PDA

View Full Version : Van Der Meyde

Gismo
30 Mar 04, 19:04
BRANCA ON VAN DER MEYDE

Tuesday, 30 March 2004 18:56:48
MILAN - (ANSA) - Totti in Milan to meet Massimo Moratti? "I wasn't there, in the sense that I don't know anything." Inter technical director Marco Branca spoke about rumours of Francesco Totti joining the Nerazzurri as "something which is reported every year", but maintains that also on this occasion there's no truth in the rumour, and for a simple reason. "In the current situation of Italian football such a transfer coup is not possible. I think it would be very difficult to buy Totti. This is my personal opinion, but this is how I think things stand."

To tell the truth, Inter are one of the few clubs in Italy and abroad that would be able to afford to buy Totti, and Branca recently said that "an important player" would come to Milan. "I was referring to the fact that from the transfer market we will take what we can and what we need."

Besides the rumours about Totti, the Nerazzurri environment was also animated by the words of Andy van der Meyde, who from Holland said he would "prefer to play in a Mickey Mouse championship rather than stay on the bench at Inter". Branca played down the Dutchman's declarations and explained that no disciplinary measures will be taken.

"It's a strange year for everybody, him included," explained Branca. "As a club we are aware of this situation and we're also aware of the strength of van der Meyde, a player we're counting on for the future. So what he said in Holland isn't very important."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT?!?!?!?!?! I don´t know what to think about this... Maybe Branca is right... But my spontaneous reaction is this:

We don´t need a player with no dedication... He should be shown the door! It is a waste of talent for VDM to stay!

Ziyad
30 Mar 04, 20:09
Could the fact that nothing is going to be done to VDM by Inter means that they understand comletley what he is going through or is it because they see that there will be some kind of change :confused:

Jimmy
30 Mar 04, 20:38
It´s just obvious that he would eventually complain. That´s what you get when you appoint a coach who refuse to use our better players and prefer Helveg.

SB9Dragon
30 Mar 04, 21:35
Its BS that Helveg is getting starts over Van der Meyde though the prob is our formation. Its not made for a winger like Van der Meyde. If we use the 3-4-3 then Van der Meyde can play upfront but he isn't really the type that can play a RW/B.

Hopefully he will get more playing time at Helveg's expense :star:

Hammoudi
30 Mar 04, 21:48
Inter's disciplinary record is weird. First Toldo gets fined for saying the truth, then Vieri says he will pin Crespo's traders to the wall and gets nothing. It could go either way but i prefer him being fined to show an example to future disgruntlers.

Gismo
31 Mar 04, 16:03
It´s just obvious that he would eventually complain. That´s what you get when you appoint a coach who refuse to use our better players and prefer Helveg.
You want VDM as RWB/RM or RWB/LM?? :D

VDM hasn´t been used much because Zac has often opted for Cruz and Recoba... + He has had injury/fitness problems...

After doing some serious thinking I´ve just come to the conclusion that either VDM accepts that he has to fight for his place in the team by fighting for his colours when he gets the chance and impressing Zac or he can go back to Ajax and play regularly there. His call...

As always we don´t get much wiser by these official statements. But if Branca´s attitude to Van Der Meyde is the official Inter attitude I think we might have made a mistake. However Inter might prove me wrong and Van der Meyde will be a key player in a Scudetto victory...

Inter's disciplinary record is weird. First Toldo gets fined for saying the truth, then Vieri says he will pin Crespo's traders to the wall and gets nothing. It could go either way but i prefer him being fined to show an example to future disgruntlers.
I agree.

MoH
31 Mar 04, 16:22
I think you getting it wrong Gismo, he accepts the competition but can’t understand why he is always substituted. :confused:

Gismo
31 Mar 04, 16:34
I think you getting it wrong Gismo, he accepts the competition but can’t understand why he is always substituted. :confused:
No. I remember when he complained about that substitute and went straight to bath. I expected him to get a fine for that one too. And what happened? Nothing...

Jimmy
31 Mar 04, 16:42
Doesn´t take a genius to realise that me mentioning Helveg wasn´t pointing on that I wanted him to play his positition. ;)

There are other formations we can use to fit in our better players at. Not a formation where we use players such as Helveg.

Gismo
31 Mar 04, 17:01
Even if we played 4-4-2 it wouldn´t make any difference to me. To me it is an attitude problem.

Let´s say hypothetically Zac fielded this team and you got to decide the "???" who would you pick if you had the whole team available?

Toldo

Cordoba - Materazzi - Cannavaro

J. Zanetti - Stankovic - Emre - Kily

??? ??? ???

Doesn´t take a genius to realise that me mentioning Helveg wasn´t pointing on that I wanted him to play his positition. ;)
That was supposed to be a joke... :D:D:D

Interforeva
31 Mar 04, 20:05
When it comes to VDM I do feel a bit sorry for him. He seems a good player yet Zac either doesn’t rate him or just cant fit him in his system. He has suffered from the Zac situation, Mickey Mouse thing made me laugh, I hope he stays but at the mo I can’t see anything changin under Zac. How VDM must long for Cuper or anyone else. Unfortunately for VDM this often happens with new managers.

Ziyad
01 Apr 04, 05:33
It seems this is the lashing out week as Saha criticized VNistelrooy(The nerve on him) and Robert criticized the french coach for not including him while he inbcludes less talent like Cheyrou...To tell u the truth Robert is having an excellent season and should be in that squad or there is something really wrong...So its not just our VDM.

kev32
01 Apr 04, 12:33
He is a great player.
Just let him play more.
He can do great things for Inter if he gets his chance.
He can become one off the star s off the team !

HE is young and talented

Ziyad
01 Apr 04, 16:42
I think CZ comments on VDM were really wise and to the point...The thing is if Zac stays he has to be able to use the best players in a formation that should come first and not the formation before the best available players...He should be able to play 4-4-2 sometimes more effectively and or at least keep a player of VDM's talent somewhat happy in his own formation...

Handoyo
02 Apr 04, 09:40
If I'm a coach, I'd rather risk having an I-can't-defend Van Der Meyde as the right wing-back of my team rather than having He-can't-do-a-d@mn-thing-lveg. Well, other than the RWB position, IMO Van Der Meyde is much better than Cruz if he's used as the support striker. He's been performing well but isn't getting play time, that's the biggest problem. I certainly won't crictisize his attitude.

Hand;)yo

Stefan
02 Apr 04, 18:08
The problem here isn't andy is that dumb coach who can't adapt and field his best players. Unless ZAC leaves(please let it be soo) andy will go.

Ziyad
02 Apr 04, 19:38
I am not so sure about Zac's departure and its consequences but i am sure that Andy's departure will be a disaster....I really hope h stays and is used more.

Pravesh
03 Apr 04, 00:19
Zach should be sacked !!

I hope that inter management tells him that the coach will not be a problem next season (which wud mean that we wud have a new good coach) :D .... That way he might happily stay with us and ofcourse if he gets to play....

:)

Tommi
03 Apr 04, 07:10
Even if we would sign Capello, i doubt Van Der Meyde would be a regular. It´s not that he suck or something, but we just have better players.

Stefan
03 Apr 04, 08:20
Even if we would sign Capello, i doubt Van Der Meyde would be a regular. It´s not that he suck or something, but we just have better players.

You mean helveg is better than andy? :D Capello would defenitly have found a formation to include andy instead of that dead weight of helveg.

the Prophet
09 Apr 04, 22:00
Inter seems to have the highest Nasdaq-factor of all topteams in Europe; I mean, everyday another choice/star/system/value makes one-day-pony's of respectable players, that's what happens at Inter and that makes VDM tired, rightly so...!!!!

forzainter23
24 Jul 04, 22:02
VAn Der Meyde is a great player who is hopefully the future of Inter! :D
Do you guys think he'll stay with Inter Next season ?
:confused:

Gismo
24 Jul 04, 22:16
Yes. Since Mancini said so. ;)

SB9Dragon
25 Jul 04, 04:46
I definately think VDM will stay since he is the only true RW on the team. Also he had probs with Zac, but since Zac has gone and Mancini has come he now has a new chance to show what he can really do.

Gaetan
25 Jul 04, 05:16
Don't mean to break the optimistic feeling about Van der Meyde in here, but i don't think he'll be in our first team. He'll be the first option of the bench for the right wing position, who i think will be occupied by Stankovic since Veron and Davids will be our central midfielders.

Van der Meyde is a good player and has been treated unfairly by Zac, now that we have Mancini he can come to good terms with him and perhaps he'll have a run in the team sometime during the season. But as of right now, he's a bench player and nothing more.

Am i the only one who thinks he was horrible in the Euro? his decision making was not the best and he took way too long to burn past the left backs and send in a cross. Perhaps it's because Arjen Robben was playing so well, but his performances left alot to be desired IMO.

Johnny Ludlow
25 Jul 04, 09:29
Sadly Van der Meyde was the weakest link in Hollands initial starting lineup, even so that Overmars had to play out of position in the right against Portugal, and I agree with that; he had to be benched. It seems to me he lost all his confidence during last season. Getting his confidence back in a team like Inter and in a league like Serie A is'nt exactly an easy task. Knowing Inter, If he does'nt shine this year, it's bye bye Andy.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think he will not make it in Inter.

Gismo
25 Jul 04, 12:11
Don't mean to break the optimistic feeling about Van der Meyde in here, but i don't think he'll be in our first team. He'll be the first option of the bench for the right wing position, who i think will be occupied by Stankovic since Veron and Davids will be our central midfielders.

Van der Meyde is a good player and has been treated unfairly by Zac, now that we have Mancini he can come to good terms with him and perhaps he'll have a run in the team sometime during the season. But as of right now, he's a bench player and nothing more.

Am i the only one who thinks he was horrible in the Euro? his decision making was not the best and he took way too long to burn past the left backs and send in a cross. Perhaps it's because Arjen Robben was playing so well, but his performances left alot to be desired IMO.
True he will probably be second choice after Deki. At least I hope so.

Treated unfair by Zac??? :wth: Sure he played badly so he should receive a medal and a place in the lineup! :rolleyes::rollani: He got his chance and he blew it. Let´s hope he does better this season. If he fails yet again I will loose my patience in him.

And I agree he was bad in Euro 2004. But he wasn´t the worst IMO.

Javier Zanetti
25 Jul 04, 12:14
The worst player of the euro 2004 is easily Tudor .

Anyway VdM doesn't deserve first team for being such a spoiled child instead of fighting for his place , I'll allow myself to think it was only because he didn't like Zac and his training sessions and it'll be better with Mancini .

Sorry VdM fans , hope he does better next season , although I think he was brilliant in the start of the season .

SB9Dragon
25 Jul 04, 15:41
Yeah, Tudor reallly sucked :P

Anywayz hopefully VDM comes to play this season and fights for a spot on the team because this guy is talented.

Gismo
25 Jul 04, 15:57
Cheers!

Giorgio
25 Jul 04, 16:09
If we're going to be criticising players for having a really poor Euro 2004 then we have to include Vieri as one of the worst.

I didn't think VDM was the worst at all. I would say he underachieved and didn't play to his potential, but he wasn't shambolic.

Gismo
25 Jul 04, 16:17
Sure. Vieri failed as well. :)

Pani
15 Sep 04, 05:39
Well,I watched Werder game highlights and I think VDM was quite good!(Of course hw doesn't know the meaning of the word defense).

I think he could start as right midfielder!What do you think?

cool_cuchu
15 Sep 04, 05:59
I think we need to see VDM in harder game, there's no doubt that he is a starting material, we just need to improve his consistency..

to me he is a starting material...

but, VDM is a choice for Mancini.., we also have ze maria which is pretty reliable as a right winger... and having better defensive skill...

so, if our opponent needs to be faced with more defensive attitude on the right, then ze maria is the man...., otherwise VDM is the guy...

Frisko
15 Sep 04, 08:33
He was great yesterday. He must be much more confident now, that could be a turn around for him. I hope so.

Handoyo
15 Sep 04, 09:55
Guys, you need to check if there are similar topics that have already been made or not before opening a new one. There is already a VDM topic, albeit a quite old one. I'm gonna let it slide this time though. Just please screen through the forum and made a very fast check. :) I mean, there's no need to make 2/3 topics with the same name and discussing about the same playes, isn't it? :D

Hand;)yo

SB9Dragon
15 Sep 04, 21:53
Andy was really impressive against Bremen. If he stays on such form then Mancini will definately have one hell of a problem on his hands. Though it sure is a great problem :P

Thank goodness Mancini came in, if not we could have lost AVM and we would only be seeing him play like this for some other squad...

cool_cuchu
16 Sep 04, 02:55
Andy was really impressive against Bremen. If he stays on such form then Mancini will definately have one hell of a problem on his hands. Though it sure is a great problem :P

Thank goodness Mancini came in, if not we could have lost AVM and we would only be seeing him play like this for some other squad...

that kind od things happend so many times with inter, and they sucked each time....

this is one of the most + aspects of mancio, he 'resurrect' many players...

we should call him 'the ressurector' after we win one big title this season..

interafei
16 Sep 04, 09:39
i think the coach should give him more chances,then VDM can show his talent to soccer,we have to admit that Zacc is great coach,but VDM was not suit for his tactics ,so during this era ,he lived a hard life and wanted to return to Ajax,luckily,Mancini becomes the new coach.we can see the highlights of this match.

go ,VDM!!!!!!!!

Pod
16 Sep 04, 13:18
It's just one game.Let's see what will happends in the future.

Gismo
16 Sep 04, 13:35
i think the coach should give him more chances,then VDM can show his talent to soccer,we have to admit that Zacc is great coach,but VDM was not suit for his tactics ,so during this era ,he lived a hard life and wanted to return to Ajax
Exactly.

Gaetan
16 Sep 04, 14:03
With Mancio as our coach, we just may see Van der Meyde finally given a chance to show us that he belongs in the starting line-up. Right now, it seems that the only right winger that he's battling with for a position is Ze Maria.

It's very early, and of course it's just one game - but at this rate I'll take any positives from Inter. It was very nice to see Andy performing well, especially after watching his atrocious performances in the Euro's. Sometimes he takes way too long to make his move and he's much too slow on the ball IMO.

interafei
17 Sep 04, 15:27
of course ,it was just only a game,but we have a confitent that he can show his talents ,I believe in VDM,do you guys believe in him ?

I believe that VDM is a great wing.

scutzon
18 Sep 04, 08:45
I still think that Van der Meyde has bags of talent. It will a difficult decision for Mancini to choose between him and Ze Maria, who have both done well. But I would like Van der Meyde to play against Palermo, since they are a weak side, and VDM will have the chance to attack.

Miki
18 Sep 04, 09:00
Obviously one season cannot be the be-all-end-all verdict for a player of Van der Meyde's calibre. Last season went wrong for Inter on many fronts and VDM was one of the victims of an upside-down season. Judging from the reports and comments on FI, VDM seems to have had a good game against Werder Bremen. Ultimately, this can only be good for Inter, as we have yet another player to utilize.

Van der Meyde should definitely be used more often, to see if his string of form continues. If it does, then all's good, isn't it? :)

Ciao,
Tim

Ziyad
18 Sep 04, 10:00
I think that VDM's pride was hurt and he rose to the challenge instead of escaping from it,i really respect him for that and i was one of the ones that always wanted him here i just hope he continues to improve...

Gismo
18 Sep 04, 10:36
Certainly Tim, I agree. And I think he´s doing better now because of two factors: Mancini and VDM´s view of him. Nice to see he dropped his bad attitude off the pitch and decided to show his enormous potential on the pitch. Let´s hope this good form continues... Because if it will Inter just got stronger.

Pani
22 Sep 04, 20:57
Andy is getting better and better!!!!

Fabio
22 Sep 04, 21:48
Yep,more improvement and a first assist this season!

Fabio :)

Ziyad
25 Sep 04, 11:23
I am sure VDM will be one of the bright stars of this season and he will bust his butt of for Mancini..He has been on other side of the former coach and doesnt like it,i dont think he wents to be there again..

Gaetan
25 Sep 04, 11:27
You can't really blame Zac much, it isn't like he handled the transfer market and had his choice to buy what he players he wanted. He was brought in for Cuper relatively early on in the season and just didn't rate Van der Meyde, we can think that he's crazy for not using Andy but the simple fact is when you think about it atleast his reason was valid.

Van der Meyde's mentality has changed. With the coaches trust, he's been able to go out to the field confident of himself and knowing that his place is safe at Inter. He feels much more comfortable and secure around Mancio, that makes a world of a difference for a football player.

Gismo
25 Sep 04, 13:24
Cheers to that, Gaetan! ;)

Frisko
25 Sep 04, 19:25
Of course you can blame him. He should have adapted his game to the players he had, not the other way around.

Ziyad
25 Sep 04, 19:40
Of course you can blame him. He should have adapted his game to the players he had, not the other way around.
Exactly...especially in the situtiation he came in. Zac did great for us IMO if it wasnt for those tough times in the middle ,the team looked good under him and challenged the big teams. However VDM and Kily and maybe Canna had alot to adjust to under him among other players.. he could have gotten more out of many players i think.

SB9Dragon
25 Sep 04, 20:03
I also agree Ziyad. You've said everything that I would have said myself so I have nothing to add :D

Interforeva
26 Sep 04, 08:26
I am so glad VDM is finally getting a chance to show everyone what he can do. The fact that he didn’t get used much under Zac always annoyed me, but VDM seems a lot happier now and it is showing in his performances.

Ziyad
26 Sep 04, 15:29
He had a beautiful behind the legs chip again today which landed perfectly for JZ i think in the box...Super stuff,looked better every time the director played it over :star:

Gaetan
26 Sep 04, 15:45
He had a beautiful behind the legs chip again today which landed perfectly for JZ i think in the box...Super stuff,looked better every time the director played it over :star:

That was an amazing move! you could sense he's got more confidence in what he's doing out there. He wasn't afraid to slow down the game and stick in a few stepovers, try to shake his defender or his usual little flick to the side to run around his defender.

All that's good, but you've got to be dissapointed with some of his crossing. On a good amount of his crosses they were either way too long or didn't get any air whatsoever. Andy has got some work to do.

Gismo
26 Sep 04, 15:59
Andy might play spectacular football. But if too many of his crosses are inaccurate I prefer Ze Maria over him. :stuckup:

Ziyad
26 Sep 04, 20:28
I think he has the harder talent to come by...I truly think that crossing is easier to do than getting through the way he does...So if he works on it he should be fine..I agree that most of his last touches(crosses)didnt look as accurate as we might them to be..But he did have that nice assisst in this game and the previous one...I think he doesnt cross well because he does it soo fast as if his main concern is to get the ball out before the defender gets him so that way the quality suffers...Maybe if he took just a little bit more time and looked up more he would cross better...Just opinion.

Gismo
26 Sep 04, 20:33
Well I agree. ;) I just don´t think VDM will improve this aspect of his game...

Mikkel
27 Sep 04, 10:20
Yep he is very promising...but he still needs some improvment in his game...and he have to learn to go back when the other teams get the ball..but he is still very young and I think he will get a very promising futer here at Inter

Ziyad
21 Apr 05, 17:33
Another interesting interview just when VDM joined us...Notice what was said about his crosses.
======================================
A winger and a prayer

With you, Luciano and Kily Gonzalez in the ranks, Inter look ready to challenge for Lo Scudetto.
We can’t be over-enthusiastic. It pleases me to hear all these compliments, but the season has only just begun.
What are your first impressions of the club?
I see a lot of enthusiasm within the squad. I have realised quickly that the lack of width was the club’s weak point last year. I hope I can resolve part of that problem and propel Inter that little bit further.
Christian Vieri said that your crosses are a Godsend.
It’s easy to cross for Vieri. All I have to do is put a good ball into the box and he will score.
Is there a difference from the way you played in Holland to the way Hector Cuper has asked you to play for Inter?
There is a great deal of difference. In Holland you train with a football immediately. In Italy there is much more attention placed on physical preparation. I understand now why Italian teams are always so difficult to beat on a physical level. I will also have to track back a lot more than at Ajax. There, I was expected to cover 20 metres. Here I have to assist the full-back and will be covering 60 metres. Without the right kind of preparation I wouldn’t be able to do it.
What do you think of Cuper?
He is always very prepared but he manages to transmit a sense of calm. Although I have been struggling to talk to him because of the language barrier. He doesn’t know English and my Italian isn’t that good yet, not to mention my Spanish. Marco Materazzi and Thomas Helveg are my translators on the field, but I have already started my Italian lessons so hopefully it won’t be too long before I can speak for myself.
Massimo Moratti has said that you have really impressed him for the quality you possess at such a young age.
It is a nice compliment to receive. But Moratti is a real gentleman and a good person. His relationship with the squad really surprised me. He is a true Inter fan.
What are the general differences between Italian and Dutch football?
It’s still early to tell. But in Holland you are left a lot more space to run into. Here, unless you have the necessary technical and tactical quality, you will not get past the opposing player. I have seen how some of the big Italian teams tend to struggle against the smaller teams because they can’t break down the defences. The small teams just close down all the spaces and occasionally score on the counterattack. In Holland the stronger team always wins by three or four goals.
Do you play better on the left or right?
There is not much difference, only that I cross better from the right. On the left I tend to dribble inwards and have a strike on goal, like I did against Roma in last season’s Champions’ League.
For those who don’t know you, what sort of player are you?
I know how to run with the ball and create disarray in the opponents half. I like to attack with speed, even if I’m not the fastest player on the planet, and run at defenders.
In what ways do you think you could improve as a player?
In the last two years I have got better with my left foot, but there is still room for improvement.
What do you think of Kily Gonzalez?
He is a great buy for us because he has pure quality and is a very direct player. He will prove very dangerous for the opposition.
You are used to winning titles. Inter haven’t won anything for a while.
Since I arrived all I’ve heard is that Inter will never win Lo Scudetto. It is becoming an obsession but I understand the people’s frustration. It is certainly a mystery as to why a great club like Inter hasn’t won the title for so long. There are many factors involved in winning the title or the Champions’ League, but I think that Inter has all the ingredients to be a successful club.
There were more guarantees of winning titles with Ajax.
Ajax was an important stage of my development. As it was for Chivu and Rafael Van der Vaart - who was the real phenomenon at the club and will surely move to Italy or Spain in the near future. Ajax helped me develop my potential and completed me as a player, as it has done for so many others. However, the philosophy at the club has always been one of development with an eye to sell. That is why I moved to Inter. It was the next stage of my development as a footballer and I have a real chance of winning important trophies with this club.
Normally the Dutch all go to Spain to play for Barcelona.
That all began with Johan Cruyff. The older generation all remember him as a player at Barca, while the youngsters recall his coaching days. I know him only by his fame. I was only very young when he quit coaching for health reasons and I didn’t really understand the tactical side of the game at that age. Now I realise that you don’t always win by playing well or vice versa. Cruyff managed to combine the two.
What do you think of Frank Rijkaard’s appointment as Barcelona Coach?
We are all proud that Barcelona chose another Dutchman, after the successes of Cruyff and Louis Van Gaal, to return the club to greatness and get the public behind the team once again.
Would you have preferred to join the Barca revolution?
They were never interested in me. Inter had been after me for a while and it is always pleasing to know that you are the No 1 choice for a club of such stature. The transfer was quite drawn out, but there was never any danger that I wouldn’t make it to Milan.
As a winger do you have an idol?
When Ajax won the European Cup in 1995 Marc Overmars was one of the points of reference of the team. But later Boudewijn Zenden made a huge impression on me during his time at PSV Eindhoven.
Are there any other wingers in Holland that Italian teams should consider?
Arjen Robben. He is 19, but had an amazing season last year with PSV. The way he hugs the left side and isn’t afraid to attack and have a shot reminds me of Overmars.
Many Dutchman have appeared for Inter. The likes of Dennis Bergkamp, Wim Jonk and Aaron Winter all played at the San Siro for the Nerazzurri. Did any of them offer you advice?
Winter, who is like a big brother, told me that I had made the best decision of my life. He also told me to buy a house near Lake Como.
What do you think of the San Siro?
It is a beautiful stadium. I played here twice last season and it left a huge impression on me. When I used to watch Marco Van Basten play for Milan on television I always remember how huge the stadium looked. It has a great history behind it and now I get to play here week in week out.

Serb
25 Apr 05, 18:02
Van Der Mayde is quality.

chalon
13 Jun 05, 21:14
Ze Maria's crosses are simply amazing, something VDM can't do very well. And he helps in defense too.
So if A.Mancini is coming he's going to play as RW, and Ze Maria is going to be first option as backup (unless Capitano is injured, something that never happens) so what's the point of keeping VDM (and even Stankovic and Kara can play as RW in emergencies)..

He's young and he's not gonna play much here. We should use him in a deal to get another player we really need.

SB9Dragon
17 Jun 05, 20:01
If we are truly after Mancini, then we should sell VDM and not Karagounis. VDM has great potential and we've gotten some tastes of his quality, but we simply can't have him and Mancini. I'd reather us keep Karagounis who is a great fighter and a great player to boot.

minterke
19 Jun 05, 04:16
When it comes to pure skill:

Ze Maria > Andy Van Der Gol > Karagounis

When it comes to heart:

Karagounis = Ze Maria > Andy Van Der Gol

Sell Andy to the prem and we can get like 3 mil of him no?

chalon, who is La Brujita and Baby Face? :confused: :dielaugh:

lalombriz11
19 Jun 05, 04:44
"La brujita" is Veron, he is called like that because his father's nickname was "La Bruja"...

Interforeva
19 Jun 05, 13:21
Inter winger set to leave

Dutch international Andy van der Meyde admits he is expecting to leave Internazionale over the summer.

Van der Meyde has endured a troubled time in Milan and came close to exiting Giuseppe Meazza 12 months ago.

Everton failed with a bid for the winger, while Middlesbrough have also held a long-term interest in the former Ajax ace.

The wide man's agent told skysports.com last week that there had been no fresh offers for van der Meyde, who had been considering his future with Inter.

He now concedes he is due to quit the club before the start of next season after revealing he has been told he is not in Roberto Mancini's plans.

"They have told me I'm not in their plans and that, for me, there isn't space," said van der Meyde.

"They have also showed me a few solutions.

"Anyway nothing has been decided yet."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I guess this isn’t that much of a surprise as it was obvious that VDM did not feature in Mancini’s plans. I am sorry to see VDM go as I always thought he had great potential but just didn’t get enough chances to show what he can do under Zac or Mancini. Still it is definitely for the best that he moves on and I hope he does well wherever he ends up!

SB9Dragon
19 Jun 05, 14:59
I also knew he was done for with the club. Like I said b4, definately a shame. For some reason I think he could do really well with Barca or Arsenal. Perhaps we could use him to get Ashley Cole. That would be great.

intermilansg
25 Jun 05, 23:31
Monaco move for Inter winger
by Patrick Haond - created on 25 Jun 2005

Monaco have joined the hunt for Internazionale misfit Andy van der Meyde.

The Dutch international is expected to leave Giuseppe Meazza over the summer after learning he no longer figures in the plans of coach Roberto Mancini.

Van der Meyde has options across Europe, with Everton and Middlesbrough both rumoured to be keen to take the winger to The Premiership.

Benfica are also interested in the former Ajax ace but he is now poised to discuss a move to Ligue 1.

Reports claim that van der Meyde, along with his agent, will head to the Principality on Monday to meet Monaco officials.

Stade Louis II coach Didier Deschamps has already been active in the transfer market this summer and now wants to add van der Meyde to his ranks.

There have been suggestions Inter will allow van der Meyde to leave the club on a free transfer, despite the player having two years remaining on his contract.

That makes him an attractive proposition and Deschamps will be hoping he can persuade van der Meyde to head to France for next season.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=287402&cpid=24&CLID=&lid=8&title=Monaco+move+for+Inter+winger&channel=italy

Hammoudi
25 Jun 05, 23:46
There have been suggestions Inter will allow van der Meyde to leave the club on a free transfer, despite the player having two years remaining on his contract.

I don't believe this. He is 25, and an upcoming great winger that has many suitors. As much as we do blunders, we won't release him for free.

We can sell him and use the money to get Esposito.

Frisko
25 Jun 05, 23:48
Free transfer my ass.

Aussie Inter
26 Jun 05, 00:35
If we let VDM go for free i bet there will be a huge up roar amongst the fans.. We paid decent money for him and i believe we can recoup most of that money we paid for him.....Bring in Esposito

scutzon
26 Jun 05, 02:52
Letting VDM go for free would be very stupid indeed. He is good, although we don't really want him, or in fact, need him, and I'm sure Monaco will be willing to pay a decent sum for him.

Frisko
26 Jun 05, 12:21
Yahoo Sports reports that he could go to Monaco next week for about 5 million euros.

Tommi
26 Jun 05, 13:55
€5 millions? Isn´t that kinda low price as well as Emre´s price was.

Anyone remember´s how much did VDM cost to us when we bought him?

Stefan
26 Jun 05, 14:03

It was about 6 million euros if I remember correctly.

Frisko
26 Jun 05, 14:23

It was about 6 million euros if I remember correctly.

No big deal of a difference then. And we bought him when he was on fire with Ajax, he had hard times with us, so you can expect a slight decrease in value.

Interforeva
30 Jun 05, 21:51
It looks like the VDM deal to Monaco is virtually done. I think this would be a good transfer for VDM. Monaco is a fairly big club and he could rebuild himself there. He had limited opportunities with Inter, but at Monaco he would hopefully get playing time and get back to his best.

BlueBacchus
02 Jul 05, 08:17
Bye VDM, good luck whereever you end up

Vic
07 Jul 05, 03:21
I like him alot but he is funny in the way that he sort of gets lost on some games. I would forget the moments he gave us! :proud:

Aussie Inter
29 Jul 05, 00:34
AVM looks set to be leaving us as we have accepted a bid with Tottenham for him. Id guess the bid would be in the region of 4-6 million.
Its sad a player with so much talent was just wasted at his time at Inter. Partly his fault for not peforming when he was given the chance an half Inters fault for notplaying him regularly enough...
BYE BYE AVM

Vic
29 Jul 05, 01:09
Andy just could not remain here if he was going to remain in the bench he is such a talent that it kill sme to see him not play. He sometimes reminds me of El Chino as they have potential but onlu display it in flashes and then they completly disapear. If he leaves I would be happy as it is in his best interest and Inters.

snake
29 Jul 05, 01:12
AVM looks set to be leaving us as we have accepted a bid with Tottenham for him. Id guess the bid would be in the region of 4-6 million.
Its sad a player with so much talent was just wasted at his time at Inter. Partly his fault for not peforming when he was given the chance an half Inters fault for notplaying him regularly enough...
BYE BYE AVM

u sure?

I wouldo f thought Everton, Arsenal, Boro or even Rovers would of gotten him first.

Aussie Inter
29 Jul 05, 10:56
Yeh sure am he looks like to be playing along side Davids in the Midfield at Tottenham....

J zanetti
29 Jul 05, 10:59
Edit - Found few sources myself!

El Chino Recoba
29 Jul 05, 11:11
Yeah he will be playing for Spurs, a done deal apparently.

To Vic, what are you smoking mate? how can you compare Recoba and VDM, I mean Recoba is consistent but inconsistently played, for Inter VDM has had how many good games? one good volley against Arsenal and you make him king but just compare all the insane stuff Recoba has done, its not even comparable, even VDM would tell you this himself, he is a good player at best, Recoba is not just good or great, he is a genius who at VDM's age was the best in the world in his position and the most consistent, if he is played out of position and not given enough minutes it doesn't mean he is the same as a player half his ability who plays more and doesn't do much, End of rant.

scutzon
29 Jul 05, 11:16
Is the transfer of VDM to Tottenham official? Did we sell him, or is it another free transfer thing?

snake
29 Jul 05, 13:02
Is the transfer of VDM to Tottenham official? Did we sell him, or is it another free transfer thing?

its not official. Not even close.

And no he will be sold for about 4-7

29 Jul 05, 17:50
Well atleast we r making some money !

But 7m ? dont think so ... itz closer to 5m

Choppin Onions
29 Jul 05, 20:26
At least we're getting money for him this time around. Another contract cancelled and I would have lost it. Good luck to VDM and his horses in North London.

snake
30 Jul 05, 01:08
Spurs still have said nothin about him yet.

Ziyad
30 Jul 05, 18:20
Its bitter sweet to see him go but I like that he is going to my favorite team in England...SPURS :star:

snake
31 Jul 05, 02:00
Its bitter sweet to see him go but I like that he is going to my favorite team in England...SPURS :star:

dont be so confident about it. boro and Everton have just as good of a chance.

intermilansg
10 Aug 05, 11:14
Espanyol want Van loan
Wednesday 10 August, 2005

Espanyol are the latest club to be associated with a swoop for unwanted Inter midfielder Andy Van der Meyde.

The Spanish outfit are believed to have requested his loan and the Nerazzurri are assessing their options.

The Dutchman is on his way out of the San Siro as he doesn’t feature in the plans of boss Roberto Mancini.

Van der Meyde has already been omitted from the Nerazzurri’s Champions League squad, while his No 7 shirt has been handed to new boy Luis Figo.

The former Ajax winger was previously close to joining Monaco this summer but opted to snub a move to France at the last minute.

Van der Meyde has also been heavily associated with transfers to Premiership sides Everton and Tottenham, plus Spanish giants Valencia.

The latter is still a possibility, in a deal which could see striker Marco Di Vaio move in the other direction.

Inter are still looking for one more striker after allowing Christian Vieri to rescind his contract before joining city rivals Milan.

Channel 4

Alex de Large
10 Aug 05, 12:45
I will like to see VDM in my local club... espanyol need a right winger :dielaugh:

F U C K MILAN
17 Aug 05, 06:24
van der mayde is a good and most importantly a young player and we r making a big mistake by planing to sell him at least loan him for a couple of years until figo and ze maria r to old, what do u think guyz ?

BFC82
17 Aug 05, 06:36
van der mayde is a good and most importantly a young player and we r making a big mistake by planing to sell him at least loan him for a couple of years until figo and ze maria r to old, what do u think guyz ?

I think he had his chances to prove himself, maybe he is not just Serie A material. I always thought he would do alot better in England. Might as well cut our losses and sell him now or loan him and them sell him.

kova9
17 Aug 05, 13:52
Its the same old Dalmat story...

nugran78
17 Aug 05, 15:35
I don't see the point in holding on to a player who was promising when he got here, is still promising, and will be promising when he's Figo's age. Promising isn't enough when you want to win something. I agree with kova9 that Dalmat springs to mind, so I say sell, and we'll get a new, younger, better, cooler player later. VDM is by no means irreplacable like Cordoba, J. Zanetti, Cambiasso or Adriano. Just my two cents.

Gismo
17 Aug 05, 16:42
Friends, forget about van der Meyde. He'll never succeed in Inter. The atmosphere obstructs his path to succeed. Just like it did in Emre's case. I'd say sell him to the highest bidder.

Ziyad
18 Aug 05, 07:48
It is a problem that we cant nurture talent like Emre and VDM...I think the urgency for Inter to win is behind that mentality but maybe if we do that would change.

I still think VDM can do well...so i hope he is loaned not sold and comes back to take over Figo and ZeMaria's place eventually.

Opeum
22 Aug 05, 15:57
pity him..he is a good player..pls keep him..

22 Aug 05, 17:32
It is a problem that we cant nurture talent like Emre and VDM...I think the urgency for Inter to win is behind that mentality but maybe if we do that would change.
Thatz why we shud sign players who r proven success in Italy ... Pizzaro , Samuel ... thatz why i beleive it shud have been better to go for Jankulovski than Solari

Ziyad
22 Aug 05, 17:51
I dont disagree sayak...But Emre and VDM showed what they can provide,some players learn fast and those two i believe showed their potential in SerieA and proved their worth in CL too...

22 Aug 05, 17:55
yup ... but the pressure is too much on them to perform every week. One bad game , a bad miss everyone starts getting on ur back ... thatz why may be VDM shud be loaned 2 a serie A side that plays attacking soccer ... if we cant get a good deal 2 sell him outright ... then when Figo goes we can have another look at him

Alex de Large
29 Sep 05, 02:05
nobody know how many everton pay to inter for vdm transfer? it should be around 5/7 million euros...

DISCO ZZANG
29 Sep 05, 06:49
nobody know how many everton pay to inter for vdm transfer? it should be around 5/7 million euros...

Just 3m euro. not 5~7m euro.

Fabio
29 Sep 05, 15:58
Has he even played a game yet for Everton, they have been very bad so far in this season!

Fabio :)

Choppin Onions
30 Sep 05, 19:59
I think he's still injured. A few of our former players that are now playing in the EPL seem to be injured. Maybe that's why they were discarded. :P

intermilansg
06 Nov 05, 14:07
The free-again Dutchman feels like singing in the rain

Michael Walker meets the Everton winger striving to make up for two lost years

Saturday November 5, 2005
The Guardian

This day last November, with Everton positioned third having won five of their previous seven games, to widespread surprise David Moyes said: "Sometimes I think winning is the big secret to all football." One year on, with Everton second from bottom, Moyes probably thinks that more than ever. His players, however, have lost that winning feeling, though there is one man at Goodison Park whose Premiership record this season reads: played one, won one. Andy van der Meyde made his full debut last Saturday at Birmingham and that victory has altered the mood at Everton.

Were it not for Simon Davies' winner then, the torrential rain rattling the roof of the cavernous gymnasium at Everton's training ground on Thursday might have felt appropriate. Van der Meyde would probably have smiled regardless. This is a man with a reputation for mirth - "People always say I'm a joker but I'm just a happy guy, I get paid to play football." Rather more seriously, this is a player back from injury, back from two years "almost forgotten" at Internazionale and determined "to show the people again that I can play and become important for Everton. I want to enjoy the game again and feel tired after it, that satisfying tiredness. I haven't felt that for two years."

Everton is not the obvious place to recuperate. When Van der Meyde started talking to them this was a Champions League club. After Villarreal, Everton became a Uefa Cup club. After Dinamo Bucharest, Everton were a club struggling to score at the bottom of the Premiership. They still have only three league goals to their name in the league yet Van der Meyde stared at the torrent and said: "I spoke to Middlesbrough and Bolton but I just felt Everton. I spoke to the trainer and his story was good. I like it here, it's like Ajax, the rhythm. It's not like Inter. I'm free now, you know, I feel free."

Everton can only benefit from such a feeling. Van der Meyde had his 26th birthday five weeks ago and has played too little football since he left Ajax for Inter for £5m in the summer of 2003. He has signed for four years and, he added, there is no escape clause should the unthinkable happen.

Hector Cuper signed Van der Meyde for Inter but he was one of three coaches, the last being Roberto Mancini, the Dutchman experienced at San Siro. Van der Meyde gradually disappeared as new men came and went. He felt he had no one to talk to bar his wife. Idiosyncratic, Van der Meyde has named one of his daughters Purple; he is also clearly one of the lads and enjoyed Everton's recent bonding session in the Lake District. He refused to sing in the karaoke session, though - "I probably stopped myself because I didn't drink too much. And if I don't want to do it, then I don't do it."

He smiles again but in Milan it was isolation. "The first year I came there, Cuper bought me. The first three months I played every game for Inter, then he left. [Alberto] Zaccheroni came and I didn't play any more. He kept saying to me 'you're important, you will play,' but by Christmas I wanted to leave. He said 'no' but then he bought Dejan Stankovic and I knew that was the end for me. There is always something at Inter - if you play well one game, the next you can be in the stand. It's strange. And that affects you because you never know any more. If you're good, you can be out,; if you play badly, then they can keep you in. So I was confused. And no one speaks to you. So in my head I was leaving Inter.

"I don't know what to think now of it. I thought my mentality was getting stronger there. It's a difficult place - they tell you 1½ hours before kick-off if you are in the team and, if you're not, they say you can go home if you want. You don't have to watch the game. At Ajax even if you were injured you had to go to the game. Inter turned out to be like a vacation. I don't think it is like that everywhere in Italy but it is at Inter. Also, the trainer is not the only person who decides who plays. There are bigger men. I don't say more."

But Van der Meyde did say one more thing concerning Inter and that was the parting advice of Marco Materazzi, the Italian defender who endured Goodison briefly. "Materazzi said he didn't like it in England because he didn't like the weather. I am from Holland so I am used to this, the rain, the pitches. He told me: 'Don't go there, you don't have to go there.' But I know I've made a good decision. It's perfect for me, it feels like home already."

Remarks like that will endear Van der Meyde to a public that has already given him a rousing reception when he came on during the League Cup defeat by Middlesbrough 10 days ago. Tomorrow it is again Boro at Goodison and, with Champions League aspirations , Van der Meyde is relishing the chance to make the sort of impact that the right-footed Dutch left-winger Marc Overmars made at Arsenal. "When I was young I was a ballboy at Ajax, I was always watching him. He was more right than left but he could play on the left. He was unbelievable, always going for goal."

Van der Meyde's last goal was "so long ago I can't remember. Valencia away, I think, in the Champions League. I got the ball from Adriano, played it through one guy's legs and I was one on one with [José Santiago] Canizares. I slipped it under him. It was a good goal." It was a year and 16 days ago and Everton need that to be rectified soon. So, too, does Van der Meyde if he is to regain his Holland place.

But for now it is all about Everton and climbing. "I've never been in this position before," he says. "I am used to being in the top three. None of us wants to go into the second league. I don't even want to think about relegation, it is not possible that we will go down. I know everybody will give 100 per cent."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,1634916,00.html

:wth:

Jake
06 Nov 05, 15:22
It's very easy to believe what VDM says. Something is wrong with our club management. I really don't blame him for wanting to leave. He could've been useful, but instead he joins the very long list of failures in Inter.

Hammoudi
06 Nov 05, 15:39
I do believe him, I was having a pathetic laugh reading what he said, specially us being a vacation.

But the best part was: " If you're good, you can be out,; if you play badly, then they can keep you in."

J zanetti
06 Nov 05, 15:49
It has been known for several years that Appiano Gentile is the place where you can cash in some easy money. People are getting paid while dancing samba in the streets of Rio, or coming late to the training pitch. Or you are the highest paid player in Serie a for some time without even being a starter for your team. Hence I’m not really surprised over his comments. Poor guy does have a point.

Frisko
06 Nov 05, 16:26
I'm so surprised, you guys agree with VD Meyde :rolleyes:

I'm sure that's how Figo managed to become a starter straight away in VD Meyde's former role, by playing crap. Give me a phuckin break :yuck:

Fabio
06 Nov 05, 16:28
We're talking in general, not just AVDM's case...

Fabio

Mikkel
06 Nov 05, 16:32
He is right, Inter is not like any other club where they know what their players are doing, our club is like a tropical island, where you don't have to do much if anything at all. And this atmosphere surely have an affect on the results, the club really needs some drastic changes and stop acting like freaking armatures if we want to win something important.

But I doubt that will ever happen as long as we have Moratti in charge, who put pressure on the coach who he should play in the line up and how the line up should be like. Man I wish he would leave the club for good.

Frisko
06 Nov 05, 16:35
Once again you talk without knowing shit. What do you know about this? Do you have a relative at Appiano Gentile giving you inside tips? Or do you just listen to bitter players who failed in Italy and now have lovely, unbiased things to say about us?

And what's that bullshit about Moratti saying who should play? He never did, while Berlusconi for example did so openly with the press, embarassing a coach who has won everything but the Intercontinental cup in 2 years.

It's great how you just make up stuff and pretend they're facts.

Pravesh
06 Nov 05, 16:39
It's very easy to believe what VDM says. Something is wrong with our club management. I really don't blame him for wanting to leave. He could've been useful, but instead he joins the very long list of failures in Inter.

I do believe him, I was having a pathetic laugh reading what he said, specially us being a vacation.

But the best part was: " If you're good, you can be out,; if you play badly, then they can keep you in."

That shows how our club management is, and sadly it hurts alot !!

;)

Mikkel
06 Nov 05, 16:59
Once again you talk without knowing shit. What do you know about this? Do you have a relative at Appiano Gentile giving you inside tips? Or do you just listen to bitter players who failed in Italy and now have lovely, unbiased things to say about us?

And what's that bullshit about Moratti saying who should play? He never did, while Berlusconi for example did so openly with the press, embarrassing a coach who has won everything but the Intercontinental cup in 2 years.

Well some people won't face the reality, that the board have no control over the players or the club for that matter, or how would you explain the cases that comes every freaking season with our players. Now just look at the Adriano case, he miss some flights in purpose and comes to late for practice without the club doing anything about it. Yeah great management, Frisko just keep on living on a pink cloud, but some of us knows that there is something totally wrong with this club.

I know you love Moratti, but don't tell me he hasn't harmed the club, with his stupid management

Frisko
06 Nov 05, 17:02
You just expect the club to do things and let everybody know? They are supposed to deal with problems internally, not to come and tell you about it. This is the way professionals work.

Jake
06 Nov 05, 17:28

I promise I'll try to ignore your posts...

Everybody else is making things up and you always know everything, right? How do you know everything for a fact, but we just believe bitter players and invent stories out ffom nowhere?

Frisko
06 Nov 05, 17:34
I thought we were supposed to stop arguing and ignore each other?

Hammoudi
06 Nov 05, 17:37
I think we all love the club here, but we have two different philosophies. Some like to be critical of the club, and some want to support the club no matter what.

As for the argument, like the saying goes, there is no smoke without fire. VDM may be disgruntled, but there is some truth to what he says.

Let's look at some examples. Last year, Stankovic was playing horribly wherever he was on the pitch. Yet, he still managed to play alot of games. Same with Vieri, he was playing bad at the beginning, but he played his way into improving himself.

However, guys like VDM and Solari don't get that break. I am not saying VDM is great, but why not give him equal chances like everyone else? Same with Solari, why is he not being played?

VDM put it well, and it's clear. At Inter, you may play well but find yourself on the bench, and you may play bad but find yourself starting games.

js
06 Nov 05, 19:31
VDM is making a sad point and he is not the only one of the players that have left this club that has come public about things like that.
The most appaling is the fact that "somebody" goes over the coach's head and picks line-ups...I really hope that isn't true... :(

Ari
07 Nov 05, 08:03
No offence Frisk, but you cannot be that blind to say everything is ok in our management. We paid millions for Bobo, not to play with us. We traded Canna for Juve's third goalkeeper and didn't even need him. There are so many facts that tells about the problems in our management. Where those problems are, we cannot know but sure those are. You cannot be that blind.

And what's that bullshit about Moratti saying who should play? He never did.

Well that's bs. We can take clear examples from last season. Veron was recovering from injury and Moratti told to press something like: "I want Seba to play for us, he's our leader."

And yes in next match he was there, though he surely wasn't fully recovered yet. That's what he said to press. What does he say when he calls to Mancini personally..?

The Count of Anti-Milan
07 Nov 05, 10:15
Maybe VDM's words would have a bit more weight if he could actually stop the ball in the derby. :wallbang:

Frisko
07 Nov 05, 16:48
Well that's bs. We can take clear examples from last season. Veron was recovering from injury and Moratti told to press something like: "I want Seba to play for us, he's our leader."

And yes in next match he was there, though he surely wasn't fully recovered yet. That's what he said to press. What does he say when he calls to Mancini personally..?

I bet you got those quotes from some tribafootball site. Anyway even if he did say that, he did it once, he certainly doesn't do it regularly.

About our management, I never said they're perfect, but I don't think you can just decide they were, are and always be crap. Even if they did major mistakes in the past, you can't just make up facts, or use quotes and just believe whatever people who surely did not have a positive experience with Inter as they were facts.

About Vieri, you shouldn't mention it as a mistake, since he's proving to be a finished player, and for once it looks like we gave Milan a shit deal.

Wallace
07 Nov 05, 19:53
Never seen that being said by Moretti...but if he had done it..he would have done it for Recoba first

Choppin Onions
07 Nov 05, 23:31
It seems like I've seen these kind of remarks before, coming from former players. Nothing much surprises me anymore about this club, but I still love them despite all the mishaps.

Ari
08 Nov 05, 05:51
I bet you got those quotes from some tribafootball site. Anyway even if he did say that, he did it once, he certainly doesn't do it regularly.

Well it was in inter.it. I don't read tribalfootball, nor goal...

Frisko, we cannot know for sure. I cannot know for sure that Moratti does affect on line-ups. You canno't know the he does. But we can make assessments based on news that are puplished. Andy's comments are the latest.

About Bobo. :howler: Yeah, it wasn't a mistake whatever. Comparing Bobo to our own strikers, I still wouldn't paid that amount of money to him not be playing with us.

EDIT: And what if the were from tribalfootball? They don't make up quotes or lie to them.

Handoyo
08 Nov 05, 09:19
Just wanna say that I clearly remember that comment as well because I was so p!ssed off when Moratti said it. Cambiasso was in the form of his life, carrying Inter's midfield on his back together with the revived C.Zanetti and all of a sudden, Moratti just slapped them in the face by saying that Veron is the leader of the team. What's even worse, the other leaders of the team, J.Zanetti & Cordoba, were playing well too.

That comment was totally uncalled for and was one of Moratti's blunders last season.

Hand;)yo

K.I.
08 Nov 05, 09:27
he didnt mean it in terms of character man,he meant he was the leader in football,in attacks and dedecating play and such.

Miki
08 Nov 05, 09:31
he didnt mean it in terms of character man,he meant he was the leader in football,in attacks and dedecating play and such.
I do not specifically remember the quote. However, unless Moratti explicitly stated that the leader he was referring to was only for the offensive half of Inter's play, then Moratti is clearly in err.

Ciao,
Tim

Handoyo
08 Nov 05, 09:43
Than a horrif*ckingble leader in creating plays he is, Veron (At that time). He was one of the worst player in the first part of last season. ;)

Perhaps a leader in the locker room, since he's the most outspoken even though he's new. But ah, what the hey. It's in the past now. ;)

By the way, I remember that at that period, the Inter Magazine also have Veron in their cover with the caption "Leader" accompanying his name. :wallbang:

Hand;)yo

Frisko
08 Nov 05, 17:38
Just wanna say that I clearly remember that comment as well because I was so p!ssed off when Moratti said it. Cambiasso was in the form of his life, carrying Inter's midfield on his back together with the revived C.Zanetti and all of a sudden, Moratti just slapped them in the face by saying that Veron is the leader of the team. What's even worse, the other leaders of the team, J.Zanetti & Cordoba, were playing well too.

That comment was totally uncalled for and was one of Moratti's blunders last season.

Hand;)yo

That still was ONE SINGLE OCCASION, some people here are moaning as if Moratti was doing the line-up every week. I'm just sick of all this crap. Ari, just tell me: what's the point saying 'We just don't know' about stuff, and then make judgement about it?

If you don't know about stuff, then just shut the phuck up!!

Ari
08 Nov 05, 18:56
Oh boy. You're phucking pissed. :finger: Normal discussion and you start swearing. I said we cannot know for sure. But we can make assessments based on facts we do know. Like statement Andy did. Such a cheap shot from you to distort my comments.

Take a beer, boy.

Frisko
08 Nov 05, 21:50
Gosh Ari if you can't take a phuck now and then I suggest you start a career as a priest.

K.I.
09 Nov 05, 00:23
guys,figo and veron,they are both very vocal on the field and in the locker room,thats normal as are other players also like julio cesar and miha,but morrati and inter magazin were clrealy talking about veron as being the leader of our midfield,as the playmaker who dedicates the team,just like riquelme is the leader of villareal.

Ari
09 Nov 05, 07:53
I can take it, Frisk. :) Just "shut the phuck up" comments kinda suprised me, in the middle of normal discussion between two interistas. But atleast I know your level now.

Frisko
09 Nov 05, 16:48
Yeah Ari I didn't mean to come out too strong at you anyway, I've been very stressed with these forums after Lazio v Inter, I just didn't like the general attitude of posters around, I wish there were less moans and more fighting spirit.

J zanetti
11 May 06, 10:19
I guess not many clubs out there have the same patience as we have, haa? lol

Everton to sell injury-prone Van der Meyde

Dominic Fifield
Thursday May 11, 2006
The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/)
Everton are ready to listen to offers for Dutch international Andy van der Meyde after the former Internazionale winger failed to impress during a first season at GoodisonPark interrupted by injury.
Van der Meyde swapped the San Siro for GoodisonPark last August for £1.8m, signing a four-year contract, but the injuries which hampered his time in Italy after a move from Ajax in 2003 have continued to blight him. He was restricted to 31 appearances in two seasons at Inter and seven starts for Everton this campaign.

The 26-year-old arrived at the club's Bellefield training complex last August with a groin injury which he struggled to shrug off. His made his first appearance in October but was restricted by a thigh injury sustained in December. When he returned to action in March he was red-carded in the defeat to Liverpool for an apparent elbow on Xabi Alonso.
Everton have conceded they may struggle to recoup what they paid for the winger, who has since lost his place in the Dutch side, and the player is available for about £1m.

Mikkel
11 May 06, 10:35
shouldn't this be moved to the I'll Grande Inter forum.

And thank God we got rid of him, he just have proved that he ain't much worth, and in top of that he is becoming a injury prone.

primo-inter
11 May 06, 14:59
this is an upsetting situation. He is obviously an incredibly talented player who has just drawn the short straw in recent times during his career. I hope he can recover from these problems and become a good player somewhere.

I'l be honest, I never liked seeing him in an inter shirt. Something about him made me just NOT like him playing for us. But I respect him because he plays with a lot of skill and flair and can be useful if he was given the chance somewhere.

All he needs is to find a coach who believes in him and gives him a fair go, and a injury-free spell, then he will be on fire I'm sure.

Waleed
11 May 06, 15:16
I dont know why you guys hated him. He was one of the biggest talents in the Dutch league and I was really impressed when Inter managed to sign him. His transfer was huge as I thought with such a solid RW under a system that used wingers with Cuper we would be really successful. This dream was confirmed when we went into Aresenal's house during a season when they were tearing apart records in an unprecidented run to the title and absolutely manhandled them with skill and solid tactics.

I still remember the sniper goal celebration VDM had after scoring his goal in that game and to this day it still brings a smile to my face.

I thought we made a huge mistake in letting go of Cuper but the management decided they wanted a change and it has not all been bad news.

I feel bad for VDM as I thought he would really shine in the EPL. Hopefully he still has time to get his affairs in order and become the star player we all knew he could have been.

M.Adnan
10 Jun 06, 10:57
Van Der Meide dreams about playing for Juve even in Serie B

http://profabe.free.fr/Htlm/news5.htm

As I understand, he wanted to play with the zebras since he came in Inter. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And he regrets moving to England.

Frisko
10 Jun 06, 11:20
Well we surely don't miss him...

snake
10 Jun 06, 11:32
Well we surely don't miss him...

Miss who frisko?

;)

Mikkel
18 Jun 06, 21:21
WTF is he doing here shouldn't it be moved to former Inter players sub forum.

and the same goes for the Cannavaro topic

Alex de Large
19 Jun 06, 01:28
yeah, van der meyde is not grande, he is finished and don't plays at inter anymore.

Karim
19 Jul 06, 10:49
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=404232&CPID=8&clid=11&lid=2&title=Torino+eye+van+der+Meyde+coup

My points: The Dutch international is keen to prove he is still capable of playing at the top level after following up a couple of excellent years at Inter with a disappointing campaign in England

he did have a few excellent yeqars with Inter and I hoped he stayed.

It says also he wants to return to Inter???

snake
19 Jul 06, 11:29
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=404232&CPID=8&clid=11&lid=2&title=Torino+eye+van+der+Meyde+coup

My points: The Dutch international is keen to prove he is still capable of playing at the top level after following up a couple of excellent years at Inter with a disappointing campaign in England

he did have a few excellent yeqars with Inter and I hoped he stayed.

It says also he wants to return to Inter???

Dont worry, just a few weeks ago he said it would be an honour to represent Juve even in Serie B.

His a shit player, no big future ahead of him and played shit at inter. He can go anywhere for all i care, just not back here.

brehme1989
19 Jul 06, 11:55
He could have turned out very good. If he was a Premiership player, not Inter player, then people would claim that he was one of the best wingers :rolleyes:

snake
19 Jul 06, 11:57
Oh ffs, this myth that quick players will succeed in the EPL is utter bullshit.

VDM failed, I know he didnt play much but when he did he failed.

Only good phyiscal players succeed there, it has nothing to do with speed. So to all those who think quick players is all it takes to succeed who have never played in english football..then you are wrong.

primo-inter
19 Jul 06, 13:40
I hated him when he was here, coz I thought he was shit.

However, I've become more interested and impressed by the street football element of Holland, and I see him as a player who has emerged from the street and is now playing, with his skills, on the highest level in the world. So I respect him. He plays with flair and he's a classy player. I just don't think it was 'meant to be' for him playing at inter.

Figo is way classier.

BFC82
22 Jul 06, 20:00
Ive noticed that most of players sold recently have not been doing so well.

Durai
07 Aug 06, 09:50
poor old andy he's in hospital after someone spiked he's drink.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=408221&CPID=8&clid=11&lid=2&title=Van+der+Meyde+hospitalised

Lamb of God
07 Aug 06, 11:08
van der meyde seems to have bad time in england i thought it would suit his style of game but things are really out of control for him as he is injured and is not doing anything for his club.glad we sold him.

Forza ragazzi
07 Aug 06, 12:48
Well, you can say that we really destroyed this guy. Poor thing, he had a great future while at Ajax.

Get well, Andy.

Frisko
07 Aug 06, 13:21
Well, you can say that we really destroyed this guy. Poor thing, he had a great future while at Ajax.

Get well, Andy.
Did we? He was given plenty of chances but he wasn't the right player for Serie A. We have very little responsibility about his failure. And it's not like he did great when he left us, did he? He's been shit actually.

Don't see why you blame Inter.

Forza ragazzi
07 Aug 06, 14:28
Did we? He was given plenty of chances but he wasn't the right player for Serie A. We have very little responsibility about his failure. And it's not like he did great when he left us, did he? He's been shit actually.

Don't see why you blame Inter.

Well, what you're saying is actually true, but his downhill started at Inter.

Alex de Large
02 Oct 06, 20:52
The guy has given a Zebra (the animal) to his wife for present.....

Hasan
02 Oct 06, 21:02
Big talent in Ajax, "New Nedved" didn't manage to solve problem of being famous, when he take money from us he lifted up to the sky, and it's much harder when you fall from the high.

Durai
02 Oct 06, 21:06
The guy has given a Zebra (the animal) to his wife for present.....

well it must be for her while he goes away for away matches.

alvaro
02 Oct 06, 21:15
well it must be for her while he goes away for away matches.

":D"

Pod
04 Sep 09, 19:13
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_van_der_Meyde

it's so sad and shocking what has happened with him

Ziyad
05 Sep 09, 10:57
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_van_der_Meyde

it's so sad and shocking what has happened with him

Tell me about it..i guess he peaked too soon or something.I mean he couldnt hold a place or even feature for everton.

radiinter
25 Feb 11, 14:21
Andy van der Meyde has made the decision to retire http://www.fcinternews.eu/former-inter-player-retires/

Azzkikr
25 Feb 11, 14:42
Pretty early, but not very surprising considering how his career turned out.

He will be remembered at Inter for this great goal though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSWWk8jEdFU&feature=related

alvaro
25 Feb 11, 15:40
Andy van der Gol, shame he has retired. I remember he joined Inter shortly before I became a fan. :(
He was one of my favourites during his short time here.

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/64292.jpg

Numero Dieci
26 Feb 11, 10:38
Wow,so early.

When he was at Ajax I really thought he was gonna be a superstar.

Dissapointing career.

Hasan
22 Nov 12, 07:56
This fucker finished his autobiography ... crazy stuff, we made a good deal by selling him. Bunch of bozzz, pills and cocain in his Everton days.

- He also said that diference betwen Ajax and Inter were huge
- He said that Moratti gave around 50k for every win
- he said that he was too nostalgic and that he wanted go back to Ajax after month or so and that he cryed to Ajax people to take him back
- he said that his crazy wife destroyed him in Milan and that she made their home looks like a ZOO with all that pets and animals

Everton at that time doubled his salary to become their player ... wtf?

Than his Moyses fights:

“Moyes said: ‘What are you doing?’ I said: ‘I’m going home.’ Moyes replied: ‘No, you have to do your training.’
“I said: ‘You can stick it.’ Moyes grabbed me by the throat and screamed: ‘You are going to do your training.

Van der Meyde also clashed with Everton skipper Phil Neville. The Dutchman explained: “He was Moyes’ pet so I picked on him a lot. I think he told everything that was going on to the boss and that’s why he was captain, he was a snitch.
“It is a complete joke he played more than 250 games for Manchester United and almost 60 games for England.”

"I threw up and my puke was blood and red clots, very scary. I passed out and woke up in hospital. They said probably some guys put some drug in my beer. I had to go to David Moyes and he fined me 30,000 pounds because Everton have a rule that you can't be seen in any bar or club two days before a game," he said.

"I took cocaine and liquor and in Liverpool you can party seven nights a week. It is a life-threatening city if you can't put up your own boundaries. I realised Liverpool could become my death so I had to leave," he said.

Huge talent, wasted. Nice book for Balotelli.

I4E
22 Nov 12, 08:04
- He said that Moratti gave around 50k for every win

Generous man. Moratti's generosity seems to go too far.

Ffi201zi002tlis
28 May 14, 05:30
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/27/article-2640886-1E402FD600000578-909_634x423.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/27/article-2640886-1E4030A200000578-413_634x424.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/27/article-2640886-1E40302100000578-278_634x424.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/27/article-2640886-1E40305A00000578-89_634x424.jpg
https://www.nieuws.nl/media/r4v30t0rs79afnnwh0tp2hukm
http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/sites/default/files/styles/landscape_2/public/content/images/2014/05/24/andy%20meijde%20wk3.jpg?itok=knWfMdRv

It seems we don't have to feel sorry for his career after all :oblivious:

TheNetworkZ
28 May 14, 05:40
Fuck :datass::datass::datass::datass::datass::datass::d atass::datass::datass::datass::datass::datass::dat ass::datass:

Shaun
28 May 14, 06:50
Go blue!

Pajo
28 May 14, 10:19
Beast :lol:

Dylan
28 May 14, 12:57
What's all that about?

SwedishInterista
28 May 14, 16:40
Seems like a lucky guy after all.

Shark
28 May 14, 16:58
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/27/article-2640886-1E402FD600000578-909_634x423.jpg

How a divorce can turn around your life :D

@Dylan:

From wikipedia:

"On 24 May 2014, Van der Meyde refereed the Lingerie World Cup, which the Netherlands won on home soil." :trollol:

Kenny
21 Oct 15, 12:10
What a fucked up life.
Can't believe that i just read this now.