PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Sneijder

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

LyNX
07 Feb 12, 18:59
in real madrid, he was great in the 1st season, crap in the 2nd, same thing is happening to him at inter

anyways, why would man united give 30 million for sneijder who is 28, increasingly injury prone and extremly high wages when for the same amount they can get players like eden hazard, lucas moura, ganso etc

Is that an actual question???

Sneijder is exciting to watch and has quality and more importantly has proven it at the top levels. He is full of creativity and flair and is a long ball threat.

jamaican_inter_fan
07 Feb 12, 19:22
Gentlemen calm done please, remember he was injured for 2 months and just came back from the injury. Why are we so quick to crucify our players, when its mostly the management that has failed in strengthening our squad on the field? Selling our best players for dimes and no adequate reinforcements, yeah I'm so excited about where we're going as a top club(sarcasm).

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Scottish_one
07 Feb 12, 19:44
in real madrid, he was great in the 1st season, crap in the 2nd, same thing is happening to him at inter

anyways, why would man united give 30 million for sneijder who is 28, increasingly injury prone and extremly high wages when for the same amount they can get players like eden hazard, lucas moura, ganso etc
if i was a man u fan id prefer wes over any one of the 3 you metion as i would at inter. they are all unproven talents from weaker leagues. im not saying they wont be one day better than wes but its a massive risk and theres no way lucas will come into a team at 19 and win trophys like wes might. wes is by far our best player, if he goes to man u then IMO he will be there best player, if he goes Anzhi then other than etoo he will be theirs. perhaps at barca/real/city money like that can be spent on players who 'might' develop into superstars because if they dont there is still enough quality in the team to win things.

snake
07 Feb 12, 21:21
I'm still hoping we can persuade Man City to fight their rivals for his signature.

Kind of how we trolled Milan with Tevez. Why let United get him easily? City should know how important he can be for them, they should fight United.

Win/win for us.

Hasan
08 Feb 12, 04:49
Win/win for us.

Maybe from financial point of view is a win for us and that's it. Football World have never been emptier with a visionary players, players who can dictate tempo, turn a game around. Who can replace him? Guarin, Poli, Isla ... are great players, I really like all of them but they are born to be support, to help players like Sneijder to lead a team.

Remember Stankovic? He was a bomb in a middle when he came here, great player, similar type to Guarin or Poli but we never managed to be competitive in Europe without real playmaker.

One of the biggest clubs in the world, pull out their 38 yrs old legendary playmaker from a retairement because they couldn't find proper replacment.

And if Inter wanna be big club we will try to sign someone similar to Sneijder that we can be even more creative and unpredictable.

Toninu
08 Feb 12, 10:43
You can't really find another Sneijder, however if his money helps us bring in some younger players who can contribute to the team which could build a squad that could win with sustainability (without the club getting in debt) then yes, we should consider it.

nerazzurri4life
08 Feb 12, 12:26
You can't really find another Sneijder, however if his money helps us bring in some younger players who can contribute to the team which could build a squad that could win with sustainability (without the club getting in debt) then yes, we should consider it.

We've sold balotelli, eto'o and santon for approx. 50mil. In 4 mercatos, where's the evidence?
:lol:

If you want to have a bunch of young kids running around without high level quality, be my guest. We won't be winning shit I can guarantee. You want to win at the highest level, you need world class quality.

Toninu
08 Feb 12, 12:36
Who said we didn't need world class quality? We can't afford those players so instead the club is looking for players with great potential. We can't keep paying the mega bucks on wages so we need to build a new squad and the right way to do that is with kids, we're not guaranteed to win today but it could lead us to winning for a long period if we get the right players in the future without getting in debt.

Eto'o's offer gave the club a 100 million
Balotelli wanted to leave he threw the club's shirt on the floor if you haven't forgotten.
Santon? He was over hyped and over rated.

nerazzurri4life
08 Feb 12, 12:49
Who said we didn't need world class quality? We can't afford those players so instead the club is looking for players with great potential. We can't keep paying the mega bucks on wages so we need to build a new squad and the right way to do that is with kids, we're not guaranteed to win today but it could lead us to winning for a long period if we get the right players in the future without getting in debt.

If it was that easy, everybody would be doing it no? And as I said, 50mil generated in 4 mercatos. Where is the EVIDENCE?

What? :palm:

Balotelli wanted to leave he threw the club's shirt on the floor if you haven't forgotten.

:pokerface:

:oblivious:

My god....delusions of grandeur..
carry on

Toninu
08 Feb 12, 12:55
You didn't read Gazzetta on the Eto'o transfer? You didn't hear what Branca said?

And I don't know if you expect young players to play well immediately you're the one who's deluded try informing yourself before acting like a complete douche towards facts.

Nyall
08 Feb 12, 13:01

Or we can lose today and be even worse tomorrow, because so far none of the kids we've signed have even remotely shown that they're even average... Alvarez especially..

The biggest bullshit I have ever heard.. Eto'o's sale gave us around 21 million euros plus the additional savings in his salary.. Add in the fact that we pretty much spent that money on getting Zarate, Forlan and Kucka.. and we lose even more in that too. THEN include the fact that if we don't make the Champions League next year we would have lost even MORE than we would have made than if we had kept Samu..

That figure reported in the Gazetta was bullshit from the start and anyone with sense could see that.. It's like you saying that selling your super efficient car for 10,000 will bring you 15,000 dollars over the next 4 years in savings, even though you buy another cheaper car for 5,000 and spend more on it for gas and also you have to spend more on it for repairs.. The only way you would have truly saved is if you walked everywhere.

Just like the only way we would have truly saved that money is if we had replaced Eto'o with no one and sitll made the Champions League via direct qualification.. None of that is true..

What the fuck does that have to do with us not replacing him?

http://www.football-italia.net/node/15491

He must be terribly overrated to be impressing on a team that is doing amazing this season.. Can't say that I feel the same for any of our youngsters this season. .

jmaster
08 Feb 12, 13:08
Bitches still crying about Santon. He failed here, had enough chances, failed. Get over it.

Toninu
08 Feb 12, 13:08
Yeah, Santon was amazing for us his defensive ability was second to none and he never fucked up. Did I defend the club for not replacing Balotelli? If we made the signings Benitez needed, our club would still be competitive. All I'm talking about is the way the club has decided to move forward, you either like it or you don't. But that's the way the club is moving and I'm sure that will entail Sneijder leaving next season. If you look at my posts in other thread you'd see how I've reacted about the club's transfers lately are far from complimentary so don't make assumptions.

vitomins
08 Feb 12, 13:42
The funny thing is, Ranocchia has had about the same ratio of quality games to shit games that Santon had in his time here. We paid almost 20m for Rannochia and sold Santon for 6m. Rannochia is 24 and Santon is 21.

Nearly everyone here believes Ranocchia will be one of the greatest Italian defenders ever. This is based on his one great season at Bari. Santon had one great season with us, playing at a higher level against the best teams in Europe. But after slumping, Santon is tossed aside and is deemed to not have the necessary quality. But when Ranocchia looks terrible, it is because he is just young and he will learn and get better.

So a 24 year old is young and stupid and will get much better, but a 21 year old is mature enough to play well and must not have quality if he does not perform.

Do you guys even see the shit you are saying??? I was the first one to say Santon just was not good enough for our team, but does that mean we should throw him away to the first willing buyer? We sold a player that was being compared to Maldini for 6m at the age of 21. Guess what...a mediocre defender at the age of 24 is worth just as much as a mediocre defender at 21. We should have kept him and used him as a backup or just continue to loan him out. This decision was even more stupid than the Balotelli one...

I just noticed this was the Sneijder thread...why the fuck am I talking about Santon?! If we sell Sneijder , we are once again just replacing players without bolstering the squad. Sneijder is failing because he doesn't have the right type of players around him. What do you think will happen if we replace him with a similar player?

A.l.i
08 Feb 12, 18:33
Agreed on Sneijder being one of a kind for us but we cannot afford to pay these wages of his just to play 6 months in a whole season. Its a given that he'll be sold this summer. Best of luck to Branca in replacing him.

Nerazzurri_Ninja
09 Feb 12, 04:51
Bitches still crying about Santon. He failed here, had enough chances, failed. Get over it.

I know this is the Sniejder thread and i appologize but this must be said, Santon played for us as a teenager and hit 20 while on loan at Cesena, he improved vastly and became Italia U21 Captain in that time. Saying he had enough chances is ridiculous as some of those chances were with depleated squads or off an injury. He never wanted to leave but Gasperini wasnt going to play him, despite interest from Italian clubs he chose to play abroad, He is an Interista and many including me have hopes for him to return especially when we offload Chivu.

He is a defender and defenders are like wine getting better with age. Unfortunatly held back by injury this season he has only just emerged and become a vital member of Newcastles defense, forming chemistry and adapting to english football wonderfully.

In regards to Sniejder, someone else has mentioned it as well, He needs the right players surrounding him and that is basically it. Ranieri's refusal to play an SS and using two Targetmen has limited his potential. Sniejder needs to be front and center orchastrating the offense, taking blasts from the top of the box, even if played with Alvarez and Zarate alongside him would provide the speed and creativity to have our attack to be productive not to mention enough for teams to pull back in fear of our counter which would have pace and be unpredictable with its fast passing, fancy footwork and an ariel threat in one of Milito or Pazzini as a sole Targetman.

Michael
09 Feb 12, 05:08
http://www.interpersempre.com/800wj.jpg

PACT SNEIJDER-INTER: THREE GREAT MONTHS TO SAY GOODBYE

The Dutch is ready to return, met with Ranieri who also has one common interest.
To save the season and leave in the transfer window.

Appiano Gentile - We must draw a line and restart. That was basically what Claudio Ranieri said on Sunday. The reference was of course to all the wreckage after Roma-Inter. But that phase also has another meaning and it is directly towards the return of Wesley Sneijder. A return which would be on Sunday against Novara: the contusion to the leg which occurred in the Palermo game is now gone. The Dutch yesterday was back training together with his teammates so his availability is almost a given.

Where will he be? The uncertainty is where he will play but that's another story. A new relationship must take off again. That of Wes with Inter and more specifically with Ranieri, who is the coach that when he arrived, immediately put the trequartista at the center of his project. Today Sneijder has become something that has to be handled with great care like a bomb that can explode in your hands, or perhaps rather the fuse that detonates Inter, but in a good way, for at least three months.

Indispensable The common interest is the key that can open certain doors, dissolve what has become a node (not just tactically) that no one can afford to see tangled. At least from now until the end of the season: then, if all goes well, they can say "goodbye but remain friends." But a certain situation must come in order for both parties not to remain each others' prisoners. For Inter because for another player with the same quality of Sneijder, Inter do not have and even in this league. Not only that, Sneijder is the indispensable interpreter for Ranieri's systems of play.

Transfer market But even Sneijder cannot afford it because there has been much talk about him in these recent months but it is rarely about football, and after the World Cup which Wes demonstrated that he was worthy of the Golden Ball, those quality of plays have been extremely rare. Then there is European Championship coming up so Sneijder needs to get back to being the true Sneijder for his national team. Lastly is the transfer market. At least right now, the rumors of him coming to Anzhi are far from factual.

Rapports What needed between Sneijder and Inter is a relationship after searching for a common interest rather than out of conviction. It would be difficult to imagine Ranieri using the harsh tones in front of the Dutch as he did in the eve of Inter-Palermo ("either he speaks our language or we go on without him"). They need to stick together. It is a bet, rather than a challenge: to win (or lose) together.

Universe
09 Feb 12, 11:54
Plam

Handoyo
09 Feb 12, 13:52

The problem is not the money, or who are sold. The problem is the REPLACEMENT. End of. They can sell Sneijder or anyone else in this team bar Zanetti as long as they had a proper plan to ensure the team remain competitive.

Toninu
09 Feb 12, 17:26
The problem is not the money, or who are sold. The problem is the REPLACEMENT. End of. They can sell Sneijder or anyone else in this team bar Zanetti as long as they had a proper plan to ensure the team remain competitive.

I agree completely, if the Sneijder money is reinvested well in the team like we did with Ibra back in 09 then that's a good thing. I'm not defending how we've performed on the market because the club has been lacking vision and that's what's screwed us over these past 2 seasons.

Dylan
09 Feb 12, 17:32
What makes the 25-30 million raised by Sneijder's possible sale different from the money raised from Balotelli, Eto'o etc. Will it actually be re-invested properly or are we searching through YouTube videos again?

If we wanted to sign anyone of even 3/4 of Sneijders quality in todays market we will be spending well over 40 million sadly. Bringing in 2-3 good technical attacking players may be exactly the right thing to do in the long run rather than replace Wes with an alterative who cost probably 15 or something and spend the rest of our ''massive'' 10 million on 50% of some Genoa dude.

Gonna be one fucking interesting mercato.

A.l.i
09 Feb 12, 19:13
I agree completely, if the Sneijder money is reinvested well in the team like we did with Ibra back in 09 then that's a good thing. I'm not defending how we've performed on the market because the club has been lacking vision and that's what's screwed us over these past 2 seasons.

That is why I want us to have a coach already set for next season by the time Wes is about to be sold like Capello for instance. He'll have his say on Sneijder's potential replacements instead of Branca. It was a circus last summer. :palm:

Darren
09 Feb 12, 20:11

Lmao and that's what makes me despair. We've been systematically selling our best players/talents and replacing them with far lesser players or not at all.

That means what? Re-evaluated goals and priorities. I think management et al just have huge sacks of horse shit in their mouth. How many times have we heard the 'our goals are to fight on all fronts, Scudetto, CL and Coppa' line? But in reality, they are slowly but surely syphoning all the quality out of this team.

Scariest part is they seem to have no intention of stopping. The handling of Motta confirms it.

When Motta was sold I first thought 'Well, that sucks. They had no choice though.. The player wanted to leave.' But now that I think about it.. If we were REALLY about that 'battle on all fronts', the club would've just drawn a hard line. When PSG first made inquiries we could have have shut them down then and there: 'NOT FOR SALE'. That would've settled the whole thing. But our management saw another chance to make their new trademark move: 'Sell best players and then get cheaper, sub-par replacement'.

Last summer we all said 'this is crunch time for MM to show he still wants Inter to be competetive'. And look at where we are now and where we are heading.

Selling Wes is just the next 'let's get a cheaper alternative' move that will make us even less attractive as a football club. Which will work against us in the long run. His sale will consolidate our change from 'top club' to 'sub-top'. Let's face it people, that's the direction we are heading in unless:

1. We get new management and/or a new president or

2. The current management/president drastically change their strategy and policies.

SpecialOne
09 Feb 12, 20:37
C'mon we have so STUPID coach. He said that he dosesn't know where to put Sneijder ( one of the best playmakers ).. We are playing 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1!!??? wtf we are like some scotish 3 leauge club!!
CLAUDIO CIAO!!!

Scottish_one
09 Feb 12, 21:07
i lost all time for CR when he said wes dosnt fit into his system....the system should revole around the players. if our best and most creative player dosnt fit into his shitty defensive system then he should change it! our results and performances this season are proof that his system needs to be far more flexible than it is.

i dont blame wes for going (im pretty sure he will) any manager should be thrilled to have him in the team especially with the state of our team atm. i just hope we get a good price for him, hes worth a lot more to us than 25million, but then motta was worth more to us than 10 over 2 years and the money better be reinvested into the team unlike eto's fee.

if this happens and we get a new coach and poli gurin alvarez amongst others perform then we might not have such a bad season next year but theres a lot of hope in there

SpecialOne
09 Feb 12, 21:12
Best manager in wolrd Jose Mourinho can find spot for Wesley in his team...One crap coach can't find spot for him. We have to lose this guy (Claudio), because of him we will lose the best playmaker in wolrd...Fuckin Claudio you didn't won nothing in your life.Go away from our club!!!
FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 4EVER, CLAUDIO OUT!!!

Pimpin
09 Feb 12, 21:48
replace Wes with an alterative who cost probably 15 or something and spend the rest of our ''massive'' 10 million on 50% of some Genoa dude.

:star::star::star:

Coasterfreek
09 Feb 12, 22:37
x85ghK6PtbE

Has more than just Sneijder, but I'd figure to put this in his thread since he's a current player, rather than bumping up a former player thread.

Aurimas
12 Feb 12, 09:35
Tuttosport claims Anzhi directors are in Milan to negotiate for Sneijder. Probably bs, also, I don't think Sneijder would go to Russia at the moment.

Nyall
12 Feb 12, 15:05
Please sell him.. We don't need this guy.. Not only has he been utter shit this season, he's also become a tremendous douche bag he shoots more than he passes.

DIN011
12 Feb 12, 15:08
Please sell him.. We don't need this guy.. Not only has he been utter shit this season, he's also become a tremendous douche bag he shoots more than he passes.
Who should he pass to? Pazzini?

Nyall
12 Feb 12, 15:24
Who should he pass to? Pazzini?
Umm maybe Milito.. He didn't even look up, just kept his head down the entire time.. Not to mention his utterly bad set pieces (all season long) and how injury prone he is..

We've been shit, but as our best player and last remaining world class player from the treble team, one would hope that he would lead us, in a positive manner.. We need a rebuild, from scratch, and honestly, he would be the first person along with Lucio, Samuel, Maicon, Cambiasso, Forlan, Chivu, Cordoba and Stankovic that I give the "Motta treatment" to..

Hasan
12 Feb 12, 15:27
Our best player by miles today. His biggest problems are:

1. Milito not good like before
2. Maicon not good like before
3. Eto'o is out
4. Ranieri will bench anyone who can play football

Handoyo
12 Feb 12, 15:27
I actually thought it was clear he's a class above the rest. The rest of the team can't even play on the same wavelength. Cambiasso? :lol: Stankovic? :lol: Chivu? :lol: Forlan? :lol: Pazzini? :lol:

He's definitely gone this summer. It's just crystal clear from his body language.

Batman
12 Feb 12, 15:40
Yup, he was our best player today so far, he is our best shooter.. So we cant blame him, at least his shots were all close.. And yet, he had a lot of chances that he has to shot but he passed it..

Nyall
12 Feb 12, 15:42
Yup, he was our best player today so far, he is our best shooter.. So we cant blame him, at least his shots were all close.. And yet, he had a lot of chances that he has to shot but he passed it..
You can not name me one time Wesley had a clear look on goal and passed there ball... He is our best player, our point guard, every time we got the ball we gave it to him.. What he did with the ball was nothing to praise..

Mad Biscione
12 Feb 12, 15:48
We should build NEW INTER

players to stay:
- Sneijder
- Poli
- Cesar

IRR26
12 Feb 12, 15:51
Wesley is our best player, our point guard, every time we got the ball we gave it to him.. What he did with the ball was nothing to praise..

Maybe it is true that Wesley is our best player, but we are pretty shit team otherwise because everytime Sneijder is on the field we seem to lose.

When Sneijder was injured we had pretty good winning streak. I dont say it, but it seemed to go away when Sneijder came back. These are just facts. I also loved Wesley in his first season.

Ed.
12 Feb 12, 15:53
Maybe it is true that Wesley is our best player, but we are pretty shit team otherwise because everytime Sneijder is on the field we seem to lose.

When Sneijder was injured we had pretty good winning streak. I dont say it, but it seemed to go away when Sneijder came back. These are just facts. I also loved Wesley in his first season.

That could be because Ranieri doesn't know how to use Wesley tactically in a right way.

IRR26
12 Feb 12, 15:58
That could be because Ranieri doesn't know how to use Wesley tactically in a right way.

Under Muorinho he was one part of the 11 players on the field. After Mourinho it have been more like Sneijder and other 10. When Sneijder is on field every attack goes through him. That is not the most foreseeable tactic.

Rossoneri
12 Feb 12, 16:00
Are Pazzini and Sneijder still mad to each other or?

Besnik
12 Feb 12, 16:00
Other than his shooting(that has been annoying), the dude has been quite well though. If we had another Sneijder in our midfield, we would surely be a much more competitive team, I mean the dude is a quite dynamic player with the ball who can pass well and has great vision but sadly he doesn't have good enough teammates.

Wesley worked hard and looked quite eager today, something that he has been lacking recently, but also he has been unlucky in that moment when he hits the crossbar.

Nyall
12 Feb 12, 16:01
Under Muorinho he was one part of the 11 players on the field. After Mourinho it have been more like Sneijder and other 10. When Sneijder is on field every attack goes through him. That is not the most foreseeable tactic.
Exactly.. I can definitely see shades of Ibrahimovic minus the winning.. The disinterest in certainly there too. Going forward I just can't see as a player willing to spend the last few years of his prime on a team with no chance at silverware..

IRR26
12 Feb 12, 16:04
Exactly.. I can definitely see shades of Ibrahimovic minus the winning.. The disinterest in certainly there too. Going forward I just can't see as a player willing to spend the last few years of his prime on a team with no chance at silverware..

I was just about to say that.

Ed.
12 Feb 12, 16:54

I believe Mourinho made him crystal clear how he should play the game. I also believe Ranieri must have given him too much creativity to do. Wesley is like a wild horse. He is strong when you let him alone but headless. If you can control his head, he is a powerful weapon. I don't see Ranieri being in control of Sneijder atm.

Il Divin Codino
12 Feb 12, 19:28
He hasn't been the same since the treble, his shots have been terrible since last season, and he always do that instead of passing the ball. In his defense, today Novara had all the team inside the box so he probably did the right thing shooting, but his shots were :palm: except for one. He needs to calm down and stop trying to win the game by himself, because he has been good except for his last touch.

SpecialOne
12 Feb 12, 19:31
WESLEY "ENFANT TERRIBLE" SNEIJDER 10

KevinB
12 Feb 12, 19:35
If Milito can come back, Sneijder definitely can too. He just needs a team that works for each other. I'll think he'll do much better once Guarin will play along with him .

Mad Biscione
12 Feb 12, 19:36
Guarin is already crying at night jube didnt choose him :yao:

Choppin Onions
12 Feb 12, 21:03
If Milito can come back, Sneijder definitely can too. He just needs a team that works for each other. I'll think he'll do much better once Guarin will play along with him .

He won't be around that long for us to witness it. He's gone in the summer. Branca will sell him for €15m and replace him with some random Argentine or Brazilian

Bill
12 Feb 12, 21:15
15m? Why are you being so generous? He'll be sold to ManU for a kilo of Sir Alex's chewed gum.

frashed
12 Feb 12, 23:27
For our manager to even ask Sneijder and then tell the media he asked (clearly he wasn't sure) confirms the rumours really. Does Ranieri have a fucking brain?

Hasan
13 Feb 12, 05:50
----------- STRIKER-----------
--COU---------------LUCAS---
----------SNEIJDER-----------

-----------COACH-------------

rockball
13 Feb 12, 06:22
Obviously he was the only one on the pitch capable of doing something. He tried hard but then can't be blamed if every other player only passes to him when they receive the ball.

vitomins
13 Feb 12, 14:18
Are Pazzini and Sneijder still mad to each other or?

When you are losing to the last placed teams at home, not to mention one of the worst teams in Serie A in recent memory, it is very easy to get frustrated and start pointing fingers.

armendsh
14 Feb 12, 15:42
Another injury, Shit player .. Today he left the training because of injury, But no one knows how serious is :palm:

Mad Biscione
14 Feb 12, 15:43
:chan:

Handoyo
14 Feb 12, 15:55
You have gotta be trolling?

Pajo
14 Feb 12, 16:21
He wasnt, it's reported he left the training earlier.

Bill
14 Feb 12, 16:44
Butt hurt.

snake
14 Feb 12, 21:16
Scrolled up reading the posts thinking they were from a few weeks ago...realised they were from today.

Same shit. Different day. Literally.

JJM
14 Feb 12, 21:26
Should have sold Sneijder not Eto'o(not blaming anyone for this)as it is clear now we made a mistake.What i hate about it though is we will sell Sneijder also in the summer and most likely replace him with a lesser name like Lucas or <insert random Brazilian name>
Praying for whoever it will be to shine like a BOSS.

I4E
15 Feb 12, 01:51
This

Scrolled up reading the posts thinking they were from a few weeks ago...realised they were from today.

Same shit. Different day. Literally.

Then this :lol:

Should have sold Sneijder not Eto'o(not blaming anyone for this)as it is clear now we made a mistake.What i hate about it though is we will sell Sneijder also in the summer and most likely replace him with a lesser name like Lucas or <insert random Brazilian name>
Praying for whoever it will be to shine like a BOSS.

Nyall
15 Feb 12, 03:15
I actually expect us to start playing BETTER with him out, especially in terms of ball movement.

Im totally prepared to give Ricky another try and i actually think he'll do better for this team with his several miss placed passes and occasional one or two good ones, rather than Sneijder's ball hogging shot, shot, shot, all of which go wide.. Not to mention his awful set piece deliveries.

skeet
15 Feb 12, 03:36
how many times have we actually won in the league this season with sneijder on the pitch?

if it's more than 3 i would be shocked

necrodragon
15 Feb 12, 08:02
we need to get rid of sneijder as soon as possible, I looked up and he earns around 13million in wages a year, thats about 26 million after taxes, if we sell him, our wage bill will become 120 million, which is lower than even arsenal etc. And to be honest he has had just 2 good seasons in his entire career, his 1st season at real, and his 1st season with us

Darren
15 Feb 12, 08:41
Oh yes, let's sell the only world-class player we have left!

It's obviously Wes' fault that we don't win with him on the pitch.. the coach and other players have nothing to do with it. That's why, when we had a great coach and players like Eto'o, top-form Maicon and Milito surrounding him, Wes really SUCKED!

And those damn wages are just so high, let's get em lower than even Arsenal's!

But don't be surprised if we never win anything, just like Arsenal. Oh wait..

Wallace
15 Feb 12, 08:46
Sure, I agree that Sneijder has been pretty disruptive in the last game trying to shoot every time opportunity arises outside the penalty area. But I do think he was the only who looked like creating something in this entire game.

In most cases, Milito and Pazzini were just standing still in the penalty box with around 6+ defenders surrounding them, with the likes of Cambiasso and Stankovic standing absolutely still many yards behind Sneijder, what could have Sneijder possibly done?

Sneijder was never a technically superb nor an extremely creative trequartista, he never had that high number of assists even in his best season in Serie A, and he has always had trouble crafting out chances against opponents who sat back and absorbed pressure. With a static side like ours, particularly with Milito and Pazzini up front, it's ridiculously hard to create against such compact defence, especially when the whole team is looking to you to create.

In past seasons, we could delegate such resposnbility to Eto'o, whom was willing to drop back and share this task with Sneijder. Now we have Alvarez, Alvarez in the first half was more or less decent, but he did not do anything special either to carve the Novara defence open.

And to those who suggested using Alvarez instead of Sneijder: Surely Alvarez did quite well during our winning streak, but he never looked like he had the cutting edge for us to rely completely on his creativity for the long run, especially in our 442/4312 now.

Our play is already poor enough, I honestly can't imagine what we'd be like without Sneijder.

Darren
15 Feb 12, 09:04
I actually expect us to start playing BETTER with him out, especially in terms of ball movement.

Im totally prepared to give Ricky another try and i actually think he'll do better for this team with his several miss placed passes and occasional one or two good ones, rather than Sneijder's ball hogging shot, shot, shot, all of which go wide.. Not to mention his awful set piece deliveries.

Nyall, has it occurred to you that the line 'individuals don't do well when the team is in bad form' also applies to Wes?

In th second half of the Novara game, the team had totally lost it. Wes then took the reins and tried to force a goal, which led to numerous missed chances, but also nearly a goal with that cross-bar shot. At least Wes was doing something, unlike the rest of the team.

Pajo
15 Feb 12, 11:00
we need to get rid of sneijder as soon as possible, I looked up and he earns around 13million in wages a year, thats about 26 million after taxes, if we sell him, our wage bill will become 120 million, which is lower than even arsenal etc. And to be honest he has had just 2 good seasons in his entire career, his 1st season at real, and his 1st season with us

nope, he earns 6 mils per year.

JJM
15 Feb 12, 11:28
Well...atleast he is ok and is training normaly. :work:

http://translate.google.si/translate?hl=sl&sl=it&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinter1908.it%2F%3Faction%3Dre ad%26idnotizia%3D45469

necrodragon
15 Feb 12, 11:41
nope, he earns 6 mils per year.

it must have been 13 million after taxes i suppose, sorry! my bad!

vitomins
15 Feb 12, 15:04
how many times have we actually won in the league this season with sneijder on the pitch?

if it's more than 3 i would be shocked

2 lol

Inter 1-0 Chievo
Milan 0-1 Inter*
Inter 2-1 Lazio

*Came on in the 76th minute with the score already 0-1.

Inter7
15 Feb 12, 16:16
i still would not want to sell sneijder for two reasons

1. he may be injured and in bad form but he still is our best player and sells shirts

2. if we sell him and dont replace him (which we wont) then we get fucking lucas sneijder is world class in his position how can mourinho win a treble with him there is no way all that talent disappears

A.l.i
15 Feb 12, 17:38
He needs to leave and so he should. We need to get rid of him as well.

The_Eradicator
16 Feb 12, 09:26
Bottom line is he is useless under Ranieri, he can't play in 4-4-2 either him or the coach have to leave.

Native
16 Feb 12, 10:04
...Or the coach has to implement a better formation :oblivious:

Batman
16 Feb 12, 10:47
Yup wtf is wrong with Ranieri?? He used the 4-3-1-2 formation in his first games and it worked well..

vitomins
16 Feb 12, 13:33
Yup wtf is wrong with Ranieri?? He used the 4-3-1-2 formation in his first games and it worked well..

Atalanta, Lecce and Palermo, not so well.

Inter7
16 Feb 12, 16:28
Atalanta, Lecce and Palermo, not so well.

i recall four minutes into those games he was switched to the left

junkie
18 Feb 12, 11:10
why he lost the nick in the thread name???

Suneet
18 Feb 12, 11:37
He tries. He really does. Just doesnt click and most of the time is the only one moving off the ball.

Pajo
18 Feb 12, 11:38
He was useless as fuck yesterday. Than again, so was our every player bar Poli and maybe Naga, so.. I won't blame him.

Besnik
18 Feb 12, 11:44
Wes is one of those players who actually work really hard. It could sound pretty bs but somehow dude has class and his teammates are just not good enough to co-operate with him properly.

You can easily notice that he tries various ways here and there but sadly our attack has been deadlock (except of Milito who has been on fire recently, but sadly he wasn't available last night).

He's being played surrounded by bunch of average players who lack of quality and winning mentality.

IRR26
18 Feb 12, 11:54
I have heard people saying that it was Kaka who drag Milan to the CL victory.

Sneijder was important piece in our treble winning squad. But then what he has managed to do. In supercoppa against Milan at the start of the season when we played first half like bosses and Sneijder score a wonderfull freekick goal I though that this is the player that makes the difference. Since that day there havent been nothing like that from Sneijder.

Sneijder is our star trequartista, highest paid player. He should find those tight places where we could score. I just still wondering is our rest squad so fucking shit that the best Sneijder can do is to try by himself.

CafeCordoba
18 Feb 12, 11:58
Problem with Sneijder remains. There is no one he can play ball with. Others just stand still and watch. Zanetti-Cambiasso is totally useless for Sneijder. He tries something with Naga but Naga is just mediocre with the ball and with the decision-making. Pazzo, Milito, Forlan, all just useless for Sneijder atm because they can't keep the ball. Poli might become a player who Sneijder can play with but that would require that Poli being a regular in our starting lineup so that the bond can born between these two. Alvarez is another one, but Ranieri (or whoever is the coach in our near-future) must find a way to put Sneijder and Ricky both to the lineup at the same time.

Sneijder is our star trequartista, highest paid player. He should find those tight places where we could score. I just still wondering is our rest squad so fucking shit that the best Sneijder can do is to try by himself.

Exactly that's the problem. Sneijder can't find those magic passes if his team mates don't move correctly.

chipschups
18 Feb 12, 12:04
yeah,, you can seen he's really running with nagatomo, faraoni and poli
the others just sit and watching,,
its really irritated me,,

junkie
18 Feb 12, 12:50
yeah,, you can seen he's really running with nagatomo, faraoni and poli
the others just sit and watching,,
its really irritated me,,

that`s just what I was thinking, I mean sneijder at least tries

I mean look zanetti, he has 39 on his back and run like a wolf, how can other just stand there with no respect...

Starmo4
18 Feb 12, 14:32
Ever since snejider returned we going down hill...

DIN011
18 Feb 12, 17:00
I think we all know that Sneijder misses a quick player he can combine with, leaving him alone with Pazzini, Forlan and Milito aren't going to help him, those three are all too similar. There are only two current Inter players that have actually worked well with Sneijder. One of them is loaned out, the other one is getting benched by fucking Castaignos…

Efrain21C
18 Feb 12, 17:03
Sneijder needs Zarate

Stoppani
18 Feb 12, 17:10
Ever since snejider returned we going down hill...

And by that you imply we should bench him?
Without Motta, Sneijder has no one to play with, Ranieri doesn't start Poli and makes him play near the left flank so he only has Nagatomo to play with (and at least Nagatomo tries). Yesterday he looked so desperate.

By the way, ESPN commentator for Latin America was saying that Ranieri had no clue where to put Totti back in his Roma days and the same is happening with Sneijder because Ranieri doesn't play with a trequartista, which is what Sneijder excels at.

Just to be clear, he wasn't saying that Totti is a trequartista, he was just saying that Ranieri has very rigid positions and never uses a number 10 in the middle behind strikers cause he prefers the wings...where we have NO ONE, at least no one good enough.

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

There are only two current Inter players that have actually worked well with Sneijder. One of them is loaned out

Coutinho

the other one is getting benched by fucking Castaignos…

You don't mean ZARATE do you? That guy is hopeless. Sneijder will pass him the ball and he would try to take it dribbling all the way home. He wouldn't return the pass! I rather give Castaignos playtime in his correct position (yesterday it was in the middle, instead of Pazzini) than watching Zarate.

DIN011
18 Feb 12, 17:15
You don't mean ZARATE do you? That guy is hopeless. Sneijder will pass him the ball and he would try to take it dribbling all the way home. He wouldn't return the pass! I rather give Castaignos playtime in his correct position (yesterday it was in the middle, instead of Pazzini) than watching Zarate.
The guy only started dribbling like an idiot after Sneijder got injured, when Wes was fit they actually created some decent plays together.

Castaignos? Castaignos atm is fucking shit. Dude can't even trap the fucking ball. You want him in the middle? Why? We'll just replace Pazzini with a worse version of him. It's clear that he isn't ready, he looks like he's about to cry whenever they show him on the pitch. Whoever's idea it was to keep him here last summer is a fucking idiot.

necrodragon
18 Feb 12, 17:15
anyone remember the brilliant pass by sneijder yesterday in which and pazzini didnt even move, that totally sums up our problem, our forwards are too static

Uncommon
18 Feb 12, 17:28
I just hope i see Coutinho-Sneijder-Alvarez together someday...

Stoppani
18 Feb 12, 17:36
Castaignos? Castaignos atm is fucking shit.

Castaignos is OUR fucking shit and unless we give him som playtime, he will remain a fucking shit.
Zarate is SO FUCKING GONE. We are NOT going to pay 15 MM or whatever the sum Lazio wants.
Why would we play him at all having seen he has no fucking means or will to improve our play at all?

DIN011
18 Feb 12, 17:42
Castaignos is OUR fucking shit and unless we give him som playtime, he will remain a fucking shit.
Zarate is SO FUCKING GONE. We are NOT going to pay 15 MM or whatever the sum Lazio wants.
Why would we play him at all having seen he has no fucking means or will to improve our play at all?
So what if he's our shit? If he isn't good enough he just isn't. Having him on the field will only make us worse.

And Zarate did improve our play back before Wes got injured. Remember how shit we were after he was subbed vs Juve? We need a player with pace and skill, Zarate has that, only problem is that he doesn't know when to let the ball go and that he doesn't concentrate at times. But how can he improve when he never get's to play? Zarate at the moment is the ONLY player in our squad who can actually dribble past someone, Ricky too at times, but he's just so goddamn slow that they catch up to him most of the time.

There are like 3 months left of this season, he has to get a chance sometime. It's not like he can do worse than Pazzini is doing at the moment.

chipschups
18 Feb 12, 18:28
i like that sneijder-zarate idea,,

we desperately lack of creativity,,
cant wait to see sneijder-zarate-alvarez on pitch together
but with poli and guarin to support them, not cambi-capitano duo

anyone remember the brilliant pass by sneijder yesterday in which and pazzini didnt even move, that totally sums up our problem, our forwards are too static

thats first through pass after twenty something shoot on goal
i think pazzo think sneij will shoot again

pazzo expression was priceless :lol:

vitomins
18 Feb 12, 19:28
Again with this Zarate shit...we won 7 straight matches without Zarate and Sneijder. Has nothing to do with who is playing and who isn't, this team has zero motivation and the worst back line I have ever seen.

Normally big clubs come back from a terrible match and play their best match of the season, but what happens with us? We get fuckin killed worst than the last match. We can play Zarate instead of Pazzini, but I truly doubt it will change anything with Ranieri in charge and the players acting like they don't give a shit.

Nerazzurri_Ninja
19 Feb 12, 01:59
The system needs to change and Zarate with Sneijder in all likelyhood would help us immensly, like i've said before the two targetman system sucks. Our team as a whole with or without sneijder need a 4231 or a diamond with an SS, even in that streak we beat tiny teams and depleated squads without there best players.

We cant score against little teams and other teams take advantage of our slow CFs who arent creative and rely on miracle crosses into the box.

DARi0
21 Feb 12, 13:36
I wouldn't blame Sneijder for the team's piss poor form. Sure he doesn't play like he used to [just came back from many irritating injuries], but let's not forget he has almost nobody to combine with. Ranieri plays with 2 poachers up front, destroyers behind Wes and everybody expects him to work miracles. In most of the games, Wes was NOT even used as a trequartista [AM] !!! He was constantly deployed out of position, such as winger, wide forward, central midfielder... well that's also frustrating! Instead of just building the team around your best player, he forces him to play in dubious positions. Ranieri is unable to insert him, unable to use him properly. That sounds like a new Gasperini to me, tactically rigid and sticking to his shitty 4-4-2.

Sneijder snubbed Zenit switch
By Football Italia staff

Inter playmaker Wesley Sneijder has revealed that he turned down an offer to join Zenit St Petersburg last week.

Russian clubs have until 24 February to sign players and Zenit boss Luciano Spalletti recently confirmed an interest in the Dutchman.

It now seems that the aforementioned interest was transformed into an offer for the former Real Madrid midfielder.

“Yes, there was a bid and it was interesting,” Sneijder told Voetbal International. “They wanted to push ahead with it.

“There was absolutely nothing wrong with their proposal, but I didn’t think it was the right time for me to leave Inter.”

Sneijder’s future at the club has been in doubt since the summer after he was heavily linked with Manchester United.

Inter, though, decided to cash in on Samuel Eto’o instead by selling him to Russian giants Anzhi.

Sneijder has had his fitness issues this term and current boss Claudio Ranieri has admitted that he is struggling to fit the player into his side.

The 27-year-old has scored just one goal in 12 League appearances for the Beneamata so far this season.

Is it just me, or he did already hint that he's going away? [in summer, not now]

It would be really sad to see Sneijder leave, but unfortunately, right now, it seems inevitable :| Club needs cash, Wes had enough of playing with lower caliber players, could use a new challenge, years passing by, Wes not getting younger while we need to insert the younger ones [Coutinho, Alvarez]... I also wish they play TOGETHER with Wes, but bad coaching sucks.

vitomins
21 Feb 12, 13:43
The system needs to change and Zarate with Sneijder in all likelyhood would help us immensly, like i've said before the two targetman system sucks. Our team as a whole with or without sneijder need a 4231 or a diamond with an SS, even in that streak we beat tiny teams and depleated squads without there best players.

We cant score against little teams and other teams take advantage of our slow CFs who arent creative and rely on miracle crosses into the box.

We scored 16 goals in 7 matches with a two targetman system. How can you not see that this problem is way beyond selecting players and formations?

We should be able to score against Novara with our primavera squad, yet our first team gets shutout by them at home...

We had losses when Ranieri first came in when he was testing out a bunch of different stuff, then he settled on the 4-4-2 and we won 7 matches in a row. As soon as he started to change it up again, we start losing again. The players have no idea what the identity of this team is, almost the same situation at Liverpool this year....I just hope they can figure it out before we drop into the bottom half of the table.

NeonBlade
21 Feb 12, 14:07
Definitely Wesley is gone. What project is being built to keep him here? Surely not signing players like Forlan. He knows his time with us is over, since we are moving, in a steady downward decline in quality on all fronts. If Poli has any sense, he'd bail out too to save his promising career.

A.l.i
21 Feb 12, 15:31
Please change your font.

Devious
21 Feb 12, 18:30
Definitely Wesley is gone. What project is being built to keep him here? Surely not signing players like Forlan. He knows his time with us is over, since we are moving, in a steady downward decline in quality on all fronts. If Poli has any sense, he'd bail out too to save his promising career.

I think Sneijder is gona retire at Inter.

Next year we`re gona fix alot of that shit we did this year.

This year and the year before were just resting years, I mean after a very long run of victories we deserve a break. But next year we restart another journey.. take me for a ride in disneyland where we fuck barca and batter Chelsea!

SpecialOne
21 Feb 12, 18:51
WESLEY " WIZARD " SNEIJDER 10

Nerazzurri_Ninja
21 Feb 12, 22:02
We scored 16 goals in 7 matches with a two targetman system. How can you not see that this problem is way beyond selecting players and formations?

We should be able to score against Novara with our primavera squad, yet our first team gets shutout by them at home...

We had losses when Ranieri first came in when he was testing out a bunch of different stuff, then he settled on the 4-4-2 and we won 7 matches in a row. As soon as he started to change it up again, we start losing again. The players have no idea what the identity of this team is, almost the same situation at Liverpool this year....I just hope they can figure it out before we drop into the bottom half of the table.

16 goals so what, 5 in the destruction of Parma who we should beat and they were playing a CB in his debut game, 4 beating relegation lecce. That is nothing to brag about.

2 winning goals in 1-0 wins by defenders 1 by Ranocchia against relegation Cesena, 1 from Nagatomo against Genoa who were without their star player palacio. Where was our offense, no where cause it doesnt exist.

How about the fact that we started are streak beating Fiorentina who had no attacking threat missing their best players in Jovetic and Cerci.

The fact that beating Milan we caught a break with our 1 goal that came with having 30 percent possesion.

We did beat Lazio who had old man zauri in defense and had their best player hernanes off at halftime and didnt use Cisse who opens the field till the end of the game. Our second goal did come with sneijder on the field.

Getting raped by Roma Sneijder wasnt even on the bench, that was his two targetman garbage.

What about the second Lecce game, Sneijder was off at halftime, where were the goals, we didnt even make a 3rd sub.

Novara he didnt bring Zarate who should of played instead of Alvarez and anyways he played old Cordoba, washed up Chivu, and Stanko who should of been taken off instead of Poli. He was freaking out and needed his second targetman by halftime, then later we let up a goal and he freaked out and needed another targetman in Forlan. He realized nothing was gona happen so he put in Nagatomo hoping he might get a miracle cross like he did in past games.

Bologna no 3rd sub with Zarate on the bench, he doesnt even try using a diamond with sniejder and zarate, zarate never plays with sniejder and when he did sneijder was outwide.

His two targetman is garbage and has shown time and time again that its unimaginative and too slow relying on miracle crosses.

Dont try telling me about the slip and slide foul filled Palermo match cause sure we scored 4 goals but also let up 4, it wasnt a real showing of either team due to the weather and bad calls. Poli was the best thing out there but instead started old ass palombo for Roma whos only job should be to take the place of muntari and make conversation with Stankovic.

One minute he is praising Zarates great skill yet he doesnt bring him for the roma game either, Zarate who should be starting as an SS every game cause like the Cesena game, like the Genoa game, like the Milan game, like the Novara game, like the Roma game, like the second Lecce game, like the Bologna game our offense doesnt exist. Now with Sneijder back and Poli's great performances we could use Zarate as SS instead of two slow targetmen and have a dominant team in all aspects instead of the garbage we are watching week in and out.

We are only 2 games out of 3rd thanks to everyone elses demise, he better wake up and start changing his ways, As soon as he had the balls to blame sneijder for our failure he should of been fired.

Opeum
21 Feb 12, 23:21
You're clearly overrating Zarate.

Nyall
21 Feb 12, 23:25
Most Irritating by far...

apahllo
21 Feb 12, 23:35
Novara he didnt bring Zarate who should of played instead of Alvarez and anyways he played old Cordoba, washed up Chivu, and Stanko who should of been taken off instead of Poli. He was freaking out and needed his second targetman by halftime, then later we let up a goal and he freaked out and needed another targetman in Forlan. He realized nothing was gona happen so he put in Nagatomo hoping he might get a miracle cross like he did in past games.

Bologna no 3rd sub with Zarate on the bench, he doesnt even try using a diamond with sniejder and zarate, zarate never plays with sniejder and when he did sneijder was outwide.

One minute he is praising Zarates great skill yet he doesnt bring him for the roma game either, Zarate who should be starting as an SS every game cause like the Cesena game, like the Genoa game, like the Milan game, like the Novara game, like the Roma game, like the second Lecce game, like the Bologna game our offense doesnt exist. Now with Sneijder back and Poli's great performances we could use Zarate as SS instead of two slow targetmen and have a dominant team in all aspects instead of the garbage we are watching week in and out.

sneijder praised zarate because the player is gifted. he said something like zarate has eyes for whats going on in offense. but the problem is that zarate is selfish and goes missing instead of getting into the thick of it and woking with the team.

A.l.i
22 Feb 12, 10:27
Van Basten had some words for Sneijder?

thatdude
22 Feb 12, 14:34
Sneijder insists that he is as motivated as ever and is fully focused on the first leg of Inter's Champions League last 16 clash with Marseille at the Stade Velodrome on Wednesday night.

“I’m not thinking of Euro 2012 yet," the attacking midfielder wrote on Twitter. "I live from game to game!!

"So I'm thinking [only] about tonight’s game ... With concentration and as a professional. I'm ready ..."

Van Basten had argued that Sneijder's struggles have a lot to do with the departure of former coach Jose Mourinho for Real Madrid in 2010.

"He's one of the best midfielders in the world; the problem is his mentality," the former AC Milan star told Sky Sport Italia.

"He knows he cannot win the championship and is already thinking about the European Championship.

"When Mourinho was there, he was at his most motivated but now at Inter there is a bit more chaos and suffering.

"But it's not just the fault of Inter, it's also Sneijder, who should be more professional."

Sneijder's attitude has also been called into question by Inter icon Sandro Mazzola.

"The Dutchman should not play the prima donna," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "Sneijder should play just as he did with Mourinho and Netherlands. Lately, he has forgotten how."

Sneijder played a key role in Inter's treble triumph of 2010 but current coach Claudio Ranieri has repeatedly admitted in recent weeks that he is unsure of how best to deploy the former Real Madrid man.

from goal.com

Macktk
22 Feb 12, 20:51
USELESS

CafeCordoba
22 Feb 12, 20:58
?

He was pretty good today, delivered the ball quite well and was quite active in the defensive part of the game too. Again, he's too alone there so obviously he can't set the world on fire.

La Brujita
22 Feb 12, 21:01
He's a play maker guys. He needs someone to finish those chances in order to become "decent"

You need 2 players for crosses and passes to be converted, and we only Sneijder.

Besnik
22 Feb 12, 21:04
?

He was pretty good today, delivered the ball quite well and was quite active in the defensive part of the game too. Again, he's too alone there so obviously he can't set the world on fire.

Yup. He gave some nice balls through which were wasted by some bad decisions like example by Zarate, Forlan.. and also from Nagatomo where he got a nice chance in the box.

At least he makes something out of nothing unlike others in our team.

Macktk
22 Feb 12, 21:04
?

There is a reason Cambiasso did all the work and created most of the chances today. Sneijder was out of the picture. Too many mispasses and he didn't help in creating chances.

Mad Biscione
22 Feb 12, 21:08
Make him playing coach

NeonBlade
22 Feb 12, 21:11
Actually Sneijder created a few good chances today, just as much as Cambiasso. The cross/free kick that Stankovic failed to score. The pass he made to Nagatomo, and Naga sadly fell when he was trying to back pass it to Forlan. So he misplaced a few and he set up a few.

It was extremely frustrating seeing him with no one to pass to. Zarate no one to pass to. Obi no one to pass to.

and Forlan having to rush shots because no one was anywhere close ( except for one occassion when Cambiasso shot and it was deflected )

Fitzy
22 Feb 12, 21:23
I thought he was great today, considering the way we were playing.

Macktk
22 Feb 12, 21:30
My point is that today Cambiasso was our de facto playmaker, not Sneijder. Don't you guys agree on that?

NeonBlade
22 Feb 12, 21:36
My point is that today Cambiasso was our de facto playmaker, not Sneijder. Don't you guys agree on that?

With the tactics given, that is no surprise.

Hasan
22 Feb 12, 21:43

No, I don't. With Ranieri we don't play at all so there is no need for playmaker. Sneijder is just a problem for him because he wants to play.

Mad Biscione
22 Feb 12, 21:44
No, I don't. With Ranieri we don't play at all so there is no need for playmaker. Sneijder is just a problem for him because he wants to play.
Post of the fucking week ladies and gentlemen :slick::pokerface:

Il Divin Codino
22 Feb 12, 21:53
Sneijder was good today, in fact he hasn't been too bad since he returned, but he need 2 strikers to support him. I don't remember the last game we played 4-4-1-1 that we scored a single goal. But I liked him today more because he was helping in defense too. Now if only Ranieri tries younger legs in the midfield to support him....

Nyall
22 Feb 12, 21:55
Wow.. you guys call this good? My, have our standards lowered...

vitomins
22 Feb 12, 22:33
16 goals so what, 5 in the destruction of Parma who we should beat and they were playing a CB in his debut game, 4 beating relegation lecce. That is nothing to brag about.

2 winning goals in 1-0 wins by defenders 1 by Ranocchia against relegation Cesena, 1 from Nagatomo against Genoa who were without their star player palacio. Where was our offense, no where cause it doesnt exist.

How about the fact that we started are streak beating Fiorentina who had no attacking threat missing their best players in Jovetic and Cerci.

The fact that beating Milan we caught a break with our 1 goal that came with having 30 percent possesion.

We did beat Lazio who had old man zauri in defense and had their best player hernanes off at halftime and didnt use Cisse who opens the field till the end of the game. Our second goal did come with sneijder on the field.

Getting raped by Roma Sneijder wasnt even on the bench, that was his two targetman garbage.

What about the second Lecce game, Sneijder was off at halftime, where were the goals, we didnt even make a 3rd sub.

His two targetman is garbage and has shown time and time again that its unimaginative and too slow relying on miracle crosses.

Dont try telling me about the slip and slide foul filled Palermo match cause sure we scored 4 goals but also let up 4, it wasnt a real showing of either team due to the weather and bad calls. Poli was the best thing out there but instead started old ass palombo for Roma whos only job should be to take the place of muntari and make conversation with Stankovic.

We are only 2 games out of 3rd thanks to everyone elses demise, he better wake up and start changing his ways, As soon as he had the balls to blame sneijder for our failure he should of been fired.

Great call on Zarate...he really made our offense look dangerous. I heard the Marseille U12 squad was shitting their pants watching him!

Nerazzurri_Ninja
23 Feb 12, 00:10
Great call on Zarate...he really made our offense look dangerous. I heard the Marseille U12 squad was shitting their pants watching him!

I did say we needed Poli in midfield not Stankovic, not to mention i've said multiple times that Chivu is worthless and need Nagatomo at Lb all the time, We should of Sold Chivu and kept Santon as another option to rotate with Nagatomo.

Nagatomo could have started and brought his energetic runs down the left flank assiting Zarate which would have made all the diff compared to sluggish Chivu who did nothing.

If he was gona play the way he did then he should of played Obi on the other flank from the start or even subbed him in for Stankovic who played horribly and put Zanetti back there.

I did say that Palombos only job was to make conversation with Stankovic.

Earlier posts have mentioned how Zarate or Alvarez and if we still had him Coutinho should be played around sniejder if we are playing a 4231 with Obi and Faraoni as other options

Zanetti shouldnt be a RM but CM/DM or RB/LB

I have never made my dislike for Forlan a secret, we should of used Pazzini if we werent gona use Poli that way we could at least field one italian while keeping our average below the oldest team ever fielded in champions league.

snake
23 Feb 12, 00:18
It's funny during the game...when our midfielders or defenders have the ball, Sneijder runs towards them to get the ball actually moving...they always fuck it up though.

Slow pace football.
Chivu passes to Samuel,
Samuel passes back to Chivu,

Sneijder sprints towards Chivu demanding the ball,

Chivu panics and hits it at Sneijer full speed
Sneijder, with class, hits it back to Chivu first time,
Chivu has an 'oh shit' moment and almost fails to control the ball

Chivu passes back to Samuel to ensure the slow pace keeps on happening

Nyall
23 Feb 12, 01:52
It's funny during the game...when our midfielders or defenders have the ball, Sneijder runs towards them to get the ball actually moving...they always fuck it up though.

Slow pace football.
Chivu passes to Samuel,
Samuel passes back to Chivu,

Sneijder sprints towards Chivu demanding the ball,

Chivu panics and hits it at Sneijer full speed
Sneijder, with class, hits it back to Chivu first time,
Chivu has an 'oh shit' moment and almost fails to control the ball

Chivu passes back to Samuel to ensure the slow pace keeps on happening
I totally saw that too..

Universe
23 Feb 12, 01:57
Fucken Sneijder must be so bewildered right now.

2009 - Comes to Inter, has the season of his career, winning the treble with a world class squad and coming runner-up in the World Cup. States that he could retire here.

2012 - The world class squad has since either been sold or turned to shit, he's constantly injured, surrounded by incapable retards, who are despicably infuriating to watch. Imagine how bad they'd be to actually play with :palm:

If I were Sneijder I'd kill myself by punching myself in the face repeatedly.

Handoyo
23 Feb 12, 02:56
That's pretty much why I won't be surprised, nor disgusted if he leaves Inter. It's crystal clear that this guy is a class above anyone else in the team. I'd be grateful if he stays with Inter another season.

chipschups
23 Feb 12, 03:24
he just need a right partner,,
we need more attacking player to play alongside him,,

Batman
23 Feb 12, 07:54
Yup, he is alone, I dont understand what's on Ranieri's mind, saying that 2 strikers in front Sneijder doesnt exist.. Play Poli, who can PASS as RCM/LCM behind Sneijder and play with Milito-Pazzini in front of him with Milito drops behind a bit to support and help Sneijder to find a position, with Maicon coming forward from the right and cross for Pazzo..

My imagination world is big :megusta:

Ziyad
23 Feb 12, 08:33
I hope he demands 5 quality starting material players or he leaves. I realize we need at least 9

German_Interista
23 Feb 12, 20:56
Btw: When was the last time Sneijder scored a freekick? Just thought about it and remember every freakin freekick "yeay it's snipertime, we'll score for sure", but for sure. I can't remember the last one, just those crappy ones going up to the stands or get stuck in the wall.

Devious
23 Feb 12, 21:10
It`s because he doesnt have enough support from attacking midfielders you idiot. doh!

Pravesh
23 Feb 12, 21:18
I wouldn't blame Sneijder for our midfield problem, as most of us have been saying here. Our midfield sucks and Ranieri doesn't help with his selections. It gets funny when coaches say that they can't play a playmaker like Sneijder. What is more funny is when I have to hear from a loser coach that Sneijder behind two strikers don't work. It is statement like this that can make us speechless. :D :D

I do think that Milito -- Forlan supported by Sneijder in the playmaker role is the best thing for us and ofcourse not with a fucked up static midfield behind them.

Helal said it perfectly - all we do now is back passes and that is pathetic - week in and week out !! I am not asking or expecting us to play barca offensive game but all I expect from Inter is to play !!

To make Sneijder work, he should be supported by ok players at least and not shitty totally useless players who can't move forward at all, leave alone making normal good passes.

Yeah, Sneijder does irritate with his attitude here and then but I am pretty sure that it is not easy at all to be on his shoes.

As Handoyo said, it would be great to have Sneijder next season as well but ofcourse only if we are able to make at least two good purchases for the midfield. Ranieri should obviously not be coaching us next season, whether Sneijder is to stay or leave.

:)

Ed.
23 Feb 12, 23:36
Why are we not doing Wes-Pazzo-Milito? When the last time we played that triple?

Il Divin Codino
24 Feb 12, 00:35
I wouldn't blame Sneijder for our midfield problem, as most of us have been saying here. Our midfield sucks and Ranieri doesn't help with his selections. It gets funny when coaches say that they can't play a playmaker like Sneijder. What is more funny is when I have to hear from a loser coach that Sneijder behind two strikers don't work. It is statement like this that can make us speechless. :D :D

I do think that Milito -- Forlan supported by Sneijder in the playmaker role is the best thing for us and ofcourse not with a fucked up static midfield behind them.

Helal said it perfectly - all we do now is back passes and that is pathetic - week in and week out !! I am not asking or expecting us to play barca offensive game but all I expect from Inter is to play !!

To make Sneijder work, he should be supported by ok players at least and not shitty totally useless players who can't move forward at all, leave alone making normal good passes.

Yeah, Sneijder does irritate with his attitude here and then but I am pretty sure that it is not easy at all to be on his shoes.

As Handoyo said, it would be great to have Sneijder next season as well but ofcourse only if we are able to make at least two good purchases for the midfield. Ranieri should obviously not be coaching us next season, whether Sneijder is to stay or leave.

:)

I agree with everything you say, but Ranieri didn't said Sniejder doesn't work behind 2 strikers exactly. He said that with 2 strikers and Sneijder we lose the battle in midfield. IMO he blames more the midfield than Sneijder, saying with the current midfielders we have we cannot play with only 3.

Handoyo
24 Feb 12, 05:56
Btw: When was the last time Sneijder scored a freekick? Just thought about it and remember every freakin freekick "yeay it's snipertime, we'll score for sure", but for sure. I can't remember the last one, just those crappy ones going up to the stands or get stuck in the wall.

SuperCoppa Italiana vs Milan

Before that, against Lazio I think (when we were down to 10-men but still win)

Pajo
24 Feb 12, 06:45
^^Atalanta. It was discussed a week ago :D

Nyall
24 Feb 12, 06:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WcQ1asjWa0&feature=related
Wesley didn't score a free kick. He scored a shot from outside the box in open play.

It's at about 34 seconds in..

Pajo
24 Feb 12, 13:43
Well, the previous debate went to wrong conclusion :lol: I said back than it was Milan in the supercup, people were saying it was Atalanta, and since i didn't remembered that goal, i said "ok" :D

A.l.i
25 Feb 12, 19:25
He has to be sold this summer, simple as that. You can just see like Van Basten does that his head is not here. His free kicks are useless now, long shots always wide, being more selfish now ( I don't take the BS of useless players around him ), they always were. His job is to get the ball back from them in every situation and create. His assists stat is ridiculous. Now he doesn't do any defensive work whatsoever. That 7 games winning streak had a very compact Inter, every one defended and came back, not walk around like he does. I have simply not liked his way of play this past month or so. He needs to go, sorry. In 09/10 I was used to drool over his long balls and how accurate those long balls were which initiated counter attacks, sorry not anymore. Only 7/15 successful through balls for Milito, Pazzo tells its own story as well.

Ed.
26 Feb 12, 00:16
How many freekicks has Sneijder scored from how all attempts? Sneijder is never a great freekick taker tbh. I don't know why people make it a big deal.

ADRossi
26 Feb 12, 00:38
How many freekicks has Sneijder scored from how all attempts? Sneijder is never a great freekick taker tbh. I don't know why people make it a big deal.

Probably because he's a great FK taker in FIFA 12. No lie.

thatdude
26 Feb 12, 00:57
Andre Villas-Boas has faced many difficult questions during his time at Chelsea, but he was probably unprepared for the ones that came his way last week. Porto's president, Nuno Pinto da Costa, had told Portuguese journalists that many of Chelsea's current players were still in touch with Jose Mourinho, the coach who left the club over four years ago.

"He needs time to mold his team," Pinto da Costa said. "He can't do that as long as there are players, as I've heard, who exchange text messages with Mourinho."

Villas-Boas, of course, had to play down the problems. "It's normal," he protested. "I have emotional attachment to the people I have managed in Academica and Porto. And I text them and they text back. It's really normal."

Yet Villas-Boas knows better than anyone, having worked with Mourinho for years, that his relationship with players is far from normal. While often described as a good tactician -- which is certainly true -- Mourinho's main skill is man management. He believes that psychological factors in football are the most important aspect of a player's ability, and his relationship with players is quite extraordinary. Witness the way he wept with Marco Materazzi when set to leave Inter in 2010 -- and this is Materazzi, notorious hardman and Zinedine Zidane wind-up merchant.

A pattern throughout Mourinho's managerial career has been his ability to turn otherwise decent players into top-class performers. There are examples at each club -- at Porto, for example, Paulo Ferreira and Nuno Valente did passable impressions of Cafu and Roberto Carlos when flying down the flanks from full back, and while Ferreira's good form continued under Mourinho at Chelsea, his ability dipped after his compatriot's departure and he's been a backup ever since. Valente became a bit-part player for Everton, before retiring with little fanfare.

At Chelsea, Mourinho had money to spend, and was immediately working with a higher caliber of player. But he transformed Frank Lampard, for example, from a decent all-round midfielder into a player voted the second-best in the world in 2005. Eidur Gudjohnsen was a good forward, but Mourinho somehow got him playing excellently in a central midfield position. Joe Cole played the only good football of his career under Mourinho.

And then there is Inter, where the post-Mourinho dip has been suffered by almost the entire playing squad. But one man sums it up in particular: Wesley Sneijder. His speech at the 2010 Ballon d'Or ceremony showed that strong emotional bond. "It was a pleasure to work with Jose Mourinho, and I want to tell him this on stage, it was a pleasure to work with him," he said. "I feel that he is for me, the best coach in the world." It nearly reduced his former coach to tears again.

[+] Enlarge
Shaun Botterill/Getty Images
The good old days: The Special One got the best out of Sneijder in the 2009-10 season when Inter won the Champions League.
"With Jose, success always follows him, but it's not always because he has the best players; it's because he make you believe you are the best players," Sneijder later said. "The confidence and belief he gives you is amazing, and when he is at a club it is his players and staff against the rest of the world."

And though it seems ludicrous to place Sneijder in with some lesser talents who enjoyed a brief Mourinho-dependent spike in form, he hasn't disproved the theory. The Dutchman was a highly promising player at Ajax, but it was difficult to place him among the world's best in a relatively weak league. At Real Madrid, he tasted success with a league title but wasn't always a regular and rarely found himself at the center of the team. Only at Inter in the 2009-10 season was he a consistently world-class performer. To put it frankly, his dip in form since then has lasted longer than his spell of brilliance, so it's natural to assume that this is his "true" level of ability, rather than his 2009-10 form.

Sneijder's drop in performance shouldn't be underestimated. It seemed to start immediately after Mourinho's departure. One of the biggest fallacies in modern football is that Sneijder enjoyed a good 2010 World Cup, based almost solely on the fact that he scored five times. Analyze the goals, and they're a remarkable compilation of simple tap-ins and deflections, alongside one which was so clearly a Felipe Melo own goal that Sneijder must have been slightly embarrassed to have been credited with it. The Netherlands reached the final, but its No. 10 did very little playmaking for a playmaker.

Scoring slightly fortunate goals shouldn't be used to criticize Sneijder, but getting acclaim for his performances at the World Cup might have been the worst thing that could have happened to him. For one thing, he was told by so many people that he deserved to be in the top three for the Ballon d'Or, despite missing out, he probably started to believe the hype. In truth, he'd played well for roughly half of the year before struggling under Rafael Benitez. The Barcelona trio of Lionel Messi, Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta had been more consistent.

Tweet, tweet
Don't miss a moment of the latest soccer coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join »

But more importantly, Sneijder seems to have forgotten the type of player he is. In 2009-10, he was absolutely superb by pulling the strings between the lines, and creating chances for Diego Milito, Samuel Eto'o and Goran Pandev. When used further forward in European competition, he prompted the counterattacks, combining with Milito but leaving the goal scoring to the Argentine. Sneijder scored just four times in the league, and eight in all competitions. He was a playmaker, not a goal scorer.

After finishing joint top of the World Cup goal-scoring charts, Sneijder now seems to think he's a goal scorer. His shots-per-game rate has risen from 2.42 in 2009-10, to 3.38 in 2010-11, to 3.80 in 2011-12. Astonishingly, he's only managed five league goals since Mourinho left.

He complained about his role after the World Cup: "I got frustrated under Benitez. … He wanted me to play as a striker," by which he meant high up the pitch behind another forward. But then, Sneijder doesn't want to play much deeper, either. "I don't like playing in central midfield at all," he said elsewhere. "I like to be further forward closer to goal … better a second striker than a central midfielder." It all seems very confused, and the likelihood is that Sneijder is trying to shift the blame onto his managers when he's simply been playing poorly.

In fairness, Sneijder does say that his preferred position is behind two strikers, in a 4-3-1-2. That shape has been tried by Claudio Ranieri this season, but the problem with that system is that it places so much of the creative burden on one player, Sneijder. When he's off form, that's difficult to justify, which has resulted in Ranieri playing a 4-3-1-2/4-4-2 compromise, in which Sneijder drifts to the left wing when out of possession, with Javier Zanetti playing either as a right winger or a central midfielder on the opposite side. In truth, Argentine Ricky Alvarez seems more suited to the Sneijder role.

"Sneijder is not a problem but a solution," Ranieri protested on Italian TV this week. But he continued: "I think that an Inter coach is duty-bound to try and integrate players with a special quality, even though by doing that the team is now suffering a lot."

It's easy to read between the lines.

It's not so easy to play between the lines. There's a brilliant player somewhere in Wesley Sneijder, but his current form barely justifies a place in the Inter side, let alone at the heart of it.

Not sure if this was posted here. It's from Michael Cox (guy from Zonalmarking.net) for ESPN.

NeonBlade
26 Feb 12, 01:24
Someone please tell that cunt Michael Cox that for a player to "find" form he has to be played consistently. We Inter fans should all know this, when we were bellowing not only for Militos departure, but his very career to end. Ranieri stuck by him, and he pulled off some vital goals for us, and we desperately need him to play for us to score goals, now in the dark period. What is so different between Milito and Sneider? Nothing.

This Cox wants to sound intellectual, but really, he prefers to see Sneijder transferred to England, and not play for our "small club"

He can go and fuck himself.

Edward
26 Feb 12, 05:59
basically everything he said is true

necrodragon
26 Feb 12, 06:12
but what cox said is completly true, in his whole career sneijder has had just 2 great seasons, his first season with real and his first season with us, he has never been so consistent as to consider him indispensible as most of you seem to do
2 good ones in 6 seasons he has had heck even adebayor has had 2 good seasons in the last 6 years

Ed.
26 Feb 12, 16:26
Probably because he's a great FK taker in FIFA 12. No lie.

LOL. luckily i never play that game.

Michael
27 Feb 12, 22:46
Sneijder: "Why was I replaced? The coach wanted a more defensive formation. My thoughts? I have my opinion but I'm keeping it to myself. I'm not a type of person that attacks the coach. I have a sense of belonging in this team and I am well here."

Uncommon
28 Feb 12, 09:33
"I see the friendly with England as a great stage on which to show off," he is quoted as saying by Corriere dello Sport. "This does not mean I want to get away from Inter, but certainly many clubs will be looking at tomorrow's meeting in London."

Batman
28 Feb 12, 10:00
Sneijder: "Why was I replaced? The coach wanted a more defensive formation. My thoughts? I have my opinion but I'm keeping it to myself. I'm not a type of person that attacks the coach. I have a sense of belonging in this team and I am well here."Hope he is honest, I mean who knows he might stay here next season?

A.l.i
28 Feb 12, 18:43
Only an ignorant can say that he'll stay here next season. No club willing to buy him is a different case though.

wicked wizard
28 Feb 12, 19:00
Only an ignorant can say that he'll stay here next season. No club willing to buy him is a different case though.i think he will stay. all the big teams seem to have spent up.

Inter Siamo Noi
28 Feb 12, 20:48
From Wes' twitter: "The Italian journalists who think they are great at translating, should go back to school or just be quiet."

And then...

"Se non hanno capito bene, I giornalisti italiani che pensano di essere grandi nel tradurre dovrebbero tornare a scuola o almeno stare zitti."

:closeenough:

Inter Siamo Noi
29 Feb 12, 18:40
Someone has highlights of Sneijder vs chelsea (2nd leg)?

Thanks!

|| WS10 ||
29 Feb 12, 21:27
He played bad vs England

rockball
01 Mar 12, 10:00
Too bad, now the English clubs will get him on cheap :palm:

Pajo
01 Mar 12, 11:18
Good (in a way) thing is that he is in poor form, very poor form. So it's not that he is unmotivated or something in Inter.

nerazzurri4life
01 Mar 12, 12:12
He was not great (like robben), but I don't know how you can say he was bad (like RvP for example). He was average, but even then, moved the ball around extremely well and created lots of problems for England with his off the ball movement and combination plays.

Biggest thing with Wes (and with all top players to be honest) is that they need STRONG man-managers. Without it, it just isn't going to work out.

Pajo
01 Mar 12, 12:17
He moves the ball here as well.

He wasn't as bad as RVP of course. He lacked the end pass/shoot, and played deeper than usually. Moved the ball in the middle of the pitch.

Below average for me. :)

A.l.i
03 Mar 12, 08:52
Will surely be on the bench today. Will work greatly or will cost CR his job.

"European media hard on Sneijder"
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.fcinter1908.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D46680&usg=ALkJrhiYbx5nVRFsILwtn2QcFrs3kSJvKw

IRR26
03 Mar 12, 12:37
It´s funny how Sneijder stays fit when he doesnt play well. In 09-10 season he had almost every other week somekind of minor injury.

I dont wish he gets injured but it would be interesting if that happens and we suddenly start winning again.

Juve
04 Mar 12, 18:27
Such a waste of talent :palm:

A.l.i
04 Mar 12, 19:34
Have not liked him myself these past 3 months. Waste of talent ??? Its not as if all blame goes to others except himself. Even Milito has better stats on him than Sneijder.

Nyall
04 Mar 12, 20:54
Hope his benching continues.. He's yet to show any of that world class quality he's supposed to have.. His bitching also leaves a TON to be desired..

Forlan hasn't been any better but at least he shows that he wants to be here..

Inter7
04 Mar 12, 21:43
yet assisted the first goal??

Me2
04 Mar 12, 21:55
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0djcvyfFd1ql8yg5o5_400.jpg

Nyall
04 Mar 12, 22:03
Forlan and bad goalkeeping made that a goal.. not Sneijder..

interista1982
04 Mar 12, 23:05
Forlan and bad goalkeeping made that a goal.. not Sneijder..
o come on dude what did forlan do in first half zero nothing zip and then snijder obi and poli comes in and we saw what happened

Nyall
05 Mar 12, 00:17
o come on dude what did forlan do in first half zero nothing zip and then snijder obi and poli comes in and we saw what happened
poli and obi, not sneijder..

Nerazzurri_Ninja
05 Mar 12, 00:41
Sneijder & Poli, Obi actually seemed out of place to me imo he belongs on the wing.

Cambiasso is still a must have defensivly and we still have Gaurin waiting to debut.

Nyall
05 Mar 12, 00:46
Sneijder & Poli, Obi actually seemed out of place to me imo he belongs on the wing.

Cambiasso is still a must have defensivly and we still have Gaurin waiting to debut.
:palm:

Obi belongs in the center and today he showed why... but then again you think Zarate should be a stater so I really don't think you actually mean for any of us to take your posts seriously, anyway.:yao:

The_Eradicator
05 Mar 12, 01:37

Your kidding right did you even see the game? There was nothing special about Sneijder's pass to Forlan except it went forward and actually hit it's mark. Forlan had a very difficult angle to work with and defenders right in his face, he did it all himself. I bet just because goal.com say it is an "assist"...:palm:

Nerazzurri_Ninja
05 Mar 12, 02:08
:palm:

Obi belongs in the center and today he showed why... but then again you think Zarate should be a stater so I really don't think you actually mean for any of us to take your posts seriously, anyway.:yao:

Against mediocre catania you think he showed that he belongs in midfield.

The reason we let up goals:

Palombo doesnt belong on the field just like Stankovic who should be emergency players.

Poli despite performance after performance is continually benched for Palombo or Stankovic

We had no attacking threat beacause he played 3 targetmen with no playmaker and DMs in midfield.

Nagatomo should have started at LB where he is comfortable and always plays even for Japan.

SNEIJDER WAS ON THE BENCH, he acquires extra attention because he is one of the best playmakers in the world when he is played in the middle of the field.

You shouldnt be taken seriously if you believe Obi makes a better midfielder than winged player, he has no passing ability or positional sense. Do you think the fact that he came in with 30 minutes left against a tired team along with a player that should have been on the field the whole game had nothing to do with his performance. He left gaps and holes in the midfield that could of led to quick counters and game over. You think thats gona fly against better teams? Poli knows how to position, distribute the ball, read the game in order to assist teammates. There is a huge diff between the two.

Poli is the player who along with Sneijder made all the diff, if anyone else is supposed to be in midfield it would be Gaurin when he is healthy. Obi belongs outwide creating space and oppurtunity for creative players like Sneijder and Poli to exploit.

Bill
05 Mar 12, 02:24
Shut up.

Inter7
05 Mar 12, 07:18
Your kidding right did you even see the game? There was nothing special about Sneijder's pass to Forlan except it went forward and actually hit it's mark. Forlan had a very difficult angle to work with and defenders right in his face, he did it all himself. I bet just because goal.com say it is an "assist"...:palm:

really like really did you see the game?? did you?? did you see how shit this team was in the first half?? wes was one of our best players in the second half and oh yea he is probably the only person on this team that can pass a ball to a person in front him. i cant wait till he leaves and then everyone will bitch about how we sold him... i agree no player is bigger then the team but you play your stars cause even if they play bad they demand respect and take defenders/ open space

A.l.i
05 Mar 12, 08:12
So what if Sneijder made the 1st assist or assumed that he did ?? He'll be sold this summer = It is a given and I for one won't think twice before doing it.

Olyzzerz
05 Mar 12, 08:16
Sneijder wont be sold next summer, who would buy him srsly ?!

He aint you and he is the most injured player in Europe.

rishabh16
05 Mar 12, 08:33
I seriously don't understand the mood of some of the folks here regarding Sneijder.

To me it reeks of lack of ambition. Try putting yourself in Sneijder's shoes, the Sneijder who has been European player of the year not so long ago but often gets to hear how Ranieri doesn't know how to fit him in his tactically inept line-up. And in a match like yesterdays Ranieri decides to bench the only player who can create chances and chooses a Palombo-Cambiasso combination instead.

If I were Sneijder I would've felt quite shit about it, let alone feeling shit about the dreadful form the team is in and how staying at Inter might have been the shittiest decision made in his professional career. Have a look at what Motta said.

Wake up guys! We aren't champions anymore! Nobody is going to want to come to our club unless they're looking for a stunning retirement package! If we aren't careful we will soon become a Lecce or equivalent.

Sometimes I feel that some people on here are just afraid that Sneijder might walk out on his own and are trying to pre-empt that by acting as if they are the ones who wanted him out in the first place. Hilarious. Wanted the same for Ibrahimovic, Balotelli, Eto'o and Motta as well did you?

I remember all those Balotelli haters, and I hated what he did off the field as well, but he certainly isn't doing a bad job at City now is he? It's just sickening, the feeling that some of these so called "Interistas" have little to no ambitions anymore, quite like Moratti.

A.l.i
05 Mar 12, 09:15
Sneijder wont be sold next summer, who would buy him srsly ?!

He aint you and he is the most injured player in Europe.

Anzhi, Chelsea, Malaga. There are options.

I4E
05 Mar 12, 09:23
Anzhi, Chelsea, Malaga. There are options.

P.S.G, Man City .... :work:

Mr.X
05 Mar 12, 09:27
Sneijder and Youlanthe invited Boateng and his girlfriend Melissa Sata for Dinner.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/420507_329800083722880_1304091583_n.jpg

Darren
05 Mar 12, 09:31
Rishab got it spot on.

I know Sneijder will be sold in the summer, but I am very much against it. Don't understand why so many here want him gone.

In any other team with decent team-mates, coach and management Wes would be playing like a star. He is a WORLD-CLASS player, are people forgetting this?

You want want him sold just like our other stars? 30M and then we get two crap players and one youngster? Or no replacement at all? You people do realise that is what will happen don't you? Just like it happened with all those other stars.

I know people hate his attitude but I would be pretty pissed too if I was constantly misused by every coach for the last two years. And was told that my club wanted to sell me. Then told that I am 'the star, the one that can make difference'. Then put on bench. Then used in different position constantly. Then everyone says 'Sneijder is not a problem, he is a great champion' then put on bench again. etc etc.

What ever happened to building a team around him? Getting some support for him so he can play effectively? No, let's just sell him and replace him with our new trequartista, Kucka

Juve
05 Mar 12, 13:42
I love watching Sneijder play for you these past 2 seasons. Most of the time he is in the "what the fuck am i doing here" mode :D

Seriously, how can a player like wesley not fit into the genious ruineri's system?

A.l.i
05 Mar 12, 17:04
Seriously, how can a player like wesley not fit into the genious ruineri's system?

He's a former Juve coach, you would know better.

Starmo4
05 Mar 12, 17:58
http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7606073/wrong-wesley-sneijder-michael-cox

I4E
05 Mar 12, 18:04
http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7606073/wrong-wesley-sneijder-michael-cox

Thats a good article. Has some great points on Mourinho and how motivation can get the best out of even average players.

Devious
05 Mar 12, 19:00
Yes, it`s what I called the Mourinho code. check the writers` section.

I think we should sell Sneijder, and we certainly must loan both Milito and Pazzini out, and I suggest selling Pazzini, he`s been so useless, I also believe that selling Cambiasso and Lucio in the sumer would be perfect. Then we`ll be ready to finally offload Maicon who should have left last year already! I think he can still get us some good cash. and finally, looking how shit Cesar has performed.. conceeding dozens of goals in 2-3 matches, it should be the end of the road for him.. I heared Porto and PSG are interested, so it wont be a problem getting ride of him. And Zarate should go home.

And we`ll buy some new faces as subs.. must not cost..

Finally this should be our perfect team next year:

------------------------Viviano----------------------
Faraoni-------Samuel----------Rannochia-------Nagatomo
----------------Poli----------------Obi-----------------
-------------------------Coutinho----------------------
Alvarez------------------------------------------Forlan
------------------------Castaignos--------------------

Inter is ready for the next treble baby!

skyline1908
05 Mar 12, 19:07
:serious:

Your "team" look just ridiculous.

Devious
05 Mar 12, 19:10
Thank you! :)

nerazzurri4life
05 Mar 12, 20:08
Rubbish article tbh. Spent 1/2 the article jacking off to Jose (typical english media) and spent the other 1/2 writing rubbish that makes no sense.

First fallacy comes with analyzing WC2010. Wesley was boss. He tries to downplay Wes' contribution by focusing on goals, when in fact, it was his general distribution and playmaking that made his WC2010 boss.

The Netherlands reached the final, but its No. 10 did very little playmaking for a playmaker.

Really? Like that defense splitting through ball to Robben for a clear as day 1-on-1 chance that robben squandered?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn1qR763tGg

Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit man.

In 2009-10, he was absolutely superb by pulling the strings between the lines, and creating chances for Diego Milito, Samuel Eto'o and Goran Pandev. When used further forward in European competition, he prompted the counterattacks
Firstly, no shit sherlock. In Europe, we primarily played counter. Wes' role was to sit in those spaces and move the ball quickly. However, it's not like Wes during treble year was providing assist after assist and constant through balls like is being suggested. Couple of incisive plays per game and that's it. He's not and never was a riquelme/van der vaart type player. His game is based on speed of play.

After finishing joint top of the World Cup goal-scoring charts, Sneijder now seems to think he's a goal scorer. His shots-per-game rate has risen from 2.42 in 2009-10, to 3.38 in 2010-11, to 3.80 in 2011-12.
Really? I hope you guys realize how INSIGNIFICANT this statistic is in proving his point. We're talking about ONE extra shot per game.

Here's more foolishness....
Why write this

He complained about his role after the World Cup: "I got frustrated under Benitez. … He wanted me to play as a striker," by which he meant high up the pitch behind another forward. But then, Sneijder doesn't want to play much deeper, either. "I don't like playing in central midfield at all," he said elsewhere. "I like to be further forward closer to goal … better a second striker than a central midfielder." It all seems very confused, and the likelihood is that Sneijder is trying to shift the blame onto his managers when he's simply been playing poorly.

only to follow it up with this:

In fairness, Sneijder does say that his preferred position is behind two strikers, in a 4-3-1-2.

Pretty stupid if you ask me. All that text for nothing. Sneijder likes to play AM; not forward and not CM. Not rocket science and again, how is this a knock against sneijder?

Here we go again:

That shape has been tried by Claudio Ranieri this season, but the problem with that system is that it places so much of the creative burden on one player, Sneijder.

That's called looking at the situation with complete disregard for the other positions. Even in our prime (and wes' prime) in 09/10, we relied on 4 players for the attack; Milito, eto'o, Wes, Maicon. All 4 in tip top form. Lot's of off-the-ball movement. Synchronized movements. Now we don't have eto'o and have milito and maicon in probably the worst form of their entire career. Playmakers make plays for others, not play by themselves. Wes is not Messi.

So no. Saying that the 4-3-1-2 system relies on Wes to be the sole creative force is patently false. Nothing is wrong with the system. What is wrong is that we have is an incompetent coach who cannot coach the system properly or more precisely, simply prefers to operate a 4-4-2.

There's a brilliant player somewhere in Wesley Sneijder, but his current form barely justifies a place in the Inter side, let alone at the heart of it.

This is just plain stupid. Anybody with a 1/2 a brain can see immediate, and i mean, IMMEDIATE improvement in terms of midfield control, precision, and ball distribution the minute Wes comes on. He is not on his top form, but truth is ZERO of Inter players are in top form. ZERO. When NONE of your players are in form, then you have to look at the manager.

The truth is that during this entire Ranieiri tenure, we've played a grand total of TWO decent-good matches; and both came against Parma and Lecce. EVERY single other game has been a struggle. Every one of them. I cannot even remember ONCE where the coach gets the lineup right with the right group of players. He has ensured his reputation as "tinkerman" is held up.

Sneijder will be gone in the summer unless we bring in a big name manager. When he is gone and performing for his new team (and will be performing in Euros this summer), all this shit will be for the birds.

And go figure, the article is written by the zonalmarking dude. :lol:

snake
05 Mar 12, 20:51
n4l...you should have known better than to sit there and read that article ;)

I4E
06 Mar 12, 01:28
Who cares about the rest of the article. The points on Mourinho are whats interesting tbh :work:

Handoyo
06 Mar 12, 08:31
That article was complete rubbish and the typical know-it-all attitude from the English media who has probably only watches Sneijder's matches in the CL, and paraphrase numbers & stats found on Wikipedia.

Devious
06 Mar 12, 09:07
http:///www.soccer24-7.com/forum/images/smilies/scared0016.gif

Batman
06 Mar 12, 14:34
You guys want Sneijder to play well when he is surrounded by shit passers like Cambiasso, Zanetti, Stankovic and shit receiver like Pazzo?

Mad Biscione
06 Mar 12, 14:41
Oh, so they're the reason he's sucks at set pieces lately? He fell off.

Batman
06 Mar 12, 14:50
Oh, so they're the reason he's sucks at set pieces lately? He fell off.Yeah at free kicks you mean? Yeah maybe right, but he is still a beast at corner kicks and long free kicks, he still can cross well, I forgot to say that actually he is not the player he was, his form has dropped surely, but he is still class.. I'm very sure with a great coach who can motivate him and the team, he could do a lot better..

Pajo
06 Mar 12, 15:03
Every other player we have can do better, under better coach that can motivate them.. not just Sneijder.

Uncommon
06 Mar 12, 15:18
You guys want Sneijder to play well when he is surrounded by shit passers like Cambiasso, Zanetti, Stankovic and shit receiver like Pazzo?

Actually Zanetti's pass success percentage is the highest in Inter and Stankovic is close behind Zanetti :trollol: and Cambiasso is not far behind Stankovic. But they lack the final ball so those % are pretty useless.

Batman
06 Mar 12, 15:30
Actually Zanetti's pass success percentage is the highest in Inter and Stankovic is close behind Zanetti :trollol: and Cambiasso is not far behind Stankovic. But they lack the final ball so those % are pretty useless.Yup, they are our main midfielders so it's obvious that they have the highest percentage :lol: It doesnt matter actually whether the pass succeed or not, what matter more is how accurate the pass is, they usually gave him awful passes, and how many times Cambiasso and Sneijder miss passing each others..

nerazzurri4life
06 Mar 12, 15:31
The problem for sneijder is not other people that can pass, but rather players that make runs. He is a playmaker in that he MAKES PLAYS FOR OTHERS.

As I posted before, in treble year, we only attacked with 4, but the off the ball movement of Milito and Eto'o (and maicon with his late runs) was simply incredible. Milito used to constantly check, fake check, angled runs e.t.c Eto'o would do pretty much the same.

Wes cannot make incisive passes if players are not making incisive runs.

In our last game, it was clear as day. After Forlan's goal, the team became very energized. There were a couple of times we won the ball back in our defensive third and went off on a counter attack. Watch that 2nd half again and you'll see. Wes gets the ball and is looking up, looking for that pass. What is pazzo doing? Nothing but running in a straight fucking line with a defender. All Pazzo does is run to the top of the fuckin box; no angled run, no fake check then sprint behind, nothing. He saw Wes getting the ball and turned his head toward goal and started running in a straight line. Then Wes makes a touch, looks up again. Where is milito? Doing much of the same as Pazzo. Then Wes touches the ball AGAIN and looks wide right to see if Zanetti is surging forward. Where is Zanetti? Fuckin ball watching and jogging slowly in OUR HALF. Then Wes touches the ball AGAIN (4TH TOUCH ON A COUNTER :palm:), looks to his left and passes it off to Forlan.

The same shit happened like 3 times in the 2nd half. Fuckin ridiculous. I couldn't believe it tbh. I just kept wondering, what the fuck is ranieiri doing in practice? Is he doing any offensive training at all? Patterned moves? Anything at all? Fuck. I mean, under mancini, our attack had a pattern to it. Under mourinho, same shit. Combinations, off-the-ball movements. Hell, even under Leo, there was a pattern of switching play, overlapping runs, crosses into the box e.t.c. Under ranieiri, who the fuck knows what is going on? We are fuckin clueless in attack. The only pattern Ranieiri knows is "defender play long ball to strikers" :palm:

CafeCordoba
06 Mar 12, 15:34
Actually Zanetti's pass success percentage is the highest in Inter and Stankovic is close behind Zanetti :trollol: and Cambiasso is not far behind Stankovic. But they lack the final ball so those % are pretty useless.

Those statistics means NOTHING in this case. These players you mentioned are shitty passers when it comes to playing with Sneijder. Playing with Sneijder means playing fast, instant tick-tack passes, one touch and you've passed the ball to your teammate. Accurately and fast. Then you move and look for space so that you can offer yourself as a "free player" for the ballholder. Zanetti, Stankovic and Cambiasso can't do that. Their technical ability and movement isn't up to the task. Cambiasso tries to play faster time to time, and even succeeds in that sometimes, but his movement fails him.

These guys gets their passing percentages high by keeping the ball and passing it around in the midfield when there isn't that much pressure. The area where Sneijder plays, there comes the pressure to the ballholder and the former mentioned players fail immediately if they try passing (because it requires more time for them to execute a successful pass).

edit. Great point n4l. Movement is the biggest issue in this team, the lack of it. I've been shouting about it for the last 5 years or something. In that magnificent trebel year, it wasn't a problem, specially in CL where Sneijder was fantastic. Precisely because of the movement around him which allowed him to use his best abilities and excel.

Universe
06 Mar 12, 15:43
Regarding Sneijder's poor free kicking form of late, I can't say I blame him. As others have said, he's surrounded by retards and coached by a retard and therefore tries to do everything by himself, to his detriment and that of the team.

When taking a free kick he no doubt feels that same pressure that he must score because everyone else is completely inept. Therefore it is my opinion that he simply fails to deal with the weight of the team (and fans) on his shoulders, which is amplified and focused even further upon him when he goes to take a free kick.

Native
06 Mar 12, 16:44
The problem for sneijder is not other people that can pass, but rather players that make runs. He is a playmaker in that he MAKES PLAYS FOR OTHERS.

As I posted before, in treble year, we only attacked with 4, but the off the ball movement of Milito and Eto'o (and maicon with his late runs) was simply incredible. Milito used to constantly check, fake check, angled runs e.t.c Eto'o would do pretty much the same.

Wes cannot make incisive passes if players are not making incisive runs.

In our last game, it was clear as day. After Forlan's goal, the team became very energized. There were a couple of times we won the ball back in our defensive third and went off on a counter attack. Watch that 2nd half again and you'll see. Wes gets the ball and is looking up, looking for that pass. What is pazzo doing? Nothing but running in a straight fucking line with a defender. All Pazzo does is run to the top of the fuckin box; no angled run, no fake check then sprint behind, nothing. He saw Wes getting the ball and turned his head toward goal and started running in a straight line. Then Wes makes a touch, looks up again. Where is milito? Doing much of the same as Pazzo. Then Wes touches the ball AGAIN and looks wide right to see if Zanetti is surging forward. Where is Zanetti? Fuckin ball watching and jogging slowly in OUR HALF. Then Wes touches the ball AGAIN (4TH TOUCH ON A COUNTER :palm:), looks to his left and passes it off to Forlan.

The same shit happened like 3 times in the 2nd half. Fuckin ridiculous. I couldn't believe it tbh. I just kept wondering, what the fuck is ranieiri doing in practice? Is he doing any offensive training at all? Patterned moves? Anything at all? Fuck. I mean, under mancini, our attack had a pattern to it. Under mourinho, same shit. Combinations, off-the-ball movements. Hell, even under Leo, there was a pattern of switching play, overlapping runs, crosses into the box e.t.c. Under ranieiri, who the fuck knows what is going on? We are fuckin clueless in attack. The only pattern Ranieiri knows is "defender play long ball to strikers" :palm:
Which is exactly why he should NOT be benched! And yes Nyall, he bitches a lot, I remember him bitching with Pazzini, and I think nerazzurri4life's explained perfectly shows why, but for that reason he has every right to bitch! Pazzo is simply WAY too selfish on the pitch. These are the things that need to change.

He shouldn't be benched because his teammates can't play. They should improve instead, to make it work again. But I don't see that happen without a new coach, unfortunately, again... By saying you want Sneijder benched every game 'cause he's bitching you're only ignorantly bitching yourself.

His free kicks, passes, they will come back... They will come back when he hits form, like Milito, he will be the monster we remember him to be. I just doubt that's gonna happen under Claudio R. Also Universe made a good point regarding this.

Devious
07 Mar 12, 09:06
Sneijder is an attacking midfielder, Cambiasso is half-defener.

Cambiasso cant score goals, and he is not helping the team in attack, Inter is not winning!!.. so It`s Cambiasso`s fault.
Sneijder cant score goals, and he is not helping the team in attack, and we are not winning!!.. no no, it`s Ranieri`s fault.

Interisti logic. :palm:

rfU
07 Mar 12, 09:20
Cambiasso cant score goalsfind me a DMF with more goals last two seasons.

Wes cannot make incisive passes if players are not making incisive runs. :thumbsup:

The same shit happened like 3 times in the 2nd half. Fuckin ridiculous. I couldn't believe it tbh. I just kept wondering, what the fuck is ranieiri doing in practice? Is he doing any offensive training at all? Patterned moves? Anything at all? Fuck. I mean, under mancini, our attack had a pattern to it. Under mourinho, same shit. Combinations, off-the-ball movements. Hell, even under Leo, there was a pattern of switching play, overlapping runs, crosses into the box e.t.c.Players are older, don't have the legs or stamina. Not much Raineri can do about that, is there.

I4E
07 Mar 12, 09:52
Just out of curiosity, how many goals has Pazzini scored ( since he joined Inter ) from outside of the box ? Taking away the one-on-one situations when Inter countered.

I can't recall Pazzini even at Sampdoria being very mobile outside of the box. Just looks for the ball well inside the box.

Makes it very difficult for Wes to play a ball into him especially with a crowded box.

dynasty27
07 Mar 12, 11:06
Regarding Sneijder's poor free kicking form of late, I can't say I blame him. As others have said, he's surrounded by retards and coached by a retard and therefore tries to do everything by himself, to his detriment and that of the team.

When taking a free kick he no doubt feels that same pressure that he must score because everyone else is completely inept. Therefore it is my opinion that he simply fails to deal with the weight of the team (and fans) on his shoulders, which is amplified and focused even further upon him when he goes to take a free kick.That would be a big issue if an experienced and our most gifted player suffers from psychological brain damage. Obviously he's human and we cannot know for sure what's going on through his mind when e.g. taking a free kick, but he has to embrace moments like this when all eyes are on him no matter the circumstances. As useless as some of his teammates are, it doesn't really make things better when Wesley also crumbles under pressure.

monster09
07 Mar 12, 11:29
As useless as some of his teammates are, it doesn't really make things better when Wesley also crumbles under pressure.

Imo its not crumbling under pressure, its about the players movement around you. Players are way too static and I dont think any midfielder can create when players are not making runs and stand like a pole in the D box.

Devious
07 Mar 12, 11:38
find me a DMF with more goals last two seasons.

I fail to understand the reason for lads who keep misinterpret my obvious sarcasim.

Anyway, our problem is so obvious, and the solution is more than clear, we need a midfielder who can run with and without the ball. can make a duet between him and Cambiasso when it comes to defense, and more importantly can duet with Sneijder in attack which we need more. we need a classy one who knows what he`s doing and not a fuckin amature.

Three years for crying out loud we`ve been begging for that kind of player and he never comes. and instead we blam everyone on the field for not playing well where it`s not their fault, there is an obvious missing link. like a car that no one can drive because there is no driving wheel. we have a good engine HP, and incredible steering system, and a solid airbags security system, a car that has won the freaken grand prix for fuck sake! but no one can link the car with a driver so the car is a piece of fucken uselss junk specially if you know that the driver is setting in the car and waving "wasaaaaaa" smoking hasheesh with a clumsy stupid smile on his face answering every question about why the car never worked with the dumb ass answer of "dont ask me, Im just the driver :yao: "

Im hoping the Gurin will be our solution. otherwise, the Poli and Obi still have years to become the core of a team who is battling on 3 different top class competitions (soon to become only 2 that if you consider Tim cup a top one ofcourse).

Macktk
13 Mar 12, 22:24
I'll say this one more time:

Useless!

Mad Biscione
13 Mar 12, 22:26
turn back time, sell Sneijder, keep Eto'o

Luciorun
13 Mar 12, 22:30
I would have actually kept him on today might have scored one of those fk's stankovic was never scoring from them

Universe
13 Mar 12, 22:33
turn back time, sell Sneijder, keep Eto'o

Keep both, don't hire Gasperini, don't replace Oriali, etc etc etc

Bruce007
14 Mar 12, 00:56
it's not fair to blame sneijder alone, all of moral of the team is collapsed based series of events cause by bad decision , the first scapegoat should be moratti for slow to react and bad decisions, second for branca for bad transfers, the third is the coach, and the last are the players

Fitzy
14 Mar 12, 04:56
Delete

Il Divin Codino
14 Mar 12, 05:09
I would have actually kept him on today might have scored one of those fk's stankovic was never scoring from them

He was injured.... and no, I don't think he would had scored :(

FCBarca
14 Mar 12, 11:33
What's the consensus on Wes' drop in form?...Is it all down to being repeatedly injured only?...He looked a very different player to me in that friendly with England

vitomins
14 Mar 12, 11:46
What's the consensus on Wes' drop in form?...Is it all down to being repeatedly injured only?...He looked a very different player to me in that friendly with England

I think the fact that he has been surrounded by shit players has led to his drop in form. It is very hard to be a successful playmaker when you are surrounded by players that cannot finish off plays.

Tanel
14 Mar 12, 11:52
If you are surrounded by shit it is hard to get into form or gain confidence.

If he is sold this summer on Inter's iniative, then I will fully congratulate our board for achieving retardness level 10000+. I think he has been made somewhat of a scapegoat, but for me he is a victim of our crisis.

The playres around him aren't doing their job. He has no passing options, opponents can put 2-3 men on him at most times because other Inter players offer no threat because their touch, physicality is poor or they can't get up fast enough.

If he wants to leave, I don't blame him for choosing not to waste the last 2-3 years at the very highest level with our shambles which according to Ranieri needs to restructured (it's mind-boggling how fucking stupid people on top of the club seem to be). If he is willing to stay, then don't sell him, unless a truely crazy offer comes (which won't happen).

FCBarca
14 Mar 12, 12:14
He didn't look very good for Oranje either though...Something seems off with him...Has he possibly peaked already?...Or is he going through some physical or emotional issues?

Bruce007
14 Mar 12, 12:24
He didn't look very good for Oranje either though...Something seems off with him...Has he possibly peaked already?...Or is he going through some physical or emotional issues?

what wes performance is normal, there's up and down ,look how bad milito in argentina squad in the last world cup, it clearly physicological aspect that happens in many players like torres or eto'o when the first time he arrived at inter. pirlo, seedorf at inter was similar with wes now, but after moving to ac milan u know what happened, even if messi came to inter, could be worse like wes did, the atmosphere of team is not supported.

b4h4mooth
14 Mar 12, 12:28
Short, awfull freekicks, easy to fall, MR. GRUMPY . - SELL HIM-

Pajo
14 Mar 12, 12:29
Being in shit form for Inter is crucial for his play even in Holland. You can't expect him to suck here, and raise his form in Holland. There are the injuries as well, being misused by Ranieri, surrounded by shit players whos off the ball suck, and that's it.

Besnik
14 Mar 12, 12:31
Well, I'd like to keep him and instead of selling him, it would be better to bring more quality in the team, but if we could replace him properly and wisely then I won't mind for a considerable price.

But then again, we deeply lack of quality so it would be better to bring some more quality players, and besides he's still young compared to other players we have.

Batman
14 Mar 12, 15:12
I also want him to stay, doubt he wants though..

Dylan
14 Mar 12, 16:51
He probably doesn't really care about Inter, he loved Mourinho so much and alot of his feelings towards Inter were purely from Mou.

If we sell him in the summer, 90% chance tbh, then we'll get max 25 million for him. With that 25 million we'll sign 2-3 absolutely average players and we're set for another AVERAGE season.

For Wes's sake, I hope he goes. He's too talented.

junior55
14 Mar 12, 17:20
What is this BS he's too talented for inter and other shit like this..
Since when did he become more important than inter.
He is a fucking professional player and The fucking most paid football player of our team. Only by combining this 2 factors you have more than enough reasons to provide quality in the pitch.
He should be the one that is responsible to make the team play better , he should drible at least a defender/game , he should at least deliver a great through ball/game and he should at least make a fucking shot on the target/game. If he doesn't do any of this than there is no reason to blame Alvarez , Cambiasso or Zanetti and give him the possibility to have fun on Twitter with his lover....

If you don't train in a professional way than it's obvious that you won't have the right fitness to run down your opponent or have the agility to play the game as you want to.

Il Divin Codino
14 Mar 12, 18:48
For me is a combination of poor form and bad tactics. For Sneijder to shine he has to be surrounded by our players, give him options to pass the ball, with our current tactics he has 1 or 2 options, and usually one of them man-marked. His best game was against Catania, he had Pazzini, Forlan and Milito to distribute, and at his back were Poli and Obi. He looked great that game, now imagine how would he look with better wingers?

He has been in poor form, his free kicks have become completely useless and all, but tactics are not helping him either, in the treble it worked out because Milito was on fire and we had Eto'o, but with our current strikers Sneijder's impact is close to 0, and with our slow midfield is even worse cause he doesn't help in defense.

I still hope he stays and we build the team around him. But right now unless we play with 3 strikers like against Catania then the best is probably to bench him.

frashed
15 Mar 12, 00:08
What is this BS he's too talented for inter and other shit like this..
Since when did he become more important than inter.
He is a fucking professional player and The fucking most paid football player of our team. Only by combining this 2 factors you have more than enough reasons to provide quality in the pitch.
He should be the one that is responsible to make the team play better , he should drible at least a defender/game , he should at least deliver a great through ball/game and he should at least make a fucking shot on the target/game. If he doesn't do any of this than there is no reason to blame Alvarez , Cambiasso or Zanetti and give him the possibility to have fun on Twitter with his lover....

If you don't train in a professional way than it's obvious that you won't have the right fitness to run down your opponent or have the agility to play the game as you want to.

A lot of assumptions there.

How can you expect him to lift the whole team? A team which clearly lacks the legs and creativity to work FOR him with probably the worst off the ball movement in europe right now. All of your 'requests' require him to be played in an advanced role with space being created for him by the other players. He needs time on the ball, he needs 2 consistent forwards to give him options, he needs players to be running around him creating space. Any trequartista would struggle in this piece of shit team right now - fact. A deep lying playmaker, on the other hand, would probably work wonders... but we just don't have that option, hence Stankovic pumping balls up the field from our half.

Ed.
15 Mar 12, 10:31
Being in shit form for Inter is crucial for his play even in Holland. You can't expect him to suck here, and raise his form in Holland. There are the injuries as well, being misused by Ranieri, surrounded by shit players whos off the ball suck, and that's it.

Isn't that what Forlan does?

Pajo
15 Mar 12, 12:16
Nope, he has sucked for Uruguay in his last few matches as well. Or didn't play because of his injuries.

Macktk
15 Mar 12, 12:28
I think the fact that he has been surrounded by shit players has led to his drop in form. It is very hard to be a successful playmaker when you are surrounded by players that cannot finish off plays.

I think in order to be a successful playmaker, you have to touch the ball first. And after you touch it you should make a decent pass to the offense who are supposed to finish off the balls.
All what Wes is missing at the moment is getting anywhere near the ball. If he's capable of pulling off this incredibly hard task, we'll rule Europe.

Stop making him excuses. When he's on the field, he's practically non-existent. Yes, Raneiri's tactics are shit and they're helping absolutely no one on the team. But Wes has been absolutely horrible. His contributions are 0 and it has been so for many many matches now.

Anyhow, It is crucial to sack CR now so that we can see how all players perform under a different manager. Then we can replace the ones who continue to underperform and keep the ones who regain their best form.

Il Divin Codino
15 Mar 12, 17:41
Anyone know how much time will it take for him to recover? Inter.it says he has a rectus femoris strain in his right thigh

Kenny
15 Mar 12, 17:54
An injury like that usually takes 1-4 weeks to heal.

apahllo
15 Mar 12, 23:34
whats this about a nod to milan.
total bs i hope. just go man u. they will pay 25 and we can get other players.

id rather give other players a chance then have him sucking the life out of our team.

Kakaroto
15 Mar 12, 23:42
I just saw that. I'd rather sell him to Ascoli for a sack of balls than BBilan.

Michael
16 Mar 12, 00:36
Must be slow news day.

I4E
16 Mar 12, 00:38
Must be slow news day.

:thumbsup:

Sir0w
16 Mar 12, 00:48
He probably doesn't really care about Inter, he loved Mourinho so much and alot of his feelings towards Inter were purely from Mou.

If we sell him in the summer, 90% chance tbh, then we'll get max 25 million for him. With that 25 million we'll sign 2-3 absolutely average players and we're set for another AVERAGE season.

For Wes's sake, I hope he goes. He's too talented.

If he didnt care about Inter he would be wearing the Zenith jersey right now.. in Dutch interviews he always said he didnt want to leave because the club is family and loves the city

skyline1908
16 Mar 12, 01:42
He will stay only with a right coach, and project. Such as Capello..

Edward
16 Mar 12, 01:51
it's tempting to say he should just leave because of his performances. he's utter shit atm. but you can't single him out and act like his form isn't going to ever be better. minus a few players our entire team is shit and awful, so the squad as a whole is obviously fucked up. sneijder's proven he can't do an eto and be a star performer in our crap team... but really how many players can do an eto with us? i think it's less than what people would think

in conclusion we should at least fix our shitty team a bit before we get rid of someone who was at one time a great performer for us

also on a side note, the "lack of motivation" thing is bs imo. he's always one of the most intense players on the pitch so i don't see how anyone who watches him could say that. he's channeling his efforts into the wrong things on the pitch, but he's still showing effort

Nyall
16 Mar 12, 02:13
Dafuq?! This guy's injured again..

:palm: Summer can't come soon enough..

ADRossi
16 Mar 12, 02:40
Dafuq?! This guy's injured again..

:palm: Summer can't come soon enough..

Word. I just want Moratti to blow this thing up already.

Edward
16 Mar 12, 06:05
i actually forgot how often sneijder's injured haha. i take back some of what i said :oblivious: