PDA

View Full Version : Cannavaro's Inter future

Pages : [1] 2

Pravesh
16 Aug 04, 17:39
Ok,

It does seem that Cannavaro's Inter future is in doubt, actually it has been in doubt since sometime. And after the arrivals of Burdisso and Mihajlovic, the case is getting more and more interesting. No doubt, the rumours are flying over. And it does make kinda sense.

Before it used to be Vieri and Cannavaro's future in doubt, but now it only seems on Cannavaro's future.

These are the defenders, we are supposed to have:

Cordoba
Burdisso
Materazzi
Mihajlovic

# If we sell Cannavaro.

And from that list, I actually only see one world class defender - Cordoba, in the absence of Cannavaro. It's been said that Burdisso will fill the gap, and is the new Samuel of Argentina; but what if, it is proved wrong ??

Don't know why, but from what I have heard, there's a very good chance that Burdisso will partner Cordoba well in the near future (this coming season, if not from the very beginning).

BUT !!
If Cordoba and Cannavaro can play in the middle very well (back 4), then I won't mind Inter not selling Cannavaro.

Lets see .....

# If we sell Cannavaro, then we might lack one defender, coz I also expect Adani to be sold ?? And I doubt Sorondo wud fill that gap, but who knows ??

Pravesh
16 Aug 04, 17:41
Well, I voted - Don't know. ;)

There's no need to keep Cannavaro, if he's to be benched, or have competition between Cordoba and Cannavaro. But if both of them can play together as RCB and LCB, then keep him. :stuckup:

But if that's not the case, then I guess it's better to sell him, if we get good $$. ;)

Mikkel
16 Aug 04, 17:48
I voted-Dont sell. If there is somthing I don't wanna see it's him shine in another team. And I don't think we shall sell one of our best defenders that will be stupid.

SB9Dragon
16 Aug 04, 17:48
I think it all matters how much money is offered for him. Though I personally would like him to stay. He is a great defender who may have been a little shaky at times but is still one of the best.

BTW Real Madrid have supposedly targeted him as the main defender they want added to their team to partner Samuel.

Pod
16 Aug 04, 18:30
Sell him and buy Chivu.

M.M#23
16 Aug 04, 18:43
well i am one of those who think that Cannavaro will shine this season IMO. if we sell him he will become one of those who left our club and performed in a stratospheric way in other clubs, and I don't want Cannavaro to be one of those.

Frisko
16 Aug 04, 19:52
Definetely Don't Sell Him.

If we are to win the Scudetto we need a rock-solid defence. We need at least 3 champions, and Cordoba, Matrix and Cannavaro are 3 champions. (yes, I include Materazzi!)

Miha is to be used only in emergencies, and I just don't trust Burdisso. He might be able to come up with some great performances, but I don't see him being consistent during his first year in Serie A.

Finally, we don't want Real Madrid to play with Samuel-Cannavaro, otherwise any CL dream can be put to rest :rolleyes:

CafeCordoba
16 Aug 04, 20:26
Agree with most of you. Definitely don't sell. I don't exactly know Inter's financial status but I'm considering us still a rich club. We don't need those 15 million euros (or less) that much that we would let our best defender (along with Cafe) to go away. Like Frisko suggested, then we're not competing the Scudetto with all our will if we let one champion go away. We definitely need Cannavaro.

Gismo
16 Aug 04, 21:09
I voted NO!

Because he might recover from his tibia problem. If we somehow knew that he would never be fit again... I would sell him in a heartbeat. But as we all know he went to Israel to see a doctor. So letīs just pray he gets well and performs as the REAL Cannavaro can.

:strong:

Frisko
16 Aug 04, 21:20
*Faints becuase Gismo voted NO* :dielaugh:

I thought he was a selfish piece of shit Gismo... tut... do I smell some belief in Canna? :D

Miki
16 Aug 04, 22:05
Cannavaro affords a lot of assurance in our defence. Given his experience and wealth of class, i am confident that he has a lot to give to Inter's quest for the next season. The idea of selling him for the upcoming season shouldn't really be considered IMO. Why fix something that isn't broke? Granted, that has to be one of the most broken mantras in Inter's recent history, but Canna should be a singular exception.

Many of the new defenders may or may not be able to cope with the Serie A. Yes, we have excellent backups, but why factor them in when Cannavaro is around in the first place? A wealth of experience and a depth in skill are important factors in a true leader of the defence. The great thing about Inter is our defence has so many of these players around. :)

Ciao,
Tim

InteristaMensur
16 Aug 04, 22:13
Don't sell him.
He is a great player.I think that he can be perfect couple whit cordoba in 4 back

BFC82
16 Aug 04, 22:34
I would only agree on selling him if we have another defender of his calibre, or even better coming in. But as it stands, we are fine with him and I dont think selling him would be the best choice.

ILuvInter
16 Aug 04, 22:43
Ofcourse I said No and will always say that....

Cz whehter we like it or not , Loosing 2 guys of the spirit of Adani and the calibre of Cannavaro will harm us .....Let us imagine if Cafe got injured ??? we will play with Burdisso whom i expect to shine alongisde Matrix with Miha at the bench !!!

It will be bad to put pressure on the young lad (burdisso) especially that we will challenge for the scudetto (god Willing) not to mention the behaviour of Matrix and how he gets red cards and suspentions alot . Cannavaro is stylish and if cured of his injury and play , he will be a key Figure to us alongside Cafe , Burdisso and Matrix . Also , As Mikki said we can't afford to lose the depth and confidence that Cannavaro adds to the team .....and we haven't splashed cash to reduce the equation so we don't need money , we need the player who i expect to shine and Moratti will never do such a mistake .....we want everything to be with us , we don't want any kind of risks or bad moves as for the spirit and the moral of the team which Cannavaro , Cordoba , Vieri , Deki , Adriano , Martins , Matrix , Zanetti , Emre and this season( Davids , Veron , Favalli, Burdisso) forms the skeleton of it ...

Gismo
16 Aug 04, 23:13
*Faints becuase Gismo voted NO* :dielaugh:

I thought he was a selfish piece of shit Gismo... tut... do I smell some belief in Canna? :D
Well unless he has a VERY good reason for going to Portugal he is selfish, although NOT a piece of shit. I never said such a thing. ;) But that doesnīt mean that he canīt be healed afterwards, Frisko. A Milanista spoke with Canna in Israel where he apparently went to see a doctor. And if he does recover we have the best defender in the world. Most likely.

So it would be a huge risk to sell him to another club where he might recover and start playing to his potential again. :scared:

So to answer your question: I have huge belief in him IF he recovers. If not I have zero faith in him. ;)

mMontenegro
17 Aug 04, 01:17
Playing for NT is sacrilage. If i was Cannavaro, I would have done the same. Then I would take a holiday to recover from the injury as long as I have to.
Cannavaro is our leader of defense, I don't want him sold. I just hope he'll recover untill november/december. But still in this condition, he is our best player in defense.

giancarlo
17 Aug 04, 01:37
Hello everyone,

It is with disappointment I post my first reply in this forum in regards to Cannavaro and his supposed departure from Inter.

It is a fact that Canna really settled in with us. Cuper used him as much as he could despite his injuries, but he has not had the impact he was supposed to. Let us not forget - Nesta was supposed to be ours.

Instead, Milan beat us to him and we had to settle for Cannavaro. Has he done what he was supposed to? Absolutely not. Is he ready to leave? Yes.

Do I want him to leave? NO. Despite our strong (on paper) backline, there is a guarantee injuries will occur and if we play Champs, Serie A and Coppa Italia - we need all the bodies we can get.

Should Cesar arrive even without Canna's sale, I still think we should keep him. Yet, if Real is offering 10 - 12 Million Euros, I doubt Moratti and co. will refuse that huge cash influx.

Only time will tell. However, I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear what Mancini thinks about this situation. But it all comes down to this. If we can get Cesar with the cash we get from Canna's sale - do it!

If not, keep Cannavaro. He still has much to prove to Inter fans worldwide.

I will be watching with anxiety and impatience.

Ciao!

Stefan
17 Aug 04, 06:39
Sell him and buy Chivu.

I totally agree. :)

Sisenando
17 Aug 04, 06:41
Give cannavaro another season..Well after hoefully fixing his injuries, we shall seewhat he has to offer. But i dont see Cannavaro in an Inter shirt in 2006...sorry :cry2:

Philou Mexes
17 Aug 04, 07:12
Sell him and buy Chivu.
you can just dream about that Chivu is Romanista my friend.

Pravesh
17 Aug 04, 09:25
Playing for NT is sacrilage. If i was Cannavaro, I would have done the same. Then I would take a holiday to recover from the injury as long as I have to.

Agree with you, coz I wud also have done the same thing had I been in his position. :proud: :D

Sell him and buy Chivu.

Why do we need Chivu ?? We don't need Chivu and I doubt Roma has any plan to sell Chivu ;).

:star:

Marco The Butcher
17 Aug 04, 09:30
Sell him and buy Chivu.
:heart: :star: I wish

Hello everyone,

It is with disappointment I post my first reply in this forum in regards to Cannavaro and his supposed departure from Inter.

It is a fact that Canna really settled in with us. Cuper used him as much as he could despite his injuries, but he has not had the impact he was supposed to. Let us not forget - Nesta was supposed to be ours.

Instead, Milan beat us to him and we had to settle for Cannavaro. Has he done what he was supposed to? Absolutely not. Is he ready to leave? Yes.

Do I want him to leave? NO. Despite our strong (on paper) backline, there is a guarantee injuries will occur and if we play Champs, Serie A and Coppa Italia - we need all the bodies we can get.

Should Cesar arrive even without Canna's sale, I still think we should keep him. Yet, if Real is offering 10 - 12 Million Euros, I doubt Moratti and co. will refuse that huge cash influx.

Only time will tell. However, I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear what Mancini thinks about this situation. But it all comes down to this. If we can get Cesar with the cash we get from Canna's sale - do it!

If not, keep Cannavaro. He still has much to prove to Inter fans worldwide.

I will be watching with anxiety and impatience.

Ciao!

Wise words ;) I am against the way Canna performed with us in the past seasons and i would love to sell him, but only with the right price. We can generate good money by selling him to another club and i personally dont care if this club will be Juve or Madrid.

scutzon
17 Aug 04, 10:05
I definitely don't want Cannavaro to leave. I agree that Cannavaro have not performed extremely well for us, but we only have Cordoba, Burdisso and Cannavaro as good defenders. Materazzi and Mihajlovic will act more like sweepers, last man. Burdisso is unproven yet, and only one good defender (Cordoba) is not enough.

Bianconeri
17 Aug 04, 10:13
guess what I voted?! ;) I wouldn't mind at all if we had Thuram-Canna partnership in centre... :D But anyway, I don't think you'll sell him...

Pod
17 Aug 04, 10:15
I bellive we will buy someone if we would sell him.We would stay with 4 central defenders.And it will be not just backup.Because we have good backup now :Adani but we allow him to leave.Looks that it would be someone great.But, it's just speculation.

Giorgio
17 Aug 04, 10:16
Sell him and buy Chivu.

OK.I completely agree with Pod on this one.

I look at our current defence and to be honest I worry. It seemed like Inter would sign a world class CB this summer, instead we got Budisso and Mihajlovic. Burdisso will become world class, I'm sure, but whether he can hack it at the top level in his first serie A season is another question. I want this Inter team to be complete and perfection can only be reached with a world class CB in our ranks.

Which brings me onto my next point, Cannavaro. He had a great Euro 2004 IMO, but I wouldn't call him world class anymore. He may never recover from his injury problems and his form for Inter has been poor. But if we decide to release him we need to sign someone else. Roma have signed Mexes and Ferrari and I don't see why with their financial problems they would reject a good offer for Chivu.

Bianconeri
17 Aug 04, 10:19
Burdisso will become world class, I'm sure.

I'm not, you are Inter... :P :D Surely he's got the potential to make it, I just hope that you won't ruin him, I've always liked him...

Thug_Paco
17 Aug 04, 10:21
maybe we could swap him with Roberto Carlos :P

Handoyo
17 Aug 04, 10:43
Giancarlo! :thumbsup: I have been waiting for you all this time my friend. ;) As usual, quality post. Completely agree with it. Benvenuto!

Philou Mexes, isn't Mexes' first name Philippe? ;) You can change it if you want too.

Hand;)yo

Gismo
17 Aug 04, 11:06
Cannavaro is our leader of defense, I don't want him sold. I just hope he'll recover untill november/december. But still in this condition, he is our best player in defense.
Well the point is not the choice Canna made when he decided to go to Portugal. It is WHY he took it. And before I know his reasons behind this I do not accept it.

I disagree that Canna is our leader in defence. And with his tibia problem I consider him our 4th best defender after Cordoba, Materazzi and Adani. Burdisso might even be better too. But I have only seen one game with him.

Frisko
17 Aug 04, 11:10
I'm not, you are Inter... :P :D Surely he's got the potential to make it, I just hope that you won't ruin him, I've always liked him...

Once upon a time there was a very promising player, he used to play for Chievo Verona. His name was Le Grottaglie. Then a stange creature, half pig half man (some people call him Moggi), bought him for Juventus.

Then a very strange thing happened... the guy turned into a defensive nightmare, making ridiculous mistakes in many important matches... Martins, Fiore, Luque, they're all big friends of him now, cause he gave them nice presents, very easy goals.

So you see my children, Juve is very good at ruining players too...

And the ones they don't ruin, like Maresca, they keep them while they're injured, and when they're back, they loan them to Fiorentina :dielaugh:

Gismo
17 Aug 04, 11:15
:howler::dielaugh::howler:

Giorgio
17 Aug 04, 11:17

Once upon a time there was a very promising player, he used to play for Chievo Verona. His name was Le Grottaglie. Then a stange creature, half pig half man (some people call him Moggi), bought him for Juventus.

Then a very strange thing happened... the guy turned into a defensive nightmare, making ridiculous mistakes in many important matches... Martins, Fiore, Luque, they're all big friends of him now, cause he gave them nice presents, very easy goals.

And the ones they don't ruin, like Maresca, they keep them while they're injured, and when they're back, they loan them to Fiorentina :dielaugh:

Nice one Frisko :D ;)

Frisko
17 Aug 04, 11:21
Thank you ;)

Gismo I'm glad that you hope Canna can recover, I thought that between his injury problem and the fact that he's still very fond of Napoli you just disliked him no matter what.

Gismo
17 Aug 04, 11:26
Hehe. :) No, first of all I do not hate him no matter what. I only dislike his performances and attitude. I still do not see what the point of playing Euro 2004 is when you cannot give 100% because of an injury... And since I have not seen him give any explanations at all I dislike his dedication to Inter since Inter is the party who lose the chance to have Super Canna from the beginning of the season.

;)

Furthermore I do not give a shit if he likes Napoli as long as he has given 100% for Inter. And I think he failed at this so far by ignoring the start of the season by NOT dealing with his injury until AFTER the Euro 2004.

mMontenegro
17 Aug 04, 11:47
Well the point is not the choice Canna made when he decided to go to Portugal. It is WHY he took it. And before I know his reasons behind this I do not accept it.

I disagree that Canna is our leader in defence. And with his tibia problem I consider him our 4th best defender after Cordoba, Materazzi and Adani. Burdisso might even be better too. But I have only seen one game with him.

If I had a chance, I would play on EURO 2004 as a captian of my NT with only one leg :D
I also feel sorry about fact that if he didn't play in Portugal, he would be fit for Inter. But I understand him 100%

Also being a leader is question of mentality. Cordoba is excelent defender, but his mentality isn't his best side. Materazzi and Adani are good old style defenders, but they also lack mentality. Canna doesn't... even if he isn't at 100% , he is my number 1 in Intre defence.

I would like to describe you on one example - in basketball, our best player was Vlade Divac. Now he is old (37-38) and he isn't as good as he was. But when he is on the field, moral of our playeres is high. He is natural born leader, he gives security to his mates and also he has some trick in his bag. Still he can't score 20 points, but when you have a brave leader in team, even te bigest cowards with him are bigest fighters. It is same with Canna. When you see him on the pitch, you can feel some inner security cause you know that he is with you.
I hope you'll understand what's my point ;)

Gismo
17 Aug 04, 11:53
I do understand your point. :) It is just that I feel exact opposite - Canna on the field gives me inner insecurity. ;)

Mikkel
17 Aug 04, 12:05
I have the exact feeling with Matrix..If we could get a young and talented CD then I would change my mind.

R. Carlos for Cannavaro..that would be stupid. We dosen't need one more LB. And defently not one in Carlos age.

Pravesh
17 Aug 04, 12:31

:dielaugh:

lol !!

A very good one .... Frisko !! :proud: :D

Sisenando
17 Aug 04, 12:41

This post should have promoted you to ADMIN!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Very good and creative.....

Pravesh
17 Aug 04, 12:46
What about Marco Di Vaio ?? And Miccoli's last season. :proud:

Too bad they got Emerson though !! :fero:

cool_cuchu
17 Aug 04, 13:09
ha ha.. dont be so hard on moggi... i am really glad he was signing LeGrottaglie, he was one of my most favourite players last season...

now combined with zebina, they may do wonders for us..... :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Moggi should stay away from canna and sign roque junior..., then I will hail him....

imagine this juve 4 backs..

Thuram -- Legro -- Roque -- Zebina

an old has been combined with three error machines... :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

SB9Dragon
17 Aug 04, 14:30

All hail king Frisko :star: :star: :star: :dielaugh:

Pod
17 Aug 04, 14:49
My prediction:We sell Canna to Real M
For the cash and Julio Cruz with Roma desperatly want we buy CH.Chivu

Let's hope I'm second Nostradamus :stuckup:

DISCO ZZANG
17 Aug 04, 15:18
Don't sell Cannavaro. because If Canna sell?? it's also sell our pride. he is Italia captain and nobody don't want more strong real madrid. Champions league also ours main object.

Of course Canna is bad form and injury moment. but this case is pride thing. rather Canna would go Roma.

and If finally Canna go to real madrid and we buy Chivu?? I also want this deal. but Chivu is cetainly one of the most important player. Roma also certainly keep Chivu. even 20m euro offer for Chivu also reject.

Canna to real madrid?? it's terrible thing.

Frisko
17 Aug 04, 15:44
LOL thank you guys, that Juve fairy tale (of horror story, if you're a Juve fan :dielaugh: ) just came out naturally. Juve fans can't afford to be sarcastic at this moment, since they have a circus instead of a defence.

Zebina is a great candidate for more comic-action! No wonder Bianconeri wants Canna, as they stand Juve is facing a though fight for the Intertoto spot! :P

Interforeva
17 Aug 04, 21:04
We shouldn't sell Canna! It is true that he has not performed to the best of his abilities, but I believe he still has much to give and is def a valued part of our squad. Real would not want him if he wasn't a quality player.

MoH
17 Aug 04, 22:15
Canna for Chivu? Unless I missed something last season (& I hardly doubt it :D ) what’s so ******* great about Chivu that is worth kicking Canna out of Inter? He’s good, but surely you don’t think he’s that good do you?

MoH’s brief guide to last season’s best performing Serie A defenders

Nesta > J. Zanetti > Alessandro Mancini> Cordoba > Maldini > Materazzi > Samuel > Stam > Cesar > Cafu > Adani > Cannavaro > Ferrari > Pancaro > Stovini > Chivu > Kroldrup > Birindelli > Montero > Legrottaglie

Gimme Nesta, and I might just be a happy man ;)

Pravesh
18 Aug 04, 01:29
Nesta > J. Zanetti > Alessandro Mancini> Cordoba > Maldini > Materazzi > Samuel > Stam > Cesar > Cafu > Adani > Cannavaro > Ferrari > Pancaro > Stovini > Chivu > Kroldrup > Birindelli > Montero > Legrottaglie

MoH, which Cesar did you mean ?? I hope you didn't mean Lazio's Cesar. ;)

chalon
18 Aug 04, 03:46
I think Canavaro is gonna stay; Real is closer to Coloccini, especially cause he's younger, cheaper and doesn't suffer from injuries; don;t get me wrong, I prefer Cannavaro, I like him a lot, and all Inter fans are wishing him to be fit.

And Juve, the other team interested, is offering stupid swamps, like give us Camoranesi, a good player, but one we don't need at all.

I think he'll stay.
If he's fit, and Burdisso is the player I'm wishing him to be, my only concern is the left back of our defence, I really don't trust Favalli, and Coco is almost never fit.

Ziyad
18 Aug 04, 03:56
I would definately want us to keep the Canna...I am also sure that those of you are fair in judgment and objective will think of him as our best defender by the end of this seasonif he stays...
Towards last season he looked like the best we had and seem to have finally fell into place with the team.

Pod
18 Aug 04, 09:05
Real offer 5 mln :rolleyes: according to rumours.

According to others they offer 3 mln :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW Interresting article about Cannavaro fit transleted from Spanish AS

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=20040818&xref=20040818dasdaiftb_13&type=Tes&anchor=dasftb

IN THE INTER THEY ASSURE THAT CANNAVARO IS PERFECT The power station reincorporó yesterday to the training in Appiano PER FAVORE, PÓRTAMI To the REAL one, SAID IN 2000 the 3 of December of 2000, Cannavaro, then player of the Parma, granted an interview to AS on the interest that already then Real Madrid showed by him. In her, the Italian defense did not hide its desire to dress the white t-shirt and to live in Madrid (My Panucci friend has said to me that it is an incredible city, he said) and affirmed that Raul is the best player of the world. Jorge Valdano considered that it was the best possible reinforcement for the defense, but Perez ran into with the renuencia of Florentino to file power stations. Concluded the interview, Cannavaro loosen a phrase to the journalist who summarized his yearning: Per favore, pórtami to the Real one. (REUTERS) 18.08.2004 IT INTERESTS TO YOU? EDUARDO TORRICO Fabio Cannavaro is the immediate objective of Real Madrid in spite of the controversy provoked in Italy by the injury that has been dragging in its right leg for two seasons. The Inter assures that it is recovered absolutely and that he is perfectly alignable. But the rumors aim at that the power station nerazzurri would need a long year to surpass the tibia injury that brings to him by the street of the bitterness. Cannavaro, to perhaps silence those rumors, reincorporó to the training with its companions in Appiano Gentile and worked yesterday with apparent normality. The napolitano soccer player undergoes a microbreakage by stress in the right tibia. The Inter does not give more details, protecting itself in the medical secret. A spokesman of the Milanese club gave the official version yesterday: Its injury is not serious. It has been suffering it for two seasons, but always it has been able to play. The Eurocopa disputed and was the best player of the Italian selection. It has not participated in the parties of this preseason by precaution and because it has made a specific work of directed muscular involution, indeed, to avoid those annoyances that suffer because of the injury. Ten days ago, accompanied by doctor Franco Combi, it was put under a recognition in a clinic of Israel and the diagnosis ratified what already we knew, that is in perfect conditions. Nevertheless, the suspicions that what maintains the Inter it is not certain have their origin in an indiscretion of own doctor Combi, who, in a commentary off the record to several Italian journalists, indicated that Cannavaro would require, to surpass that injury, six months of absolute rest and other six of muscular reacondicionamiento. Otherwise, it will have to follow like until now: by each disputed party, two or three of rest. To stop all one season would not be serious for a young player, but it is it for Cannavaro, that the next month of September will turn 31 years. That supposed commentary supposed to Combi a serious reprimand to him of the leaders of the Inter to put in danger the patrimony of the club. There is another data that, also, refutes the affirmations of the Inter: the trainer, Mancini Robert, have planned the season as if not it go to count on Cannavaro. He has fichado two new power stations (the Argentinean Nicholas Burdisso and the Serb Sinisa Mihajlovic) and has communicated that Spring from the beginning tells on a promise of the Squadra, the Argentinean Paolo Dellafiore. In the interista group already there are other two power stations: the Italian Materazzi Frame and the Colombian Iván Cordova. If Cannavaro were as well as it affirms the Inter, so many power stations would be unnecessary. Real Madrid is not other people's to all these gadgets on the tibia of Cannavaro. Florentino Perez is arranged to file it by a reasonable price. One adapts to the mediatic profile that it likes and, in addition, Jose Antonio Camacho has given the approval him. But the operation is supeditada to that the opportune medical examination clears any doubt on the state of the health of the power station. Good relations. There are no more problems. The institutional relations between Real Madrid and the Inter are correct in spite of the discrepancies arisen as a result of the draftee of Ronaldo, that had their culminating point when the Spanish club refused to pay to ten million euros when rejecting the Italian club the incorporation of Santiago Solari, which motivated a denunciation before the Court of Arbitration of the FIFA, that gave the reason partially to the Inter (in the end, Real Madrid will have to pay eight million euros). The Inter does not have official certainty of the interest of Real Madrid, but he is explicable: all their leaders are of vacations and will be indeed today, after the Ferragosto, when they return to his offices of the Palazzo Durini.

Pod
18 Aug 04, 09:22
Interwiew with Fabio for AS

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=20040818&xref=20040818dasdaiftb_15&type=Tes&anchor=dasftb

IT WOULD GIVE WHAT OUTSIDE TO PLAY IN The REAL MADRID" Cannavaro is enchanted of being able to go to the white club. MOTIVATED. Cannavaro is deluded with the interest of Real Madrid. 18.08.2004 IT INTERESTS TO YOU? TOMÁS RONCERO Fabio Cannavaro has recovered the smile during the last days. The call of Real Madrid has illuminated that face that three years ago made him be chosen the most attractive player of all calcium (Over Paolo Maldini, the news). Its recovery of the injury that also drags begins either to be back (only yesterday it trained with his companions of the Inter in the Pinetina) and or dreams about its jump to the Bernabéu, the temple of soccer stops most of the Italian players. Cannavaro knows it very clearly: It would give what went to go to Real Madrid. It is the most prestigious club of the world and to any soccer player it would like to have the opportunity to be next to so many stars. For me it would be a dream to be able to play the next season there. The captain of the Italian selection is living these days hung of the movable telephone, while he props up his recovery of that fissure by stress in the tibia that he has had to him resting since the Eurocopa of Portugal finalized. But Cannavaro clears with absolute firmness all the doubts that have arisen in the last hours on their physical state: It is false that I suffer a serious injury. Or I have begun to train to me with the Inter and believe that, in a term of seven or ten days at the most, I will be in perfect physical training conditionses. I have rested very well and I do not have any injury that it prevents me to play as it is being said. Still I have left much soccer ahead. Fabio Cannavaro (Naples, 30 years) is conscious that this one is the last BIRD which can rise to put the finishing touch to its shining professional race: I am happy in the Inter, but it must be clear that to only it would go me of Milan to file by Real Madrid. Madrid is a club to which it is not possible never to be rejected to him. It is a legendary equipment. Her family also is excited with the interest of the targets to file to him, until the end of which, according to she could know AS, the woman of Cannavaro cried moved when she knew that Real Il, as it knows itself the madridista club with a mitológico shade in Italy, wanted to contract its husband. In Real Madrid the position has not varied throughout the last hours. Cannavaro is first of the list of reinforcements made by Florentino the Perez and Jose Antonio Camacho after the summit who maintained in Ibiza weekend the past. Solely if the doctors (doctor Combi, of the Inter of Milan, has predicted to present/display the complete report of the player to the galens of Real Madrid) discarded the hiring by their physical problems, the Italian zaguero would not get dressed target. In the next hours it will be left the case resolute. For or or badly. 34 parties the year last Fabio Cannavaro disputed to the last season 34 official encounter with the Inter of Milan. 22 of them were in Italian Liga (it marked two goals); nine in Europe and three in the Glass of Italy. This year, the Inter has disputed an encounter of previous phase of the Champions, but Cannavaro did not participate in him.

Mixi
18 Aug 04, 09:56
It looks like he's off to Real Madrid.

Pravesh
18 Aug 04, 10:52
Real offer 5 mln :rolleyes: according to rumours.

According to others they offer 3 mln :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:dielaugh:

3 million !! :eek: :D

cool_cuchu
18 Aug 04, 10:55
let's wait and see...
if he does, i surely wish we didnt sell adani....

Pravesh
18 Aug 04, 11:13
let's wait and see...

What's done .... is done ... ;) :D

But if we sell Cannavaro, then I guess we definitely will have to get a defender. :rolleyes:

:confused:

cool_cuchu
18 Aug 04, 11:18
let's wait and see...

What's done .... is done ... ;) :D

But if we sell Cannavaro, then I guess we definitely will have to get a defender. :rolleyes:

:dielaugh: :dielaugh:
you're right Pravesh...,

or we can keep sorondo....

Pod
18 Aug 04, 11:23
Rumours says that we will buy Adani from Brescia for 1.500.000 euro :dielaugh: :rolleyes:

Pravesh
18 Aug 04, 11:50
For a moment, I thought we wud get Kompany, if Cannavaro wud be sold, but then got to know that Kompany played in Champs League qualifier for Anderlecht, which wud mean that it won't be him.

I kinda doubt we wud sell Cannavaro, but who might we bring, if we DO sell Canna. :confused:

snake
18 Aug 04, 11:50
it will be silly to sell our beloved Canna,

Bianconeri
18 Aug 04, 13:35

so your honestly saying that we ruin more players than you?! :dielaugh:

Surely every big team ruin talents, but honestly mate, you've made art out of it!! You're known for ruining careers nowadays, saying otherwise would be foolish...

and I'm saying it again, Lippi ruined youngsters (he just didn't like young players...), I'm hopeful about Legro because now we got Capello.... :P Zebina has been awesome in pre-season... And Maresca is in there with coownership deal... :fero:

Thug_Paco
18 Aug 04, 13:39
this would be so damnnnnnnn stupid man if we would sell canna, Then we would only have 3 defenders in Cl Cordoba,Matrix,Burdisso as Mihajlovic is out for a long time! I just dont get it whyyyyyy are we going to make such a mistake, if you need the money so desperately for Cesar then sell C.Zanetti but why Cannavaro? And unfortunately ive got more bad news for you guys.

Here are two links, in one Canna says he would love to go to Real and in the other his agent states Canna wouldnt let this chance slip and believes that the money Inter will get they can use that for Cesar.

http://www.goalcity.it/GoalNewsDettaglioNotizia/1,2588,170803-28,00.html

http://calcio.datasport.it/leggi.asp?id=2331469

I saw Canna training in the pictures on inter.it and i gotta say man F*ck off with Cesar if we need to sell Cannavaro. No way, we have enough class players that could play on the left and we certainly havent as many in the centre back position!!!

PLEASSSSSSSS INTER SPARE ME THIS AGONY AND DONT SELL FABIO PLEASSSSSS

Pravesh
18 Aug 04, 14:41
so your honestly saying that we ruin more players than you?! :dielaugh:

He didn't say Juve ruined MORE players than Inter, he said:

:D ;)

Good to see Cannavaro back to training though. :proud:
Lets see if the rumours are true or not ??

SB9Dragon
18 Aug 04, 14:57
Reports are saying that Cannavaro is on the verge of joining Real. I still hope that doesn't happen because I believe he can still bring the good to the table for the squad.

Pod
18 Aug 04, 14:59
What's worrying me much is the price rumours.Let's hope we are not that stupid to sell him for less than 10 mln.

mMontenegro
18 Aug 04, 15:59
If we sell cannavaro, it would be Inter's defensive suicide. I will find Inter managment smart only if they buy Company (cause he's so good and very young) or some excelent defender with expirience (like Ayala or Campbel) Also I would sugest King from Totenhem as a very young and excelent defender.

Let's see what will be

Frisko
18 Aug 04, 16:41
He didn't say Juve ruined MORE players than Inter, he said:

Thank you Prav, I indeed said TOO :P

Ziyad
18 Aug 04, 16:46
We definately cant let Canna go...Our season will be affected by a loss of an experienced defender like him especially with the injuries and more games.
It would really be stupid to deal with Real who want us to reduce the price even more so that they can afford hs wages. :yuck:

Gismo
18 Aug 04, 16:48
Real Circus, hands of Canna! --> :finger: Go find another player you rednecked sons of b!tches!! You can have Silvestre. :rolleyes:

El_Chino
18 Aug 04, 17:56
I can't see Cannavaro going to Real, any Real transfer news and the media goes into rumour overdrive. For about 2 weeks we had heard that Viera had already agreed terms and look what happened there.

I doubt we will sell anybody to Real for a long time, at least I would if I was Moratti after the disgraceful Ronaldo transfer saga (both the tapping up and the money issues). Wouldn't it be funny if Ronaldo having left Inter to win the CL had to watch as Inter won it this year? It would be hilarious to see the reaction. Real are the most disgraceful club in football, people say Abramovich has no honour but the Real of Perez is much, MUCH worse. They tap up, they refuse to pay for no apparent reason and much much more. I hope they go out of the CL at the qualifying stages, never to return

Thug_Paco
18 Aug 04, 18:30
Canna is gone why didnt Branca mention about him while he did mention cruz and c.zanetti! this is going to make me sick man and im sure canna isnt in our plans anymore :cry2: :cry2:

Frisko
18 Aug 04, 20:39
Branca can't deny every rumour around, or he'd need to talk for a couple of hours! :dielaugh:

Don't panic yet guys. Canna will go only if he asks to go, otherwise he's staying.

Mikkel
18 Aug 04, 21:53
Actualy I have heard from a very rileble sorce that Inter going to sell him. in a weak or so. And it's right almoste every time.

Frisko
18 Aug 04, 22:10
Adriano, why aren't you telling us your source?? :confused: :fero:

SB9Dragon
19 Aug 04, 03:48
I definately hope that he doesn't go. I mean seriously, if Facchetti lowers the asking price to just 4 million pounds, I'll have a fit, then I'll start a "lets heavily bash Facchetti and co for their stupid transactions" thread :fero:

Hopefully that doesn't happen...

cool_cuchu
19 Aug 04, 04:26
why do we need to sell canna for such a low price....
and to make it worse, selling it real merda! :fero:

ask for 15 millions, take it or leave it...

Carson
19 Aug 04, 06:46
if we sell cannavaro which is likely to happen, i think we can get kompany...if not, i m afraid we'll get bonera.. :scared:

Mikkel
19 Aug 04, 07:41
Adriano, why aren't you telling us your source?? :confused: :fero:

Because it's kinda complicated..where I get them from.. :rolleyes:

The short story is that My frind, Italian frind who lives in Milan...Have a lot of reliabel sources. I don't now what kind it is, But he is almoste right every time. :D

CafeCordoba
19 Aug 04, 07:59
I'll repeat myself, I'm truly, utterly very, very...very dissappointed to Inter management IF we sell Cannavaro. Jesus phucking christ! Why do we need to sell him?! We don't! We NEED him! :frustrat: :mad: :fero:

Who do we have in defence then? Materazzi, Cordoba. Okay, they're good enough. Then, other one gets injured. Who will replace? Burdisso, yeah, everyone says he's very good, but he's not played a single match in Serie A yet. Mihajlovic, okay okay, can we really rely on this slow motherfu**er? At least I don't trust him at all. Then, we have still Sorondo around here but he's not Inter quality.

I'm very pissed if Cannavaro goes...

Pravesh
19 Aug 04, 08:14
if we sell cannavaro which is likely to happen, i think we can get kompany...if not, i m afraid we'll get bonera.. :scared:

As I said earlier, Kompany won't be able to play in Champs League for us. ;)

Or has any youngster impressed Mancini very much ?? I doubt so, coz they have not beeen used that much. Taking risk on Burdisso cud be suicidal. :eek:

Or does Mancini wants this to happen, so that Mihajlovic cud get more playing time :confused: .... :P .... don't get mad, just guessing. :stuckup:

Lets suppose for a while that we wud sell Canna, who might we buy to replace him, who ?????

CafeCordoba
19 Aug 04, 08:38
Lets suppose for a while that we wud sell Canna, who might we buy to replace him, who ?????

That's the most fuc**ing stupidiest part in this case. We shoul have to BUY (again!) someone to replace someone we just sold. It makes no sense to me, WHY do we have to sell that someone (Cannavaro) at the first place?!

Thug_Paco
19 Aug 04, 08:48
I would suggest replace him with Chivu, another mistake by the management when we could have got him last year! I think he would be the ideal replacement as he is quick,technical and also the captain of Romania if im right. And he can build moves very well so I would only be happy if Chivu arrived otherwise f*ck off with the management! And here is a link that says we could go for Chivu

http://sports.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200434/cmc_71397.html

It says the Cannavaro deal is almost done, and that real could give us Solari who we may send to fiorentina cause Cesar is our first option for the left-wing. It also says that C.Zanetti-Camoranesi swap is near a agreement and that roma are interested in Cruz. For Cruz leaving us on a free loan we would want a option on Cassano and for Cruz leaving us permanent we would want Chivu!

All speculation ofcourse but if we would get Chivu in the place of Cannavaro it would be great!

CafeCordoba
19 Aug 04, 09:07
That sounds very stupid to me that Roma would let Chivu go. Or give a first-option to Cassano? No way they would do that kind of deals.

Pravesh
19 Aug 04, 09:10
I very much doubt that we wud get CHIVU, to replace Cannavaro. In other wors, I think it's kinda impossible. But since Chivu won't be played in CB for Roma, as Mexes----Ferrari will be there, there cud be some chance. No wonder, Cruz is our + point to get Chivu. But again, I very much doubt this wud happen. Chivu can also play in LB position. :D

aaaaaaaaahhhhh, it's impossible.....
btw, Chivu has proved that he's kinda injury machine, last season. :D

Pod
19 Aug 04, 09:24
The deal with Real isn't soo sure now acoording to As and Marca.They say that Canna is too old and has injury problem.They want to buy him for very small cash because of that.In my opinion he will not be transfered there.

Gismo
19 Aug 04, 09:30
The deal with Real isn't soo sure now acoording to As and Marca.They say that Canna is too old and has injury problem.
So finally they woke up from their coma and realised the fact that he is injured. BTW, if a deal was to be agreed (though I doubt it) would he pass the medical?

Remember that guy who went to Zaragoza instead? :D

BFC82
19 Aug 04, 10:02
Real are making Canna sound like damaged goods, we never offered him in the 1st place. I feel bad for Canna as it seems they are dragging his name through the mud, old and injured. Surely theres alot more about him than just that.

Gismo
19 Aug 04, 10:09
Yes, but the fact that he is injured prevents him from being Super Canna. So it reduces his market value. I would say he is worth about € 10 mil. But I wouldnīt let him go to anyone because he might return to being the real Cannavaro very soon in case he gets his rest.

Granit
19 Aug 04, 10:16
Yes, but the fact that he is injured prevents him from being Super Canna. So it reduces his market value. I would say he is worth about € 10 mil. But I wouldnīt let him go to anyone because he might return to being the real Cannavaro very soon in case he gets his rest.

hmmmm €10mil. that's sounds good...but look her

tribalfootball.com - August 19, 2004

Cannavaro: No-one can resist Real Madrid

Inter Milan defender Fabio Cannavaro has declared he wants to join Real Madrid.

Real president Florentino Perez is hoping to land Cannavaro this week and the Italy captain told AS: "I would give everything to go to Real Madrid. It is the most prestigious club in the world and any player would like to have the opportunity to be next to so many stars.

"For me it would be a dream to be able to play the next season there."

Cannavaro is available for a knockdown Ģ2 million from Inter, which are waiting for Perez to open negotiations.

He added, "I am happy at Inter, but I must be clear that I only would leave Milan to sign for Real Madrid. Madrid is a club that is impossible to reject. It is a legendary team."

Mikkel
19 Aug 04, 12:11
Don't trust that site...The moste of the roomers on it are bull shit. :stuckup:

DISCO ZZANG
19 Aug 04, 12:17
Please INTER!!!!!! we need offcial word for about Cannavaro.

INTER management really really strange. moron brain....

giancarlo
19 Aug 04, 13:01
As of a Thursday afternoon report out of Italy, Real Madrid is now reconsidering their offer for Cannavaro.

It seems Fabio's age is of great concern to Camacho and he is currently looking into the possibility of 24 year old Newcastle defender Jonathon Woodgate (I just think Cannavaro's wages played a part. Moratti would have easily gave him to Real for 4 - 6 Million Euros to get rid of his absorbant salary).

Camacho's plans call for Woodgate and Samuel to partner in central defense and finally get a hold of their defense which has been lacking thus far.

As for us, perhaps Cannavaro can partner anyone of either Materazzi, Burdisso or Cordoba. My, my, my, with so many options in every area of the field - Mancini will have a great time filling the slots.

Ze Maria and Javier can fill the left side ?
Cordoba, Burdisso, Materazzi, Cannavaro and Mijhalovic for central ?
Favalli, Coco and Pasquale for right ?

Should be a very interesting season. And, if the reports prove true , it will be even better with Cannavaro should he stay.

MoH
19 Aug 04, 13:25
Taking risk on Burdisso cud be suicidal. :eek:

Suicidal? Why so? He took care of the best forwards in South America the world has to offer? Won a **** load of trophies! He was comfortable against Milan and Juve? Too comfortable if you ask me, his biggest mistake, according to Boca fans is his attitude to take players on a dribble challenge...But dear me, suicidal? You worry too much :D ;)

Pravesh
19 Aug 04, 14:29
Suicidal? Why so? He took care of the best forwards in South America the world has to offer? Won a **** load of trophies! He was comfortable against Milan and Juve? Too comfortable if you ask me, his biggest mistake, according to Boca fans is his attitude to take players on a dribble challenge...But dear me, suicidal? You worry too much :D ;)

Ya, I worry a bit too much, which I agree with you. :D

But what do you think of this one:

Cordoba
Burdisso
Materazzi
Mihajlovic

It's just that he's new to Serie, which I am worried about. I have heard very good stuff abt him, so was the case with Chievo's Legro, Dellas' performance in EURO 2004 and in Serie (heard he made too much mistakes, when he got to play for Roma), Sorondo (he had a good world cup - 2002, and I had thought that he wud had been a good sub for us), and the list continues.

But yeah, there are players like Kaka as well, who has proved that anything can happen, indeed Burdisso cud surprise in Serie, just like Kaka did. :)

:proud:

Bianconeri
19 Aug 04, 14:37
I indeed said TOO :P

Yeap, every big club are ruining players... :cry2: :depress:

It surely is funny if you sell Canna to real for ridicilous price, but it's also depressing, Serie A's quality is decreasing year after year... :(

J zanetti
19 Aug 04, 14:43
Here is another article from an hour ago!

Real target Woodgate to strengthen defence - reports

MADRID, Aug 19 (Reuters) -
Newcastle United centre-back Jonathan Woodgate is being targeted by Real Madrid to strengthen their defence, the Spanish media reported on Thursday.
"Woodgate will be Real's new centre-back," was the front page headline in Madrid-based sports daily AS, while Marca agreed with its rival, reporting that "Woodgate is the centre-back that Madrid want."
Both papers said Real were already in negotiations with the English Premier League club and prepared to offer about 15 million euros ($18.56 million) for the 24-year-old. :eek:
(and we are about to hand them Canna almost for free! Ok - canna has a high salary but still)

Real have been looking to recruit a new player to bolster their much-maligned defence following their miserable performance last season.
Arsenal's defensive midfielder Patrick Vieira appeared to be on the verge of moving to the Bernabeu last week but the deal broke down at the last minute and the Frenchman pledged his future to the English champions instead.
Real responded to the setback with the surprise signing of England striker Michael Owen but remain keen to recruit a defensive-minded player before the start of the Spanish season.
Inter Milan defender Fabio Cannavaro and Argentine centre-back Fabricio Coloccini, who is owned by AC Milan, have been linked with the club over the past week.
But the Spanish media are now reporting that Woodgate is coach Jose Antonio Camacho's preferred option.
The England defender missed Euro 2004 after sustaining a serious thigh injury in April and is expected to be out for up to three weeks of the new season after suffering a similar injury.
Woodgate joined Newcastle from Leeds for nine million pounds ($16.46 million) in January 2003 but a succession of injury problems has restricted his appearances for the north-east club.

SB9Dragon
19 Aug 04, 14:46
Hopefully they get Woodgate and leave Canna and Inter alone. I would rather him stay then leave on some cheap deal. Sure his wages maybe big but if he gets back to full fitness it may be worth it. Though will he?

Pod
19 Aug 04, 14:51
But if we want him sell him so desperatly then it would be better if he would go to Real, not Juve.

J zanetti
19 Aug 04, 15:16
Hopefully they get Woodgate and leave Canna and Inter alone. I would rather him stay then leave on some cheap deal. Sure his wages maybe big but if he gets back to full fitness it may be worth it. Though will he?
Exactly! Im hoping for woodgate also!
Ok, I have to admit that Ive been very critical of Canna! Mailny because I feel that he never really settled down since joing us. However looking at what defenders we are left with if he leaves then I beg to differ and wish he could stay. Especially as it seems like we are selling him for a way too low price.

Pravesh
19 Aug 04, 17:23
Our president's interview does give more than a big hint that Cannavaro cud be sold, if we get good offer. Thus, get ready for Cannavaro's departure, if a good offer comes from Real. :rolleyes:

Source - www.inter.it (italian version)

btw, can the italian translators trasltae that interview given by our President, where he says that if a good offer comes and if the player also agrees, then Canna cud be sold.

Dear translators... :D

Frisko
19 Aug 04, 17:37
I did it Prav, I posted it in the translation thread. No worries, Facchetti is very vague...

Pravesh
19 Aug 04, 17:40
I did it Prav, I posted it in the translation thread. No worries, Facchetti is very vague...

xie xie. ;)

(which means thank you in chinese)

J zanetti
19 Aug 04, 17:47
This is the latest in the woodgate saga which esentially will resolve canna's position.
Sky sports JUST confirmed that woodgate will have medical examination this weekend! They also had a live interview with Bobby Robson and he also confirmed that Woodgate despite his recent injury could pass the medical and leave.

The only worry for us is just that! Woodgate has been injury-prone. He has just got back from a big injury and there is a chance of him failing the medical test! :mad:

Lets hope it all goes smoothly and that Real Madrid sign him!

p.s I just hope that doesnt mean Canna heads for Turin! :(

chalon
19 Aug 04, 19:17
According to Channel4, Cannavaro is staying, Woodgate is on Camacho's top list; but I'm still a little mad about how Canna respond to Real's call.
Still is good news.

Ziyad
20 Aug 04, 00:12
Thank God he is staying..now we can move on unless woodgate fails the medical whihch i hope he doesnt

Pravesh
20 Aug 04, 00:27
goal.com says that it's official that Real has signed Woodgate ??

If no to Real, wud Canna move to Juve. Just one more week, or so, then we can take a deep breathe. :D

Frisko
20 Aug 04, 00:31
LOL Eurosport says that Real is paying 13 millions for Woodgate!! :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Ziyad
20 Aug 04, 02:17
LOL Eurosport says that Real is paying 13 millions for Woodgate!! :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Woodgate is a good defender,but if they really paid that much for him while offering us way below half that amount for Canna that is a great insult.For Inter and Canna

SB9Dragon
20 Aug 04, 04:40
Woodgate is injured and he is out for 2 to 3 weeks so unless Real accept him like that he will probably fail the medical...

Anywayz I find it ludicrous that they had problems offering 8 million pounds for Cannavaro but they offer 15 million for Woodgate. Sure Woodgate is younger but Cannavaro is one of the best.

cool_cuchu
20 Aug 04, 08:16
According to Channel4, Cannavaro is staying, Woodgate is on Camacho's top list; but I'm still a little mad about how Canna respond to Real's call.
Still is good news.

well, I never am impressed with the way canna act as an inter player,
but he is one of the best defender in the world...
if we still have adani, i dont really give a shit if inter wanna sell him..
but we have released adani, so I will keep canna, and i prefer him a bench role.. now...

matrix and cordoba, that's our first back duo

Mikkel
20 Aug 04, 08:49
:scared: :scared:

I don't hope that will happend

And abaut benching Cannavaro, keep on dreaming. He is captain of Italy so do you really think that will happend. No way he would be so pissed off, that he would leave us for sure. I am totaly sure he will be more furious then Vieri was last season so that is not a good idear.

J zanetti
20 Aug 04, 09:01
:scared: :scared:

I don't hope that will happend

And abaut benching Cannavaro, keep on dreaming. He is captain of Italy so do you really think that will happend. No way he would be so pissed off, that he would leave us for sure. I am totaly sure he will be more furious then Vieri was last season so that is not a good idear.
Im sorry but being the captain of the falling Italy doesnt really grant you a starting lineup in our team. We have other players who captain/used to captain their NT team yet they were not starters.

Here is the latest on woodgate:

Woodgate in Madrid for medical with Real

MADRID, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Newcastle United's England defender Jonathan Woodgate has arrived in Madrid for a medical prior to signing for Real Madrid, Radio Marca reported on Friday.
Real are reported to have made an offer of about 20 million euros ($24.74 million) for the 24-year-old centre-back who joined English Premier League club Newcastle for nine million pounds ($16.46 million) in January 2003.

Spanish media said that if he passed the medical, Woodgate would be offered a four-year contract by the Primera Liga club.
Real have been looking to bolster their much-maligned defence following a miserable performance last season.
They have recruited Argentine centre-back Walter Samuel from AS Roma for 25 million euros but a proposed deal to sign Arsenal defensive midfielder Patrick Vieira broke down and the Frenchman pledged his future to the English champions instead.

Mikkel
20 Aug 04, 09:08
Yes i does..as long as he plays for an Italian team. :rolleyes:

Bianconeri
20 Aug 04, 11:49
Canna was/is Italy's captain simply because he has most caps of the current team...

:undecide: It will be interesting to see if we make a bid of Canna at all...

Gismo
20 Aug 04, 13:14
Yes, we still donīt know what Juventus next move will be... I hope they donīt make an offer at all or Inter will reject their proposed offer.

With Adaniīs departure for Brescia we shall not get rid of Cannavaro! :stuckup: As Yopi I also prefer Cordoba - Materazzi as starters. Being captain of Italy doesnīt mean that he is better than Matrix. As Bianconeri said he got the captain armband because he has most caps. Hence more experience on the NT.

However if Cannavaro fully recovers from his Tibia injury I will prefer Cordoba - Cannavaro and Materazzi on the bench. ;)

J zanetti
20 Aug 04, 13:40
Good news for those who dont want to see Canna leaving the club.
However the truth is that IF he is about to leave (forced out) then I had rather seeing him joining Real than Gobbi!

Woodgate passes Real medical

Staff and agencies
Friday August 20, 2004

Jonathan Woodgate has passed his medical at Real Madrid, confirming his transfer to the Spanish giants.
Woodgate, who missed Euro 2004 through a thigh-muscle injury, has signed a contract believed to be worth over Ģ70,000 a week.

"Newcastle United and Real Madrid wish to announce that terms have been agreed today for the transfer of Jonathan Woodgate," said a spokesman.

"The player passed his medical examination this morning and will join Real Madrid on a four-year contract."

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shephard had previously dismissed fears that Woodgate would fail the medical. 'He's fitter than me," he said. "He'll get through it."

The 24-year-old defender undertook a medical in a secret location, in stark contrast to the media frenzy of David Beckham's medical last year or even Michael Owen's earlier this month.
A fee of Ģ14 million has convinced Newcastle to cash in on their defender who manager Bobby Robson described as the 'best central defender in England'.

Woodgate had previously stated his desire to play in Spain and Newcastle were powerless to stand in the way of Woodgate's desires.

Frisko
20 Aug 04, 13:46
Canna was/is Italy's captain simply because he has most caps of the current team...

Well they don't give caps free with the newspaper mate... you kinda have to earn them!

:undecide: It will be interesting to see if we make a bid of Canna at all...

You better get on your knees and pray you do! Otherwise... *Circus' music plays* :dielaugh:

Bianconeri
20 Aug 04, 13:51

Well they don't give caps free with the newspaper mate... you kinda have to earn them!

I didn't say anything about that, he definitely has earned them... DP is second capitano btw... I miss Maldini in the NT...

J zanetti
20 Aug 04, 13:55
... DP is second capitano btw...
and that truley shows that you dont need to be good to be a captain in the team. :P

Bianconeri
20 Aug 04, 13:59
yeah, DP didn't earn those caps... :rolleyes:

Gismo
20 Aug 04, 14:02
I think he meant that DP hasnīt been on the same level as before his injury. Just like Ronaldo. ;)

Frisko
20 Aug 04, 14:04
yeah, DP didn't earn those caps... :rolleyes:

Yep Del Piero and the NT, what a great combination! At Euro 2000 Alex was so cool in front of Bartez, when he missed 2 sitters in the final! :dielaugh:

snake
20 Aug 04, 14:10
DP was/is too overrated

J zanetti
20 Aug 04, 14:12
I think he meant that DP hasnīt been on the same level as before his injury. Just like Ronaldo. ;)
thank you! I never though such a clear statment could be confusing lol

I think when you dont want to hear something, then even the most simple things in life dont make sense to you. ;)

Bianconeri
20 Aug 04, 14:30

Then I'll accept that statement...

And DP wasn't over-rated, before that faithful game against Udinese he was just brilliant, had the potential to be the best Italian player ever at least... And nowadays, it's just :( :depress: :wallbang:

SB9Dragon
20 Aug 04, 14:33
Well atleast now we know that Canna isn't Real bound. Though hopefully he is staying and not Juve bound either...

Philou Mexes
20 Aug 04, 14:44
Giancarlo! :thumbsup: I have been waiting for you all this time my friend. ;) As usual, quality post. Completely agree with it. Benvenuto!

Philou Mexes, isn't Mexes' first name Philippe? ;) You can change it if you want too.

Hand;)yo
yes his first name is Philippe but his nickname in France is Philou. ;)

Ziyad
21 Aug 04, 01:16
I have read that after the collapse of the deal with Real that Inter are assessing Cana's future...This is ludicrous keep they guy he is an asset to our team,i dont know if he doesnt want to be with us, but if thats not the case than there is nothing to assess....Why do we get rid of good players and bring crappier ones just for the sake of our coach.

Mikkel
21 Aug 04, 11:13
Calm down nothing have been confirmed yet..... ;) But if canna don't wanna be with us, then it would be the best for all parts if he leaved. And then we should bring in ayoung prospect.

Frisko
21 Aug 04, 12:18
We're going from one excess to another. Before the Bosman ruling, clubs used to have all the power over players. The new law changed that, giving players more freedom. But that's been abused, I think.

How many times did I hear this phrase: "If he wants to leave, the club should release him and find a replacement". Ronaldo is a clear example. He had a 5 years contract, but we just couldn't keep him.

Do you remember when Batistuta used to play in Firenze? He wanted to leave so badly! But Cecchi Gori, Fiorentina's president, just didn't want to hear it. One day, during a home game, there was a banner near his seat in the stands, spelling out: Batistuta is not for sale.

I'm sick of hearing that players should always be allowed to do as they please. They sign freakin contracts!! Their wages are assured for long periods of time. Well, newsflash! There's a catch! If you're under contract, you're required to honour it unless the 2 parts find an agreement.

I personally don't give a sh*t if Canna would like to go to Real, or Juve or wherever. He's got a contract, they should tell him to put up or shut up.

I would consider reasonable to let the a player decide to leave only during the last year of his contract, since he could then move as a free transfer at the end of the season.

Gismo
21 Aug 04, 12:24
I agree, players ought to be more loyal. But in these days morals have been reduced. Unfortunately for the sport. :confused2:

Ronaldo and Figo are IMO perfect examples of disloyalty and no respect for morals and ethics. But this is what has happened.

Frisko
21 Aug 04, 12:41
It's not just a question of loyalty. It's a matter of employer-employee relationship. Players are still employees, and they should remember that!

Gismo
21 Aug 04, 12:57
Right. A player is an employee. Thus he must display respect toward his employer. I do agree, Frisko. ;)

bobati
21 Aug 04, 13:19
Is Cannas contract only until 2005? I think not, Channel 4 wrote this in the Sol Campbell article:

"Another option is Fabio Cannavaro, whose deal with Inter also expires in June 2005. "

Mikkel
21 Aug 04, 14:02
Yes players should be more loyal...But they aren these days..And therefor they do what pleases them...If he is unhappy he goes to the media and tell them that he wont's to leave the club, or do what Vieri did. Wihch of cause is not acceptebel.

Gismo
21 Aug 04, 14:03
Bobati, this is from www.inter.it: He has signed a four-year contract for Inter which will expire in 2006. ;)

Handoyo
21 Aug 04, 14:29
Do you remember when Batistuta used to play in Firenze? He wanted to leave so badly! But Cecchi Gori, Fiorentina's president, just didn't want to hear it. One day, during a home game, there was a banner near his seat in the stands, spelling out: Batistuta is not for sale.
I never heard that story. When was it? ;) If it was before his move to Roma, he deserves to ask a transfer because Fiorentina needs the revenue and Batistuta had given every single drop of sweat & blood and every ounce of energy he had for the club he loves so much.

Hand;)yo

J zanetti
21 Aug 04, 14:32
We're going from one excess to another. Before the Bosman ruling, clubs used to have all the power over players. The new law changed that, giving players more freedom. But that's been abused, I think.

How many times did I hear this phrase: "If he wants to leave, the club should release him and find a replacement". Ronaldo is a clear example. He had a 5 years contract, but we just couldn't keep him.

I'm sick of hearing that players should always be allowed to do as they please. They sign freakin contracts!! Their wages are assured for long periods of time. Well, newsflash! There's a catch! If you're under contract, you're required to honour it unless the 2 parts find an agreement.

I personally don't give a sh*t if Canna would like to go to Real, or Juve or wherever. He's got a contract, they should tell him to put up or shut up.

I would consider reasonable to let the a player decide to leave only during the last year of his contract, since he could then move as a free transfer at the end of the season.
Good post!
Unfortunatly players are taking full advantage of their current position.
To sum it up, in todays football players contract isnt much BUT a piece of paper. The right sum of money can buy anything these days. Its a sad reality....

Frisko
21 Aug 04, 14:46
I never heard that story. When was it? ;) If it was before his move to Roma, he deserves to ask a transfer because Fiorentina needs the revenue and Batistuta had given every single drop of sweat & blood and every ounce of energy he had for the club he loves so much.

Hand;)yo

That was 2 years before Bati moved to Roma. He wanted to leave and win something in his career, but he had a contract, so Cecchi Gori didn't let him go. The banner story is true, I saw it with my own eyes, it said "Batistuta e' incedibile-Batistuta is not for sale".

Something like that happened with Vieri at Inter as well. 2 years ago he wanted to go back to Juve, and Moratti said no.

Pravesh
21 Aug 04, 15:52
I agree with some of you guys. :stuckup:
Players shud really respect their contract. Look at Taddei. Siena gave him chance to play in Serie and he did well. Now, he wants to leave Siena at any cost, not caring the club ??

Ronaldo - I give a phuck to this player.

Makelele - shud have respected his contract with Real, even though I hate Real.

Same goes for many many players.

And same goes for some clubs like Juventus (Davids), Udinese (Pizarro).
Look at the way they treated the players, when the players didn't want to extend their contract with the clubs ??

Clubs and players, both shud respect each other .. :fero:

Bianconeri
21 Aug 04, 15:59
Davids was really, really greedy!! Moggi negotiated with DP and Buffon about the financial situation of Juve, and they took a wage-cut becuse they loved the club... :proud:

Moggi offered quite small wage-rising to Davids, he rejected it... Then he offered even more, but Davids rejected it... It was Davids' "fault" that he left, he didn't really give any options... So screw him indeed...

Pravesh
21 Aug 04, 16:09
I knew that you wud reply to that post of mine. May be Davids was greedy or ??, but that wasn't what I was pointing to. I meant, why don't the clubs and players respect the contracts they sign ???

Players asking for rise in wage ??
And clubs not treating players well, when their players wudn't want to extend the contract with them.

;)

Bianconeri
21 Aug 04, 16:20
I meant, why don't the clubs and players respect the contracts they sign ???

Players asking for rise in wage ??
And clubs not treating players well, when their players wudn't want to extend the contract with them.

;)

money talks, bulls*it walks... :( :rolleyes:

Ziyad
21 Aug 04, 23:31
I am starting to luv Davids for the wrong reasons now :D :proud:

If the guy produces on the field then he deserves everything he is getting i think...its when u see a lack of effort that pisses me off,these guys are professional u have to remember and the later u get in ur career u hit something like the soccerplayer midlife crisis..thats why they wanna secure everything.

Pravesh
21 Aug 04, 23:43
I am starting to luv Davids for the wrong reasons now :D :proud:

:D

Lets hope so. ;)

Frisko
21 Aug 04, 23:43
Juve's attitude with Davids was absolutely unprofessional and childish. They told him that if he didn't agree to their demands, he wasn't going to play at all. And they benched him and replaced him with Appiah.

At the end of the season, Davids had a great spell at Barcelona, and Juve had a terrible season. Then they tried to beg him to come back, using Capello as bait. But Davids gave them the finger. :finger:

Gosh I can't wait for the 28 of November, I'll be going to the S Siro to watch Inter v Juve, and watching Davids play agaisnt the Gobbi will be a dream come true :)

Miki
21 Aug 04, 23:45
Gosh I can't wait for the 28 of November, I'll be going to the S Siro to watch Inter v Juve, and watching Davids play agaisnt the Gobbi will be a dream come true :)
Try to bring along a Forza Inter Forums banner for some extra advertising. It'll be nice to get more exposure, especially in the San Siro. ;)

Ciao,
Tim

Ziyad
21 Aug 04, 23:50
Frisko u better take a camera and take lots of pics for us...especially of the scoreboard afterwords.... ;)

Frisko
21 Aug 04, 23:55
I will do a FI banner Tim, great idea. I will take lots of pics too, I promise!

Pravesh
22 Aug 04, 02:03
Frisko u better take a camera and take lots of pics for us...especially of the scoreboard afterwords.... ;)

But only if the score is good one.

And yeah, take lots of pics, otherwise ... u are not welcome back to forza forum. :stuckup:

:D

grobar
27 Aug 04, 12:48
cannavaro is leaving inter he is just hours away it sais it on channel 4 and it sais it on calciomercato and planetfootball i think its maybe a good idea because we have burdisso and he will replace cannavaro and cannavaro is 31 and he keeps on getting injuries so it might be betta off........................... cya later canna

Pod
27 Aug 04, 12:55
But then why did we canceled Adani's contract ?It makes no sense completly.If we sell him we have to buy central defender I guess.Or maybe Sorondo will stay ?I've heard that Iuliano might be our 5 DC.Or maybe it's Chivu ?I have no idea what's going on.

Mikkel
27 Aug 04, 12:59
Nooooooooooo.........This is simply not happening. Now they have done it, I have had enaugh of Inters stupidety. I hope someone will beat the shit out of Moratti. He deserves it :fero: :fero: I can't take it anymore...We keep on selling our best players to our rivals.. :wallbang:

grobar
27 Aug 04, 13:07
i dont know but i have a feeling we wont sell him because because he hasnt said anythin of wanting 2 leave inter and fachetti said if the player is happy we will keep him and cannavaro is happy as he said. and in the training photos he seems happy hes always smiling so i dont know its 50-50 but it sais on channel 4 that the deal could be completed in a couple of hours..... i dont know what 2 beleive

SB9Dragon
27 Aug 04, 14:11
If we trade Cannavaro for Carini alone then Facchetti is a dumbass. Carini and Iuliano for Cannavaro, then Facchetti is an idiot. WE SHOULDN'T SELL CANNVARO, ESPECIALLY FOR A KNOCKDOWN PRICE TO JUVE. WTF are the Inter management smoking? It must be something terribly strong if either of these deals go through.

CafeCordoba
27 Aug 04, 14:23
If we trade Cannavaro for Carini alone then Facchetti is a dumbass. Carini and Iuliano for Cannavaro, then Facchetti is an idiot. WE SHOULDN'T SELL CANNVARO, ESPECIALLY FOR A KNOCKDOWN PRICE TO JUVE. WTF are the Inter management smoking? It must be something terribly strong if either of these deals go through.

Maybe something like Juve retreating the Cesar chase. But still I'm very much AGAINST this transfer. We really need Cannavaro and we don't have any reasons to sell him. Okay, big wages, but that can't be the true reason, it's been seen that Inter has a lot of money to spend.

Handoyo
27 Aug 04, 15:48
Why are we scared of Juve chasing Cesar? Take a look at our number 25.

Hand;)yo

Frisko
27 Aug 04, 15:55
If we do this it will be a major blow, it will ruin our whole transfer market. We can't give Juve such a big help with Cannavaro and getting Carini, gosh I feel sick just writing it down. :cry2:

CafeCordoba
27 Aug 04, 15:57
Why are we scared of Juve chasing Cesar? Take a look at our number 25.

Hand;)yo

You're refering to Stankovic? That's completely true. We don't need Cesar but Mancini really wants him like you know. And Juve has been (maybe) chasing Cesar too and in some rumours it was said that if we hand Cannavaro to Juve they would let us alone try to get Cesar. Maybe that's just pure bullsh*t but that kind of stupidity can be possible when we still have one certain guy up there.

Stankovic has been really convincing at the left flank and Ze Maria has done so far very good at the right what I've understood so I see no reason getting Cesar.

Noodles
27 Aug 04, 18:31
Itīs so phuking sure that Canna is going to shine in Turin. This is quite bizarre move from our management. Whole summer they have done very much to keep our rivals as week as possible. And now this. If something is wrong with Juve, itīs their fumbling defence.

But donīt you guys worry at all, we have NT-captain and if you want we can give him to you. A compensation?. Well, do you have somebody totaly useless? Uh, all right, just give us an unreliable keeper. Do we need him? No, not yet, but maybe sometime. And itīs just so freaking fun to have a big competition in every place thatīs possible. Thatīs our way!!!

Pod
27 Aug 04, 19:05
Moggi has confirmed that the transfer is almost done.

The most important transfer next year should be Baldini from Roma because those all ours morons from the managment has lost their minds.

Frisko
27 Aug 04, 19:07
I just refuse to believe this shit. I was talking about it with my brother, he says that maybe we want to fool Juve and let them think that we're going to give them Canna, and then take him off the table at the last moment so they won't sign anyone else. God I wish that's true!

I would hate the swap C Zanetti/Camoranesi, but at least there's a logic to it, since we have lots of players that can play as CM.

But Cannavaro/Carini just doesn't make any sense! Carini would never be a starter for us, not even after Toldo. I just can't accept it.

J zanetti
27 Aug 04, 19:29
I was talking about it with my brother, he says that maybe we want to fool Juve and let them think that we're going to give them Canna, and then take him off the table at the last moment so they won't sign anyone else. God I wish that's true!

wow - interesting stuff! I actually never though about that.
But my god, if so, then Ill be over the moon! Cause then Gobbi will have to put up with their shaky defence :D
Anyhow, back to reality and so I believe our (at times) brainless management will give him for a VERY cheap price and in return get few disgusting left over zebras! :fero:

Thug_Paco
27 Aug 04, 20:55
I can say only one thing if this happens, STUPIDITY AT ITS BEST!! We should learn from past mistakes like pirlo,seedorf,ferrari,mutu maaaaan dont we ever learn!!!

SB9Dragon
27 Aug 04, 21:11
I agree Han. Who cares if Cesar is being chased by Juve? Giving Cannavaro to them to get another player is the stupidest logic I have ever heard. Pathetic excuse to give away one of our best defenders to Juve, of all teams!

If Facchetti and co. really want Cesar than they will meet Lotito's demands and get him. Though I for one would sorta rather us get Jankulovski instead.

Interforeva
27 Aug 04, 22:51
Sadly I wouldn't be that surprised if we did something stupid like swapping Canna for Carini. I have come to expect stupid actions like this from our management.

mMontenegro
27 Aug 04, 23:55
If we sell Canna to Juve - it would be desaster. I would rather sell him to Real, but their offer was to poor. Now there's Juve with money and Carini. He was excelent prospect, but now he isn't in Urugay NT.
At this moment there isn't any player at Juve that Inter needs (except Zambrota and Nedved, but they are gods in Juve so....)

Selling Canna to Juve :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

CafeCordoba
28 Aug 04, 09:02
I agree Han. Who cares if Cesar is being chased by Juve? Giving Cannavaro to them to get another player is the stupidest logic I have ever heard. Pathetic excuse to give away one of our best defenders to Juve, of all teams!

If Facchetti and co. really want Cesar than they will meet Lotito's demands and get him. Though I for one would sorta rather us get Jankulovski instead.

I totally agree with you. If Mancini really wants his left winger, then get Jankulovski. But the most important thing would be to keep Cannavaro.

That giving Cannavaro to Juve that they would let us get Cesar is just a speculation which I was reading in some rumours but it sounds very stupid indeed.

mMontenegro
28 Aug 04, 09:17
This is sad day for Inter. Cannavaro goes to Juve... and we got Carini and maybe some cash.
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=18801&progr=4
I don't know what to say for our managment ... now we'll have to wait and see if this was the right decision.
Time will tell if this was right move. But as allways, I think that Canna is going to shine again in Juve.
Thanks Canna for everything

intermilansg
28 Aug 04, 10:37
This is sad day for Inter. Cannavaro goes to Juve... and we got Carini and maybe some cash.
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=18801&progr=4
I don't know what to say for our managment ... now we'll have to wait and see if this was the right decision.
Time will tell if this was right move. But as allways, I think that Canna is going to shine again in Juve.
Thanks Canna for everything

bye bye scudetto and CL :D

Frisko
28 Aug 04, 10:47
I'm not believing it until it's 1,000% official :cry2:

Fabio
28 Aug 04, 10:55
I'm not believing it until it's 1,000% official :cry2:

I agree,or at least until Cannavaro has said something!Please don't go Canna! :cry2:

Fabio ;)

DISCO ZZANG
28 Aug 04, 11:04
INTER management is really really stupid.

INTER not need Scudetto and CL???????? why Canna give to juve????

Mikkel
28 Aug 04, 13:50
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :frustrat: :fero: Man Im pissed, I hate hate Inter board. It so frustrating to see the Inter manegment keep doing these kind of stupid things. First we sold Pirlo and Seedorf to Milan. Now we are doing it with Cannavaro to Gobbi..No words can describe this..Now I am totaly sure who I hate moste

1)Inters board
2)Milan and Gobbi.

:fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat:

And I was hoping that this roomer would be all over by now...

It didn't help a bit to get drunk....It was good while I was it....bot now I have hangovers and are pissed at the same time

mMontenegro
28 Aug 04, 14:19
It's just Inter

Bianconeri
28 Aug 04, 15:59

Don't ever believe Moggi... Moggi after the match against Djurgården: "We won't buy any new players." Nearly instantly DP commented: "Mr. Moggi has lied before..."

:undecide: After all this thinking, I don't think that we'll get any new CBs...

mMontenegro
28 Aug 04, 17:24
You know him better
But where is smoke, there is fire :)

And also we are staying with 4 CBs which quality is dubious. Cordoba is ok by me, but Materazzi is bad tempered. Burdisso is young and maybe he is going to be excelent or very very disapointing... Miha isn't so bad but he's slow as turttle. I don't know... also selling him to our direct rival is sooooooooo stupid :yuck:
Only if we can buy Campbel, King , Company .... on 1st September everything will be cleared

ILuvInter
28 Aug 04, 22:24
Juve: We have Cannavaro Saturday 28 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi has confirmed that there is a deal in place for Fabio Cannavaro.

“We already have an agreement with Inter,” revealed the transfer guru on Saturday evening. “All that is missing now is the terms of the contract with the player. Once that is sorted out, Cannavaro will be a Juventus player.”

The statements were made after the 1-0 Trofeo Berlusconi victory over Milan, although the Italian press had already known about the imminent move for a couple of days.

Azzurri captain Cannavaro had been on the verge to a Juventus switch when he was transfer listed by Parma in 2002, but instead opted to join Inter.

His time at the San Siro has been troubled by persistent injuries, seeing him put in just 50 League appearances over two seasons.

As his Ģ2m a season contract expires next summer, Inter are willing to release the 31-year-old defender in a straight swap deal with Uruguayan goalkeeper Fabian Carini.

However, the shot-stopper will remain for another season on loan at Standard Liege in order to qualify him for an EC passport.

Fabio Capello also hinted that a deal for Cannavaro was imminent when he noted, “He made a great central defensive partnership with Lilian Thuram at Parma and I’m sure they will remember that rapport.”

As Cannavaro has travelled to Florence for Sunday’s Pirelli Cup match with the Viola, it’s likely the move will only be completed on Monday.

ILuvInter
28 Aug 04, 22:30
I'd be mad then if we didn't get Chivu by tomorrow or after tomorrow !!! :mad: :fero: :frustrat:

Gismo
28 Aug 04, 22:31
Even Juve fans donīt trust Moggi. Earlier today Bianconeri said that he is a big liar. Believing him now is like believing Moratti/Facchetti! All three are big fat liars. :D

CafeCordoba
28 Aug 04, 22:38
That channel4's suggested swap deal bounced to my eye. Jesus christ! I really don't believe in that before it's official. Inter board can't be that stupid!

This clearly wasn't planned and if I would have know that this is gonna (maybe happen) then I would have kept Gamarra.

chalon
28 Aug 04, 23:28
If this is true, we got just 1 world class defender left, Cordoba, as Burdisso is not proven yet, and Miha, Matrix and Sorondo are not world class defenders, just backups. And the worst thing is that Inter is letting go Canna so cheap; I know maybe Inter managers are thinking about a replacement for Toldo, but if Juve want Canna, it should be Carini + maybe Thuram, or straight swap for Zambrotta, but not like this, I'm soooooo pissed.
Is not only that we are selling our best defender, if he wants to go badly, we should as for more many, or better players. :fero:

chalon
28 Aug 04, 23:30
many = money

Pravesh
29 Aug 04, 01:05

Don't ever believe Moggi... Moggi after the match against Djurgården: "We won't buy any new players." Nearly instantly DP commented: "Mr. Moggi has lied before..."

:undecide: After all this thinking, I don't think that we'll get any new CBs...

Bianconeri, don't get sad coz Moggi lied. :D
It's normal for them to lie, it's a tactic, which is used by many many teams. Don't you play CM ?? We are told to lie there as well. :P

Anyway, it does seem that Inter is all set to sell Cannavaro. :fero:
But hopefully, it's not just for the Carini, but I am hoping for something more, like + $$ or simply only $$, but not that low as rumoured. :yuck:

Now, I am not happy with our defence. As said by many:

CORDOBA - The one and only proven quality defender.
MATERAZZI - Some might say he's god to us, and we shudn't go for name and fame. But I am sorry to say that Materazzi isn't that quality defender. He does his job well, but we need to upgrade this department.
MIHAJLOVIC - Kinda same as above.
BURDISSO - The next Samuel ?? Well, he's not proved that in Serie, coz this is just his first season. We can't expect him to replace Canna right away.It takes time. Not every player can perform like KAKA did in Serie.
But still, I am hoping for that though. :proud:

DEFENDERS' OUT -
Adani
Gamarra
Cannavaro (?)

DEFENDERS' IN -
Burdisso
Mihajlovic

Doesn't look that good. :depress:
Or has Inter found another talent in our youth team- Giani / Della Fiore / ? :P

Just few days and hope that the management and Mancini know what they are doing. :)

** But if the management is planning to sell Cannavaro in a low amount of $$ so that we would get Cesar, then I wud say that Inter management has phuked up again, after sometime. ;)

Frisko
29 Aug 04, 01:20
I'm laughing my ass off at Materazzi and Mihajlovic being "about the same" :dielaugh:

Pravesh
29 Aug 04, 01:24
I'm laughing my ass off at Materazzi and Mihajlovic being "about the same" :dielaugh:

;)

Materazzi is slightly better than Mihajlovic, which I didn't state earlier. But I don't think at all that there's much difference between these players. My opinion, you gotta respect it. :fero: :P

Or is Mancini planning to get rid of Canna, so that his pal Mihajlovic's playing chance will be better. :confused:
Just another theory. :)

EDIT:

Btw, I have just realized that Cananavro is in the squad to face FIORENTINA. So how the hell would it mean that we are planning to sell him ?? Is it coz we don’t have that much defenders, or is it coz there’s still chance that Canna might not join Juve ? :confused:

Frisko
29 Aug 04, 01:32
Lol of course I respect it Pravesh, just let me laugh hehe

Seriously I'm a big fan of Matrix and I can just about stand Miha so there's your explanation :)

J zanetti
29 Aug 04, 01:35
Materazzi is slightly better than Mihajlovic, which I didn't sate earlier. But I don't think at all that there's much difference between these players. My opinion, you gotta respect it. :fero: :P

wow!! are you being serious here? :confused:
not much difference between Matrix and that serbian thug? :rolleyes:
Perhaps Mihajlovic at his best was a quality defender, but that was AGES ago!

Or is Mancini planning to get rid of Canna, so that his pal Mihajlovic's playing chance will be better. :confused:
Just another theory. :)

I truley believe that is a very solid theory. Unfortunatly Canna's departure will result in more playing time for Mihajlovic! :depress:

Sisenando
29 Aug 04, 01:36
[MATERAZZI - Some might say he's god to us, and we shudn't go for name and fame. But I am sorry to say that Materazzi isn't that quality defender. He does his job well, but we need to upgrade this department.
MIHAJLOVIC - Kinda same as above.

(Looks At FRISKO)MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Pravesh
29 Aug 04, 01:54

Seriously I'm a big fan of Matrix and I can just about stand Miha so there's your explanation :)

I think you guys took it in a very different way, when I said Matrix and Miha are kinda same. :mad:

May be I was not clear ..... It doesn't mean that they are on the same level. I wudn't say that Mihajlovic is that bad defender, but I wud also not say that Matrix is a world class defender.

If I wud have chosen Inter's defenders for Inter, the order wud be like this (in the absence of Canna):

(1) Cordoba
(2) Burdisso / Materazzi
(3) Burdisso / Materazzi
(4) Mihajlovic

And I have been saying like that since we brought Mihajlovic to Inter.
There's a big difference if we compare Nesta and Materazzi. I just meant that the same kinda difference wudn't apply in Mihajlovic-Materazzi case.

========================

btw, if we get Carini, it wud be a good deal. I have read many good things abt Carini. He could be our future number one GK. But lets hope that it's not a direct swap deal, if we are really planning to sell Canna.

:(

snake
29 Aug 04, 04:24
I think i agree with Prav. I am aware that matrix is a better defender than miha. But lets assume matrix with 36. He and miha will be almsot identical lol. Both slow, both got good free kicks. Both the taller man in defence.

At the moment Matrix is obviously better. when Canna goes, Miha will be Matrix's backup. Or Burdisso will partner Cordoba.

Ziyad
29 Aug 04, 04:58
It seems the only reason we are losing Canna is that he wasnt a Lazio player and didnt play in that "GREAT" team with Mancini or under him.. :yuck:
Adani wasnt on that team too although both proved to be very useful last year ,it doesnt matter...What matters now is that we have Mihalovic so that Mancini feels comfortable.. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

intermilansg
29 Aug 04, 07:49

I think you guys took it in a very different way, when I said Matrix and Miha are kinda same. :mad:

May be I was not clear ..... It doesn't mean that they are on the same level. I wudn't say that Mihajlovic is that bad defender, but I wud also not say that Matrix is a world class defender.

If I wud have chosen Inter's defenders for Inter, the order wud be like this (in the absence of Canna):

(1) Cordoba
(2) Burdisso / Materazzi
(3) Burdisso / Materazzi
(4) Mihajlovic

And I have been saying like that since we brought Mihajlovic to Inter.
There's a big difference if we compare Nesta and Materazzi. I just meant that the same kinda difference wudn't apply in Mihajlovic-Materazzi case.

:(

bilan will rape us with that kind of backline :yuck:

ILuvInter
29 Aug 04, 09:57
Alright guys , Let's stop thinking negative and stop criticizing our great Coach Mancio . let's stop this way and start to think of what shall we do to such a blow ....will we ???

Im just disappointed as you all and i don't know how they are thinking ??? how do you want to capture the scudetto and in the same way leave Italy's Captain and be weakened at Defense ??? what's worse is that it isn't even for econoimcal values since it's a swap deal. Not to mention that we are strengthing a Rival .I don't really understand but i believe that we should let go and go on as the show must always go on .....

Jake
29 Aug 04, 10:08
Ok, let's look at the 99% transfer from every point of view.

What do we get?
- Carini, a keeper that might some day be our no.1 goalie.

What does Juve get?
- Cannavaro, one of the best defenders in the world. Juve's weakest link last season was the defence and now we (Inter) want to strenghten it voluntarily.

Our defence after the transfer...
- Our defence has been really strong for awhile, after this move, we have only one world class central defender: Cordoba. Burdisso still has a long way to go. Miha and Matrix have proven that they are not up for the task.

Juve's defence after the transfer...
- Thuram-Canna pair will be very strong, even though they are both over 30, they still have I'd say at least 3 very good seasons left.

So is this BS true? I'm afraid so. I really thought Inter management had already shown their incompetence in all those disastrous deals throughout the years, but this one is the tip of an iceberg.

I'm so ashamed... :depress: :depress:

J zanetti
29 Aug 04, 10:43
Alright guys , Let's stop thinking negative and stop criticizing our great Coach Mancio . let's stop this way and start to think of what shall we do to such a blow ....will we ???
Even the greatest coaches have negative sides. Plus Mancini has a long way to go inorder to becomce a great coach. He still hasnt proved himself on the biggest stages with a club having the pressure of winning everything!

Credit should be given when due to, but also criticisim should be given when deserved.
I said it from the begining and as days goes by im proving right. Mancini seem to favour his players and sadly enough his so called "friends" :depress:

Bianconeri
29 Aug 04, 10:43
Btw, I have just realized that Cananavro is in the squad to face FIORENTINA. So how the hell would it mean that we are planning to sell him ?? Is it coz we don’t have that much defenders, or is it coz there’s still chance that Canna might not join Juve ? :confused:

Read that Channel4 article properly, will you... :D

Jimmy
29 Aug 04, 10:55
It simply makes no sense. Mancini has been given the captain of Italy in his team at his disposal. A player that during the last 10 years or so has been one of the best defenders in the world.

I still donīt think Mancini wants to get rid of him. If he does, we simply need to buy a new defender and that fast. A starting defender even so, because I donīt want to rely on Materazzi the entire season.

snake
29 Aug 04, 10:57
If he does, we simply need to buy a new defender and that fast. A starting defender even so, because I donīt want to rely on Materazzi the entire season.

Sadly, according to reports that player is Gamarra.

Jimmy
29 Aug 04, 10:59
Where have you heard that? :confused: I highly doubt he would want to return to Inter and rarely play again.

ILuvInter
29 Aug 04, 11:06
[/quote]
Even the greatest coaches have negative sides. Plus Mancini has a long way to go inorder to becomce a great coach. He still hasnt proved himself on the biggest stages with a club having the pressure of winning everything!

Credit should be given when due to, but also criticisim should be given when deserved.
I said it from the begining and as days goes by im proving right. Mancini seem to favour his players and sadly enough his so called "friends" :depress:[/quote

I didn't mean that Mancio is perfect . I mean we shouldn't be harsh on him earlier this season . We should give him a chance especially that we got alot of super-stars at our disposal and he knows how to get the better out of each one of them . Us 'Fans' , We shouldn't pressurize him esepecially that he is under ' a supreme pressure' being the New Nerazzurri Coach that will get trophies for the hungry club , see what im getting at ??. I mean let things go smoothly for Mancio as he's still young , showing a great abilities to control such a fabulous club like Inter , not only this but to Entertain and Have fun ( the feeling that go willing will be the key for us to trophies ) since we made everything serious at the past , we should enjoy our club , our display , be optimisitic , then the results will come .

snake
29 Aug 04, 11:18
Jimmy. it was reported by the Gazzetta.

Pani
29 Aug 04, 11:36
Mozzi said that they have an agreement with Inter!! :mad:

DISCO ZZANG
29 Aug 04, 11:45
INTER is give alms to the juve. Cannavaro and SCUDETTO.

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Gismo
29 Aug 04, 11:52
It is saddening to see that when Cannavaro is as much as rumoured to leave us Materazziīs heroic performances last season are all forgotten. :( Whatīs even more sad is that after Mancini convincingly qualifies to CL against a good team in better physical shape and match shape - everyone accuse him of of favouring his friends. Give the guy a phucking chance before launching scathing attacks on him!! :depress:

So according to rumours we are getting Gamarra back and letting go Cannavaro for Carini? Iīm sorry but thatīs nonsense. Whatīs the chance of having two so unlikely deals happen? The odds are not big IMO.

CafeCordoba
29 Aug 04, 12:02
I don't believe we will sign anyone after Cannavaro goes. Mancini trusts Mihajlovic very much what I've understood and if Cordoba-Materazzi pair is to be broken it's Mihajlovic right there to take the spot. I'm afraid the case is this. And then Burdisso will get some minutes if it's needed. Sorondo will be just reserve for critical situations cause it seems we can't get rid of him. (or are some Primavera guys above him, who knows..)

But this is a major disaster for our summer transfer market I think.

Gismo
29 Aug 04, 12:05
Reasons why I think Canna will stay:

1) He turned down Real Madrid already. What can Juve possibly have to attract Cannaīs interest that Real hasnīt? Money? No. Popular players? No. Am I wrong or did he say that he would only leave Inter for Real? Or was that ONLY Totti? :confused:

2) Inter let him go to Euro 2004 because apparently he wanted to play that tournament. They could have just said: "No, Fabio Cannavaro. Youīre staying here to recover your injury!" But they didnīt, they allowed him to go. He should be happy of that.

3) The new invironment of Manciniīs Inter must be nice for ANY soccer player.

4) If Moggi says: "We have Cannavaro, only personal details are left to be sorted out", does it mean it is true? Not necessarily: Remember when Juve got Capello. He pulled Capello like a rabbit out of a hat, using some other coach as a decoy.

5) Who says Canna isnīt a decoy to get a better defender than him? It certainly wouldnīt be the first time...

6) Even Juve supporters donīt believe Moggi.

7) Bianconeri icon, Del Piero, himself stated after Djurgarden - Juventus that Moggi isnīt exactly trustworthy.

8) Edit: Would he pass the medical?

9)

But it's interesting to see will Canna want to reduce his wages. Because Juventus isn't paying him what we pay him.

Reasons why I think Canna will leave:

There is a chance that Moggi is telling the truth.

Canna is pretty old, and if he really does wanna play for Juve it would be his last option to be a Juventus player.

Pravesh
29 Aug 04, 12:07

Read that Channel4 article properly, will you... :D

:P

Read the above post of mine, quoted by you, again. (the underlined sentence)

:)

CafeCordoba
29 Aug 04, 12:15
Reasons why I think Canna will stay:

1) He turned down Real Madrid already. What can Juve possibly have to attract Cannaīs interest that Real hasnīt? Money? No. Popular players? No. Am I wrong or did he say that he would only leave Inter for Real? Or was that ONLY Totti? :confused:

He didn't turn down Real Madrid, it was Real who turned down him cause he wouldn't apparently passed the medical.

But it's interesting to see will Canna want to reduce his wages. Because Juventus isn't paying him what we pay him.

edit. wouldn't have apparently passed the medical.

Gismo
29 Aug 04, 12:17
He didn't turn down Real Madrid, it was Real who turned down him cause he wouldn't apparently passed the medical.
Says who? Rumour sites like Channel 4? ;)

Pravesh
29 Aug 04, 12:20
Official: Fiorentina capture Chiellini

That would mean that Cannavaro is more and more close to Juventus. :rolleyes:

And more truth to Moggi's statement:

Cannavaro, Ventola, Lamouchi are out of of the squad for the match against Fiorentina. (source-inter.it)

## Well then, what can we say to Cannavaro now ?? BYE BYE .... :proud:

Riku
29 Aug 04, 12:21
Cannavaro stayed in Milan along with Lamouchi and Ventola. So that means that he will move to Juve :(

PIRELLI CUP: LA SQUADRA Č IN RITIRO
Domenica, 29 Agosto 2004 13:54:24
APPIANO GENTILE - Dopo l'allenamento di rifinitura di questa mattina al centro sportivo "Angelo Moratti", la squadra ha raggiunto l'hotel di Firenze sede del ritiro in vista della "Pirelli Cup", in programma questa sera allo stadio "Artemio Franchi" contro la Fiorentina (ore 20,45). Sono rimasti a Milano Fabio Cannavaro, Sabri Lamouci e Nicola Ventola. Ad Appiano lavori individuali per Nicola Beati, Lampros Choutos, Alex Cordaz, Obafemi Martins e Cristiano Zanetti. Assente Christian Vieri che č rimasto a riposo a causa di uno stato febbrile.

snake
29 Aug 04, 12:21
Gismo id love to be optimistic like you. But after reading they left him behind at appiano gentile with Ventola (now going to england) and Lamouchi (leaving aswell) what does this tell you.

Sorry people, its practically official.

CafeCordoba
29 Aug 04, 12:23
Says who? Rumour sites like Channel 4? ;)

Okay, it wasn't quoted any where by any persons at Inter or Real but yes, it was said in many sites when the Woodgate transfer was near.

And was it said that Cannavaro did turn down Real somewhere? I haven't read that even in rumour sites.

Gismo
29 Aug 04, 12:25
I think you misunderstood my point. I meant since Real Madrid couldnīt convince Cannavaro to leave Inter, who can? ;)

snake
29 Aug 04, 12:29
I think you misunderstood my point. I meant since Real Madrid couldnīt convince Cannavaro to leave Inter, who can? ;)

I hope in a couple of days u wont be eating your own words.

Gismo
29 Aug 04, 12:32
Me too, Helal. :P

CafeCordoba
29 Aug 04, 12:32

Hmm, I remember that Cannavaro did said that he could go to Real. But, this is irrelevant at this point of this discussion. :)

Like someone said here, Gamarra is rumoured back to Inter.

http://sports.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200435/cmc_72103.html

There's other very worrying piece of news in that link. I understood that Burdisso is injured during the Olympics and now he's out for about a month. Just great!

We get rid of Cannavaro and then suddenly, we have just three experienced central defenders in Cafe, Matrix and Miha, and the last one of them is slow and old who I don't trust at all.

Just great..

Gismo
29 Aug 04, 12:34
Irrelevant? :D Whatever, if you say so. Only a player who is not TRUE Nerazzurri or a Juvenista would prefer Juventus over Real Madrid given the choice. Only VERY FEW who is either not loyal to their team or not a Juve fan would do this.

Gismo
29 Aug 04, 12:44
These players did not leave for Florence today: Fabio Cannavaro, Sabri Lamouchi, Nicola Ventola, Nicola Beati, Lampros Choutos, Alex Cordaz, Obafemi Martins, Cristiano Zanetti and Christian Vieri.

What do they all have in common? Either injured or fever (Vieri). :hopefull:

snake
29 Aug 04, 12:48
J zanetti : its a bit off topic. But when i watch that game juventus - inter.

It made me smile so much :) even momentarily forget the problem with our management.

I actually for a sec said i wish we had the days of Zac...Adani was looking good, C zanetti looked decent. :) i guess those are old times.

Ok Mancini you will do what u need to do in this market. You have chosen to get rid of Canna so u can bring in Cesar. I will not judge u until i see where we finish. But whereever it was i would of loved it to been with Canna.

Thug_Paco
29 Aug 04, 12:59
I am so F*cking sad about this man. Im even sadder than last year when we sold Crespo. Why does this dumb management always sell a important player of the team in the summer for example Ronaldo,Crespo and now Canna. Why cant we just follow milan who always are able to keep there star players, BUT no we are inter and we must sell a world class player.

And what makes it worse is why are we selling him to a serie a rival??? Thats so f*cking dumb, man i am really mad about this, I dont think i will be able to forgive the management. In the cl we will only have Materazzi,Cordoba now as mihajlovic and burdisso are out. I can say only one thing

BYE BYE SCUDETTO AND CL

Tommi
29 Aug 04, 13:14
I do NOT believe these Cannavaro to Juve rumors.

Itīs just doesnīt make sense. We have a great team, we have finally a great midfield, great strikers and only defence has been somewhat unreliable. Selling Cannavaro now would be a disaster.

But, like i said, i do NOT believe this rumor.

Pod
29 Aug 04, 14:14
3 Improtant news:Canna, Ventola and Lamouchi didn't travel to Firenze, Choutos is still Inter player, Beati and Cordaz are still with us

APPIANO GENTILE - The Nerazzurri have arrived at their hotel in Florence ahead of tonight's Pirelli Cup match against Fiorentina at the Artemio Franchi Stadium (kick-off at 20:45CET).

Fabio Cannavaro, Sabri Lamouci and Nicola Ventola have remained behind in Milan, where Nicola Beati, Lampros Choutos, Alex Cordaz, Obafemi Martins and Cristiano Zanetti did some individual work. Christian Vieri (flu) had the day off.

Inter.it

Jimmy
29 Aug 04, 14:58
So that does it then. Three players that are supposed to leave the club according to rumours all of a sudden stay at home.

This is so phucked up.

snake
29 Aug 04, 15:18
According to rumours?
i would say according to Fact.

SB9Dragon
29 Aug 04, 15:22
I think this truly means that all 3 will be sold which I'm ok with. When I truly think about the Cannavaro situation I guess it is smart to sell. Next season he could walk away for free so I guess since our defenders are getting old it isn't all that bad to trade him for Carini who is a good GK. Its good for the future but not the present.

Gismo
29 Aug 04, 15:26
That would be the only good thing, but I agree.

Mikkel
29 Aug 04, 15:44
Yep Cannavaro will leave, that is setain now. I think there is many reasons why Inter have decided to sell him.

1) He havent played weary well with us
2) His contract expire next summer, so Inter will get somthing out of him while the can. Because he will probertly leave us next summer, If we didn't sell him now.
3) He will be out for some time do to injurie.

But still I don't like the idear of selling him to one of our rivals. And I don't understand that we canceld Adanis contract when it was the plan to of load Cannavaro.

Jake
29 Aug 04, 16:13
Yep Cannavaro will leave, that is setain now. I think there is many reasons why Inter have decided to sell him.

1) He havent played weary well with us
2) His contract expire next summer, so Inter will get somthing out of him while the can. Because he will probertly leave us next summer, If we didn't sell him now.

Canna's contract expires in 2006 and he hasn't been that bad. Damn this deal is so FUCKIN #Ī/=#Ī_Ļå4

ILuvInter
29 Aug 04, 16:13
I need Explanation !!!

Mikkel
29 Aug 04, 16:22
As I stated in another thread....Why the hell is some media saying it's 2005. :mad:

No but he haven't played good either.

Frisko
29 Aug 04, 16:31
From Inter.it

http://www.inter.it/aas/squadra/player1?codgioc=G0742&L=en&stagione=2004/05

He has signed a four-year contract for Inter which will expire in 2006.

Jimmy
29 Aug 04, 16:36
This is simply an outrage. Donīt be too surprised if we see Miha being a regular this season.

Gismo
29 Aug 04, 16:43
Al right, since me and Tommi seem to be the only persons on this board who donīt believe in the Canna rumour: Moggi said Canna is Bianconeri, but did he mention anything about the details about the deal such as money/players in return to Inter?

Jimmy
29 Aug 04, 16:47
I didnīt believe the rumours either until he all of a sudden stays at home when he was supposed to play tonight. Thatīs a pretty good indication that heīs gone.

J zanetti
29 Aug 04, 16:50
This is simply an outrage. Donīt be too surprised if we see Miha being a regular this season.
Please dont give me a heart attack! :frustrat: :frustrat:

Pravesh
29 Aug 04, 16:52
I didnīt believe the rumours either until he all of a sudden stays at home when he was supposed to play tonight. Thatīs a pretty good indication that heīs gone.

Exactly. ;)

Al right, since me and Tommi seem to be the only persons on this board who donīt believe in the Canna rumour: Moggi said Canna is Bianconeri, but did he mention anything about the details about the deal such as money/players in return to Inter?

We are just been rumoured to get Carini or less amount of $$, so that's not a big deal. we are not going to get Nedved or Zambrotta, so it's not important for him to tell abt $$ or players to be swapped.

No wonder.

FORZA INTER

g'nite guys :)

intermilansg
29 Aug 04, 17:20

he will be the next candidate for my new avatar :D

Gismo
29 Aug 04, 17:22
Candidate?!?! You really think we have a worse player than Miha in our squad? :D Lamouchi you think? :confused:

CafeCordoba
29 Aug 04, 17:38

Exactly. It was quite evident when these rumours bounced again to the public. Mancini seems really trust Mihajlovic, he's gonna be the new Helveg.

Interforeva
29 Aug 04, 18:11

I am gutted that the management are thinking of selling Canna to Juve, but to have Miha as a regular would make it even worse. I just hope personal terms can't be agreed and Canna ends up staying.

Pravesh
29 Aug 04, 18:20

he will be the next candidate for my new avatar :D

lol ... lucky mihajlovic :P :D

The_Egyptian_Interista
29 Aug 04, 19:08
Nice deal Inter. Once again you managed to show the whole world how much of a joke you are. Now it'll be between Juve and Milan and we'll struggle for the inter-toto spot. :frustrat:

Selling a world class defender to a hated rival ? Yup, only @ Inter Milan. :star:

Frisko
29 Aug 04, 19:13
Gosh The_Egyptian_Interista your words are like salt on a wound :cry2:

Jimmy
29 Aug 04, 19:22
Seriously though. If Inter makes a straight swap between Canna and Carini without any money involved, then they must be nuts. Not even wages could be a part of such a transfer. If we had wanted to let go of the wages, then Vieri should have been sold and not a player that was supposed to be an important part of our starting eleven.

I mean, we let go of a central defender that is Italyīs captain and one of the biggest profiles in football, for a keeper who has never been a first keeper in Serie A and has received critizism for his play in the Belgian league.

This deal would top the Simic - Davala swap by far.

PS. If this deal go through, I suggest that we ALL use Inter.it's mail option to send in what we feel about this. Even if the mail wonīt go to Moratti/Facchetti.

The_Egyptian_Interista
29 Aug 04, 19:32
I Still can't believe this ! We're actually going to swap Cannavaro for some 3rd rate goalie ! :frustrat: :eek:

Why couldn't we sell Fabio to say, Arsenal or Real Madrid, instead of Juvemerdus ?!!! :mad:

Burdisso has got to be really good or else we're screwed.

Mikkel
29 Aug 04, 19:37
That must be the dumbest deal for agees. Not that it's a surprice we have done that, When we have the dumbest Club owner in the world. And a president that is just as big a fools as Moronatti himself. :mad:

Frisko
29 Aug 04, 19:37
If we had wanted to let go of the wages, then Vieri should have been sold and not a player that was supposed to be an important part of our starting eleven.

That's SO TRUE!!

I mean, we let go of a central defender that is Italyīs captain and one of the biggest profiles in football, for a keeper who has never been a first keeper in Serie A and has received critizism for his play in the Belgian league.

Oh gosh has he really? Gee this is getting worse and worse...

If this deal go through, I suggest that we ALL use Inter.it's mail option to send in what we feel about this. Even if the mail wonīt go to Moratti/Facchetti.

Where is that option? I'd love to email them...