PDA

View Full Version : Francesco Coco

Pages : [1] 2

chasedan
06 Mar 04, 15:43
Does anyone know when Francesco will be available? He has been out for most of the year and was wondering how close he is to returning? :arrow: :?:

Ziyad
06 Mar 04, 19:53
I cant wait either to see him there on the pitch healthy once and for all but i doubt it will happen any time soon...He is really what we need on the left minus the injuries.

SB9Dragon
07 Mar 04, 20:52
Hopefully he can finally leave his injuries behind after he had decided to have the surgery... because IMO he is the answer to our LWB woes...

Buying another LWB isn't the answer

Hammoudi
08 Mar 04, 20:55
Branca said today in inter.it that Coco will be out for a longer period (more than 2-3 weeks for sure.) If i were Coco, i'd hire a personal trainer or a nutritionist or whatever. It's really getting weirder and weirder with him.

SB9Dragon
08 Mar 04, 22:56
He's still healing from a big surgery and I guess that is what we should have expected... IMO we should give him time to fully heal, don't rush things...

Puma
09 Mar 04, 01:17
It is more than likely that when he returns, he will only get injured again. Coco should no longer be counted on. He has not been able to play three or four consecutive matches since arriving at Inter.

It would be nice to see him come back and possibly get picked for the national team but even when he does come back, do not expect too much. He has been out for a very long time.

To make the left back position secure, Inter should revert to a 4-4-2 formation with Pasquale playing at left back. His performances under Cuper were a great deal more convincing than under Zaccheroni. It should also be noted that Gentile still has confidence in Pasquale and that he is still featuring in the Under-21 team.

Handoyo
09 Mar 04, 05:46
Since this season is more or less gone, Coco should be saved for next season and only unleashed then. ;)

Gismo
09 Mar 04, 10:07
Since this season is more or less gone, Coco should be saved for next season and only unleashed then. ;)
Right on!!

Inter_Johnny
12 Apr 04, 17:54
Coco? yes i have wondered what he has been doing this season

BFC82
12 Apr 04, 20:42
Coco? yes i have wondered what he has been doing this season

Im sure he recuperating, rehabilitating and just trying to stay fit so hopefully for the 1st time since we got him he can relatively injury free next season. Wonder if Inter has any plans on selling him?

SB9Dragon
12 Apr 04, 21:27
True, where is Coco? I haven't seen or heard anything about him for a while.... and also wheres Fadiga?? Hmmm.....

Hammoudi
12 Apr 04, 22:53
Actually, i haven't heared about eithr Fadiga nor Peralta for a long time. The last i heared of Fadiga was that we almost loaned him to Southampton but then we didn't.

As for Coco, he should be in the final phase of rehab by now. I expect him to get some action in late April/ early May toward the end of our season. I am so eager to see how he fares as a LWB.

Handoyo
13 Apr 04, 09:28
I certainly won't play Coco this season if I'm Zac. What good does it do to him or the team if he plays the final 4/5 games of the season??? Coco won't be at his best and at this crucial stage of the season, we need every player to be at his peak. And if he got himself injured again, it'll be downright silly. Just for your information, I think Coco's last game for us was against Chievo on last October/November when we won 2-0 away.

Hand;)yo

SB9Dragon
13 Apr 04, 22:43
True Hamed, what did happen to Peralta? I thought he was already considered an Inter player but I haven't heard of him since the January break....

Noodles
16 Apr 04, 17:19
I really miss that Coco who shone at Barca 2002. Heīs performance was awesome, at least occasionally.

Cocoīs whole career has been incredible dup, whitch really is sad, becauce weīre talking about a magnificent player here.

Ziyad
16 Apr 04, 20:04
I agree if Coco is healthy he brings alot to Inter...I love this guy despite his injuries he over runs in every game and gets into the games clashes as if he never experienced an injury.

BFC82
16 Apr 04, 22:58
On Inter.it he happened to mention hes going into an extensive rehab so he can make it at the end of the season...I would like to see him in maybe a couple games before its over. Show us what we have all been missing....a fully recovered and injury free Coco next season is just 1 step in coming closer to the scudetto.

Ziyad
17 Apr 04, 00:46
Even if he comes back fully recovered next year i wouldnt put the pressure on him and play him every game...I would rather not loose him again instead of playing him for one month only.

Noodles
17 Apr 04, 17:54
On Inter.it he happened to mention hes going into an extensive rehab so he can make it at the end of the season...I would like to see him in maybe a couple games before its over. Show us what we have all been missing....a fully recovered and injury free Coco next season is just 1 step in coming closer to the scudetto.

Yeah, heīs been separated from the team and gets his "two weeks of intensive training" with prof. Bisciotti. Coco sounds very enthusiastic about this, when interviewed at inter.it and believes heīll be fit at the end of this season.

But like Handoyo wrote, it really needs to be considered carefully if itīs any wise to field Coco anymore this season. We have quite important battles coming and one thing we donīt need on the field is a not-so-hard-working-injury-addict, whoīs just back from rehabilitation

But donīt get me wrong.. I really admire him as a player, but things are now how they are and thereīs not much even Coco can do about it..

SB9Dragon
17 Apr 04, 20:38
Hopefully Coco can finally leave his injury woes behind and free us from our LWB curse...

Granit
05 May 04, 12:47
I think he can play our last game against Empoli...

Granit
05 May 04, 12:47
I think he can play our last game against Empoli...

Ziyad
05 May 04, 14:30
Well he has been playing in the practice matches which is great he even scored today :star:

I wouldnt mind seeing him even against Parma he is the type of player which gives alot and inserting him on the left will be a big upgrade and the effect will be felt instantly.Although i would rather he take his time all this therapy program shouldnt be risked for one or two games.

Sisenando
05 May 04, 15:36
We desperately need Coco now. Therapy or no therapy, we gotta have his determination and hard work back in this squad.Maybe after the parma game, he can attend therapy till next season, i wont care then :) :)

SB9Dragon
05 May 04, 23:27
Maybe we will be forced to play Coco since Kily is injured, Pasquale is injured, and I think Brechet is also out. Unless Zac intends to play J.Zanetti on the left and play Helveg on the right. If so I would rather see Okan on instead of Helveg :star:

Marco The Butcher
06 May 04, 08:18
Actually i dont think Coco is the player who will make the difference in these 2 games.
Its ok to put him instead of cordoba, cuz cordoba played a lot this season. But i dont think he will be that influential in the coming 2 games, guys the problem for us is not a left/wing back, we need to create chances. Stanko and Recoba excel in that, when they disappear, then no matter how many coco's u put nothing will happen.. oh and i forgot VDM whom creates lots of stuff, but we should forget him by now.

I feel sorry really, we left morfeo for lamouchi, someone we didnt need. I dont care if morfeo didnt produce a thing last year, but im sure he could have done something to create a chance for us.

Pravesh
06 May 04, 09:10
It's Coco, not Cocu (Barcelona's)

Anyway, Coco won't make that much of difference.

:)

Sisenando
06 May 04, 23:42

Ok, so he won't score but his hard work is what is required here vs Parma.If Marchionni(Is he injured) plays, Coco has the capacity to deal with him.And coco, is quality. That explains why he's been to spanish football and never struggled.A vesratile player, Coco is an asset to the club ;)

Pravesh
07 May 04, 02:45

Ok, so he won't score but his hard work is what is required here vs Parma.If Marchionni(Is he injured) plays, Coco has the capacity to deal with him.And coco, is quality. That explains why he's been to spanish football and never struggled.A vesratile player, Coco is an asset to the club ;)

That's true .....
But sadly, he is coming after a long term injury, which worries me the most ..... And that Marchionni dude is really good, and it might not be easy for Coco ...... But, who knows

Kily is in doubt for this game, I really hope Coco is fit enough to start (or atleast against Empoli); otherwise I see this :

Helveg/Okan-------------------------J.Zanetti

God help Inter !!

bobati
14 Jul 04, 13:41
Good remarking from Coco. I wish more footballers would think like this. From Inter.it:
Is it true you have accepted a reduction in wages to meet the club halfway?
"There's a project, we're working. So far I have had big problems with my physical condition and I haven't given what the club was expecting. I have a debt with Inter, who have been very close to me. I don't know in what way, but I know I will give everything for Inter."

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?L=en&N=14667

Marco The Butcher
14 Jul 04, 13:59
Very nice of him.

Bobati, why do u have Del Piero as ur avatar.??

i dont know whats up now, first someone with Helveg and now ur with Del Piero.

No offence, just curiousity.

InteristaMensur
14 Jul 04, 19:54
fair enought

SB9Dragon
14 Jul 04, 21:12
Maybe if Ronaldo did the same thing the club would have more cash nowadayz :rolleyes:

Nice gesture by Coco :star:

Handoyo
15 Jul 04, 15:27
Well; Ronaldo, Vieri and Recoba; the top 3 most-paid players in our club; all took a pay-cut in the summer of 2002. It was Vieri's suggestion. :proud: I forget about the pay-cut amount though. It was a nice gesture by Chino and Bobo but we all know what happen months after Ronaldo cut his wage. :rolleyes:

Hand;)yo

M.M#23
15 Jul 04, 16:53
Coco is a player who loves Inter (I think) so good way of showing his respect to the club. He said himself he owes a lot to Inter, but I would like him to pay-back to Inter by playing superb matches and help us winning the scudetto.

J zanetti
15 Jul 04, 19:47
It is the least thing he cuould do for the club.
I dont think too many people will sleep well at night
knowing that they dont deserve the money that they
are getting.

However his gesture should still be appreciated! :)

Gismo
15 Jul 04, 20:45
I like this attitude from Coco. :thumbsup:

Shaun
16 Jul 04, 02:05
http://media.goal.com/200407/1568_news.jpg?ver=1
Coco-Arcuri: The Never Ending Story
7/5/2004 11:55:00 AM
Francesco Coco and Manuela Arcuri practically are the Italian version of the Beckhams but it looks like the couple has gone through a rough patch recently and the beautiful model is spending time on her own in Ibiza while the player tries to get his fitness back after a season full of injuries.
Close friends insist on saying that they are only spending sometime a part but Manuela Arcuri was seen in Rome having dinner with a successful businessman till two a clock at night. Maybe it was just a work dinner but the Inter defender certainly won’t be happy when he hears about it.

Poor Francesco!

cool_cuchu
16 Jul 04, 02:14
Yeah, it's fair for the club and necessary move to gain club's faith...

he's been at inter for more than three seasons..., and he doesn't play that much... He's basically our best LB... I wish him great greasons at Inter...

cool_cuchu
16 Jul 04, 02:22
if a hot beautiful babe is sitting on your body like that...
I don't think coco is miserable....

most of us are more miserable than he is :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Fabio
16 Jul 04, 17:10
Coco easily have enough talent to be the no.1 down the left for Inter and Italy but these injuries are seriously hampering his career.Lets hope that this season he keeps fit and performs to his best! :proud:

Great too about the wage cut!;)

Fabio
16 Jul 04, 17:21
Coco easily have enough talent to be the no.1 down the left for Inter and Italy but these injuries are seriously hampering his career.Lets hope that this season he keeps fit and performs to his best! :proud:

Fabio
16 Jul 04, 17:22
Oh and what a stunning lady! :eek:

Handoyo
16 Jul 04, 17:28
Since there's already a Coco thread, which was created earlier, I'll close this thread. ;)

Hand;)yo

Jimmy
18 Aug 04, 12:29
When Coco was exluded from the CL squad, the rumours started immediately. There was no future for Coco at Inter. Heīs going to leave, and so forth.

No rumours of any significance has come up and we can until today see Coco still with the first team training activelly. So why wasnīt he called up? Well, my theory which I am pretty sure is very correct, is that he isnīt fit to play a real game, yet. We must point out that the CL squad that was handed to UEFA was strictly only for the two games against Basel. Then if we qualify we will hand in a new list.

What I am rather furious about regarding Coco, is that I donīt think Mancini is doing everything in order to get Coco back with the team as soon as possible. Perhaps he is doing everything when it comes to come back to match-fitness, but surely not on a tactical level. I completely fail to see the point with using Coco as a right back each time he plays. Heīs not ever going to play a real competitive game as a right back, so why use him?

Well, there are theories for that as well, of course. The main part is that we are adapting Favalli as a starter for the games against Basel. Everything we do right now, is to make sure to have a starting lineup against Basel and reserves. Since Coco is not fit to even be a reserve, we also donīt want to sacrifice Pasquale, yet. So we keep using Pasquale and Favalli as our left backs, while Coco in order to gain fitness has to be played somewhere else. Being right footed, he plays as a right back.

I can understand why Mancini is doing this, but I donīt agree with it. It will take longer time for Coco to become a starting player if he wonīt get to play his real position during the trainings and friendlies. And this is a player whom at least I see as our best left back in the squad. No disrespect to Favalli, but a fit Coco is of major use for us. He gives us a whole different look in the team with his agressiveness, pacy runs and tactical movements. He just canīcross, but neither can Favalli.

I still trust that Mancini is smart enough that when the season starts and Coco is back to match-fitness that he will give Coco the chance to shine, and if he shines, heīll keep him in the starting lineup. Heīs simply a better player than Favalli.

Gismo
18 Aug 04, 12:33
I agree completely. It was spot on. ;)

Pravesh
18 Aug 04, 14:35
There cud be a different reason for that as well. ;)

May be the Inter doctors have confirmed that Coco wudn't be fit for the 2 champs league qualifer games. We all know how important is it for us to qualify for the champs league, thus, Mancini might have decided to only try Favalli and Pasquale, as it will only be these two players who will be available for the LB position for the 2 matches. Whereas for Coco getting chance in LB position, that can be done once our champs league qualifer is over. Well, that's just what I guessed.

;)

SB9Dragon
18 Aug 04, 15:08
I just don't believe the reason why he wasn't called up is down to him not being match fit. He was cleared by doctors to be able to play more than a month ago. He also participated in multiple practices and also in a couple preseason tournaments.

Also why would Cannavaro and Vieri, who up to now have been injured, be called up instead and not Coco who has practiced and played in some friendlies? That doesn't add up. Thats why I still think he could be sold or traded for someone.

Mancini not calling him up due to him not being "match fit" just doesn't seem legit.

Jimmy
18 Aug 04, 15:10
Itīs very different to play friendly games and trainings then playing a real competitive match. Coco hasnīt played a competitive match for almost a year, which is why he isnīt match-fit for the two most important games of our season.

Vieri and Cristiano is on the other hand match-fit if they are fit. They lakc match-practice, but they are match-fit.

I think sometimes we are looking for problems when there really arenīt any.

Gismo
18 Aug 04, 16:21
I think sometimes we are looking for problems when there really arenīt any.
Very true. ;) I am 99% sure Coco will stay at least until January! :stuckup:

M.M#23
18 Aug 04, 16:28
Well we all know how can Coco play when he is fit, so i think we should stick with him. As for using him as a right-back, i think it is completely useless. So Coco should stay a left-back.

Jake
18 Aug 04, 19:15
What concerns me is that somehow I've started to think that Mancini considers Coco only to be a backup at his best. Maybe Mancio is going to use him in the both flanks as a backup, I just don't understand what's the use, when Il Capitano most likely plays every match and if he doesn't then there's Ze Maria.

Coco is definitely a starter left-back at his best, I rate Favalli high, but he's not as good as Coco. Besides Favalli is much older so we should also think about the continuity factor and try keep Coco as our left back for many seasons forwards. Now if we only trust in Favalli, it's likely we'll sell Coco. After that Favalli is even older and we soon need a fres pair of legs to our left flank. For some reason (maybe because of poor performances) I still don't trust enough in Pasquale.

Mixi
18 Aug 04, 19:34
Obviously you guys haven't seen enough of Favalli or you have a problem with him. I don't know. Whatever.

All I know is that Favalli was bought to be the starter this year.

Until I see a Coco in top form, Favalli's a planet a head of him.

For those of you who doubt Favalli's abilities, you'll be up for a surprise this year.

Jimmy
18 Aug 04, 20:19
Letīs just say like this; when Coco was fully fit he was the starter on the left flank in the Italian national team.

Perhaps itīs you who hasnīt seen enough of Coco or have a problem with him. :p

MoH
18 Aug 04, 20:54
Interesting theories, but he could have added Coco to the list and introduced him as a substitute to gain his fitness back? Maybe it’s too risky? Or it could be down to the poor performance he had against Palermo? Nonetheless, it’s nothing to worry about :)

So...Favalli or Coco? Well it's easy, as far as I am concerned!

Coco > Favalli when it comes to potential and the future

Favalli > Coco when it comes to Pre-season form

I guess what it comes down to is that I am quite happy to see Favalli as our left back for the upcoming games, but I would surely feel disapointed if Coco doesn't force his way into the first team plans this season. Either way I wouldn't be as devistated as say if Mancini felt the same way about Pasquale as Jake does...

For some reason (maybe because of poor performances) I still don't trust enough in Pasquale.

*Hits Jake on the head with his Pasquale doll* :D

Frisko
18 Aug 04, 21:40
I think that if there are doubts about Coco's fitness, it's better to be safe than sorry. We can use Favalli and Pasquale, even Favalli and Cordoba if Pasquale is going on loan somewhere, until Coco is 100%.

Let's face it, if Coco gets injured again his career is seriously compromised. So I think it's good that they've been very cautious with him.

I hope he stays, cause he's a great player and he's very committed to Inter.

Pravesh
18 Aug 04, 23:38
Coco > Favalli when it comes to potential and the future

Favalli > Coco when it comes to Pre-season form

That cud be the main reason.;)

cool_cuchu
19 Aug 04, 03:07
well coco and favalli has to compete for the position...

relying on coco on that position is not very wise, simply because he has just been injured for too long... and he has never been a regular starter due to injuries..

so, coco has many qualities over favalli but just like recoba... this guy this need to prove his worth this season..

he needs inter more than inter needs him now...

snake
19 Aug 04, 04:05
I just don't believe the reason why he wasn't called up is down to him not being match fit. He was cleared by doctors to be able to play more than a month ago. He also participated in multiple practices and also in a couple preseason tournaments.

Also why would Cannavaro and Vieri, who up to now have been injured, be called up instead and not Coco who has practiced and played in some friendlies? That doesn't add up. Thats why I still think he could be sold or traded for someone.

Mancini not calling him up due to him not being "match fit" just doesn't seem legit.

I hope what you guys are saying is true, that he didnt get called up because of 'fitness'. But i admit BDragon has a relevant point.

Martins, Canno, Vieri, Cristiano Zanetti. Were all injured, and its known Martins wont play with us for these 2 qualifiers but he wsa still called up. And just as a last-last resort backup wouldnt you of added Coco to the list just incase things happen to favalli, pasquale with these practise matches were playing. Well lets hope he just isnt ready yet :scared: but even that sounds bad, we hve waited a long time to see him return...

Mixi
19 Aug 04, 11:29
Exactly, Jimmy, when Coco was FULLY FIT he played for Italy.

Read my post, "Until I see a Coco in top form, Favalli's a planet a head of him".

Perhaps I exaggerated a bit, but I meant that Favalli's a better player than Coco at the moment, and if Coco manages to get back to top form, we could start talking.

I still believe that Mancini prefers Favalli over Coco any day.

SB9Dragon
20 Aug 04, 04:37

I hope what you guys are saying is true, that he didnt get called up because of 'fitness'. But i admit BDragon has a relevant point.

Martins, Canno, Vieri, Cristiano Zanetti. Were all injured, and its known Martins wont play with us for these 2 qualifiers but he wsa still called up. And just as a last-last resort backup wouldnt you of added Coco to the list just incase things happen to favalli, pasquale with these practise matches were playing. Well lets hope he just isnt ready yet :scared: but even that sounds bad, we hve waited a long time to see him return...

True Helal, I forgot to mention Martins who probably has no chance of making it for either games but he was still added to the list. Don't tell me that Martins is more match fit then Coco is ;)

Giorgio
20 Aug 04, 09:22
Favalli was great against Basel and could be a regular starter this season. But the argument is simple, Coco would be in the Italian NT if he could actually stay fit for a long period of time. Coco is potentially better, but Favalli is more reliable for us at the moment. I think we should bring Coco back into the first team slowly.

Frisko
20 Aug 04, 13:26
I think we should bring Coco back into the first team slowly.

I completely agree with that.

Pani
20 Aug 04, 21:00
I like Coco,but he is always injured.

So,IMO we should sell him!

Miki
20 Aug 04, 21:40
If Coco is match fit, and isn't starting on the left back at all, or even being played in that position, then it seems to me that Mancini really doesn't rate him for the left back spot at all. Coco being played in a position that he isn't very accustomed to isn't going to help him naturalize into the team - specifically given his ridiculous injury plagued time at Inter. In order for Coco to find his feet again, Mancini should give the man more confidence by deploying him in familiar ground.

It looks highly likely that Mancini isn't going to consider Coco as a starting choice defender at all. However you look at it, Coco offers a lot to the team; however, Mancini has probably already decided on his starting defenders. Filling Coco into the equation means that he just has to settle for a reserve spot.

Ciao,
Tim

Gismo
20 Aug 04, 21:48
True. Coco is IMO a good LB an when he regains his match form I hope Mancini will use him regularly. Favalli is good too and letīs pray Mancini holds his word and play the most in form players throughout the season.

Ziyad
21 Aug 04, 00:54
I think Coco can certainly put himself back in the starting lineup his quality is undeniable,lets just see him come back slowly and for good this time and he will be ok.

snake
16 Oct 04, 03:11
Can someone now explain Coco's situation with me?

How is he going to play with the primavera? is their no age limit? :confused:

Pravesh
16 Oct 04, 04:56
Can someone now explain Coco's situation with me?

How is he going to play with the primavera? is their no age limit? :confused:

Even C.Zanetti played with the primavera squad last season, if I am not wrong. May be one player (over aged) can play with the squad ?

May be Jimmy can clear you on this one. :)

scutzon
16 Oct 04, 05:19
I think there's a certain number of over-aged players are allwed to play in the Primavera matches. If I'm not wrong, I think it's 2,

snake
17 Oct 04, 02:30
Yep your right, he played 90 good minutes according to inter.it :D im happy but i wonder down the left or righ? anyway forza Coco!!

Ziyad
17 Oct 04, 10:15
I dont think we need him down the right anymore its down the left where he is badly needed and i hope to see him there soon..

Frisko
17 Oct 04, 13:43
I dont think we need him down the right anymore its down the left where he is badly needed and i hope to see him there soon..

Damn right!

SB9Dragon
17 Oct 04, 16:13
Definately. I think that against Valencia Pasquale should be given a shot. If Pasquale fails then put JZ on the left and keep Ze Maria on the right.

Ziyad
17 Oct 04, 16:50
Away from home against Valencia we need to be extremely cautious defensively...This will be a clash of Titans and i hope to see as much experienced players as possible in this one...I wouldnt opt for Pasquale in this one,Favalli (who looked ok today) and JZ are better alternatives IMHO.

didi
12 Mar 05, 20:27
Why on earth do we keep this sh***T Called Coco....

How come we swapped Sedrof with this ... we deserve what ever happens

SB9Dragon
12 Mar 05, 20:38
Not an admirer I see. BTW wouldn't it be f***in Coco ;)

brehme1989
12 Mar 05, 20:40
This topic shouldn't be here.... :D

Serb
12 Mar 05, 21:04

And shouldn't it be sh*t not sh***t? :D

Jony
12 Mar 05, 21:06

And shouldn't it be sh*t not sh***t? :D

And shouldn't it be Seedorf? :cry2:

Fabio
12 Mar 05, 22:06
This topic's a farce, a believe it should be deleted...

Fabio ;)

Hammoudi
12 Mar 05, 22:25
Can a moderator delete this. Didi if you are upset about him in the game, go to that thread and say it.

What did he do? Do you think he got injured on purpose? He will play a year for free because he appreciates what we did with him.

GOD, People with this character can't handle being inter fans. If you have a bad temper and act on it, then don't support inter or don't come to this forum.

snake
13 Mar 05, 01:01
thats a bit tough, but still i prefer seedorf over coco anyday lol.

Pulsar36
13 Mar 05, 02:49
LOL

Yo bro take a pepsid or something

Its his 2nd real game in a long time, give him a break

scutzon
13 Mar 05, 05:05
Guys, give him (didi) a break. It's only his first few posts, and he can't even spell, for goodness sake.

Sarcasm aside, as Pulsar have mentioned, it's only been Coco's second game in a very long time. So, it's reasonable if he doesn't play to his best.

Ziyad
13 Mar 05, 16:19
I was glad Coco got a chance...Yes he was far from Coco's own past shadow but he was out there trying his best and at this point(Thanx Pulsar for stating the obvious to some here) thats more than enough.

He will definately get better with playing time ....

Jimmy
03 Apr 05, 12:18
Something is up with Coco now. Inter.it made some sort of clarification that Coco had trained yesterday, without saying why they needed to say that.

So most likely, Coco has reacted very strongly on not being called up and the disharmony in this squad is getting even bigger. :(

Frisko
03 Apr 05, 12:27
Something is up with Coco now. Inter.it made some sort of clarification that Coco had trained yesterday, without saying why they needed to say that.

So most likely, Coco has reacted very strongly on not being called up and the disharmony in this squad is getting even bigger. :(

I don't think this is affecting the players at all. Even the Emre stunt.

The players are very concentrated and focused on the derby now. Moaning about not being used is normal in big sides. Just look at Cassano, Del Piero and so on.

Coco in particular is not going to make any kind of impact on other players, they must think it's funny to have a guy training with them for years and never managing to get fit.

Mancini can handle this $hit easily. And Branca is very good at putting the record straight with players and punish them if there's the need to. No worries.

scutzon
03 Apr 05, 14:18
I think it was because in the previous news, which mentioned that the players who were not called up for the match against Bologna, Coco was not mentioned.

Link: APPIANO: RUNNING FOR VIERI (http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=18290&L=en&IDINI=18308)

Frisko
03 Apr 05, 16:41
I think it was because in the previous news, which mentioned that the players who were not called up for the match against Bologna, Coco was not mentioned.

Link: APPIANO: RUNNING FOR VIERI (http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=18290&L=en&IDINI=18308)

That's it! The news had kind of an apologetic tone, that's the reason, the site forgot to mention Coco's name.

snake
04 Apr 05, 02:17
lol i dont think so, who knows tho. Id rather Ze Maria at lb anyway,

Frisko
04 Apr 05, 16:51
lol i dont think so, who knows tho. Id rather Ze Maria at lb anyway,

I can assure you it is, it's clear once you read the 2 articles, from the tone of the 2nd article.

SB9Dragon
04 Apr 05, 22:53
I can't believe that Coco isn't regularly playing for us or atleast being called up for that matter but now he's in some thing with the club, seemingly with other players, etc, etc. It's a really a shame. But to be honest I don't mind it a bit. I'd be more then happy to see Coco leave in the summer. We need a LB who can actually cross the ball with HIS LEFT FOOT.

catanha
16 Jun 05, 09:28
Am I the only one who is a little sad when looking at the celebration pictures, and Coco is in the background, smiling?
That upsets me, how the mighty have fallen. Honestly, with a good pre-season, I think Coco still has a bit to offer.

NeRanZurri
16 Jun 05, 10:39
I Love this player, i think he will come back to himself soon..

Frisko
16 Jun 05, 20:33
I Love this player, i think he will come back to himself soon..

What's to love? And is he still a player? ;)

Choppin Onions
16 Jun 05, 21:06
Coco is a shell of his former self as injuries have ravaged him the last couple years. Hard to say if he'll be back at Inter next season.

Ziyad
17 Jun 05, 12:13
It would be fantastic if he could make a dramatic comeback... :star:

This guy is really solid when playing his game and I dont think something like that goes away unless mentaly u cant handle coming back because it takes so much time and effort with results taking their time too...

I hope that the win inspires him that our next trophy he should have more of a hand in

SB9Dragon
17 Jun 05, 19:52
I've lost hope on Coco. Sell him.

Jimmy
24 Jun 05, 12:46
Basically what we all had expected, has now happened. It was invetiable. Coco told Sky that he didn't understand why Mancini isolated him and never used him.

You're not the only one who doesn't understand.

Ziyad
24 Jun 05, 16:05
I hope next season is better for Coco and we see him more despite that interview which i didnt read yet. Hopefully Mancini wanted him to recover completley,and its not a scenario like the others...I would hate it that we lose on him too.

Hammoudi
24 Jun 05, 22:05
As much as I like him and was puzzled as why Mancini didn't use him, I think it's better if he leaves.

Let's be honest, as good as he is, he can't make a good cross. We need overlapping LB's who can cross, we started using crosses and we started winning games. We totally neglected a great dimension of soccer because none of our backs and wingers could cross until ZM and Kily came.

No more half-ass solutions please. I need a great LB like Dede and Cole, and Favalli is a great sub.

Wallace
25 Jun 05, 06:03
Coco always played well before he got injured..running down the flanks helping in attacks..let's hope he can do well next season

Mikkel
25 Jun 05, 09:00
it dosn't matter how he played before his injury problems he will never return back to that form. And the chance that he'll get injury again is just too big and if anyone would want to give money for him then we should defently sell him if not then we have to cancell his contract, cause that would be better then giving him money for doing nothing.

Stefan
25 Jun 05, 18:40
He is being linked to parma.

SB9Dragon
25 Jun 05, 22:13
(Like I said b4) I don't care where he's linked to, it's time to ship him out. I'm convinced that Coco will never be the best man for the job. The optimum LBs are LEFT FOOTED. Perhaps me being a leftie makes me bias, but I know one thing is for sure, there are better options out there then Coco, ones that aren't injured all the time.

Aussie Inter
26 Jun 05, 00:54
I agree fully we need to ship Coco out all he has been is injured while he has been here and if we are to challenge for the title we need backup players that will be able to play...

catanha
26 Jun 05, 07:45
I've seen some players with potential come and ago over the years, but this will be up there with the Lentini's and Schillaci's, IMHO.
Bigger than Emre, this guy was not called the next Maldini for no reason. Can't imagine him not playing for a big club, things change and that scares me.

primo-inter
26 Jun 05, 08:10
I've seen some players with potential come and ago over the years, but this will be up there with the Lentini's and Schillaci's, IMHO.
Bigger than Emre, this guy was not called the next Maldini for no reason. Can't imagine him not playing for a big club, things change and that scares me.

I agree, he wasn't a regular at the world cup for Italy without being very good. But how does a player with so much potential become so poor? It's very bewildering.

Tommi
26 Jun 05, 09:04
But how does a player with so much potential become so poor?
Few big injuries, no confidence and the coach didnīt want to give him a chance.

Coco told Sky that he didn't understand why Mancini isolated him and never used him.
And didnīt sky also publish that weīve said [to Coco] we dont need him anymore? Iīm sure heīs out in this summer...

Hammoudi
26 Jun 05, 16:53
As good as Coco can be, his crosses are worse than mine, they are h-o-r-r-e-n-d-o-u-s, even with Barca. You can't be called the next Maldini and lack that. Maybe his talents are locked in LB, maybe he should be a midfielder or a CD.

catanha
27 Jun 05, 04:51
His crossing wasn't his major asset.
What he had was the ability to turn players inside out without having to do circus tricks, the ability to win the ball as easily as Baresi, the ability to get forward and just as easily if a counterattack was on get back in defence and hardly look tired and the ability to has amazing passes on the ground.
About his crossing, I seem to remember one absolute magical cross he delivered against Valencia, in the 02/03 CL QTR final first leg, tremendous...how the mighty have fallen.

Stefan
02 Jul 05, 23:39
According to a few sites coco's contract will be cancelled as well.

Frisko
02 Jul 05, 23:49
According to a few sites coco's contract will be cancelled as well.

That'd be a freakin blessing

SB9Dragon
03 Jul 05, 00:16
I sorta feel bad for Coco. He wanted so much to prove the critics wrong and actually show the club why they wanted him years ago. Sucks that he won't get a chance to show his stuff. Not that I want him to stay, mind you. I have my sites set on Dede or that Gilberto LB that played with Brazil at the Confederations Cup.

Interista per Sempre
18 Jul 05, 21:44
Coco ‘agrees’ Everton switch - July 16, 2005

Internazionale defender Francesco Coco will play for Everton next season, after reportedly agreeing a deal.

Stories in Italy suggest that Coco was in Liverpool on Friday where significant steps were taken regarding a switch.

Coco is set to leave the San Siro, either on loan or on a permanent basis, after struggling with form and injury for some period of time.

He was once named ‘The New Paolo Maldini’ but has failed to live up to that billing at Milan, Barcelona and Inter.

Coco doesn’t feature in boss Roberto Mancini’s plans and a summer exit is almost certain at this stage.

Bolton were also keen on the former Italian international, who appeared at the 2002 World Cup, but Everton are in pole position.

The prospect of playing Champions’ League football next term suits Coco and a deal could be finalised sometime next week.

------------------------------------------------
http://www.socceritalia.net/applications/NewsManager/inc_newsmanager.asp?ItemID=3084&rcid=34&pcid=5&cid=34

Cro Nerazzurro
19 Jul 05, 01:56
we should loan him so next year we can buy new starting lb with old favalli and coco as sub

having just favallias sub isnt smart,like having just coco on bench isn smart too

but if we keep wome next year,...well, its diferent story

Frisko
03 Aug 05, 10:30
It's only calciomercato.com, but apparently Coco had a go at us. He's reported to have said that it's all Inter's fault if now other clubs don't believe he's fully recovered from injury.

He also blamed Mancini who "has never given me a chance, from day one. He brought Favalli from Lazio, and Favalli had to play, always".

Enricos
03 Aug 05, 10:31
Is this the same man that wanted to play one year without any wages just to show how thankful he was to inter for helping him recover and believing in him?

Handoyo
03 Aug 05, 11:02
I honestly can't blame him. Why Mancini continues to free Coco out of the team will always remain as an enigma to me. You can't say that Coco was not fit or injured or was off-form, since Coco played some games for us last season, but only when Favalli was rested or unavailable. I don't believe that it was sheer coincidence that when everytime Coco was given his chance, Favalli was either tired, injured or suspended. Coco's performances wasn't that bad too.

Hand;)yo

Frisko
03 Aug 05, 11:05
Yeah I agree, I can't blame Coco, I wish I knew why Mancini never considered him.

Jimmy
03 Aug 05, 11:14
Is that you Frisko? :confused:

Frisko
03 Aug 05, 11:17
Lol I know somebody would have said that :D

I truly don't know why Coco didn't get a chance, when even Matrix played as a LB. I do understand the Davids situation, but Coco, I never got it. I'm sure Mancio had his reasons but I cannot think of a possible one.

primo-inter
03 Aug 05, 11:24
I have my sites set on Dede or that Gilberto LB that played with Brazil at the Confederations Cup.

that Gilberto LB? hmm.. he's already played for us before!!

Much like Brazil's current FIRST CHOICE LEFT-BACK (a certain R.Carlos) we let him go..

intermilansg
03 Aug 05, 11:42
It's only calciomercato.com, but apparently Coco had a go at us. He's reported to have said that it's all Inter's fault if now other clubs don't believe he's fully recovered from injury.

He also blamed Mancini who "has never given me a chance, from day one. He brought Favalli from Lazio, and Favalli had to play, always".

Coco criticises Inter
by Nadia Carminati - created on 2 Aug 2005

Italian defender Francesco Coco has hit out at his current club Internazionale after failing to secure a move to Ajax.

The Dutch outfit had been keen on the defender, but opted against handing him a deal after doubts were raised over his fitness.

Coco has been plagued by problems for some time and he says Inter failed to hand him a suitable rehabilitation programme.

"It's Inter's fault that in Europe it is believed that I am not well physically," he told QS. "Inter completely failed in the way they aided my recovery from injury."

Coco claims he is over the back problem which has afflicted him for a couple of seasons and it is being suggested that Olympiakos will step in after Ajax pulled out of the running for the defender.

SkySports

:rolleyes:

Ziyad
03 Aug 05, 13:57
I think playing Matrix as LB when Coco was available is the last straw.That just shows Mancini doesnt trust him whatsoever

07 Aug 05, 11:05
I hope Souness has more confidence in him ... and may be Coco can prove his detractors wrong !

And i hope he does ... even if its not in a Inter shirt

Frisko
08 Aug 05, 11:25
So Coco should be signing for Toons on a year-long deal, after playing a friendly game with them. Fingers crossed...

From Newcastle's official site:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~696152,00.html

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/frisko/FI%20Forums/Cocotoon.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/frisko/FI%20Forums/article.gif

Pod
08 Aug 05, 11:32
Good bye party boy.Somethimes you have to choise between be a profesionall fotballer or just a :jester: .Coco have made the choise :stuckup:

Ziyad
08 Aug 05, 18:57
Good bye party boy.Somethimes you have to choise between be a profesionall fotballer or just a :jester: .Coco have made the choise :stuckup:

R u jealous of his private life or what???

Pod
08 Aug 05, 19:38
No,I just can't stand how man on whom we spend so much money just fucked it like that and don't care about his job completly.

Jimmy
08 Aug 05, 19:43
If Coco hadn't had a social life, you wouldn't even been saying this. You just assume that he partied instead of recovering from his injury, which is just ridiculous.

You have absolutely no facts that his injuries are caused by his social life, or that his recovery was not going really fast due to it. Let's remember that Coco was close of never being able to walk again.

You use prejudices as a way of rating Coco- the person. It's not even related to football.

Frisko
08 Aug 05, 19:50
Once again, private life is one thing, but players have a responsibility to keep a healthy life-style. What good does it do to train 5 hours per day and then get wasted every evening?

Not saying Coco did that, still you can't use the excuse of 'private life' to get away with silly behaviour.

Pod
08 Aug 05, 19:56
Health is connected with social life much.Many coaches know it.Just read some interwiews with Mourinho for example.He bashes players EVEN going sleep late.He woudln't do that if it wasn;'t important.You can smile,but watch on his results.I've sen some examples in my life when some youngsters that could live from football just fucked it by soicial life.Their health and football form were worse and worse.And they just finished like shit.I see this at Coco example.

And Frisko said it just great.What is the sense of traning even 5 hours if after that you go to the bar and drink,and you go sleep at 6 in the morning. The traning was n't even close to 50% of efectivity in that case.the same about rehabilitation procces.

Jimmy
08 Aug 05, 20:01
So show me evidence that Coco was out every night after training and got waisted.

The only thing we know about Coco's private life, is that he has dated some gorgeous women. Now, tell me a football player with the looks of his, that hasn't.

Pod
08 Aug 05, 20:06
I can ask similar ,show me evidence that he didn't do that.
BTW Why everyone write about him ?Almost every player has beautifull women but newspapers write allk the time about Coco.Why ? Maybe just because he is party boy and the others are just footballers.
I mean this:
coco
1)parties
2)football
footballers
1)football
2)parties

Jimmy
08 Aug 05, 20:37
Sigh... whatever

09 Aug 05, 10:37
Too many of us r jealous of Coco's luck with girls ... :rolleyes:

CafeCordoba
09 Aug 05, 16:52

:D

So it's like guilty until proven not guilty? Should go like just the opposite.

Ziyad
09 Aug 05, 17:24

:D

So it's like guilty until proven not guilty? Should go like just the opposite.

What a way to argue !!

Maybe we should dig a pic where he is sitting at the couch at home with a clock behind him saying its 7:30 pm...Ohh and he should be half asleep. :D ;)

How about the pics of him in training...I bet i can find more pics of him training even though he was injured for soo long than you can find pics of him partying.Would that prove anything :confused: Ofcourse Not :wallbang:

primo-inter
10 Aug 05, 14:00
Coco's Newcastle Move Collapses
8/10/2005 3:04:00 PM
Francesco Coco's proposed loan move from Inter Milan to Newcastle United has collapsed.
The left-back has been training with the Magpies and featured in a pre-season friendly, but Graeme Souness' side have been unable to reach an agreement with the player over a season-long loan move.

Adriano@10
12 Aug 05, 23:20
man what the hell so it s true he dont want s to play in england

Wallace
13 Aug 05, 00:37
may be we can use him after seeing wome's :scared: display

Adriano@10
13 Aug 05, 00:40
common wome wasent that bad in the other frindlys he did well u can t say hes bad only coz of one bad match and once again was only a frindly

Wallace
13 Aug 05, 02:50
nah i support wome..more than any LB in inter..i hate favalli being too defensive

F U C K MILAN
13 Aug 05, 14:07
I TOTALY AGREE WITH SASUKE WOME IS THE BEST LB WE HAVE

Pod
14 Aug 05, 13:36
INTER: ADRIANO E FIGO SI ALLENANO AD APPIANO
(AGE) MILANO - Seduta di allenamento mattutina per cinque gioctori dell'Inter al centro sportivo ''Angelo Moratti''. Sotto la guida del professor Claudio Gaudino, Adriano e Luis Figo stanno svolgendo un programma di resistenza specifica su distanze brevi. Lavoro di forza per gli arti inferiori per Julio Cesar. Terapie per Marco Andreolli e Francesco Coco :D
, per il primo anche bicicletta e potenziamento in palestra. (AGE) PIC

Injured again ?

22 Aug 05, 09:00
nah i support wome..more than any LB in inter..i hate favalli being too defensive
well is Solari plays then Favalli is reqd bcoz i dont think Solari backtracks that well ... but then he used to be at Real :rolleyes:
If Stan plays LW i have no prob with Wome as LB

Solari - Favalli

Stan - Wome

Wallace
20 Sep 05, 05:54
This guy did well in his match with Livorno, slowly regain his form back. IF he really does well this season, any one of you think inter should get him back?

BFC82
20 Sep 05, 07:23
This guy did well in his match with Livorno, slowly regain his form back. IF he really does well this season, any one of you think inter should get him back?

I dont see why not, Favalli isnt gettting any younger and this will probably be his last season. I know for a fact that Wome is not good enough to be a starter. If not, I guess we can sell him for a better price after a good season, hopefully.

20 Sep 05, 08:45

AHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally someone speaking my language ;)

I have been saying that all along , but most of us round here have lost faith in him making a comeback :depress:

kova9
20 Sep 05, 10:25
I would also welcome him back,but we all know that Mancio is not really fond of him..

fcinterfan
20 Sep 05, 13:48
Yeah, but who knows. Still, his wage is a turn off.

Opeum
20 Sep 05, 14:41
mm,im impressed with coco.he finally try to show what he is capable of..forza coco!! i want him next season for inter :)

Ziyad
20 Sep 05, 20:06
I HOPE he does more than excellent to attract the attention and make us want him back badly...

Hammoudi
21 Sep 05, 03:52
He made it to the goal.com best 11 of Serie A.

However, he still can't cross. I will only be satisfied with a fullback like JZ, who may have bad crosses, but makes up for it in other departments.

There is always room for improvements, and I hope Coco improves.

Stefan
21 Sep 05, 18:51
He made it to the goal.com best 11 of Serie A.

However, he still can't cross. I will only be satisfied with a fullback like JZ, who may have bad crosses, but makes up for it in other departments.

There is always room for improvements, and I hope Coco improves.

I will be happy with a guy like burdisso as our lb.

22 Sep 05, 07:45
I will be happy with a guy like burdisso as our lb.
how often have u seen him play LB ? Did he play LB for Boca ?

22 Sep 05, 07:50
I would also welcome him back,but we all know that Mancio is not really fond of him..
but we did not cancel his contract or buy a top draw LB this summer ; for me this is an indication that the management wants to give him a last run

primo-inter
22 Sep 05, 11:07
Left-back is Burdisso's least comfortable defensive position. Anyway, this is Coco thread!

Pod
22 Sep 05, 19:28
did he play on wendsday ?

Hammoudi
23 Sep 05, 01:31
No, he didn't. Which is wise, I don't think it's safe to throw him head first like this.

Cro Nerazzurro
23 Sep 05, 01:35
burdisso played lot of times as left back, but no need to play him there, he is central defender, who can play lb if needed, but I hope he won't need to

Stefan
23 Sep 05, 07:40
burdisso played lot of times as left back, but no need to play him there, he is central defender, who can play lb if needed, but I hope he won't need to

I would like this defence in the near future:

JZ Cordoba Samuel Burdisso :)

kova9
23 Sep 05, 08:04
It looks good...I hope Burdisso can do well as LB..

Pod
16 Oct 05, 10:02
He again speks against Mancini.He is finished with us for sure.

Frisko
16 Oct 05, 10:11
How is he doing anyway? Anybody has any info on his performance so far?

Fabio
16 Oct 05, 10:50
How is he doing anyway? Anybody has any info on his performance so far?I saw him play against Roma and he had a decent game, not bad at all!

Fabio :)

primo-inter
16 Oct 05, 11:19
He again speks against Mancini.He is finished with us for sure.

thanks for the link! :star: :blind:

Choppin Onions
17 Oct 05, 05:15
How is he doing anyway? Anybody has any info on his performance so far?

I saw him play against Roma and he had a decent game, not bad at all!

I saw him play against Inter and he got sent off. Pretty bad after all. :D ;)

Jimmy
17 Oct 05, 05:34
But before that incident, how many crosses had you seen from Ze Maria compared to how many crosses Solari and Favalli was given? ;)

Pravesh
17 Oct 05, 06:12
But before that incident, how many crosses had you seen from Ze Maria compared to how many crosses Solari and Favalli was given? ;)

Yeah Jimmy. ;)

I thought that Coco had a good game in the left wing till the red card incident.

;)

interista7
17 Oct 05, 07:23

Yeah Jimmy. ;)

I thought that Coco had a good game in the left wing till the red card incident.

;)

I didn't get the chance to watch the game, could you tell me more about this incident?
Was it a fair red card?

The Count of Anti-Milan
17 Oct 05, 09:15
Coco finally did something useful for Inter yesterday! :D :finger:

cool_cuchu
17 Oct 05, 20:15
Coco finally did something useful for Inter yesterday! :D :finger:yeah, that is so true :lol:

Ziyad
17 Oct 05, 20:43
You know he was solid for Livorno before our game..I wouldnt mind seeing him back at all if he continues to play well.

Hammoudi
18 Oct 05, 01:33
Yeah Ziyad, he certainly wasn't horrible, and I surely prefer him to Wome.

However, I don't know why the fans booed him upon his exit, that's really terrible to see.

18 Oct 05, 05:09
You know he was solid for Livorno before our game..I wouldnt mind seeing him back at all if he continues to play well.
maybe in January ... give them Wome and / or Kily.

Opeum
18 Oct 05, 05:35
i love to see this guy in inter shirt next year :angel: :)

kova9
18 Oct 05, 21:36
yeah me too..I always supported him as our 1st choice lb..

SB9Dragon
18 Oct 05, 23:13
I actually feel sorta bad for Coco for that red, which is weird because he deserved it. Anywayz I still don't want to see him back. Better we simply sell him and move on. Coco just won't work, we need a LB who can cross with his left foot and Coco can't do that. Lefties rule :D , so why not simply get one for the LB spot?

Frisko
19 Oct 05, 17:13
Why want him back, he's useless, Favalli is much more reliable and consistent, screw Coco!

Jake
20 Oct 05, 09:38
Why want him back, he's useless, Favalli is much more reliable and consistent, screw Coco!

What the hell did he ever do you to?

Frisko
20 Oct 05, 18:09

What the hell did he ever do you to?

He's been overrated for his whole career, and we got screwed just like Milan and Barcelona before us by that.

K.I.
21 Oct 05, 03:11
nah frisko,he is actually a good player,he played alot when he was in barca and milan,he was even a regular for the national team,i have no problem having him back to be our starting LB if he performs as good as he is doing now.

primo-inter
21 Oct 05, 07:12
why the hell is a left-back though? He's right-footed. I can't think of any other right-footed left-backs.

Unless I've crazily mistaken him for being right-footed... he sure seems to prefer his right foot though.

interista7
21 Oct 05, 07:21
why the hell is a left-back though? He's right-footed. I can't think of any other right-footed left-backs.

Unless I've crazily mistaken him for being right-footed... he sure seems to prefer his right foot though.

He's right-footed.

Opeum
21 Oct 05, 07:51
huh??!! he's rite foote?! nowonder in WE9 he i ite footed..all this time i tot he was left foote..finally the mystery of coco foot resolve.hehehe :) hope he's back in inter hirt next winter
forza coco!

CafeCordoba
21 Oct 05, 14:58
He's been overrated for his whole career, and we got screwed just like Milan and Barcelona before us by that.

Bullshit. Before his injuries, he was in Italy's NT and even played in WC02. If it just had been, that he had no serious injuries, all would have been different in latest seasons.

Jimmy
21 Oct 05, 16:01
Candela is also right footed, Primo.

But yeah, it makes no sense that Milan (above all) were screwed by Coco's performances. When he was at Milan he was extremely good. He dominated his flank which was all his. Milan used 3-4-3 basically, so he had to cover the entire left flank by himself.

Coco's only problem as a player has been his crosses. They are horrible, but he has compensated that over and over again.

Frisko
21 Oct 05, 17:48
Being a regular with the NT is hardly a guarantee of being good, all sort of crappy players are regulars.

Ziyad
21 Oct 05, 18:21
Yeah but Coco wasnt one of those guys..He was actually good.I remember him in many games where anyone here would be proud of his performance...Very gutsy,despite the injuries.

I agree that if he was healthy this might have turned into a different story.Hope he can recover though to show his worth.Livorno's game against Milan should be interesting

Hammoudi
22 Oct 05, 02:18
In WC02 he was good, but nothing spectacular. Same with Barca, I watched him few times, and he was solid, but not spectacular.

I also notice that this guy goes head-first, never afraid of any challenges, which is a great spirit. I still have a faint hope for him, depends on how Mancini sees him. Despite all the rumors, I never read a soild piece where he criticized Inter or Mancini, so maybe he is in the plans.

It's rather weird to know that he is naturally left-footed, I never knew that. Same with Candela, it's rather interesting.

Jake
22 Oct 05, 16:13
I've always kinda liked him. Just like Hamed said, his attitude is great and that's why I'd like to see him healthy in nerazzurri jersey. Too bad that Mancini has no respect for him whatsoever, so I guess we won't see him again in Appiano.

Frisko, do you think you're more qualified than Trapattoni?

brehme1989
22 Oct 05, 23:20
It's rather weird to know that he is naturally left-footed, I never knew that. Same with Candela, it's rather interesting.

You mean a left-footed guy using his right one moslty? When someone can use both his feets, he mostly uses his weaker one. I'm a rightie, but I control ball with left and kick penalties with left ;) Same happens with many players in the world

26 Oct 05, 09:24
I wud love 2 see Coco return in Jan with Wome going the other direction

snake
26 Oct 05, 09:35
I wud love 2 see Coco return in Jan with Wome going the other direction

wtf? based on what????

Go look at figures, Coco earns Double!!! then what Wome earns. yet Wome has done more for us in a quarter of a season then Coco did in years and years here. Wome sits on the bench, the stands and waits his turn patiently.

dont let player favouritism blind you so much.

Jimmy
26 Oct 05, 10:36
And Coco complained, you mean? He only complained AFTER the season. He was silent as a mouse during the season.

That Wome has done more for Inter during his time than what Coco did makes no sense. Coco was a starter for almost a whole season and contributed to a lot.

snake
26 Oct 05, 11:01
where did i say coco complained? you cant deny the rest of the facts though.

paying 4-5 million a season for a player who was always injured.

26 Oct 05, 11:25
but now Coco is fit and back in form ... so why not have him back. we all know that Favalli does a decent job , nothing-more-nothing-less. Coco when fit will be a better alternative.

and why Wome going ? ... to free up a non-EU place for Obbina ... although come 2 think of it i dont recall if he has got a European passport or not

snake
26 Oct 05, 11:31
yeh he has been in italy since he was 16ish?

something like that.

Jimmy
26 Oct 05, 11:39
Wome sits on the bench, the stands and waits his turn patiently.

I thought this sentence indicated that you meant that Coco did the opposite. My bad then. ;)

And the rest you said weren't facts at all. In fact, I argued against it in the same post.

snake
26 Oct 05, 12:02
I dont know, i dont understand why we need Coco back. Does everybody consider him starter material in a scudetto winning side? Well Wome isnt either, but his a perfect backup since his cheap and he is very, very versetaile. You can call him out of the blue after months of not palying to play 90 minutes and he will do so pretty well, whereas do that to coco he will most likely get injured. Nobody can blame any of our coaches for what happened to Coco, he can only blame himself.

26 Oct 05, 17:36
my reason is that a fit Coco in a good squad wud be better than Favalli

Pod
20 Jan 06, 16:31
he injured his muscless.Bad news for us.If his old reputation of his fitness will come back we will have again no chance to send him(in the summer) to some other club that could take his huge salary pernamently from us.

Stefan
20 Jan 06, 18:51
I rather play burdisso as the lb than either coco or wome.;)

cool_cuchu
20 Jan 06, 22:38
even Mancio agreed to that. from inter.it

Will Burdisso continue in the starting line-up after his good performance against Treviso?
"I don't think there's much difference between Burdisso or Favalli on the left. It's true that Burdisso is more of a central defender than Favalli, who is a natural wide player, but Nicolas can play well in all four defensive positions. Favalli a more natural attacking player, but he's an expert and he's also good at marking when needed."

21 Jan 06, 15:56
Very Bad news. I wish Coco recovers sooooooooooooon.

catanha
21 Jan 06, 23:31
Coco gave one of the best crosses of the ball I have ever seen in my life in a truly important game, that right there is more than what Wome will ever do for Inter.

end of.

snake
12 May 06, 03:33
lol Mike after your comment the other day i couldnt help myself...

lucky bastrd.

http://www.ultragratis.com/calendar/V.I.P/Manuela%20Arcuri/images/Chi%2520n%252025%25202003_ND_Zscan_02.jpg

Opeum
12 May 06, 06:27
nice.....she look horny..or is it me? hehehe...

kova9
13 May 06, 10:19
Holly crap!!! I gotta get my eyes back together!!! :D

hm, hmm... Anyway, how was his season at Livorno??

inter_1908_milano
13 May 06, 10:20
lol Mike after your comment the other day i couldnt help myself...

lucky bastrd.

http://www.ultragratis.com/calendar/V.I.P/Manuela%20Arcuri/images/Chi%2520n%252025%25202003_ND_Zscan_02.jpg

Yeh , she is hot ! No wonder he doesn't want to come back . Lucky Bastardo ! Does Coco have his own Designer Brand called ' Urban 77 ' heard that the other day !

David Suazo
20 Aug 06, 03:16
Coco was a great talent once, its a shame injuries destroyed his career, i also wonder how he did in Livorno...

Michal
02 Sep 06, 20:27
Francesco Coco is back on inter.it squad. What happened??? I hope he stays here, he was always one of my favourite players...:star:

Tanel
02 Sep 06, 20:38
Coco did okay in Livorno I think. Played some time.

I used to like him also, but then he started to whine. I wonder does he train with us at the moment?

He has taken a picture with the shirt, but I smell a fake. It looks a bit weird if you ask me, but it should be moved back to the players anyway.

Handoyo
03 Sep 06, 08:01
:lol:

Coco Pops and Recoba should compete on who can stay on the sidelines longer. :lol:

His shirt number, 77, has been handed to Marco Andreolli by the way. :D

Anyways, thread moved back.

Hand;)yo

Marcello
03 Sep 06, 11:10
What da hell?
Hes back from loan deal? Is he LB or RB , Maxwell,grosso,maicon,Burdisso
no room for coco? Good to see another Italian in the squad!!

stifler13
03 Sep 06, 17:05
LOL!!
COCO................. the BENCHWARMER...................

Hjalmar
03 Sep 06, 17:30
well because of he's an italian i am oke with it ..but seriously coco doesn't make a chance at Inter
We should have sold him last year to ajax when they where interested

Hjalmar
03 Sep 06, 17:31
well because of he's an italian i am oke with it ..but seriously coco doesn't make a chance at Inter
We should have sold him last year to ajax when they where interested

Hussein
04 Sep 06, 07:35
Poor old Francesco.

He used to be one of Italian football brightest stars, and now look at his state!!

I guess he was unlucky with all those injuries down the years. Inter should release him of his contract with he wants to save his career.

If I wan is his place I'll cancel my contract on mutual consent and join a Serie B side like Vicenza (his old club).

Frisko
04 Sep 06, 17:28
Coco has confirmed on Gazzetta that he couldn't find a team, and he will not join the Inter squad. He seems pretty cool about it, basically talking about his injury, how painful it was after he started playing again (he said that after playing for Inter against Ancona he had to stay in bed for 3 days) and how things just didn't work out with Inter.

He concluded that he hopes to find a team in January.

Marcello
05 Sep 06, 10:24
that explains this then maybe?

Carini, Coco, Choutos left off Inter Milan list
tribalfooball.com - September 04, 2006
http://www.tribalfootball.com/images2/spacer.gif
Fabian Carini, Lampros Choutos and Francesco Coco have all been left off of Inter Milan's player list for the Champions League.

None of the trio have been assigned a number for the coming season and effectively are in limbo. Coco said: "I would have happily left. There was interest from Espanyol and Torino - two ideal destinations. Nobody has explained to me why nothing happened."

InterMilan31
09 Nov 06, 04:44
Sydney FC are being linked with Inter Milan fullback Francesco Coco.

After having former Inter striker Benito Carbone on a short-term deal this season, Tuttosport says Sydney representatives have also been in contact with Coco.

The left-sided wing-back, formerly of AC Milan and Barcelona, is off the first team radar at Inter this season and isn't part of coach Roberto Mancini's senior squad.

BFC82
09 Nov 06, 17:29
Coco's situation is just ridiculous. He was barely given a chance by Mancini, at least let him play in the copa matches. He cannot be any more of a risk than Maxwell.

Surprisingly, he has remained quiet over the exclusion. He's just happy to be collecting his checks I suppose.

Jimmy
09 Nov 06, 17:54
Let's remember that Coco said that he would refuse a pay check in his last year with Inter, so I'm not so sure he is actually getting paid this year.

numerodix
09 Nov 06, 17:58
Let's remember that Coco said that he would refuse a pay check in his last year with Inter, so I'm not so sure he is actually getting paid this year.

Isn't that just something you say?

Handoyo
09 Nov 06, 20:15
Isn't that just something you say?
No.

Coco indeed said that in an interview before. I can recall this fact quite clearly and back up Jimmy's claim. I am, however, too busy (lazy) to do a search on that article.

If you ask me, Coco's playing career is almost over. He will not play with Inter again and that means he would have zero competitive actions this season. Combined with the fact that he has been injured for 10 years (or more) over the past 5 years, Coco would be a huge risk to any club.

But ironically, I think Milan, the club where Coco was most successful, would do good with the old Coco. Kaladze is out for weeks (or months?), Maldini's fitness is subject to questions and Favalli is now out for 2 months (Hah! Inter don't win, huh?). Only Jankulovski remains as an established left-back.

Hand;)yo

Pod
09 Nov 06, 20:30
Let's remember that Coco said that he would refuse a pay check in his last year with Inter, so I'm not so sure he is actually getting paid this year.He is contracted until 2009 so at least until 2008 we must pay him 2,5 mln euro for year.

Forza ragazzi
09 Nov 06, 20:53
He is contracted until 2009 so at least until 2008 we must pay him 2,5 mln euro for year.

Yeah, that was his plan, but I don't think he is sticking to it. He'll never be at Inter in 2009.

By the way, I read on the training sum-up of today, and the guy had THERAPY. One question to be asked is, how the hell did he manage that?! Have I missed something? If not, he's truly unbelieveable.

InterMilan31
09 Nov 06, 21:02
Coco is finished he will have to go the Ventola way playing for a lesser club and proving he will be class without injuries. I cant see him going anywhere but a lower Serie A or Serie B club.

BFC82
09 Nov 06, 23:38
Well how was he at Livorno? I think he was in the starting 11 most of the time.

Hussein
14 Nov 06, 07:17
Well how was he at Livorno? I think he was in the starting 11 most of the time.

Yea he used to be a regular at Livorno.

I think Coco's problem is his wage is too high for small Italian Serie A or even Serie B sides, let alone his physical problems that makes it so risky to put on money on him.

Instead, he's staying with us wondering in Appiano Gentile's training ground since we pay him without benefiting from him and who wouldn't done so in his place!!

kova9
14 Nov 06, 07:42
Strange, I haven't seen him on inter.it pictures training with the rest of the squad..

Is he even here?

Hussein
14 Nov 06, 09:14
Strange, I haven't seen him on inter.it pictures training with the rest of the squad..

Is he even here?

He's enjoying his time in the gym :D

Or that's what I always read on inter.it

55fr
25 Nov 06, 00:09
I saw he played with Livorno, last season. He was a keyplayer making many chances for the team with his tricky plays.
Chievo - Livorno, 2.4.2006, He had a bad condition and was expected not to play in. But he forced himself to play, so it was very important match for the team.Then he got a very serious injury.
He said he will comeback at the opening of 2006-2007season. But he couldn't.
Several days ago, 'Gazzetta sport' said he will comeback till the end of this year.
I guess he struggles along the rehabilitation. I hope he can manage it.:)

catanha
25 Nov 06, 00:21
there is only one way for him to revive his career if he doesn't want to play in lower leagues and that's minimum wage or thereabouts, it worked for Tomassi (although circumstances were different).....what a flop Coco has turned out to be, arguably our biggest (not our fault however).

Pod
04 Jan 07, 18:03
I wonder if we will find some club for him in juanuary ?:nervous:

I guess no since noone would be able to pay him that much as is in his contract. I think it's everything up to him . If he would take pay-cut then there would be no problem to find something for him. But looks that he is happy with being out of the squad and earning milions for doing nothing.

Toninu
04 Jan 07, 18:22
According to Gazzetta I was reading today there is interest from a team in him but I forgot who it is I think its Torino....

Pod
05 Jan 07, 11:13
The Inter has put the Coco outside squad

05 01 2007

Francisco the Coco is outside squad to the Inter. The tormented period of the defender continues. The player, in an interview to Tuttosport, talks nonsense to zero on the nerazzurri. "the Inter has decided to hold me outside squad- the Coco has said - I does not have a relationship with Mancini, has not made the photo official, does not have a room to the Pinetina, has not been invited to the festivity of Christmas them. I am recovered from the injury but nobody says it. I want that the Inter protections, if it wants the consensuale canceling the contract to me I'm ready to estimate it, have been taken in turn from this society ".

Suneet
05 Jan 07, 11:13
According to Gazzetta I was reading today there is interest from a team in him but I forgot who it is I think its Torino....

I think its Messina.:)

We should sell him, he's never contributed anyways.

Toninu
05 Jan 07, 11:17
Yeah we should sell him let him go :P Good riddance......

Karim
05 Jan 07, 14:15
I always thought there was something wrong with this pic, but may be I am wrong, why is Mancio ignoring him, I know he was injuried but why this neglect from the club also?
http://www.inter.it/aas/squadra/player1?codgioc=G0736&L=en&stagione=2006/07
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan5g.html#start

I really like the guy, and now with him at last talking, i could start to try and defend him, he deserves a better treatment from the board.

Stefan
05 Jan 07, 14:39
I always thought there was something wrong with this pic, but may be I am wrong, why is Mancio ignoring him, I know he was injuried but why this neglect from the club also?
http://www.inter.it/aas/squadra/player1?codgioc=G0736&L=en&stagione=2006/07
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan5g.html#start

I really like the guy, and now with him at last talking, i could start to try and defend him, he deserves a better treatment from the board.

Because he is too injury prone and Grosso and Maxwell are better players.

Toninu
05 Jan 07, 14:43
Eh that's football mate if you there's someone better than you you're not needed anymore. Real sad for Coco he atleast deserves some respect eh but its better for him to leave anyway.

Adam
05 Jan 07, 15:00
Scherzi a parte!:D

Karim
05 Jan 07, 15:05
He deserves at least a better treatment

Suneet
05 Jan 07, 15:26
We can always play him in the Coppa games, if he plays well, then we have more options in defense?! The more the merrier :)

But I think its something personal between Mancio and him, otherwise Mancini doesnt look the sort of guy to ignore a player. Other than Mariano Gonzalez, I don't think anyone is very angry or very unhappy.

cloudq
05 Jan 07, 15:27
screw coco, lets just loan him to rangers to something