PDA

View Full Version : Samuel Eto'o vs Zlatan Ibrahimovic - The 2009/2010 Comparison Thread

vitomins
11 Aug 09, 12:56
Welcome to the definitive season statistics comparison between our newly acquired Samuel Eto'o and our newly departed Zlatan Ibrahimovic. There has been a widespread debate on who got the better deal, Internazionale or Barcelona, and I hope to prove a clear winner with this thread! I will compare each players statistics throughout the season in Serie A/La Liga, Champions League and Coppa Italia/Copa del Rey. I know that there are many factors that alter these statistics because the players have different teammates and play in different leagues, but this thread will declare a single winner without considering these outside influences and will only be based on cold hard numbers! The stats will be updated each game in this first post, so please leave comments, predictions and the occasional trash talk! :P

Good luck to our competitors!

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7438/intvsbar.png

GP: GAMES PLAYED
MINS: MINUTES PLAYED
G: GOALS
A: ASSISTS
SH: SHOTS
SHOG: SHOTS ON GOAL

GPG: GOALS PER GAME
GPS: GOALS PER SHOT
RECORD: TEAM RECORD IN GAMES WHICH FEATURED

SAMUEL ETO'O - FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO

http://i30.tinypic.com/dq6gxx.jpg

Nationality: Cameroon
Place of Birth: Nkon, Cameroon
DOB: March 10, 1981 (28)
Position: Forward
Height: 180 cm
Weight: 75 kg
Number: 9

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9779/ostats.jpg

ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC - FC BARCELONA

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/thumbnails/199_150/Imatges/2009-2010/futbol/primer_equip/plantilla/IBRAHIMOVIC.jpg

Nationality: Sweden
Place of Birth: Malmö, Sweden
DOB: October 3, 1981 (28)
Position: Forward
Height: 195 cm
Weight: 95 kg
Number: 9

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1636/ibrastats.jpg

Jimmy Page
11 Aug 09, 13:07
Does Zlatan really weigh 95 kg?I thought he would be closer to 85 kg

Stefan
11 Aug 09, 13:08
Is there any reason why you can't do this in either the ibra or the eto thread??

Personally its pointless Zlatan has left and I couldn't care less what he does now. As long as eto performs for us I don't care if zlatan scores a goal more in the season or whatever.

vitomins
11 Aug 09, 13:11
Man you are no fun at all Stefan...fuckin close the thread if you want jesus christ, I thought I would do something fun and interesting...

vitomins
11 Aug 09, 13:12
Does Zlatan really weigh 95 kg?I thought he would be closer to 85 kg

That is what he listed at on the Barca website lol

Stefan
11 Aug 09, 13:17
Man you are no fun at all Stefan...fuckin close the thread if you want jesus christ, I thought I would do something fun and interesting...

I am fine with the idea. I just don't see why we need another thread for it.

vitomins
11 Aug 09, 13:23
I am fine with the idea. I just don't see why we need another thread for it.

If you find a thread that compares their stats in a single post for the 2009/10 season then delete this one...

Jimmy Page
11 Aug 09, 13:24
That is what he listed at on the Barca website lol

Those spainerds doesnt know how to weigh people then or Zlatan had some lead in hes pants because there is no way he can weigh that much. Football players seldom weigh much. Beckham for an example is about 1.82 and weighs about 70 kg.

vitomins
11 Aug 09, 13:25
ESPN lists him at 84 kg...much more realistic

Adam
11 Aug 09, 14:20
Zlatan weighs 95 kg. He's 1.93 and look at how defined his muscles are. You think it's realistic to believe he weighs 84? :lol: Use your head.

And I agree with Stefan. There's no use to have another thread for this shit.

blackmore
11 Aug 09, 14:32
zlatans gone...deal with it...and u wanna know whos better..well its eto..and u know why..cause he's at inter:)

Stefan
11 Aug 09, 14:33
Ok we have decided to keep the thread open but moved it to the former players section.

DIN011
11 Aug 09, 14:41
Zlatan has said himself that he weighs 95 kgs and he was listed 95 kgs on the official Euro 2008 website.

vitomins
11 Aug 09, 14:59
Wow I didn't know it would be such a shit storm in here...you guys are so ridiculous...

I just wanted to compare their seasons...it has nothing to do me wanting to prove either player was better...I want to see who helps their team more, ultimately trying to prove who got the better deal in the swap...

I think this should be moved to transfers section...not former players since it ultimately has to do with how the transfer phases out.

If you guys do not like this thread...then please do not post in it...God you are not forced to and you are just helping it grow by bitching and complaining lol

vitomins
11 Aug 09, 15:01
Zlatan weighs 95 kg. He's 1.93 and look at how defined his muscles are. You think it's realistic to believe he weighs 84? :lol: Use your head.

And I agree with Stefan. There's no use to have another thread for this shit.

Well Luca Toni is listed at 1.96/94...I really doubt he weighs more than him...

Suneet
11 Aug 09, 15:15
This is my favourite thread.

vitomins
11 Aug 09, 15:22
LOL...thank you for making me crack a smile Suneet...I was beginning to get frustrated :P

blackmore
11 Aug 09, 15:24
i like it vito cause its gonna show how much better samu is....:)

vitomins
11 Aug 09, 15:25
i like it vito cause its gonna show how much better samu is....:)

Believe me...that is the overall point I am trying to make :thumbsup:

Zuperman8
11 Aug 09, 15:26
The thread is ok, but zlatan will easily out score and out assist eto'o because la liga has much weaker defenses and he has much better service.

A better comparison would be eto's 08/09 with ibras 09/10 for la liga and ibras 08/09 with eto's 09/10 for serie a

Handoyo
11 Aug 09, 15:28
It's a great idea IMO but I think it would be best to close this thread but also sticky it so it's still at the top of the thread list and can still be updated. The comparison between the 2 players should then be done in either Zlatan's or Eto'o's (Seriously how do you write this? Etoo's? Eto'os?) thread to prevent similar discussion in different threads.

Then again, can member edit their post in a closed thread? :confused: I'll close this one temporarily and vito, if you can't edit the first post in this thread, please PM me. :)

Stefan
12 Aug 09, 09:12
Thread reopened in order to allow editing.

Handoyo
12 Aug 09, 09:38
By the way, I think it'd be a good idea to include the other official games, such as the SuperCoppa.

Adam
12 Aug 09, 10:40
Just read in Elmundodeportivo Ibra won 73% of all his matches in Italy, by far more than any other player. He was also the top scorer for his team in 4/5 seasons, the only player to have scored 15 or more goals in 4 seasons. He scored a total of 80 goals which is more than any other player in the same time period, except for Totti who has the same number of goals, and last but not least he won the scudetto 5 times, although two were stripped from him.

So there's also some stats Eto'o can try to live up to. Particularly the one I'm most interest in is the % of matches won. I don't care how many goals Eto'o scores as long as he makes us win. That's all he needs to do to be a succes in my eyes. A lot of goals would be nice though. :D

Eto'o has every chance to beat Ibra's stats at Inter because by the looks of it we're gonna play a lot more attacking minded football this season, and at the same time what are the chances Barca will have another monster of a season?

Anyways, I hope Eto'o smashes Ibra's stats and goes on to score 50 goals for us this season, because like I said before it won't take anything away from Ibra. Because however you twist and turn stats Ibra's are such that for the last two seasons he's been our top scorer and top assister, in the Serie A aswell as in all competitions combined. You'll struggle hard to find one player that's done that for two consecutive years in a league winning team.

P.s I agree with Han, the supercoppa goals should be counted towards the comaprison.

CafeCordoba
12 Aug 09, 10:52
Realistically speaking we could start with Eto'o scoring 30 goals in a season. Zlatan scored 29 last season, Adriano scored 28 in 04/05. I don't remember did Vieri scored close to those figures in 02/03 when he scored 24 in Serie A. I believe he didn't scored much in CL (1-2 perhaps).

30 is a good starting point for Eto'o (though I don't believe it will happen, Milito "takes" too much goals for himself).

vitomins
12 Aug 09, 11:57
By the way, I think it'd be a good idea to include the other official games, such as the SuperCoppa.

Haha...you just want Eto'o to get a head start huh Han??? Ok I will add it in there!

boxer
12 Aug 09, 14:28
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Fotogallery/Calcio/14245/1/Ibra+come+Pinocchio.+L%27Inghilterra+lo+vede+cos%C 3%AC

rockball
12 Aug 09, 14:38
Move the thread to General Inter Stuff :)

vitomins
12 Aug 09, 14:52
I think the proper place would be Transfers & Rumors...because this thread is about how our transfers phase out...now if Han would check his damn PM's! lol

Handoyo
12 Aug 09, 16:59
Well actually Ibra will get the advantage since he gets to play in the UEFA SuperCup in addition of the Spanish SuperCup, whatever they call it over there. :) And they do still have the annual FIFA World Cup tournament, right?

With regards to the thread's location, I think this is a more proper place, vito. Sure, we may be 'evaluating' a transfer but what we'd be doing most here is to talk about our former player. The reasoning is somewhere along the line why former players' threads are not in the T&R forums. Besides, the T&R forum is more for rumors and threads like transfer policies/fantasies and stuff. I hope you understand. :)

CC, you're right. Vieri only ended with 3 CL goals that season (Newcastle, Valencia, Valencia) and did not score at all in Coppa Italia so he ends up with 27 goals in 02/03. I didn't double-check this so I might be wrong but I'm 90% sure. How the heck do I remember these useless stuff anyway...

And Adam, fantastic point on the "No matter what Eto'o does, what Ibra did for us is still legendary." :star:

Stefan
12 Aug 09, 17:11
Well actually Ibra will get the advantage since he gets to play in the UEFA SuperCup in addition of the Spanish SuperCup, whatever they call it over there. :) And they do still have the annual FIFA World Cup tournament, right?

With regards to the thread's location, I think this is a more proper place, vito. Sure, we may be 'evaluating' a transfer but what we'd be doing most here is to talk about our former player. The reasoning is somewhere along the line why former players' threads are not in the T&R forums. Besides, the T&R forum is more for rumors and threads like transfer policies/fantasies and stuff. I hope you understand. :)

CC, you're right. Vieri only ended with 3 CL goals that season (Newcastle, Valencia, Valencia) and did not score at all in Coppa Italia so he ends up with 27 goals in 02/03. I didn't double-check this so I might be wrong but I'm 90% sure. How the heck do I remember these useless stuff anyway...

And Adam, fantastic point on the "No matter what Eto'o does, what Ibra did for us is still legendary." :star:

Spanish super cup is also two legs as opposed to 1 for the italian. We should rather look at goals per game ratio or even conversion rate as compared to chances. That would be more realistic and a true reflection imho.

Rimpel
12 Aug 09, 20:49
Interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread ;)

Handoyo
13 Aug 09, 01:52
Oh, and do a goals/assists per 90 minutes. :D Just multiply the goals/assists by 90 and divide it by the total number of minutes they've played.

Or, not. :) Up to you really, I'm just a demanding basterd.

nerazzurri4life
13 Aug 09, 02:05
u know what really matters?
lol

etoo has won 2 CL, scoring and contributing A LOT in both runs
zlatan has won zero CL, not scoring and complaining about his teammates A LOT in 5 years

as legendary as zlatan was for us in the league, he is a CL flop....simple as
no matter if we bought a dozen people to "help" him, he still has to do HIS job and he has not done it in the CL

did eto'o get a ton of chances in that CL final?? last i remember, he created and scored his own goal against ManU.....

anyways
eto'o has PROVEN CL PEDIGREE and that is what we needed

as others have said, zlatan is at barca, not inter and i could really care less what he does....

nzinter
13 Aug 09, 02:21
i will be mad if you close this thread again vito did a good job

blackmore
13 Aug 09, 02:39
eto will score a ton this year but we must remember that having miligol partnering him upfront will deplete his personal tally somewhat...im hoping for a total of 50 between the both of them...

Handoyo
13 Aug 09, 06:24
If anyone is even discussing about their CL pedigree, he's an idiot. But for fuck's sake, there is only 7 knockout matches in a whole freaking season so the bigger idiot would be those who judge if player X is better than player Y basing on 7 matches over 38 league matches.

Stefan
13 Aug 09, 06:46
If anyone is even discussing about their CL pedigree, he's an idiot. But for fuck's sake, there is only 7 knockout matches in a whole freaking season so the bigger idiot would be those who judge if player X is better than player Y basing on 7 matches over 38 league matches.

If you are basing it on one season sure but you are basing it over a career in the cl I believe the comparison is fair. There are probably reasons as to why but the cold hard facts are eto has scored in two cl finals and zlatan hasn't scored in one cl knockout game through his career.

vitomins
23 Aug 09, 21:44
Updated...I get all the shooting stats from the Goal.com live match commentaries, so they may be a little off :/

Adam
23 Aug 09, 21:47
Yeah, they're off. He had 3 shots and all of them were on goal.

CafeCordoba
24 Aug 09, 07:55
Zlatan assisted Messi's first goal yesterday against Athletic Bilbao in Super Cup second leg.

Jimmy Page
24 Aug 09, 08:14
I dont know if you can call it an assist, I mean Messi did most be himself, although it was a nice pass.

CafeCordoba
24 Aug 09, 08:36
I dont know if you can call it an assist, I mean Messi did most be himself, although it was a nice pass.

IMO that should be considered as assist even if the scorer did the most part. If we start to actually think when pass is to be registered as assist if it has lead to a goal, these stats become partly opinions and not pure stats. It's the same with Frisko's goal scorer thread (great thread), those assist stats are just Frisko's opinions and not explicit stats.

Jimmy Page
24 Aug 09, 08:50
Yes I totally agree with you CC, but for an example Eto Žo passed to Milito who then dribbled by five players, flips to ball up and do a scorpionbackheel, it would count as an assist, just as a perfect through ball would count as an assist. Either you say all passes who leads to a goal counts as an assist or you would have to look at each pass leading to goal and deciede if it you should be count as an assist. The first option as you say, is the easiest one, but I guess its upp to Vito

CafeCordoba
24 Aug 09, 09:03
Yes I do understand your point. That if counting every real assist, the assist stats don't possibly represent the true value of the player as an assister.

Luka
24 Aug 09, 09:58
Assists to me where always last passes, that HELPED scorer to score. The pass had to give some help to the player in scoring the goal. A simple pass, even if that was nice one doesn't cut it.

It's like a midfielder, just outside of the box, passes to another midfielder, who stops with a deffender on his back, turns and shots - no assist.

A midfielder, just outside of the box, passes to running on another midfielder, who shots from first ball - assist.

vitomins
24 Aug 09, 11:59
It was not an assist...whether others may call it that or not, I will not count it as one because Messi had a lot to do on his own to create that goal...

blackmore
24 Aug 09, 13:34
so bottom line is eto has 2 goals from his first 2 games and zlatan has 0 from 1(with no assists)....i guess the downside is that we havent won one yet...:)

edi-inter
24 Aug 09, 14:30
I'ts favorite player Zlatan Ibrahimovic And Samuel Eto'o

vitomins
24 Aug 09, 14:32
Wha???? :teeth:

rockball
24 Aug 09, 15:14
I'ts favorite player Zlatan Ibrahimovic And Samuel Eto'o

Right.

FCBarca
24 Aug 09, 19:12
It was not an assist...whether others may call it that or not, I will not count it as one because Messi had a lot to do on his own to create that goal...

Not sure how you don't call it an assist...Messi is Messi, he creates things that no one else can but the final ball came from Ibra.

Truth is, Zlatan could've had 3 assists in all...Along with a couple of goals...Really played well for a player who played for the first time in the trident formation he will be a part of this season (Along with Titi & Leo)...There are things he has to work on (Tracking back to defend as well as pressure the defenders to win back possession) but his chemistry with Messi is pretty clear.

Special players acclimate a lot faster than mere mortals and we all know Ibra is special...He seems genuinely happy to be a part of the club and will eventually understand the movement and positioning needed for Barca's style of play....I have to say, I was not prepared for how flexible and athletic he is for a man of his size

Still, there were moments yesterday where I was thinking, just continue to give Zlatan touches...Everytime he was on the ball, he was a danger...Not really Barca's style though...He'll see a lot less of the ball than he did at Inter...That may hamper his play from time to time until he accepts/embraces it

Interista nr.1
24 Aug 09, 20:42
Yea Zlatan was king in Inter,in Barca only one more barca player..I bet he gonna regret that he moved. I'd welcome him back, after 2-3 years for peanuts.

vitomins
31 Aug 09, 12:40
Updated...I now added an Average Goal.com Rating, I know they are usually way off, but I figured they will be way off for both of them, so why not?

Also have you noticed, in both of Ibra's games, the substitute who replaced him scored!

Luka
31 Aug 09, 12:41
Goal.com ratings won't be way of for both!!!

Barcelona is hyped everywhere, and goal.com is as biased as it can be.

vitomins
31 Aug 09, 12:43
Well then that means it is even more impressive that Eto'o has a higher rating! :P

Luka
31 Aug 09, 12:44
It is now, but wait couple of months :]

blackmore
31 Aug 09, 14:03
we should close this thread now as their is no comparison..not only is he a better player for us...but he is better for the team(IMO)....:)

vitomins
31 Aug 09, 15:50
well you would be saying otherwise if Eto'o played awful in his first 3 games and Ibra scored 3 goals in his first two....

The season is long, as of right now you are correct, Eto'o is the better player for us, but lets watch their season's progress!

blackmore
31 Aug 09, 15:58
but he didnt so i wont...of course im basing it on what ive seen vito damn i aint no palmreader...but yeah ur right lets see what happens the season is long...

vitomins
01 Sep 09, 13:38
Updated...

FCBarca
01 Sep 09, 16:23
Goal.com ratings won't be way of for both!!!

Barcelona is hyped everywhere, and goal.com is as biased as it can be.

Goal.com is terrible...You believe they hype Barca and I believe they hype the English and RM :joker:

Besnik
02 Sep 09, 11:35
I'm feeling strongly this thread, I think Eto'o will gona explode more from Ibra and I thought Ibra can be better, is still early to talk about this but seems Ibra will have hard to adopt in Barca's team, and Eto'o is going to be great player, he don't have any problem to adopt in Inter team, he have adopted already and he can play with every team.

FCBarca
02 Sep 09, 14:24
Yeah, I'm divided on Ibra...I think there's been more and more talk about Barca adjusting to Ibra rather than the other way around...I say they just continue to feed him balls and let him do his thing...Perhaps 50% of 'being Ibra' and 50% of adjusting to Barca football...One of the main reasons he was brought in, IMHO, was specifically because he IS different than Samu...He can turn a match on one shot

blackmore
02 Sep 09, 15:28
so can eto..or havent u been following ur team that closely over the yrs..??

FCBarca
02 Sep 09, 16:49
so can eto..or havent u been following ur team that closely over the yrs..??

:lol: Of course I have....Samu isn't the type of player to create space on his own and score the high degree of difficulty goals in a match where the man marking is 10 in the box...He's great at creating space where there's space to be made with his speed and those great through balls from the Barca midfield....As great as Eto'O is, he was the beneficiary of some service that was delivered on a platter...Samu didn't create as much as he finished

Ibra is going to get that kind of service too but also provide an element that Samu did not, and that's the sublime when he has two players climbing all over him...I definitely see that struggle with the player right now...He's not used to waiting for the perfect pass...He's just waiting for the ball to do his thing

Luka
02 Sep 09, 17:20
As many Barca fans, you focus only on the positives. Unfortunetly there wasn't many perfect players like Matheus. 99,9% of players, have advantages, and dissadvantages.

If you would switch an average player say Boriello, with Ibra, then there are only positives, cause in amost all aspects Ibra is the better player.

But here you switch:

a) world class players
b) different players

This means, that while you gain something with Ibra, something Eto'o didn't have, you at the same time LOOSE something, because Eto'o has many adventages that Ibra doesn't. This is happening, because you switched world class player for Ibra, not some mediocre player for Ibra. You can't look only for advantages.

Do you think if maybe it was easier for Xavi/Iniesta to play killer passes for Eto'o, rather than for Ibra ?

Jimmy Page
02 Sep 09, 19:23
Well if the Barca fans expect the same kind of gameplay from Ibra as Eto Žo they wont be very happy. Same goes for Inter fans, we cant expect EtoŽo to do the things Ibra did. If Barca wanted to play as they did last season they just would have signed Villa. Barca is actually learning from there misstakes in the past, sometimes you have to change something in order to still be succesful. Alex Ferguson is a master of this because he knows the importence of refreshing the squad from time to time. Thats why he for example bought Veron although Man u at the time had a very good midfield and Veron wasnt actually needed.

FCBarca
02 Sep 09, 19:48
Oh, I don't think for a second that something isn't lost with Ibra...I focused on the positive that Ibra can bring because that's something that has been sorely missing...It's a change, ultimately, but a good one...Perhaps a needed one.

However, to ignore the positives of Samu would be a great disservice to the player and what he did for the club...The speed issue isn't a huge loss although it is noticeable...I think the bigger loss will be how hard Eto'O works on defense and making the defense work in getting the ball up field...Samu had a lot to do with that quickfire ability to go from defense to attack.

But, the biggest problem Barca faces in the past year hasn't been getting out on a quick break but breaking down the 'negative football' tactics...That's a tactic that saw a player of Eto'O's caliber become nearly negated...The 'hope', I believe, is that Ibra brings something different to that scenario...A scenario, unfortunately, we're likely to see more of this season

FCBarca
02 Sep 09, 19:52
Do you think if maybe it was easier for Xavi/Iniesta to play killer passes for Eto'o, rather than for Ibra ?

I don't...I think once that understanding is there, Xavi, Iniesta & Messi will be spraying assists to both Ibra & Henry...It's a transition time for Barca right now but they'll get on the same page...The midfielders have to learn how Ibra likes to receive the ball and Ibra has to learn about movement and flow in the Cruyfff model of attack...It'll happen and I'm confident of that because of the players involved...I know Xavi, Iniesta & Messi and I know what they can bring...You know Ibra and you know he'll get the timing etc. down with the mids soon enough

Luka
02 Sep 09, 22:10
Well if the Barca fans expect the same kind of gameplay from Ibra as Eto Žo they wont be very happy. Same goes for Inter fans, we cant expect EtoŽo to do the things Ibra did.
The thing is, the inter fans are right now very happy about the change. So nobody expects from Eto'o to do any of the ibra things at the moment. The comments after Milan derbies says it all, while barca fans are so-so.

We see many positives(for Inter) from this change. Can we say the same about Barca? We can't at the moment. We can only wait and see, but this is the difference here isn't it ?

I don't...I think once that understanding is there, Xavi, Iniesta & Messi will be spraying assists to both Ibra & Henry...It's a transition time for Barca right now but they'll get on the same page...The midfielders have to learn how Ibra likes to receive the ball and Ibra has to learn about movement and flow in the Cruyfff model of attack...It'll happen and I'm confident of that because of the players involved...I know Xavi, Iniesta & Messi and I know what they can bring...You know Ibra and you know he'll get the timing etc. down with the mids soon enough
We can talk and talk, but in the end we have to wait and see how it will turn out. Hopefully sooner than later.

tritolone
03 Sep 09, 13:22
Yeah, I'm divided on Ibra...I think there's been more and more talk about Barca adjusting to Ibra rather than the other way around...I say they just continue to feed him balls and let him do his thing...Perhaps 50% of 'being Ibra' and 50% of adjusting to Barca football...One of the main reasons he was brought in, IMHO, was specifically because he IS different than Samu...He can turn a match on one shot

Yeah, I thought about that as well. I do believe Ibra will have a hard time accepting that he has so many stars around him who all want the ball. He got the ball sooner or later in our every attacking move, at Barca won't be like this. But it would be interesting to see, if Barca adapt to his style, what os he capable of doing against "easy" spanish defenses.

Jimmy Page
03 Sep 09, 13:36
The thing is, the inter fans are right now very happy about the change. So nobody expects from Eto'o to do any of the ibra things at the moment. The comments after Milan derbies says it all, while barca fans are so-so.

We see many positives(for Inter) from this change. Can we say the same about Barca? We can't at the moment. We can only wait and see, but this is the difference here isn't it ?

We can talk and talk, but in the end we have to wait and see how it will turn out. Hopefully sooner than later.

Yes of course there is alot of positives for Barca with Ibra, pretty strange that you cant see that. Yes Inter got the better the deal but that doesnt mean that there can be alot of positives for Barca with the signing of Ibra

And the same thing can be said about EtoŽo, we dont know if he really deserves 10 milion euros in salary, we dont know if how good he will turn out. Just like in the case with Ibra we have to wait with our judgement on Eto Žo

FCBarca
03 Sep 09, 16:55
Yeah, I thought about that as well. I do believe Ibra will have a hard time accepting that he has so many stars around him who all want the ball. He got the ball sooner or later in our every attacking move, at Barca won't be like this. But it would be interesting to see, if Barca adapt to his style, what os he capable of doing against "easy" spanish defenses.

Yeah, I noticed this a bit in the Gijon match with some of the higher profile players not on the pitch (Titi, Messi & Iniesta)...You could see him wanting the ball just about anytime they got in Gijon's half...I think when playing a parked bus like that, Ibra's thinking is 'Get me the ball & I'll do the rest' whereas Pep's way is to bore us all to tears with those horizontal passes nonstop for 6 minutes, probing for space, before getting a sniff of the area.

It's a tough line there, IMHO...Part of me wants to see what Ibra could do given the opportunity and part of me understands Pep's tactics...It's one of the tough things about 11 behind the ball

Luka
03 Sep 09, 17:38
Yes Inter got the better the deal but that doesnt mean that there can be alot of positives for Barca with the signing of Ibra

Sorry but I don't understand you.

"Inter got the better deal, but that doesn't mean that there can be a lot of positives for Barca." ?

That doesn't make sense.

And just BTW. How did you figure I don't see positives for Barca for taking Ibra?

Jimmy Page
03 Sep 09, 20:08
Well you said we cant be sure of Ibra will make a postive impact or not (or you actually wrote we can see many postive things for Inter with this deal, can we say the same about Barca?. In my ears that sounds you dont think Ibra will be a postive thing for Barcelona) , that is true. But the same can be said about every new player you sign, it doesnt matter if the player was the best player in the world before he arrived( Ronaldo to RM is an example).

Luka
03 Sep 09, 23:32
You try to change the words I've said.

I've never said that there are no positives for Barca for taking Ibra. If you have a quote of mine stating that, please post it here.

If you got impression like that from other sentences of mine, you got wrong impression, and I will appriciate if you stop implying it is my opinion, because it is not. I never said such a thing, and I certainly don't think that way either.

Rimpel
04 Sep 09, 17:56
Eto'o will score more than ibra, count on it.

Eto'o: 24 plus

Ibra: 16-22

Jimmy Page
04 Sep 09, 19:43
Edit: Dubbel post

Jimmy Page
04 Sep 09, 19:46

There you go. I assume you mean this "change" is refering to Zlatan Ibrahimovic arrival at FC Barcelona? Like I stated: Yes we cant be sure that the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic to FC Barcelona will be positve, but the same thing can be said about EtoŽo switch to Inter. However Inter made a better deal by getting both Eto Žo and money for Ibrahimovic. But this is not what we are discusing, or atleast not what Im discusing.

Luka
04 Sep 09, 20:01
There is no fan(99%) who says Eto'o is having difficulties at Inter.

You will find a fan saying that about Ibra at Barca with ease.

Jimmy Page
04 Sep 09, 20:11
Can the fact that Ibrahimovic hasnt had a pre season explain that? And of course people is going to reluctent of Ibrahimovic, people are always nervous when changes happen. Ibrahimovic got 3 out 5 our that kind of grade in most spanish newspaper when he played against Gijon. He has scored one goal and made one assist( that assist can be seen as non existent though, depending on who you are talking with) in three games. But Im awful tired talking about EtoŽo and Ibramhimovic and who is the better one, Inter got a great deal and Barcelona got a great player. People are so fucking deseparte that Eto Žo will perform much better then Ibrahimovic. I couldnt care less, as a long as Inter a team is more succesful, Im happy. Hopefully most Inter fans would agree with me, or I would question their relationship to Inter

Luka
04 Sep 09, 20:28
"Yes we cant be sure that the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic to FC Barcelona will be positve, but the same thing can be said about EtoŽo switch to Inter."

Before I was talking about present time. I even excluded the future in my opinion by this part:

"We can't at the moment. We can only wait and see"

I was talking about right now, not how it will be in 1, 5, 10 years. You changed the subject of disscusion.

Both of these statements of mine are true, and they are meant to be directed to the present, not the future:

"We see many positives(for Inter) from this change. Can we say the same about Barca? We can't at the moment. We can only wait and see, but this is the difference here isn't it ?"

"There is no fan(99%) who says Eto'o is having difficulties at Inter.

You will find a fan saying that about Ibra at Barca with ease."

Adam
04 Sep 09, 20:34
What you should of said Is "I can't see any positives" because it wouldn't take me long to find posts of Barca supporters talking about Ibra's superior passing abilities, hold up play, and general unselfish style of play. Both players have their positives and negatives when comapared to each other.

Luka
04 Sep 09, 20:39
What you should of said Is "I can't see any positives" because it wouldn't take me long to find posts of Barca supporters talking about Ibra's superior passing abilities, hold up play, and general unselfish style of play.
I guess it's good then, that I didn't say it, isn't it ? ;)

FCBarca
04 Sep 09, 20:46
"There is no fan(99%) who says Eto'o is having difficulties at Inter.

You will find a fan saying that about Ibra at Barca with ease."

I will add that I find it a bit silly already evaluating the pros/cons of a swap when neither have truly had an opportunity to integrate into the system or club yet...I mean, how many full matches has Ibra played for Barca in a competitive match?...2? :cool:

Jimmy Page
04 Sep 09, 20:46
But what is present time according to you? A week? Two weeks? To discus a a change (postive or negative) in such a shot time span is pretty useless. In order to actually determine wheter the change is postive or negative in this case, you have to look at longer periods of time then just the present ( atleast 6 months). But yes Eto Žo has been better then Ibrahimovic during the first three games, but I find it kind of pointless to have such a discusing of whom of those have been better during the first 3 games, cause it really doesnt say much

Adam
04 Sep 09, 20:52
I guess it's good then, that I didn't say it, isn't it ? ;)

Why? You enjoy making statements that people end up proving you wrong on?;)

Luka
05 Sep 09, 08:31
Why? You enjoy making statements that people end up proving you wrong on?;)
I thought Adam you said:

"What you should of said"

not "What you said".

You didn't prove anything, just wrote some fantasy talk, "what IF". That has nothing to do with the discussion, because I never said such a thing. I never said, there aren't right now any positives for Barca.

What are you talking about man ?

I will add that I find it a bit silly already evaluating the pros/cons of a swap when neither have truly had an opportunity to integrate into the system or club yet...I mean, how many full matches has Ibra played for Barca in a competitive match?...2? :cool:
It is silly, now, because we talk about it for 2 pages :P

I wrote a small remark, and if nobody kept it going it would be just that: a small remark. But now we end up talking about all other things that have nothing to do with what I pointed out.

I even wrote, it is early, but still people had to pick on that, twist my words, and even change the subject :P

Sorry that I didn't write a 5 year review, but I thought my words: "We can only wait and see", covered that. Guess I was wrong :P

FCBarca
05 Sep 09, 20:49
'I am Zlatan, who the hell are you' scored a textbook Ibra goal today to save Sweden from a loss, in the 90th

Jimmy Page
05 Sep 09, 20:51
Actually we won, he saved us from a draw! Thank you Zlatan, you have done it again

Stefan
05 Sep 09, 21:27
Eto'o scored as well. Should probably mention that here since this is the comparison thread.

Bes
05 Sep 09, 23:03
Eto'o scored as well. Should probably mention that here since this is the comparison thread.
Ye, he scored a great goal, plus he did the assist for the first goal of Cameroon.

rockball
12 Sep 09, 09:38
:finger::boogy:

vitomins
12 Sep 09, 19:52
Updated...

Ibra adds a goal and an assist against Getafe.

DIN011
13 Sep 09, 16:14
Update the pics, please.

http://i30.tinypic.com/dq6gxx.jpg

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/thumbnails/199_150/Imatges/2009-2010/futbol/primer_equip/plantilla/IBRAHIMOVIC.jpg

vitomins
13 Sep 09, 20:52
That Eto'o one is the same exact one I have lol...

DIN011
13 Sep 09, 21:38
No it isn't...this one is cutted ;) There's no ugly white lines on the 1 I posted.

vitomins
13 Sep 09, 22:33
Man you really have to find something better to do with your time than critique pictures in a thread where pictures are meaningless...

DIN011
13 Sep 09, 22:53
What can I say...I have too much free time :P

But could you update it? It looks better.

vitomins
13 Sep 09, 22:59
Nah...I like the border...

Rimpel
16 Sep 09, 21:38
they both didn't have a good game today, with eto'o being particularly bad IMO. He really wasn't involved in anything, not even in the first half when we actually had the ball :p I'm disappointed, I thought he would score.

vitomins
17 Sep 09, 12:40
they both didn't have a good game today, with eto'o being particularly bad IMO. He really wasn't involved in anything, not even in the first half when we actually had the ball :p I'm disappointed, I thought he would score.

You really should watch the game again. His workrate was unmatched by anyone on the pitch. Everytime the Barcelona backfield lost the ball, check out who caused it...

Updated the stats...

Rimpel
17 Sep 09, 13:18
You really should watch the game again. His workrate was unmatched by anyone on the pitch. Everytime the Barcelona backfield lost the ball, check out who caused it...

Updated the stats...

workrate isn't enough although it's nice to see, did he even have a shot attempt on goal? In the first half I mean (like I said, when we actually had some decent possession).

I thought Milito got into way better positions than eto'o.

vitomins
17 Sep 09, 13:26
workrate isn't enough although it's nice to see, did he even have a shot attempt on goal? In the first half I mean (like I said, when we actually had some decent possession).

I thought Milito got into way better positions than eto'o.

If you base a performance on shot attempts then yes it was a bad performance, but almost everytime Barcelona lost the ball it was caused by Eto'o.

Rimpel
17 Sep 09, 13:48
If you base a performance on shot attempts then yes it was a bad performance, but almost everytime Barcelona lost the ball it was caused by Eto'o.

yeah, sounds like a real MOM striker performance ;)

But seriously, I love eto'o for his workrate, it's very nice to see (and refreshing) but he needed to get into better positions in the box.
Would have relished to see him score against them, but he never even got close so yes I think it was a bad performance from him and I expect more from him when we face them at the camp nou.

vitomins
17 Sep 09, 13:57
yeah, sounds like a real MOM striker performance ;)

But seriously, I love eto'o for his workrate, it's very nice to see (and refreshing) but he needed to get into better positions in the box.
Would have relished to see him score against them, but he never even got close so yes I think it was a bad performance from him and I expect more from him when we face them at the camp nou.

If you can find a good striker performance from any team with 33% ball possession, I will be amazed!

Rimpel
17 Sep 09, 14:12
If you can find a good striker performance from any team with 33% ball possession, I will be amazed!

"In the first half I mean (like I said, when we actually had some decent possession). "

vitomins
17 Sep 09, 14:23
"In the first half I mean (like I said, when we actually had some decent possession). "

Most of the first half posession was in our half, we really did not crack through that many times...

Rimpel
17 Sep 09, 14:37
Most of the first half posession was in our half, we really did not crack through that many times...

lol, how many excuses do you have?:D

vitomins
17 Sep 09, 14:49
lol, how many excuses do you have?:D

Probably as many as you have...

Rimpel
17 Sep 09, 15:06
Probably as many as you have...

what in god's name do I need an excuse for? :D Every publication and pretty much everyone I've talked to agrees with me, eto'o had a bad game. After all, he is human. You're in complete denial.

vitomins
17 Sep 09, 15:17
what in god's name do I need an excuse for? :D Every publication and pretty much everyone I've talked to agrees with me, eto'o had a bad game. After all, he is human. You're in complete denial.

Well I always feel that rating a player should be relative to the team's performance. If we played well, then yes his performance would be bad, but relative to our performance, it was not bad. I thought only Lucio, Samuel and Chivu were better....

Michael
17 Sep 09, 15:33
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1174/125316839618118.jpg

The Camerooninan and the Swedish comparison
The dots indicate the movements of the players on the field

7 Ball Lost 2

2 Contrasts won 0 (????????)

5 Contrasts lost 3 (????????)

0 Assist 1

19 Passes on targets 22

6 Passes off targets 1

1 Shots on goal 0

0 Shots wide 3

0 Fouls 1

2 Offsides 2

vitomins
17 Sep 09, 15:36
Wow if Eto'o would have touched the ball 6 times inside the box like Ibra, I guarantee he would have had a goal!

maxw
17 Sep 09, 18:11
Could contrasti maybe mean the number of counter attacks they started? Just a guess...

And how could Ibra have an assist when the score was 0-0? It's a job for the "Goal-scorers and Assist-men"-team... :P

vitomins
17 Sep 09, 18:20
Could contrasti maybe mean the number of counter attacks they started? Just a guess...

And how could Ibra have an assist when the score was 0-0? It's a job for the "Goal-scorers and Assist-men"-team... :P

I think Assist means a pass that led to a shot...haha man we are giving these things away too easily now!

Luca-22
17 Sep 09, 18:25
''Contrasti vinti'' and ''contrasti persi'' means duels won and duels lost.

maxw
17 Sep 09, 18:26
Yes I have noticed that the Italians say assist just when you make a neat pass in the box or something like that.. They must have lots of assists then! :D

vitomins
17 Sep 09, 18:27
''Contrasti vinti'' and ''contrasti persi'' means duels won and duels lost.

That is what I figured, but I thought balls lost/balls won would be the same thing...

Luca-22
17 Sep 09, 18:31
Apperently not :P I can't tell you the difference to be honest.

vitomins
23 Sep 09, 13:16
Updated...oddly enough Eto'o and Ibra have played the exact same amount of minutes! Even though Ibra has played 1 more match than Eto'o, it is still strange that their minutes are identical...

vitomins
25 Sep 09, 18:41
Updated Eto'o stats from the Napoli game....

vitomins
28 Sep 09, 13:35
updated stats from this weekends games...

Handoyo
28 Sep 09, 21:18
5 goals in 5 matches, each in every match.

I cannot recall a player that is so dominant in DOMESTIC LEAGUE this past decade.

tritolone
29 Sep 09, 15:47
He won the league (counting Juve stripped titles) 7 times in 8 seasons since he moved to Ajax. Liverpool should consider replacing Torres with him:D

Lenny_and_Carl
30 Sep 09, 03:41
Watching Inter play so far this season (particularly the last couple of matches), I'm wondering whether we really did get the better deal from the Ibra-Eto'o swap. For me, it comes down to whether or not we had the funds to buy Sniejder. I think the team would look much better if we had Sneijder behind Milito and Ibra. That'd be two players able to create chances, and increase our overall ability to score. Ibra is probably a better overall player than Eto'o. If we didn't have the money before the swap though, then it remains a good deal as I believe Sneijder and Eto'o combined will do more for the team than just Ibra.

Handoyo
30 Sep 09, 20:02
He won the league (counting Juve stripped titles) 7 times in 8 seasons since he moved to Ajax. Liverpool should consider replacing Torres with him:D
And why not? He broke our eternal curse after all.

Call me gullible but I'm just :crybaby: that the thread's title is Eto'o vs Ibra and not Eto'o & Ibra. :(

tritolone
30 Sep 09, 21:37
I was serious about Liverpool;) maybe I used the wrong smiley:D

yesss Etoo&Ibra would be nice

vitomins
05 Oct 09, 14:17
Updated...

FCBarca
09 Oct 09, 20:00
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6585/3598863711.jpg

Hasan
09 Oct 09, 20:57
Machine for goals in CL still didn't scored goal in two games?

FCBarca
10 Oct 09, 08:15
Machine for goals in CL still didn't scored goal in two games?

How cool is that photo though? :hat:

rockball
10 Oct 09, 12:13
Yea..especially the fact that Ibra is fading in it and Eto'o is so much more sharp ;)

Rimpel
11 Oct 09, 10:14
sick pic

Handoyo
12 Oct 09, 08:12
Would be sicker had Ibra still don the Nerazzurri jersey. :crybaby:

vitomins
26 Oct 09, 13:42
Updated...

Suneet
26 Oct 09, 15:26
Ibra was amazing last night...

skyline1908
26 Oct 09, 21:09
He is always amazing...But Eto'o + 50m...Zlatan who?! ;)

snake
27 Oct 09, 00:34
Vito, great idea...but I have a suggestion.

Is it too much to ask to have a table that gives an overall view? A easy to read table showing games played, goals scored, assists and average rating would be perfect. As it stands, I don't read it because it is not the greatest set up.

vitomins
27 Oct 09, 00:47
Haha, a table will be formed tomorrow just for you Anon :P

vitomins
27 Oct 09, 13:28
Updated...jazzed it up with tables, great suggestion, it looks much better!

Handoyo
27 Oct 09, 14:41
I don't see no tables dude

vitomins
27 Oct 09, 15:57
They are images....they are working fine on my computer.

lonewolf19
30 Oct 09, 05:35
Tables working, please update it. I want to see Eto'o stats since he just got 2 goals to his name. :D

vitomins
30 Oct 09, 12:57
updated...

vitomins
05 Nov 09, 17:38
Updated...Ibra and Messi getting 3.5 ratings against Rubin yesterday!

shahz_nerazzurri
06 Nov 09, 00:35
Wow, so accoding to the ratings, Eto has done as much for us, as Zlatan has for Barca??

The rating system is really flawed somewhere.

Rimpel
06 Nov 09, 11:42
Wow, so accoding to the ratings, Eto has done as much for us, as Zlatan has for Barca??

The rating system is really flawed somewhere.

I think goal.com is the problem... they never get the ratings right.

vitomins
06 Nov 09, 12:01
I know, but I figured that they would get the ratings wrong for both players, so it would balance out...

Ibra was terrible in the Spanish Super Cup and Euro Super Cup, plus his ratings have been low in Champions League. His La Liga ratings are much higher than Eto'o's Serie A ones...

Trippi
06 Nov 09, 12:25
Ibra would get the goals for Barcelona but his impact on the overall play of Barcelona is very less. The likes of Xavi,Iniesta,Messi(XIM) still run the show.
It can be said that its because of XIM that Ibra gets the goals.

Whereas Eto does so much of the dirty work for Inter. And he is actually off his game for now because his game is based on the Mid Field working for him and creating chances for him. So that might be the reason that Ibra leads Eto i the Goals dept. But impact wise there is not a lot of gap between them even though i am tempted to say that Eto has a much harder task on his hands. All this is ofcourse the way i am seeing it and just my 2 cents.

vitomins
09 Nov 09, 13:33
Updated...

vitomins
25 Nov 09, 15:21
Updated Eto'o stats...I wonder if any of those who were adamant about Eto'o being the much better player for our team are beginning to doubt their opinion??

What do you guys think?

Nyall
25 Nov 09, 20:08
How could Eto'o be a better fit to a team which played as a Ibra FC? It's just like saying Ibra is a better fit to Barca than Eto'o. Inter has to adjust to Eto'o before he can start scoring 30 goals. You can't expect to take a piece from one puzzle and fit it into a new puzzle perfectly. You have to mold that piece/puzzle first.

FCBarca
25 Nov 09, 20:09
How could Eto'o be a better fit to a team which played as a Ibra FC? It's just like saying Ibra is a better fit to Barca than Eto'o. Inter has to adjust to Eto'o before he can start scoring 30 goals. You can't expect to take a piece from one puzzle and fit it into a new puzzle perfectly. You have to mold that piece/puzzle first.

QFT :thumbsup:

Rimpel
25 Nov 09, 21:35

Holy shit, you made a post that made sense.

Trippi
26 Nov 09, 06:34
Playing as a striker in Barca is a dream and playing in a current Inter team is nightmare. Our Forwards have to do extra work for the same pay.:D

vitomins
02 Dec 09, 12:20
Updated...Ibra has 2 more goals in 3 less games.

vitomins
11 Dec 09, 16:37
Updated, Eto'o trying to catch up!

Handoyo
12 Dec 09, 17:42
I can't believe Eto'o is scoring just 1 goal every 200 minutes. Not to mention, just 7 goals in 1640 minutes prior to the Juve match!!! I know he's not gonna score as many goals as before due to the difference in midfield but I hope he adjusts to the team & Serie A faster and play up to his full potential.

Adam
12 Dec 09, 20:37
He's doing really well the last couple of matches. Scored against both Juve and Kazan. Two very imortant matches. Hopefully he's hit some form now and keeps goin.

FCBarca
12 Dec 09, 21:03
Samu is da man...He will be a huge asset going forward in February, mark my words...Just service the lion

Handoyo
13 Dec 09, 11:23
Samu is da man...He will be a huge asset going forward in February, mark my words...Just service the lion
That's the thing really. Most Interisti (Well at least I do) think that Ibra is much better for Inter because not only does Ibra not need services but he can service the team.

vitomins
01 Feb 10, 18:58
First update in almost 2 months!

Ibra had a huge dip in form while Eto'o was in Africa. Let's see how Eto'o returns...

FCBarca
26 Feb 10, 19:55
Ibra currently on 15 goals, 8 assists for the season

skeet
28 Feb 10, 01:56

haha.. funny how that worked out

so far, it seems eto'o has a better goal-per-shot ration than ibra :lol::lol: better overall rating too, people should stop hating on eto'o because he isn't the show-stopper ibra was

The Don
07 Mar 10, 06:53
The table is inaccurate.. In the "OTHER" section Ibra should have two assists to his name (against Bilbao in the Super Coppa for Messi's first and against Atlante in the Club World Cup for Messi's goal)

vitomins
08 Mar 10, 12:37
The table is inaccurate.. In the "OTHER" section Ibra should have two assists to his name (against Bilbao in the Super Coppa for Messi's first and against Atlante in the Club World Cup for Messi's goal)

The Super Cup goal was not an assist from Ibrahimovic. Messi did way too much work after receiving the pass to consider that an assist.

Handoyo
08 Mar 10, 12:47
Seriously, you truly are reminding me of Frisko man vito.

The way you support the Italian NT.

The crazy amount of CONSTANT contribution to FI.

The way you hate it when Inter is made fun of, even when it's a joke.

And now you're telling me you're gonna argue with someone when it comes to assist!?!?!? :D

You guys need a DNA check, maybe you're really brother from another mother.

vitomins
08 Mar 10, 12:48
Seriously, you truly are reminding me of Frisko man vito.

The way you support the Italian NT.

The crazy amount of CONSTANT contribution to FI.

The way you hate it when Inter is made fun of, even when it's a joke.

And now you're telling me you're gonna argue with someone when it comes to assist!?!?!? :D

You guys need a DNA check, maybe you're really brother from another mother.

Haha well we are both Italian too, I think this is where it all comes from :P

Nyall
08 Mar 10, 20:46
vito for mod!!!!

vitomins
09 Mar 10, 12:38
vito for mod!!!!

Nyall is back! Has it been a month already???

Handoyo
11 Mar 10, 09:37
I'm gonna step in and break it off before it gets worse. Let's keep it civilized yeah? ;)

Besnik
11 Mar 10, 12:35
Yeah

vitomins
11 Mar 10, 12:54
I'm gonna step in and break it off before it gets worse. Let's keep it civilized yeah? ;)
Han: OK, let's really cut it

Toninu
11 Mar 10, 13:00
I say let Shahz and Vito fight to the death, we could sell tickets we could definitely make some money =P

vitomins
11 Mar 10, 13:04
And the proceeds can go to the charity of your choice Toni! :P

The Don
01 Apr 10, 07:47
The Super Cup goal was not an assist from Ibrahimovic. Messi did way too much work after receiving the pass to consider that an assist.

it was recorded as an official assist for him.

vitomins
01 Apr 10, 15:14
it was recorded as an official assist for him.

LOL where are assists officially recorded??

FCBarca
01 Apr 10, 15:24
Ibra, 20 goals, 10 assists...so far

vitomins
01 Apr 10, 15:31
Ibra, 20 goals, 10 assists...so far

Ya sorry I have not updated. I figured I will wait until the end of the season and do one final update...

The Don
02 Apr 10, 02:52
LOL where are assists officially recorded??

on the moon? what am I suppose to answer?

he has 20 goals and 10 assists, thats his official stat. he made 6 assists in the league, 1 in the CWC, and 2 in the champions league, right? add them up and you'll get 9 not 10 which means that his assist in the Supper Coppa was recorded as an official assist in his Barca career

FCBarca
02 Apr 10, 15:31
http://i41.tinypic.com/2hs1yxc.gif

pazzainteramala
02 Apr 10, 15:32
guys when does barca play real

vitomins
02 Apr 10, 15:33
on the moon? what am I suppose to answer?

he has 20 goals and 10 assists, thats his official stat. he made 6 assists in the league, 1 in the CWC, and 2 in the champions league, right? add them up and you'll get 9 not 10 which means that his assist in the Supper Coppa was recorded as an official assist in his Barca career

There is no official recording on assists though Don.

Some sites say 10 assists, some say less...

FCBarca
02 Apr 10, 15:42
guys when does barca play real

April 10, 2010 is the date mentioned in a lot of publications but also listed as Sunday April 11, 2010 at the Bobby Brown stadium...I believe it's the 10th, Saturday.

This is one of the many problems in the Primera, the league is so utterly disorganized often times fixtures are in a state of flux even in the days leading up to the proposed kickoff

vitomins
02 Apr 10, 15:59
Barcelona Site: Week 31 - Sat 10 Apr - 22:00 - Real Madrid - FC Barcelona

Real Madrid Site: 31 - Barcelona - 10/04/10

La Liga Site: Real Madrid - F.C. Barcelona - 10/04/2010 - 22:00 - Mejuto González

Saturday seems like the safe assumption...

The Don
05 Apr 10, 05:00
There is no official recording on assists though Don.

Some sites say 10 assists, some say less...

fair enough, I was just talking about the ones from Barca's official site.

and el clasico is supposed to be April 10th at 22:00

La_Beneamata
03 May 10, 18:12
Here is to Eto' scoring his 3rd Champion's League final goal in Madrid, giving us the Treble, which is something Ibra would never have done...

Stefan
03 May 10, 18:16
Vito you should try and find a way to measure the defensive work each has put in. Pretty sure samu slaps zlatan silly in that category.:)

vitomins
03 May 10, 18:37
Vito you should try and find a way to measure the defensive work each has put in. Pretty sure samu slaps zlatan silly in that category.:)

haha damn! I should have counted tackles :P

vitomins
04 May 10, 19:51
http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/articoli/articolo31848.shtml