PDA

View Full Version : Left Back Dilemna

Anonymous
01 Aug 04, 11:35
:rolleyes:

Sunday, 01 August 2004
by Nadia Carminati
Internazionale's new coach Roberto Mancini has a dilemma on his hands on whether to bring in Apreciado Cesar or Marek Jankulovski as his new left back.
The Giuseppe Meazza side have been busy in the transfer market this summer, after landing Sinisa Mihajlovic and Ze Maria, but it is unlikely the shopping spree will end there.

Mancini knows Cesar very well from his time with Lazio, while Jankulovski is keen to leave Udinese in search of a bigger club following an impressive Euro 2004 showing.

"I'd be happy in the case of Cesar's arrival because I know him very well, so he knows what I want," said Mancini.

"Jankulovski would surely not be second choice. As for quality and potential there is not a lot of difference between him and Cesar."

Which left back would you prefer ?
Or would you prefer someone else?

Frisko
01 Aug 04, 11:44
Lol this is getting silly. We have Coco and Favalli to play as LB. we can't sell Favalli since we just bought him, so would we get rid of Coco if Cesar or Jankulowski come? After waiting for him all this time? I hope not.

And Cesar is a LW not a LB. If you tell me that he can defend as well, you're lying hehe It would be like playing with Kily as LB...

By the way, Pasquale is still with us as well...

SB9Dragon
01 Aug 04, 14:45
Whats the point of getting Cesar or Jankulovski to have them play as Leftbacks? We have 3 already, Favalli, Coco, and Pasquale. If anything we need could use one of them as a LW though we already have enough players who could play in that position.

Kily
Emre
Stankovic
Zicu
Recoba
Karagounis
J. Zanetti

cool_cuchu
02 Aug 04, 08:08
Hmm let's sign Marek and Cesar altogether..

I think the real dilema is not who r we gonna choose, but who's gonna start...

we have seen how good our transfer master got many players with good price..

now, we need to see how good they are in selling players with good price :)

Ari
02 Aug 04, 09:43
Whats the point of getting Cesar or Jankulovski to have them play as Leftbacks? We have 3 already, Favalli, Coco, and Pasquale. If anything we need could use one of them as a LW though we already have enough players who could play in that position.

Kily
Emre
Stankovic
Zicu
Recoba
Karagounis
J. Zanetti

Finally somebody says it. If anything I'm against getting Cesar. If we have to get left-sided player, let's get Jankulovski who's good full-back. Winger we don't need. I hope it's Emre, Kily or Deki on the left and Deki or VDM on the right. And Chino as a forward with Adriano..

Adriano Chino
Emre Davids Veron Deki
Coco Cordoba Matrix JZ
Toldo

so basicly Deki on the left if Andy plays and on the right if Emre plays.. And still there is Kily who was great in Copa.. Why in the heck we want to sign winger???? :fero: :frustrat: :mad:

Pod
02 Aug 04, 10:51
Cesar or nothing.He is one of the best in his position.Jankulovski is nothing special.We have players of his quality.

Pravesh
02 Aug 04, 11:26
I have made up my mind …. It should be Cesar, or no one else, if we have to choose between Cesar and Jankulovski !!

;)

Tommi
02 Aug 04, 12:01
Are we really planning to buy yet another player? :doh:

If i had to choose, i would choose Jankulovski. No doubt about it. He´s been one of my favourite ´bout four years now. To me it seems that he´s better offensively, faster, dribbles better, is more skillful, crosses better, has the most lethal left foot that i know of, shoots better, has an awesome free-kicks etc. Cesar is only better in defensively. Jankulovski would beat Cesar 8 to 1.

Pravesh
02 Aug 04, 12:19

If i had to choose, i would choose Jankulovski. No doubt about it. He´s been one of my favourite ´bout four years now. To me it seems that he´s better offensively, faster, dribbles better, is more skillful, crosses better, has the most lethal left foot that i know of, shoots better, has an awesome free-kicks etc. Cesar is only better in defensively. Jankulovski would beat Cesar 8 to 1.

but Udinese fans are saying that it's not same now and it was not that good season for him last season, which I am not sure of it.

Also: Jankulovski played as LB in EURO 2004, isn't it ? Or am I wrong again :mad:

Frisko
02 Aug 04, 12:32

but Udinese fans are saying that it's not same now and it was not that good season for him last season, which I am not sure of it.

Also: Jankulovski played as LB in EURO 2004, isn't it ? Or am I wrong again :mad:

Maybe we just want Jankulovski and Cesar because Juve wants them too :D

SB9Dragon
02 Aug 04, 14:13
Prav calm down :P You were right Jankulovski did play as a LB for the Czech Republic in the Euros.

Pravesh
02 Aug 04, 14:32
Prav calm down :P You were right Jankulovski did play as a LB for the Czech Republic in the Euros.

Yes, I am getting mad ..... :cry2: :D

samito
02 Aug 04, 15:18
Maybe we just want Jankulovski and Cesar because Juve wants them too

i dont think so .......its because they are great players.....who could apport to us more talent in the wingside.

Anonymous
02 Aug 04, 15:29

how can cesar be better defensively than Jankulovski when he is a left back and Cesars a winger. :rolleyes:

Frisko
02 Aug 04, 15:32
Maybe we just want Jankulovski and Cesar because Juve wants them too

i dont think so .......its because they are great players.....who could apport to us more talent in the wingside.

I think Coco can do better than both of them, if he stays fit.

samito
02 Aug 04, 15:33
how can cesar be better defensively than Jankulovski when he is a left back and Cesars a winger.

Amen :star:

Jimmy
02 Aug 04, 15:36
Seems as many here have only watched Jankulovski play in the Euro 2004. ;)

He´s NOT a left back. At Udinese he has played as a left winger and an offensive one at that.

samito
02 Aug 04, 15:40

Really. i dont think so ....beside the three of them plays almost the same position.....but the have diferrent talents........

coco imo the the best of them defending
cesar is the has the best crosses
and jankulovsky is the one who has the better ability and contrtol with the ball.....plus he could combine his defence ability with the attacking one .....and we will have a key player in him...... :eek:

so. my choicec would be janku ;)

Ari
02 Aug 04, 15:41
Give Coco a chance. He deserves it. Don't sign anyone. No fullback, no winger.

Come on.. :

Coco
Favalli
Pasquale

Kily
Emre
Recoba
Karagounis
Stankovic
Zicu

Last time, do we really need Cesar or Janku? Not atleast to play as a winger..

Frisko
02 Aug 04, 15:43

Really. i dont think so ....beside the three of them plays almost the same position.....but the have diferrent talents........

coco imo the the best of them defending
cesar is the has the best crosses
and jankulovsky is the one who has the better ability and contrtol with the ball.....plus he could combine his defence ability with the attacking one .....and we will have a key player in him...... :eek:

so. my choicec would be janku ;)

If we play with Emre-Recoba on the left, we need a player with good defensive abilities on the LB position. That's why I rather Coco.

Mikkel
02 Aug 04, 16:15
Pasquale..will probertly be loaned out...but anyway we have to many
back's

Coco
Favalli
J.Zanetti
Cordoba
Ze Maria

So I simply don't understand :confused: ,why Inter will buy either Cesar or Janakulovski

and if they are ment to be reinforcement to the wings there will be the same problem.

Kily
Emre
Stankovic
even AVM and Veron can play there

But if I have to chosee then i'll defently prefer Janakulovski...

as I remember Inter have also tried to get Bonera from Parma recently

Frisko
02 Aug 04, 16:24
Pasquale..will probertly be loaned out...but anyway we have to many
back's

Coco
Favalli
J.Zanetti
Cordoba
Ze Maria

So I simply don't understand :confused: ,why Inter will buy either Cesar or Janakulovski

and if they are ment to be reinforcement to the wings there will be the same problem.

Kily
Emre
Stankovic
even AVM and Veron can play there

But if I have to chosee then i'll defently prefer Janakulovski...

as I remember Inter have also tried to get Bonera from Parma recently

Cordoba is a central defender, Zana and Ze maria are the RB, Favalli and Coco the LB... sounds good to me..

Mikkel
02 Aug 04, 16:39
yes I know but Cordoba is often been used as a LB. but then we will have to many CD

Cordoba
Cannavaro
Burdisso
MIha
Sorondo
Materazzi
Adani

Frisko
02 Aug 04, 16:43
yes I know but Cordoba is often been used as a LB. but then we will have to many CD

Cordoba
Cannavaro
Burdisso
MIha
Sorondo
Materazzi
Adani

Cordoba played on the left only a couple of times, during an emergency.

Sorondo and Adani are goners.

Welcome to Forza Inter Forums by the way Adriano! :)

ILuvInter
02 Aug 04, 19:32
We don't need any Cesar or Jankulovskies !!!!

Guys If we get anyone of them , it will on the expense of our Great Emre ...

We have Coco who i expect to have a great season ahead of him , Favalli during tough games when u want to defend more , pasquale will be loaned and also il capitano can play there with ze'maria on the right .

As for wingers we can play Emre-Recoba or Recoba-Deki with adriano as a lone striker or we can introduce Kily , so what's the fuss ?? No Dilemma and though i love Mancio and don't want to start complaining him but he wanted Sinisa ----he got him and he wanted a right back , he also got him then Enough !!!!!

Frisko
02 Aug 04, 19:57
We don't need any Cesar or Jankulovskies !!!!

Guys If we get anyone of them , it will on the expense of our Great Emre ...

We have Coco who i expect to have a great season ahead of him , Favalli during tough games when u want to defend more , pasquale will be loaned and also il capitano can play there with ze'maria on the right .

As for wingers we can play Emre-Recoba or Recoba-Deki with adriano as a lone striker or we can introduce Kily , so what's the fuss ?? No Dilemma and though i love Mancio and don't want to start complaining him but he wanted Sinisa ----he got him and he wanted a right back , he also got him then Enough !!!!!

Spot on, I hope we'll do that.

Anonymous
03 Aug 04, 08:41
Inter do need a left winger to support Kily. Emre is a central midfielder but I would like to see him on the left. Recoba has never been a left winger and never did well.
Its about time Recoba left he is a luxury we do not need. :depress:

Tommi
03 Aug 04, 11:47
how can cesar be better defensively than Jankulovski when he is a left back and Cesars a winger.
Amen? :dielaugh:

You ever seen Jankulovski at Udinese?

Seems as many here have only watched Jankulovski play in the Euro 2004. ;)

He´s NOT a left back. At Udinese he has played as a left winger and an offensive one at that.

Pravesh
03 Aug 04, 13:49
Tommi or Jimmy,

It seems that you two know better about these two players. Which player is better offensively and who do you think will be better for us (keep in mind that we will definitely get one player)?

I have seen Jankulovski mainly only in EURO 2004. I did see few Serie games as well, but I have already forgotten how and in which position he played.

The only difference for me is their ages. Jankulovski would be a better option in that case if both players has almost same characteristics. But I have heard that Cesar is much more better when it comes in offence and we do need that kinda player. Am I right ?

:confused:

samito
03 Aug 04, 15:55
You ever seen Jankulovski at Udinese?

ofcourse i did .......thats why im talking about him.....you and jimmy are right ..in udine he plays as a left mid or even as a free role player ....and i knew that............his skills are absolutely amazing with the ball.

thanks to his coach he played in the euro2004 ala roberto carlos........and he was great..........

look at this in a positive way........we have to sell many players we will surely get some $$$$$$....plus selling el kily who is getting old ....but has a name reputation .......in other words sell il kily to get janku.......i used to like el kily......but since he accepted to go to the olympics.....and dont give a $hit about inter....i dont
another thing ...........why dont spend in a player like janku....seeming that he would be our last signing

forza inter :star:

El_Chino
03 Aug 04, 17:22
The reason that Jankulovski was playing at LB in the Euro's might be because a certain EUROPEAN FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR was on the left wing, Nedved. You also have to remember that at Euro 1996 Nedved was the Czech's leftback, eventually moving forward to attacking midfield as the year's progress. I am a big fan of Jankulovski and he is a lot younger than Cesar, 5 or 6 years, so I would prefer him, he is also more versatile. I actually believe Jan would be a very good signing, as if Coco, as is more than likely gets injured again we would only have Favalli at left back, and I believe that Jankulovski is better than him at left back.

We seem to own a lot of very versatile players its almost got to the stage that we can change the midfield completely while using the same players in it. I think he would fit in well with the side as he is a very hard worker and covers the fullback well, he can dribble, pass, shoot and tackle. He is very nearly a complete player. I hope that if we sign anyone else it is Jankulovski, but the priority for me is getting rid of the dead wood, and loaning out the talented youngsters.

Mikkel
03 Aug 04, 18:11
there is 2- 3 years between them .Cesar is 29(30 in a couple of months)... Janakulovski is 27.

this is another reason why we should get Janakulovski instead of Cesar...

INTER_FAN
04 Aug 04, 00:27
Its hard to choose, by reading all u guys, but i will go for the younger and more complete player, Janku, I like the style of Czechs, also I dont know if Coco would ever get back to be the same Coco, but for sure he needs time cause its not enough to judge the guy from few friendlies and he was out most of last season or maybe more than 1 season.

I always thought we dont have a brilliant wingers like other top teams, Pasquale has nothing to do with offense, Kily wont cross, so only Recoba did some wonderful crossings but we need a guy with great crossing cause our nr.1 forward (BOBO) do the best with his head. so for god's sake he needs great crosses, VDM is great but this guy had so much problems with Zac, I dont know how he will be.

I know that Adriano should work more on his head as he rarely scores that way but I guess lets get Janku and reduce the number of the squad immediately, so after CL qualifiers we start preparing for getting the Scudetto, I hope we wont have a problem with Basel, good result in the away game and we play with our second line at home ;)

Forza Inter and regards to all,

ALL FOR INTER, INTER FOR ALL

cool_cuchu
04 Aug 04, 12:23
the reason cesar should come here for me is simply because mancini wants him.... to follow and make ease for his job...

so, when cesar is not here, I would keep kily....
if kily's out.. then we have to content playing with stan, emre, kara, coco, recoba or even davids on the left

Anonymous
13 Aug 04, 18:54
Inter Milan bid better than Tottenham's for Jankulovski
tribalfootball.com - August 12, 2004

Inter Milan chiefs held more talks with Udinese yesterday over the future of Marek Jankulovski.
The Czech Republic international is determined to leave Udinese before the new season kicks off and is also the subject of interest from Tottenham and Juventus.

Spurs are preparing a £3 million bid for Jankulovski, while Juve are yet to make concrete their interest.

Inter coach Roberto Mancini is ready to offer defender Giovanni Pasquale plus £4 million for Jankulovski.

Frisko
13 Aug 04, 19:04
the reason cesar should come here for me is simply because mancini wants him.... to follow and make ease for his job...

What about all the blablabla Cesar is the best left winger in Serie A??

Mikkel
14 Aug 04, 00:39
we don't need Cesar or Janakulovski...Our squad is good as it is.
now Inter should start selling some players.

Frisko
14 Aug 04, 09:42
now Inter should start selling some players.

I have the feeling I heard that before :dielaugh:

Mikkel
14 Aug 04, 10:06
hm you are right :D

Bianconeri
15 Aug 04, 01:01
Inter Milan bid better than Tottenham's for Jankulovski
tribalfootball.com - August 12, 2004

Inter Milan chiefs held more talks with Udinese yesterday over the future of Marek Jankulovski.
The Czech Republic international is determined to leave Udinese before the new season kicks off and is also the subject of interest from Tottenham and Juventus.

Spurs are preparing a £3 million bid for Jankulovski, while Juve are yet to make concrete their interest.

Inter coach Roberto Mancini is ready to offer defender Giovanni Pasquale plus £4 million for Jankulovski.

source= tribalfootball :dielaugh: :rolleyes: ;)

Anonymous
06 May 05, 12:06
Inter are still after a leftback who would you all rather have filling this spot. Alot of you seem to hold Potenza in high esteem (unfortunately I have never seen him) I really fancy R.Carlos but it doesn't look like he is leaving REAL. :depress:

K2
06 May 05, 12:25
I would agree with Adriano ... Inter have to start selling players, we have too many players who have high salaries and offer little or nothing in terms of squad strength.

Favalli, Matrix, CZ, Cruz/Vieri/Recoba, Karagouns, Davids, VDM can all be sold ... n they should be sold b4 its too late when their value is reduced.

Potenza is one for the future .. though i have never seen him play .. have heard a lot about him. Coco should be able to make it next season.

Frisko
06 May 05, 17:39
Favalli, Matrix, CZ, Cruz/Vieri/Recoba, Karagouns, Davids, VDM can all be sold ... n they should be sold b4 its too late when their value is reduced.
Coco should be able to make it next season.

Favalli: Keep
Matrix: Keep
CZ: I hope you're kidding me. Keep and extend his contract another 10 years.
Cruz: Keep
Vieri: Keep
Recoba: Sell
Karagounis: Sell
Davids: Sell
VDM: Keep
Coco: pay someone to get him

Pod
06 May 05, 17:57

:eek:
Why ?Isn't it proved enought that VDM can do nothing and that Vieri's contract is ruining our club ?
Just asking ;)

Frisko
06 May 05, 18:25

Why ?Isn't it proved enought that VDM can do nothing and that Vieri's contract is ruining our club ?
Just asking ;)

VDM had many good games this season.

Vieri could take a pay cut and end his career with us. I'm sure he'd do it, he loves Inter, Moratti, Mancini.

SB9Dragon
06 May 05, 20:02
My thoughts on the players mentioned by Frisko...

Favalli: Sell
Matrix: Sell
CZ: Keep
Cruz: Keep
Vieri: Sell
Recoba: Sell
Karagounis: Keep
Davids: Sell
VDM: Keep (if we don't get Esposito)
Coco: Sell

sneak
07 May 05, 11:24
Has anyone even though about Karagounis as the left winger? Didn't he play that position back at Pana? It's definately worth a shot. The guys quality and sadly, we haven't been able to utilise his full potential.

K2
07 May 05, 14:12
Well i said that we can sell CZ ... coz he cannot score and with Cambiasso on song I think we can get rid of him ... I never liked him personally.

And with the squad size we would have with the kind of player Frisko wants ... we would need someone like Roman Abro

Jimmy
07 May 05, 14:16
You do realise of course that Cristiano Zanetti is a defensive midfielder and not someone who is supposed to score? His job is to be destructive, not creative. To sell him based on that he can't score, would be weird.

Pravesh
07 May 05, 14:23
You do realise of course that Cristiano Zanetti is a defensive midfielder and not someone who is supposed to score? His job is to be destructive, not creative. To sell him based on that he can't score, would be weird.

Indeed. I would be happy if we keep C.Zanetti, but not to start alongside Cambiasso. He can be the back up player for Cambiasso's position. :stuckup:

K2
07 May 05, 14:25
I do realise that ... and I think that Cambiasso is a better ball winner than CZ ... and not as selfish as CZ. CZ tries to go for the glory on so many occasions and fails ... whereas Cambiasso does score because he present at the right place at the right time. The work rate of Cambiasso is much better than that of CZ.

Jimmy
07 May 05, 14:28
Cambiasso is naturally a two-way midfielder while Cristiano has always been a pure ballwinner. Of course, Cambiasso will go forward more! And especially as Mancini also uses this tactic. Cambiasso goes forward and Cristiano covers up. Hence you'll not see Cristiano outside the penalty box.

K2
07 May 05, 14:32
I do not still see CZ fit in the squad .. he is not that good really ... we can work with someone who is pure central midfielder rather than just a ball winner ... even Emre is better than him :dielaugh: ... j/k

Anonymous
07 May 05, 15:48
I have always been a major critic of CZ but this season his form has improved and he has put in some good performances. I was particularly impressed with his Milan derby performance that is in Serie A though.

Frisko
07 May 05, 15:50
It's clear that this season has thought some people nothing :rolleyes:

K2
08 May 05, 18:22
CZ could work well this season only because he had Cambiasso in such excellent form. Alone he would be a nightmare ... seriously even though i may incur the wrath of Capitano again ;)

Opeum
09 May 05, 08:20
why in the hell we want left back anymore?? inter probably have the most left legger players in the world...

coco are one of the best left back player initaly and the world...so, why want more if u already have it? don be so greedey and it would be bargain too buy too many LB player....

catanha
09 May 05, 08:44
Was it just me, or did Kily put in a better than decent performance at left back in the second half last evening?

:D

snake
09 May 05, 09:15
Was it just me, or did Kily put in a better than decent performance at left back in the second half last evening?

lol to be fair, Brescia did very little atacking.

especially down the wings, they did nothing. They playd practically 1 striker which Kily had nothing to do with, but i counted 2wice he was caught out of position.

Ronald
09 May 05, 10:22
we can't sell Favalli since we just bought him.

you sure you're an Inter fan, or are you new here? :confused:

El Chino Recoba
09 May 05, 10:23
The left back for PSV would be a good buy methinks, Lee

Ari
09 May 05, 10:41
We can continue with Favalli. I'm confident he can do the job. If we want more than just doing his part then we'll have to look elsewhere.

K2
09 May 05, 10:59
I think we have ample cover on the left with Favalli, Coco and Potenza ... we need probably two solid central defenders along with Cordoba ... i say sell both Matrix and Miha ...

primo-inter
09 May 05, 12:07
We can't sell Miha because..
a.) nobody wants him
b.) he's out of contract

A left-back I wouldn't mind having would be Fabio Aurelio, he's impressed me from what I've seen but am I wrong?

Dede would be good. Chelsea wants him so he must be a good player. ;)

Mikkel
09 May 05, 12:26
Even though I don't like Matrix I think we have to keep him atleast one more season. Since there are too many players leaving this summer no need to make the list even bigger.

And I'm not sure we need Dede, I think we'll have to get one from our own rank, like Potenza, since we don't have that much money, and the money we have should be spent on a good and relible CB. "not to old though"

Gismo
09 May 05, 12:29
Aurelio is a good player. I just doubt he'll leave Valencia.

intermilansg
09 May 05, 13:37
The latest News I heard is that Dede is heading for Chelsea. It seems that Chelsea has send their guys over to conduct talks with him.

Anonymous
09 May 05, 14:29
Dede: Chelsea Have Been In Contact
5/9/2005 12:07:00 PM
Borussia Dortmund left-back Dede has claimed that Chelsea have contacted him over a possible move.
"I had been in contact with them twice, the first one was one-and-a-half months ago and the second one about two weeks ago," the 27-year-old told Bild.

"In order to play in England I must have played in three quarters of Brazil’s international games or hold an EU-passport and I can’t offer that, but Chelsea claimed that they’d look for ways to naturalise me in Germany.

"Chelsea wanted to call me again - and inform Dortmund about their interest, but I haven’t heard anything from them ever since."

Hammoudi
09 May 05, 14:32
So what are Chelsea going to do???

I bet in two days Dede will be a Russian citizen, and will go by the name Dediev.

Javier Zanetti
09 May 05, 14:32
The left back for PSV would be a good buy methinks, Lee
I agree ,I don't think they would sell him though because they have quite a lot of money and Hiddink already said only Van Bommel will leave them.

primo-inter
09 May 05, 14:49
So what are Chelsea going to do???

I bet in two days Dede will be a Russian citizen, and will go by the name Dediev.

LOL :dielaugh:

Frisko
09 May 05, 17:03
we can't sell Favalli since we just bought him.

you sure you're an Inter fan, or are you new here? :confused:

I don't know where the heck you got that Ronald, but I surely didn't write it... :confused:

Ronald
09 May 05, 21:12
you sure did, go back to page 1 ;)

snake
10 May 05, 01:49
my name is Francesco and i love Mourinho and AC :eek: lol you sure do mate.

Ari
10 May 05, 05:53
East or west. Juve is best.

K2
10 May 05, 11:24
Methinks this is a Nerazzurri forum ... so all milanmaniacs and juvetinas. STAY OUT :fero:

Anonymous
10 May 05, 11:49
Inter on the defensive
Tuesday 10 May, 2005
Roma defender Cristian Chivu is today being named as Inter’s primary summer transfer objective.

The Nerazzurri are set to refresh their central defensive options as Sinisa Mihajlovic and Carlos Gamarra will leave once their contracts expire in June.

Argentine international Nicolas Burdisso is also expected to return to Boca Juniors on loan after struggling to settle in Serie A.

That leaves the San Siro giants with just Ivan Cordoba and Marco Materazzi, a player who boss Roberto Mancini seems to still have doubts over.

Chivu has been linked with the Nerazzurri for some time and a bid of £8m is believed to have already been rejected by the Giallorossi.

But whispers suggest that Inter will make a new offer once this season comes to an end.

Chivu had previously stated that he would remain with the Stadio Olimpico outfit but may reconsider his options given their nightmare campaign.

Yet if he was made available for transfer, Inter would face some stiff opposition from Juventus for his signature.

Other possible arrivals include Bayern Munich’s Samuel Kuffour and Uruguayan stopper Diego Lugano, who plays for Sao Paulo.

Kuffour, 28, is available on a free transfer, while Lugano could be netted for as little as £2.5m.

scutzon
10 May 05, 12:41
Does that mean Materazzi will say instead of Mihajlovic? :eek:

It's good that we have apparently, put Chivu as our primary target. We should definitely get a good defender. But wouldn't it be a better idea to keep Mihajlovic instead of Materazzi. Or maybe even Gamarra, and sell both Materazzi and Mihajlovic, since Gamarra is willing to sit on the bench.

K2
10 May 05, 14:15
would agree with scutzon on this one .. Miha over Matrix ... but i think chivu wouldn't alone be enough ... ideally we need one full time and one bench CD ... Coco n Favalli alongwith Potenza have the left covered IMO

Frisko
10 May 05, 18:23
you sure did, go back to page 1 ;)

Yeah you're right, I did say that we can't sell Favalli because we just bought him... in August 2004!!!!! You made it sound like I said it yesterday!!

And Ari, please don't do the fake quote thing, people browsing the thread quickly might actually think I said it. Thanks.

snake
11 May 05, 03:00
its all play frisko ;) dont be a stiffler

Anonymous
11 May 05, 12:38
Well, maybe if Inter but Gilardino they maybe able to get Bonera. I have not seen much of him what do you lot reckon.

Anonymous
15 May 05, 09:41
Italian Football

Inter Milan to offer Recoba in bid for Liverpool's Riise
tribalfootball.com - May 14, 2005

Liverpool wing-back John Arne Riise is interesting Inter Milan.

Click here to claim your free Jessica Simpson screensaver!
Inter coach Roberto Mancini is desperate to find a solution to his problems on the left-side of his midfield and has turned his attentions to Norway international Riise.

Riise is off contract in 2007 and its understood Inter supremo Massimo Moratti is prepared to tempt Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez by offering Alvaro Recoba in part-exchange for the left-sided wing-back.

Mikkel
15 May 05, 09:51
Tribal= Bull shit ;)

InterFCAustin
19 May 05, 04:47
has anybody watched pasquale's games?..cuz i havent...how is he doing?..should we gice him a chance next season?

Alex de Large
19 May 05, 12:48
i heard juve it's going to get Parisi for next season, why don't we try to get chiellini... maybe fiorentina goes to serie B and he dont wanna return to juve as a backup.

Pravesh
19 May 05, 15:31
i heard juve it's going to get Parisi for next season, why don't we try to get chiellini... maybe fiorentina goes to serie B and he dont wanna return to juve as a backup.

Chiellini - dun have any hopes, if I am not wrong. I really doubt we would get him, from a team like JUVENTUS !! Inter's different, as we give our best players to other teams who would then help them to make their team perfect.

It would be great to have him though. Btw, Parisi will tour Asia with the Juventus team. It doesn't mean that they will sign him, but it will be kinda experimental. Can't inter also do the same thing ??

primo-inter
19 May 05, 15:44
phew......... so we aren't getting Riise! I'd hate to see him play for us. He has the potential to be another Gresko... God help us.

I admire Riise as a Liverpool player, but for Inter.. no way.

Chiellini would be really good, but let's stop dreaming. He'll never come unfortunately.

It's a real shame Burdisso can't be with us for a while. We'll have to monitor his performances for Boca (live CL on sport italia).

Favalli isn't so bad though. He use to be an Italian international, let's not forget.

NeRanZurri
19 May 05, 15:57
Yeah but Favalli isn't gettin any younger and he is pretty old.. :depress:

Mikkel
19 May 05, 16:19
Like the rest of our defence

Favalli 33
Gamarra 34
Matrix 31
Mihaj 36
J.Zanatti 30
Ze Maria 30

And then we have

Burdisso 24
Coco 28
Cordoba 28

So whether we like it or not a revolution will come very soon, if it dos not happend this summer then it will probertly be the next.

Ziyad
19 May 05, 16:33
One young player every year doesnt constitute a revolution...Plus it will help the club in transitioning easily and smoothly.We just need to invest in the future from now and not wait till last minute.

Mikkel
19 May 05, 16:43
Burdisso won't come back after his spell in SA.
He will be sold thats for sure.

Coco will be sold or released

So that means that we won't have any young defenders next term.

NeRanZurri
19 May 05, 17:33
And also that mean's that we have no other choice but bringing more Young defenders, cause Gamarra, Favalli and Miha dosent got at that age the skills for make our defence better by as the season's go on, and dosen't have the skills to win the scudetto or the CL.

Opeum
22 May 05, 07:07
when i read all of the thread in this forum,it make me realise that inter management is so dumb and dumber....why in the hell we buy a player that at 1st they thought was good but then sell them when the player's performance drop.???? i think Emre was right...he once said in an interview that this club, Inter Milan doesn't have the patience to be succesful. Inter just buy,buy and buy lousy players...and sale,sale sale top player good players... and then the management expetation for the season is the scudetto.how can we win the scudetoo if we didnt have the quality player????

Kakaroto
30 Jan 18, 04:22
There is no dilema. We have Sensei Nagatomosan.

A.l.i
30 Jan 18, 06:57
FORZA Left back crisis FOREVER.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demenza Senile
30 Jan 18, 18:54
when i read all of the thread in this forum,it make me realise that inter management is so dumb and dumber....why in the hell we buy a player that at 1st they thought was good but then sell them when the player's performance drop.???? i think Emre was right...he once said in an interview that this club, Inter Milan doesn't have the patience to be succesful. Inter just buy,buy and buy lousy players...and sale,sale sale top player good players... and then the management expetation for the season is the scudetto.how can we win the scudetoo if we didnt have the quality player????

Did Emre really say that?This is so true even now.The mgmt was "dumb and dumber" back then and it is now too.Outside of the 2009-10 season we have been extremely stupid throughout.If we buy young players then they need to be played even if they make mistakes and we need to trust them more.There is a high probability Wow Mario and Brozovic on being sold will turn into beasts and we will end up regretting it like we did recently with Coutinho.

Kakaroto
01 Feb 18, 05:53
There is no dilema. We have Sensei Nagatomosan.

Spoke too soon.

Matrix_invincible
01 Feb 18, 07:48
Just try Dalbert, at least we paid 20m for him..

ElDiego22
01 Feb 18, 08:54
#bringbacktelles

Azul
01 Feb 18, 11:59
#bringbacktelles

12 Assists so far for the corner kick wizard, 30M it´s a deal.

ScottishInterista
01 Feb 18, 14:03
12 Assists so far for the corner kick wizard, 30M it´s a deal.

Fuck sake.

Hasan
01 Feb 18, 22:34
Dambrosio or Dalbert should play there, please don't push Cancelo on the left again. He's just to valuable on the right side.

Wallace
01 Feb 18, 23:05
Fuck sake.

Nah, He’s a shit player coz Mancini said so, he belongs to Turkish league.

We will just stick with our new Roberto Carlos in Dalbert, thanks.

ADRossi
02 Feb 18, 01:32
While Telles was decent here, let's please not act like him ripping up a Mickey Mouse league is somehow further reason we should have bought him

Pharaoh
02 Feb 18, 03:15
While Telles was decent here, let's please not act like him ripping up a Mickey Mouse league is somehow further reason we should have bought him

He was our best option though. And now that Porto bought him is just adding insult to injury IMO. That's why people are acting like they are.

Wallace
02 Feb 18, 18:39
His rise was predictable from the type of performances he was putting in for us. If he’s a somewhat decent left back for us, he would probably be a world beater once he gets out.

His price was 6mil, and has proven to be useful constantly with us. But somehow it would be wiser to splash out 25mil on a guy who we know nothing about other than being a fast offensive typical Brazilian left back, that he’s apparently not.

There were plenty of good reasons to get Telles, if you hate people telling you in hindsight then I suggest you look back in time to see people literally shouting in the ears of our retarded management to get him. It was a blatantly easy deal to make that would make them look somewhat competent and somehow somewhere along the ride someone screwed it up.

Azul
05 Feb 18, 11:18
Tbf this is the first season when he´s looking great, last season he was good made a lot of assists as well but also made a lot of dumb mistakes that cost us point in the last games of the season that ultimately made us loss the league, not by his actions alone by any means but it contributed, same for the 1st leg of the CL match against Jube when he received 2 yellows in 1 minutes and we had to play 70´down to 10 players.

This season he seems much more consistent defensively without losing his focus on the attack. He also stopped receiving yellow cards for unnecessary fouls and only has 2 yellows in 32 matches. His stamina is immense, he runs all match and is never subbed and there´s hardly any rotation in his spot.

As a curious final note he made 3 more assists this sunday on our though 3-1 win against Braga (4th in the league).

Kakaroto
25 Jul 19, 01:41
Dalbert our savior like the Phoenix bird returns to glory from the ashes?

nutsncider
25 Jul 19, 02:09
Asamoah will be starter. A good one at that.

ADRossi
25 Jul 19, 02:50
Asamoah was serviceable. He's not good enough to start 35 games at LB for a Scudetto winning team.

Tsuna
25 Jul 19, 04:35
Who said we’re a Scudetto winning team?

Universe
25 Jul 19, 05:09
please stop digging up old threads

Puma
25 Jul 19, 05:59
I thought Asamoah was okay last season but there were times when he crucially lapsed or made silly mistakes. Those mistakes were not in every game but I feel that he is slowing down and will struggle to play a full season. I am not saying that he should not be a starter but he is going to need someone to help him share the work load at left back because he certainly cannot do it by himself.

wera
25 Jul 19, 07:14
our left side will be our main weakness this season, I doubt we are bringing anybody instead of Dalbert and Asamoah.

Bluenine
25 Jul 19, 09:03
Asamoah can definitely work in Conte's system. Some of his mistakes last season will now not be such a problem with 3 CBs. He is the only player in the squad who understands Conte's system very well. Conte bought him at Juventus and converted him into a wing back. It was Allegri who made him into a bench player because he was more suited as a wing back and less as a fullback.

Asamoah will have more freedom to attack now in his familiar role, and I am actually more confident about his ability than Lazaro. The only question is how much gas he has left in the tank, specially after the African Cup of Nations. So we do need a 2nd option who is (much) better than Dalbert.

n4l
25 Jul 19, 10:35
our left side will be our main weakness this season, I doubt we are bringing anybody instead of Dalbert and Asamoah.

Our right side will definitely be worse. We don't have a single capable player for RWB, unless we stick dumbo there.

Kakaroto
25 Jul 19, 11:54

No

M.Adnan
25 Jul 19, 13:12

It's a valid thread though. :D It's been opened in 2004 and we're still discussing the same topic here in 2019.

brehme1989
25 Jul 19, 15:01
Should have been opened in 1992.