PDA

View Full Version : Why is Recoba still in the team?

benny
22 Jul 04, 06:58
maybe because no other team in the world belives that he can be a player... :lol:

K.I.
22 Jul 04, 19:17
well ur stupid :lol: ,and he is in the inter team because he is a big talent,and in this summer morrati rejected a player swap between recoba and saviola because he is a big fan of him and thinks mancini can get the best out of him :rolleyes:

Ziyad
22 Jul 04, 20:18
Recoba is a must keep especially after combining so well with Adriano. :star:

Gaetan
22 Jul 04, 21:47
No need for the heat in here guys, we all want what's best for this club and have different oppinions on how to improve. :)

Recoba has always been one of the world's most talented players, even though he doesn't prove it all the time. At this point, he's only shown glimpses and played well like when he was on loan at Venezia. It's no secret that the amount of stars on our team has slowed down his development, but when given the chance many times he has dissapointed and at times it even seemed like he only excelled when he felt like it. I feel that our management and coaches have a plan on how to use Chino, and i guess you can call this his last season to prove himself.

He's been an Inter product since 1997, a 21 year old phenom. No one has ever doubted the amount of technique and skills, at times he made us feel like we had a world beater and on other nights he made us wonder how he can look at himself and grab Moratti's paycheck. However, we all love him for those glorious performances that he's had and envy how much talent he has waisted.

The important thing is he knows that he hasn't done squat throughout his career despite of just oozing with talent enough to make most of the world envy him. He wants to change this and win with FC Inter, and as Mancio has stated he will be one of the key members of this team in 2004/2005.

Lady luck hasn't been on his side to say the least. Recoba managed to have a very good season in 2003/2004 but the injury bug hit him several times. His partnership with Adriano still leaves us begging for more, to say the thought of them playing together upfront must be a defender's nightmare is putting it nicely.

benny
23 Jul 04, 06:55
we are waiting for him till the first Ronaldo season in Italy... he is a good player, sure. But he has not a specifical role and he is too discontinuos. And I was also in San Siro when he kicked out the penalty against Helsinborgs... :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

cool_cuchu
23 Jul 04, 08:33
ronaldo 1st season was great... he was really good IMO...
we were really unlucky at that time...
I think that was his only great season at inter, he sank so badly after that..

having adriano is almost like having ronaldo at his prime.... ronaldo had his prime when he was 21-22, while adriano hasnt been as good as the traitor at this age.. but you can expect adriano to be better and better..

mancini is certainly having the players he needed, the management can help him by trimming down the squad to 25

SB9Dragon
23 Jul 04, 15:05
True. Adriano resembles Ronaldo in a lot of ways. From the shaved head to the celebration to the style of play.

Pravesh
23 Jul 04, 15:10
True. Adriano resembles Ronaldo in a lot of ways. From the shaved head to the celebration to the style of play.

The only difference is that Ronaldo is fast, if I am not wrong

:D

SB9Dragon
23 Jul 04, 15:22
Adriano isn't slow. He's actually fast for a guy of his stature.

The only main difference is that Adriano is more left-foot oriented while Ronaldo is more right foot.

Though both of them can use either feet though Ronaldo is definately better at using his left then Adriano using his right.

Pravesh
23 Jul 04, 15:34
Adriano isn't slow. He's actually fast for a guy of his stature.

When compared to Ronaldo, I think that Adriano is a bit slow in pace. :)

Gismo
23 Jul 04, 15:38
If we are talking about the old Ronaldo I agree. If we are talking about the present Ronaldo I severely disagree.

Pravesh
23 Jul 04, 15:59
If we are talking about the old Ronaldo I agree. If we are talking about the present Ronaldo I severely disagree.

old one ;)

:star:

Gismo
23 Jul 04, 16:02
The old Ronaldo was enchanting. :star: He was my favourite player back then. Ah well, now it is Ronaldinho. I always choose the one I consider the best player in the world.

Giorgio
23 Jul 04, 18:46
Yes, Ronaldinho is clearly the best player in the world.

K.I.
24 Jul 04, 02:26
i was just joking with u benny,i respect ur opinion,but i want to know something,is the tickets being sold a good amount or is it less than last year becauese the no. now i donnt know if its good or bad?

SB9Dragon
24 Jul 04, 14:41

Ronaldinho the best in the world?? IMO Thierry Henry last year pre-Euros was just as good if not better than Ronaldinho. I think those 2 were the best players in the world last season...

Giorgio
24 Jul 04, 14:49
Henry was very good yea, but IMO Ronaldinho was slighlty better. I'm not really talking about form anyway, but overrall ability.

Javier Zanetti
24 Jul 04, 16:38

Ronaldinho the best in the world?? IMO Thierry Henry last year pre-Euros was just as good if not better than Ronaldinho. I think those 2 were the best players in the world last season...
Henry is only fast and has a good sidestep , Ronaldinho is so much more , but that's to the thread I opened in the World Of Soccer forum

http://st04.startlogic.com/~forza-in/forums/viewforum.php?f=19

Frisko
26 Jul 04, 11:39
Ronaldo is not just fast, what's amazing is the speed of his movements while controlling the ball.

I think many of you guys say that Ronaldo is not as strong as he used to be just because he left Inter in a bad way. The guy is as strong as it was nowadays, maybe even stronger. He's more powerful and not so easy to stop, and still fast as lightening.

In Real disastrous season he was one of the few good notes, he was top scorer in the Liga if I'm not mistaken, anyway he scored more than 20 goals.

Ronaldo is still the best striker in the world followed by Henry. Adriano is coming though...

Gismo
26 Jul 04, 11:43
Are you serious, frisko? :eek: Well I guess we severely disagree again. Had Real kept Morientes and played him instead he would have scored 30+ goals.

Furthermore his first touches are slappy to say the least. And he creates zero chances for himself or his teammates.

Donīt think I say this because I hate the son of a b!tch. But because I saw him play 20 matches or so last season. ;)

Frisko
26 Jul 04, 12:05
Are you serious, frisko? :eek: Well I guess we severely disagree again. Had Real kept Morientes and played him instead he would have scored 30+ goals.

Furthermore his first touches are slappy to say the least. And he creates zero chances for himself or his teammates.

Donīt think I say this because I hate the son of a b!tch. But because I saw him play 20 matches or so last season. ;)

What about all the goal he scored???

Gismo
26 Jul 04, 12:23
They were fine. That is what makes him a good player. But he ainīt half the player he used to be. ;)

I canīt give you his goalrate. But what I can tell you is that he wasted way too many chances. He got injured. However it is no excuse for not scoring at least 28 goals when you have an ultra offensive team trying to serve chances for you on a silver plate every three seconds.

That is my humble opinion. Raul dissapointed too and Mori was missed.

Frisko
26 Jul 04, 12:34
They were fine. That is what makes him a good player. But he ainīt half the player he used to be. ;)

I canīt give you his goalrate. But what I can tell you is that he wasted way too many chances. He got injured. However it is no excuse for not scoring at least 28 goals when you have an ultra offensive team trying to serve chances for you on a silver plate every three seconds.

That is my humble opinion. Raul dissapointed too and Mori was missed.

I understand. Still you have to consider that the whole team was underperforming. And look at Vieri, he missed so many chances last year too, but he didn't score 20 goals!

I don't think Ronaldo is any weaker than he used to be now. Look at what he did at the World Cup. I remember two great goals he scored 2 seasons ago against Man Utd at Old Trafford. They guy's back with a vengeance.

Gismo
26 Jul 04, 12:38
Well I disagree... yet again. :yawn: Iīd rather have Trezeguet than Ronaldo at the moment! I believe I already posted my list of players who are better than Ronaldo IMO in another thread. I probably canīt find it though. And I am too lazy to post it again.

And on rare occasions he shows glimses of his capability. Like that night in England. :P

Frisko
26 Jul 04, 12:50
Well I disagree... yet again. :yawn: Iīd rather have Trezeguet than Ronaldo at the moment! I believe I already posted my list of players who are better than Ronaldo IMO in another thread. I probably canīt find it though. And I am too lazy to post it again.

And on rare occasions he shows glimses of his capability. Like that night in England. :P

Oh my god he said Trezeguet *takes out cross and holy water* :dielaugh:

CafeCordoba
26 Jul 04, 12:52
Well I disagree... yet again. :yawn: Iīd rather have Trezeguet than Ronaldo at the moment! I believe I already posted my list of players who are better than Ronaldo IMO in another thread.

I would say that Shevchenko, Henry, Ronaldo and Adriano are at this moment (or Adriano at least very soon) the best forwards in the world. Adriano played himself to that category in Copa America.

Gismo
26 Jul 04, 12:54
Well that is your opinion. :) As you know mine is radically different. ;)

Frisko
26 Jul 04, 12:56
Well I disagree... yet again. :yawn: Iīd rather have Trezeguet than Ronaldo at the moment! I believe I already posted my list of players who are better than Ronaldo IMO in another thread.

I would say that Shevchenko, Henry, Ronaldo and Adriano are at this moment (or Adriano at least very soon) the best forwards in the world. Adriano played himself to that category in Copa America.

Good pick mate.

Marco The Butcher
26 Jul 04, 14:45
Henry better than Ronaldo.. You gotta be kidding me.. Ronaldo was the best player in the world at a time Henry was in the shadows of Monaco. Ronaldo yes is a traitor, left inter in a bad way, gained lots of weight, rumored with scadals concerning prostitutes, etc... But still he is on another level.
Henry can stay with the gooners for the rest of his lives if he wants to. A class player thats for sure, but certainly not as world class as Ronaldo.

Gismo: Ronaldo isnt the same player he was back when he moved to Inter from Barca. The old Ronaldo could have entered the 100 m. race and won it while running with the ball.
But Ronaldo is Ronaldo, you can never write off such a player or under estimate him. Adriano for sure can be our Ronaldo, but still has a long way to prove it, and i am positive about him being able to to.

Pravesh
26 Jul 04, 14:56
Gismo: Ronaldo isnt the same player he was back when he moved to Inter from Barca. The old Ronaldo could have entered the 100 m. race and won it while running with the ball.
But Ronaldo is Ronaldo, you can never write off such a player or under estimate him. Adriano for sure can be our Ronaldo, but still has a long way to prove it, and i am positive about him being able to to.

Agree with Sheriff except for that 100m race thing :D . I too hate Ronaldo, but I would be lying if I would say Ronaldo is that bad. sadly, he's still a very good striker.

:)

Gismo
26 Jul 04, 14:58
No offense, Sheriff. :) But youīre blindfolded. ;) He canīt dribble and when he tries he screws up. He misses too many chances and he never creates anything. So basically you are left with a bomber with a too low scoring rate and speed of lightning which he for some reason canīt exploit at all.

In other words. He is not even near his Barca form.

Pravesh: He is still a good player. Just not half the Phenomenon he used to be that enchanted the planet. Iīd say he is better than Kluivert but worse than Morientes.

Marco The Butcher
26 Jul 04, 15:40
Iīd say he is better than Kluivert but worse than Morientes.

I will refuse to continue this debate. You know, thinking of the name "Morientes" while talking about Ronaldo is not just a crime; it is a kdjhkjhfjdskhdasgiarutirlsa

Pravesh
26 Jul 04, 15:44
Iīd say he is better than Kluivert but worse than Morientes.

I will refuse to continue this debate.

Me too :D

;)

Frisko
26 Jul 04, 15:47
Henry better than Ronaldo.. You gotta be kidding me.. Ronaldo was the best player in the world at a time Henry was in the shadows of Monaco. Ronaldo yes is a traitor, left inter in a bad way, gained lots of weight, rumored with scadals concerning prostitutes, etc... But still he is on another level.
Henry can stay with the gooners for the rest of his lives if he wants to. A class player thats for sure, but certainly not as world class as Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is world class yes, today as in the past. I laugh too when they compare him to Morientes.

However I don't agree about Henry. In my opinion Henry is the best in the world. He's such a complete player: great tecnique, fast, good with free kicks, he's just amazing. When he got rid of Javier Zanetti at the S Siro in the CL clash and went on to score, I just thought: Oh my God, Capitano couldn't stop him! Call the police!

P.S. Marco the Butcher I see you're trying to keep up with my posts hehe :D

Marco The Butcher
26 Jul 04, 15:53
Frisko, Henry is class. But unable to be consistent with France over in big games and not so much success in the champions league should make u think again about him.
Henry though has a very big bad feature which is not giving his all when he is not in a good mood. This is known for all the ppl who watch Arsenal or the premier league. He raises his shoulders and look down and never fight when he is having a bad day. You dont expect this from a top striker like these.

I guess i am equal to ur posts now.

Frisko
26 Jul 04, 15:57
Frisko, Henry is class. But unable to be consistent with France over in big games and not so much success in the champions league should make u think again about him.
Henry though has a very big bad feature which is not giving his all when he is not in a good mood. This is known for all the ppl who watch Arsenal or the premier league. He raises his shoulders and look down and never fight when he is having a bad day. You dont expect this from a top striker like these.

I guess i am equal to ur posts now.

Well I didn't say he's perfect Marco. But he's GREAT. And he scores TONS of goals for Arsenal. Every year. I'd rather play against 10 Del Piero or 20 Trezeguet than 1 Henry.

Marco The Butcher
26 Jul 04, 16:31
Why compare 2 of the most over-rated players with Henry.????

But no problem i get your point ;)

Frisko
26 Jul 04, 16:39
Why compare 2 of the most over-rated players with Henry.????

But no problem i get your point ;)

Lol Marco you only wanted to get one more post hehe

Marco The Butcher
26 Jul 04, 16:51
Haha, nah i aint that desperate :stuckup:

Pani
26 Jul 04, 20:30
Recoba is one of our best players IMO!!!

He can play as left winger,midfielder,striker!We need him!!

SB9Dragon
26 Jul 04, 20:55
Ronaldo has lost weight and looks like his old self (saw him in the Benfica vs. Real game on Sunday)

Though I seriously can't believe someone said that Trezeguet is better than Ronaldo. Thats just ridiculous :P

Pani
26 Jul 04, 20:58
Trezeguet is the worst striker all over the world!!

He is so over-rated!!

I can't believe that Moratti wanted him so much!!!

SB9Dragon
26 Jul 04, 21:00
I don't think he did. If he really did he would have probably been here by now.

Just imagine if Moratti had accepted that deal back in 2001. Trezeguet and cash for Vieri? I shudder when I think about it. :eek: :D

Pani
26 Jul 04, 21:03
Just imagine if Moratti had accepted that deal back in 2001. Trezeguet and cash for Vieri? I shudder when I think about it.

Only Moratti could do this!!! :D :D :D

internausicaa
30 Jul 04, 09:24
:fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero:

cool_cuchu
30 Jul 04, 10:29
firstly this recoba thread :D :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

secondly, Ronaldo is not as strong and fast as before..., the final of 1998 really ruined him.. I saw him scared of defenders and protect himself more after that...

thirdly, adriano is not as fast as ronaldo when he's with the ball... I don't think adriano will be as fast as ronaldo was, or will be as good as ronaldo when he comes to dribbling the ball..

but few distinctive quality of adriano over ronaldo are:

1. adriano is much stronger than ronaldo,
u saw ronaldo suffer during his season in italy, everytime defenders tackled him from behind.. He wasn't so injury proned until the moment his knee was damaged... but ronaldo was miserable in serie a..

adriano on contrary is so strong, he's tall and huge.. he looked even stronger than vieri... You must see him bashed the defenders by his dribbling and overpower the defenders when they try to tackle him...

2. Adriano works harder...,
when u have ronaldo, u see a player that looks slow for 80 minutes of the game, and punishes you for the 10 minutes of the game with some goals.. This sow how amazing this guy was... but for the 90 minutes, he was not really in the team... The other player has to work harder... And this situation certainly sucks when you are in serie a. When the other team defenders don't make mistakes in guarding ronaldo, ronaldo is useless and the team looks like playing with 10 men the whole game..

3. Adriano sets more goal than ronaldo,
adriano can work from the middle, he also sets more goals... as a central forward, he gots to be selfish in the box.. but outside the box, this guy can set..

4. Adriano do heading..
Ronaldo simply doesn't he must have scored less than 5 goals with his head...

Adriano needs to work on his skills and scores more goals to get the acknowlegment from the world... Vieri has done it and ronaldo has done it..

Hmm but this is recoba's thread.. huh?

let me say few things about recoba...,
recoba remains one of the most talented player in the world,
if he can't make it this season, I think he will become another dalmat or concenciao... a damaged player from inter..

Miki
30 Jul 04, 10:57
Trezeguet has lost a lot of the touch he displayed a few seasons back. I've always held him in high regard, but i've stopped ever since. Trezeguet has an excellent response to any ball within his area, and can be very lethal indeed. However, he has been very sluggish in the last couple of seasons, and it could very well be due to the general feeling in Juventus more than anything else. I am sure a change in clubs could very well be the key to unlocking the old Trezeguet.

Still, i wouldn't have traded Trezeguet for Vieri, not even now. The latter is by far a more potent striker than the Frenchman.

Ciao,
Tim

cool_cuchu
30 Jul 04, 11:10
Trezeguet has lost a lot of the touch he displayed a few seasons back. I've always held him in high regard, but i've stopped ever since. Trezeguet has an excellent response to any ball within his area, and can be very lethal indeed. However, he has been very sluggish in the last couple of seasons, and it could very well be due to the general feeling in Juventus more than anything else. I am sure a change in clubs could very well be the key to unlocking the old Trezeguet.

Still, i wouldn't have traded Trezeguet for Vieri, not even now. The latter is by far a more potent striker than the Frenchman.

Ciao,
Tim

Even Vieri said once that Trez was a powerful striker, even when Vieri was Trez's age.. Trez is more powerful..

So I would say Trez is one of the best strikers in the world...

Frisko
30 Jul 04, 12:51
Trezeguet is a player similar to Pippo Inzaghi, lots of tap-ins and headers, rarely quality.

I'm very happy that Inter has strikers with much more quality in their play.

The last good goal I saw by Trezeguet was in the Euro 2000 final.

El_Chino
30 Jul 04, 21:28
Sorry to change the topic back to Recoba, but here are my opinions on him. I believe he will do VERY well this year in a combination with Adriano, and he has a coach who believes in him in Mancini and will hopefully find his best position.

You cannot deny any of Recoba's strengths when he is on form-

-Perhaps the most cultured left foot in the world, he can score WONDERFUL goals from open play anywhere from 40 yards inwards (once from the halfway line) to the 6 yard box.

-His set piece delivery is EXCEPTIONAL, he should almost be in the side just for his free kicks they are THAT good, and very consistent. In my opinion the best bar none at free kicks is none other than EL Chino, maybe Beckham matches him, but nobody with a left foot is at good at them.

-His all round game is also very good he has very good feet, he is surprisingly very fast, he has great vision and a range of passing to match, he can cross very well and he is pretty versatile. He can do a good job on the wing and even gives his fullback a bit of cover, something Cuper made him do, although I think he is wasted out on the left.

He also has some well known weaknesses of course-

-He is injury prone

-He is also inconsistent

-He can't head the ball only scored one header ever for Inter.

Considering all that he really should be thought of as one of the best players in the world by now. If he does well this season he will go down an Inter legend, but if he doesn't, he will be a failure really.

SB9Dragon
30 Jul 04, 21:29
Yopi do you mean to say that Trezeguet is one of the best strikes in the world now? Thats ridiculous. Inter alone has 4 strikers that are better than Trezeguet.

Sure in the past he may have been a good player but certainly not now.

Marco The Butcher
31 Jul 04, 18:15
I am sure a change in clubs could very well be the key to unlocking the old Trezeguet.

You got that right Tim. I always felt that. He needs a new challenge and it looks like he is getting bored now and instead of saying "Juve must sign a striker that can be able to score 20 goals a season like me." he should have said: " I must see if i will score 20 goals in another league and that is why i want a new challenge."

Jesse
03 Aug 04, 05:39
To answer the question originally posed on this post, we still have Recoba because when he is in the right mindset, he is brilliant regarding set pieces and just scoring goals (Remember the time he scored a minute after he came on last season?).

cool_cuchu
03 Aug 04, 06:19
Yopi do you mean to say that Trezeguet is one of the best strikes in the world now? Thats ridiculous. Inter al one has 4 strikers that are better than Trezeguet.

make the list (of the best strikers) a bit longer, than he'll be in...
I would say adriano is better than trez..., recoba is on par (they both sucked last season, statistically trez is better ).. I also rate vieri above him..

but on martin and recoba...? martins is too young to compare (he's still not our #1 pickup) and recoba is statically worse than trez... recoba still needs to prove himself

I just retell you what vieri said on trez....

if i make the best strikers list, I will say adriano is #1,

Frisko
03 Aug 04, 07:41
Yopi do you mean to say that Trezeguet is one of the best strikes in the world now? Thats ridiculous. Inter al one has 4 strikers that are better than Trezeguet.

make the list (of the best strikers) a bit longer, than he'll be in...
I would say adriano is better than trez..., recoba is on par (they both sucked last season, statistically trez is better ).. I also rate vieri above him..

but on martin and recoba...? martins is too young to compare (he's still not our #1 pickup) and recoba is statically worse than trez... recoba still needs to prove himself

I just retell you what vieri said on trez....

if i make the best strikers list, I will say adriano is #1,

For crying out loud, Trezeguet is a carbon copy of Pippo Inzaghi! He's another tap-in master! Oba kicks his ass, he's got pace and tecnique and he's becoming a better team player as well.

The best striker in the world is still Henry at the moment I think, but Adriano's coming...

SB9Dragon
03 Aug 04, 14:39
I totally agree with you Frisko. Trezeguet isn't that great a striker. Sure he can score tons of goals but he's like Inzaghi and RvN. They score most of their goals inside the GK box or a few yards away fromt he goal. They don't take on players, beat them on the dribble and score aweseome goals. The best striker list would have to be ridiculously long to have Trezeguet in it. Maybe top 50 with him being in the 40s or something.

Though as good as Adriano is, he isn't the best striker. Thierry Henry undoubtably holds that title. I would say perhaps Adriano is in the top 5.

CafeCordoba
03 Aug 04, 14:53
Though as good as Adriano is, he isn't the best striker. Thierry Henry undoubtably holds that title. I would say perhaps Adriano is in the top 5.

I said this already here but I'll repeat myself. Henry and Shevchenko are the best strikers and right after them come Ronaldo and Adriano. Maybe Van Nistelrooy too, he can assist and set up goals himself at least a bit though he scores most of his goals within 5 metres.

So in my opinion these are top 5 strikers in the world right now.

Frisko
03 Aug 04, 16:20

I said this already here but I'll repeat myself. Henry and Shevchenko are the best strikers and right after them come Ronaldo and Adriano. Maybe Van Nistelrooy too, he can assist and set up goals himself at least a bit though he scores most of his goals within 5 metres.

Great list Cafe, I definetly agree with your top 5.

Thug_Paco
03 Aug 04, 16:37

I dont agree fully cause i feel henry is the best at the moment, and Adriano comes after that so before shevchenko. If you compare these 2 players you can see Adriano is way more technical,skillful, and has got more speed the only thing in what sheva wins over Adri is heading and for finishing i would give Adriano the edge. Adriano will very shortly be the best in the world as he has got al the potential. And he is about 5 years younger than sheva

cool_cuchu
04 Aug 04, 12:42
well, a striker scores a lot of goal is a sign of how good he is...

and if trez is not in the top ten, then I will be very happy.... coz less great players for la vechia puttana (??) is always a good thing

Mikkel
04 Aug 04, 19:35

I don't think that Shevchenko is the second best striker in the world....Yes he had a weary good season, but that doesn't make him the second best. In my opinion Adriano and Ronaldo is better then Sheva. And abaut Henry he is not mutch better the Adriano and Ronaldo, he played weary bad at the European Championships. and had only one good game in Champions League this season. Actualy Henry only plays good in the EPL.

Frisko
04 Aug 04, 20:28
I don't think that Shevchenko is the second best striker in the world....Yes he had a weary good season, but that doesn't make him the second best. In my opinion Adriano and Ronaldo is better then Sheva. And abaut Henry he is not mutch better the Adriano and Ronaldo, he played weary bad at the European Championships. and had only one good game in Champions League this season. Actualy Henry only plays good in the EPL.

Gosh mate you just CAN'T argue about Thierry Henry. He's the best because he's got absolutely EVERTYTHING: pace, superb technique, absolute control of the ball even when running at great speed, free kicks...

He played bad with France but they just played badly as a team... they were finished after France 98...

SB9Dragon
04 Aug 04, 20:44
I also don't agree that Shevchenko is the 2nd best striker in the world. He hasn't proven it as much as Ronaldo has for his NT. IMO Ronaldo is better than him and a better all around striker as well.

Mikkel
04 Aug 04, 20:51
I did not say that he was bad..Just that he haven't played weary well outside England. Yes he can almoste everything(he is not that strong in the air) at the moment he is the best...but he defently have a problem when it comes to the Champions League. He simply do not score the goals that you could expect from him. And Arsenal is not a bad team. if you look at the other top strikers they do, but not Henry. Actualy strikers who dos not have his talent score more goals in that compation.

Frisko
04 Aug 04, 21:04
I did not say that he was bad..Just that he haven't played weary well outside England. Yes he can almoste everything(he is not that strong in the air) at the moment he is the best...but he defently have a problem when it comes to the Champions League. He simply do not score the goals that you could expect from him. And Arsenal is not a bad team. if you look at the other top strikers they do, but not Henry. Actualy strikers who dos not have his talent score more goals in that compation.

He scored very good goals in the CL against a certain team at the S Siro :mad:

He got rid of Javier Zanetti for crying out loud, that's like the ultimate achievement.

He scored a treble in Rome against Roma 2 years ago.