PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Sneijder

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Mino
10 Nov 12, 10:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6UM2nJcwto
:trollol:

man this movie is a legend
the funniest movie in the history
LMAO in every single second of it
and this scene may be related with this thread
dyna may love it

Aurimas
10 Nov 12, 11:30
there are some speculations about this twitter thing.

It is believed, that Inter didn't like, that Sneijder announced his departure for USA. It seems that clubs want to keep in secret the journeys of the players, because it can make the damage on the prestige of the club (like, Sneijder goes to USA, because Inter's doctors suck).

well, this could have been the real problem, imo. Because it would be totally stupid to ban for tweets like "I had a great training session", "I hope to play again soon", "it was a great game yesterday", "Forza Inter", "Amala".

Also Strama was asked about this, and he said that these regulations were decided this year, together with Cordoba. He also said, that other players has been banned too.

Sorry, but it's still a bullshit. The news of the ban of Sneijder were all over the football news sites. We seem like a club from North Korea or something.

I am not using twitter, and sometimes it seems a little bit weird for me how players are tweeting some non-sense everyday. But the same Sneijder had a lot of followers, so that means, it was important for a lot of people (who knows, maybe in this way he was attracting new fans).

I would understand if they tweeted on the trainings. But on their free time... i don't know, communications through the social network are important these days, and club should be ok that players are doing this.

Again, imo, Inter made more damage with the ban, than Sneijder with his tweets for the prestige of the club. And i really hope, it's not the way to get rid of him.

nurko
10 Nov 12, 11:38
What do you think of the story of Twitter and Sneijder?
year agreement with the team manager Cordoba we have established a regulation not divulge, decided by me. You can not make judgments on our team or on time, unless authorized by the communication by the coach or team manager. This is because we need to communicate from the outside in a certain way. You know Sneijder, but other players have been fined already. And 'our thing inside and it tutelo our privacy policy, there are no secrets.

Mudingayi should be fined for that regulation were talking about ...
In fact it was not. He was very down. He stopped at the right moment. Maximum solidarity, only that he made ​​a mistake because he first tweeted and then referred to us. These are things that must first be established in the locker room.

Strama: http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=97503

..and the same interview in proper English: http://www.football-italia.net/27122/strama-no-typical-inter

dynasty27
10 Nov 12, 13:55
The power of this thing called Twatter huh. You make valid points, but here's the point you didn't bring up. Moratti is a very very creepy person obviously. Of course he made himself a personal account and started following... Yolanthe in the first place. The stuff that she tweets about Sneijder is assanine and will get him in trouble. You know it and I know it. Things like posing and teaming up with Team Paris and Team Tiesto, it's going viral.

MANTA
10 Nov 12, 14:45
To be honest, Sneijder is the only player on the club whose twitter makes me facepalm sometimes. He is out injured for a 1/3 of every season, and during that time we get a ton of pictures of him in night clubs hanging out with Paris Hilton.

Again, I don't see Sneijder with much of a future in our club, so I am all for selling him, but I doubt there will be huge interest in the winter transfer market. Especially not from Man U. Also, I don't think Yolanthe would want to live in Manchester. Even Lucas didn't want to go to Manchester.

.h.
10 Nov 12, 14:52
United need a midfielder like him

ForzaInterUSA
10 Nov 12, 16:53
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/11/unyru8ab.jpg

Solfice
10 Nov 12, 16:55
Meh, it's more like Strama and Cordoba than MM. :D

CafeCordoba
10 Nov 12, 17:56
Totally agree with the club about Twitter. Players are not generally the most sharp persons so banning twittering is just a damage control method. Club is paying these guys millions or hundreds of thousands of euros, so I think those euros should ease the pain caused by the Twitter ban.

The Wall
10 Nov 12, 18:09
Wow, Inter, just wow....''new rules regarding twitter''... Seriously?:trollol:

1)Professional athletes all around the world using twitter has become a part of the new culture. Yeah, it's sometimes annoying as hell but it's just their thing. I can't really tell if Inter did this just to piss Sneijder off/or they seriously view his tweeting as problematic but it's idiotic one way or another. It sure does feel like they are trying to force him away which is shameful.

Yet another integral part of our historic team being treated like shit?:palm:

2)Don't be surprised if this bites us in the ass somewhere somehow in the future. Inter is still a huge club and still wants to bring quality players on yearly basis. Treating your star players in incredibly pesky/old-fashioned/disrespectful & juvenile way won't help you if some random player has multiple options to choose from(and quality players usually do).

And before someone points out that something like this can not make us less desirable.....just don't. You would be pretty suprised how irrational, childish and not very intelligent players around the world can be regarding stuff like this. As I said, twitter is now everyone's thing, just let them play.

sanka
10 Nov 12, 18:19
He should better have in mind to play elsewhere..

I won't pray him for his tweets and the whole 'ban' situation is no harm for any serious club which isn't a playground when it's name is envolved.

Starmo4
11 Nov 12, 00:36
I would allow it if the player earns his payroll on the field and gives is all for the team ...
I this case,that was no way near that...
The way he performed in last two years his sallery should be 40-45k...

Fapuccino
11 Nov 12, 01:12
anyone else thinking schneider from holly and benji?

I4E
11 Nov 12, 02:45
To be honest, Sneijder is the only player on the club whose twitter makes me facepalm sometimes. He is out injured for a 1/3 of every season, and during that time we get a ton of pictures of him in night clubs hanging out with Paris Hilton.

Again, I don't see Sneijder with much of a future in our club, so I am all for selling him, but I doubt there will be huge interest in the winter transfer market. Especially not from Man U. Also, I don't think Yolanthe would want to live in Manchester. Even Lucas didn't want to go to Manchester.

I think you've nailed it Manta.

Seeing Wes post pics at parties with celebs etc while supposedly receiving treatment can have/has a detrimental effect. Imagine how the players feel seeing him posting that stuff while they're busting their guts on the track. It gives the impression that Wesely is given privileged treatment, which we know can upset or potentially upset the teams cohesion, balance, unity.

Wesley is very much a Prima Donna imho anyway.

b4h4mooth
11 Nov 12, 03:08
in the end he will say i love inter and i dont want to leave :yao:

rfU
11 Nov 12, 06:05
this is stupid. if assholes like cole and ferdinand can get away with such twitter fuckups then wats the big deal? what a load of nonsense. when is Wes due back anyway?

Tanel
11 Nov 12, 08:13
I think it's a weird move. I'd think in general, clubs actually try to push their players towards using Twitter. It's a tiny step towards tightening the bond between club and fans via a player.

Not sure what are the positive effects of this move. Don't see how it could enhance our image or how it could effect the performances on the pitch.

Regardless of whether Sneijder should be sold or not.

dynasty27
11 Nov 12, 11:36
It's not a big deal tbh, it's just twitter. Even if he hasn't tweeted any outrageous stuff, it just sends a message to him "Pls focus more Inter" since the party pics with Hilton and Tiesto went viral (thx to Yolanthe). He's still allowed to interact on facebook or instagram btw. The club did the right thing not to fine him.

.h.
11 Nov 12, 11:44
this is stupid. if assholes like cole and ferdinand can get away with such twitter fuckups then wats the big deal? what a load of nonsense. when is Wes due back anyway?

actually, because of things like cole and ferdinand, i think more and more clubs in england are bringing in twitter bans.

fines and bans for shit you say on twitter, not even on the football pitch...

basically the problem is that players ar efucking stupid and dont realize the potential ramifications of saying something. banging in 140 characters on your phone is one thing, but they need to think 'would i say this to a press room?' because thats what they ultimately are doing

and there are plenty of cases where players have done very stupid things which have gotten them in lots of trouble.

Sokrates
11 Nov 12, 11:49
Sneijder should concentrate more on Inter and give 100% on the field (when was the last time he did it?) and not what's the next thing he will post on Twitter tbh

Alessandro
11 Nov 12, 11:52
Rumours that Man city want Sneijder and want to make it a swap deal for Balotelli... Would you do it?

armendsh
11 Nov 12, 12:09
Rumours that Man city want Sneijder and want to make it a swap deal for Balotelli... Would you do it?
WEll yes, But i dont like balotelli he will ruin us, he will make problems.
Btw: i would sell him than get money to get hummels

sanka
11 Nov 12, 12:18
I've strictly reduced all ma palms to zero but this one worths a big one.

IRRELEVANT at all!Oh my..

Native
11 Nov 12, 12:22
Yolanthe is what destroys Sneijder. Nothing else.

Also, he has been fit for weeks now.

nurko
11 Nov 12, 12:24

Also, he has been fit for weeks now.

Maybe too much sex is causing so many injuries like with Boateng and his beloved one :D

That prompted Sports Illustrated model Melissa Satta to reveal: 'The reason why he is always injured is because we have sex 7-10 times a week.
'I hate foreplay, I want to get straight to the point. My favourite position is on top so I can take control.'

sanka
11 Nov 12, 12:26
That's why you have to only bang bitches nothin more than that..

else they screw your life..

Starmo4
11 Nov 12, 12:43
my friend is big man utd fan and he says that there is serius talk on red caffe that united gonna ask for sneijder in jaunary ,bid is 15mil pounds....

Maslany
11 Nov 12, 15:08

Also, he has been fit for weeks now.How is that? He has been fit and not playing? Mother of God...

Howl
11 Nov 12, 15:50
15million is fuck all, any decent player nowadays is worth that much.. hope all this transfer talk is BS and we keep him

Sokrates
11 Nov 12, 15:55
15million is fuck all, any decent player nowadays is worth that much.. hope all this transfer talk is BS and we keep him

Pounds. That's ~ 18-19 millions

Maslany
11 Nov 12, 16:25
15million is fuck all, any decent player nowadays is worth that much.. hope all this transfer talk is BS and we keep himWhy exactly would we keep him? To rot on the bench for some more time? To be injured almost all season and through all our big fixtures? No, thank you. We can buy another more useful player than him at this point. I've had enough with him!

INTERPERSEMPRE
11 Nov 12, 16:43
Hell no! Balotelli is a good striker, but he's milanista... Never had the respect needed for Inter.

Earth
11 Nov 12, 16:46
If sneijder doesnt perform, sell him for 20m to some rich club, get miralem pjanic=profit

nurko
11 Nov 12, 17:06
:notbad:

Pjanic had something to say to Zeman (apparently) after goal (which was awesome):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32qBW5vYlQc

uzhang
11 Nov 12, 18:36
Wes., + 25,. To atletico madrid. I want FALCAO., ---____---

Dylan
11 Nov 12, 18:51

Wes + 60 more likely.

.h.
11 Nov 12, 19:04

Hi

Apparently you're new around here, but we don't mention the F-word. Certain members on this forum tend to talk about him obsessively and it takes months for them to forget about him, and I'd rather not see his name in every single post for the next decade

Thanks!

The FAW (F***** Awareness Watchdog)

nurko
11 Nov 12, 19:15
Hi

Apparently you're new around here, but we don't mention the F-word. Certain members on this forum tend to talk about him obsessively and it takes months for them to forget about him, and I'd rather not see his name in every single post for the next decade

Thanks!

Hahahahahahahaha :D

wera
11 Nov 12, 19:44
somebody used the F-word again? god help us from the Colombians

uzhang
11 Nov 12, 19:53
Hi

Thanks!

Thanks ,. BrawHO. but yourent get my point. Lets talking about SHIT balotelli..

.h.
11 Nov 12, 19:57
lolswtfdidijustread

nurko
11 Nov 12, 19:59
Jebote :D

uzhang
11 Nov 12, 20:07
:D

king_elnino
11 Nov 12, 20:18
Wrong thread ... Lol

Earth
11 Nov 12, 22:04
lolswtfdidijustread

just read it again brohoe

Wobblz
12 Nov 12, 11:15
The other problem is who will sign Sneijder or can afford him. Manu don't need him now, neither do Chelsea or Mancity. Barca and Real won't go for him.
Malaga had a funding crisis this summer. They aren't filthy rich anymore. Maybe their UCL results might convince their sheikh to spend some but I doubt that.

INTERPERSEMPRE
12 Nov 12, 11:57
I'm curious which teams would still be interested in buying Sneijder...
Chelsea bought Eden Hazard this summer for 40mil euros.
Man City (for the moment) doesn't really play with a pure number 10, so I'm not sure if they are so interested.
The only option left in England is ManUtd I guess. Anyhow, they bought Kagawa this summer and Rooney often plays on the 10 as well.

If you ask me, the only option for Sneijder -if he's leaving of course-, will be a russian team. Zenit just spent 90 million for Witsel and Hulk, not sure if they will be throwing with more money. I think Anzhi is a logic possibility. They have the money to pay his high wage as well. Russia, what about it Yolanthe?

Wobblz
12 Nov 12, 12:11
I'm curious which teams would still be interested in buying Sneijder...
Chelsea bought Eden Hazard this summer for 40mil euros.
Man City (for the moment) doesn't really play with a pure number 10, so I'm not sure if they are so interested.
The only option left in England is ManUtd I guess. Anyhow, they bought Kagawa this summer and Rooney often plays on the 10 as well.

If you ask me, the only option for Sneijder -if he's leaving of course-, will be a russian team. Zenit just spent 90 million for Witsel and Hulk, not sure if they will be throwing with more money. I think Anzhi is a logic possibility. They have the money to pay his high wage as well. Russia, what about it Yolanthe?
If that's his only option I'm sure he's going to eventually accept the wage cut.

Native
12 Nov 12, 12:17
Nevergonnahappen

.h.
12 Nov 12, 12:43
if we spread to the media that 'Inter chasing Wesley Sneijder, rated £15m', within a few days PSG will sign him for £25m.

Cal
12 Nov 12, 13:18
People saying Yolanthe is 'ruining' Sneijder - Not sure if serious or just trolling :pokerface:

MANTA
12 Nov 12, 13:28
I was thinking PSG might be a good destination. Yolanthe wouldn't mind Paris and PSG are willing to sign anybody.

INTERPERSEMPRE
12 Nov 12, 13:58
I'm not sure about PSG, don't forget that for his position they have Lucas Moura joining them in January. (still upset about the fact he will not be joining Inter). Next to him, Pastore and Verratti are also able to play on this position. Of course Sneijder is a better player than Pastore and Veratti, but I don't think Sneijder will be a priority for PSG.

Big Willy
12 Nov 12, 14:00
Hi

Thanks!

Since when you have sense of humour? :work:

INTERPERSEMPRE
12 Nov 12, 15:14
It has just been published on a belgian website that Sneijder would be more and more linked with a move to ManUtd.
"Ferguson is still a fan of Sneijder and hoping to bring him to Manchester in January for a soft price."
The price being mentioned is 20 million.

Bergpavian
12 Nov 12, 15:16
I'm not sure about PSG, don't forget that for his position they have Lucas Moura joining them in January. (still upset about the fact he will not be joining Inter).

Maybe they already forgot that they bought him.

INTERPERSEMPRE
12 Nov 12, 15:24
Maybe they already forgot that they bought him.
In that case he would be more than welcome at Inter ;)

.h.
12 Nov 12, 17:19
Since when you have sense of humour? :work:

since before you were born ;)

Big Willy
12 Nov 12, 20:42
since before you were born ;)

Apologies, sir.

dynasty27
14 Nov 12, 18:40
lol he just tweeted again, about Ned vs Ger. Abouts to go down literally. Peace out xoxo

sanka
14 Nov 12, 19:08
I'm tired of those bullshit..

nurko
14 Nov 12, 19:19
Perhaps tweeting about club is not allowed or something like that...gonna be interesting reading news tomorrow :)

MANTA
14 Nov 12, 19:25
Reports are that Inter are preparing a new deal for Sneijder. A contract extension (1 or 2 years) at a lower salary, in hopes to lower the wage burden of the club.

If this is true it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

Perhaps tweeting about club is not allowed or something like that...gonna be interesting reading news tomorrow :)

The tweeting regulations is about club matters, so team matches and injury recovery times and such. It is not a ban either, he can tweet but it has to be approved by the club first. He can talk about movies or books or national teams all he wants without issue.

Solfice
14 Nov 12, 20:41
Wasn't there already rumors that he rejected that offer?

Pajo
14 Nov 12, 20:52
There, poll added.. Im very interested to see the results.

snake
14 Nov 12, 21:19
Here we go again, let's change a winning team to accommodate Sneijder.

Universe
15 Nov 12, 01:31
You need to add another poll option - Snesley Weijder

Choppin Onions
15 Nov 12, 02:52
For €25m? In a heartbeat considering how average and injury-prone he's been since the treble. That money can go a long way.....

.....so we can buy Silvestre and offer huge pay-raises to to Palacio and Cassano.

Aurimas
15 Nov 12, 08:12
According to GdS Inter is offering Sneijder a one year contract extension (current till 2015) and a 4m salary (now 6m + bonuses).

Solfice
15 Nov 12, 08:26
I doubt that he will go for the lowered salary. He'll probably leave than take the pay cut which is sad because he hasn't been that good anymore to deserve so huge wage.

sanka
15 Nov 12, 08:47
If he doesn't agree then show him the door nicely..

sell.

KevinB
15 Nov 12, 09:29
Tbh, I think this is the best option there is for Sneijder. I really can't see any other clubs then Anzhi, Psg to pay him over 6m anyway.
Man U will not give him more then 6.

INTERPERSEMPRE
15 Nov 12, 09:57
Sneijder and Hiddink already kind of told the press that they have no intention of a transfer of Sneijder to Anzhi. The way it looks now, I think Sneijder will sign the contract with lower wages, or join ManUtd, as Ferguson expressed his interest in signing Sneijder again.

I'm not so sure that Anzhi isn't an option any more... We'll see.

Wobblz
15 Nov 12, 11:22
Sneijder and Hiddink already kind of told the press that they have no intention of a transfer of Sneijder to Anzhi. The way it looks now, I think Sneijder will sign the contract with lower wages, or join ManUtd, as Ferguson expressed his interest in signing Sneijder again.

I'm not so sure that Anzhi isn't an option any more... We'll see.
With the presence of Kagawa United aren't in need of such a player. Rooney can fill in if the jap is injured. This transfer just won't happen.

Scottish_one
15 Nov 12, 11:51
i douht he will take that deal either, i think it is less important to us that he stays now than it was at the start of the season. if money from his transfer was to be reinvested it could go far.

personaly i dont mind whether he is sold or not (i wanted to keep him during the summer). as we know he is very injury prone and the team is doing well without him. i think between the rise of coutinho and the importance of cassano, our dependence on wes is lessening. he is obviously our most expensive player as well

INTERPERSEMPRE
15 Nov 12, 13:16
With the presence of Kagawa United aren't in need of such a player. Rooney can fill in if the jap is injured. This transfer just won't happen.

Yes, I know. I already said the same thing on a previous post.
But, two days later, Ferguson told the press that he is still interested in signing Sneijder, so you never know.

Davide
15 Nov 12, 13:57
I think its the right time to cash in on Wes if the opportunity presents itself. He was immense for us in the treble season but his last two years have been injury laden and inconsistent at best. I wish we had kept Eto'o and sold Sneijder last summer when his value was a bit higher and Man u still interested.

I just don't see desire from Wes when he plays for us anymore (when he is fit and does play anyways). I see frustration which I wouldn't exactly translate to desire and its often him being frustrated with his teammates or because he missed one of his many shots from outside the box. Him leaving the pitch after a substitution in a fit of rage also seems incompatible with the sense of cohesion that this team has built and fostered over the past few months.

If Sneijder is a leader in the dressing room than his throwing a fit at being substituted isn't particularly a great way of showing it.

Even though it might not happen this winter his sale opens the door for a high profile signing whether in the form of an established marquee player, or, as per our club's new philosophy, a young talent who wouldn't command such a high wage.

Who knows though, maybe the Sneijerman still has more to give to this club?

Howl
15 Nov 12, 14:08
i dont want to but i bet if we sold him it would be for something stupid like £10mil

.h.
15 Nov 12, 14:14
the primary finance from wes is not in the transfer fee, but the saving of his wages.

whats he on now, 3 year contract, 12m a season? that's 36m. that pales any transfer fee in comparison.

18-20m euros transfer fee and its a done deal imho.

Scottish_one
15 Nov 12, 14:22
the primary finance from wes is not in the transfer fee, but the saving of his wages.

whats he on now, 3 year contract, 12m a season? that's 36m. that pales any transfer fee in comparison.

18-20m euros transfer fee and its a done deal imho.i was thinking when i voted that id bring the 25 down to 20 easily

with that wage saving and fee thats over 50mil on a player who is injured a lot and hasn't been much of a force even when fit recently

i think theres a good chance he'll go in Janurary although id much rather he finds form and turns into the world beater he can be

.h.
15 Nov 12, 14:31
between not seeing him fit into our formation and his costs, im sorry to say but he has to leave either way for me.

i hope he succeeds elsewhere, i really like the guy, but he's a very expensive luxury.

RaideR
15 Nov 12, 17:50
I doubt we can get Cavani by selling Wes, but his transfer would definitely pay for classy CB (which we really need, Samuel isn't getting any younger) and decent CM. We would also need to save some $$ to bring Gargano on permanent basis next summer, he deserves that so far.

Even though WS is one of my fav players, if he won't accept paycut and the price tag is ~20M EUR, my vote is to sell him.

Ffi201zi002tlis
15 Nov 12, 18:27
Who said we can get Cavani? :yao:

:oblivious:

Aurimas
15 Nov 12, 19:10
As we know Cassano and Sneijder live in the same building. And Cassano was asked, does he meet Sneijder often: "Yes, I always meet him, from morning to evening. It's a continuous stress."

God, I love Cassano's interviews :lol:

Solfice
18 Nov 12, 15:18
We still don't need him?

Howl
18 Nov 12, 15:26
cant wait to see him back

Besnik
18 Nov 12, 16:43
We still don't need him?

I'd be more simpler.. we need more quality in the team, and Sneijder provides quality.

wera
18 Nov 12, 17:33
Milito+Sneijder is going to work. It's time for Wes to shine, we need him more than ever. Looking at Gargano 'passing' the ball, or Cambiasso fucking up a simple ball.... just wanna see him back. :epicwin:

Howl
18 Nov 12, 17:39
people are saying how he will fit in.. erm, pretty easy.. we usually play 343 or 352 so really he can play the role that cassano has been trying to fill in, by playing inbetween the mid and the strikers to form that link between the 2. or on the left of the ST like when we played 3 up front with him towards the end of last season

Hasan
18 Nov 12, 17:41
------------ Palacio ------------
------Cassano------------------
-----------------Sneijder-------

Time to bench Milito a litlle.

sanka
18 Nov 12, 20:11
As we know Cassano and Sneijder live in the same building. And Cassano was asked, does he meet Sneijder often: "Yes, I always meet him, from morning to evening. It's a continuous stress."

God, I love Cassano's interviews :lol:

No need to ask Cassano,dyna has well placed cameras outside his home so the news and all the gossip stuff you want is there.

dyna magazino YOLA

you only live aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I4E
19 Nov 12, 07:10
------------ Palacio ------------
------Cassano------------------
-----------------Sneijder-------

Time to sell Milito for a little.

Pheext

JJM
19 Nov 12, 18:14
Sky - Per Sneijder stop in allenamento: al muscolo...

glass fu***man.It is a minor setback but Please sell him while he is still worth something. I like the guy i really do but to much is just to much.

MANTA
19 Nov 12, 18:15
He stopped his workout today due to pain in his legs. So he is not expected to feature in Kazan.

We would really need sneijder if we didn't have Coutinho and Alvarez. I would rather invest in them than Sneijder at this point because Sneijder is too damn expensive.

Sokrates
19 Nov 12, 20:33
Man fuck him tbh

This guy is always injured and not motivated at all on the pitch

wicked wizard
19 Nov 12, 20:41
i wunt sell him for less than 20 mill, dont think any one will offer that so am happy if he stays

sanka
19 Nov 12, 20:44
Happy to be absent you mean.I retreat personally on his matter.

If he stays where on the injury track?

Fitzy
19 Nov 12, 22:10
I'm afraid that we really have to think about selling him or at least actively push him to reduce his wages... His wage and injuries, combined with the type of players we have in the attacking third at the moment are huge indicators that this is the right thing to do. I love watching him play in black and blue but its just not often enough to justify what he earns.

crzdcolombian
20 Nov 12, 14:00
i wunt sell him for less than 20 mill, dont think any one will offer that so am happy if he stays

I sell him for $1 if we get his wage off the books. I rather contract term him and let him go to Juve for free than be here another 2 years and only play 6 games in that time.

Sokrates
20 Nov 12, 16:07
I sell him for $1 if we get his wage off the books. I rather contract term him and let him go to Juve for free than be here another 2 years and only play 6 games in that time.

:palm:

Fapuccino
20 Nov 12, 18:17
Hes still tweeting :palm:

A.l.i
20 Nov 12, 18:37
His time is over.

Inter Siamo Noi
23 Nov 12, 16:59
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4015/174805650.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/264/174803650.jpg

Who is the guy with the mask?

junior55
23 Nov 12, 18:07
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/264/174803650.jpg

Who is the guy without the mask??

Uncommon
23 Nov 12, 18:22

Not 100% sure, but i think it is Luca Garritano.

Fapuccino
23 Nov 12, 19:08
strama and his stupid ass rugby drills. Teach this team how to fucking break down a defence forget this handball crap.

nerazzurri4life
23 Nov 12, 19:37
:palm:

It is not a "rugby" drill. Also, 99% of top clubs do this handball "drill", typically as a warm-up/light session.

Good to see him back though.

Dylan
23 Nov 12, 19:53
Yeah, what are we doing wasting time on movement/picking out passes for!?

jmaster
23 Nov 12, 20:05
So he's actually alive?

And why are they playing football when they can't even play soccer properly?

Fapuccino
23 Nov 12, 21:56
Yeah, what are we doing wasting time on movement/picking out passes for!?

yea look how well that's worked so far, our midfield is world class. especially guarin he can pick out lots of people, especially easily injured 5 y olds behind the goal.

Starmo4
23 Nov 12, 23:08
Who is the guy without the mask??

Its not garitano :yuno:

Big Willy
23 Nov 12, 23:30
Its not garitano :yuno:

It's Mariga.

Broseph Stalin
24 Nov 12, 01:12
It's Mariga.

It's Zorro.

nurko
24 Nov 12, 13:29
http://www.football-italia.net/27664/sneijder-wont-play-until-pay-cut

Branca confirms lower wages or sale!

thatdude
24 Nov 12, 13:35

The gauntlet has been thrown. What an ultimatum, he definitely won't be used tomorrow. I think we may have seen Sneijder's last Inter game already.

Jimmy Page
24 Nov 12, 13:45
Bye bye Wes

Dylan
24 Nov 12, 13:45
Not sure why that needed to go public. Just gonna make other clubs more aware of the situation.

wera
24 Nov 12, 13:49
this is a secret????

BabyPhat
24 Nov 12, 13:52
dont underestimate the sporting directors of other clubs. they knew about this sitch for a long time.

real question is how much will we get for him now and who will be his replacement

Jimmy Page
24 Nov 12, 13:53
Not sure why that needed to go public. Just gonna make other clubs more aware of the situation.

Its so they can wash their hands. Than when he gets sold they can always say " We offered a new contract, but he declined". In reality we are forcing Sneijder out of the club. There has been alot of this going on latley....pretty dirty of you ask me

Howl
24 Nov 12, 14:03
what the fuck man, no need to say that in public.. hopefully wes takes the paycut but i fear its the end of his spell here

MANTA
24 Nov 12, 14:04
Shit just got real.

I feel the timing of this ultimatum is inevitably linked with the recent freeze of the Chinese investor deal.

The club seems to want to cut costs immediately, which would hint that the financial future of the club depends on it, so either the club requires liquidity or getting investors is linked with an immediate improvement of our budget.

To be honest, nearly 25% of our wages this season have been wasted on players sitting in the infirmary. Eliminate Sneijder-Stankovic-Chivu and our wage bill becomes down to fourth place in the league and way below all our rivals. That would make a player wage bill reduction of 65m since last season.

Big Willy
24 Nov 12, 14:09

Why Branca always has to talk about transfer targets and this kind of stuff to the press...Like, do it when transfer window opens.

BabyPhat
24 Nov 12, 14:14
far far worse is stankovic situation. why the hell arent we trying to offload him. if i were sneijder i would be insulted

Jimmy Page
24 Nov 12, 14:16
far far worse is stankovic situation. why the hell arent we trying to offload him. if i were sneijder i would be insulted

Because there is no buyers

Sokrates
24 Nov 12, 14:22
http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=98752

Branca: "La situazione di Wes, che fa parte della nostra storia e che è un giocatore a cui tutti noi vogliamo bene, è che stiamo discutendo da tempo l'eventuale e per noi necessaria modifica contrattuale di Wesley. In relazione a questa vicenda, vogliamo lasciare tutto il tempo necessario al ragazzo e al suo staff di valutare bene quelli che sono i termini della nostra proposta. Quindi, la decisione tecnica e della società di non utilizzare in questo frangente il giocatore va ricondotta all'attesa di maggior serenità e di maggior chiarezza. Questo, peraltro, consentirà al nostro allenatore di dare più spazio ad altri nostri giocatori."

Roughly translated: Wes had/ has enough time to think about his new contract at Inter. If he does not accept, he will be sold.

It's very hard for Wes, but he has to understand Inter. We have to lower his salary, and he's injured most of the time. And when he plays, he's never at 100% motivated. I am convinced that selling him would be the best for Inter, and the best for him. He can become great again at another club, but I don't see it at Inter tbh.

Fapuccino
24 Nov 12, 14:25
I hate how we're such assholes to our players.... Im not saying this is the wrong thing to do, but its just Branca is rude as fuck.

on another note Im thinking Man City are the most likely bidders atm. Them or PSG. Im sure as hell he wont go to Russia

Tanel
24 Nov 12, 14:30
Its so they can wash their hands. Than when he gets sold they can always say " We offered a new contract, but he declined". In reality we are forcing Sneijder out of the club. There has been alot of this going on latley....pretty dirty of you ask me

Sure is good being a fly in the boardroom of Inter. Care to share any news about other transfer market development youve heard while listening in on what is going on in the directors box.

Makes perfect sense to ask Sneijder to lower his wage.

----

Treatment of legends? If they are paid 6 million euro net wage while offering contributions of about 2-3 mil then I think they are threated well enough. If they feel like they cannot play here for the wage they are worthy, then I guess our fondness of them is bigger than their fondness of us.

Howl
24 Nov 12, 14:41
stankovic and chivu need to be talked to first.. lower their wages right down to the bottom, old, been out for a while and no use for them at the club anymore

sneijders wages should be lowered, but look at the other 2 first.. we let JC & lucio go, we can do the same for them

Dylan
24 Nov 12, 14:52
stankovic and chivu need to be talked to first.. lower their wages right down to the bottom, old, been out for a while and no use for them at the club anymore

sneijders wages should be lowered, but look at the other 2 first.. we let JC & lucio go, we can do the same for them

There's nothing we can ''threaten'' Chivu/Stankovic on though.

With Sneijder he's still around 28 years old and belongs to be playing at the highest level week in week out and playing regularly for Brazil 2014. If he doesn't want to accept a wage cut he knows that there are many clubs that will pay much more than that. It seems he was always more in love with Mourinho than Inter.

Chivu/Stankovic on the other hand, their careers are bascially over and it's our own fault for extending their contracts for this long. Renewing Chivu without taking a wage cut is still hard to comprehend. They are not obliged to take a wage cut and I'm sure they'd be happy enough to hang around Milan for the next year collecting their final paychecks and watching all the 0 clubs that are interested in them come running to their agents.

chipschups
24 Nov 12, 14:57
they already take a paycut,,
http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?5577-Players-amp-Coaches-Contracts&p=811188&viewfull=1#post811188
http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?5577-Players-amp-Coaches-Contracts&p=1002845&viewfull=1#post1002845

Dylan
24 Nov 12, 15:05
http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?5577-Players-amp-Coaches-Contracts&p=811188&viewfull=1#post811188
http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?5577-Players-amp-Coaches-Contracts&p=1002845&viewfull=1#post1002845

Didn't realise that. Still though, we could probably have gotten a better backup defender (Like we did with Nagatomo) for alot less.

crzdcolombian
24 Nov 12, 15:24

Really don't they both make more money than 80% of our starters? Not a good enough cut for me

BabyPhat
24 Nov 12, 15:24
chivus contract expires in a season and a half so we shouldnt be that worried. but surely if we are that stubborn about julio sneijder etc we r surely thinking to cut dekis contract as well. and yet we never hear about this in the press

Howl
24 Nov 12, 15:25
True, but the only clubs i reckon will pay the same wages we do for sneijder are PSG or man city.. both of which already have enough top players.. it seems the only thing keeping him here was that wage..

and with chivu and deki.. even then, they're still earning more than regular starters like gargano, nagatomo, handanovic, and stankovic is earning as much as cassano which should not be the case

NeonBlade
24 Nov 12, 15:28
Who do we replace him with, and not to mention Milito needs replacing almost immediately and Silvestre cannot stay at this club. So sell Sneijder and get a proper striker and defender? Or get another playmaker ( please, please don't come with that Ricky shit PLEASE! )

Master Inter
24 Nov 12, 15:29
I don't mind if we sell sneijder
But don't make threat in public like this, we should treat our players better

FUCK BRANCA

Earth
24 Nov 12, 15:33
So now were looking for the ``vice-sneijder´´

IRR26
24 Nov 12, 15:36
Wesley had brilliant first season then after the treble he has missed half of the games because of injuries and those games that he was fit to play he was more or less unmotivated and wanted to do all by himself while bitching to his teammates. Well we now how that went.

We renewed Deki just a year ago and Chivu in the summer so probably the management really wants them to keep them. They have ridiculous high wages like Wesley. Getting rid of this trio would save lot of money and we wouldnt even realise that were gone.

NeonBlade
24 Nov 12, 15:38
I personally want Sneijder to take the deal. Four Million with an assist or goal clause should be reasonable, but if he doesn't take it, call up Fergie immediately and tell him to set aside a sum for January. We can't get that much for him, but between 12 to 15 million should be adequate.

Doffy
24 Nov 12, 15:39
huh another playmaker? did everyone forgot about cassano? in much ways he is not only similar but simply the better player. then there is still cou and alvarez. so why would we need another playmaker

that being said id love to see willian play here. such a beast player :work:

NeonBlade
24 Nov 12, 15:43
huh another playmaker? did everyone forgot about cassano? in much ways he is not only similar but simply the better player. then there is still cou and alvarez. so why would we need another playmaker

that being said id love to see willian play here. such a beast player :work:

Cassano is 30. Ricardo Alvarez is fucking garbage. I told people not to come with this Ricky shit, he doesn't even belong in our youth squad.

Sokrates
24 Nov 12, 15:47
In which world Ricky Alvarez is shit?
This guy is not a world beater, but he can play a good football.

It's a shame 90% of the members here say he's "shit". :chan:

MANTA
I think Stankovic is done at the end of this season anyway. Chivu's situation depends on how he recovers and how he can do in a 3 man defense (we need defenders ATM).

Branca may be an ass, but you need to be an ass to deal with these situations. We need to cut wages and Sneijder is the highest in the league.

If we can get our total wage bill to around 80m while getting into the CL then we should be in great financial shape.

Doffy
Cassano is 30. Ricardo Alvarez is fucking garbage. I told people not to come with this Ricky shit, he doesn't even belong in our youth squad.

so what, he has at least 2 good seasons left in him. cou needs playingtime and alvarez meh, he is still useful, on his day he can shine.
30 means nothing, how old is pirlo 35? playmakers can play much longer.

CafeCordoba
24 Nov 12, 15:53
Wow, that was a bit of a surprise outburst by Branca.

Well, this only proves the point that we are in a certain financial position and our history has came back to hit us.

bibonzo
24 Nov 12, 15:56
I'm undecided whether he needs to be sold because of the information we received by Branca. If somebody asked me a week ago I would have said yes because a player that misses almost half a season is not a player you want to count on considering his quite poor form.

But now I can see where the dip in form came from he was pushed out of the club 2 years ago and then we decided to stop it with Anzhi picking up Eto. The management continued to push him and feel him unwanted to this very day since then in every other transfer window and now this situation. Tell me who would be motivated to give his all in such a situation no wonder his frustrated all the time. In reality it is not his problem he was given such a contract in the light of FFP when the club knew they needed to make the bills lighter.

I expect him to leave because that's what the club wants obviously but I think this is a highly dirty and unprofessional way of doing it by the management. Severally disappointed by the situation given that his one of my fav players of this generation.

Devious
24 Nov 12, 16:21
'Sneijder won't play until pay cut'

Inter director Marco Branca has confirmed Wesley Sneijder “will not play until we have made the necessary modifications to his contract” – a pay cut or January sale.

Sneijder has insisted for several weeks that he is getting back to full fitness and ready to play, but has been left out by Coach Andrea Stramaccioni and was banned by the club from using Twitter.

Amid reports of a bid from Russian side Anzhi, today technical director Branca announced the real reason behind his absence.

“We is part of our history and we care for him, but we are discussing a necessary contract modification with him,” Branca told Sky Sport Italia.

“We will give him and his entourage the time to evaluate our proposal, so the decision not to use the player can be traced back to this wait for a more relaxed and clear situation.

“The club and Coach are in agreement that until the player is in a clear state of mind, he will not play.”

Sneijder is Inter’s top earner on €6m per season and the club is eager to slice down its wage bill even further after off-loading Julio Cesar, Lucio and Douglas Maicon.

It is thought unlikely that the Dutchman will accept a pay cut when he is being offered considerably higher wages at Manchester City, Manchester United and Anzhi, so a January move looks inevitable.

Im sorry to say, but this is a very unpleasant way to do business. I dont think we`ll be able to get any stars to our team if we continue treating our players this way. our reputation is getting shittier. seriously.

Universe
24 Nov 12, 16:32
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gifhttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2514/fifpalmface.gif

Ziyad
24 Nov 12, 16:35
We should fire the douche who gave him that contract and then a year down the line backs off,creating a lot of unpleasantness for the team ,the players and everyone else

Universe
24 Nov 12, 16:37
Pathetic. Pitiful. The only words to describe this is disgrace.

Dylan
24 Nov 12, 16:40
so what, he has at least 2 good seasons left in him. cou needs playingtime and alvarez meh, he is still useful, on his day he can shine.
30 means nothing, how old is pirlo 35? playmakers can play much longer.

He has a point, even if it's exaggerrated by his Alvarez hatred.

If we were to sell Sneijder then having Cassano, Coutinho and Alvarez wouldn't be enough. For all we know Cassano could completely fail next year and Coutinho and Alvarez haven't played more than 5-10 matches for Inter in a row ever.

Sokrates
24 Nov 12, 16:47
It's always the same thing: We all don't know what happened behind the scenes.
I don't think Branca is that stupid that he tells today to the press this bomb without knowing what he was doing.
There were for sure a lot of talks and disussions in the last few weeks. And it would not wonder if we already sold Wesley to another club in january.

Fapuccino
24 Nov 12, 16:50
I don't think Branca is that stupid that he tells today to the press this bomb without knowing what he was doing.

oh yeah definitely this was a calculated move, he wouldnt blurt it out to the public without reason

BabyPhat
three successive coaches havent been able to get the best out of sneijder. that had something to do with the equation as well

CafeCordoba
There were for sure a lot of talks and disussions in the last few weeks. And it would not wonder if we already sold Wesley to another club in january.

Exactly. Sneijder's father just said negotiations has been going on for weeks.

http://www.football-italia.net/27669/sneijder-inter-problem-finally-public

I'm sure our management has given a though for this going public act. At least Sneijder's father isn't concerned about that, quite opposite if those quotes are true.

Bluenine
24 Nov 12, 16:51

Stank is on his last season anyways. Chivu already accepted a wage reduction, and IMO he will be far more useful once fit than Silvestre.

We can no longer afford the luxury that is Sneijder. Cassano's & Coutinho's arrival has pretty much covered us for the sale of Sneijder. I guess what Branca is doing is to force Sneijder to make that decision. Either accept the transfer offers that may come up, or reduce his wages in line with his actual worth for the club.

Personally, I don't think Inter or Branca have any option here.

Universe
24 Nov 12, 16:51

Behind the scenes? Who gives a shit, maybe Sneijder tweeted :yao:

We're now a club which goes back on its word, which wantonly disregards the dignity of a contract.

Sokrates
24 Nov 12, 16:54
Behind the scenes? Who gives a shit, maybe Sneijder tweeted :yao:

We're now a club which goes back on its word, which wantonly disregards the dignity of a contract.

I am not defending the management, and i am not defending Wesley. But we should not overreact now and see it only from 1 point of view :work:

vasilios
24 Nov 12, 16:55

Neither of those guys really took a paycut though.

Chivu was off contract. He was a free agent. He didn't willingly lower the wages on an existing contract.

And Stankovic is still under the same contract he's been on since he renewed in 2010. GDS numbers often show variances from year to year, likely due to the way the contract is structured and their estimates of incentive clauses, bonus payments, etc. Same reason JZ went up from 2.7mil to 3mil, even though he's still on the same contract he signed after the treble.

We're asking Sneijder to take a wage decrease on an active contract with another 2 and a half years on it. A very different situation.

visionary
24 Nov 12, 16:56
You know sometimes you would like to think that the people that run the club are geniuses. But seriously though, after all the fiasco that had happen one in particular i remember when Forlan was included for UCL but couldnt play, I couldn't expect more from these retiree footballers running the club as directors.

Universe
24 Nov 12, 17:02
This is just shit. Leaves a really bad taste in the mouth. vasilios, make feel better, vasilios.

CafeCordoba
24 Nov 12, 17:12
I have to say that someone should take responsibility for this humorous squad building where first you give big contracts to several players and then after 1-2 years you are pushing them out because we can't afford them. Jesus, is it that we've expected to stay in CL like forever or something?

Though, I'm sure our management doesn't come to Sneijder and say, "hey man lower your salary or gtfo!". I'm sure we've initiated negotiations in good manner and explained the club's situation at hand. 6m€ per season (NET people, it's net salary) is just way too much for any Inter player at this moment and probably long in the future too.

qb4ever_2k
24 Nov 12, 17:17
Rumour says that If Wes is sold, Our reinforcement will be 2 of Willian, Eriksen and Markovic... too good tbh

Fapuccino
24 Nov 12, 17:22
Rumour says that If Wes is sold, Our reinforcement will be 2 of Willian, Eriksen and Markovic... too good tbh

wtf fuck that... we dont need a "replacement", we need to save money for a fucking decent CM playmaker. Honestly our midfield is so fucking shit, cant put 2 passes together.

Dylan
24 Nov 12, 17:23
So is Sneijder actually injured or just not playing becuase of negotiations?

Sokrates
24 Nov 12, 17:28
So is Sneijder actually injured or just not playing becuase of negotiations?

Actually after Brancas words, I think he's out because of both reasons.

Ziyad
24 Nov 12, 17:39
Can't wait till branch is out

qb4ever_2k
24 Nov 12, 17:40
wtf fuck that... we dont need a "replacement", we need to save money for a fucking decent CM playmaker. Honestly our midfield is so fucking shit, cant put 2 passes together.

CM is another story, We are heavily linked with Paulinho and Quintero. We might change our target but we have plan for CMs already, and it's independent from Wes' transfer.
And do not forget we also need a vice-Milito, Willian/Eriksen can fit in Palacio role and Palacio becomes a vice-Milito.

I'm with Branca, this ultimatum may seem heartless but necessary looking at what happened this summer. Imagine if we still stick with Lucio, Maicon, JC and Forlan.

IRR26
24 Nov 12, 17:41
Pathetic. Pitiful. The only words to describe this is disgrace.

Yeah but this is how this game is played.

Wes plays a very good season in 09/10.

He and speacially his agent wants better contract for a reward.

Then he cant keep his form in the following season but he still is on that contract which was made based on the form that he had in 09/10.

This creates a problem which start to grow because Wes form is not getting any better and at the same time Inter needs to cut their cost because of FFP or not playing in CL.

Inter offers a pay cut contract but the player cant accept it because of agents, because this is his profession and he has "earned" his big wages.

Result Wesley leaves to another club where there isnt this history so they can offer Wesley a contract that they think that represents the value of Sneijder form at the moment.

This is what happens all the time and if you do not want to involve this then you need to accept that some players will leave cause they are not rewarded for a bigger contract from a good season they have played. Players will eventually become victims of their own or their agents greed.

Edward
24 Nov 12, 18:09
i don't really see anything wrong with this. sneijder is not worth his salary, he's not been in good form season after season.

it's true we gave him a contract but so what. if sneijder wanted to leave he could easily have forced his way out, just as we should be allowed to do the same if he's not in our plans. our finances are bad and we've had no success after his 1st season. if we had of and were in a good position financially and stuff then we wouldn't be asking him to lower his salary. it doesn't matter that we offered him a contract, things change in time. and if he or anyone else cant accept that then it's just delusional. we can't rationalize his wages. and rationalizing them by saying "well we promised we'd pay him this amount" is ridiculous.

CafeCordoba
24 Nov 12, 18:13
Yeah but this is how this game is played.

Wes plays a very good season in 09/10.

He and speacially his agent wants better contract for a reward.

Then he cant keep his form in the following season but he still is on that contract which was made based on the form that he had in 09/10.

This creates a problem which start to grow because Wes form is not getting any better and at the same time Inter needs to cut their cost because of FFP or not playing in CL.

Inter offers a pay cut contract but the player cant accept it because of agents, because this is his profession and he has "earned" his big wages.

Result Wesley leaves to another club where there isnt this history so they can offer Wesley a contract that they think that represents the value of Sneijder form at the moment.

This is what happens all the time and if you do not want to involve this then you need to accept that some players will leave cause they are not rewarded for a bigger contract from a good season they have played. Players will eventually become victims of their own or their agents greed.

Very well said. Things change and at that point we needed to give Sneijder that renewal with a raise. Otherwise he would have bitched and possibly asked for a transfer. We wanted to keep him but now that he isn't up to the expectations anymore, we can't pay that money to him. It's all about the changing surroundings, variables change so these contracts become hard to manage.

Concord
24 Nov 12, 18:24
I have said it before and I will repeat it again, if any good offer come for Sneijder I will sell him immediately. He has always an issues with injuries.
His Seria A statistics as following:

2009–10 played 26 Out of 38 (68%)
2010–11 played 25 Out of 38 (65%)
2011–12 played 20 Out of 38 (52%)
2012–13 played 5 (So far) Out of 13 (38%)

nurko
24 Nov 12, 19:06
No "purely attacking playmaker" is needed, if there is a replacement then it should be someone like Joao Moutinho...

Fapuccino
24 Nov 12, 19:12
No "purely attacking playmaker" is needed, if there is a replacement then it should be someone like Joao Moutinho...

spot on. although lets see first how this situation with sneijder turns out, but speculations cant hurt :)

Caecuban
24 Nov 12, 20:05
as it was discussed in many tran$fer market or financial fair play threads, we need to sell him in order to come close to FFP limits

and I'm ok with it

snake
24 Nov 12, 20:44
Negotiating tactic.

Wes gets given the contract weeks ago, he holds onto it and does nothing. Meanwhile he is constantly injured.

Inter management, not just branca clearly, fed up with this and go public for two things.

To hurry Sneijder and his group and also attract an all out bidding war.

Man U, City, Chelsea, PSG, Anzhi

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

NeonBlade
24 Nov 12, 21:31
Negotiating tactic.

Wes gets given the contract weeks ago, he holds onto it and does nothing. Meanwhile he is constantly injured.

Inter management, not just branca clearly, fed up with this and go public for two things.

To hurry Sneijder and his group and also attract an all out bidding war.

Man U, City, Chelsea, PSG, Anzhi

We can't get that much for him tho Snakey...after the 2010 season Wesley would've easily given us 20 to 25 million, if we get 18 for him at this point we would be fortunate.

figer
24 Nov 12, 21:44
definitely his price dropped down

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/wesley-sneijder/mwverlaufgraph/spieler_4673.html

Fapuccino
24 Nov 12, 21:57
definitely his price dropped down

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/wesley-sneijder/mwverlaufgraph/spieler_4673.html

I love transfermarkt, but I wouldnt put too much weight in their evaluations. i mean thiago alcantara is almost the same price as vidal, is that a joke or what. gareth bale is 40 mill....complete joke. although for sneijder 25-30 mill is a good range.

dynasty27
24 Nov 12, 22:06
It says market value (which is not sale price value). The market value results from value suggestions from all kinds of registered users of transfermarkt.de. (which could be done on fif too)

Fapuccino
24 Nov 12, 22:10
It says market value (which is not sale price value). The market value results from value suggestions from all kinds of registered users of transfermarkt.de. (which could be done on fif too)

yea of course....im just saying the evaluations aren't always reasonable

Caecuban
24 Nov 12, 22:26
yeah, transfer market evaluations can't be taken too seriously, specially for players with high wages

chivu's valeu according to tm is 5m, but he might as well go for free if anyone offers decent wages to him

Edward
24 Nov 12, 23:00
"Fernando Torres: 35.000.000 €"

nuff said

though to be fair i just looked at the inter squad and they have it roughly right (for once)

Howl
25 Nov 12, 00:42
just take the paycut mofo!.. what can you do with so much money anyway

if we have to get a replacement, i wouldnt mind diego (juve flop).. he's been really good past few seasons..

Fapuccino
25 Nov 12, 00:47
replacement for what.... we have 2 attacking midfielders in cou and alvarez that have been getting almost no time at all.

Nyall
25 Nov 12, 01:05
Finally, this is a move I've been waiting to happen for so damn long... Our biggest earner and supposedly best player has been injured constantly, yet we've done better without him than with him. Don't get me wrong, Chivu and Deki need to GTFO as well, but for the future this is a wise move.

I say give Coutinho the reigns!

I4E
25 Nov 12, 01:16
Finally, this is a move I've been waiting to happen for so damn long... Our biggest earner and supposedly best player has been injured constantly, yet we've done better without him than with him. Don't get me wrong, Chivu and Deki need to GTFO as well, but for the future this is a wise move.

I say give Coutinho the reigns!

Bang on !!! Couldn't agree more !!!!!

b4h4mooth
25 Nov 12, 02:47
coutinho alvarez syalalalala

Ronaldo
25 Nov 12, 07:13
I think it is a good move by Branca to go public. At this time and age I couldn't care less about any individual. Club is above them all.

Truth is Sneijder is underperforming, has a very high wage and and we don't really need him or any other attacking midfielder. Even from a commercial point of view, Sneijder isn't really a fan magnet. I prefer if we sell him but if he lowers his wages that would be good too.

We need to replace him with a proper CM. And NO, Coutinho and Alvarez can never replace Sneijder. I'm sorry to say this but from the looks of it Coutinho wont become the player we are expecting. He won't be our Kaka and we can't rely on him to become world class.

Alvarez is hopeless. Maybe if he can improve his defending he would have a place in the midfield but until then I say bench is a good place for him.

Whoever thinks Alvarez or Coutinho can handle the attacking midfielder position is out of his mind.

We should sell Sneijder and get a CM or a winger.

Wobblz
25 Nov 12, 13:36
Oh man. We're going to sell him for peanuts, aren't we. :palm:

nerazzurri4life
25 Nov 12, 14:28
Unfortunately, very bad move by management. Another case where a few decent results have clouded management's perception about this team.

Gaetan
25 Nov 12, 15:51
Unfortunately, very bad move by management. Another case where a few decent results have clouded management's perception about this team.

Exactly. Add this to the fact that we are only hurting Wes' value to the teams who may be interested, classic case of a stupid management.

Toninu
25 Nov 12, 15:59
The fact that he doesn't sign the contract means that we'll be looking to sell, one someone looks to sell the price is significantly lowered. I dunno Wes has talked a lot about loving Inter, now it's time to show it. Albeit no one would like a deduction of 1 and a half million euros from a contract so one has to think about that. But I remember a long time ago Recoba and Ronaldo did once take a pay cut to help the club, hopefully Wes will do the same if he sees his future here. But if he doesn't sign, I definitely understand there was a contract in place so he has every right to want to get paid the agreed amount.

Dylan
25 Nov 12, 16:40

By the sounds of it negotiation have been going on for weeks though.

A.l.i
25 Nov 12, 17:25
Pjanic ?

Darren
25 Nov 12, 17:27
Pjanic ?

delete

Tanel
25 Nov 12, 18:09
Exactly. Add this to the fact that we are only hurting Wes' value to the teams who may be interested, classic case of a stupid management.

This is BS.

Players have agents. Agents are connected to agencies, talk with directors of football clubs. Players also have friends connected to other agents. Especially the top of the football pyramid is largely interconnected, just like the big shots in real life are very integrated. Teams like Anzhi, ManU, Zenit, Chelsea, Man City will have known about it one day after we sent Wesley the ultimatum.

So they know very well that if he doesn't sign, we want to sell. Irregardless of whether this leaks to media or not.

What could be considered stupid is that we made the ultimatum in the first place, rather than luring in offers, acting like we doubt we want to sell him.

But I guess we couldn't do that as the management would actually prefer Sneijder to stay, hence offering the lowered contract in first place. But since he doesn't want to accept lower, we have to sell and spend that earned money on lower wage replacement who might not be as good, but is younger and available for more of the season.

Cal
25 Nov 12, 19:37
As some have already said; now is the time for Sneijder to show he truly loves Inter and wants to stay...

Unfortunately I cant see it tbh.

Hate to remind everyone... especially at this time but ......We sold Eto'o for him :cry: :ohgodwhy:

Toninu
25 Nov 12, 21:23
Well, Cesar didn't sign a contract for a lower salary and I can't think of too many players who loved the club as much as he did.

Bergpavian
25 Nov 12, 21:28
I think it's kinda unfair to expect from players to lower their wages just because their club has financial problems. They have contracts - and that should be respected from both side.

What if a player suddenly says: "I want to go to another club or earn more. Or I will not play anymore."

Sneijder is injured all the time. Ok. That's bad for the club and bad for him. But not really his fault. It's not like he is acting like Balotelli 2.0. There should have been a better solution than this soap opera that makes the player and the club look like complete idiots.

.h.
25 Nov 12, 21:31
If we're going to talk about players honouring their contracts, what about Sneijder's original contract? He did one year on that before he got it renewed and a fat pay bump too.

Bergpavian
25 Nov 12, 21:35
If we're going to talk about players honouring their contracts, what about Sneijder's original contract? He did one year on that before he got it renewed and a fat pay bump too.

Same goes for Milito. But is this the players fault?

.h.
25 Nov 12, 21:41
I'm just saying

If we're expecting people to honour contracts, and that it works both ways, they cant turn round and demand more money as soon as they start to perform well, or else the club have the right to turn around and demand they make less money when they do worse.

Sneijder's cost over the last season and a half will amount to 18million by January. That's before depreciation of his value, as well, which is probably another 10m. We cant sign someone who contributed more than 7 goals for 30m in the last 18 months?

Bergpavian
25 Nov 12, 21:43
But if the Player doesn't get more Money and says: "Then I will not play anymore." ... He would be the asshole of the nation.

.h.
25 Nov 12, 21:54
well, yeah, because we're paying him - and in that case we'd probably fire the player.

we pay sneijder, we are entitled to do with him as we see fit. we're legally allowed to make him wear a pink tutu and serve cupcakes at half time if we really want.

MANTA
25 Nov 12, 22:06
What difference does it make whose fault it is that contract was renewed? Are we supposed to keep paying 12% of our entire team's wages to a player who is consistently injured and who we have been doing better off without??

The club messed up, so they go to Sneijder and say "Listen, we fucked up, we cannot afford to pay you all this money, we would love for you to stay for less money, but if you don't want that then you are free to leave to another club."

Even if Sneijder was in his 2010 form we still can't afford him, we need to sell him and focus on building a much more cost efficient team if we are to have any hope of securing investment to build a stadium.

Darren
25 Nov 12, 22:26
The club messed up, so they go to Sneijder and say "Listen, we fucked up, we cannot afford to pay you all this money, we would love for you to stay for less money, but if you don't want that then you are free to leave to another club."

Lol. So in other words, force him out just like we did Julione. Which is exactly what is happening right now. I'm not saying it's a bad path to take for us. But what you're saying rather ignores what a contract is all about.

The whole point of the contract is that the parties should be bound to it. There are exceptions of course, but tbh the circumstances haven't changed that much since 2010. Just our philosophy or approach to things that's changed.

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:23 ----------

browha, you do realize the club are the ones that renewed Sneijder's contract with a pay bump right? That's on them, not him. They are the ones who messed up on that.. why should Sneijder be punished for their mistake?

snake
25 Nov 12, 22:28
I'm just saying

If we're expecting people to honour contracts, and that it works both ways, they cant turn round and demand more money as soon as they start to perform well, or else the club have the right to turn around and demand they make less money when they do worse.

Sneijder's cost over the last season and a half will amount to 18million by January. That's before depreciation of his value, as well, which is probably another 10m. We cant sign someone who contributed more than 7 goals for 30m in the last 18 months?

Finally agree with you on something.perfect first paragraph

.h.
25 Nov 12, 22:34
browha, you do realize the club are the ones that renewed Sneijder's contract with a pay bump right? That's on them, not him. They are the ones who messed up on that.. why should Sneijder be punished for their mistake?

So Sneijder doesn't have to honour anything? As long as he turns up to training? He doesn't have to perform, he doesn't even have to play, but this is still somehow 'our' fault fundamentally, and he's completely blameless

---------- Post added at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

Finally agree with you on something.perfect first paragraph

Shit, I MUST be right then :P

I4E
25 Nov 12, 23:14
Hence why an element/percentage of the contract should always be performance based... By the sound of things (contracts renewed that are barley 5 min old), Wes doesnt have (or has very little) performance based criteria in his contract. Would be surprised/disappointed if this is the case though.

MANTA
25 Nov 12, 23:17
Lol. So in other words, force him out just like we did Julione. Which is exactly what is happening right now. I'm not saying it's a bad path to take for us. But what you're saying rather ignores what a contract is all about.

The whole point of the contract is that the parties should be bound to it. There are exceptions of course, but tbh the circumstances haven't changed that much since 2010. Just our philosophy or approach to things that's changed.

Contract renegotiation happen all the time in many industries. And what do you mean nothing has changed since 2010? Moratti is now strapped for cash and is willing to sell part of the club. He wasn't looking to sell off a portion of the club back in 2010. We don't even know details about the owner's liquidity. Look at how Milan's spending has changed since 2010. They went from purchasing Zlatan to selling Zlatan and Silva and not using that money for reinforcements. In 2010 the Serie A had Ibra, Eto'o, Sanchez, the entire league is nothing like it was in 2010.

Times are changing quickly, and I appreciate that the club is trying to cut the fat. Sneijder will get paid his 6m elsewhere, so it isn't like he is being tossed in the street, whereas the club risks going the way of Rangers if they don't cut costs.

Darren
25 Nov 12, 23:20
So Sneijder doesn't have to honour anything? As long as he turns up to training? He doesn't have to perform, he doesn't even have to play, but this is still somehow 'our' fault fundamentally, and he's completely blameless

Where did I say that? I'm just saying it's not fair to agree on a contract, then go 'wait I've changed my mind, so let's change our deal according to my terms or get out'.

It's less about his performances and injuries, much more about the money. As is plain for all to see, he's being forced out cause he's too expensive. Not because of his injuries or underperformances. While they are fair points, I do feel people exaggerate them and rather ignore his good performances.

Anyway, the popular opinion right now is that he's way too expensive > doesn't fit with our new image, so he has to get out, and fast. This place is so boring, everybody always hops on the bandwagon. Where's the originality?

nerazzurri4life
26 Nov 12, 00:07
Let me just say a couple things as I am not really inclined to discuss this much further. Pretty similar to the Eto'o situation, there will be fans on one side and others on the other side. It is very clear to me that Inter management has been very clouded by our recent run of "results". Of course, ignoring that we can't impose our game on anybody and our front 3 are just on a good run of form. Or ignoring that our front 3 right now are all over 30 and it is not a sound strategy to rely on these guys for a sustained period of time. Milito will be 34 for next season! FUCKIN 34! If you need to rely on a 34 year old STRIKER, you know you have some issues.

But, in addition to that, I firmly believe that management is only focused on what I call the "low hanging fruit". Imo, I cannot think of a single good reason to get rid of Wes.

Salary? Guess what, we have 2 players who are injured MORE THAN WES and contribute absolutely nothing. That's right, we're talking about Chivu (who could've been dropped in the summer) and Deki. Where is the urgency to get rid of them? Reduce their wages "significantly"? Where are the threats to Deki or Chivu to go down to something which they thoroughly DESERVE, which is much less than whatever they're earning now? I mean, they are making more than starters and literally have NO SHOT of being a starter, ever. So they should be on backup salary at best.

Commercially, again, we are taking severe steps backwards. Austerity alone is not a sustainable solution, especially since we are essentially in a performance-based entertainment business. ALL the top clubs, who are making money, have significant commercial assets and ensure they're exploiting it to the fullest. Selling Wes is selling our biggest commercial asset.

Gameplay wise, we are pretty poor imo and selling a world class player clearly doesn't help that. That's another story on it's own tbh.

Either way, selling wes is the "easiest thing to do" to quickly balance the budget, so guess what? That's what our management focuses on. Long term viability or strategy? :lol:
And lastly, this focus on salary is getting really out of control. Inter has an identity crisis. It's either you're a top club or you're not. You're either a top club trying to compete at the highest levels or you're a selling club. Top clubs have to pay top salaries. Simple as that. If coutinho blows up and somehow becomes big time, HIS SALARY WILL NEED TO BE RAISED OR ELSE HE'S GONE. It really is simple. If we're a selling club, then we have to have selling club aspirations and strategy, which we do not.

Now, for arguments sake, let's ignore all that and say that we all agree it is right thing to sell sneijder. THERE IS NO NEED FOR THIS ULTIMATUM SHIT IN PUBLIC. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Offer him a low salary. He doesn't take it? Fine, try to sell him in Jan or worst case, in the summer. But why are we:
(1) Limiting our coach's options? Hello? We are still playing football and competing in 3 competitions. 3 players over 30 cannot play every game. Limiting coaching options, especially with a world class player, is STUPID.
(2) Reducing Wes' market value? Not playing Wes is going to reduce his market value. Simple as that. Us trying to sell Wes is not the only thing that determines market value. After all, this is football and potential teams are paying for PERFORMANCES, so having him play and showing what he's worth improves his market value.

Very stupid situation that we have put ourselves into.

MANTA
26 Nov 12, 01:19
Salary? Guess what, we have 2 players who are injured MORE THAN WES and contribute absolutely nothing. That's right, we're talking about Chivu (who could've been dropped in the summer) and Deki. Where is the urgency to get rid of them? Reduce their wages "significantly"? Where are the threats to Deki or Chivu to go down to something which they thoroughly DESERVE, which is much less than whatever they're earning now? I mean, they are making more than starters and literally have NO SHOT of being a starter, ever. So they should be on backup salary at best.

Sneijder makes more than those two players combined. Plus it is unfair to say management didn't address those two players. Chivu wasn't going to be renewed until Strama said he wanted him in the CB position. With Samuel's age and Juan not expected to feature much Chivu had a shot at being a starter. He was OK preseason until his injury and far better than Samuel was preseason. Also, it is reported that Stankovic was given an ultimatum when he was frozen out of the preseason retreat. The official word was he was injured, but so was Obi and he went to the retreat to continue his individual training. Given the way JC and now Sneijder have been frozen out of the team lends even more credibility that Stankovic was also given similar treatment, only it wasn't made as public as the others. The biggest difference is Sneijder actually has resale value and can get his current salary elsewhere. So it seems Sneijder was the last person of the group that the club has dealt with.

Commercially, again, we are taking severe steps backwards. Austerity alone is not a sustainable solution, especially since we are essentially in a performance-based entertainment business. ALL the top clubs, who are making money, have significant commercial assets and ensure they're exploiting it to the fullest. Selling Wes is selling our biggest commercial asset.

Top clubs don't generally make money. None of Manchester United, Chelsea, Man City, Juve, Milan, PSG, Liverpool, Roma or Barcelona have been consistently profitable over the last 3 years. Most have been losing a ton of money. As for the commercial impact you are greatly overestimating Sneijder's role. Ibrahimovic and Eto'o were far bigger commercially and it still made no difference. Unless you are a Ronaldo/Messi/Beckham, your commercial viability will not be signfinicant enough to make a difference. I don't see Juve with a commercial asset on their roster.

And lastly, this focus on salary is getting really out of control. Inter has an identity crisis. It's either you're a top club or you're not. You're either a top club trying to compete at the highest levels or you're a selling club. Top clubs have to pay top salaries. Simple as that. If coutinho blows up and somehow becomes big time, HIS SALARY WILL NEED TO BE RAISED OR ELSE HE'S GONE. It really is simple. If we're a selling club, then we have to have selling club aspirations and strategy, which we do not.

There are two ways of doing things, the Man City approach or the Arsenal approach. We no longer have the funding to do it the Man City approach. Before we were giving JC/Maicon/Wes/Milito salary bumps in order not to lose our talents. We obviously cannot do that anymore, so if we were to win the treble this year and several of our players have stellar performances that get the interest of other clubs, then they will be sold and replaced with cheaper alternatives. Moratti has already said we are in a transitional phase and we aren't expecting trophies. No one is expecting titles now. The number one priority is making sure the club has a future. No one will invest in the club with players like Sneijder earning 6m on the payroll and 80m in losses every year. Our revenue stream is inline with comparable clubs except for the low Match Day revenue, which will not change without our own stadium. So our only way to get in shape is cut costs. The biggest cost for a football club is player wages. I do not expect to see Sneijder or Stankovic in the club next season. As long as we can get into a CL spot with a low wage club our income statement will start looking positive, which will allow Moratti to find investors to join the club and allow the club to buy a stadium.

I4E
26 Nov 12, 02:05
Manta :proud: #respect

Iron_Inter
26 Nov 12, 08:10
I would like you to tell me if you think that this is the time and a way to do this things now. My answer is Absolutely NOT..

I am not against our managment to go to Sneijder to have a wage cut, he was way to much time injured and is having a big salary. But just when we are in the fight for good place on the table, and we are aiming the CL and hell maybe a scudeto. When Strama is doing great job, the atmosfere in the team is great, the number of players who were injured including Sneijder is on the way of recovery, Strama was expecting his best player to be available, and just before he makes to the team, our managment does the unthinkable thing and fucks everything up!

Its in the middle of the season when our managment MUST work their ass so that eveyone would be happy focus and motivated on the football mater, but just before Sneijder return they go PUBLICLY with ultimatums and shit, and threatend that if he doesnt agree with wage cut he will be sold. And on top of that they frozen him out f the team?!!?! What kind if morons you have to be to do such thing to you to your own club. Its just like Lazio and Lotito, fucking prick. And there are fans who suport this. Are u fucking serious?!?! We are Inter we dont need shit like this, not now not ever. If there is a need to cut the wage, there is a time for this sort of things, and it should be in the summer and behind close doors. Not public in the middle of the season.:fu:

Also i must agree with N4L, are Inter fans so deluded from the recent results we had, depending from a good spell of 30+ players. Who in recent matches like we can saw, every player we have INCLUDING Zanetti is exhausted and has droped form. We have lost two games and get one draw in the last three matches. We have Livaja, Cou, Alvarez who we saw they are not on that lvl that we can rely on them, Cassano, Milito cant keep on to the tempo, they were shit last few games, we got only Palacio on form who seems still have energy and morale and can depend on him, Sneijder return would have been great boost, not just in quality but in morale for other players. And managment frozen him, and going in a publicly war against him.

There is time and place for doing such things with contracts, and that is in the transfer period, and our managment could show more gratatude and class with dealing with players who gave their all and brought them and the club biggest achevments ther is in all history of the club.

.h.
26 Nov 12, 08:15
Sneijder has only really 'worked' at Inter for the last few games of last season since Mourinho left.

He's tactically awkward, would require a massive overhaul (AGAIN) of how we play...

How do you fit him into a 3 CB system? He needs wingers to play to, and that leaves 3 CBs too defensively exposed.

Nah, sorry, Sneijder doesn't justify it. Sell.

Iron_Inter
26 Nov 12, 09:32
Sneijder has only really 'worked' at Inter for the last few games of last season since Mourinho left.

He didnt have a chance to play with this team, we have new better team now, Cassano, Cou, Palacio, Guarin, Gargano, we still need a midfielder, but with much much better defence this year that isnt reflecting that bad.

To say that a player of Sneijder quality is not suited for our team is the stupidest thing to say. He is our best player by miles, he only needs a good coach to use his quality. But only in FIF would read that kind of crazy stuff, Strama NEVER SAID THAT, he said he is excited for Sneijder to return to his fitness and he could bring only quality in.

And if there is any coach to leave his player cause of this he would be out of job cause that would be his failiure not Sneijders. But this all BS thing its not beacause of that, it cause one thing one thing only and that is MONEY. Everything else you said about tactics is BS and you know it.

How do you fit him into a 3 CB system? He needs wingers to play to, and that leaves 3 CBs too defensively exposed.

You are aware that he is forward and dont play in CB.:chan: What does 3 man defense have to do with him playing forward.

He's tactically awkward, would require a massive overhaul (AGAIN) of how we play...

Well that explains it all. he is awkward.

UEFA midfielder of the season and one of the three best midfielders in the world, nominated for Ballon d'Or, one of the best player of the world, and you say he is tactically awkward. Speechless

.h.
26 Nov 12, 10:04
He didnt have a chance to play with this team, we have new better team now, Cassano, Cou, Palacio, Guarin, Gargano, we still need a midfielder, but with much much better defence this year that isnt reflecting that bad.

To say that a player of Sneijder quality is not suited for our team is the stupidest thing to say. He is our best player by miles, he only needs a good coach to use his quality. But only in FIF would read that kind of crazy stuff, Strama NEVER SAID THAT, he said he is excited for Sneijder to return to his fitness and he could bring only quality in.

And if there is any coach to leave his player cause of this he would be out of job cause that would be his failiure not Sneijders. But this all BS thing its not beacause of that, it cause one thing one thing only and that is MONEY. Everything else you said about tactics is BS and you know it.

You are aware that he is forward and dont play in CB.:chan: What does 3 man defense have to do with him playing forward.

Well that explains it all. he is awkward.

UEFA midfielder of the season and one of the three best midfielders in the world, nominated for Ballon d'Or, one of the best player of the world, and you say he is tactically awkward. Speechless

The fact that you don't understand how playing Sneijder affects our defensive line up makes me realize you don't understand how a TEAM WORKS

At the end of the day, the TEAM is the most important thing, and if Sneijder can't be inserted properly, then that's his problem.

Let me document for you why 3 CBs does not work with Sneijder...

With 3 CBs, you need deep width to provide cover for them on the flanks when you're defending. Sneijder thrives the most on the counterattack, but because we're counter attacking, our fucking fullbacks are in line with the Centre backs. They have to SPRINT up the pitch to even have a HOPE of getting involved in the play - this leaves Sneijder two options in front of him, say, Palacio + Milito (assuming we play a 3-4-1-2 - if not, its even less options then that). Now, this is where Sneijder would normally excel - he excelled under Mourinho when he had 3 options in front of him - namely Pandev Eto'o and Milito.

But, whats the big difference? With Pandev and Eto'o we played with quite a lot of width. They're not wingers, obviously, but they attack the full backs VERY directly. Remember, for example, the ball for Eto'o vs Chelsea? Or the one for Milito vs Milan? That's what I'm talking about. Beautiful cross field balls, inch perfect, putting pressure on the opponent full backs.

Who do we do that with, with 2 wing backs? You can't expect Nagatomo and Pereira/Zanetti to get up and down the field THAT quickly - Usain fucking Bolt wouldn't manage it on the counter attack.

That, infact, is why I'm a fan of the 4-2-3-1. Strama used it to great excellence at the Primavera, but for some reason, he seems very resistant to using it at this level.

You still believe Sneijder is one of the best 3 midfielders in the world? He had one fucking excellent season. But he's not even top 3 midfielders in Serie A now, sadly.

Yes, he is fucking tactically awkward. Even the worlds biggest Sneijder fanboys will tell you that. He can play ONE Position and ONE POSITION ONLY. He plays that position exceptionally fucking well - no one in the world will argue that - but he's not capable of playing ANY OTHER POSITION.

Look at what we tried with Ranieri, Gasperini, etc. He's tactically inflexible.

There are dead dogs in Africa who are more tactically flexible than Sneijder is, for fucks sake.

To be brutually honest, I like Sneijder. ,I think he's a great player, but we have no way of fitting him into the team. You don't disrupt a successful team for the sake of one player. You pick the players which give you the best TEAM, not the best players and then try to make a team out of them.

If our management thinks the best way to shape us up is without Sneijder, so be it. If Strama thinks he can fit Sneijder in - and get 12 million euros a year of performance from him - then go for it. I look forward to seeing the results, because I trust Strama.

But at no point in the last 2 years have I seen Sneijder justify a salary of 3m euros a season, let alone 12.

I would rather see that 20m of asset value + 12m/season of contract obligation be invested in, say, 2-3 younger players who fit into our current formation (for example Markovic, Jung, and Quintero).

Devious
26 Nov 12, 10:31
Long posts. skip :yao:

.h.
26 Nov 12, 10:34
Long posts. skip :yao:

one step closer to losing 50 thanks
:yao:

power corrupts
:yao:

Pajo
26 Nov 12, 10:54
I believe he could feature in 3-4-1-2 as the "1".

I am totally undecided on him. I love him and i think he hasn't said his final word at Inter. On other hand, he does earn too much, and his injuries are :palm:

Bluenine
26 Nov 12, 10:55
I don't agree with people here who insist that Sneijder had no place in our new tactical system. I think a trequartista is perfect for a 3 man defense, behind 2 strikers and dropping deep when we lose possession. Sneijder is a world class player, he can only improve our team and give Strama another tactical option.

That said, I completely understand where Branca & Co are coming from. We cannot afford those wages. My last calculation suggests that even after all those wage reductions, we are about 20m off the FFP targets. We pay over 10m gross a year to Sneijder, its simple maths. I think by next summer we will let go of Sneijder, Stankovic, and perhaps Samuel, and then we will be almost there. I don't think we have a choice in this matter, and I for one think our club has done a decent job of reducing our costs over the last 18 months, while still investing in the future. Not a great job, there have been mistakes, but a decent job where the mistakes have been much smaller than the successes.

For me, the next focus area is to increase our revenues to that when some of our youth talent become big, we can afford to keep them.

.h.
26 Nov 12, 10:56
If Sneijder was, instead, Xavi or Iniesta (for examples), I think he could play that '1'. Or Kaka. Or someone who has incredible vision for through balls and other attributes similar to the previous players.

But Sneijder's best attribute, those searching, deep cross field balls... They have no place in a 1-2 system. 3-1 system is fine, or otherwise playing with width, but when your widest players are the full backs, there's no space for Sneijder.

Iron_Inter
26 Nov 12, 11:03
Most of the post in unrelevant and not true. I'll cut to the point:

FIRST: So you are saying its not the Sneijder problem but the tactics, Then Strama may change the approach, he may play Sneijder where Cassano playes. Bottom line what i am saying is having Sneijder on the team would not make the team less stronger, its mad if you think it that way just beacause we have some good games without him.

Second: You said we tried him with Gasp and Ranieri . that sentence is one on own pure failiure. Cause of them we were in such shit possition, and our managment. THis year we have better coach, players, good team spirit, chance for CL spot, with recent actions of managment, they would only disrupt the players and coach.

We all talk about Baloteli as being a negative influence to the team, but what about menagment negative influence to the team, this ultimatums and publicly going to hunt him, you bet your ass Cassano and other players are not happy about their team mate giving that treatment. And Strama, in his intervew he said he will respect the desidion, but you could see him that he is not happy that he is put in that possition.

I again i am not against wage cut, but not NOW, in the middle of the season, and wtf is he frozen from playing? You all can criticise him after Sneijder was giving chance to play and sucked, only THEN you can say he is no longer one of the best midfielders. Saying he was bad with Gasp, Rafa and Ranieri doesnt serve u well cause every player was bad that time. But untill then managment let Sneijder be available for Strama and let him do his job none of this we will see, and the only one that will lose from this is INTER.

Bluenine
26 Nov 12, 11:09
I would rather see that 20m of asset value + 12m/season of contract obligation be invested in, say, 2-3 younger players who fit into our current formation (for example Markovic, Jung, and Quintero).

I think you are living in a fantasy world. I am not debating whether Sneijder is worth 20m, but whether we can get that much for him in the current market place. I personally think Inter will be lucky to get half that, for the following reasons:

1. His high salary limits the market to a handful of clubs who can afford him.
2. Many of the top clubs who can afford him already have invested heavily in that type of position. Man Utd got Kagawa, Chelsea got Oscar/Hazard, PSG got Pastore, Real got Ozil, Barca got Iniesta, Arsenal got Cazorla, etc. I am not saying these players are exactly like Sneijder, but that these clubs will now be reluctant to spend money in a player like Sneijder because of those alternatives.
3. I doubt Inter will want to sell him to a direct rival, which rules out Italian clubs (if they could afford him in the first place).

So who does that leave? Only the newly rich clubs like Anzhi may be willing to shell out that kinda money, provided Sneijder wants to go and play for club like that. He could easily say no. If he is smart he will (or already has).

Which is probably why there is a impasse today. Sneijder may be holding out for a Cesar/Lucio kind of situation, where he can walk away almost for nothing, thus attracting top clubs who are looking for a bargain (Milan?).

Thats why I think we will be lucky if we get even 10m for him...

.h.
26 Nov 12, 11:16
I'm just quoting the previous valuation of Sneijder. Anzhi for 15 is probably realistic.

Sokrates
26 Nov 12, 11:22
So which are the clubs probably interestet in a buy

P$G
CITY
CHELSEA (?)
MAN UTD
LIVERPOOL :lol:
ANZHI
ZENIT

other ones?

I4E
26 Nov 12, 11:24

P$G
CITY
CHELSEA (?)
MAN UTD
ANZHI
ZENIT

other ones?

I'd love to see Wes go to Liverpool !!! Those dumb cunts would pay €40m for him :carroll: :downing:

Wobblz
26 Nov 12, 11:24
I'm just quoting the previous valuation of Sneijder. Anzhi for 15 is probably realistic.
Mmmm, mmm... Yolanthe ain't going to Makhachkala.

.h.
26 Nov 12, 11:37
im throwing QPR into the hat..

Bluenine
26 Nov 12, 11:50

P$G
CITY
CHELSEA (?)
MAN UTD
ANZHI
ZENIT

other ones?

P$G - no chance, they got Pastore, and now Moura.
CITY - possible, but I think Mancini is more interested in someone like De Rossi. However, if Mou is their coach next season..........
CHELSEA (?) - No chance. They got Oscar and Hazard, and are building for the future. Their priority is in attack and defence.
MAN UTD - No chance now that they have spent big money for Kagawa.
LIVERPOOL :lol: - They are stupid enough to do anything, so lets not rule them out :)
ANZHI - Maybe, but would Sneijder want to go there?
ZENIT - same as Anzhi.

Hasan
26 Nov 12, 11:53
PSG for sure. Sneijder with Ancelotti and Leo plus Yolanthe with Paris. :D

I4E
26 Nov 12, 11:55
Sell Yolanthe and keep Sneijder ??? that could work !

Devious
26 Nov 12, 12:05
I wana keep Yolanthe :megusta:

Native
26 Nov 12, 12:05
That would work

Hasan
26 Nov 12, 12:17
On a serious note, browha is corect. Sneijder can't fit in this formation. And someone said that Sneijder is forward ... that's just stupid.

sanka
26 Nov 12, 12:19
Sneidjer on the fridge.

He kinda deserves it to be fair.

Alessandro
26 Nov 12, 12:25
Regardless of weather not Sneijder fits in our system or not, Inter is getting a big PR hit with this situation. Not good for our reputation anyway... This should of been kept internal until they sought out the issue. Fair enough, re negotiate the contract but why can't he play?

rockball
26 Nov 12, 12:30
Why is no one considering Milan as a possible destination for him?

sanka
26 Nov 12, 12:33
Why is no one considering Milan as a possible destination for him?

Cause they're cheap bastards?

Plus they got 3 players who can play that position and they're cool with it.

.h.
26 Nov 12, 12:34
I agree, Branca has handled this situation terribly...

wera
26 Nov 12, 12:40
are Milan going to offer a big enuff contract for Wes

Wobblz
26 Nov 12, 12:47
After Pazzini I doubt Milan are going to think about getting any of our players soon.

NeonBlade
26 Nov 12, 12:57
I just realised I may never get to see Palacio, Cassano and Sneijder play together, they are probably the most creative, intelligent players that we have, in combination with Cambiasso and Gurain we would have been an amazing side to watch.

But who wants to see that, when we can play a back three and stick Zanetti in the midfield...:pokerface:

Native
26 Nov 12, 13:17
'Manchester United reportedly set to make move for £200,000-a-week Inter Milan star! Find out more: http://bit.ly/V1KZYZ [from GMF]'

wera
26 Nov 12, 13:36
Branca will probably sell him for 3 mil

maxpower88
26 Nov 12, 14:12
It's time to cash in on Sneijder. He clearly doesn't want to be here anymore. He's never been as motivated as he was during the 2009-10 season. His value has only gone down. Him being as injury prone as he is, his value us unlikely to increase, only slowly decrease, which is why we need to cash in now. He's not as important to the team as he once is now that we have Cassano and Coutinho is starting to mature as a footballer. His wage is also very high, it would do the club good to shave that figure off the list of expenses.

IRR26
26 Nov 12, 15:18
Branca will probably sell him for 3 mil

6 + Silvestre.