PDA

View Full Version : Joel Chukwuma Obi

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Besnik
07 Jul 09, 20:37
I saw in inter.it in SQUAD his name is there already.

Full name: Obi Joel Chukwuma
Born in: Lagos (Nigeria)
Birthday: 22 May 1991
http://inter.it/aas/img/117687.jpg

I don't know more about this player, hope he is good!

Stefan
08 Jul 09, 09:21
He is obi mikkel's cousin. Before any one accuse mou of bringing him here, he was part of the youth setup well before mou arrived at inter.

CafeCordoba
08 Jul 09, 09:37
I hope at least one of Obi or Krhin will make it to the squad for next season. And hopefully can do santons. I've understood Krhin is a central midfielder with offensive upside, meaning he could be AM or offensive CM in our 3-man-midfield.

But I have no idea what is Obi's position.

snake
08 Jul 09, 10:03
Cafe, why are we moving these players to a new section? They may be in the squad list or part of the pre season training, but they are still youth players, they should stay there until they make the full transition. So far only Santon and Balotelli have that right.

Stefan
08 Jul 09, 10:15
Cafe, why are we moving these players to a new section? They may be in the squad list or part of the pre season training, but they are still youth players, they should stay there until they make the full transition. So far only Santon and Balotelli have that right.

Mou has said they are part of the first team squad for this season. Said it two months ago already. The fact that they were added to the squad just confirms it.

CafeCordoba
08 Jul 09, 10:15

Well I thought that because they are part of the first team at the moment, they should belong to this section. It's also easier to comment different players during the pre-season when every player of the team is in the same section. Of course I move back those players who go back to the Primavera after the pre-season (most probably Destro at least, like Mourinho has said).

Luka
08 Jul 09, 11:06
Mou has said they are part of the first team squad for this season. Said it two months ago already. The fact that they were added to the squad just confirms it.
I think he was just joking and Hal is right.

CafeCordoba
08 Jul 09, 11:12
I think it's okay they are considered Inter players and not youth team players as they train with the first team and not with the youth team. When they go back to the youth team, the corresponding threads will be moved back to Youth teams section.

Luka
08 Jul 09, 11:19
Cafe who are we kidding ?

We both know they are already Parma, and Genoa players. It's just a question of time!!!

We are Milan team of tommorow, we all see that!

CafeCordoba
08 Jul 09, 11:23
Ah, you're just trying to be funny there. :)

Though failing miserably... :rolleyes:

Luka
08 Jul 09, 11:29
What are you talking about ?! I'm saying exactly what everybody here is thinking.

I'm completely serious !!!

After all Aquafresca and all the others are gone, why we should think Destro Obi, Krhin and Belec don't face the same future ?

Isn't Branca and Mourinho morrons? If they let go of Aqua, Bolzoni and Megiorini, why we should expect they will try to do something with the ones we got this year ?

Rimpel
08 Jul 09, 12:04
Obi Mikkels cousin? :D Cool. Good to see that we're letting in the youth to the first squad. Question is, how much playing time will these guys get?

Besnik
08 Jul 09, 12:17
lol now I hear about cousin, hope and he is faster like Oba Martins :D

CafeCordoba
08 Jul 09, 13:04
What are you talking about ?! I'm saying exactly what everybody here is thinking.

I'm completely serious !!!

After all Aquafresca and all the others are gone, why we should think Destro Obi, Krhin and Belec don't face the same future ?

Isn't Branca and Mourinho morrons? If they let go of Aqua, Bolzoni and Megiorini, why we should expect they will try to do something with the ones we got this year ?

Okay get the fuck out, your not funny. Probably people think now that we've already ditched some youngsters, they will keep these who will come for the pre-season. Seriously, your trolling is idiotic and it's not funny at all.

vitomins
08 Jul 09, 13:14
Geez Luka, you caught him at the wrong time of the month...

PS. I find his trolling a bit funny...

CafeCordoba
08 Jul 09, 13:25
Well any grown-up can't find anything funny in that trolling which is continuing not just in one thread. Everyone probably can catch the point but the actual "fun" part there is very limited. That is very typical, trying to draw attention and amusement all around by exaggerating completely "opponents" arguments. We should really be more mature than that here.

David Suazo
08 Jul 09, 13:44
I read somewhere that this guy is 1.65- something and plays as a defensive midfielder, is that true? Sure, Makelele was 1.74, but 1.65?! Way too short for a defensive midfielder imo...

Besnik
08 Jul 09, 13:53
I read somewhere that this guy is 1.65- something and plays as a defensive midfielder, is that true? Sure, Makelele was 1.74, but 1.65?! Way too short for a defensive midfielder imo...

1.65 :wth: hope isn't true.

Ilkinio
08 Jul 09, 17:00

Are you talking about Luka? :D

snake
08 Jul 09, 23:41
PS. I find his trolling a bit funny...

Nop, it's actually quite annoying.

vitomins
09 Jul 09, 00:07
Doesn't annoy me...as far as I see it, you guys asked for it lol

lonewolf19
09 Jul 09, 01:11
Maybe it was just you who wanted it.

Keveen
10 Jul 09, 21:28
Obi Mikkels cousin? :D Cool. Good to see that we're letting in the youth to the first squad. Question is, how much playing time will these guys get?

He is not Mikel Obi's cousin ... lol

Stefan
11 Jul 09, 14:02
He is not Mikel Obi's cousin ... lol

Some the sites have said it in the past. You saying they were wrong?? Sorry never checked it out myself but I did read this on more than one site in the past year.

Forza ragazzi
12 Jul 09, 16:37

He is an ant! :D

The_Eradicator
20 Jul 09, 02:21
This kid looks like a keeper, I was impressed with his performance today, much better than that moron Vieira...

It's ironic because most of the hype out of the youth trio has been on Krhin and Destro, and Obi comes out of nowhere to impress lol.

See ya Patty

Efrain21C
20 Jul 09, 02:59
I liked how Obi played, hopefully we will see more minutes of him... Hope that he isn't a card-prone player, he should improve that with more experience

vitomins
20 Jul 09, 04:20
That was a very harsh red card, so I wouldn't start thinking he is red-card prone...

CafeCordoba
20 Jul 09, 06:16
Yeah that was a normal situation where Obi came to the opponent too hard. Yellow would have been fine. Obi looked pretty good yesterday. Probably though Muntari will play where Obi would play but at least we have a good replacement for Muntari now. Even if we need an actual starting replacement for him / Stankovic.

lonewolf19
21 Jul 09, 01:27
Does he play as a left midfielder? Is he more of a winger or more all around type like Muntari?

Efrain21C
21 Jul 09, 05:23
What I watched he's a defensive type of midfielder... so Bolzoni out Obi in

CafeCordoba
21 Jul 09, 05:34
First Obi played in central midfield, then he moved more to left when Krhin entered.

Rimpel
21 Jul 09, 12:03
this guy is really small, he shouldn't play DM IMO. He could play in Muntari's/Deki's role.

Luka
21 Jul 09, 13:41
Cambiasso is also small...

Makelele...

Mascherano...

Efrain21C
21 Jul 09, 14:18
if he has speed and can be always in the right place why can't he play as a DM?

Rimpel
21 Jul 09, 15:08

Makelele...

Mascherano...

He looks even smaller than them:|

nzinter
21 Jul 09, 15:14
he is awsome but i also like krhin even though he didnt have much time i think in two seasons mabye even this season they can be starting material

Handoyo
21 Jul 09, 15:56

Makelele...

Mascherano...
Interestingly, the 3 top DMs of this decade.

Deno
23 Jul 09, 20:22
Cambiasso, Mascherano small?? cmon guys, are u stupid or what. now giovinco, messi, makelele, these type of players, thats small.. Cambi and Mascherano both are about 178, thats not facking small. some of guys seriously dont know what they r talking about.. and Obi is not 165 as mentioned, cuz ive seen a lot of pics of him, he seems to be in Cordobas height, and Cordoba is 173

vitomins
23 Jul 09, 20:36
Mascherano is shorter than Cordoba...I don't know where you get your measurements?

Obi is 5'8"...the same height as Cordoba and Quaresma.

Deno
24 Jul 09, 01:07
no, Mascherano cant be shorter than Cordoba, that info that says he is must be wrong.. and i may be mistaken when a said, hes 178, but if hes not then he surely must 175.. nuff about that now :)

where did u see the height of Obi :)? do u also have Destros height? thanks

nzinter
24 Jul 09, 01:11
Interestingly, the 3 top DMs of this decade.

essien,viera???

vitomins
24 Jul 09, 01:34
no, Mascherano cant be shorter than Cordoba, that info that says he is must be wrong.. and i may be mistaken when a said, hes 178, but if hes not then he surely must 175.. nuff about that now :)

where did u see the height of Obi :)? do u also have Destros height? thanks

Mascherano is 5'7" bro...I have seen it on 4-5 different websites...

lonewolf19
24 Jul 09, 01:34
essien,viera???

:lol::lol::yuck::yuck:

nzinter
24 Jul 09, 01:58
last decade viera was once the best now i hate the bastard he is awful right now but in the decade was gooodd

CafeCordoba
24 Jul 09, 06:44
BTW, Obi is club-trained so we are fine with CT players. Orlandoni, Santon, Balotelli and Obi.

But at the moment we have only three association trained players: Toldo, Materazzi, Muntari. Cassano anyone?

lonewolf19
24 Jul 09, 07:41
We also have Khrin. I think if you are qualified as CT you are also qualified as association trained right?

CafeCordoba
24 Jul 09, 07:42
We also have Khrin. I think if you are qualified as CT you are also qualified as association trained right?

That's correct. But Krhin or Belec don't qualify, they came to the club in January 2007.

Destro is one option, but that would mean we have to seriously reduce the size of the forward department if Destro was taken to the first team regularly. I'm talking about getting rid of everyone of Obinna, Suazo, Mancini.

Of course other option is to just put Destro to the list and drop Suazo/Mancini from there (Obinna is 99,9% gone anyway).

rsz85
24 Jul 09, 19:58
Obinna is also can be counted as asso-trained ;)

CafeCordoba
24 Jul 09, 20:01
Obinna is also can be counted as asso-trained ;)

Obinna will be goner.

rsz85
24 Jul 09, 20:05
Obinna will be goner.

Or...?

things aren't very fast.... romours are everyday but concret things? never. im pesimistic about all the "should-leavers"... :(

Efrain21C
25 Jul 09, 01:20
BTW, Obi is club-trained so we are fine with CT players. Orlandoni, Santon, Balotelli and Obi.

But at the moment we have only three association trained players: Toldo, Materazzi, Muntari. Cassano anyone?

Cassano?

BlueWhale
01 Feb 10, 01:58
Where has Obi gone?

pazzainteramala
01 Feb 10, 02:04
Where has Obi gone?

good question i have not seen him anywhere my guess is moved back to the primavera team

Raul Duke
02 Feb 10, 00:39
Where has Obi gone?

He's been injured I think

The_Eradicator
05 Apr 10, 10:36
It's a shame because he impressed me alot more than Krhin in preseason, he looked pretty sharp.

I guess he's a victim of our playing style more than anything else, we have limited use for wingers at the moment...

thatdude
05 Apr 10, 23:16
He's not a winger he plays centrally.

The_Eradicator
05 Apr 10, 23:26
Really, the majority of times I have seen him play (mostly in America for preseason) he has been in right midfield.

thatdude
05 Apr 10, 23:29
Maybe he can play on the outside of midfield in a diamond but he's definitely not a 4-3-3 type winger.

Batman
24 Jun 10, 12:21
Obi is set to stay..
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=it&tl=en&u=http://www.fcinternews.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D21884&rurl=translate.google.com.au&usg=ALkJrhhp7LPkInMdLboYiFU4Yi0HrwAKuA

*Manchester city = Mattia destro

Batman
24 Jun 10, 12:21
Obi is set to stay..
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=it&tl=en&u=http://www.fcinternews.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D21884&rurl=translate.google.com.au&usg=ALkJrhhp7LPkInMdLboYiFU4Yi0HrwAKuA

*Manchester city = Mattia destro

thatdude
24 Jun 10, 16:15
Benitez must really like a lot of our youth, I doubt Obi gets to much playing time a long with Nwankwo. He must be planning some heavy rotation if hes going to keep Mascherano, Cambiasso, Motta, Stankovic, Mariga, Nwankwo, and Obi for 2 positions!

junior55
24 Jun 10, 18:17
@thatdude
Obi actually is more a winger than a CM . He was tried in the primavera this year as a cm because we were using a 433 and the winger position was occupied by alibec and stevanovic so that obi was the creating force coming from the back....
As for the rotation , yes rafa does a lot of rotation and this is the bigget reason i like him.

Anyway having obi and nwankwo in the first team does not mean that they are going to play . Like in last season with destro,obi belec they are going with the team in the summer training to get experience but they probably will play with primavere although i would prefer obi to be loaned because i'm sure he would explode like biabiany...

thatdude
24 Jun 10, 20:51
I'm think Obi is to old to for Primavera now. He will probably end up being like Khrin was this year, just a squad player. From what I've seen he's the least talented of Alibec, Destro, Khrin...etc. Being with the first team means that you are not playing a majority of the Primavera games. If you noticed last season the only one who trained with the team the entire season was Rene and he only played the tournament with the Primavera.

The_Eradicator
01 Jul 10, 02:05
I rate Obi higher than Krhin I hope we keep him, Obi has an engine on him, he never stops running, with plenty of pace and is capable of creating chances.

All Krhin ever does is back passes and from side to side.... he has zero goal threat and zero chance of assists, I don't get where this "new Lampard/Gerrard" tag came from, maybe when he was playing under 13's or something, we don't need any more mediocre DM/CMs.

Il Maestro
01 Jul 10, 02:25
Not to be rude, just wondering: how often have you seen Krhin? If you just have watched him a couple of times, I don't think that's a large enough basis to judge him and call him mediocre. It's a reason he's with the "big guys".

I know this question seems like I'm doubting(in lack of a better word. I'm tired) you, but I'm not. Just wondering if you know Krhin well and can say what his strenghts and weaknesses is.

The_Eradicator
01 Jul 10, 02:30
Not to be rude, just wondering: how often have you seen Krhin? If you just have watched him a couple of times, I don't think that's a large enough basis to judge him and call him mediocre. It's a reason he's with the "big guys".

I know this question seems like I'm doubting(in lack of a better word. I'm tired) you, but I'm not. Just wondering if you know Krhin well and can say what his strenghts and weaknesses is.

I've seen enough of him, to say I don't believe the hype around him. He gets called a playmaker yet hardly any of his foward balls are incisive, he gets called a box to box CM yet he hardly ever makes runs forward. Don't get me wrong he's a good player who can probably start at a smaller team, but here we have lots of players with the same qualitites as him, who are frankly better, age or not.

Il Maestro
01 Jul 10, 02:38
I haven't seen much of him (just the matches he's been playing with the "big guys"), but I'm rather optimistic about this kid. I remember he did something nice, which led to a goal, against Parma.

But let's forget about that. This thread is for Obi.

Besnik
01 Aug 10, 15:14
Great performance by Obi in the our first pre-season match against ManCity. :thumbsup:

William
01 Aug 10, 15:19
we cant get rid of this guy, we need to keep him! His pace last night was hellish my eyes couldnt keep up with him.

_Ivan_
01 Aug 10, 16:37
Simply he showed he's a intimate player, and would be useful next season!

nzinter
01 Aug 10, 17:21
hes great he had a great game him and coutunho were linkin up well

pazzainteramala
01 Aug 10, 17:23
great performance.

The_Eradicator
05 Aug 10, 00:14
Told you my boy would deliver!! Go Obi :D

Stefan
24 Aug 10, 17:51
His agent has confirmed he will stay with the squad. He shares the same agent as destro and santon. His agent has also said they are talking about a renewal with the club.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=25891

F U C K MILAN
24 Aug 10, 21:30
more of our player should have this agent....

Dylan
24 Aug 10, 21:32
A natural winger. Nice one.

rockball
25 Aug 10, 06:10
more of our player should have this agent....

It seems more like a youth or a cheap agent. When the players grow and their value increases, their agents also change and then the bitches like Raiola step in.

Efrain21C
25 Aug 10, 21:48
It seems more like a youth or a cheap agent. When the players grow and their value increases, their agents also change and then the bitches like Raiola step in.

Raiola or Caliendo are big boys agents haha, remember who was SMB agent, his brother, and then he went to major leagues

snowforum180
26 Aug 10, 01:20
Raiola or Caliendo are big boys agents haha, remember who was SMB agent, his brother, and then he went to major leagues
no he signed his soul to the devil. Then the devil presented mario with Raiola and Caliendo.

junior55
26 Aug 10, 06:51
In my opinion raiola and caliendo are no way in the same level .
It's true that maybe caliendo has spoken too much about maicon but at the end is his duty to make his player earn more money especially when you manage the best Rb in the world. He has never adviced maicon to do any scandal or create polemics such as raiola has made with mario...

Efrain21C
27 Aug 10, 13:19
In my opinion raiola and caliendo are no way in the same level .
It's true that maybe caliendo has spoken too much about maicon but at the end is his duty to make his player earn more money especially when you manage the best Rb in the world. He has never adviced maicon to do any scandal or create polemics such as raiola has made with mario...

Raiola made with Marioo? When exactly?

Raiola made the polemics with Ibrahimovic, not with Mario...

junior55
27 Aug 10, 15:06
Raiola made with Marioo? When exactly?

Raiola made the polemics with Ibrahimovic, not with Mario...

Do you really think that the milan jersey , him going to the stadium to watch milan , some interviews and above all the throwing of the shirt against barca are all spontan acts of mario. If raiola wasn't the one who gave these ideas he wasn't there to stop them.

And think about it. How come both ibra and mario breaked the relationship with inter after problems with the fans (ibra insulted them directly and mario did the same later and with the shirt) . I don't think these are coincedences...

thorn
27 Aug 10, 15:29
Do you really think that the milan jersey , him going to the stadium to watch milan , some interviews and above all the throwing of the shirt against barca are all spontan acts of mario. If raiola wasn't the one who gave these ideas he wasn't there to stop them.

And think about it. How come both ibra and mario breaked the relationship with inter after problems with the fans (ibra insulted them directly and mario did the same later and with the shirt) . I don't think these are coincedences...

dont think anyone told him to do those things.he is a stupid boy and our club is not a mental institute so we had to get rid of him

junior55
27 Aug 10, 17:22
BTW since we were on this topic (although it's not the correct thread) here's the official communication of fc.barca from some minutes ago:

The executive committee of the FC Barcelona board of directors would like to publicly denounce the conduct over the last few days of the agent of our player Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Sr Mino Raiola,whose declarations have put into question the honour and moral integrity of our coach Josep Guardiola. These declarations have affected the relationship between the coach and the player and as a result the willingness of the player to fulfil his obligations. As such the declarations are a flagrant breach of the contract which Sr Raiola's company have with the club for representation and management.

Our legal department is therefore considering the possibility of rescinding this contract and the cessation of the annual payment Sr Raiola's company receives from the club as part of this agreement.

Once the department has reached its conclusions and taking into consideration how this matter develops, the club will take any measures it considers necessary.

Choppin Onions
30 Sep 10, 00:01
I haven't seen anyone mention it but Obi's interception of a Bremen player in midfield led to the 4th goal. It was a good read that started the entire thing. In the few times I've seen this kid, he's been fairly impressive. He doesn't seem nervous at all. For a 19 year old that's pretty huge. Well done Obi.

rockball
30 Sep 10, 04:56
Yea...he seems confident and composed on the pitch. Santon on the other hand looked flappable, but he will come around with time. Whats Obis's true position on the field?

Inter<3
30 Sep 10, 05:38
Yea...he seems confident and composed on the pitch. Santon on the other hand looked flappable, but he will come around with time. Whats Obis's true position on the field?

DMC afaik :O ?

natointerista
30 Sep 10, 05:39

Defensive midfield, our overpiled area :S. And as for Santon he made his passes and it was at a time when inter was just waiting for the game to end. Imo he can't be blaimed. In the end not even Obi did anything more than him because they both had a run in the box and that's it :S

skeet
30 Sep 10, 06:00
lol i don't think obi is a DMF, i believe he's a winger/side MF that is playing CMF for the primavera because pia plays a 4-3-3 with wide forwards

Opeum
30 Sep 10, 06:18
I think what nato and Inter<3 meant is that Obi play as a DM last night.

Suneet
30 Sep 10, 08:02
Obi was awesome in the states playing as winger dont remember against whom... It was Obioarah that was the amazing DM.

Efrain21C
13 Oct 10, 14:31
Obi was awesome in the states playing as winger dont remember against whom... It was Obioarah that was the amazing DM.

against Man. City I remember

Efrain21C
17 Oct 10, 13:06
how did Obi played today?

blekdood
17 Oct 10, 13:17
how did Obi played today?

Just Ok. Wasnt really that involved in the game... Nothing special I think.

Besnik
17 Oct 10, 14:09
Just Ok. Wasnt really that involved in the game... Nothing special I think.

My sentiments exactly.

Frenchy
17 Oct 10, 15:36
What's this guy position ? I never see him bad or good, but I don't see what he had to bring.

Stefan
17 Oct 10, 15:55
What's this guy position ? I never see him bad or good, but I don't see what he had to bring.

His prefered position is cm but he can also play on either wing.

He was ok for me today but its difficult to judge since when he came on we were basicly just looking to run down the clock.

sakana
17 Oct 10, 17:22
Played smart and simple. Under the circumstances, that's just what was needed -- can't judge beyond that, though.

Illyricum
18 Oct 10, 10:11
Nothing special from OBI just DECENT, he's young , he got a lott of time if he want to provide!

Anyway nice to see our youngester, OBI,COU & BIA!

If we had won 3-0 or 4-0 i`d like to put Alibec for ETO'o :D.

rockball
18 Oct 10, 17:38
He fought for the ball, took on defenders. I think he did better than Coutinho.

Stefan
06 Nov 10, 22:16
The only bright spot today. I was very happy with his performance.

CafeCordoba
06 Nov 10, 22:21
Yep. He brought some urgency, even strength and mostly, LEGS. His movement is totally different compared to for example Zanetti and Cambiasso and to some extend Motta and Stankovic too. I'd like to see players like Obi in our midfield in the future, players who have some strength and also enough legs to compete physically out there.

Ana Banana
06 Nov 10, 22:22
I was quite happy with Obi tonight. Proud with the tackles and challenges he took like a man.

The_Eradicator
06 Nov 10, 22:24
He always looks good when he actually gets on the field, hopefully he gets a start soon hell he can't do any worse than the guys already running around the pitch!

CafeCordoba
06 Nov 10, 22:25
I was quite happy with Obi tonight. Proud with the tackles and challenges he took like a man.

Yeah, that is what I like very much, I couldn't find the words for my impression from him but you did it. :)

sakana
06 Nov 10, 22:30

:thumbsup:

Really enjoyed watching him. Not afraid of anyone, and willing to go through the ball rather than step back and wait for it to be played -- took his chance well imo, hopefully there will be more to come.

Besnik
06 Nov 10, 22:38
I agree with you guys above, he was decent tonight.

Efrain21C
06 Nov 10, 22:44
he was simply better than most of the players out there, didn't looked nervous, but for some moments he remembered me of
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:HCg9JDh28HPoCM:http://wrestlinglatino.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/mark_henry.jpg&t=1

Pajo
06 Nov 10, 22:45
The only bright spot today. I was very happy with his performance.

i dont agree... Santon was the another bright spot today ;)

DIN011
06 Nov 10, 22:50
What I like about is that he has both strength and speed and that he's also a fighter. He deserves to start against Lecce, especially considering our injuries.

Efrain21C
06 Nov 10, 22:53
i dont agree... Santon was the another bright spot today ;)

I was hoping for him to play, but due to circumstances I wasn't :(

Wallace
06 Nov 10, 23:34
I think he's more suited playing the ball winner role like today than playing on the wing. I really like what I saw today, keep it up.

uny_arturo
06 Nov 10, 23:49
He did at least three clean and crucial tackles. I'm very impressed. Obi>Nawanko at any time of the day.

sakana
06 Nov 10, 23:56
http://i52.tinypic.com/155t4jr.jpg

Universe
07 Nov 10, 03:04
^ that was a monster shot. Would have torn the roof off the San Siro if it had gone in.

Ziyad
07 Nov 10, 07:49
Good job from Obi,Benitez should have trusted him instead of playing JZ all alone and that ludicrous Pandev.

Maryam
07 Nov 10, 08:19
Great game by him.
I was sceptical when he was subsituted in, but he put in a great performance.

Dylan
07 Nov 10, 10:47
His back leg looks so skinny.

Suneet
07 Nov 10, 11:06
Super performance, we have quality players, its time to showsome faith in Obi, Obiorah, Santon

CafeCordoba
07 Nov 10, 11:08
Super performance, we have quality players, its time to showsome faith in Obi, Obiorah, Santon

Yeah, though Obiora has showed no quality so far, some pre-season games do not count. Sorry.

Illyricum
07 Nov 10, 13:17
Nice performance by Obi, if our Midfiliders will be injury for some weeks/months i`d rather put Obi in midfield and J.Z back at his position ( LB/RB) !

Hope he will play against Lecce

Efrain21C
07 Nov 10, 13:30
Yeah, though Obiora has showed no quality so far, some pre-season games do not count. Sorry.

his first game his season was against Tottenham and the rest of the Inter team, so it's not as if you can judge him just for that time he had

CafeCordoba
07 Nov 10, 13:38
his first game his season was against Tottenham and the rest of the Inter team, so it's not as if you can judge him just for that time he had

Did I judge something? I think Suneet was the one judging, when he claimed Obiora is a quality player. Only thing I did was stated the fact that he hasn't showed no quality so far. In the future Obiora can show the quality but so far he hasn't done that in his only game he has played for us.

Gaetan
07 Nov 10, 13:44
Obi looked very good, and I do agree that Obiorah hasn't shown anything promising thus far.

Suneet
07 Nov 10, 13:54
Did I judge something? I think Suneet was the one judging, when he claimed Obiora is a quality player. Only thing I did was stated the fact that he hasn't showed no quality so far. In the future Obiora can show the quality but so far he hasn't done that in his only game he has played for us.

I think you are not wrong in saying Obiorah has done nothing to show his quality.

Maybe I didnt make my post clear. I think we need to put him on the pitch in an easy game to see how good he is, obviously he wont suddenly burst into life in his first game but with our current situation, if he doesnt even get a sub appearance that would be wrong. I rate him highly but we wont suddenly find out if he's good/bad by keeping him on the bench.

snake
07 Nov 10, 22:00
Maybe I didnt make my post clear. I think we need to put him on the pitch in an easy game to see how good he is,.

Easy game? What's an easy game?

Leading Tottenham 4-0? Brescia at home?

DIN011
07 Nov 10, 22:04
Easy game? What's an easy game?

Leading Tottenham 4-0? Brescia at home?

I have a feeling the derby will be an easy game...

For Milan. http://gametechmods.com/forums/Smileys/gtm/coolface.gif

Efrain21C
07 Nov 10, 22:10

those are your true colors :|

derby games current form don't matter, hell, let's play Mancini, he's the secret weapon!

La Brujita
08 Nov 10, 08:46

Don't worry. We'll just get another draw.

Which counts as a win for Milan http://gametechmods.com/forums/Smileys/gtm/coolface.gif

blackmore
08 Nov 10, 09:05
lets keep this conversation going shall we.....

by having this weird dude down here http://gametechmods.com/forums/Smileys/gtm/coolface.gif

snake
08 Nov 10, 09:37
lets keep this conversation going shall we.....

by having this weird dude down here http://gametechmods.com/forums/Smileys/gtm/coolface.gif

Are you serious? That's so fucking immature...

That's why I'm doing it too http://gametechmods.com/forums/Smileys/gtm/coolface.gif

Pajo
08 Nov 10, 09:38
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dinooo you fuck, see what you did to these people? :lol:

Universe
08 Nov 10, 09:39
http://gametechmods.com/forums/Smileys/gtm/coolface.gif

Wait, what? O fuck I did it wrong.

F U C K MILAN
08 Nov 10, 11:21
he looked quit good, i was pretty impressed, as for oboria, lets not forget that he was injured since august in the tropheo tim and just got back to working with the squad 2 weeks ago, and wa thrown in the fire againsta a tottenham side that was way to fast and strong for us on the day....chill guys...season is still long

DIN011
08 Nov 10, 14:59
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dinooo you fuck, see what you did to these people? :lol:

Haha, we need to have that as a smiley!

Or do we? http://gametechmods.com/forums/Smileys/gtm/coolface.gif

derby games current form don't matter, hell, let's play Mancini, he's the secret weapon!
Yeah, a real secret...

Because no one knows he's playing. http://gametechmods.com/forums/Smileys/gtm/coolface.gif

The_Eradicator
10 Nov 10, 23:08
This kid was a beast agaisnt Lecce and honestly right now he is as good if not better than Mariga IMO.

blackmore
10 Nov 10, 23:33
mariga and obi are the future for us.......

great game by obi today well done son.

dynasty27
14 Nov 10, 18:06
He's gonna be our hero tonight, hands down... Is there a nickname for Obi?

Inter Siamo Noi
14 Nov 10, 18:08
Amen, good luck our Obi!

Suneet
14 Nov 10, 18:37
Obi van Kanobe

blackmore
14 Nov 10, 19:48
hmmmm....

Campione
14 Nov 10, 21:50
Another injury... :palm:

The_Eradicator
14 Nov 10, 23:36
He's gonna be our hero tonight, hands down... Is there a nickname for Obi?

lol spoke to soon bro!

Batman
15 Nov 10, 01:31
A great performance by the youngster last night, am totaly impressed..hope there's nothing serious in his injury..

CafeCordoba
16 Nov 10, 20:55
It's rumored he will be out for month or something. I'm starting to question our coaching staff's training methods and muscle care etc. I don't think we've ever had such big amount of injuries at the same time. This can't be only because of our last season which went far + World Cup in the summer.

The_Eradicator
16 Nov 10, 21:42
Desperately unlucky both him and Mariga, this was their chance to force their way into the 1st team. I guess we still have Nwankwo but still....

F U C K MILAN
17 Nov 10, 13:33
too bad i was starting to like him and mariga

skeet
17 Nov 10, 15:06
obi and mariga are definitely not fatigued, bad luck can only go so far, the fitness trainer has to change something

F U C K MILAN
17 Nov 10, 15:07
but in general obi had his fair share of injuries especially last season

skeet
17 Nov 10, 15:08
obi was mainly playing with the primavera last season so i don't know if he's injury prone, but maybe you're thinking of krhin?

DIN011
17 Nov 10, 17:14
obi was mainly playing with the primavera last season so i don't know if he's injury prone, but maybe you're thinking of krhin?

Nah, Obi was supposed to be promoted last year too(there's a reason he had #20 last year), but he was out injured for the whole season...or most of the season at least.

skeet
17 Nov 10, 17:30
Nah, Obi was supposed to be promoted last year too(there's a reason he had #20 last year), but he was out injured for the whole season...or most of the season at least.

i'm pretty sure he was starting for the primavera the whole time, can anyone confirm this?

skeet
17 Nov 10, 17:30

i'm pretty sure he was starting for the primavera the whole time, can anyone confirm this?

DIN011
17 Nov 10, 17:31

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?L=en&N=34727

"I'm very happy, it's a beautiful emotion, not just for my debut, but mostly for the victory. Unfortunately I had a few injuries last year but I'm fine this year. I thank the boss for the chance he gave me. I will try to repay him by doing better and better."

Me2
18 Nov 10, 18:49
Obi = New Xabi Alonso

Keveen
20 Dec 10, 20:16
he will be back in January 2011.. But with limited playing time.. Mariga * Muntari * Cambiasso won't allow him space..

Batman
21 Dec 10, 13:53

not the whole..but i think he didnt given the chance because he recived a red card in his first game with inter in the friendlies..maybe this is the reason??

F U C K MILAN
28 Dec 10, 11:36
any idea when he is gona be back? i was pretty impressed with the the last 2 games he had with us

if we are switching to 4312 thin i can def see him being useful in LCM, not a starter but as a useful squad player

lonewolf19
29 Dec 10, 04:06
Obi = New Xabi Alonso

Sorry but have to LOL

DIN011
29 Dec 10, 14:35
Sorry but have to LOL

I didn't want to say anything...but damn. :lol:

Batman
31 Dec 10, 12:00
Good news, Obi has recovered..

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=35425&L=en

il Biscione 84
31 Dec 10, 12:29
Good to hear. I hope his performances this season although they weren't that impressive can attract some Serie A side to loan him. It would be very beneficial for him to have more playing time and get away from the pressure of playing for a team of Inter level. Unfortunately if we didn't buy a midfielder we might need him to stay.

DIN011
19 Jan 11, 20:48
This dude is a fucking beast. Holy shit. If only Leo chose him instead of Bia to replace Milito...

Ana Banana
19 Jan 11, 20:52
This dude is a fucking beast. Holy shit. If only Leo chose him instead of Bia to replace Milito...

Yes, yes, yes. Grande, Obi! Strong game.

il Biscione 84
19 Jan 11, 21:00
Looks very much promising considering his limited given playing space, but we need to see more of these performances to judge his abilities. Decent performance Joel ;)

Batman
19 Jan 11, 21:02
He must start in easier games when we're comfortable..

jmaster
19 Jan 11, 21:08
Nice one from Obi. Send him on loan till June, and then bring him back. He needs to play more.

JohnTheBaptist
19 Jan 11, 21:30
Well actually i am surprised by him, pretty decent lad. He is very strong, great body balance, difficult to take a ball away from. But lacks a lot of other elements to be starting material. Maybe in a couple of years if given the right training he can deliver. I want him to be Davits of this decade, he certanly has the dna of a fighter.

Stefan
19 Jan 11, 21:56
He was good when coming on.

snake
19 Jan 11, 22:14
He was good when coming on.

How come you're not jizzing over him like you did with Khrin...for what, 1 game?

Raul Duke
19 Jan 11, 23:33
I just hope we don't use him as a bargaining chip to get Sanchez.

blackmore
19 Jan 11, 23:34
man this guy definately can play....

cant belive we would have given him away in the sanchez deal :palm:

Sid
20 Jan 11, 07:50

:thumbsup:

if only...definitely better than biabiany...at least now leo knows who to put on next time and who to leave out (marco,bia)

uny_arturo
20 Jan 11, 09:02
What is his natural position? Box to box midfield or pure DM?

blackmore
20 Jan 11, 09:12
What is his natural position? Box to box midfield or pure DM?

more attacking MF, but seriously this kid can play anywhere.

he's the best youth product out of all (imho)that have come out of primevera including the likes of krhin, destro, alibech, santon. all he needs is time on the field.

cloudq
20 Jan 11, 09:14
i totally mistook obi for eto'o on more than one occasion

Ziyad
20 Jan 11, 09:21
i totally mistook obi for eto'o on more than one occasion
I think Obi did as well :)

Batman
20 Jan 11, 09:27
He was good since he made his debut this season, he played many matches (something like 10 or less this season) and started in milan derby and did a decent job there, but later he was injured.. every game he played i always impressed of him..not just the match against cesena..but still, needs a little time to improve. No loan please, since we will sell Muntari..then Obi will be in his place in the bench.

Besnik
20 Jan 11, 11:45
This guy is seriously promising. He should get more minutes than Bia :D

Alex de Large
20 Jan 11, 12:18
Guy must be a fan of Star Wars. Obi wankenobi, and chukwuma=chewaka.

Pajo
20 Jan 11, 12:55
He is more like box=to-box, attacking minded player who defends very well.. His workrate, his power, everything hes got is great. Even his technique and dribbling is great...

i hope he can become great player for us!

J.Zanetti86
20 Jan 11, 13:09
He is more like box=to-box, attacking minded player who defends very well.. His workrate, his power, everything hes got is great. Even his technique and dribbling is great...

i hope he can become great player for us!

I agree, Obi is a very interesting player, in my opinion he can become an important player in the future

Vibe
20 Jan 11, 13:13
What a strange footballer...

InteristaLT
20 Jan 11, 16:49
Just please Branca and MM...Don't give him to anyone.esp for Sanchez:palm:

Nero Indigo
20 Jan 11, 18:33
Guy must be a fan of Star Wars. Obi wankenobi, and chukwuma=chewaka.

:lol: I'm a Nigerian, and seeing the way you twisted his name is a chucklefest :lol:

Lionheart
20 Jan 11, 19:20
Obi was bad (good) yesterday, son! Remember that quick dribble he did & passed the ball to Pandev who failed to score? For a second I though it was Eto'o & when I saw it was him, I was all like WTF!!! We should keep this dawg around. His ass got potential.

Batman
20 Jan 11, 21:49

:confused:

il Biscione 84
20 Jan 11, 21:57

:rollani: What a strange post. Why strange?

DIN011
23 Jan 11, 13:40
Why didn't Leo sub him in? At least he can do something with the ball. The run against Cesena was better than anything Biabiany's ever done with the ball for us.

Stefan
31 Jan 11, 19:38
Parma bought 50% but he stays at inter till june.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=17644

jmaster
31 Jan 11, 19:39
Very stupid from us. He's a good player, and must stay here to fight for his place in the line up. I don't understand what happened...

DIN011
31 Jan 11, 19:45
Parma bought 50% but he stays at inter till june.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=17644

:( :palm:

CafeCordoba
31 Jan 11, 19:49
Why the fuck did we sell half of Obi? Explain to me.

Maslany
31 Jan 11, 19:49
What the fuck?!

Luka
31 Jan 11, 19:51
Why you guys afraid ?

As long, as we keep hold of 50%, the guy can be considered ours.

ps. Maybe Parma offered very good money for 50%, and we thought it is good chance to take it, evaluatin the player ? Who knows. Deffinetly our guys can better evaluate with better probability, if Obi will become better player.

DIN011
31 Jan 11, 19:54
Why you guys afraid ?

As long, as we keep hold of 50%, the guy can be considered ours.

ps. Maybe Parma offered very good money or 50%, and we thought it is good chance to take it, evaluatin the player ? Who knows. Deffinetly our guys can better evaluate with better probability, if Obi will become better player.

Can't even see why we did it. Does it really matter if they paid good money, though? We'll pay it back anyway.

Azzkikr
31 Jan 11, 19:56
I dont get what people are upset about either.

Its highly unlikely that he will ever become a leading first team player for us anyways.

In any case he needs first team football to develop and he wont get that here, playing for Parma next season should be good for him.

Luka
31 Jan 11, 20:09
Can't even see why we did it. Does it really matter if they paid good money, though? We'll pay it back anyway.
How do you know ?

There are a LOT more players who didn't succed, than the ones who did. Ther was Bolzoni, and Aquafresca and others. I'm sure out of all "Natalinos, Biraghis, Dell Agnellos" and so on, and so on, we'll be lucky if 1 of those will become something big.

You guys sometimes act, like every our guy is another Messi. I already got enough of the "What they are doing, giving Pele for Quaresma, he is our future playmaker !!!", or "I'd rather get Aquafresca than Milito".

Take it easy guys. It's just 50%. You should rather take this anger and put it where it belongs, namely Destro deal.

CafeCordoba
31 Jan 11, 20:18
Yeah maybe it's best for his development to play first team football, or at least more than what he could have done at Inter anyway. But we lose yet another club-trained player here. Well, more Primavera-youngsters to CL list.

But to think a bit further, co-ownerships are probably the best way to develop these kids.

Azzkikr
31 Jan 11, 20:32
Why would you keep Obi next season anyways?

At inter we dont really develop primavera players with the intent of using them in the first team anyways. We develop them with the intent of trading them in + cash deals for better players in Serie A. We have been doing this for a long time and will probably keep doing so. We are not Ajax or Barca who has exceptional youth academies where players are taught to play with the philosophy of the first team from they are kids.

The talent in our youth section is and has been limited, the only exception being Balotelli who could have broken into our first 11, but we all know how that turned out.

CafeCordoba
31 Jan 11, 21:21
Club-trained status and the fact that he has showed potential whenever player this season. I don't remember him playing a bad game this season.

il Biscione 84
31 Jan 11, 21:25
Yeah maybe it's best for his development to play first team football, or at least more than what he could have done at Inter anyway. But we lose yet another club-trained player here. Well, more Primavera-youngsters to CL list.

But to think a bit further, co-ownerships are probably the best way to develop these kids.

I never really considered him a first team player although he's been selected for most of the games. He just needs to prove that he's up to the challenge of being an important player for us. This co-ownership deal will help him develop away from all the pressure to impress in here plus getting more than 10 mins he usually gets. But why didn't we just wait til the end of this season and loaned him out than selling 1/2 of his contract? I mean if he moves to Parma next season and shows some potential it may cost us some cash to get full ownership.

Azzkikr
31 Jan 11, 21:28
We can just add another club trained player next season.

Obi only got a few minutes because we have had some extreme injury crisis. Thats highly unlikely to happen again.

There is also a big difference between showing abit of potential and then having what it takes to make a difference at a young age like Balotelli did to some degree. Obi is clearly not in the same league talentwise. The only reasonable choice is to have him get regular playing time at another club.

snake
31 Jan 11, 22:08
Half to Parma? Very good move. Shame we couldn't give him away now.

If Mariga, Stan, Sneijder weren't all injured this guy could be getting regular playing time.

Bravo Branca!

Bluenine
01 Feb 11, 10:23
Club-trained status and the fact that he has showed potential whenever player this season. I don't remember him playing a bad game this season.

Yeah, I too think this kid has what it takes... I would have prefered to loan him out next season, instead of a co-ownership deal... We will soon be spending millions to get him back... IMO this kid has potential to become better than his brother at Chelsea...

CafeCordoba
01 Feb 11, 10:28
Well, this has been talked about here many times, but co-ownership isn't that bad actually. That way we commit the smaller club to develop the player. When they own half of the player, they have stakes in the development process of the player. In loan deal, they don't have stakes, they only have an inexperienced young player and if the player develops, they get nothing. If he doesn't develop, they lose nothing. Genoa has been an exception in this one with Destro, but probably we've had agreed in the summer already that Destro will be part of the Ranocchia deal in the future (now it happened this winter) despite him going only on loan there at first.

Luka
01 Feb 11, 11:39
Well, this has been talked about here many times, but co-ownership isn't that bad actually. That way we commit the smaller club to develop the player. When they own half of the player, they have stakes in the development process of the player. In loan deal, they don't have stakes, they only have an inexperienced young player and if the player develops, they get nothing. If he doesn't develop, they lose nothing.
Yes, this is indeed how it works, but I think you guys are missing one point here. It's Inter who Obi stayed with, not Parma. So this theory ^^^ doesn't apply in this case, unless we call Inter a small club, and Parma a big club :P

blackmore
01 Feb 11, 12:50
Why the fuck did we sell half of Obi? Explain to me.

dude im in total agreement with you here...this guy is GUN!

vasilios
01 Feb 11, 22:11
Yes, this is indeed how it works, but I think you guys are missing one point here. It's Inter who Obi stayed with, not Parma. So this theory ^^^ doesn't apply in this case, unless we call Inter a small club, and Parma a big club :P

yeah, I don't really see the logic in this move. Like Cafe said, co-ownership makes sense when the player is going to a smaller club to get playing time, but when he's sitting on our bench it gets us nothing except for whatever small amount of money Parma paid to co-own him.

skeet
01 Feb 11, 22:30
he's obviously going to join parma in the summer, but the management want to keep him until we can get new midfielders in the summer

JJM
01 Feb 11, 22:33
WHY co-own and not just a loan or even that? This guy is a promising talent, Branca better know what he is doing here...

Batman
05 Feb 11, 12:08
Obi called up for Nigeria first team squad against Sierra Leone.. Congrats Obi!! dont get injured please..

il Biscione 84
05 Feb 11, 12:19
Obi called up for Nigeria first team squad against Sierra Leone.. Congrats Obi!! dont get injured please..

Wow already! :P G'Luck Obi...

Sokrates
05 Feb 11, 12:23
I like this guy

Ayalon
09 Feb 11, 20:01
Apparently had a great game today with Nigeria against Seirra Leonne, led the midfield, assisted a goal and got a standing ovation when subbed off. Well done!

il Biscione 84
09 Feb 11, 20:27
Apparently had a great game today with Nigeria against Seirra Leonne, led the midfield, assisted a goal and got a standing ovation when subbed off. Well done!

Wow good to hear :) Did he play as AM?

Ayalon
09 Feb 11, 20:35
Wow good to hear :) Did he play as AM?

Not sure man, I read it on the recap :D

il Biscione 84
09 Feb 11, 20:40
Not sure man, I read it on the recap :D

Ah well lol I'll wait for the highlight :) I really wanna see more of this guy.

Batman
09 Feb 11, 20:42
this came from goal.com:

Afterwards it was the Super Eagles who dominated the match with debutant Inter’s Joel Obi leading the midfield charge. Soon enough the home crowd began to chant his praise screaming “Obi, Obi, Obi” into the night air.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2011/02/09/2345393/nigeria-2-1-sierra-leone-injury-depleted-eagles-manage-a-win

happy for him, well done Obi :D

Luka
09 Feb 11, 20:44
If that's true I'm happy for him. If he will keep trying, and improving(even on inter trainings) he can still win a place in this team. It's a road of every players with some pottential. Sanchez also didn't played from the start at Udinese. Obviously Udinese is no Inter, but same patter applies, just that it will take probably much longer, untill he can be considered as the proper squad player.

But SOME pottential is there. He played some last year, he played more this year, plus this NT. Who knows, maybe 1, 2 years, and he can grow into some proper squad option.

thatdude
09 Feb 11, 20:46
From Inter.it

The international friendly between Joel Obi's Nigeria and Sierra Leone at the National Stadium in Lagos ended 2-1.

The Nerazzurri player was in the starting line-up as he made his debut with the senior side. After setting up Nigeria's second goal he was substituted to a standing ovation in the 64th minute.

il Biscione 84
09 Feb 11, 20:48
I think he will only improve and develop if we loan him to another Serie A club where he finds more space to play, player doesn't really benefit from training imo.

thatdude
09 Feb 11, 20:50
If that's true I'm happy for him. If he will keep trying, and improving(even on inter trainings) he can still win a place in this team. It's a road of every players with some pottential. Sanchez also didn't played from the start at Udinese. Obviously Udinese is no Inter, but same patter applies, just that it will take probably much longer, untill he can be considered as the proper squad player.

But SOME pottential is there. He played some last year, he played more this year, plus this NT. Who knows, maybe 1, 2 years, and he can grow into some proper squad option.

I think this summer we should let him go to Parma and gain playing time. He won't get enough to grow here. Cristeg can take his spot on the roster and train with the big boys for a year. Then we can go from there.

Ayalon
09 Feb 11, 20:52
Assuming we currently have 6 players ahead of him the midfield pecking order, a loan next season could do him a lot of good, barring any injuries.

Luka
09 Feb 11, 22:00
I think this summer we should let him go to Parma and gain playing time. He won't get enough to grow here. Cristeg can take his spot on the roster and train with the big boys for a year. Then we can go from there.
I have no problem with that. In fact I always preffer our younger guys to play at lesser serieA teams, than to just train with first team.

cloudq
11 Feb 11, 14:34
this is a reason why the FIGC should create a reserves division between the primavera and serie a/b

il Biscione 84
11 Feb 11, 15:43
this is a reason why the FIGC should create a reserves division between the primavera and serie a/b

This! They need a reserves league to keep them reserve players in good shape during the season and allow scouts to see them in action. They got this in England and Spain but sadly not in Italy!

Dylan
20 Mar 11, 17:28
So what's the story with this guy next season?

skeet
20 Mar 11, 18:17
So what's the story with this guy next season?

he will go to parma on co-ownership

Batman
20 Mar 11, 19:16
It's a bit sad for me but, it's good for him and us since it's co-ownership.. he can develop into a great player there, and can return to us in 2 years or more and he already ready for the first team.. I just hope Parma will be back to their good form next season, they're shit now btw..

Dylan
21 Mar 11, 16:47
He's been more impressive in his performances than Coutinho and Mariga(Well his 5 mins at the end of a couple of games) so I hope we don't end up selling him.

Universe
22 Mar 11, 00:32
I do hate how Kharja plays instead of him. Even if it is only for a few minutes.

DARi0
22 Mar 11, 07:46
Obi needs constant playing time in order to improve and make himself a name.
I agree with letting him go on a co-ownership deal, it's a win-win situation.

Batman
22 Mar 11, 11:43
I do hate how Kharja plays instead of him. Even if it is only for a few minutes.

You shouldnt be surprised..this is Leo..who loves old guys..

Batman
24 Mar 11, 18:11
Are Obi, Santon, Viviano and Destro have the same agent? I really didnt understand what did google translate about that.. But I understood that an agent says Santon and Obi probably will remain in Inter next season, while Viviano and Destro will not..

here http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=42387

breezy
24 Mar 11, 18:46
Do Inter give youth a chance?

Leonardo is no Wenger that's for sure. Players like Coutinho, Santon, Mariga and Obi will offer more at times than Pandev, Kharja and even Stankovic who seems past it tbh.

skeet
24 Mar 11, 22:27
Do Inter give youth a chance?

Leonardo is no Wenger that's for sure. Players like Coutinho, Santon, Mariga and Obi will offer more at times than Pandev, Kharja and even Stankovic who seems past it tbh.

santon mariga and coutinho are COMPLETELY different players from pandev stankovic and kharja, what they offer on the pitch is practically incomparable

and ps. mariga gets plenty of time whenever he isn't injured (which is a LOT), coutinho loses more balls than pandev and the last game he was good at was against sampdoria in october, obi has played a total of about 40 official minutes for inter so unless you know him personally he, like all other youngsters, is shit until proven otherwise, and santon has been given more chances than fans would have liked, last season he had 2 surgeries and starting him this season was basically like starting 1-0 down

Raul Duke
24 Mar 11, 22:54
santon mariga and coutinho are COMPLETELY different players from pandev stankovic and kharja, what they offer on the pitch is practically incomparable

and ps. mariga gets plenty of time whenever he isn't injured (which is a LOT), coutinho loses more balls than pandev and the last game he was good at was against sampdoria in october, obi has played a total of about 40 official minutes for inter so unless you know him personally he, like all other youngsters, is shit until proven otherwise, and santon has been given more chances than fans would have liked, last season he had 2 surgeries and starting him this season was basically like starting 1-0 down

I agree with you 100% but I would also like to see some of the players mentioned be bought on when the game is already decided. If we're winning 3-0 by half time, it wouldn't hurt to substitute an injury prone Sneijder/Motta/Deki for an Obi/Mariga/Cou.

skeet
24 Mar 11, 23:03
I agree with you 100% but I would also like to see some of the players mentioned be bought on when the game is already decided. If we're winning 3-0 by half time, it wouldn't hurt to substitute an injury prone Sneijder/Motta/Deki for an Obi/Mariga/Cou.

obviously, but when are inter ever leading comfortably :lol:

DIN011
09 Apr 11, 19:21
I honestly believe that this guy is better than Kharja in pretty much everything. Only thing Kharja has over him is experience...but fuck experience tbh. Dude started a Milan derby, fuck y'all.

Seriously tho, he is stronger than Kharja, he's MUCH faster than Kharja, he can dribble better than Kharja (remember that run against Cesena? 8055), he can actually win a ball, he covers more space, HE'S VERSATILE and last but not least, he's younger. Why waste minutes on that fucker Kharja, who we all know isn't going to get any better, than use Obi, who can be a future star. I really believe that.

Batman
09 Apr 11, 19:25
I honestly believe that this guy is better than Kharja in pretty much everything. Only thing Kharja has over him is experience...but fuck experience tbh. Dude started a Milan derby, fuck y'all.

Seriously tho, he is stronger than Kharja, he's MUCH faster than Kharja, he can dribble better than Kharja (remember that run against Cesena? 8055), he can actually win a ball, he covers more space, HE'S VERSATILE and last but not least, he's younger. Why waste minutes on that fucker Kharja, who we all know isn't going to get any better, than use Obi, who can be a future star. I really believe that.

Agree with every part of your post, totally deserves this:

DDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. .

Batman
18 Apr 11, 18:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYZ2XwL7as

9:03.. like a 8055!!

snake
19 Apr 11, 01:04
lol this dude is riding off one nice play...

Kind of like stefanos lover boy :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vs2ApD76Eo

I'll admit...both beautiful plays.

Edit: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB at Pandev in the clip Huz posted. What a fucking spastic. Misses an easy shot then dives to the floor. :palm:

DIN011
19 Apr 11, 23:32
If he doesn't get any minutes against Lazio I'll...fuck shit up.

Ana Banana
20 Apr 11, 00:04
Most likely, you'll have to fuck shit up. Pisses me off... dude's got talent. We should use that to our advantage

black-n-blue influence
20 Apr 11, 07:57
Those 15 minutes he played againts Roma,he was great,really. He has a very nice style of playing. He stopped 2 or 3 Roma attacks and created some fast counter-attacks with Sneijder. I don't really know why Leo doesn't give him any chances,Obi could be a real help.

b4h4mooth
20 Apr 11, 08:07
We have the cure now for midfield Snei-Obi Rombo.

blackmore
20 Apr 11, 08:24
We have the cure now for midfield Snei-Obi Rombo.

we have always had it. its just that leo fails to see it as such!

chipschups
20 Apr 11, 08:31
definately better than king kharja,,,
love his spirit on pitch today