PDA

View Full Version : Inter - AEK Athens

Jimmy
12 Aug 04, 09:59
http://images.snapfish.com/33%3B5533523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D788%3D%3C2% 3C%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3A4683784ot1lsi

Tomorrow we play this Greek team. It´s very soon and those who played against Basel will probably not make it to this game. I find it really crappy planned this pre-season, because we get no chances to play the first team.

But some great players should be able to turn up.

Jimmy
12 Aug 04, 10:17
The game is actually played on Saturday. So that means we can play a few first-teamers.

SB9Dragon
12 Aug 04, 13:55
Hopefully Davids can start and be tested out playing a whole game so he can get ready for the return leg of the CL Qualifyers vs. Basel.

Handoyo
12 Aug 04, 16:55
Since the Basel game was on Wednesday, it means that our player only have 2 days rest. I wouldn't start the starters against Basel for this game. Perhaps they can come in in the second half. We must make sure that they don't pick up silly injuries. I for sure will not feature Adriano in this game if I were the coach.

Hand;)yo

Panchos from Ukraine
12 Aug 04, 17:59
I'm sad cause in Kiev it is impossible to see this match... :( :cry2: I hope that my television will receiive the rights of the Copa Pirelli match!

P.S. AEK is not a strong team now. There is a big financial crisis in this club...I'm sure we win!

Pani
12 Aug 04, 20:33
AEK have lost almost all of their national players!They are very weak!

At least 5 goals against them!!!

MoH
13 Aug 04, 09:38
Last I heard AEK Athens were facing financial ruin...Lost almost all of their national players?

Theo Zagorakis > Bologna
Michalis Kapsis > Bordeaux
Costas Katsouranis > ???
Vassilis Lakis > ???
Tsartas > ???

Jimmy
13 Aug 04, 09:47
This is the squad that I want to be called for this game:

Keepers: Toldo, Fontana, Bindi

Defenders: Ze Maria, Dellafiore, Cordoba, Materazzi, Mihajlovic, Pasquale, Coco, Favalli

Midfielders: Van der Meyde, Karagounis, Stankovic, Emre, Zicu, Veron, Cambiasso, Davids

Strikers: Recoba, Cruz, Ventola

Cordaz has completely vanished from our squad, so I don´t know where he is. We rest Zanetti and Adriano who is not needed.

No point in bringing Sorondo, Adani, Lamouchi and Choutos for this game since they´ll leave anyway.

This is a 22-men squad.

Gismo
13 Aug 04, 09:49
Davids? Why do that if he is injured? :confused:

I think the rest of your squad seems logical.

CafeCordoba
13 Aug 04, 10:57
Davids? Why do that if he is injured? :confused:

I think the rest of your squad seems logical.

We don't know what is his physical condition now. But maybe he isn't starting at least.

My line-up:

Toldo

Ze Maria - Cordoba/Matrix - Mihajlovic - Coco

Van der Meyde - Cambiasso - Emre - Stankovic

Cruz - Recoba

Though I almost know that it's not gonna be like that. I fear Mancini uses Zanetti and then Ze Maria as a right winger. Then, Emre doen's really seem to be the first one in Mancini's plans so in the midfield there's probably Veron, though he played the entire game in Basel and was quite poor.

That backline, I would put Miha there and rest either Cafe or Matrix, the one who's more tired. Coco should be used that he would get some minutes under his and maybe sub for Pasquale.

And like I said we don't know David's condition but if he's ready then sub in the second half for Cambiasso.

Frisko
13 Aug 04, 12:14
My line-up, considering that many players that played against Basel should rest:

Fontana

Ze Maria - Della Fiore- Mihajlovic - Pasquale

Van der Meyde - Emre - Karagounis - Recoba

Cruz - Ventola

Pod
13 Aug 04, 18:28
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini ha convocato nerazzurri per Inter-Aek Atene, gara valida per il Trofeo Sky in programma domani sera a Pisa (ore 20.45).

Portieri : Toldo Francesco, Fontana Alberto;

Difensori : Cordoba Ivan Ramiro, Dellafiore Paolo, Favalli Giuseppe, Materazzi Marco, Mihajlovic Sinisa , Pasquale Giovanni, Zé Maria ;

Centrocampisti : Cambiasso Esteban, Davids Edgar, Giani Nicolas, Karagounis Giorgos, Stankovic Dejan, Veron Juan Sebastian;

Attaccanti : Cruz Julio Ricardo, Isah Eliakwu, Recoba Alvaro, Ventola Nicola.

Pod
13 Aug 04, 18:31
No Emre WTF :mad:

CafeCordoba
13 Aug 04, 18:39
I was just posting that so...

So, no Emre, no Coco, no Van der Meyde? What's going on? It's frustrating that Inter.it (and English one is always so late) isn't informing us about injuries. Now we have to just guess are Emre and Coco injured or not. I truly hope so (sounds very stupid though). Van der Meyde seems to be out of plans.

Good to see that Adriano and Zanetti are rested.

My line-up now:

Toldo

Ze Maria - Cordoba/Matrix - Mihajlovic - Pasquale

Karagounis - Cambiasso - Veron - Stankovic

Cruz - Recoba

If Davids isn't 100%, he can be subbed for Cambiasso on the second half. If he is, then Davids for Veron cause I think Seba was very tired after Basel. Cambiasso's role would change on that occasion. We don't have much choices for the wings though Ze Maria can take the RMF role and Della Fiore RB.

Handoyo
13 Aug 04, 18:39
Some noticeable absentees are Javier Zanetti, Cristiano Zanetti, Adriano, Van Der Meyde and Belozoglu Emre. JZ and Adriano are rested for sure but the future looks bleak for the rest of the player that I mentioned.

Hand;)yo

CafeCordoba
13 Aug 04, 18:45
Some noticeable absentees are Javier Zanetti, Cristiano Zanetti, Adriano, Van Der Meyde and Belozoglu Emre. JZ and Adriano are rested for sure but the future looks bleak for the rest of the player that I mentioned.

Hand;)yo

I truly hope the case is not that. I hope Cristiano is still injured and there's nothing more in that absence. Same goes to Emre (injured?) like I said in my previous post. Andy seems to be lost.

Frisko
13 Aug 04, 19:08
Is CZ fit?

It's nice to see Davids in the list, it means his ankle is ok.

I guess many players such as Emre and Capitano will just be rested.

Mixi
13 Aug 04, 19:11
Incredibly irritating not to see VDM called up for this match.

It looks like he's going back to Ajax.

Moratti, go get Joaquin and forget about Cesar and Jankulovski.

MoH
13 Aug 04, 19:12
Emre participated in our CL qualifier, and if his Inter future is in doubt, surely it would have been quite stupid to play him :P Don’t you agree?

C. Zanetti? :confused:
Van Der Meyde? He might as well leave, if Ze Maria can put on such a performance week and week out (He would be hard to replace if he does keep on impressing) than I am more than happy to see the Dutch starlet out...Period! Maybe then Zicu can get his beloved number 7? :D

Handoyo
13 Aug 04, 19:13
Ah yes, I forgot about that MoH. :wallbang: But I just find it odd that Emre, who only played 20 minutes, wasn't called up but Veron and Cambi who played a low more were.

Hand;)yo

MoH
13 Aug 04, 19:20
:cool:

According to the players called up, it seems this Friendly would be regarded as an experiment of fitness and form and nothing more.

I’m not sure why Cambiasso was called up? As for Veron, maybe he needs another opponent to liven him up a bit, I mean it’s not in Veron’s nature to attack players...So that evening does show/explain how frustrated he actually was :depress:

Frisko
13 Aug 04, 19:26
:cool:
According to the players called up, it seems this Friendly would be regarded as an experiment of fitness and form and nothing more.

Spot on MoH

Mikkel
13 Aug 04, 19:27
I just hope Veron improves a lot..Or I would play with Emre instead against Basel..I never wreally understud why we bought him in the first place. When we have Emre..

Leftfoot
13 Aug 04, 20:50
I feel queasy about this Emre thing. Galatasaray and Besiktas Istanbul would love taking Emre for loan according to my turkish friend. Galatasaray don't play in europe this year.
Besiktas' president claimed that for him its not so much important that Emre can't play in the uefa cup rounds. Neverless he wants him.

Frisko
13 Aug 04, 20:55
I really don't see any reasons to worry about Emre right now... He's with us, and he's going to stay :)

CafeCordoba
13 Aug 04, 21:10
I really don't see any reasons to worry about Emre right now... He's with us, and he's going to stay :)

Yeah, he's going to stay. But he's not going to play. Too much. And that saddens.

SB9Dragon
13 Aug 04, 21:14
Here's the squad I'd like to face AEK...

-----------------Recoba-------Cruz

----Stankovic----Davids---Veron--Karagounis

----Favalli---Mihaljovic----Cordoba---Ze Maria

-----------------------Toldo

I want Miha to start to see how he will do with the team.

I want Karagounis to be played on the right wing as well to prove that he can be a contributor to the squad.

Frisko
13 Aug 04, 21:20
----Stankovic----Davids---Veron--Karagounis

No way Stanko Veron and Davids are all playing, I don't want them to, it's risky.

SB9Dragon
13 Aug 04, 21:22
I think they could very well play. Mancini may use this game to test out those 3 playing together and see how they work as a unit.

Frisko
13 Aug 04, 21:41
I think they could very well play. Mancini may use this game to test out those 3 playing together and see how they work as a unit.

Wanna bet? :dielaugh:

Pani
13 Aug 04, 22:15
Theo Zagorakis > Bologna
Michalis Kapsis > Bordeaux
Costas Katsouranis > ???
Vassilis Lakis > ???
Tsartas > ???

Katsouranis stayed at AEK!

Lakis,Tsartas have no team yet!

Baggio
13 Aug 04, 22:26
I think we should try out Veron - Davids partnership and see how it works out so then this would be my fav line up:

Toldo

Zé Maria - Cordoba - Mihajlovic - Pasquale

Stankovic - La Brujita - Davids - Karagounis

Cruz - Eliakwu

Pani
13 Aug 04, 22:40
Toldo

Ze Maria - Matrix - Mihajlovic - Coco

Van der Meyde - Cambiasso - Emre - Stankovic

Cruz - Recoba

Jimmy
13 Aug 04, 22:48
Weird squad. Either way, this is my lineup:

Fontana

Zé Maria - Cordoba - Materazzi - Favalli

Stankovic - Veron - Davids - Karagounis

Cruz - Recoba

Subs:

Fontana OUT - Toldo IN
Zé Maria OUT - Dellafiore IN
Cordoba OUT - Giani IN
Materazzi OUT - Mihajlovic IN
Favalli OUT - Pasquale IN
Veron OUT - Cambiasso IN
Stankovic OUT - Eliakwu IN
Cruz OUT - Ventola IN

It´s very weird that Zicu ain´t called up. I thought he would be. And the mystery regarding Cordaz continues.

snake
14 Aug 04, 01:26
BDragon2k2, i like your formation.

i think it will be good to start it like that. with Miha in the squad. give him a test.

also your midfield i think is perfect.

Kara-Veron-Davids-Stankovic

alot of people say its a very bad idea, how do you know? you must see it first, they might play well together, and where better to test it then in a practise match?

Davids can play just behind Veron.

Pravesh
14 Aug 04, 01:33
Now, I am starting to believe V.Meyde's rumour. :D

May be, may be not.

And yeah, why is Zicu not there.

My line up-

------------------- toldo ------------------

j.zanetti --- cordo --- matrix --- favalli

zemaria --- veron --- davids --- stanko

-------------- cruz ----- recoba ---------

# Karagounis shud get to play as well, coz he deserves it.

# If Mancini intends to star Davids as DM in our 2nd leg of champs league qualifier, then he might have to start Davids as DM in tonite's friendly, but not sure if Davids is fully fit. :confused:

snake
14 Aug 04, 01:55
prav, Zanetti isnt called up to this game his resting.

So Ze Maria is right back, that means rightwing for karagounis :)

I said at the start everyone will get their chance to impress and show they deserve the spot in the team, or at least to prove he can come on as a sub and be very lively.

Pravesh
14 Aug 04, 02:21
prav, Zanetti isnt called up to this game his resting.
So Ze Maria is right back, that means rightwing for karagounis :)

oopps. :D

Or might we see Della Fiore in the RB position ? :confused:
Or as you said, Ze Maria in RB, and Stanko/? in RM ;)

scutzon
14 Aug 04, 02:58
I don't want us to use too many first team players for this game. I'd like this line-up:

-----------------------Toldo-----------------------
Dellafiore---Cordoba------Mihajlovic------Coco
Ze Maria----Karagounis---Davids----Stankovic
------------------Vieri------Cruz-------------------

Mikkel
14 Aug 04, 09:26
Now, I am starting to believe V.Meyde's rumour. :D

May be, may be not.

And yeah, why is Zicu not there.

Maybe it's because he wont's to test how good Eliakwu is. :rolleyes:

toldo
Ze maria,Matrix,Mihaj,Pasquale
Karagounis,Veron,Davids,Stankovic
Recoba,Eliakwu*

*It will be weary interesting if he tried him from the start.

scutzon, Coco and Vieri are not called up.

Frisko
14 Aug 04, 10:28
I think we should try out Veron - Davids partnership and see how it works out so then this would be my fav line up:

Toldo

Cruz - Eliakwu

Is La Brujita the new Scarpini-name for Veron? :D

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 11:56
Try out Mihajlovic?!?!?!?!?! You wanna loose on purpose? :D

Mikkel
14 Aug 04, 12:36
Try out Mihajlovic?!?!?!?!?! You wanna loose on purpose? :D

He have to play soon or later :( ..So now is the time for him to show his abilities. Or his flaws. :rolleyes:

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 12:42
Yeah well. I prefer if Miha doesn´t play AT ALL. ;)

:D

Mikkel
14 Aug 04, 12:56
Yeah well. I prefer if Miha doesn´t play AT ALL. ;)

That never gonna happend. :depress:

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 15:54
Anyone broadcasting this game online?

Baggio
14 Aug 04, 16:09

Toldo

Cruz - Eliakwu

Is La Brujita the new Scarpini-name for Veron? :D

La Brujita was always Verons nickname because his father was called La Bruja. If I am not mistaken I think "La Brujita" means "The Wizard" in translation.

Mixi
14 Aug 04, 16:29
"La Brujita" means "The Little Witch". ;)

Panchos from Ukraine
14 Aug 04, 17:39
I want to see Eliakwu in action today! :heart:

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 18:20
What time does this game start? :confused:

Fabio

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 18:35
My preferred starting line-up:(man this forum sure is quite today! :confused: )

--------------------------------TOLDO--------------------------------
-----ZE MARIA-----MIHAJLOVIC-----MATERAZZI-----PASQUALE
-------------------------------DAVIDS--------------------------------
--KARAGOUNIS---------------------------------------STANKOVIC--
---------¦----------------------VERON-------------------------¦------
---------¦-------------RECOBA------ELIAKWU---------------¦-------

An odd side?Maybe,let me explain-

Toldo-Good form shown,needs it to continue
Ze Maria-Good form shown,needs it to continue
Mihajlovic/Materazzi-An experiment to see if the two hard men can partner each other in defence when called upon during the season
Pasquale-Important match,needs to prove that he can fight with Coco and Favalli for that left back role
Davids-Playing in a diamond,we will find out if Davids can play in the DM role
Karagounis-Just like Pasquale,Karagounis needs to prove that he can fight it out with his teammates
Stankovic-Good form shown,needs it to continue
Veron-After a poor competitive debut,the guy needs more improvement and match practice
Recoba-Needs to consolidate his good work done over the pre-season
Eliakwu-Needs to show the public and management that his reputation as the new Martins is still intact

There you have it!;)

Fabio

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 18:38
OK I have answered my own question but the game starts at 20:45 local time in Pisa,so basically.......IN 10 MINUTES! :)

FORZA INTER!!! :proud: :proud:

Fabio

Mikkel
14 Aug 04, 18:50
Inters formation is

INTER:
Fontana,
Dellafiore, Cordoba, Materazzi, Favalli
Zé Maria ,Veron, Davids, Stankovic
Cruz, Ventola,

sub: Toldo, Mihajlovic, Pasquale, Cambiasso, Eliakwu, Giani, Recoba, Karagounis

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 18:55
Inters formation is

INTER:
Fontana,
Dellafiore, Cordoba, Materazzi, Favalli
Zé Maria ,Veron, Davids, Stankovic
Cruz, Ventola,

sub: Toldo, Mihajlovic, Pasquale, Cambiasso, Eliakwu, Giani, Recoba, Karagounis

Well thats dumb/gay/stupid/annoying/frustrating! :mad:

No.1 - Fontana we know is good enough for back up,we should be fine tuning Toldo.

No.2 - I like Dellafiore but I think that it would have been cool to see Ze Maria in defence.

No.3 - No Mihajlovic starting again,although he isn't my favourite player,I have accepted that he now plays with us and going into a new season with no practice for him is not good.

No.4 - No tryouts for Pasquale,Karagounis or Eliakwu either.

Oh well,lets get them! :)

Fabio

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 19:00
Here is the official word:

The official line-ups for Inter-AEK Athens:

INTER: Fontana, Cordoba, Favalli, Dellafiore, Materazzi, Veron, Zé Maria , Davids, Cruz, Ventola, Stankovic
Subs: Toldo, Mihajlovic, Pasquale, Cambiasso, Eliakwu, Giani, Recoba, Karagounis
Coach Mancini

AEK ATHENS: Mihailidis, Burbos, Abonsah, Kontis, Djordjopulos, Assuncao, Katsuranis, Soares, Petkov, Konstantinidis, Liberopulos
Subs: Arabatsis, Kappos, Toskas, Kostenoglou, Solakis, Vulgaris, Tsevas, Skiampantais
Coach Santos

Referee: Trefoloni

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 19:10
Mancini said in a brief interview that Adriano-Martins is the future that in about 2 months all of our players to be at top fitness!;)

Fabio

J zanetti
14 Aug 04, 19:24
Mancini said in a brief interview that Adriano-Martins is the future
I think this is a clever move by Mancini!
To me, it seems that Mancini is preparing Bobone that he can not expect to be a starter this season. I believe this is the second time that Mancini (rightly so) has insisited that Adriano/Martins are our future striking partners.

To someone like myself who have always insisted that Bobo and Adriano can not play together this is great news! :D
I just hope Bobo acts like a pro and stops acting childish as he did last season! :mad:

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 19:26
I agre and think thatwe should play Adriano-Martins with Vieri as our super sub maybe? :confused:

Fabio

J zanetti
14 Aug 04, 19:32
I agre and think thatwe should play Adriano-Martins with Vieri as our super sub maybe? :confused:

Certainly!
Id say ideally thats how I like it to be. However when in form I wouldnt mind Chino next to Adriano either.
Anyhow, as long as 100% fit I believe Adriano should starts in every game. And Im praying to lord ;) that I dont have to see both Bobo and Adriano on the pitch unless necessary!

Im sure as long as he can stop acting like a baby girl - bobo will still be very useful for us this season.

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 19:43
I´m sorry, but where do you get these "interviews" from? Last time Channel 4 made this whole "Mancio wants AdriOba" up. Mancini never actually said those words. So this time: Is it reliable or not?

:)

Frisko
14 Aug 04, 19:43
I guess no one is watching this game huh?

Jimmy
14 Aug 04, 19:45
3-0 to us after the first half.

Two goals from Stankovic and one goal from Materazzi. We´re missing goals from our strikers big time. But a fantastic result nonetheless.

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 19:45
Probably someone is. ;) I know I am not. :D

Oh Lord... FORZA INTER!!!

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 19:53
I´m sorry, but where do you get these "interviews" from? Last time Channel 4 made this whole "Mancio wants AdriOba" up. Mancini never actually said those words. So this time: Is it reliable or not?

:)

Yes as it is from www.inter.it! ;)

Fabio

J zanetti
14 Aug 04, 19:54
I´m sorry, but where do you get these "interviews" from?
Inter.it
check todays interview with Mancini! ;)

p.s 3-0 1st half! seems like a very good result considering our formation!

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 19:57
Is it on Italian version? :confused: Or English meaning I missed it? :D

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 19:58
Stankovic can turn a match on its head no matter the opponent! :D

J zanetti
14 Aug 04, 19:58
so far in Italian only! Because it was short interview prior to the game!
They may put it in the english version aswell! :)

here is the link:
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=23636&L=it

Frisko
14 Aug 04, 20:00
Good God Stanko is on fire... God help Basel... :dielaugh:

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 20:00

No don't worry your not going blind yet it is on the Italian version! :D

Panchos from Ukraine
14 Aug 04, 20:02
4-1 :)

Tim Trophy, Sky Trophy....more?

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 20:04
Talking of www.inter.it , people that only understand English missed a whole big Ze Maria interview!

Fabio ;)

Frisko
14 Aug 04, 20:09
Mancini: "I think we must just think at the Champions League game (against Basel). We must improve a lot with the matches and the training and we'll be doing so in the upcoming months. Even if we're not at our best right now, we'll be in top form in 2 months. The fitness comes with time and we've been working for only a month. The tactical improvements will come too".

About Cesar he said: "Cesar is a very good player, but there are other good players in his role. I say again, we're now focusing exclusively on the CL clash against Basel, which won't be easy. We have great strikers. Adriano and Martins are the future, however, as soon as he's in good form, Vieri will make Inter's fortune".

I translated from Inter.it, Mancio is very diplomatic, he says he likes Cesar but other players too. Adriano and Martins are great, but Vieri too. He wants to make everyone happy :)

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 20:11
4-1 :)

Tim Trophy, Sky Trophy....more?

How,who?

I didn't know there has been talk of Inter having its own stadium,if anything Milan should be moving out! :fero:

Fabio

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 20:13
Well that´s just great. I hate the fact that I don´t understand much Italian! :mad:

Anyway, thanx a lot for translating this! :heart: Are there more from that interview with Mancini? And can you translate Ze Maria´s interview too?

And yes, Milan should but out of the stadium. But knowing them they won´t. Probably... It kills me to say this, but the truth is that both Inter and Milan deserve the stadium equally much.

So we can´t demand Bilan to leave. Neither can they demand us too. It´s a complicated matter, really.

Frisko
14 Aug 04, 20:13
Fabio, Moratti said that he'd like to buy the S Siro from the Milan City Hall, together with AC Milan. They would like to improve the surroundings, creating shops and such. They're negotiating.

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 20:15
Also at half time Toldo has said about oour midfields great technical ability,the merit that Mancio deserves and that he quit Italy to concentrate on solely Inter! :proud:

Fabio

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 20:17
Fabio, Moratti said that he'd like to buy the S Siro from the Milan City Hall, together with AC Milan. They would like to improve the surroundings, creating shops and such. They're negotiating.
Good news. :star:

Frisko
14 Aug 04, 20:17
Gismo I would translate but there are no interviews on Inter.it now, I guess it's been updated...

Fabio do you have any link?

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 20:18
Thanx, this is really generous of you. ;)

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 20:19
Whoops I have let myself down,I reread the paragraph and remembered that Inter/Milan don't own the stadium.It is a communal stadium.But yes,now I remember!

Btw doesn't Toldo look older in this picture-

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/38074.jpg

Fabio

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 20:20
Well I will give a brief overview of the interview as to be honest right now I can't be bothered to do too much translating,but if Frisko doesn't mind then I will give the link(s)! :confused:

Fabio

Frisko
14 Aug 04, 20:21
I got Ze Maria's interview, I'm on it, no probs Gismo.

Gosh Toldone is getting grey as fu*k lol :dielaugh:

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 20:23
Frisko and I Love Inter: I apreciate every effort. Just do as much as you feel like translating. :)

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 20:26
OK Frisko how about you do 1 and 2 while I do 3 and 4? ;)

Fabio

Frisko
14 Aug 04, 20:39
Gismo, I'm still translating Ze Maria's interview, it's very long so I'll create a new thread about it in the general inter stuff forum :)

Jimmy
14 Aug 04, 20:42
How has this game ended nayway?

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 20:45
ZE MARIA:''MY PASSPORT IS BLACK AND BLUE''(part 3)

Tomorrow you will play in the Sky Trophy against AEK Athens...

''It is an important match against an important side and it will be useful to find an understanding seeing that we have played little together.We have to face the match as if we were contesting for 3 points,this way we will be able to get the energy into our legs that we need for the return match against Basel.''

For now Mancini has used you always on the outside with Javier Zanetti behind you,how have you found this?

''I have always said that me and J.Zanetti can play together very well,then the coach decides.I can also play as a right back without problems.However I repeat,it is the manager who decides how his side plays,all I can say is that I am happy to go out on the pitch.''

The other day you grazed the crossbar and took a very good free kick.How have you convinced your teammates to let you take it?

''I don't think Inter should be defined as 'Brazililan' or 'Argentinian'.We all play for the Inter team and so it is important for us to give our best for the team,indepedent from our nationality.

Part 4 coming up!;)

Fabio

Granit
14 Aug 04, 20:47
How has this game ended nayway?
yea i wanna know that too..?
can any one see the game...?

Frisko
14 Aug 04, 20:49
Lol Fabio I just saw that, I did parts 1 and 2, I m going to post them on a new thread in the General Inter Stuff forum, you post a reply with part 3 and 4 ok? :)

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 21:00
Lol Fabio I just saw that, I did parts 1 and 2, I m going to post them on a new thread in the General Inter Stuff forum, you post a reply with part 3 and 4 ok? :)

Yes No.3 is waiting to go up and I am just starting on 4,this can be a long term thing in order to aid the non Italian speaking Inter fans here about what else goes on,do you agree? ;)

Fabio

J zanetti
14 Aug 04, 21:00
game ended 5-1 :)

Marcatori: 11' e 45' Stankovic, 40’ Materazzi, 49' Mihajlovic, 53' Soares, 69' Cruz

Im glad I didnt see that a hole scoring our 4th goal!

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 21:05
I don´t hate Miha after I spoke with Tim a while ago. So I don´t care if he scored a goal. Good for him, good for Inter as long as he is still last in the pecking order.

zanetti: is your favourite color black? :D

Thrashing AEK Athen 5-1 in AMAZING!!! :eek:

J zanetti
14 Aug 04, 21:07
zanetti: is your favourite color black? :D
hehe
It actually is! However its not the reason I highlight the score in black. The only reason is because it is easier to read when someone is quickly scrolling down ;)

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 21:09
Cool :D

Deki
14 Aug 04, 21:11
The guys did well tonight crashing Aek Athen 5-1

I think it was very good that mancini continued with the same midfield players so they will slowly create a worldclass midfield to solve any problems ahead.

With the best players in the starting eleven we look scary in our opponents point of view.

Now only one thing remain in this squad and that's Cesar or Jankulovski

BTW: Stankovic is more and more becoming a very important player to our squad. A kind of Nedved.

Jimmy
14 Aug 04, 21:12
Acutally the easiest colour to read with this scrip, is YELLOW!

Fantastic yellow.

J zanetti
14 Aug 04, 21:16

Fantastic yellow.
OK, ill try yellow and see how it reads aswell ;)

as for the result -
I think it was a great outcome which will boost some of our players confidence. Especially Veron as he had a mediocre sec half against Basel.

btw. can someone confirm whether the greeks were playeing with their 1st team or not!?

Gismo
14 Aug 04, 21:26

Fantastic yellow.
Yep, Jimster is right. Yellow is the best color.

Granit
14 Aug 04, 21:32
SKY TROPHY: INTER 5 AEK ATHENS 1
Saturday, 14 August 2004 23:11:06
PISA - Inter-Aek Athens 5-1. A very good Inter has won the Sky Trophy tonight at Arena Garibaldi Stadiun in Pisa.

INTER-AEK ATHENS 5-1

Scores: 11' e 45' Stankovic, 40’ Materazzi, 49' Mihajlovic, 53' Soares, 69' Cruz

INTER: Fontana, Cordoba, Favalli, Dellafiore, Materazzi, Veron, Zé Maria , Davids, Cruz, Ventola, Stankovic
Subs: Toldo, Mihajlovic, Pasquale, Cambiasso, Eliakwu, Giani, Recoba, Karagounis
Coach Mancini

AEK ATHENS: Mihailidis, Burbos, Abonsah, Kontis, Djordjopulos, Assuncao, Katsuranis, Soares, Petkov, Konstantinidis, Liberopulos
Subs: Arabatsis, Kappos, Toskas, Kostenoglou, Solakis, Vulgaris, Tsevas, Skiampantais
Coach Santos

Referee: Trefoloni

Pani
14 Aug 04, 21:39
Only 5? :D :D :D

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 21:49
When the official website says ''a very good Inter'',you know they played well! :proud:

Stefan
14 Aug 04, 21:51
Anybody saw this game?? Can somebody tell us how davids-veron played???

INTER_FAN
14 Aug 04, 21:57
ANyone Saw the game guys?

Its killing really to know we played good cause I really wanna see Veron Davids playing together and also I also wanna see more of STan playing, its was maybe my best day when I learnt that he is moving to INTER, and he never disappointed me, he has the passion and fights, even in pain he goes back to keep running trying something.

That how u win battles, u go believing in urself and ready for any sacrifice, WE MUST HAVE THE SCUDETTO THIS YEAR.

we need a report for this game,,

By the way thanks guys for translating from Italian to English , u r awesome, wish i know Italian, maybe i should work to get a job offer in Milano :)

Have a great day everyone.

Fabio
14 Aug 04, 22:03
By the way thanks guys for translating from Italian to English , u r awesome, wish i know Italian, maybe i should work to get a job offer in Milano :)

Have a great day everyone.

You can read now the whole Ze Maria interview now and in the next few days there will be more coming, here (http://forza-inter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=559)

Fabio ;)

bobati
14 Aug 04, 22:16
I also wanna see more of STan playing, its was maybe my best day when I learnt that he is moving to INTER, and he never disappointed me, he has the passion and fights, even in pain he goes back to keep running trying something.

I agree. Stankovic is probably my favourite at Inter nowadays.

Mikkel
14 Aug 04, 22:39
wau 5-1 :eek: incredibly.

Stankovic rules . :star: He is defently the moste importent player for us at this moment. :dielaugh:

Pravesh
15 Aug 04, 00:58
I had said that, Mancini might use Della Fiore, and he did. :D

The reasons for that cud be:

# He wants Ze Maria to play more in RM, as he's expected to play there in the 2nd leg, and now it also seems that the rumours of V.Meyde are kinda ????

# If V.Meyde leaves Inter, and we don't get any RM, then we could see Della Fiore as our back up for RB.

Didn't get to watch the match, but these might be the intersting stuffs from this match:

# Davids played in the DM position, so I am really hoping from someone who watched this match to give us a report on how he played ??
# 5-1 is a very good result, but ofcourse, we shouldn't be that excited by this score.
# Karagounis played for 45 minutes.

MoH
15 Aug 04, 02:08
# Davids played in the DM position, so I am really hoping from someone who watched this match to give us a report on how he played ??

Let's hope so :hopefull: The match was exclusively aired to Sky Sport viewers in Italy only...Anyway I had a good rummage online, and from what I gathered the Inter midfield was all over the AEK defenders during the first 45 or so minutes (Apparently, the Greek side had not fielded their 1st choice defenders, and had a striker as a right back? :wth: ) after the interval and with new faces in the Inter defense, AEK start to push forwards and are rewarded with a goal by Soares and two more scored against them! The final result 5-1, nothing to brag about, except how damn amazing Stankovic is (Hehe, I always knew he was going to be our savior :lala: )

INTER: Fontana, Cordoba (46' Karagounis), Favalli (46' Pasquale), Della Fiore, Materazzi (46' Mihajlovic), Veron (57' Cambiasso), Zé Maria, Davids, Cruz (81' Giani*), Ventola (79' Eliakwu), Stankovic (46' Recoba)

[AEK**][4-2-3-1]

---------------------Michailidis--------------------

Bourbos---Amponsah---Kontis-----Tziortziopoulos

--------------Assuncao------Katsouranis--------------

Soares---------------Petkov---------------Konstantinidis

---------------------Liberopulos---------------------

Inter must have looked something like this in the 2nd half: -

[Inter][4-4-2]
---------------------Fontana---------------------

Della Fiore-----Mihajlovic---Giani*-----Pasquale

Ze Maria----Cambiasso---Davids----Karagounis

---------------Recoba------Eliakwu---------------

* = Giani only entered the scene after the 80th minute, if the substitutions were right, we must have played with a 3-man defense! Wow…

** = If the spelling looks different, it’s because Inter.it spelled them wrongly, which is quite amateur on their part.

MoH
15 Aug 04, 02:33
Damn, I actually confirmed it! Bourbos is a striker who's being turned into a Right Back!! That would explain why Stankovic had quite a performance? :P

snake
15 Aug 04, 03:48
I had said that, Mancini might use Della Fiore, and he did. :D

# Karagounis played for 45 minutes.

Yes, Good call prav. But i also told you and the rest of the people who had doubted it that Veron and Davids can play together in midfield (and do well).

Also, the 4 man midfield we saw today (Zemaria-Veron-Davids-Deki)
is probably going to be our 1st choice for the whole season. Im very happy with this.

snake
15 Aug 04, 03:50
oh btw...
Miha scored :D
lol was it a free kick? or maybe on a set piece or corner? can anyone confirm. He will be a good back up for us. Not as good as adani, but at least Miha will accept being our last resort defender since his age is so high and Adani needs/deserves 1st team.

Ari
15 Aug 04, 08:39
From C4:

Nice to read this kind of stuff

Friendlies: Five-Star Inter Sunday 15 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter demolished Greek giants AEK Athens 5-1 last night, while Cagliari, Chievo and Palermo also earned morale-boosting victories, but Parma nd Lazio struggle.

The Nerazzurri were simply stunning in their Trofeo Sky victory in Pisa, in which Coach Roberto Mancini fielded just six of last week’s starters against Basel.

Edgar Davids has recovered from a muscular problem and was able to start alongside Juan Sebastian Veron, Ze Maria and Dejan Stankovic.

The deadlock was broken after ten minutes when Veron’s free kick found Stankovic to volley in at the back post. Nicola Ventola wasted two good chances before Ze Maria hit his stride, setting up Marco Materazzi’s header and another Stankovic strike.

There were many changes after the break with Giorgios Karagounis and Alvaro Recoba place out wide, pushing Ze Maria into a fullback position.

Sinisa Mihajlovic made his debut and within three minutes scored with one of his trademark free kicks, although his lack of pace was evident when Soares grabbed AEK’s only goal of the game.

Ventola saw a goal disallowed and then was generous in cutting across for the unmarked Julio Cruz to net and complete the 5-1 rout.

Chievo also beat a Greek outfit, seeing off Panionios 3-1 on neutral turf. Succi, Semioli and Cariello’s free kick sealed the scoreline.

Bologna scraped past Spal 1-0 thanks to Fabio Pecchia’s winner, while Gianfranco Zola was on fine form as Cagliari thumped local side Montecchio Maggiore 4-0. The ex-Chelsea hero set up Loria, Bianchi and Langella before curling in a free kick himself.

The summer isn’t getting any easier for Parma, who lost 1-0 to Barcelona in Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium. Iniesta’s goal only came after 77 minutes, but the Spaniards dominated this tie from start to finish.

Lazio also suffered a Spanish setback with their 3-0 defeat in Valencia. Paolo Di Canio made his debut in a Biancocelesti jersey, but goals from Mista, Angulo and Italian international Marco Di Vaio gave Claudio Ranieri's side the victory.

Palermo continue to prepare for their return to Serie A by putting 11 goals past amateur outfit Crevalcore. Luca Toni was the star of the show, grabbing a hat-trick after receiving his first international call-up.

Frisko
15 Aug 04, 09:07
Yes, Mihajlovic scored from a free kick. Gazzetta.it also underlines the fact that he made a couple of mistakes in defense.

http://img50.exs.cx/img50/1908/Intermmmm1.jpg

:dielaugh: ;)

Handoyo
15 Aug 04, 09:20
It doesn't matter if he can score from a free kick. As a defender, that is not his main job. His main job is to protect the defence and he has failed that, according to Gazzetta.it, by making a couple of mistakes.

I truly fear the prospect of having Miha playing against Milan. Will be absolutely gutted. Why do we always have these kind of players (Who were played because they were the coach's favourite)? :( Before Miha, it was Helveg and before Helveg it was Guly. :cry:

Hand:stress:yo

J zanetti
15 Aug 04, 10:27
Sinisa Mihajlovic made his debut and within three minutes scored with one of his trademark free kicks, although his lack of pace was evident when Soares grabbed AEK’s only goal of the game.

Probably the best part of this article from C4.
Hopefully soon Mancini will realise that Mihajlovic is not worthy of a place in the team! :mad:
If they are so madly in love, then I suggest that they hook up in a coffe shop everynight and play a game or 2 of backgammon.
For god sake dont let him play! :fero:

Marco The Butcher
15 Aug 04, 10:54
Miha was never fast. Pace is not everything. Look at Naybet who is playing for Spurs now. One of the slowest defenders in the game but his experience is always something. Blanc was slow too at the same age. I am not defending Miha but he is already our player and therefore we must show him the support.

I remember when we played Lazio last April or March i think (2nd leg at San Siro) and Miha was the hero of the day. Every member here kept hailing him (except me), so pace is not everything to be a successful defender.

J zanetti
15 Aug 04, 11:31
Miha was never fast.
but he was never 35 either!

and believe me, I know that pace is not everything for a defender! ;)

Giorgio
15 Aug 04, 11:57
wau 5-1 :eek: incredibly.

Stankovic rules . :star: He is defently the moste importent player for us at this moment. :dielaugh:

At the moment and using the Basel match as evidence it would seem like Adriano and Stankovic are the two players who will carry us this season, along with JZ of course, who was uncharacteristically quiet against Basel to be honest.

Frisko
15 Aug 04, 12:05
At the moment and using the Basel match as evidence it would seem like Adriano and Stankovic are the two players who will carry us this season, along with JZ of course, who was uncharacteristically quiet against Basel to be honest.

Definetely Giorgio, plus one other name: Mr Oba Oba! ;)

sinisza
15 Aug 04, 12:10
Great Sinisa !
First match, first goal....

SB9Dragon
15 Aug 04, 14:28
I was away like all yesterday so I missed the whole match and everything. Nice to see Inter play a team and absolutely dominate. Hopefully this game helps the understanding between the players, especially Veron and Davids, to grow and gel. Staknovic definately seems to be the best player on the squad which is awesome. The side is really causing my mouth to water and I definately hope that this preperation helps the team play its best against Basel and wipe them out.

Happy to hear Karagounis played on the RW as well. If Van der Meyde leaves then we don't even need to buy a new RW (if Dellafiore moves to the first team and becomes the RWB backup...) then Ze Maria and Karagounis can play on the RW, and also Stankovic.

Fabio
15 Aug 04, 16:13
It sounds like Ze Maria had a good game setting up two goals! :)

Andy Van Der who?...... :P

Fabio

Ari
15 Aug 04, 16:50
It sounds like Ze Maria had a good game setting up two goals! :)

Fabio

As long as we don't get Cesar, our MF will be:

Stankovic-Davids-Veron-Ze Maria

We don't need winger..

Fabio
15 Aug 04, 16:53
Yes, Mihajlovic scored from a free kick. Gazzetta.it also underlines the fact that he made a couple of mistakes in defense.

http://img50.exs.cx/img50/1908/Intermmmm1.jpg

:dielaugh: ;)

:dielaugh: :D :P :star:

Hammoudi
16 Aug 04, 02:33

Fabio

I love that: Van Der who? :D :D :D. I really want ZeMaria to be successful with us, we need versatile players like him and Stan.

Fabio
16 Aug 04, 10:46

Fabio

I love that: Van Der who? :D :D :D. I really want ZeMaria to be successful with us, we need versatile players like him and Stan.

Yes Ze Maria will hopefully be a success with us and judging by the way he has started playing and his enthusiasm he is looking good to! :proud:

Fabio

Gismo
16 Aug 04, 10:49
Ze Maria certainly impressed me against Basel. He looked good and agressive though he missed the chance. But never mind that: The goals will come sooner or later. I have great faith in him.

sinisza
16 Aug 04, 13:33
In answer to : I love Inter

Yes, but he is not the only one on the field who is making mistakes

Gismo
16 Aug 04, 14:11
Well, I predict Miha will be the player who will make most mistakes when played. And the fact that other players make mistakes too certainly doesn´t make Miha look better.

Fabio
16 Aug 04, 15:59
In answer to : I love Inter

Yes, but he is not the only one on the field who is making mistakes

What comment were you answering to? :confused:

This year I think Sinisa Mihajlovic should be a back up who can do a solid job for us.

This year I think Sinisa Mihajlovic will be played too many times by Mancini,but still impress.

Fabio ;)

Jesse
16 Aug 04, 23:20
Yeah, Mancini will be doing a disservice to the team if he favors an older first year for Inter. I can understand if the guy was dedicated Interista like Javier Zanetti, but please, this is not Lazio, Miha has proved nothing to Inter yet.

mMontenegro
17 Aug 04, 01:12
Let's cut the crap.
I am not defending Miha, but some of the people are watching him very closly during the game. It is normal for every playere to make mistakes. If you watch for example Materazzi 90 minutes only, you will find a lot of mistakes.... insted of Matrix put any other football player, still he'll make mistakes.
If a football player makes terrible mistake whic has caused conceded goal, this is important to say... was Miha responsable for that goal that Inter conceded against AEK???

That's all from me. I am happy that Deki played excelent match again, and I see him as a very valueable Inter player for a lot of seasons.

sinisza
17 Aug 04, 08:36
And me I am happy to see them again in one team . Father and the son

Frisko
17 Aug 04, 10:58
Ok, let's try and make a point.

Inter wants to win the Scudetto. Last year injuries and suspensions played a big role in our bad season. We don't want to be in that situation again. We're talking about Mihajlovic, so let's consider the defense.

We have Materazzi, Cannavaro and Cordoba who have to share 2 places in the team. We have Burdisso, a very promising young player, who could compete for a starting position, and Mihajlovic, an old experienced player, that can step in if the others are injured or suspended.

Now, of course every player makes mistakes. Burdisso and Mihajlovic situation is slightly different, though. They're not starters, so they will play less than the others. That means that all they do will count more: if they play well, they will get more chances to prove themselves, if they make too many mistakes, they probably won't.

It's a question of confidence, and trust from the coach and the supporters.

Mikkel
17 Aug 04, 11:05
Mihaj still makes more mistakes then the others :fero: And I am looking forward to the day when he riteres..Then I don't have to see his u*** face in my :heart: Inter. Why of all club's in the world did he have to choose Inter. :frustrat: Because of his friend Mancio.

I don't like him and never will. End of story.

Gismo
17 Aug 04, 11:35
was Miha responsable for that goal that Inter conceded against AEK???
Yes. ;)

Mikkel
17 Aug 04, 11:44
was Miha responsable for that goal that Inter conceded against AEK???

Yes he was..But he did score a goal..So it dosen't really matter. :rolleyes:

Gismo
17 Aug 04, 11:47
It is fine that he scored that goal and all... But a defender must try not to concede goals as his first priority. Apparently he failed at doing that. He scored, that is good. But it in the end I think he will cause Inter to concede more goals than he will score.

SB9Dragon
17 Aug 04, 14:21
But what if Miha scores a goal for every mistake he makes? Would that mean he was worth the pickup? :P :D

Gismo
17 Aug 04, 14:27
Good question. Depends on the game I guess. :D

Mikkel
17 Aug 04, 14:37
but that's not gonna happend.... :D then he have to score more then 20 goals this season :eek:

Gismo
17 Aug 04, 14:41
Yeah... :P

Handoyo
17 Aug 04, 14:43
He will then break Gunnar Nordahl's record of 35 goals in a single season. :)

Hand;)yo

Frisko
17 Aug 04, 15:41
We all know that mistakes against AEK don't matter at all. Let's wait for his first official game, then we'll talk :)

Gismo
17 Aug 04, 16:13
Sure, but it is just a sign of confirmation for and me and probably others... ;)