PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2008

brehme1989
25 Nov 07, 09:01
The teams that will play are already known, so why not start the thread by now? ;)

Pot 1 (Top seeds)
Austria (host)
Switzerland (host)
Greece (defending champion)
Netherlands

Pot 2 (second seeds)
Croatia
Italy
Czech Republic
Sweden

Pot 3 (third seeds)
Romania
Germany
Portugal
Spain

Pot 4 (bottom seeds)
Poland
France
Turkey
Russia

Imagine a group of Holland, Italy, Germany and France!!! :P

This Euro will be tough for the big guns because Austria and Switzerland hold the top seeds:cool:

lonewolf19
25 Nov 07, 15:15
cant believe France is 4th seed and 3rd seed looks strongest to me for some reason.
either way, it is great England is out!!
LOL

brehme1989
25 Nov 07, 16:50
Coefficients
The seeded teams will be the host associations, with the reigning European champions if they qualify, and one or two teams with the best coefficients on the basis of results achieved in the 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying competition and/or in the qualifying competition for the 2006/08 UEFA European Football Championship. The other finalists will be assigned to the four groups by means of a draw, according to their coefficients.

Still doens't make any sense. Why make a draw about seedings in such a tournament? Its from uefa.com btw ;)

Wittmann
25 Nov 07, 17:15
Except for pot 1, nothing else is strange to me..People often mistake by looking only at names('paper favorites'), not recognizing the real strength of some smaller nations like, for example, Croatia.. ;)

Austria, Croatia, Portugal, Russia would be a nice group for my team, me thinks..

brehme1989
25 Nov 07, 19:12
But pot 1 is the one that is not strange!

1) Host nation
2) Host nation
3) Defending champions
4) Best European team based on rankings(which is still odd as it's Holland and not Italy/Portugal/Germany/France)

Anyway, the point is that pot 2 does not mean that is better than pot 3, as even UEFA says it's based on a draw ;)

shahz_nerazzurri
25 Nov 07, 21:26
Dosent Italy have a better ranking than Netherlands??

Wittmann
26 Nov 07, 11:23
You misunderstood me, Yuko..I know how it goes, it's just the names who are strange to be found in the strongest group..

Shahz, it's not about ranking, Netherlands have better coefficient than Italy..

brehme1989
26 Nov 07, 11:32
Yes, the names are indeed strange :P

And yes, it's coefficients not rankings...:embarass: But rankings are based on coefficients, or not? :confused:

Michal
28 Nov 07, 12:49
Euro 2008 draw (2 December 2007)
[12:00 CET]

ATV Turkey
BBC Two (All Regions)
Diema
EuroSport France
HRT 2
La Sexta
LTV 2 Lithuania
LTV 7 Latvia
M6
M6 Swiss
Magyar 1 (M1)
NED 1
NET Hellas
NTV+ Football
ORF 1
Polsat Sport
Polsat TV
Prima TV (Cze)
RAI Due
RTÉ Two
Rustavi 2
SF 2
Sjonvarpid
Sport TV2
SuperSport 3 [ZA]
SuperSport Maximo
TOP Channel
TSi 2
TSR 2
TV2 Danmark
TV3 Slovenia
TV4 Sweden
TVi Portugal
TVR 1
YLE Extra
ZDF

D - 02/12/07 - 13:55 OBN BiH
D - 02/12/07 - 18:00 EuroSport 2 Germany
D - 02/12/07 - 18:00 EuroSport 2 HU

catanha
02 Dec 07, 02:30
I expect England to win this, I think it's their time and their golden generation is going to deliver.

:lol:

brehme1989
02 Dec 07, 10:56
Group A
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Portugal
Turkey

Group B
Austria
Croatia
Germany
Poland

Group C
Holland
Italy
Romania
France

Group D
Greece
Sweden
Spain
Russia

brehme1989
02 Dec 07, 10:58
Group D is the same as 2004, except for Sweden<->Portugal !!! And apparently all group positions came out as the pots were set!!(it was a draw!)

Group C is a death group! If Spain was in there instead of Romania it'd be the best group I've ever seen in a Euro!

Group A seems interesting

Group B does not excite me ;p

lonewolf19
02 Dec 07, 11:02
omg Group C of Euro is sooo fuking scary. Tough luck Romania
The defending Champ does not have an easy group either.

szasza02
02 Dec 07, 11:05
my guess:
a: CZ, POR
b: CRO, GER
c: WTF???? maybe ITA, FRA but I'm not sure about france
d: SWE, RUS (?)
can't wait, cause it's going to be a very hard tournament for everyone

Handoyo
02 Dec 07, 11:34
Wow! Group C is certainly the most interesting. Though am I the only one who finds it stupid that teams from the qualifying group can be drawn together again in the Finals? Italy & France must be sick of facing each other now. And let's not underestimate Romania, they had a good qualifying campaign I believe. Going with the theme though, I found it stupid that Romania is playing Holland again. :wallbang:

Rimpel
02 Dec 07, 11:36
omg Group C of Euro is sooo fuking scary. Tough luck Romania
The defending Champ does not have an easy group either.
Don't count Romania out, they're a good team and topped their group over the Netherlands. But yeah, it's a tough group for them.
Italy-France again :D They just can't avoid each other.

As for Sweden, I think we get a a pretty tough group. Then again, none of the groups look particularly easy:| We have a chance against every team in the group (especially Russia I think, who were a bit lucky to qualify... but still, they have Hiddink). Here's hoping Spain will choke again:)

****, just realized that we'll face one of the teams from group C in the quarter finals... if we qualify, that is.

lonewolf19
02 Dec 07, 11:40
Heres the EURO 2008 Fixture

Group A
June 7 Switzerland-Czech Republic (17.00, Basel)
June 7 Portugal-Turkey (19.45, Geneva)
June 11 Czech Republic-Portugal (17.00, Geneva)
June 11 Switzerland-Turkey (19.45, Basel)
June 17 Switzerland-Portugal (19.45, Basel)
June 17 Turkey-Czech Republic (19.45, Geneva)

Group B
June 8 Austria-Croatia (17.00, Vienna)
June 8 Germany-Poland (19.45, Klagenfurt)
June 12 Croatia-Germany (17.00, Klagenfurt)
June 12 Austria-Poland (19.45, Vienna)
June 16 Austria-Germany (19.45, Vienna)
June 16 Poland-Croatia (19.45, Klagenfurt)

Group C
June 9 Romania-France (17.00, Zurich)
June 9 Holland-Italy (19.45, Berne)
June 13 Italy-Romania (17.00, Zurich)
June 13 Holland-France (19.45, Berne)
June 21 Holland-Romania (19.45, Berne)
June 21 France-Italy (19.45, Zurich)

Group D
June 10 Spain-Russia (17.00, Innsbruck)
June 10 Greece-Sweden (19.45, Salzburg)
June 14 Sweden-Spain (17.00, Innsbruck)
June 14 Greece-Russia (19.45, Salzburg)
June 18 Greece-Spain (19.45, Salzburg)
June 18 Russia-Sweden (19.45, Innsbruck)

Quarter-Finals
June 19 Winner Gp A v Runner-up Gp B (19.45, Basel)
June 20 Winner Gp B v Runner-up Gp A (19.45, Vienna)
June 21 Winner Gp C v Runner-up Gp D (19.45, Basel)
June 22 Winner Gp D v Runner-up Gp C (19.45, Vienna)

Semi-Finals
June 25 Winner of June 19 QF v Winner of June 20 QF (19.45, Basel)
June 26 Winner of June 21 QF v Winner of June 22 QF (19.45, Vienna)

Final
June 29 (19.45, Vienna)

Adriano@10
02 Dec 07, 11:41
Wohohoohohohooh Italy-France is played in zurich!!!!!!!!

INTER
02 Dec 07, 12:23
After 8 years of waiting, I'm getting this group? Holland, France & Italy... I'm still thinking I might be dreaming.

sergiu.inter
02 Dec 07, 12:44
Group C
Holland
Italy
Romania
France

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL....ahahaha :lol: too easy,Romania will win this one! nothing more to add. :lol:

sergiu.inter
02 Dec 07, 12:47
Wohohoohohohooh Italy-France is played in zurich!!!!!!!!

hey,cool for u,u can go to almost all the matches in the WC :D i was in zurich this summer holiday but i won't think i'll be there for the WC altough some friends invited me to go.
good luck and forza switzerland :D

INTER
02 Dec 07, 12:51
hey,cool for u,u can go to almost all the matches in the WC :D

What the hell are you talking about? :lol:

brehme1989
02 Dec 07, 13:13
he's talking about the toilets :D

rockball
02 Dec 07, 13:20
Wow! Group C is certainly the most interesting. Though am I the only one who finds it stupid that teams from the qualifying group can be drawn together again in the Finals? Italy & France must be sick of facing each other now. And let's not underestimate Romania, they had a good qualifying campaign I believe. Going with the theme though, I found it stupid that Romania is playing Holland again. :wallbang:

I agree..teams that have faced each other in qualifying should not be together...its time France gets kicked by some other team :D

Gaetan
02 Dec 07, 15:01
This is lovely. A group of death would usually cause some fear, but knowing Italy, it is better to be motivated from the very beggining. That shaky start, like World Cup 2006 should not happen again. Well, due from lack of preparation or motivation, anyway.

It's retarded that we play France again. But, the rivalry continues. Come get some, frenchies. :D

Mirrt07
02 Dec 07, 15:15
Hahahah, poor holland is always in a death group :D and they always face Romania, and French Italy.. If French and Italy play a draw, there is a chance for Romania or Holland.

and the french coach looked so happy lol, ahum :D

INTER
02 Dec 07, 15:17
If French and Italy play a draw, there is a chance for Romania or Holland.

I really hope some divine force will hear you. :D

Gaetan
02 Dec 07, 15:19
Domenech doesn't even know where to start with his dissapointed. He doesn't know what the fvck has hit him!

Destiny, my friend. Be careful what you wish for.

Zamat
02 Dec 07, 22:15
Oh, and these draws are never fixed, are they? :rolleyes:

shahz_nerazzurri
02 Dec 07, 23:13
Lol Domenech's reaction gave me a good laugh.

Responding - after a fashion - to an Italian journalist's question regarding the coach's reunion with Azzurri defender Marco Materazzi, the coach fumed, "I won't speak of that.

"The Italians do that, they provoke me and then capitalise on what I say, but I won't do it."

:D:D . Atleast the idiot knows that everyone in the world just laughs at him.

Hammoudi
03 Dec 07, 00:40
I don't know if that is true or not, but I read somewhere that he stormed out of the conference.

For real, the French have a flair for drama, they create drama from anything!

shahz_nerazzurri
03 Dec 07, 01:08
yeah, he left the conference after those comments. Oh how much would I love to see Italy go along with Romania/Holland, and France finish fourth in the group.

Also what's wrong wtih Billic??

"People talk about the group of death but I can give you 20 reasons why this is the most difficult group.

"Here are three: Austria are playing at home, Germany are one of the best teams in the world and Poland are here for the first time which is a good motivation."

. I think Billic is loving the fame he is getting, after dumping England out of Euros.

I dont expect Poland or Austria to give Croatia or Germany any problems, in what is definitely the easiest group of the Euros.

Choppin Onions
03 Dec 07, 09:51
I think Austria is one of the lowest ranked European countries. Even Canada could probably take 3pts from them. I see Croatia and Germany having a relatively easy time with that group.

The other groups are definitely more equal in talent, with Group C being just plain brutal. The rivalry is getting stronger with each year that passes between Italy and France. Hopefully, the Azzurri send those frogs packing. Group D doesn't look half-bad either with 4 strong teams.

It's a gut feeling but I feel the eventual winners will come out of the Iberian penninsula. Spain has been choking at every major tournament for decades now. You wonder how long it can go on with such great players? And the Portuguese have a wealth of young talent coming into it's own once again.

rockball
03 Dec 07, 15:00
Portugal are surely one of the favourites.
Deco, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Nani, Rui Costa...there is a wealth of attacking talent there..Defence is good enough and add the penalty saving keeper they possess..only problem seems the lack of a striker

UhUhOleguer
05 Dec 07, 11:53
I think Austria is one of the lowest ranked European countries. Even Canada could probably take 3pts from them. I see Croatia and Germany having a relatively easy time with that group.

The other groups are definitely more equal in talent, with Group C being just plain brutal. The rivalry is getting stronger with each year that passes between Italy and France. Hopefully, the Azzurri send those frogs packing. Group D doesn't look half-bad either with 4 strong teams.

It's a gut feeling but I feel the eventual winners will come out of the Iberian penninsula. Spain has been choking at every major tournament for decades now. You wonder how long it can go on with such great players? And the Portuguese have a wealth of young talent coming into it's own once again.

well, if I remember right, Canada actually beat Austria in a friendly some time ago..so..you have a point.

Croatia and germany should walk it...

I predict a Germany-anyone from France/Italy/netherlands final...

sergiu.inter
07 Dec 07, 16:56
What the hell are you talking about? :lol:

wc,ec...same shit...and yeah...actually i was talking about the toilettes :lol:

INTER
07 Dec 07, 17:00
wc,ec...same shit...and yeah...actually i was talking about the toilettes :lol:

You'll be a proud Romanian when we'll win the Euro 2008! :lol: Just wait and see...

AntonTheGreat
07 Dec 07, 17:04
As much as i like the romanian team, and my undefeated streak using them in fifa 08, i don't think they can qualify, to be honest, i see it being hard for even italia. As much as i like italia, they failed to impress me, and with actual HARD teams in their group, their in for a rude awakening.

Heres the good news about italia though, no matter what i say about them or predict, the complete oppisiste happens, this has happened on over 10 predictions in the wc and euro qualifiers. haha.

Jonnie_Venom89
08 Dec 07, 18:00
Portugal are surely one of the favourites.
Deco, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Nani, Rui Costa...there is a wealth of attacking talent there..Defence is good enough and add the penalty saving keeper they possess..only problem seems the lack of a striker

Rui Costa is over and out........add Veloso to the mix:D

Jonnie_Venom89
08 Dec 07, 18:03
In Group C ....the first match will be crucial for Romania.....If we manage to win against France ( who haven't start big tournaments very good lately,remember france-senegal 0-1 ) then we could make a draw/win against Holland and qualify. I'm not even thinking about beating Italy , because we have always had a bad record against them,they always beat us 1-0 or 2-0.But nowadays.......everything is possible:)

INTER
08 Dec 07, 18:31
In Group C ....the first match will be crucial for Romania.....If we manage to win against France ( who haven't start big tournaments very good lately,remember france-senegal 0-1 ) then we could make a draw/win against Holland and qualify. I'm not even thinking about beating Italy , because we have always had a bad record against them,they always beat us 1-0 or 2-0.But nowadays.......everything is possible:)

After 8 years of waiting a Romanian fan can't be really sad after this draw. We either have the hope that we will somehow qualify, if not it will still be nice to see all these though games against Netherlands, France & Italy.

sergiu.inter
08 Dec 07, 20:56
actually,i don't really care what Romania will do in this EC :P i've stopped supporting them since 2004..i want Italy to win it or Portugal ( dunno why :P )

rockball
01 Apr 08, 17:12
http://www.goal.com/en-india/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=642832

:rolleyes:
Tell me this is an April Fools joke

brehme1989
02 Apr 08, 16:42
http://www.goal.com/en-india/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=642832

:rolleyes:
Tell me this is an April Fools joke

You could try reading the whole thing btw :D
April Fool, Goal.com

Bes
18 May 08, 07:03
Hey people this Euro 2008 will not be as interesting as others in the pasts, cause there isnt one of the best national teams in the world - ENGLAND. I dont support them, but I want to see an very interesting competition. I will support Italia as most of you and would like to see Croatia does well.

brehme1989
18 May 08, 16:10
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cro Nerazzurro
25 May 08, 14:57
I am trying to pick up 2 teams from each group that I wont to go to next phaze....

1st Czech and Swiss

3rd France and Holland

4th Greece and Sweden

in 2nd, Croatia ofcourse and dont know about othe one...I love Poland, like Gemrany...Ivanschitz..
Poland probably

brehme1989
25 May 08, 17:40
You like Ivanschitz? :) How come?

Adam
25 May 08, 19:10
I think Sweden and Russia wil go through. Logics tell me Russia and Spain go through but my gut says otherwise.

Spain just have a habit of choking and they're clear favourites to win the group if not the entire tournament.

Cro Nerazzurro
25 May 08, 21:33
You like Ivanschitz? :) How come?

Saw him first time against Croatia some ears ago, and I was impressed, and now I like him.
Simple:)

Adam
26 May 08, 01:14
A, Switzerland & Portugal
B, Croatia & Germany
C, France & Holland
D, Sweden & Russia

Poland could surprise, Would love to see them go through, but they always below their ability in the Championships. Group C is gonna be a killer. I don't fancy Italy's chances seeing as France has the best midfield out of all teams and they got good defenders and attackers aswell. Italy feel weak in defence, oddly enough, and their midfield doesn't feel strong. They have a sublime attack though. Holland probably has the strongest team offensively because both midfield and attack is awesome.

Choppin Onions
26 May 08, 05:31
Switzerland and Portugal
Germany and Croatia (could be tough without Eduardo though)
Italy and Romania
Spain and Sweden

I have no basis for picking Romania. I just hate the French and the Netherlands, for all their attacking flair, weren't too impressive in Germany two years ago or in the Qualifying for '08. Romania has a pretty decent squad too.

I maintain my position that the winner of this tournament will either be Portugal or Spain, despite their shortcomings.

rockball
26 May 08, 05:49
I want Italy and Romania to go thru too.
Forza Mutu
Forza Chivu

Luka
26 May 08, 06:20
in 2nd, Croatia ofcourse and dont know about othe one...I love Poland, like Gemrany...Ivanschitz..
Poland probably
Hehe. Croatia ofcourse ? :)

Wouldn't be so sure. I know you are routing for your country, but I think we can both agree that Germany no matter what will advance from the group.

And Austra seems the weakest link here.

So it should come down to you and us, and I think it is a close call, it can go either way.

I saw how you were all happy at the Euro draw. What was that all about ? :P

Italy feel weak in defence, oddly enough, and their midfield doesn't feel strong.
What the hell man ;)

I think you, as well as me know by now, that no matter who plays there, they always seem very solid at the back. They can have problems out front, but for most of the time, it is something to score agains them. (I mean only on tournaments, no qualificiations, or friendlies).

brehme1989
26 May 08, 11:35
Saw him first time against Croatia some ears ago, and I was impressed, and now I like him.
Simple:)

He plays for PAO (on loan, he will probably get a full transfer soon) and he along with Karagounis have been very good at the dying moments of the season. There were problems with coach, board and fans etc, the atmosphere was terrible within the club, but in the end when things got okay, Karagounis and Ivanschitz were AMAZING. Hopefully we'll see them play like that together in next year's Champions League, along with a few good other new transfers :)

You should also see his latest goal Vs AEK in the Greek championship :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl5udJq8KUw&feature=related

Goals of that game. Your player scored 2 :D

Cro Nerazzurro
26 May 08, 12:21
Man he is genious:d Great goals:)

I know he is playing for PAO and I am thinking to change sides, from Olympiacos to Pao:) Karagounis and Ivan is just too much not to cheer for them:)

Forza Greece:D I have Greece jersey and wear it a lot, not to mention how much I will wear it during Euro:)

and Luka, I said 'Croatia ofcourse' to cheer for, not that they will go thru...
Teams I mentioned are teams I will cheer for.

But for sure they arent favorites, most of them.

I love Poland too and would love them to go thru with us. But I wouldnt mind Germany or Austria either.

Smolarek is my Poland hero:) love him

oh, not to mention me and 2 friends made techno-house band called BakJop...You know who they are:)

Luka
26 May 08, 13:14
and Luka, I said 'Croatia ofcourse' to cheer for, not that they will go thru...
Teams I mentioned are teams I will cheer for.

Yeah I knew that ;)

Luka
26 May 08, 21:28
In the meantime, I have two videos for you, just to fill in the time :)

A goal of Krzynowek for 2:2 in 87'th minute in a Portugal - Poland game(Euro qualification).
ps. Cry Cristiano, cry :D

This how it looked like in the TV:
IdEB9BGyasE&feature=related

And this is, how it looked like in the polish sector :):):)

0J6Nq5NIw-w

Cro Nerazzurro
26 May 08, 23:34
Poland is one crazy country and I love it:D

Tell me, one Polish man told me, that in Poland, its not recomended to wear any jersey of any countries or clubs or someone will most probably beat u up...?

Ok, I expect it if Dinamo fan wears Dinamo shirt here in Split, he would end up at sanitary, or West Ham fan wearing WH jersey at Millwall, but in Poland you cant wear Man U jersey on streets for example?
Or someone fooled me?

lonewolf19
26 May 08, 23:57
A. Portugal & Czech
B. Germany & Croatia
C. Italy & Netherlands
D. Spain & Sweden

Luka
27 May 08, 06:16
Poland is one crazy country and I love it:D

Tell me, one Polish man told me, that in Poland, its not recomended to wear any jersey of any countries or clubs or someone will most probably beat u up...?

Ok, I expect it if Dinamo fan wears Dinamo shirt here in Split, he would end up at sanitary, or West Ham fan wearing WH jersey at Millwall, but in Poland you cant wear Man U jersey on streets for example?
Or someone fooled me?
Noooo. As far as I know.

I don't see many people wearing forein club t-shirts, but myabe it's just my lack.

But I wear my Inter t-shirt from time to time, and I didn't have to get know any doctor because of it :P Also I saw a guy wearing Juve shirt, or whatever that was, and he was alright.

True, it's better for you not to demonstrate polish club t-shirt on the streets, but a forein one, that is something new to me.

Cro Nerazzurro
27 May 08, 11:53
Maybe then its just in some town, or part of town,...I heared it from guy who works in hotel, or mybe he was just Man U fan and didnt like us Gunners:D

But I had to ask and check.

Still, Forza Poland, Forza Kubica, Forza Smolarek, Bak & Jop...:D

Luka
27 May 08, 12:49
Still, Forza Poland, Forza Kubica, Forza Smolarek, Bak & Jop...:D
You are pretty knolegable girl, aren't you ? :P

Cro Nerazzurro
27 May 08, 13:24
If I got that 'knolegable' word right, then I am:D

and that is just small part of it...

Luka
27 May 08, 13:32
(Like Jim Carrey said in Ace Ventura)Oh re-he-he-he-eally... :P

Well maybe some day, I will be able to talk to you in peson and see what is the largest part of it all :>

Cro Nerazzurro
27 May 08, 13:40
Gotta love Jim Carrey and his houmor:D

Luka
27 May 08, 13:43
Gotta love the guy :]

He is absolutely hilarious.

Alex de Large
28 May 08, 10:30
Donadoni drops Montolivo, **** Italia, i'am going with Holland now.

rockball
28 May 08, 12:01
Aaaaahhhh. I was so hoping Borriello or Aquilani would get the drop.
I really thought only Montolivo could contribute something of those.

A midfield of Camoranesi-De Rossi-Gattuso-Pirlo is good but too stale or predictable now. Montolivo could add some freshness to it.

Hammoudi
29 May 08, 02:12
MOFO Domenech drops Mexes!!! WTF, this guy is obviously disturbed. I bet some at the FFF still has it for Mexes because he had a fight with Roux (old Bourdeaux coach.)

I mean FFS he is taking Boumsoung!!! I am better than Boumsong.

Alex de Large
29 May 08, 02:27
What about Thuram LOL, Domenech is clearly a joke and i hope to see holland and italy go into the 1/4 just to see him fired.

Clichy, Flamini, Sagna, Trezeguet, Mexes, and Frey will not be starter, the same did happen in the last wc with bartezz out of form as a starter.

Gaetan
29 May 08, 03:24
Disturbing to see Montolivo get dropped. I was rooting for the kid, he had a fantastic season.

Hammoudi
29 May 08, 04:09
What about Thuram LOL, Domenech is clearly a joke and i hope to see holland and italy go into the 1/4 just to see him fired.

Clichy, Flamini, Sagna, Trezeguet, Mexes, and Frey will not be starter, the same did happen in the last wc with bartezz out of form as a starter.

Damn, I totally forgot about Clichy, it seems he isn't even called up! So one of the most solid LB's in football isn't good enough. Abidal and Evra are good, but Clichy is sound in both defence and offence.

Almost every French coach does weird stuff, wonder what the next one will do, probably drop a good Benzema because he doesn't 'fit.'

shahz_nerazzurri
29 May 08, 05:49
Wow Boumsong and Squillaci instead of Mexes!!!!, Lassana Diarra and a 36 year old Makelele instead of Flamini. Didnt bother to call up Trezaguet!!
Domenech hates Italy more than I hate England. I am surprised he took Frey with him, but I am guessing he will always Coupet in the starting X1.

I am cheering for Italy and Romania to go through from the group. I dont hate the dutch team, but I am supporting Romania cause of Chivu and Mutu.

Handoyo
29 May 08, 05:58
I wonder why are you guys so surprised with Mexes' exclusion? :googly: I thought it's widely known that he's high up on Dommy's books. And it's not rocket science that there is something very wrong in Domenech's brain.

Though I must admit, Flamini's exclusion and Diarra's call-up was unexpected and hilarious. :lol:

brehme1989
29 May 08, 08:39
Domenech will sign for Lyon after the tournament no matter what, so I don't think he cares that much :P Of course he wants to win the thing, but I'm pretty sure he wants to make friends that he can take with him over there

M.Adnan
29 May 08, 08:42
Clichy? what kind of a moron that refuses to atleast include Clichy in his team? :howler:

oh dear. Trezeguet? Flamini? Mexes? well, it's always good to have a fool running a team that you hate.

brehme1989
29 May 08, 13:24
I'm always neutral in such tournaments, but I always have slight preferences. But since Greece is in, I will support them, but I'm not optimistic. Teams that I like: Switzerland, Portugal from 1st group, Germany and Croatia from 2nd group, all but France in group 3:lol:, and bizarly in Greece's group I like all countries:D

Other than Greece, I'd like Croatia, Holland or Russia to win it. But Spain are the favourites in my books. It's gonna be a tough one between Germany, Spain, Portugal as I see it.

Choppin Onions
30 May 08, 01:11
Disturbing to see Montolivo get dropped. I was rooting for the kid, he had a fantastic season.

He's become a good player but he just would've been a backup for Pirlo. Aquilani is more dynamic than Montolivo and adds different dimensions to the attack.

And I can't believe Boumsong still represents a good footballing nation. He's been a disaster since his Newcastle days. What's next? Titus Bramble being called up by Capello?

lonewolf19
30 May 08, 01:28
He's become a good player but he just would've been a backup for Pirlo. Aquilani is more dynamic than Montolivo and adds different dimensions to the attack.

And I can't believe Boumsong still represents a good footballing nation. He's been a disaster since his Newcastle days. What's next? Titus Bramble being called up by Capello?

Next is Robbie Fowler and Emile Heskey starting as England strikers

Khalifa
01 Jun 08, 00:30
I wonder why are you guys so surprised with Mexes' exclusion? :googly: I thought it's widely known that he's high up on Dommy's books. And it's not rocket science that there is something very wrong in Domenech's brain.

Though I must admit, Flamini's exclusion and Diarra's call-up was unexpected and hilarious. :lol:

L.Diarra is actually been exceptional this season in England and hes been impressive in that Makalele role, it seems that hes the replacement.

rockball
01 Jun 08, 05:42
A reason for Diarra'a inclusion is the fact that he kept changing clubs from Chelsea to Arsenal to Portsmouth just to get to play in the national team. I am sure a national team coach would like to see that.

Ziyad
01 Jun 08, 06:50
I actually thought Diarra wasnt a good player at all...I saw the match yesterday and he was extremely good.Hope to see more of him to judge him better but if he is always like what i saw yesterday than i will always like him..

Luka
02 Jun 08, 13:48
I really think there is something wrong with Domenechs brain.

I heard even once, from polish journalist, that Domenech is making his calls very much based on astrology, zodiac signes and all this sh1t.

I wonder what is public opinion in France about not bringing Mexes, Flamini and Trezeguet.

Handoyo
04 Jun 08, 08:28
Yes, Luke. I read that the way he seat his players in the dining table according to their zodiacs. :D

rockball
06 Jun 08, 11:39
Too many Euro threads :stuckup:

Lets just discuss everything in this thread.

Luka
06 Jun 08, 13:47
Tommorow Portugal, and our future prodigy - Quaresma.

Can't wait for the game, and also I hope we will snatch him soon. Very soon.

Oh.... yeah...

brehme1989
06 Jun 08, 23:23
Too many Euro threads :stuckup:

Lets just discuss everything in this thread.

Totally agree. It's getting ridiculous to catch up with the comments made on each thread:rules:

NimAraya
07 Jun 08, 12:28
Anyone know what time is the inauguration ceremonies?!

Alessandro
07 Jun 08, 12:54
Does anyone think Ibra can secure highest goal scorer?... I have faith =)

Forza Italia...

Cro Nerazzurro
07 Jun 08, 13:44
Swiss - Czech 1st match....

HM,...Ill support Swiss probably, althought now when nedved is not there I like Czech too...
Will be a great opener

Portugal - Turkey...
Forza Turkey in this mathc all the way...I dislike Portugal and hope they burn

Luka
07 Jun 08, 18:35
I dislike Portugal too, but it's Quaresma, so...

Let him play good game, and Portugal to draw. That would be ok.

Luka
07 Jun 08, 18:45
Quaresma on the bench and sissy on the field. Joke.

Principe
07 Jun 08, 19:17
are you serious???? you think a team would choose Quaresma over Ronaldo??? honestly i understand people hating Ronaldo i really hate his guts but there's no way Quaresma is better than him I'm pretty sure he's better than Quaresma in almost every level....

Principe
07 Jun 08, 19:21
What I'm trying to say is that if we could get both C.Ronaldo and Quaresma for the same amount of money we'd be crazy to go for Quaresma.....Ronaldo is much faster and scores much more goals and is much more dangerous....

Principe
07 Jun 08, 19:26
Ronaldo hit the post.....this game is a nice game to watch...I'm really enjoying it

Luka
07 Jun 08, 19:35
What I'm trying to say is that if we could get both C.Ronaldo and Quaresma for the same amount of money we'd be crazy to go for Quaresma.....Ronaldo is much faster and scores much more goals and is much more dangerous....
I hope we will see the anwer in this years EURO. I really do.

I saw a couple of pretty objective members of other forums, that they would take Quaresma over Ronaldo anyday. For the same reason I've stated - Ronaldo doesn't exist in big games.

What have you seen today of this "WORLDS BEST PLAYER AT THE MOMENT" ? Absolutely nothing besides that free-kick. That is a joke, this dude is higly overated, and I hope his EURO and then Real Madrid spell will show his true colors.

Alex de Large
07 Jun 08, 19:40
You can take Ronaldo if it's the same amount, but the fact is that is not, Ronaldo price right now must be about 50 (and morons from madrid maybe pay 70 or 80 for him) and Quaresma is the half of that, 25.
How is Ronaldo more talented? i mean, he is the better player now, but they both were equal before leaving to United/Barcelona.

Hope to see RQ in the second half for Simao or something..

Adam
07 Jun 08, 19:49
Quaresma will come on and do more in ten minutes than Ronaldo did the entire first half. Ronaldo should be so greatfull to his United teammates because if it wasn't for them he wouldn't even be mentioned as a contender for the Golden Ball let alone as "the best player in the World". It's quite funny really how little he can create for himself and for his teammates being nr 1 and all.

He get's the ball and all the space in the World and he does a little movement with his foot then passes it back to the defenders. He does that all the time, had it been Ibra, Kaka, Totti, Messi and the Ronaldinho of old they would challenge or wait for a teammate and create something forward. He just passes it back and then runs into the box. Funny people still consider him a winger. If he's a winger then why doesn't he roam down the wing and cross the ball?

Deco has been fantastic though. It's been a long time since he impressed me like this. Basicly done everything in midfield for them. If he could play like this at club level and stop shooting from distance all the time I'd welcome him at Inter.

Principe
07 Jun 08, 19:49
You can take Ronaldo if it's the same amount, but the fact is that is not, Ronaldo price right now must be about 50 (and morons from madrid maybe pay 70 or 80 for him) and Quaresma is the half of that, 25.
How is Ronaldo more talented? i mean, he is the better player now, but they both were equal before leaving to United/Barcelona.

Hope to see RQ in the second half for Simao or something..

Because like you said right now CR is the better player....and ofcourse I'd go for Quaresma because he's much cheaper and only a bit behind him talent wise.....

And your example doesn't say much because Adriano at a time was better than Torres and Eto however today he'd play second fiddle to Cruz so that's not saying much....

Alex de Large
07 Jun 08, 19:54
http://edbatista.typepad.com/edbatista/images/2006/06/Overrated.gif http://images.worldcupblog.org/net/ronaldo-diving.jpg

Principe
07 Jun 08, 19:56
i want to see Quaresma as soon as possible.... not Nani but Quaresma if Nani comes in first i'll get furious

Principe
07 Jun 08, 19:57
and i hope he does better than Ronaldo that would make my day.....If we can get Quaresma I hope he shows his worth without really making his price go up in any way

Alex de Large
07 Jun 08, 20:08
What a goal from Pepe..

Principe
07 Jun 08, 20:12
bring on quaresma

Principe
07 Jun 08, 20:13
Nani goes in.....and no Quaresma yet and Ronaldo got the arm band...

Principe
07 Jun 08, 20:27
ricardo mareiles or whatever his name is just got on the pitch.....No quaresma..this sucks Ronaldo with a good run and a pass to Deco (who's had a good game)......I want to see Quaresma

Luka
07 Jun 08, 20:39
End of the game. Another average(at best!) performence, from so called the best player in the world ATM.

LOL.

Ronaldo should be so greatfull to his United teammates because if it wasn't for them he wouldn't even be mentioned as a contender for the Golden Ball let alone as "the best player in the World".
Word.

NimAraya
07 Jun 08, 20:48
Nice match by Quaresma!:D

Luka
07 Jun 08, 21:49
Deffinetly better than Ronaldo, after all this hype about him.

rockball
08 Jun 08, 04:57
Was Ronaldo given the armband? What an incredibly poor decision.

shahz_nerazzurri
08 Jun 08, 05:39
Shouldnt we be discussing this game in Group A thread, and not here??

Also respect to all of you hating Ronaldo, because of his ManU ties, but this Ronaldo bashing looks more like, you people trying to convince yourself that he is bad, than anyone else.

What do you want this guy to do?? Score a hat trick every game?

IF he is overrated, then I pray to god, to give us an overrated player like Ronaldo to Inter, to make us lead to the CL and Scudetto.

Also, I didnt see the game. But seriosuly why was Quaresma on the bench, and Simao playing in the game???

Sassuolu
08 Jun 08, 08:23
Lol Ronaldo did some amazing things like for example that free kick and when he passed about 3 players at one go... I hate him to but you gotta admit the boy has skills.

Luka
08 Jun 08, 08:27
Shouldnt we be discussing this game in Group A thread, and not here??

Also respect to all of you hating Ronaldo, because of his ManU ties, but this Ronaldo bashing looks more like, you people trying to convince yourself that he is bad, than anyone else.

What do you want this guy to do?? Score a hat trick every game?

IF he is overrated, then I pray to god, to give us an overrated player like Ronaldo to Inter, to make us lead to the CL and Scudetto.

Also, I didnt see the game. But seriosuly why was Quaresma on the bench, and Simao playing in the game???
Or maybe you are trying to convince yourself, that we are only convincing ourself of the fact you stated ?

If he wasn't that hyped I wouldn't give a sh1t what he does in Portugal. But if some 5 year old kids from english media are calling him over and over the best in the world, I'm allowed to expect that he rise up to this term. If he can't(and another time he proved he can't), I can bash him. I never said he is poor, he is very good winger, but he is nowhere near Messi level for example. The only problem of Messi are his injuries, but whenever he plays he drives Barca with him. Just like the games against Man Utd, where Ronaldo didn't show anything(AGAIN).

Handoyo
08 Jun 08, 18:50
Guys, I think we should discuss about the matches, or each player in their respective group's threads. I'll lock this thread now. :)

Jimmy
08 Jun 08, 19:12
For you Swedish people, or people who can read Swedish, I'd advice you to go to www.fotbollsem08.se (http://www.fotbollsem08.se) and read the match-reports during this month. They will be all done by yours truly, and BY FAR the quickest published on the Internet after matches.