PDA

View Full Version : Samuel Eto'o

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Alex de Large
19 Jul 09, 16:19
http://inter.it/aas/img/118789-500.jpg

Official: Eto'o signs five-year deal
Monday, 27 July 2009 21:23:56

MILAN - Samuel Eto'o is an Inter player. At 20:37 this evening in the offices of vice president Rinaldo Ghelfi, the striker signed a five-year contract until 30 June 2014. Also present were Inter technical director Marco Branca, transfer market consultant Gabriele Oriali, lawyer Angelo Cappellini and his agents José Mesalles e Claudio Vigorelli.
Everyone at FC Internazionale and all the fans warmly welcome Samuel Eto'o to the club, and are proud to have him in the team, convinced that new and important triumphs will be reached together.
Eto'o will be unveiled to the press at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti in Appiano Gentile on Tuesday 28 July at 14:30. Journalists, TV operators and photographers will be admitted at 14:00.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=31823&L=en

Samuel Eto'o Fils (born 10 March 1981 in Douala) is a Cameroonian football player who currently plays as a striker for Inter.
Eto'o has scored over 100 goals in five seasons with FC Barcelona, and is also the record holder in number of appearances by an African player in La Liga.[2] As of June 2009, he is the 4th highest goalscorer in Barça's history and the only member of the current squad to be in the top 10. He is one of only two players, along with Raúl, to have scored in two separate UEFA Champions League finals.
As a member of the Cameroon national team, he was a part of the squad that won the 2000 Olympic tournament; he has participated in two World Cups and five African Nations Cups (being champion twice), and is the all-time leading scorer in the history of the African Nations Cup, with 16 goals.

Edited by CafeCordoba, this is how it's done. (Added pic -Ehsan)

Besnik
19 Jul 09, 16:22
WELCOME ETO'O, hopefully you'll do great here :)

nzinter
19 Jul 09, 16:22
he isnt our player yet move this thread please

NimAraya
19 Jul 09, 16:27
WTH!!!!:wth: :dielaugh:

CafeCordoba
27 Jul 09, 20:32
Official: Eto'o signs five-year deal
Monday, 27 July 2009 21:23:56

MILAN - Samuel Eto'o is an Inter player. At 20:37 this evening in the offices of vice president Rinaldo Ghelfi, the striker signed a five-year contract until 30 June 2014. Also present were Inter technical director Marco Branca, transfer market consultant Gabriele Oriali, lawyer Angelo Cappellini and his agents José Mesalles e Claudio Vigorelli.
Everyone at FC Internazionale and all the fans warmly welcome Samuel Eto'o to the club, and are proud to have him in the team, convinced that new and important triumphs will be reached together.
Eto'o will be unveiled to the press at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti in Appiano Gentile on Tuesday 28 July at 14:30. Journalists, TV operators and photographers will be admitted at 14:00.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=31823&L=en

Michael
27 Jul 09, 20:34
Welcome to Inter. I'm looking forward to see you scoring goals for Inter. You'll do well.

DARi0
27 Jul 09, 20:35
Welcome! I just hope we will deserve his money. He has a lot to prove!

Luka
27 Jul 09, 20:36
Finally some good news. Welcome Samuel !!!

Forza ragazzi
27 Jul 09, 20:38
Our top-scorer next season. Happy about this transfer.

Jimmy Page
27 Jul 09, 20:42
Welcome, I hope you will be good at Inter Samuel

A.l.i
27 Jul 09, 20:43
Welcome Samuel !! I hope you get a creative player behind you to support you next season.

Alex de Large
27 Jul 09, 20:48
Well, sorry CC, i was waiting for being official to edit the post and put there some stuff.

Welcome Samuel!

JohnTheBaptist
27 Jul 09, 20:54
Well hello there u goal scoring monster. :D

Rimpel
27 Jul 09, 21:07
SUP Eto'o, welcome! I hope all that money is worth it

Djorkaeff6
27 Jul 09, 21:10
I don't really watch Spanish soccer so can someone enlighten me on what kind of striker Eto'o is?

Principe
27 Jul 09, 21:17
Welcome Samuel Eto'o, I hope you have a great journey with Inter and that you push us with the help of the team to a point much further than that which Zlatan was capable of doing, and if there's any player capable of doing such a thing it's you.

Can't wait to see him scoring in our colors, seeing Milito score last night made me so happy, and watching Eto'o do the same will be ecstatic.

Ziyad
27 Jul 09, 21:20
Welcome E2.May the best days of your career be ahead of you.Lots of love from every Inter fan.We forgot the past the future now is E2 @Inter..Show us what you've got!

Adam
27 Jul 09, 21:22
Welcome Eto'o.:) May you prove all your doubters wrong, including myself and score more goals than you ever have before. I wish for you to become an Inter legend.

Stefan
27 Jul 09, 21:22
Welcome Lion King.:)

edi-inter
27 Jul 09, 21:25
Welcome Samuel Eto

Efrain21C
27 Jul 09, 21:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npHN9WA_Vos

if anyone can place the video in here, are the top 10 goals from 08/09

The_Emperor
27 Jul 09, 21:27
Welcome Eto'o.

I wonder if Eto'o will kiss our badge on his presentation?:D

Gano
27 Jul 09, 21:28
The dawn of a new era! Welcome, Samuel.

Adam
27 Jul 09, 21:29
One thing though...Does he pluck his eyebows? :D

Luka
27 Jul 09, 21:33
Can't wait to see him scoring in our colors, seeing Milito score last night made me so happy, and watching Eto'o do the same will be ecstatic.
:proud:

When Milito scored I was like "Holy shit, how much time it passed since I watched such a cool finish from a striker at Inter". (I didn't consider Zlatan as a number 9 at our team)

Efrain21C
27 Jul 09, 21:37
Hopefully Samuel will score a lot of goals for us :D

Suneet
27 Jul 09, 21:40
He will be a legend. Welcome, I never thought I would see Eto'o play for us.

shaikhshake
27 Jul 09, 21:53
what time will etoo be unveiled here in the US?

Nero Indigo
27 Jul 09, 21:57
Welcome Eto'o* Let's play ball.....

Luka
27 Jul 09, 21:59
what time will etoo be unveiled here in the US?
The team is already back in Italy, or on it's way. I know they are suppose to be back tomorrow or something.

Thus E2 will not go to US.

CafeCordoba
27 Jul 09, 21:59
Welcome Eto'o! I expect lots of goals from you, and lots of work!

You once said "I'm here to run like a black, so I can live like a white"

Hopefully that is still valid. :cool:

NimAraya
27 Jul 09, 22:15
Welcome Eto'o. I don't expect any special thing from you. Just repay us what we're paying for u.

shaikhshake
27 Jul 09, 22:22
The team is already back in Italy, or on it's way. I know they are suppose to be back tomorrow or something.

Thus E2 will not go to US.

what i meant was when in PST will he be unveiled (U.S Pacific Standard Time)

J zanetti
27 Jul 09, 22:23
Welcome to the club. It’s just a pity you had to arrive in such a deal. Due to obvious reasons I don’t feel much excitement over getting such quality player!! :rollani:

Luka
27 Jul 09, 22:31
what i meant was when in PST will he be unveiled (U.S Pacific Standard Time)
Oh... sorry, I didn't understand you.

The presentation will be at 14:30 CET, and this is 7 hours after Chicago time. I hope you can take it from there.

Efrain21C
27 Jul 09, 22:53
tomorrow?

F U C K MILAN
27 Jul 09, 22:59
please make inter look smart and barca stuped...i doubt it but i hope i am proven wrong

Luka
27 Jul 09, 23:21
tomorrow?
Yup.

szasza02
27 Jul 09, 23:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npHN9WA_Vos

the top 10 goals from 08/09compare this to Zlatan's top 10 in the same season, dude.

anyway, all the best (or even more) to this fella. I hope he wins Inter a CL against real in bernabeu, and in the heat of the winning ceremony he starts his old song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs4Yp0NZb8M
MADRID, CABRÓN, SALUD' AL CAMPEÓN! :D

interlab
27 Jul 09, 23:25
Welcome Eto'o im sure ur gonna be great for us just like ibra even more cuz in my opinion ur the best striker in the world ...

KardiacKid
27 Jul 09, 23:54
Samuel Eto'o...Welcome to Inter!!!

Eto'o and Milito are going to form one helluva partnership!!!

lonewolf19
28 Jul 09, 00:46
Benvenuto Eto'o!!
I am excited by this move and hope you will score lots for us.

blackmore
28 Jul 09, 01:51
finally...welcome samu and kick some ass buddy....

lonewolf19
28 Jul 09, 01:58
We definitely want to see more of these

wRuEiouWhIM

7rHqShnxCCA

Michael
28 Jul 09, 02:16
Eto'o: "I feel we can win the CL. But I target all possible trophies. I'm as strong (good) as Ibra. Inter with me and Milito can win everything. I'm in great shape and I will play everything like a final."

He will travel to Monaco with the squad (one game friendly) after the presentation tomorrow. He's certainly saying the right things let's hope he lives up to his words.

Efrain21C
28 Jul 09, 02:47
compare this to Zlatan's top 10 in the same season, dude.

anyway, all the best (or even more) to this fella. I hope he wins Inter a CL against real in bernabeu, and in the heat of the winning ceremony he starts his old song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs4Yp0NZb8M
MADRID, CABRÓN, SALUD' AL CAMPEÓN! :D

stop living in the past and live the present =D zlatan was our key player last seasons, now we have to change our expectations...

The_Eradicator
28 Jul 09, 03:04
Welcome to Inter Sammy!! I am sure he will bring us much joy and plenty of goals. Can't wait to see his first game.

Wallace
28 Jul 09, 03:50
Welcome to Inter "E2" :rollani:....

lonewolf19
28 Jul 09, 04:19
From ESPN.com

Eto'o targets Champions League glory with Inter

Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o has signed a five-year deal with Inter Milan and has immediately targeted Champions League glory for his new club.

The Barcelona striker has sealed a switch to the San Siro in a deal which will see Zlatan Ibrahimovic move the other way while Inter will also receive €46m.

Eto'o is delighted to have signed for Inter and, having won the Champions League three times at Real Madrid and Barca, has vowed to repeat his European success with his new club.

"I'm very happy to finally have arrived in Milan,'' he said. "For me this is a new adventure and I really want to make the very most of everything. I'm starting a new life and I hope it brings happiness and success. My first aim will be to win the Champions League.''

Eto'o also praised his new team-mates who beat bitter rivals AC Milan 2-0 in a pre-season friendly.

"I learnt that they won the derby in America,'' added the Cameroon international. "I am very happy for this important success.''

A statement on Inter's website welcomed the player's arrival to the club: ''Everyone at FC Internazionale and all the fans warmly welcome Samuel Eto'o to the club, and are proud to have him in the team, convinced that new and important triumphs will be reached together.''

After completing his medical, Eto'o said he was looking forward to establishing himself as a force in Serie A after five prolific seasons with Barca.

''I made history at Barcelona, but that history is finished now,'' he said. ''A new story begins at Inter; I'm starting from scratch; I want a new adventure and I hope everything goes well.

''I can't but wish Ibrahimovic good luck. I have won a lot at Barcelona and now I hope to do the same with these colours, if not, more.''

Eto'o also pledged to score more goals than he did during his time at Barcelona.

''I promise the fans that I will work every day, as I have always done,'' said Eto'o - who scored 39 goals in 49 appearances for the Catalans last term.

''This is at the base of everything. I believe in my work and the group. I don't have to say that what I want to do is score even more goals; I know I'm capable of scoring goals and I know that through my work I will score even more.''

Anne Marie
28 Jul 09, 04:41
Dont get me wrong, I saw that 80% of E2 goals was assisted by almost perfect passes from midfileders...hope he could produces more with such a medium services from our players...

Btw, welcome to Inter, wish him all the best.

minterke
28 Jul 09, 05:24
It took Eto'o 10 min vs. Manchester to do what Ibra couldn't in 180. That's what I like.

Energy
28 Jul 09, 07:33
Eto'o can score from anywhere. We just need someone to provide him the ball. I expect a lot of out him, cause he's just sick.

NimAraya
28 Jul 09, 07:53
For Fucksake man throw away this stupid E2 thing!! That's moronic and childish!!

Besnik
28 Jul 09, 07:54
Nice to see class goal scorer in our team, we losed one superstar but now we have a class goal scorer + one fantastic dribbler (Alexander Hleb), hopefully Samuel Eto'o will score a lot of goals for Inter in official matches, Ibra leaved now I think Eto'o & Milito will be most important strikers, they will be great partnership (just is missing one assister like Ibra was or can be Cassano, and will be perfect formation for us).

Welcome Samuel Eto'o :star: !!!

lonewolf19
28 Jul 09, 08:41
I am sorry but I really wish Cameroon does not qualify for African Cup. We are gonna need every bit of Eto'o in the delicate Jan-Feb CL knockout match.

Nero Indigo
28 Jul 09, 08:47
aaaaaaaaaw that's really sweet* :D

ALAIN7
28 Jul 09, 09:04
I'm sure Eto'o is gonna do fine with us. I still believe we need Cassano though, even though Moratti said we're gonna stay as we are.

Never trust Moratti. :P

CafeCordoba
28 Jul 09, 09:17
I am sorry but I really wish Cameroon does not qualify for African Cup. We are gonna need every bit of Eto'o in the delicate Jan-Feb CL knockout match.

I think it's the Cup of Nations is only on January.

rockball
28 Jul 09, 09:21
Our great striker legacy continues. Its fascinating that in the last decade we have had strikers like Ronaldo, Batistuta, Crespo, Vieiri, Zlatan, Adriano and now Eto'o play for us. Just with our midfield was that great all these years. Can only recollect Veron as a great one among all those featured.

CafeCordoba
28 Jul 09, 09:26
Can only recollect Veron as a great one among all those featured.

Let's not start with this...except that Veron was the cancer of the team! :D

But yeah, Moratti likes superstar strikers, that has been proven correct once again.

rsz85
28 Jul 09, 09:30
it will starts at Jan 10th. It is a 16 team tournament so i think it will closed about February 1st.

Luka
28 Jul 09, 10:09
For Fucksake man throw away this stupid E2 thing!! That's moronic and childish!!
I never seen anybody saying calling Materazzi Matrix is childish or moronic, although I don't like it. But I don't start a crusade against it. I like the nickname E2, and it seems so does many people.

NimAraya
28 Jul 09, 10:23
I never seen anybody saying calling Materazzi Matrix is childish or moronic, although I don't like it. But I don't start a crusade against it. I like the nickname E2, and it seems so does many people.

Seems my problems with u will last forever boy! E2 is no Matrix or Cafe or Deki. It's like u tell Eto'o name to a baby and s/he can't pronounce it right and instead says E2! That definitely sounds childish and it's a moronic name as well.

Campione
28 Jul 09, 10:27
Hope he'll show his full potential and deserve his huge salary. Welcome Eto'o

Luka
28 Jul 09, 10:36
Seems my problems with u will last forever boy! E2 is no Matrix or Cafe or Deki. It's like u tell Eto'o name to a baby and s/he can't pronounce it right and instead says E2! That definitely sounds childish and it's a moronic name as well.
And I bet you're polish right? Let me tell you a secret, what sounds cool in one country, can sound like shit in another. For example... Deki sounds morronic in polish, yet I don't complain.

NimAraya
28 Jul 09, 10:45
And I bet you're polish right? Let me tell you a secret, what sounds cool in one country, can sound like shit in another. For example... Deki sounds morronic in polish, yet I don't complain.

No I'm no polish. But still my problem with E2 is not that. I say this name is completely meaningless cause it seems it's just has been used to be an easier way to type his name. ANyway I won't disagree on the name Deki. It sounds moronic in all languages!! Benny knows what I mean!!:D

Bes
28 Jul 09, 11:08
Welcome! Do good...

Il Genio
28 Jul 09, 12:13

It's pronounced Et-ó, right?

E2 would be more like Etoo.

Alessandro
28 Jul 09, 12:27

If we are talking pronunciation with the number 2, it would be simply be

Eh-2. :P

NimAraya
28 Jul 09, 12:36

No it's Nikki Sixx!:rolleyes:

Il Genio
28 Jul 09, 12:59
If we are talking pronunciation with the number 2, it would be simply be

Eh-2. :P

Sure about that? I'm pretty sure the first "o" is silent and the second enunciated; Et-ó.

Ah, nevermind...

Executioner93
28 Jul 09, 13:10
His name is Eto'o please. E2, the reason why I hate it is a stupid nickname no offense it just plain sux I'm sorry for a player like him I just think calling him by either his first name or full last name is better then just straight calling him E2 it has no connection because if you pronounce e2 its like e-too his name is Eto'o.
Eh-toh is how it sounds some pronounce it a little differently but his name is not E2 E-to its just not E2 please stop using that shitty nickname for the guy.

CafeCordoba
28 Jul 09, 13:14
I agree. E2 is a completely tool nickname. If you want some "cool" abbreviation bullshit nickname, E9 is much better IMO.

NimAraya
28 Jul 09, 13:15
lol. That nickname looks like 69 Cafe! e9=69

alvaro
28 Jul 09, 13:24
Uncle Samuel.

NimAraya
28 Jul 09, 13:27
Uncle Samuel loves 2 69.

Besnik
28 Jul 09, 13:33
SE9 is better :P

Alex de Large
28 Jul 09, 13:38
Papa Eto'o, period.

Link for the presentation? ;)

David Suazo
28 Jul 09, 13:40
NVM

Besnik
28 Jul 09, 13:40
Papa Eto'o, period.

Link for the presentation? ;)

Executioner93 have posted in thread Inter Streams..

but here is URL of presentation :) ...

http://sport.sky.it/sport/speciali_sport/ledirettedisky.html

btw, I'm looking in this URL :)

enjoy!

Ilkinio
28 Jul 09, 13:41
http://www.justin.tv/socipp/old

Eto'o looks retarded.

Alex de Large
28 Jul 09, 13:41
Thanks both.

Stefan
28 Jul 09, 13:45
http://www.justin.tv/socipp/old

Eto'o looks retarded.

goal.com sounds worse. Apparently ibra wore number 9 while he played for us.

According to whispers inside the press room, the Cameroon international will be given the famous number 9 jersey, as worn by Ibrahimovic between 2006 and 2009. Brazil legend Ronaldo also wore this number from 1998 to 2002. Between 1997 and 1998, Ronaldo wore the number 10, Ibrahimovic's number for just two games before he left for Barcelona.

Gano
28 Jul 09, 13:50
So, number 9 in Inter is like number 7 in ManUtd, right ?

Alessandro
28 Jul 09, 13:53
I'm watching but can't understand his response lol any translation anyone?

Stefan
28 Jul 09, 13:55
So, number 9 in Inter is like number 7 in ManUtd, right ?

Number 9 has always been the main striker number traditionally, not just at inter.

Executioner93
28 Jul 09, 13:58
http://sport.sky.it/sport/speciali_sport/ledirettedisky.html

Stefan
28 Jul 09, 13:59
I am going to have a big laugh if he wins it and ibra still doesn't.

Eto'o is eyeing the Ballon d'Or and Champions League: "I played 13 years in Spain and it was great. Barcelona were a family to me and so were the fans. I leave Barcelona with my head held high.

"Everyone writes their history. I would like to write history with Inter. The Ballon d'Or is an individual prize and I cannot do this without Inter. My Ballon d'Or would be winning the Scudetto and other things with the team. If I win the Ballon d'Or then it will be a bonus.

Grujinho
28 Jul 09, 14:02
If we dont bring another fantasista to our team (cassano/sneijder..) we will have tough time winning the CL

Executioner93
28 Jul 09, 14:02
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/76164/Eto%27o+all%27Inter%2C+la+presentazione+in+diretta

here for those who dont understand Spanish or italian follow an up to the minute Italian translation its up to you guys to translate it.
It wil give you some questions they think are important obviously not everything will be there but if you guys wanted somewhere to read what he says every couple of mins there you go. Btw I love Eto'o and his demeanor he just seems like such a happy person i absolutely love the positive attitude.

Nerazzurro
28 Jul 09, 14:03
On why he didn't kiss the Inter shirt like Ibra did with Barca's:

I feel that I need to win and gain confidence and affection from the fans first, and don't feel the need to invent this kind of affection. If Ibra wants to kiss Barca's shirt let him.

Stefan
28 Jul 09, 14:04
Why did you not kiss the Inter shirt after Zlatan Ibrahimovic kissed the Barcelona shirt?

"I want to gain the confidence of the fans first before anything else. These things just happen, you don't make them up. The reason I didn't kiss the shirt is that I want to win first and give my response on the pitch.

"Whatever Ibrahimovic done is his own business. If he kiss the Barcelona shirt then good for him."

Luka
28 Jul 09, 14:06
Great words from Samuel. That's the difference between them, despite both having big ego's.

Barca fans can be happy of having him as a player until now.

Alex de Large
28 Jul 09, 14:06
He said it should be special to win CL with Inter after all this time without winning CL. One of the facts because he came here is this.

He always insist he is a team-player.

Alex de Large
28 Jul 09, 14:13
Mou said he will play 30 minutes in Montecarlo.

CafeCordoba
28 Jul 09, 14:16
Mou said he will play 30 minutes in Montecarlo.

LOL. Eto'o started his pre-season basically this morning. Rest of the team have been sweating for the last two weeks. :P

Well, it's good to have him take part in the real matches straight away. Though I maybe wouldn't start him against Lazio, with only 30mins of match practice on him.

tritolone
28 Jul 09, 14:17
I never liked Eto'o, let's hope he proves me wrong

Executioner93
28 Jul 09, 14:18
Montecarlo who are we playing on Thursday? Hopefully we get a nice stream so we can see our boy in action.

Efrain21C
28 Jul 09, 14:19
Eto'o gave a wise interview

CafeCordoba
28 Jul 09, 14:19
Montecarlo who are we playing on Thursday? Hopefully we get a nice stream so we can see our boy in action.

Pirelly-Sky Trophy, against AS Monaco.

Nerazzurro
28 Jul 09, 14:22
LOL @ Eto'o jumping with the fans. "CHI NON SALTA ROSSO/BIANCONERO EH! EH!".

Efrain21C
28 Jul 09, 14:26
LOL. Eto'o started his pre-season basically this morning. Rest of the team have been sweating for the last two weeks. :P

Well, it's good to have him take part in the real matches straight away. Though I maybe wouldn't start him against Lazio, with only 30mins of match practice on him.

Maicon / JC arrived like on thursday and played on sunday so... :P

CafeCordoba
28 Jul 09, 14:28
Maicon / JC arrived like on thursday and played on sunday so... :P

Yeah, but they were training and playing with Brazil in Conf Cup. They hadn't been on vacation for almost two months like Eto'o.

NimAraya
28 Jul 09, 14:42
When will Uncle Sam be represented?!

Nerazzurro
28 Jul 09, 14:44
Umm he was just presented about an hour ago...

NimAraya
28 Jul 09, 14:56
So why I don't see any Press Conference at Inter.it?!

Rimpel
28 Jul 09, 14:58
what a lion :D

Efrain21C
28 Jul 09, 15:05
So why I don't see any Press Conference at Inter.it?!

Because they usually take some time for putting the interview

Efrain21C
28 Jul 09, 15:06
In fact, there it is :)

Adam
28 Jul 09, 15:11
Ahh damn, I missed it. Does anyone have a link to his presentation?

Luka
28 Jul 09, 15:20
Not yet Adam. Probably the files and youtube videos emerge in some time.

Efrain21C
28 Jul 09, 15:26
I watched like 10 mins of the interview only... Too early for me

Luka
28 Jul 09, 15:32
Here you go Adam.

f7MgxrIwzjc

Anyone knows what Eto'o said some people laughed in the middle of the video ?

Adam
28 Jul 09, 15:33
Thx man! Much appreciated. :)

Michael
28 Jul 09, 15:36
Luka...thanks for the vid. Just like some of the people here I missed it. Thanks again.

Alex de Large
28 Jul 09, 15:43
Here you go Adam.

f7MgxrIwzjc

Anyone knows what Eto'o said some people laughed in the middle of the video ?

Minute exactly?

Adam
28 Jul 09, 15:48
Is there any video where he's jumping with the fans?

lonewolf19
28 Jul 09, 15:48
Btw guys, anyone know how many ppl attended the presentation?

Some great words from Eto'o so far

Luka
28 Jul 09, 15:56
Minute exactly?
8:50

Michael
28 Jul 09, 15:57
500 fans at the training ground. I read it somewhere I don remember.

Il Genio
28 Jul 09, 16:01
This is gonna be great for us.

Efrain21C
28 Jul 09, 16:12
well he just said

I don't think I need translation, because I understand everything he has said

Adam
28 Jul 09, 16:13
Found it. :)

JzhG2i603yI

Alex de Large
28 Jul 09, 16:13
8:50

The guy from the press ask something about what Eto'o said about Mourinho in the hot games vs Chelsea. Then Eto'o says: i don't think i need a translation here because i understand what he just said, and people laugh.

Eto'o thinks what happens on the field, happens on the field, and he didn't say anything bad about the coach (he say to the guy on the press he can take him the tape when he say that to prove it, cause he didn't talk bs about him), he loves hot games btw.
also said, has been chances of be with Mourinho in da last years but cause of bad luck didn't happen, so now he is proud of play under Jose Mourinho.

Luka
28 Jul 09, 16:16
Thanks a lot Alex.

jamsieboy86
28 Jul 09, 16:27
Happy Eto'o is to be our new number 9.

Nero Indigo
28 Jul 09, 16:31
Lets Go! Eto'o!! :D

Xtrack
28 Jul 09, 17:11
That e2 is so STUPID! :)
We call him the Black Arrow :)

Faяouk
28 Jul 09, 17:13
"Maybe winning the Champions League with Inter will feel like how it felt the first time with Barcelona as it had been a long time since they won it last," Eto'o told the media during his official presentation.

"Everyone writes their history. I would like to write history with Inter.

"My Ballon d'Or would be winning the Scudetto and other things with the team. If I win the Ballon d'Or then it will be a bonus."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic kissed the Barcelona jersey during his presentation on Monday at the Camp Nou. Eto'o did not do the same with the Inter shirt during Tuesday's unveiling and he has explained why.

The Cameroon striker has told Ibrahimovic that you win over the fans by winning on the pitch, rather than by kissing the shirt.

"I am Eto'o and I don't like being compared to others. Ibrahimovic? I wish him all the best at Barcelona - My home for five years," added the striker.

"The reason I didn't kiss the shirt is that I want to win first and give my response on the pitch.

"Whatever Ibrahimovic did is his own business. If he kissed the Barcelona shirt then good for him."

Real man. Respect.

Nyall
28 Jul 09, 17:15
I don't get why this guy is even called arrogant. His answers are extremely humble.

Adam
28 Jul 09, 17:23
So was Ibra's in his presentation. Would you say Ibra is humble? In fact Ibra's words towards Eto'o were that of praise and respect while I can detect a bit of bitterness in Eto'o's.

You want another Eto'o quote? "If I was Brazilian I would of won the Balon d'Or instead of Ronaldinho". Humble huh?

Suneet
28 Jul 09, 17:34
He reminds me of Ronaldo. Bald head number 9 great goal scoring record....

Nyall
28 Jul 09, 17:35
What the fuck does this have to do with the stupid glory hunter?! This is Eto'o's thread if you wanna go talk about Ibra go in his thread.

Adam
28 Jul 09, 17:38
What the fuck does this have to do with the stupid glory hunter?! This is Eto'o's thread if you wanna go talk about Ibra go in his thread.

Nothing, except I used Ibra to show that just because he gave a humble presentation doesn't mean he's not arrogant. Get it now?

Nyall
28 Jul 09, 18:00
Nothing, except I used Ibra to show that just because he gave a humble presentation doesn't mean he's not arrogant. Get it now?

You could have put it that way, in the first place. Sorry for going off on you before.

Samuel Eto'o
28 Jul 09, 18:08
As Barca fan I cant believe he wont score anymore for us.
If you werent following his career in Barca then look at this youtube compilation. LHXM_V5wyzc

shaikhshake
28 Jul 09, 18:19
quick question, i need to know whether its worth grabbing my headphones to listen to the video of his presentation. What language does etoo speak in? Not italian im assuming

Efrain21C
28 Jul 09, 18:23
in spanish

10GladiatoreMilano10
28 Jul 09, 19:29
what a striker is eto'o...the best striker in this world...i'm happy that we sell ibra(traitor)...FORZA ETO'O!!!

Besnik
28 Jul 09, 19:50
Samuel Eto'o presented to Inter fans.

http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/4344/b0816943435909.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b0816943435909/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/4344/0ff8fa43435912.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/0ff8fa43435912/) http://thumbnails10.imagebam.com/4344/2b98dd43435916.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/2b98dd43435916/) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/4344/e8be3443435917.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e8be3443435917/) http://thumbnails6.imagebam.com/4344/96f23f43435922.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/96f23f43435922/) http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/4344/fdc0c943435928.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/fdc0c943435928/) http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/4344/6de09b43435944.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/6de09b43435944/)http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/4345/97ff1543440152.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/97ff1543440152/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/4345/e5042143440153.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e5042143440153/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/4345/ff226143440156.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/ff226143440156/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/4345/8c266a43440158.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/8c266a43440158/)
http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/4346/72a57043457110.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/72a57043457110) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/4346/6bab5843457112.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/6bab5843457112) http://thumbnails6.imagebam.com/4346/8c8bef43457115.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/8c8bef43457115) http://thumbnails7.imagebam.com/4346/92d27943457116.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/92d27943457116) http://thumbnails7.imagebam.com/4346/5a1e8743457118.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/5a1e8743457118) http://thumbnails18.imagebam.com/4346/df847043457120.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/df847043457120) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/4346/a939ce43457123.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a939ce43457123)

Michael
28 Jul 09, 19:55
Good pics like always Besnik. :star:

Adam
28 Jul 09, 19:57
Great compilation there. :star:

Ehsan
28 Jul 09, 20:02
A question to all Barca fans browsing this forum. Will you start watching Inter matches now that Eto'o has joined us? Does it in any way make you more interested in Serie A, if you weren't before?

I know many people who consider La Liga a must watch now, with all the recent signing. I'm personally going to follow it weekly for the first time ever, making sure to watch Real and Barca games at least when they don't conflict with Serie A programming.

Energy
28 Jul 09, 23:57
I hope that his jersey says "E2" just to piss people off.

tott
29 Jul 09, 00:29
is eto'o going to natioal african cup in the begining of 2010 ..
so it means we will mis him some time

Michael
29 Jul 09, 00:50
is eto'o going to natioal african cup in the begining of 2010 ..
so it means we will mis him some time

The African Cup of Nations last year took place from Jan. 20th to Feb. 10th. So I guess he'll miss a least 3 Serie A games.

The_Eradicator
29 Jul 09, 01:50
I'm glad he didn't kiss the badge, it's pretty sickening now days how common it is for new players to kiss the badge. They should do it after they score or after they have been with the team for awhile not at the presentation. I mean Raul Albiol was practically forced to kiss the Madrid badge at his presentation, when it was quite clear he didn't want to... that was a joke!

lonewolf19
29 Jul 09, 01:58
The African Cup of Nations last year took place from Jan. 20th to Feb. 10th. So I guess he'll miss a least 3 Serie A games.

I am more worried about the CL first round KO match. I think we can handle Serie A games well even without him.

Michael
29 Jul 09, 02:03
The first knockout stage is usually late February (around Feb. 20th).

lonewolf19
29 Jul 09, 02:07
The first knockout stage is usually late February (around Feb. 20th).

From uefa.com:

First knockout round
16 Feb - 17 Mar 2010

If African Cup ends later this year and Cameroon went far, Eto'o fitness will definitely be affected.

Michael
29 Jul 09, 02:11
Just saw it on Gazzetta.

Choppin Onions
29 Jul 09, 03:32
Welcome Eto'o.

Forza ragazzi
29 Jul 09, 10:12
Just saw the YouTube video that was posted here earlier, and we have really got a good finisher on our hands. He scored with his right foot, his left foot and his head. Some of the finishes in the video are absolute class.

CafeCordoba
29 Jul 09, 10:15
Just saw the YouTube video that was posted here earlier, and we have really got a good finisher on our hands. He scored with his right foot, his left foot and his head. Some of the finishes in the video are absolute class.

Did you watch the Youtube video of his misses? He isn't a fox-in-the-box scorer class.

Forza ragazzi
29 Jul 09, 10:19
Did you watch the Youtube video of his misses? He isn't a fox-in-the-box scorer class.

His goal-scoring records proves he isn't far below at least.

Jacquez
29 Jul 09, 21:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOfoNWbVuVw

Executioner93
29 Jul 09, 21:21
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/video/calcio/inter/2009/07/29-13945/Eto%27o+rompe+il+ghiaccio%2C+ecco+il+primo+allenam ento

sorry if this has been posted no audio on it but just Eto'o breaking into form on first day training with his new teamates.

Jimmy
29 Jul 09, 21:43
What I find the most interesting in that shot, is how I totally understand why Cordoba keep being a first-teamer regardless of who we sign. His pace is immense, and not even Eto'o could beat him.

The Fresh Prince
29 Jul 09, 21:43

Ibra has missed a lot of 1-on-1's and easy chances too, so this video means absolutely nothing.

Luka
29 Jul 09, 21:47
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/video/calcio/inter/2009/07/29-13945/Eto%27o+rompe+il+ghiaccio%2C+ecco+il+primo+allenam ento

sorry if this has been posted no audio on it but just Eto'o breaking into form on first day training with his new teamates.
Thanks for posting this.

What I find the most interesting in that shot, is how I totally understand why Cordoba keep being a first-teamer regardless of who we sign. His pace is immense, and not even Eto'o could beat him.
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then I disagree. At least I don't think that is a valuble material for this kind of deduction.

Those were very short distances, and also I don't think Eto'o even sweat when he ran in those 2 situations. If it was a run for 100m I could bet Eto'o would be first on the line. Couple of years back, it could go either way, but I think not anymore.

CafeCordoba
30 Jul 09, 06:04
Ibra has missed a lot of 1-on-1's and easy chances too, so this video means absolutely nothing.

But we're talking about the pure scorer here, not Ibra. Ibra was not a pure scorer, he was much more than that. Why did you even take Ibra into this? No one had mentioned him. I only said Eto'o also misses sitters like hell. RVN/Crespo/Torres like players don't miss sitters like Eto'o does and you all can admit this. Barcelona fans have always said Eto'o isn't a clinical finisher. His stats comes from the huge amount of chances the team creates for him.

I'm not just bashing Eto'o but I'm not as fully excited as some here are about his finishing ability.

VLE
30 Jul 09, 06:54
Eto'o's quality lies in that he got a terrific speed and he attempts shots in motion, which makes ball a lot harder to control, and thus excused if his shot fails.

We talk about creativity, and creativity is not something a single midfield can pull out. It is a combined move of mf/wf and forward, each understanding the pass and making move before opponent's defender/DM can anticipate. In Eto'o's case, more speed opens up options for different kind of passes. We may lob ball right in front of their keeper and Eto'o might score, which was impossible last season. (Ibra isn't faster than some defenders. Balotelli needs to control the ball first).

Though what I'm worried about is, we just inherited Barca's problem. We have no more longball routes, since both Eto'o and Milito isn't exactly air ball winning type. Furthermore, both club happens to have world's top RB, and Alves suffered greatly from not being able to cross the balls, and more concentrated on linking up with Messi. I hope Maicon doesn't suffer too much when there is no one to get his crosses.

CafeCordoba
30 Jul 09, 07:01
Yeah that is true in all aspects. I expect Eto'o (and Milito) to run A LOT. That will make space up front which is good.

Aerial power is something we definitely lack from now on up front and that's something people might underestimate. It's been very important since our team have used to that all the time since Adriano. So they have to learn a completely new way of playing. But Eto'o/Milito with their speed will help this as our def/mid can lob long balls to empty spaces up front where Eto'o/Milito can run. Though it might be very frustrating against good opponents.

The Fresh Prince
30 Jul 09, 14:15
But we're talking about the pure scorer here, not Ibra. Ibra was not a pure scorer, he was much more than that. Why did you even take Ibra into this? No one had mentioned him. I only said Eto'o also misses sitters like hell. RVN/Crespo/Torres like players don't miss sitters like Eto'o does and you all can admit this. Barcelona fans have always said Eto'o isn't a clinical finisher. His stats comes from the huge amount of chances the team creates for him.

I'm not just bashing Eto'o but I'm not as fully excited as some here are about his finishing ability.

Well the comparison between Ibra en Eto'o was made in the video, so I commented on that matter. I'm not really in the position to talk about Eto'o's finishing though, since I didn't watch all Barcelona games last season.

minterke
30 Jul 09, 17:47
Eto'o created his own chances at Barcelona. He often took on a defender with his explosive pace or played a very smart 1-2 with a teammate. People don't give him the credit he deserves.

Don Tomaso
30 Jul 09, 18:51
Why is everybody talking about how his teammates in Barca basically scored all of Eto'o's goals? He has done pretty well both in Cameroon and Mallorca as well. Without Xavi and Iniesta...

Sure, he doesn't create chances and goals like Ibrahimovic did but he's a great striker.

lonewolf19
31 Jul 09, 02:06
Yup definitely agree there. Eto'o speed is a big plus to our side and it will definitely open up a couple counter attacks we could not use to play with Zlatan.

nzinter
31 Jul 09, 02:55
Yup definitely agree there. Eto'o speed is a big plus to our side and it will definitely open up a couple counter attacks we could not use to play with Zlatan.

we scored atleast 3 counter attacks last year roma,jube and one other

KsE
03 Aug 09, 09:35
From Channel4:

Samuel Eto'o says he is settling in well at Inter and finding the prospect of playing alongside Diego Milito very exciting.

Inter pulled off one of the deals of the summer last week by exchanging Zlatan Ibrahimovic for Samuel Eto'o plus £45.

Asked to give his first impressions, Eto'o replied: “First of all, the climate is very similar and this is what I have also told my family.

“I said to everyone that I am ever more convinced by the decision I have taken, that of coming to Inter, and I hope that they too think like me.

“I have already seen some apartments because my wife and my kids will soon arrive in Milan and also because this will help me enter my new world well.

“For me, they are fundamentals. When I feel good at home, I also feel good on the pitch,” Eto'o told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I have been welcomed with great sympathy and not only because I have found friends again that I have already crossed in my career.

“Cambiasso, for example, was with me in the academy at Real Madrid and Thiago Motta, you know, was my locker room-mate at Barca.

“Then there is Materazzi who gave me a welcome with a very nice text message, but in reality the impact was positive with everyone.

Asked about Diego Milito, Eto'o replied: “Diego is very strong, but this isn't a surprise for me. He has always been one of the best strikers also in La Liga.

“Playing with him will be easy, but I don't want to only speak about us two, because Inter have enormous offensive potential. Take Balotelli. I believe I can say that Mario is one of the best young players I have seen in my career.”

Eto'o then expressed his desire to be known as a team player.

“I like scoring a lot. I am a striker, but I play for the team, not for myself, so everything I do will be for the merit of Inter and not just for Eto'o.

“Anyway I don't love remembering the goals that I have scored and how many I have scored. I think about those I will score.”

Later in the interview the Cameroon international turned his attention to next week's Italian Super Cup in Beijing.

“I want the Italian Super Cup a lot. Beating Lazio in Beijing would be the best way to repay the faith I have felt around me.

“The club has done a lot for me. I have to get back on the pitch. A week has been enough for me to understand how much desire Inter have to win even this trophy.”

Finally, Eto'o gave his response to the Inter fans who desperately want to win the Champions League.

“We cannot snob anything, not one objective. Anyway we have to think about winning the Super Cup, then we'll think about the rest.”

Good words from Samu. He seems very determined and I'm liking this transfer more and more, because of that.

kova9
03 Aug 09, 09:53
Welcome Samu! Dude, I expect a looot from you since you'll be replacing my man Ibra..

I'm glad you're here, after all.. ;) :star: Samuel Eto'o 9 :star:

bennyblanco
03 Aug 09, 12:55
he looks great in the Inter jersey.... how i hope he plays to his full potential..

Alex de Large
03 Aug 09, 13:01
Matrix is so great, he is the total opposite of Madrid cancers Salgado-Raul, he accepts to have a lower wage and to play less, plus he help the new teammates.

cloudq
03 Aug 09, 15:27
its great to finally see some REAL speed in our front line with the skill to control the ball as well

martins had the speed, but not the control. suazo was supposed to have both speed and control, but turned out he didnt have the speed

i dont think we've had a striker like this since ronaldo

Alessandro
03 Aug 09, 15:31
Eto and Milito a both a breath of fresh air for this team...

kova9
03 Aug 09, 17:17
Question!

I've been away for 10 days, so I missed the final conclusion of this deal..

Someone please give me a true info on this.

We apparently didn't get Hleb, from this deal, so what is compensation for this?

How much is Eto'os value in this transfer?
How many cash did we get?
How many cash did we get instead of Hleb?

What is the overall, and official transfer value??

Thank you very much.. :)

Michael
03 Aug 09, 17:20
How much is Eto'os value in this transfer? 20 million
How many cash did we get? 46 million
How many cash did we get instead of Hleb? 3-5 million

What is the overall, and official transfer value?? 66 million according to Barca and with 3-5 million from Hleb.

CafeCordoba
03 Aug 09, 17:22
The cash was initially exactly 46m€, confirmed by FCBarcelona.cat. Then 3m€ were added to that because of Hleb incident. So Eto'o (20m€) + 49m€ in cash.

J zanetti
03 Aug 09, 17:55
Samuel Eto'o and Zlatan Ibrahimovic swap a sign of the times in Europe (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/gabriele_marcotti/article6736603.ece)

Adam
03 Aug 09, 19:21
That was an interesting read, and a good one at that. Strange considering it's coming from the U.K. The name of the columnist doesn't sound all that British though. ;)

Anyways, I've been watching a lot of Barcelona highlights from last season and what struck me about Eto'o, which I didn't notice before, is that the dude has pretty good vision, probably better than anyone on our team.

kova9
03 Aug 09, 19:39
I heard it was 5 mil for Hleb, but ok then.. In the end the deal is less than 70 m € worth, and I'm not satisfied with that, because I really hoped it would be 2nd transfer of all time (around 85 m)..
Plus, I don't think Eto'o is worth only 20 m €.. More like 25 - 30.. ;)

P.S. I know I was very active and against this transfer, and I'm still sorry we had to deal Ibra, but, life goes on.. I've been watching some youtube clips of eto'o, and I'm sooo excited abut him after all! Forza Samu! :star:

J zanetti
03 Aug 09, 19:53
That was an interesting read, and a good one at that. Strange considering it's coming from the U.K. The name of the columnist doesn't sound all that British though. ;)

Anyways, I've been watching a lot of Barcelona highlights from last season and what struck me about Eto'o, which I didn't notice before, is that the dude has pretty good vision, probably better than anyone on our team.
Marcotti is Italian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriele_Marcotti) and used to support us as a boy. As a result even now when you hear him as a pundit it is evident that he has a soft spot for us! ;)

As for Eto'o and his vision I'm not too sure about that though! ;)

DARi0
03 Aug 09, 23:11
Eto'o looks retarded.
:party:

I never liked Eto'o, let's hope he proves me wrong
I feel you man.

:star:The Great video of Eto'o that I was looking for! Thank you Jakob! Quality soundtrack :lol:

I heard it was 5 mil for Hleb, but ok then.. In the end the deal is less than 70 m € worth, and I'm not satisfied with that, because I really hoped it would be 2nd transfer of all time (around 85 m)..
Plus, I don't think Eto'o is worth only 20 m €.. More like 25 - 30.. ;)

As far as I know we received 46 mil Euro + Eto'o + 5 mil (because Hleb feared to join). Eto'o value was estimated at 20 mil. Euro just and only because his contract would have expired next year! That means in January 2010 he could have already sign a FREE CONTRACT with another team. Before that, I'm pretty sure his value was 40 mil. Euro! So you can consider we got ~ 91 mil for Ibrahimovic.

DARi0
03 Aug 09, 23:17
Watching these Eto'o videos you guys posted makes me notice:

- Eto'o is good when the team is creative and OFFENSIVE enough!
- a lot of those goals were defended shots or rebounds
- a lot of those goals were easy tap-ins thanks to Messi
- a lot of those goals were incredible passes by Iniesta & Xavi
- 2 lucky goals a la Henry
- La Liga defence is a JOKE.

I hope he won't flop (Quaresma case, he was the best in portuguese league and he flopped), because Serie A defence is a lot better and he will have less chances here.
He scored a lot of goals yes, but more than the half that the chances he had he missed them. With all those goals for Barca, Pep Guardiola still wants him out! You should really think about that!

Handoyo
04 Aug 09, 03:19
I'm not trying to defend the swap deal but Pep wants him out because:

1) His attitude doesn't suit Pep
2) He only has 1 year left in his contract and due to reason (1) he wants a much higher wage or something I think
3) He wants to change the dimension Barca plays and add a battering ram upfront

Alessandro
04 Aug 09, 04:10

Thank you XL... Someone noticed. For a striker, he has great vision and delivery... His positioning is also at a worlds/best. Him and Milito should combine well...

minterke
04 Aug 09, 04:35
Not only that finally we have some speed up front. I remember when we had Adriano-Martins just their speed would cause so many problems to any defender.

rockball
04 Aug 09, 10:35
Eto'o's creativity and vision are being overstated. He is good but one of the reasons for that vision is the great movement and positions the other players got into. You cannot expect the same from Cuchu and Zanetti.

Adam
04 Aug 09, 10:42
Of course not. All I'm saying is that I'm surprised he is a lot more complete than I thought. He's not Ibra obviously, but he's not Inzaghi either.

kova9
04 Aug 09, 10:48
He reminds me of Asprilla.. Only better..

Stefan
04 Aug 09, 10:53
Eto has actually on occasions played as cameroon's amc.

brehme1989
04 Aug 09, 16:56
Casillas stated that he's glad that Eto'o left as he was his nightmare to face him :D

Rimpel
04 Aug 09, 23:04
I'm sure he'll be gold for us this season, forza Eto'o!

tritolone
05 Aug 09, 02:02
Casillas stated that he's glad that Eto'o left as he was his nightmare to face him :D

haha, Ibra will haunt him not only at night but also during the day:D

Nyall
05 Aug 09, 04:55
haha, Ibra will haunt him not only at night but also during the day:D

Doubt it. Madrid-Barca is a big game. And you know what happens to Ibra in big games.

kova9
05 Aug 09, 10:05
Little off topic, but don't know where to put this.. ;)

I have noticed that I cannot recall when Inter last changed almost every striker between seasons.. Especially after winning scudetto.. I mean, I know we had to rebuild and all, but who would imagine this..

Strikers 2008/09:--------------Strikers 2009/10:

Balotelli-----------------------Balotelli
Ibrahimović (Barcelona)--------Eto'o - (Barcelona)
Adriano (Flamengo)------------Milito (Genoa)
Crespo (Genoa)----------------Suazo (Benfica)
Cruz (Lazio)-------------------Arnautović (matter of time-Twente)
Obinna (matter of time)--------Kerlon (Chievo)
------------------------------Destro (primavera)

You can count Mancini and Quaresma too, but on inter.it they are under midfielders, so I followed that..

Michael
08 Aug 09, 15:09
Got his first goal in the Inter shirt today. Hopefully there are still plenty more of that to come.

Besnik
08 Aug 09, 15:24
I'm very happy so he scored one goal in supercup match against Lazio, but I hope he still will continue scoring goals because I think when Ibra leaved he is our first striker and all our hopes are from him and Milito, those two strikers are class and I think just one class midfielder can solve all our problems, I just care what will happen with negotiations for Sneijder, he is my first priority for midfielders in this mercato.

InterArad
08 Aug 09, 15:31
eto`o played very well today..

vitomins
08 Aug 09, 15:46
1 start, 1 goal....I can't complain :P

Adam
08 Aug 09, 15:48
Best man on the pitch today.:star: Had a silent first half but when he got to see more of the ball in the second he did excellent. Shame about missing the open goal though.

bennyblanco
08 Aug 09, 16:02
Best man on the pitch today.:star: Had a silent first half but when he got to see more of the ball in the second he did excellent. Shame about missing the open goal though.

mate it was a veeeerrrryyyy tight angle.... lol

sorry for spams have a look at this (20 seconds Han ;))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-SKnV17Nf0

Adam
08 Aug 09, 16:05
It was a tight angle, he should of scored it even so Benny. Anyways, still the best player on the pitch. :)

bennyblanco
08 Aug 09, 16:08
It was a tight angle, he should of scored it even so Benny. Anyways, still the best player on the pitch. :)

OK :D ...I JUST had to tell the ppl who didnt watch the game it was a tight angle and not an open goal from front on ...

Stefan
08 Aug 09, 17:40
It was unfortunate that he missed that one but we must remember his anticipation created the chance. Great shot for his goal. He will also get better as he gains fitness.

junior55
08 Aug 09, 17:45
great , great and only great. to be honest i'm surprised from his play today. I didn't expect him to have such a great vision for the game and that passing ability but i'm annoyed that we're doing with him the same mistakes that we used to make with ibra(because we don't have quality midfielders) forcing him to come deeper in midfield but with his passing quality even that was a good thing for the team. And most important did you just see that goal because i really duobt that muslera did:finger:

Luka
08 Aug 09, 17:54
What impressed me the most today, was his one action on the edge of the box, when he beat the guy, and he send other one to the ground, and he was so chilled waiting for someone to come so he can pass the ball too. He was so cool in this situation.

lonewolf19
08 Aug 09, 18:57
He is not even at full fitness yet. Very eager to see what he can do for us in this coming season. God, we are gonna miss him for two months if he keeps performing like this

Il Genio
08 Aug 09, 20:25
Loved how he applauded and spurred the team on. Even Mou looked happy! :D:boogy:

Forza ragazzi
08 Aug 09, 22:25
Good display, only minus is that he didn't get out of the way when Milito scored. Why was he standing there?

F U C K MILAN
08 Aug 09, 22:49
def did not expect him to preform the way he did....we got him + 40m!!! good piece of business if he keeps on performing like this

Alex de Large
08 Aug 09, 23:48
He will have way more freedom than in Barcelona, i honestly think he will score less but will have more assists and will get more involved in all our plays, in Barcelona they have Henry, Iniesta or Messi to carry the ball.

The thing i don't like is that he starts to take the FK's like Zlatan did...

Adam
09 Aug 09, 00:14
Wasn't a bad freekick though. A curler, just a little too high and wide.

Wallace
09 Aug 09, 01:05
He seems to be able to aim and direct his freekicks, unlike Zlatan.

Was hoping Mario to get a chance taking it though..

Toninu
09 Aug 09, 01:18
Eto'o played great today, I was pleasantly with his ability to curl a free kick, I don't think we'll really miss Zlatan with Eto'o around. We got 45 million and replaced a player with the same age and almost the same quality I think that's a great victory for us.

The777
09 Aug 09, 07:52
At last, we seem to have a DECENT FK taker, unlike Zlatan, which is surprising because I do not remember Eto'o scored a freekick in Barca. His passing ability is also quality, he must have seen things from Xavi and Iniesta as they played together.

He first missed an open goal, yes, he should have scored it, but the scored one was absolutely superb. Zlatan may have ballooned it over the bar.

And I really really hope that Eto'o continues his form. If he does, then we definetely will be the winner of Eto'o - Zlatan deal, even though we do not spend that 40million euros we got.

Forza ragazzi
09 Aug 09, 10:58
I believe Ibra will do very well in Barcelona, he can't not do it. He is a quality player which is now surrounded by players of greater quality than those at Inter. He will do very well. But I believe Eto'o will do very well here too.

Both players are of such quality I find it hard to see them fail. They will both do very well for their new clubs, so I believe Inter will be the overall winner. We got close to 50m in addition.

Adam
09 Aug 09, 11:05
That's what I've been saying all along. It's a good deal for both clubs. I expect both players to do brilliant. Eto'o probably won't score as much at Inter but he'll be shining even so.

Alessandro
09 Aug 09, 11:24
I dont think anyone said Ibra wouldn't be great at Barca. We were more disagreeing with Adam's prediction of Ibra scoring 40+ goals....

kova9
09 Aug 09, 11:35
Eto'o is playing a totally different role at Inter then he played at Barca.. (Judging match against Lazio)

At Barca he was centre forward, waiting for the ball in spaces, or playing double passes like a mantinela.. Thats because he had a whole bunch of creative players behind him, which allowed him to concentrate only on scoring goals.

On the other side, at Inter (especially in 2nd half) sometimes he played like a CM, and dribbling through the middle to get the ball on the flanks. He had an incredible impact on our game development, and he was trying to be creative and take everything in his hands. I mean, when did you see him take a free kick at Barcelona!!! :o
All of that just proves that we are a weaker team than Barcelona, and far less creative in midfield, and I just hope this role doesn't cost Eto'o scoring less goals..

P.S. He did get into a lot of chanches and congratulations on his goal. I'm very satisfied with him right now.

Campione
09 Aug 09, 13:27
I was very surprised about his performance, didn't expect he would play like that. He always wanted the ball, showed very good dribble ( several times just made Lazio's players look like idiots ). He and Milito will do great job for our team. Grande Eto'o! :star:

Efrain21C
09 Aug 09, 13:45
I was a big opposer of this move, but after that game I can tell you that we WON badly on that transfer

Alessandro
09 Aug 09, 14:11
I've watched his goal like 20 times... Great finish.

minterke
09 Aug 09, 16:52
Ibra had a landmark season this year, but I don't believe he has the ability to run behind defences like Eto'o does for Barca.

Luka
09 Aug 09, 21:30
I still stick to my opinion, Ibra will do great for Barca, except for the big games(that including CL big games). Not because I think he is a big game flop, but because in those games Barca will not have 30 chances to score, they will have 5 chances to score, just like we've seen against Chelsea last year, and Ibra is a great player, but he ain't a great goalscorer.

rockball
10 Aug 09, 10:06
In those games we might see Messi or Henry moving to the central role and Ibra to the flanks. So Ibra can still have a creative impact on the game and not choke.

Raul Duke
10 Aug 09, 11:31
I was a big opposer of this move, but after that game I can tell you that we WON badly on that transfer

Ageed, I was very Anti-Eto when the proposed deal was Eto + 10mil.

What annoyed me most was a lot of people wanting Eto for his "deadly finishing."

Having watched the entire Barca season I can say he's a great player that creates a lot of chances for himself, but his finishing was below average if anything last season. Much worse than Ibra. He's a rewarding player to have in the team, but Milito will be the one making the most of his chances, not Eto.

My biggest worry with Eto was that the reason for all his chances was the players he had around him at Barca - He proved me wrong in the Lazio game and I hope he keeps doing so.

I can see him teaming up well with Milito, making those runs, getting himself into dangerous positions and creating space fo Milito. We just need someone with the vision and intuition to sense those runs and apply the deadly through ball...Enter new ATM

Luka
10 Aug 09, 19:41
In those games we might see Messi or Henry moving to the central role and Ibra to the flanks. So Ibra can still have a creative impact on the game and not choke.
I'm following Pep talks, and whole "Eto'o not wanted by Pep" thing, and I think it is not likely(but not impossible). Pep wanted a tower in the middle 3, I don't think he will move him on either side.

If that happens I'm curious to see Ibra on the wing, especialy tracking back, helping in deffense.

thomas_inter
12 Aug 09, 13:20

Exactly, he can dribble past his opponent, we've seen him doing that all the time. He won't score as much as with us, but he'll do great at Barca.

Raul Duke
12 Aug 09, 13:26
Exactly, he can dribble past his opponent, we've seen him doing that all the time. He won't score as much as with us, but he'll do great at Barca.

He WILL score more at Barca.
Better Midfield, better strike parters, more attacking team, more attacking league. Barca averaged over 3 goals a game last season. Ibra scoring won't be a problem.

Adam
12 Aug 09, 14:21
Yeah, well hopefully Eto'o can deliver the goods for us aswell. I have 100% faith in him, as I think it's clear he's the most skilled player on this team.

I'm probably overanalyzing but there's this pic where he's sitting on the bench after the supercoppa and it's almost like his eyes are saying: Holy shit, this isn't gonna be easy. My interpretation, he's probably just dissapointed but for me it's almost like he got a wakeup call of some sorts. Judge for yourselfs.

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gif/20090809/eto'o.jpg

Alessandro
12 Aug 09, 14:26
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gif/20090809/eto%27o.jpg

caption time...

Adam
12 Aug 09, 14:27
Ale, how did you do that? I mean, you're using some kind of upload manager? If yes, which one?

Jacquez
12 Aug 09, 14:48
Eto'o: "I've made a huge mistake."

alvaro
12 Aug 09, 14:59
Eto'o: "They told me Stankovic is better than Iniesta"

Alessandro
12 Aug 09, 15:02
Ale, how did you do that? I mean, you're using some kind of upload manager? If yes, which one?

No it's easy man...

Just get the image location, in the "reply to thread" click on the add image tab and paste the link.

bjwam4
12 Aug 09, 15:03
Eto'o: "They told me Stankovic is better than Iniesta"

HAHAHA!

Adam
12 Aug 09, 15:11
No it's easy man...

Just get the image location, in the "reply to thread" click on the add image tab and paste the link.

Thx! Worked like a charm. :) :lol: Alvaro.

rockball
12 Aug 09, 15:40
Eto'o - Why did I have to get paid on Inter winning shit :mad:

Luka
12 Aug 09, 17:27
"I will make this stupid face, and then people at forzainterforums.com will be discussing this like forever, despite the fact that everybody can be caught with a face like that.

YOU'VE JUST BEEN PUNKED!

Hihi."

vitomins
12 Aug 09, 18:41
poor attempt Luka...I expect better!

Luka
12 Aug 09, 21:57
How about this:

"What the hell I'm doing here".

Do I fit the "profile" now ? :D

Toninu
12 Aug 09, 22:10
"I'm going to kill my agent" :P

tritolone
13 Aug 09, 00:43
"Shit, I hope Vieira leaves, his cock is bigger than mine":D

Nyall
13 Aug 09, 00:44
Gay Much?

tritolone
13 Aug 09, 00:47
Any problems with that?

DanHoe
13 Aug 09, 04:16
eto: "I could use some KFC to cheer me up"

Handoyo
13 Aug 09, 07:29
Lol alvaro's is the best. :D

vitomins
13 Aug 09, 13:34

Wow extremely racist!

Rimpel
13 Aug 09, 14:35

:lol:

Adam
13 Aug 09, 14:49
:lol: It's stereotypical but its still funny. Oh come on people, everyone knows black people have a genetic predisposition to liking chcken.