PDA

View Full Version : Francesco Toldo

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

kova9
04 Jan 06, 21:13
Oh ffs kova, how differently do you think they would treat him at Milan?

And competition is part of a footballer's life, if he didn't like it, he should have chosen another job, or a smaller team.

To be honest, it's not a question of Toldo saying stuff, he only said that he didn't expect to be on the bench, that's all. It's fans that say 'we are treating him with no respect'. That's simply bullshit.

Anyway if he goes to Milan he'll break my freakin heart...
well he would break my heart too,but you gotta understand that he is 36 and he is over..So I wouldn't be so mad with him for going ther,just like I'm not with Tritolone..;)

cool_cuchu
04 Jan 06, 22:56
Well, Toldo is too good for being benchwarmer, he should find himself another team. It's better for him and fairer... If he would stay for inter, fine as well with me.

05 Jan 06, 04:31
Thatz da point. he shud find a club where he can play regularly, there is absolutely no point in him going to Milan.

He shud learn from Vieri's blunder. Unless he wants some fat paychecks.

Vic
05 Jan 06, 04:42
I don't think he will go to Milan. If he leaves he will likely wanna play and in Milan that is just as likely to happen as he is at Inter!

05 Jan 06, 04:55
Vieri also knew dat, but he still went 2 Milan.

Marcello
05 Jan 06, 07:04
i dunno i dont wana let go of toldo hes like one of the players that served inter for a long time and hes a great! i say great back up keeper probly best in the world i hope he doesnt get loose of inter :(

Cheers
Marcello

Wallace
05 Jan 06, 07:43
Vieri also knew dat, but he still went 2 Milan.
vieri's situation was some how different to toldo, vieri got to play regularly most of the time the season before he joined milan. While Toldo just sat on the bench for most of the time.

05 Jan 06, 08:14
vieri's situation was some how different to toldo, vieri got to play regularly most of the time the season before he joined milan. While Toldo just sat on the bench for most of the time.
Well after last season Vieri knew Oba and Adriano wud be our 1st choice. So he left in the summer. Whereas Toldo did not know that Julio Cesar will be the 1st choice keeper for this season.

Not much difference.

Fabio
05 Jan 06, 15:54
Toldo will stay because next year it will be Cesar on the bench. We need italian players, keep that in mind.

Italians? Hahaha what a joke we are Internazionale!

Fabio :rolleyes:

CafeCordoba
05 Jan 06, 16:39
Italians? Hahaha what a joke we are Internazionale!

Fabio :rolleyes:
No, we do need Italians. UEFA's regulations considering homegrown players will be valid on season 06-07 what I've understood. So we really need Italian players, and not just youngsters but first team players too.

Jake
05 Jan 06, 16:41
Toldo's days are over. Better face it now. I still think he has maybe 3 years left at the top level. I hope he joins some team where they understand his value better than we did. Forza Toldone!

Frisko
05 Jan 06, 16:50
Toldo's days are over. Better face it now. I still think he has maybe 3 years left at the top level. I hope he joins some team where they understand his value better than we did. Forza Toldone!

The best place he could go would be Fiorentina, they might plan to sell Frey next year and make some money.

Jake
05 Jan 06, 16:52
Fiorentina would be indeed a perfect place for Toldone. A return to the club where he became "big".

Stefan
05 Jan 06, 17:18
No, we do need Italians. UEFA's regulations considering homegrown players will be valid on season 06-07 what I've understood. So we really need Italian players, and not just youngsters but first team players too.

It doesn't have to be italian. And we just need 2 and we already have oba who qualifies as 1. Plus we can use andreoli. So we have 2 and thats excluding matrix and favalli. Who qualify as federation players. You need to have 2 of those as well next season.

05 Jan 06, 18:32
The best place he could go would be Fiorentina, they might plan to sell Frey next year and make some money.
Fiorentina does not own Frey ... he is on loan from Parma.

Frisko
05 Jan 06, 20:03
Fiorentina does not own Frey ... he is on loan from Parma.

Even better then.

Tanel
05 Jan 06, 20:26
Fiorentina, I think, have an first option to buy Frey anyway. ;)

And Parma has a new owner too, I'm not sure would he want to get rid of Frey.

Hammoudi
06 Jan 06, 01:37
I wish I was Parma's owner so that I can sell Frey to a team in Mars:mad:

And Jake, Toldo has previously said that he won't join Fiorentina. He said it was a closed chapter in his life.

cool_cuchu
06 Jan 06, 03:25
perhaps he will retire with us and enjoy the bench more...
Face it, Inter may win scudetto for the next consecutive four years... Better be here and win with us... after all Toldo has contributed a lot to the team..

Wallace
06 Jan 06, 08:57
I wish I was Parma's owner so that I can sell Frey to a team in Mars:mad:

And Jake, Toldo has previously said that he won't join Fiorentina. He said it was a closed chapter in his life.

Parma's new owner is Sanz, previous Real Merda's president, who i think is better than the one now. Too bad, he arrived at the time which Parma is going to Serie B :P

Tanel
06 Jan 06, 08:58
perhaps he will retire with us and enjoy the bench more...
Face it, Inter may win scudetto for the next consecutive four years... Better be here and win with us... after all Toldo has contributed a lot to the team..Can you get an champion medal without playing? I doubt actually. :( Though, he's another one of those players in our squad who deserves 5 Scudettos, but has none.

Tanel
06 Jan 06, 08:59
Parma's new owner is Sanz, previous Real Merda's president, who i think is better than the one now. Too bad, he arrived at the time which Parma is going to Serie B :PI think you've heard of a thing called January transfer window. Why not splash some money? ;)

Pod
06 Jan 06, 09:20
It doesn't have to be italian. And we just need 2 and we already have oba who qualifies as 1. Plus we can use andreoli. So we have 2 and thats excluding matrix and favalli. Who qualify as federation players. You need to have 2 of those as well next season.Stefan, so is it already decided ?
It has to be 2 federation players in the squad(18 players including reserves) for the game, yes ?And they don't have to be even on the pitch ?

Stefan
06 Jan 06, 16:46
Stefan, so is it already decided ?
It has to be 2 federation players in the squad(18 players including reserves) for the game, yes ?And they don't have to be even on the pitch ?

I am not sure if it has been implemented yet. All I know there are plans to implemt it for 2006/2007. They also state it will increase by 1 fed and 1 home grown player per season. Untill 2008/2009 were the max is set as 5 fed and 4 home grown players. I don't know whether this was accepted when they voted. But this was the proposal.

07 Jan 06, 01:01
Does they have to be a part of the offical squad or they have to make it to the bench on matchdays ?

Stefan
07 Jan 06, 08:44
Does they have to be a part of the offical squad or they have to make it to the bench on matchdays ?

No all they have to be is included in the A list of 25 players submitted to uefa. They don't even ever have to play.

07 Jan 06, 16:17
more reasons for 3rd keeper to be a primavera guy

Stefan
07 Jan 06, 20:33
more reasons for 3rd keeper to be a primavera guy

Primareva guys usually go on the b list.

08 Jan 06, 07:17
thatz what i mean ... develop them by giving them oppurtunities to play. Why let them rot if they have talent?

DISCO ZZANG
09 Jan 06, 10:27
Toldo plz go to the devil. what? can go for Dida's back up? plz get out!!! we also want saved money.

09 Jan 06, 10:46
ZZANG u rule mate !!! Gr8 stuff. lol

SB9Dragon
14 Jan 06, 21:21
Leaving Toldo on our bench is a definate waste, for him and us. We should sell him the first chance we get. Hopefully Fiorentina don't give up on him for Pagliuca. We need to get some value for him.

Though I'm not so sure now because Moratti talked something about wanting him to stay/we need two strong keepers/plus it's been said he loves the club. Even with all those things in consideration, I think it's risky to let his contract run out, because if he's offered enough cash and a definate starting position he might jump at it.

04 Feb 06, 17:07
Toldo set for Inter extension
Saturday 4 February, 2006

Despite strong reports he is set to leave in the summer, Francesco Toldo reveals he has been offered a contract extension at Inter.

“The club has shown great respect for me,” said the veteran goalkeeper. “In June I will turn 34 years of age and the offer to carry on here until I am 38 makes me very proud.”

The shot-stopper has had a mixed career at the San Siro since joining from Fiorentina in 2001, having hit career heights with some match-winning displays for Italy in Euro 2000 on his way to the silver medal.

He was repeatedly dropped in favour of Alberto Fontana and Fabian Carini last season, while the arrival of Brazilian international Julio Cesar this summer has pushed him on to the bench for everything except Coppa Italia ties.

Despite rumours of a return to the Stadio Artemio Franchi or even an international move to Arsenal, he looks set to end his career with the Nerazzurri.

“I haven’t put pen to paper yet, but I think that everything is ready to be signed, sealed and delivered,” added Toldo.

04 Feb 06, 17:08
Just love this stuff ... 2 gr8 goalkeepers in the squad ... the Chelski way !!!

04 Feb 06, 17:11
Same thing on www.goal.com ... things looking good fellas!

Hammoudi
04 Feb 06, 17:26
This is great news :star:

Tanel
04 Feb 06, 17:41
I respect and remember him forever when he will sign this contract!

Fabio
04 Feb 06, 17:46
If he signs this he will forever be one of my favourite players!

Fabio :star:

P.S Toldo posted thanking everyone for their Birthday wishes on an Italian Inter forum! :D

Jake
04 Feb 06, 18:01
P.S Toldo posted thanking everyone for their Birthday wishes on an Italian Inter forum! :D

Yeah he did. He also wished everyone merry christmas and a happy new year.
"Ciao Ragazzi!
Volevo ringraziare tutti voi che mi avete scritto via mail e in questo sito e che mi siete sempre cosi' vicini. Colgo l'occasione per farvi tanti auguri di Buon Natale e Buon Anno!
Un caro saluto a tutti!
Con affetto
Francesco Toldo"

04 Feb 06, 18:04
can we invite him to post for us? If he has got a laptop, he shud have plenty of time, specially during matches.

Fabio
04 Feb 06, 19:11
I will try and send him a PM on that forum - so if he ever posts again he might see the message!

Fabio :D

Pulsar36
05 Feb 06, 03:16
I Love Inter- please PM me the name of the forum.

I believe I am already a member of some huge Italian speaking forum, I actually needed special permission from the owner to join b/c I'm not from an Italian IP address. But please link me anyways, in case it's different.

Frisko
05 Feb 06, 10:03
The club has shown great respect for me.

If he really said that, this would really shut up all those who were moaning about how disrespectfully he was treated when he was dropped in favour of JC.

kova9
05 Feb 06, 13:44
He is really a true gentelmen and honest football player with respect..

Pravesh
06 Feb 06, 04:58
It would be a great news for us, if we convince Toldo to stay with us for few more seasons.:stuckup:

06 Feb 06, 13:14
We will do it Chelski style; they got Chech & Cudicini ; we have JC & Toldo.

Marcello
07 Feb 06, 11:08
yeah thats great news their both 2nd choice for their Country it couldnt get better!

What i got pissed about i dont no if anyone sore the game but Chievo had nothing on our Defences mancini should of put toldo on in that 2nd half:stuckup:

Tommi
07 Feb 06, 11:34
I would be very surprised if Toldo decides to stay.

It basically would mean that he´s happy to be a number two and dont really want to play anymore. Let´s see what happens in the summer, my feeling is that he´ll leave.

snake
07 Feb 06, 11:36
yeah thats great news their both 2nd choice for their Country it couldnt get better!

What i got pissed about i dont no if anyone sore the game but Chievo had nothing on our Defences mancini should of put toldo on in that 2nd half:stuckup:

firtly neither Toldo or Cudicini currently play for Italy. And cech is starting keeper for Czech,

2ndly, u want Mancini to waste a sub of his to put on Toldo in a game where we were only winning 1-0 and at any second could of lost that lead?

lol damn, thank god your not a manager :D

brehme1989
09 Feb 06, 12:34
He meant Toldo and Julio Cesar I think, but Toldo has retired from Italia ;)

I think Toldo should be the first goalie... Julio Cesar has lousy goal kicks, that lead to opposition attacks. He cannot use his size properly. He plays like a 2meter goalie, which is bad coz he usually does not reach the ball and we concede quite easy goals(Palermo twice, Fiorentina twice, Roma once and some other occasions)

Toldo stumbles when he has a silly defence in front of him, coz he needs self-confidence. I think the root of this "problem" is from Trap not using him in Italia after he single-handedly charged Italy to the final... Dunno if anyone agrees, but if in season 2001/2 he was Italia goalie, he'd have more confidence now, since he'd be used at WC and probably had achieved more than at the time worse keeper, Buffon ;) Now Toldo turned into average, but all he needs to become similar to what he used to be is a good solid defence, that doesn't make many flaws, and he will gain confidence :D

FORZA TOLDO :star:

09 Feb 06, 14:11
Cesar's current form may just inspire Toldo to sign that extension ... he will know his nxt chance is just round the corner.

kova9
09 Feb 06, 16:35
I hope he gets in the first team ASAP!!!

Stefan
09 Feb 06, 18:29
Cesar's current form may just inspire Toldo to sign that extension ... he will know his nxt chance is just round the corner.

On what basis ?? Cesar made 1 mistake.

brehme1989
09 Feb 06, 19:44
One mistake...... every game on average :rolleyes:

Stefan
09 Feb 06, 19:49

Off all the games I have seen I only remember him making 1 mistake costing us a goal vs viola no others.:stuckup:

Tanel
09 Feb 06, 20:40
He meant Toldo and Julio Cesar I think, but Toldo has retired from Italia ;)

I think Toldo should be the first goalie... Julio Cesar has lousy goal kicks, that lead to opposition attacks. He cannot use his size properly. He plays like a 2meter goalie, which is bad coz he usually does not reach the ball and we concede quite easy goals(Palermo twice, Fiorentina twice, Roma once and some other occasions)

Toldo stumbles when he has a silly defence in front of him, coz he needs self-confidence. I think the root of this "problem" is from Trap not using him in Italia after he single-handedly charged Italy to the final... Dunno if anyone agrees, but if in season 2001/2 he was Italia goalie, he'd have more confidence now, since he'd be used at WC and probably had achieved more than at the time worse keeper, Buffon ;) Now Toldo turned into average, but all he needs to become similar to what he used to be is a good solid defence, that doesn't make many flaws, and he will gain confidence :D

FORZA TOLDO :star:Didn't we have a shitty defence once he was the shining star!? ;) He had to rescue Inter all the time.

My numero uno! I have saved his name on my brain forever. I love his style, his haircut, he's faces, he's jumps. If I would have to choose my biggest idol in Inter squad, he would be the one.

M.Adnan
09 Feb 06, 23:36
remember Toldo in last two gobbi games he played ( supercup + last season campionato ) .. then you'll know the difference between him and J.Cesar

snake
09 Feb 06, 23:57

righttttttttt.

your way off. Its one bad game, which alot of people are entitled too.

How come no one is screaming drop zanetti!! for his bad game.

minterke
10 Feb 06, 02:28
righttttttttt.

lol low blow but true

catanha
10 Feb 06, 03:15
god......if not Toldo, where the **** is Carini????? Even Carini was better than this gaucho.

Frisko
10 Feb 06, 17:43
righttttttttt.

I know, and by the way Toldone played 2 games in the stupid Coppa Italia and managed to phuck up once as well.

And year right, Cesar is only making mistakes and never doing anything good. Oxygen bandits indeed :joker:

Inter101
10 Feb 06, 21:55
righttttttttt.

zanetti has been doing good since when, while julio cesar is new. Zanetti got a first team spot coz he's good (and he's got no competition:) ) I dont know how cesar got his spot

11 Feb 06, 01:14
itz not one game where he made a mistake, itz one game where he made a mistake and we did not get punished for it.

Remember Lecce?

M.Adnan
11 Feb 06, 12:00
remember stupid gobbi two goals

remember how Totti made us a joke with the goal he scored

when someone talks about that lob and how fool cesar looked like .. I don't know what to say ..

and that Corini freekick ..

and Porto freekick !! how stupid was that !!

Toldo would never accept such goals !!

I can't forget his match against Valencia !! ( three seasons ago )

Handoyo
11 Feb 06, 14:01
Maybe I should do a Moggi and create a dossier of all Toldo's mistakes. :D

Not taking anything away from Toldo but Julio Cesar has been very good this season and what's better is that he has the potential to be better as he gains experience. Replacing an old, seasoned keeper is always a risky idea and his successor will be under the scrutiny of many so I can understand all the heat that Julio Cesar is getting but as far as I'm, and many others, are concerned, we've been very pleased with Julio Cesar this season, although he hasn't been faultless. :)

Hand;)yo

11 Feb 06, 16:45
i think if JC continues to under-perform we shud call up Toldo just to give him a wake-up call ... i do beleive JC is our long term soln to keeper worries

Ari
11 Feb 06, 16:46
Jesus these CesarIsGod man whores..

Ari
12 Feb 06, 06:49
I know, and by the way Toldone played 2 games in the stupid Coppa Italia and managed to phuck up once as well.

And year right, Cesar is only making mistakes and never doing anything good. Oxygen bandits indeed :joker:

I understand when you want Julio Cesar to play. But talking about our legend in this kind of disgraceful way is unacceptable.

snake
12 Feb 06, 08:39
zanetti has been doing good since when, while julio cesar is new. Zanetti got a first team spot coz he's good (and he's got no competition:) ) I dont know how cesar got his spot'

yeh Cesar has done well in most games. I remember the first game against Viola he made th ese 2 great saves from luca toni. One was a reaction save to push over the bar, the other was when we slid and took it from Toni's boots as he tried to dribble him.

Now no one really mentioned that, but then he makes a mistake against Brocchi and everybody cries.

Stefan
12 Feb 06, 08:43
I understand when you want Julio Cesar to play. But talking about our legend in this kind of disgraceful way is unacceptable.

All he was mentioned that fans around here seem to have to different standards one for the players they like like jz and another for cesar.

But I knew this was going to happen. Alot of inter fans are still toldo fans and didn't want him dropped so the moment jc made a mistake they were going to jumpy all over him.

snake
12 Feb 06, 09:09
so the moment jc made a mistake they were going to jump all over him.

poor guys had to wait so long :(

robson ponte
12 Feb 06, 09:22
poor guys had to wait so long :(

:dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Indeed.

Cesar has been great all season long. Now he makes one mistake and suddenly he's rubbish. I don't understand that.

Toldo makes mistakes aswell, and much more often than Cesar.

12 Feb 06, 09:24
Cesar has been great all season long. Now he makes one mistake and suddenly he's rubbish. I don't understand that.

Toldo makes mistakes aswell, and much more often than Cesar.
he has made one mistake for which we have been penalised ... thatz diff from making "one mistake"

robson ponte
12 Feb 06, 09:41
All right it's the Lecce mistake. Maybe the Roma game aswell.

Give me one more of his mistakes.

12 Feb 06, 09:57
Roma and Fiorentina games without his contributions; we wud be 3 or 5 points adrift of Juventus.

Look he has had good games, but a keeper cant afford to have poor games (not even 1)

Frisko
12 Feb 06, 10:24
he has made one mistake for which we have been penalised ... thatz diff from making "one mistake"
LOTS of Inter players have made mistakes for which we have been penalised. Just looking at the Fiorentina game, Adriano didn't pass the ball to Cruz and went on his own. Samuel failed to stop them from scoring the 2nd.

And you're talking about JC's whole season!

M.Adnan
12 Feb 06, 12:23
Cesar isn't doing many mistakes because we have a very strong defence
when it comes to big matches with world-class players .. just look at the silly goals
in the past seasons Toldo had to make -impossible- saves to save the team from losing
if you want a young goalkeeper , why don't you get Casillas ?
you'll say that he costs about 15 millions ? well , Buffon costed gobbi about 30 millions .. and look at them now ! they have the best goalkeepr in the world ..
we used to have best goalkeepers in history .. from Zenga to Pagliuca to Toldo ..
but Cesar ? he's definitly not one of the best 15 in the world

Frisko
12 Feb 06, 12:41
Give me a break, Toldone has made his fair share of mistakes last season, he was even dropped in favour of Fontana. Stop living in denial.

M.Adnan
12 Feb 06, 12:50
I meant the past seasons ( without counting last season ) ;)
last season was a big question mark .. but doing a little bit bad for one season doesn't mean that you should bench a legend like Toldo for ever :(

Ari
12 Feb 06, 15:45
Give me a break, Toldone has made his fair share of mistakes last season, he was even dropped in favour of Fontana. Stop living in denial.

And hell yeah, that tells something about coaching in our club. Just wait Stankovic to be benched after Cesar recovers.

Stefan
12 Feb 06, 16:02
Roma and Fiorentina games without his contributions; we wud be 3 or 5 points adrift of Juventus.

Look he has had good games, but a keeper cant afford to have poor games (not even 1)

What mistake vs roma?? If youre referring to totti's goal that was way more the defence midfielders not close him down than cesar's fault.

2T
12 Feb 06, 16:11
What mistake vs roma?? If youre referring to totti's goal that was way more the defence midfielders not close him down than cesar's fault.

well thats the goalkeeper job isn't it to cover the mistakes done by the defence, this is why buffon in the previous years was rated the best in the world because he let his defence looks unbeatable . but in Cesar case its quit the opposite our defence makes him look good, iam not saying he's bad or anything but we deserve better.

If its up to me I would take frey back instead of seeing him join milan in the summer

12 Feb 06, 16:11
LOTS of Inter players have made mistakes for which we have been penalised. Just looking at the Fiorentina game, Adriano didn't pass the ball to Cruz and went on his own. Samuel failed to stop them from scoring the 2nd.

And you're talking about JC's whole season!
Most of us here want JC as our 1st choice or Toldo to come back. Lets not rule out the 3rd option -->> finding a top-class keeper if JC does not build on his impressive start.

Gr8 keepers seldom make mistakes ... and big clubs cant afford otherwise.

Stefan
12 Feb 06, 16:43
well thats the goalkeeper job isn't it to cover the mistakes done by the defence, this is why buffon in the previous years was rated the best in the world because he let his defence looks unbeatable . but in Cesar case its quit the opposite our defence makes him look good, iam not saying he's bad or anything but we deserve better.

If its up to me I would take frey back instead of seeing him join milan in the summer

I would rather take jc than that rat that dissed inter plus conceded 6 goals in a milan derby and was smilling while doing it.

I don't want to see le rat anywhere near inter.

Stefan
12 Feb 06, 16:44

How was he suppose to cover the defence in that instance??

Ari
12 Feb 06, 20:28
We can continue with this topic. Again, no mistakes that lost game for us, but there's no hope in this world that he could win those to us. Toldo could have taken that..

Jake
12 Feb 06, 20:53
We can continue with this topic. Again, no mistakes that lost game for us, but there's no hope in this world that he could win those to us. Toldo could have taken that..

At least Toldo could've scored from a corner in the dying minutes.

snake
12 Feb 06, 21:25
At least Toldo could've scored from a corner in the dying minutes.

lol nop. he needs martix and vieri next to him to do that ;) and also a fair referee like collina

M.Adnan
13 Feb 06, 00:27
I repeat .. we are not Lazio or Livorno !!!

we don't have time to wait until Mr.Cesar gains some experience and be 50% as Toldo !!

I want Toldo even if in his worst times ..

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7747/39351924henryinter20324vo.jpg

minterke
13 Feb 06, 00:38
I repeat .. we are not Lazio or Livorno !!!

we don't have time to wait until Mr.Cesar gains some experience and be 50% as Toldo !!

I want Toldo even if in his worst times ..

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7747/39351924henryinter20324vo.jpg

I agree with you Adnan. Someone make a poll with these options:

Field Toldo
Field Cesar
Get new keeper

Ari
13 Feb 06, 06:06
http://www.inter.it/media/jpg/Part-3377-21715.jpg

We need somebody to wake up us if we're dreaming in the field. And if that doesn't work. To take us to the CL semi's by his own.

M.Adnan
13 Feb 06, 10:06
I agree mike .. we should make a poll

and BTW .. why didn't Bayern Munich ( and Germany ) bench Kahn after he had many many many many deadful mistakes ??

because they know that he's a legend that gave them alot

I think we had enough .. we tryed Cesar in Serie A and we failed

why don't we give Toldo a chance in CL and see how he is ?

or .. just dream about coppa italia because Roma are still there

13 Feb 06, 16:04
Bayern can afford to have Kahn and concede silly goals, coz there is no one in sight who can challenge them in Germany.

Hammoudi
13 Feb 06, 16:15
why didn't Bayern Munich ( and Germany ) bench Kahn after he had many many many many deadful mistakes ??

because they know that he's a legend that gave them alot

Because they don't have any alternatives. Lehman in his best is like Kahn at his worse. Also, Hildenbrandt doesn't have enough international experience, which is a shame, since he is a good GK.

Also, it's a crime to compare Toldo and Kahn. Kahn did so much that his reputation can save him in bad times.

Enricos
20 Feb 06, 17:28
MILAN - F.C. Internazionale and Francesco Toldo (http://www.inter.it/aas/squadra/player1?codgioc=G0724&L=en&stagione=2005/06) have reached an agreement to extend the goalkeeper's contract with the club. Toldo (http://www.inter.it/aas/squadra/player1?codgioc=G0724&L=en&stagione=2005/06) has signed a three-year deal, which expires on 30 June 2009.

Very nice

Forza Toldo :star::star:

Forza ragazzi
20 Feb 06, 17:29
Toldo has extended with us today, until 2009. What a commitment. Forza Toldo!

Jimmy
20 Feb 06, 17:31
Surprising to say the least. I really didn't think Toldo would extend after being demoted to second keeper.

Stefan
20 Feb 06, 18:10
Very surprising.

alvaro
20 Feb 06, 18:17
Now THIS is nice! :cry:

Gaetan
20 Feb 06, 18:21
Great news. I like the loyalty being showed by our management in the signings of Toldo & Cruz.

K.I.
20 Feb 06, 18:57
wow,i also didnt think he would extend,i guess he also accepts his role and also sees that inter still respect him,well anyways its a luxury that we have 2 great goalkeepers with us,but i still think j.cesar is better than toldo,anyways an extension that is a good move but it wouldnt have made much differance if he had left,i would have liked and i still like to see C.zanetti and recoba extend their contracts.

M.Adnan
20 Feb 06, 19:36
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/2887/20000630toldoparailrigoredifra.jpg
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/6938/toldo8jx.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/6531/toldo26jd.jpg
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/1429/francescotoldo9nn.jpg

CafeCordoba
20 Feb 06, 20:00
Hope Toldo will now really fight for the 1st goalie place and Mancini will give him a chance also.

Hammoudi
20 Feb 06, 20:33
Very surprising and very pleasing, best news to come out of Inter for a while.

Khalifa
20 Feb 06, 20:40
We have toldo and put a beginner goal keeper.I hope Toldo works his ass off and make a blindman see the light again.

snake
21 Feb 06, 02:06
excellent Toldo!

http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/6938/toldo8jx.jpg

lol thats an awesome pic.

props to our management for dealing with cruz and toldo:

Marcello
21 Feb 06, 03:14
TOLDO WITH INTER UNTIL 2009

Monday, 20 February 2006 19:22:31
MILAN - F.C. Internazionale and Francesco Toldo (http://www.inter.it/aas/squadra/player1?codgioc=G0724&L=en&stagione=2005/06) have reached an agreement to extend the goalkeeper's contract with the club. Toldo (http://www.inter.it/aas/squadra/player1?codgioc=G0724&L=en&stagione=2005/06) has signed a three-year deal, which expires on 30 June 2009.
-------------------------
**** YEAH!! That is so good to know!!
That is Loyalty to the club...I cant explain how happy i am that he extended his contract!!:):)

FORZA TOLDO

snake
21 Feb 06, 03:15
lol we've been talking about that sicne yesterday marcello, nothin new ;)

Marcello
21 Feb 06, 03:16
lol we've been talking about that sicne yesterday marcello, nothin new ;)

Yesterday are you serouise! :wth: man im late dint see it on inter.it :( WOOHO TOLDO:D :D :joker:

Waleed
21 Feb 06, 04:34
Toldo extending was the best thing that happened today in the Inter camp. Although the Cruz deal wasnt too bead either.

Hopefully now JC and Toldo can learn from each other with one helping the other rather than out right compeition with each man hating the other. Toldo can teach JC to become a better goalie. If only he can teach him how Toldo does his thing on FKs and crosses JC will become one of the best in the world. Mark my words, as Dida continues to bomb JC will be Brazil's #1 man.

J zanetti
21 Feb 06, 07:50
Good news - its always good to have 2 quality keeper within the squad. Also the fact that we need more quality Italians. So all in all, a good decision from all parties :)

Tanel
21 Feb 06, 12:59
wow,i also didnt think he would extend,i guess he also accepts his role and also sees that inter still respect him,well anyways its a luxury that we have 2 great goalkeepers with us,but i still think j.cesar is better than toldo,anyways an extension that is a good move but it wouldnt have made much differance if he had left,i would have liked and i still like to see C.zanetti and recoba extend their contracts.
What has he done to say he's better than Toldo!? Can't find anything actually. I trust Toldo, but I didn't feel secure with Cesar. Anyway, it's your thinking...

K.I.
22 Feb 06, 02:05
i have seen alot of matches for inter with toldo and i have seen most watches cesar has played with inter and i also saw him in the copa america.

Cesar has better reflexes BY FAR,and i really just feel secure with him more than toldo,damn i mean toldo has made some many mistakes that coset us points last year,i mean even mancini played fontana for a while.

Cesar is 25 years old,he cost us nothing and this is his debut year for us,he has by far surprassed my expectations,he has only made like what,2,3 mistakes in both the CL and scudetto which he played all the matches in except 1 match,all players make mistakes,and you have to take into account that inter is one of the toughest places a player can play in,there is SOO much pressure,i remeber even when silvestere was here,he couldnt take the pressure and he was subbed because he was so nervous that he was shaking(i heard that somewhere,i think its true)

You Have To also take into account that the mistakes he made werent really costly to us,its the fact that our strikers havent scored as they are supposed to is the thing that cost us points,not julio cesar's 2 or 3 mistakes in all the matches he has played in.

Khalifa
22 Feb 06, 03:10
Khaled..

Every goalie in the world goes through a serious serious slump that doesnt end in a short span of time. Recall any great goalie in the world and u will remember the mistakes they created, consider that. I vote toldo anyday over cesar, jus because Toldo has experience in his pockets.

Really? Your telling me the goals roma and juventus scored on us werent vital goals? The roma game is when we really start slipping behind and the goals in the first leg with juvy is when we got knocked all the way back. [/QUOTE]

K.I.
22 Feb 06, 03:13
who was the goals in the juve match cesar fault?one was a cross and cordoba failed his marker and one was a foul which shouldnt have been give,in the roma match maybe cesar was standing abit out of line but i watched the goal alot of times,our defenders kept going back and kept leaving him space to advance instead of go forward and get the ball.

Khalifa
22 Feb 06, 03:17
who was the goals in the juve match cesar fault?one was a cross and cordoba failed his marker and one was a foul which shouldnt have been give,in the roma match maybe cesar was standing abit out of line but i watched the goal alot of times,our defenders kept going back and kept leaving him space to advance instead of go forward and get the ball.

Im talking about the goal montella scored on us. When all he had to do was spring out an inch n get a hand on the ball to intercept the pass, jus like with the juventus game. He should have been aware of whos going on, why stay in your line when your ball is in way into the box, goal keepers do in corners and he should intervened.

But i was talking about that, i was talking about the free kicks, the guy has shit positioning. He doesnt command the line and doesnt jump enough even, in free kicks that is.

K.I.
22 Feb 06, 03:33
ok the cross in the juve match is way diiferent than the cross in the juve match,in the juve match the cross was swinging and was also a fast cross,and actually cordoba lost his marker,in the cross in the roma match,it may be also partially cesar's fault but still ALSO samuel lost his marker.

Khalifa
22 Feb 06, 03:38
The damage is done anyways, i was always happy with Toldo and all i thought was that he needs some good games to regain his confidence.

Tanel
22 Feb 06, 18:14
Cesar has better reflexes BY FAR,and i really just feel secure with him more than toldo,damn i mean toldo has made some many mistakes that coset us points last year,i mean even mancini played fontana for a while. By far. Give me a ****ing break. There is one thing that makes the comparision of those guys reflexes are penalty kicks. Toldo goes for reaction, but Cesar goes where the wind blows him. That's enough for me. And about Cesar's reaction. 3 or 4 saves in one season. Awesome! Toldo, 4 awesome saves in one match. Shit reaction! I can't understand how you'd feel more secure with Cesar. Just look how he goes for those damn crosses. He looks like he is afraid that he's gonna drop the ball. And looks very tight. And when he once loses the control in the game, he'll never gonna get it back.

Cesar is 25 years old,he cost us nothing and this is his debut year for us,he has by far surprassed my expectations,he has only made like what,2,3 mistakes in both the CL and scudetto which he played all the matches in except 1 match,all players make mistakes,and you have to take into account that inter is one of the toughest places a player can play in,there is SOO much pressure,i remeber even when silvestere was here,he couldnt take the pressure and he was subbed because he was so nervous that he was shaking(i heard that somewhere,i think its true)

Inter is hard place to play when you make it hard in the first games. You make decent performances week-in week-out they won't put pressure on you unless you're Adriano or a GK. But now, Inter had pressure on him, Cesar started to commit mistakes. That tells he's not ready for big club! And the fact he has surpassed everyone's expectations doesen't mean he should play. And how many games has he really won for Inter? He has to touch a shot 3-4 times usually. While Toldo had to work his socks off, clearing for the defenders mistakes. He is confident, he doesen't doubt when he goes out. Cesar wil become like Toldo one day (if everything goes well), but not yet he's ready.

You can say that most of the goals conceeded weren't direct mistakes of his, but Toldo managed to organize defence much better. He shouted all the time, he's hands were barely down in the game.

Stefan
22 Feb 06, 18:18
toldo wasn't exactaly brilliant on crosses last season either.;)

Tanel
22 Feb 06, 18:21
toldo wasn't exactaly brilliant on crosses last season either.;)
Yes, he wasn't very good, but my point is that Toldo has much more confidence in his moves, and that's very important.

snake
22 Feb 06, 21:03
When your keeper starts to go gray, you know its time to at least contemplate who will take over for the future

Inter101
22 Feb 06, 22:35
Cesar gives me heartaches, Toldo the opposite. accept the fcukin' fact that cesar is shit.

Either we use Toldo or we BUY a keeper. Not some second hand sh!t just coz he's brazilian and for free.

snake
22 Feb 06, 22:54
cesar isnt shit, far from 'shit'.

Alot of people want whats best for inter, but theres no many people here that want whats best for Toldo and playing him for the sake of it

Opeum
23 Feb 06, 03:19
cesar is good.very good but he still need to learn...in the match againts ajax, it isnt toldo's fault..more to burdisso..the's playing our of pistion and during ajax 2nd goal, he supposed to mark the player that scored or prevent him..but he didn't he lack of concecration and just watch the ball.he was like in a dream land until he saw the player coming.but it was all too late..ajax scored. ajax 1st goal was more to the defenders lack of concecration..it's like they are waiting for others or goalkeeper to get the ball while at that time they should clear the ball...

Tanel
23 Feb 06, 07:08
Cesar is decent, he's great shining in the first half was just a good form like our last games have showed with him in goal.

23 Feb 06, 08:36
Cesar is good. Toldo of 2006 is also good.

But none of them r gr8. And itz a fact.

davidRecoba
26 Feb 06, 15:19
nice to see Toldo plays last matches. I hope he will be trusted for a long time (but i dont think that will happen since the reason Toldo playing is JC got injury)

J zanetti
15 Mar 06, 08:14
Funny how Mancini is playing this mind game with our keepers. I think they are both equally good – obviously Cesar is lacking the experience that Toldone has, but you cant really blame the guy for it. Anyhow, the point being is that I think Mancini should have a clear # 1. I don’t think what he does is suitable for any of our keepers. When you look around all the big clubs have a clear #1 and they stick to him. Sure, Cesar got injured and Toldone took his chances and is now playing very well. Yet, it must be very frustrating for Cesar not knowing Mancini’s reasoning for benching although he now is fit. I believe for next season he should pick one of them and stick to him.

Hammoudi
15 Mar 06, 08:17
Great post JZ. I agree 100%, a GK controversey is the last thing we need.

So after seeing that J Cesar is fit again, I am assuming that he will be second to Toldo now.

catanha
15 Mar 06, 08:19
Mancini has to stop with these mind games, I'm pretty sure that they're not intentional, but it won't do any good to Cesar or Toldo. He should just pick one of them as the #1, and let it be for the remainder of the season.

It was this exact thing which infuriated Fontana last season, here we had a pensioner who would never get a game @ Inter, all of the sudden he is starting to get picked ahead of the once mighty Toldo, then he gets dropped, but surely Fontana should name a son after Mancini for giving him a go, a game in a Milan derby etc, but the mind games Mancini played ticket off Fontana, with good reason. That shows, it doesn't matter if you're the 3rd keeper or whatever, this kind of stuff only infuriates players.

InterMilan31
15 Mar 06, 09:04
pick Toldo as 1....Cesar can start the CI matches

Gaetan
15 Mar 06, 12:08
Mancini has to stop with these mind games, I'm pretty sure that they're not intentional, but it won't do any good to Cesar or Toldo. He should just pick one of them as the #1, and let it be for the remainder of the season.

This season, he actually isn't doing it on purpose or using mind games, IMO.

Julio Cesar is sincerely a very talented GK. In fact, I think Brazil at many times find themselves wondering if he should be the starter in the upcoming World Cup because Calamity Dida has returned. That being said, he has huge holes in his game in terms of set pieces and is too inconsistent. That's when Toldo comes in.

Choppin Onions
15 Mar 06, 19:17
Toldone has been superb the last couple games. I think he's won back the starting position to be honest. That save against Doria from the FK right outside the box was incredible. I can't imagine he even saw the ball until the very last moment! :star:

K.I.
15 Mar 06, 20:42
I think Mancini should pick Cesar to be no.1,its not that good to keep switching keepers.

Inter101
15 Mar 06, 21:15
Julio c. #1? No way! we should stick with Toldo or get a new keeper.

M.Adnan
15 Mar 06, 22:35
Toldone .. il numero uno

cool_cuchu
15 Mar 06, 22:37
I am very happy that ToldOne is back.... it is a sign that management decision to continue his contract is reasonable...

but I still think cesar is pretty good, and if they can stay happy with us... let's keep them both..

minterke
15 Mar 06, 22:40
I have confidence in Toldo and he is still one of the best keepers in Serie A. As long as Toldo can keep this form we don't have to sign a new keeper.

snake
16 Mar 06, 00:05
Theres no mind games, dunno where that came from. Julio got injured, Toldo stepped in and has looked alot better then he did last season.

Im not saying because of the defence in front of him. Im saying of him collecting balls, coming out etc... His much more confident. I dont care whos name is in our goal as long as its the best possible choice. And for now its Toldo, so forza Francesco!

bjwam4
16 Mar 06, 01:41
Forza Toldone!! I've been really impressed by his recent performances. He seems so confident with the ball. I say keep him in goal till the end of the season.

Tanel
20 Mar 06, 18:41
I don't like to say that, but I told you that he is our no. 1 few weeks back. ;)

Jimmy
20 Mar 06, 20:38
I think our players in general are more confident with Toldo on the pitch. You can see this on set-pieces especially. Every freekick with Julio Cesar involved meant a heart-attack and a goal could be scored anytime.

Toldo could teach Julio Cesar to have enough charisma on such situations though.

Hammoudi
20 Mar 06, 22:21
Not knocking J Cesar down, but Toldo can also teach him how to try and save a PK.

I sometimes can't believe it when he is 100% static on PK's. I guess he has a problem with dead-balls (FK's and PK's, he is better at Corners than Toldo.)

I just hope that this will be a transitional thing, and that we don't get rid of Cesar for Ronaldo's emotions!

Gaetan
21 Mar 06, 00:35
I think our players in general are more confident with Toldo on the pitch. You can see this on set-pieces especially. Every freekick with Julio Cesar involved meant a heart-attack and a goal could be scored anytime.

Post of this thread. :star:

Even as a fan, you just know that Toldo isn't as prone to making mistakes when our opponents are set for a set piece. Just feels so comfortable to have a great keeper like Toldo. As old as he is, he has definately proven that he is a notch on top of Julio Cesar.

Hammoudi
21 Mar 06, 00:44
Still, Toldo isn't good at dealing with crosses and corner-kicks.

davidRecoba
21 Mar 06, 04:58
What JCesar should to is to make Toldo injury so he can be below the post again. hahah
Happy to see Toldo doing well. I hope he continue as our 1st GK.

21 Mar 06, 06:58
healthy competition is always gr8 for everyone, if JC has to get back into the team he has to earn it.

personally i dont feel there is much to choose between JC and the current Toldo of 2006. Face it guys, he is no longer the same keeper he was in 2000-2001.

They r 2 very good keepers, but currently i wont call either excellent keepers.

Tanel
23 Mar 06, 14:58
Cesar is still nowhere near the Toldo of 2006 in my opinion. He was just a GK in good form. Fontona looked in good form in his matches last season too, but wasn't anything special. Cesar wouldn't be anything when he'd be Italian and started of in Italy, but in South-America & Brazil, he's promising GK. He's here to be Toldo's back-up and "schoolboy", but he's never going to reach Toldo's level. He will improve on confidence and experience, but I don't see his skills getting better.

No disrespect towards anyones opinion, but I can't see no reason, why Julio should be choosen before Toldo. I didn't see the reason even when Julio was in good form. The few months of the start of 2004/2005 season are over people!

M.Adnan
26 Mar 06, 18:36
Cesar is still nowhere near the Toldo of 2006 in my opinion. He was just a GK in good form. Fontona looked in good form in his matches last season too, but wasn't anything special. Cesar wouldn't be anything when he'd be Italian and started of in Italy, but in South-America & Brazil, he's promising GK. He's here to be Toldo's back-up and "schoolboy", but he's never going to reach Toldo's level. He will improve on confidence and experience, but I don't see his skills getting better.

No disrespect towards anyones opinion, but I can't see no reason, why Julio should be choosen before Toldo. I didn't see the reason even when Julio was in good form. The few months of the start of 2004/2005 season are over people!

Yes Tanel , your opinions about Cesar-Toldo , I always agree on them .

Some people just ignore the fact that Freekicks are very dangerous in recent football . A good freekicker can end the match in 2 seconds .

As for a team that want to win the Italian league ( not the dutch league ) and to win the UEFA Champions League ( not coppa uefa ) , this team should have a goalkeeper that is atleast one of the best 10 goalkeepers in the world , a goalkeeper can ATLEAST save a good freekick , NOT conceding 5 or 6 freekicks in less than one season , specialy when 2 of those freekicks were scored by Juve ( your league leaders ) .

Let me remember how many freekicks were scored on Toldo , umm .. from what I remember , Totti is the only one I saw him scoring on Toldo from a freekick . I don't remember any freekicks scored on Toldo by Juve ar Milan . Unless when Toldo was in Fiorentina ..

One freekick in his whole career with Inter ( as I remmeber ) /// 5 freekicks atleast , in just few months .

Wy do I say freekicks ? Because , usualy , ONLY the goalkeeper is responsible for conceding a goal from a freekick .

Toldo played his games in Coppa Italia , and made only one mistake I guess ( and not a clear one ) . But when I saw J.Cesar in coppa Italia ( Udinese ) , I thought I was watching Valdez .

J.Cesar made me fear from any powerful long range shot , I always imagine him dropping the ball from his hands , and someone comes on and scores it . Watching Toldo makes feel that there is a huge mountain covering us , and nothing can go through him . Unless if our defenders do their silly mistakes .

Sorry J.Cesar lovers , but this is what I think about him . J.Cesar will take 100 years of training , to show us the same , impossible , saves that Toldo showed in Matches like [Inter-Valencia] [ Juve-Inter Supercup + last season 1-0 ] [ Holland - Italy Euro 2000 ] [Benfica-Inter] and list goes on . Even if Toldo's "consistency" isn't the same two seasons ago , he is still better than Dida , Valdez , Kahn , V.D.Sar .. , maybe Toldo doesn't now have the best "consistency" as his haters say , but he has the best goalkeepeing abilities in the world , and no one in history can save as much penalties as he saved . And no one will ever do ..

Toldo is a legend not only in Inter's history , in the European history . And I don't know why L'Azzurri coaches like Buffon more than Toldone .

Wallace
26 Mar 06, 18:39
Some people just ignore the fact that Freekicks are very danger in the recent football . A good freekicker can end the match in 2 seconds .

Not to mention we lose to Juve twice because of dead ball situations. J.Cesar just wasn't good enough to deal with them, not at the moment.

Tanel
26 Mar 06, 19:45
Sorry J.Cesar lovers , but this is what I think about him . J.Cesar will take 100 years of training , to show us the same , impossible , saves that Toldo showed in Matches like [Inter-Valencia] [ Juve-Inter Supercup + last season 1-0 ] [ Holland - Italy Euro 2000 ] [Benfica-Inter] and list goes on . Even if Toldo's "consistency" isn't the same two seasons ago , he is still better than Dida , Valdez , Kahn , V.D.Sar .. , maybe Toldo doesn't now have the best "consistency" as his haters say , but he has the best goalkeepeing abilities in the world , and no one in history can save as much penalties as he saved . And no one will ever do ..

Toldo is a legend not only in Inter's history , in the European history . And I don't know why L'Azzurri coaches like Buffon more than Toldone . He hasn't got THE best goalkeeping abilities in the world, but he's right up there. But about penalty saving. VDS (Van der Sar) is unbeattable at that I guess. As much as I remember him from Fulham days, he was brilliant and he's done it for Holland a lot.

Anyway, if anybody could be our big star in remaining CL season except Adriano, then it is Toldo. And I surely hope he helps Inter to write it's name down on history books once again with his name first in starting line-up. :)

M.Adnan
26 Mar 06, 21:09
Sure he will , specialy when the players ( including Mancini ) sleep again infront of Villareal , just like they did against Parma . But we were also unlucky with the sudden super saves from Bucci , and Wome's fault .

If you take a look at Toldo during Simplicio's goal , you'll realize that Toldone almost saved that goal ! too bad it was a very close range shot ..

bjwam4
27 Mar 06, 01:20
I just wanna say that I'm really impressed with Toldo's recent performances. 4 months ago I would have preffered JC, but now I'm really glad we have Toldo back.

Forza Toldone!

Crap double post.

snake
27 Mar 06, 03:53
Um Adnan what is this crap abotu J.C. Lovers?

I mean seriously lol, unlike u who obviousyl is very biased towards Toldo the people who were supproting JC were doing that cause he was playign well and we wanted the best fori nter. Now with Toldo in such good form we are very hapyp with that as its good for inter.

So please, stop trying to seperate or categorize the fans ;)

Karim
27 Mar 06, 18:31
Ever since Toldo played again after JC injured himself and I have been more confident of our goal being hit less times and in the Parma match, Toldo crowned his efforts for the season, the commentator (in Egypt) seemed to forget that Toldo announced international retirement and DEMANDED Lippi to take Toldo with Buffona in the next WC!!!

davidRecoba
29 Mar 06, 20:42
I think Toldo has said that if he is called to WC, he will go..

Tanel
30 Mar 06, 11:33
Um Adnan what is this crap abotu J.C. Lovers?

I mean seriously lol, unlike u who obviousyl is very biased towards Toldo the people who were supproting JC were doing that cause he was playign well and we wanted the best fori nter. Now with Toldo in such good form we are very hapyp with that as its good for inter.

So please, stop trying to seperate or categorize the fans ;)I still know some people who are biased toward JC.

30 Mar 06, 11:49
I think Toldo has said that if he is called to WC, he will go..
dont think he will be ... Lippi has got decent keepers as backup to Buffon and Toldo to the Azzurri is not like Zidane or Thuram to the Les Blues.

Tanel
30 Mar 06, 19:27
dont think he will be ... Lippi has got decent keepers as backup to Buffon and Toldo to the Azzurri is not like Zidane or Thuram to the Les Blues.
I surely imagine Amelia or De Santis standing in Italy goal... I seriously don't like that idea atm... But I believe Lippi may call him up for some friendly soon. :)

31 Mar 06, 01:27
Buffon, De Sanctis, Peruzzi for the WC --->>> unless any of them get injured

M.Adnan
31 Mar 06, 09:38
I think that Lippi will call : Buffon + De Santis + Toldo .

Although , Lippi had Peruzzi instead of Pagliuca when he was in Inter . I'm not sure if it was his choice ..

Tanel
31 Mar 06, 11:46
I belive Lippi is Peruzzi's fanboy yes, but he hasn't been called up lately. Amelia, De Santis, Buffon/Abbiati

Durai
31 Mar 06, 19:16
True about Peruzzi's, Lippi has always had a soft spot for him, but lately he's come to his senses

Durai
03 Apr 06, 19:06
how much does toldo earn?

Marcello
04 Apr 06, 11:18
how much does toldo earn?

Not sure must be on a good wage as after staying with us after that blow with inter late last year

Karim
05 Apr 06, 13:34
What blow?

Durai
05 Apr 06, 13:37
if it wasn't for toldo villarreal would have scored more goals, villarreal had about 24 shots on target.

cozzi
05 Apr 06, 13:41
if it wasn't for toldo villarreal would have scored more goals, villarreal had about 24 shots on target.

Yeah and his save from Riquelmes shot by the side of the box was phenomenal

Durai
05 Apr 06, 13:42
yeah and to think mancini wanted to swap him for bojinov in the january transfer window.

Karim
05 Apr 06, 15:18
Get Bojinov, and keep Toldo.

Put this in your mind and imagine, all the shots Toldo made from Riquelme and that other guy.
Then imagine this: JULIO CESAR IN GOAL!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!
Now that would have been a NIGHTMARE!

:dazed::dazed::dazed::dazed::dazed::dazed::dazed:

Durai
05 Apr 06, 15:23
Get Bojinov, and keep Toldo.

Put this in your mind and imagine, all the shots Toldo made from Riquelme and that other guy.
Then imagine this: JULIO CESAR IN GOAL!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!
Now that would have been a NIGHTMARE!

:dazed::dazed::dazed::dazed::dazed::dazed::dazed:

julio cesar isn't good enough, mancini hoped he would push toldo out this season it didn't work.

05 Apr 06, 16:21
hoped?

why wud he hope so?

Durai
05 Apr 06, 16:23
hoped?

why wud he hope so?

he hates toldo, he wanted him out so bought in julio cesar but long live toldo he prevailed.

05 Apr 06, 16:24
and why does he hate Toldo ?

Durai
05 Apr 06, 16:28
and why does he hate Toldo ?

he wants him out the bloody team, can't you get that through your head,

Durai
05 Apr 06, 16:29
can't you will the rift between toldo and mancini, the negative vibes maybe you don't properly understand what mancini is saying about toldo.

05 Apr 06, 16:35
he wants him out the bloody team, can't you get that through your head,
but why? its not as if JC used to play at Lazio ...

05 Apr 06, 16:35
can't you will the rift between toldo and mancini, the negative vibes maybe you don't properly understand what mancini is saying about toldo.
tell me why?

Durai
05 Apr 06, 16:36
but why? its not as if JC used to play at Lazio ...

forget about it you won't understand.

05 Apr 06, 16:49
or is it that u dont know urself?

just taking advantage of the anti-Mancini air going rond to accuse him of something false?

Durai
05 Apr 06, 16:50
or is it that u dont know urself?

just taking advantage of the anti-Mancini air going rond to accuse him of something false?

yeah it's sort of that, i am just trying to make mancini the scapegoat for everything, but it is his fault for everythings the way it is.

05 Apr 06, 16:52
yeah it's sort of that, i am just trying to make mancini the scapegoat for everything, but it is his fault for everythings the way it is.
excellent. so u r instigating a crusade against Mancini?

Durai
05 Apr 06, 16:54
excellent. so u r instigating a crusade against Mancini?

yeah i am, every inter fan should join this crusade.

Karim
05 Apr 06, 22:57
Ease dowm guys,
I don't think that Mancini wanted Toldo out, I think IMancini when JC came though that because he had a good showing in the Coppa America and was younger than Toldo, then that was enough to give JC priority in the squad line up. But that proved to be a great fault!

M.Adnan
05 Apr 06, 23:09
Ease dowm guys,
I don't think that Mancini wanted Toldo out, I think IMancini when JC came though that because he had a good showing in the Coppa America and was younger than Toldo, then that was enough to give JC priority in the squad line up. But that proved to be a great fault!

I think Mancini thougth that J.C has Casillas's style . But as you said , he was wrong as usual in judging the players .

Alex de Large
05 Apr 06, 23:55
No, the team was waiting Toldo for extend his contract with Inter, he can't be starter if he ends contract....

FORZA TOLDONE. The new Pagliuca.

cozzi
05 Apr 06, 23:58
No, the team was waiting Toldo for extend his contract with Inter, he can't be starter if he ends contract....

FORZA TOLDONE. The new Pagliuca.
So has Toldo been given a new deal?

Alex de Large
06 Apr 06, 00:13
Yes, until 2008 or 2009 i don't remember exactly.

cozzi
06 Apr 06, 00:15
Yeah that sounds like a good deal to me. Toldos performance against Villareal was brilliant and its a good decision to put him in between the sticks again

06 Apr 06, 04:20
Yes, until 2008 or 2009 i don't remember exactly.

btw, didnt u guys enjoy Durai's posts where he confessed he does not know anything bout what he is writing ... he only wants to motivate the fans against Mancini.

Karim
06 Apr 06, 07:48
Well he does want to do a good deed, but using wrong methods!!
I am in for a "revolution" against Mancini because the team is not competing at all except may be second place.

Waleed
06 Apr 06, 14:31
btw, didnt u guys enjoy Durai's posts where he confessed he does not know anything bout what he is writing ... he only wants to motivate the fans against Mancini.

Yah I also enjoyed it but then again did we really need written confirmation to make such a simple assumption? ;)

Durai
06 Apr 06, 22:23
Yah I also enjoyed it but then again did we really need written confirmation to make such a simple assumption? ;)

your a real candian comedian like jim carey.

Karim
13 Jul 06, 05:51
http://www2.raisport.rai.it/news/rubriche/cmercato/200106/30/3b3ddd22020d9/toldo.jpg

Nothing to do with anything, except I find this really funny :lol:

Waleed
15 Jul 06, 12:20
Looks like he wants to bite rui costa's nose off in that one! :lol:

Tanel
21 Jul 06, 09:15
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6x8TyimFOTk&search=Francesco%20Toldo

Anyone translate please? That's another one of those comparision videos I guess. :)

Alex de Large
21 Jul 06, 23:57
yeah, what does exactly toldo says about inter fans?

Tanel
22 Jul 06, 07:16
I think there was only one thing I understood.

Scudetto or World Cup?
Toldo: "Scudetto" :proud:

He's getting it after all the suffer he has gone through his career. Such great player deserves the damn thing more than most of the players in Inter. Only JZ has earned it more of our players I believe. :proud:

Thank god he didn't went to Fiorentina. He said to a guy who met him on training ground that he almost returned.

i4tiger
26 Aug 06, 13:19
We have seen the great Told in European Cup before. But now Told is old and his salary is a little high for the 34-year-old. For the 2008 Great Inter we will buy Buffen!

PS: I come from China. I am glad to see the Inter fans from the world.

Tanel
26 Aug 06, 13:22
We have seen the great Told in European Cup before. But now Told is old and his salary is a little high for the 34-year-old. For the 2008 Great Inter we will buy Buffen!

PS: I come from China. I am glad to see the Inter fans from the world.With goalkeepers age rarely matters, often when they reach thirties they get even better. Goalkeepers have gone at top level until they've reached 40 even. So I don't see any problem with his age.

joez
26 Aug 06, 13:38
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6x8TyimFOTk&search=Francesco%20Toldo

Anyone translate please? That's another one of those comparision videos I guess. :)

http://buffononline.com/leiene1.php

i was just gonna give the link, but because it was less than 75 characters, here's the full thing lol

English version Italian version
Name: Nome?
Gianluigi Gianluigi
Francesco Francesco

Surname: Cognome?
Buffon Buffon
Toldo Toldo

Nickname: Soprannome?
T: I wouldn’t like to say T: Non li voglio dire
B: Gigio B: Gigio

Profession: Professione ?
T: Playing football T: Gioco a calcio
B: Footballer B: Calciatore

Height: Altezza ?
T: 1.96 T: 1.96
B: 1.91 B: 1.91

Shoe size: Misura delle scarpe ?
B: 45 B : 45
T: 47.5 T : 47 e 1/2

T: 30 T: 30
B: 24 B: 24 circa

Show your hand Mostrami le mani

What do your fans sing to you (at the stadium)? Il coro che ti fanno i tuoi tifosi
Ale buffon ale ale ale buffon ale Ale buffon ale ale ale buffon ale
Francesco Toldo Francesco Toldo

What do the fans of the opposite team sing? Il coro che ti fanno i tifosi avversari
T: In what city? T: In che città ?
B: Buffon’s mom is a pig B: La mamma di Buffon è una maiala

Ever been with more than one woman at the same time? Mai stato con più donne contemporaneamente?
B: Always one and only B: Sempre e solo una
T: Never T: Mai

The most beautiful woman in the world? La donna più bella del mondo?
B: My girlfrien B: La mia ragazza
T: My wife T: Mia moglie

Give a shout Fai un urlo
B&T: Ahh B e T: Ahh

Ever participated at a demonstration parade ? (here) Mai partecipato ad un corteo ?
B: Yes B : Si
T: Never T : Mai

3 adjectives to describe Toldo? 3 aggettivi per descrivere toldo
T: calm, likeable and don’t know T: tranquillo simpatico e non lo so
B: high, bravo, likeable B: alto bravo simpatico

3 adjectives to describe Buffon? 3 aggettivi per descrivere buffon
B: high, dark-haired and blue eyes B: alto moro e occhi azzurri
T: bravo, high and don’t know T: bravo alto e non lo so

Are you competitive? sei competitivo
B: On the whole – no B: in linea di massima no
T: Always T: sempre

The match you like to recall most? la partita che ricordi più volentieri
T: Fiorentina – Arsenal T: fiorentina – arsenal
B: Parma – Milan B: parma - milan

The match you wouln’t recall? la partita che ricordi meno volentieri
T: Lazio – Fiorentina T: lazio - fiorentina
B: England – Italy B: inghilterra- italia

Tits or butt? tette o culo ?
T: Both T: entrambi
B: Butt B: culo

Qualification obtained? titolo di studio ?
T: Specialist in commerce T: professionale per il commercio
B: Accountant B: diploma ragioneria

Radio programme? trasmissione preferita
B: Sottovoce B: Sottovoce
T: Quark T: Quark

Nesta or Totti? nesta o totti ?
T: Both T: entrambi
B: Totti B: totti

Number of goals missed during career? numero di goal subiti in carriera?
T: Many, many and many T: Tanti tanti e tanti
B: Such a number B: Una cifra

A book: Un libro
T: The city of joy T: La città della gioia
B: Brothers-in-arms B: I confratelli

A film Un film
T: The life is beautiful T: La vita è bella
B: The wings of liberty B: Le ali della libertà

A magazine: Un giornale
B: Tuttosport B: Tuttosport
T: Technology T: Tecnologia

An adjective to descrive Juventini? Un aggettivo per descrivere i tifosi della juve
T: rather plain T: Troppo Sbiaditi
B: Numerous B: numerosissimi

An adjective to decrive Interisti? Un aggettivo per descrivere i tifosi dell’inter
B: A bit less B: Un po’ di meno
T: Numerous T: tantissimi

Choose – to win scudetto or the world cup? scegli, vincere lo scudetto o il campionato del mondo?
T: Scudetto T: lo scudetto
B: Gimmi all that B: datemeli tutti e due

Ever been with a man? 6 mai stato con un uomo?
B: Not yet B: Per adesso no (ironico)
T: Never T: mai

Ever thought about it then? Ci hai mai pensato quindi?
B: So many times B Tante volte (risate)
T: Never T: (risate)

How much costs a kg of bread? Quanto costa un kg. di pane?
B: 1500 lyres B: 1500 lire
T: I don’t know T: non lo so

Breasts – natural but imperfect or perfect but silicon? Seno naturale ma imperfetto o perfetto ma rifatto?
T: Natural even if imperfect T: Naturale però anche imperfetto
B: Breast perfect B: Seno perfetto

Served in the Army? Fatto il servizio militare?
T: Yes T: si
B: No B: no

Ever seen a porno film? mai visto un film porno ?
B&T: Yes B e T: si

In a woman’s company? in compagnia di una donna?
B&T: Yes B e T: si

Beatles or Rolling Stones? Beatles o Rolling Stones ?
B&T: Beatles B e T: Beatles

Ever cheated? mai tradito ?
B: Yes B : si
T: Never T : mai

A swear-word that you say the most often? la parolaccia che dici più spesso ?
B&T: I can’t say it here B e T: non si può dire ….
you can e dai dilla …
T: Dirty slut T: porca puttana
B: Dirty slut B: porca troia

Sex – better in a bed or somewhere else? il sesso meglio a letto o altrove ?
T: In a bed T: A letto
B: Somewhere else B: Altrove

A footballer that you like the most? il calciatore + simpatico ?
B: Totti B: totti
T: Del Piero T: dp

A footballer that you don’t like the most? il calciatore + antipatico
T: I won’t tell you T: non lo dico
B: How can I say? B: lo vengo a dire così

The president that you like the most? il presidente + simpatico
B: Costantino Rossi B: Costantino Rozzi
T: Vittorio Cecchi Gori (Fiorentina) T: Vittorio Vecchi Gori

The one that you don’t like the most? e quello + antipatico ?
B: No B: Boh
T: No such T: Nessuno

The best referee? L’arbitro migliore ?
B&T: Braschi B e T: Braschi

The best coach you ever worked with? L’allenatore migliore k hai mai avuto ?
T: Malesani T: Malesani
B: Salvioni B: (can’t get that)

The worst? Il peggiore ?
T: No such T: Nessuno
B: Ehmmmm B: Ehmmm

What do you think of aborts? favorevole all’aborto ?
B: The question is very complicated, I don’t know B: No, questa qua è una domanda complicata, non lo so
T: I’m against T: contrario

And of euthanasia? e all’eutanasia ?
T: I’m against T: contrario
B: Don’t know (here) B: boh

Favourite position to make love posizione preferita nel fare l’amore
T: Different above and below T: diverse sotto e sopra
B: Every time you’re very excited B: c’è la volta che sei più ingrifato ….

Say prrr fai una pernacchia
prrr prrr

What is globalisation? cos’è la globalizzazione ?
T: At this moment it’s difficult to explain T: In questo momento è difficile da spiegare
B: trying to give the chance for a good life for everyone B: Cercare di far vivere bene tutti

Who earns more – you or your colleague? guadagni + tu o il tuo collega ?
B: I don’t know B: Non lo so
T: almost the same (here) T: Siamo li

Ever stole something? hai mai rubato ?
T: Yes, caramels T: si caramelle
B: Chocolate eggs B: ovetti

At the last elections who did you vote for? alle ultime elezioni cos’hai votato ?
B&T: I didn’t vote B e T: non ho votato

Is there doping in football? c’è il doping nel calcio?
B&T: No B e T: No

The best thing in your profession? la cosa + bella del tuo mestiere?
T: Passion T: La passione
B: Give satisfaction, joy… B: Dare soddisfazione, gioie,

The worst thing in your profession? la cosa + brutta del tuo mestiere ?
B: Be the best and then become the worst B: passi dall’essere il migliore al peggiore
T: Envy T: l’invidia

Maradona or Pele? Maradona o Pelé?
B: I know Maradona and that’s enough for me B: Io ho conosciuto Maradona e mi basta
T: Maradona T: Maradona

Forward that you’re afraid the most? L’attaccante k temi di + ?
B: The one that has not been scoring lately (here) B: Quello k non segna da un po’
T: Vieri T: Vieri

Defender that you’d like to have near always? Il difensore k vorresti sempre vicino?
B: Thuram B: Thuram
T: Materazzi T: Materazzi

Player that you respect the most? il giocatore che stimola di più ?
B: Don’t know B: boh
T: Pippo Inzaghi T: Pippo Inzaghi

Who would you take as the third goalkeeper to the World Cup? Chi porteresti come terzo portiere ai mondiali ?
B: Abbiatti (Milan) and Pelizzoli (Roma) B: Abbiati e Pellizzoli
T: Albertosi T: Albertosi (ironico)

Would you take Baggio to the World Cup? porteresti Baggio ai mondiali ?
T: Yes T: si
B: He can return and be useful B: può tornare sempre utile

And at whose place? e al posto di chi ?
T: one extra (here) T: In più ;)
B: I hope not at my place B: Spero non al posto mio ;)

Who is Big Brother? Chi è il grande fratello?
B: A show of normal people B:una trasmissione di persone normali
T: It’s me T: sono io

An adjective for Trapattoni? un aggettivo x Trapattoni ?
B: Likeable B: simpatico
T: Qualified T: esperto

Berlusconi? un aggettivo x Berlusconi ?
T: Pleasant T: Piacevole
B: Protected (here) B: Protetto

Rutelli? Rutelli ?
B: No B: No
T: Beautiful T: Bello

Zoff? Zoff ?
T: Serious T: Serio
B: Pacific B: pacato

Sacchi? Sacchi?
B: A wizard B: Il mago
T: Bald T: pelato

Collina? Collina ?
B: Bald B: Pelato
T: Shaved T: ripelato

Braschi? Braschi ?
T: Determined T: Deciso
B: Massive B: Massiccio

Maradona? Maradona ?
B: Acrobat B: Funambolico
T: Has gone T: È andato

Who is Cofferati? Chi è Cofferati ?
T: A politician T: Un politico
B: Ans who’s that? B: e chi è ?

The best quality of Toldo? Un pregio di toldo ?
B: Sensible B: Sensibile
T: Sincerity T: La serenità

The best quality of Buffon? Un pregio di buffon ?
T: Skill T: La bravura
B: Calmness B: La tranquillità

Ever seen each other nude? L’hai mai visto nudo?
T: Yes, when taking a shower T: Beh si, … qui a far la doccia
B: Yes, yes B: Si si (ridendo)

Whose is longer? Chi ce l’ha più lungo ?
B: We never had a competition to compare B: Non abbiamo mai fatto la gara
T: We’ve never seen it each other when hard T: Non ce lo siamo mai visti quando è duro

Whose poster did you have when you were a child? Di chi avevi il poster da piccolo?
B: Roger Miller B: Roger Miller
T: The National Team’82 T: Della Nazionale dell’ 82

Better a supper with Totti or Nesta? Meglio una cena con totti o nesta ?
B: I know Totti for 10 years B: Conosco da 10 anni Totti
T: Nesta T: Nesta

Ciampi (Italy’s president) or Eva Henger (porno star) Ciampi o eva henger
T: Eva henger T: eva henger
B: Show me the one who’ll say “Ciampi” B: Sfido chiunque a dire Ciampi

Vespa or Costanzo? (tv show presenters) Vespa o Costanzo?
B&T: Costanzo B e T: Costanzo

Velina bionda o velina mora? (tv show presenters as well J ) Velina bionda o velina mora?
T: Wait, The dark-haired is Vieri’s friend … T: Aspetta, la mora è di bobo …
B: Ehm… they’re engaged to two of my friends B: Ehm … sono fidanzate con degli amici

Who would you give the Golden Ball? A chi daresti il pallone d’oro?
B: Zidane B: Zidane
T: I’d give it to myself T: Me lo prendo io

Juve-Inter, who wins? Juve o Inter, chi vince?
T: Inter T: Inter
B: If I say Inter, I’m crazy B: Se dico inter sono un pazzo

Who’ll win the championship? Chi vince il campionato?
T: I don’t know T: Non lo so
B: Us B: Noi

Would you buy a car already used by the other one ? (here) Compreresti un’auto usata dall’altro?
B: Sure B: Certo
T: I buy only new cars T: Compro solo auto nuove

Greet each other Salutatevi
Ciao Ciao (ridendo)
Ciao Gigi Ciao Gigi (ridendo)

Which of you will be No1 at the World Cup? Chi giocherà titolare ai mondiali?
T: … Marianna … T: …Marianna …
B: Who will be in better form B: Chi arriverà più in condizione

Italy wins the World Cup with you on the bench. Are you happy in this case? L’Italia vince i mondiali con te in panchina, 6 felice lo stesso?
B: If I say yes, you’ll get angry, that’s why I say no. B: Se dico sì, vi incazzate, per cui dico no
T: ummmmmm T: Uuummm uummm (ridendo)

Frisko
26 Aug 06, 15:17
I really can't be bothered translating all that, it's way old anyway.

You guys need to get used to working Frisko only popping up on here for an hour a day in about a week time :D I'll try and keep you up to date with the stuff I read on Gazzetta though.

nerazzuri-fan
26 Aug 06, 16:08

PS: I come from China. I am glad to see the Inter fans from the world.
Hey, glad to hear you've decided to join the boards.
A few things, i think Toldo is only 28, and Buffon has decided he will stay with Juventus.

Frisko
26 Aug 06, 16:48
A few things, i think Toldo is only 28, and Buffon has decided he will stay with Juventus.
Haha, nice joke, 28 :D

Toldone will be 35 in December.

i4tiger
26 Aug 06, 17:07

I will support Inter for ever! I believe that Toldo can still keep high standard in a long time.

Pod
26 Aug 06, 18:29

btw, didnt u guys enjoy Durai's posts where he confessed he does not know anything bout what he is writing ... he only wants to motivate the fans against Mancini.every news said that it was 2009 and then I read in intewiew in la gazzetta it's 2008
???

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadre/Inter/Primo_Piano/2006/08_Agosto/25/toldo25agosto.shtml

Forza ragazzi
10 Nov 06, 10:42
I think Toldo deserves credit for the way he handles being no 2. If everyone reacted like Toldone.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/nov10e.html

:star:

Devious
11 Nov 06, 19:39
Come on! no one needs a reminder of how great Toldo is.
Cesar has been doing ok, but he wont reach Toldo`s potentials, and we need the best in every position.. and Cesar definitly isnt the best in our squade.

Pajo
11 Nov 06, 23:23
Come on! no one needs a reminder of how great Toldo is.
Cesar has been doing ok, but he wont reach Toldo`s potentials, and we need the best in every position.. and Cesar definitly isnt the best in our squade.

Neighter is Toldo!
I don't get it, why do you people hate Cesar so much? Yeah, he isn't world class goalkeeper, but he is doing fine!... He will make one mistake per game, and he will make 5 other great saves. Which is good btw!

Tanel
12 Nov 06, 12:36
Neighter is Toldo!
I don't get it, why do you people hate Cesar so much? Yeah, he isn't world class goalkeeper, but he is doing fine!... He will make one mistake per game, and he will make 5 other great saves. Which is good btw!So what's your point at saying "Neither is Toldo". Should we play Tornaghi, Carini or Orlandoni then?

There are four points why I have my dislikenings with Cesar -

1.) I'm biased Toldo fan. :proud:
2.) He is taking a place that should belong to Italian.
3.) His potential will never every reach what Toldo was at his prime and to have him as a successor I don't like as Brazilian goalkeepers are almost never a reliabilty.
4.) Which leads me to the fourth point. I didn't really have that much againist him until the middle of the last season when he started to show his inconsistency in a period where we had a final and best chance to get back to the Scudetto race.

The mistake - great saves sentence is bullshit. If a goalkeeper would make one mistake that costs a goal every match then he isn't even a mediocore goalkeeper. Goalkeeper needs to be a reliability who doesn't make mistakes. He necesarilly doesn't have to be a guy who will constantly make supersaves with it, but he must be a secure guy who doesen't make blunders and saves the balls that need to be saved and maybe sometimes put in some super saves.

Also another thing I've noticed, JC almost never catches the ball unless it comes straight at him as he punches it away or saves it infront of him, often resulting into falling to opponent. While Buffon or Toldo could actually save and catch or send it out of the pitch or far away from the area atleast.

Pajo
12 Nov 06, 12:55
But Toldo is old.

He was one of the best goalkeepers in the world, but WAS! He is not any more. He can also let stupid goals.

I think that we definitely need new goalkeeper. But until than, I think we should stick by Cesar. That is my opinion though...

Forza ragazzi
12 Nov 06, 14:08
Toldo's age is not an argument. Age isn't that fundamental for goalies as outfield players.

I feel we should stick to JC as long as he's playing like he is now, otherwise, we should let Toldone show his true colours again.

Karim
12 Nov 06, 15:58
My feelings exactly

kova9
14 Nov 06, 07:52
Toldo's age is not an argument. Age isn't that fundamental for goalies as outfield players.

I feel we should stick to JC as long as he's playing like he is now, otherwise, we should let Toldone show his true colours again.
J.Cesar has proved as great keeper and it would be a nonsense to bench him right now..

Forza ragazzi
14 Nov 06, 18:27
J.Cesar has proved as great keeper and it would be a nonsense to bench him right now..

Yeah, that's kind of what I said :rolleyes:

kova9
15 Nov 06, 10:36
Yeah, that's kind of what I said :rolleyes:
Of ourse, I just confirmed it..;)

inter_rupe
16 Nov 06, 21:26
Who knows where could i DOWNLOAD Toldone's goal aginst Dopentus >> in 2001 >>when the score was 1:1

kova9
17 Nov 06, 08:18
Who knows where could i DOWNLOAD Toldone's goal aginst Dopentus >> in 2001 >>when the score was 1:1
Try in "multimedia" thread.. It was there once, and I'm sure someone can reupload it.. ;)

inter_rupe
17 Nov 06, 19:03
thx kova9 1 >> but where is multimedia thread?

Michal
17 Nov 06, 19:05
here - http://javierzanetti.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1054

inter_rupe
17 Nov 06, 20:11
grazie ;)

Michal
02 Dec 06, 12:26
:star: HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANCESCO TOLDO :star:
Saturday, 02 December 2006 06:56:01

MILAN - Many happy returns to Francesco Toldo. Inter's Padua-born goalkeeper celebrates his 35th birthday today.

:boogy: :boogy: :boogy:

Forza ragazzi
02 Dec 06, 12:35
Happy bday, Toldone.

I really admire what you are doing for Inter these days. Compliments to you.

Tanel
02 Dec 06, 14:04
I wouldn't mind Inter making a little gift for him by playing him, but anyway my big cheers for the dude! One of the best goalkeepers my young eyes have ever seen. Never ever will forget the Euro 2000, Valencia game he had or the simply amazing save on Riquelme. About that, I lost my Valencia game video, does anyone have that?

jen
14 Dec 06, 19:27
Well, I have a question about Toldo.
Toldo is not your number one keeper, isn't he?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
I just want to know why?
A question I ask myself since a long time.
Thanks

To1do
14 Dec 06, 19:27
Julio is number one ! :D
Because Toldo is old ! :D but he is my favorite :)

jen
14 Dec 06, 19:31
Julio is number one ! :D
Because Toldo is old ! :D but he is my favorite :)

How old is he?
I think Toldo is better than Julio and he is italian.
Well, I like Toldo since the Euro 2000.

To1do
14 Dec 06, 19:33
How old is he?
I think Toldo is better than Julio and he is italian.
Well, I like Toldo since the Euro 2000.
Toldone is 35 y old hehe

jen
14 Dec 06, 19:40
Toldone is 35 y old hehe

Not so old for an Italian goalkeeper. Look at Pagliuca (40).
It's a pitty that Toldo didn't play.

To1do
14 Dec 06, 19:42
nah, if he played i can bet we would lose !
i love toldo but he makes too much mistakes

jen
14 Dec 06, 19:46
nah, if he played i can bet we would lose !
i love toldo but he makes too much mistakes

Okay, I must admit I haven't seen him since he is not playing for Italy anymore. But I always thought he is good as he was before. :rolleyes:
But, respect that you say this about your fav player.

Well, I start to like Inter fans. ;)

snake
06 Mar 07, 21:00
Toldo should be promoted to starting keeper after his performance tonight :dielaugh:

To1do
06 Mar 07, 21:12
love toldo !!!!! TOLDO is the man !

K.I.
06 Mar 07, 21:20
Toldo should be promoted to starting keeper after his performance tonight :dielaugh:

I agree with that,i am amazed on how good he is handling being second keeper,shows how much he loves inter and his actions today also proved it,i wouldnt mind seeing him return to being our no.1 again....even tho i love cesar and rate him highly.

Alex de Large
06 Mar 07, 23:47
grande francesco, he should never go from inter, just retire at the age of 40 like PAGLIUCA.

rockball
07 Mar 07, 07:35
I love this guy....had read some interview of his few months back where he said..."Just bcos I dont complain, it doesnt mean that I do not suffer. I sufer a lot sitting on the bench...but my parents taught me to take it like a man"

Golden words by our legend!!

Waleed
07 Mar 07, 22:07
Toldo: Here's what really happened

Wednesday 7 March, 2007

Francesco Toldo was at the centre of the Mestalla brawl and reveals why it started as well as what happened when he dived into the Valencia locker room.

“Carlos Marchena was making fun of Nicolas Burdisso in Spanish,” the Inter goalkeeper told ‘Viva Radio 2’.

“Unfortunately for him, we have 15 Spanish speaking players and he picked the wrong one. Burdisso is an instinctive guy and reacted against everyone.”

It all seemed ugly but not entirely unusual up until that point, as Toldo, Julio Cruz and Ivan Cordoba were gathered round trying to prise Burdisso away from Marchena.

The situation degenerated into one of the worst brawls seen in Champions League history when Valencia’s David Navarro came off the bench and threw a punch, breaking Burdisso’s nose.

“I was holding Burdisso and taking him to one side,” explained Toldo. “The trouble is some idiot by the name of Navarro came up behind us from the left. Nobody expected him to throw a punch, but he aimed it directly and Nicolas’ nose went in the other direction.

“I felt him suddenly go limp like a sack of potatoes, as he was losing consciousness. At that point, we snapped and all chased after this disgraceful coward who ran away.

“Cordoba managed to get a kick to him, but he was wearing his shin pads. He managed to get into the locker room and that’s where the hunt for Navarro continued.”

Television footage from the players’ tunnel showed chaotic scenes as Esteban Cambiasso – in white shirt and dark trousers as he was out injured – and Luis Figo tried to push past security officers to reach the Valencia locker room.

Toldo, dressed in an all-black tracksuit, managed to sneak in behind the guards. But what happened once the goalkeeper got in there?

“The police were there, there was more traffic than in the centre of Milan at rush hour. I ran in and didn’t look anyone in the face, so they did not think to stop me,” he explained.

“There were 10 steps before you could get into the area where the Valencia players were, so the police managed to block me and I didn’t move from there. I wasn’t even entirely sure who I was looking for at that stage, so I was in the dark.”

So far Toldo has not been charged with gross unsporting conduct by UEFA, but teammates Cordoba, Burdisso and Cruz have – along with Valencia’s Marchena and Navarro.

Navarro has since apologised for breaking Burdisso’s nose and has commented he is willing to fly out to Italy for a personal meeting with the Argentine.

- channel4.com

This guy has reached HERO status.

For a big guy he pretty mobile, he got past those punks with ease.

Opeum
08 Mar 07, 08:19
[B]Toldo: Here's what really happened

Navarro has since apologised for breaking Burdisso’s nose and has commented he is willing to fly out to Italy for a personal meeting with the Argentine.[/I]

- channel4.com

This guy has reached HERO status.

For a big guy he pretty mobile, he got past those punks with ease.
let's kill him in italy..does any of the italian mafia is an inter's fan? kill him and brun him and send his burned corpse to his wife and kids :)

Enzo
08 Mar 07, 08:21
it's amazing because Toldo, Cordoba, Burdisso, Maicon have reached hero status now.

does anyone know who was the Inter player holding down Burdisso after he got punched? whoever it was he deserves hero status as well.

Opeum
08 Mar 07, 08:21
i think it's deki and ibra

Suneet
08 Mar 07, 10:10
let's kill him in italy..does any of the italian mafia is an inter's fan? kill him and brun him and send his burned corpse to his wife and kids :)

Killing for football IMO is stupid. Lets not forget Serie A was suspended some time back.

I'm not asking anyone to forgive him, we need to keep the hate on the field.:stuckup:

cloudq
08 Mar 07, 11:22
it's amazing because Toldo, Cordoba, Burdisso, Maicon have reached hero status now.

does anyone know who was the Inter player holding down Burdisso after he got punched? whoever it was he deserves hero status as well.

add cambaisso and cruz to that list

rockball
08 Mar 07, 13:19
Guess the only one who is not an Inter legend now is Adri :D

M.Adnan
08 Mar 07, 13:27

I'm very sure that it was Zlatan. I don't know if Stankovic was there too.

Guess the only one who is not an Inter legend now is Adri :D

Adriano had his chance with Caneira two seasons ago. :P

Tanel
08 Mar 07, 17:21
Toldo has always been a hero and a legend, loved how he sneeked through the guards. :D

Alex de Large
09 Mar 07, 01:57
All of them are legends, this is the best Inter since 1989.

cloudq
09 Mar 07, 05:38
Toldo has always been a hero and a legend, loved how he sneeked through the guards. :D

he stuck into the room but there was another 10 guards in that room and navarro was in another room further back

but props to toldo for getting that far

Khalifa
01 Apr 07, 19:03
Toldone is still Toldone....excellent positioning and reactions.

Forza ragazzi
01 Apr 07, 21:47
He played an excellent match today. That one-on-one save with Gasbarroni (?) was class :star:

Nice to know we have two quality goalies.