PDA

View Full Version : José "The Special One" Mourinho

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

cloudq
28 May 08, 14:23
this will truly be another golden era in inter's history

f*cking orgasm

Josè Mourinho joins Inter

Monday, 02 June 2008 14:27:54
MILAN - F.C. Internazionale announces the arrival of Josè Mourinho. The Portuguese coach has signed a three-year contract and will work on a new project with the Italian champions with his collaborators Rui Farias, Silvino and Andrei Villas Boas. Vice coach will be Giuseppe Baresi, whose latest position in a career at Inter was director of the youth academy.

Thanking Roberto Mancini and his staff for the successes obtained in four seasons in charge of the first team, all of F.C. Internazionale welcomes Josè Mourinho and his collaborators and wishes them the best of luck in their new jobs.

Mourinho presentation on Tuesday

Monday, 02 June 2008 15:29:32
MILAN - Josè Mourinho is officially the new coach of Inter and he will be unveiled to the media tomorrow in a news conference at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti in Appiano Gentile (Como province).
Journalists, photographers and radio/TV operators can enter the press room at 11:00 ahead of the 11:30 news conference.

Inter appoint Mourinho
Monday 2 June, 2008

Inter have officially appointed Jose Mourinho as their new Coach, a statement on the club’s website confirms.

Since the position of Roberto Mancini became compromised in March, Mourinho’s name has been repeatedly linked with the Nerazzurri bench.

And after President Massimo Moratti officially axed Mancio last week it emerged that he was close to concluding talks with former Chelsea hero Mourinho.

The Portuguese tactician has put pen to paper on a three-year deal worth around £7m per year – a fee that will make him easily the highest paid Coach in Serie A history.

"While thanking Mancini and his staff for the successes obtained in four seasons at the helm, Inter have the great pleasure of welcoming Mourinho and his assistants and wishing them all the best," the statement on Inter's website reads.

Moruinho’s assistant boss will be Beppe Baresi, but he is expected to bring in his own backroom staff.

The new Inter boss will be presented at a Press conference at 10.30 am tomorrow at Appiano Gentile.

Official: Inter Announce Mourinho Arrival
Inter have announced the arrival of Jose Mourinho as new coach following months of speculation.

Mourinho will be in charge at Inter for the next three years the club have confirmed.
A statement on the club's official website reads:
"Jose Mourinho is now officially the new Inter coach.
Mourinho will be assisted by Rui Farias, Silvino and Andrei Villas Boas for his Nerazzurri project.
Mourinho's number two will be Giuseppe Baresi who was a youth team coach.
The new coach will be unveiled on Tuesday morning at 11:30 am at the Appiano Gentile training complex.
The Portuguese coach has signed a three year contract.
We would like to thank Roberto Mancini and all his staff for the success he achieved in four seasons as the coach.
FC Internazionale would like to welcome Jose Mourinho and his staff and we wish them well."
Mourinho will be hoping to bring in a few old faces from Chelsea as he begins his new career at the helm of the Italian champions.
Moratti will be keen on his new coach bringing him the Champions League. Mourinho's wages are not yet known but reports in Italy suggest he will earn around €9m per year.
Salvatore Landolina

Handoyo
28 May 08, 14:29
lol I guess you wanna be the first one to open the thread? Locked for now.

Enricos
02 Jun 08, 12:53
It's official !

tonyloo
02 Jun 08, 12:56
Welcome Mourinho!

Cro Nerazzurro
02 Jun 08, 12:58
Welcome Jose
100% behind him, hope he wont let us down

Luka
02 Jun 08, 12:58
The history is born...

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/107207-500.jpg

“We have top players and, sorry if I’m arrogant, we have a top manager.”

M.Adnan
02 Jun 08, 12:59
Mourinhooooooooo!!

Marcello
02 Jun 08, 13:00
The Special One will make a special Inter!

Forza ragazzi
02 Jun 08, 13:04
Any bets on his first words?

"I'm fantastic" :D

M.Adnan
02 Jun 08, 13:06
Few months earlier, I would consider this a joke or April's fool day.

Maybe someone hacked inter.it and he's trying to make fun of us.

Stefan
02 Jun 08, 13:07
Finally. Welcome Jose Mourinho.:)

Luka
02 Jun 08, 13:08
Any bets on his first words?

Dude... I don't even know where to start...

Anybody knows, if Inter channel will be coded tommorow ? I would kill to see it live through Satelite.

ps. I hope our interisti will do adequate welcome to our new "special One" at airport tonight.

Khalifa
02 Jun 08, 13:16
a special shout out to Stefan for the constant updates and for having the total confidence in his arrival.

A new journey and from the first minute i saw Mourniho, i knew one day we will get him.Its written all over his face.

The_Emperor
02 Jun 08, 13:28
:boogy:

The__legend#7
02 Jun 08, 13:28
Welcome Mourinho :boogy:

Luka
02 Jun 08, 13:36
Translated from inter.it

MILAN - Jose Mourinho - for extended Jose Mario Dos Santos Mourinho Felix - was born on January 26, 1963 in Setubal, Portugal. Since when was called to Barcelona from Bobby Robson, for a role as the second floor, until today has managed to become recognized as one of the best, if not the best coach in the world. Responsible for a career started from the bottom and finished on the podium several times higher than the national and European tournaments. The side almost unpublished Mourinho, a man bold, strong, which has become legend for his character, as well as to the merits sports, lies precisely in that it began phasing in that always want to build a road victory and winning, passing to goals from time to time most challenging only when it was certain to do so. His career is a book rich and fascinating: from the Barcelona youth to Benfica. And then at Leiria, the most recent of Portuguese teams.

The 2002 is the year of the first great leap. It is ready for Porto and immediately wins championships, national cup and UEFA Cup. In the second year, embodies the dream of all coaches, he won both the league and Champions League, to not lose the ability, brings together dashboard also two editions of Super. It is 2004, and is ready to jump next. In England. Chelsea has a new owner, Roman Abramovic, who wants only the best and realized the absolute value of Portuguese. It will be returned with two championships in 2004/2005 and 2005/2006, and a League Cup. Even here adds, in a land that the national cups ago appointments historically significant, two editions of the Carling Cup and a Community Shield of Charity.

The players that connects the field say that Mourinho is probably the best in preparing the game, in all senses. It is not difficult to believe that this view comes directly from the field, by main performers, and a given, not merely statistical: 12 trophies in the last 5 years. All'Inter began the era of Jose Mourinho.

Susanna Wermelinger

Ziyad
02 Jun 08, 13:39
Welcome O Special ONE :)

cloudq
02 Jun 08, 13:42
i wonder what mourinho is going to do with our italians...

materazzi and now balotelli have come out and demanded first team action

Adam
02 Jun 08, 13:42
Welcome special one.:):star:

This is exciting times we're living in. First the Euros and then a Mourinho commanded Inter side.

A little compilation about our new coach. (That feels pretty sick to write.) 3.15-3.22 is the best part.:lol:

sP29nW6e5hY

lonewolf19
02 Jun 08, 13:53
YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally Jose!!!
Welcome to INTER

Alex de Large
02 Jun 08, 13:55
Who is this Mourinho guy? i don't like him at all.

cloudq
02 Jun 08, 14:02
first test

how to respond to matrix and mario

NimAraya
02 Jun 08, 14:02
I'm gonna see how he's gonna deal with the burden of italian football. After awhile he will see that italia is not like his beloved england. It skins you alive. Let's see if he really is as great as he assumes. Time will say many things.Welcome To Hell...Mr. Special!!!

cloudq
02 Jun 08, 14:09
if there ever was a manager who could be as arrogant and hated a figure that could ever stand up to the press in italy

itd be mourinho

Pajo
02 Jun 08, 14:11
Welcome Jose... Not it is time for you to show how special you are...:)

Handoyo
02 Jun 08, 14:12
UOHHH!!!

FUCKING SPEECHLESS!!!

New nickname to celebrate this occasion! :P

nerazzurri4ever
02 Jun 08, 14:12
welcome jose :D

Asperiini1
02 Jun 08, 14:14
OMG Joseeeee is ourss! Welcome "The Special One" !!!

cloudq
02 Jun 08, 14:18
the giant 5 name jose mourinho looked cooler!

Karim
02 Jun 08, 14:29
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=29399&L=en

Great now to my concerns:

I love this guy ad the fact that he has came but here are the points that worry me:
- Crespo: Worried becaue both haven't had the best of relationships back in Chelsea and I really want this guy to stay, but someone will have to go because of the many strikers we have and as such I think we should put Cruz on sale and either loan Balotteli or Suazo, another player I want him to stay and have a chance.

- Suazo: Look at Crespo, the same.

- Adriano: too many strikers, again I want him to stay.

- Italian players: Moratti had assured that there will be more Italian players in the squad and I would love that very much because we need and definitly will need more Italian players, we are an Italian club.

- Primavera: Players such as Bolzoni in our youth system might not have the best chances to appear now as much and because they are great players and with mostly Italians, they will add to the homegrown talent element of our team. Dont wantthem to leave, especially the ones in the level of Bolzoni.

Handoyo
02 Jun 08, 14:30
The season has certainly turned into one to be remembered, even though the 2008 started so badly.

1) We ended up champions of Italy
2) Milan in UEFA Cup
3) Mourinho joins Inter

If someone offers that to me at the beginning of the season, I'd trade my left balls to get this.

tonyloo
02 Jun 08, 14:32
Crespo: Mourinho The Right Man For The Job

Inter striker Hernan Crespo has hailed Jose Mourinho's arrival and he believes that the Portuguese coach is the right man for the job.

The former Chelsea tactician will take the reigns for the next three years and his first task will be obtaining Champions League glory.

Crespo played under Mourinho when they were together at Chelsea and the Argentine hit-man insists that Inter and the new coach are a perfect match.

"When I was at Chelsea I used to think that Inter was the right team for him," Crespo told RomaNews.

"Mourinho does things the right way and he always explains the situation. He has respect for players and people."

Crespo also admits that he is not worried if Mourinho keeps him on the bench, which may seem likely given the Nerazzurri's vast array of striking talent.

"Just because I know him, it doesn't mean that my place in the team is guaranteed," said the forward.

"In a great team there are always great players and for me it's not a problem if I sit on the bench or if I play on the pitch.

Karim
02 Jun 08, 14:34
ok here is a concern written off till later

Stefan
02 Jun 08, 14:45
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=29399&L=en

- Italian players: Moratti had assured that there will be more Italian players in the squad and I would love that very much because we need and definitly will need more Italian players, we are an Italian club.

Were has moratti said this?? I have never ever heard him say this. Some press said last summer that he said we would sign Italians, we didn't. Furthermore Inter is a privately owned club based in Italia we have no obligation to play Italians. We need some boys from the youth system to come through but they don't have to be italian.

The_Emperor
02 Jun 08, 14:46
Damn I'll miss the presentation since I graduate tomorrow. Hope I can download it tho'

Alex de Large
02 Jun 08, 14:46
I'm gonna see how he's gonna deal with the burden of italian football. After awhile he will see that italia is not like his beloved england. It skins you alive. Let's see if he really is as great as he assumes. Time will say many things.Welcome To Hell...Mr. Special!!!

Hes no Wenger, Ferguson or clowns like that.

Handoyo
02 Jun 08, 14:47
- Crespo: Worried becaue both haven't had the best of relationships back in Chelsea and I really want this guy to stay, but someone will have to go because of the many strikers we have and as such I think we should put Cruz on sale and either loan Balotteli or Suazo, another player I want him to stay and have a chance.
Karim Benzema, they did not have any problems at Chelsea. As a matter of fact, Crespo was one of Mourinho's favorite player. Mou always wanted Crespo to stay, whereas Crespo wants to return to Italy for personal reasons.

However, whether Mourinho still likes Crespo now, or whether Mou prefers Cruz, or whether Mourinho has been hurt by the double snubs, remains to be known.

- Suazo: Look at Crespo, the same.
I agree, Suazo was purely Mancini's signing. Maybe he'll be sold off to make room for Eto'o, who knows? But as far as I know, Eto'o and some other Barca players have clashed with Mou in the past during the classic Barca - Chelsea clashes in the past. Also, Suazo is a unique striker in our squad in that no one has a similar style of play as him.

- Adriano: too many strikers, again I want him to stay.
His future will always be in doubt regardless of Mourinho's arrival.

Mou utilized English talent like Terry, A.Cole, Lampard, J.Cole into the teams and also tried Glen Johnson, Shaun Wright Phillips, Steven Sidwell and C.Cole; I believe Mou mentioned in the past that it's important to have local players. So, no problem here.

- Primavera: Players such as Bolzoni in our youth system might not have the best chances to appear now as much and because they are great players and with mostly Italians, they will add to the homegrown talent element of our team. Dont wantthem to leave, especially the ones in the level of Bolzoni.
This, I am not sure of. But it was not better with Mancini. The only one who managed to break through to the first team during Mancini's 4 seasons with us is Mario Balotelli.

Luka
02 Jun 08, 14:47
how to respond to matrix and mario
I can tell you this, that if Adriano would behave like he did with Mancio, he would be in Sau Paulo 3 months earlier.

This is a right time to paste my post from the mid march. I don't want to repeat myself, but I am happy with how many people have changed their mind about Jose, and now there isn't one single person who wouldn't be happy about today.

"I was talking with a Roma fan(italian) when I was flewing 8 hours ago from Bergamo, and he said one thing. Mouhrinho is crazy, not meaning he is mental crazy, but that he is ACTING crazy throught the match, in a good way, acting on the spot, if the team is not listnening to him, or if they are not doing what he told them.

Mouhrinho is ideal for the italian league, he is ideal. Italians are probably the most passionate fans of them all, and at Inter pressure is unbelievable, and you can all see by the roumors why Mancini wanted or still wants to leave.

Now take Mouhrinho, and tell me he will be intamidated, he will be frightned, he will be nervous of anything? He is so arrogant, that nobody will be stepping on his toes, and if they will he will make them know what he thinks about it.

One from the things I, and my friend like the most in this guy is that, he always says what he thinks. He doesn't give a sh1t, what will papers say, what will people say, what will anybody say. He tells what he thinks, and you can choose not to agree with that, but you will be sure that what he will say, that's how it will be. He is not saying one thing, and then doing the other.

As for his arrogance, it's the same that characterize great people, like Jordan, who was considered the most arrogant and selfish players of all time, but that's what made him the way he was. Ibra is also arrogant, you all know that. If you turn it into your advantage, than you can sit tight and enjoy the ride.

Just look at how he silenced the fans, how he didn't even move the finger, how "arrogant" and confident this guy is. I tell you, he is perfect for the italian league. At his first conference he would probably say that Milan, Roma, and Juve can only dream of Inter slipping and ending it's winning streak of scudettos.

Plus, besides that he is a great tactitian, as everybody knows, he is also great motivator for the team, and he is not the type of coach who you can push around. It doesn't matter if your name is Adriano, or Messi, or C. Ronaldo, or Kaka, if you fu** with him, you can be certain he won't let it go.

Just like some says Cuper made a foundation for Mancini to build a dominant side in italian league, I say Mancini build a foundation for another coach, to make Inter not only big in Italy, but finaly big and recognisable in Euorope. Mourinho is that someone, he is world class coach right now, with Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona, all scouting his situation. It's not a coincidence."

Welcome again Jose!!!

http://chelsealondon.ovh.org/tapety/10.jpg

Karim
02 Jun 08, 14:54
Were has moratti said this?? I have never ever heard him say this. Some press said last summer that he said we would sign Italians, we didn't. Furthermore Inter is a privately owned club based in Italia we have no obligation to play Italians. We need some boys from the youth system to come through but they don't have to be italian.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=703550
Moratti also revealed that he would like to see more home grown talent in his Nerazzurri side as they have recently been criticised by the Italian media for having too many foreigners in their squad.

"Next season I think we will have more Italian players in our squad," said the chief.

Karim
02 Jun 08, 14:58
Well, Special Han, Crespo's recent declaration eased my tension again:
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=720289
But a new tension: Ibra, although I think the rumour of Mourinho not wanting Ibra is purely a Corriero shit thing but I am worried, still this could make Ibra stay
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=719110

Karim
02 Jun 08, 15:01
A last thing, Mourinho is very well known for his technical talent and tactics, Italy is the league of tactics and technique, one that is higher than the levels of the French, German and English fields, the Spanish league is perhaps more competitive in thos fields with Italy, but Italy is based on these two aspects and as such Mpurinho in Italy in my theory should be a match

Ilkinio
02 Jun 08, 15:08
Wish our team and Mourinho GL..

Luka
02 Jun 08, 15:14
SuperMario: "I want 4 Mil a year, I'm a star!"

Matrix: "I want to be an indespensable player to this team, or I go!"

What Jose has to say?

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5598/thisismoumw4.gif

:D

Handoyo
02 Jun 08, 15:24
Karim, fuck Corriere dello Sport and read Gazzetta's headline yesterday. :) (Inter tie down Ibra, something like that)

Luka: :D

thomas_inter
02 Jun 08, 15:54
Benvenuto Mourinho!

I hope he can attract some quality players. For instance; Quaresma is Portugese, and I have him on my wishlist for a couple of years already...

Wish you all the best, José; hated you before, but my opinion about that changed totally about 2 months ago.

Fabio
02 Jun 08, 15:55
Sweet. Welcome. :star:

bjwam4
02 Jun 08, 16:16
Wow, we just hired the best coach on the planet. Well done Massimo!
I think if there is anyone who can respond to the BS media, discipline our squad, and beat Juve it's the special one.

This is a dream come true for me.

thomas_inter
02 Jun 08, 16:21
"I was talking with a Roma fan(italian) when I was flewing 8 hours ago from Bergamo, and he said one thing. Mouhrinho is crazy, not meaning he is mental crazy, but that he is ACTING crazy throught the match, in a good way, acting on the spot, if the team is not listnening to him, or if they are not doing what he told them.

Mouhrinho is ideal for the italian league, he is ideal. Italians are probably the most passionate fans of them all, and at Inter pressure is unbelievable, and you can all see by the roumors why Mancini wanted or still wants to leave.

Now take Mouhrinho, and tell me he will be intamidated, he will be frightned, he will be nervous of anything? He is so arrogant, that nobody will be stepping on his toes, and if they will he will make them know what he thinks about it.

One from the things I, and my friend like the most in this guy is that, he always says what he thinks. He doesn't give a sh1t, what will papers say, what will people say, what will anybody say. He tells what he thinks, and you can choose not to agree with that, but you will be sure that what he will say, that's how it will be. He is not saying one thing, and then doing the other.

As for his arrogance, it's the same that characterize great people, like Jordan, who was considered the most arrogant and selfish players of all time, but that's what made him the way he was. Ibra is also arrogant, you all know that. If you turn it into your advantage, than you can sit tight and enjoy the ride.

Just look at how he silenced the fans, how he didn't even move the finger, how "arrogant" and confident this guy is. I tell you, he is perfect for the italian league. At his first conference he would probably say that Milan, Roma, and Juve can only dream of Inter slipping and ending it's winning streak of scudettos.

Plus, besides that he is a great tactitian, as everybody knows, he is also great motivator for the team, and he is not the type of coach who you can push around. It doesn't matter if your name is Adriano, or Messi, or C. Ronaldo, or Kaka, if you fu** with him, you can be certain he won't let it go.

Just like some says Cuper made a foundation for Mancini to build a dominant side in italian league, I say Mancini build a foundation for another coach, to make Inter not only big in Italy, but finaly big and recognisable in Euorope. Mourinho is that someone, he is world class coach right now, with Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona, all scouting his situation. It's not a coincidence."

I indeed read this before.

Now I pasted it into a .doc and stored on my hardrive... :D

Suneet
02 Jun 08, 16:22
I'm soo overconfident about next season now. :D

btw, Han how many left balls you have?(since you're gonna trade more than 1) :D

The season has certainly turned into one to be remembered, even though the 2008 started so badly.

1) We ended up champions of Italy
2) Milan in UEFA Cup
3) Mourinho joins Inter

If someone offers that to me at the beginning of the season, I'd trade my left balls to get this.

tonyloo
PAOLILLO:

"Market? Expect a small market, not a large market. Arriveranno few players but good, Italian and international.

Adriano on loan to Rome? At present it is impossible to predict, Mourinho has to come, must evaluate all the players and then draw all the conclusions."

He likes the squad.

Grumpy will not be pleased.

Master Inter
Oh yeah this is the best day

lonewolf19
02 Jun 08, 16:23
Damn, I am so high now!
Its gonna be a wonderful summer. Scudetto + Euro + Mourinho!!

nutcracker
02 Jun 08, 16:36
Anyway, are we going to have any friendlies this summer? and when will our players beginng training with Mourinho?

Karim
02 Jun 08, 16:40
I got that coment much recently saying that Corriero is a Juventino newspaper :D

achilles
02 Jun 08, 16:43
Don't forget, not only did Milan only manage UEFA, Inter won Serie A, and we got Mourinho, but remember this:

England did not even qualify for Euro 2008!!!

Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Netherlands. If its not one of those 5, then Zlatan will have to have a hell of a showing for Sweden :)

Good to see Mourinho, I hope he brings in Essien, we don't need Lampard or Drogba though really. Quaresma and an additional playmaker would be good to see.

A.l.i
02 Jun 08, 16:53
Welcome Mourinho ! Hope you beat Helenio's record with us ;) .

p.s Agree with Han, who would have thought that along with winning the Scudetto, Bilan would end up 5th to cap it off with Jose being our next coach.

Thank you Mancini for pumping out that emotional reaction in February.

shahz_nerazzurri
02 Jun 08, 17:01
Welcome Mourinho!!!!!.

I might not be having orgies, like most of the people here, but still I wish you best of luck for your job, and after spending the rumored 100mill this summer, I really hope you can lead us to some trophies next year.

This is a true test for Mourinho's character. In Enlgish press never really bothered him, they loved him. Clubs manager dont have that much pressure. He was allowed to think that he was the most important person in the world over there. I would have loved to see him with England NT, then we could have really seen how much balls does he have, when all the blame of all the crappy performance comes down directly on the manager.

Now he is at a big Italian club. The pressure coming from the fans is so much more than whats in England. The media are not that nice. They will rip you apart like hell. Plus the whole world will not know you, because you are in Italy. In England you can say stuff like "I am the speical one" and get the whole world to laugh with you. In Italy if you say stuff like "I am the special one", half the world wont know about it, the remaining half would think that you are mad.

Mourinho, its time to really show us that you have balls (not literally pls, even if some members would love to actually see it).

Best of luck.

NimAraya
02 Jun 08, 17:14
Welcome Mourinho ! Hope you beat Helenio's record with us ;)
Or you better talk about him being able to last more than 2 years here.

Reßell
02 Jun 08, 17:34
I'm very happy :) Welcome Jose :interscarf:

kova9
02 Jun 08, 17:39
Welcome Jose!!

I'm glad he joined, no.1 pick if we really had to fire Mancio..

I'm excited about the new look of the team, but I hope he doesn't change the basics too much..

Anyway, good luck Mourinho, you'll need it.. :D Bring us CL!!

Toninu
02 Jun 08, 18:06
Wow... Does anyone feel like Mourinho with Inter is weird? I still kinda can't believe it...

achilles
02 Jun 08, 18:08
New look of the team, means getting Adriano back (long shot, otherwise Suazo, Mario, Julio or Hernan have to step up).
Adding Essien, and Quaresma, and thats about it, really!
Some back ups, but those are the main first team changes required!

brehme1989
02 Jun 08, 18:08
More like meant to be ;)

Luka
02 Jun 08, 18:11
Same here.

Anyways, I got a few chances of going through a polish juBe and Billan and Roma forums, and I can say easily, that majority of fans rates Jose much higher than Mancio on a tactical level(some say, now Inter will have finaly a coach) and are worried about inter signing Jose, and that Inter will probably be unreachable next year.

Good to see such a things, because that shows me, that I'm not crazy about things I've said over couple last months :P

J zanetti
02 Jun 08, 18:36
Benvenuto Jose :star:

I said it back then, that bringing him to Chelsea was the best footballing investment/move Abramovic has ever done.
To me this is the best centenary present Moratti could have given us. So grazie Massimo – let’s hope it will all work out. ;)

J zanetti
02 Jun 08, 18:43
Now this is a good read – was posted before but DEFINITLY worth a read for those who missed it. Marcotti touches upon one of my reasons as to why I couldn’t picture him as our man (no matter how much I wanted this to happen). That is basically too much interference from various club members – something we all know the special one is pretty allergic to! ;)
Hence I certainly hope that they have discussed that aspect of the business carefully because otherwise things could turn ugly.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/gabriele_marcotti/article4045215.ece

You'll need to be more than Special, Jose Mourinho
Gabriele Marcotti

Dear José
Welcome to Inter Milan. When you arrived at Chelsea you claimed that you were “The Special One” and you lived up to it. Well done. I don’t know what you’ll say when Inter present you in the coming days, but you’ll have to go one better. Because you are now sipping from the most poisoned of chalices.

Inter’s nicknames are “Il Biscione” (“The Big Snake”) and “La Beneamata” (“The Cherished”). Both are appropriate. If you’re not careful, the snake will bite you in the rear. And the fact you are taking charge of the Inter fans’ cherished mother/sister/daughter/lover (choose whatever metaphor you like) means sooner or later you’re bound to face a shotgun and a shovel. (No Inter coach in recent history — and that includes Helenio Herrera, who won the European Cup twice — has left the club on good terms.)

First, the good news. You’ll have money to spend (although not as much as you did at Chelsea; not initially, anyway). You’ll get to perform in front of 80,000 in a magical place called the San Siro. And the media will not root around in your rubbish or follow your wife to the shops or devote acres of print to your players’ indiscretions. You’ll like that. You’ll have one of the most generous owners in the world, a man who tends to solve internal disputes by handing out pay rises. (Of course, you have more than enough personal wealth and there will be times when you’ll prefer a bit of backbone to a fatter pay cheque.)

Now, the bad news. The man you are replacing, Roberto Mancini, won three straight Serie A titles and was still given the boot. Why? Two reasons: he didn’t get along with people and he didn’t win the Champions League. You may be fine on the first front (with a few notable exceptions, all your players seem to quite like you: it’s one of your best attributes), the second may be a problem. Because excuses don’t go far at Inter.
Look at your predecessor. He had plenty of mitigating factors. One season he was knocked out of Europe because a “fan” hit the opposing team’s goalkeeper with a flare. The next two he was dumped out on the away goals rule after dominating both legs. And last year he played most of the decisive two-leg tie with ten men thanks to some dubious officiating. Did that help? Did it heck. He was still seen as a donkey. So here’s hoping you won’t need to make reference to “ghost goals” or opposing managers visiting the referee at half-time. It won’t buy you any time.

There is more bad news. You’re taking over an ageing team with a huge squad. According to media reports, you’re thinking of bringing in a new centre forward, either Samuel Eto’o or Didier Drogba. Great. Just remember, though, you’ll have to figure out what to do with Inter’s holdover strikers: Hernán Crespo (remember him?), Julio Cruz, David Suazo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Adriano and Mario Balotelli. Between them they make £20 million a year, which makes them hard to move on.

Not that you’ll have too much say over who comes and goes. Ibrahimovic just signed a five-year contract extension and I’m willing to bet the club didn’t tell you they were going to do that. He’s volatile and he’s the president’s darling, so you had better find a way to work with him. Rumours have you signing Frank Lampard and Deco, who will be 30 and 31 respectively when the season begins. Good players. They’ll fit right into a group that already features six thirtysomething midfield players.
When you left Chelsea, it was reportedly in part because of the interference from various club officials and hangers-on in Roman Abramovich’s court. Hopefully it will have prepared you for what you’re facing at Inter, a club with more directors, advisers and friends of friends than you can shake a stick at. Just ask Mancini, who rowed with most of them, including the club doctor, and is suing Inter for unfair dismissal. (Don’t feel too sorry for him, though, he is owed a payoff in the tens of millions of pounds).

Your predecessor turned Inter into a winning club. It wasn’t enough to keep his job. If you want to see out your three-year contract at the San Siro, that won’t be enough. You’ll have to turn Inter from a dysfunctional basketcase into a sane, rational unit. And not just with regards to the playing squad.
You wanted a challenge and by heck, you got it. Godspeed, José.

Jonnie_Venom89
02 Jun 08, 19:20
Look at your predecessor. He had plenty of mitigating factors. One season he was knocked out of Europe because a “fan” hit the opposing team’s goalkeeper with a flare. The next two he was dumped out on the away goals rule after dominating both legs. And last year he played most of the decisive two-leg tie with ten men thanks to some dubious officiating. Did that help? Did it heck

hahah:)) ...you can see that this english bastrads don't have a clue. This is total Horse-Shit! In the CL match against Milan we didn't lose because a fan hit the opposing team...we lost because we sucked big time. The fan hit Dida when we already lost the first game 2-0 , and it was 1-0 for BBilan ,70th(or something like that minute). So the tie was already decided....the fan only helped us get a 4-match ban and a hefty fine from Uefa.
Second game. Vs Villareal....we won the first leg 2-1,we played better....but in Spain....hell our only shot was in the 88th minute...we were totatly outplayed, Riquelme did whatever the hell he wanted because we went to the EL Madrigal with our "stay with our asses on the goal-line and hit the balls forward to martins or adriano who can hopefully dribble past all the defenders or thunder-strike the damn ball in the net from 30m" tactic. Same goes for Liverpool.....we were FUBAR then too.....and the game at San Siro, again huge mistakes from Mancio not playing Figo and so on......Hell....I admit it we were unlucky against Liverpool..but heck...sometimes we have to make our own luck.....I want to add that Liverpool were in horrible form before the tie with us....they got raped by Barnsley and played shit football....I fuckin' hate this bastards english.....and guess what:)...I have a feeling we will meet Liverpool again in our next CL campaign.....Mou vs Benitze Relodaded:).....I don't know who will win....but I'll put it like this.........with "The Special One" on our side, I like the odds:)

La Bling
02 Jun 08, 19:27
Benvenuto Mister Mourinho. It does seem kinda weird, but let the success begin.

Luka
02 Jun 08, 19:42
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/gabriele_marcotti/article4045215.ece

You'll need to be more than Special, Jose Mourinho
Gabriele Marcotti

Dear José
Welcome to Inter Milan. When you arrived at Chelsea you claimed that you were “The Special One” and you lived up to it. Well done. I don’t know what you’ll say when Inter present you in the coming days, but you’ll have to go one better. Because you are now sipping from the most poisoned of chalices.

Inter’s nicknames are “Il Biscione” (“The Big Snake”) and “La Beneamata” (“The Cherished”). Both are appropriate. If you’re not careful, the snake will bite you in the rear. And the fact you are taking charge of the Inter fans’ cherished mother/sister/daughter/lover (choose whatever metaphor you like) means sooner or later you’re bound to face a shotgun and a shovel. (No Inter coach in recent history — and that includes Helenio Herrera, who won the European Cup twice — has left the club on good terms.)

First, the good news. You’ll have money to spend (although not as much as you did at Chelsea; not initially, anyway). You’ll get to perform in front of 80,000 in a magical place called the San Siro. And the media will not root around in your rubbish or follow your wife to the shops or devote acres of print to your players’ indiscretions. You’ll like that. You’ll have one of the most generous owners in the world, a man who tends to solve internal disputes by handing out pay rises. (Of course, you have more than enough personal wealth and there will be times when you’ll prefer a bit of backbone to a fatter pay cheque.)

Now, the bad news. The man you are replacing, Roberto Mancini, won three straight Serie A titles and was still given the boot. Why? Two reasons: he didn’t get along with people and he didn’t win the Champions League. You may be fine on the first front (with a few notable exceptions, all your players seem to quite like you: it’s one of your best attributes), the second may be a problem. Because excuses don’t go far at Inter.
Look at your predecessor. He had plenty of mitigating factors. One season he was knocked out of Europe because a “fan” hit the opposing team’s goalkeeper with a flare. The next two he was dumped out on the away goals rule after dominating both legs. And last year he played most of the decisive two-leg tie with ten men thanks to some dubious officiating. Did that help? Did it heck. He was still seen as a donkey. So here’s hoping you won’t need to make reference to “ghost goals” or opposing managers visiting the referee at half-time. It won’t buy you any time.

There is more bad news. You’re taking over an ageing team with a huge squad. According to media reports, you’re thinking of bringing in a new centre forward, either Samuel Eto’o or Didier Drogba. Great. Just remember, though, you’ll have to figure out what to do with Inter’s holdover strikers: Hernán Crespo (remember him?), Julio Cruz, David Suazo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Adriano and Mario Balotelli. Between them they make £20 million a year, which makes them hard to move on.

Not that you’ll have too much say over who comes and goes. Ibrahimovic just signed a five-year contract extension and I’m willing to bet the club didn’t tell you they were going to do that. He’s volatile and he’s the president’s darling, so you had better find a way to work with him. Rumours have you signing Frank Lampard and Deco, who will be 30 and 31 respectively when the season begins. Good players. They’ll fit right into a group that already features six thirtysomething midfield players.
When you left Chelsea, it was reportedly in part because of the interference from various club officials and hangers-on in Roman Abramovich’s court. Hopefully it will have prepared you for what you’re facing at Inter, a club with more directors, advisers and friends of friends than you can shake a stick at. Just ask Mancini, who rowed with most of them, including the club doctor, and is suing Inter for unfair dismissal. (Don’t feel too sorry for him, though, he is owed a payoff in the tens of millions of pounds).

Your predecessor turned Inter into a winning club. It wasn’t enough to keep his job. If you want to see out your three-year contract at the San Siro, that won’t be enough. You’ll have to turn Inter from a dysfunctional basketcase into a sane, rational unit. And not just with regards to the playing squad.
You wanted a challenge and by heck, you got it. Godspeed, José.
I already wrote about it!!!

And this is total Crap!

Not everyting? Most of this is crap!

"Now, the bad news. The man you are replacing, Roberto Mancini, won three straight Serie A titles and was still given the boot. Why? Two reasons: he didn’t get along with people and he didn’t win the Champions League."
Newsflash buddy. You sit there in England, and have no way of knowing those things we do. He doesn't even say about the "resign conference". This is a first sign, how knolegable about this isue is this guy.

"One season he was knocked out of Europe because a “fan” hit the opposing team’s goalkeeper with a flare. "
Yes exactly. He was knocked out just BECAUSE of this fact. If the fan didn't throw his flare, we would beat them in heart-beat.

God...

"The next two he was dumped out on the away goals rule after dominating both legs. "
Dominating... both legs?? Hmmmm.

"And last year he played most of the decisive two-leg tie with ten men thanks to some dubious officiating."
Lets talk about line-up first, and what led to those 2 yellows of Matrix. With Burdisso he is right, but it didn't change anything, because we lost this tie in the first leg.

"Did that help? Did it heck. He was still seen as a donkey. So here’s hoping you won’t need to make reference to “ghost goals” or opposing managers visiting the referee at half-time. It won’t buy you any time."
Tottal bullshit, becuase this conclusion is made by this crap he wrote above.

"There is more bad news. You’re taking over an ageing team with a huge squad. According to media reports, you’re thinking of bringing in a new centre forward, either Samuel Eto’o or Didier Drogba. Great. Just remember, though, you’ll have to figure out what to do with Inter’s holdover strikers: Hernán Crespo (remember him?), Julio Cruz, David Suazo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Adriano and Mario Balotelli. Between them they make £20 million a year, which makes them hard to move on. "
Aging squad... Maybe it is aging, but it's still in a good shape, and the average of the squad is bellow 30. We can talk about aging problems, if this team would stay mostly unchanged in 3 years. He can say about aging to Milan not us(yet).

What to do with a strikers... Yes that's a big problem here. Obviously nobody ever wants a player from Inter team. And a salary obstackle. Yeah, Gila went to Fiorentina and I'm sure he gets there as much as at Milan.

"Not that you’ll have too much say over who comes and goes. Ibrahimovic just signed a five-year contract extension and I’m willing to bet the club didn’t tell you they were going to do that. "
And I'm sure you didn't went through brain seasonal check, if you believe what papers are saying is true. What a guy...

"He’s volatile and he’s the president’s darling, so you had better find a way to work with him. Rumours have you signing Frank Lampard and Deco, who will be 30 and 31 respectively when the season begins. Good players. They’ll fit right into a group that already features six thirtysomething midfield players."
Another -> Believing in press roumors = poor journalist.

"When you left Chelsea, it was reportedly in part because of the interference from various club officials and hangers-on in Roman Abramovich’s court. Hopefully it will have prepared you for what you’re facing at Inter, a club with more directors, advisers and friends of friends than you can shake a stick at."
Just like Milan boy, just like Milan. Give me a fuckin break. This is not england. There is nothing like that in Spain or Italy. He was born yesterday? What the heck.

And yeah, like MM is the most vicious and most controlling president in the whole wild world. LOL

"Just ask Mancini, who rowed with most of them, including the club doctor, and is suing Inter for unfair dismissal. (Don’t feel too sorry for him, though, he is owed a payoff in the tens of millions of pounds)."
Most of them... hmmm who exactly is this "most of them" ? The doctor is fine, but I hardly call him a director.

"Your predecessor turned Inter into a winning club. It wasn’t enough to keep his job. If you want to see out your three-year contract at the San Siro, that won’t be enough. You’ll have to turn Inter from a dysfunctional basketcase into a sane, rational unit. And not just with regards to the playing squad.
You wanted a challenge and by heck, you got it. Godspeed, José. "
Another crap statement. Clearly showing the lack of knolege, and the fact this guy has no way of knowing why Mancini was sacked. Just like any english fan, who just watches italian football, when there are results shown on sky sports programs. So he goes... 3 scudettos, and still sack? What the heck?

Just get some knolege before making some opinions, you ass.

It's clear this article is full of bitterness. It seems as he is one of the hurt ones, when Jose left chelsea.

nerazzurri4ever
02 Jun 08, 20:18
http://forums.intermilan.ae/uploaded/10804_11212269026.jpg

:D:D

what do you think he will do with figo ? i don't mind if he stay as a backup for one more year

achilles
02 Jun 08, 20:35
I think Figo stays, and Quaresma and Essien arrive!

Hell, maybe Adriano even returns to his old self, hahaha. Then Jose really will be seen as a miracle worker!

Pravesh
02 Jun 08, 20:35
This is nothing new for me, as it was all but done. Now, lets hope how our transfer market goes. I would hope that Mourinho would build his team with these players in his mind:

(1) Zlatan - He needs to be guided a bit well to be more effective in big games and lets hope they don't come in between their arrogant characters.

(2) Adriano - I hope Mourinho would be able to revive his career which would be damn great. But for that to happen, we will have to see a big change in Adriano and that is ???

(3) Mario - Lets hope that we won't be selling or getting rid of him. He could be the future of our club, the way he has been promising.

(4) Quaresma/Lampard/Essien - Those are wonderful midfielder and would love to see atleast two of them but lets hope it would be for the best.

(5) Lets also hope that Maicon, J.Cesar's comments would not mean that they are asking for a move or whatever. As for Stankovic, I really don't care but would love to have him as a squad player, if he doesn't mind.

(6) I am pretty sure that Matrix won't be happy to be just a squad player, so bye bye if we have to say that to him. Chivu is an integral part of our squad and hope Mourinho knows that well.

(7) Having Baresi as the assistant coach would help us in a great deal, especially if we DO have some talented youngsters who can be brought from the youth sector to the senior team and this could be an advantage for Mario's development as well. It would also mean that he would help Mourinho choose from the Italian players' list (Aquilani/?)

(8) Drogba/Eto - We have lately been rumoured to the latter one and I have no idea which one would be the best for us. I would have loved to see Adriano alongside Zlatan but we are living in the real world and that's a pretty risky business, though lets hope for the best.

(9) Futures of Vieira/Stankovic/Materazzi/Crespo/Cruz/?

:D:stuckup:

achilles
02 Jun 08, 20:44
Who knows, Adriano is a big question mark, and only time will tell. It is really hard to make a move today based on that. If we get another striker, AND Adriano gets fully fit and in form, SOMEONE is going to be upset about not playing. Be it Crespo, Cruz, Suazo or Mario.

I think Mario should probably be loaned out. That means he can be recalled. I still have faith in all the rest of the strikers, so I don't know if we need the arrival of the likes of Drogba or Eto'o. Midfield is where we need strengthening, swap Stankovic for Quaresma, and Vieira for Essien please. Keep Javier and Esteban, back four of Maxwell/Chivu, Samuel, Cordoba, Maicon.

Zlatan and Adriano up front ideally, but more realistically he will be sold, and we will bring in Drogba.

J zanetti
02 Jun 08, 21:03
hahah:)) ...you can see that this english bastrads don't have a clue. This is total Horse-Shit! In the CL match against Milan we didn't lose because a fan hit the opposing team...we lost because we sucked big time. The fan hit Dida when we already lost the first game 2-0 , and it was 1-0 for BBilan ,70th(or something like that minute). So the tie was already decided....the fan only helped us get a 4-match ban and a hefty fine from Uefa.
Second game. Vs Villareal....we won the first leg 2-1,we played better....but in Spain....hell our only shot was in the 88th minute...we were totatly outplayed, Riquelme did whatever the hell he wanted because we went to the EL Madrigal with our "stay with our asses on the goal-line and hit the balls forward to martins or adriano who can hopefully dribble past all the defenders or thunder-strike the damn ball in the net from 30m" tactic. Same goes for Liverpool.....we were FUBAR then too.....and the game at San Siro, again huge mistakes from Mancio not playing Figo and so on......Hell....I admit it we were unlucky against Liverpool..but heck...sometimes we have to make our own luck.....I want to add that Liverpool were in horrible form before the tie with us....they got raped by Barnsley and played shit football....I fuckin' hate this bastards english.....and guess what:)...I have a feeling we will meet Liverpool again in our next CL campaign.....Mou vs Benitze Relodaded:).....I don't know who will win....but I'll put it like this.........with "The Special One" on our side, I like the odds:)
First of all the guy is Italian – further when I reached the part highlighted in yellow I just stopped reading the rest. FYI the game was 0-0 when our perfectly legitimate goal was cancelled out!

crzdcolombian
02 Jun 08, 21:18
Quaresma said he wants inter and is ready to move here :) !!!

If Mourinho makes it happen :)

and Essien would be sweet too... Diarra is just way way over priced

M.Adnan
02 Jun 08, 21:19
First of all the guy is Italian – further when I reached the part highlighted in yellow I just stopped reading the rest. FYI the game was 0-0 when our perfectly legitimate goal was cancelled out!

I think Milan were leading 1-0 before cancelling Cambiasso's goal. It was Shevchenko who scored Milan's opening goal.

Still, we were putting all the pressure on Milan even when they were leading 3-0. We could've won that game if we were a bit more lucky.

J zanetti
02 Jun 08, 21:35
My comments in yellow!

Originally Posted by Luka
Not everyting? Most of this is crap!

"Now, the bad news. The man you are replacing, Roberto Mancini, won three straight Serie A titles and was still given the boot. Why? Two reasons: he didn’t get along with people and he didn’t win the Champions League."
Newsflash buddy. You sit there in England, and have no way of knowing those things we do. He doesn't even say about the "resign conference". This is a first sign, how knolegable about this isue is this guy.

1 - Surely you have to admit those were 2 of the reasons Mancini got the boot. Also Marcotti al though based here in London spends a large amount of time in Italy. You won't find many others more knowledgeable than him in regards to Serie A – so believe me he knows what he is on about. Just because he is not all praise about the special one doesn’t mean he doesn’t agree with his appointment. He is just giving a more objective view of the current situation – something many of us can’t or perhaps don’t want to see.

"One season he was knocked out of Europe because a “fan” hit the opposing team’s goalkeeper with a flare. "
Yes exactly. He was knocked out just BECAUSE of this fact. If the fan didn't throw his flare, we would beat them in heart-beat.

No, but surely if our goal would have stayed we had sufficient time to score another one.

God...

"The next two he was dumped out on the away goals rule after dominating both legs. "
Dominating... both legs?? Hmmmm.

I agree with you on this one! We were utterly useless in our away game v Villareal!

"And last year he played most of the decisive two-leg tie with ten men thanks to some dubious officiating."
Lets talk about line-up first, and what led to those 2 yellows of Matrix. With Burdisso he is right, but it didn't change anything, because we lost this tie in the first leg.

I still believe we were very unlucky v Liverpool. If it wasn’t for those stupid refereeing we had a decent chance… remember their first goal was bloody deflection which gave them that extra gear to score the late one as well. Anyway don’t want to talk about those 2 games as the way we exited the C.L still hurts.

"Did that help? Did it heck. He was still seen as a donkey. So here’s hoping you won’t need to make reference to “ghost goals” or opposing managers visiting the referee at half-time. It won’t buy you any time."
Tottal bullshit, becuase this conclusion is made by this crap he wrote above.

Well, I guess we just have to agree to disagree ;)

"There is more bad news. You’re taking over an ageing team with a huge squad. According to media reports, you’re thinking of bringing in a new centre forward, either Samuel Eto’o or Didier Drogba. Great. Just remember, though, you’ll have to figure out what to do with Inter’s holdover strikers: Hernán Crespo (remember him?), Julio Cruz, David Suazo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Adriano and Mario Balotelli. Between them they make £20 million a year, which makes them hard to move on. "
Aging squad... Maybe it is aging, but it's still in a good shape, and the average of the squad is bellow 30. We can talk about aging problems, if this team would stay mostly unchanged in 3 years. He can say about aging to Milan not us(yet).

I agree as he is exagerating a bit here

What to do with a strikers... Yes that's a big problem here. Obviously nobody ever wants a player from Inter team. And a salary obstackle. Yeah, Gila went to Fiorentina and I'm sure he gets there as much as at Milan.

"Not that you’ll have too much say over who comes and goes. Ibrahimovic just signed a five-year contract extension and I’m willing to bet the club didn’t tell you they were going to do that. "
And I'm sure you didn't went through brain seasonal check, if you believe what papers are saying is true. What a guy...

This one is pure speculation... so no one really knows!

"He’s volatile and he’s the president’s darling, so you had better find a way to work with him. Rumours have you signing Frank Lampard and Deco, who will be 30 and 31 respectively when the season begins. Good players. They’ll fit right into a group that already features six thirtysomething midfield players."
Another -> Believing in press roumors = poor journalist.

He CLEARLY says rumour has it.....

"When you left Chelsea, it was reportedly in part because of the interference from various club officials and hangers-on in Roman Abramovich’s court. Hopefully it will have prepared you for what you’re facing at Inter, a club with more directors, advisers and friends of friends than you can shake a stick at."
Just like Milan boy, just like Milan. Give me a fuckin break. This is not england. There is nothing like that in Spain or Italy. He was born yesterday? What the heck.

And yeah, like MM is the most vicious and most controlling president in the whole wild world. LOL

I'm sorry but totally agree with him on this one. However as I said before I'm hoping Moratti and the special one are both clear about this one!!

"Your predecessor turned Inter into a winning club. It wasn’t enough to keep his job. If you want to see out your three-year contract at the San Siro, that won’t be enough. You’ll have to turn Inter from a dysfunctional basketcase into a sane, rational unit. And not just with regards to the playing squad.
You wanted a challenge and by heck, you got it. Godspeed, José. "
Another crap statement. Clearly showing the lack of knolege, and the fact this guy has no way of knowing why Mancini was sacked. Just like any english fan, who just watches italian football, when there are results shown on sky sports programs. So he goes... 3 scudettos, and still sack? What the heck?
Don't you think you are being a bit harsh on the guy here? ;)
Just FYI info the guy was brought up being an Inter fan and even now is open about sympathizing with our club. I mean the guy is bloody Italian so I don’t see the relevance of all the britishness in here!!!

Just get some knolege before making some opinions, you ass.

It's clear this article is full of bitterness. It seems as he is one of the hurt ones, when Jose left chelsea.

Again why is that? After all he himself is almost one of us - so again no reason for him being bitter. Even if he is, which I doubt then he is among large chunk of our fans who probably thought Mancini should’ve been given another chance. And there is nothing wrong with that. As I said in one of my previous posts the sacking of our coach wasn’t as clear cut as our previous ones.
Anyway to sum, I don’t think his writing came across as him being against the special one joining us. All he has done is given us an objective point of view that surely not everything will be rosy as some believe – not for Mourinho, not for the club, and obviously as a consequence not for us the fans.

Luka
02 Jun 08, 21:40
I could not believe he is living in Italy. He writes to english paper as correspondent or is he living in UK? Because with what he has said I can't believe he is living in Italy. That is too biased, even for a juventino.

Just like Adnan said, Cambiasso goal was the reason why the flares started to be thrown, and it was late in the second half. Sheva goal was in 30' in the first half.

To reach CL final, even without dismisal of Estebans goal, we would have to score 3 goals in 20 minutes.

So you still think it is right to say, that we lost this game because of the flare incident ?

J zanetti
02 Jun 08, 21:42
I think Milan were leading 1-0 before cancelling Cambiasso's goal. It was Shevchenko who scored Milan's opening goal.

Still, we were putting all the pressure on Milan even when they were leading 3-0. We could've won that game if we were a bit more lucky.
True, my bad. And I was even in the stadium that night! :rolleyes: Sheva had given them the lead!

Luka
02 Jun 08, 22:15
1 - Surely you have to admit those were 2 of the reasons Mancini got the boot. Also Marcotti al though based here in London spends a large amount of time in Italy. You won't find many others more knowledgeable than him in regards to Serie A – so believe me he knows what he is on about. Just because he is not all praise about the special one doesn’t mean he doesn’t agree with his appointment. He is just giving a more objective view of the current situation – something many of us can’t or perhaps don’t want to see.

I respect his opinion. Everyone has a right to have one. But with that being said, I can still say it is mostly not true and biased.

And I strongly dissagree that because of those 2 reasons he got the boot.

First of all, it would be a lot different if Mancini didn't make that statement. MM said himself, that this statment was very bad for Inter. Mancini got sacked becuase of that(partly) reason in official statment.

Secondly Mancini didn't got boot because he failed to win CL. At least not directly. If we take CL campaign in the consideration, it is not because of that fact. It is because of HOW we played in those big games, and because we weren't able to put enough effort whenever we needed it. Not winning the CL is the conclusion of the fact I wrote above.

If Mancini was winning the big games here and then, loosing some of them, but still managing to represent italian champions in Europe as they should be, I wouldn't want him sacked. But he didn't. Instead everytime we had to win, we played cowardly, and shamefull. Villareal, Valencia, first leg vs Liverpool.

No, but surely if our goal would have stayed we had sufficient time to score another one.

I already answered to that in my previous post.

3 goals in 20 minutes to go through...

I agree with you on this one! We were utterly useless in our away game v Villareal!

How about Valencia Away ? :)

I still believe we were very unlucky v Liverpool. If it wasn’t for those stupid refereeing we had a decent chance… remember their first goal was bloody deflection which gave them that extra gear to score the late one as well. Anyway don’t want to talk about those 2 games as the way we exited the C.L still hurts.

It still hurts me as well. You know I ran a big vendetta on the forums here, to prove Mancini is not able to be our coach if we want to go big, after the first leg, and why we need Jose so much. I don't want to repeat myself. I will just paste 2 facts ok ? And you'll be the judge.

Mancini: "We'll play to win"

LIVERPOOL - After Javier Zanetti, it was the turn of Roberto Mancini to reply to questions ahead of Tuesday's Champions League clash against Liverpool.

"We mustn't think about the return leg," insisted the Inter coach. "We just have to think about playing our game, and try to win."

Our line-up:

Inter (4-4-2): 12 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 2 Cordoba, 23 Materazzi, 26 Chivu; 4 Zanetti, 19 Cambiasso, 5 Stankovic, 6 Maxwell; 8 Ibrahimovic, 9 Cruz.

Midfield: Zanetti, Cambiasso, Maxwell. 2 deffensive minded players in midfield and 1 nominal deffender + 1 "box-to-box" midfielder.

Well, I guess we just have to agree to disagree ;)

;)

I agree as he is exagerating a bit here

Second time. Yey :>

So it's not just the previous one ;)

This one is pure speculation... so no one really knows!

Exactly. That was my point. I can say that because I'm just a fan, but he is a journalist, and he must not say something that is not proven. Another fact that is questioning his credibility in my eyes.

He CLEARLY says rumour has it.....

Missed that one. I stand corrected.

I'm sorry but totally agree with him on this one. However as I said before I'm hoping Moratti and the special one are both clear about this one!!

I'm sorry too, because now I read myself, and I didn't explain myself enough as it seems :>

What I mean is that such a controll over things is only at England, and nowhere else(mostly). Certainly not in Italy and Spain in big clubs.

If he is italian, he must have know that! And if you're taking a job, you know where you're going. The fact I wrote is known worldwide, and Jose must know this as well.

As for the second part of my point, MM from all the presidents of the biggest clubs in Italy and Spain is to me the one who can give you more of the free will than the rest. He is not at top, but he is no Silvio Berlusconi who jumps into the locker room and order to play Serginho in second part, if you catch my drift.

Don't you think you are being a bit harsh on the guy here? ;)

:)

Definetly not! Mancini was sacked for a valid reasons, and as true is that he delivered silverware to the club, and we are thankfull for this, Mancio prooved another time, that he is not able to jump above his current level, and that he is not able to jump into the "top" league at this point. This is why he was sacked. Mancio did decent job, but there was a question to answer for ourselves:

"Do we want to remain mediocre, or de we want to finaly represent the Inter name, as a big force in Europe and get recognition that we undoubtly deserve" ?

Looking only at the plain numbers, that Mancio won 3 scudettos is a proof he is poor journalist, because he is basing his opinion of this solely reason, and not looking at other very valid issues.

Again why is that? After all he himself is almost one of us - so again no reason for him being bitter. Even if he is, which I doubt then he is among large chunk of our fans who probably thought Mancini should’ve been given another chance. And there is nothing wrong with that. As I said in one of my previous posts the sacking of our coach wasn’t as clear cut as our previous ones.
Anyway to sum, I don’t think his writing came across as him being against the special one joining us. All he has done is given us an objective point of view that surely not everything will be rosy as some believe – not for Mourinho, not for the club, and obviously as a consequence not for us the fans.
It might not be rosy. Noone cannot disagree to that.

But if he is supposed to be objective, then his deffinition of "objective" is a lot different than to the rest of the people. I think I made a very logical and crucial points why his reasoning is wrong, and lacks the knolege that would, like I did, proove otherwise.

If he is suppose to be a respected journalist, I'm sorry. But he is not to me after this article.

J zanetti
02 Jun 08, 22:54
And I strongly dissagree that because of those 2 reasons he got the boot.
Not the only ones, but rather 2 of them ;)

First of all, it would be a lot different if Mancini didn't make that statement. MM said himself, that this statment was very bad for Inter. Mancini got sacked becuase of that(partly) reason in official statment.

Agreed, and as I said earlier in the Mancini thraed he has no one but himself to blame for this one!

Secondly Mancini didn't got boot because he failed to win CL. At least not directly. If we take CL campaign in the consideration, it is not because of that fact. It is because of HOW we played in those big games, and because we weren't able to put enough effort whenever we needed it. Not winning the CL is the conclusion of the fact I wrote above.

To me, and I'm sure many others one of the main reasons why Mancini got the sack was our failure(s) in the C.L. Now some blame it on bad luck / injuries and/or Mancini's inability to field the right team and how to motivate them and so on.... In my opinion it was a combination of them all. Anyway I agree that in the European stage Mourinho will be able to get the best out of our highly talented squad.

If Mancini was winning the big games here and then, loosing some of them, but still managing to represent italian champions in Europe as they should be, I wouldn't want him sacked. But he didn't. Instead everytime we had to win, we played cowardly, and shamefull. Villareal, Valencia, first leg vs Liverpool.

Again I agree that we were poor when it mattered. Yet I also believe lady luck wasn't on ur side when we nedded it most. And believe me you need a large portion of that if you want to win the C.L

As for the second part of my point, MM from all the presidents of the biggest clubs in Italy and Spain is to me the one who can give you more of the free will than the rest. He is not at top, but he is no Silvio Berlusconi who jumps into the locker room and order to play Serginho in second part, if you catch my drift.
I'm with my friend. Surely Moratti is no Berlusconi. I just hope they are both on the same page. Because the last thing we need is such internal problems. So I'll try and remain positive. ;)

"Do we want to remain mediocre, or de we want to finaly represent the Inter name, as a big force in Europe and get recognition that we undoubtly deserve" ?
And that is the exact reason I wanted Mourinho as well. As I believe with his pedigree we could step up a gear or two.

Looking only at the plain numbers, that Mancio won 3 scudettos is a proof he is poor journalist, because he is basing his opinion of this solely reason, and not looking at other very valid issues.

Well, at the end of the day it's all about numbers. And no matter what we say, no one can deny the fact that Mancini has done a damn good job with us. And that regardless of how mediocre we have played in the latter part of his stay – because if you exclude our C.L failures domestically we have done extremely well.

Anyhow, the press conference tomorrow should be a joy o listen to! ;)
Off to bed now...

snake
02 Jun 08, 23:25
and you all called me mad when I called for him in 05/06.

Bandwagon's are fun. Anyway, lets see how he goes in his first season in Italy.

lonewolf19
02 Jun 08, 23:41
I think Jose is going to have headache about this club trained and home grown thing with Inter. Not only he has to build for the future, we desperately need some in the team right now!!

This is going to be an expansive summer

Choppin Onions
02 Jun 08, 23:53
Welcome Mou. :star:

nerazzurri4ever
03 Jun 08, 00:27
http://intermilan.ae/goal/DM/Pictures/airport2.jpg

http://intermilan.ae/goal/DM/Pictures/airport1.jpg

http://intermilan.ae/goal/DM/Pictures/airport3.jpg

http://intermilan.ae/goal/DM/Pictures/airport4.jpg

lonewolf19
03 Jun 08, 01:43
Nice pics there.
Guys keep the photos n press conference coming!!
I cant wait for Jose's word to the Italian media.

MoH
03 Jun 08, 03:15
Meh...Am I the only one who hates the guy? Boring football here we come, although all will be forgotten if he wins the CL :thumbsup:

NimAraya
03 Jun 08, 03:42
Meh...Am I the only one who hates the guy? Boring football here we come, although all will be forgotten if he wins the CL :thumbsup:

You're not alone;)

snake
03 Jun 08, 03:44
http://www.forzainterforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44810&postcount=45
http://www.forzainterforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44817&postcount=46

check out these posts, and while your at it...have a squiz at the dates posted.

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 03:58
ur a psychic hal :D

Jose Mourinho
03 Jun 08, 04:20
Thank you for all the welcomes. Very good. I appreciate it. See you on the television in 5 hours.

mexican_azzurri
03 Jun 08, 04:52
Thank you for all the welcomes. Very good. I appreciate it. See you on the television in 5 hours.

Give us the CL and we gonna be ok...

NimAraya
03 Jun 08, 05:05

WHAT THE FUUCK IS THIS?!!!!!!HAHA:D Josie is that you?!! Seems you're so excited for the real football, because it seems you woke up so early!! Jeez I guess it must be about 5,6 am there!! Can you really see us from television?! Man you gotta be real something.

Gaetan
03 Jun 08, 05:15
http://www.forzainterforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44810&postcount=45
http://www.forzainterforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44817&postcount=46

check out these posts, and while your at it...have a squiz at the dates posted.

I wasn't lying though right, hal? ;)

shahz_nerazzurri
03 Jun 08, 05:25
Tommorow morning in his press conference, he is gonna some something like this.
"I am not a loser, I like winning, I win where ever I go. Inter wanna be champions, we will be champions.
It'll be fantastic".

And then half the people over here, will start having orgasms.

bjwam4
03 Jun 08, 07:46
It's a lot more exciting than a Mancini's BS.

Ilkinio
03 Jun 08, 07:51
It's a lot more exciting than a Mancini's BS.

Mancini was good and humorous too... Stop being so arrogant.. Mourinho is not God or Divine..

Luka
03 Jun 08, 08:42
Tommorow morning in his press conference, he is gonna some something like this.
"I am not a loser, I like winning, I win where ever I go. Inter wanna be champions, we will be champions.
It'll be fantastic".

And then half the people over here, will start having orgasms.
You seem more and more shahz, like someone who got really hurt by some chick or something, and doesn't want anybody else to be happy.

We are happy we got a coach we wanted. Tell me what's wrong with that ?

I wish we could get Messi and see your reaction.

Seriosly man, this sh1t is getting old. You don't agree, fine.

Many people also disagreed about Zlatan signing, and after 6 months people were massivly saying, they were wrong and sh1t.

So nobody will tell me, not to get overhyped, because I can be wrong, but also the people who dissagree can be wrong. I respect their opinions, and others should respect mine.

You still remember your first post about Zlatan, when he signed ?

AHHH finally, my most hated player in SERIEA joins Inter :yuck: God we are so doomed if we start both Ibra and Adriano in attack, and both of them decide to show their brilliant form in last season once again. And even Crespo is no starting material. He has lost in so badly. In his previous 4 seasons in league football, he has managed 37 goals.

AAAHHH every transfer window, I dream of Tevez, Toni, DeRossi or Maschreano and we get oldies like Crespo and Viera, and overrated idiots like Ibrahimoshit.

Today?

Favorite Shahz Player: Maicon, Zanetti & Ibra.

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 08:43
In approx 50 mins the press confrence will occur

pablito
03 Jun 08, 08:52
i wish the bloke the best of luck, but i feel desperatly sorry for him.

he not only has to win the scudetto, but also the champions league, and if he fails at either one i expect nothing but hatefull rhetoric from all you fanboys.

Jonnie_Venom89
03 Jun 08, 09:07
Any Live Streams where we can watch the press conference?

shahz_nerazzurri
03 Jun 08, 09:07
30 mins.

Luka
03 Jun 08, 09:11
If some of you have the channel "Rai Sport Piu", there will be apparently presentation live.

Harmonyofdissonance
03 Jun 08, 09:12
http://www.skylife.it/html/skylife/sport/articolo/Calcio/SerieA_2007_2008/Inter/03-06-2008-presentazione-mourinho-appiano.html

Jonnie_Venom89
03 Jun 08, 09:19
http://www.skylife.it/html/skylife/sport/articolo/Calcio/SerieA_2007_2008/Inter/03-06-2008-presentazione-mourinho-appiano.html

do i have to have an account or something?...because ,besides the news i can't see where can I click to watch Sky Live:-??

Harmonyofdissonance
03 Jun 08, 09:24
http://www.skylife.it/html/skylife/sport/live/live_popup_sport.html

But i cant see anything up to now

Jonnie_Venom89
03 Jun 08, 09:25
http://www.skylife.it/html/skylife/sport/live/live_popup_sport.html

But i cant see anything up to now

Cheers brother:)

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 09:26
or inter channel

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=41439&L=it#

Harmonyofdissonance
03 Jun 08, 09:27
The skylink works perfectly for me now... cheers bros

alvaro
03 Jun 08, 09:33
I HAVE ARRIVED TO A SPECIAL SQUAD. :star:

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 09:36
woohoo hes speaking italiano!!

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 09:41
and pulling jokes :D

shahz_nerazzurri
03 Jun 08, 09:42
some body freakin translate what he is saying??

Ziyad
03 Jun 08, 09:42
I need to see this..ANy link other than Sky cuz for some reason it isnt working for me..

alvaro
03 Jun 08, 09:43
"I have arrived to a special club"
"I am very intelligent person"
-2-3 signings
-not big changes says he

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 09:43
zanetti called him up talked to him about inter etc

hes italian is really fluent just needs more practise!

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 09:47
Currently watching the press conference, very exciting, Mourinho already being a smart ass and said he first heard from Moratti after the Liverpool game.

Jonnie_Venom89
03 Jun 08, 09:48
Watching this it's like deja-vu....is this really happening:D ....GOD Damit Dream COME TRUE

brehme1989
03 Jun 08, 09:48
Yeahhh! I'm watching it on tv!!

He speaks very good Italian :D
And he made the journalists laugh :D

shahz_nerazzurri
03 Jun 08, 09:49
Currently watching the press conference, very exciting, Mourinho already being a smart ass and said he first heard from Moratti after the Liverpool game.

Tsssk tsssk. Thats so not gonna well with Mancini. When he is suing our club for more money.

brehme1989
03 Jun 08, 09:51
Is he making predictions about the CL now? :P

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 09:52
and that he wants the champions league and hes family is really happy in london

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 09:53
now there talking about the champions league final where chelsea lost

brehme1989
03 Jun 08, 09:54
Yeap, he made predictions about CL! He said that 11 teams have equal chances of winning it if I got it right ;)

brehme1989
03 Jun 08, 09:55
What was he asked now and he said possily not???

shahz_nerazzurri
03 Jun 08, 09:55
he looks really funny speaking Italian. maaa. lol

brehme1989
03 Jun 08, 09:57
Perhaps about the Euro? He talks about Materazzi coming after the 1st of July...

Hahahahahahaha!!! Lol at Mourinho now :lol:

One question in English he says, and he'll forget his NEW Italian if he speaks Portuguese as well...

Question is about if Inter is a bigger challenge, and if Essien, Lampard etc are to follow him

shahz_nerazzurri
03 Jun 08, 09:58
HAHAHAHAHA, a reporter asked him, if he is okay to ask him a couple of questions in English.
And he said, If I speak English, then you'll ask me in Portugese, and then I'll forget my Italian that I learned.

The reporter than asked, "just a couple of questins in English", and Jose goes, "no only one, not a couple" LOL

Too bad I can hear the english question, cause an italian guy is dubbing his voice over it.

brehme1989
03 Jun 08, 09:58
He seems to deny the rumours of the Chelsea players, I ike this!

If Chelsea wants to sell :D:D:D

brehme1989
03 Jun 08, 10:00
Why do you speak about Chelsea players? :lol: :lol:

Did he just say he likes Pirlo?:D

Jimmy
03 Jun 08, 10:00
Hah!

You can tell how Mourinho despise English journalists. :D However, I am in favour of that journalist, since that means I understand a thing or two. :P

brehme1989
03 Jun 08, 10:01
Question about Adriano now...

Nerazzurro
03 Jun 08, 10:05
"Io non sono pirla"

HAHAHAHA

Handoyo
03 Jun 08, 10:05
:cry:

I can only dream of watching the conference using this snail-like connection in Indonesia.

sladdi
03 Jun 08, 10:08
What did he say about Adriano (and Dunga), and what was the Pirlo reference about?

Harmonyofdissonance
03 Jun 08, 10:09
It s surreal.... Mou at Inter.... Oh my GOD

shahz_nerazzurri
This should be better than porn, for some people over here.

"I always tell me players that they're the best in the world. Starting from today our players are the best in the world."
"I appreciate Mancini but I'm different"

alvaro
What pirla means?

Handoyo
03 Jun 08, 10:10
What did he say about Adriano (and Dunga), and what was the Pirlo reference about?
I think it was not Pirlo but pirla.

According to Nerazzurri: "Io non sono pirla" = "I am not dumb"

And Shahz, wow, quit whining man.

Nerazzurro
03 Jun 08, 10:13
Why do you speak about Chelsea players? :lol: :lol:

Did he just say he likes Pirlo?:D

Pirla in Italian means idiot. Someone asked him how well would he see players like Lampard or Essien adapt in a game like the Italian one?

And he asked him: What are you trying to say?

Journalist: A sly way of asking if they're coming...

Mourinho: Well.... something something "Io non sono pirla"

NimAraya
03 Jun 08, 10:13
he looks really funny speaking Italian. maaa. lol

He looked funny even when he spoke english.

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 10:16
mourinho is a fukn smart cunt!

brehme1989
03 Jun 08, 10:17
I didn't hear well and thought he said something else that led to Pirlo :P (since they were talking about midfielders)

It was really fun, can't wait to read it on inter.it now :D

shahz_nerazzurri
03 Jun 08, 10:21
The english version of Inter.it would probably take like another 2 houras to post it. I gotta go to sleep, its 6.15am in the morning over here.

Channel 4 posted some of it, not all.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun3e.html

Alex de Large
03 Jun 08, 10:31
http://images.gazzetta.it/Hermes%20Foto/2008/06/03/0K1VTI0R--346x212.jpg
http://images.gazzetta.it/Hermes%20Foto/2008/06/03/0K1VTC1P--346x212.jpg

Master Inter
03 Jun 08, 10:32
:cry:

I can only dream of watching the conference using this snail-like connection in Indonesia.
Same as you han
my connection is like a sh**

patrick
03 Jun 08, 10:33
Now he says that even though everyone thinks he is arrogant, he claims that it is all because of his concentration towards the match. He said that he is totally differents outside of football.

Luka
03 Jun 08, 10:37
This guy is a freek. He speaks like Don Corleone there. He learned italian so quick...

He had to be really angry at how English media were laughing at his english, and he put a lot of effort to learn italian pretty well.

BTW the part when Jose told a english journalist that he is allowed to ask him only one question, not a couple was a blast :D

The same as telling if he will speak other language he will forget his italian LOL :)

Also, someone said it will be different in Inter, when it comes to taking pressure of players, because in Italy he won't be like that, because press will still be interested in players.

LOL at that. They were about to do press conference indors, but when they realised how many journalists, camera crews came, they had to make a conference outdors in a tent.

Yeah, press will be for sure not interested in him :P

i wish the bloke the best of luck, but i feel desperatly sorry for him.

he not only has to win the scudetto, but also the champions league, and if he fails at either one i expect nothing but hatefull rhetoric from all you fanboys.
You are very, very wrong. At least in my case, but I think in most of the cases anyway.

Ehsan
03 Jun 08, 10:40
"Inter are here to win"

Mourinho is: "I arrived in a special club, I never forgot to be a great coach"

Italian almost perfect - dark suit, blue shirt and - unlike his usual - with the tie kept the large collar sbottonato, Mourinho was presented before an audience of about a hundred of journalists and TV operators, seated alongside his Deputy Beppe Baresi, technical director Marco Branca and the managing director Ernesto Paolillo.
Immediately started the succession of questions that said the former coach of Chelsea, "I do not want to respond in Portuguese because then I forget my Italian.

The first words in nerazzurro - "First of all compliments for the Scudetto was very important to everyone. From this moment are the biggest fan dell'Inter why is my life, working for this club and for these fans, bring the my passion and I hope to make all the fans happy.
The dell'Inter new coach, Jose Mourinho, the microphones' Inter Channel ', so he wanted to greet fans nerazzurri.

Special comparison - "I arrived in a special club and the coach becomes one of the most ù. I never forgot to think of being a great coach, but here I want to be Jose Mourihno, with its great passion for football ".

With these words, Mourinho was presented in its first day by technical dell'Inter.
"I always thought that I would like to work in Italy and if possible in a large company - has continued to coach the Portuguese - and the Inter gave me the opportunity to work in this country calcisticamente fantastic. 'A very important challenge and for you too will believe fun. "

Issues market - "Reading the newspapers it seems that I intend to work with 60 players, but I work with 21 players plus three portieri. It seems that all players want to go all'Inter, and all managers believe that Inter will be the king of market this summer. It is not true, the team is a good team, I did not need a dramatic change. "
No revolution, but only a few targeted graft.
He assured, an Italian almost perfect, the new coach dell'Inter for the first time the Italian press.

"My players" - "I think I, but we think everyone in society - explained Mourinho - that we need two to three players to improve and be more competitive. Even I want the opportunity to change the football philosophy. All coaches are different. But I think that at most 3 players used to do a different job. "
"From this moment I want to talk about the players dell'Inter as' my players' - he added -. This is a message for them: I like the group, I like the mentality of the team. I have great confidence in this group."
"For me - said the technician Portuguese - will be difficult to wait until July 15 because I have a great desire to work with them."

Winning always - "I want to begin a cycle with the same team last year plus two or three new players": said the new coach dell'Inter José Mourinho during his press conference presentation.
"The team will remain more or less than last year, but I think differently from Roberto (Mancini, editor's note) - continued Mourinho + -. This far as to be a criticism, because it is normal that if for example Roberto goes to Chelsea , There would change things. I work well, I always had a strong relationship with the players and will always be so. "
"Given the titles that I have behind, the natural consequence will come back to win something important - added the new coach nerazzurro -. I have always said that my players are the best in the world: I did when allenavo a small team , I did at Porto and then to Chelsea. Now the best in the world are players dell'Inter. "

Objective Europe - Mourinho has spoken of plans dell'Inter for the Champions League: " 'the dream of all. There are, I believe, eleven teams who want to win it next year. Three Italian companies, four British, one German and three Spanish Because we also put Atletico Madrid. I call it competition to detail, because those are often make the difference in Champions. Once I won this competition twice and I arrived in the semifinal, I think I have a tendency to do well this kind of tournament. I am confident. I also have an experience of different cultures football, having worked in Portugal and England, and I think that there is also need this, it helps from a tactical to face certain games. Then the differences will the details. But the Internet is one of those eleven teams. "

The background after Liverpool - Mourinho has revealed then that it had received the first call dall'Inter "after the second game against Liverpool." "But it was not decided anything - he added. I have only begun to learn Italian. Spoken already good Spanish and is not difficult to learn. Yesterday I spoke with Zanetti on the phone and told me that in a month of training and dressing room, you will not be difficult to speak good English. "
After explained that his family will reach the Milan "because the family is the most important thing for me and comes before football."

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 10:41
sentendo mourinho e subito dopo branca sono emersi e seguenti punti

1) mourinho non è un pirla http://www.interfans.org/forum/images/smilies/asd.gif

2)l'inter avrà 24 giocatori

3)mourihno ha chiesto al massimo 2 o al limite 3 giocatori

4)branca ha detto ceh non saranno 1 per ruolo, quindi un settore della squadra non verrà toccato

5)mourinho ha detto che con lui gioca "solo" chi lavora e non c'è spazio per i pigri e che andra in brasile per parlare con adriano, che voglia farlo rinascere?

Luka
03 Jun 08, 10:44
Not the only ones, but rather 2 of them ;)

He said:

"Why? Two reasons:"

That's clearly not one of the few.

Agreed, and as I said earlier in the Mancini thraed he has no one but himself to blame for this one!

100% agreed.

Again I agree that we were poor when it mattered. Yet I also believe lady luck wasn't on ur side when we nedded it most. And believe me you need a large portion of that if you want to win the C.L

Again 100% agreed. Luck is a big factor in a CL. But if you fail, and you do it in a very very bad way, for 4 years straight, then this is a good time to question if luck is the problem here.

I'm with my friend. Surely Moratti is no Berlusconi. I just hope they are both on the same page. Because the last thing we need is such internal problems. So I'll try and remain positive. ;)

I think todays conference answered that conern.

[COLOR=white][FONT=Verdana]Well, at the end of the day it's all about numbers. And no matter what we say, no one can deny the fact that Mancini has done a damn good job with us. And that regardless of how mediocre we have played in the latter part of his stay – because if you exclude our C.L failures domestically we have done extremely well.

If you exclude CL, and if you'll look only at number, I agree. Bu if you do that, it is also fair to acknolege other facts. I know this is highly unpopular topic, but we did win our second scudetto with only Roma as a real contender.

And as I said, numbers are not everything. Our locker room was disharmoned since Liverpool ties, and it was getting worse and worse. This couldn't continued.

Anyhow, the press conference tomorrow should be a joy o listen to! ;)
Sure was :)

patrick
03 Jun 08, 10:44
he says that balotelli when he becomes 20 years old will be the best player in the world

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 10:45
He only wants 24 players while at the moment we have 27

only likely i see gone is

burdisso
Cesar
Dacourt
Solari
Suazo
possibly loan pele or baloltelli

so only about 2-3 players he will buy

and he says he will sign 3 players

patrick
03 Jun 08, 10:48
Asked: Who learned you the word PIRLA
Mou: Il mio profesore... lol

NimAraya
03 Jun 08, 10:49
Enjoy your first moments here. At first place everything is just beautiful!

patrick
03 Jun 08, 10:50
Enjoy your first moments here. At first place everything is just beautiful!

Didn't you like the press conference?

Luka
03 Jun 08, 10:52
He doesn't like for Inter to be better. So just leave him like that.

I look forward to bring all those comments in couple of years, just like we did after Zlatan started to play amazing football, in couple of years, if it will turn out that we were right all along.

Alessandro
03 Jun 08, 10:53
The first of many interesting press conferences...

patrick
03 Jun 08, 10:55
He doesn't like for Inter to be better. So just leave him like that.

I look forward to bring all those comments in couple of years, just like we did after Zlatan started to play amazing football, in couple of years, if it will turn out that we were right all along.

That is what I guessed about him. If he personaly doesn't like him, I would say better wait couple of months and you'll eat your words.

Alessandro
03 Jun 08, 10:56
Can anyone tell me what his response was to the question regarding Adriano?

NimAraya
03 Jun 08, 10:57

he didn't come here to do press confrences. It's not everything. Let's see what he's capable to do here!

And no answer to Luka, because he just wanna divert things.

rockball
03 Jun 08, 10:59
Tsssk tsssk. Thats so not gonna well with Mancini. When he is suing our club for more money.

That is really good. So Moratti didn't speak to him in Jan as said by Mancini but only after Liverpool when Mancini cracked up.

Puma
03 Jun 08, 10:59
I hope that it will be posted on youtube or that I will get a chance to see it because I missed everything. On all accounts, from the various different posts, it sounded like an interesting and funny press conference.

patrick
03 Jun 08, 11:01
he didn't come here to do press confrences. It's not everything. Let's see what he's capable to do here!

And no answer to Luka, because he just wanna divert things.

So what's the problem with you. I know he came here to be the coach, but the first day with him was more than pleasure.

So you question his coaching abilities than? I would suggest you to research a little bit about his history and success

Luka
03 Jun 08, 11:15
Mourinho's message for the fans.

APPIANO GENTILE - Jose' Mourinho greeted his new fans through Inter Channel on his arrival at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti this morning. He said: "First of all compliments for winning the Scudetto, which was very important. From now on I am Inter's biggest fan because this club is my life. I want to work for this great club and bring my great passion for football, to make all the Nerazzurri fans happy."

Handoyo
03 Jun 08, 11:18
Mourinho's presentation

http://www.zshare.net/download/1304031294b6c4ff/

Credit: Toone

NimAraya
03 Jun 08, 11:23
So what's the problem with you. I know he came here to be the coach, but the first day with him was more than pleasure.

So you question his coaching abilities than? I would suggest you to research a little bit about his history and success

Ok Boss! And u get off the illusion of him being ur Jesus Christ.

Interista nr.1
03 Jun 08, 11:24

I wish Mourinho all luck. He's now part of Inter family. I hope help Inter win many important trophies.
But no matter what coach you get, there is no guarantee that he will have succes. Yes its bigger chances that he have success because he did good in the past, but you never know. That's what is exciting about football.
One more time, thanks Mancio. Welcome Mourinho.

Marcello
03 Jun 08, 11:43
http://www.inter.it/aas/img/107212-480.jpg

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/107213-480.jpg

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/107214.jpg

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/107215-480.jpg

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/107216-480.jpg

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/107217-480.jpg

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/107218-480.jpg

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/107219-480.jpg

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/107220-480.jpg

It Begins

This guy is the sex mate

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81378423.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC6A57869CE484B9F6 E30A760B0D811297

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/81378441.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CCCC115CBACDF449D8 E30A760B0D811297
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81378446.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC53D83BF2C0AF2A8A E30A760B0D811297
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/81378452.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CCA3318EE6B6DF9B82 E30A760B0D811297
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81378563.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC2D3A247799F6CFEA E30A760B0D811297
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81378567.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC5483193B4EE8B09A E30A760B0D811297
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81378568.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CCE16CFB437B71F5ED E30A760B0D811297
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/81378569.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CCA6A6AFE9AF568901 E30A760B0D811297

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81378646.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC385820EEC9CD437C E30A760B0D811297
Baresi & Mourinho (Assistant and Manager)

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/81378654.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC71F29B624D1DD6F6 E30A760B0D811297

He has a new friend now http://fbtz.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/81378658.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CCD2E00F2C45B3076C E30A760B0D811297

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81378723.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CCE368B02A1639F74E E30A760B0D811297
Beware Europe ..Were Coming

Handoyo
03 Jun 08, 11:46
OK, something weird, his watch is the same brand as my parents'. :D (Richard Mille)

lonewolf19
03 Jun 08, 12:06
Grande Mourinho!!!

nutcracker
03 Jun 08, 12:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM9kotjf08

Luka
03 Jun 08, 12:08
I just checked interfans.org, and pretty much everybody(that also includes the oposition to firing Mancio) are very, very impressed with the press conference. Saying things like, that they were afraid of the change, but after the press conference, they are not anymore, and are very exciting of the coming season.

Another thing. From what I've read and understood(?), Jose told Inter channel, that SuperMario has great future in the game, and said couple of nice things about him. Conclusion: Mario will definetly stay. He mentioned too, that player has no age, only quality.

Other important thing, he said he likes to play wide using wings. That is another indication about 4-3-3. Seems Quaresma is almost sure to come.

And 2-3 players ONLY. Now I wonder what thins all those people, who said countless times, that Jose buys every year sh1t loads of players, and he will do revolution at Inter if he comes?

2-3 players. I bet one of them is Quaresma. The other 2, I think it is one central midfielder, and 1 attacker. Essien/Lampard, and Eto'o/Drogba. I think one of the 2 will come.

Also someone wrote, that some paper/media/journalist counted, that Jose will be cheaper in the end. Because of his staff. He will earn more by himself than Mancio, but if you count his staff and Mancios staff, in the end the total will be smaller.

lonewolf19
03 Jun 08, 12:11
Mourinho's message for the fans
Tuesday, 03 June 2008 12:33:49

APPIANO GENTILE - Jose' Mourinho greeted his new fans through Inter Channel on his arrival at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti this morning. He said: "First of all compliments for winning the Scudetto, which was very important. From now on I am Inter's biggest fan because this club is my life. I want to work for this great club and bring my great passion for football, to make all the Nerazzurri fans happy."

alvaro
03 Jun 08, 12:30
Other important thing, he said he likes to play wide using wings. That is another indication about 4-3-3. Seems Quaresma is almost sure to come.

And 2-3 players ONLY. Now I wonder what thins all those people, who said countless times, that Jose buys every year sh1t loads of players, and he will do revolution at Inter if he comes?

2-3 players. I bet one of them is Quaresma. The other 2, I think it is one central midfielder, and 1 attacker. Essien/Lampard, and Eto'o/Drogba. I think one of the 2 will come.

So let's assume we buy only 3 new players, getting only one winger but still playing with 4-3-3. Does that mean Zlatan is going to play on left wing? Interesting to see how it works out if thats the case...

-----Ibrahimovic-Drogba-Quaresma-------
---------------Lampard-----------------
-----------Zanetti-Cambiasso-----------
----Maxwell-Samuel-Cordoba-Maicon-----
----------------J.Cesar------------------

cloudq
03 Jun 08, 12:34
The first famous phrase... 'I'm not dumb,' Mourinho told the Italian press

Khalifa
03 Jun 08, 12:39
we must really give big props to Moratti on this...this decision took balls!

Luka
03 Jun 08, 12:41
So let's assume we buy only 3 new players, getting only one winger but still playing with 4-3-3. Does that mean Zlatan is going to play on left wing? Interesting to see how it works out if thats the case...

-----Ibrahimovic-Drogba-Quaresma-------
---------------Lampard-----------------
-----------Zanetti-Cambiasso-----------
----Maxwell-Samuel-Cordoba-Maicon-----
----------------J.Cesar------------------
Well if I could chose I would take Essien, Quaresma, and one of the two Eto'o/Drogba, doesn't matter to me who actualy. Drogba would be better fit as a last man in the line-up, but in the same time Eto'o has more future in him, and has other qualities.

I would say this:

----------------- J. Cesar -----------------

--- Maicon -- Samuel --- Chivu -- Maxwell ---

------- J.Zanetti - Esteban - Essien ---------

---- Ibrahimovic -------------- Quaresma ---

---------------- Eto'o/Drogba --------------

I think that is what Jose will try to do here. It could be Lampard instead of Essien there, and Ibrahimovic could play as a striker, and Eto'o on a wing. But I think this is very close, to what we will see next season.

we must really give big props to Moratti on this...this decision took balls!
Definetly. MM did great job, and he lived up to our expectations about this issues.

NimAraya
03 Jun 08, 12:41
WHat a strange combination of these two new faces. It's kinda hard to see the young coaching stuff being replaced by an old man and a new one. Totally unfit to this team.

tonyloo
03 Jun 08, 12:47
Branca Closes The Door On Eto'o And Drogba

Inter transfer consultant, Marco Branca, insists that Jose Mourinho will not be signing any strikers and thus he has closed the door on both Didier Drogba and Samuel Eto'o moving to San Siro.

Mourinho was unveiled to the press on Tuesday morning as he begins his new adventure with the Nerazzurri.

Reports in Italy claimed the former Porto coach would be getting rid of certain players to make room for some of his former Chelsea players to come in.

However, Branca admits that the Nerazzurri will not be buying a striker and so they have closed the door on Samuel Eto’o as well as Didier Drogba who have constantly been linked with a move to San Siro.

“Mourinho has not asked for any strikers,” said Branca.

“Those coming in will only be a few because we already have a great side.

“He has not asked us for any major signings and so it will be perhaps just two or three players.

“I think it will be better to for him to have everyone ready for the squad re-union.”

The advisor also confirmed that Inter will not be selling Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Christian Chivu and Mario Balotelli.

“If any one asks for these three players then we will tell them that they are not for sale,” said Branca.

The Nerazzurri will be hoping to achieve European glory next season and there is speculation that the ‘Special One’ will be keen on landing Frank Lampard from Chelsea as he tries to put together a strong enough squad which will all but gurantee him success on the European stage.

The drunk dane will not be happy

Asperiini1
03 Jun 08, 12:50
and this is so good news. Why to get new strikers that we have good striker power. As mourinho knows that we lack of creativity. Mourinho also know that ibra, adri, balotelli can be so good if they get the change to score. We saw that at last game of last year.

We only need creativity.

Alessandro
03 Jun 08, 12:50
This is great news for Adriano and SuperMario... I got a feeling that Suazo will be loaned out or even sold... Trade deal of some sought...

NimAraya
03 Jun 08, 12:56
This is great news for Adriano and SuperMario... I got a feeling that Suazo will be loaned out or even sold... Trade deal of some sought...

Good thing about the transfer that should never happened at first place.

brehme1989
03 Jun 08, 13:33
I predict Essien and Quaresma and maybe a center back like Zapata to come. I don't think Mourinho would want someone else. He may like Diego as well, but it would seem that Quaresma is in pole position.

As for those leaving:
Materazzi
Dacourt
Solari
Cesar
Suazo

If Adriano does not perform, expect a striker to be signed in January.

Shafs
03 Jun 08, 13:34
Couldn't agree more, we need creativity, i just hope he keeps Jimenez.

Aleksandar
03 Jun 08, 13:37
what about Deki,nobody mentions him,is he leaving ? :)

Henry14KingForever
03 Jun 08, 13:39
Half a billion should do it.

cloudq
03 Jun 08, 13:54
plan A:
essien
quaresma
diego

-----------------------JC-----------------------
------------------------------------------------
-------------cordoba--------samuel-------------
maicon-------------------------------------chivu
---------essien------cambiasso------zanetti-----
-----------------------diego--------------------
--------------quaresma-------------------------
-----------------------------ibra----------------

maicon, chivu up and down flanks...

essien, cambiasso going box to box

diego drifting into the hole

quaresma drifting wide

ibra drifting left (like he does)

i play too much FM

lonewolf19
03 Jun 08, 13:56
Mourinho: "A new era starts today"
Tuesday, 03 June 2008 14:38:54

APPIANO GENTILE - Inter's new coach José Mourinho was unveiled to the press on Tuesday in a press conference at the training ground. This is what he had to say:

Mr Mourinho, you described yourself as 'special' when you became coach of Chelsea in 2004, and they called you 'The Special One'. What do you want to be called now?
"Mourinho. I have arrived at a special club, and when a club is like this the coach becomes an extra person. I'm not forgetting that I'm a great coach, but I don't want to be special. José Mourinho hasn't changed. He's the same person with the same ambition, the same motivations, and with a great passion for football. He has always wanted to coach in Italy, possibly at a great club. Inter have given me the opportunity to work in a great footballing nation like Italy. This is a very important challenge for me and I have to thank the managers present here, in particular Marco Branca, for choosing me. It will be fun for you too."

What did president Moratti ask of you at the start of your new adventure with the Nerazzurri?
"The president asked me to be José Mourinho, which means working with great passion, with great empathy with all the fans, the players and the club. We must begin a new cycle. A cycle with a great coach in Roberto Mancini has just ended, but we turn the page now. It's a new life for the club and all of Inter. I have great respect for the work done by a great coach like Mancini, but I am José Mourinho. I have different methods and a different philosophy. I work with passion and motivation. I have always had strong relationships with the players and I'm sure that after a few weeks we will be able to talk about a strong relationship with my new players. I believe that sporting results are the logical consequence of who works well. I am sure I will work very well. I'm expecting positive results and entertaining football. I am highly motivated, I'm happy to be in Italy and at a great club like Inter. Like I said, Mourinho is the coach of a special club."

Do you think it will be necessary to change many elements of the current Inter squad?
From what I have read in the press all over the world - not just in Italy and Portugal - it seems as if I have come to coach a team with a squad of 70 players. This isn't good. I want to work in a team of 20-21 players plus the goalkeepers. I think that every player in the world wants to play for Inter, and that every president wants to sell players to Inter. I like the players in my squad and I don't need to make radical changes. For myself and the management, the team just needs due or three players to improve and be even more competitive. I want the chance to change things a bit because I don't know any coach who has the same ideas as another. But I didn't like what I read about me not liking some of the players in the squad, and that I want to buy all the best players in Europe. This is not true. I have a clear message that I want to transmit to my players. From now on I want to talk about them as my players. I want to tell all of them that I like the squad and I have faith in them. I have seen a lot of Inter's matches during the season and I appreciated the team's mentality. It's hard for me to wait until mid-July to start."

Mourinho: "My players are the best"
Tuesday, 03 June 2008 15:24:04

APPIANO GENTILE - Part two of José Mourinho's presentation press conference:

Your command of Italian has surprised us. Have you been studying Italian for long?
"I understand your question well. You want to know when Inter contacted me for the first time. I like telling the truth and the truth is that Inter contacted me for the first time the day after the second match against Liverpool, but nothing had been decided then. I hadn't started studying Italian then, only three weeks ago. It's a neo-Latin language like Spanish and Portuguese, so it was easier. The articles and verb tenses are hard, but the words are similar. It's just a matter of practice and getting used to it, I don't think it will be hard to learn your language. I have spoken with captain Zanetti on the phone. He has a long experience and he told me that just a few weeks of work are needed to best understand the language of a football team."

Do you think Italian football is the best in the world at the moment?
"Italian football is the most important and it keeps improving. I always say what I think and I can say that the Serie A isn't currently the best championship in the world. When you hear it said that the strongest teams want to improve, Inter want to improve too, and it is in this way that Serie A will return to the top levels. This is a further motivation for me and I want to be an extra person because this isn't a job done by one person, but by many. I think this is an ambition and responsibility of everybody, including the press and the whole movement, the referees, the players, the coaches and the managers. I want to make my contribution. Inter is a team that won the last championship well because it played good football for most of the season, apart from the last two or three months. They always presented themselves as a psychologically strong team and this helped them win the Scudetto."

Do you think your squad can win in your first season as coach of Inter?
"I think the results will come because it's the natural consequence of the work done. I always say that my players are the best in the world. I said it when I coached a small club, when I coached Porto, and when I coached Chelsea, and from now on the best players in the world are those of Inter. We can reach positive results by working together. I have won twelve trophies in the last six seasons and I think that I can win something important here too."

AntonTheGreat
03 Jun 08, 13:58
classsy dude. Mourinho already winning me over with his press conferences.

Quali giocatori del Chelsea vorrebbe portare con se a Milano?

"Preferisco non parlare dei giocatori del Chelsea".

Avrebbe difficoltà un giocatore con le caratteristiche di Frank Lampard a inserirsi nel calcio italiano?
"Perché vuole parlare dei giocatori del Chelsea"?

Perché è un modo furbo di farle la stessa domanda.

"Eh, lo so. Ma io non sono un pirla...".

Forza ragazzi
03 Jun 08, 14:16
"I think I have a tendency to do well this kind of tournament."

:D This guy is amazing.

Mustafa
03 Jun 08, 14:29
Finally we have a good coach, and hope he will get us some young (under 25) quality players

P.S. I'm back on forum after long time :)

Enricos
03 Jun 08, 14:31
Finally we have a good coach, and hope he will get us some young (under 25) quality players

P.S. I'm back on forum after long time :)

It has been a while indeed !

Welcome back :)

Mustafa
03 Jun 08, 14:44
It has been a while indeed !

Welcome back :)

I think it was about 1 year and a half, if not more than that :)

thomas_inter
03 Jun 08, 15:00
Quaresma said he wants inter and is ready to move here :) !!!

If Mourinho makes it happen :)

and Essien would be sweet too... Diarra is just way way over priced

Who are what is your source my friend?
I would love to have him at inter, behind the strikers or on the wings, although I think behind the strikers is a better place for him.

Alessandro
03 Jun 08, 15:16
I read this also... But on tribal... Not a reliable source...

Luka
03 Jun 08, 16:02
Branca Closes The Door On Eto'o And Drogba

“Mourinho has not asked for any strikers,” said Branca.

Jose reads my mind. Seriously. It's too good to be true.

Just like I wrote in the middle of the march :)

I think if Jose will come, we will be looking at 1 striker up front tactic set up.

We have to line to the modern style of play.

It's how the top teams are playing at the moment, at least more of them. 1 striker up front, and also the more he can do something with the ball the better, and a adventorous midfield build with 5 players, where at least 3 out of them can both attack and decently deffend.

If Jose will come, I see us doing that stuff. It's just the natural evolution that got the footie lately. Not so long ago it was mostly 2 clinical strikers up front, then 1 striker, and 1 supporting striker, and now mostly 1 striker, who can also be involved in build-up play, and packed midfield.

If that will be the case, we won't be seeing any revolution in our front department. Ibra, and then Adriano, Suazo, and maybe Balotelli to bring more options for us, that's how I look at it.

But... if that how things will turn out, we will be looking at some decent injection in the offensive midfield compartment. We are good with deffensive midfielders, we all know that. What we lack are offensive midfielders for this formation, mostly wingers.

It will be fun, to see our team change the style of play again. It's the right moment, we all see that most of the opposition teams know how to play against us now, with Mancio doing nothing about it.

Fingers crossed... (Jose)

achilles
03 Jun 08, 16:22
He only wants 24 players while at the moment we have 27

only likely i see gone is

burdisso
Cesar
Dacourt
Solari
Suazo
possibly loan pele or baloltelli

so only about 2-3 players he will buy

and he says he will sign 3 players

What about Stankovic? I honestly think Suazo is more likely to stay than Stankovic.

Suazo has that different style of play that will come in handy if we change formation or tactics (which is sure to happen).

Too bad about Dacourt, he still has a lot left in him.

I hope Jimenez, Rivas, Pele, and Balotelli get the chance to grow under Mourinho. I have to say, I think all 4 of those kids can go REAL FAR. Jimenez is very good around goal, needs to improve his midfield abilities (makes sense, he was more of a striker when he first arrived). Rivas is a great physical player, more experience and he is replacing Cordoba in 2 years. Pele, what a cannon for a leg. Keep learning from the likes of Esteban, Patrick and Javier, this kid could turn out to be a hell of a midfielder for us.

Super Mario, we all know the score with this kid! As long as it doesn't entirely go to his head, he is gonna be great!

UhUhOleguer
03 Jun 08, 16:40
Just wanted to step by and congratulate you on signing Jose. The Special One finally coaches a Special Club...match made in heaven! Wish you lots of success...hopefully he will fulfill Moratti's and the fans wishes...

Forza Mou! Forza Inter!!!

Cro Nerazzurro
03 Jun 08, 16:49
First of all, I like everything he said, everything that inter.it english version wrote.
Now lets wait and see his buyings, and ideas. I like that 21+keepers squad too.
Its all goooooood

Did he say anything about Adri?

Karim
03 Jun 08, 16:53
Good decsion, we have too much who are desperate to prove themselves

good move

achilles
03 Jun 08, 16:56
Quaresma arrives, and we will also need a left footed player, another midfielder. I don't know if Lampard is the right man. He will be a good mercenary, we may as well bring him in. But the language barrier, I hope is not a problem.

Maybe a central defender, to make up for Burdisso and Matrix likely departure. Isn't Fatic from the youth team decent? Or is it too much responsibility?

Luka
03 Jun 08, 17:44
First of all, I like everything he said, everything that inter.it english version wrote.
Now lets wait and see his buyings, and ideas. I like that 21+keepers squad too.
Its all goooooood

Did he say anything about Adri?
Yes he did quite a lot.

I'm still waiting for english translation on inter.it, but from what I understood he will go on 18th of june to the Brasil-Argentina game, and the performance of Adriano in this game will be a huge part in Joses decision about Adriano.

M.Adnan
03 Jun 08, 17:53
Wingers..

I'm guessing Figo and Quaresma on the right side.

What about the left wingers? :confused:

Ilkinio
03 Jun 08, 17:55
Wingers..

I don't think that it's Ibra.. He is too slow to be winger..

Alex de Large
03 Jun 08, 17:55
1 winger.

Madrid plays with Diarra-Sneijder-Guti in midfield and up one winger (Robinho or Robben) and 2 strikers.
That winger could play on both sides. We need 2 DM, one offensive midfielder and 2 strikers, thats for sure.

J zanetti
03 Jun 08, 18:33
Interesting poll in the guardian today (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/poll/2008/jun/02/1) ;)

Great words from the special one. I can’t wait to get home and watch the press conference!
I’m extremely delighted that he has studied our players for a while and agrees that no major changes are required.
2-3 new players I can totally live with – such numbers are always expected when a new season starts – so nothing to do with change of coaching staff.

Further having read Branca’s comments regarding Drogba and Eto’o and the fact that we are not after them also means that I’m much calmer now. That despite the fact that I think Eto’o is a great player. However frankly speaking we have enough firepower upfront so no need for improvement in that front.

Finally it’s great to see how he already is referring to our players as being the best and so forth. The guy is a genius when it comes to the psychological aspect of the game. Probably the best one when it comes to take pressure of his players and one of the few who knows how to keep them motivated at all times. ;)

Richard Philly
03 Jun 08, 18:37
There is a reason inter signed Jimenez 2 weeks ago. Jose ASKED the to give Jumeniez a contract. Jimenez is going to be very important.

I am not sure about Figo. I thought Jose may want him to stay, but with the 21 player rule, it is easy to say good bye to Figo.

Deco? perhaps!

Azzkikr
03 Jun 08, 18:52
There is a reason inter signed Jimenez 2 weeks ago. Jose ASKED the to give Jumeniez a contract. Jimenez is going to be very important.

That never happened, it was a Tuttosport report/rumour/whatever, Jimenez was never officially signed. Or atleast its never been made official.

So its more likely the other way around, Mourinho wanting to have look at him first.

Luka
03 Jun 08, 18:52
Grande Jose! His conference and his words were great. Showing his confidence, determination. We really snapped a gem here, who is perfect for Inter. I bet on that.

Some great quotes, that haven't been translated yet at inter.it.

"I think in this situation Crespo could be my friend, so as to pass a message: those who work hard play, who does not work does not play. In this situation Crespo knows perfectly well that I am a coach honest with my players. It's very easy to work with me, but it can also become very difficult. It will be easy for those who puts the team before himself, it will be difficult for all the lazy who do not want to work in teams'."

Honest, as always:

"I think that in modern football is almost impossible to win everything"

Tell us three words that give the idea of un'Inter that can still win?
"Three values... Forgetting what have been won. This is now history."

"It will be difficult but I want to have the same passion with the tiffosi dell'Inter. I want to have the same relationship with the players and I want to bring joy all'Inter, in the same manner in which I brought to all my teams. ".

Absolutely amazing conference, and all the words and opinions of Jose.

One more thing. I believe in this 2-3 players, as Jose said Inter has a strong squad, before he came to Inter, and it's what he requested at Chelsea in last 2 seasons. He is not a person that people project, as someone who year after year wants to change much in the team.

I can't wait for the SuperCoppa now.

And last... a real gem of todays conference :)

wwxWweZSrUY

This guy is amazing.

Aleksandar
03 Jun 08, 19:45

wwxWweZSrUY

This guy is amazing.

hahahahahaha that was funny,it will be interesting at press conferences :D
In the Interview he also had good words for Mancini :D
Can somebody post the whole press-conference? :)

tonyloo
03 Jun 08, 19:58
Branca.

"Obviously I can't reveal any names yet, but there's already a list of players we've made up together," he said. "A player each for the defence, midfield, and attack? I don't think so. He didn't ask us any strikers."

"Certainly there's a list of players who are our top priority, and for those we will do what we can without doing anything crazy," he said. "Mourinho is someone who knows a lot about football, so he knows that problems can come up on the transfer market. He asks for collaboration but does not put pressure on anyone."

Branca then talked about the players who will certainly stay: "[Goalkeeper Francesco] Toldo will certainly stay, if someone asks us for [striker Mario] Balotelli we'll say he's unsellable and the same goes for [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic and [Christian] Chivu. [Luis] Figo's renewal? We'll see about that next week."

Aleksandar
03 Jun 08, 20:00
Branca.

"Obviously I can't reveal any names yet, but there's already a list of players we've made up together," he said. "A player each for the defence, midfield, and attack? I don't think so. He didn't ask us any strikers."

"Certainly there's a list of players who are our top priority, and for those we will do what we can without doing anything crazy," he said. "Mourinho is someone who knows a lot about football, so he knows that problems can come up on the transfer market. He asks for collaboration but does not put pressure on anyone."

Branca then talked about the players who will certainly stay: "[Goalkeeper Francesco] Toldo will certainly stay, if someone asks us for [striker Mario] Balotelli we'll say he's unsellable and the same goes for [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic and [Christian] Chivu. [Luis] Figo's renewal? We'll see about that next week."so nothing about deki?

Suneet
03 Jun 08, 20:50
He hasnt lost his humour in Italian. :D

Put him in La Grande already :P

Forza ragazzi
03 Jun 08, 21:39
It's still hard to believe. I have a fear that something will come up forcing a split-up between Mourinho and Inter. Can't help it :D

Karim
03 Jun 08, 22:06
Wingers..

Quaresma plays on both wings just fine, provided that he comes of course :D

crzdcolombian
03 Jun 08, 22:16
Figo is going to be our posion this season I see much like Matrix was last season

Interista nr.1
03 Jun 08, 22:45
Grande Jose! His conference and his words were great. Showing his confidence, determination. We really snapped a gem here, who is perfect for Inter. I bet on that.

Some great quotes, that haven't been translated yet at inter.it.

"I think in this situation Crespo could be my friend, so as to pass a message: those who work hard play, who does not work does not play. In this situation Crespo knows perfectly well that I am a coach honest with my players. It's very easy to work with me, but it can also become very difficult. It will be easy for those who puts the team before himself, it will be difficult for all the lazy who do not want to work in teams'."

Honest, as always:

"I think that in modern football is almost impossible to win everything"

Tell us three words that give the idea of un'Inter that can still win?
"Three values... Forgetting what have been won. This is now history."

"It will be difficult but I want to have the same passion with the tiffosi dell'Inter. I want to have the same relationship with the players and I want to bring joy all'Inter, in the same manner in which I brought to all my teams. ".

Absolutely amazing conference, and all the words and opinions of Jose.

One more thing. I believe in this 2-3 players, as Jose said Inter has a strong squad, before he came to Inter, and it's what he requested at Chelsea in last 2 seasons. He is not a person that people project, as someone who year after year wants to change much in the team.

I can't wait for the SuperCoppa now.

wwxWweZSrUY

This guy is amazing.

Yea ofcourse I think he's good coach. How good with Inter, we'll have to wait and see... But this things he said, every normal coach in the world knows this, what's so special? "Those who work hard will play" - that quote is amazing for you? I bet even if you saw Mourinho shit, you would say "Oh how special his crap is, amazing smell".

Alex de Large
03 Jun 08, 22:52
Amazing is the half of things he say, normal coaches don't say, and they say the typical BS, "i love this league, i want to win bla bla bla"

Khalifa
03 Jun 08, 23:40
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/06/03/mourinho_well_suited_to_tempes.html

snake
04 Jun 08, 02:09
he says that balotelli when he becomes 20 years old will be the best player in the world

No. What he actually said was, Balotelli's objective is to try and be the best player in the world under 20 in the next 2 years. And then to be the best player in the world under 23 in the next 5 years.

He says in his mind, he chose Baresi as his man but didnt tell anybody(he is 'very very happy' with him). Then when the execuitives mentioned him he accepted and said it was a good sign that the club is thinking the same way.

He says Roberto Mancini now has a place in Inter's history, and now he wants to do the same. Saying he wants to become very close with the fans and the club like he did at Chelsea. Do your thang Curva Nord.

He says he wants Matrix to come late to pre season, because it means that Italy did well in the Euro. And although he supports Portugal, Italy is now his second team. It also shows Matrix should stay, as a reserve hopefully. What more could you want from our idolo.

He says he loves Chelsea, but if we meet. He doesnt even know them.

Adriano and Crespo? His going to Brazil to see Brazil Vs Argentina which should give him a chance to speak and see the players, in particular Adriano's fom. He sais all players are in the same situaiton though.

Those who work hard get a game, those who dont work - dont play. In this situation Crespo knows perfectly well that I am a coach who is honest with my players.

It's very easy to work with me, but it can also become very difficult. It will be easy for those who put the team before themselves, but it will also be difficult for all those lazy who do not want to work for the team'.

Sick quote that one.

Moratti gave Jose the history book, but he says now we need to forget everything we have done and achieved, its time to write a new chapter with new pages.

Ladies and Gentleman, The time is now.

Handoyo
04 Jun 08, 02:34
I really hope that Jose will revert back to his 4-3-3 with Inter. Even though we currently do not have any world class winger, that seems to be the formation he's most comfortable with. When Ballack & Sheva came in 2006, it really disrupted his formation, making him adjust to those 2 players and it was no coincidence that he failed to win the EPL then.

bjwam4
04 Jun 08, 04:05
Everyone is talking about boring Mourinho football...

I haven't seen an Inter game as exciting as that press conference for over 6 months.

lonewolf19
04 Jun 08, 05:12
Jose said he want the full squad to be ready by July 15th. That means it is around a little over a month for Branca & co to finish up their summer transfer

Khalifa
04 Jun 08, 05:33
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jo-i70NmKO0&feature=related
Can someone tell me whats the name of the guy that jose walks out with at the very end of the video. Tie and suit. I met him in Dubai as well and we made Mancini wear the arabic cultural dress lol

Marcello
04 Jun 08, 06:11
http://img24.imagevenue.com/loc1060/th_93310_mouri1_122_1060lo.jpg (http://img24.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=93310_mouri1_122_1060lo.jpg)http://img208.imagevenue.com/loc78/th_93315_mouri2_122_78lo.jpg (http://img208.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=93315_mouri2_122_78lo.jpg)http://img13.imagevenue.com/loc1046/th_93316_mouri3_122_1046lo.jpg (http://img13.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=93316_mouri3_122_1046lo.jpg)http://img211.imagevenue.com/loc356/th_93321_mouri4_122_356lo.jpg (http://img211.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=93321_mouri4_122_356lo.jpg)
http://img185.imagevenue.com/loc153/th_93328_mouri5_122_153lo.jpg (http://img185.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=93328_mouri5_122_153lo.jpg)http://img172.imagevenue.com/loc1013/th_93336_mouri6_122_1013lo.jpg (http://img172.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=93336_mouri6_122_1013lo.jpg)http://img164.imagevenue.com/loc1009/th_93337_mouri7_122_1009lo.jpg (http://img164.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=93337_mouri7_122_1009lo.jpg)
http://img219.imagevenue.com/loc566/th_08241_inte1_122_566lo.jpg (http://img219.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=08241_inte1_122_566lo.jpg) http://img230.imagevenue.com/loc154/th_08244_inte2_122_154lo.jpg (http://img230.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=08244_inte2_122_154lo.jpg)

Luka
04 Jun 08, 07:28
Yea ofcourse I think he's good coach. How good with Inter, we'll have to wait and see... But this things he said, every normal coach in the world knows this, what's so special? "Those who work hard will play" - that quote is amazing for you? I bet even if you saw Mourinho shit, you would say "Oh how special his crap is, amazing smell".
What's wrong with you?

Were you born yesterday? Show me another coach who is like that, so direct, brutally honest at times, and confident at press conferences.

ps. I singled the Whole press conference as amazing, not single quotes.
ps2. Do you have a problem with someone being excited? If you do, then it's your problem, not mine.

NimAraya
04 Jun 08, 09:11
Yea ofcourse I think he's good coach. How good with Inter, we'll have to wait and see... But this things he said, every normal coach in the world knows this, what's so special? "Those who work hard will play" - that quote is amazing for you? I bet even if you saw Mourinho shit, you would say "Oh how special his crap is, amazing smell"..

Haha Spot On man!:D Hot candidate for the post of the year!:lol:

Mustafa
04 Jun 08, 09:29
Wingers..

I remember Mancini saying that Balotelli can also play as attacking midfielder or on the wings, if I am not wrong. He is only 17 so he will be able to adapt for new position easily.

Ilkinio
04 Jun 08, 09:55
I remember Mancini saying that Balotelli can also play as attacking midfielder or on the wings, if I am not wrong. He is only 17 so he will be able to adapt for new position easily.

Actually, Mario played in this position in last 4-5 matches..

Luka
04 Jun 08, 10:00
Haha Spot On man!:D Hot candidate for the post of the year!:lol:
You are known person, that dislikes Jose, or didn't want him here.

So your response is no news to me.

ps. There are also people who voted Amy Winehouse for the most beautifull girl in the world.

Alessandro
04 Jun 08, 10:04
Hey why did't Jose get a number on his jersey??? I would of given him 69 lol just for the media's sake...

Ilkinio
04 Jun 08, 10:05
ps. There are also people who voted Amy Winehouse for the most beautifull girl in the world.

PERVERTS! :)

shahz_nerazzurri
04 Jun 08, 10:30
I bet even if you saw Mourinho shit, you would say "Oh how special his crap is, amazing smell".

I have heard stories from my Chelsea friends, that he craps gold.

NimAraya
04 Jun 08, 11:04
You are known person, that dislikes Jose, or didn't want him here.

So your response is no news to me.

Yeah I hate him and didn't want him here. Maybe I could get over it if the club treated better with Mancini. Yeah I'm known for this. And you're known for kissing Mourinho's ass even since the middle of season. You're the true kind of fan...

Luka
04 Jun 08, 11:28
You're the true kind of fan...
Because I want the best for Inter, just like a parrent wants the best for his child, I pressume ?

You don't like Jose Idea? Fine. Your mate doesn't like him, fine.

But taking offensive on the people who are excited about him is low. Very low.

I remember when more, a lot more, than half of this forum talking crap about Ibra coming here, that he will be sh1t, Ibrahimosh1t, or whatever shahz called him, and others followed, and I was one of the few, who knew, and I said it, because I did. I said that he will be great here, because he is the type of player, that we lacked, I was confident, and I can now proudly say that I was right, and many weren't.

So now, I am allowed to say, that it could be the same storia. I just thought, some people would take a little more time and thinking, before judging others excitment.

Marcello
04 Jun 08, 11:35
Jose wants 21 Player Squad while we have 27 Players + he wants to bring in 2-3 Players
that means we need to get rid of 7 players either loan or sell i see these people leaving some how

burdisso -
Rivas - :(
Cesar - :)
Pele - ?
Maniche -
Solari - :)
Suazo -

Alessandro
04 Jun 08, 11:47
goal.com

Mourinho Puts Five Up For Sale
According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, new Inter boss Jose Mourinho has put five senior players up for sale, including Hernan Crespo and Dejan Stankovic.
The Special One was unveiled to the Italian press for the first time yesterday, where he admitted that he had already begun his transfer plans for the coming season.

The Gazzetta says that Mourinho will put up for sale four members of Inter’s senior squad. The biggest of the quartet to be sold will be Dejan Stankovic, who was a favourite of former coach Roberto Mancini, but struggled badly for form and fitness last season.

One of Mourinho’s ex-players at Chelsea, Hernan Crespo, will also be offloaded, as will another striker David Suazo, who never settled since his move from Cagliari last summer.

Error-prone defender Nicolas Burdisso is the fourth player up for sale, and this is perhaps less of a surprise, given Mourinho’s defensive mindset.

Finally troubled Brazilian striker Adriano will also be made available when he returns from his loan spell at Sao Paulo.

The money that Mourinho receives for these transfers will then be used to fund two or three big signings, with Chelsea’s Frank Lampard continuing to be linked with a move to San Siro.

Luca Capofranco

Alessandro
04 Jun 08, 11:49
How is this possible when they said themselves that there not purchasing any strikers... there getting rid of 3 according to this... so where left with only 3 attackers for next season... i doubt this highly...

Ilkinio
04 Jun 08, 11:57
Imho, it makes Drogba transfer more imminent. Balotelli will have his playing time.. So, it's Ibra-Drogba-Cruz-Balotelli

Alessandro
04 Jun 08, 11:59
Imho, it makes Drogba transfer more imminent. Balotelli will have his playing time.. So, it's Ibra-Drogba-Cruz-Balotelli

Drogba has been rulled out... you forgot about branca's announcement? They are not purchasing a striker... This is all bullshit...

Karim
04 Jun 08, 12:06
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=722858

Well, Adriano, Burdisso, Crespo, Suazo and Deki

I dont know

Ilkinio
04 Jun 08, 12:08
Drogba has been rulled out... you forgot about branca's announcement? They are not purchasing a striker... This is all bullshit...

So, this "transfer list" is just a rumour?

JJM
04 Jun 08, 12:13
goal.com is bullshit... on sport mediaset they say that burdisso,one of crespo/suazo is leaving more likely crespo and stanković and mou will decide for adriano at the brazil vs argentina game and solari,dacourt,cesar and maniche are out of contract...

http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/articoli/11893/inter+partenze+stankovic

Alessandro
04 Jun 08, 12:18
So lets just say they do sell these players... there keeping solari? i dont think so... he's the biggest dud on the team... Im sure they will let loose some of our mids so we can bring in a fresh look. Pele will be loaned out for sure... I'd drop Solari, Cesar and Figo...I know the latter is portugese but it doesn't mean hes garanteed a spot. I lost respect for him this year anyway.

Alessandro
04 Jun 08, 12:20
goal.com is bullshit... on sport mediaset they say that burdisso,one of crespo/suazo is leaving more likely crespo and stanković and mou will decide for adriano at the brazil vs argentina game and solari,dacourt,cesar and maniche are out of contract...

http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/articoli/11893/inter+partenze+stankovic

Hey thanks for the update but isn't Figo out of contract also?

shahz_nerazzurri
04 Jun 08, 12:43
So lets just say they do sell these players... there keeping solari? .

I might be wrong, but I THINK, that we cannot sell a player, who is no longer contracted to us. :-P

Apart from Adriano, the remaining four can go.

Ziyad
04 Jun 08, 12:45
I wouldnt take them too seriously but i would like to give Suazo another shot under Jose...

NimAraya
04 Jun 08, 13:03
You're still shaking the whole team with these comments. You already droped about 10 players out of the team. As Mourinho said, if he was honest, he don't want to change alot. The most likely departures are Solari, Cesar, Burdisso, one between Suazo/Crespo/Cruz and maybe Materazzi.

Alessandro
04 Jun 08, 13:03
I might be wrong, but I THINK, that we cannot sell a player, who is no longer contracted to us. :-P

Apart from Adriano, the remaining four can go.

Why wouldn't you quote my whole post? it would make more sense...