PDA

View Full Version : Any great playmaker in the history of our team?

PlaymakerX
23 May 09, 18:30
During a recent chat, a friend said Inter has never pursued an attaching and creative midfield or a playmaker, and all Inter does is defence first, then counter-attack, typically Italian style. And I was getting puzzled, wondering if this is true. Besides Suarez, is/are there any great playmaker(s) in our history? Names and simple description will be appreciated.

Ilkinio
23 May 09, 18:36
Djorkaeff, Baggio?

Stefan
23 May 09, 18:48
Not really a classical playmaker but lothar was the equavalent of gerrard and lampard of today only better.

Adam
23 May 09, 19:27
Does he had to been great for Inter or just considered great in general? Emre is the only one true playmaker I can think of right now, but I guess Stankovic and Figo could qualify aswell.

David Suazo
23 May 09, 19:39
Sandro Mazzola? :)

Toninu
23 May 09, 19:40
Lothar Matthaus.

Ilkinio
23 May 09, 19:44
Zlatan.

Besnik
23 May 09, 19:46
Figo

Handoyo
24 May 09, 00:43
Emre was more of a 2 way midfielder. Cuper used the flat midfield a lot. And even if sometimes he used the diamond, Emre was hardly used as the tip, IIRC Dalmat/Morfeo/Recoba was preferred for that spot.

BUT, Emre of 02/03 remains as one of the best Inter midfielders in this decade. Too bad he's as injury-crocked as Recoba the season after and never really regain his form.

lonewolf19
24 May 09, 02:04
Suarez

Ziyad
24 May 09, 17:53
Djorkaeff was good

ciamac
24 May 09, 19:01
we haven't really had a great one. it's a shame. we have always had great goalkeepers, defenders and strikers, but not that much great midfielders.
so PlaymakerX ask about great midfielders in recent decades and i say Matthaus.

alvaro
24 May 09, 19:08
Lamouchi, Okan, van der Meyde.

Ilkinio
24 May 09, 19:10
Lamouchi, Okan, van der Meyde.

What are you, living in parallel universe? :D

NimAraya
24 May 09, 22:10
Yeah: Dejan Stankovic!

DARi0
24 May 09, 23:20
Suarez

Do you even bother to read at least what the FIRST POST says!?!....

Stop talking about Lamouchi, Okan, van der Meyde, Stankovic.... he asked for A GREAT ONE !
I also remember Lothar Matthaus as a really great defender but always dictated tempo! but he is not that classical playmaker....
Emre was really good, too bad he was unlucky.

tritolone
26 May 09, 19:30
Do you even bother to read at least what the FIRST POST says!?!....

Stop talking about Lamouchi, Okan, van der Meyde, Stankovic.... he asked for A GREAT ONE !
I also remember Lothar Matthaus as a really great defender but always dictated tempo! but he is not that classical playmaker....
Emre was really good, too bad he was unlucky.

If you remember Lothar as a defender you must be quite young. He "became" a defender very late in his career.

Karim
26 May 09, 22:06
Mazzola
Recoba (When fit)
Figo (although he was already wasing up)
Mattaus
Baggio (late in his career)
Emre (never got his real chance with us)

bennyblanco
26 May 09, 23:38
there was this run of great form from Stephan Dalmat when he was at Inter,

i dont know how it happened but Dalmat was the closest to a #10 that i saw :)

there was a period of about 10-15 games Dalmat was unstoppable with crazy jinking runs,he was killing them with one on one's and assisting everywhere

Ibra,Matthaus and Baggio,Emre had their moments...

Ibra to me is the man,only when he leaves will we understand what we have now and what we had before

Stefan
26 May 09, 23:46
there was this run of great form from Stephan Dalmat when he was at Inter,

i dont know how it happened but Dalmat was the closest to a #10 that i saw :)

there was a period of about 10-15 games Dalmat was unstoppable with crazy jinking runs,he was killing them with one on one's and assisting everywhere

Ibra,Matthaus and Baggio,Emre had their moments...

Ibra to me is the man,only when he leaves will we understand what we have now and what we had before

Dalmat was good when he played as a winger. When he started to insist on playing in the centre his form dropped dramatically.

bennyblanco
27 May 09, 01:07
Dalmat was good when he played as a winger. When he started to insist on playing in the centre his form dropped dramatically.

yeah agreed on that too,there were some great runs along the lines of this clip in the middle of the pak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiG7bUQ_N9g&feature=related

couldnt find anything better for Inter though,youtube wasnt around then :P

Handoyo
27 May 09, 10:16
Exactly.

Dalmat will remain as one of the greatest 'lost' talent in this decade for Inter; him & Emre.

If only these 2 guys have the consistency and the desire to put in the hardwork, we may not have to wait until 2007 for our first championship. A midfield of Dalmat - Emre - C.Zanetti - S.Conceicao is pretty good; even though yes, the last name there was a joke. :D But the first 3 names I mentioned, during the early 00s, they were not too bad and had huge potentials. Plus we had a freaking goal scoring machine in Vieri who freaking scored 24 freaking goals in 23 freaking Serie A matches.

29 May 09, 06:28
honestly - Dalmat was a tragic case. In those days I did not get to watch a lot of Stephane dalmat play for Inter, but I saw him with Spurs. He was good.

InterKom
01 May 10, 12:01
Not an Inter Great but an awesome playmaker did pass though Inter in the past Decade and that's Juan Veron. With him in the side, Mancini's team played some very attractive football. Too bad he buggered off after his best season in years.

Handoyo
01 May 10, 12:20
Wesley Sneijder

Best Inter playmaker in the last 10 years, BY FAR.

Alessandro
01 May 10, 13:21
Wesley Sneijder

Best Inter playmaker in the last 10 years, BY FAR.

:star::thumbsup:

A.l.i
01 May 10, 15:15
Dalmat = :howler:
Emre = :howler:
Sergio Conceicao = :howler:

Nero Indigo
01 May 10, 15:18
Dalmat = :howler:
Emre = :howler:
Sergio Conceicao = :howler:

Especially Sergio Conceicao! I hated that guy! I always thought he looked like a GOOMBA from MARIO WORLD :lol:

Il Muro
01 May 10, 17:48
Conceicao was not a playmaker though. He was an orthodox winger. Emre was good for us, especially in 02/03, so no need to laugh at him.

ElCuchu
01 May 10, 17:54
Lothar...no questions about that.

Nero Indigo
01 May 10, 20:11
Conceicao was not a playmaker though. He was an orthodox winger. Emre was good for us, especially in 02/03, so no need to laugh at him.

I actually liked Emre, he wasn't bad at all. I didn't like it when we sold him. :(

mario.santon
01 May 10, 22:39
I like emre too, but I gotta admit that he's not that good...

rfU
01 May 10, 23:51
I like emre too, but I gotta admit that he's not that good...

remember his goal against Lazio? Man... Had too many injury problems that affected his form. He was built to play in a flat four but I can definitely see him in a diamond formation.

Djorkaeff6
03 May 10, 07:28
Refer to my username :)

Nero Indigo
04 May 10, 06:15
Refer to my username :)

:lol:

GrandeInter10
04 May 10, 08:31
Hopefully a few years from now we can add Coutinho to this convo...

La_Beneamata
04 May 10, 09:33
Hopefully a few years from now we can add Coutinho to this convo...

I agree man, hopefully he will be for us what Kaka was for the scum - only more so!

I think the best playmakers (tranquista) have been: Lothar Matthäus, Luis Suárez, Roberto Baggio & Luís Figo. The question of whether they all played to their best ability whilst at Inter is another story, Suárez & Matthäus peaked with us at least.

As for the future I think Sneijder is doing well, but hopefully we will buy David Silva from Valencia as he is young and especially talented, whilst he can also play on either wing if needed?

In the past we were heavily linked with Juan Román Riquelme, to replace Veron, but thay never came to anything? Whilst obviously Kaka went to ACM.

Camb_Own
22 May 10, 21:54
Sneijder!

cantopiero
25 May 10, 02:41
Sneijder has been the best playmaker in this decade

pazzainteramala
25 May 10, 03:02
wesley sniper

Efrain21C
27 May 10, 14:13
Well, I was doubting when we were chasing him, but he has won my approval by far, Wesley Sneijder

His goals and assists, his peace while controlling the tempo of our game, it's all done by a small player, but hugely influential in our squad, Wesley "Sniper"

Scorpion
30 May 10, 19:41
Wesley Sneijder

Kraits
30 May 10, 19:47
Wesley Sneijder is best since Lothar Matthäus...

F U C K MILAN
30 May 10, 21:18
veron and baggio

Gerti-inter
31 Jan 12, 18:58
Wesley Sneijder ! Treble !

skyline1908
31 Jan 12, 21:45
Muntari

Adriano
31 Jan 12, 21:54
Muntari
i came in to write pandev, but muntari definitely

other honorable mentions; mancini, quaresma (our c.ronaldo) and vitor hugo pele

Wallace
31 Jan 12, 21:57
veron and baggio

Agreed, Veron definitely. A forgotten name looking through most of the posts in this thread.

He played well during his first season with us, and was definitely okay in his second season. Pity that he was forced to leave by some drunken asshole in the team.

I4E
31 Jan 12, 23:33
Wim Jonk. Even though he wasn't with us for long, he was an excellent cm. Grity player that was an excellent passer. Chipped in with some good goals and scored the winning goal in stylish fashion when we won the eufa cup.

Typical dutch midfielder.

Handoyo
07 Feb 12, 16:30
Agreed, Veron definitely. A forgotten name looking through most of the posts in this thread.

He played well during his first season with us, and was definitely okay in his second season. Pity that he was forced to leave by some drunken asshole in the team.
Out of curiosity, who is this drunken bastard?

Veron is one of the players I disliked most ever since I supported Inter btw. :finger:

Opeum
08 Feb 12, 19:36
Adriano of course. Veron definitely one of the best Inter's playmaker since last deace. Him and Sneijder.

Black&Blue
08 Feb 12, 20:17
These guys deserved a call.
Matteoli
Prohaska
Brady
Beccalossi

Kakaroto
09 Feb 12, 04:33
Clarence Seedorf only that we sold him to BBilan.

We also had a great Play maker during the La Grande Inter era, Jair da Costa.

Black&Blue
09 Feb 12, 06:20
Clarence Seedorf only that we sold him to BBilan.

We also had a great Play maker during the La Grande Inter era, Jair da Costa.

Jair was a winger,Suarez was the playmaker of that squad (along with Corso)

thoriq_r9
22 Feb 12, 03:50
Sneijder deserves this. As he is the one who leads Inter to their first treble just two years ago.
But, could Ronaldo at 1997-1998 be classified as playmaker? He does everything at the time: dribbles, scores, fks, pks, assists.
He also wore the number 10 shirt.

Nour
09 Mar 12, 17:59
Baggio, Djorkaef, Sneijder.. Mattheus, Coutinho ( if given the chance), Veron

Nyall
10 Mar 12, 03:39
Wim Jonk. Even though he wasn't with us for long, he was an excellent cm. Grity player that was an excellent passer. Chipped in with some good goals and scored the winning goal in stylish fashion when we won the eufa cup.

Typical dutch midfielder.
Wow, never knew about this guy..

Definitely gonna check him out.

I4E
10 Mar 12, 08:01
Wow, never knew about this guy..

Definitely gonna check him out.

He was awesome for Ajax also before he joined us. If you find any clips of him (especially while at Inter), post em. :thumbsup:

Nyall
11 Mar 12, 04:04
He was awesome for Ajax also before he joined us. If you find any clips of him (especially while at Inter), post em. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I22tVH-JCwo
This is a complication of his goals scored in the 2 seasons. We could really do with him in the midfield right now.

I4E
11 Mar 12, 08:00
^ Wim Jonk was class ! :)

Certainly wish we had someone of his calibre in the middle of the park now.

Ruben Sosa @0.13 :proud:

http://youtu.be/oI4Db5yo8z0

Can somebody please translate what Nicola Cecere and Aldo Serena say in this clip.

p.s. R.Sosa set up yet another goal :proud:

junkie
11 Mar 12, 10:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I22tVH-JCwo
This is a complication of his goals scored in the 2 seasons. We could really do with him in the midfield right now.

reminds me of deki, shoots from outside, no unnecessary last passes...

Irequis
12 Mar 12, 05:25
As much as I know the best playmaker Inter ever has is Mario Corso. He is the playmaker of Inter XI alltime. It is said that when Mario Corso played well Inter would not lose.

Redbullsnation
12 Oct 12, 22:08
Emre and Figo, nuff said...

snake
16 Oct 12, 04:43
It is said that when Mario Corso played well Inter would not lose.

OH GREAT IREQUIS, THOU HAST SPOKEN.

Hasan
16 Oct 12, 05:34
Wim Jonk.

When I played my first manager game before almost 20 yrs on play station 1, players were rated like hotels, by stars. Bad graphics, bad game control, poor game but Wim Jonk were rated like :star::star::star::star::star: player.

Raul Duke
16 Oct 12, 06:42
Kharja and KARIMI (my phone autocorrected KARIMI to capitals)

Broseph Stalin
16 Oct 12, 06:50
Domenico Morfeo :closeenough:

wera
02 Jul 13, 01:50
http://24.media.tumblr.com/39c63091c46fad049c2693fb8cceb6bd/tumblr_mnsp5eU5531s199fdo1_250.gif

vasilios
02 Jul 13, 03:21
stop with the stupid gifs, there's a thread for that

I4E
02 Jul 13, 03:25
stop with the stupid gifs, there's a thread for that

Was about to post the same thing in another thread...

Fitzy
02 Jul 13, 03:46
Was about to post the same thing in another thread...

I already did.

Settin' trends tbh...