PDA

View Full Version : Adriano Conquering America!

Andres
19 Jul 04, 03:45
I know that most of you are not Latinoamerican, but Adriano is becoming the best player of Copa America, i just watched Brazil 4 Mexico 0, Adriano was the man of the match:

1st goal: PK, foul against adriano, Alex scored
2nd goal: Adriano tipical goal from the left, superb shot out of the penalty box
3rd goal: blooper by Mexican GK, Adriano Stole the ball and scored
4th goal: Alex shots and Mexican GK gives a too closed rebound, Adriano goes and cannot shot and get a very close angle to shot but makes an aewsome assist to Olivera who scores.

Right now Adriano is the top scorer of the competition with 5 goals, we have now the semifinals Colombia :) vs Argentina and Brazil vs Uruguay, and you know what guys, Adriano is not showing his 100%, i'd say he's showing about an 70%, but anyway he has been the most important player for Brazil in the competition, just great, i think he will make the attacking duo with the F.D.P. in World Cup qualifing and will send Fabiano to the bench :D

SB9Dragon
19 Jul 04, 04:17
Yeah, I saw 2nights Quarters and I was amazed with Adriano's display. Thank goodness we signed him early. This guy is definately a star. He also celebrates his goals like Ronaldo (waves the finger signaling he is number 1 :D )

With him in the front line Inter will definately go far next season. Though who knows how he will match up with Vieri? I think we should simply but Luis Fabiano and pair those two together again since they have done so well together in the Copa. :D

Gaetan
19 Jul 04, 05:10
Great performance by Adriano, the kid is hungry. I admire his talent and the fact that he's matured so much since arriving here in 2001. He's a much more effective player then before and knows when and where to utilize his skills. Very soon his name will come up when people ask who's the best forward in the world.

BTW, he doesn't link up with Luis Fabiano at all. Both are two CF's and have no understanding between the two, they rely on individual talent and nothing more. I hope this isn't the case with Vieri, but that doesn't matter if Mancio opts with the 4-3-3 formation.

Pravesh
19 Jul 04, 07:29
I was actually hoping that he would return back to Milan soon, (brazil getting kicked out of Copa :D )

Anyway, I am happy for Adriano ...

Forza Adriano and Inter :star:

Frisko
19 Jul 04, 08:13
Adriano has impressed me so much since he re-joined Inter last January. He's been so consistent, and the pressure of playing in a team like Inter hasn't affected him at all.

That's why I was convinced that Vieri was going to go...They can say what they want, but they're similar players, and I just think Adriano-Martins is the ideal pair, they combine speed, power and technique.

How can we leave this guy on the bench? :confused:

Giorgio
19 Jul 04, 09:44
Mancini is not an idiot, don't worry I am sure that Adriano will be in our starting line-up next season. The boy is soon to be the best striker in the world and you just can't ignore talent like that.

Frisko
19 Jul 04, 12:03
Mancini is not an idiot, don't worry I am sure that Adriano will be in our starting line-up next season. The boy is soon to be the best striker in the world and you just can't ignore talent like that.

I think so too, but Mancini is very close to Vieri, and I don't see Adriano and Vieri regularly play together. Adriano has been quoted saying that it's difficult when Inter play with him and Bobo, because they are required to do certain movement on the pitch...

Handoyo
19 Jul 04, 13:24
Emre, who was as promising as Adriano was, is getting some unnecessary competition for a place in his line-up from Veron and Davids. His future currently looks bleak. I won't be surpsised honestly if we sign someone like E'Too and give Adriano competition for his place. :rolleyes::rollani: With Inter, you're never sure. Half a season of disappointments and injuries is enough to bring you from a key player to a bench player.

Hand;)yo

Giorgio
19 Jul 04, 13:39
I see what you're saying Handoyo, but I would say things are different now. Emre got injured and suffered a dip in form on his return, whilst Adriano seems to get better and better. Mancini can't ignore this guy.

MoH
19 Jul 04, 15:59
Adriano was the man of the match:

:confused: I thought Alex won it? But yeah, it should have been Adriano :twisted: He is something else...Anyhow, seeing as some fans think Adriano & Vieri are similar, they should watch his latest performances! He doesn’t remind me of Vieri at all, Romario maybe? Only 98362153238091883902839381920382109753X better

SB9Dragon
19 Jul 04, 21:40
The only similarities Adriano and Vieri have is that they both are strong in the air and have a powerful left foot. Adriano definately has that special Brazilian flair. The dribble, the moves. He reminds of Ronaldo :star:

The only prob is that since both are left footed they probably do better on the left. Though I'm convinced if Adriano is put on the right he can still be effective since he will switch to both sides.

Gaetan
19 Jul 04, 21:58
The only similarities Adriano and Vieri have is that they both are strong in the air and have a powerful left foot. Adriano definately has that special Brazilian flair. The dribble, the moves. He reminds of Ronaldo :star:

The only prob is that since both are left footed they probably do better on the left. Though I'm convinced if Adriano is put on the right he can still be effective since he will switch to both sides.

Good observation, my thoughts on his movement is quite similar to yours.

He isn't a dull type of CF. He's the modern day Ronaldo, not as lazy and more mobile but still not the support striker that R9 used to be in the mid 90's. His dribbling and moves can get him where he needs to go inside the penalty box, but he honestly can't create as much as a normal support striker outside of it. He will adjust to playing in any position they put him, though.

His right foot is very weak and sometimes he misses alot of chances because of that, i certainly hope that he'll be fine on the right flank if we use the 4-3-3 formation.

forzainter23
20 Jul 04, 03:38

:confused: I thought Alex won it? But yeah, it should have been Adriano :twisted: He is something else...Anyhow, seeing as some fans think Adriano & Vieri are similar, they should watch his latest performances! He doesn’t remind me of Vieri at all, Romario maybe? Only 98362153238091883902839381920382109753X better

Vieri and Adriano could do great together i dont know what the press is talking about !!!!!

YOUR AVATAR KICKS ASSSSSSSSS MOH

cool_cuchu
20 Jul 04, 04:18
I am really happy for him altough I didnt get the chance to watch his game since it's played during work hours here...

one makes me really happy is that adriano show that brazilians coah that he deserved the starting place over Luis fabiano and even arguably over Ronaldo..
If I were the coach Adriano will start.. he works harder compared to ronaldo, he can do things with his head... and certabainly he is stronger than both..

Adriano's competitor in brazilian team is ronaldo, since they really occupy the same position..

in serie a, I dont have any doubt adriano is the best brazilian stiker for serie a compared to ronaldo, fabiano, and even ronaldinho...

Giorgio
20 Jul 04, 08:23

Good observation, my thoughts on his movement is quite similar to yours.

He isn't a dull type of CF. He's the modern day Ronaldo, not as lazy and more mobile but still not the support striker that R9 used to be in the mid 90's. His dribbling and moves can get him where he needs to go inside the penalty box, but he honestly can't create as much as a normal support striker outside of it. He will adjust to playing in any position they put him, though.

His right foot is very weak and sometimes he misses alot of chances because of that, i certainly hope that he'll be fine on the right flank if we use the 4-3-3 formation.

Yea, we can hope that Adriano will do fine on the right flank, but when you consider that he is the top scorer at the copa america by 2 goals and that he is a real star I personally feel that putting him out on the right flank is a bit of a waste of this guys talents. If we play a 4-3-3 to put it simply, Vieri shouldn't be in the team. If we play a 4-4-2, I am more than happy to see if Vieir and Adriano can combine, but if they can't then it should be Adriano and not Vieri who is handed the starting shirt.

internausicaa
20 Jul 04, 08:45
mancini must be suprised by adriano and martins' recent display.
he should think a good way to deal with they three.
also we have recoba !!! :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

cool_cuchu
20 Jul 04, 09:17
mancini must be suprised by adriano and martins' recent display.
he should think a good way to deal with they three.
also we have recoba !!! :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

:confused: :confused: <--- Mancini

Andres
20 Jul 04, 14:41

really??, well i said that because he was the man of the match IMO :D , and i thought that he was gonna be selected, Alex?? who is makin' the "man of the match" choice of every game?? :mad:

bobati
20 Jul 04, 16:49
:D

internausicaa
22 Jul 04, 03:33
he have a goal again!
so good !! :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Gaetan
22 Jul 04, 05:19
He is owning the Copa America, he's just too much to handle. He can truck through any defense, even when the Uruguayans had two guys man marking him.

Adriano is proving to the world that he's atleast soon going to be considered one of the world's elite strikers. He has been doubted by his own people in Brazil, but he sure is silencing his critics. His mobility has been a shock to so many people, i would go as far as saying he is almost as deadly as Ronaldo for the Selecao.

I will be rooting my heart out for Brazil in the final, despite my love for Capitano.

Pravesh
22 Jul 04, 06:47
He is owning the Copa America, he's just too much to handle. He can truck through any defense, even when the Uruguayans had two guys man marking him.

Adriano is proving to the world that he's atleast soon going to be considered one of the world's elite strikers. He has been doubted by his own people in Brazil, but he sure is silencing his critics. His mobility has been a shock to so many people, i would go as far as saying he is almost as deadly as Ronaldo for the Selecao.

I will be rooting my heart out for Brazil in the final, despite my love for Capitano.

yeah. He's from a country which has always been producing 3/4 great quality strikers for their main squad. I do believe that by 2006 World Cup, Adriano will be a regular, playing alongside Ronaldo and Ronaldinho if he keeps on playing like he is doing now.

:proud:

cool_cuchu
22 Jul 04, 11:31
he wears number 7 and playing on the right, rather weird IMO...
but he scores many goals....

forza adriano...

SB9Dragon
22 Jul 04, 14:52
After watching the Copa I'm convinced that Adriano can still be deadly on the right. Though he will cut in a lot to shoot and he will probably also switch to the left at times to cross or shoot. So maybe Adriano and Vieri can co-exist, though its a shame that they haven't had any time to practice a lot together during the summer since Vieri was at the Euros and Adriano at the Copa.

Frisko
22 Jul 04, 15:13
After watching the Copa I'm convinced that Adriano can still be deadly on the right. Though he will cut in a lot to shoot and he will probably also switch to the left at times to cross or shoot. So maybe Adriano and Vieri can co-exist, though its a shame that they haven't had any time to practice a lot together during the summer since Vieri was at the Euros and Adriano at the Copa.

Adriano on the right? You're kidding right? That would be a HUGE WASTE! Adriano is our first striker, full stop!

Javier Zanetti
22 Jul 04, 15:37
He also played on the right against Parma and did very well , dribbling inside the area using all his technique .

See ?
http://www.inter.it/aas/img/35796.jpg

Pravesh
22 Jul 04, 15:44

Adriano on the right? You're kidding right? That would be a HUGE WASTE! Adriano is our first striker, full stop!

That won't be a huge waste, I guess. He's very good in the left side, but he can play well in the right as well. And as BDragon2k2 said, Adriano can still be deadly on the right.

But as it seems that we will have Recoba as our attacking midfielder and Vieri as a starter, then that problem shudn't arise that much:

----Adriano-----Vieri-------
-----------Recoba-----------

And Martins plays in the right side, so that won't be a problem either.

:)

Gismo
22 Jul 04, 15:47
As long as Adriano and Vieri donīt run in each otherīs way I see no problem. Best duo in the world easily if Mancini can make it work! :star:

Frisko
22 Jul 04, 15:57

That won't be a huge waste, I guess. He's very good in the left side, but he can play well in the right as well. And as BDragon2k2 said, Adriano can still be deadly on the right.

But as it seems that we will have Recoba as our attacking midfielder and Vieri as a starter, then that problem shudn't arise that much:

----Adriano-----Vieri-------
-----------Recoba-----------

And Martins plays in the right side, so that won't be a problem either.

You keep assuming that Recoba will be a starter (and he won't!!)

Toldo

J Zanetti----Cordoba-----Matrix-----Coco

Veron-------Davids------C Zanetti------Stankovic

Adriano-------Martins

Gismo
22 Jul 04, 15:59
No one can be sure of the future Inter lineup. ;) Pravesh could be right you could be right and I could... ;)

K.I.
22 Jul 04, 19:44
i am so angry :mad: i dont understand why the media is makin so much fuss about that topic,just leave mancini work in peace :fero:
and also this is kinda cofussing for me :confused: why wouldnt 2 top strikers play with each other? i mean i dont get it????? adriano's playing style is nowhere near bobo's playing style,vieri is a guy with a powerful structure who heads well and and has a deadlly left foot,adrain is also powereful and has a good header but he also Dribbles,he is like the complete package a striker has,so ofcourse they can co-exist because adriano's playing style doesnt remind me of vieri at all :confused:

Frisko
22 Jul 04, 20:09
i am so angry :mad: i dont understand why the media is makin so much fuss about that topic,just leave mancini work in peace :fero:
and also this is kinda cofussing for me :confused: why wouldnt 2 top strikers play with each other? i mean i dont get it????? adriano's playing style is nowhere near bobo's playing style,vieri is a guy with a powerful structure who heads well and and has a deadlly left foot,adrain is also powereful and has a good header but he also Dribbles,he is like the complete package a striker has,so ofcourse they can co-exist because adriano's playing style doesnt remind me of vieri at all :confused:

Adriano has been complaining about playing with Vieri last season, basically because when they do they must help out the midfield. I noticed Vieri retreating quite a lot towards midfield during last season, doing the job Julio Cruz is so good at, heading the ball and letting the squad advance.

K.I.
22 Jul 04, 20:15
well vieri shouldnt help the midfiled,adraino has to do that because when vieri helps the midfield he losses the ball alot because he cant dribble very well,this should be adriano's job,that what he is doin in the coppa america,taking the right wing.

Pulsar36
22 Jul 04, 20:17
Hey guys..remember Del Piero's lob over the GK? Guess who initiated that!

PLAYMAKER VIER IFROM THE HALFWAY LINE HE PASSED IT TO DP AT EDGE OF BOX

Gaetan
22 Jul 04, 21:35
As BDragon posted earlier, Adriano seems to have the class to play anywhere in attack. He is mobile enough and has enough technique to work outside the box, unlike Vieri. Out of those two, Bobo would be feeding off Adriano more then vice versa but i still think Adriano will be as deadly. He just naturally knows how to get the ball in the back of the net, in more then one way.

On the right, you'll be seeing alot of cutting to the inside and powerful left foot shots from Adriano. One of his gols vs Mexico reminded me very much of Rivaldo's style of left kick, very powerful and the way he places it to kick is very similar to Rivaldo.

Regardless of what formation we use, i am not worried about Adriano at all. He's a valuable forward who can fit into any plan, from being a CF to being the more creating partner like how he's been playing in the Copa with Luis Fabiano.

Andres
22 Jul 04, 21:51
As some of you know, Brazil won again and Adriano scored again, 1-1 the game, 6 goals for Adriano, Adriano played a good game, he fought every ball, in the PKs Brazil won, Adriano scored his PK, probably no matter the final he is the best player of the tournament, now we have the final: Argentina vs Brazil, Il Capitano and Kily vs Adriano, what a game!, id love to see Colombia in the final but i just lost the semifinal against Argentina( an embarrasing 3-0 :wallbang: ), i felt weird, Il Capitano was playing as he does usually(good), was making aewsome things in his flank, one of the best argentinian players in the match, i saw him and for some reason i wanted him to make crosses and steal the ball and defends well as he does :scared: , but i realized everytime that it was against my team :( , god! I DONT WANNA PLAY VS ZANETTI AGAIN! :stuckup: , anyway, Colombia is out, i hope at least to win vs Uruguay in the 3rd place game :stuckup:

finally i wanna say that i hope that Argentina win the final, Il Capitano almost hasnt won something in his career!, Adriano has a life to win championships(hope with Inter :D ), id love to see our captain rising the cup :proud: (as Cordoba did 3 years ago, i went to the stadium then and saw him, he rised the Cup first :proud: , as some of you know he is Colombia's captain)

cool_cuchu
23 Jul 04, 02:49
I just want adriano to score many goals... I dont really give a damn about brazilian team.. I am just supporting adriano....

that basically goes for argentina as well...

so I wish Il Capitano and Kily will kick Brazilian asses,
while I also expect adriano is tearing the net and mock argentine defenders (expect il capitano of course :D )

Giorgio
23 Jul 04, 10:34
I am also supporting Adriano at the Copa America, but I would prefer JZ to lift the cup :)

Anyway, I am happy for Adriano and Vieri to play alongside eachother, but I really don't see where all this stuff about Adriano having to cut in from the RW to play up front. Surely if that was the case then you must also be saying that Vieri will be cutting in from the left :confused:

They can play together. I have realised that. But I would be surprised if Mancini decides to do what some of you people are saying and use our 2 big strikers on the wings. I think we will just have Adriano and Vieri in the middle, with 1 dropping back into the midfield when we're defending and launching attacks, with 2 very offensive winger, perhaps Recoba and Stankovic, to do our work down the flanks.

I am quite annoyed to be honest that some of you people want to see Adriano wasted out wide. :fero:

Gismo
23 Jul 04, 10:38
I think you misunderstood.

Adriano - Vieri

Adriano RF
Vieri LF

;)

SB9Dragon
23 Jul 04, 15:03
I think you misunderstood.

Adriano - Vieri

Adriano RF
Vieri LF

;)

Gismo's right.

Why would we ever want to put both Vieri and Adriano on the wings? It just doesn't make sense ;)

Handoyo
23 Jul 04, 16:25
Adriano did play in as an awkward right forward (Ala Figo) against Parma. But his performance wasn't good, apart from the goal, which wasn't even from an open play. Playing Adriano in that kind of position again will be a f*cking disgrace and Mancini should apologize even if he dreams of it. It's like eating abalone and shark's fin with instant noodle (For the Chinese). It's like eating caviar with baked beans (For the Westerners). Complete waste of potential.

Hand;)yo

Gismo
23 Jul 04, 16:29
LMAO :dielaugh: And I agree.

Giorgio
23 Jul 04, 18:45
Well there were quite a lot of people who kept on going on about Adriano having to cut in, which seems to suggest coming in from a wide position. I just want Vieri and Adriano up front, one left and one right, but both central. But I am quite sure that there were people saying he would have to cut in a lot. You can't cut in to the middle if you're already in the middle ;) :rolleyes:

Frisko
25 Jul 04, 19:36
Well there were quite a lot of people who kept on going on about Adriano having to cut in, which seems to suggest coming in from a wide position. I just want Vieri and Adriano up front, one left and one right, but both central. But I am quite sure that there were people saying he would have to cut in a lot. You can't cut in to the middle if you're already in the middle ;) :rolleyes:

I think having Adriano to play wide would be to dumbest move ever.

Frisko
25 Jul 04, 20:06
First 3 minutes of the Copa America final, one chance for Brasil=Adriano, stopped in the area, one chance for Argentina=J Zanetti, shot from outside the box saved in corner by the brasilian keeper... :D

CafeCordoba
25 Jul 04, 22:29
He's absolutely fantastic. Last seconds of extra time, Argentina leading 2-1. High long ball coming to the box, it bounces there little, then Adriano gets it and BANG! It's 2-2! In the penalties, he's the first Brazil's shooter and of course puts the ball to the net.

Seven goals in six mathces, not bad.

Gismo
25 Jul 04, 22:32
Grande Adriano!!! :proud:

Gaetan
26 Jul 04, 03:21
Agreed, Grande Adriano indeed. He pulled something out of nothing today and single handedly won the Copa America for Brazil. He has proven all his doubters in Brazil wrong, without a doubt. He will be a vital part to our team too, Mancio must be impressed with what he has seen from the kid.

I don't want to hype him up too much, but i feel that he will be the Phenomeno that we wanted Ronaldo to be for FC Inter. Perhaps he could be the second coming, but the ending will be different. This guy has some passion and heart in him, and he doesn't forget how he grew up in poverty. He doesn't take anything for granted, i absolutely love his attitude.

FORZA ADRIANO! ALEEEE ALEEEE ALEEEE!

Pravesh
26 Jul 04, 05:09
Have to agree with you ;)

The goal he scored was really a good one, not that it looked great or something like that, but the way he scored from no where. It used be Vieri for seasons for us, but now it's ADRIANO now.

Lets hope that Mancini does something with our Vieri - Adriano duo, otheriwse we are in big big trouble. It all depends on Vieri as well. If he really does love Inter and cares about the club, he shudn't mind letting Adriano play by taking the bench role. And well, it's a long season, hopefully we won't be out of Champions League so soon (if we qualify :D ).

We can rest one of Adriano / Vieri for big matches, play both the duo, and well the same old INJURY PROBLEM is always there waiting at the door.

Giorgio
26 Jul 04, 09:40
Adriano has proved all of his critics wrong now. I even know some idiot that still maintains that Adriano isn't a big game player :D :rolleyes:

He can be everything for us that Ronaldo never was. I'm so excited about what he can do for us next season. Parreira has to play him in his first choice Brazil team now.

Frisko
26 Jul 04, 09:59
Adriano has proved all of his critics wrong now. I even know some idiot that still maintains that Adriano isn't a big game player :D :rolleyes:

He can be everything for us that Ronaldo never was. I'm so excited about what he can do for us next season. Parreira has to play him in his first choice Brazil team now.

My gosh, Adriano-Ronaldo-Ronaldinho-Kaka... :rolleyes: next 2 or 3 world cups gone you think? :eek:

Gismo
26 Jul 04, 11:38
Ronaldo is the only weak link in that chain.

We can rest one of Adriano / Vieri for big matches, play both the duo, and well the same old INJURY PROBLEM is always there waiting at the door.
Letīs hope Carmi (my nickname for Ivan Carminati) can do something about that. :hopefull:

Marco The Butcher
26 Jul 04, 14:55
At least he proved to be more important than Fabiano and now i assume Adriano deserves to be alongside Ronaldo in the 1st team and Fabiano sits on the bench.

SB9Dragon
26 Jul 04, 20:58
I agree Marco. This display should definately give him a place in Brazil's first team starting lineup. I think that Adriano will definately be a better partner upfront then Fabiano since Adriano goes more into the midfield to pickup balls and make things happen then Luis does.

Gismo
26 Jul 04, 21:02
I think Adriano and Fabiano should play upfront if you ask me. Ronaldo can warm the bench until he improves. ;)

SB9Dragon
26 Jul 04, 21:07
Nah. Ronaldo is better than Luis Fabiano, he has more experience, and he is a Brazilian icon. He deserves to start.

Did I mention he scored a hat trick his last time out with the Brazilian NT?

He got fouled 3 times in the penalty box and he scored 3 PKs.

Now that is Worldclass :P :D

Gismo
26 Jul 04, 21:12
To be frank I havenīt seen Fabiano yet. But from what I hear he seems slightly better than Ronaldo.

SB9Dragon
26 Jul 04, 21:14
Even if he was my Ronaldo biasness would definately blind me into disagreeing :P

Pani
26 Jul 04, 21:21
Fabiano better than Ronaldo???

NO WAY!!!

Gismo
26 Jul 04, 21:30
I bow before the people who saw Fabiano. :D

Pani
26 Jul 04, 21:33
Fabiano is not a bad striker,but IMO nothing special.

In addition,I think that he had problems settling in Rennes a few years ago.

Handoyo
27 Jul 04, 15:26
I think Adriano and Fabiano should play upfront if you ask me. Ronaldo can warm the bench until he improves. ;)

To be frank I havenīt seen Fabiano yet. But from what I hear he seems slightly better than Ronaldo.
Oh my God. :D

Hand;)yo

Gismo
27 Jul 04, 15:36
You better add the part of reason:

I bow before the people who saw Fabiano. :D

:P

Pravesh
27 Jul 04, 16:48

Gismo, Ronaldo is not bad as you think. Anyway, it's ur opinion. But still, I totally disagree with you :)

May be something like this would be good for Brazil:

------- Ronaldo ------ Adriano -------
-------------- Ronaldinho -------------

;)

Frisko
27 Jul 04, 17:01

Gismo, Ronaldo is not bad as you think. Anyway, it's ur opinion. But still, I totally disagree with you :)

May be something like this would be good for Brazil:

------- Ronaldo ------ Adriano -------
-------------- Ronaldinho -------------

;)

What about Kaka' Prav? Do you think he can play as well? If not, would you leave him out? I personally would let Ronaldinho out...

Gismo
27 Jul 04, 17:03
Gismo, Ronaldo is not bad as you think.
No? Go watch some tapes with Real in La Liga the last couple of seasons and see if you still think so. :);)

I think it is pointless debating him since we obviously disagree so much. In the beginning I critised him more because of what he did to Inter. But now I donīt anymore.

And to be frank if after seing what I have seen of Ronaldo you still think the same way you are slightly blindfolded. No offense mate. ;)

What about Kaka' Prav? Do you think he can play as well? If not, would you leave him out? I personally would let Ronaldinho out...
I would prefer this if we count in Kaka:

Kaka

Ronaldinho - Adriano

Lethal. :lala:

Frisko
27 Jul 04, 17:10
Mate Ronnie got more than 20 balls in the back of the net last year in La Liga, that's much more than many other "champions" can say (i.e. Christian Tritolone Vieri)!

Gismo
27 Jul 04, 17:15
Uhm... You canīt compare it that way. You gotta look at scoring rates. ;)

Vieri had a bad season because of his problems with Zac and briefly the tifosi. Ronaldo in comparison to his normal standard was merely a shadow of himself.

He scored a lot of goals. But he also did other things which I have already posted.

I have the theory that a strikerīs main purpose is to score goals and that it is acceptable if he does. But it is unacceptable if at the same time you miss so many other goals which can decide games and lots of valuable points.

Frisko
27 Jul 04, 17:22
Uhm... You canīt compare it that way. You gotta look at scoring rates. ;)

Vieri had a bad season because of his problems with Zac and briefly the tifosi. Ronaldo in comparison to his normal standard was merely a shadow of himself.

He scored a lot of goals. But he also did other things which I have already posted.

I have the theory that a strikerīs main purpose is to score goals and that it is acceptable if he does. But it is unacceptable if at the same time you miss so many other goals which can decide games and lots of valuable points.

You don't like Ronnie mate, and you just can't judge him with a fair mind. You got to admit it. You rather Luis Fabiano than him for crying out loud!!

I respect your opinions but they're not objective in this matter.

And Vieri is the king of missed chances since 2002: he started against Korea, he kept on missing last year with Inter (he missed sitters against Roma at the S Siro, Lokomotiv Moscow, Lazio, Parma, so many!!!!). So you'd have to rate him even lower considering that he didn't score many goals in Serie A.

Gismo
27 Jul 04, 17:27
A) I still hate him. But I judge him objectivally. I think I saw something you didnīt see in CL. ;)

B) I took my statement about Fabiano back. :D

C) I disagree completely about Vieri. Iīve always considered him one of the most effective strikers in the world. ;) I believe that is one of his greatest strengths.

D) I agree Vieri has had some unfortunate years in some competitions. Like in Portugal for example.

E) Believe me or not. I am as objective as I can be. I just have another opinion of him as a player than you do.

F) Did you see La Liga the last two seasons?

Pravesh
27 Jul 04, 17:31
Gismo, Ronaldo is not bad as you think.
No? Go watch some tapes with Real in La Liga the last couple of seasons and see if you still think so. :);)

I think it is pointless debating him since we obviously disagree so much. In the beginning I critized him more because of what he did to Inter. But now I donīt anymore.

And to be frank if after seing what I have seen of Ronaldo you still think the same way you are slightly blindfolded. No offense mate. ;)

I don't need to watch tapes, coz I did watch Real's matches .... may be 10/11, when Ronaldo played. ;)
And well, I hate Ronaldo like hell. :)

He's not the same old Ronaldo, nonetheless he's still a good striker ... and you are right, we shouldn't start the debate again on this. :D

Prav + esh = Pravesh

Ok guys, this is to everyone ..... Lets call my name properly - "Pravesh" :D
no Prav anymore :stuckup:

Frisko,
Yes, Kaka/Alex can play as well. I don't think I would leave him out. I wouldn't let Ronaldinho out though.

----- Ronaldo ------- Adriano ---
------------ Ronaldinho ----------
---- Emerson ---- Kaka/Alex --- +1 midfielder: Ze Roberto/Edu/Gilberto/?

R.Carlos -- Juan - Lucio -- Cafu

---------------- Dida -------------

Frisko
27 Jul 04, 17:48
A) I still hate him. But I judge him objectivally. I think I saw something you didnīt see in CL. ;)

B) I took my statement about Fabiano back. :D

C) I disagree completely about Vieri. Iīve always considered him one of the most effective strikers in the world. ;) I believe that is one of his greatest strengths.

D) I agree Vieri has had some unfortunate years in some competitions. Like in Portugal for example.

E) Believe me or not. I am as objective as I can be. I just have another opinion of him as a player than you do.

F) Did you see La Liga the last two seasons?

Ok ok! :D

No I haven't seen ALL Real Madrid's matches during the last 2 years but I've seen quite a few, and Ronaldo always look as manacing as they can be.

I don't know how you can disagree about Vieri. I'm not saying that he's finished or he's rubbish, but he had a terrible season last year. Vieri has always been lethal, he scores goals, he doesn't miss often. But gosh he did during last season! His mistake in injury time against Roma at the S Siro is one of the iconic moments of last season Inter's campaign.

You say Ronaldo missed many chances and he didn't link up well with his team-mates, but at least he scored plenty of goals!

Gosh it will be a lot of fun if one day Ronaldo will come back to Inter... This site will be burning hehehehe :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Gismo
27 Jul 04, 17:52
Sorry, Pravesh. I believe it was me who started to call you Prav. :)

I have always been used to nicknaming people ever since I was a little kid. :D

See, frisko. We simply disagree. ;) And I agree Vieri had a horrible season last term.

Ronaldo is still a very good player. Maybe Top 30 of strikers in the world IMO.

Pravesh
27 Jul 04, 18:03
Sorry, Pravesh. I believe it was me who started to call you Prav. :)

At first, I didn't mind at all, but now it seems that my friends might forget my name. So, just taking precaution. :D

No need to say sorry, Gismo :) btw, was it really you, who started it? :eek: :D

Gismo
27 Jul 04, 18:11
Yes, I believe so. At least I have not noticed anyone calling you that before. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure. :D

Handoyo
28 Jul 04, 04:15
:crybaby: I'm too lazy to type 7 words to call someone's name. Can I call you 'Vesh'? :cool:

:p

Hand:Dyo

cool_cuchu
28 Jul 04, 04:59
I don't think luis fabiano is really a great striker, but he did score few important goals for brazil... in that competition...

adriano scored less at first, coz he was assuming a more backward position, but he scored a lot then the coach change him to more advanced position..

I always assumed brazil try to expose luis fabiano more, since the big teams from europe are content with their current strikers

Frisko
28 Jul 04, 08:12
:crybaby: I'm too lazy to type 7 words to call someone's name. Can I call you 'Vesh'? :cool:

You mean 7 letters you silly administrator! :dielaugh: :P

Pravesh
28 Jul 04, 08:22

Well..... let me think ...... :confused:
"NO" :stuckup:

btw, who else has 7 letters' name ?? :D

SB9Dragon
28 Jul 04, 14:37
I call him Prav when I'm feeling lazy :P

Vesh? Sounds like mesh :P

Handoyo
28 Jul 04, 15:46
:eek:

Ladies and gentleman, you have just witnessed the end of frisko's FI career. :mad::P

You can call me Han. Or Do. Or Doy. Or Yo. Man, I have a lot of short names that people used to call me. :D

Hand;)yo

Pravesh
28 Jul 04, 16:45
I call him Prav when I'm feeling lazy :P

:cry2:

OK !! OK !! Try to call me Pravesh, otherwise Prav might also be fine. :(

But my name is "Pravesh". It just takes about 2/3 seconds to type my name. :D

Anyway, forget it guys. I don't want to be famous by having a thread dedicated to my name. :D ;)

btw, the meaning of "Pravesh" in my native language is "Entrance" :proud: :D

Forza Pravesh:star:

SB9Dragon
28 Jul 04, 17:10
Well since you guys are giving out nicknames then I'll do the same. Just call me Rich. Its shorter than BDragon2k2, BDragon, B-Drag, etc, etc :P

Javier Zanetti
28 Jul 04, 17:12
WOW this is really off topic :yuck:

Alex or JZ here ;) :)

Handoyo
28 Jul 04, 17:52
Well, the Copa America is over anyway. :) But Alex is right. Let's do this in the Fan Exchange forum. In fact, I'm starting a new great thread there. :D

Hand;)yo

Frisko
28 Jul 04, 20:53
:eek:

Ladies and gentleman, you have just witnessed the end of frisko's FI career. :mad::P

You can call me Han. Or Do. Or Doy. Or Yo. Man, I have a lot of short names that people used to call me. :D

Hand;)yo

Omg have mercy on me you mighty administrator! (Grr there's no ass-kissing smiley lol)

Gaetan
29 Jul 04, 02:20
I don't think luis fabiano is really a great striker, but he did score few important goals for brazil... in that competition...

He's never been able to prove his worth to the Selecao because he's either been used out of position or having to play with another CF and doesn't have anybody working to create chances for him.

Luis Fabiano is the type of striker that is good with a support striker or a workhorse and having the whole team feeding the ball to him. He's good as a lone striker and knows how to score out of nothing in the penalty area. Very good in tight places, excellent with his back turned against the defenders. Everyone who's played football in real life knows that it takes a natural to be good in those sittuations.

cool_cuchu
29 Jul 04, 06:52

He's never been able to prove his worth to the Selecao because he's either been used out of position or having to play with another CF and doesn't have anybody working to create chances for him.

Luis Fabiano is the type of striker that is good with a support striker or a workhorse and having the whole team feeding the ball to him. He's good as a lone striker and knows how to score out of nothing in the penalty area. Very good in tight places, excellent with his back turned against the defenders. Everyone who's played football in real life knows that it takes a natural to be good in those sittuations.

but he was paired with ronaldo in front of adriano in the NT

Gaetan
29 Jul 04, 07:01
but he was paired with ronaldo in front of adriano in the NT

Are you talking about the match versus Argentina when Brazil won 3-0 thanks to three penalties by Ronaldo? if so, that was unexpected since Ronaldinho got a last minute injury and Parreira switched the formation from a 4-3-1-2 to a 4-4-2. Once again, pairing up with Ronaldo will not work with Luis Fabiano since both of them are pure strikers ala CF's.

Sorry if i misunderstood what you're writting about, but it's the only time he has played for the Selecao before the Copa America.

SB9Dragon
29 Jul 04, 14:14
Definately Pat. Adriano teaming up with Ronaldo makes more sense then Luis Fabiano pairing with him. Those 2 could be better striker partners due to their similarities and differences. Adriano goes back into the midfield while Luis Fabiano doesn't.

Gaetan
29 Jul 04, 15:20
Definately Pat. Adriano teaming up with Ronaldo makes more sense then Luis Fabiano pairing with him. Those 2 could be better striker partners due to their similarities and differences. Adriano goes back into the midfield while Luis Fabiano doesn't.

Ah, nice to see another die hard Brazil fan exist. I think there's either alot of hatred for them in this forum or there's just too much love for Argentina because of Zanetti. :D

cool_cuchu
30 Jul 04, 04:44
yes, I was talking about that game... (argentina vs Brazil)...

I did support argentina, simply coz Brazuk benched adriano...

I used to be Brazil's fan.. but since Ronaldo's ugly move to Real, it's really hard for me to cheer for them...

especially since they still make ronaldo their primary striker.., if they make adriano to be their #9, I'll support Brazil again..

Thug_Paco
03 Aug 04, 15:15
the new Fenomeno man!!! Even newspapers in Brazil were saying this guy could be better than FATaldo, one even stated he is better wich in my opinion is absolutely true Adriano is much better than FATaldo

Pfhor
29 Oct 04, 18:27
does anyone happen to have clips of adriano's goals from this tourney? gonna be working on a comp of him soon and been looking for these goals, especially his incredible one in the finals. hope anyone can help out, thanks.

chief
08 Feb 05, 13:06
ViVa Adriano