PDA

View Full Version : Francesco Toldo

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

cloudq
02 Apr 07, 04:55
if jimmy fontana didnt bitch about being 3rd string keeper, wed have 3

Karim
02 Apr 07, 11:02
Grande, I always felt when he was in goal that we will be safe, and he was absolutly a safeguard exceptfor that slip inwhich Maicon cleared with his head, grande Toldone

davidRecoba
03 Apr 07, 23:14
agree, and i saw toldo was trying to prove that he's still a good goalkeeper

lonewolf19
04 Apr 07, 09:08
do u guyz think next season will be Toldo's last season for inter??

brehme1989
04 Apr 07, 09:11
He played an excellent match today. That one-on-one save with Gasbarroni (?) was class :star:

Nice to know we have two quality goalies.

Unfortunately we have one. And the quality one is the one that resides on the bench:lala:

Forza ragazzi
04 Apr 07, 10:21
Unfortunately we have one. And the quality one is the one that resides on the bench:lala:

Even though I think he still makes some silly mistakes, I think JC has become a class goalie.

cloudq
04 Apr 07, 13:42
Grande, I always felt when he was in goal that we will be safe, and he was absolutly a safeguard exceptfor that slip inwhich Maicon cleared with his head, grande Toldone

toldo cant save point blank shots for crap anymore

give him a close ranged header to save and he'll miss it completely

reflexes just arent there anymore

Frisko
04 Apr 07, 16:49
What has really amazed me this year is Toldo's attitude, he never had a go at Mancini, never tried to leave, every time I see pics of him he's SMILING. Great attitude, I'm somehow sad that he doesn't get to play much but JC surely deserves the number one spot.

Waleed
04 Apr 07, 17:11
Toldo could easily excel at another top club if he wanted to. I am surprised to see that Milan have not inquired about him after witnessing the mind farts of Nelson "Look the other way" Dida. He might be old but he is still twice the keeper Dida is.

I hope he stays for at least one more season. Even if he will see little action JC will definitely benefit from all his experience.

Tanel
04 Apr 07, 17:22
toldo cant save point blank shots for crap anymore

give him a close ranged header to save and he'll miss it completely

reflexes just arent there anymoreIf you play ever 10 games then you cannot have proper reflexes obviously. If you remember, last year when he came to goal and was there for longer periods we went unconceeded for a long time. Without his "missing reflexes" we would've left Villareal with a 0-5 loss.

I'm sure that Toldo will be with us until the end of his career.

It's really sad his career has been in the shadow of a great goalkeeper like Buffon. What Italy had to use in the 2000 (and a bit before) - 2004 will probably go down as one of the best options ever for a country in goalkeeper positions. Two simply out of this world at that time goalkeepers and let's not forget that Peruzzi and Pagliuca were class at that time aswell.

It's a bit sad that the glory Toldo should've had in his career now goes to Julio Cesar, but for most of us it means nothing. We still have our memories of the miracles the once probably best goalkeeper in the world did for us, Italy and Fiorentina. Some games, some saves that I will never forgot. Has been one of my idols ever since 2000 Euro's.

Karim
04 Apr 07, 17:26
Want a new goalkeeper for the future though, get that Rensing guy, he's got what it takes to be a new Oliver Kahn, had a great game last night, his reflexes were on ;) and although it is clear that he is still way too young and inexperienced (Pirlo's goal), but he made a very good game yesterday

Handoyo
04 Apr 07, 23:52
:wth:

Julio Cesar is just in his mid-20s. You'd be crazy if you want a goalkeeper for the future.

Hand;)yo

Opeum
05 Apr 07, 03:31
i becoma a fan of his since eiro 2000...what a save from spot kick!

cloudq
05 Apr 07, 09:10
If you play ever 10 games then you cannot have proper reflexes obviously. If you remember, last year when he came to goal and was there for longer periods we went unconceeded for a long time. Without his "missing reflexes" we would've left Villareal with a 0-5 loss.

I'm sure that Toldo will be with us until the end of his career.

It's really sad his career has been in the shadow of a great goalkeeper like Buffon. What Italy had to use in the 2000 (and a bit before) - 2004 will probably go down as one of the best options ever for a country in goalkeeper positions. Two simply out of this world at that time goalkeepers and let's not forget that Peruzzi and Pagliuca were class at that time aswell.

It's a bit sad that the glory Toldo should've had in his career now goes to Julio Cesar, but for most of us it means nothing. We still have our memories of the miracles the once probably best goalkeeper in the world did for us, Italy and Fiorentina. Some games, some saves that I will never forgot. Has been one of my idols ever since 2000 Euro's.

tell you one thing, toldo has given us two coppa italias

Marcello
06 May 07, 23:16
La Grande Parata Francesco Toldo

Handoyo
06 May 07, 23:45
I'm really happy for him. He's been a fantastic professional player and although he used to complain about his place at the bench, he has always take it up his own ass and patiently waits for his chance. This season, I believe that the fact that J.Cesar has been making huge improvements has helped eased up Toldo accept his place as the GK #2.

Forza Toldo!

Hand;)yo

Alex de Large
07 May 07, 01:02
How many pk's have toldo and cesar stoped this season? i think that probably 4 or 5, maybe it's a new record on pk's stoped.

lonewolf19
07 May 07, 02:46
I was about the say the same thing as Alex
our keeper are so good at stopping pks
on another point, I think few of them are very unjust... just like todays against Andreolli

Handoyo
07 May 07, 03:41
on another point, I think few of them are very unjust... just like todays against Andreolli
The most ridiculous was undoubtedly the one we received at Giuseppe Meazza against Siena (http://www.javierzanetti.net/Handoyo/Videos/Inter/2006%20-%202007/22%20Inter%20-%20Siena%202-0%20(2%20Dec%2006)/(50)%20J.Cesar%20penalty%20save.avi).

Hand;)yo

davidRecoba
07 May 07, 10:18
i hate this, Copa Italia is Toldo's turn, but why the final game will be J.C's??

rockball
07 May 07, 10:33
Yea...we shd do wot Arsenal did....stick with the same team thruout

Efrain21C
02 Jul 07, 03:49
Toldo's ending contract?

8ballmjg
07 Jul 07, 17:17
sell him he´s a disgrace

cloudq
07 Jul 07, 17:31
Yea...we shd do wot Arsenal did....stick with the same team thruout

its not the same

inter didnt buy tens of promising youngsters and have the patience to see them develop

rockball
08 Jul 07, 16:17
sell that clumsy humpty dumty

Are you crazy...Toldo is a legend...where will we find such experienced and good backup keepers

Suneet
08 Jul 07, 17:57
Are you crazy...Toldo is a legend...where will we find such experienced and good backup keepers

No he's old and we need to get a younger kpeeper. Anyone who is higjhly rated in Football Manager, he will bnecome our future legend.:boogy: :boogy: :boogy:

:rolleyes:

Toninu
10 Jul 07, 15:14
Well I think since Toldo should be retiring soon we should reach an agreement with Brescia for Viviano.

interlab
22 Aug 07, 20:47
just look at this video fantastic <> everybody loves him even our main rivals like Del Merda and buffon cant score but he caaan
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/toldo/video/x22tc0_forza-toldo_sport

Tanel
22 Aug 07, 22:46
No he's old and we need to get a younger kpeeper. Anyone who is higjhly rated in Football Manager, he will bnecome our future legend.:boogy: :boogy: :boogy:

:rolleyes:toldo is the one of the best keepers of last decade. None of the Fm highly-rated dudes is close to him at his best, neither is our current no. 1.

It's old post, I know, but I'm a little drunk. :D

INTER
20 Oct 07, 21:10
"After a career like mine it's not easy to accept the role of second goalkeeper but I respect the coach's decisions and I'm always grateful to the club.

"We can't forget that Inter have a very large squad. We must always put the interests of the team first."

:proud: Great words from Toldone!

Handoyo
20 Oct 07, 22:40
Yes, one smilie that can perfectly describe Toldo is :proud:

He was stupendous against Reggina, making several unbelievable saves. Toldo is a great goalkeeper, who is just unlucky that J.Cesar has been in an even more incredible form. We are extremely fortunate that Toldo stays with us, willing to fight for his place and still showing that same passion ever since he joined us from Fiorentina. I can never forget the post-match reaction he showed at the Mestalla last season.

Forza Toldone! :star::proud:

Karim
21 Oct 07, 07:56
He was like a Godzilla on a mission when he entered :crazy:

Stefan
21 Oct 07, 08:47
Yes, one smilie that can perfectly describe Toldo is :proud:

He was stupendous against Reggina, making several unbelievable saves. Toldo is a great goalkeeper, who is just unlucky that J.Cesar has been in an even more incredible form. We are extremely fortunate that Toldo stays with us, willing to fight for his place and still showing that same passion ever since he joined us from Fiorentina. I can never forget the post-match reaction he showed at the Mestalla last season.

Forza Toldone! :star::proud:

Yeah thats what makes this squad so special. Him and Samuel chasing after the Valencia players into their own changing rooms.:star:

Forza ragazzi
21 Oct 07, 08:54
It's odd how several players in our squad that easily could start every match (either at Inter or elsewhere in Serie A) are content with being benchers. Toldo, Samuel last year, Burdisso, Solari. And the strikers (except Ibra) have to rotate around the clock and still no complaining. Figo is still here although he didn't play as much as he wanted for a while. There is something special about Inter these days.

Great match last night, Toldone.

K.I.
21 Oct 07, 10:34
Yes indeed,this inter is very special....a big credit to this go to mancio...who seems to have a great rapport with all of the players and all of the players seem to respect him and they all seem to realize they are not here to be a starter or whatever but they are here to play for inter...as a team.

Choppin Onions
22 Oct 07, 08:34
Credit to Mancio indeed but let's not forget that winning certainly helps the attitude of the players. It wasn't too long ago that our players were speaking out against the club (Emre is the first that comes to mind) and causing unrest in the dressing room.

To1do
27 Oct 07, 10:36
"After a career like mine it's not easy to accept the role of second goalkeeper but I respect the coach's decisions and I'm always grateful to the club.

"We can't forget that Inter have a very large squad. We must always put the interests of the team first."

:proud: Great words from Toldone!

Grande Toldo i love him so much ! :cry:
Hope he never leave !
Toldo the legend

lonewolf19
27 Oct 07, 10:44
Good Job Toldo and thanks so much for staying with Inter

Forza ragazzi
30 Oct 07, 15:13
He's out for a long time. 45 days it says on C4. Let's hope JC gets back his physical shape. Orlandoni has honest and good intentions, but whether juBe will care is another thing.

snake
08 Nov 07, 03:29
I know this is way out of left field, but sometimes when you think back to the days where we struggled our asses off in a corrupt league with a shitty team, a dangerous mix.

Its funny to look back and see all the players who fought through (real interistas), Matrix, Zanetti, Cordoba, Toldo and then you have scum like Vieri, Cannavaro etc..

Dont take this winning for granted boys, never forget where we came from and this is why i remembered all of this, sitting here bored at work a quote came to me.

May 2004, Interviewed by journalists at the Azzurri retreat in Coverciano yesterday, Francesco Toldo spoke about the Nerazzurri past, present and future. The comparison between Inter and Ferrari might seem a bit risky, but it goes a long way to explaining the goalkeeper's motivations. "Inter will do what Ferarri did: twenty years without victories then when it starts winning, it won't stop. And I think we're very close. Why all this optimism? Moratti is a guarantee and the club is strong.

:proud: Told-one.

rockball
08 Nov 07, 15:54
I never heard that comment before...hope the prophecy comes true

Grande Toldo!

lonewolf19
08 Nov 07, 23:57
damn great words!
I hope its gonna come true too :)
everyone stayed in with Inter during those harsh times deserve a great appaluse

A.l.i
09 Nov 07, 08:11
Thank God! That dark cloud over us has finally been removed..........

lonewolf19
02 Dec 07, 07:09
Happy bday Toldo
thank you for you service for Inter and recover soon

Stefan
02 Dec 07, 07:11
Happy bday Toldo.:)

brehme1989
02 Dec 07, 07:29
Happy Birthday Francesco!!!

ciamac
02 Dec 07, 08:40
Happy Birthday Toldo :heart:

interlab
02 Dec 07, 09:47
Happy B-day Toldone:heart:

rockball
02 Dec 07, 13:16
Happy birthday Toldo!
A true Interista :proud:

sergiu.inter
02 Dec 07, 13:17
Happy b-day Toldone!!

Nyall
02 Dec 07, 13:18
Happy Birthday!

Toninu
02 Dec 07, 21:13
One of the best keepers ever to wear to put on a pair of gloves :proud:

Happy Bday!

To1do
03 Dec 07, 11:20
Happy B-day Grande Toldo

The__legend#7
03 Dec 07, 11:32
Happy Bday Toldo :heart:

Forza ragazzi
30 Jan 08, 20:59
Nearly two months since the last post in Toldo's thread, but tonight he played very well. Couldn't do anything about the first goal and was unfortunate that his rebound hit the post and then Iaquinta. Had some amazing saves in the second half. Nedved's pin-point shot and Trezeguet's volley, off the top of my head.

We are lucky to have Toldo as our back-up goalie. He is still very good.

Master Inter
30 Jan 08, 21:07
Yeah Toldo still playing very well today

minterke
30 Jan 08, 21:32
yeah Frankie-T had a good night, saved our asses except I think he forgot how to take goal kicks.

Cro Nerazzurro
30 Jan 08, 21:41
My Milan fan friend and I agreed Toldo is best 2nd goalkepper on earth.

Forza Toldone!

Ziyad
31 Jan 08, 05:44
Grande Toldone...We are lucky we have him :)

lonewolf19
31 Jan 08, 05:48
I agree. Great saves last night. Best #2 in the World

scutzon
31 Jan 08, 07:37
Great performance by Toldo last night. Showed us that he hasn't lost his touch at all.

Marcello
02 Feb 08, 00:34
Euro Call up anybody?

Durai
02 Feb 08, 00:35
hasnt he retired from internationals?

Marcello
02 Feb 08, 00:44
hasnt he retired from internationals?

Yeah . unfortantly :(

Toldo announced his retirement from international football after Italy were eliminated from Euro 2004 at the group stage. He said: "Only Inter now."

Toninu
02 Feb 08, 08:28
If he was still playing for the NT he'd def. be on the squad with the lack of Italian goalkeepers there is currently.

Karim
15 May 08, 11:48
I wanna know why goal.com werote thatToldo was going to be on the list but then Donadoni opted for Abbiati

I wanna know did Toldo announce his retired from the NT in 2004?

Forza ragazzi
15 May 08, 20:42
Yes, he did, but he declared himself available to Donadoni as 3rd keeper this summer.

lonewolf19
16 May 08, 06:43
Yes, he did, but he declared himself available to Donadoni as 3rd keeper this summer.

I thought he said he would only come out if Buffon is unable to play in the euro?

Karim
16 May 08, 11:25
Well, I have to say when he said back in 2004 that he will retire I was both sad as an Azzuri supporter and happy for the sake of Inter, but then in the beginning of the 2006-2007 season and his early blunders especially the Sporting Lisbon goal and JC's uphill climb, I really felt bad for him and then when he starts to come back he is hi with 6 goals in Rome. The period between 06-now was really a hard time for him, but i think he knows he is a sub keeper and not the same guy he used to be anymore.

Nevertheless, I love the guy and will always support him. Forza Toldone!!!

Will never forget that crucial save he made in the Parma game in the 2005-2006 in the Tardini from a second half free kick.

Doesn't his contract expire in 09?

rockball
22 Jul 08, 04:26
Toldone still no. 1 :proud:

Thanks to Inter management and also Cesar.

F U C K MILAN
23 Jul 08, 07:41
respect to toldone, he works hard in training, he has positive attiude, always smiling in trainig, since he has been our reserve goalie he never complained once to the media or none
True champ
forza toldone!

M.Adnan
05 Aug 08, 21:00
It was a pleasure to see Toldo with such performance today (Bayern). He always put some great saves everytime he plays, no matter in what form he is.

rockball
06 Aug 08, 04:31
He always put some great saves everytime he plays, no matter in what form he is.

Well he always is in form. Grande Toldone.

Suneet
06 Aug 08, 15:19
Our backup keeper is 100 times better than BBilan's keepers combined.

AntonTheGreat
06 Aug 08, 15:24
duh? Kalac said they have the best GK's in the world. So how is that possible? hmmmm

rockball
06 Aug 08, 15:42
I like seeing Toldo wear the #1 jersey. He may not start for us but no one should ever take that away from him.

Pulsar36
06 Aug 08, 16:10
I think Mourinho will give both GKs a chance to shine. Toldo has all the right in the world to play to try to win the job.

Handoyo
06 Aug 08, 17:19
After the Chelsea drubbing, and after yesterday night, one can only wonder how low Kalac's IQ really is.

Ibra
06 Aug 08, 18:13
This guy is great, he never moans about being a 2nd choice although he would be a starter for almost any other club! we are lucky to have him.

Bes
10 Aug 08, 21:46
Toldone is trully and deserving the #1 jersey aswell. He did some best saves against Sevilla, Ajax, Bayern. I think the GK position of JC isn't too secured after these performances.

Ilkinio
11 Aug 08, 03:27
JC played against Sevilla.

Khalifa
21 Oct 08, 15:15
looking forward to seeing our toldone in a action and im sure he won't disappoint. The true guard of most us interistas here.

rockball
21 Oct 08, 15:34
Toldone :proud:
So good to see him on the pitch.

Alex de Large
22 Oct 08, 00:41
Forza Toldo, chance well deserved.

Handoyo
22 Oct 08, 00:56
Normally, I'd be disgusted that our coach treat a CL match so unseriously that he sends out his second-choice goalkeeper.

But in this case, this certain goalkeeper is Francesco freaking Toldo, who'd most probably be an undisputed #1 in any other Serie A team, barring Juve and us.

lonewolf19
22 Oct 08, 04:00
Normally, I'd be disgusted that our coach treat a CL match so unseriously that he sends out his second-choice goalkeeper.

But in this case, this certain goalkeeper is Francesco freaking Toldo, who'd most probably be an undisputed #1 in any other Serie A team, barring Juve and us.

omg how can you say that? How can you forget the Godly DIDA? He is undisputed #1 in any team :D

rockball
22 Oct 08, 09:01
Don't mention such names in the Grande Toldone thread.

CafeCordoba
22 Oct 08, 13:02

Why's that? These CL group stage matches are pretty uninteresting as the last time we haven't qualified from that stage is 5 years ago with a disaster season (Cuper sacking).

Bes
02 Dec 08, 07:47
Happy birthday to Toldone! He's 37 now :)

lonewolf19
02 Dec 08, 07:52
Happy Bday
Best second choice on EARTH

Alessandro
02 Dec 08, 08:02
Inter legend

6C6kQYpswT4

Forza ragazzi
02 Dec 08, 08:10
Congrats to Toldone!

rockball
02 Dec 08, 09:44
Grande Toldone. Best wishes.
One of the most passionate players ever. That scene with Matrix is so fucking amazing.

Forza Toldone.

A.l.i
02 Dec 08, 10:27
Happy B-day Toldone !

Stefan
02 Dec 08, 10:28
Happy bday Toldo.

lonewolf19
02 Dec 08, 23:51
Great words from Toldo

I Still Have Great Desire To Play - Francesco Toldo

Since the arrival of Brazilian Julio Cesar, who has been in great form over the past few season, Francesco Toldo has constantly found himself warming the Inter bench.

Today, the former Fiorentina goalkeeper turned 37 and spoke to Sky Sports 24 about the current state of his career.

"To play for Inter still has many simuli - like the fight for the Scudetto and the Champions League," he explained. "I still have a great desire to play, we will see what happens with my contract negotiations in June, but in Italy I would only play for Inter."

Recently several Italians have tried their luck outside the peninsula like Fabio Grosso at Lyon and Luca Toni and Bayern Munich and Toldo admitted he could be tempted to do the same.

"I would move abroad willingly. We will see if there are any teams who want me," he joked.

Finally, Toldo spoke about the Golden Ball, which was awarded to Cristiano Ronaldo on Tuesday: "I'd be happy if (Inter striker Zlatan) Ibrahimovic won it at some point, but the prize is heavily linked with the Champions League, we hope that Zlatan wins both next year!"

Toldo has not seen much action this season, but kept a clean-sheet on Champions League matchday 3 against Anorthosis when Inter were 1-0 victors.

Bes
03 Dec 08, 10:40
Grande Toldone! He's a pasionate interista!

Devious
03 Dec 08, 11:16
Toldo is right here.. in the heart! Grande Toldone!! :)

Ilkinio
22 Jan 09, 05:14
Toldone looked a little bit overweight, but still very sharp. Good performance.

szasza02
22 Jan 09, 07:50
his hair was scary:D
but anyway, TOLDONE made a few brilliant saves

Handoyo
22 Jan 09, 08:23
It's time for him to, at least temporarily, be the #1 choice keeper again. Julio Cesar has been very shaky lately and we need to choose a player based on his merit, not his name. Mou should explain this to JC and the break should also be good for JC.

M.Adnan
22 Jan 09, 09:08
My favourite goalkeeper all time.

I hope that we can see him playing in more important games.

Stefan
23 Jan 09, 12:42
I would like to keep toldo but I would prefer cruz to go at the end of the season.

Julio Cruz And Francesco Toldo Hesitate Over New Inter Deals - Report
Inter Milan have yet to reach agreements with striker Julio Cruz and goalkeeper Francesco Toldo regarding new deals.

»Comments Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us

galleria
zoom
Argentine striker Julio Cruz and second-choice goalkeeper Francesco Toldo will see their respective contracts with Inter expire at the end of the season.
There have been reports in the Italian press that both players are close to put pen to paper on contract extensions, however, there have been complications.
The Via Durini directors have allegedly put on the table two-year deals, but Sportal.it reports that the parties have failed to agree economic terms at present.
El Jardinero’s agents have reportedly held talks with technical director Marco Branca and will remain in Milan until the end of next week, but a deal is far from being struck.
Meanwhile, the Beneamata have agreed terms with highly-rated Serb striker Alen Stevanovic, but the youngster will have to wait for a non-EU spot to open up before being officially joining the Nerazzurri's ranks.
Vince Masiello, Goal.com

cloudq
30 Jan 09, 08:02
2 yrs? he should be given a lifetime contract until he decides to retire from the inter shirt

Gasparroni
02 Mar 09, 16:49
Wow, I NEVER expected this news!!! But.........

TOLDO SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT UNTILL 2011!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, 2 new seasons!)

It's official on inter.it. Great news for me, he is one of the greatest persons in the footballworld! I really love Toldo! One of the best keepers EVER!

Jimmy
02 Mar 09, 17:19
That is really good news, and I thought he was a lost case after this season, and we'd see Viviano. I've always maintained that Toldo plays a huge part to that Julio plays the way he does. We noticed that Julio started to perform like a mad-man again as soon as Toldo returned from injury.

Let's hope he plays on Wednesday. It always feels weird to see him on the bench.

lonewolf19
02 Mar 09, 22:57
Grande Toldone. Honor and hats off to him.
He will retire with Inter and we should loan Viviano out to let him get first team experience. Hopefully, he can then replace Toldo in two years time or show enough talent to beat JC (I doubt this)

Drake44444
03 Mar 09, 00:30
No one is beating JC again anytime soon. Here's to hoping Toldo picks up some more yellows on the sidelines!

Handoyo
03 Mar 09, 01:05
One smilie described my feelings when I read the news: :proud:

I dare anyone to find a 2nd goalkeeper who is in Toldo's class, both on and off the pitch. Words can't explain how big of a legend this guy is. Hopefully we'll see him against Samp!

A.l.i
03 Mar 09, 12:57
What a legend ! Grande Toldone.

Ilkinio
14 Jul 09, 10:40
Toldo received head injury during yesterday's training.

lonewolf19
02 Dec 09, 01:38
Happy 38 Toldone!

ionutmt
02 Dec 09, 06:58
Buon compleanno Toldone! :)

sergiu.inter
02 Dec 09, 08:21
Happy Bday Toldonee!!

rockball
02 Dec 09, 09:08
Toldone. Il legend.

Xoonky
02 Dec 09, 10:21
Happy bday, legendary Toldo!

Besnik
02 Dec 09, 10:37
Happy birthday Toldone, our grandpa :D

junior55
02 Dec 09, 15:06
Happy birthday toldo , you have been great but i think he should retire next season. J.cesar is missing some competion over there and a younger gk such as viviano cuold give this to us next season . Of course j.cesar is a profesional player but some competion can make him more motivated to give his all in training.

highbreed32
02 Dec 09, 16:12
Happy birthday toldo , you have been great but i think he should retire next season. J.cesar is missing some competion over there and a younger gk such as viviano cuold give this to us next season . Of course j.cesar is a profesional player but some competion can make him more motivated to give his all in training.

I wouldn't mind having Toldo for a few more seasons - just enough time for Viviano to get sufficient playing experience in 'lesser' Serie A teams.

junior55
02 Dec 09, 16:29
I wouldn't mind having Toldo for a few more seasons - just enough time for Viviano to get sufficient playing experience in 'lesser' Serie A teams.

few more seasons ???? but isn't he 38 , i know gk last longer but still playing at inter when 40 is a little too much.
Viviano already has gain enough experience from his seasons with bolgna and breshia so he is ready to our 2nd gk and if worthy the first one....

K H A L E D
01 Jan 10, 05:57
http://inter.it/aas/img/124743.jpg

hahahaha

A.l.i
01 Jan 10, 13:45
http://inter.it/aas/img/124743.jpg

:proud: LEGENDS

Orlandoni could have got rid of that Barbie wristwatch. :P

P.S What a forgotten Legend Toldone is.

Stoppani
27 Jan 10, 02:26
I'd like to see the legendary TOLDONE against Jube in Coppa Italia!!!
Who know...maybe he can score against Buffon from a corner kick again!:D
(Hope ain't necessary cause we interisti have very frail hearts!)

coolmavs
27 Jan 10, 03:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxXJ2d_vP4

Had to relive this moment..lolz.....

maxw
28 Jan 10, 19:52
OMFG :rolleyes:

Besnik
28 Jan 10, 20:42
Screw you Toldone, you almost ruined our match!!! :D

maxw
28 Jan 10, 20:58
You're still a legend though, it's cool :)

But the other day I found out that he started his career with AC Merda :O

Xoonky
28 Jan 10, 21:43
Lol, don't worry, you're still a legend for us, Toldone! That mistake must have hurt though, it sure hurt me.

The Fresh Prince
29 Jan 10, 01:06
I actually feel sorry for Toldo. He could've gotten more out of his career or at least the prime of his career if he would have gone to another club. Don't get me wrong - I'm proud of us having a legend like Toldo as backup, but on the other hand, with his capacities, he deserved to play more.

rockball
29 Jan 10, 08:46
He was far more unlucky in his international career. He was great during Euro 2000 but then Buffon happened.

F U C K MILAN
29 Jan 10, 09:12
felt bad for him yesterday lol, but man i love this guy, very professional and u never hear him say anything bad, always supporting the team, kind of has the same role as materazzi, back up who is a positive influence on the squad, forza toldone

Stefan
27 Mar 10, 10:08
Toldo wants a meeting with moratti and co. Unhappy to be relegated to third choice from next season.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttomercatoweb.com%2 F%3Faction%3Dread%26id%3D200185&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Suneet
27 Mar 10, 12:21
Well, I feel sorry for him, but if he wants to play I'm sure he will be let go.

Universe
27 Mar 10, 14:39
Who do we prefer as our back-up to JC? Castellazzi or Toldo?

As much as I respect Toldo for the years of great goalkeeping, he's too old now. I don't want to see him become a fucking Ballotta..

Thus I prefer Castellazzi.

Pajo
27 Mar 10, 14:50
Well, if you want, and most of us do, than Castelazzi... But i still have too much respect for Toldo, and i'd like him to be second keeper... He never plays anyway... :)
But who knows, god forbid, JC might have some injury..

Handoyo
27 Mar 10, 17:08
Head says Castelazzi, heart says FRANCESCO FREAKING TOLDO.

Inter Siamo Noi
27 Mar 10, 19:44
Toldo, without doubt.
Also, I don't want Castelazzi, I prefer give chance to Belec.

DIN011
27 Mar 10, 19:53
Toldo, without doubt.
Belec sucks.

Efrain21C
28 Mar 10, 03:59
Toldo, without doubt.

I prefer Viviano

GrandeInter10
28 Mar 10, 07:09
Belec sucks.+1 on the tour of the US I saw him in person (sat about 15 feet behind his goal) training before the match and in the first half. Geez. Not Inter quality.

vitomins
31 Mar 10, 14:55
Orlandoni > Belec

DIN011
31 Mar 10, 17:12
Orlandoni > Belec

Vito > Belec. :)

jmaster
03 Apr 10, 09:53
Inter Offer Francesco Toldo Director's Role - Report

The veteran goalkeeper is set to stay with the club for the long term...

Inter have offered Francesco Toldo a directors role for 2011, and he is set to accept their proposal, according to La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

Toldo has met with president Massimo Moratti who offered him the chance to follow in Luis Figo's footsteps and become a director when his deal expires at the end of next season.

His current contract runs out after the 2010/11 term, and he will undertake a role off the pitch. The new agreement was born out of the idea that Toldo was not prepared to be relegated in the pecking order.

Luca Castellazzi is expected to arrive from Sampdoria in the summer as Julio Cesar's understudy. The move would see Toldo become third choice.

Nevertheless, he is likely to agree to the offer and stay on.

Stefan
03 Apr 10, 09:53
It seems toldo will follow figo and become a director at inter.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttomercatoweb.com%2 Finter%2F%3Faction%3Dread%26idtmw%3D201157&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

dynasty27
03 Apr 10, 09:54
wow thx for the info. jmaster was seconds faster...

jmaster
03 Apr 10, 09:57
I didn't want to see him go, and just retire without a position in Inter's staff. That's a great move from Inter, well done!

TOLDONE :D

Besnik
03 Apr 10, 10:28
Toldone :proud:

Universe
03 Apr 10, 11:59
Why do we give these former players directors roles? What expertise do they have in this field? What does this field even involve?

Tanel
03 Apr 10, 12:46
the person that attracted me to Inter. what a player, glad to see him remain wiht us.

ALAIN7
04 Apr 10, 11:00
+1 on the tour of the US I saw him in person (sat about 15 feet behind his goal) training before the match and in the first half. Geez. Not Inter quality.

Milan quality then? :dielaugh:

rockball
04 Apr 10, 18:00
What does a director do? And how many would we have?

I suppose Zanetti, Cordoba, Stankovic, Cambiasso could all become directors seeing as they would all retire here.

ALAIN7
04 Apr 10, 18:28
What does a director do? And how many would we have?

I suppose Zanetti, Cordoba, Stankovic, Cambiasso could all become directors seeing as they would all retire here.

A director like Gabriele Oriali is a transfer market consultant and first-team representative. Our main director (which is in charge of transfers) is Marco Branca.

Vincenzo Coccotti
04 Apr 10, 19:24
Why do we give these former players directors roles? What expertise do they have in this field? What does this field even involve?

The fact that they're former footballers players looks great on their CV. Toldo/Figo know how the club works, how it behaves and what the job entails. They probably have a few 'contacts' too.

Also remember both were fantastic, fantastic players, having them on the board could attract players to Inter.

thorn
04 Apr 10, 21:58
Theyd be very useful in transfer market as these guys are legends and Idols of upcoming players.

kova9
22 May 10, 21:37
Congratulations Toldone and thank you!!!

Efrain21C
23 May 10, 03:16
I heard that he's retiring...

Stefan
23 May 10, 03:24
Orlandoni is retiring, toldo is still deciding as far as I have heard.

Bes
23 May 10, 03:48
We have Vid Belec :D :lol:

Stefan
23 May 10, 03:50
We have Vid Belec :D :lol:

We have castelazzi as the new second. Belec is probably going to be loaned to lecce.:)

Efrain21C
23 May 10, 05:36
Orlandoni is retiring, toldo is still deciding as far as I have heard.

as far as the commentators on FOX SPORTS said on the game, Toldo had his last game with us last night, but well, what a way to put an end to it, winning a CL title, that's what I call a dream end

Rimpel
23 May 10, 09:22
lol toldone looked mental (like JZ) during the celebrations :lol: in a good way

Alex de Large
24 May 10, 23:16
Grande Toldo.

blackmore
08 Jun 10, 01:55
dont go toldo...retire here with us man!!!

http://translate.google.com.sg/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/&ei=iaINTPHhIs-xrAeF8vXJCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDQQ7gEwAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcalciomercato%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4AC AW_enSG376SG377

Stefan
10 Jun 10, 13:29
Toldo has lots of offers but prefers to stay at inter.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttomercatoweb.com%2 Finter%2F%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D20991&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

lonewolf19
10 Jun 10, 13:44
Hope that is true. Grande Toldone!!!!

Stefan
17 Jun 10, 09:15
Toldo will meet with inter today. Its expect that he will retire.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/inter/?action=read&idnotizia=21433

CafeCordoba
18 Jun 10, 07:53
According to this story, Toldo will retire and continues to work at Inter, perhaps in Inter Campus project.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2F%3Faction%3Dre ad%26idnotizia%3D21497

La_Beneamata
18 Jun 10, 07:58
Thanks Toldo, you will always be part of our history. I hope they let him be a coach for the club, he seems to have a really great personality, very calm and collected - suitable for the role of teacher the younger generation how to be professionals!

vassago
18 Jun 10, 16:46
thank you for everything Toldone...you are a legend to us there for just become something important in our club management;)

Maslany
18 Jun 10, 17:21
Toldo is one of the few loyal Inter soldiers. He will always be a living legend for us. Grazie per tutti Toldo :proud:

Dylan
18 Jun 10, 22:34
:cry: Thank you Toldone. La Grande.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxXJ2d_vP4

!!!

blackmore
19 Jun 10, 01:19
haha love how he just stood there after it came of his knee. grazie toldo, you fucking legend!!!

rockball
19 Jun 10, 07:03
:proud: La Grande Interista!

Besnik
19 Jun 10, 07:13
One of the greatest Inter goalkeepers.. :proud:

Thank you Toldone, for everything. You will always remain as Inter legend. GRANDE!!!!!!

Inter Siamo Noi
19 Jun 10, 08:31
GRAZIE TOLDO. GRAZIE!

Wallace
19 Jun 10, 09:36
Legend, I still remember I witnessed his one man show against Valencia that got us to CL semi final in 2002, and I will forever remember that performance.

Pity I can't find that game anymore.

Grazie Toldone!!!

Bes
19 Jun 10, 10:58
Grande Toldone! Always in our hearts! :star:

Alex de Large
19 Jun 10, 13:30
He should be in La Grande absolutely.

Baldrick
19 Jun 10, 13:39
One of the best Italian goalkeepers ....EVER....

Handoyo
19 Jun 10, 14:50
Don't forget how he went bonkers @ the Mestalla in 2007. :proud:

Grazie Toldone. Uno di noi per sempre! :star:

rockball
19 Jun 10, 17:01
He was always epic against Valencia. That triple save, catching Cordoba's throat :lol: and of course the 2007 brawl!!

La Bling
20 Jun 10, 00:09
He should be in La Grande absolutely.

I think you meant to post that in Quaresma's thread. :lol:

But seriously, I can't remember Inter without Toldo. I'll miss seeing him with Materazzi on the bench.

mexican_azzurri
20 Jun 10, 04:39
Grande Toldone, Grazie per la sempre emozione e fidelitá. :proud:

Barbas
20 Jun 10, 13:05
He was always epic against Valencia. That triple save, catching Cordoba's throat :lol: and of course the 2007 brawl!!

when was that? i only remember the same incident with Di Biagio.

sergiu.inter
20 Jun 10, 14:07
Grazie Toldone. Sempre Uno di Noi ;)

Universe
20 Jun 10, 16:11
I missed an official link where it says Toldo has retired.

Stefan
20 Jun 10, 16:28
Thread moved back. Lets wait for official confirmation.

interlab
20 Jun 10, 17:23
damn its to hard :S, i had very difficult to see J.C before Toldone back then and now i have difficult to see him even leave our bench:palm: , hope he becomes part of staff

A.l.i
20 Jun 10, 19:36
hope he becomes part of staff

Every player who retires at Inter should become a part of our staff. :P

Stefan
30 Jun 10, 13:49
Toldo will announce his retirement soon according to mediaset.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinter1908.it%2F%3Fa ction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D8156&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Tutti Pazzi Per Materazzi
30 Jun 10, 14:00
This is heartbreaking, seriously. :(

brehme1989
30 Jun 10, 19:13
The living legend has decided its time :)

Love the guy, hope he remains at the club with some role.
He was magical on some days, was hanged by his defence a lot of times during the first Mancini years, but he was always our Giant.

K.I.
30 Jun 10, 19:38
He deserved to be a starter, but he made his choice to stay on as our 2nd goalkeeper and i hope he was happy with his choice and i definately will respect him for that choice. One of our legends no doubt.

Bob Sacamano
30 Jun 10, 20:19
Never complained to be a substitute the last seasons, and when he played he did most of the time very well, he became a true Interista. Francesco, thanks for all!

A.l.i
30 Jun 10, 21:12
LEGEND TOLDONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be brilliant to see him in our staff.

Tanel
30 Jun 10, 22:47
Will forever remain the player that is closest to my heart because he brought me to this club that is closest to my heart. I support Inter because of Toldo, odd enough it being. A true legend that never got the recognition he deserved because he happened to be one of the best at the wrong time. Had there not been Buffon, we'd talk about Toldo as one of the best goalkeepers of this decade, but now the rest of the world will probably forget him. We won't though!

And my fondest memory of him - him breaking into the Valencia breaking room. LEGENDARY! It's amazing how involved and how happy can one be even when he's not playing. He might've not played that much, but atleast he has all the medals he deserves now.

Inter Siamo Noi
01 Jul 10, 08:00
GRAZIE TOLDONE!

William
04 Jul 10, 15:11
He never complained about being a sub as he simply just ins't good enough to complain about not getting a match in recent seasons. Completely respect him as he stayed on knowing that he would never get a game as long as JC was fit but he helped with moral and provided support from the bench.

thorn
04 Jul 10, 18:51
He never complained about being a sub as he simply just ins't good enough to complain about not getting a match in recent seasons. Completely respect him as he stayed on knowing that he would never get a game as long as JC was fit but he helped with moral and provided support from the bench.
but he could have move to a club where he can play first team football.JC has been better then him for sometime but there are a lot of teams that would have wanted his services and some of them been big teams because i dont see too many good GKs apart from serie A teams.so like you said he deserves a lot of respect..

Inter Siamo Noi
05 Jul 10, 12:05
OFFICIAL: TOLDONE RETIRED.
http://www.inter.it/aas/squadra/index?L=en

rockball
05 Jul 10, 13:30
Grazie Toldone. You're signing off in style with a treble.

Alessandro
05 Jul 10, 13:32
Grande Toldo!

Besnik
05 Jul 10, 13:36
What a great honor to have him as a great past legacy.

Grande Toldone!! :proud:

dynasty27
05 Jul 10, 14:58
VILLA SANT'ANGELO - Sunday was a special day in the Italian region of Abruzzo, thanks to Inter Campus. Over 400 people took part in a festival of football and fun in the town of Villa Sant'Angelo, at the heart of the area struck by that terrible earthquake last year.

The local population were given a SpeedBOL mini-pitch, a multipurpose pitch created by which can been seen as a first step towards improving the quality of free time for those who inhabit the area.

The pitch was handed over by Francesco Toldo, who took part in the entire event, signing autographs and posing for photos with the local children.

"It is a moment of renaissance for Abruzzo," said the Inter goalkeeper. "All these people and all of Italy suffered for what happened, and we hope that a pitch can give joy to these children who have lost a lot in a disaster that we can't even imagine.

"We are giving them back their right to play and and I think we all have to recognise the extraordinary job done by Inter Campus, which is led by fantastic people."

Also present in Abruzzo were Inter Club Coordination Centre president Fausto Sala and coordinators of the local Inter Clubs, including Alfredo Amante who helped coordinate the relief effort after last year's earthquake.

I like our project of Inter Campus, there are some videos from the past on the Inter youtube channel.

Also a big thank you to Toldone!

DIN011
06 Jul 10, 12:49
Move him to LGI, fellas.

Kraits
06 Jul 10, 16:17
yea he is no longer in the inter squad list........

Stefan
06 Jul 10, 20:56
Moved since inter.it removed him.

Bes
06 Jul 10, 22:46
Grazie Toldone. Always in our hearts.

lonewolf19
07 Jul 10, 00:12
Grazie Toldone. Forever with us.
Anyone know what is Toldone's official role for us?

Venom
07 Jul 10, 06:27
I'm dying to watch his triple save againt Valencia in the CL...
Could anybody upload it here?

Efrain21C
07 Jul 10, 11:11
Thanks for Everything Toldo :(

alvaro
07 Jul 10, 13:49

How did your holidays go and what are your projects for the future?
"The holidays went well. It will be a long holiday this year because I will stop playing. This is the first time I have said it officially and I'm quite emotional because it has been my job for twenty years. However, I will continue to work at Inter and collaborate with Inter Campus to help increase the awareness of this already well-known programme."

- - - - -

Always a true professional, grazie Toldo.

Tutti Pazzi Per Materazzi
07 Jul 10, 15:30
One of my all time favourite goalkeepers. EC 2000, the goal vs juve, amazing saves against Valencia... some memories forever in my mind. Great guy on and off the pitch.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/8a/fullj.e65688013b62733ed79339ea07ecddc3/e65688013b62733ed79339ea07ecddc3-getty-fbl-eur-c1-ger-ita-bayern-_inter.jpg

Grazie campione. :star:

Luca-22
07 Jul 10, 15:39
I still remember the penalty shootout against the dutch NT in 2000 :proud: FAN-TAS-TIC grazie toldone

Suneet
07 Jul 10, 15:46
Who can forget how he stood up in the brawl at the Mestalla? :proud:

Campione
07 Jul 10, 16:42
Grazie Toldo. Nerazzurro per sempre... I was still a little boy but clearly remember his performance against Holland in 2000 - simply amazing. Also his goal against Juve was fucking awesome.

sergiu.inter
07 Jul 10, 17:54
Grazie Toldone :proud:

cloudq
07 Jul 10, 18:24
good luck as an inter director...

you just know hes going to be offered a job in the inter set-up

cloudq
07 Jul 10, 18:25
Who can forget how he stood up in the brawl at the Mestalla? :proud:

single handedly deserves to be in LGI because he snuck into that valencia locker room

Kato
07 Jul 10, 18:50
ahh never forget this guy. Standing next to him in Inter Club London and feeling like i was 5 yrs old :D Then bumping into him in Milano again a year later and him remembering & saying hi. Great guy. And yes, Mestalla locker room :D

el_dude
07 Jul 10, 21:12
Grande Toldo. A sad day for all Interisti.

...luckily he will be staying with the club in a desk role. perhaps we will see him in the stands or on the bench in time

pazzainteramala
08 Jul 10, 04:39
grazie toldone :)

Michael
08 Jul 10, 06:00
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2208/635p.jpghttp://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7690/635q.jpg

THE GOALKEEPER HAS STOPPED AND TALKED ABOUT THE FUTURE AT INTER CAMPUS AND THE RIVALRY WITH THE BRAZILIAN. WHO IS THE BEST? "IBRA, BATI, DEL PIERO AND MONTELLA."

"Perfect game": Toldo after one of the three saved penalties in the semi-final of Euro 2000 between Holland and Italy. "My best game and it's better than Fiorentina-Arsenal and Valencia-Inter."

"I mocked Buffon": "The goal against Juventus in 2002 was a pearl. It erased the brawl in Valencia. I lost my head and I went to do me justice in the dressing rooms."

"Mou is the best": "Mourinho weighed a lot for the treble. He always has right words, a reward to make you feel important. He is a top coach."

Milan - Branca was in a hurry going to Ghelfi's office to terminate the contract for the player and at the same time sign him to a four-year deal as a manager. Francesco Toldo leaves football with serenity of one who had seen and won everything.

When did you decide to retire?
"Two months before the end of the season. I told myself that if everything went as I wanted the it's time to start another life. On the night in Madrid, I did inform Branca."

And if you had not won it all?
"I would have stayed for the final year of the contract. I also this summer received some offers but I could never wear the shirts other than Inter's and Fiorentina's. Now I will start working with Inter Campus, a wonderful reality."

And yet this was a perfect season with difficult times.
"Yes. Especially between January and February when results did not come. Tension was increased, even in the dressing room. But compared to the past it was a unique synergy between the team, managers and the fans. We all felt the possibility that something specially could happen. We were finally aware of our strength. The turning point was in November with the comeback in Kiev when we were on the brink of elimination. Then taking out Chelsea gave us decisive momentum."

Continue to talk about the dressing room.
"In the team, there are so many strong characters and fighting is not a crime. Indeed, it was an added value. If we didn't have a strong group we would not win the Champions League, Serie A and Italian Cup."

So Balotelli was not the one that created the trouble?
"We all want good things for Mario. He has the intelligence to understand what is right for him and what is not. He must learn from some of his mistakes."

How much did you weigh Mourinho?
"A lot. Even for those who played little. Always had good words to make you feel important. He is the top coach because the way he prepares for the games. But only the weakness are the fossilized memories. I'm sure that Benitez will do well and we won't be regretful."

At first, living with Julio Cesar was not easy.
"When Julio came, Inter did not tell me that I would become the second choice. Also because otherwise I would leave. He started so well. And he exploded. He also found me as a competitor and a loyal friend. I accepted that role and I chose to stay at Inter because Inter are my family."

In which, Italians are lacking...
"True. And for me this was a source of pride. That being said, if the regulations allow us to play many foreigners then I don't see how this is Inter's fault." :thumbsup:

The strongest defender you played with?
"Cordoba. Great physical strength, elevation and hunger. A great security for the team."

The most dangerous striker?
"Batistuta, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero and Montella."

Which one is harder to digest? The final lost to France in Euro 2005 or May 5th at the Olimpico?
"On May 5th. Although it is not worth going back because the facts showed that this was a distorted Scudetto. Yes we collapsed against Lazio, but if certain things didn't happen we would have won by 10 points. It seems like 30 years ago. Not eight." :proud::proud::proud:

Your best matches?
"Holland-Italy, against Arsenal in Viola shirt and Valencia-Inter where I saved everything. And the best of all: the goal against Juve."

The worst night?
"The brawl in Valencia. At fist, I tried to restrain Burdisso to avoid trouble but then he became the target for the hand of Navarro. I lost my head. I even threw him into the Valencia dressing room."

The future of Buffon, Marchetti or Sirigu?
"Prandelli will decide. But now I hope Italian schools will shine once more. With children who are feeling invincible on the field. And if you are not convincing then you could take the goal. You are part of a group, but in fact you are always alone."

Who would you like to thank?
"Too many. For now it is the fans. Who were with me even in bad times. My sons Alessandro and Andrea. And especially to my wife Manuela."

ekray
08 Jul 10, 08:46
I'm dying to watch his triple save againt Valencia in the CL...
Could anybody upload it here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8TZpI9Pv40&feature=related

The triple save is at the end of the video, around 6:45.

Amazing, legend.
I was almost in tears when he saved those penalties against Netherlands

jura
08 Jul 10, 12:34
Thanks for everything Toldo! We will never forget you. It's really sad to see star players retire :(

Baldrick
08 Jul 10, 15:22
Grande Toldo :)

Puma
09 Jul 10, 08:34
Friday 9 July, 2010
Blog: Tribute to Toldo

Maybe it was finding out that his Inter teammates had nicked his gloves that persuaded Francesco Toldo to call time on a remarkable career between the sticks. “At times they used to hide them,” he laughed. “I’d find them hung up on different trees.”

Those gloves are now finally hung up for real and although Toldo spent the last five years making no more than 20 appearances in Serie A, he can undoubtedly look back on his two decades in Italian football with an immense feeling of accomplishment, having distinguished himself out as one of the finest goalkeepers of his generation.

Interviewed in yesterday’s La Gazzetta dello Sport, Toldo said: “I hope with all my heart that the Italian school shines again.” The 38-year-old was referring to Italy’s tradition of producing great shot-stoppers of which he is part, such as Dino Zoff and Enrico Albertosi in the `70s, Franco Tancredi, Walter Zenga and Stefano Tacconi in the `80s and Gianluca Pagliuca and Angelo Peruzzi in the ‘90s.

Toldo’s misfortune was to find competition from the irrepressible Gigi Buffon. Yet time and again, he would find a way to step out from his rival’s shadow, no more so than at Euro 2000. Buffon missed that tournament after breaking his wrist in a friendly against Norway, but his absence wasn’t felt.

In the semi-final against Holland, Toldo saw off two penalties in normal time, saving one from Frank De Boer before watching another taken by Patrick Kluivert hit the post. Italy had been down to 10 men since the 34th minute following Gianluca Zambrotta’s sending off. Journalists would later claim that Toldo’s exploits convinced the Azzurri to play for a shoot-out. He didn’t disappoint, saving once again from De Boer and Paul Bosvelt to book Italy’s place in the European Championship Final.

“People still stop me in the street and remind me of that game,” says Toldo. “In those cases doubt creeps into my mind – is that the only thing I did in my career?” The answer is obviously ‘no’. In 1996, when Buffon was still just emerging, Toldo was an inspiration alongside Gabi Batistuta and Manuel Rui Costa in the Fiorentina side that won the club its first Coppa Italia for 21 years, a feat he would help them repeat in 2001.

At Inter, he was a member of the side that notoriously choked on May 5, 2002, but that season was still remarkable from an individual point of view for the fact that Toldone scored a dramatic 95th minute equaliser against Juventus.

And just as Buffon came to eclipse him with La Nazionale, another great goalkeeper, Julio Cesar, would eventually keep him out of the Inter team. But Toldo remained a consummate professional throughout, becoming what Italians call a uomo-spogliatoio, literally a man of the dressing room who keeps morale high and uses his experiences to help his teammates.

“When Julio Cesar became a regular, I understood that it wouldn’t be right to throw a spanner in his works so I tried to resolve any tense situations with a joke while helping the group from the bench,” Toldo later explained.

Just how he would help became clear against Siena on May 16. “I kept a ball hidden under the bench, ready to throw it on to the pitch if need be. A few seconds before the end, I looked around me like a child and kicked it on to the field to waste time. The referee saw me and booked me, while all my teammates took the mickey out of me.”

Italy needs more Toldos, not just from a goalkeeping perspective. His professionalism, talent and perhaps even his furbizia – the sort of cunning that earns respect on the peninsula – mark him out as the quintessential Italian footballer.

http://www.football-italia.net/blogs/jh107.html

Luka
09 Jul 10, 08:55
Legend.

lonewolf19
09 Jul 10, 10:16
Just how he would help became clear against Siena on May 16. “I kept a ball hidden under the bench, ready to throw it on to the pitch if need be. A few seconds before the end, I looked around me like a child and kicked it on to the field to waste time. The referee saw me and booked me, while all my teammates took the mickey out of me.”

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Kraits
09 Jul 10, 12:06
Really ?? Haha :D:D:D nice one Toldo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interista nr.1
09 Jul 10, 13:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zeLoS0arkU

Nero Indigo
10 Jul 10, 11:26
LEGENDARY!

Sewelly
10 Jul 10, 13:38
To be first choice for so long, and then having the humility to be backup for 5 years...fantastic. Respect and undoubtedly a legend.

A.l.i
10 Jul 10, 15:53
LEGEND !!!!!! :proud:

Adriano@10
15 Jul 10, 10:16
Legend is all you can say i will never forget his euro 2000 performances they were just sick. Also he was one of the best while with us sadly he was unlucky to have gigi in front of him in the nt and then jc here at inter.
Still it s unbelievable that he stayed here as a backup considering that in his first year on the bench he still would have been a starter at most clubs.

Besnik
02 Dec 10, 19:25
Happy birthday Grande Toldone!! :proud:

Dylan
02 Dec 10, 20:45
Happy Birthday you legend!

DIN011
02 Dec 10, 20:54
Happy bday, Toldone! :)

jmaster
02 Dec 10, 21:02
Happy Birthday Toldo! A true great!

Ana Banana
02 Dec 10, 21:04
Augurissimi Toldone, happy birthday!

|| WS10 ||
03 Dec 10, 04:33
Happy Birthday Toldo

Inter Siamo Noi
03 Dec 10, 08:47
Happy birthday legend!

I saw him last tuesday in Israel!!! :)

I got a picture and photograph from him.

Batman
03 Dec 10, 09:19
Happy birthday Toldone..

sergiu.inter
04 Dec 10, 10:46
Happy Bday ;)

lonewolf19
04 Dec 10, 13:53
Happy Bday Toldone

pazzainteramala
04 Dec 10, 19:37
happy bday toldone !!!!

Dylan
11 Jun 11, 10:59
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=36645&L=en

SpecialOne
12 Jun 11, 17:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doDnymF65c4

Domenico
13 Jun 11, 08:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doDnymF65c4

Best goal ever.

Suneet
13 Jun 11, 11:00
I dont know how I celebrated that goal, but I remember I went all crazy. I was listening to Scarpini, no TV telecast then..