PDA

View Full Version : Group A

Stefan
05 Dec 09, 10:31
1.South Africa
2.Mexico
3.Uruguay
4.France

My prediction France and Mexico to go through.

Besnik
05 Dec 09, 10:44
My predictions for France and Uruguay to go through.

Interista Gallese
05 Dec 09, 13:25
Mexico and France

Bes
05 Dec 09, 13:32
Mexico and France
Same.

lonewolf19
05 Dec 09, 13:36
France and South Africa

sergiu.inter
05 Dec 09, 14:46
Mexico and Uruguay ;)

Suneet
05 Dec 09, 14:56
Forlan?! Cavani? A little more confidence in Uruguay, but things can change its a long way to go.

rsz85
06 Dec 09, 18:17
Mexico will be first, im sure. South Africa will be last.

Who is second? If France play near of their real quality, they will. If they will suck (as i want) then Urus can go through.

France-Uruguay will be the decisive one.

The777
28 Dec 09, 11:53
France and Uruguay.

mexican_azzurri
02 Jan 10, 01:01
México and France

Sassuolu
02 Jan 10, 12:25
I've got a feeling France may be out earlier than expected, I don't think there is much harmony within that team considering the fact that the players think the coach is a complete idiot.

GrandeInter10
06 Mar 10, 00:45
Mexico and France to go through. (Both countries of my origin)

Mexico to make it to the Quarter Finals (maybe farther) and France to be knocked out in the first round. I agree with Toninu, the team seems so unbalanced and out of whack. The talent is there but the organisation is crap and Domenech is an imbecile.

Eli Ja
24 Mar 10, 11:02
France and Mexico.
Mexico kicked ass last WC.

zip
10 Jun 10, 09:36
Mexico and Uruguay. France is ridiculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5SB-L8jpbs

Blanco scores 2 goals tomorrow, rá!

FORZAAAAAA URUGUAI!

brehme1989
10 Jun 10, 10:25
fack! it's tomorrow :D

Handoyo
10 Jun 10, 10:41
What an anti-climax of an opening match though. South Africa vs Mexico. :| FIFA shoulda fix it and let it be SA vs France.

Stefan
10 Jun 10, 10:51
What an anti-climax of an opening match though. South Africa vs Mexico. :| FIFA shoulda fix it and let it be SA vs France.

The way the french are currently playing I reckon mexico will be a more entertaining team.

Anyway I reckon I have to change my prediction for this group. I now don't think france will make it. For me mexico to top the group and either sa or uruguay to join them.

dynasty27
10 Jun 10, 10:52
Nahhh Han show Los Tricolores some respect.:P

Handoyo
10 Jun 10, 11:05
Well I don't really give a damn who's a better team. I treat this World Cup as pure football entertainment event and thus, I just want the big names. :D Eg, I'd prefer to see David Beckham compared to any Mexico player. :P

brehme1989
10 Jun 10, 11:10
World Cup is a neutral's entertainment! It sucks wanting a team or player to score a goal just because it will cost you money... ( I do place bets, but seriously they are not well thought of and I don't really remember what I bet on. That way I watch a game with no care of the outcome and go home, check what I bet on, if I win I'm happy...:D)

Handoyo
10 Jun 10, 11:36
Indeed. I remember the last World Cup was so fun because me & my friends were doing all sort of bets. :D Live match online betting, bets against each other, etc etc.

Choppin Onions
11 Jun 10, 05:51
Ya betting makes the beautiful game even more enjoyable. I never bet on Inter though... for some reason it feels wrong.

I got a draw between SA and the Mexicans while Uruguay pulling a shock? upset.

scutzon
11 Jun 10, 06:45
My friend says the host country never loses in the first match. Don't know how true that is, but I really can't see anything beyond Mexico for the opening match. Uruguay has every chance of pulling off an upset though.

Suneet
11 Jun 10, 08:31
I'm surprised that you think Uruguay will pull off an upset. You should be saying France might pull of a upset.

Campione
11 Jun 10, 10:40
SA should get atleast draw today. As it's said - the host country never loses the opening game :D. Also, I expect Uruguay to crush France.

Gano
11 Jun 10, 10:57
I hope Suarez and Forlan will rape France's defence.

dynasty27
11 Jun 10, 11:00
XZ9dh3A9rKA&feature=related

Gano
11 Jun 10, 14:55
Fuck the referee!! Robbed Mexico of a legal goal. I hope El Tri will trash Bafana Bafana in the second half.

GrandeInter10
11 Jun 10, 15:12
Fuck the referee!! Robbed Mexico of a legal goal. I hope El Tri will trash Bafana Bafana in the second half.+1

Gano
11 Jun 10, 15:12
+1

Damn, it was offside apparently :lol: Never seen such situation before :)

brehme1989
11 Jun 10, 15:17
goal for S.Africa!!!

vitomins
11 Jun 10, 15:43
Damn, it was offside apparently :lol: Never seen such situation before :)

Huh?? He was 10 yards ON side...or are you saying you have never seen such a bad call?

dynasty27
11 Jun 10, 15:45
Vela was behind the GK, so offside according to the rules.

vitomins
11 Jun 10, 15:46
Vela was behind the GK, so offside according to the rules.

Oh I didn't even look for the goalkeeper...was he really behind him??

pazzainteramala
11 Jun 10, 15:52
omg south africa just hit the post.

Luca-22
11 Jun 10, 15:59
1-1 :D Nice, I'm winning some money with that score

Gano
11 Jun 10, 16:05
Huh?? He was 10 yards ON side...or are you saying you have never seen such a bad call?

My first thought - that referee is retarded! Then I found offside rule description and everything became clear.
I've never seen situation, where goalkeeper goes so far from the goal-line and the ref whistles offside. In all similar situations goalkeepers defended successfully or there were goals scored, but never offside. This is first time for me :D

Sassuolu
11 Jun 10, 16:16
Wow that Mexican goalkeeper was terrible and then Mexico playing with 2 defenders doesn't really help him considering that he's pretty shaky coming off his line.

And does anyone else hate those bloody horns? Oh my God I'm gonna get a headache this month...

GrandeInter10
11 Jun 10, 16:35
Wow that Mexican goalkeeper was terrible and then Mexico playing with 2 defenders doesn't really help him considering that he's pretty shaky coming off his line.

And does anyone else hate those bloody horns? Oh my God I'm gonna get a headache this month...IDK why the fuck Aguirre started that leprechaun when we have two young high quality GKs in Michel and Ochoa.

FCBarca
11 Jun 10, 17:21
Yeah, very odd offside situation that denied El Tri the early goal but I do agree it was the right call

Perez has to be the smallest keeper in the WC...Rafa to level after being played in on a beautiful ball over the top from fellow Primera player Guardado.

Fair result I guess, both had their chances and refs didn't blow it...Blanco, for Mexico, was terrible though...Love to see the stats on how many balls he gave away.

Not a bad showing from the Uzbeki ref, must say

Gano
11 Jun 10, 17:44

And does anyone else hate those bloody horns? Oh my God I'm gonna get a headache this month...

Yeah, those horns are driving my crazy. It seems like the stadium is huge bee hive. I hope that South Africans won't attend games where they NT won't play :)

Sassuolu
11 Jun 10, 17:48
Yeah, the ref was pretty good could've kept the game flow a bit more but still top notch, the offside call was also excellent considering that the last man counted as the goalkeeper.

FCBarca
11 Jun 10, 17:50
Yeah, the horns are called vuvuzelas, it's been widely discussed for over a year now actually...I hate them too although some fans have apparently gotten used to it

FCBarca
11 Jun 10, 17:52
Uruguay vs France up next...Le Coq est mort, gotta go with my darkhorse for the WC - Uruguay

dynasty27
11 Jun 10, 18:08
Dont wanna hear "please buy Suarez" during or after the game.:P

I think the frenchies are like Italy, everybody expect them to choke and write them off before they play off their experience. Let's see.

FCBarca
11 Jun 10, 18:11
Dont wanna hear "please buy Suarez" during or after the game.:P

He's already said he's leaving Ajax only for one club http://www.tiki-taka.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif

I think the frenchies are like Italy, everybody expect them to choke and write them off before they play off their experience. Let's see.

Yeah, could happen...Winning in spite of DumbDumb

Gano
11 Jun 10, 18:17
Come on Suarez and Forlan :)

brehme1989
11 Jun 10, 18:47
Crap Gargano is on the bench :( (fantasy league)

FCBarca
11 Jun 10, 19:12
Shocking turn of events, for me, so far with this match...Uruguay look like they have no idea what to do whereas France are looking pretty impressive (Apart from Anelka & Govou)...Ribery, Diaby & Gourcuff all have been very good

Gano
11 Jun 10, 19:20
Anelka screwed good chance for Govou. Domenech is pretty impressive, so many gestures standing by the sideline :lol:

Jacquez
11 Jun 10, 19:42
Gourcuff and Ribery have been very disappointing. Diego Forlan on the other hand is amazing - reminds me of Diego Milito, only with blonde hair.

FCBarca
11 Jun 10, 19:53
Gourcuff and Ribery have been very disappointing. Diego Forlan on the other hand is amazing - reminds me of Diego Milito, only with blonde hair.

Must be watching a different match

vitomins
11 Jun 10, 19:56
My first thought - that referee is retarded! Then I found offside rule description and everything became clear.
I've never seen situation, where goalkeeper goes so far from the goal-line and the ref whistles offside. In all similar situations goalkeepers defended successfully or there were goals scored, but never offside. This is first time for me :D

I have seen this once before, but I didn't even realize he was behind the goalkeeper. Haha I just assumed he was, great call by the linesman!

FCBarca
11 Jun 10, 19:59
Titi to come on...Evra lucky to still be playing, IMHO...Should've received his 2nd yellow...Refs have let a lot go for a lot of the match

Michael
11 Jun 10, 20:00
Forlan just missed a great chance. Poor execution!!!

Gourcuff and Ribery have been disappoiting. However I'm quite impressive with Diaby.

Jacquez
11 Jun 10, 20:02
Ribery fails time and time again with his dribblings. Albeit the only great chance came from his cross, he has failed to be dangerous throughout the match. Gourcuff has been better in the second half, but comparing with what I thought he would achieve he has let me down..

Suarez is very bad as well, but in general i thinkUruguay has been the stronger side.

FCBarca
11 Jun 10, 20:04
I suspect Malouda will do well to open things up enough to give Les Bleus the edge as full time draws near

Michael
11 Jun 10, 20:09
Red card for Lodeiro. Let's see if France can take advantage of this opportunity.

FCBarca
11 Jun 10, 20:10
Foolish, foolish, foolish

dynasty27
11 Jun 10, 20:18
Haha Titi the handball-player calls for a handball by a Uru player.

Michael
11 Jun 10, 20:20
Last chance for France to score from this free-kick.

Michael
11 Jun 10, 20:22
Draw is a fair result. What a boring game.

Jimmy
11 Jun 10, 20:27
South Africa and its population has just ruined something millions of people have been waiting for for four years. When fans even have to mute their TV's you know something is bad.

Thanks a lot. Like I needed another reason to think this WC is rather mediocre.

Besnik
11 Jun 10, 20:29
Draw is a fair result. What a boring game.

Indeed. But even though France was more attacking, the draw was fair result. Gourcuff was not impressive tonight, not even great.. almost no one was impresive tonight... I can say that Uruguay's pressing in the first of the second half was really good, if they would continue to use it, I think they would have scored.

Two matches, two draw's so far.. I think this draw is appreciated by Uruguay. :)

YgYgYg
11 Jun 10, 20:34
I thought Uruguay was quite impressive. Especially that no. 11 Alvaro Pereira. Looks like an unpolished gem to me

jamsieboy86
11 Jun 10, 20:40
France missed the chance of winning this game, I thought they were not as positive as they could've been. They didn't utilise the wide areas near enough, Ribery was far too central in the last 10 mins.

La Brujita
11 Jun 10, 20:43
Such a boring game. I don't feel like commenting at all.

On the bright side, the vuvuzelas don't bother me anymore. I hate them, but I got used to them.

Looking forward to tomorrow's games.

pazzainteramala
11 Jun 10, 20:48
damn horns i dont understand why they cant fucken ban them jesus they are so annoying and ruin the game.. i rather have this game hosted on the moon..

Campione
11 Jun 10, 20:52
Well, the opening game was fine. SA and Mexico both had their chances. On the other hand, Uruguay versus France was B O R I N G.

Principe
11 Jun 10, 20:56
I read somewhere that if you change the frequency of the sound you can remove the sound of the honks, wonder if anybody has a clue how it's done.

Sassuolu
11 Jun 10, 20:59
Damn that game was boring, leave it to the French to steal an hour and a half from the world's life :P

pazzainteramala
11 Jun 10, 21:01
damn two ties booring for me , especially with those horns in the backround.

The Fresh Prince
11 Jun 10, 21:04
Watching Ribery was rather annoying; always trying to dribble 3 men instead of passing the ball...I'd hate to play football with a player like that.

Stefan
11 Jun 10, 21:40
Just use decent air plugs. I was live at the game and could hardly hear the mosquito buzzing( no offence to anyone who likes the stuff). Its all down to politics why the vuvuzela wasn't banned.

Jimmy
11 Jun 10, 21:58
I haven't waited four years to buy ear plugs, or have this entire thing ruined. If this isn't banned, I am boycotting the fucking thing. Can you imagine following England or Italy, and not even hear the fans due to this? Unbeilvable.

I wouldn't be surprised if by tomorrow, we hear English fans causing riots because of not being allowed to cheer and enjoy their team in a football matter.

And seriously, Stefan, if you couldn't hear that, then I do wonder.

Stefan
11 Jun 10, 22:03
I haven't waited four years to buy ear plugs, or have this entire thing ruined. If this isn't banned, I am boycotting the fucking thing. Can you imagine following England or Italy, and not even hear the fans due to this? Unbeilvable.

I wouldn't be surprised if by tomorrow, we hear English fans causing riots because of not being allowed to cheer and enjoy their team in a football matter.

And seriously, Stefan, if you couldn't hear that, then I do wonder.

I had very very good earplugs. Without the earplugs its a disaster and would cause me to have a massive headache. With my very good earplugs I can't hear it. Can't hear my friends next to me either but that's the price to pay for enjoying the games live.

I prepared knowing this would happen. But I do agree I prefer the english/italian way of creating atmosphere. I just don't see fifa banning it at this point, they should have never allowed it. I don't see it changing now, so its either adapt or boycot the wc.

Btw. Guys who wanted to see my pics from the game and opening ceremony:

http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?aid=225935#!/album.php?aid=225935&id=571765860&upload=1 (http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?aid=225935#%21/album.php?aid=225935&id=571765860&upload=1)

You need to be registered at fb and add me as a friend.

pazzainteramala
11 Jun 10, 22:09
if fans start protesting it will be banned no way a damn horn will ruin a wc.

Stefan
11 Jun 10, 22:46
if fans start protesting it will be banned no way a damn horn will ruin a wc.

Which fans will these be?? 90% of the people who attend the games like/love the horns.

Its here to stay for this tournament whether we like it or not.

pazzainteramala
12 Jun 10, 03:29
maybe not africans but the rest of the people like us who are pissed of with this annoying sound.

La Bling
12 Jun 10, 05:11
The vuvuzela is part of the culture.
The English sing, the Italians blow shit up, the Mexicans bang drums, and the Africans blow horns. It's just as legitimate a nose-maker, and the fact that a bunch of Europeans don't like it doesn't make it ban-able.

dynasty27
12 Jun 10, 06:48
The vuvuzela is part of the culture.
The English sing, the Italians blow shit up, the Mexicans bang drums, and the Africans blow horns. It's just as legitimate a nose-maker, and the fact that a bunch of Europeans don't like it doesn't make it ban-able.

I completely agree! Not only the South Africans have got the WC, but it belongs to and should represent the whole African continent. So we should really let them celebrate in their own fashion, even though it is kinda annoying but some people will get used to it and then it won't matter at all. And in the case if the commentator is even more annoying with his incompetent words you won't hear him at least^^

Anyway I'd prefer this kind of atmosphere than see fans throwing fireworks or cause troubles. So at least the sports and peace should have priority.

Gano
12 Jun 10, 07:22
Uruguay remembered me of few matches of Inter this season. Successfully defending and trying to counter. However, they lacked creative player like Wes. Their all creativity were in Forlan and Suarez, so Forlan most of the time was playing in midfield. I think they played well, Celeste worked out that point, which can be crucial.

And despite the fact that I hate vuvuzelas, I have to admit that I got used to it. As more time passes, the noise of vuvuzelas gets more and more quiet. People get tired of blowing that stuff :D

blackmore
12 Jun 10, 07:24
I completely agree! Not only the South Africans have got the WC, but it belongs to and should represent the whole African continent. So we should really let them celebrate in their own fashion, even though it is kinda annoying but some people will get used to it and then it won't matter at all. And in the case if the commentator is even more annoying with his incompetent words you won't hear him at least^^

Anyway I'd prefer this kind of atmosphere than see fans throwing fireworks or cause troubles. So at least the sports and peace should have priority.

totally agreed.....instead of fighting with other supporters,vandalising the field or abusing the players on the pitch, they tend to celebrate their passion with music. and if it be with some super hyped up atomic powered horns, so be it.

its pretty shameful. my bet is you know what your gonna expect when your going, and if you dont like it, then dont go, its that simple.

no one has ever questioned the brazilians and their samba drumbs, or the italians with their firecrackers, even the japanese have a kazoo like instrument that sounds like a duck call and it goes on during the whole game.

freakin crazy..............

Choppin Onions
12 Jun 10, 08:50
Uruguay is rubbish. Couldn't string together more than a few passes all game. France wasn't much better. Still see France getting through the group stages as they always seem to do. The other spot is up for grabs though.

brehme1989
12 Jun 10, 17:52
Hope that Mexico and Uruguay go through but it'll be the exact opposite ;/

Efrain21C
13 Jun 10, 02:21
Hope that Mexico and Uruguay go through but it'll be the exact opposite ;/

I hope that Mexico finish last in this group, qualifying South Africa and Uruguay

brehme1989
16 Jun 10, 16:06
vuvuzela party tonight! probably won't watch it. Hope Uruguay does great (firm believer that they will top their group)

Besnik
16 Jun 10, 18:57
1-0 Uruguay..

Diego Forlan scored.. :thumbsup:

La Bling
16 Jun 10, 19:00
I was gonna say "what a strike!" but really just a(n) (un)lucky deflection.

Fabio
16 Jun 10, 20:21
Shame the vuvuzela's an endless drone of shit, though.

Principe
16 Jun 10, 20:43
Well he did silence the vuvuzelas for about 1 minute

Suneet
16 Jun 10, 20:47
....easily that was the best minute of the World Cup.

Pajo
16 Jun 10, 20:55
^^ :lol: :lol:

oh and.. Cavani is soooo overrated, no way he costs more than 25 mils...

La Bling
16 Jun 10, 21:00
I didn't think that was a reBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

FCBarca
16 Jun 10, 21:10
Another fine example of why a big club shouldn't gamble on a player like Suarez

Stefan
16 Jun 10, 22:04
Uruguay were just way too good tacticly and technicly for SA. Only chance SA now has is a draw tomorrow then uruguay to beat mexico and SA to beat france. Very unlikely but miracles do happen.

Bes
16 Jun 10, 23:39
Yes, miracles do happen, but I don't think this time they will :D.

A very good match by Uruguay, who have quite a decent team there. Man Forlan is so clinical, like always. "Something never changes" :D

Waiting tomorrow's evening match as I think it will be one hell of a game. Hope France fails there.

Stefan
16 Jun 10, 23:47
If someone is going to win , it will be mexico. France look to disjointed.

Bes
16 Jun 10, 23:49
If someone is going to win , it will be mexico. France look to disjointed.

Well, when you have a coach like Domenech that's what happens. And with that team they're just not going to reach what they want. Plus we're seeing a very good team at Mexico, especially the attack.

brehme1989
17 Jun 10, 06:46
We support Mexico don't we ? :D

Sassuolu
17 Jun 10, 07:32
Definitely supporting Mexico, only God knows how much I hate the bloody French.

P.S Forlan is a bloody world cup hero for stopping those stupid vuvuzuelas, they don't create any atmosphere, no emotion, they're just idiots blowing into a trumpet, I'd rather hear the roar of a stadium when a team scores than some stupid trumpet.

Pajo
17 Jun 10, 13:58
Yeah, FORZA MEXICO! I just hope those franch bastard don't qualify to the next round.. :D

FCBarca
17 Jun 10, 14:01
Yeah, I'm hoping for El Tri to end Les Bleus chances in this WC...Should be a great match

dynasty27
17 Jun 10, 15:00
I was gonna say "what a strike!" but really just a(n) (un)lucky deflection.

Bad reminiscence of Sheva's goal...

FCBarca
17 Jun 10, 17:57
Govou still in the lineup, Gourcuff dropped...And the dwarf still in goal for El Tri

dynasty27
17 Jun 10, 18:07
Read an article which says Gourcuff would be mobbed inside the squad because he's too well educated well-mannered.

ALLEZ LES NOIRES!

FCBarca
17 Jun 10, 19:04
Entertaining match so far with a blistering pace...Shame about Vela though

Michael
17 Jun 10, 19:51
Mexico scores. France is just pathetic under Domenech.

2-0 for Mexico. I think it's safe to say that Domenech will lose his job after this WC... right?

pazzainteramala
17 Jun 10, 20:16
France have a problem worse than italy, and they have more creative players.

dynasty27
17 Jun 10, 20:21

2-0 for Mexico. I think it's safe to say that Domenech will lose his job after this WC... right?

Blanc is already the coach.

Alex de Large
17 Jun 10, 20:22
*viva mexico cabrones

Gano
17 Jun 10, 20:26
180 minutes and no goals for one of the best starting lineups in the world :)

Besnik
17 Jun 10, 20:28
Goodbye France. :D

I feel sorry for them.. I'm sure Blanc would do much better job than crappy Domenech.

FCBarca
17 Jun 10, 20:32
Goodbye France. :D

I feel sorry for them.. I'm sure Blanc would do much better job than crappy Domenech.

Yeah, I think DumbDumb was never a smart idea to continue after the way they crashed out of Euro 2008 but such is the logic of the FFF

To be fair to Les Bleus though, I think Hernandez may have been offside...Very curious to see a better replay

FCBarca
17 Jun 10, 20:33

Laurent Blanc was appointed the NT manager even before the WC so DumbDumb was never going to continue...FFF are very strange

pazzainteramala
17 Jun 10, 20:56
why didnt blanc coach france for this wc ??

Jnr
17 Jun 10, 21:00
Forza Ireland and Fuck handball Henry and his Les Bleus buddies , this is what youll get cheating bastardi!And thats it..

FCBarca
17 Jun 10, 21:07
why didnt blanc coach france for this wc ??

Your guess is as good as mine...Domenech should've been let go after the Euro 2008 disaster but wasn't...The FFF is quite conservative actually and rarely do anything kneejerk...Yet, the timing of Blanc's appointment leading into the WC makes it even a stranger decision based on how poorly France have continued to look under Domenech

FCBarca
17 Jun 10, 21:09
It'll be interesting going into the last matches now...Because, believe it or not, SA & France still have an outside shot to qualify for the 2nd round (One will need to pummel the other, though) - so long as El Tri & Uruguay do not draw

Stefan
17 Jun 10, 22:24
Yeah, I think DumbDumb was never a smart idea to continue after the way they crashed out of Euro 2008 but such is the logic of the FFF

To be fair to Les Bleus though, I think Hernandez may have been offside...Very curious to see a better replay

Replays seem to suggest he may have been just level. Very close call but mexico deserved the luck. They had the best chances and france did nothing.

DIN011
17 Jun 10, 22:26
Wasn't an offside...he was just behind Abidal's right foot.

arnolld
17 Jun 10, 22:38
Domenech is without words? He's just crazy...France are finishing the world cup as in 2002.

Triumph in 1998, Scandal in 2002.
Final in 2006, Disaster in 2010.

Domenech = Bullshit !

Alex de Large
17 Jun 10, 22:58
He did also suck in Euro 2008.

Bes
17 Jun 10, 23:23
I'm sure there's something we don't know why Domenech is still there. Why doesn't FFF just sack him much much earlier?

Pajo
17 Jun 10, 23:34
the goal wasn't offside, it was close, but no offside.. :)

Well deserved for mexico tthough.. Now i can see Uruguay and mexico draw in the last game, it will be boring match.. And fuck yeah, the team that didn't deserve to be in this world cup will be out in the group round :lol:

FCBarca
17 Jun 10, 23:36
Replays seem to suggest he may have been just level. Very close call but mexico deserved the luck. They had the best chances and france did nothing.

Definitely deserved to come out on top, very happy for El Tri, tbh...Loved the frenetic pace of the match too, just end to end - felt like I was watching ping pong at one point.

Someone posted this pic elsewhere to show that it was onside but I wasn't still convinced...Curious what others think...I know Abidal's back heel is believed to keep Javier onside but that line really only shows where the feet are...Hernandez' shoulder and torso really do look like they are ahead of Abidal...Small point but curious what others make of it.

http://i45.tinypic.com/rc91sw.jpg

Pajo
17 Jun 10, 23:46
I think the rule says according to the feet... I don't know if the players body is 'counter' there..

Anyone knows how the exact rule is written?

mexican_azzurri
17 Jun 10, 23:48
*viva mexico cabrones

:D

lonewolf19
17 Jun 10, 23:54
Big lol @ France

FCBarca
18 Jun 10, 00:09
Now i can see Uruguay and mexico draw in the last game, it will be boring match.. And fuck yeah, the team that didn't deserve to be in this world cup will be out in the group round :lol:

Not likely...With the runner up in the group likely to face Argentina in the 2nd round, I don't think either side will 'agree' to a draw

La Bling
18 Jun 10, 00:12
I think the rule says according to the feet... I don't know if the players body is 'counter' there..

Anyone knows how the exact rule is written?

Laws of the Game 2007/2008 (http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/laws_of_the_game_0708_10565.pdf), page 36

Decision 1
In the definition of offside position, “nearer to his opponents’ goal
line” means that any part of his head, body or feet is nearer to his
opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent.
The arms are not included in this defi nition.

Universe
18 Jun 10, 03:25
I'm sure there's something we don't know why Domenech is still there. Why doesn't FFF just sack him much much earlier?

I have wondered the same thing for many years and decided it's because they, (until appointed Blanc) were too scared of change.

In 2006, it was Zidane who almost single-handedly dragged France to the final. Perhaps some people thought this was by some scenario the work of Domenech. If there is one manager who I despise more than / close to Maradona, it is Domenech. The guy just epitomises snobbery, insolence, arrogance and incredible incompetence. A failure at all things to fail at, including proposing.

Choppin Onions
18 Jun 10, 03:29
Seeing the French practically eliminated (barring a small miracle) is just orgasmic.

brehme1989
18 Jun 10, 05:01
Sweet result :)

A draw between Mexico and Uruguay will eliminate France.
South Africa might even beat France! I don't think ever a nation that hosted the World Cup made no victory!
So if Uruguay beats Mexico and South Africa beats France, the hosts have a small chance of qualifying!

visionary
20 Jun 10, 01:40
Anelka has been axed by the FFF for refusing to apologise for his behaviour at half-time.

brehme1989
20 Jun 10, 11:46
He said: "Fuck off Domenech"

Someone had to :D

blackmore
20 Jun 10, 12:22
he should be given the purple heart or valour of honour or something like that...

Stefan
20 Jun 10, 12:52
Today's paper said he called domenech a son of a whore.

Suneet
20 Jun 10, 14:14
They dont deserve to be at the World Cup. And I respect Anelka a little more now.

brehme1989
20 Jun 10, 15:21
Today's paper said he called domenech a son of a whore.

Yeah he said that too apparently :P

"Fuck off, Domenech, you son of a bitch" :D

FCBarca
20 Jun 10, 15:43
FFF at a loss on what to do now...Wonder if there's any chance of FIFA imposing sanctions against the NT and/or FFF

This experience for the French at this WC will reverberate for a long time, reinforcing all the usual stereotypes of Les Bleus

Stefan
20 Jun 10, 16:51
Just heard on live the french team refused to train today.

FCBarca
20 Jun 10, 16:55
Just heard on live the french team refused to train today.

Comedy of errors with Les Bleus...They showed a vid of the training ground bustup between Evra & one of their trainers (Who subsequently resigned)...Shambolic and blame is not limited to just one person (DumbDumb), it's widespread

Suneet
20 Jun 10, 17:14
Its the French Federation, how did they stick to Domenech for so long, nobody will be able to explain for 100years. The players clearly think he is a moron, they are standing by Anelka even after what he said(I agree with him:P), but he shouldnt have said it.

FCBarca
20 Jun 10, 17:25
Its the French Federation, how did they stick to Domenech for so long, nobody will be able to explain for 100years. The players clearly think he is a moron, they are standing by Anelka even after what he said(I agree with him:P), but he shouldnt have said it.

It remained a mystery, for me, how DumbDumb remained on after that disaster at Euro 2008...But how does a manager really have much in the way of autonomy let alone respect when you know your replacement has already been announced and merely waiting?...The FFF certainly shoulders a lot of blame but the lack of professionalism from the players is pretty ridiculous, as well...To know the French, tbh, this sort of fiasco just begs of being soooo French :D

mexican_azzurri
20 Jun 10, 21:54
jo6GmRfI4Ys
RUekO-fmlnU

Stefan
20 Jun 10, 23:02
Apparently lots of these issues has to do with gourcuff. Apparently the rest of the squad bullies him because he doesn't like to go clubbing with them. He was the one evra reffered to as the traitor.

The problems and friction in the French team are down to a split over one man: Yoann Gourcuff.

Gourcuff comes from a privileged family. He is smart and he is respectful - but he is also still a shy little boy. In his spare time he listens to music, watches films and plays his video game systems. He is, in his own words, a little nerdy.

In a French squad that places more value on how much money you have in your bank account, and what girl is on your arm, Gourcuff doesn't fit.

One incident occurred shortly before the World Cup. Franck Ribery and Sidney Govou had organised a night out at well known gentleman's club in Paris. Several players, including Gourcuff decided to stay home. When Ribery heard about this he immediately confronted Gourcuff and asked 'does your mother not allow you to go, you homosexual slur'

This is one of many incidents.

Ribery is the main instigator in the bullying, however he is far from alone. On the pitch, Gourcuff plays within himself. Scared because he fears the verbal retribution he will receive after the match from his tormentors.

In the squad, Gourcuff can count on only 4 real allies. His best friend Hugo Lloris, his teammate Jeremy Toulalan, elder statesmen Thierry Henry and captain and the glue that holds the team very loosely together, Patrice Evra.

When Raymond Domonech bowed to player pressure and dropped Gourcuff for France's second group match, that was the catalyst for the situation in which we now find ourselves.

Reports of groups hardly talking to each other soon surfaced, however, most notable were the French media suggestions that playmaker Yoann Gourcuff was isolated and suffering extreme verbal and even physical bullying at the hands of Franck Ribery.

"We're not all the best of friends, that's normal, but hopefully that does not translate on to the pitch," midfielder Jeremy Toulalan, a close friend of Gourcuff, said when asked about those reports.

"For instance, when I'm playing with Yoann, I'm not going to pass him the ball more just because we get on well,"

Just Fontaine, who scored a record 13 goals for France at the 1958 World Cup, was damning in his verdict on Ribery.

"Ribery? One day the mistake was made to say he was the team's brains and since, he has believed it. He is an arrogant man. He has a mood and an anger within him that is extremely unpleasant and disruptive"

FCBarca
20 Jun 10, 23:15
Sooo glad Barca didn't continue their pursuit of Ribery

Alex de Large
21 Jun 10, 00:19
What a pathetic situation, man.
So it's basically players from the suburbs vs white boys (almost all)

blackmore
21 Jun 10, 01:07
go the boyz from the burbs.......

this shit is getting out of hand, a massive cleanup is needed here.

brehme1989
22 Jun 10, 09:53
2 draws here will keep me happy

brehme1989
22 Jun 10, 14:14
Djibril Cisse started the game :)

lonewolf19
22 Jun 10, 14:32
Gourcuff sent off. Game over France

FCBarca
22 Jun 10, 14:37
Anyone comment on how Yoann was sent off?

Dylan
22 Jun 10, 14:39
Ah it's great to be Irish now. C'mon Bafana!

Dylan
22 Jun 10, 14:41
Anyone comment on how Yoann was sent off?

Leading in for a header with his elbow and caught the other player and the ball hit his hand.

dynasty27
22 Jun 10, 14:43
how many goals do BB need if there's a winner in the other game?

FCBarca
22 Jun 10, 14:45
Terrific goal from Uruguay...Terrible marking from El Tri but what a ball to find Suarez' for the easy header

FCBarca
22 Jun 10, 14:48
how many goals do BB need if there's a winner in the other game?

Well, right now they're level with El Tri in terms of total goals but the goal differential still favors Mexico...I am assuming the scoreline will not remain the same for either match...Wow, what a turn of events if Mexico crashes out

sergiu.inter
22 Jun 10, 14:50
fuck France....go home assholes...

blackmore
22 Jun 10, 14:53
S.A need another 2 goals.....

Dylan
22 Jun 10, 14:53
Mexico +1
BB -1

Goal diff.

FCBarca
22 Jun 10, 14:57
S.A need another 2 goals.....

Actually, they could get through without scoring another goal and keeping France scoreless...Just would need Uruguay to finish 2-0...1st tie breaker is total goals, 2nd is goal differential

blackmore
22 Jun 10, 15:03
Actually, they could get through without scoring another goal and keeping France scoreless...Just would need Uruguay to finish 2-0...1st tie breaker is total goals, 2nd is goal differential

again troll u show your shortcomings, this time in the field of simple mathematics. if uruguay finish 2-0 el tri goal diff is 0, while an unchanged scoreline will leave b.b at -1.

as it is el tri at +1 while b.b at -1

FCBarca
22 Jun 10, 15:09
again troll u show your shortcomings, this time in the field of simple mathematics. if uruguay finish 2-0 el tri goal diff is 0, while an unchanged scoreline will leave b.b at -1.

as it is el tri at +1 while b.b at -1

Troll?...Grow up, kid....3-0 then

blackmore
22 Jun 10, 15:15
good you are learning, for tomorrows lesson lets try and deal with double digit numbers okay....;)

FCBarca
22 Jun 10, 15:16
good you are learning, for tomorrows lesson lets try and deal with double digit numbers okay....;)

Hopefully, you'll eventually grow up and contribute in your posts rather than wum...Maybe when you one day mature

blackmore
22 Jun 10, 15:21
says the glory hunter.....anyway enough.

looks like first and 2nd place set here, dont see to drastic of a change to scoreline, unless france really spontaneously combust

vitomins
22 Jun 10, 16:18

This is not true:

The ranking in each group is determined as follows:
a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) goal difference in all group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches. If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:
d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

rockball
22 Jun 10, 16:27
:lol:

Stefan
22 Jun 10, 16:46
SA tried hard and can be proud of themselves. They went out on goal difference against three sides who are three levels above them. The less said about the french the better.

zip
22 Jun 10, 18:22
FUEEEEEEEERZA LA CELESTE!

I told you, guys. La Celest in 2nd round.

Every teams from South America ;)

Stefan
22 Jun 10, 21:01
Domench is an absolute idiot though. Refused to shake pereira's hand after the game becauses he had the audacity to criticise france earlier for how they won vs ireland. This was months ago.

FCBarca
22 Jun 10, 21:52
Domench is an absolute idiot though. Refused to shake pereira's hand after the game becauses he had the audacity to criticise france earlier for how they won vs ireland. This was months ago.

Just goes to show, blames goes all around for Les Bleus...They're a mess from top to bottom...The good on Blanc is that he's a bit old school and I expect him to gut this NT from top to bottom and begin fresh

There's a wealth of talent in France & I feel pretty certain that he will have them far more respectable for Euro 2012

Michael
22 Jun 10, 22:54
EDrq1SM9f_o

Anybody know the reason why Domenech refused to shake hands with Carlos Parreira other than he's one classless and disrespectful punk...

FCBarca
22 Jun 10, 23:11
Supposedly it dates back to Parreira's comments that France didn't 'deserve' to be at the WC due to the handball thing with Henry against Ireland...Les Bleus, even after being unceremoniously dumped out of the WC, they stay classy

Ziyad
23 Jun 10, 05:52
The real reason is that he has no class

blackmore
23 Jun 10, 08:05
wow what a sad little man, thats just harsh. perriera shoulda gave him one across the face...;)

Besnik
23 Jun 10, 14:59
What a shame. :rollani:

el_dude
23 Jun 10, 23:43
fuck domenech and fuck france. i'm glad they're both out...