PDA

View Full Version : Andrea Ranocchia

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Besnik
27 Jul 10, 16:08
Andrea Ranocchia signs five-year contract
Wednesday, 21 July 2010 11:21:57

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/132158.jpg

MILAN - The documents relating to Inter and Genoa's co-ownership of defender Andrea Ranocchia have been registered at the Lega Serie A's offices.

Born in Bastia Umbria on 16 February 1988, Ranocchia started out at Perugia before making his professional debut for Arezzo in Serie B at the age of 18. He then helped Bari to a promotion spot before making his Serie A debut. Ranocchia, who has represented Italy at every youth level, made his debut for the Under-21 side when still 19. With Inter he has signed a five-year deal until 30 June 2015.

FC Internazionale and Genoa have agreed that Andrea Ranocchia will play for the Liguria club in 2010/11.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=34165&L=en

maxw
27 Jul 10, 16:26
Nice job :) Can't wait to see him in our jersey :D

William
27 Jul 10, 17:24
Will watch him a few times while he is at Genoa, hopefuklly he will be a rock.

lonewolf19
28 Jul 10, 01:18
Definitely the young prospect I am most hyped behind Coutinho.

Nero Indigo
28 Jul 10, 11:45
Will be looking out for Genoa games to see how he comes along. No pressure "Frog", no pressure.....

Stefan
28 Jul 10, 19:30
Apparently he played well in genoa's first friendly.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=24046

William
28 Jul 10, 19:36
I am really hoping this guy does well

DARi0
29 Jul 10, 13:45
Won't we import all posts of him here?

Handoyo
29 Jul 10, 14:17
Won't we import all posts of him here?
No, we want the new player thread to have a 'welcome' feel out of it, not a transfer rumor discussion. :)

Efrain21C
29 Jul 10, 15:09
No, we want the new player thread to have a 'welcome' feel out of it, not a transfer rumor discussion. :)

what happens when he comes to Inter? will he have a new 'welcome' thread?

Handoyo
29 Jul 10, 15:34
Haven't thought of that. I think we should keep this one.

Besnik
29 Jul 10, 15:37
what happens when he comes to Inter? will he have a new 'welcome' thread?

We'll move this thread to the current 'Players & Coaches' section. :)

Btw, same goes for players like Krhin, Destro, Stevanovic etc.

CafeCordoba
06 Aug 10, 17:49
He got a call to Italy's U21 squad. He's already 22 but apparently he's available for them since he was 21 in this year (birthday February).

Stefan
06 Aug 10, 17:56
He is availlable because he was 21 when the qualifying for the next major comp started. That's how it works at under age level. Personnally think he should have been in the senior squad but I suppose there is time for it.

Stefan
09 Aug 10, 17:06
Ranocchia had a few words about inter while in the retreat with the under 21's. Said he plans to do well with genoa and then with inter.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=24879

CafeCordoba
10 Aug 10, 10:11
He is availlable because he was 21 when the qualifying for the next major comp started. That's how it works at under age level. Personnally think he should have been in the senior squad but I suppose there is time for it.

Obviously he wasn't in the senior squad because he's not good enough for that team yet. He needs time for recovery so that's why he's only in the U21 side. Probably he will make it to the senior squad during the season if he remains injury-free.

Stefan
10 Aug 10, 10:19
Obviously he wasn't in the senior squad because he's not good enough for that team yet. He needs time for recovery so that's why he's only in the U21 side. Probably he will make it to the senior squad during the season if he remains injury-free.

He is better then those who were called and he showed it last season...He is better then bonucci and lucchini and showed it last season. It was obviously an conservative move by prandeli.

Tanel
11 Aug 10, 23:04
Scored for Italian U21 today in his first competitive game since ages and hit a crossbar too. But he was in a defence that conceeded 2 goals. Crisetig made his debut too in that game.

Stefan
11 Aug 10, 23:33
Didn't see the game. Anybody have the line up?? I heard it was a clever header that he scored.

Nero Indigo
12 Aug 10, 03:38
Saw the highlights- It was a cool header though nothing spectacular. Also the first goal scored by Denmark was from a set piece (corner kick). I didn't see the second goal they scored though, however I think Paloschi got the first for Italy then Ranocchia got the second.

natointerista
12 Aug 10, 06:04
Fuck me if it wasn't awesome, he left the goalie on the ground and jumped above the rest. That or I was drunk sry xD

Stefan
12 Aug 10, 10:28
I don't agree with the rational that he is better because he scored a goal and hit the bar. But I do agree with the general consensus of the article, ranocchia is better then bonucci...

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=9686

On the game yesterday gds gave him a 7. The rest of the defenders and goalkeeper got between 5.5 and 6 which should explain why they conceded 2 goals.

blackmore
12 Aug 10, 12:37
cant u see we are all frog fanboys here...:)

way better then bonucci imho

The Wall
12 Aug 10, 13:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOe2133V7TM

He is no.5. Bad video quality, but I don't think it was his fault for this Denmark's goal.

Don't know about the second goal, it is not in this highlights.

junior55
14 Aug 10, 08:14
During the juve-milan match of tim cup i was following the genoa-atlethic match to see our future players ranochia-sculli-destro..
I had watched ranochia before too and i can comfirm that he is 10 times better than bonucci . He has a high class when tackling , doesn't need to slide all around the pitch but is very calm . He can be the next nesta for sure..

Stefan
17 Aug 10, 21:22
a Few comments from him. Says he is looking forward to the season with genoa and the italian under 21's. On the tactical front he says he can play as a centreback and as a fullback.

Don't agree with him on the fullback part. He can probably do a job like what nesta did as a lb when he first started and like cordoba and canna has done as rb's but for me he is a centreback.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=25420

Stefan
20 Aug 10, 11:36
Nela says he can be defender of the future.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=25574

Choppin Onions
27 Aug 10, 07:10
Was a smart buy. With Lucio, Samuel and Cordoba all into their 30's now, we'll need him sooner rather than later.

Pajo
27 Aug 10, 13:04
i reckon january will be the month when he will come... And he will be our third choice defender, just after samuel and lucio.. from what i have seen, matrix and cordoba has lost it, i love them, but sorry, it is the truth..

Stefan
27 Aug 10, 13:05
I think he stays at genoa till next season unless we have an injury problem come january.

Stefan
28 Aug 10, 11:40
Cagni with praise for our frog. Can't wait to see genoa tonight.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=26132

Universe
28 Aug 10, 18:02
Udinese - Genoa is at half time.

Ranocchia has been pretty quiet. He's being played on the left side of a 3 man backline and he's definitely right-footed.

He hasn't had to deal with a huge amount of pressure, but it seems all the tackles and interceptions are being made by Dainelli and Criscito. He seems a bit shy on the pitch.. I don't know 100% what formation Bari played last season but if I remember correctly they used a standard 4 man defensive line with 2 CB's. Watching that match, technically he's playing here:

Eduardo
Rossi Dainelli Ranocchia
Rafinha Milanetto Veloso Criscito
Palacio Sculli Palladino

(Toni was subbed for Palladino due to injury)

It seems Ranocchia is playing whereabouts Chivu is located on the pitch.

I don't want to be too critical because I know it's a new team, he's returned from a long injury lay-off, and he doesn't seem to be entirely comfortable in his position.

One definite positive I noticed is that he's not like a Cordoba on the ball. Ranocchia is skilled with the ball, has good vision for a defender and has a fast, accurate and intelligent pass.

Also on an unrelated note, Veloso is an interesting player. A friend told me Veloso is only good in video games, and I'm yet to really be impressed by him. He's got a weird, slicing style of passing, and he's definitely got the vision and style, he's not afraid to shoot or pass. If he managed half the shit he tried, he'd be an amazing player. Perhaps just an off day so far.

vitomins
28 Aug 10, 18:06
Ranocchia made a goal-saving tackle on Di Natale in the first half...was I the only one who saw that??

Tanel
28 Aug 10, 18:11
I dont agree with Universe. Genoa defence has been very solid and so has Ranocchia. imo he looks more than comfortable and very confident and very well aware of what to do.

Universe
28 Aug 10, 18:12
He has good awareness, and looks sharp. But not convincing.

Nyall
28 Aug 10, 18:21
He has good awareness, and looks sharp. But not convincing.

How exactly? Udinese has barely attacked to put any pressure on Frog.

Stefan
28 Aug 10, 19:00
Personally I felt he had a good game. Especially considering its his first official game since the injury. He can play better but I was happy with what he did.

Luka
28 Aug 10, 19:09
They played with 4 at the back, which was something that suprised me knowing Gasperini.

The Frog had a good game, nothing fancy, but he didn't make any major mistake that would lead to a shoting opportunity. 6.5 in gazzetta rankings I guess.

I liked Veloso in the first half. Showed very nice skills on the ball. Genoa should have a very nice season.

vitomins
28 Aug 10, 19:18
You guys may have missed them, but the kid made 2 crucial tackles inside the box...a very tidy defender, does not going flying in like an idiot.

Stefan
28 Aug 10, 19:27
You guys may have missed them, but the kid made 2 crucial tackles inside the box...a very tidy defender, does not going flying in like an idiot.

Missed the di natale one but saw the floro flores one.

Efrain21C
28 Aug 10, 19:42
Genoa played with a 5 defense line, Criscito as a LWB and Rafinha as a RWB one

Omar
29 Aug 10, 01:34
but still a good game by Froggy ... only yesterday i realized he's better than Bonnucci .. very promising and very good move by loaning him to Genoa, hopefully he'll be amazing for us next season if he stays away from injuries.../

Universe
29 Aug 10, 02:32
Great second half from Ranocchia.

Genoa played with a 5 defense line, Criscito as a LWB and Rafinha as a RWB one

Genoa play 3-4-3, Rafinha and Criscito drop back to defend, but aren't really part of the defensive line. Whatever, it's semantics though.

Stefan
29 Aug 10, 07:16
GDS voted him man of the match for genoa with a 7. Inler also got a 7 for udinese. Dainelli also got a 7 but for gds ranocchia was the better of the two hence the man of the match awarding for genoa.

pazzainteramala
29 Aug 10, 07:30
im glad to hear ranocchia is doing well. hopefully he keeps it up, plays for nt, and for inter soon.

rfU
29 Aug 10, 10:54
i don't know where this "he's better than bonucci" remarks started from... right now its too hard to judge. I would say he has more potential and if all goes well, he will be a better player. But right now its difficult to tell.

Stefan
29 Aug 10, 11:11
i don't know where this "he's better than bonucci" remarks started from... right now its too hard to judge. I would say he has more potential and if all goes well, he will be a better player. But right now its difficult to tell.

Ranocchia played for each and every italian under age side, bonucci didn't. Bari's defence fell apart the moment ranocchia wasn't there. The likes of ricardo ferri has compared him to a young nesta. None of the greats have praised bonucci to this level at all.

If you watch the two play you will notice that ranocchia is much more composed and shows better awareness. Only bonucci has on him is that he is quicker.

Luka
29 Aug 10, 11:19
Gazzetta ratings last year was also a lot better for The Frog comparing to Bonucci. (if anyone cares about this stuff)

junior55
29 Aug 10, 11:33

When a 20-22 years boy begins his first 2 seasons in seria a as a starter (and i underline it SERIE A , the land of defenders) than you can't speak anymore about potential but reality. I watched genoa yesterday to see him and sculli and the similiarities between him and Nesta are very true in terms of class and personality.

Bic
29 Aug 10, 13:03
I also saw the game yesterday some killer moves by the Frog and he will get a load of experience especially playing in a 3-5-2 formationwhich is really hard, Faraoni, Benedetti, Santon and Ranocchia and my mouth is wattering the future looks great.

I believe that Ranocchia will be more suited for Benitez way of playing with the defence higher up and i forgot to mention that the guy is huge.

A.l.i
29 Aug 10, 16:02
Keep it up Andrea !!!!!!

Stefan
30 Aug 10, 09:28
Gave a small interview to gds. Says nesta is his inspiration because he is a great player and a nice guy. Seems to be keeping his feet on the ground. Says he is only concentrating on genoa for now when asked about inter.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=10494

junior55
30 Aug 10, 09:49
I believe that Ranocchia will be more suited for Benitez way of playing with the defence higher up and i forgot to mention that the guy is huge.
Well i'm not sure about that. Actually he wasn't very fast and in a high defensive line pace is a crucial point...

Stefan
31 Aug 10, 20:28
Marchetti:"People need to remember inter took ranocchia".

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=26401

Luka
31 Aug 10, 20:39
And I think dooshes like that ^^^ should remember, we got ~70mln+ in total from the outgoing transfers.

Moron.

lonewolf19
01 Sep 10, 01:50
He is the only bright spot in this mercato.

Stefan
04 Sep 10, 11:17
Bacci reckons prandelli will call him soon. Personally he should have been in the squad from the start once he recovered...

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=26641

Pajo
04 Sep 10, 12:09
Ranocchia - Bonucci, one hell of a duo for the future...

Oh and, ive seen both him and bonucci, and i like them both... Whos better in your oppinion?

Stefan
04 Sep 10, 12:15
Not even a contest. Ranocchia. I think it will be chiellini-ranocchia and then later on santacroce-ranocchia.

Bonucci for me is decent defender but he is not at the kind of level that ranocchia and santocroce are.

I think he got a bit lucky last season with both being injured when a spot in the national squad opened.

pazzainteramala
04 Sep 10, 16:30
he should start over bonucci.

Universe
05 Sep 10, 08:48
Not even a contest. Ranocchia. I think it will be chiellini-ranocchia and then later on santacroce-ranocchia.

Bonucci for me is decent defender but he is not at the kind of level that ranocchia and santocroce are.

I think he got a bit lucky last season with both being injured when a spot in the national squad opened.

I haven't watched a whole lot of non-Inter Napoli matches, maybe just4 last season.

I heard alot of praise for Santacroce in the 07/08 season when Napoli got back into Serie A, but it seems to have died down.

You seriously place Santacroce on the same level as Ranocchia?

natointerista
05 Sep 10, 08:54
he should start over bonucci.

Without a 4-man backline it should be ranocchia - bonucci - chiellini

However I prefer santocroce over bonucci not over skill, but just because bonucci is idiotic enough to dribble attackers on 1v1 and one day he'll fail.

Stefan
05 Sep 10, 10:35
I haven't watched a whole lot of non-Inter Napoli matches, maybe just4 last season.

I heard alot of praise for Santacroce in the 07/08 season when Napoli got back into Serie A, but it seems to have died down.

You seriously place Santacroce on the same level as Ranocchia?

No I placed him above bonucci. Ranocchia is the best young defender in the league. Santocroce and Ranocchia have always been the defenders rated as having the ability to be stars of the future from the under age level. Bonucci has never been mentioned in the same sentence...

Santacroce was good in season 2007/2008 and 2008/2009 but he missed the whole 2009/2010 with a knee injury.

Bonucci for me would only be back up.

But for now if I were picking the side chielini - ranocchia would be the starters for italy. But that would happen unless italy fails to qualify for the under 21 championship since the way it works is a player has to finish his under 21 stint. So till ranocchia finishes that bonucci is safe...

Stefan
07 Sep 10, 19:06
Was super today for the under 21's. Both he and ogbonna were great. Won everything in the air and the block when it was certain goal for wales could well have been a match changer.

Destro was also good when he came. Served up a golden chance for his strike partner but he missed kicked. Also hit the post.

pazzainteramala
07 Sep 10, 19:30
happy to hear that.

Omar
07 Sep 10, 23:36
i hope to watch Destro play for Genoa in Serie A ... excited to see what he's made of

natointerista
08 Sep 10, 06:24
Was super today for the under 21's. Both he and ogbonna were great. Won everything in the air and the block when it was certain goal for wales could well have been a match changer.

Destro was also good when he came. Served up a golden chance for his strike partner but he missed kicked. Also hit the post.

Tbh I find ogobonna to be only a speed maniac, the like of suazo but for defence. Most of the passable balls he still just blindly clears off, then again he's very good in the air too

The_Eradicator
09 Sep 10, 05:01
He says he will be with us by January or June, Moratti told him.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/09/09/2109965/andrea-ranocchia-to-move-to-inter-by-seasons-end

Michael
09 Sep 10, 06:29
ANDREA RANOCCHIA: "IN JANUARY OR JUNE, INTER, HERE I COME."

Azzurrini's captain, now with the Rossoblu, anticipates the arrival in Milan.
Ranocchia: "I own Genoa so much but I know Moratti is focusing on a young Italian."

Pescara - Andrea Ranocchia, on Tuesday with the Under 21, you confirmed that you have return to great form. A message to Gasperini, Prandelli or Benitez?
"It is for myself and other Azzurrini players. We've gotten the qualification that no one could believe. Now we will hit the playoffs for the European Championship in 2011 and also aim for the Olympics in London in 2012. In October, I hope to see Poli, Santon and Paloschi."

A dedication to yourself?
"On a personal level after six months off for a very bad injury which I didn't think that I could regain positive feelings. Instead, the knee hasn't given me any problems. All I need is working on my condition because I am always tired at the end of the game."

Genoa and Azzurrini with Inter and the National team in view.
"I am fine in Genoa. Coming back after a long period of inactivity was difficult. Now I can meet with my teammates to plan on different playing modules. Defending requires a lot of work and application. I feel good playing as central defender or on the right. And against Udinese I played on the left."

In the Rossoblu there is an Inter player in Destro.
"Mattia is a very good player. He works hard in training and is always very attentive. His talent shouldn't be questioned and the future is his."

And what is going to happen to Ranocchia?
"Inter have taken me on a co-ownership deal and left me at Genoa to check my recovery after injury. I could arrive in Milan in January. The two clubs just need to talk."

Since it hasn't been decided, is it better to stay at Genoa and have a job than going to Inter and be a learner?
"Especially after six months off, the most important thing is to play."

Inter had looked at you in the past.
"Yes, when I was playing at Arezzo. There were also Milan, Fiorentina and others. My club perhaps asked too much. And three years ago Genoa bought me. Another reason to show my gratitude to Preziosi."

Will it be more emotional to face your past or your future?
"In Bari, I spent a wonderful year there and I am attached to everyone. But the game against Inter will not be like any other games."

The European Champions have very few Italians.
"And this makes me even more proud that they have bet on me. We must believe more in our younger players."

With Ibrahimovic and Robinho, do you believe that Milan are now at the level of Inter?
"They are two great players and have won much in their careers. Certainly the Rossoneri have filled the gap but Inter remain the team to beat. They won everything a few months ago."

Have you ever marked Ibra?
"No, I arrived just as he went to Barcelona. And I can not wait to face him."

It hasn't been decided yet but is it better to face Northern Ireland with the Azzurrini or face Serbia with Prandelli's team?
"The National team is a dream for everyone, but we have made the effort and gotten the playoffs so I want to close it with my friends."

How many times have you thought about without the knee injury you could be playing in South Africa with your former teammate Bonucci?
"Sometimes people reminded me but I immediately turned the corner. The fact is that Leonardo was better than me. We are friends and I would exchange shirts with him crossing the field.".

lonewolf19
09 Sep 10, 06:44
Great Interview. Cannot wait for this kid to arrive.

Stefan
09 Sep 10, 07:12
Great interview. I think he is being very modest in the last answer thought. But great that he arrives soon.

InteristaLT
09 Sep 10, 13:14
I like this kid.I liked that part when said that he is proud that Inter picked him;)

Wallace
09 Sep 10, 14:05
Hope he can keep himself away from all the injuries :)

pazzainteramala
09 Sep 10, 20:08
i cannot wait to see ranocchia in our jersey he would be perfect to replace wall e or lucio. off course which ever dies out first. or injuried

Omar
10 Sep 10, 00:08
Him, Santon, Viviano, Biraghi and others...... So much fuking excitement :D .. More Italians please! Esp youngsters <3

The_Eradicator
10 Sep 10, 01:34
I like this kid.I liked that part when said that he is proud that Inter picked him;)

Yeah same here he handled the question very well and gave a great repsectful answer.

I don't mind him staying all season at Genoa like he said the most important thing for him now is to play...

Choppin Onions
10 Sep 10, 03:39
Him, Santon, Viviano, Biraghi and others...... So much fuking excitement :D .. More Italians please! Esp youngsters <3

Don't forget Crisetig, Donati, Destro and Siligardi. Obviously not all these Italians will pan out and play for Inter but it's nice to see this club invest in more youth. It's a lot cheaper than buying established players from other clubs.

pazzainteramala
10 Sep 10, 04:00
i wish we would get montolivo and cassano from the current squad.

Omar
10 Sep 10, 16:29
i wish we would get montolivo and cassano from the current squad.

i still prefer youngsters ;) ... Coutinho for Cassano, Mariga for Monti ... our squad is in a very good status :thumbsup: ... Rafa just needs to find the right combination and renew the winning mentality for a even more brighter future..

La Bling
11 Sep 10, 04:29
i still prefer youngsters ;)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_f3SZ5Tu916o/S8oMjXM7bVI/AAAAAAAAQfA/WHq5GqoU3vA/s1600/pedobear.png

Omar
11 Sep 10, 16:40
^ LoL i didn't get it ??! r u mocking me :D

dynasty27
12 Sep 10, 15:38
He was subbed after 45m'. why?

Vieri32
12 Sep 10, 16:15
He was playing very well today I hope he's not injured again that would be terrible. I haven't seen anything on any websites please update if someone knows anything

Stefan
12 Sep 10, 16:27
He was subbed after 45m'. why?

Football italia says he got injured.

Haven't anything on how serious or what the injury is. Hopefully its not bad.

From reports genoa's defence went to shit without him.

pazzainteramala
12 Sep 10, 18:59
dammit injuries.

junior55
12 Sep 10, 19:07
Gasperini said that he changed him because he thought his defence was too static during the first half.
Apparently he is a real genius since he got 2 goals in the 2nd half and chievo had at least other 2 clear chances :palm:

Besnik
12 Sep 10, 20:47
I'm worried about him, tbh.

I really hope his injury isn't too serious. :(

Stefan
12 Sep 10, 21:07
There seems to be confusion whether he got injured or it was a tactical decision by gasperini.

Hopefully it was just a massive tactical fuckup...

Omar
13 Sep 10, 00:16
:o i used to rate the great Gasperini high !! i can't believe he pulled out this fucked up tactic ...

pazzainteramala
13 Sep 10, 00:39
:o i used to rate the great Gasperini high !! i can't believe he pulled out this fucked up tactic ...

it could of been injury !

Nero Indigo
13 Sep 10, 10:22
Hope it's not an injury* Maybe I'm a little happy to hear he was pulled out and they lost stupidly. But an injury would add a sour note to this :irritate:

Stefan
13 Sep 10, 12:55
From preziosi comments it seems it was a tactical blunder instead of an injury. Why you would sub your best defender only gasperini knows. Should have taken kaladze out instead.

Stefan
25 Sep 10, 11:50
Preziosi says ranocchia won't leave genoa till june and he is now valued at €20 million.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=28174

Btw. Its Frog vs Il nose today...

Jacquez
25 Sep 10, 12:14
just to clarify: have we bought him fully, or only through co-ownership? if the last option is the case, and he's being valued at those €20m, does it mean we have to pay Genoa an amount resembling those figures?

Jnr
25 Sep 10, 12:28
We have him on co-own..Inter bought half of his playing rights for 6,5M + the loan of Destro..Preziousi just tries to pump more money from MM and I dont blame him. The kid has been the best Genoa player sofar..In any case MM and Preziousi has great rapport and they will close this deal with no problems next summer..

Pajo
25 Sep 10, 12:40
i thought we bought him and loaned him to Genoa to recover from that injury and get more playing time?

Stefan
25 Sep 10, 13:09
No we bought him in a co-ownership deal. Now preziosi just try and gets as much as he can. Genoa also have the option to get co-ownership of destro for €3.5 million. So if they use that option we have already paid them €10 million ( €6.5 million + €3.5 million).

There is no worries ranocchia will be wearing the black and blue by the latest next july.

pazzainteramala
25 Sep 10, 15:30
lets hope ranocchia puts up a good performance today against milan.

Sempre Baggio
25 Sep 10, 18:28
Perfect replacement for ageing Samuel or Lucio. A great young defender who plays and reads the game like Nesta. Bonucci is a great defender but Ranocchia reads the game better!

Stefan
25 Sep 10, 19:36
He was good overall vs milan. I felt that maybe he could have done a bit more on the ibra goal but its probably more then goalie's fault and ibra's magic.

Suneet
25 Sep 10, 19:43
Plus he is going to get better with experience and when training with Lucio Flintstone. Yabba dabba doo.

Stefan
06 Oct 10, 17:13
Preziosi says we have good relations and will find a solution concerning ranocchia's future. He claims only nesta is better, obviously trying to up the value. Ranocchia is great but he isn't yet better then samuel or lucio either. He is the best young centreback in the league.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=12063

Dainelli also had words on him.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=28981

natointerista
09 Oct 10, 05:39
Preziosi says we have good relations and will find a solution concerning ranocchia's future. He claims only nesta is better, obviously trying to up the value. Ranocchia is great but he isn't yet better then samuel or lucio either. He is the best young centreback in the league.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=12063

Dainelli also had words on him.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=28981

I'd rather have him over Cordoba or Materazzi, and Samuel at times can get a bit too dirty and risk it tbh :S, but probably lucio and sam are still better than him.

Stefan
09 Oct 10, 12:45
He was very good again for the under 21's. It was lovely to see 2/4 of the backline being inter's future with him and santon.

Besnik
09 Oct 10, 18:06
He was very good again for the under 21's. It was lovely to see 2/4 of the backline being inter's future with him and santon.

Very pleased to hear good things about Frog. And considering that even Santon was very decent, and Destro too, that makes me very happy.

We have some great prospects!

natointerista
11 Oct 10, 05:49
he did make a terrible mistake which almost let to a goal, but nobody is perfect aferall hehe

Stefan
11 Oct 10, 15:35
Franco Rossi says moratti wants to buy the other half in january. For two reason: 1. The uncertainties shown by our defence in the early part of the season. 2. Prevent any dirty games from milan, them buying the other half and then going to the envelopes.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=12202

rockball
11 Oct 10, 19:07
The 2nd reason is quite a shocking one. It can't be ruled out considering the recent friendship and some helping pact between Genoa and Milan. Surprised Preziosi is doing something like that considering we have given him good business in recent years.

Jnr
11 Oct 10, 19:23
I believe Preziosi and Moratti friendship is way more stronger than Galliani starting kissing Genoas ass lately in August so I have no doubt they have 0 chance of sabotaging the deal to get near Ranocchia.

He will be ours.

InteristaLT
11 Oct 10, 19:52
Fucking BBilan.I hope they wont do that because they are interested in David Luiz but anything to be expected from those bastards...

Suneet
11 Oct 10, 19:56
The sooner the better. I think from Rannochia's point of view he would like to go to Bbilan because he can actually start there. The sooner the better.

Stefan
11 Oct 10, 20:34
The sooner the better. I think from Rannochia's point of view he would like to go to Bbilan because he can actually start there. The sooner the better.

Its basicly the same situation at both clubs. At inter he is blocked by samuel-lucio and at milan he is blocked by nesta-silva.

But given his quality it would surprise if he makes the starting lineup at either club within 6 months of joining the club.

We better not mess this up.

Suneet
11 Oct 10, 20:39
Yes but Nesta isnt going to play all season and is rumored to go back to Lazio.

Stefan
11 Oct 10, 21:11
Yes but Nesta isnt going to play all season and is rumored to go back to Lazio.

and Lucio wants to go back to germany before ending his career. At the end both situations is pretty similiar.

Pravesh
11 Oct 10, 21:21
and Lucio wants to go back to germany before ending his career. At the end both situations is pretty similiar.

Well, I read later on where Lucio stated that he has no desires to return back to Germany but instead leave Inter only for Brazil ??

pazzainteramala
11 Oct 10, 21:27
with wall-e's injury history and age we should get ranocchia now.

Stefan
11 Oct 10, 22:10
Well, I read later on where Lucio stated that he has no desires to return back to Germany but instead leave Inter only for Brazil ??

Does the destination matter?? Fact is he doesn't see inter as his last stop.

Btw. Toni had some nice words on ranocchia.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=12214

Wallace
12 Oct 10, 10:50
We definitely should buy his other 1/2 in Jan, I'd get a nervous breakdown if I see Milan getting involved in any of this, our mercato team did a great job in this deal, they just can't mess it up now. If Genoa still wants him to stay, then we can just loan him to them for the rest of the season.

Pajo
12 Oct 10, 13:22
^^ that is exactly what i wanted to say after reading the last 2 pages, but you said it perfectly... :star:

natointerista
12 Oct 10, 13:50
We definitely should buy his other 1/2 in Jan, I'd get a nervous breakdown if I see Milan getting involved in any of this, our mercato team did a great job in this deal, they just can't mess it up now. If Genoa still wants him to stay, then we can just loan him to them for the rest of the season.

Honestly milan can't just step in and buy his half: he has to accept, and if he does he is not better than a common thief...

Stefan
12 Oct 10, 16:30
I just love the way he brings the ball out of defence. Too bad okaka fucked up by getting himself ofside. Reminds me a lot of lucio in some of the forward runs he makes.

Not to blame on any of the goals conceded. The italian under 21 goalie has to take the blame for the first one, that was a gigantic blunder. Ranocchia did his best trying to cover on the line but the shot was too good.

Second one was very good movement and passing by belarus.

Else then did santon and ranocchia has been good. Destro with little of the ball he has seen has done ok.

Efrain21C
14 Oct 10, 14:22
Ranocchia focusing on Genoa
Andrea Ranocchia thinks he'll only get the chance to play for Inter and Italy if he does well during his stint at Genoa this season.

The 22-year-old was a revelation at Bari last season, prompting Inter to buy a 50 per cent stake in his contract worth €6.5m.

Meanwhile, Ranocchia is back with his parent club Genoa, although his season has yet to really take off partly because Gian Piero Gasperini prefers Dario Dainelli at the heart of his defence.

Genoa President Enrico Preziosi has already weighed in on the matter, questioning Gasperini's use of the talented centre-back.

Interviewed in Tuttosport, Ranocchia said: “I owe a lot to Preziosi who believe in me, signing me from Serie C1 side Arezzo while other clubs were only making inquiries.

“I want to do well with Genoa, playing with continuity after having missed half of last season.

“For this reason I have explained that I will not leave here in January.

“I want to have a great year in red and blue in order to achieve something important in the future,” he concluded.

Stefan
14 Oct 10, 16:56
We will see. He told gazzetta earlier that he could return to inter in january so who knows. I just want us to secure the other 50% as soon as possible. If he has to stay at genoa on loan fine but don't lose him that blind bid crap.

But the current interview I wouldn't trust and that goes for anything written by tutto sport.

Suneet
14 Oct 10, 21:00
I'm sure if he sees a chance for a starting spot, he will run to us.

natointerista
14 Oct 10, 21:06
As I see it, Lucio will not get any better with age, and if he really wants to go to germany again and bremen offer a decent deal we should sell him and get Ranocchia this summer.

|| WS10 ||
14 Oct 10, 22:08
Genoa Defender Andrea Ranocchia Aiming For Inter And Italy Place

Ranocchia has his sights set on a place in the starting XI of Inter and Italy

Genoa defender Andrea Ranocchia has told the press he hopes to perform well for the club in order to book his place in the line-up for Inter and Italy in the future.

The Nerazzurri were impressed by the player's form with Bari last season before he picked up a serious knee injury and purchased half of his rights for a fee of over €6 million and the central defender is now back on track with both the Grifoni and Italy Under-21 side.

"I want to have a great season at Genoa to earn my place with Inter and the national team," he told Tuttosport on Thursday.

Meanwhile, the player also ruled out a move in January, insisting he will stay put until the summer.

"I want to do well with Genoa, playing with continuity after missing half of last season. For this reason I have explained that I will not leave here in January."

Stefan
14 Oct 10, 23:07
As I see it, Lucio will not get any better with age, and if he really wants to go to germany again and bremen offer a decent deal we should sell him and get Ranocchia this summer.

Ranocchia should join in june at the latest whether lucio stays or not. If lucio stays he has a fight on to earn a starting spot if not he should get the spot. But we do need replacements for the aging defenders.

Big Willy
15 Oct 10, 15:40
He said on Genoa website that he has no plans of leaving the team for Inter right now.

CafeCordoba
15 Oct 10, 16:51
Yeah, meaning this season. And that is the absolutely best choice for him. He needs full season, not bench appearances he would get at Inter.

vitomins
18 Oct 10, 15:04
Galante had some nice words about the youngster:

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=29774

Bluenine
22 Oct 10, 15:53
Does anyone else think Gasperini is wasting Ranocchia in a 3 man defence? This cannot be good, neither does he gain much from the experience nor does this do much good to his confidence!

Stefan
22 Oct 10, 22:16
Does anyone else think Gasperini is wasting Ranocchia in a 3 man defence? This cannot be good, neither does he gain much from the experience nor does this do much good to his confidence!

I don't think he doesn't again anything. Its good to learn to play in different systems. The issue at genoa is more that he is being asked to play as a lcd while he is a rcd. He is still doing a good job, but he isn't as comfortable as when with the under 21's he played as the rcd in a back 4.

Personally since he is there best defender I would him as rcd and the play one of the others out of position at lcd.

Stefan
28 Oct 10, 12:50
Preziosi:" If milan call I will tell them no. I am a man of my word and I gave it to moratti. Unless he doesn't want ranocchia the case is closed".

Genoa also wanted coutinho and biabany but we prefered to keep them. He says ranocchia will stay at genoa till june.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=12850

InteristaLT
28 Oct 10, 12:54
I hope Preziosi really is a man of word...I cant imagine BBilan stealing Ranocchia from us

Stefan
30 Oct 10, 10:32
He didn't much to do yesterday but what he did , he did well. I liked the way he got involved in the offensive play.

InteristaLT
30 Oct 10, 15:01
I almost shitted my pants yesterday when Samuel tackled him:lol:Wally almost killed one of our biggest future talents.Thank God that everything is OK:)

lonewolf19
01 Nov 10, 01:34
Any comments about his performance yesterday? I heard he played pretty well against Eto'o.

Efrain21C
01 Nov 10, 07:25
Any comments about his performance yesterday? I heard he played pretty well against Eto'o.

He was a wall, not only against Eto'o, but against anyone that went through his flank

also, he was the most offensive defender in the first half for Genoa, I was highly surprised but happy to see him play like that, I think I'll start to see more Genoa just to see how he develops

Stefan
01 Nov 10, 10:10

He didn't really have much to do since we were very poor offensively but he did keep eto'o and coutinho very much in check on the left hand side. He was also very good bringing the ball out of defence.

Universe
01 Nov 10, 11:34
At Genoa as the right-sided defender for the 3 'CB' defence, he plays too far wide for my liking. I'd really like to see him take Dainelli's place in the center of defence or in the middle 2 CB's for a 4 man backline so I can get a better opinion.

Stefan
01 Nov 10, 12:55
At Genoa as the right-sided defender for the 3 'CB' defence, he plays too far wide for my liking. I'd really like to see him take Dainelli's place in the center of defence or in the middle 2 CB's for a 4 man backline so I can get a better opinion.

That's more to do with gasperini's system, he always plays 3-4-3. Dainelli is too slow to play on the right side so ranocchia has to take that side.

Luka
01 Nov 10, 21:10
Ranocchia playing there will only do good for him. He will learn something different, and it might become a good thing in the future. It's not like he is doing a bad job there.

Stefan
01 Nov 10, 22:08
Matrix thanx branca and moratti for getting him before anyone else really took notice. He also makes the nesta comparison.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=13027

lonewolf19
02 Nov 10, 01:46
This is definitely our best purchase in mercato 2010. Just have a feeling he is going to shine more than Santon, Coutinho, and Balotelli in our shirt.

Besnik
02 Nov 10, 15:25
This is definitely our best purchase in mercato 2010. Just have a feeling he is going to shine more than Santon, Coutinho, and Balotelli in our shirt.

Did we bought anyone apart of Ranocchia, or I am missing something?

And I think Balotelli was the best talent ever for us, so it's hard to believe that anyone can do like he did for us (cut the off-pitch stuff). Honestly, I'm not expecting a lot from Ranocchia, cuz I feel I might be disappointed, but he's definitely a great prospect and one of the promising Italians.

lonewolf19
02 Nov 10, 16:42

And I think Balotelli was the best talent ever for us, so it's hard to believe that anyone can do like he did for us (cut the off-pitch stuff). Honestly, I'm not expecting a lot from Ranocchia, cuz I feel I might be disappointed, but he's definitely a great prospect and one of the promising Italians.

Besnik, we bought half of Ranocchia and send him back on loan in Genoa. We will most likely purchase him outright this summer. If you are talking about other signings... we have Castellazzi, Biabiany, Coutinho, and Mariga.

Besnik
02 Nov 10, 17:27
Besnik, we bought half of Ranocchia and send him back on loan in Genoa. We will most likely purchase him outright this summer. If you are talking about other signings... we have Castellazzi, Biabiany, Coutinho, and Mariga.

Well, Castellazzi is backup (goalkeeper) and he cannot be a competitor for the best purchase, while Biabiany was co-owned if I'm not mistaken, Coutinho was bought in the 2008, and we also bought half of Mariga too (we bought full card in the Jan), so personally I think the only purchase and the best one was the one of Ranocchia.

He is expected to be a starter (Lucio will leave), and he is expected to shine, while Biabiany is temporarily starter, Coutinho too (he was supposed to be Sneijder's backup), and Mariga wasn't expected to be starter. I hope you get my point!

Stefan
02 Nov 10, 20:50

At under 21 level and even serie a level ranocchia has been way more consistent then balo ever was. Balo might make more headlines with his on the field performance because goals wins games but for me there is no doudt that as far as football skills goes ranocchia is as big if not a bigger talent. But he is a centre back so he won't get as many headlines.

rfU
02 Nov 10, 21:06
but for me there is no doudt that as far as football skills goes ranocchia is as big if not a bigger talent.

have to disagree with you on that one. Ranocchia is simply one for the future. Mario is showing his talent NOW and has shown in the 2 seasons previous. His bigger talent no doubt, imagine if he actually put in the work and tried, how good would Mario be??

Stefan
02 Nov 10, 21:36
have to disagree with you on that one. Ranocchia is simply one for the future. Mario is showing his talent NOW and has shown in the 2 seasons previous. His bigger talent no doubt, imagine if he actually put in the work and tried, how good would Mario be??

Ranocchia showed his talent last season already. Bari's defence was the best in the league before he got injured, he didn't just come from now where to burst out to the scene this season he has been gradually showing his class coming up through the lower divisions and the italian youth teams. And as I mentioned at under 21 level he was way more consistent. The same goes at serie a level, ranocchia puts in good performances week in and week out. Mario even before his off the field issues was very inconsistent. Would be on fire one week then very poor the next.

Stefan
06 Nov 10, 22:59
With samuel probably out for the season, we may now be forced to try and get him back january.

Luka
06 Nov 10, 23:06
We wouldn't need to, if only our injuries in midfield weren't as bad.

Chris -> CB
Javier/Davide -> LB
Maicon/Davide -> RB

Walter is injured, which is perfect ocasion to FINALY utilise Chris where he is best, and now we can't cause of other fuckin injuries. Amazing !

pazzainteramala
06 Nov 10, 23:10
wtf of course we need ranocchia, forget chivu we need ranocchia back now that walle is out.

CafeCordoba
06 Nov 10, 23:12
Exactly. Let not ruin Ranocchia's development process, which is perfect at Genoa. This season will be a bit "middle"-season, so we shouldn't try to put all the effort to this season (you know what I mean, by getting all the reinforcements and so).

Efrain21C
07 Nov 10, 14:40
wtf of course we need ranocchia, forget chivu we need ranocchia back now that walle is out.

of course we don't, we have Rivas there

Stefan
07 Nov 10, 14:43
of course we don't, we have Rivas there

:palm::palm: Comparing ranocchia to rivas is like comparing a horse wagon to a ferrari.;)

Gaetan
07 Nov 10, 14:47
Fantasizing about the next Nesta is great and all but we need to win football games NOW. Chivu needs to play in central defense now IMO.

Stefan
07 Nov 10, 14:52
Fantasizing about the next Nesta is great and all but we need to win football games NOW. Chivu needs to play in central defense now IMO.

Chivu hasn't played consistently as a cb for 3 seasons. He has also not played that positions a lot since his head injury. Even if chivu succeeds if either he or lucio gets injured you are stuck with two guys who are well past it(cordoba and matrix).

We need extra cover and seeing as we already own 50%, I rather bring ranocchia back in january since this also allows him to get used to the environment.

Efrain21C
07 Nov 10, 14:55
:palm::palm: Comparing ranocchia to rivas is like comparing a horse wagon to a ferrari.;)

they are 2 different kind of defenders, one can be a truck while the other can be a ferrari, you are going to need one of them in different situations

Gaetan
07 Nov 10, 14:57
Chivu hasn't played consistently as a cb for 3 seasons. He has also not played that positions a lot since his head injury. Even if chivu succeeds if either he or lucio gets injured you are stuck with two guys who are well past it(cordoba and matrix).

We need extra cover and seeing as we already own 50%, I rather bring ranocchia back in january since this also allows him to get used to the environment.

I don't disagree with you Stefan, but who do you start NOW?

Certainly Chivu.

InteristaLT
07 Nov 10, 15:55
Let the kid play in Genoa this season.It will be better for him and we will get him in summer.Right now Chivu can finally start in CB...

kova9
07 Nov 10, 15:56
I'm 80% sure we will get Ranocchia in January.. We might even overprice for second 50% of his contract just to get him now.. He is neccessary now, in this situation when Muro is out..

NimAraya
07 Nov 10, 16:19
I trust Chivu as a CB as much I do about Samuel and Lucio. For me Ranocchia's arrival in januray is not as neccesary as some people say. If we can trust the pair of Lucio-Samuel for a whole season then we can trust the pair of Lucio-Chivu too. If any of them were not available then Cordoba and Matrix are there. They're still not as horrible as some people say. With Maicon, Santon and Zanetti as our SBs I believe it's better to look for another SB than another CB.

Plus, I doubt Ranocchia comes in januray, so we better look for a temporarly option if we're gonna look ffor a CB. I heard that Santacroce from Napoli and Demichelis from bayern Munchen could leave their clubs in januray. A 6 months loan deal is fine for any of them imo.

skeet
07 Nov 10, 16:26
don't hold you're breath for chivu starting at CB, with maicon injured and zanetti having to play in midfield out of necessity that leaves only chivu and santon to play as full backs with cordoba starting in place of samuel

NimAraya
07 Nov 10, 16:30
don't hold you're breath for chivu starting at CB, with maicon injured and zanetti having to play in midfield out of necessity that leaves only chivu and santon to play as full backs with cordoba starting in place of samuel

Our injured midfielders will all comeback sooner or later. Most of them won't be out for a very long time. Chivu might still start as a LB in the next 1,2 matches, but once our midfielders back to action Zanetti can switch back to the SBs and Chivu play as a CB. I hope to see him beside Lucio against Milan. I still remember what a rocky performance he had against them 2 years ago when we've beaten Milan 2-1.

skeet
07 Nov 10, 16:34
chivu's return to CB might be later than everyone thinks because if zanetti is going to play SB there have to be at LEAST 2 of stankovic cambiasso and motta fit and playing well, and we don't know when any of those players are coming back unless i didn't get the memo

Stefan
07 Nov 10, 17:15
I don't disagree with you Stefan, but who do you start NOW?

Certainly Chivu.

Now obviously chivu because I can't get andrea till january. If both were in the inter squad right now I would still start ranocchia. For me only nesta,samuel, chiellini and t.silva are currently better centre backs in serie a.

People can disagree if they want but that's the way I feel about the kid.

rfU
07 Nov 10, 17:28
Now obviously chivu because I can't get andrea till january. If both were in the inter squad right now I would still start ranocchia. For me only nesta,samuel, chiellini and t.silva are currently better centre backs in serie a.erm, what about Lucio and Samuel ;) Ranocchia hasn't been tested, so lets not go there yet. Doesn't make sense to. However, I would rather him as a CB than Chivu. He can be great but some moments he just switches off completely and just switches off. There's room for Ranocchia, let him come now so by next season he's ready for the first team.

Stefan
07 Nov 10, 17:45
erm, what about Lucio and Samuel ;) Ranocchia hasn't been tested, so lets not go there yet. Doesn't make sense to. However, I would rather him as a CB than Chivu. He can be great but some moments he just switches off completely and just switches off. There's room for Ranocchia, let him come now so by next season he's ready for the first team.

I forgot lucio somehow but I did mention samuel. If you look at my list you will see him just after nesta. Always been the two best centrebacks for the last 10 years for me, wally and nesta. Its rather sad that they are getting close to the end of their careers.

blackmore
08 Nov 10, 00:02
wow stef you really got a hard on for this kid huh...:D

but yeah january wont come around soon enough we definately need someone.

skeet
08 Nov 10, 00:18
i thought he was terrible against palermo, but so were both of his defensive partners so i won't judge on that game

Stefan
08 Nov 10, 01:31
Didn't watch the game so can't comment on the palermo game. I don't really like the way gasperini employs him as an attacking rcb. It might be good for his development but its certainly not his best position/style of play.

pazzainteramala
08 Nov 10, 04:31
the good thing about getting ranocchia is he is basically guaranteed a starting spot unless retard rafa still gets on chivus knees for cb position.. so he's better off starting for inter than genoa.

skeet
08 Nov 10, 04:54
Didn't watch the game so can't comment on the palermo game. I don't really like the way gasperini employs him as an attacking rcb. It might be good for his development but its certainly not his best position/style of play.

the genoa defense was completely non existent, it seemed like every time palermo had possession a player would go one-on-one with the keeper, it's amazing how it didn't end 4-3

Michael
08 Nov 10, 05:56
GdS suggests that we may have to pay more than 10 million for us to get him in January.

NimAraya
08 Nov 10, 06:36
I doubt any coach would drop any of Lucio or Samuel for Ranocchia. So he most likely get a bench role or play randomly.

Stefan
08 Nov 10, 08:57
I doubt any coach would drop any of Lucio or Samuel for Ranocchia. So he most likely get a bench role or play randomly.

Currently yes( they are afterall the best cd partnership or one of in the world) but we have to first say how samuel recovers. If he is still the same after the injury then andrea will have a fight on his hand to earn a starting spot. But samuel out for quite a while , if he does arrive in january he has the chance to cement a sporting spot if he plays to his potential.

Lucio also wants to return to germany in a season or two so we have to prepare for the future.

Anyway the mercato sources suggest that getting back ranocchia is inter's first choice, genoa seem to be opposed to this. Could be just a negotiating tactic. GDS suggest it could take €10-12 million.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=31259
http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=13329

Stefan
08 Nov 10, 14:42
Andrea's dad on the situation. Basicly says his son wouldn't mind join inter in january at all but its down to the two companies...

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=13336

Mediaset says we will discuss it , in the next few days.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=31287

n4l
08 Nov 10, 16:35
so hold up..
10-12mil IN ADDITION TO whatever sum we already paid this summer?
( i am assuming we paid something for the co-ownership deal)

Pajo
08 Nov 10, 16:42
yup, most probably.. that is his FULL price... and instead paying 5-6 mils as addiion to those we payed before, we have to pay the full prise...

n4l
08 Nov 10, 16:43
how much did we pay for the co-ownership?
any rough estimates posted by gazzetta e.t.c? since i'm guessing those numbers are probably not public.

DIN011
08 Nov 10, 16:46
how much did we pay for the co-ownership?
any rough estimates posted by gazzetta e.t.c? since i'm guessing those numbers are probably not public.

6M€ plus Destro.

n4l
08 Nov 10, 16:50
damn

so if we have to end up paying 12mil euro for the other "portion" (can't call it "half"...lol), that's 18mil plus destro.....

wait...is destro SOLD or only on LOAN to genoa?

DIN011
08 Nov 10, 16:51
Destro is just loaned out.

Inter Siamo Noi
08 Nov 10, 16:52
Now he is on loan at Genoa with option to co-ownership at the end of the season for 4 mil euro.

I hope he'll not leave us and just will be there on loan.

Stefan
08 Nov 10, 17:36
Destro is on loan with co-ownership option. If he proves himself he will comeback. We payed 6.5 million for ranocchia's co-ownership. We will obviously have to pay an inflated price to get him back early.

rfU
08 Nov 10, 17:45
Lucio also wants to return to germany in a season or two so we have to prepare for the future.that's what i'm sayin'. he needs to assimilate NOW so he will be ready to be our starting CB next season. And Chivu can swallow fat elephant cock, he fucks up so much at SB, how the hell our going reinstate as our CB. I know I know, it's not his preferred position but still, he's too laissez-faire at the back. Although he did have a good game against France a few months back.

Anyway the mercato sources suggest that getting back ranocchia is inter's first choice, genoa seem to be opposed to this. Could be just a negotiating tactic. GDS suggest it could take €10-12 million.fuuuck that... lets give em muntari :)

NimAraya
08 Nov 10, 18:57
fuuuck that... lets give em muntari :)

Or Rivas and Mancini.

Inter Siamo Noi
08 Nov 10, 19:01
Rivas, Mancini and Suazo.

NimAraya
08 Nov 10, 19:02
Rivas, Mancini and Suazo.

Genoa don't want Suazo. They already had him for 6 months last year and tfound out what a piece of crap he is, so they sent him back. Plus Genoa already has enough strikers.

Pravesh
08 Nov 10, 19:06
Destro is on loan with co-ownership option. If he proves himself he will comeback. We payed €6.5 million for ranocchia's co-ownership. We will obviously have to pay an inflated price to get him back early.

Exactly Stefan. If the management is planning to sign someone else, then I would rather go for the inflated price (I hope its not that much) for Rano. Coz it would cost us the same price if we have to get rid later on :D

Well, I think we can do with Chivu/Cordoba to partner Lucio with Matrix as a back up and hoping we won't have any other serious injuries. That being said, I obviously wouldn't mind Mr.Frog to join Inter early ;)

NimAraya
08 Nov 10, 19:40
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/11/08/2204805/inter-desperate-to-bring-back-andrea-ranocchia-from-genoa-in

Stefan
08 Nov 10, 20:32
Genoa were close to mancini last january transfer. Deal was all set to go through till mou said no. He said he needed him and then didn't use him at all...

Luka
08 Nov 10, 21:06
What I would do is try Chivu in the center. Stefan said he didn't play there regulary for years. True. But that just proves he didn't play there, not that he can't play there. We don't know. And from what I hear he played all this time in the center in his NT.

So what I would do is push him to the center, the moment it becomes available (Javier left back, Santon right back), and see how it goes. If he does well, I wouldn't buy anybody, unless we're talking left back, cause with Chivu back in the center we're 3/4 on the sides. It should be this way anyways, so maybe this is an opportunity to finaly stop with this Chris as left back nonesense. He was suppose to play there as a last result, but over past 2 years he has become almost a first choice.

I would understand if we wanted him right now, but pay double what we would pay in the summer is pretty ironic to me. It seems, that we tend to spend money, only when we're fucked, and there is simply no other choice. But when we do need reinforcments, although it's not emergency, then we're waiting for another Wes kind of a deal.

NimAraya
08 Nov 10, 21:54
Genoa were close to mancini last january transfer. Deal was all set to go through till mou said no. He said he needed him and then didn't use him at all...

:palm: :palm: :palm:

Opeum
09 Nov 10, 06:30
What I would do is try Chivu in the center. Stefan said he didn't play there regulary for years. True. But that just proves he didn't play there, not that he can't play there. We don't know. And from what I hear he played all this time in the center in his NT.

So what I would do is push him to the center, the moment it becomes available (Javier left back, Santon right back), and see how it goes. If he does well, I wouldn't buy anybody, unless we're talking left back, cause with Chivu back in the center we're 3/4 on the sides. It should be this way anyways, so maybe this is an opportunity to finaly stop with this Chris as left back nonesense. He was suppose to play there as a last result, but over past 2 years he has become almost a first choice.

I would understand if we wanted him right now, but pay double what we would pay in the summer is pretty ironic to me. It seems, that we tend to spend money, only when we're fucked, and there is simply no other choice. But when we do need reinforcments, although it's not emergency, then we're waiting for another Wes kind of a deal.

Same here ;)

Opeum
09 Nov 10, 06:30

Same here ;)

Stefan
09 Nov 10, 07:51

I am not doudting that chris can play the postion better then he does at lb. My doudts are two fold. Are you comfortable that chris can play consistently well for 35 + games that we have left this season?? He hasn't played at cb for any stretch in a long time, he has played the odd game. Are you confident given his injury record that he will stay fit, if he gets injured are you comfortable with either materrazi or cordoba as his sub for any lenght of games??

Personally I am not hence why I want ranocchia, this also gives him the opportunity to get used to the environment earlier.

Hammoudi
09 Nov 10, 08:01
Ok, what the fck is SB? First I thought it was a mistake but now I keep on seeing it! I know RB, LB, CD and Sweeper...Is it Switch Back (a player who can play in either flank - and not in Hal's way)? Or is it a sweeper back (which is redundant)?

Anyway, I don't trust Chivu in CD, in fact, I don't trust him in any position. He isn't very intelligent and some of his tackles in the area are dangerous and dumb. You need smart tacklers like Lucio and Samuel.

NimAraya
09 Nov 10, 08:05
I am not doudting that chris can play the postion better then he does at lb. My doudts are two fold. Are you comfortable that chris can play consistently well for 35 + games that we have left this season?? He hasn't played at cb for any stretch in a long time, he has played the odd game. Are you confident given his injury record that he will stay fit, if he gets injured are you comfortable with either materrazi or cordoba as his sub for any lenght of games??

Personally I am not hence why I want ranocchia, this also gives him the opportunity to get used to the environment earlier.

If Chivu gets a long lengh injury then that's gonna be another bad luck. But if he gets minor injuries like he always does then Cordoba is fine as a temporarly replacement. I have no problem with Ranocchia coming in januray but I got a feeling that it might affect the management concentration about looking for attacking options in the market. Genoa may play hard balls over Ranocchia and the time flies by while we're wasting it to find new players for attacking positions. I believe an easy target is fine for the defence, like a loan deal.

Anyway, if Genoa and Ranocchia don't waste our time in januray then he'll be the first choice indeed.

Stefan
09 Nov 10, 08:07
Ok, what the fck is SB? First I thought it was a mistake but now I keep on seeing it! I know RB, LB, CD and Sweeper...Is it Switch Back (a player who can play in either flank - and not in Hal's way)? Or is it a sweeper back (which is redundant)?

Anyway, I don't trust Chivu in CD, in fact, I don't trust him in any position. He isn't very intelligent and some of his tackles in the area are dangerous and dumb. You need smart tacklers like Lucio and Samuel.

Its sideback, its basicly a fullback who can't attack. Basicly what chivu and cordoba play.

NimAraya
09 Nov 10, 08:08

lol, it's Side Back. Refers to both of RB and LB. Just like CB that refers to Center Back.

Vice versa Hamed, I think Chivu's strenght as a CB is his intelligence. He's very solid in the center. One of the best in the world. I think his shaky performances as a LB is affecting your judgement toward him.

Luka
09 Nov 10, 10:13

If it happened in last week of january, I'd agree with you about your first issue. But it's november, and there is plenty of time to see how Chris would do in the center for 4, 5, 6 games straight.

About his injuries, that's true. He tends to get them, although lately he seemed better in that regard. This is the problem, but we could say similar to some degree about Walter, who did have problems in past 3 years. Nobody of us though had problems with focusing on Walter, even though now he got major injury (again).

As for Matrix and Cordoba, well they are there for a reason. To be honest I liked Matrix whenever I saw him this season, and Cafe can cover up, although not as good.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to have Frog now, but imo we should focus our attentions on other positions we seriously lack. In center back we are set, even though it's not perfect with Walter out. But it's deffinetly better than what we have in attack.

Its sideback, its basicly a fullback who can't attack. Basicly what chivu and cordoba play.
From what I remember, fullback is the one playing on the side in 3 man deffense formations. So he is somewhere between midfield, and deffense. Side back is playing in 4 men deffense, and they are basicly set in line with the center backs.

It has nothing to do with abbility to attack. Maicon is a sideback, and obviously he can attack ;)

I have no problem with Ranocchia coming in januray but I got a feeling that it might affect the management concentration about looking for attacking options in the market.
That's it.

Pajo
09 Nov 10, 10:16
From what I remember, fullback is the one playing on the side in 3 man deffense formations. So he is somewhere between midfield, and deffense.

that's wing back what you explained there ;)

Stefan
09 Nov 10, 10:25
It starts... Muntari to be used as a exchange piece.:)

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=13378

Luka
09 Nov 10, 10:26
I like this line:

"The priority for the Nerazzurri is to strengthen the defense and is seriously considering Frogley, formerly co-owned by Inter Genoa."

:P

I know this is the invention of the paper, but still, pretty funny.

that's wing back what you explained there ;)
It is ? Damn.

Seems I don't remember it that well after all :P

NimAraya
09 Nov 10, 10:33
"The priority for the Nerazzurri is to strengthen the defense."

:P

Why am I not surprised?! :palm:

Suneet
09 Nov 10, 12:51
In other news Genoa have asked for a new currency in the Rannochia deal. Its calld Muntaris.

Efrain21C
09 Nov 10, 13:03
I don't think Genoa will let Moratti just take away Ranocchia from them, in JANUARY ffs

With Ballardini on the helm, expect him to want to keep his best players through the end of the season, maybe with Gasperini we could had snatched him, but with a new coach, I'm sure he will say that he NEEDS him on his team for his objectives

Stefan
09 Nov 10, 15:02
Players will and money plays a big role. We will see what happens but its certainly not impossible.

Preziosi seems contradict himself in his latest words. Says inter decides when he goes but says no to jan. Now if Inter is deciding then jan wouldn't e discounted??

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=31357

According to sky genoa are looking for a replacement for him if he goes in january. They say cannines.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=31360

NimAraya
09 Nov 10, 15:34
According to sky genoa are looking for a replacement for him if he goes in january. They say cannines.

I say Rivas.

lonewolf19
10 Nov 10, 00:30
I say Rivas.

LOL +1

snowforum180
14 Nov 10, 18:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3kTAKYzt98

Stefan
14 Nov 10, 18:58
Called up for the italian squad along with santon.

Besnik
14 Nov 10, 19:06

Cheers.

And well done for the winner goal today!!

pazzainteramala
15 Nov 10, 04:44

thank god.. he deserves it , and he should play over shit bonucci... cant wait for him to join us. if matrix injury is severe like wall-e's i cna see the frog coming in January.

snowforum180
15 Nov 10, 07:30
We need him desperately.

Stefan
16 Nov 10, 08:31
Seems we will have to resign ourselves to waiting till june.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=31852

NimAraya
16 Nov 10, 09:05
I think Inter is better look for a LB. Chivu is the best option for the center and we don't need to buy him. We already have him! I recommend to Inter not to waste time with Genoa till the last day and still fail. We already have 3 options for RB and 3 options for LB, but with Chivu swtiching to the center we may be in lack of options for the LB with only Zanetti and Santon.

There are many ways to solve this problem and they are not all related to get a CB for sure.

pazzainteramala
16 Nov 10, 16:19
criscito

Batman
16 Nov 10, 20:09
criscito

he is great..but the fuckin genoa's president is the fuckin problem who will not let him go!!

Stefan
16 Nov 10, 20:53
He will be starting tomorrow along with viviano and santon. We can get a semi picture of what could be our future defence.

Pravesh
16 Nov 10, 21:28
One of the worst transfer rumour I have ever read (channel):

Andrea Ranocchia is set for his senior Italy debut against Romania. “It’s up to me to win over the Coach and stay as a regular.”
The Under-21 international has received a call from Cesare Prandelli and is in the confirmed starting XI for tomorrow’s friendly in Klagenfurt.

“It goes without saying that I’m very happy to be here, as it’s the dream of everyone who plays football to represent their country,” said the Genoa defender.

“Now it’s up to me to win over the Coach and stay as a regular in this Italy squad.

“I am very happy to be reunited with my old teammate Leonardo Bonucci, as we are bonded by a great friendship off the field and a strong synergy on it.”

The two played together at Bari and for the Under-21 side, while reports suggest they could be together again in Turin next season.

“At the moment he is ahead of me, having played in the World Cup and moved to a big club like Juventus.

“For now I won’t think about the transfer market. First of all I want to give my all for Genoa, then we’ll see.”

:D

-------------------------------------

Pajo
16 Nov 10, 21:50
who said that again? :lol: :lol:

imho is more likely that bonucci will play for us one day than ranocchia to jube :D

pazzainteramala
16 Nov 10, 22:40
he is great..but the fuckin genoa's president is the fuckin problem who will not let him go!!

Don't we have good connections with him.

pazzainteramala
16 Nov 10, 22:41
One of the worst transfer rumour I have ever read (channel):

Andrea Ranocchia is set for his senior Italy debut against Romania. “It’s up to me to win over the Coach and stay as a regular.”
The Under-21 international has received a call from Cesare Prandelli and is in the confirmed starting XI for tomorrow’s friendly in Klagenfurt.

“It goes without saying that I’m very happy to be here, as it’s the dream of everyone who plays football to represent their country,” said the Genoa defender.

“Now it’s up to me to win over the Coach and stay as a regular in this Italy squad.

“I am very happy to be reunited with my old teammate Leonardo Bonucci, as we are bonded by a great friendship off the field and a strong synergy on it.”

The two played together at Bari and for the Under-21 side, while reports suggest they could be together again in Turin next season.

“At the moment he is ahead of me, having played in the World Cup and moved to a big club like Juventus.

“For now I won’t think about the transfer market. First of all I want to give my all for Genoa, then we’ll see.”

:D

-------------------------------------

lmfao

Stefan
16 Nov 10, 22:45
Where the hell didn't football italia come up with that bs?? Haven't seen anything of gobbi even remotely mentioned, bbilan slightly but preziosi already said its a bs story. I am 100% sure that by June 31 ranocchia will fully be inter owned. Then we can stop worrying.

Stefan
17 Nov 10, 13:30
Andrea says preziosi told him he wants to keep him till june. Says for now he is only thinking of genoa. But he isn't worried, says he will be fine no matter what team he lands in january.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=13778

satubito
18 Nov 10, 06:39
Was a mess for Italy on defense. Clearly the nerves of his first cap got to him! He is gonna be a good one!

Stefan
18 Nov 10, 20:28
In order to get him back for january we could offer biabany and santon. I truely hope if this is true santon is only a loan. Just because rafa has no clue is no reason to give him up. He does need to play though.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=13849

skeet
18 Nov 10, 20:41
In order to get him back for january we could offer biabany and santon. I truely hope if this is true santon is only a loan. Just because rafa has no clue is no reason to give him up. He does need to play though.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=13849

definitely a bad deal, he's not the only option out there and we will need more young defenders anyway, so i think we should just get him in the summer

Suneet
18 Nov 10, 21:58
So we plan to give them Santon and Biabiany.... aaargh, and who will play at LB if Chivu is injured? Branca? Benitez? I dont think Rafa will change Chivu to CB anytime soon.

pazzainteramala
18 Nov 10, 22:53
as long as we replace both.

blackmore
19 Nov 10, 05:01
:palm:

rockball
19 Nov 10, 05:38
If Santon goes on loan, do we lose him as club trained for the future?

Stefan
19 Nov 10, 08:18
If Santon goes on loan, do we lose him as club trained for the future?

No he has already completed his three year, same as krhin.

Stefan
19 Nov 10, 08:55
Milan bitches trying to get their paws on him.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=32075

pazzainteramala
20 Nov 10, 02:16
fuck we better secure him, those pricks will do anything to replace nesta with ranocchia.

CafeCordoba
20 Nov 10, 10:28
So we plan to give them Santon and Biabiany.... aaargh, and who will play at LB if Chivu is injured? Branca? Benitez? I dont think Rafa will change Chivu to CB anytime soon.

Yeah. Biabiany is just fine but does it make any sense to ditch Santon? For sure he must go on loan only. Unless we try to get Criscito too as it's rumored?

Stefan
20 Nov 10, 10:50
Mediaset claims we have made an offer for genoa consisting of biabany plus €2 million plus the loan of santon. As long as its only a loan I am fine. Davide needs to play. Half a season at genoa might do him good.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=13894

Concerning criscito. May understanding from reading the various is inter want santon to concentrate on being a rb and get a new lb. So I don't think getting criscito means the club ditching davide.

Suneet
20 Nov 10, 10:52
Yes, but if he's a regular at Genoa and Maicon and Criscito are first choice here, why will he want to come back?

Stefan
20 Nov 10, 10:57
Yes, but if he's a regular at Genoa and Maicon and Criscito are first choice here, why will he want to come back?

You presume maicon is staying long term here. I don't think he will be here long.

Suneet
20 Nov 10, 11:00
Where will he go? Why will we sell him when we kept him in the summer? IMO Maicon will be much better when he comes back, which is standard practice nowadays, he lost interest in Calcio 2 summers back.

blackmore
20 Nov 10, 15:01
he'll heat up when it matters. he peaks at the right time of the year and he's been doing it for a while now.

rfU
21 Nov 10, 15:10
was pretty dour vs Juve. Losing too many headers in the area. And he's a tall dude

Stefan
24 Nov 10, 15:50
Seems we may give mariga as a co-ownership in order to get him in jan. Also talking of buying his other half but letting him stay at genoa on loan. Also quite a few other players being mentioned as co-owned deals between the two sides. Galeano(Idependiente),borini(chelsea),djalo(sporti ng lisbon) and bonnes(nantes). Seems mm and preziosi had lots of things to discuss over dinner...

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=14110

Jnr
24 Nov 10, 17:01
I wouldn't want to give Mariga at all..He is a very good back up player..Muntari is the one who should get a kick out from the squad..But he knows life is good here, he has a good contract and is willing to sit on the bench or in the stands, he doesn't care.

CafeCordoba
24 Nov 10, 18:33
I don't see point getting Ranocchia with the rush. It's not like he'll give an immediate impact, a player walking to the starting lineup or anything. Just try to loan a player and then buy Ranocchia fully in the summer and integrate him into the squad from the start of the season.

Stefan
24 Nov 10, 18:37
I disagree for me he would start next lucio in 90% of the games. Getting him now means he integrates quicker.

lonewolf19
25 Nov 10, 05:16
I want him in January too. He will start beside Lucio.