PDA

View Full Version : Deco

Alex de Large
21 Aug 07, 00:05
The market is closed, but if someone comes it's gonna be him.

Add a pol please.

Yes

No

I don't know.

cloudq
21 Aug 07, 04:12
Yes!

bennyblanco
21 Aug 07, 04:36
no To Deco

Yes To Messi

M.Adnan
21 Aug 07, 05:08
Deco in Inter? No.

Suneet
21 Aug 07, 09:02
No ways.

Marcello
21 Aug 07, 11:36
Deco to Inter? *Opens Arms*

INTER
21 Aug 07, 11:40
I would prefer either Deco or Quaresma but after I read an article about Moratti in which he clearly shows his intentions (that of not bringing any other player), I doubt that we will get something until next week.

bugojanac
21 Aug 07, 12:11
NO

he is selfish, slow and he is at age of 30

Stefan
21 Aug 07, 17:17
No. I am happy with the current team. With Nasri/Messi it would be different.

ILuvInter
22 Aug 07, 07:40
WE WANT DECO!!!!

I'd surely want a poll myself !!

Hasan
22 Aug 07, 07:48
WE WANT DECO!!!!

NO WE DON'T!

Choppin Onions
22 Aug 07, 08:00
While I am quite worried about the creativity in the midfield (Deco would surely add some) I'm gonna have to say no only because we have already too many midfielders that simply won't accept the bench, week in and week out if Deco were to come.

Hopefully the reinforcements come next year when Figo and hopefully Vieira are gone.

A.l.i
22 Aug 07, 09:21
Next Year Messi will be an Inter player hopefully

Wallace
22 Aug 07, 09:39
No way!!! Quaresma FTW!! :P

Messi is just a dream guys, let's be realistic here, if Moratti did not splash cash out during the centenary year, why would he do it next season?

interlab
22 Aug 07, 10:05
no Deco yes Nasriiii

ILuvInter
22 Aug 07, 13:22
Guys , A thought just passed by me now...

We loan Deco for a year then get Nasri next year !!! we have to be creative....our squad is fine but rely alot on Ibra...what if he get injured??? who's gonna open spaces and provide those killer passes ???

Besdies , i i don't want Quaresma...not proven yet in serie a plus a 2nd figo !! not a true play-maker !!

wyze
22 Aug 07, 13:51
No to Deco YES to Nasri

Azzkikr
22 Aug 07, 15:34
Deco? sure. Diego would be the best option tho.

But nothing will come anyways, except more ridiculous excuses when get humiliated in the cl yet again.

The_Emperor
22 Aug 07, 15:45
Yes, I doubt Deco will come.

And about the cl, don't be so negative. I never thought BBilan would win, and then they actually won. We all might get surprised.

Azzkikr
22 Aug 07, 15:56
Yea well i might get surprised, i might also win the lottery, infact the probability of me becomming a lottery millionaire is higher than inter winning the cl with this poorly balanced team with such insane lack of speed and creativity.

Frisko
22 Aug 07, 16:08
No Deco, yes Messi, yes Riquelme.

neointerista
22 Aug 07, 19:56
I saw the Armenia - Portugal game today because I would get the chance of maybe seeing Deco and Quaresma play side by side, and see who may be better. And honestly, Quaresma is better. Way better. Free kicks, passes and creativity wise, he's incredible. Deco is good, but not as good. IMHO of course. :)

cloudq
22 Aug 07, 22:50
and howd they go defending?

did you watch out for their defensive work? or did armenia just let portugal attack for 90 minutes?

neointerista
22 Aug 07, 23:24

did you watch out for their defensive work? or did armenia just let portugal attack for 90 minutes?

Actually Armenia drew with Portugal, and apart from a couple of slip ups, their defence was pretty good.

bennyblanco
23 Aug 07, 03:40
this thread is going nowhere,

Deco's game doesnt suit Inter,Messi's does

we can accomodate Messi's game we cant Decos',we will die for Messi's imagination,

Noone has said that Deco is a shit player,or denied his glorious past,
i just dont believe he would add much to Inter that our game needs

the question of the poll should be,

"Would Deco's style improve Inter",?

bjwam4
23 Aug 07, 04:31
Please stop talking about Messi. It's not gonna happen.

bennyblanco
23 Aug 07, 04:47
Please stop talking about Messi. It's not gonna happen.

i beg to differ bjwam4,it mighnt not happen this year
and i remember people saying that about Ronaldo;)

bennyblanco
23 Aug 07, 04:51

yeah i watched the game aswell,they went shit @defending

Armenia should have beaten them because of their BAD defensive work

No Armenia didnt let Portugal attack for the full 90 mins,not even 30 minutes

portugal attacked for an estimated 27 minutes,43 seconds to be exact

Armenia were the slightly better team and if it wasnt for some shonky refeering ,that assisted the average portuguese defence on numerous occasions it could have ended better for the Armenians

i sent lito an instant sms,as he is armenian and he told me the Armenians treated the portuguese defence with little respect,i told him the same thing

even my father inlaw who is portuguese said that they never defended so poorly,

all in all Cloud 9,portugal has a shonky defence

ILuvInter
23 Aug 07, 10:43
No Deco, yes Messi, yes Riquelme.

why not deco ??? Forget messi and riqi is an option but he is average at times....

K.I.
23 Aug 07, 10:54
if it was up to me i would go for either riquelme or veron.

bjwam4
23 Aug 07, 13:32
If we went for Veron I would personally go to Milan and woop Mancini's ass.

A.l.i
23 Aug 07, 13:34
if it was up to me i would go for either riquelme or veron.

No veron please, every player has his time and TBH our system doesnt need a ' Veron '

Thug_Paco
23 Aug 07, 15:25
http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=25&a=52037

It says on the 29th we face Barca and that date has been set by us to try to move for Deco. After signing Chivu, I remember Marco Branca saying our transfer market is closed untill the 29th, after that anything can happen in the last 2 days. Could we really be preparing a move?

I doubt it tough, this is probably just some media bullshit seeing that the rumour has been reported by Corriere dello Sport and Moratti has mentioned 3 times after Branca's words that our market is closed. So me is not expecting anything to happen, and me is hoping we quit dreaming about a new playmaker and concentrate on our current squad and current playmakers (Figo, Jimenez).

K.I.
23 Aug 07, 20:07
People can say all they want about veron but that doesnt chance the fact that he is still a useful player and if he comes to us he would be cheap and he would give us plenty of options.

Handoyo
24 Aug 07, 07:39
I wouldn't take Veron even if he pays us 10 million. The Scudetto is worth much more than that.

cloudq
24 Aug 07, 07:46
the system doesnt need a veron or a riquelme

we need someone who can play sharp, quick one-touch passes in and around the box with constant physical pressure being applied, and still be good enough off the ball than with

sergiu.inter
27 Aug 07, 17:41
i think deco might be useful for 1-2seasons max but i would also buy quaresma :D he is really great.

Gasparroni
29 Aug 07, 18:05
I would like to see Deco come to Inter. The chance to get him is now, he is a bit unhappy because he dont want to end up on the bench, wich seems to become to situation for him now.
After tonights game there might be a change to make some more talks about him. I think he actually will not leave Barcelona, but we can always try it.
Its clearly that we need a bit more strong players in our mitfield, and i wouldnt mind to see Deco coming.
Who wouldnt like to see this mitfield?:

Zanetti----------Vieira----------Stankovic
-----------------Deco-------------------

It would be very powerfull, and our mitfield might even be better then the mitfield from AC Milan. I hope this will not only be a dream but i hope Inter will try to get Deco, it wouldnt be a wrong choice.

cloudq
29 Aug 07, 19:15
Inter Milan scout Suarez: Deco would be perfect addition
tribalfooball.com - August 29, 2007
http://tribalfootball.com/images2/spacer.gif
Inter Milan scout Luis Suarez admits Barcelona midfielder Deco would be a great signing for the Serie A champs. "Deco is a great player and would be a great signing. He would fit perfectly and be a great reinforcement, but he is at a great club and I do not believe that he will leave," said Suarez.

this is coming from the great luis suarez as well

UhUhOleguer
29 Aug 07, 19:32
he is the same luis suarez, no??

well..if you get Deco, I will put 15 Euros on you winning CL.

But, the rumours about Deco were spread by some papers in Barcelona who simply don't like Deco. And we saw in the Santander game, that although Iniesta is maybe promising, he is not Deco, because Deco is still the boss.
So I don't think that Barca will sell, specially as without him, we will run out of midfields.

INTER
29 Aug 07, 22:23
I sincerely don't think that the game against barca was the pre-presentation of him coming to INTER

Efrain21C
29 Aug 07, 22:37
Deco was wearing our inter shirt today.. after the game.. it was good lol

snake
30 Aug 07, 00:02
deco is so not needed. We have about 4 players who can play there. and if you ask me, Burdisso might knock him one after this game.

bennyblanco
30 Aug 07, 05:26
mehdi do you think Deco would adapt to the Inter midfield?you havent been posting regarding this issue

i mean 15 Euros isnt really confidence building stuff mate:P ,

seriously, what do you think and why?and where would you play him?

Gasparroni
30 Aug 07, 11:05
I found this on a website, it would be a shame because i would like to see a player like Deco coming:

SUAREZ, I don't think Deco will leave Barça

Inter Milan scout Luis Suarez admits Barcelona midfielder Deco would be a great signing for the Serie A champs. "Deco is a great player and would be a great signing. He would fit perfectly and be a great reinforcement, but he is at a great club and I do not believe that he will leave," said Suarez.

IbraHimoVic
30 Aug 07, 12:09
Deco will be such a good signing .

Gasparroni
30 Aug 07, 12:12
Deco will be such a good signing .Indeed, but im affraid it wont happend:(

It would be a dream for every Inter fan to see this mitfield this season:

Zanetti--------------Vieira-------------Stankovic
---------------------Deco----------------------

Alex de Large
30 Aug 07, 12:24
Cambiasso instead of Paddy better :)

INTER
30 Aug 07, 13:55
You won't see Vieira playing a lot this season that's for sure

Gasparroni
30 Aug 07, 14:33
You won't see Vieira playing a lot this season that's for sureIm affraid not, but he is really needed....and im also not sure if Cambiasso will play every match, he is also pretty sensative for injury's. The problem is when both players cant play we really have a problem, thats why i would like to see a really good mitfielder coming. We always face a difficult match without Vieira AND Cambiasso:(

INTER
30 Aug 07, 15:03
We always face a difficult match without Vieira AND Cambiasso:(

True indeed unfortunately :rolleyes:

AntonTheGreat
30 Aug 07, 15:18
Thats cuz i think inter relies too much on viera and cambiasso's overall ability and versatility. Our team day in and out can rely on them on defense and to help out on offense. We need a devoted attacking mid, and deco wouldnt be my first choice, but he's on top 3 of my list. Also i love his set pieces, always dangerous.

neointerista
30 Aug 07, 17:45
So any news on this guy? It's all gone quiet since last night.

The_Emperor
30 Aug 07, 17:51
No news, because it's not going to happen:(

Azzkikr
30 Aug 07, 18:51
Nope, to bad. Could have helped us alot to struggle less in serie a.

AntonTheGreat
30 Aug 07, 18:56
you really hate inter. I bet you would be praisin inters feet if they won the supercoppa and udinese. Take your time and let them reach form. If you were an inter fan you would never say some things you do, especially negative predictions against your team

Azzkikr
30 Aug 07, 19:08
Its called being realistic.

Time to reach form? Thats what the preseason is for, but we wasted that a away like a bunch of amatuers.

Our summer has been a total failure, both in the preseason, the first serie a game, super cup, mancinis way of handling the preseason, didnt fix our midfield issues with lacking speed/creativity and ofc our close to ridiculous transfers, useless players all over for a team with out stature and ambition.

I find it sad that a club of inters stature manages to completely fail in every aspect of what was important to do and how to do it this summer.

CL is out of the question, serie a is possible but hardly plausible givin the strengh of the league, how other have managed to improve and how we havent.

AntonTheGreat
30 Aug 07, 19:15
we didnt need much improovement. Creativity is still a factor, but we won the league by 22 points without it. Even with stronger teams i dont see creativity screwin our team enough not to win. The cl will be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry difficult, but not nearly imposible to reach the finals, if we come first seed, we will most likely play a worse team then us.(i know we have bad luck) but a win against that sucky team (if sucky) and bam we are in the last 8, now momentum hits us, morale is high, a nice win against a good team, and now we are in the final 4 and hopefully ready for that team, after that who knows lol

Thats just a story by antonio for you, hope it works out like that haha

INTER
30 Aug 07, 19:32
Guys you need to calm down :D

neointerista
30 Aug 07, 20:54
http://goal.com/it/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=399253

here's some news:

Basically it says that Deco could arrive with the sale of Adriano (which now Oriali said he's not going to be sold at least for now) and Recoba (who's most probably going to Torino in the next couple of days). However, it's kind of difficult to do this tough transfer especially in two days. With Rijkaard not being convinced of xavi-iniesta relative to having deco on the field. However he could come down in January maybe. Also another problem is Deco's release clause is 75 mill and wanted to up his pay from 5 to 6 (Chelsea told him to **** off since then lol), however that might change with his need to get out of Barca.

mike_inter
13 May 08, 17:34
According to today's El Mundo Deportivo,Deco intends to leave Camp Nou this summer(Laporta has already given his OK for this exit) and will join one of the Milan based clubs..
The midfielder believes that he has finished his cycle in Barca..

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20080513/noticia_53464081092.html

Luka
13 May 08, 17:58
I hope it will be Bilan, and we will snatch Diego instead.

lonewolf19
14 May 08, 02:25
I hope it will be Bilan, and we will snatch Diego instead.

No way. We should get Deco here if Barca is thinking of a clean out.

Luka
14 May 08, 06:48
So you think 31 year old Deco is better player for us than 23 year old Diego ?

Because buying the two is out of the question.

Choppin Onions
14 May 08, 06:54
Deco seems more realistic. Last I heard, Diego is going Madrid... and it ain't Atletico! Deco still has good qualities to offer at 31. He's not some dried-up husk of a player.

I'd cream my man-panties if we did get Diego but I don't see it happening.

Luka
14 May 08, 07:50
I would better want Hleb to play over there, than this guy.

Maybe it's personal thing, and he is decent, but I don't want him here. I was never an admire of his.

And also, if we have 25 Mil of pounds for Gerard, or 40 Mil Euros for Etoo, or something, why the hell we can't spent this money on the one player we need the most?

Pravesh
14 May 08, 07:50
I say Diego. I hope the past rumours of Moratti himself talking to Diego's dad and that we already are very close to signing him are true. lol. It would be great to sign a pure play-maker (Diego/?) and an attacking midfielder (Hleb) for next season.

:)

As for Deco, I don't want another Figo scenario where we buy an aged star player and then having to go to the market again to replace him coz of his injuries and fitness not allowing him to play 90mins all the time.:D

But then again, if there are no other options, I would welcome Deco. :)

tonyloo
14 May 08, 07:55
Horrible player.

CafeCordoba
14 May 08, 09:06
Deco would be a very good player if

a) if he would be a little younger which leads to

b) if he wouldn't have won so much

Hunger leads players to play better and clearly Deco doesn't have that hunger any more. He has won CL twice at different teams and also domestic championships so he doesn't have to prove anything anymore, at the same time he doesn't have the ultimate hunger to fight for the victories anymore.

Though maybe Mourinho could motivate him to success again.

Azzkikr
14 May 08, 14:50
So you think 31 year old Deco is better player for us than 23 year old Diego ?

Because buying the two is out of the question.

How so? Deco hasnt played AM since his porto days.

He has always been used as a central midfielder at barca.

Would be an excellent signing that would come fairly cheap.

The only downside of getting Deco would probably be his wage, but with Solari and co. out this summer that shouldnt be a problem.

Luka
14 May 08, 15:03
If you want him as a central midfielder, rather than trequartista, I'm even more concerned.

Anyways, it's out of the question, there isn't enough room for him. He would probably want a first team spot, and he would not be given that.

We have Cambiasso, Javier Zanetti, Vieira, Stankovic. Let's say 1 will go from them, which is still not even certain, as all 4 might remain, and where would Deco fit in ?

And if you would like Diego, so that means trequartista position filled, so Hleb moves to compete for a midfield position. Where is the room for Deco there ??

Azzkikr
14 May 08, 15:15
Hleb was not in my equation since he isnt an inter player...

It doesnt matter if all those 4 remains, they cant all play, this season has showed that they are completely useless all 3-4 together. A maximum 2 of those players can play together in midfield at a given time.

It doesnt matter who we already have, we need to change the team, anyone can see that, so the argument about "not enough room for him" is stupid since the entire point of rebuilding a team is making changes, you dont just use existing players in new roles...

Deco would be excellent with diego/hleb infront and two of the players you mentioned on both sides of him. Or with just one of them on the side and Diarra behind them if we decide to go for him.

lonewolf19
14 May 08, 15:22
Deco To Leave Barcelona

The Portuguese international believes that the chapter of his life at Camp Nou is finished and he is looking forward to a new challenge, with various clubs maintaining an interest.

While claiming it is his decision, Deco was told by the club that he would not be part of the new look squad having failed to regain his fitness in the second half of the current campaign.

In December he announced that if the club did not win anything and things did not go as he hoped then he would look for something new: "To play for Barça is a dream that I have completed," he explained. "I came here and was successful.

"This is my fourth season and it has been fantastic overall, but we is we do not win something and things do not go wel, then I shall go."

Deco is one of the players that is reported to have abused Frank Rijkaard's lenient system of allowing players to choose their own schedule and he was warned about his behaviour last season.

Things did improve this term and, along with Ronaldinho, was told that he could not play again for the first team until he had returned to full fitness after missing so many sessions.

Pep Guardiola may not have taken the reins at Camp Nou yet, but he has told the board that while he recognises Deco's undoubted talent, he does not believe that the midfielder will ever return to the form he showed two years ago.

Inter and Manchester United had previously expressed an interest, but it is unlikely that the English club would make a move for him, while the Italians could still be tempted.

Alex de Large
14 May 08, 15:40
I hate to get old superstars, unfortunately Inter is knowed as that, also milan/madrid, probably, i would have made a transfer for Deco last summer, even if he costed more than now. Right now it's only a good deal if he comes for very cheap, maybe 8/10 millions, NO MORE.

Luka
14 May 08, 16:21
Hleb was not in my equation since he isnt an inter player...

It doesnt matter if all those 4 remains, they cant all play, this season has showed that they are completely useless all 3-4 together. A maximum 2 of those players can play together in midfield at a given time.

It doesnt matter who we already have, we need to change the team, anyone can see that, so the argument about "not enough room for him" is stupid since the entire point of rebuilding a team is making changes, you dont just use existing players in new roles...

Deco would be excellent with diego/hleb infront and two of the players you mentioned on both sides of him. Or with just one of them on the side and Diarra behind them if we decide to go for him.
Lets presume, we will still stay with 4-3-1-2.

The argument was the point of bringing both Diego, and Deco.

If Diego would come, then we can both agree he will be starter trequartista. That leaves 3 positions in midfield.

People here don't want to see Esteban as deffensive midfielder, so lets go with it. Pele is too young, Dacourt is not starting material(if he will stay anyway), and Chivu is a deffender. Lets say we will bring Yaya/Diarra here.

That leaves us with only 2 spots free in midfield. And as I pointed out we have:

Esteban, Javier, Dejan, Patrick. Who do you want to get rid off, and with whom of them should Deco play then ?

Maicon will be a starter on the right back, and Javier will be still playing, that's for sure. So Javier has to play there as one of them. What about Patrick, Esteban ?

We won't sell the whole midfield you know, and we can't also have 5 players, who will think they should be starters.

Azzkikr
14 May 08, 17:15
Well assuming Mancini leaves, stankovic will most deffinetly leave as well. Vieira is by no means sure to stay either under a new coach either.

................cambiasso.................
.....zanetti/vieira........deco...........
..............diego/Hleb...................

Would be a great midfield. A Massive upgrade over the current one. A fine mix offensive, defensive, speed, techique, workrate, passing ability ect ect.

But idealy Zanetti should be moved to LB or RB, its his ideal positions by far. Its stupid playing a natural back in the midfield "just because he has the experience to do so", it make no sense.

And regardless of what people here wants, Cambiasso has to be a DM, its the only position he can cover fully at the highest level.

He is not good enough have any sort of influence as a "two-way midfielder" at the highest level. We have seen that many times both for Inter and for Argentina, he is simply to slow and poor with the ball and too poor a passer to be able to contribute to any sort buildup play that can be effective at the highest level, he can in the slow serie a against shit teams, but thats hardly a valid argument.

Luka
14 May 08, 18:22
How about your line-up, with Hleb in Deco position, and Deco going to Bilan or whatever.

I have a grudge against this guy on some personal level, I can't explain it, but I would be really dissapointed if we would sign him.

alvaro
14 May 08, 18:48
Zanetti has to play somewhere (Mancio doesnt have the balls to bench him), thats why he's occupying the MC position. It's to be seen if Mourinho (!) will play him there or switch him to LB. Maicon shouldn't be touched. Then again Mourinho might bench Zanetti, who knows.

Azzkikr
14 May 08, 19:06
How about your line-up, with Hleb in Deco position, and Deco going to Bilan or whatever.

I have a grudge against this guy on some personal level, I can't explain it, but I would be really dissapointed if we would sign him.

Deco is a way superior passer and playmaker to Hleb, Hleb is quick, great dribbler and can make the quick one-two's and through passes near their the edge of their box, but as a player Deco has far superior vision and passing and make distribute the ball much better from the central midfield, and thats why i would pick him any day for that position over Hleb.

AntonTheGreat
14 May 08, 19:27
Deco is skilled no dought about it. Shit he could very well be the type of player we are lackin. I don;t want him to be our only big signing. If he comes cheap and with little hype i'll take him. But i think he just may choke at inter and not possess half the skill that made his name so known.

Forza ragazzi
14 May 08, 19:46
We must have back-ups and there will be rotation no matter what.

lonewolf19
15 May 08, 04:23
Get him to replace Figo. He still have at least 2-3 good years in front of him. As long as hes cheap and Barca want to offload him.

I agree he shouldnt be the only signing for our AM section. Him and another top top AM and we are good to go. I know everyone wants Chuchu to play in CM instead of DM but please remember AM is top priority. We need at least two good AM for next season and if we end up spending mostly there, I wudnt mind sacrificing chuchu to play DM again next season.

rockball
15 May 08, 05:14
................cambiasso.................
.....zanetti/vieira........deco...........
..............diego/Hleb...................

I like that midfield. But it would leave us a bit vulnerable in defence since there isn't a natutal game breaker like Diarra. A part of our problem is trying to keep Capitano and Cuchu in the starting lineup.

Luka
15 May 08, 08:55
Deco is a way superior passer and playmaker to Hleb, Hleb is quick, great dribbler and can make the quick one-two's and through passes near their the edge of their box, but as a player Deco has far superior vision and passing and make distribute the ball much better from the central midfield, and thats why i would pick him any day for that position over Hleb.
He is not as good in defence though, and that's what I'm pointing at.

Hleb has a lot of aggresivness, and determination in that position. Deco is more of a offensive midfielder to me.

I agree we need more creativity in midfield, but Deco there, would be too risky for me. He is no two way midfielder, he is too fragile. I don't feel comfortable seeing him there deffending, where we all know is a lot different than in Spain. It works there, but I don't think it would in Italy.

I don't want him here, either it would be for a midfield or trequartista position.

CafeCordoba
15 May 08, 10:18
He is not as good in defence though, and that's what I'm pointing at.

Hleb has a lot of aggresivness, and determination in that position. Deco is more of a offensive midfielder to me.

I agree we need more creativity in midfield, but Deco there, would be too risky for me. He is no two way midfielder, he is too fragile. I don't feel comfortable seeing him there deffending, where we all know is a lot different than in Spain. It works there, but I don't think it would in Italy.

I don't want him here, either it would be for a midfield or trequartista position.

I don't agree on that Deco-Hleb part. I mean, Deco is quite effective as central midfielder, which position he has played at Barca in these years (specially those successful seasons). He isn't a pure AM, he can be effective at defensive plays.

But like I said earlier, I suspect his hunger. Lack of hunger usually decreases the defensive aspect of the player's gameplay if the player is a creative one like Deco.

Azzkikr
15 May 08, 14:48
I don't agree on that Deco-Hleb part. I mean, Deco is quite effective as central midfielder, which position he has played at Barca in these years (specially those successful seasons). He isn't a pure AM, he can be effective at defensive plays.

Completely true.

I dont know what you have been smoking Luka but Deco helps out alot more in defense than Hleb, Hleb basicly does nothing in his own half.

I like that midfield. But it would leave us a bit vulnerable in defence since there isn't a natutal game breaker like Diarra. A part of our problem is trying to keep Capitano and Cuchu in the starting lineup.

Why would it, as ive said a million times both cambiassos and Zanettis greatest assests are in the defensive appartment. You dont need 4 defensive players in midfield to play effective defensive play, being able to hold the ball and effectively move the ball forward and pass it around while being under pressure more than makes up for lack of more defensive ability, you can have all the defensive power in the world in midfield (like we have had) but if you can move the ball around while under pressure it doesnt do any good at all. Just look at United, they dont play a single player in midfield who is primarily a defensive player, yet they succed at relieving pressure because they are good and skillfull enough to move the ball around under pressure without choking like our players do under pressure,

Same goes for basicly every other top team, being able to hold the ball and effectively passing it around while under pressure is the key to succes, and with an excessive amount defensive players in midfield like we have you can never do that and thus never succeed at the highest level.

Luka
15 May 08, 15:19
Well, anyway, I still don't want him here, even if he was as good in defense as Makelele himself.

Anyway, our discussion is pointless, as I'm almost sure, we won't see him here. Ofcourse, not everybody has to agree with me :), but it's my opinion, so I won't be dragging this topic any longer.

Who is right could be easily decided if he would come, but as I already stated, I don't think he will, so talking about it is pointless to me :>

crzdcolombian
15 May 08, 17:16
I dont feel like he would be all that expensive as he is getting old, and didnt really play this season but was a big part of Port and Barca Successes

also if Mouriho comes he will want him

Luka
15 May 08, 17:31
Jose is not into bringing old guys to his club.

That is one of the reasons I'm sure he won't come to our club.

brehme1989
15 May 08, 17:56
edit

lonewolf19
15 May 08, 23:46
Deco hopes to play in England or Italy next season after revealing he has been told by Barcelona he can leave the Nou Camp.

The Portugal international, who joined Barca from Porto in 2004, has a contract until 2010 but said on Thursday that the Catalan giants had told his agent he was free to find himself a new club.

'The club spoke with my representative and I know that there are offers, I am going to negotiate. I don't want to leave Barca with problems,' Deco said at a promotional event on Thursday.

'Barca people come and go, but the club continues, and me going is not the end of the world.

'I want to be where I am wanted and when things end up this way, it is best that you go. I thank the club for being honest with me.'

Deco insists his next step will either be the Premier League or Serie A, adding: 'I will go to England or Italy, I am sure. I won't stay in Spain because the only club that is of Barca's level is Madrid and I would never go to Madrid.'

The 30-year-old playmaker has suffered from injuries this season which have limited him to just 14 starts in Barca's 37 league games.

Barca, who complete their Primera Liga campaign this weekend, have now gone two seasons without winning any silverware and it was announced last week that reserve team manager Josep Guardiola would be replacing coach Frank Rijkaard in the Nou Camp hotseat this summer.

Luka
16 May 08, 07:09
"The 30-year-old playmaker has suffered from injuries this season which have limited him to just 14 starts in Barca's 37 league games."

Another reason why we shouldn't go for this dude.

Ajesh
16 May 08, 09:24
I just hope that we are not really going for this washed up and over rated guy.

Should probably land up in Jube with them not getting Lampard or Lampard not going to that Ghost City.

rockball
16 May 08, 10:53
Deco is not overrated. He may have his best behind him but still is a very good player. Players like Deco and Ronaldinho only need a change of atmosphere and a good motivator to do well again.

Suneet
16 May 08, 12:02
Deco is too old. We tend to buy players who are 26-27... strange.

A.l.i
16 May 08, 17:33
Deco is too old. We tend to buy players who are 26-27... strange.

Why not Dinho then??

ataturk5
16 May 08, 19:18
deco is a fraud, feigning injury and then getting blotto all the time in niteclubs. typical of the modern player, your welcome to him. "hleb an aggresive player"! now thats funny

VLE
16 May 08, 23:27
While deco does have more creativity than Hleb, his creativing level does not equal to those on the top level. Is it worth enough to earn that creativity while sticking with the same old speed? I find a need for a fast player that can effectively counter. Therefore I think hleb is a better option.

brehme1989
16 May 08, 23:30
Therefore Diego would be THE option...

tonyloo
17 May 08, 00:00
I dont want a Nedved in our team. Diego is the biggest diver around these days.

Deco is horrible, I'd compare him with Stankovic in his current state.

Hleb can stand on his feet, that makes him a better alternative than Diego.

Suneet
17 May 08, 09:07
Why not Dinho then??

Not for the price that has been rumoured.

Moreover, it depends on who is the coach next season. Mourinho wont buy Dinho.

Azzkikr
17 May 08, 09:44
Hleb can stand on his feet, that makes him a better alternative than Diego.

All brazillians like to dive... On the other hand Diego makes twice the assists and 5 times the goals pr season than hleb does and is overall better in every aspect :|

cloudq
17 May 08, 10:35
i could care less if we have divers on our team (figo, ibra)

sure its dirty, underhanded but thats because theyve managed to manipulate the "rules"

part of the player's skillset is learning what and how to draw fouls

this is especially the case if when growing up, you're not as physical as the boys around you

either you develop skills or you're pushed around on the playing field

its simply the way you've been playing growing up

Luka
17 May 08, 11:01
All brazillians like to dive... On the other hand Diego makes twice the assists and 5 times the goals pr season than hleb does and is overall better in every aspect :|
I disagree. Simply because I consider Diego as a trequartista playmaker, and Hleb as an offensive winger.

Compare Diego to Hleb as a offensive winger, and Diego is much worse than Hleb.

Even if you compare them both as an offesive midfielder, Diego is not better in every aspect, that is a bull. Hleb is much quicker, and have better agillness than Diego.

Ibra is a diver? Wow. that's some news to me.

cloudq
17 May 08, 11:12
I disagree. Simply because I consider Diego as a trequartista playmaker, and Hleb as an offensive winger.

Even if you compare them both as an offesive midfielder, Diego is not better in every aspect, that is a bull. Hleb is much quicker, and have better agillness than Diego.

lol on what planet have you been living on?

hleb, more skill? more agile?

hleb has 1 advantage over diego, thats speed, not agility, not skill

diego is the better AM by this FAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, he also has the vision, the brain to be able to dictate and direct play

and yes ibra is a diver, sometimes he earns his penalties correctly, other times hes dived and sometimes he dives and is correctly shown a yellow card

players with that skill learn to dive, ibra is no exception

tonyloo
17 May 08, 11:20
I remember one time that Ibra has been shown a yellow card for diving. The problem is, it was a clear penalty. Ibra is actually trying to stand up more than most forwards out there, compare him with Drogba, Torres, Ronaldo, Inzaghi, Totti, Del Piero, Villa etc etc.

Azzkikr
17 May 08, 11:55

Hleb is not a winger, he is an attacking midfielder just like Diego. Just because he can fluctate abit and play both sides doesnt make him a winger. Offensive winger :confused:? All wingers are offensive.... I think you should check up on the terms "attacking midfielder" and "winger" because you are obviously confused here. Just because an attacking midfielder plays left/right in the midfield it doesnt him a Winger. A winger is really a "wide forward", not an attacking midfielder, there is big difference here.

And indeed Zlatan is not a diver, thats probably the last thing he is, he almost always holds onto the ball untill either he gets fouled or he makes the foul...

cloudq
17 May 08, 12:53
he doesnt dive until he's in the penalty area

he knows we're not a goal threat directly from FKs

he doesnt dive all the time, he just does it often enough to get noticed (by me at least)

Luka
17 May 08, 13:05
lol on what planet have you been living on?

hleb, more skill?

I stopped reading right there. Where did I say Hleb has more skill than Diego(as a trequartista?)

Hleb is not a winger, he is an attacking midfielder just like Diego. Just because he can fluctate abit and play both sides doesnt make him a winger. Offensive winger :confused:? All wingers are offensive.... I think you should check up on the terms "attacking midfielder" and "winger" because you are obviously confused here. Just because an attacking midfielder plays left/right in the midfield it doesnt him a Winger. A winger is really a "wide forward", not an attacking midfielder, there is big difference here.

Attacking midfielder plays in the center, behind forward line. Wingers play on the side.

How do you call winger in 4-4-2 formation, and 4-3-3 formation ??

Arsenal is playing very adventorous football, you know that. Players are switching positions, and playing on many sides during the game. That's why I don't consider Hleb a trequartista. It's how it looks like on the paper sheet, but Hleb is no playmaker there, he roams around the field, he doesn't dictate the tempo of the game, he is wherever he is needed, and he mostly base his game on the speed.

Diego is much better then him in that position, I never said otherwise. I just don't agree, on the part of "every aspect". If you compare their basic characteristics, Hleb is faster player, and be considered "quicker", if you can put it in one word.

What I'm pointing at is, for example Javier is playing in the midfield, but even you doesn't consider him side midfielder, right? If you put Maniche in the derby game, behind the strikers, doesn't mean he is a playmaker suddenly, correct?

The fact Hleb is being put there in the paper sheet with the formation, doesn't make me consider him as a Diego type of a player, because Arsenal is like I've said, using a lot of switching of positions, and mostly everybody can do many things.

That's how I see it.

Azzkikr
17 May 08, 13:32
Winger dont play on the side of a midfield, the "by-the-book" winger position is right where to opponents fullbacks are placed, and they stay out there, go to the touchlines ect ect, they are more advanced than regular AM's. And diego is really not a trequartista, he is a regular offensive midfielder.

Terms are being thrown around in here to much, and suddenly everyone get confused and thinks that pretty much every central AM out there is a/can be a trequartista and every left/right AM is a winger, AM's are NOT as advanced as wingers/trequartistas.

Hleb was never a winger. And he does play best in a central position (like diego, hence the comparison), he did that constantly at stuttgart where he played his best football and when he has played central for arsenal he has played better as well.

And i think you are overrating his pace abit, Hleb's best attributes are his dribbling and ballcontrol really.

But as ive said several times, Hleb alone wont make a difference, Hleb main contribution is his quick short passing and dribbling, he has succeded at that in team that has played with plenty of options for him to combine with in midfield, at Inter he wont have a player who has the passing ability and ballcontrol to be effective with this. He hardly ever crosses.

If Hleb is the only change to our starting midfield this summer, he will fail bigtime, and so will the team.

Luka
17 May 08, 14:14
If you can remember, I am from the day one in an opposition to the idea of bringing Hleb, and playing him behind the strikers, and that's it. I want Diego there, and Hleb as one of the side midfielders. That's my opinion, not everyone has to agree with it.

I agree on the misconfusion about terminology. But it's only because there isn't one respected schema about it. Many people call positions differently. For example, you have inner midfielders, center midfielders, side midfielders, right left midfielders, inside midfielders... and so on.

I have one question. Can you point out the formations that uses "trequartista", and formations that uses offensive midfielder ?

Ilkinio
17 May 08, 15:30
It's not about formations, more about players that play... For example if we take Selecea as example. Leanorda was offensive midfielder, Rivaldo was trequartista however.

Pulsar36
17 May 08, 18:48
Interesting that Arsenal wants to replace Hleb with Diego.....hehe.

cloudq
18 May 08, 02:36
If you can remember, I am from the day one in an opposition to the idea of bringing Hleb, and playing him behind the strikers, and that's it. I want Diego there, and Hleb as one of the side midfielders. That's my opinion, not everyone has to agree with it.

I agree on the misconfusion about terminology. But it's only because there isn't one respected schema about it. Many people call positions differently. For example, you have inner midfielders, center midfielders, side midfielders, right left midfielders, inside midfielders... and so on.

I have one question. Can you point out the formations that uses "trequartista", and formations that uses offensive midfielder ?

easily done

but first lets "define" the terms

attacking midfielder: midfielder that plays with an offensive capacity

trequartista: a playmaking attacking midfielder placed behind the strikers

notice there is no mention of position when defining attacking midfielder

the trequartista is simply a specialised position relevant to some teams

examples of teams/players that play both ways?

AMs: man utd/scholes, arsenal/cesc, chelsea/lampard, ballack and generally most teams that play 4-4-2, at least 1 of their central pairing in midfield is there in an offensive capacity regardless of well they defend

treqs: milan/kaka, werder/diego, roma/totti, inter/figo

it just seems that you're set in your mind about certain positions confined to certain parts of the field

free your mind to the possibilities that not everyone plays in an orthodox manner and not every coach subscribes to that line of thought either

their position does not define their skillset, a players skillset that determines their position

Azzkikr
18 May 08, 09:28
A Trequartista is typical an AM who can also function as a forward as second role, or the other way around. totti, baggio, kaka ect ect There is really a very limited amount of players who really fits this discription. Diego is NOT a trequartista.

Same goes a for wingers, just in a wide position. There is a reason they were called wideforwards/outsideforwards before the winger term was introduced.

Bes
18 May 08, 10:36
We don't need to buy Deco. Diego would be much more better than him. Deco now is an old player, he didn't show anything in this year cause he is like tired.
And Diego is so good. A very good AM. We need an AM like him and I think he is who we need to buy and not Hleb. He is far better than Hleb. He showd so many great things in this year with Werder Bremen. Diego deserves to play in a BIG team like Inter.

cloudq
18 May 08, 11:05
A Trequartista is typical an AM who can also function as a forward as second role, or the other way around. totti, baggio, kaka ect ect There is really a very limited amount of players who really fits this discription. Diego is NOT a trequartista.

Same goes a for wingers, just in a wide position. There is a reason they were called wideforwards/outsideforwards before the winger term was introduced.

as if diego is not a trequartista!

werder bremen play 4-3-1-2, borowski, frings and niemeyer central trio with diego behind klasnic and hugo almeida

i also dont believe trequartistas need to be become a forward

sure enough, kaka and totti have become pseudo-forwards later in their careers

but they were considered trequartistas with next to no experience playing forward beforehand

the typical trequartista is expected to pull the strings as the teams primary playmaker

not all AMs are expected to be playmaker for their teams but trequartistas are

i guess another definition that may help in defining a trequartista is that he is a classical no.10

diego has been doing it the entire time he has been at werder

CafeCordoba
18 May 08, 11:24
We don't need to buy Deco. Diego would be much more better than him. Deco now is an old player, he didn't show anything in this year cause he is like tired.
And Diego is so good. A very good AM. We need an AM like him and I think he is who we need to buy and not Hleb. He is far better than Hleb. He showd so many great things in this year with Werder Bremen. Diego deserves to play in a BIG team like Inter.

Diego and Deco can perfectly play together. Diego as AM and Deco as CM. Deco hasn't played as AM at Barcelona. Barcelona has been playing 4-3-3 and there is no room for AM like the AM at Inter's 4-3-1-2. Deco is very technical and intelligent player. If there is an AM on the field, Deco can't have freedom to just be offensive. Like I've said couple of times, my only concern with Deco is that if he has the hunger anymore to defend actively. If he can, he could be a great addition to Inter squad.

cloudq
18 May 08, 11:25
the problem is, where will they all fit in?

there simply is not enough room unless one of vieira, cambiasso or zanetti are left out of the first XI

there is really only room for diego

Azzkikr
18 May 08, 11:28
This is BS, according to that logic, all AM playmaker would be trequartista's. Is deco one? Is Riquelma one? was Zidane one?

No they are simply AM playmakers.

Trequartista is by definition a "deeplying forward" who lies between the strikers and the attacking midfield position.

Diego has never in his life played so offensively, he takes part in the buildup play all the way from behind own lines.

You have no idea what you are talking about here buddie.

Bes
18 May 08, 11:32
Diego and Deco can perfectly play together. Diego as AM and Deco as CM. Deco hasn't played as AM at Barcelona. Barcelona has been playing 4-3-3 and there is no room for AM like the AM at Inter's 4-3-1-2. Deco is very technical and intelligent player. If there is an AM on the field, Deco can't have freedom to just be offensive. Like I've said couple of times, my only concern with Deco is that if he has the hunger anymore to defend actively. If he can, he could be a great addition to Inter squad.

Even if we have 4-3-1-2 formation we dont need him. Diego is only an AM and we should buy him as AM. Not Deco. He's old man. We dont need him/

Julio Cesar
Cordoba-Samuel
Maicon---------------Maxwell
Vieira/Dacourt-Cambiasso-Zanetti
DIEGO
Ibra-Adriano

Ilkinio
18 May 08, 11:35
I agree with Azz. Trequartita can be called half-forward. He plays right behind strikers. He is the first line of attack. AMC is the second line of attack. He plays right in front of Central Midfield.

CafeCordoba
18 May 08, 11:38
the problem is, where will they all fit in?

there simply is not enough room unless one of vieira, cambiasso or zanetti are left out of the first XI

there is really only room for diego

Well, let's see who will be Inter's coach next season. With Mancini, it's possible there is room for just one player (AM), but it isn't relevant since with Mancini Inter won't win anything anymore.

And why can't one bench Zanetti, Vieira or Cambiasso? They haven't been such super stars they can have a free pass to the starting XI.

Bes
18 May 08, 11:38
But he is a tipicall AM, he scores too many goals too.

Bes
18 May 08, 11:39
Well, let's see who will be Inter's coach next season. With Mancini, it's possible there is room for just one player (AM), but it isn't relevant since with Mancini Inter won't win anything anymore.

And why can't one bench Zanetti, Vieira or Cambiasso? They haven't been such super stars they can have a free pass to the starting XI.

If Mancini stays, than I think we will sign Hleb. Mancini likes Hleb.

Maybe you are right to see Vieira and Cambi on bench but for Zanetti he is a SUPERSTAR!

cloudq
18 May 08, 13:01

1. u dont bench your captain
2. u dont bench the other rock in your midfield and cambiasso has been a superstar for inter
3. u dont bench a player that is as good if not better than your other rock in midfield, at least when vieira is fit

CafeCordoba
18 May 08, 17:26
1. u dont bench your captain
2. u dont bench the other rock in your midfield and cambiasso has been a superstar for inter
3. u dont bench a player that is as good if not better than your other rock in midfield, at least when vieira is fit

Well, Cambiasso and Vieira won't be fit all season. And Cambiasso isn't good enough for CL, when it comes to playing in two-way game in midfield.

cloudq
19 May 08, 04:20
Well, Cambiasso and Vieira won't be fit all season. And Cambiasso isn't good enough for CL, when it comes to playing in two-way game in midfield.

no but to spend big money for a bench player?

not logical at all

Alex de Large
19 May 08, 13:25

Yes i bench him. Big teams around the world have subs like that.

cloudq
19 May 08, 13:43
Yes i bench him. Big teams around the world have subs like that.

good work

you paid 6mil in transfers and paying him 6mil a year in salary to sit on the bench

noone's gonna buy him, he wants to retire an inter player, noone's gonna pay him that kind of wage!

vieira is not here to sit on the bench my friend

Alex de Large
19 May 08, 14:16
The mistake was pay him 6 million/year, now it's done, and we can't afford to start every game a player who is not at the level of the team, same goes for Stankovic or Materazzi, who should be bench players.

No big club in the world wants him because he is not more a player for a big club.

GET JOAO MOUTINHO instead of Deco btw, barcelona want moutinho to sub. deco, why don't we get the younger?

cloudq
19 May 08, 14:19
if we were going for a portugeuse playmaker

id prefer veloso over moutinho but thats just me

Alex de Large
19 May 08, 14:35
Veloso or Moutinho, i don't care who, but we need talented young players, we already have a lot of +30 with experience.

lonewolf19
19 May 08, 23:48
Big changes ahead at Barcelona

Barcelona sporting director Txiki Begiristain claims big changes lie ahead at the Catalan club following two seasons without a major trophy.

Coach Frank Rijkaard has left the club after five seasons in charge and will be replaced by youth team boss and former Barca midfielder Pep Guardiola in the summer.

And Begiristain believes the 37 year-old is the right man to lead Barcelona into a glorious era.

'The most important decision was the change of coach,' he said.

'We have an exciting project ahead and Guardiola has asked for full control of the dressing-room. We believe he is the right man to take the club forward.'

Txiki also confirmed that there will be plenty of changes to the playing squad.

And the former Barca winger revealed that the club are close to agreeing a deal for Manchester United defender Gerard Pique.

'Deco will be one of the players to leave, but Sylvinho may stay with us,' he continued.

'There will be changes, but I can't say any more than that.

'Talks (with Pique) are at an advanced stage.

'He is one of the players we are interested in, but he is involved in the Champions League final so things are on hold at the moment.'

Begiristain had met the press to discuss the reasons behind Barcelona's recent failures.

He refused to criticise Rijkaard, but argued that a change of coach was necessary.

'We came up with a plan in which we decided to put our confidence in those who took us to the (Champions League) final in Paris, but the day-to-day management let us down,' he added.

'Frank deserved to finish the season, but looking to the future, a change was needed.'

Meanwhile, the club's sporting vice-president, Marc Ingla, said players, coaches and directors must assume collective responsibility for the team's poor season.

'The season was unsatisfactory and we must all take responsibility for that; the players, the coaching staff, the technical secretary and the board,' he said.

'We weren't able to turn things around.

'There was a lot of excitement, but the coaches weren't able to manage the squad (correctly) and the players weren't able to take the opportunities that came their way in the games.'

Ingla revealed that Barcelona made contact with several coaches in January with a view to ultimately succeeding Rijkaard, but said that there was never any chance of the Dutchman being replaced halfway through the season.

'In January we made contact with a few coaches, but we never thought about changing coach halfway through the season,' he added.

8ballmjg
26 May 08, 15:40
Deco is going to comje to use becuase Morinho is nearly finished fro us

Forza ragazzi
08 Jun 08, 08:24
His passes are amazing. Did anyone see that first-time cross ball for Simao? Incredible.

Deco is absolutely a player I admire, and I have never felt bad that he has been linked to Inter. I think he can do very well here.

A.l.i
08 Jun 08, 08:36
His age is what matters. One or two more years at the max.

p.s FR ! Change your signature please.......

Change it to Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009

Sassuolu
08 Jun 08, 08:37
Hope Deco doesn't play so well that Barca end up keeping him...

Forza ragazzi
08 Jun 08, 10:06
His age is what matters. One or two more years at the max.

p.s FR ! Change your signature please.......

Change it to Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009

I will! :D

Everyone is so obsessed with age. I pay some attention to it, but like Mourinho says, a player doesn't have age, only quality. But I have to admit, I'd like Moutinho more after seeing him last night.

tonyloo
08 Jun 08, 10:12
He was pretty decent against Turkey. If we get him he should play as a deep playmaker though, his crosses will be more useful there to provide our new wingers with passes.

A.l.i
08 Jun 08, 16:32
Get either Moutinho or Aquilani.

8ballmjg
09 Jun 08, 05:52
We should sign , he´s the exact thing inter has missed thourgh all these years....

-passing ability is hell
-Long passing a art of class
- HAs a extreme good vision
-Good shots,especially long shots.
-Good at set pieces
- Very good dribbler

8ballmjg
09 Jun 08, 05:52
Would rather sign him than quaresma.....

lonewolf19
09 Jun 08, 06:28
I agree. I am also keen on Deco's arrival.
Plus he will come on a cheap

Stefan
09 Jun 08, 10:41
Seems to be very close. I like Deco so this won't be bad imho.

Inter Deco Transfer Just Hours Away

According to reports in Italy, Inter Milan are just hours away from making Deco the first signing of Jose Mourinho’s reign at San Siro.

Mourinho only took charge of the Nerazzurri a week ago, but he has already moved swiftly in the transfer market.

An attacking centre midfielder was always going to be the main priority for Inter this summer, and it seems they are close to solving the problem by capturing Barcelona star Deco.

The 30-year-old had a disappointing season at Camp Nou and will definitely leave the club. Latest reports in Italy say that Inter have agreed to pay Barca between 12 and 13 million Euros, with Deco signing a three year contract worth five million Euros per season.

Deco, who is said to be just days or even hours away from completing the move, will wear the number 20 shirt and will renew his relationship with his former Porto coach Mourinho.

The playmaker is currently on show at this summer’s European Championships for his adopted country Portugal.

He signed for Barcelona from Porto in 2004 in a cash plus player deal involving Ricardo Quaresma, and has won two La Liga titles and one Champions League.

Luca Capofranco

The_Emperor
09 Jun 08, 10:44
He will be a great asset imo.
Good move.

Ajesh
09 Jun 08, 10:54
A good move that will keep the High average Age of our Gang of Middies constant.

Not to mention another Risky player to keep in the squad.

rockball
09 Jun 08, 11:15
Not that big a risk. We can be assured of a decent level of performance from him. Whether he can be at his best or not is a different matter. But Mourinho of all people will know how to get that out of him.

M.Adnan
09 Jun 08, 11:20
Deco..

Not the best option around, but let's look at the bright side:

Finally a midfielder with serious attacking abilities.
Really cheap price for a player who achieved alot in his career.
The coach knows him.His age is a big concern, specially for someone who's going to a new league and a new club.

31 year old.

But once again, Figo was older when he came here.

tonyloo
09 Jun 08, 11:32
I think he can raise his level here, Barcelona is a team of slackers. The level of training is so much better in Italy.

He has been horrible the last year though.

Sassuolu
09 Jun 08, 11:46
He can give us 2 good seasons which could be very memorable ;) I think this is a positive signing.

Adriano@10
09 Jun 08, 12:43
Not the best solution but definitely a good one.
Coz i m sure jose knows why he goes for deco and not for an other am. Also i think he can give us another 2-3 years top football.
Another advantage is his price will be like 10mios lower then the other ams of his class.

Alex de Large
09 Jun 08, 12:49
It's ok, but if we pay more than 8 millions i will be really disappointed and its gonna be a steal from barcelona. he can be starter for 2 seasons max. more... he is 31 already.
If he goes to Chelsea then it means we go for Lampard. One of the 2 will come, Stankovic = bench next year.

edit:
goal.com talks about 12-13 millions, what do YOU GUYS THINK? i think inter should put there crespo or suazo so it's one of our strikers+5 millions for deco, or something,
i mean, moutinho is a young deco and cost 20 millions, we are going to get a older version for 13?

Luka
09 Jun 08, 13:49
What bothers me is how Deco roumrs goes with a Quaresma ones.

Jose didn't play Deco at Porto in midfield, but in front of midfield, and I don't think he changed his assasment of him. Quaresma goes with the Jose requests to add a width in a team. How these two go with each other ???

4-2-3-1 would only be the answer to that, but that would be something new from Jose.

Anyway, even if Jose would sign Favalli back, I have total confidence in this man, and I'm sure he knows what he is doing, and it will be only of a benefit of Inter.

shahz_nerazzurri
09 Jun 08, 14:00
True I have complete faith in Mourinho. He is a smart guy, he knows what he is doing.
We gave Figo a 2 year extension, cause I am sure Mourinho thinks he can make Figo play like he used to play 10 years ago. If we get Deco under Mourinho, its not because of their past relationship, its b/c Mourinho sees something in deco that ordinary people cant.

While A.Mancini is not a very good player, I have complete fatih, that Moruinho can transform him in to our C.Ronaldo.

Luka
09 Jun 08, 14:13
We gave Figo a 2 year extension, cause I am sure Mourinho thinks he can make Figo play like he used to play 10 years ago.
Where have you read Figo extended his contract by 2 years ?

A.l.i
09 Jun 08, 17:40
True I have complete faith in Mourinho. He is a smart guy, he knows what he is doing.
We gave Figo a 2 year extension, cause I am sure Mourinho thinks he can make Figo play like he used to play 10 years ago. If we get Deco under Mourinho, its not because of their past relationship, its b/c Mourinho sees something in deco that ordinary people cant.

While A.Mancini is not a very good player, I have complete fatih, that Moruinho can transform him in to our C.Ronaldo.

Seems like Mourinho can do anything, God-like.........:D

Deco just said,"its either Chelsea or Inter." Why the fuck do chelsea want the guy??

-As a replacement for Lamps = Yes. But Ballack, Lamps and Deco just wont fit together.

Suneet
09 Jun 08, 18:01
He will end up here. There is no way he will go to Chelsea when he is almost guaranteed a starting spot with Mourinho here. Chelsea dont even know their coach.

shahz_nerazzurri
09 Jun 08, 18:24
Abrahomovic pls let your dirty money do us a favour, take Deco away from us. We really really dont need him.

Azzkikr
09 Jun 08, 18:33
Who knows.

Deco has won everything there is to win on club level.

He is probably just going for the best possible contract at this stage of his career, and he will probably get that at Chelsea.

Forza ragazzi
09 Jun 08, 19:38
I have great faith Deco. And like others, I'm convinced that Jose knows what he is doing.

La Bling
09 Jun 08, 23:32
I'm not so sure that this signing would happen so soon, with Euro going on. But I wouldn't be sad if it did.

achilles
10 Jun 08, 06:01
I think Deco can definitely kick it up a notch, as he did in Portugal's first game. If he does that for Inter, awesome.

I really get the feeling that it will be Lampard and Deco that join. Hopefully Real Madrid gets C. Ronaldo, and that enables us to get Quaresma. Three additions, just like JoMo said!

shahz_nerazzurri
10 Jun 08, 06:37
I would officially start supporting Chelsea, if they keep Lampard and take Deco away from us.
Sadly, I dont think thats gonna happen. On of them is probably gonna come to us. Both of them would be an absolute nightmare.

lonewolf19
10 Jun 08, 06:45
I would officially start supporting Chelsea, if they keep Lampard and take Deco away from us.
Sadly, I dont think thats gonna happen. On of them is probably gonna come to us. Both of them would be an absolute nightmare.

Why are u so against both of them? Age?
Who would you prefer Inter to sign? Hleb? Quaresma?

Hasan
10 Jun 08, 08:23
I agree with shahz here, two of them would be nightmare. That would mean that our game would be without any pace, again. They are too similar but if Stanković is out and Mo doesn't trust in him than one of those two would be gem.

brehme1989
10 Jun 08, 08:46
I hope Deco coming means that Lampard doesn't

J zanetti
10 Jun 08, 09:41
Deco is a quality player with a great vision. That said any player at his age and with so many imp trophies already won somehow scares me a touch. Is he still hungry for more success or does he just want the best deal offered to him? Or perhaps just to hook up with his previous coach?
That said Iím sure (hoping) Jose knows what he is doing and as we have seen in the past certainly no one can have an easy ride while the special one is in charge! So I guess both parties should consider about this move carefully.

Forza ragazzi
10 Jun 08, 11:47
Deco is too young to make a move only for money. He can do that when he is 34-35. He will definitely go to a club to win trophies now. A change of clubs can do wonders for any player. Look at Figo eg, although I that hasn't got anything to do with Deco.

But Deco and Lampard wouldn't be good. Only one please.

Cro Nerazzurro
10 Jun 08, 11:52
No way anyone will come just for money, and wont fight his best under Jose.
+ Deco may won a lot, but I still see lot of passion in him, and desire to prove his class.

How about Ibra Adri up front, Deco behind them, Amantino left, Zanetti right, Cambiasso defensive mid.

Or Ibra up front, Amantino and Quaresma on wings, Deco AM, Cambiasso and Zanetti DM

Alex de Large
10 Jun 08, 12:38

What? we need one of both to win something next year, a offensive midfielder is needed, and Diego or Van der vaart won't come. You honestly think Cambiasso can do that work... he is a defensive midfielder who can sometimes score...

Cro Nerazzurro
10 Jun 08, 12:42
Deco over Lamps.

Deco is better and will be more effective then Pirlo for example.

And if Lampard comes too, that means no more Vieira, so its not like we will be older then now

A.l.i
10 Jun 08, 14:55
No way anyone will come just for money, and wont fight his best under Jose.
+ Deco may won a lot, but I still see lot of passion in him, and desire to prove his class.

How about Ibra Adri up front, Deco behind them, Amantino left, Zanetti right, Cambiasso defensive mid.

Or Ibra up front, Amantino and Quaresma on wings, Deco AM, Cambiasso and Zanetti DM

Enough ! I'm wetting my pants.........:D

Alex de Large
11 Jun 08, 16:10
now 2 millions more for him, damn

lonewolf19
11 Jun 08, 16:17
Deco just scored for Portugal

Principe
11 Jun 08, 16:28
Honestly i think i'll stop listening to the majority of the people on this forum...the majority of the people here made Deco seem like he's such a slow useless player who can't do sh*t with the ball (a la Deki the past season) and would do no good for Inter if he joins....from what I've seen of him the guy is great he's not slow he move well has great vision impressing me during this game with his passes and movements and definetely impressed me the last game...if we can get him for cheap i really don't see why not....I'm starting to think that most people here show their opinion without even seeing the player play on a weekly basis...

rockball
11 Jun 08, 16:42
Deco is a great player. Would be very good for us. He has a good shot, and vision above anyone else is the team. See Portugal's first game and judge the quality of his long balls.

Only concern about him is how motivated he would be. After all he has won CL twice.

Principe
11 Jun 08, 16:48
but we need someone like that on the team....I think under Mourinho he'll definetely be motivated because if he's not he's not gonna play and he'll want to win something again under Mourinho....we need young players but we also need experienced ones that have won the UCL and know how to play in the bigger leagues if we only get young inexperienced players we'll have to pay for it in the later stages where their knees weaken do to pressure and inexperience...

Deco just assisted a Ronaldo Goal

Stefan
11 Jun 08, 18:23
Honestly i think i'll stop listening to the majority of the people on this forum...the majority of the people here made Deco seem like he's such a slow useless player who can't do sh*t with the ball (a la Deki the past season) and would do no good for Inter if he joins....from what I've seen of him the guy is great he's not slow he move well has great vision impressing me during this game with his passes and movements and definetely impressed me the last game...if we can get him for cheap i really don't see why not....I'm starting to think that most people here show their opinion without even seeing the player play on a weekly basis...

That's because some people here just like the other inter forums are obsessed with getting a young midfielder. I actually like Deco and don't care how old he is. With diego not being on the market he is the best playmaker we can get this summer.

shahz_nerazzurri
11 Jun 08, 23:50
I wont mind a good 30 year old midfielder, but not some one like Deco, who has been warming Barca's bench for the past 2 seasons.

AntonTheGreat
11 Jun 08, 23:55
i want him to play for inter. People are blind to admit that he's quality. And he was hurt a majority of the season and didn't regain his form. (cruz figo suazo crespo, they warmed the bench and most are quality) I mean he's been good in the portugals first 2 games, and he's full of energy from the long stint of not playing. I say go for him jose. Bring him in and shut up the critics hahaha

we will wait and see.

rockball
12 Jun 08, 04:02
With Scolari moving to Chelsea, he would move either here or to Chelsea. In the other case, Lampard will come here.

How I wish Deco comes here. He isn't old yet and has a good 3 years ahead of him. Pure quality :star:

lonewolf19
12 Jun 08, 04:05
With Scolari moving to Chelsea, he would move either here or to Chelsea. In the other case, Lampard will come here.

How I wish Deco comes here. He isn't old yet and has a good 3 years ahead of him. Pure quality :star:

Mourinho >> Scolari

I believe Deco would choose us if it just depend on the coach

Ziyad
12 Jun 08, 05:52
I definately think Jose is better than Scolari,who is going to a new league after coaching national teams for soo long.

A.l.i
12 Jun 08, 08:02
I definately think Jose is better than Scolari,who is going to a new league after coaching national teams for soo long.

How?? Has Scolari ever coached clubs??

interlab
12 Jun 08, 09:31
yes he coached Brazilian teams such as Palmeiras if im not wrong he also won copa libertadores :P

Ziyad
12 Jun 08, 09:35
How?? Has Scolari ever coached clubs??

I am sure he did in Brazil and probably won alot ..How else did he get to be the Brazilian NT coach and then Portugals.What i am saying is that he has been a NT coach for soo long.The league game is different to that of a tournament that takes place over a 3 week period...Motivation,and praparation for the game differs as well.

That being said,he has one of the best teams in Europe and can add 100million in talent to it...SO you never know.If I were to chose though between him and Jose to coach my club,i think it is a no brainer when i say JM..

Alex de Large
12 Jun 08, 13:23
I don't think he can have much succes there, in brazil he had ronaldinho, rivaldo, ronaldo, cafu, roberto carlos and even that he has been always too defensive coach, too bad for chelsea fans they didn't get hiddink or someone good.

cloudq
12 Jun 08, 13:28
lol or roberto mancini

Alex de Large
12 Jun 08, 14:00
yo guys, choose who you want between deco and lampard here http://www.forzainterforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=343062#post343062

Suneet
12 Jun 08, 16:50
Please sign Adri now Scolari. We need 30m.

crzdcolombian
12 Jun 08, 20:08
Mourinho >> Scolari

I believe Deco would choose us if it just depend on the coach

World Cup winner ..... against a Champion league winner

id take Scolari.... and look what he has done for Portugal....

again lets not be Inter Fan boys and not give credit where its due

he has coached a bunch of brazilian teams... I am not sure if he ever won a Copa Libertadores tho

Suneet
13 Jun 08, 00:40

he has coached a bunch of brazilian teams... I am not sure if he ever won a Copa Libertadores tho

Let me get this right before I flame you, do you really mean to say that you would prefer Scolari over Mourinho?

lonewolf19
13 Jun 08, 01:04

same with Suneet. You dont mean you rather see Scolari taking over than Mourinho do you?

snake
13 Jun 08, 01:13
Currently,

International Tournaments > Scolari.
European League Clubs > Mourinho.

Geesh...it's not that hard to figure.

Suneet
13 Jun 08, 09:34
I have respect for Scolari.

But its not difficult to win with teams with talent of Brazil or Portugal... I'd have loved it if he had taken the England job.

I think Chelsea will be a big challenge for Big Phil. Abrahimovic, the pressure of pretty football, the pressure to win. Not that Scolari will wilt under it, but he will take a couple of months to adjust..

The good part of it is that now with Brazilian players we will always have "Go to Chelsea" option.

Forza ragazzi
13 Jun 08, 10:18
That Deco has won CL isn't necessarily a bad thing. He is too young to move just for money, he wants more trophies now. He can always go to Qatar or something when he is 35-36. Deco has won CL, so he knows what it takes. That is a huge plus for us, because we don't have many of those in our squad.

Azzkikr
13 Jun 08, 12:30
But its not difficult to win with teams with talent of Brazil or Portugal... I'd have loved it if he had taken the England job.

On the other hand, winning with a strong porto in the pathetic portuguese league and a CL that was more luck than anything else and winning the PL with chelsea with unlimited funds and probably the strongest team on paper can hardly be considered difficult either then.

People here are giving Mourinho way too much credit. He is a good coach, but he had a massive player potential available, just like Scolari with Brazil and Portugal. You will all get very disappointed if Mourinho doesnt get a decent squad to work with, and that will require far more than 2-3 signings.

Cro Nerazzurro
13 Jun 08, 12:37
Man, he won CL with Porto and it wasn luck.
Luck is when u win one game, 2 top, not whole tournament.
Ppl forget he was at LLeira too, where he made history withthem, finishing 5th, or 4th I think, which is best position in their history...
Dont underrate Jose.

Azzkikr
13 Jun 08, 12:58
Cl 03/04 was a joke.

There wasnt a single top european side in the Semis at all.

It was a choker year for all the top clubs, thats why Porto won.

Porto did very well, but no one can argue that the tournament turned out perfectly for them, with all the big sides choking.

Sassuolu
13 Jun 08, 13:09
Seems as if Deco on his day off went to Barcelona to meet Abrahmovic on his yacht. According to Studio Sport... Seems Deco will be going to chelski...

Cro Nerazzurro
13 Jun 08, 13:12
Porto kicked out Man U that year in 2 games, they did the same with Lyon, later Deportivo and Monaco (who beaten both Real and Chelsea)

Call it choaking of big clubs, but I wont. Porto and Monaco were great then, and deserved in their ways to come there...So it wanst luck.

Again he led Lleiria to 5th place, above Benfica, he was at Barca in Gaal days, he won a lot with Chelsea too, and most of players Abramović bought not Jose. Even if Jose did it, so what, why didnt Grant or Ranieri win anything then?
He did records with Chelsea
Players rate him highly, even those he didnt manager.
He aint just coach, he is world class one.And dont forget he is only 45...very young, with more trophys to come

Deco, pappers say he is signing for Chelsea today, wich I doubt. Scolari wants him there for sure, but I hope we get him...there are some other great players, but Deco is one of them and wouldnt mind him at all

Alex de Large
13 Jun 08, 15:34
milan was also lucky in 06, and they did won anyway, porto did beat manchester united and lyon.

Handoyo
14 Jun 08, 04:22
I haven't seen him for a long time but after watching the Portugal - Czech game, I think this guy can be a very good signing for us. He misplaced tons of passes, but what can't be ignored is that he was involved in all three goals. That's exactly what we need, considering we already have enough stability & steel in our central midfielders. We need someone who has enough spark, even though that player may be inconsistent throughout the whole match.

I doubt he's moving to us nor do I want him badly; but I won't cry a river if we really do sign him.

A.l.i
14 Jun 08, 08:01
Its his age that bugs me. Can't we sign someone like Rakitich who was absolutely amazing with Modric against the Germans?

Forza ragazzi
14 Jun 08, 10:36
Its his age that bugs me. Can't we sign someone like Rakitich who was absolutely amazing with Modric against the Germans?

Rakitic did nothing worth mentioning. Modric however, has been sensational. Too bad he will be destroyed by Spurs.

It's in Deco's nature to be creative. His off-the-ball movement to create space for himself is very good and even though he made a lot of mistakes vs Czech, unusually many for him, he still showed his quality. Deco is perhaps the best available creative midfield right now, and with 30 years to his CV, nothing changes that.

Inter isn't a club that is solely based on continuity, Inter wants direct success, which results in a lot of sales and purchases over the years. Diego would be perfect, I agree, but he isn't available. And it's far from certain he would've stayed with Inter for more than 3-4 years (perhaps interest from Real or something would've lured him away), more or less the equivalent of what Deco can give us.

And for the 35252th time; Deco doesn't move solely for money now. He will do that in 4-5 years.

Cro Nerazzurro
14 Jun 08, 10:47
Rakitić played very good game agaisnt Germans...Wouldnt mind him here.

Forza ragazzi
14 Jun 08, 11:18
Rakitić played very good game agaisnt Germans...Wouldnt mind him here.

I must have missed something, because I didn't see Rakitic do anything out of the ordinary. And I watched him because I wanted to get an impression of his quality. But perhaps Modric's performance outshined Rakitic.

Adriano@10
14 Jun 08, 11:52
I must have missed something, because I didn't see Rakitic do anything out of the ordinary. And I watched him because I wanted to get an impression of his quality. But perhaps Modric's performance outshined Rakitic.

I agree I mean rakitic is a very good player but not what we need if u ask me. He has a nice shot and so on but he s not the creative player with the vision we need.
Of course i would not mind him here but only as sub and definitely not as the creative player we need.

Cro Nerazzurro
14 Jun 08, 12:01
Rakitić was playing well, working hard, his technique was great that match,..Ofcourse he was outshined by Modrić, after all, he is main player.

Also, rakitić is complete player, verstile, hs great shot, technique, passing, vision...thats why I wouldnt mind him here, but not as instant starter. For rotation, in future 1stteam, its ok, but he is still too young to take big role at big club

cloudq
14 Jun 08, 12:18
wow, a complete player that cant make it into the first team

doesnt sound very complete does he

Cro Nerazzurro
14 Jun 08, 12:36
He is complete but not ready for big role at big team, he still has a lot to learn...Its all in head, not only in legs

DARi0
14 Jun 08, 13:58
That's because some people here just like the other inter forums are obsessed with getting a young midfielder. I actually like Deco and don't care how old he is. With diego not being on the market he is the best playmaker we can get this summer.

I totally agree man! You said it so well! We all know INTER is not about taking 18-21 year old kids and turning them into superstars! We always get what's the BEST and players on their PEAK!
I don't care Deco is 30 and will be 31 as long as he's world class when determined to do so! Nedved and Figo still do it - they have a professional lifestyle that still afford them to play ! Deco is not 37 !!! Don't forget Veron performed really well and he was also 30+.

* Diego is NOT available this summer and VDV is NOT INTER material [we have Jimenez for that!]
We should grab Deco until Diego will be available or Nasri mature enough. Or maybe even Aquilani for the future!

Why Deco and not Lampard :

Deco is not hot, but will be hot again! We have Jimenez for a promising youngster, but until he develops, INTER need a solid quality experienced playmaker! Deco still deliveres, especially under Josť Mourinho who can motivate him! And from that statement i see him coming ! It will also depend wether Scolari will be new coach of Chelsea or not... Deco has also a convenient price right now - 12 mil. Euro is good business! His wage is also lower than Lampard's.
Deco declared he is regaining his fitness by NOT playing at Barca in the last 2 months! So Deco will be world class again! I say sign him! His language and latino temperament also stands behind Deco, because he's brazilian but speaks and plays for Portugal! He would fit in immediately in italian team, unlike Chelsea [English]! Especially now that Mourinho [POR] joined INTER !
I made up my mind : Deco is the man we need, not Lampard. Anybody who saw Czech Republic 1 - 3 Portugal knows Deco was man of the match!
I am incredibly happy because the media is linking is to the players that I WANT! I mean my transfer plans are complely THE SAME with INTER's
Another FACT for Deco is that he won UEFA Champions League TWICE [2004 & 2006] while Lampard NEVER WON it !

Mr. Josť Mourinho said that we only need 2-3 top players so I hope & believe INTER will sign Deco [12-15 mil. Euro] #20, Mancini [15 mil. Euro] #5 and Quaresma [23-30 mil. Euro] #17 !

FORZA INTER!

Cro Nerazzurro
14 Jun 08, 14:09
Deco is far from finished.
Diego is not impossible to get.
There is also Nasri who costs 12mil I think and is ready for big club, Moutinho, Hleb who seams is on his way out...
There are some young players too like Cigarini, Hamsik, Aquilani, Rosina...

Point, there are good playmakers out there, we will get one

Principe
14 Jun 08, 15:02
i guess the people opposing the deco deal forget inter fans want instant gratification....we're not a team that can wait for 2-3 years for the playi
er to reach his best potential and maybe this fact is sad to se but face it this is inter....

and thats why getting deco makes sense and rakitic and nasri doesnt....deco/lampard have tons of experience whether its in their own leagues or internationally or in the ucl reaching the final, they also worked with mourinho before and know what he wants and how he thinks....there still is a chance of them flopping but if i was a betting man i'd say that they would have an instant impact on the team....

the young players that u are talking about didnt even play regularly in the big 3 leagues and never made it to the final stages of the ucl they still arent tested under pressure from the fans and the media nor have they played for a big team with a big coach all that together in an equation gives u a very risky outcome....Mourinho doesnt have time he has 3 years to win the UCL and im thinking he told himself lets get that outta the way as soon as possible so he cant risk his own career with inter by bringing talented but untested players to fill a big role at inter...

and thats why his only option for this role is a deco/lampard player who can make that difference....jose isn't stupid he calculated these things he know that some fans may be pissed because we're not getting younger players but in his run its better to be safe then risk ur future on untested players...

Cro Nerazzurro
14 Jun 08, 15:12
I didnt say we should buy Rakitić and make him starter...actually i said we must not do it...
same doesnt go for Nasri, cause I think he can make it in startin lineup, most of all in Jose team, where he rotates so nasri wouldnt end up playing big game after big game, althought why not...he can do it.

Also, you dont win CL by having 11 30y old players with experiance on their peaks...Some fresh blood is needed.

Principe
14 Jun 08, 15:20
nasri is a risk because we havent even seen him impress on internatlonal level yet add to the fact that i asked someone that watches the french league regularly and he said that last season nasri sucked big time.....and about young blood thats why we're getting quaresma and have zlatan, maicon, and maxwell filling big roles the players that are 30+ still have alot to offer (other than crespo cruz and figo) and are starting 11 materil so i think we have the right mixture of age

DARi0
14 Jun 08, 16:25
Also, you dont win CL by having 11 30y old players with experiance on their peaks...Some fresh blood is needed.

*cough* ...ac milan.. *cough* :lala:

Hopefully that "Fresh Blood" will be Quaresma :cool:

brehme1989
14 Jun 08, 16:48
But Milan also had Kaka, Pirlo, Gattuso and a few others who were not 30:P

A.l.i
14 Jun 08, 18:13
wow, a complete player that cant make it into the first team

doesnt sound very complete does he

Get Rakitic instead of Jiminez then. A far better deal and player.

Forza ragazzi
14 Jun 08, 21:57
Great to have you back, dario!

DARi0
15 Jun 08, 17:45
Thanks Forza ragazzi ! Nice to see you noticed my absence... :shades:

A.I.i : as far as I know INTER signed Jimenez for good [permanent transfer]. He is still young and has potential to develop! I say give him time to improve.

Right now I believe Deco will join Chelski and we'll get Lampard + Quaresma already signed + Mancini.

Forza ragazzi
15 Jun 08, 18:28
Where have you been, buddy?

J zanetti
16 Jun 08, 14:49
Good read regarding the man - however as it seems he will most probably end up in Chelsea!

Deco regains his swagger

Gabriele Marcotti

You have to go back to his days at FC Porto to find the last time he was the main star (or as much of a star as any individual in a team managed by José Mourinho can be). Back then, Deco was the Jack of all trades who led Porto to an improbable Champions League crown and launched the Special One’s career.

Since then, he has always played second fiddle. With Portugal, first to Luis Figo (noblesse oblige) then to Cristiano Ronaldo. And, at Barcelona, the limelight went to Samuel Eto’o and Ronaldinho and later to Lionel Messi.

Indeed, in many ways, over the past two seasons he has slowly disappeared from view. Injuries played a small part – he missed two months last season but was relatively healthy throughout 2006-07 – as did off-the-pitch issues (his second marriage ended in divorce last March). Overall, with his performances steadily declining, he looked like the textbook case of a player whose career was heading south.

The focal point of Barcelona’s midfield became Xavi, a similarly built player, albeit one lacking Deco’s steel. The club let it be known in no uncertain terms (just as they had in the summer of 2007, when they found no takers) that they would listen to offers for him. At national team level, there were suggestions that João Moutinho, the rising star, would, once and for all, supplant him.

And yet, here he is. Portugal are among the bookmakers’ favourites to win Euro 2008, he is the glue linking the midfield and the front four and he is playing some of the best football of his career. Few players combine the vision and creativity of an attacking midfield player with the workrate and tackling ability of a holding midfield player. Deco makes highlight reels with his passing, dribbling and shooting, but his defensive prowess – he made more tackles than anyone at Euro 2004 – is just as important.

Back in the spring of 2004, before he was approached for the Chelsea job, I asked Mourinho to explain the way Porto played. He was effusive in his praise of Deco.
“We have a 4-4-2, with a holding midfielder and two midfielders who take turns getting forward,” he said. “And then there is Deco. He can play at the top of the diamond, he can make it a flat four in the middle, he can go wide and turn us into a 4-3-3. He controls our formation and makes it very difficult for the opponents.”

Luiz Felipe Scolari, the Portugal coach who will take over at Chelsea on July 1, now says that Deco is as close to “irreplaceable” as any of his men. How does this happen? How does a player whom many had written off suddenly wake up and regain the lost magic?
In fact, Deco’s renaissance probably began a few months ago. He put in one of his best performances of the past two years against Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final, prompting cynics to say that he was playing for a transfer and a new contract. They drew parallels with Patrick Vieira, who was anonymous for much of the 2005-06 season at Juventus only to reestablish himself as one of the best in the business at the 2006 World Cup.

We have a burning desire for answers and explanations and thus, to understand Deco’s decline, we naturally gravitate to some combination of the following: his injuries, his disintegrating marriage and the natural complacency that sets in when you have a long-term deal at a big club. It may well be that they all apply and serve to explain Deco’s plight.
It may also be that there is a certain randomness to football, a certain rhythm of peaks and troughs to players’ performances that has nothing to do with tangible or measurable factors. Sometimes things just happen.
Or maybe Deco realises the window of opportunity is closing. To quote Andrew Marvell: “At my back I always hear/ Time’s winged chariot hurrying near/ And yonder all before us lie/ Deserts of vast eternity.”

He’s won league titles and Champions League crowns, he’s a father and a millionaire many times over. On the eve of his 31st birthday – and with Moutinho “hurrying near” – this may be his last real chance to bring his adopted country (he was born in Brazil) their first international trophy.
Deco is back to where he was in 2004. And that is what could make all the difference for Scolari’s Portugal.

CafeCordoba
16 Jun 08, 20:56
http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/articoli/12462/inter+deco+chelsea+barcellona+scolari

So what is this then? Deco rumored to Inter again.

Forza ragazzi
16 Jun 08, 21:58
I think journalists enjoy messing around with fans' heads. I know what I want, but I don't think it's worthwhile commenting on any rumour this summer until it's made official/the player is photographed with an Inter jersey.

DARi0
17 Jun 08, 09:53
Where have you been, buddy?

You're kinda off-topic man :D I usually only post about transfer market moves - because I think they are fundamental to build a winning team. So here I am in the summer transfer campaign :D

Deco for 10 mil. Euro is a very good affair! Can't get a lower price for him - he was 20 last summer! Let's see who will take who!
It's between Chelski and us, but I remember having done great deals with Chelsea lately [Crespo, Veron, Crespo :D]
I believe it's true that Mourinho made a list and Moratti & co. made a list! Mourinho probably wants Lampard, Moratti would like Aquilani or Deco.

Forza ragazzi
17 Jun 08, 18:32
You're kinda off-topic man :D I usually only post about transfer market moves - because I think they are fundamental to build a winning team. So here I am in the summer transfer campaign :D

Deco for 10 mil. Euro is a very good affair! Can't get a lower price for him - he was 20 last summer! Let's see who will take who!
It's between Chelski and us, but I remember having done great deals with Chelsea lately [Crespo, Veron, Crespo :D]
I believe it's true that Mourinho made a list and Moratti & co. made a list! Mourinho probably wants Lampard, Moratti would like Aquilani or Deco.

They haven't made two separate lists. That was the media who created that illusion. The very same interview on inter.it said nothing about that if I remember correctly.

Anyway, would Mourinho accept that Moratti interfered like this? Not likely.

A.l.i
17 Jun 08, 18:40
as far as I know INTER signed Jimenez for good [permanent transfer]. He is still young and has potential to develop! I say give him time to improve

inter.it didn't confirm that so thats BS atm.

Luka
17 Jun 08, 20:57
They haven't made two separate lists. That was the media who created that illusion. The very same interview on inter.it said nothing about that if I remember correctly.

I will just add, that whoever would think Mourinho would come to Inter as a coach, without talking this through, and having guarantees that he will have a lot to say about the transfers at Inter, must be fuckin dreaming. There is no way in hell.

And at inter.it there was something about it, in an interview MM gave. But in it, we read MM is joking about those 2 lists, that he will make a list, and Jose will make a list, and then they will compare how much THEY can spent, or something like that :P

MM also said, Jose didn't ask for anything unreachable. Quaresma, Lampard, maybe Mancini, or somebody else definetly fit this description.

mexican_azzurri
18 Jun 08, 02:22
I think that Deco is more close to stanford bridge this day that San Siro.....

cloudq
18 Jun 08, 05:36
youd think deco was trying to avoid mourinho

snake
18 Jun 08, 05:51
youd think deco was trying to avoid mourinho

How would you know?

Deco has refused to speak or do anything about his future until Euro's are over. Maybe your right, he is avoiding him, who is deco not to fly to Jose inbetween games to decide his future and sign for us.

rockball
18 Jun 08, 06:47
Didn't Deco also say "Ronaldinho should come with me to Chelsea"...or something on those lines.

cloudq
18 Jun 08, 07:00
How would you know?

Deco has refused to speak or do anything about his future until Euro's are over. Maybe your right, he is avoiding him, who is deco not to fly to Jose inbetween games to decide his future and sign for us.

how many times has mourinho tried to sign deco at chelsea?

now that he isnt at chelsea anymore, he wants to snub mourinho TO GO TO CHELSEA???

behavioural patterns people, behavioural patterns

snake
18 Jun 08, 23:36
There was never any solid demand from Jose trying to lure Deco away from Barca.

Where are you getting this from

Ziyad
19 Jun 08, 06:41
Lets hope Germany knocks them out today and we get the official word on him and the rest of the porteguese we are linked to.

lonewolf19
19 Jun 08, 06:43
Lets hope Germany knocks them out today and we get the official word on him and the rest of the porteguese we are linked to.

Haha I agree. I wouldnt mind seeing Portugal out of the euro :P

cloudq
19 Jun 08, 09:09
There was never any solid demand from Jose trying to lure Deco away from Barca.

Where are you getting this from

dude, not FROM barca

FROM porto, deco went to barca INSTEAD of following mourinho to chelsea

Pravesh
23 Jun 08, 21:24
Not coming to Inter it seems, no big deal huh ;)

lonewolf19
24 Jun 08, 01:03
Not coming to Inter it seems, no big deal huh ;)

Then we would prob go for Lampard

Richard Philly
24 Jun 08, 01:39
dude, not FROM barca

FROM porto, deco went to barca INSTEAD of following mourinho to chelsea

Did Chelsea bid for Deco when he was at Porto?

snake
24 Jun 08, 01:45
Did Chelsea bid for Deco when he was at Porto?

Before he joined Barca, Deco apparently stated he only had to do a medical for Chelsea or something along those lines. But there never really was an agreement, Barca then paid the clause porto had set.

So we dont know for sure if Jose wanted him before he started or if it was just Deco talking his chances up. (especially with the midfield chelsea already had)

Stefan
30 Jun 08, 19:28
Deco to chelsea. http://www.chelseafc.com/xxchelsea180706/index.html#/page/Homepage/article_1336412

Thread closed.