PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Sneijder

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Il Muro
22 Oct 09, 14:11
Djorkieff back in the day?

I assume your memory is quite bad. Figo only left last season.

Raul Duke
24 Oct 09, 11:03
I assume your memory is quite bad. Figo only left last season.

"Ran at defenders?" - Figo couldn't even walk last season

Faяouk
24 Oct 09, 17:22
Hope his game face is on today. We need him in this team, also i think that we shouldn't stop there: we need to get rid of assholes like RQ and Mancini, who can't cut it, and get some other solid skilled MF. We need someone to take the heat off Sneijder, or else they'll be tackling his ass all day.

Why doesn't Mourinho use Quaresma as a substitute AM for Sneijder? Quaresma could play against crappy opponents in the 2nd half or so, or when Sneijder's rested for the big games. It could help Quaresma build his confidence as well, he's a good player, just lacks confidence.

Quaresma is being wasted on the bench. But Mancini is crap...

sergiu.inter
24 Oct 09, 17:48
Why doesn't Mourinho use Quaresma as a substitute AM for Sneijder? Quaresma could play against crappy opponents in the 2nd half or so, or when Sneijder's rested for the big games. It could help Quaresma build his confidence as well, he's a good player, just lacks confidence.

True fellow milanista ;) RQ deserves more from everyone

Il Muro
24 Oct 09, 19:40
"Ran at defenders?" - Figo couldn't even walk last season

and before that?

A.l.i
24 Oct 09, 19:55

It is not necessary that a winger can also play as an AM. Quaresma can never play at a big club. Lacks the brains......

His confidence is non-existent. :howler:

Faяouk
24 Oct 09, 20:02
True fellow milanista ;) RQ deserves more from everyone

Thanks. :)

It is not necessary that a winger can also play as an AM. Quaresma can never play at a big club. Lacks the brains......

His confidence is non-existent. :howler:

I thought so too. But he is really talented that I believe he deserves another shot. 6 months isn't a fair chance tbh. And maybe when he starts getting regular minutes with no one expecting anything from him he could come good. Afterall, too much was expected from him so he collapsed.

I think he could be a deadly tool if in from to play in Sneijder's place in the 2nd half or so, he could drift to the right or to the left and make wonders. I mean it's only fair considering Mancini and Viera still get game time.

Michael
24 Oct 09, 20:36
No Sneijder. No party. 2nd goal for his young Nerazzurri career.

VLE
24 Oct 09, 21:19
I thought so too. But he is really talented that I believe he deserves another shot. 6 months isn't a fair chance tbh. And maybe when he starts getting regular minutes with no one expecting anything from him he could come good. Afterall, too much was expected from him so he collapsed.

I think he could be a deadly tool if in from to play in Sneijder's place in the 2nd half or so, he could drift to the right or to the left and make wonders. I mean it's only fair considering Mancini and Viera still get game time.

It's impossible to become Inter's AM and not get any attention/expectations.
Anyway, his main problem has been trying usless tricks instead of reading the game, something AM should not do. There are reason Kaka was hailed in 06 without doing any Brazilian dribbles.

minterke
24 Oct 09, 22:47
Who's Diego?

milton
24 Oct 09, 23:53
it says on the fcinter1908 site that sneijder is out (injured) for the games against palermo and livorno and might even miss the next champions league game against kiev :(

Campione
24 Oct 09, 23:55
it says on the fcinter1908 site that sneijder is out for the games against palermo and livorno and might even miss the next champions league game against kiev :(

You are kidding, right?! :wth:

milton
24 Oct 09, 23:58
You are kidding, right?! :wth:
i wish i was!

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=916 (in italian)

Efrain21C
25 Oct 09, 00:10
he's right

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=es&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinter1908.it%2F%3Faction%3Dre ad%26idnotizia%3D916&sl=it&tl=en&history_state0=

lonewolf19
25 Oct 09, 01:46
Damn, this guy is a gem. We cannot play without him now. Hopefully that injury is only a scare...

Jimmy Page
25 Oct 09, 10:47
This guy is will become the new Recoba

Campione
25 Oct 09, 11:17
Damn, that guy is made of glass... Let's hope he'll be ready for Dinamo clash.

milton
25 Oct 09, 14:37
Damn, that guy is made of glass... Let's hope he'll be ready for Dinamo clash.
Yeah, i think we'll need him and milito if we're gonna beat kiev. It seems like after wesley's late winner against udinese he's been playing on a higher level, hopefully it will continue!

Besnik
25 Oct 09, 16:02
Grande Sneijder!!!!

That goal from free-kick was really fantastic, I was very happy for that, I was waiting for any goal like this from Wesley Sneijder and I hope he'll continue scoring free-kicks.. He have a lot of potential and he is great midifielder, glad to see him playing great!!

mournickio
25 Oct 09, 18:58
Sneijder is the real deal for us.The FK was amazing,after many shity FK he finally found the net . Whats up with all his injuries lately,he wasnt injury prone at RM,he had serious injury but other than that he was never a glassman like Robben.

Il Muro
25 Oct 09, 19:17
San Siro pitch possibly?

skyline1908
25 Oct 09, 19:56
Or Italian league...He is not used to run away from butchers ;)

Michael
26 Oct 09, 04:17
Today are the exams: if it is a stretched thigh then the Champions League is distant. "I hope that I stopped in time."

Milan - Here we go again: Wesley Sneijder is hanging on the edge of a clinical test. Today, after the tests provided in the morning, you will know if the Dutchman will recover at least for the decisive match on Wednesday, November 4th in Kiev. The problem is not serious but so much so that Sneijder asked to be replaced with 30 minutes left in the match against Catania. He then returned to the dressing room with the muscle in the right thigh hardened.

That leaves Stankovic...If the result of today's tests is about a stretch then it would be practically impossible for him to be available for Kiev. The hope here is that he stopped in time, which, with ten days until that match it is a possibility that he will play in the Champions League. Meanwhile, avoiding the risks he will not be playing against Palermo and Livorno. In retrospect, we can count on Stankovic. The Serbian on Saturday night only played for 20 minutes and if Mourinho decides to use him he will start in Sneijder's position. Even though, the coach has always chosen the 4-3-3 in the two matches that Sneijder was not available (Sampdoria, Rubin Kazan).

Here for years Meanwhile, today Sneijder did an interview with Sportweek, in which the midfielder also spoke about his experience with Inter. "I could not hope for a better start at Inter as if I am here for years, not two months. I'm comfortable with my teammates and with Mourinho. He is one of the best technicians in the world and we both have had many conversations. That is a very important thing, because I'm very tough and demanding with myself, but it is essential to hear the trusts from the environment around me."

I like it here "People like Maicon, Zanetti, Stankovic, Lucio, Cambiasso, Vieira knows how to defend with great aggressiveness, but they also have great quality in the attack. It is very crucial, especially in the league like the Italian Serie A, I think it is a very competitive league because every teams is well prepared tactically. We often face opponents who are close in defense, but we always go down the field and score goals just like against Genoa. With many great players, there is always different way to score. This is a system that allows me the freedom to do what I like such as taking set pieces, shooting..."

Jibe at Real Madrid Talking about the incident in Inter-Catania on Saturday night. "I hope that I stopped in time," speaking to the interviewer, pending the tests today. The Dutch prefer not to speak about the Champions League. But he jokes, however, "it is not a coincidence that Milan won in Madrid." Remember what happened a day after Wesley Sneijder landed in Milan?.

lonewolf19
26 Oct 09, 06:45
We really need Sneijder in Kiev. He is pretty much irreplaceable in our team at the moment.
I can see us winning in Serie A without him but not in Kiev

CafeCordoba
26 Oct 09, 09:02
Oh goddammit. :wallbang: Hopefully he'll be fine! Otherwise it will be pure grind shit against Dynamo and they can just concentrate on counters.

J zanetti
26 Oct 09, 11:55
This guy has become as pivotal for us as Ibra was less than a few months ago. It’s not ideal because we don’t have a worthy backup what so ever. Now seeing how injury prone Wesley is, we really need a proper back up. We will see if Pandev’s possible arrival is the right one or not!?
Realistically we are screwed without him in Kiev. Damn it…

CafeCordoba
26 Oct 09, 13:03
Pandev is player playing in different position so at least he won't be a carbon-copy replacement. He can't be used as AM, or at least Mourinho won't do it. So it's pretty much Stankovic's task to substitute Wesley when he's out. We have to hope we won't see these injuries coming constantly in this season, otherwise we are screwed.

CafeCordoba
26 Oct 09, 13:35
There seems to be real scare he will be out.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2F%3Faction%3Dre ad%26idnotizia%3D9850&sl=auto&tl=en&history_state0=

Thank god at least Milito is coming back. With Eto'o, Balotelli and Stankovic, it would have seem pretty hopeless. Milito needs to be saved for Dynamo match at all costs.

J zanetti
26 Oct 09, 14:20
Pandev is player playing in different position so at least he won't be a carbon-copy replacement. He can't be used as AM, or at least Mourinho won't do it. So it's pretty much Stankovic's task to substitute Wesley when he's out. We have to hope we won't see these injuries coming constantly in this season, otherwise we are screwed.
Ah ok - I do not know why but I thought although AM is not his usual position but he had played there for Lazio at times and performed well!
oh well... then we really are screwed because as we all know Deki no matter how good he currently is does not possess the same touch/vision and sharpness of Sneijder! Basically all the things that makes him unique to our team.

This morning’s results are not that promising - let’s hope he can make a speedy recovery…

Michael
26 Oct 09, 15:55
Confirming CC's link:

Before joining his team-mates in Appiano Gentile, Wesley Sneijder underwent a series of medical tests, performed by Inter chief of medical staff Franco Combi. The Dutchman, who has strained the biceps femoris muscle in his right leg, has already undergone an initial session of treatment, after which Combi spoke to Sky Sport 24.

He said: "Sneijder's injury is a strain. There is a lesion. Will he be available for the Kiev game? As always, we will do everything we can, but a strain is a strain. We will see how things go in the coming days, but it's an important muscle."

Combi added: "Thiago Motta and Milito have been training with the squad for three days. They're better, but we're taking it day by day."

Suneet
26 Oct 09, 16:23
No Sneijder no party.... I'm sure Mou and Combi will get him ready for Kiev.

Nero Indigo
26 Oct 09, 18:37
Not to be a killjoy but: i don't think he'll make it.

Xoonky
26 Oct 09, 19:55
Not to be a killjoy but: i don't think he'll make it.

Actually, seeing his importance, i think he will.
Mou and his gang will force him into the field even with one leg, he is simply irreplaceable.

skyline1908
26 Oct 09, 22:08
This would be a HUGE mistake...He must be full OK!

Quaresma with Suazo...Give them a chance Mou!

lonewolf19
27 Oct 09, 05:46
FFS, Just save Sneijder for Kiev and the rest of the CL games. Only play him in important Serie A games too this season.

28 Oct 09, 07:50
FFS, Just save Sneijder for Kiev and the rest of the CL games. Only play him in important Serie A games too this season.

TBH, without him we have looked mediocre - and frankly we can not afford to play without him whenever he is available.

CafeCordoba
28 Oct 09, 08:58
Yeah, every Serie A match is difficult without Sneijder.

Lombardiamia
28 Oct 09, 09:38
I know it's not the same thing, but at least Thiago Motta should be fit against Dinamo. Sure he is not Sneijder and neither does he play in his role, but he does offer something different than what our midfield has to offer without him in terms of quality.

alvaro
28 Oct 09, 14:44
Jose pretty much ruled out Wesley from Kiev game. :( We're fucked.

"This is positive - 26 out of 27 players are well. This doesn't mean that Sneijder is not important for us, but he won't be available tomorrow or in Kiev. We might see him again in the late game against Roma (on 8 November)."

A.l.i
28 Oct 09, 14:48
Jose pretty much ruled out Wesley from Kiev game. :( We're fucked.

"This is positive - 26 out of 27 players are well. This doesn't mean that Sneijder is not important for us, but he won't be available tomorrow or in Kiev. We might see him again in the late game against Roma (on 8 November)."

:(

CafeCordoba
28 Oct 09, 15:21
Hopefully he's bluffing. Otherwise it looks really, really hard for us when it comes to CL. At least we have Milito back for that match but no one can contribute like Sneijder.

Lombardiamia
28 Oct 09, 15:29
Actually when reading his interview in Italian, he said 'probably'. He didnt rule him out completely. Not yet at least.

Suneet
28 Oct 09, 17:29
I'm confident he will play.

Rimpel
29 Oct 09, 12:51
WTF, injured again? We need him badly in the coming fixtures.

vitomins
29 Oct 09, 13:54
So why don't we just forfeit the game then??? Christ guys, I know it would be a major blow for us, but you guys have to stop chalking up a loss for us before we even play the damn game!

I remember a bunch of people freaking out because we didn't have Eto'o and Milito at Genoa...anyone remember how that game turned out???

The point is, you have no idea how we will play on that day, who will step up and shine or who will play terrible. You just have to take it one game at a time. The first time against Kyiv, we played terrible for the majority of the match and did not have Motta or Milito. I am confident if we play like we truly can and have those two in our lineup, we will take 3 points even without Sneijder...

A.l.i
29 Oct 09, 14:43
I remember a bunch of people freaking out because we didn't have Eto'o and Milito at Genoa...anyone remember how that game turned out???

In CL, its an entirely different case. :P

vitomins
29 Oct 09, 16:02
That is only because everyone has it stuck in their mind that we will always be mediocre in CL...wake up, things can change.

If we go in Kyiv without Sneijder, I'd say about 75% of you guys would already mark it down as a loss...and more importantly couldn't wait until after the match to come on here to say how shitty we are or how you told us so.

I said it before, last year we took 7 points from our first 3 matches and what did we finish with??? 8 FUCKIN POINTS! Who would have thought we would get 1 point in 3 matches against the sides we faced???

The point is, nobody can predict the future. We could go to those games and have our players play the best matches of their lives....how do you know how they will perform before it even happens??? Hell, we may take 9 points in our last 3 games, we are a strong side and that should not be an unrealistic thing...I shouldn't be called an optimist for thinking we could win the remining 3 games, we all should believe that, because you never know how the team will play until the match starts!

CafeCordoba
29 Oct 09, 19:25
Maybe you should wake up. :D

Of course everyone is rooting for Inter when they play. Without Sneijder the task is tough (to get a victory), and you can't deny that.

We are just talking about the situation, we are speculating. If you don't like this kind of speculation, it's fine. But don't blame others for speculating. Of course no one can know in advance what will happen, but we just like to speculate what we think will happen.

vitomins
29 Oct 09, 20:39
Maybe you should wake up. :D

Of course everyone is rooting for Inter when they play. Without Sneijder the task is tough (to get a victory), and you can't deny that.

We are just talking about the situation, we are speculating. If you don't like this kind of speculation, it's fine. But don't blame others for speculating. Of course no one can know in advance what will happen, but we just like to speculate what we think will happen.

You are the ones marking losses before the game even starts, but I should wake up??

You obviously have not watched enough football if you can say so easily that Inter cannot play in the CL without Sneijder. Anything can happen and you should know this because the same team that has 3 draws in CL and a draw at home with Bari also beat Milan 4-0 and Genoa 5-0, so if our team shows up, we will have no problem in Kyiv...

Man everyone is a fuckin' prophet on this forum....

CafeCordoba
29 Oct 09, 23:06
You are the ones marking losses before the game even starts, but I should wake up??

You obviously have not watched enough football if you can say so easily that Inter cannot play in the CL without Sneijder. Anything can happen and you should know this because the same team that has 3 draws in CL and a draw at home with Bari also beat Milan 4-0 and Genoa 5-0, so if our team shows up, we will have no problem in Kyiv...

Man everyone is a fuckin' prophet on this forum....

Where have I said Inter can't play without Sneijder? I said the task will be tough without him.

Nero Indigo
30 Oct 09, 11:16
It seems when one person sounds negative about the situation slightly and then another sounds negative about the situation strongly - Vito just puts y'all in the same bandwagon :lol:

vitomins
30 Oct 09, 13:23
If you honestly can say that Cafe is slightly negative instead of strongly, you have not read enough of his posts....

I believe he referred to our lineup as "unbelieveably shit" yesterday...before we were winning 4-0 at half time lol

A.l.i
30 Oct 09, 14:55
It seems when one person sounds negative about the situation slightly and then another sounds negative about the situation strongly - Vito just puts y'all in the same bandwagon :lol:

This negativity has been brought upon by Inter itself. It hasn't come from another planet.

If you honestly can say that Cafe is slightly negative instead of strongly, you have not read enough of his posts....

I believe he referred to our lineup as "unbelieveably shit" yesterday...before we were winning 4-0 at half time lol

:P

Nero Indigo
31 Oct 09, 08:49
:D you're right* i didn't read his previous posts :lol:

Trance
01 Nov 09, 16:08
I kind of agree with vitomins on this one. It's not the end of the world that Sneijder won't play. Past games we have done pretty well without him and YES I know they were not CL games but I'm pretty sure all the players are aware that the Kiev game is the most important one so far. So I'm sure they will give it all on the pitch and I'm also fairly confident we will come out of that game with a win.

ps. I've seen Cafe's pessimism for at least 2-3 years back on IRC, it somehow makes Inter play better and prove him wrong 80% of the time, so I think he should keep it up :D

CafeCordoba
01 Nov 09, 16:37
They will give their all like against Dynamo at Meazza? That was what Zanetti said, everyone gave their all.

But having Milito and Eto'o in form is a bonus, they have played together in CL only against Barcelona, so they haven't showed what they can do against an opponent proper for Inter. Missing Sneijder is huge, but it's not deadly.

Ps. Haven't seen that "Inter play better", tell me when that's actually happening and I'm first to admit it. Palermo victory was nice, but just an exception. Generally it's been more like this Livorno match than the Palermo one.

Trance
01 Nov 09, 16:42
Well the 1st Kiev game was not as important as this one. Because this is more or less the last ticket we can get to progress. So now they should REALLY give it all and I'm sure they realize that. I re-state my confidence that we will come out with a win.

Okay I will keep a tab of all your negative predictions from now on :howler: As for the 2nd part of your comment, you are forgetting that games "like this Livorno one" keep bringing us points after points. So why still be negative about it?

Nvm, rhetorical question, don't answer. It's in your blood :)

CafeCordoba
01 Nov 09, 17:00
Well the 1st Kiev game was not as important as this one. Because this is more or less the last ticket we can get to progress. So now they should REALLY give it all and I'm sure they realize that. I re-state my confidence that we will come out with a win.

Okay I will keep a tab of all your negative predictions from now on :howler: As for the 2nd part of your comment, you are forgetting that games "like this Livorno one" keep bringing us points after points. So why still be negative about it?

Nvm, rhetorical question, don't answer. It's in your blood :)

There's a logic behind it. As Inter play so shitty in Serie A, and still win it year after year, they don't adapt to a style of play which is required for succeeding in CL. As they can play how they did today against Livorno, grab the victory without consuming too much energy, playing totally depressing and boring football, they don't ever go to another level. They don't need to play higher tempo football as they can win playing ridiculously slow. They can play "reactive" football, not "proactive" football if you understand what I mean. They just stand still and rely on some good performances by individuals.

This is why I find it negative. I'm happy they get points but not the way how they do it. Because it serves only the Scucetto run and actually hurts the CL-runs (over the years) because of the reason I stated in the first paragraph.

Ps. Where are my negative predictions? Haven't made those, unless you mean a general one (that Inter won't succeed in CL this year either).

Michael
04 Nov 09, 21:40
Another humongous goal for us. FORZA SNEIJDER!!!

minterke
04 Nov 09, 21:43
Sets up Milito 86'. Gol.

Gol 89'.

Ciao Dynamo.. WESLEY!

Forza ragazzi
04 Nov 09, 21:50
Three goals - nine points.

Three goals - three 2-1 victories

Three goals - always second decisive goal

Suneet
04 Nov 09, 21:52
Can we sign him up for life? Atleast till he's 60.

A.l.i
04 Nov 09, 22:03
Glad we didn't sign Diego. :P

Grande Sneijder !!!!!

Besnik
04 Nov 09, 22:12
Can we sign him up for life? Atleast till he's 60.

:dielaugh:

Grande Sneijder, he is awesome.. thanks Real Merda for this fantastic player, hopefully he will stay at Inter for ever, and retire with us.. he is still young and he can do a lot of special things, I really like him. :proud:

Forza Sneijder!!

AntonTheGreat
04 Nov 09, 22:27
i am so glad i got your jersey wesley "the wizard" sneijder

Campione
04 Nov 09, 22:28
GRANDE SNEIJDER! He is the player that we have been waiting so long. Hope he'll continue in this way.

CafeCordoba
04 Nov 09, 22:34
What a clutch. 1+1 in that kind of match. He really has started to deliver. 3+5 so far in this season (goals+assists).

sakana
04 Nov 09, 22:38
He busted his ass to get back onside before that pass to Milito, too. What a gem this guy is.

Alessandro
04 Nov 09, 22:47
Real Madrid = Fucking Idiots.

Gano
04 Nov 09, 22:56
Real Madrid = Fucking Idiots.

We shouldn't insult them. I mean, we must keep good relationship with them because of all those precious gifts we received. And perhaps it's not the end :)

nerazzurri4ever
04 Nov 09, 23:02
thank you perez for this gift

rfU
04 Nov 09, 23:06
i am so glad i got your jersey wesley "the wizard" sneijder

i like that one... wizard

achilles
05 Nov 09, 00:01
Sneijder has become an Inter legend as quick as anyone in recent memory. Fundamental player for us.

He has done a lot to help us forget about Ibra, that is for sure. Now why not bring in his buddy (and Ibra's most hated nemesis) Rafael Van der Vaart?

Other than his attitude, what is the worst that could happen? We already have Balotelli (at times), Mancini, Quaresma and Vieira riding the bench, and Mou keeps them quiet.

lonewolf19
05 Nov 09, 01:43
WESLEY FUCKING SNEIJDER
This guy is absolutely fucking CLUTCH!

Pico32
05 Nov 09, 02:09
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn128/Amr_Salah/fnh.jpg
Classic

Alex de Large
05 Nov 09, 02:26
Sneijder is without doubt the best midfielder in whe world along with Frank Lampard.

crzdcolombian
05 Nov 09, 04:02
Sneijder is without doubt the best midfielder in whe world along with Frank Lampard.

Sneijder is on par with Xavi and Inesita ....

Lampard doesnt exist compared to these guys.... Dont really count Kaka because he is basially a striker

Fitzy
05 Nov 09, 04:09
What a signing he has turned out to be! The only question mark over him is whether he can stay fit. It would also be nice if we brought in another midfielder to play alongside him.

rfU
05 Nov 09, 04:50

Lampard doesnt exist compared to these guys.... Dont really count Kaka because he is basially a strikererm no... he's not at thier level in terms of playmaking and creativity. And Xavi's passing is unrivalled. only thing he has over them is that he's an Inter player :D

Stefan
05 Nov 09, 07:29
Sneijder has become an Inter legend as quick as anyone in recent memory. Fundamental player for us.

He has done a lot to help us forget about Ibra, that is for sure. Now why not bring in his buddy (and Ibra's most hated nemesis) Rafael Van der Vaart?

Other than his attitude, what is the worst that could happen? We already have Balotelli (at times), Mancini, Quaresma and Vieira riding the bench, and Mou keeps them quiet.

Because we do not need him and will be focussing on coutinho as sneijder's understudy.

Wes has been a great signing.

rsz85
05 Nov 09, 09:40
He looks a bit Michael Scofield :)

Alex de Large
05 Nov 09, 12:43
Good signing no, he is actually the reason why we are first in CL and first in Serie A.

Lampard doesnt exist compared to these guys.... Dont really count Kaka because he is basially a striker

Xavi without good strikers and without a YayaToure or Senna behind, sucks. Lampard is much more complete player. He and Gerrard are btter than Xavi for me ;) they both havenot the Xavi vision but defend better and score goals.

rockball
05 Nov 09, 13:52
Xavi scores ridiculously low amount of goals. But his assist count would be far superior. Also Sneijder is more complete than Lampard.

A.l.i
05 Nov 09, 15:47
What a signing Wes is turning out to be. Decisive in each fucking game.

Suneet
05 Nov 09, 19:24
Quoting the great mikey " No Sneijder, no party"

Handoyo
06 Nov 09, 01:05
Dare I say best transfer in Europe this summer? His performances, the fact that he has solved our permanent midfield problem and the low price that we got him for...His work for Milito's assist is the stuff of legends, I have not seen an Inter midfielder do that ever, probably. Wrt to him vs Xavi, the latter has been consistent for the past decade or so, comparing the 2 of them is ridiculous.

shahz_nerazzurri
06 Nov 09, 01:16
I had doubts over his ability, as I wasnt too impressed with him last year with Madrid, but he has really proved me wrong.

I would agree with the best transfer thing. Ibra and C.Ronaldo have been better for their respective clubs, but they commanded a mammoth transfer fees as well, compared with this guy.

Handoyo
06 Nov 09, 01:36
And most importantly, Ibra is not a huge improvement over Eto'o, if any. CR9 has been injured more often than Sneijder I think.

snake
06 Nov 09, 02:45
Dare I say best transfer in Europe this summer?

You will have to approach the assessment with performances, transfer cost, objective of the transfer (long term, short term), minutes played etc...

It is a very tough one, no doubt. But we are first in both our competitions and he has been a very integral part to this, so he will be right up there.

J zanetti
06 Nov 09, 10:24
Agree with most of the recent posts regarding how fundamental this guy has been for us. No doubt about it.... the fact that he is fighter and not a winger like the likes of Mario and few others also help to increase his popularity among fans.
I think Hamed mentioned this a few days ago – the exact same thing I’ve been thinking and I’m sure most of you have thought about and that is we need a back-up to this guy for when he is out or perhaps when we need to rest him.
Our team plays on another level with him on the pitch. He is almost as pivotal to us as Ibra was just a few months ago.
A worthy back-up is a must!

sakana
06 Nov 09, 13:01
At the heart of all this was Sneijder. It sounds too simplistic to say that one player - and a Real Madrid cast-off to boot - could transform a team's mentality, but Sneijder is beginning to do just that. He not only provides a much-needed creative fulcrum, but relieves the playmaking burden on the likes of Dejan Stankovic and Balotelli, who are ill-suited to the task.

Sneijder is a thoroughly modern playmaker, a visionary passer but a pragmatist, who also bosses set-pieces, which are so important to Inter. Someone, in other words, most suited to their functionality. Moved on from the Bernabéu as part of an attempt at post-galáctico book-balancing, Pellegrini's side may well regret binning the Dutchman, particularly if the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo endures much longer.

From this (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=694543&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901) very good piece.

benajax
06 Nov 09, 15:18
You guys compare him with a lot of players who plays now.
He is more like a former Inter player who played 20 years ago who was wearing the same number.
Lothar Mateus

A.l.i
06 Nov 09, 15:25
A worthy back-up is a must!]

Pandev will come, don't worry. :D

benajax
06 Nov 09, 15:25
I saw sneijder Playing for ajax when he was 18. very good player.
I know he woud be a good fit for every team. but coming after the injury playing 90 min and going for every ball thats a big big thing.
He is playing for the team. He could have had a big injury in Kiev playing without training and don't forget this is the world cup year.

Handoyo
06 Nov 09, 18:09
Ashkan & Hamed, his back-up is Dejan Stankovic. Obviously Deki is worse when it comes to the playmaking duties but he would be adequate as a BACK-UP. It would be important to further reinforce our midfield next season though, probably just one would be enough, to replace Vieira. The obvious name is of course Marek Hamsik.

jayjay
06 Nov 09, 20:05
the next inter legend

Il Muro
06 Nov 09, 20:48
Xavi without good strikers and without a YayaToure or Senna behind, sucks. Lampard is much more complete player. He and Gerrard are btter than Xavi for me ;) they both have not the Xavi vision but defend better and score goals.

And you don't think Lampard needs Essien and Ballack/Mikel behind him? Gerrard needs Mascherano and Lucas behind him.

Neither Gerrard or Torres are any stronger defensively. They score more goals because they play closer to the goal.

J zanetti
06 Nov 09, 21:01
You guys compare him with a lot of players who plays now.
He is more like a former Inter player who played 20 years ago who was wearing the same number.
Lothar Mateus

hmmm... not exactly - I guess I’m one of the few lucky ones in here who managed to see Lothar live a few times and also follow his career including while with us. Lothar never had such quick feet as Sneijder. His vision wasn’t as good as Sneijder, neither were his set pieces. Just like Sneijder he did however have 2 great feet. He was more like a leader and tougher to break down. So all in all I wouldn’t say they are that similar. Touch wood our new guy can be a great # 10

Han – yes I too agree we should wait until summer in order to reinforce the midfield further especially seeing we will get rid of few excess players. However it is alarming to see how often average we perform as a team without Sneijder. And yepp, Hamsik wouldn’t be too bad ;)

Hammoudi
07 Nov 09, 01:17
However it is alarming to see how often average we perform as a team without Sneijder. And yepp, Hamsik wouldn’t be too bad ;)

Yes, alarming indeed, we seem to wholey depend on a player, and if he is absent or having an off-day, we struggle. I fear that this is turning into another Ibra phenomenon.

Also, Stan isn't his back-up, the two aren't comparable in quality. It's like saying Crespo was Ibra's back-up; yes, they might play the same role but the difference in characterstic is big.

crzdcolombian
07 Nov 09, 01:29
didnt we score 2 5 goal games without him?

I think it has alot to do with Sneijder but for me Super Mario is really stepping it up too

Michael
07 Nov 09, 08:35
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8819/tranquillicesneijder.jpg

SERIE A: The lucky charm for the Nerazzurri
8 victories and 2 draws in 10 matches for the Dutch. And three decisive goals.

When Real decide to unload them. They become excellent deals.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5580/cambiassovianel2004.jpg http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2526/cassanovianel2007.jpg http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/544/sneijdervianel2009.jpg

Cambiasso: Away in 2004. Arrived at Inter on a free transfer and has become the key player for the Inter midfield.
Cassano: Away in 2007. Sampdoria have yet paid for him but they will only have to pay real 5 million.
Sneijder: Away in 2009. Inter paid 15 million and he has been crucial this season.

Appiano Gentile - Let's say Sneijder's goal in Kiev was "co-produced" by the goalkeeper of Dynamo. Inter were fortunate. Yes, there was an error from Bogush, who slipped the ball to Milito. No one can deny it, it is so obvious. However, there was a fierce determination of a team that had just equalized three minutes before and instead of feeling satisfied. They kept going to find the match winner.

Tenacity So here is Muntari receiving the ball from Balotelli, coming down the flank and taking the shot at the goal despite having a while open man in Milito. So Milito was the first to react after the first save and it was once again rejected by the faulty Bogush, Sneijder, who was following the action like a hawk realized that he needed to act quickly and precisely because there was just a small area in the box. He then accelerated to prevent Bogush making his third contact with the ball. So according to you, was it luck or was it more because of the protagonists' merits to score a goal like that?

The injury To make his performance more special. Wesley Sneijder before this match was in the dark. In the sense that Mourinho was convinced to stop the player after the consultation with Dr. Franco Combi. The former Real Madrid playmaker had to stop after Inter-Catania on Saturday October 24. The match that he got his second goal in the Championship and then he had to exit the match after 29 minutes in the second half because of muscle strain. Combi's words on Monday, the 26th: "For Sneijder, this is a strain, this is an injury. Will he be available for Kiev? As always we will do our best, but a strain is a strain. We will look more closely in the coming days to see how it goes, but this is an important muscle."

The consultation To recover from a strain muscle the player must need somewhere between 3-4 weeks and there were 11 days between October 24th to November 4th. But the coach got the news from the doctors that he wanted to hear ("you can risk him"), the Portuguese coach decided to deploy a diamond. And Sneijder was on the field.

Luck and merit Sneijder is still unbeaten in the Nerazzurri shirt. He has played ten matches, eight wins (with three decisive goals) and two draws. But let's forget about the numbers. According to the ratings of the Gazzetta, Wesley Sneijder was the best player on the field for the last four matches before the injury. That is, let's going backward, Catania, Dynamo at San Siro, Genoa and Udinese (hit the back of the net at the 93rd...). He knows how to win with the feet, with the brain and with great character. Moratti was blessed in the summer to pay fifteen million to Real. Despite the twenty five on Quaresma...:D:D:D

Gano
07 Nov 09, 09:07
He will pay-off very soon even if we value just UCL games. We can get dividends from his performances directly. For instance, for a loss in UCL group stages you get nothing, for a draw - 400k euros, for a victory - 800k euros. Till 86th minute our pockets were empty. Then Milito's equaliser assisted by Wes and then his match winner. This guy brought us 800k euros within three or four minutes.

Besnik
07 Nov 09, 10:46
Nice work Michael. :)

szasza02
07 Nov 09, 13:37
the article doesn't mention Samuel and Figone as players real didn't need :D

lonewolf19
07 Nov 09, 13:56
Grande Wesley. Only 25 too!!!

FK and set pieces specialist, great attacking MF with vision, awesome passes... everything this Inter needs

Wesley Sneijder: My Aim Is To Win Trophies With Inter

Inter playmaker Wesley Sneijder is aiming high, hoping to win the Scudetto and Champions League with the Beneamata.

The Nerazzurri have not lost in any of the ten games in which he has played in, winning eight and drawing the other two. He has become the focal point in the team, and he is ready to carry them forward this term.

"I always try to give 100 per cent. They taught us that the squad comes first at Ajax and then the individual - that's their rule, but it's a winning one," Sneijder told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"My aim is to do well with Inter so we can win the Scudetto and Champions League."

The Dutch international is likely to feature against Roma in the big clash on Sunday night.

"I don't know all the teams, but I did play Roma when I was at Ajax a few years ago. Looking at their squad, it will be a difficult match for us," added the former Real Madrid man.

Sneijder left Spain to join Inter as Los Blancos overhauled their squad. However, the Dutchman feels that Florentino Perez's spending will not guarantee results.

"You can buy players, but you can't buy a team. Chelsea did the same thing a few years ago and they took time to gel, the same thing will happen to Real Madrid," concluded the ace.

Besnik
07 Nov 09, 16:29
Seriously this guy is making me proud of him. When Ibra leaved us I though it would be something as impossible to replace him, but seems we are better without Ibra now, we have a lot of class players now, there are Eto'o, Milito for his replacement, also Sneijder, Motta, Lucio were fantastic transfers.. I'm very proud of this.

Michael
13 Nov 09, 10:30
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4686/sneijermousuperinter.jpg

"Mou knows to transmit his passion. In football, he is like a father to me."

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1048/sneijderinterloveandthe.jpg

Sneijder: Inter, love, and the joy of winning

"Mou and I are identical. If we win it all, I will go to the Bahamas for a year."
The Dutchman has transformed the Nerazzurri: "Not Real, we are a super club." The secret is Mourinho: "A father. We seem like the same person."

Many people in Italy now say, "Inter depend on Sneijder."
"Oh yes? I don't know"

Pressure?
"Not at all. Also because we are winning and everything is fine. Why would I feel pressure?"

Van Basten knows your quality but he is surprised because you are quickly becoming the heart of Inter. Did you expect to be a key player in such a short time?
"Honestly, I don't know if I'm the key player for Inter and I don't think the team of Inter depends on just one player and it is not the best way to build success. It can not happen at Inter because we have many quality players. Inter are not a team with a bunch of individuals. It is a super group."

The group was built by Mourinho, it seems. Is it true that you have a special feeling with the coach?
"Yes, because of him that I understand this team so quickly."

Because the relationship is special?
"Because we could be the same person. He and I think the same way and behave the same way. Mourinho is a person who reacts to the emotions that can convey passion. He could be a father to me. Indeed, in football, he is like a father to me."

Is the Scudetto over?
"No, we have a good lead, but there are still many games to player. There will be Juve and Milan."

Inter-Juve is derby of Italy. Do you feel like it will rival Barcelona and Madrid?
"I dot' know. We haven't met Juve in the league. I played in the Milan derby and the atmosphere was fantastic, but I know little about Juve. Apart from that we are ahead by five points."

Diego?
"He is a quality player. He can create and score many goals. But I repeat, there is not only Juve. Milan are getting better from week to week and hopefully it will be better for my friend Huntelaar. I'm so sorry to see him on the bench. Klass-Jan is a great striker if he doesn't play it will be a big problem for the national team."

What is Milan lacking comparing to Madrid?
"Nothing. I never regret leaving Madrid. Inter are more of a club, a team, the people here are friendly and they help you solve small problems."

But what about life, the city, the Bernabue.
"Milan is all good, better than I expected. And when I say everything I mean everything: the teammates, the opponents, the atmosphere. And the city which I like very much."

So Serie A is not on a decline like people say
"No....I like to play in Italy. Each opponent is very tough to deal with."

Who is the best teammate?
I'm fine with everyone even though I don't speak Italian. Chivu acts as my interpreter. Sometimes Stankovic, but Chivu is my number on translator.

Can we ask you what you think of Balotelli?
Why?

Because he is criticized and you are in general keep the fair play
"He is a shy boy and in the field he reacts a bit too much. We know what sometimes he can play a bit crazy. But he is a huge talent. Balotelli is a future for Italian football, not only for Inter."

Sneijder, no limits for Holland in the World Cup and the position of Inter in the standings...
In the league we are looking good and I know how important the Champions League is to this club...so the Champions League, Scudetto and the World Cup. If I win everything I will stop playing. I will take a year of vacation at the Bahamas. And I think I will come back, right?"

Universe
13 Nov 09, 10:42
He better not be serious bout that Bahama shit.

sakana
13 Nov 09, 12:02
Thanks, Inter Forever -- I was hoping you'd post it.

Xoonky
13 Nov 09, 14:18
He better not be serious bout that Bahama shit.

Lol, it would be funny if it all happened though, hahahaha. I'd love to see what he would do then.

rsz85
13 Nov 09, 17:48
José said to him: Attention for Juve-dangers in the NT-match! :)

Nive work, José!

I hope they wont get injured him, we miss him very much.

maxw
13 Nov 09, 18:39
How come Stankovic can interpret for him, he shouldn't know Dutch or Spanish?
Chivu I can understand, he has played in Ajax.
But Stankovic? Maybe Deki is just a very nice guy :)

sakana
13 Nov 09, 19:09
How come Stankovic can interpret for him, he shouldn't know Dutch or Spanish?
Chivu I can understand, he has played in Ajax.
But Stankovic? Maybe Deki is just a very nice guy :)

He might have some English. There was an earlier article about Wes that said Deki was his first friend at Inter, so they must be able to communicate somehow ....

rsz85
13 Nov 09, 20:57
BREAKING NEWS:

He injured in NT camp, so his play tomorrow is doubtful.

I hope this missing comes only from the Mourinho-story to avoid injuries from dumb juventinos.

sakana
13 Nov 09, 21:02
BREAKING NEWS:

He injured in NT camp, so his play tomorrow is doubtful.

I hope this missing comes only from the Mourinho-story to avoid injuries from dumb juventinos.

Source?

ETA: Nevermind, here it is: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2F%3Faction%3Dre ad%26idnotizia%3D10489

Alex de Large
13 Nov 09, 22:23
I guess it's English, the 2 languages in the team must be 1-Italian 2-Spanish 3-English. Sneijder spanish isn't very good comparing to his english.

As a player i respect him 100%, but as a person, still not 100% because he wanted to stay at Madrid in the month July.

Alessandro
13 Nov 09, 22:46
Injured again... 3 times already this year.

Universe
13 Nov 09, 23:51
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Alex de Large
14 Nov 09, 01:19
Shit, now they say he could be out for Barcelona game.

lonewolf19
14 Nov 09, 01:21
OMFG. AGAIN??

The777
14 Nov 09, 01:33
An attempt to protect Sneijder, since it's a friendly game?

Suneet
14 Nov 09, 09:17
He is ok... Just bluffing again.

Handoyo
14 Nov 09, 11:50
This has gotta be a joke

J zanetti
14 Nov 09, 12:56
Fantastic!!! This guy makes chinito look good! :(

sakana
14 Nov 09, 15:20
He's fine, more or less: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2F%3Faction%3Dre ad%26idnotizia%3D10505

Nero Indigo
14 Nov 09, 17:24
Must be a joke. They've qualified - No need to risk his ass. But if it's true, I'll be winded.

rfU
14 Nov 09, 21:02
its such a joke that our whole game revolves around one injury prone player. January can't come soon enough.

Besnik
15 Nov 09, 11:42
Hopefully everything will be OK with him before match against Barca..

benajax
16 Nov 09, 06:19
he didn't have the right training when he came. he was injured and he was rushed back.
I understand inter in kiev but not the national team. Give the guy some rest

rockball
16 Nov 09, 14:12
Yes. The last time he went for the friendlies, they screwed him up.

nerazzurri4life
16 Nov 09, 14:42
its such a joke that our whole game revolves around one injury prone player. January can't come soon enough.

like how Real's game revolves around ronaldo?
or how barca's game is not the same without messi?
or how manU's game was revolved around ronaldo?
or how liverpool's game is rubbish without torres?
or how chelsea become subpar without drogba?

maxw
16 Nov 09, 15:14
But none of those players get injured as often as Sneijder seems to get injured, do they? :)

Suneet
16 Nov 09, 15:53
Mou makes everyone believe Sneijder is injured, including himself.

A.l.i
16 Nov 09, 18:32
Mou makes everyone believe Sneijder is injured, including himself.

God he's so good at it as well. :D

rfU
16 Nov 09, 19:10
like how Real's game revolves around ronaldo?
or how barca's game is not the same without messi?
or how manU's game was revolved around ronaldo?
or how liverpool's game is rubbish without torres?
or how chelsea become subpar without drogba?

which of the above is injury prone.

crzdcolombian
16 Nov 09, 20:23
which of the above is injury prone.

torres is injury prone and Kaka > Ronaldo

nerazzurri4life
16 Nov 09, 21:17
tell me which season messi has played without suffering some time off due to injury??
torres is injury prone.
drogba has had significant injuries in the each of the last 2 seasons

and kaka > ronaldo is debatable, but since ronaldo has been out, no one can argue that Real have looked rather 'different'..
not to mention, manU struggling for consistency, flair, creativity and goals without ronaldo..

minterke
16 Nov 09, 22:09
nerazzuri4life saves me alot of time and energy.

rfU
16 Nov 09, 22:49
torres is injury prone and Kaka > Ronaldo

theres a major difference between the aforementioned and Sneijder. Most forwards have injury problems, but they're not injured or spared week in week out like Sneijder is. You guys gotta be kidding me. It's like comparing Cambiasso with Totti just because Cambiasso was out for a good while last season and this season. Totti is injured like every week and Roma suffer for this. Cambiasso or Dorgba or out maybe a month and then they're back and injury free for maybe 2/3 months. We have injury worries with Sneijder every week. Kaka only had injury problems last season but before that he was for the most part available. Just look at the minutes and number of games played before comparing players.

benajax
17 Nov 09, 14:41
2003/04 Season Totals 32
2004/05 Season Totals 38
2005/06 Season Totals 23
2006/07 Season Totals 50
2007/08 Season Totals 35
2008/09 Season Totals 41
2009/10 Season Totals 14
These are the games he started in every competition including national team. He is not an injury prone player. It just we rush him every time. Looks like the dutch team don't know whats going on with him. It's the second time he get injured in friendlies. Give him some rest.
But on the other side we are very lucky to get him because the guy never says no when Mou ask him to play.

rfU
17 Nov 09, 18:33
2003/04 Season Totals 32
2004/05 Season Totals 38
2005/06 Season Totals 23
2006/07 Season Totals 50
2007/08 Season Totals 35
2008/09 Season Totals 41
2009/10 Season Totals 14
These are the games he started in every competition including national team. He is not an injury prone player. It just we rush him every time. Looks like the dutch team don't know whats going on with him. It's the second time he get injured in friendlies. Give him some rest.
But on the other side we are very lucky to get him because the guy never says no when Mou ask him to play.
Did he really play 41 games last season? Because I remember he was injured in preseason last year. Anyway I take it back, he's nowhere as bad as Aquilani and Michael Owen :lol: Still I would like to see his number of minutes played vs CR9 or Messi. Unlike other important players, he seems to have an injury problem every week, they're just not serious enough to keep out for weeks and months.

benajax
17 Nov 09, 19:02
Did he really play 41 games last season? Because I remember he was injured in preseason last year. Anyway I take it back, he's nowhere as bad as Aquilani and Michael Owen :lol: Still I would like to see his number of minutes played vs CR9 or Messi. Unlike other important players, he seems to have an injury problem every week, they're just not serious enough to keep out for weeks and months.

Yes he played 41 games games in all competitions.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=28235&cc=5901

DIN011
17 Nov 09, 23:24
Yes he played 41 games games in all competitions.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=28235&cc=5901

Nope.

http://inter.it/aas/squadra/player2?codgioc=G0856&L=en&STAG=2009/10

sakana
18 Nov 09, 00:07
Nope.

http://inter.it/aas/squadra/player2?codgioc=G0856&L=en&STAG=2009/10

Inter.it's list doesn't include all competitions.

vitomins
18 Nov 09, 13:31
Here is last year with Sneijder...

Total Games: 62
Total Games Played: 37
Total Games Missed Due To Injury: 11

Injured 03-Aug-08 to 01-Oct-08 -> damage ligament against Arsenal on pre season friendly - Out 9 Games

Injured 01-Dec-08 to 15-Dec-08 -> hamstring strain - Out 2 Games

So even though he missed 25 games, only 11 were due to injury...have you guys forgot how Real Madrid froze him out of the squad?? Also he only had 2 injuries last season, 1 major and 1 minor...to me injury prone players have more than 2 injuries a season...

Hell the year before that, he played 46 out of a possible 59 matches...the guy is not injury prone, we ahve just been unlucky...

Suneet
18 Nov 09, 16:58
He's not even fucking injured. Dont you guys get that? We were this unsure before Kiev and he played 90 mins.....

CafeCordoba
18 Nov 09, 18:04
He's not even fucking injured. Dont you guys get that? We were this unsure before Kiev and he played 90 mins.....

So does that imply he wasn't injured? No. He might had the injury but it got healed before the Dynamo match. If he isn't injured, he would have played against Italy and today against Paraguay.

Trance
18 Nov 09, 18:38
I also think he is not injured. Either mind-games or plain confusion. He will probably feature 90 mins against Barca.

CafeCordoba
18 Nov 09, 18:50
Yeah that's most likely. But I'm 100% sure Sneijder would have taken parti to these NT matches if he wasn't injured.

Nero Indigo
19 Nov 09, 07:26
I don't know about that CC, the upcoming champions league match is FUCKING IMPORTANT! I think he'd have the smarts to avoid playing in any unneccessary friendly matches in order not to aggravate or pick up another injury. IMO he's probably fit enough to play but a little confused, at least I hope so.

CafeCordoba
19 Nov 09, 11:33
I don't know about that CC, the upcoming champions league match is FUCKING IMPORTANT! I think he'd have the smarts to avoid playing in any unneccessary friendly matches in order not to aggravate or pick up another injury. IMO he's probably fit enough to play but a little confused, at least I hope so.

I'm pretty certain he can't lie to Holland's team doctor about some injury. Seriously, players don't lie about their status in such ways. Man Utd has done that with England NT but there the team's doctor has been involved, making up false statements or at least bending the truth a bit with the statements.

In this case Combi hasn't been involved, Inter didn't deny Sneijder to do or anything. And it's been widely reported Combi has been in contact with Holland NT's medical staff about Sneijder's injury. I seriously doubt this all is just some hoax. I mean what would be the purpose of this hoax? Holland NT coach could have just not call Sneijder if Inter had asked not to play him.

My point is, if it's a hoax, Holland NT medical staff/coach would be involved and it doesn't make any sense in this case.

highbreed32
19 Nov 09, 14:23
Maybe they were just cautious and let him rest...

VLE
20 Nov 09, 02:32
I'm pretty certain he can't lie to Holland's team doctor about some injury. Seriously, players don't lie about their status in such ways. Man Utd has done that with England NT but there the team's doctor has been involved, making up false statements or at least bending the truth a bit with the statements.

In this case Combi hasn't been involved, Inter didn't deny Sneijder to do or anything. And it's been widely reported Combi has been in contact with Holland NT's medical staff about Sneijder's injury. I seriously doubt this all is just some hoax. I mean what would be the purpose of this hoax? Holland NT coach could have just not call Sneijder if Inter had asked not to play him.

My point is, if it's a hoax, Holland NT medical staff/coach would be involved and it doesn't make any sense in this case.

Mourinho does have history of making players rest in NT with medical excuses. Most famous one is Mutu and Ballack, and these are only known because players hit back at Mourinho for not making them run at NT, and there could be more. I think both cases of Sneijder having an actual injury, or faking one is possible.

nzinter
20 Nov 09, 02:39
we need sneijder for barca gameeee please be back and sneijder is amazing but really injury prone so we should get a backup who is really good (I kinda want dominguez)

Fitzy
20 Nov 09, 04:09
Hoax or not, I'm sure he'll play. We do need a versatile backup for him in January though.

snowforum180
20 Nov 09, 05:32
I find it hilarious that it took us 3 years to finally get a proper AM. hopefully Coutinho turns out to be a Gem as well. Hopefully we produce more midfielders threw are youth system.

Kraits
20 Nov 09, 10:36
3 years???

To me its like 10 years...since baggio and djorkaef
The rest are less than impressive...

highbreed32
20 Nov 09, 14:33
And with all do respect, Wesley is more of a natural MC than trequartista. Not that he doesn't do his Inter role well but the fact is it's not his primary position...
So if we looked at it this way we just don't like buying attacking midfielders :)

Universe
22 Nov 09, 05:39
HAHAHA check out this ridiculously shit photo of Sneijder

http://www.wesleysneijder.nl/fotoalbum/albums/proshots/normal_FZ4_sneijder_face.jpg

http://www.wesleysneijder.nl/fotoalbum/albums/proshots/normal_FZ4_sneijder_face.jpg

What a dutch rapist

nerazzurri4life
22 Nov 09, 05:43
What a dutch rapist

priceless!!

hahahahaha

Besnik
22 Nov 09, 11:48

What a dutch rapist

:lol:

skeet
23 Nov 09, 02:22
missing friendlies hardly proves that sneijder is injured if it were qualifiers i would have believed it, like when we all thought he broke something in his ankle and holland played him after just 2-3 days

and i'm sure sneijder won't be too upset if he missed friendlies, he knows that winning titles with his club is much more important than a game everybody will forget in a week which he wont gain anything from

also, friendlies are good chances for coaches to try new formations especially a team like holland who only have 3-5 definite starters, so feigning injuries doesn't seem that far fetched if you ask me

CafeCordoba
23 Nov 09, 06:59
Stop that bullshit already. He was/is injured, period. They don't do such thing as feigning injuries. I mean who would be "they" and "who" would they feign? It's just not logical to feign injury at the point Sneijder went out.

It's actually ridiculous we are having this conversation. Those who claim he has actually feigned the injury should have the job to give the proof for that claim. Not other way around.

benajax
24 Nov 09, 06:57
Sneijder will play. it looks like he doesn't need training with the team. he played against Milan and Kiev and he was better than other mf. just playing his game is very good for inter. but we need another creative mf in january. Van der vaart. he will be cheep and young.

sakana
24 Nov 09, 18:54
Sneijder will play. it looks like he doesn't need training with the team. he played against Milan and Kiev and he was better than other mf. just playing his game is very good for inter. but we need another creative mf in january. Van der vaart. he will be cheep and young.

Or not.

Inter: 12 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 26 Chivu; 4 Zanetti, 19 Cambiasso, 8 Thiago Motta; 5 Stankovic; 22 Milito, 9 Eto'o;

A disposizione: 1 Toldo, 2 Cordoba, 7 Quaresma, 11 Muntari, 14 Vieira, 23 Materazzi, 45 Balotelli;

M.Adnan
25 Nov 09, 03:19
I don't get this shit.

Any brainless retard can see how much difference adding one midfielder who can actually pass the ball made to this team (Sneijder).

Umm ok, so why stop? why stop at one player? why don't you add more players like this if you already know for sure that it WILL make a huge difference?

Add a midfielder who can attack -> good!
Add more brainless midfielders who are only good at getting yellow and red cards -> NOT good!

Npw please don't start with the bullshit "hey you can't have 4 attacking midfielders on the pitch". No I didn't mean that. I meant get something more balanced for other midfield roles. A bit less attacking and a bit more defensive. Not waaaaay less attacking and waaaaay more defensive like what we currently have.

K.I.
25 Nov 09, 03:27
Thats why Muntari, Quaresma and Mancini need to go. We dont play with wingers so these 2 are useless and Muntari is the same as Cambiasso, Javier etc..Cambiasso-Stankovic-Motta-Senijder should be our midfield and if one of them is injured then we should add another midfielder like Hamsik, Galoppa etc.. and not put Muntari or not put Zanetti in midfield when we also dont have Sneijder, i mean not only dont we have a proper AM but Stankovic ends up playing as our AM but doesnt do any AM work and Zanetti goes into stankovic's place and does nothing but defend and try to retrieve the ball to pass to the other player who cant do anything with it...

Efrain21C
25 Nov 09, 04:23
Thats why Muntari, Quaresma and Mancini need to go. We dont play with wingers so these 2 are useless and Muntari is the same as Cambiasso, Javier etc..Cambiasso-Stankovic-Motta-Senijder should be our midfield and if one of them is injured then we should add another midfielder like Hamsik, Galoppa etc.. and not put Muntari or not put Zanetti in midfield when we also dont have Sneijder, i mean not only dont we have a proper AM but Stankovic ends up playing as our AM but doesnt do any AM work and Zanetti goes into stankovic's place and does nothing but defend and try to retrieve the ball to pass to the other player who cant do anything with it...

We SHOULD have wingers for other solutions, you can't just go into the middle, not every team will break out like that... and you can't have maicon doing all the wing job, he should be a supporter player, not the only attacking player on the flanks... I would say the same about Chivu, but when he goes up is like one time a game... and gives crappy crossings...

K.I.
25 Nov 09, 04:28
The fact that we SHOULD is something and the fact that the 2 we have actually do something usefull is something else, i would keep Quaresma then but Jose i am not sure how he is handeling this, Serie A he gives mancini chances, CL he gives quaresma the bench and half a chance, neither will do well like this.

Efrain21C
25 Nov 09, 04:32
The fact that we SHOULD is something and the fact that the 2 we have actually do something usefull is something else, i would keep Quaresma then but Jose i am not sure how he is handeling this, Serie A he gives mancini chances, CL he gives quaresma the bench and half a chance, neither will do well like this.

well at least they are starting to get some minutes, that's the best way to recover their confidence...

I can't beleive I'll say this, but we missed too much Sneijder today

benajax
25 Nov 09, 15:08
Attacking mf and defending mf. This is bullshit.
There are mf who runs, pass, look for open spaces go after the ball.
That was Barcas midfield yesterday. They lost the ball and there was 4 Barcas Players looking for the ball to get it back. They play as a team every moment.
Inter midfield did nothing. Nobody wanted the ball.
Thats why Sneijder looks so good. He always wants the ball and looking for open spaces.
Inter midfield is good for Seria A. In ChL you need different aproach.

alvaro
25 Nov 09, 17:19
I don't know the reason why he didnt start (either not just fit or jose didnt wan't to take risks) but it's good he didn't risk himself ahead of big and important Serie A games against Viola and j uve.

spiderninja
25 Nov 09, 17:50
It's better not to risk him play against Barca because chasing a win against Kazan is much more realistic than winning in Camp Nou.

If he plays yesterday, there's still no guarantee Inter could beat Barca at their home, and maybe he could be injured again for 2 months and miss Kazan match. Without Sneijder, there is a good chance that Kazan will hold Inter to a draw.

jayjay
25 Nov 09, 23:38

What a dutch rapist

that face says

"i just killed your next door neighbours mum"

Big Willy
25 Nov 09, 23:54

What a dutch rapist
:lol::lol:

"What are you looking at?"

benajax
26 Nov 09, 07:15
:lol::lol:

"What are you looking at?"

he is looking at inter
Something wrong here

CafeCordoba
26 Nov 09, 11:02
FCInternews speculates Sneijder might miss also Fiorentina match. I think this is pure speculation still as the team have hardly trained yet after the match. Hopefully Wes is fine and 100% ready to go.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2F%3Faction%3Dre ad%26idnotizia%3D10922&sl=it&tl=en

Besnik
26 Nov 09, 12:03
FCInternews speculates Sneijder might miss also Fiorentina match. I think this is pure speculation still as the team have hardly trained yet after the match. Hopefully Wes is fine and 100% ready to go.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2F%3Faction%3Dre ad%26idnotizia%3D10922&sl=it&tl=en

At least, I hope he will be ready for the match against juBe, even he don't play against Viola it's not any big problem but I really don't want to miss him against juBe, we will need him very much in that match, absolutely our most important player for now..

Handoyo
26 Nov 09, 16:43
Any brainless retard can see how much difference adding one midfielder who can actually pass the ball made to this team (Sneijder).

Umm ok, so why stop? why stop at one player? why don't you add more players like this if you already know for sure that it WILL make a huge difference?

Add a midfielder who can attack -> good!
Add more brainless midfielders who are only good at getting yellow and red cards -> NOT good!

Npw please don't start with the bullshit "hey you can't have 4 attacking midfielders on the pitch". No I didn't mean that. I meant get something more balanced for other midfield roles. A bit less attacking and a bit more defensive. Not waaaaay less attacking and waaaaay more defensive like what we currently have.
Cafe has said this elsewhere in the forum: We can't do too many changes in one season to our team just to accommodate our CL desire; it will jeopardize our Serie A dynasty.

I think we're fine this way. In football, I think we should not be too risky and take also a slightly conservative route. Regardless whether you think Motta is the wrong player or not, at least Mourinho & the management realized that the problem lies in the middle and they have brought in reinforcements for that area. I'm pretty sure (hopeful) that the midfield revolution will continue next summer.

rfU
26 Nov 09, 18:06
Regardless whether you think Motta is the wrong player or not, at least Mourinho & the management realized that the problem lies in the middle and they have brought in reinforcements for that area. I'm pretty sure (hopeful) that the midfield revolution will continue next summer.At least??? we've had problems in the middle for several seasons, but the management is only just waking up. If Moratti thought more long-term instead of "quick fix" we wouldn't be in this horrible mess.

highbreed32
26 Nov 09, 18:26
I'm not sure Moratti really thinx anything through - he is quite impulsive. Fortunately not as impulsive as he used to be but still, a president should not be making sporting decisions: that's why everybody pays other people to do it!

CafeCordoba
27 Nov 09, 06:19
The problem is we are basing our game on Cambiasso still. We can't develop our playing system since Cuchu is the heart and soul of it. You want to change the system, change Cambiasso. Simple as that.

Another thing is, can we do it. Or how can we do the change. I'd be okay with the change if it happened as fast as possible (meaning next summer, not January). I don't mind losing the overpower in Serie A, if it means we can start developing the new system. We could still be a force, not as powerful as now, but still a force.

Efrain21C
27 Nov 09, 12:24
Sneijder likely to miss Fiorentina
Friday 27 November, 2009
Inter's confidence has taken yet another blow as Wesley Sneijder, the Dutch midfielder, who has fast become talismanic at San Siro, is still injured.

The 25-year-old, who plays in the whole behind the strikers, started having problems with his thigh while on international duty with Holland earlier this month and missed the weekend's game against Bologna and Tuesday's disastrous trip to Barcelona.

Pundits feel Sneijder has become indispensable to Inter since joining the club from Real Madrid in the summer, not only because he has scored three important goals for the Nerazzurri, but also because he brings a creative spark to the starting XI.

Jose Mourinho thought Sneijder would be fit to play at the Camp Nou, but seeing as he only took part in the final training session, the Special One thought better of risking him.

Sadly, though, Sneijder has improved little since then and was still sat in the treatment room rather than training with the first team yesterday. Given his importance to the side, Mourinho is now taking a line of maximum prudence with him, so when Sneijder does come back he won't relapse immediately.

La Gazzetta dello Sport understands Inter are now working on the basis that Sneijder will play a bit part role against Juventus on December 5 and then the full game against Rubin Kazan four days after, which is crucial to their hopes of qualifying for the next round of the Champions League.

That means Inter will be without Sneijder for this weekend's clash with Fiorentina, who are the only side from Italy to have already gone through to the latter stages of the Champions League thanks to a 1-0 win over Lyon earlier this week.

Dejan Stankovic is expected to once again play behind the strikers on Sunday, while Patrick Vieira could start from the beginning, as Esteban Cambiasso appears ready for a rest.

Besnik
27 Nov 09, 15:30
Sneijder can be out and for match against juBe..
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=sq&ie=UTF-8&sl=it&tl=en&u=http://www.fcinternews.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D10961&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhfIzjMFNIU6ZPF0kMi6sNa6B1zug

Hopefully he will be ready for that match, because without him our midfield is really poor..

highbreed32
27 Nov 09, 16:16
Why aren't there any reports of what's wrong with him? That's so frustrating!

:frustrated:

jayjay
27 Nov 09, 17:27

What a dutch rapist

with a murder scene in the background this would suit the pic

fucking hell when is he coming back

rfU
27 Nov 09, 21:01
The problem is we are basing our game on Cambiasso still. We can't develop our playing system since Cuchu is the heart and soul of it. You want to change the system, change Cambiasso. Simple as that.

I don't think dropping Cambiasso is the best solution. For example he's better defensively than Stanko is offensively (Stanko only offers us hard running and long distance shots, his passing, although well paced, is quite wayward). IMO we should get Cambiasso a more suitable partner in midfield, someone both physical and technically sound, with a good short and long passing range. Perhaps Palombo or D'Ago but neither offers much off the ball movement. Inler could work but he's a bit hot and cold for me. A Melo with good passing and 1st touch would be great. An Aquilani-type player would be ideal, perhaps even Anderson (Man U). I'm quite keen to say more of Krhin as I think over time he could fit the bill quite nicely.

Besnik
28 Nov 09, 09:19
Sneijder still doubts, not sure when he'll be back..
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=sq&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2F&sl=it&tl=en

Xoonky
28 Nov 09, 16:22
He confirmed he will certainly miss the Fiorentina match, and has no idea when he'll be back.

A.l.i
28 Nov 09, 18:05
Wtf is this? So injury prone.

Trance
29 Nov 09, 14:16
ffs a backup to him is needed BADLY. Wake he fuck up Moratti.

ps. Muntari ure a selfish moron, PASSSS :":"£E$R"£:TR$%

achilles
30 Nov 09, 18:26
We need a back up for Sneijder either way. If his injured we need someone who can be a 90% effective replacement. And when he is not injured, the other player could play AM and Sneijder could slot into midfield.

Any other kids formerly from Ajax we can pick up? Everyone says VDV has a poor attitude. I never really heard that about him while he was with Hamburg, so what happened? I think he requested to be transferred, though, after the likes of Real showed interest.

Any way, if Ricky can turn himself around, I have hope for someone like Rafael. Is there a more technical player in the world who is available for $10 million, or less?

Stefan
30 Nov 09, 22:36
You guys can throw this backup acm around as much as you like, we won't be buying one this january. Moratti and the club rates coutinho very highly and will be keeping that spot open for when he arrives in june 2010.

Alex de Large
01 Dec 09, 00:00
both coutinho and another midfielder are needed.

----------cambiasso/zanetti------
---hamsik/deki---sneijder/deki----
---------coutinho/sneijder-------

muntari or motta should go or be happy to be the 3th choice in the dm position.

rfU
01 Dec 09, 00:59
You guys can throw this backup acm around as much as you like, we won't be buying one this january. Moratti and the club rates coutinho very highly and will be keeping that spot open for when he arrives in june 2010.

spot as back up to Sneijder you mean? Still a gamble for me. This guy has next to no experience in the top flight, even compared with Kaka and Pato before they joined AC. I'd rather loan him out a season like we did Maxwell and Julio Cesar. After all, Inter isn't a club for youngsters. And besides, I lost faith in Moratti and co's judgment a long time ago. I'm skeptic about anything Morattis has to say.

Hasan
01 Dec 09, 06:18
Mo wants to be sure that he will be fit for Rubin, most important game in this season so far.

Stefan
01 Dec 09, 07:58
spot as back up to Sneijder you mean? Still a gamble for me. This guy has next to no experience in the top flight, even compared with Kaka and Pato before they joined AC. I'd rather loan him out a season like we did Maxwell and Julio Cesar. After all, Inter isn't a club for youngsters. And besides, I lost faith in Moratti and co's judgment a long time ago. I'm skeptic about anything Morattis has to say.

Maxwell and J.Cesar were loaned out because we didn't have no eu spots. Totally different situation here. Yeah it is a big gamble but that's what the management is going to do imho. With viera going they might add a two midfielder as well but the genuine acm will be coutinho.

CafeCordoba
01 Dec 09, 10:21
18-year-old Coutinho hardly makes it to the team. If he makes it, he will be like Krhin, barely getting playing time. Mourinho won't count on 18-year-old kid who has hardly played with men. 100% Coutinho won't be a backup for Sneijder.

Better solution would be to build a system where one player or position is not that important. That 1-2 players' skills are not that important for the team play, but rather the team play itself is the most important thing.

highbreed32
01 Dec 09, 11:36
both coutinho and another midfielder are needed.

----------cambiasso/zanetti------
---hamsik/deki---sneijder/deki----
---------coutinho/sneijder-------

muntari or motta should go or be happy to be the 3th choice in the dm position.

Or maybe:

--------------deki---------------
---hamsik----------sneijder------
------------coutinho------------

Now this would be a killer midfield, provided Coutinho shows his worth like we all expect him to.

CafeCordoba
01 Dec 09, 12:05
We all? In what time frame? I don't expect Coutinho to be anything else than a pure sub at best, like Krhin. If he can gather enough strength in his first year, he might become a player who will actually play.

Stefan
01 Dec 09, 12:58
We all? In what time frame? I don't expect Coutinho to be anything else than a pure sub at best, like Krhin. If he can gather enough strength in his first year, he might become a player who will actually play.

Krhin has more competition in his position. You may be right and the same happens to coutinho but he may get chances like mario and santon. We won't know till next summer. But my feeling is they will use him a bit more than krhin.

thorn
05 Dec 09, 17:14
Wtf is this? So injury prone.

yeah..this is a problem with many dutch players now..dunno whats wrong.hope he will be back against rubin

Besnik
06 Dec 09, 20:21
Sneijder may recover for wednesday (against Rubin Kazan)

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=sq&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2F&sl=it&tl=en

Choppin Onions
06 Dec 09, 22:55
We need him. That is all.

lonewolf19
07 Dec 09, 00:38
He better recovers... we badly need him in our midfield.

Michael
07 Dec 09, 03:33
With Sneijder (11 games) - Without (9 games)
Victories: 8-4
Draws: 3-1
Losses: 0-3
Goals scored: 25-13
Point average: 2.45-1.63
Goal average: 2.27-1.62

Appiano Gentile - We are now thinking of Wednesday evening. Winning football matches is much easier when you play well, and when you play with Wesley Sneijder. With him, Inter play better, score more goals and have more points. It is much harder to lose the rout or miscalculated the time and balance, when he is there. The problem is that so far the Dutch has been missing 8 out of the last 19 games. So that, thinking in January, Inter will have to look for his natural substitution. Stankovic did the job, but he can raise the level of Inter and plays the best at his true role. But that is another story.

What we miss The detail is in the number. With Sneijder, Inter have won eight games and drew three (points average 2.45). Without Sneijder, they've won four games, drew one and lost three times (average 1.63 points). The goals have also dropped. If there is the Dutch, Inter with a 2.27 goals per game (25 goals in 11 games), otherwise it drops to 1.62 per game (13 in 8 games, two of them ended without scoring).

The test yesterday morning Mourinho, yesterday morning, didn't need to read these figures to take pleasure in what was seen in the last workout, which Sneijder participated with the team. The problem at the femoral muscle is nearing the final resolution and also the raction to yesterday's test was good, so the Dutch can be considered recovered and available for Wednesday night against Rubin Kazan..

mournickio
07 Dec 09, 08:01
Thats is the best news we had recently.Thank God that Sneijder is back,without him another humiliation would have been possible with stankovic as an AM.

rsz85
07 Dec 09, 09:16
We need another Sneijder-calibre player in midfield. It's a must. The sooner the better.

CafeCordoba
07 Dec 09, 10:25
Those figures are pretty huge.

Besnik
07 Dec 09, 12:05
With Sneijder our match will be different, and very better.. We missed him very much against Viola and against juBe especially.. we should be perfect against Rubin Kazan and hopefully Sneijder will be in top form, his contribution to the team is great, and we all appreciate it!

He can solve our problems against Rubin Kazan, and I would like to see us in advantage before ending first half.. Seeing Sneijder to score one goal from free-kick will be awesome :P

Forza Sneijder!!

Handoyo
07 Dec 09, 14:01
Holy crap, I never realized the difference would be so stark. If anyone (vito) can do produce us the same stats except with Zlatan. :P

M.Adnan
07 Dec 09, 15:47
This tells you how much difference adding an attacking player into this midfield can make. If this isn't enough to wake up whoever is responsible for this farce (whoever is insisting to buy more Muntaris and Mottas every summer) then I don't know what else it takes to change these ridiculous kind of transfers.

Xoonky
07 Dec 09, 16:08
Unbelievable. Wake up Oriali, Mourinho, Moratti and everyone out there.

Rimpel
07 Dec 09, 16:31
This tells you how much difference adding an attacking player into this midfield can make. If this isn't enough to wake up whoever is responsible for this farce (whoever is insisting to buy more Muntaris and Mottas every summer) then I don't know what else it takes to change these ridiculous kind of transfers.

100 % true

maxw
07 Dec 09, 17:22
If this isn't enough to wake up whoever is responsible for this farce (whoever is insisting to buy more Muntaris and Mottas every summer) then I don't know what else it takes to change these ridiculous kind of transfers.

This made me laugh because it's so tragic and true :)

FCBarca
07 Dec 09, 17:51
Sneijder may recover for wednesday (against Rubin Kazan)

Will be huge if he can be available, no doubt...Shame that Hleb never came through for Inter either...I think he would've really helped, as well

Campione
07 Dec 09, 18:19
Damn, we sold Ibrahimovic with the thought that we aren't going anymore to depend so much on one single person but what happened? :D

Alex de Large
07 Dec 09, 18:27
I don't think Hleb is good enough, he is similar to Amantino Mancini but worst scorer.

M.Adnan
07 Dec 09, 18:59
Damn, we sold Ibrahimovic with the thought that we aren't going anymore to depend so much on one single person but what happened? :D

It makes sense actually.

We got rid of one creative player, and replaced him with only one other creative player.

It's like you have a company with 10 dumb employees and 1 creative employee who does all the imaginative work; the rest of the dumb employees just follow whatever he does like sheep. Everything is so depended on this one employee, so if he's sick for few days then all the work in the company just stops. This creative employee resigns, so what do you do? you take advantage of that and use his big salary cap to sign multiple creative employees (even if to a lesser degree) to solve your previous problems, right?

Well no, not in Inter's case. They just replaced him with another one.

Sneijder might be less creative than Ibrahimovic, but the reason why we're still just as much dependable on him is because Sneijder now occupies a more important role than Ibra (Sneijder is now our direct playmaker instead of the creative striker in Zlatan). That what made Sneijder's contribution to Inter's attacking game just as much as Zlatan's, which is sad because Zlatan doesn't get injuried as much as Sneijder. We're even worse than last season.

vitomins
07 Dec 09, 18:59
Holy crap, I never realized the difference would be so stark. If anyone (vito) can do produce us the same stats except with Zlatan. :P

Ohhh how I love a challenge!

achilles
08 Dec 09, 00:47
Well, who do you guys think is good enough? Obviously Pandev will come, and he brings creativity, but I think he will play as a left winger or striker, when Eto'o is off.

I have heard people hate on Van Der Vaart repeatedly, even though the ONLY reason not to get him was because he and Zlatan did not get along. Rafael and Wesley get along great. We really just need Rafael for those games Sneijder is resting or injured (so apparently 8 OUT OF 19 GAMES, holy shit!)

Gasparroni
08 Dec 09, 13:40
Sneijder gave a press conference with Mourinho. Mourinho nearly said anything, but Sneijder said that he will play tomorrow. Finally!

Handoyo
08 Dec 09, 14:09
I'd seriously rather we get knocked out of the CL than Sneijder damaging his knee ligament and out for the season or something because we forced his comeback.

Besnik
08 Dec 09, 17:04
I'd seriously rather we get knocked out of the CL than Sneijder damaging his knee ligament and out for the season or something because we forced his comeback.

Since we losed the match against juBe, nothing is more important than win against Rubin Kazan, now Sneijder will play for us, and I don't care if he is not 100% ready or is, we missed him a lot and now it's time to crush everything.. I'm pretty sure that will be easy win with Wesley Sneijder!!

I see our strikers are trying to much for the team, but they cannot do more because of the midfielders, we don't have that midfielders who can make a good passes to strikers so they score goals, but finally sneijder will play against Rubin Kazan, and he can contribute to the team, more of another midfielders.

vitomins
08 Dec 09, 17:32
Since we losed the match against juBe, nothing is more important than win against Rubin Kazan, now Sneijder will play for us, and I don't care if he is not 100% ready or is, we missed him a lot and now it's time to crush everything.. I'm pretty sure that will be easy win with Wesley Sneijder!!

I see our strikers are trying to much for the team, but they cannot do more because of the midfielders, we don't have that midfielders who can make a good passes to strikers so they score goals, but finally sneijder will play against Rubin Kazan, and he can contribute to the team, more of another midfielders.

So you want to win against Rubin even if it means Sniejder gets hurt in the process?

rockball
08 Dec 09, 19:27
Yes. We are done with all top teams in Serie A. So we should be able to manage without him for a month or so.

Xoonky
08 Dec 09, 20:33
No VDV, i don't want another dutch player, Sneijder is a gem, but if we get another attack minded creative midfielder, i would really want him to be less injury prone.

vitomins
08 Dec 09, 21:07
Yes. We are done with all top teams in Serie A. So we should be able to manage without him for a month or so.

We SHOULD have beaten Kazan and Kiev and already secured a spot in CL....what we SHOULD do and what we actually do can sometimes be very different.

snake
08 Dec 09, 22:49
Technically, we should have lost at home against Barca. We should have never of got that lucky point in Kazan and we should never have done that miraculous comeback in Kiev. Better vito?

Rimpel
08 Dec 09, 23:01
we need him badly tomorrow

benajax
09 Dec 09, 06:40
No VDV, i don't want another dutch player, Sneijder is a gem, but if we get another attack minded creative midfielder, i would really want him to be less injury prone.

I really don't mind if Sneijder doesn't play any game this year. He is not Maradona, he is a very very good midfielder. The problem is that he made clear all the problems we have in midfield. What kind of midfielders we have and what we need.

benajax
09 Dec 09, 06:41
I really don't mind if Sneijder doesn't play any game this year. He is not Maradona, he is a very very good midfielder. The problem is that he made clear all the problems we have in midfield. What kind of midfielders we have and what we need.

By the way I want him to play every game. But i wanted to make a point.

Besnik
09 Dec 09, 13:45
So you want to win against Rubin even if it means Sniejder gets hurt in the process?

Yeah,

We bought him to change anything in our midfield, why do we need him anymore when we knocked out of CL?? :|

K.I.
09 Dec 09, 14:35
Why are people talking about him getting injured? He is back and we only need him in important games (like today's) so hopefully he will stay fit and in Serie A and in the Coppa he will get to rest in the unimportant games.

Xoonky
09 Dec 09, 16:38
Why are people talking about him getting injured? He is back and we only need him in important games (like today's) so hopefully he will stay fit and in Serie A and in the Coppa he will get to rest in the unimportant games.

"Hopefully."

vitomins
09 Dec 09, 17:54
Technically, we should have lost at home against Barca. We should have never of got that lucky point in Kazan and we should never have done that miraculous comeback in Kiev. Better vito?

Not really. You are saying what SHOULD have happened based on hindsight, after the games were played.

He is saying that we should be able to beat the rest of the Serie A teams for the next couple months, based on how the teams look on paper.

Therefore, on paper, we SHOULD have beaten Kazan and Kiev twice...

What I am getting at is, no one can predict the future...

vitomins
09 Dec 09, 18:00
Yeah,

We bought him to change anything in our midfield, why do we need him anymore when we knocked out of CL?? :|

Well if you are satisified with losing to Juve, then knock yourself out, but I feel we need him in the Serie A also.

You may consider the Serie A is in the bag already, but it is far from over...

crzdcolombian
09 Dec 09, 18:15
Well if you are satisified with losing to Juve, then knock yourself out, but I feel we need him in the Serie A also.

I prefer winning the champions league or coming up in 2nd place to winning the italian league.... we get more respect with that

Italy is seen as no wear near the spanish or EPL because how badly all the teams do other than AC Milan, and Inter is prob the worst preformer even tho we are champs. WE need to change that image

Besnik
09 Dec 09, 19:05

vito, wtf you are talking about.. We need him now more of always, and I said that I would not sacrifice this match against Rubin Kazan even if he injuries for long time, so why the hell do we need him if we knock out of CL?? I'm sure that we would win Scudetto even without him, but when it's for CL then he is more of needed,

CafeCordoba
09 Dec 09, 19:12
vito, wtf you are talking about.. We need him now more of always, and I said that I would not sacrifice this match against Rubin Kazan even if he injuries for long time, so why the hell do we need him if we knock out of CL?? I'm sure that we would win Scudetto even without him, but when it's for CL then he is more of needed,

Wouldn't be so sure about that.

Xoonky
09 Dec 09, 19:35
He's starting the Rubin match. Give us the CL knock-outs, Wesley!

vitomins
09 Dec 09, 19:40

What the fuck am I talking about?? You really are delirious if you are 100% sure we can win the Scudetto without Sneijder...

Out of 15 matches we have 2 draws and 2 losses correct?

1-1 with Bari = No Sneijder
0-1 with Sampdoria = No Sneijder
1-1 with Roma = Losing 1-0 until Sneijder was introduced and then we scored
1-2 with Juve = No Sneijder

Now let's see what happens when he is in:

4-0 with Milan = All 4 goals with Sneijder on the pitch
2-0 with Parma = On the pitch for the first goal
2-1 with Cagliari = Played entire match
3-1 with Napoli = On the pitch for all 3 goals, assisting 1
2-1 with Udinese = Played entire match, scoring the stoppage time winner
5-0 with Genoa = On the pitch for all 5 goals, assisting 2
2-1 with Catania = On the pitch for both goals, scoring 1
1-1 with Roma = Came on with the game 0-1, and we scored to tie

I don't understand how you cannot see that Sneijder has been the main reason why we are leading the Serie A right now...

Besnik
09 Dec 09, 19:44
What the fuck am I talking about?? You really are delirious if you are 100% sure we can win the Scudetto without Sneijder...

Out of 15 matches we have 2 draws and 2 losses correct?

1-1 with Bari = No Sneijder
0-1 with Sampdoria = No Sneijder
1-1 with Roma = Losing 1-0 until Sneijder was introduced and then we scored
1-2 with Juve = No Sneijder

Now let's see what happens when he is in:

4-0 with Milan = All 4 goals with Sneijder on the pitch
2-0 with Parma = On the pitch for the first goal
2-1 with Cagliari = Played entire match
3-1 with Napoli = On the pitch for all 3 goals, assisting 1
2-1 with Udinese = Played entire match, scoring the stoppage time winner
5-0 with Genoa = On the pitch for all 5 goals, assisting 2
2-1 with Catania = On the pitch for both goals, scoring 1
1-1 with Roma = Came on with the game 0-1, and we scored to tie

I don't understand how you cannot see that Sneijder has been the main reason why we are leading the Serie A right now...

Well,

Hopefully his injury won't repeat again, and I don't want to see him injuried for long time, but to be honest CL is my first priority, and it's nice to see us qualifying to semi final or dream moment FINAL..

M.Adnan
09 Dec 09, 23:22
Once again Sneijder played and the team had a big game.

Coincidence?

skeet
09 Dec 09, 23:36
i didn't think he had a particularly spectacular game but it would be silly to think he doesn't make a massive difference when he's on the pitch regardless of performance

maybe it's sneijder or maybe it's just having someone who isn't afraid to go for the tough pass, but personally a don't care as long as we keep winning

sakana
10 Dec 09, 03:13
he was poor for the first hour, imo, but once he found his legs he was very good.

Fitzy
10 Dec 09, 05:21
he was poor for the first hour, imo, but once he found his legs he was very good.

I agree. He was fantastic in the second half.

junior55
10 Dec 09, 07:43

NO he wasn't poor . He did a great work on the pressure gaining many balls and most of the actions were created because of his work but he missed in his usual clinical pass giving them a little too difficult for the strikers to catch.

CafeCordoba
10 Dec 09, 07:57
Sneijder moves so incredibly much compared to the rest of our midfield it's just immense. But he can be taken out of the game against tougher opponents. Now he's the one and only reference point in our game. He wasn't at his best yesterday but the work he did was still huge (running).

Choppin Onions
10 Dec 09, 08:27
Sneijder wasn't great but considering he just came back from injury, I'll take a very solid performance from him. Our midfield as a whole is just so much better when he's around. I hope Moratti and the rest are watching. We need more of these kinds of players. Players that can put pressure on defense with their technique, passing and quickness.