PDA

View Full Version : Obiora Nwankwo

InterArad
30 Jan 10, 11:03
he`s the latest transfer for the primavera team http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=47167&L=it&CAT=3 he played very well at the U 20 world cup for nigeria he`s a midfielder,jose likes him a lot

maxw
30 Jan 10, 12:19
Nwankwo Obiora** ;)

Nice buy, he seems interesting.

coolmavs
30 Jan 10, 15:49
Looks like his name is , "Nwankwo Obiorah".

Obiorah can play as defender or defensive Midfield

maxw
31 Jan 10, 11:05
OK maybe Obiorah or Obiora, Inter says Obiora.
But I am sure that his first name is Nwankwo.

Can he play as a centerback? That would be great ;)

Xoonky
31 Jan 10, 12:19
His first name seems Nwankwo, and seems pretty interesting, especially with so many goals for a defender.

vitomins
31 Jan 10, 13:21
His first name seems Nwankwo, and seems pretty interesting, especially with so many goals for a defender.

Many sites say he is a defender, but he is actually a midfielder...

maxw
04 Feb 10, 18:00
Does anyone know if he is with the others in Viareggio?

RobinV
04 Feb 10, 18:01
He is. He started the second match.

EDIT: GOALS: 25' st. Destro (I).

Inter: (4-3-3): Bavena; Donati, Rigione, Caldirola, Biraghi; Carlsen (1’st. Obi), Nwankwo (29’ st. Crisetig), Fortunato; Alibec (1’ st. Stevanovic), Beretta, Destro. (A disposizione: Di Gennaro, Kyzela, Natalino, Fossati, Bessa, Dell’Agnello). All. Pea.

Rappr. Serie D: (4-3-3): Forte F.; Candolini, Benci, Alletto, Mosca; Borotto, Caciagli, Forte D.; Tirelli (39’ st. Cantile), Brotto (19’ st. D’Angelo), Chimenti (24’ st. D’Anna). (A disposizione: Modesti, Altobello, Franchetto, Sartoretto, Vaccaro, Verdesca). All. Polverelli.

Referee: Taioli di Cesena.

Notes: espulso 43' st. D’Anna (R); ammoniti Borotto (R) e Donati (I).

maxw
04 Feb 10, 18:07
Nice. But why didn't Fossati play? I thought he was one of the best :|

RobinV
04 Feb 10, 18:45
I dunno, mate. He did not play the first game either. Maybe he is slightly injured?

maxw
04 Feb 10, 18:50
Maybe. I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with this sh*t about him moving to Man City... :(

interlab
04 Feb 10, 21:10
n where's Belec ?

CafeCordoba
03 Mar 10, 11:11
He's training with the first team along with Caldirola and Donati.

http://inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=33387&L=en

CafeCordoba
23 Jun 10, 11:29
According to this story, Inter rejected Parma's and Cesena's proposals of Obiora loan.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2F%3Faction%3Dre ad%26idnotizia%3D21816

vitomins
23 Jun 10, 13:02
Here is my little write up on this story:

http://nerazzurrinews.blogspot.com/2010/06/name-for-future-nwankwo-obiorah.html

InterArad
23 Jun 10, 20:54
this kid really has a great future

maxw
12 Jul 10, 18:07
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=48788&L=it

Today when they listed the first team and primavera players who reported in for training, Nwankwo was listed among the first team players. Coincidence? :)

APPIANO GENTILE - The following players reported for duty this morning as Inter's preparations for the 2010/11 season kicked off at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti. Under the orders of Rafael Benitez, the following players underwent a series of medical tests.

First team members
Goalkeepers: Luca Castellazzi, Paolo Orlandoni.
Defenders: Cristian Chivu, Ivan Cordoba, Nelson Rivas, Davide Santon.
Midfielders: Esteban Cambiasso, MacDonald Mariga, Thiago Motta, Obiorah Nwankwo, Joel Obi.
Strikers: Mario Balotelli, Jonathan Biabiany, Goran Pandev.

Primavera players
Goalkeeper: Alberto Gallinetta (born 1992).
Defenders: Cristiano Biraghi (born 1992), Marek Kysela (born 1992), Felice Natalino (born 1992).
Strikers: Denis Alibec (born 1991), Simone Dell'Agnello (born 1992).

The first training session of the pre-season will take place at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti on Tuesday morning.

AlexInter
12 Jul 10, 18:22
Obiorah Nwankwo, Joel Obi.

OMG. I thought is the same person.

Besnik
12 Jul 10, 18:24
OMG. I thought is the same person.

Hehe :D

Left - Obiorah
Middle - Alibec
Right - Obi Joel
http://www.inter.it/aas/img/131720.jpg

maxw
12 Jul 10, 19:07
Buy Obi Mikel and Ewan McGregor who plays Obi-Wan Kenobi and we'll have the perfect midfield in a few years :) May the Force be with us!

Efrain21C
12 Jul 10, 21:49
interesting to see his already considered first team, maybe he's filling spots?

thatdude
04 Aug 10, 02:50
Time to move this thread up to the big boys section. He played well today, he is a pure DM. Sits well in front of the defense and passes well. Also very smart, he played the ball quickly and sprayed it around. He is really our only true "destroyer" at this moment. Props to our scouting department for finding this kid in Real Murcia of all places.

Stefan
04 Aug 10, 02:55
Will move it once we are sure he is part of the main squad for the season. I think he will be but lets just wait to be sure. Don't want to be moving threads back and forth.

blackmore
04 Aug 10, 03:16
the future is bright for us.....

Omar
04 Aug 10, 16:37
poor defending ... the only thing he remarked me with is sticking to his deployed position ... very good player on the ball ... but still shit player off the ball ... most of the goals "if not all" were becoz of him and Cucho at the mid line ... but his on-the-ball skills are very appreciable

DIN011
04 Aug 10, 16:44
poor defending ... the only thing he remarked me with is sticking to his deployed position ... very good player on the ball ... but still shit player off the ball ... most of the goals "if not all" were becoz of him and Cucho at the mid line ... but his on-the-ball skills are very appreciableThe fuck? He wasn't playing when we conceded any goals...

Omar
04 Aug 10, 17:49
The fuck? He wasn't playing when we conceded any goals...

r u kidding me ?! hey i may have been sleeply watching the game but it was him playng next to Cucho in the 1st half and when we conceded most of the goals ... he started the game!! ... while Mariga was merged with the last changes of Rafa :)

DIN011
04 Aug 10, 18:05
r u kidding me ?! hey i may have been sleeply watching the game but it was him playng next to Cucho in the 1st half and when we conceded most of the goals ... he started the game!! ... while Mariga was merged with the last changes of Rafa :)

Mariga started the game...Obiora subbed Obi in the second half

Efrain21C
04 Aug 10, 18:37

INTER: 21 Orlandoni; 4 Zanetti (18' pt 57 Natalino, 28' st 13 Maicon), 2 Cordoba (1' st 34 Biraghi, 28' st Samuel), 23 Materazzi (1' st 16 Burdisso, 28' st 6 Lucio), 26 Chivu (28' st 11 Muntari); 33 Obinna (1' st 50 Biabiany), 17 Mariga (1' st 5 Stankovic), 19 Cambiasso (1' st 29 Coutinho), 20 Obi (1' st 40 Nwakwo); 9 Eto'o (1' st 31 Alibec, 28' st 39 Santon), 27 Pandev (1' st 30 Mancini, 28' st 22 Milito).
A disposizione; 1, Julio Cesar, 12 Castellazzi, 92 Gallinetta 5 Stankovic, 6 Lucio, 11 Muntari, 13 Maicon, 22 Milito, 25 Samuel, 29 Coutinho, 30 Mancini, 31 Alibec, 34 Biraghi, 40 Nwankwo, 50 Biabiany, 54 Dell'Agnello.
Allenatore: Benitez.

Omar
04 Aug 10, 21:17
oh yes u r right guyz ... damn i must have been real sleeply :lol: :palm: ... yeah i remembered Nwankwo's 2nd half emerging ... such a great player (taking back the other comment #25 (http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?7120-Nwankwo-Obiora&p=581144&viewfull=1#post581144) :s) ... i hope he's gonna be with the 1st team next season !!!

Besnik
06 Aug 10, 13:43
Chievo interested in Nwankwo Obiorah

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.fcinternews.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D24642&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhiGQHKuuwnOCxhE5DRi3byquXQnKA

Suneet
06 Aug 10, 20:41
If he keeps playing like this and doesnt make it to the starting lineup in a few years, I will be very surprised. He is a younger version of Mariga... There is pace, strength, he will obviously become better and with the likes of Cuchu around him, the only way is up. We should keep an eye on his growth, if it means he goes on loan to play more Serie A, then I'm game for it.

Has he completed teh 3 years at Inter to become Home Grown?

Bob Sacamano
06 Aug 10, 21:42
No, he's only with us since last winter.

nerazzurri4life
07 Aug 10, 00:28
this guy looks quite good....

cantopiero
07 Aug 10, 13:23
No, he's only with us since last winter.

Damn with this home grown shit :D

interlab
07 Aug 10, 14:31
i would immediately loan him, that would the best option for him to go to Chievo, play more and show himself

Kraits
07 Aug 10, 14:41
Agree, its important for him to play with the big guys all season long....

blackmore
07 Aug 10, 14:41
he can play both dmf and cb position....what i beast, a real destroyer.

vitomins
10 Aug 10, 15:33
I say keep him here, he only turned 19 in July, so if we keep him here he can become a home grown player!

blackmore
10 Aug 10, 18:14
I say keep him here, he only turned 19 in July, so if we keep him here he can become a home grown player!

+1

lonewolf19
11 Aug 10, 01:12

That is the first thing I looked up as well. ;)

CafeCordoba
11 Aug 10, 07:19
He can't make it. The rule goes:

A "club-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of
the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during
which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been
registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire
seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant
national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant
national championship) or of 36 months.

Though, I don't know how they calculate these cases when the player is signed to the club in winter market. Since if that is taken into account, then Obiora is 20 in the winter of 2012 and his last "season" starts at that point, then he will turn 21 during that "season" and he will qualify as club-trained.

junior55
11 Aug 10, 10:59
@cafe
Well i don't know if i'm wrong or you but it's smth irelevant of the period of his signing because his birthday is 12.07.1991 so the situation would be like this...
season 2010-2011 age 19
season 2011-2012 age 20
season 2012-2013 age 21
(because in 12 July 2012 the season 2011-2012 is over and he has finished it as 20 and so he begins the new season as 21)

CafeCordoba
11 Aug 10, 12:35
Yeah, that's my point. How they calculate when the season begins and ends. Since their definition of that period in which the player must be registered to a club, determines that it starts in the first official match of the domestic championship and ends in the last official match of the domestic championship. There is no Serie A matches going on in 12 July 2012. So technically he is 21 before his last season starts.

vitomins
11 Aug 10, 14:03
Yeah, that's my point. How they calculate when the season begins and ends. Since their definition of that period in which the player must be registered to a club, determines that it starts in the first official match of the domestic championship and ends in the last official match of the domestic championship. There is no Serie A matches going on in 12 July 2012. So technically he is 21 before his last season starts.

It is very simple...He will be 19 at the start of his first season with Inter and will be 21 at the end of his third season with Inter irregardless of the fact that he was signed in the winter. The 2012-13 season ends in May and he will still be 21 years old, so the fact that he turns 22 after that, should not effect it because it says the season ends with the last official match...

It has to be full seasons, so the 6 months he has been here does not count...

AlexInter
13 Aug 10, 19:47
OMG this is the first time when I see him. Fantastic! We don't need Mascherano.

Efrain21C
13 Aug 10, 19:51
He has a lot of potential, I like him, hopefully he will play for our first team sometimes

The Wall
13 Aug 10, 21:33
Impressive.

Ismael
13 Aug 10, 22:29
Simply Impressive player, I dont Understand why we need Mascherano. must say that what I have seen so far, Iam more save with this guy, in DM. then Stanckovic. he is good very good.. dammnn our talent scouts are good,.. iam proud to see so many yungs palayers In my club,. A yung good gk. then. Santon.Natalino.Benedetti.Biraghi.... Obi.Crisetig.Nwankwo...Biabiany..Destro..Coutinho. . The future is set guys..

Fitzy
14 Aug 10, 01:03
He's been simply brilliant so far. Completely surprised by him.

cantopiero
14 Aug 10, 01:56
I guess he is the next big thing to come out of our academy, I always sing for joy when I see these young ones play so well. This guy and Big Mac should provide enough competition for Cuchu and Motta and with the number of games this season that many, they would get enough time to express themselves...

sakana
14 Aug 10, 03:37
Nwankwoand Mariga have been my favorite things to come out of preseason. With those two and Coutinho, the future is bright for the midfield.

junior55
14 Aug 10, 07:07
I think rafa is getting convinced that he doesn't need mascherano anymore. I'm not saying that obiora is better than mascherano of course but signing him would mean to burn the talent and growth of obiora and mariga.
Mascherano is only 26 and this means that he will play for inter for at least 4-5 years as a starter in the DM position so the duo mariga-obiora should wait for 5 years to begin having first team experience....

blackmore
14 Aug 10, 08:37
I guess he is the next big thing to come out of our academy, I always sing for joy when I see these young ones play so well. This guy and Big Mac should provide enough competition for Cuchu and Motta and with the number of games this season that many, they would get enough time to express themselves...

he isnt from our academy bro, if i remember correctly we scouted and signed him from spain.

Stefan
14 Aug 10, 09:00
he isnt from our academy bro, if i remember correctly we scouted and signed him from spain.

Most of our primavera guys didn't start at inter. For me obiora is now an inter academy boy since he plays with the primavera.

blackmore
14 Aug 10, 09:07
Most of our primavera guys didn't start at inter. For me obiora is now an inter academy boy since he plays with the primavera.

playing for the academy and coming up from the academy are two different things, no..? credit given when due this guy is an awesome talent, but fact is he didnt come up through the ranks of our club.

Stefan
14 Aug 10, 09:18
playing for the academy and coming up from the academy are two different things, no..? credit given when due this guy is an awesome talent, but fact is he didnt come up through the ranks of our club.

Did balo come through the inter academy or lummezane?? Where is your cutoff age as far as coming up through the academy??

blackmore
14 Aug 10, 09:21
i dont consider balo an academy player bro. i mean real academy youth players that started their careers with us and then worked their way up the ranks. these would be the real academy players for me.

i would warrant the fact though that nowadays it would be hard to get players like that, as the talent is spread equally around the world and the scouting game is such a big and important one. not every one that comes through primavera is gonna turn out to be a squad player for the senior team.

one example is balo and another santon, whom if i remember correctly joined us in 2005 from ravenna. biraghi on the other hand i would consider one that came through the ranks, as he joined us when he was only 11.(i think from atalanta).

coming up through the academy itself, and joining the primavera from another team are two seperate entities(for me anyway).

CafeCordoba
14 Aug 10, 12:51
Yeah. But what is the cutoff age as Stefan asked? Is it 15, 14, 13, 12... ? My opinion is that we can the player as "ours" if he's been here from the age of 15. From that age, it's still very very long route to play in senior level even if you are very talented and super prospect. So to me Balo is not originally our player, but for example Santon is (he joined when he was 14 or 15?), Crisetig too. Destro is a true Inter youngster.

But players joining directly to our Primavera squad can't be rated as Inter products, like Krhin, Belec, Obiora, Faraoni, Benedetti. Do you know what is the history of Dell'Agnello?

Inter Siamo Noi
14 Aug 10, 14:00
Dell'Agnello came to Inter at 2007.

maxw
14 Aug 10, 14:05
I would say that 15's the limit. Therefore, Balo, Crisetig and Santon are academy products, but Alibec/Stevanovic/Benedetti who joined at 17/18 aren't.

blackmore
14 Aug 10, 14:07
yeah cafe i would say around 14-15 would be the max age. its important that most of their footballing skills are nurtured and cultivated by the club at a young age. no use having some 19 year old superstar come in to the team, play for a year, and then say that he's "from the academy"...

blackmore
14 Aug 10, 14:10
yeah cafe i would say around 13, 15 would be the max age. its important that most of their footballing skills are learnt at the club at a young age. no use having some 19 year old superstar come in to the team, play for a year, and then say that he's "from the academy"...

I would say that 15's the limit. Therefore, Balo, Crisetig and Santon are academy products, but Alibec/Stevanovic/Benedetti who joined at 17/18 aren't.

he was already older then 15 when he joined, i think he had his trial with barca first before joining us...

CafeCordoba
15 Aug 10, 08:30
Apparently Obiora will continue with the first team.

"A younger Cambiasso The three Italians now will return to Primavera but Nwankwo will remain in the first team."

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?109-Primavera-team&p=586217#post586217 (http://forzainterforums.showthread.php?109-Primavera-team&p=586217#post586217)

blackmore
15 Aug 10, 08:36
yes great news indeed. the comparisons to cuchu are natural for obvious reasons, but his composure on the ball for such a young person is second to known. we are truly blessed with some great talent this year, and what a time for all the up and coming players to join our senior team. a fantastic vibe in the club, coupled with humble superstars that our young fellows can look up to, and of course rafa, who is well known to give someone a chance if he's worth it...

maxw
15 Aug 10, 14:19
he was already older then 15 when he joined, i think he had his trial with barca first before joining us...

OK my bad, he was 16 and 19 days.... A bit past the limit then. :)

blackmore
15 Aug 10, 14:25
OK my bad, he was 16 and 19 days.... A bit past the limit then. :)

its all about the numbers...;)

Handoyo
15 Aug 10, 16:09
Apparently Obiora will continue with the first team.

"A younger Cambiasso The three Italians now will return to Primavera but Nwankwo will remain in the first team."

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?109-Primavera-team&p=586217#post586217 (http://forzainterforums.showthread.php?109-Primavera-team&p=586217#post586217)
Hopefully, further signs that the Mascherano deal is now in tatters. :)

Nero Indigo
15 Aug 10, 16:24
Amen to that! ;)

Suneet
15 Aug 10, 16:38
Depends where we spend the Mascherano money.

natointerista
16 Aug 10, 14:22
I personally find this guy overrated, mariga can fill in for DM much much better

Stefan
16 Aug 10, 14:27
Mariga is 4/5 years older...

natointerista
16 Aug 10, 19:51
Mariga is 4/5 years older...

That's the point, Mariga can deliver much more quality... Seeing that we have a very good backup what's the point of keeping him here? He should have been loaned where he would be much more likely to get playing time right?

vitomins
16 Aug 10, 19:52
That's the point, Mariga can deliver much more quality... Seeing that we have a very good backup what's the point of keeping him here? He should have been loaned where he would be much more likely to get playing time right?

I think he came just in time to become club-trained if we keep him at the club until he is 21. Since he is staying in the first team, I am guessing that he did make it in time and that is why the club are hanging on to him...

natointerista
16 Aug 10, 20:08
I think he came just in time to become club-trained if we keep him at the club until he is 21. Since he is staying in the first team, I am guessing that he did make it in time and that is why the club are hanging on to him...

how can it be if he signed for inter less than a year ago? lol

Stefan
16 Aug 10, 20:13
how can it be if he signed for inter less than a year ago? lol

He spends another 2 season with the club and he qualifies.

natointerista
17 Aug 10, 09:04
He spends another 2 season with the club and he qualifies.

don't get me wrong i have no intention of quarreling, but why the hell would inter keep him anyway? I mean Crisetig is way ahead of this guy in my opinion, and seeing we already have quite a number of DMs this guy is going to be used way worse than a bench warmer.

Suneet
17 Aug 10, 09:32
Rafa, didnt take Crisiteg to the states and he took Obiora....... need I say more?

skeet
17 Aug 10, 09:46
don't get me wrong i have no intention of quarreling, but why the hell would inter keep him anyway? I mean Crisetig is way ahead of this guy in my opinion, and seeing we already have quite a number of DMs this guy is going to be used way worse than a bench warmer.

obiora is two years older than crisetig and age makes a very big difference when you're under 20, maybe crisetig will be better than obiora in two years but right now obiora is much better

as for why he is with the first team, it's because we have 5 players for two positions but one of them is muntari and the two others are injury prone motta and granddad stankovic, winning teams need depth and if mascherano doesn't come we still need a reliable back up for the back ups

Stefan
17 Aug 10, 09:49
Most likely he will split his time with the main squad and primavera like krhin did last season.

vitomins
17 Aug 10, 13:08

How many DM's do we have that are club-trained?? I just explained what the strategy may be above, but you seem to have ignored it. The more club trained players the better, so why not hang on to him for two years and let him gain that status. If you have watched him at all during the pre-season, you should have seen that the kid is talented and definitely good enough to be a strong back-up within the next two seasons. I believe that he will be able to get some playing time in games which we have a comfortable lead or the early stages of the Coppa Italia. If he continues to grow, he can fill Cambiasso's shoes when he decides to hang them up...

CafeCordoba
17 Aug 10, 13:19
natointerista wants Crisetig to the first team before Obiora. That has nothing to do with club-trained status, since Obiora will get that even if he plays in Primavera for the whole time he needs.

But yeah, it is more likely Obiora will stay in the first team and Crisetig won't. The Italian is two years younger and he has absolutely no hurry to take the step to the senior level. Obiora has, at least more that Crisetig, so he could play Krhin-like role next season. Though I'd like him to have more chances than what Krhin got and probably he will if Benitez continues to use his rotation.

vitomins
17 Aug 10, 14:00
natointerista wants Crisetig to the first team before Obiora. That has nothing to do with club-trained status, since Obiora will get that even if he plays in Primavera for the whole time he needs.

But yeah, it is more likely Obiora will stay in the first team and Crisetig won't. The Italian is two years younger and he has absolutely no hurry to take the step to the senior level. Obiora has, at least more that Crisetig, so he could play Krhin-like role next season. Though I'd like him to have more chances than what Krhin got and probably he will if Benitez continues to use his rotation.

Ya but why put a 17 year old kid in the first team and leave the 19 year old on the primavera? Unless there was a huge difference in quality, it makes no sense. I am sure Crisetig is solid, but Nwankwo must be just as good or better or else Rafa would have brought up Crisetig instead...

natointerista
17 Aug 10, 14:03
Ya but why put a 17 year old kid in the first team and leave the 19 year old on the primavera? Unless there was a huge difference in quality, it makes no sense. I am sure Crisetig is solid, but Nwankwo must be just as good or better or else Rafa would have brought up Crisetig instead...

But than if we wanted for the status why not keep Khrin lol?

blackmore
17 Aug 10, 14:18

cmon vito u just answered your own question...of course the boys better :)

you say hes way ahead of him, pls enlighten me on when you have seen criseyg play, cause im curious to know when he's out performed this boy, and how he is better then him...??

Efrain21C
17 Aug 10, 14:21

Because he needed more playing time ;)

vitomins
17 Aug 10, 14:24

Money and it unlocked the deal for Lorenzo Paramatti...

blackmore
17 Aug 10, 14:25

lol cause this guy is potentialy way better then him?? or maybe he already is way better than him....

Stefan
17 Aug 10, 14:37

Krhin is already a home grown player. So its fine for him now to go out and play. So its better for obiora to take his spot.

vitomins
17 Aug 10, 14:41
Krhin is already a home grown player. So its fine for him now to go out and play. So its better for obiora to take his spot.

Yup, signed in January 2007:

2007-08
2008-09
2009-10

For some reason I thought by signing in January 2007, 2008-09 was his first full season...I need more coffee.

blackmore
17 Aug 10, 14:49
Yup, signed in January 2007:

2007-08
2008-09
2009-10

For some reason I thought by signing in January 2007, 2008-09 was his first full season...I need more coffee.

u need something stronger then that...:lol::lol:

Inter Siamo Noi
17 Aug 10, 15:10
So he played just 2 and half years at Inter, so he sould spend with us more half season to become HG. I talks about Krhin.

vitomins
17 Aug 10, 15:19
So he played just 2 and half years at Inter, so he sould spend with us more half season to become HG. I talks about Krhin.

No he spent 3 full seasons here...I made the same mistake when calculating it lol

He came in January 2007...So his first season began in August/September 2007, which is the 2007-08 season, then he was here 2008-09 and he was here last season which was 2009-10, so 3 full seasons. I do not think we would have loaned him out if he did not gain his home grown status yet...

Inter Siamo Noi
17 Aug 10, 15:21
Ok, you correct. ;)

InterArad
22 Aug 10, 23:51
obiorah is now officialy on the main squad on inter.it so we can move this thread from the youth teams

blackmore
23 Aug 10, 00:30
congrats nwankwo....

CafeCordoba
23 Aug 10, 07:09
Thread moved to Players & coaches sub forum.

Suneet
23 Aug 10, 11:42
Nice and I hope he actually plays more games than Muntari.

szasza02
23 Aug 10, 13:57
Nice and I hope he actually plays more games than Muntari.

which in optimal situation means more than 1 game

Suneet
23 Aug 10, 16:30
:lol: More than what Muntari played last season.

F U C K MILAN
23 Aug 10, 17:52
was very impressed with him in the tim tournament, from what i saw he is more in the mold of motta, i was quite impressed with his passing, looking forward to see him develop

Dylan
24 Aug 10, 05:19
Kinda a pain that Mariga and Nwankwo are here at the same time. I'd love to see him at a Serie A club on loan and give Mariga his minutes.

Efrain21C
23 Oct 10, 18:09
Congratulations, he got his first senior call for tomorrow game against Samp

I hope we trash them 4 - 0 so he can have some minutes :P

thorn
24 Oct 10, 14:20
good news..from what i have seen in friendly matches he is a very good destroyer.

dee_jay
24 Oct 10, 15:31
I really like this kid. I have a feeling that he will be important first player in the future.

Efrain21C
24 Oct 10, 16:03
I really like this kid. I have a feeling that he will be important first player in the future.

yes, my thoughts exactly, I prefer him playing at a CM role than Obi..

nerazzurri4life
03 Nov 10, 12:53
no thoughts on this kid yesterday?

i was impressed with his playing style, awareness on the pitch, overall technique and short passing ability....
needs to work on positioning, but that will come with playing time.

Edward
03 Nov 10, 13:30
yea he was fine, seen lots of people criticize him though. we could have put Schweinsteiger on last night instead of Nwankwo and still been crap. not really a fair game to judge him on but he looks good

Fitzy
03 Nov 10, 14:00
I thought he was pretty good too, considering his inexperience. His distribution was pretty solid.

DIN011
03 Nov 10, 14:03
I don't know why people hated on him so much on here...he was decent.

He fucked up on the 2nd goal tho.

alvaro
03 Nov 10, 14:48
I'm absolutely fucking disgusted by his lack of playing which lead to the 2-0 goal. Not only is he one meter infront of Bale, he does absolutely nothing to catch the Welshman after his short sprint. And when this happened he had been on the pitch for 5 minutes. I'd expect some lousy shittyness like this from Maicon, but from a youngster who is making is CL debut in a club like Inter... unacceptable.

sakana
03 Nov 10, 14:56
I'm absolutely fucking disgusted by his lack of playing which lead to the 2-0 goal. Not only is he one meter infront of Bale, he does absolutely nothing to catch the Welshman after his short sprint. And when this happened he had been on the pitch for 5 minutes. I'd expect some lousy shittyness like this from Maicon, but from a youngster who is making is CL debut in a club like Inter... unacceptable.
:lol:

Suneet
03 Nov 10, 20:31
He made a couple of mistakes IMO, but he can actually pass, is confident enough not to always play safe passes. IMO he is the best thing we have in midfield coming from the Primavera, one for the future definetely. He like Mariga has all the attributes needed to be a good DM, the only difference I see is the speed at which both play.

snake
03 Nov 10, 23:40

Don't be so harsh...the guy provided us with some comical relief in what was an otherwise pretty shitty night. Him falling over is one of the funniest things I've seen.

But anyway...the usual shit. If you're a youngster making your debut....all you need to do is complete 2 or 3 successful passes in the last 10 minutes of a game and an entire forum will be on your dick hoping you're the next Redondo.

For proof: See Stefan jizzing on Khrins poster.

thatdude
04 Nov 10, 07:43
He made a couple of mistakes IMO, but he can actually pass, is confident enough not to always play safe passes. IMO he is the best thing we have in midfield coming from the Primavera, one for the future definetely. He like Mariga has all the attributes needed to be a good DM, the only difference I see is the speed at which both play.

Very true. Nwankwo to me seems to think much quicker then Mariga. Him being in our primavera and coming to Italy early means by the time he's Mariga's age he should be a better player. He will end up being more polished. May need a loan/co own very soon to find some playing time.

Universe
04 Nov 10, 08:07
Fuck I don't care about fucken wankofwkwow

Stefan
04 Nov 10, 09:16
He was ok but it was very hard for him to make his debut in this game.

blackmore
04 Nov 10, 14:13
Don't be so harsh...the guy provided us with some comical relief in what was an otherwise pretty shitty night. Him falling over is one of the funniest things I've seen.

But anyway...the usual shit. If you're a youngster making your debut....all you need to do is complete 2 or 3 successful passes in the last 10 minutes of a game and an entire forum will be on your dick hoping you're the next Redondo.

For proof: See Stefan jizzing on Khrins poster.

hal u really are one funny fucker...

snake
05 Nov 10, 00:25
hal u really are one funny fucker...

You're just noticing this now?

It's only funny when I'm in one of those moods...now it's Friday, beautiful sunny day...i'll be good now. Just pass me a dubee...

blackmore
05 Nov 10, 02:14
puff puff give...rotation is the key

nerazzurri4life
05 Nov 10, 12:59
puff puff give...rotation is the key

first thing i thought of when i saw this line was a kanye line:

But really what's amazing is how I keep blazing
Towel under the door, smoke until the days end
Puff, puff and pass, don't fuck up rotation

lmao

DIN011
05 Nov 10, 13:31
We major in this bitch.

thatdude
06 Nov 10, 00:41
That's actually "Really Doe" on Kanye's song. Lol way off topic, I'm just saying.

Me2
18 Nov 10, 19:00
For sure he has a talent and potencional to be a world class player

The_Eradicator
18 Nov 10, 21:48
For sure he has a talent and potencional to be a world class player

I want whatever your smokin bro

crzdcolombian
19 Nov 10, 19:05
We major in this bitch.

Beyonce had one of the best songs of all time all time

Taylor Swift dawfed over him... dude is ballsy

DIN011
20 Nov 10, 20:43
Beyonce had one of the best songs of all time all time

Taylor Swift dawfed over him... dude is ballsy

Sorry dude, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish...but this post might be the worst post of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iqHmF8XEuD4/Sx2hdo-Z5AI/AAAAAAAAAZo/cAByi_Q1RZY/s320/kanye_shrug.png

La Brujita
21 Nov 10, 18:14
Today's performance was horrible.

I thought his best quality was supposed to be passes, now it seems that's his worst. And he doesn't have anything that's good enough.

I can't recall any completed pass, other than a backwards one.

Efrain21C
21 Nov 10, 18:41
I really had my hopes up for this player after seeing him on the US tour, but right now at this moment I guess he will be a nobody :/

Suneet
21 Nov 10, 18:42
I still believe in him, you guys are judging him on 2 performances, one against Tottenham at WHL and this one agaisnt Chievo both times came on when the team was behind, losing. Offcourse he was atrocious today, but still too soon to lose hope in a teenager.

CafeCordoba
21 Nov 10, 19:40
It's ridiculous to demand good performances from 19-year-old central midfielder. I mean he came in to replace who? You got it right, Cambiasso, the director of our game (tempo, attacking side, release of pressure). It's just totally unfair to expect him to perform at this situation Inter is having. Enormous pressure on the whole side and you have to play the director role or something close to it in the heart of your team (in the central of midfield). And as far as I've understood, Obiora is DM, not some passer who dictates the play. Even Cambiasso sucks in that in Rafa's system, how we can expect Obiora to perform in that role?

La Brujita
21 Nov 10, 19:43
Is it too much to ask for a player to pass correctly to a teammate when he's not under pressure from the opposition whatsoever?

Suneet
21 Nov 10, 19:52
Is it too much to ask for a player to pass correctly to a teammate when he's not under pressure from the opposition whatsoever?

Yes if he's nervous... Again he was piss poor today, but you guys seriously cant just say he's crap after watching 20mins of play. He's playing for the first team means he must have done something right at Primavera level.

Did El Cuchu always play like this? Did Eto always score? Did J.Z. play like he does right from when he was 19? Cmon guys. Obiorah needs to buck the fuck up, but you cant write players off in 20mins.

blackmore
21 Nov 10, 20:15
i remember seeing him in the US and he looked very comfortable to me. obviously nerves have taken the better of this young starlett but i really thinks its not fair to write him off so quickly.

snake
21 Nov 10, 22:36
Can we not knock this kid please? Instead, let's make a compilation of his few games and the thing would go viral on youtube. #1 under the comedic section.

Universe
21 Nov 10, 22:58
lololol

sakana
23 Nov 10, 13:17

Did you see Stankovic on Sunday? Sneijder? At least this kid has the excuse of youth and inexperience.

Sneijder4President
23 Nov 10, 13:42
Yes if he's nervous... Again he was piss poor today, but you guys seriously cant just say he's crap after watching 20mins of play. He's playing for the first team means he must have done something right at Primavera level.

Did El Cuchu always play like this? Did Eto always score? Did J.Z. play like he does right from when he was 19? Cmon guys. Obiorah needs to buck the fuck up, but you cant write players off in 20mins.

I mean this with no disrespect...But have you ever played soccer at a high level? Nerves are natural for any player...But the passing display this kid put on was probably the worst I've ever witnessed...19 years old or not, you can't be that terrible with your passing against low to no pressure from Chievo...HE WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE...

If anyone really thinks this kid will turn into something I have a nickel that is worth $1 million dollars that i'll sell to you...

Suneet
23 Nov 10, 14:27
LOL on that nickel one.

AlexInter
24 Nov 10, 18:06
come on...we can't expect from a 19 yo kid to play perfect when none of our players does it.

Tutti Pazzi Per Materazzi
07 Dec 10, 22:46
He is just fucking bad. Yes, we can't expect superb performances from him but I mean this guy doesn't look like a professional football player on the pitch. Far from ready for the senior Inter team, he has been one big joke in his every official match.

8ball
08 Dec 10, 05:12
He is just fucking bad. Yes, we can't expect superb performances from him but I mean this guy doesn't look like a professional football player on the pitch. Far from ready for the senior Inter team, he has been one big joke in his every official match.

He looked good in the pre-season games tho..

jmaster
06 Jan 11, 16:38
It's been talked that he's going to Parma on loan... I hope he goes there, he can gain more experience and play more at Parma.

Besnik
06 Jan 11, 18:14
I don't mind, actually he's not ready for the first-team yet.

Inter Siamo Noi
08 Jan 11, 14:50
I think that the reason the he is'nt with the squad for the game against Catania, is that he'll be loand to Parma soon.

lonewolf19
08 Jan 11, 14:50
Definitely gonna be good for him. He needs to go on loan.

Batman
08 Jan 11, 14:55
Good news..but dont let Obi goes with him..we need him!!

Stefan
08 Jan 11, 15:36
I think obi is prefered to him as well. So no that most of the midfielders are fit he is out of the squad. Going to parma will be good for him.

Alex de Large
19 Jan 11, 20:42
The guy is deserving more minutes before Pandev or Bia.

Pajo
19 Jan 11, 20:44
This guy is a DM, how can he deserve more chances from strikers alex?

And btw, i dont think he does, everytime when he played has sucked. Unlike Obi who is a BEAST!

Alex de Large
Hes actually better winger than biabiany even if hes a midfielder.

dynasty27
Lol he may have mistaken him with Obi.

Pajo
19 Jan 11, 20:45
Lol he may have mistaken him with Obi.

thats what i thought when i saw his last post :D

Stefan
19 Jan 11, 20:52
The guy is deserving more minutes before Pandev or Bia.

I think you are confusing obi with obiora. Obi I agree needs more minutes. Was very good today but he is just back from injury.

Alex de Large
19 Jan 11, 20:53
LOL, yes, who is this guy anyway?

il Biscione 84
19 Jan 11, 20:54
This guy is a DM, how can he deserve more chances from strikers alex?

LOL! Good point :P although they're more considered as forwards. :)

jmaster
19 Jan 11, 21:09

He is nwankwo.

vitomins
20 Jan 11, 15:01
To stop the confusion, we just need to call this guy Nwankwo...thats what he wears on the back of his jersey anyways:

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/obiora.jpg

He is even listed on the Inter squad page as: Nwankwo, Obiora...I say swap the names around mods.

blackmore
20 Jan 11, 15:05
diegus_vito has spoken..:lol:

vitomins
20 Jan 11, 15:11
diegus_vito has spoken..:lol:

haha may not be the best idea...I see now that the Inter squad list is far from perfect: MacDonald, Mariga Wanyama is how they list Mariga lol

Looks like UEFA may have it right though...threads should be Obiora Nwankwo and Joel Chukwuma Obi in my opinion :P

La Brujita
20 Jan 11, 15:13

He's played some games this season. Bremen and Chievo I think are the most important ones.

I think he's :palm: but the team sucked a lot under Benitez, so he might be better under Leo.

vitomins
20 Jan 11, 15:16
He's played some games this season. Bremen and Chievo I think are the most important ones.

I think he's :palm: but the team sucked a lot under Benitez, so he might be better under Leo.

Ya he looked pretty good in preseason matches, but pretty shit in real matches...still undecided on him.

Besnik
20 Jan 11, 15:26
Simply and shorter.. I don't really like him.

CafeCordoba
23 Jan 11, 16:54
Nwankwo is rumored back to Parma. He's on co-own with Inter and Parma so it would be just changing the team he would represent.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.fcinternews.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D37068&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=ISO-8859-1 (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.fcinternews.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D37068&hl=en&langpair=auto%7Cen&tbb=1&ie=ISO-8859-1)

DIN011
23 Jan 11, 16:58
Nwankwo is rumored back to Parma. He's on co-own with Inter and Parma so it would be just changing the team he would represent.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.fcinternews.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D37068&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=ISO-8859-1 (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.fcinternews.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D37068&hl=en&langpair=auto%7Cen&tbb=1&ie=ISO-8859-1)

Back to Parma? He never played for Parma, we got him from Real Murcia.

CafeCordoba
23 Jan 11, 17:06
Ah true. We bought him together with Parma.

DIN011
23 Jan 11, 17:08
Ah true. We bought him together with Parma.

I didn't know that, always thought he was fully owned by us.

vasilios
23 Jan 11, 17:31

He's never going to play for us, so might as well send him somewhere. Not sure he'd even play for Parma, he may be better off at some Serie B side.

il Biscione 84
23 Jan 11, 18:23
Why just him and not Biabiany too?! It might persuade our management to get someone if they received a loan offer for him which he should benefit from rather than being the useless sub and limited time here. :(

dynasty27
23 Jan 11, 23:00
To stop the confusion, we just need to call this guy Nwankwo...thats what he wears on the back of his jersey anyways:

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/obiora.jpg

He is even listed on the Inter squad page as: Nwankwo, Obiora...I say swap the names around mods.Wassup with his right hand?

Batman
24 Jan 11, 14:10
Why just him and not Biabiany too?! It might persuade our management to get someone if they received a loan offer for him which he should benefit from rather than being the useless sub and limited time here. :(

both should go..

Raul Duke
31 Jan 11, 18:52
So I take it that he didn't go to Parma?

Stefan
31 Jan 11, 19:37
No the official notice just took time.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=17644

lonewolf19
31 Jan 11, 23:30
No the official notice just took time.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=17644

Stefan is it official yet?

Stefan
01 Feb 11, 07:09
Stefan is it official yet?

It was announced on parma's site and their facebook site.

Also registered at lega:http://www.legaseriea.it/it/serie-a-tim/calcio-mercato/squadre/-/trasferimento/1722

il Biscione 84
01 Feb 11, 07:49
If he can repeat his performances of pre-season I'll be impressed with this guy.

Bluenine
01 Feb 11, 10:19

Also registered at lega:http://www.legaseriea.it/it/serie-a-tim/calcio-mercato/squadre/-/trasferimento/1722

Apparently Inter have sold half of Obi to Parma asd well, along with half of Obiorah.....

Not happy about this, specially young Obi.... he will become a top player, we shouldn't have given away half of him just like that....

CafeCordoba
01 Feb 11, 10:29
Parma have an option to buy Nwankwo's other half at the end of the season.

lonewolf19
01 Feb 11, 10:35

Ok going to move him too then. Thanks

Batman
07 Feb 11, 11:38
He is called up for Nigeria first team alongside Obi..

F U C K MILAN
10 Mar 11, 16:09
has he played for parma at all since moving?

vitomins
10 Mar 11, 19:57
has he played for parma at all since moving?

Nope, hasn't even made the bench yet...

dynasty27
09 Apr 11, 19:54
He is nwankwo.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8206/coolface986.png

Illyricum
07 Nov 11, 20:45
Who watch Parma game recently , did coach call him or he's injured or what's going on ?

Inter Siamo Noi
15 Jun 12, 21:22
He'll go on loan to Padova next year, their new manager is Fulvio Pea who coached our Primavera (with Obiora) before Strama so I guess he'll get minutes, off course after he was a regular starter at Gubbio from January.

.h.
13 Aug 12, 09:59
contract was extended in mid june till 2015.

I expect another 1 or 2 seasons out on loan before he gets a real shot in at breaking through at Inter. Hopefully next year he'll get to loan to Serie A... But we've got quite a few good young players who are regular A/B players now who are 'on the verge' for us...

Crisetig looks set to be a regular B player this year - iirc he captained Spezia in a friendly a few days after moving - Romano should be a regular at a Serie B club this season. Bianchetti maybe not a regular... Biraghi hopefully can get his development back on track... Then there is Stevanovic, Benedetti, Bardi, Obiora who are all playing week in week out... Caldirola... I expect Alborno to be a regular at Novara, Pecorini is a bit harder to be sure of... Faraoni of course at Udinese should be a regular on the bench

sanka
13 Aug 12, 10:18
Still wet behind the ears..

CafeCordoba
12 Jan 13, 10:37
He returns on loan from Padova back to Parma (co-owned with them), only to get loaned to Bursaspor in Turkey. (per GdS)

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.fcinter1908.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D71470&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=ISO-8859-1

Bergpavian
07 Feb 13, 23:12
Goes to Cluj until to the end of this season. :troll:

http://football-italia.net/30473/official-obiora-leaves-parma-cluj

I hope he will get his chance against us.

vasilios
07 Feb 13, 23:23
Pretty much a given he scores a brace against us now

Big Willy
07 Feb 13, 23:25
I remember how people overrated him after 4-5 matches...

Jane The Virgin
07 Feb 13, 23:35
I remember vividly after those 4-5 matches he disappeared. He didnt have a single flop game, he was pretty avarage, same as Benassi, but he aint italian, so nobody masturbated on him. He was just a normal ass normal guy, i used to like him more than Obi back in the days.

Fitzy
07 Feb 13, 23:41
He didnt have a single flop game, he was pretty avarage, same as Benassi, but he aint italian, so nobody masturbated on him.

:yao:

He was shit...

In training.

Pajo
08 Feb 13, 00:16
He was way worse than Benassi. And way below average games where he played.

Bergpavian
08 Feb 13, 00:22
Can't remember him being good or bad. Did he ever played more than a half time?

But I can remember the Tottenham- or the Bremen-game. And when he made some average performances in this games he was much better than most of our other players.

Fitzy
08 Feb 13, 01:57
He was way worse than Benassi. And way below average games where he played.

Yeah. I remember he was very good in the pre-season, but then when the season kicked in he was pretty bad.

thatdude
08 Feb 13, 17:39
He wasn't BAD until the Tottenham game. Where he looked woefully out of his depth and just overall poor. Before that he looked average, never special though. We'll never see him in these colors again.

Bergpavian
10 Feb 13, 20:24
Nigeria won the African Cup of Nations 2013. Nwankwo played in one group game (against Sambia).

Big Willy
10 Feb 13, 20:27
Enjoy the hookers, bro.

Me2
12 Feb 13, 09:35
Enjoy the hookers, bro.
With other words, enjoy in Barbara Berlusconi :troll: