PDA

View Full Version : Riccardo Meggiorini

nzinter
10 Feb 09, 01:06
does anyone know if we still own him because today he had a quartet in serie b and has 10 goals so far in that league

Forza ragazzi
10 Feb 09, 08:02
We still own 50%.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?L=en&N=29487&stringa=meggiorini

Gasparroni
10 Feb 09, 08:22
Yeah, he is doing pretty well. With his 4 goals last weekend he is standing pretty high in the topscorer list from the Serie B. He has 10 while the topscorer has 13 goals.

I hope he can continue like this. We have so many great talents!

Gasparroni
10 Feb 09, 09:27
His 4 goals yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y91ompN0uBo

If he continues like this, we might have another nice player coming up. He is a good header and good finisher. But it's hard to say yet....ofcourse he still has to grow much.

I really hope Balotelli will feel the breath of all our talented strikers in his neck. He makes no chance when he continues like this.

Ilkinio
10 Feb 09, 09:39
How old is he?

Gasparroni
10 Feb 09, 09:53
Shame that the topic title isn't right and that the openingspost doesn't tell much...I think a opening of a topic like this way really sucks.

I will make a new try :)

Riccardo Meggiorini is born on 4 september 1985 in Isola della Scala. His nickname is Meggio.

He started his carreer at Bovolone but Inter already spotted him pretty early, so he continueded the rest of his youth at Inter.

He was the first player that was given a chance by Mancini from the youth. He made his debut on 14 november 2004 during the match Cagliari v Inter in the Serie A.

In 2005 he was loaned to Spezia (Serie C1) for half a season, the other season he was loaned to Pavia (Serie C1).
In 2006 he went to Cittadella (Serie C1). He had a bit a difficult start, but started to play more often after a while.
Now in the season 2008/2009 Cittadella came back in the Serie B (currently 14th with 28 points) he is doing better than ever, and is topscorer of Cittadella with only 3 goals behind the topscorer of the Serie B. Cittadella has scored 25 goals, so with 10 of Meggiorini he is very important to the team.

He also played a few games for Italy -19 and Italy -20. Perhaps he could wait for a new call soon.

http://www.radiorcs.it/public/UserFiles/web_rmeggiorini.jpg

Ilkinio
10 Feb 09, 10:00
Thanks for the info.
Too old for Inter.

Gasparroni
10 Feb 09, 10:07
Thanks for the info.
Too old for Inter.23 years is too old for Inter? wtf?....

Ilkinio
10 Feb 09, 10:18
I meant that he is too old to improve and play for team like Inter. You can be 18-20 and come from Primavera, 21-23 from team like Cagliari. But 23 y/o guy from Serie B? I don't think so.

Gasparroni
10 Feb 09, 10:23
I meant that he is too old to improve and play for team like Inter. You can be 18-20 and come from Primavera, 21-23 from team like Cagliari. But 23 y/o guy from Serie B? I don't think so.Why not? Is this a new rule? I never heard of it.

You can even improve when your about 30 years. Every time players go to training and play matches they learn. The more they learn and the more talented they are, the more they can improve. There is always space to improve, and specially also when you're 23 years young.

Perhaps I should give a example: Luca Toni. ;)

Ilkinio
10 Feb 09, 10:32
Any other examples?

Gasparroni
10 Feb 09, 10:36
Any other examples?Amauri, and sure there are a lot more. But I don't need to give more examples, because it's useless to compare them.

Meggiorini must do it all by himself and it doesn't help if Toni went trough the same. It's just that Meggio has still every chance to make it and he is doing more than well this year. That this is his best year (even his first in the Serie B) only means that he has made progress, even being aged 23.....and he is still learning, I'm sure.

tonyloo
10 Feb 09, 11:11
Any other examples?

Diego Milito played in Serie B when he was 25.

Tommaso Rocchi played in Serie C for a very long time, after that he was in Serie B with Empoli when he was 24 years old.

Di Natale's journey to Serie A was similar to Rocchi's

Luca Toni and Amauri is already mentioned.

The list is long, do you want me to continue?

Just kidding, lets go with the "if you're not under 20 and famous in FM you're shit"- methods, probably better.

Ilkinio
10 Feb 09, 11:23
Thanks for the examples. I would like to have all starting 11 formed by academy players. But, i'm firmly sure that it is not the case in current situation.

tonyloo
10 Feb 09, 12:09
Sergio Floccari might become a player like those mentioned. Stuck in Serie B for a long time without really impressing. Have played in Serie A for a couple of seasons now and just started looking like a class forward this season. Now he's being followed by Roma and Juventus and he'll most likely join one of them next season.

I've never seen Meggiorini, maybe he's very average, but saying that he'll never become anything just because he's playing in Serie B at the age of 23 is just dumb.

Ilkinio
10 Feb 09, 12:31
tonyloo, it's nice to have such informed poster around. Please, post more often.

All these examples are just the thing that happens pretty rare. Most football players blossom between age 17-24.

Pico32
10 Feb 09, 14:50
you can add Di Vaio to that list.

Forza ragazzi
10 Feb 09, 21:00
In Italy players often mature at a relatively high age. Many a story have been like this.

Meggiorini might prove enough, or not, but keeping 50% of him is in no way a bad thing. Although I'd like him to get into Serie A soon if anything will come of him.

tritolone
10 Feb 09, 21:18
this is the case mostly with italian players, because in serie a teams don't field their youngster very often, but they loan them to smaller clubs in lower leagues. in england or spain, not to mention netherlands, players play for first teams as young as 18 or some even less, and are fully developed players at 22.

it italy takes them much longer to make a big hit.

of course there are exceptions, the latest of them cassano and gilardino, but they arent exactly world-class

interlab
10 Feb 09, 21:58
i saw the video when he scored 4 goals , and sincerely he looks very good finisher i think he deserves a serie A team like Cagliari whatever even though we cant judge just from a youtube video (RQ7) but he looks promising

Nyall
11 Feb 09, 00:23
Maybe it's just me, but I would rather have this guy as our back up next season than the ever realiable, Cruz, Crespo, Adriano or Balotelli. If he gets 15 goals in Serie B then that would be equal to about 6 in Serie A which is triple what any of our back ups are gonna score.

CafeCordoba
11 Feb 09, 13:22
Maybe it's just me, but I would rather have this guy as our back up next season than the ever realiable, Cruz, Crespo, Adriano or Balotelli. If he gets 15 goals in Serie B then that would be equal to about 6 in Serie A which is triple what any of our back ups are gonna score.

Maybe it's just you then. :D

There is no formula of scoring goals in Serie A compared to scoring goals in Serie B.

Gasparroni
21 Feb 09, 23:20
And there he is again..........AND HOW?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (@ 0.35 min)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KrwPGALVIk

nzinter
22 Feb 09, 00:39
wowww what a goal

nzinter
28 Feb 09, 16:23
puts one in again

Harmonyofdissonance
08 Mar 09, 12:11
wtf? Great goal. But I still prefer Acquafresca ;-)

Pico32
29 Mar 09, 15:12
He scored another 2 goals today.

nzinter
29 Mar 09, 16:39
wow he is doin pretty good we should bring him silgardi,acquafresca,filkor and fatic back to try them out during the summer im impressed with our youngsters keep doin good

Gasparroni
29 Mar 09, 20:36
I think that's a bit too much. Doing good at a (with all respect) 'lower' team is not doing good at Inter. They should be able to reach to level of Inter......and even a Inter of greater level than before. Because I'm pretty sure that Mourinho wants a totally other Inter.

Besides Mourinho wants a small squad, so we can't afford many risks with youth players.

nzinter
29 Mar 09, 20:40
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/03/29/1181391/mourinho-balotelli-and-santon-are-inters-italian-future

he said we will have a young italian squad
but i do agree that all willl definately not make it but some can

Pico32
29 Mar 09, 21:47
We should sell him IMO.

Gasparroni
29 Mar 09, 22:34
We should sell him IMO.Lol, why? For the few thousend euro we could earn for him? I don't think Moratti will notice is in his pocket.

We just should keep the 50% and wait untill he finally breaks trough while we need a real goalscorer. Then we could buy his 50% and take him to us. But perhaps it's just good like it is now.

Forza ragazzi
30 Mar 09, 08:57
We should either renew the part-ownership or buy him 100% and loan him out to a top Serie B club or a lower-table Serie A club. I have asked around on another forum, and they say there that Meggiorini is at a high Serie B level, but they doubt Inter will ever use him. But there is no harm in keeping him, either in part-ownership or by loaning out. Italians are young very long and may break late.

rsz85
30 Mar 09, 13:53
He is 5th in the Serie B top-goalscorer list. He scored 14, all action goal, no-penalty.

Only the first, Tavano (18) scored more action-goal (16) than Meggiorini.

Good player, maybe next year in Serie A.

Gasparroni
04 Apr 09, 09:33
Yes, I think he is ready for a step higher. Maybe we should loan him to Cagliari when Acquafresca comes to us.....or take him in a loandeal when we buy Milito (Moratti still wants him).

When he can do this well at that level, then he might be a option for us in the future. But I don't think it will look so bright....we have so many talents in attack after all.

Gasparroni
27 Apr 09, 18:33
Meggiorini scored again tonight. Right know Citadella is playing against Ancona. They are leading with 1-2. I hope Meggiorini can score more, he keeps on scoring! He scored 16 goals so far.

Ilkinio
27 Apr 09, 18:38
Let's hope he will get a season in Mid,low table Serie A team.

Stefan
03 May 09, 15:22
May be able to judge him better next season. Rumours that he may go to sampdoria.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/inter/?action=read&idnotizia=4213

nzinter
03 May 09, 16:15
maybe if we do go for cassano we can send him on loan

InteristaDG
03 May 09, 16:32
We should at least keep half his rights because he has the potential to develop late like Toni

rsz85
13 May 09, 14:59
His agent says Atalanta, Cagliari, Sampdoria want him. (All that are believable, considering Floccari, Aquafresca will leave their teams)

That's good news, we should buy his 50 % and loan him, probably he will improve in a mid Searie A team and his value gets higher.

Forza ragazzi
13 May 09, 15:19
Should definitely be bought back from Cittadella, then sold 50% or loaned out to a Serie A where he'd get playing time.

CafeCordoba
13 May 09, 15:23
I'm sure Inter and Citadel will come to an agreement with Meggiorini. Inter can give a little extra perhaps as a sign of goodwill, since both know Inter can beat them easily in blind auction.

rsz85
13 May 09, 21:09
I'm sure Inter and Citadel will come to an agreement with Meggiorini. Inter can give a little extra perhaps as a sign of goodwill, since both know Inter can beat them easily in blind auction.

But in a blind auction they can earn more than in a simple agreemaent, because in blind Inter doesn't know how much money is enough to own him how much money offer to beat Citadella's offer who can play smart plays with a good sale to a third team in the background...

David Suazo
16 May 09, 16:43
4' [0 - 1] E. Pesoli (o.g.)
32' [0 - 2] F.D.S. Reginaldo
50' [1 - 2] R. Meggiorini
86' [2 - 2] R. Meggiorini

How many goals did he score now?

Ilkinio
16 May 09, 16:46
Around 20? :D

David Suazo
16 May 09, 16:48
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/bscorers.html

17 with no penalties. cool.

Forza ragazzi
28 May 09, 19:49
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/inter/?action=read&idnotizia=4960

This says we will buy Cittadella out of the co-ownership and then enter a co-ownership with Atalanta.

Nyall
29 May 09, 00:48
But in a blind auction they can earn more than in a simple agreemaent, because in blind Inter doesn't know how much money is enough to own him how much money offer to beat Citadella's offer who can play smart plays with a good sale to a third team in the background...
I highly doubt Cita can afford anything more than a million dollars.

rsz85
29 May 09, 13:23
I highly doubt Cita can afford anything more than a million dollars.

But a third team can be in the background and can give some money Cittadella to beat Inter offers and then they can get him for a lower price as they could do against Inter. ;)

Forza ragazzi
02 Jun 09, 08:30
He ended up one 18 goals. That is pretty impressive. Hopefully he can play in Serie A next year.

rsz85
02 Jun 09, 12:32
Acquafresca got the chance in Serie A after a 10 goal-season in Serie B.

that's true, he was a bit younger, but this number is quite impressive, in a weak B league team. They scored only 42 :)

changzl
13 Jun 09, 10:35
Genoa's president just said they will get bonucci,fatic and half of meggiorini from the deal of motta&milito.
i'm not sure if we can keep half of meggiorini.

CafeCordoba
13 Jun 09, 10:37
Genoa's president just said they will get bonucci,fatic and half of meggiorini from the deal of motta&milito.

Do you have source (link) for that information? No mentioning about Bolzoni?

sakana
13 Jun 09, 10:38

Yeah, but he also said they were signing Quaresma -- I think we ought to wait to hear from Inter rather assuming anything this guy says is official.

Stefan
13 Jun 09, 10:41
Yeah, but he also said they were signing Quaresma -- I think we ought to wait to hear from Inter rather assuming anything this guy says is official.

He said they had a deal and he was confident of RQ agreeing to it. Nothing he said about that wasn't true. RQ rejected them but they had a deal.

Forza ragazzi
13 Jun 09, 15:14
All the reports are saying Meggiorini is moving in a co-ownership. I don't worry about that.

changzl
14 Jun 09, 02:51
but we just have half right of meggiorini,so maybe, we just sold our half right to genoa, it's genoa and cittadella who co-own meggiorini..

Forza ragazzi
14 Jun 09, 07:45
No. Right now, we share him with Cittadella. We will buy the remainder of his contract before selling half of it to Genoa.

thomas_inter
14 Jun 09, 11:12
No. Right now, we share him with Cittadella. We will buy the remainder of his contract before selling half of it to Genoa.

How do you know this for sure?

Forza ragazzi
14 Jun 09, 11:20
How do you know this for sure?

It's the only scenario that has ever been rumoured. Inter will easily buy Cittadella out of the deal, as is always done. Meggiorini is an exciting prospect who scored 18 goals this season, so Inter will obviously not let Cittadella buy them out of the co-ownership. Meggiorini is hot for trade deals, which is good for us too because he will get playing time.

thomas_inter
14 Jun 09, 20:53
Keep him. For God sake keep him and don't waste him in a bla bla bla Suazo deal, that means to get a player we'll never use. Suazo, also a waste of talent btw.

At school people who know that I'm Interista always say: You have a talented player, everybody likes him, he goes to Inter and he's fucked.

Davids, van der Meyde always come into the conversation... And the point is, I can't say something back.

Forza ragazzi
26 Jun 09, 18:29
We have bought him outright for 2,5m. He is inserted in the Milito-Motta deal. Genoa will own 50% of him, but it seems he will be loaned to Atalanta, who will have Meggiorini-Acquafresca (!) next year if this is true.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/inter/?action=read&idnotizia=5922

Gasparroni
27 Jun 09, 07:41
If we are not buying another striker, I hope he will be our 4th or 5th striker next season. We just should keep him! He ended 3th on the topscorelist of the Serie B with 18 goals while his team Cittadella ended 17th with only 43 goals scored.
He will be 24 years in september and could be usefull I guess. We could get rid for Obinna and Suazo so our attack would excist out: Ibrahimovic, Milito, Balotelli, Meggiorini, Arnautovic. Since Arnautovic is still injured for about 6 months, this could be ideal.

I just hope it won't be another story like Acquafresca.

PYlh8pJSMis

Forza ragazzi
01 Jul 09, 14:47
We didn't trust this guy either. Fair enough, but selling him outright is insane.

lonewolf19
01 Jul 09, 17:30
Didnt we just bought him too? We paid like 2 mil or something?

rsz85
01 Jul 09, 17:49
We bought his half from Cittadella to give 100 % of his value to Genoa. We could get some millions from the interested Serie A teams who were linked to Meggiorini.

CafeCordoba
01 Jul 09, 19:25
We bought his half from Cittadella to give 100 % of his value to Genoa. We could get some millions from the interested Serie A teams who were linked to Meggiorini.

Hmm. We "got" that money in Motta-deal. We didn't have to spend as much money as without Meggiorini in that deal.

rsz85
20 Jul 09, 20:11
Genoa loaned him out to Serie A new side BARI.

in their first pre-season game they won 10-0 and Meggiorini scored 5 !!! :))

Luka
20 Jul 09, 22:40
Good for him.

Efrain21C
21 Jul 09, 05:25
So he doesnt have any link with Inter right now?

lonewolf19
21 Jul 09, 05:32
So he doesnt have any link with Inter right now?

nope. we sold him completely

Stefan
21 Jul 09, 08:16
Since he is no longer an inter player I moved the thread to former players.

matt86hk
30 Jul 11, 01:22
Another clever deal for Genoa. He was sold to Bologna in 2010-11 season for 3million but they did not want to buy the other half, now Bologna got Acqua and Ricardo moved to Novara, both temporary basis.