PDA

View Full Version : Italy - Spain (QF) (22 Jun 08)

shahz_nerazzurri
19 Jun 08, 00:29
Its Azzurri's versus Spain in the last of the quarters on Sunday.
Gattuso and Pirlo are both suspended. While Gattuso is no big loss, Pirlo will be greatly missed by the Italians.

On form and on paper, Spaniards have a big advantage over Italy, but it remains to be seen if they can come over their psychological barrier, to beat the Italians, who they have not defeated since 1920!!!!!

My team.
----------------------Buffon-----------------

----Zambrotta----Gamberini---Chellini----Grosso---

--------Aquilani------DeRossi-----Perotta------

--------------------Cassano------------------

---------------Toni-------------DiNatale--------

Donadoni's team.

-------------------Buffon---------------------------

---Zambrotta----Panucci-----Chellini-------Grosso---

--Camronesi------Ambrosini----DeRossi----Petrotta--

-----------------------Cassano---------------------

------------------------Toni------------------------

Gamberini is so much more a better defender than Panucci. While Chellini will be able to handle Torres, Villa will probably tear Panucci a new hole. Donadoni is also in love with AMbrosini and Camronesi, so we'll definitely see both of them in the lineup again.

Choppin Onions
19 Jun 08, 00:45
Aquilani needs to start. If Donadoni goes with the Camoranesi, De Rossi, Ambrosini, Perrota midfield, Spain wins easily. And Toni needs to bury his chances if Italia hope to progress.

lonewolf19
19 Jun 08, 01:05
This is going to be awesome match.
On paper, Spain has better chance of reaching next round but we all know Spain always falter in the knock out stage.

De Rossi, Cassano, Perrota must start.

Luka
19 Jun 08, 02:06
1) Donadoni won't play 4-4-1-1 shahz. That would be the same mistake Mancini made, when he tried something fancy in big games. Why play something that players didn't practise? Only 4-3-1-2, or 4-3-3 for them.

2) Panucci is very decent since he switched to the center. Gamberini, as much as I like the player, here experience is something that counts twice more, than tallent.

It will be a great game indeed, and a must see game, for any football fan. Another proof, that the tactics is the ultimate power in football, and I hope Italy will again proove it.

mexican_azzurri
19 Jun 08, 02:46
Poor spain before to know that italy gonna be the other team in QF, all was confidence, "with this team we can win the euro"....and now "Italy is the worst option", they have a great team but in the head have so many fears yet.

Italy-Spain-> Italy

M.Adnan
19 Jun 08, 12:23
1) Donadoni won't play 4-4-1-1 shahz. That would be the same mistake Mancini made, when he tried something fancy in big games. Why play something that players didn't practise? Only 4-3-1-2, or 4-3-3 for them.

Donadoni isn't really smarter than Mancini, so I see no reason why he won't make that mistake.

Some coaches are just too chicken and in love with shitty Juve and Milan players like Ambrosini and Camoranesi. Donadoni is one of them.

shahz_nerazzurri
19 Jun 08, 13:27
My bad, he wont play 4-4-1-1. He will use the exact same team, and play Perotta as a trequartista.

Ajesh
19 Jun 08, 13:57
Panucci is organising the defense well.Donadoni will include him rightly in the line up.Two inexperienced Defenders in the back are not bright tactics at this stage.

minterke
19 Jun 08, 15:26
Not scared of Spain, they've had an easy group and proved nothing yet, their midfield is only good on paper. Torres can be contained, Villa is our only problem.

Btw, is Puyol still injured?

Pulsar36
19 Jun 08, 15:34
Spain will win.

Suneet
19 Jun 08, 16:13
Same team like last time. Get Del Piero in and play him as trequarterista.

Gattuso-De Rossi-Perotta would be a good midfield, please dont play Ambrosini.

Luka
19 Jun 08, 16:26
Gattuso can't play.

Unfortunetly there is no way Ambroshit won't play in this game.

Also, Del Pierro if will play, he will only play as a striker. He refused to play for national before because Donadoni didn't want to play him as a striker. If someone will play behind them it is Cassano.

Actualy that's what I think we will see upfront from Italy.

Toni - Del Pedro

-- Cassano ---

tonyloo
19 Jun 08, 17:38
Spain hasnt really impressed, they had big problems against Sweden and Greece(Spain had a reserve team against Greece though). Russia wasnt a problem since they're an even more offensive team than Spain, they were a perfect opponent for Spain.

Im curious to see what Spain can do against a balanced team, Sweden and Greece are extremely defensively balanced teams(The spanish players could pretend they were in La Liga playing as Real Madrid or Barcelona against Murcia), Russia were an extremely offensively balanced team and that gave players like Silva, Villa and Iniesta so much space that they had no option but to score goals.

Im interested to see what Senna and Xavi can do against De Rossi, Ambrosini, Perotta and Aquilani or whoever it might be in Italy's central midfield.

The people of Spain are scared to death, Italy have a mental advantage.

rockball
19 Jun 08, 17:51
For the first time ever I say Ambrosini should play. We need some defensive cover against Spain.

Camoranesi - Perrotta behind Toni-Cassano should be good.

Azzkikr
19 Jun 08, 18:44
Not playing Ambrosini would be suicide. Italy cant compete with the technique, pace and talent in spains midfield, not playing a real DM like Ambrosini would be certain failure.

AntonTheGreat
19 Jun 08, 18:58
Chielini will be ripped apart by torres, and villa will rip panucci apart as well. Its gonna all be up to how well spains midfield and defense do. The attack is good enough to score 4 goals against a crippled italy. I don't see how italy will stop villa torres and iniesta if they get good distribution. Hmmmmm should be interesting.

Prediction 2-0 or 3-0 spain

but if italy play well and lucky 2-1 italy.

minterke
19 Jun 08, 19:36
Not playing Ambrosini would be suicide. Italy cant compete with the technique, pace and talent in spains midfield, not playing a real DM like Ambrosini would be certain failure.

France have the same technique and pace as Spain, and we played them off the park with our passing game. No Pirlo we'll definetly hurt us, the guy is world class and there's probably no one in Europe who can pass a ball like him.

But De Rossi has great technique and is very underrated...watch out for him.

tonyloo
19 Jun 08, 19:38
Chiellini is a fcing idiot, but he can use his elbows and dirty tricks in a smart way without being punished, he's like Materazzi in his 06/07-season(without the offensive power), Panucci is decent, he's good enough to contain these kind of players on his best day.

Italy will have to rely on De Rossi and Ambrosini, both players have been able to step it up in difficult moments.

The real question is the offensive, Di Natale, Del Piero or Casano? All of them? If Del Piero starts its a disaster, Cassano and Di Natale must start behind Toni. Thats it. If not, Del Piero will waste everything, he'll use Cassano's space, he'll draw the balls that should've gone to Di Natale and so on.

Del Piero = loss!

...and dont get me started on Camoranesi, he has been a disaster, he cant handle pressure, he has Moggi's mentality in him. Just look at him when he was owned by the "unknown" Pelé, he almost kicked Pelés leg off. He'll cost Italy, just like Moggi did.

lonewolf19
20 Jun 08, 04:37
Villa is going to kill the Italian defence lineup.

shahz_nerazzurri
20 Jun 08, 06:21
Chellini is a top top quality defender, probably the only one from the need breed of Italian defenders likely to be reach the heights of Cannavaro and Nesta.

Pace in Spain's midfield? lol. Apart from Sivla, there isnt really much attacking threat from Spain's midfield. Fabregas starts on the bench.
A true DM would be good for Italy but they dont have one decent enough. Ambrosini would just stand in the middle, watch the game play go around him.

Luka
20 Jun 08, 06:31
Villa is going to kill the Italian defence lineup.
Just like Ronaldo was going to kill... everyone on this tournament ;)

We had a very good presentation last night, what a teamplay means in football. After all it's team-play sport, not individual.

There is no denying the fact though, that Spain has a lot more to offer than Portugese.

Then again, so does italians(than Germany). Really this 1920 statistic is stunning, but it just shows what matters most on the big stage. Ofcourse you have to have a "decent" players too, and some quality. As Jose said "no quality, no chance" :>

lonewolf19
20 Jun 08, 06:52
Just like Ronaldo was going to kill... everyone on this tournament ;)

We had a very good presentation last night, what a teamplay means in football. After all it's team-play sport, not individual.

There is no denying the fact though, that Spain has a lot more to offer than Portugese.

Then again, so does italians(than Germany). Really this 1920 statistic is stunning, but it just shows what matters most on the big stage. Ofcourse you have to have a "decent" players too, and some quality. As Jose said "no quality, no chance" :>

Yea, I understand what you are saying. I never believed Ronaldo will kill anyone in this tournament from the beginning tho ;)

It is just that seeing how Italy defence played and how Villa played, it is hard to imagine him not to score.

rockball
22 Jun 08, 08:44
Buffon
Zambrotta-Panucci-Chiellini-Grosso
De Rossi-Ambrosini
Camoranesi-Perrotta-Cassano
Toni

I think Alonso will start for Spain. Alonso and Xavi distributing balls for the front pacy duo would be their pattern.

All the talk that is downplaying Spain's chances and projecting Italy is favorites will work against Italy.

lonewolf19
22 Jun 08, 14:38
Going to bed now and wake up later for the game. Nite guys

Luka
22 Jun 08, 17:50
My bad, he wont play 4-4-1-1. He will use the exact same team, and play Perotta as a trequartista.
See, shahz. I knew you will figure that out after all, hehe :D

ps. Gazzetta just said it will be Toni Cassano upfront, with Perrota behind them. The midfield with De Rossi Ambrossini and Acquilani.

Lets hope I will be 3 for 3 after this game LOL :D

Although Russian revange on Spain would be also tempting.

Forza Italia! Lets kick some iberian ass.

Choppin Onions
22 Jun 08, 18:39
Aquilani! :happy:

He may be a romanista but I like the guy. He's not a whiner like De Rossi or egomaniac like Tottina. Sweet to hear he's in the starting lineup. It's gonna be tough but history is on Italy's side against the Spanish.

Forza Azzurri!

shahz_nerazzurri
22 Jun 08, 19:01
I would be willing to give a blow job to anyone who can get me a good link for this game.

lonewolf19
22 Jun 08, 19:05
damn my tv is showing this game. Sorry shahz

shahz_nerazzurri
22 Jun 08, 19:32
Shit, had to pay $10, to get the rights from Uefa.com.
Fruck.

Azzkikr
22 Jun 08, 19:34
Jesus, what a boring game.

Spain look uninspired and show too much respect in attack and italy have done nothing going forward. Silva has been their best player so far by far.

Definitely not Cassano's night, apart from one good action he has made nothing but bad passes and mistakes.

Disappointing game so far, but i guess it was expected to be like this.

Luka
22 Jun 08, 19:37
Sorry shahz, I think I would be of help, but I just came here now.

For the future, look here(if you didn't know this site by now):

http://www.myp2p.eu/

Anyways Acquilani is huge dissapointment today. But the whole Italy is very deffensive. Spain isn't attacking like they usually do either.

Both teams are playing very cautius, and I can see easily a penalty shoot-out today.

I don't think it's because there isn't Pirlo today. He would provide better passes, but it wouldn't change the way the team as a whole play.

I hope they will turn up a gear ro two in the second half.

shahz_nerazzurri
22 Jun 08, 19:43
I just saw the last 10-15 mins, really crap game. Cassano delivered a good cross, but Toni couldnt direct his head on to it. That was probably the only time I saw Italy attacking.

Luka, duuuh. I couldnt find a proper link anywhere. p2p was full of crappy link.

lonewolf19
22 Jun 08, 19:59
Chilleni is huge in defence today.
Camo on for Perrotta

Ilkinio
22 Jun 08, 20:36
I can't believe it myself, and can't believe that i will actually write. But, Gatusso, in fact, was better than Aquilani.

Luka
22 Jun 08, 20:42
Luka, duuuh. I couldnt find a proper link anywhere. p2p was full of crappy link.
Really, no link for THAT game? Wow, that's bad mate :/

Boring game. But as long as I blame Italians for that, I wouldn't say spaniards are innocent here. They don't attack with many people. They attack with simmilar amount to italians, or maybe 1, 2 more, but it's still not many, so they can prevent any counter attacks from Italians.

The only difference is that spaniards are better with the ball, so this similar amount of players can do more in front of the goal.

But overall poor game, and I can't believe the defensive game Donadoni showed us today. Mancinis love of his is again showed today.

Total oposite to what we've seen against France, where there italians actualy wanted to win the game.

I remember one action, when Camoranesi was going on the right with half-counter, and there was ONLY Toni on the opponents half. Not even that. I didn't see anybody from Italy to rush to help.

lonewolf19
22 Jun 08, 20:55
Extra time looks more promising in the beginning but soon dissolves as well. PK might be quite likely

Luka
22 Jun 08, 21:12
I can't see Italy winning this one now.

Cassilas isn't great with Pens. Buffon isn't expert with this either, but he is better than Cassilas.

Also I think italians are better with Pens.

shahz_nerazzurri
22 Jun 08, 21:14
Penalty time!!!!!.

Not a very good game. Spain attacked a wee bit more than Italy, but both were pretty defensive.

So penalty shoot-out b/t the two best keeper in the world.

lonewolf19
22 Jun 08, 21:16
Spain deserve to go thru IMO
This is intense now

lonewolf19
22 Jun 08, 21:18
Saved!!
De Rossi missed from the spot

shahz_nerazzurri
22 Jun 08, 21:19
CAmo come on

shahz_nerazzurri
22 Jun 08, 21:19
Spain has to miss a penalty now.!!

shahz_nerazzurri
22 Jun 08, 21:20
thanks guiza

lonewolf19
22 Jun 08, 21:20
Spain has to miss a penalty now.!!

and they did.
Bad penalty from Guiza
and now di natale saved too

lonewolf19
22 Jun 08, 21:21
Fabregas won it!!

shahz_nerazzurri
22 Jun 08, 21:21
Spain wins it.

Luka
22 Jun 08, 21:22
O_o :P

I'm happy though. I would be torn between Russia and Italy, and now I know I want Russia to win Euro :D

Go Andriej go !

Azzkikr
22 Jun 08, 21:24
Spain through, hopefully Luka will shut up with his BS now.

The better team won. Italy were a disaster with their "greece"-like performance.

Playing for penalties was always a mistake by Italy and they should have subbed on another keeper in the last minute instead of wasting the last sub on Del P.. Buffon is probably the worst penalty keeper in the world. I was amazed he managed to save one for once, he ALWAYS goes to the wrong side and he did that 4 times out of 5 today as well.

He went to the wrong 5 out 5 in the WC final as well. He is a complete joke on penalties.

Adam
22 Jun 08, 21:30
Fully deserved win for Spain as Italy were ineffective. Russia-Spain meet again, so I guess when you have two semi-finalists in your group, finishing third is not so bad after all. God this was a boring match.

I'm cheering for Russia now, so far they are the most worthy Champions.

Luka
22 Jun 08, 21:30
Shut up?

You are the king of that, or did you forget ? You dissapeared from the other thread, when Forza_ragazzi asked you three times about something inconvienient for you, faster then Italy after the kick-off.

Azzkikr
22 Jun 08, 21:35
What are you talking about? i gave him answers even though he didnt seem to understand them, thats his problem not mine. It was a stupid argument to begin with.

But whats up? No obvious bullcrap from the oracle this time? No praising yourself and your predictions? Thank god.

shahz_nerazzurri
22 Jun 08, 22:29
I didnt see Italy having problems with Spanish midfield.
TBH really boring game. Donadoni deserves to be sacked. All three teams from the so called group of death gone.

I am completely with Russia. I think the best manager in the world deserves a trophy at the International stage.

Alex de Large
23 Jun 08, 00:11
http://www.marca.com/fotogalerias/2008/eurocopa2008/penales_italia/fotos/03.jpg
Finally!! Spain has been always cursed in the world cups, and in the euros the last time we reach the 1/4's i was 1 month old, i was born in may 84.

ARRIBA ESPAÑA! ALZAD LOS BRAZOS HIJOS DEL PUEBLO ESPAÑOL.

u guys gotta be happy for Luis Suarez, and fuck Buffon, Del Mierdo, Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, De Rossi, Camoranesi and more crap from crap teams :D

Hammoudi
23 Jun 08, 02:09
Casillas showed once again why he is the best GK in the world and of this decade. There is a difference when you have 7 defenders in front of you (Buffon) and 2-3 (1 of whom is worse at defending than a Brazilian.)

The best team won, football was fair for once, Italy never played hard but they didn't have the players. Still, they looked dangerous with every attack.

Now Spain has a chance to win it all. However, they didn't face Arshavin first time around.

snake
23 Jun 08, 03:22
I am completely with Russia. I think the best manager in the world deserves a trophy at the International stage.

You never said that in 2006.

Anyway im happy. I wont rub it in, but it baffles me how ANYBODY with no Italian blood could support a team with no inter players present. Heres hoping 2010 is a different case.

shahz_nerazzurri
23 Jun 08, 03:43

In 2006, the best manager was coaching a mediocre team. While He deserved to win the trophy, the team did not. :P

Anyway im happy. I wont rub it in, but it baffles me how ANYBODY with no Italian blood could support a team with no inter players present. Heres hoping 2010 is a different case.

It baffles me on how some body with no Italian or Milanese blood can support Inter.
It also baffles me on how some body with no British or London blood can support Chelsea.

snake
23 Jun 08, 04:18
It baffles me on how some body with no Italian or Milanese blood can support Inter.

We have talked about this before. Italia represents a country and its people. Sure clubs respesent cities, but with players filled from across the world...its normal for a fan to support it whether from Greenland or Tasmania.

And btw, Inter is Internazionale, making it even more attractable for the fan outside the country. Capisce?

Luka
23 Jun 08, 07:10
Yeah "Crapiasso", and then everybody was laughing at you, like we always do, for running away like a scared chicken. So, whatever you say "Crapiasso".

Oh, "Crapiasso" is a term for the oracle of the past. I'm sure you're familiar with it ?

M.Adnan
23 Jun 08, 12:34

:D I totally understand this. I wanted to spit on Pirlo's and Gattuso's faces when they were talking in the stands. I was over the moon when that bitch De Rossi missed the penalty, and Casillas ruining Camoranesi's chance.

I was happy that Italy won the 2006WC, because Materazzi played a MAJOR part in that victory. Same goes for Grosso who was our player too.

Azzkikr
23 Jun 08, 16:01
Casillas isnt better than Buffon, thats complete BS.

Buffon is just really bad on penalties.

I dont know his exact save %, but it must be very low considering he is a top keeper.

rockball
23 Jun 08, 18:24
Yep, Buffon is the best keeper at the moment even though he really sucks on penalties.
I rated Casillas third behind Cech but Cech hasn't had a good season.

Hammoudi
24 Jun 08, 01:29
Tell me that last time a proper defender played infront of Casillias? Also, he plays in the most offensive leagues where players are smart. This isn't kick-chase EPL or Catenaccio Serie A.

Taking nothing away from Buffon, but when you get help from 7 defenders (and referees) your taks is easier.

brehme1989
24 Jun 08, 08:14
Casillas is definetly the best keeper out there. For me it has been Toldo in the early century, but Casillas is the "heir" in my eyes. He's been great almost everytime I saw him