PDA

View Full Version : Francesco Toldo

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Panchos from Ukraine
20 Oct 04, 13:57
Hello!

What's happening with Toldo? Why does Mancini ignore our legend? :frustrat:

I think that Moratti wants to sale Francesko...It is not a good action IMHO. I like Toldo and I think he's the great goalkeeper.

What do you think about Toldo's pespectives in Inter?

Jake
20 Oct 04, 19:00
Hello!

What do you think about Toldo's pespectives in Inter?

Doesn't look good. Mancini excluded him from the starting lineup again.

SB9Dragon
20 Oct 04, 23:20
Its a shame that Toldo isn't starting, but currently Toldo is going through a rough patch and Fontana isn't so its better to start the more on form man. Mancini said he'd do that and he is.

Mikkel
21 Oct 04, 11:49
Well It's kinda good that he don't start...Just look at how Fontana are playing righ now....He have got his second air and that is amasing the guy is 37. Well as it looks now Frey are comming to us in January and Toldo are leaving us maybe to Parma. And I would be very pleased if that happen. Not that I have enything against Toldo but he haven't played well for some time now and it's time for us to get a young and proven goalkeeper. And no I don't trust Carini.

Frisko
21 Oct 04, 12:40
Toldo is a major issue now. As much as I love the guy, I got to be honest and say that Fontana did just great so far. Who's gonna play the derby? That's very tricky. If Toldone plays, and we concede goals, he could get the blame. If he goes on the bench, that would be a major blow too.

As I said, tricky stuff...

Ziyad
21 Oct 04, 12:48
I think its great that we have a healthy competition in every possible position even goalkeepers...I think alot will be determined about Toldo in the next two games against Milan and Lecce..

Frisko
21 Oct 04, 12:57
I think its great that we have a healthy competition in every possible position even goalkeepers...I think alot will be determined about Toldo in the next two games against Milan and Lecce..

That is IF Toldo plays...

If he comes back against Milan that would be hard for him. We often concede lots of goals against them, and the keeper always gets the blame...

Gismo
21 Oct 04, 12:59
I acknowledge everything Toldo has done for us. But for now Fontana is my first choice goalkeeper.

Ziyad
21 Oct 04, 13:23

That is IF Toldo plays...

Thats what i meant...the fact that he plays or not is what will determine him staying or not

SB9Dragon
21 Oct 04, 23:11
I agree Gismo.

Toldo has been the main man behind the sticks for the past few seasons. But his rough patch just doesn't seem to want to end so its best to start Fontana instead who is on form.

Gaetan
22 Oct 04, 03:39
Mancio is simply doing what he feels best, and if he doesn't see Toldo fit to start as our goalkeeper then so be it. Toldone has obviously been a force and has just hit a rough patch, nothing more then that.

However, i am shocked by how Toldo has reacted to his benching. For the past 3 seasons he's been a regular and the one time he's ever had to sit out and not be a starter he's already unhappy and has talked to the media about it. That isn't good at all, i expected better from him.

cool_cuchu
22 Oct 04, 04:37
well, every player can benched....
even il capitano now accept the bench, and toldo just have to have faith in the coach, that the coach wants to bring the best in him...

Gismo
22 Oct 04, 16:31
If Toldo is dissatisfied it is only a manifestation of his great mentality. :strong: You see, this is why competition for all spots is so healthy. It normally spurs the players up so they perform better. Let´s hope this will be the case for Toldo!

And I can´t find anything on the Internet about him even commenting on his situation. Link, plz? :)

Frisko
22 Oct 04, 20:52
Benching J Zanetti and Toldone... surely Mancini has got balls!

mohamad_1978
25 Oct 04, 02:20
it is the worrest thing i mean they gave veiri alot of chances and he is stell one of the worrest players we have and they will stell giveing him chances while they refuse to give toldo 2nd chance ? yes fontana is super but toldo is our first goal keeper and it wasnt his mistakes

so shame it will end like this . i cant see inter without toldo .. who will replace him ? for me now fontana is best choise but he is too old . and if this mean bringing frey . NO NO NO NO he is good GK but never great GK alot of easy goals he get he is never like bufon or toldo .

Gismo
25 Oct 04, 16:57
Fontana should be the new number 1. After his sublim performances he deserves it. And I believe Fontana can do more for us right now. Sad for Toldone, but this is Inter. Not FC Toldo.

As for Frey (http://www.forza-inter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=868): I consider him the best keeper in the world.

Frisko
25 Oct 04, 18:02
Fontana concluded: "It's a great satisfaction to be in my fourth year at Inter. I work to make myself ready for when I'm called into action. I'm at the service of the club and the team. I'm pleased about the compliments, but the important thing is that it's Inter that achieves success. I work for this."

From Inter.it

:proud:

Bart
25 Oct 04, 19:04
Surely Fontana is the best reserve goalie in the Serie A. Abbiati and Chimenti can tight his shoes at this moment. However, Toldo will return. He's still world class and just needs a rest in order to stay at this level. And when we consider that we have also an experienced 3rd goalkeeper... btw, is that truth Carini can't play due to too many non-UE players?

InteristaMensur
25 Oct 04, 20:26
Guys I love Toldo I really do , but I have to be honest that in last and this season he sux. :depress:
Because I still love very much :proud: I would like him to stay at inter and be beckup for Fray

intermilansg
27 Oct 04, 17:13
Toldo will be the next player dumped by Inter, just like many before him. Come January i can forsee a new keeper for us. :rolleyes:

Bianconeri
28 Oct 04, 10:48
Surely Fontana is the best reserve goalie in the Serie A. Abbiati and Chimenti can tight his shoes at this moment. However, Toldo will return. He's still world class and just needs a rest in order to stay at this level. And when we consider that we have also an experienced 3rd goalkeeper... btw, is that truth Carini can't play due to too many non-UE players?

no no no, Chimenti sucks, Gismo said so... :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, Fontana has been excellent lately (didn't see the Lecce-game though...) so he deserves the starting spot right now...

And Frisko, I'm not going to forget this

Toldo=Buffon

:D

Gismo
28 Oct 04, 14:47
This won´t get you far, mister. Never said such thing about Chimenti.

Frisko
28 Oct 04, 16:47
Well Erkka, we were talking about the overall abilities of a player, and I really think over the years Toldo has proven to be as strong as Buffon.

He was even better than him in 2000, when his performance at Euro 2000 made him the best keeper in the world.

Buffon is the best now after Dida, I don't deny it, but Toldo is not finished.

interafei
29 Oct 04, 03:50
Mancini should give him a chance to show himself ,I hold the view that he is our NO.1 goalkeeper all the time though his form is not very good. if he leave off England ,we will lose a nice player lik Pierlo.meanwhile ,Toldo burdens all resbonsibilities,but it's not his own foul,the defenders and the squad should share the resbonsibilities.

Toldo ,don't go! you are the saint Toldo for ever.

Mikkel
29 Oct 04, 14:19
I don't think we should, we need a goal keeper we can trust and we can do so with Fontana, wheile Toldo is unrelible, I personaly think there is more to it then we now. I actualy think that some of our defenders simply don't trust him. And if Toldo dosen't have the defenders trust he should defently not play, because that is one of the moste vital thing on a team.

Gismo
29 Oct 04, 14:34
Goalkeepers I would trade for Toldo:

Frey
Buffon
Valdez

Can´t think of others right now.

Bianconeri
29 Oct 04, 14:34

do you just lie or don't you remember?!

Seriously I think I saw Chimenti once and immediately saw the talent he has.

However it is compared to their rivals Inter and Milan that they need no reinforce...

Inter: Toldo, Carini, Fontana and (Cordaz)

Milan: Dida, Abbiati and Fiori

Juventus: Buffon, Chimenti and Bonnefoi

See the difference? ;)

and this

You say Cordoba is our only world class defender... I disagree. But let´s just say that he is. What have you got: 1 world class CB: Thuram... So even with your own evaluation we would have equal number of world class central defenders. Or is Cannavaro world class? Legro? Zebina? Others?

You have two great midfielders in Nedved and Emerson. The rest is a bunch of talents or average players. :D Good luck...

Your attack: You have 2 good strikers: Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic. Del Piero is over and done while Zalayeta doesn´t have the talent. Lovely for you... hehe

Not to forget you have nice backups for Buffon. :dielaugh:

and... nah, tired of this, just check out yourself from flamers paradise...

Bianconeri
29 Oct 04, 14:38
Well Erkka, we were talking about the overall abilities of a player, and I really think over the years Toldo has proven to be as strong as Buffon.

He was even better than him in 2000, when his performance at Euro 2000 made him the best keeper in the world.

Buffon is the best now after Dida, I don't deny it, but Toldo is not finished.

:cool: Now you remember my name! :D

And as usual, I don't agree with you, Buffon has showed many that he is steady and consistent goalie, while Toldo has been very good just in Euro 2000... And I honestly think that Buffon is the best in the world, he showed that last night too...

Gismo
29 Oct 04, 14:39
I stand by this. Where´s the contradiction? :confused:

Frisko
30 Oct 04, 00:31
I hope Toldo will play tomorrow. I respect Mancini very much for deciding to play Fontana, it shows what fair person he is.

But I think it would be a mistake to play Fontana until he has a bad game, and then introduce Toldo again. Competition is great but must not be turned into fear of making mistakes.

Bianconeri
30 Oct 04, 09:28
no no no, Chimenti sucks, Gismo said so... :rolleyes: :D

Seriously I think I saw Chimenti once and immediately saw the talent he has.

However it is compared to their rivals Inter and Milan that they need no reinforce...

Inter: Toldo, Carini, Fontana and (Cordaz)

Milan: Dida, Abbiati and Fiori

Juventus: Buffon, Chimenti and Bonnefoi

See the difference? ;)

I stand by this. Where´s the contradiction? :confused:

:howler: :dielaugh: So you really are like Kerry, that flip-flopper?! :D

Interforeva
30 Oct 04, 22:34
Wow Toldo really is in the wilderness! I think Fontana has played great but I am a bit surprised that Mancini has been willing to cut Toldo out completly. It will be interesting to see at what point, if any he brings Toldo back.

Gismo
30 Oct 04, 22:46
So I said Chimenti is inferior to Carini/Toldo/Fontana. Where´s the flip-flop?

Marco The Butcher
31 Oct 04, 02:27
I would trade Toldo for Buffon(Not even a thousand hearts would define his class), Cassillas(spelling) :heart: , Canizares :heart: , Given :heart: , Niemi :star: , Kahn and Pelizolli :heart: :star: :proud:

Pod
31 Oct 04, 15:15
I'm really starting to worry that we will never see Toldo again with us. :scared:

cool_cuchu
31 Oct 04, 15:52
well, mancini shouuld start fielding toldo...

fontana is good but if he has to play everygame, he wont be that good...

toldo should be fit and ready by now..

Frisko
31 Oct 04, 16:06
Yet again, yesterday Fontana made an unbelievable save! Lazio took a free kick and Emre deflected it, and Fontana managed to keep his balance, shift the weight of his body from right to left and dive to save us.

A vital save.

cool_cuchu
31 Oct 04, 16:25
Yet again, yesterday Fontana made an unbelievable save! Lazio took a free kick and Emre deflected it, and Fontana managed to keep his balance, shift the weight of his body from right to left and dive to save us.

A vital save.ss

yeah, he's been good.. all of the goals allowed by fontana was unsaveable.. but i dont see any reason why we cant rotate him with toldo

Gismo
31 Oct 04, 16:45
This one, folks. ;)

http://www.inter.it/media/jpg/Part-3458-57222.jpg

Damn... Well go to Inter - Match Centre - Photos.

Bianconeri
02 Nov 04, 08:57

you said that Chimenti and Bonnefoi combined aren't even half Fontana and that we need to buy new goalkeepers, things that simply aren't true (all the credit to Fontana who is one of my favourite Inter-players), but you said that Chimenti and Bonnefoi suck badly, though they are excellent back-ups...

Bianconeri
02 Nov 04, 08:58
I would trade Toldo for Buffon(Not even a thousand hearts would define his class), Cassillas(spelling) :heart: , Canizares :heart: , Given :heart: , Niemi :star: , Kahn and Pelizolli :heart: :star: :proud:

Niemi :star: :heart: He's the reason why Southampton is my favourite in EPL...

Gismo
02 Nov 04, 11:05

you said that Chimenti and Bonnefoi combined aren't even half Fontana and that we need to buy new goalkeepers, things that simply aren't true (all the credit to Fontana who is one of my favourite Inter-players), but you said that Chimenti and Bonnefoi suck badly, though they are excellent back-ups...
For God´s sake, I said what I said. And since I never use the word "suck" you´re putting words into my mouth. Now, I´m sure you already read my comments. Hence you should know my opinion. Chimenti is not a bad keeper, he´s just not on Fontana or Abbiati´s (spelling) level!

In My Bloody Opinion...

Tommi
10 Mar 05, 18:28
Question to Cristiano from Inter.it "What's your opinion of Francesco Toldo's declarations about referees and Juventus?"

What has Toldo said and when? Anyone read anything about this?

Ziyad
10 Mar 05, 21:09
Question to Cristiano from Inter.it "What's your opinion of Francesco Toldo's declarations about referees and Juventus?"

What has Toldo said and when? Anyone read anything about this?

I tried searching for those comments but to no avail...I wanted to know too

Hammoudi
11 Mar 05, 01:18
I think they ment Totti, CZ's ex-teammate.

Hammoudi
11 Mar 05, 01:22
Yep, just like I predicted, it's a typo. This is from the italian version:

Che cosa pensa delle dichiarazioni di Francesco Totti sugli arbitri e sulla Juventus?

"Sinceramente non ci ho mai pensato. Io penso ad andare in campo la domenica e a dare sempre il massimo, queste cose lasciano il tempo che trovano".

Good job inter.it/en! What is happening to you? I bet some of their excellent old employees are gone or something. How can you do a misprint as important as this when you are the official voice of the club?

Pulsar36
11 Mar 05, 04:45
Hey look guys

ONCE THINS IS FOR CERTAIN

IF MAN UTD WANT TOLDO TO LEAD THEM NEXT YEAR
Then Inter is making a mistake of letting him go

Tommi
11 Mar 05, 09:56
Yep, just like I predicted, it's a typo. This is from the italian version:

Che cosa pensa delle dichiarazioni di Francesco Totti sugli arbitri e sulla Juventus?
Well done inspector Hamed. :)

Totti, Toldo, what´s the difference anyway? :D

Handoyo
11 Mar 05, 14:03
Mido, I can't believe that Cech's name slipped off your list. :eek:

Hand;)yo

scutzon
11 Mar 05, 14:17
I don't actually mind Toldo leaving, just not to another Serie A club, especially Milan or Juventus. If he goes to Man Utd, or some other EPL club, then I don't mind. Considering we already have Carini, and Julio Cesar, I don't see the need for Toldo.

Wittmann
14 Mar 05, 14:20
I just read on channel4.com Toldo said he could retire in summer after being hevily criticized by the media and the fans.. :rolleyes:

Toldo is still a very good GK IMO, a couple of mistakes don't change that..BTW, is roumor about Frey to Inter positive to you or not???

Mikkel
14 Mar 05, 15:54
I kinda understand him, the way he have been playing the last year, he should retire. On the other hand it would be nice to get some cash for him. As it looks now we will lose 2 goalies this summer. :eek:

Frisko
14 Mar 05, 19:22
Toldo should not retire. He has 3 options:

1) Stay at Inter as vice-Frey

2) Go to Arsenal (no problems there, no one could be nearly as bad as Lehman)

3) Go to Fiorentina (they would love him to bits).

Hammoudi
14 Mar 05, 19:46
3) Go to Fiorentina (they would love him to bits).

You could rule that out. He said in an interview that that chapter of his life is done.

Granit
21 Apr 05, 13:49
Player of the Week: Toldo (Inter)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Toldo was undoubtedly the hero of Inter’s 1-0 win over Juventus at the Stadio Delle Alpi on Wednesday. The goalkeeper was literally unbeatable, not only helping to maintain his side’s record as Serie A’s most in-form outfit of 2005, but also keeping alive the title hopes of city rivals Milan.

It has not been a great campaign thus far for Toldo, with club owner Massimo Moratti hinting that the veteran ‘keeper may be on his way out at the end of the season. But the 33-year-old has responded in the best way possible.

Against League leaders Juventus in Week 32, the shot-stopper made a string of fantastic saves, most of which came against Zlatan Ibrahimovic. And when he was finally beaten, the frame of the goal came to his aid on two occasions.

After Julio Cruz gave Inter the lead in the first half, it was a dominant second-half display from the Bianconeri, with Toldo making at least three match-winning saves from the super Swede. As well as a fierce free kick from Ibra, Toldo performed heroics again as the international chested down and rifled a shot towards goal, only to see the massive ‘keeper palm it away.

The former Fiorentina man has undoubtedly been one of Inter’s best players since the turn of the year and perhaps deserves to stay at the club for another season. With speculation rife, however, of a possible return for current Parma ‘keeper Sebastien Frey, Toldo’s future at the club remains uncertain.

Although the San Siro giants have lost just once in the League, to neighbours Milan, they are too far off the pace to worry the Serie A leaders. Going out to the Rossoneri in the Champions’ League quarter-finals effectively ended their major goals for the season and could have signaled the end of Toldo’s time in Milan.

Toldo’s early season form with Inter was so indifferent that he was dropped by Roberto Mancini, who favoured veteran Alberto Fontana for a time. However, even he proved unreliable between the sticks as Mancio searched for some consistency at the back. Now, with Toldo back in goal, Inter have the best defensive record of 2005, conceding just 11 - better than both Milan and Juventus.

Whether Toldo is forced out of the Nerazzurri or if he decides to quit the club in the summer remains to be seen. However, one thing is for certain. With so many English clubs desperate for a world class ‘keeper, the former Italian international won’t be short of suitors – especially if he puts in a few more performances like the one against Juventus.

From www.channel4.com

Ari
21 Apr 05, 14:43
Vice-Frey, Francesco? Disgraceful...

I hope Toldo is our no.1 one more year. :)

CafeCordoba
21 Apr 05, 17:02
Vice-Frey, Francesco? Disgraceful...

I hope Toldo is our no.1 one more year. :)

Yeah, that would be hilarious. Toldo in the bench and that French bitch between the black and blue posts. :D

Fabio
21 Apr 05, 17:08
I agree! :D

To change a famous quote:

DA SEMPRE SUPERIORE,

MAI STATE IN PARMA! :finger:

:inter:

Fabio :D

intermilansg
31 May 05, 14:18
SERIE A INVINCIBILITY RECORD FOR INTER
Monday, 30 May 2005 15:10:15

[FOTO Monday, 30 May 2005 15:10:15] MILAN - Francesco Toldo and the Inter defence have finished off the 2004/05 Serie A campaign by setting the seasonal record of minutes played without conceding a goal. Including the 0-0 draw at home to Reggina, no team has scored against Inter for 450 minutes. The Nerazzurri rearguard therefore overtakes the AC Milan defence, which during the course of the season remained unbeaten for 430 minutes.

Who needs a new Keeper? :fero: :stuckup:

Frisko
31 May 05, 19:33
SERIE A INVINCIBILITY RECORD FOR INTER
Monday, 30 May 2005 15:10:15

[FOTO Monday, 30 May 2005 15:10:15] MILAN - Francesco Toldo and the Inter defence have finished off the 2004/05 Serie A campaign by setting the seasonal record of minutes played without conceding a goal. Including the 0-0 draw at home to Reggina, no team has scored against Inter for 450 minutes. The Nerazzurri rearguard therefore overtakes the AC Milan defence, which during the course of the season remained unbeaten for 430 minutes.

Who needs a new Keeper? :fero: :stuckup:

God, the irony!!

Frisko
26 Jun 05, 17:28
Quote from Gazzetta.it.

Toldo:

"Inter, from Serie A/Day 13, have been a different team. We proved we have courage and played good football. Actually, Inter played wonderful football.
I dare anyone to say that we haven't played the best football in Italy".
:proud:

Tommi
26 Jun 05, 21:10
I wonder would it be too much to ask if you´d translate that full Gazzetta interview?

I would appreciate it. No hurries, no worries if you can´t do it. :)

Hammoudi
26 Jun 05, 21:14
I wonder would it be too much to ask if you´d translate that full Gazzetta interview?

I would appreciate it. No hurries, no worries if you can´t do it. :)

Not sure if it's what you want, but Channel 4 has the story in english.

Frisko
26 Jun 05, 22:11
If not, please post the Italian version on the translation thread and I'll try and translate it tomorrow after work.

Gaetan
26 Jun 05, 22:54
Tommi, although this may not be your first option, but in case you didn't know it can also be found on channel4. Here you go:

Francesco Toldo has rejected claims he is no longer of use to Inter and insists he has proved his critics wrong.

“Apart from the newspaper talk of my departure during a difficult time for me, I think that I have done enough to earn my place in the Inter squad for next season,” said the goalkeeper. “I have another year left on my contract and this has been a positive campaign – after four years at this club I finally got to lift a trophy.”

The Coppa Italia was their first piece of silverware for seven years, but it remains a far cry from what the star-studded Nerazzurri were expecting. Throughout the season, the goalkeeper has come under fire and his future put in serious doubt.

“Perhaps overall I did better in my first year at the San Siro, but I think I proved that I am still worthy of Inter. That’s quite an achievement,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’. “I have never wondered whether it’d be my last term here and even under fierce criticism I just grit my teeth and carried on.”

There was talk of 33-year-old Toldo returning to Fiorentina so that he could make way for a new goalkeeper at Inter, or even becoming a ‘teacher’ to young benchwarmer Fabian Carini.

“I realise I’m no longer 20 years of age, but that doesn’t mean I’ve even considered retirement yet. I have understood that any player who thinks he’ll get nothing but praise is sadly misguided. There’s always a time when you’ll be criticised and I accepted that. I tried to zone out the negative side and maintain the constructive comments.”

Tommi
26 Jun 05, 23:11
I do know that Channel4 published part of that interview Hamed and paddle. Thanks anyway. :)

In Gazzetta there was plenty of more. I will post that interview to translation thread now...

Frisko
27 Jun 05, 20:15
I translated the Gazzetta interview, just check the translation thread.

Hammoudi
27 Jun 05, 22:50
I just read on channel4.com Toldo said he could retire in summer after being hevily criticized by the media and the fans.. :rolleyes:

Toldo is still a very good GK IMO, a couple of mistakes don't change that..BTW, is roumor about Frey to Inter positive to you or not???

This was the first thing to hit me on this page! Good old Wittman, I hope he didn't do something to himself.

Frisko
17 Jul 05, 12:02
http://www.inter.it/aas/img/71433.jpg

:eek:

His hair!!

snake
17 Jul 05, 12:59
yeh noticed it a while ago. i like it.

first lampard did it then him.

Kato
17 Jul 05, 13:24
nono.. first Beckham did it.. lol :P or even Cantona before that :D

Frisko
17 Jul 05, 14:20
Grrr at your obsession with Chelsea helal :crazy:

Stefan
17 Jul 05, 15:29
I don't like it. Toldo grow your hair back. :stuckup:

Interista per Sempre
17 Jul 05, 23:18
I also heard that Toldo would be considered as teacher to Fabian Carini.
has anyone else heard this?

-Found the rumor from Soccer Italia magazine
site: www.socceritalia.net

Fabio
17 Jul 05, 23:46
Maybe now Toldo has less hair he can jump onto the ground quicker because there is less stopping him...

Or maybe not! :D

Fabio :(

Fabio
17 Jul 05, 23:47
Toldo would be a worthy teacher to Carini and J.Cesar, not many goalkeepers have his experience and talent to offer to younger 'keepers...

Fabio :star:

Handoyo
18 Jul 05, 12:55
Forza bald. :star:

Off-topic, I'm really pondering whether to cut my hair bald again or not. :confused: I'm a really lazy guy and I haven't done my hair for months already (Forza cap! :star:) and with a bald head, what is there to do with the hair? :D But I look fatter in a bald hairdo. :stress:

Hand;)yo

snake
18 Jul 05, 13:04

Off-topic, I'm really pondering whether to cut my hair bald again or not. :confused: I'm a really lazy guy and I haven't done my hair for months already (Forza cap! :star:) and with a bald head, what is there to do with the hair? :D But I look fatter in a bald hairdo. :stress:

Hand;)yo

lol, im always doing it. i love it. But right now its winter and it gets to cold.

Frisko
18 Jul 05, 18:35
I just got rid of my hair today, I love the way my head feels so light :D

Han stop obsessing about being fat for phuck's sake, you're not fat, and neither is Ronaldo!

Interista per Sempre
18 Jul 05, 19:56

Hand;)yo

Wow thats really off topic from Toldo to ur hairdo. Maybe u should start a thread for suggestions on the type of hair cut u should get :D

Frisko
18 Jul 05, 21:17
He's the master mate, also called Don Han. You're gonna find a horse head in your bed anytime soon now :eek:

Tell all your family and friends to leave the country quick! :dielaugh:

F U C K MILAN
31 Jul 05, 20:49
how do u think toldo is gona preform next year ? is he gonna keep up the good work just like the end of the season or just be as bad as the begining ?

snake
01 Aug 05, 02:12
how do u think toldo is gona preform next year ? is he gonna keep up the good work just like the end of the season or just be as bad as the begining ?

well with Samuel, he should do much better.

But...if it goes wrong J.Cesar is always on standby

shijy
11 Aug 05, 08:58
TOLDO IS A GREAT GK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frisko
11 Aug 05, 10:08
Yeah but will he play? Cesar debut was surely good...

Hammoudi
11 Aug 05, 21:45
Was Toldo injured for the England trip or did he decide to stay home like the other players?

Frisko
11 Aug 05, 21:52
I really don't think Toldone was injured at all...

Just remember that we were playing other friendly games at the same time while we were in England, therefore some players had to stay in Italy, regardless of the terrorism issue.

Adriano@10
11 Aug 05, 21:52
on inter.it they said nothing about an inury so think he wanted to stay
I realy hope toldo get s a chance in the second leg against shatkar coz i think he s still better then cesar

Hammoudi
11 Aug 05, 22:01
I am just saying that because of an incident about 3 years ago. Leeds had a good goalie in Nigel Martyn, but then he faced injuries for a bit. Then, there was a friendly tournament (or a game) and Martyn didn't want to play for some reason.

Then, the coach - Terry Venables - used a new and young goalie in Paul Robinson. He impressed so much, that he made him the no.1 GK for the following season. Martyn was untouchable, but one single incident made him lose his starting position.

I thought it was the same with Toldo and Cesar. If Toldo didn't want to go to London, then he made a potentially big mistake. Cesar impressed, and he may never look back.

It's just a thought though, it just reminded me of that incident!

Adriano@10
11 Aug 05, 22:06
realy hope it wont happen here but maybe toldo is just not in form at the moment like he was last year at this time but i realy think toldo will get his chance
and i hope that he shows what he s abel to do then if he dos not i think the chance of cesar beeing our numbre one is big

15 Aug 05, 11:05
Mancio has all but yelled at Toldo " if u wanna play for Inter , be our number 1 , show it on d pitch ; u know u had a poor-is last season and now with JC in d squad u must ensure that it wont happen again" ... itz a pretty clear message to Toldo ... and a fair 1 :star:

Handoyo
04 Oct 05, 08:10
Angry Toldo Attacks Mancini's Choices
10/4/2005 6:46:00 AM
The former international goalkeeper has lost his patience and wants to reclaim the starting position in the Inter squad.

This has been a quiet season so far for Francesco Toldo who has been relegated to the bench by newcomer Julio Cesar. Now, after weeks without any first team action, the Italian goalkeeper spoke about his current situation.

“I’m out due to technical choice: if only I knew it before I would have made different choices. If at the start of the year Inter had told me about this situation, I would have made other choices. Instead I was told other things. Now I know that I don’t play due to technical choices, but I hope that there is no prejudice against me.

“Last year I won the Coppa Italia as a starter. I pushed the cart for many years and for Inter I gave up the national team. However, with Buffon’s injury, if Lippi would call me back, I would return. But I don’t play and I can’t show my value.

Toldo believes that with this year’s defence, he would have done well too.

“This year the defensive department is stronger. With Samuel we strengthened ourselves; if only I had such a defence...

“I don’t feel inferior to him (Julio Cesar): he’s young, but once to become an Inter goalkeeper you needed experience…”

(Goal.com):stress:

As much as I like Toldo, Julio Cesar has been very good at the start of the season and I believe that he should be the starter. But I have to understand Toldo's anguish. It's hard for you when you were the starter of a team and suddenly, some unknown player just replace you and you hardly get the chance to play. Having Toldo on the bench is just a freaking luxury.

Hand:undecide:yo

Hammoudi
04 Oct 05, 09:31
I am sorry for Toldo, but it's true that the defence made a big difference. However, I am sure that Toldo would have let in some of the goals that JC has saved.

And the title is deceiving, I didn't read him 'attacking' Mancio's choices. He is just unhappy that he wasn't told that he'd be no.2. However, what's this point about him wanting to go to WC, I thought he said his retirement from NT was permanent!

fcinterfan
04 Oct 05, 11:38
Toldo would surely get his chance in the Coppa Italia and when we've qualified for CL KO stages. But it was definitely wrong for the coaching staff's part not to tell Toldo the possibility of him being an understudy of Julio Cesar since we would have opted out of the team for that reason.

INTER_FAN
04 Oct 05, 17:42
Looking at his performance in the Super CUp vs. Juve and the way we lost on Sunday, I'd say we need Toldo for this season and prepare cezar for next season but we cant just waste such a talent on the bench, he has every right to speak his disappointment, he has couple of years left and cant be just ignored, Van Der Sar went to Fulham where he should the quality more and more and now he is with Man U.

honestly in free kicks i trust Toldo more than Cezar big time and with our current defense, Toldo is better than Cezar, cause he is amazing with shots from outside the box while his reflexes are not as cezar in close encounters, but I wont forget his performance in Valencia so we qualify to semi final CL, com'on he made it by himself, and our win in the super cup or the last game in Turin,, look at Abrah & Juve chances and look at their chances this sunday, they had non that freakin dangerous and we are 2-0 down, Toldo would have done better with the first ball for sure, the second, he saved such ones before ,, he is a tower.

wanna call me Toldo fan or whatever, but i guess with this defense line we need Toldo, he deserves at least teh chance.

Mancini should talk about this at least once.

Frisko
04 Oct 05, 18:16
Exactly Hamed, Toldone is quite fair in his words, the title is only trying to make it a bigger deal, but he just said he doesn't feel inferior to Julio Cesar.

Jake
04 Oct 05, 19:24
They always exaggerate the words in headlines. "Attacking" is something different than what Toldo said.

I'm totally amazed how Mancini gave the no 1 spot to Cesar so easily. He's been good, we can all say it, but honestly the defense has been so good that Toldone would have been as good as Cesar too. Derby d'Italia was the first match I was very disappointed in Julio Cesar and I think Toldo should play the next match.

The language thing is another, it looks like with all the foreigners in our team, it's hard to get the defensive wall in the right spot quickly. Just what happened before Nedved's goal. It was a stupid goal.

Choppin Onions
04 Oct 05, 20:33
How could you have been disappointed in Cesar during the Juve game? :confused: He was absolutely bombarded by Gobbi in the 1st half and did reasonably well considering they only scored twice. Yeah, the language barrier might be a problem, especially when organzing a wall, but it's as much as his fault as it is Oba's or the defense that gave away those FK's in the first place.

I have feel somewhat bad for Toldone but nothing is guaranteed in life and as a GK he should know this.

Frisko
04 Oct 05, 22:13
About the Nedved goal, it wasn''t even much about positioning of the wall, they screwed up cause one player turned, two jumped and two stayed still. That was serious baloney from us!

Hammoudi
04 Oct 05, 23:08
And in the SuperCup, he wasn't totally awesome. Go back and check, and you will see two dangerous rebounds given by him unncessarily.

I don't blame JC for any of the goals we let in so far, it was a team thing. We better get our wall coverage right, it killed in Palermo and did the same in Turin.

Opeum
05 Oct 05, 01:36
it's better to put Toldo back in the no.1 spot..J.cesar is still young.even if he is that good, he wouldn't been in the no.1 spot in Brasil team.dida has it. carini should have in inter team also. j.cesar and carini by far, one of the most talented young goalkeeper i've ever seen. anyone remeber carini debut games? he keep a clean sheet for a few games in a row..
with experienced toldo, our two young keeper can be a really great apprentice! last season, toldo isnt really the one to blame. our defense was sux..but with our strong defense line up now, pls put toldo back in the no.1 shirt..
i still remeber his contribution to Italy NT squad in euro 2000. he save 4 penalty kick! 4!!!!!!!! :strong: :strong: :strong: :strong:

Handoyo
05 Oct 05, 16:39
FACCHETTI: "WE WANT TO UNDERSTAND WHY"
Wednesday, 05 October 2005 16:35:03
MILAN - (ANSA) - On his arrival at the Lega Calcio offices today Nerazzurri president Giacinto Facchetti stated firmly, and with a hint of bitterness, that the problem is not Francesco Toldo's strongly criticised comments, but Sunday's defeat against Juventus.

"I believe we're losing sight of the main problem, which is Sunday's defeat," Facchetti said. "To understand why we gave this performance is what interests us most."

As far as Toldo is concerned, Facchetti added: "There's no doubt he got his timing wrong. He should not have spoken after the defeat and in any case he should have spoken about all his thoughts with Mancini. It has been written that he could be left out of the squad, but none of us have ever said this.

" Toldo knows full well that he was wrong to say these things after a defeat, so tomorrow we will talk about it with Mancini. But I repeat, the problem is absolutely not this. It's Sunday's defeat."

(inter.it)Well well, hopefully it won't disrupt the team's morale too much. I'm sure that most of the players in Inter prefer Toldo, as a friend, compared to Julio Cesar. Hopefully, they won't be unhappy that Julio Cesar is starting and not Toldo.

But to be honest, I found Toldo to be stupid to go and criticise the team just after the defeat. Sure, he's not going to get frozen out since he's a very good player but haven't he learnt anything form Fontana's experience last season?

To be honest, if Julio Cesar keeps his current form and Toldo is stuck on the bench, I don't see him staying with us after January. :( What a shameful ending for a player like Toldo. :(

Hand:stress:yo

Jake
05 Oct 05, 16:49
I dont know if I'm superstitious, but I feel like Inter is repeating the same mistake than before. Remember Zenga and Pagliuca, we totally screwed up with them, both would've been excellent keepers for many years, but instead we got rid of them and especially after we got rid of Pagiluca we were in big trouble with keepers. THe problem was solved only after Toldone joined us.

Toldo might be "old", but as a golakeeper he still has many good years left and I absolutely think we should keep him.

INTER_FAN
05 Oct 05, 17:51
I dont think we should keep him but USE him. JC can work in Cup and CL games and keep Toldone for the calcio, let him win it with INTER... com'on its only fair.

Stefan
05 Oct 05, 18:36
I dont think we should keep him but USE him. JC can work in Cup and CL games and keep Toldone for the calcio, let him win it with INTER... com'on its only fair.

Why should we bench jc just cause toldo deserves to win the scudetto?? He can play some games at the end of the season when we have won it already so he can earn his medal. ;)

JC is better and thats clear for me to see. Toldo struggles on crosses JC doesn't.

shahz_nerazzurri
05 Oct 05, 18:47
J.Ceaser is good, but i never actually had any problem with toldo, for me, he is an excellent keeper, and he has a good year or 2 left in him, he did not give any bad perfomances last year, so he must be feeling hard done right now. I hope he gets his spot back.

Jake
05 Oct 05, 19:14
J.Cruz is good

Julio Cruz is in fact quite good, especially scoring goals. Still I'd rather see Toldo instead of Cruz as our goalie. :D:D:D

Perttu10
05 Oct 05, 19:15
AS far as I know in team sports you have to earn your place in starting eleven. It needs the right attitude and hard work....

Wallace
05 Oct 05, 21:26
it's really quite mysterious why Mancini chose J.Cesar over Toldo, we saw Toldo slowly coming back on form at the end of last season. Yet, J.Cesar just suddenly took the 1st spot for no reason

i'd prefer Toldo, Cesar can be the year after, we need an experienced Goalie to guard out goal, simply because this year is a crucial year and we should not risk anything

snake
06 Oct 05, 07:43
On his arrival at the Lega Calcio offices today Nerazzurri president Giacinto Facchetti stated firmly, and with a hint of bitterness,

bloody inter, its players always do this and the media jsut adds to it.

OK we lost big bloody deal. Juve is a better side, nobody cried when Milan lost they just bounced back and kept it going.

Ziyad
06 Oct 05, 10:50
I agree Sasuke...
I mean it really did look like Toldo was doing well and in top form..He saved us big time in the SuperCUp..

Dont get me wrong JC looks good and calm in goal but i mean we could have put him in gradually as well since he is young and since Toldo was doing good.

I really think JC is faster to react and is better in one on one.Still Toldo is better for his experience and commanding defences and is the man for big games.

Zamat
06 Oct 05, 12:33
Palermo Option For Toldo
10/6/2005 12:39:00 PM
Inter and Palermo are working out a swap deal involving their keepers, reports Italian daily ‘Il Corriere dello Sport’.
There is no apparent solution to the Francesco Toldo row at Inter, now that Mancini made it clear that Julio Cesar is his first choice keeper.

Palermo chairman Zamparini, who is a good friend of his Inter colleague Massimo Moratti, told reporters yesterday that he would be more than interested in brining Told to Sicily if the former Inter number one would be ready to lower his salary.

If Toldo accepts Zamparini’s request, then Palermo will offload Matteo Guardalben to Inter, a keeper that would be more than happy to sit on Inter’s bench and watch Julio Cesar play…

Well, I hope this is not true. I'd pick Toldo over Guardalben a thousand times...

Hammoudi
06 Oct 05, 12:38
Goal.com is funny! Since when are Dumparini and Moratti friends? One is class and the other is trash.

Anyway, we'll need a good back-up GK. I haven't seen Guardlaben much, but I hope he'll do it. However, we shouldn't strength Palermo, not after their pres insulted us. Toldo can stay on the bench whether he likes or not, I hate players that cause instability.

primo-inter
06 Oct 05, 14:37
FACCHETTI MEETS TOLDO IN VIA DURINI
Thursday, 06 October 2005 13:56:28
MILAN - President Giacinto Facchetti and technical director Marco Branca met with Francesco Toldo at Inter's headquarters in via Durini, Milan this morning. After the meeting Facchetti said to journalists: "We prefer to keep conversations with our players confidential."

ahahahaha Toldo got busted....

re-enactment.......

Facchetti (Junior Soprano): "what are u outta ur f-ckin mind talkin bad about the club?"

Branca (Junior's sidekick, that dumbass): "answer the man!"

Toldo: "yeh but..."

Facchetti: "shut up aaah your face!"

snake
06 Oct 05, 15:04
lol poor bastard.

Handoyo
06 Oct 05, 15:25
Toldo: I'm your goalkeeper, Giacinto, and I was stepped over!

Facchetti: That's the way Mancini wants it.

Toldo: It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says...like dumb...I'm smart and I want respect!

Facchetti: Toldo, you're nothing to me now. You're not an Inter goalkeeper, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at San Siro, I don't want you near Appiano Gentile. When you see our other player, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

Hand:cool:yo

primo-inter
06 Oct 05, 16:17
Toldo: I'm your goalkeeper, Giacinto, and I was stepped over!

Facchetti: That's the way Mancini wants it.

Toldo: It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says...like dumb...I'm smart and I want respect!

Facchetti: Toldo, you're nothing to me now. You're not an Inter goalkeeper, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at San Siro, I don't want you near Appiano Gentile. When you see our other player, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

Hand:cool:yo

ahahaahahahaah that is class!!!!!!!!!!

I usually don't laugh out loud from reading things but this time..

INTER_FAN
06 Oct 05, 16:19
Guys ,, ,show some respect please,

You're saying Toldo is not good with croses, of course if ur defenders cant keep the other team players from the ball, Toldo is taller than JC so his reactions to down headers will be more dififcult to handle for him, however he was always there in big games, we didnt see any bad performances of Toldo this season to justify replacing him in 1st place.

I am totally against strengthing Plaermo, com'on we are not the charity club of Serie A, Keep Toldo and work something between him and JC, when he drops form then he wont complaint if we benched him but not without an excuse.

K.I.
06 Oct 05, 16:23
to be honest,even ho toldo is experienced,he is not as good as julio cesar,i would take good reflexes and less mistakes than an experienced toldo,cesar has proved his worth for brazil,flamengo and until now,with inter,i dont think toldo would have saved some the balls that cesar did,thats my opinion and to be honest,i also dont like the fact the toldo is a bench player at inter,because he is not,so its better to sell him and get someone who accepts the bench,or better make paolo orlandoni our second keeper and get bindi to be our 3rd keeper.

Handoyo
06 Oct 05, 17:05
Guys ,, ,show some respect please,

You're saying Toldo is not good with croses, of course if ur defenders cant keep the other team players from the ball, Toldo is taller than JC so his reactions to down headers will be more dififcult to handle for him, however he was always there in big games, we didnt see any bad performances of Toldo this season to justify replacing him in 1st place.

I am totally against strengthing Plaermo, com'on we are not the charity club of Serie A, Keep Toldo and work something between him and JC, when he drops form then he wont complaint if we benched him but not without an excuse.
The thing is, I like Toldo and there's nothing that would make me happier than see him staying in Inter. But in reality, I think it is impossible to have both Toldo & Julio Cesar in Inter since it's simply a luxury that we can't afford to keep. I'm not saying that I would kick Toldo out of the team but seeing Julio Cesar's performances at the beginning of the season, I'd prefer to see Julio Cesar as Inter's number 1.

I feel bad because the way I'm acting now is no different that being a traitor towards Toldo. After all, he has served the colours of Inter for 4 years now. However, it seems that my thirst for victories has blinded my love for Toldo. :cry:

Hand:depress:yo

davidRecoba
06 Oct 05, 17:19
Toldo is MUCH better than Julio Cesar. So far I know, Julio Cesar can't catch ball, he always punch the ball even if it's a shot straight to him. I feel safe leaving the goal to Toldo, but my heart start beating when it's Julio Cesar standing below the post.
If one of them should leave, I choose Toldo to stay, JCesar can leave (sell him or loan him out)
Just like what Toldo has said, try him with our new defense. This will be unfair if Toldo never get a chance to prove himself. I believe why Toldo said this matter to media is because he has begged Mancini to play him but the requests have always not been granted.

Ziyad
06 Oct 05, 19:14
The thing that bothers is me is the lack of respect to Toldo as if he has never served this club..
It seems people forget what u have done for them once your down on your luck,and I just dont mean inter management.

Frisko
06 Oct 05, 19:25
I do respect Toldo, still I'm a bit disappointed he came out in the press like that.

K.I.
06 Oct 05, 19:37
he just responded to inter.it,to be honest i dont think it will work out with toldo being our no.2 goalkeeper,and as far as julio goes,i think he is better than toldo,so if i were to choose,with all due respect to toldo,i choose Julio Cesar.

Frisko
06 Oct 05, 19:40
"I have spoken with president Facchetti and coach Mancini and from this clearing up the desire to work for the good of the team has emerged. On my part I confirm that it was never my intention to threaten the tranquillity of the environment. I'm very disappointed that someone has distorted by declarations to make me seem polemical - something that isn't part of my character."

That sounds like the Toldone I know :proud:

J zanetti
06 Oct 05, 20:35
Trying hard to put it right... bit its all a bit too late Toldone! :rolleyes:

INTER_FAN
06 Oct 05, 21:32
looking at Fontana now, and how he is performing for chievo , i wonder who are we gonna strengthen with Toldo, he just needs good defense and i think the existance of such two good GK will make each of them strive for their best cause they know they can be replaced the second game,

I believe Toldo should get the chance,

Enricos
06 Oct 05, 22:33
looking at Fontana now, and how he is performing for chievo , i wonder who are we gonna strengthen with Toldo, he just needs good defense and i think the existance of such two good GK will make each of them strive for their best cause they know they can be replaced the second game,

I believe Toldo should get the chance,

Nono, you dont want two nr1-keepers in a team... Just look at Anderlecht (Belgian team): theyre in the middle of a keeper-crisis right now. They have Proto (Belgian NT Keeper) and Zitka (normally their nr1).
The coach wanted to use a rotation system with the keepers, but by switching them so much they both have lost all faith and are making lots of mistakes... :wallbang:

SB9Dragon
06 Oct 05, 22:58
We should simply sell Toldo if he doesn't want to stick as our 2nd keeper. We don't need keeper rotation. Julio Cesar is our number 1 and he should stay so until further notice. But if we do move Toldo then what? I don't really want to see us bring Carini back because he's too good to be our number 2. We should go out and sign some other older GK. Perhaps Pagliuca? Or did he retire?

Opeum
07 Oct 05, 01:37
IMO, Toldo blast was at the right time. well think about it, we lost to juve and the next day, we got some issues in our squad.it's true that this things ruined our squad morale, but we have 2 weeks of international break.after that, everything is cleared up and i can see all the players are back and fired up to win again.we maybe can c the "never say die" attitude just like early last season and we could also see adriano scoring again! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Look At The Bright Sight :sweeteye: :sweeteye: :sweeteye:

Opeum
07 Oct 05, 01:42
Carini as our 2nd or 3rd GK? i agree. he's good and he have a nice attitude.suitable for our coach. :angel: :angel:
come on, he never frustated to be in the bench :) :) :)

Stefan
08 Oct 05, 14:10
The thing that bothers is me is the lack of respect to Toldo as if he has never served this club..
It seems people forget what u have done for them once your down on your luck,and I just dont mean inter management.

How is it dsirespectfull if we want J.Cesar who has shown from what we have seen to currently be the better of 2 to play instead of picking toldo on what he has done in the past??

The team comes before individuals. Currently j.cesar is the best of the 2 and for the good of the team he should play.

Ziyad
08 Oct 05, 15:09

How is it dsirespectfull if we want J.Cesar who has shown from what we have seen to currently be the better of 2 to play instead of picking toldo on what he has done in the past??

The team comes before individuals. Currently j.cesar is the best of the 2 and for the good of the team he should play.

I didnt mean the lack of respect in that way,i meant in the way that some fans reacted as soon as this story broke out...some lashed out and said he is a traitor or trouble maker.

davidRecoba
08 Oct 05, 17:10
I think Toldo needs a chance to prove himself better than Cesar. It'll be a big hurt if he leave us and show that he's still a great goalkeeper (I wont that happen again)

Frisko
08 Oct 05, 18:01
I think Toldo needs a chance to prove himself better than Cesar. It'll be a big hurt if he leave us and show that he's still a great goalkeeper (I wont that happen again)
Well he's surely NOT going to get a chance by going to the press moaning...

Handoyo
09 Oct 05, 13:07

I just think that it's we're disrespectful towards Toldo the same way we would disrespect Cordoba if we, hypothetically, buy Carvalho and the latter forges an impregnable partnership with Samuel, leaving Cordoba on the bench. Cordoba has served the club for a long time now and even though his form isn't as good as Carvalho, it surely is disrespectful to him that he wasn't trusted to be given a run in the first team.

The same situation applies towards Toldo and Julio Cesar.

Hand;)yo

Frisko
09 Oct 05, 13:28
It's not a question of respect. It becomes that the moment somebody goes to the press instead of talking about the issues within the club.

Handoyo
09 Oct 05, 13:31
It's not a question of respect. It becomes that the moment somebody goes to the press instead of talking about the issues within the club.
I think my post would sound more appropriate if it was made before Toldo's press blunder. :)

Hand;)yo

primo-inter
09 Oct 05, 14:07
Toldo is not an inter man at heart, that's why it would be different if it was Cordoba.

Toldo is just another talented Italian goalkeeper who was bought to keep our sheet clean and his mouth shut. Now we've got a good Brazilian who has proven to be better... so I don't see the problem.

Jake
09 Oct 05, 14:29
It's always the same: Inter fans don't have any respect for players who have served us so well in the past. To be honest Toldo was good last spring and IMO J.Cesar hasn't proven anything unexceptional, so I find it hard to understand that Mancio decided to dump Toldo so easily. I really hope J.Cesar proves his worth in the long run or else we would be making the same mistake again.

kova9
09 Oct 05, 15:41
this discussion is worthless...Anyway,I hope he gets another chance..He surely deserves it..

Ziyad
09 Oct 05, 16:42
Toldo is not an inter man at heart, that's why it would be different if it was Cordoba.

How do we know he isnt an inter man at heart ??
Toldo has been great when others werent.He also quit the national team so he isnt asking to play to be in the WC and therefore putting himself before the team.
He also will get paid the same way whether on the bench or the field and I know many of us here hate players who just want to be paid and do nothing...He isnt.
I really feel for him how things turned out but IMHO his weakness was that he wasnt mentally intereseted in the small games,while he was still great in big ones.As if the big games were a mental motivator to him.

davidRecoba
18 Oct 05, 05:16
Good to see Toldo back in action again (although it's because JCesar arrive late). I hope Mancini will play him again in next matches, so it'll be clear who's better, Toldo or J Cesar. And yes, i think Toldo have Inter in his heart, like Ziyad said, his reason to quit national team is to focus playing at Inter.

Frisko
18 Oct 05, 17:50
Of course Mancini won't play Toldo again, J Cesar is number one now, he will keep playing him.

brehme1989
18 Oct 05, 18:18
Seeing the Juve goals, if it was Toldo on those occasions(only those occasions, not the whole game), he would have not conceded the goals. He would either hold the ball or thow it away in the first kick and for the second one, he would stretch his arms and reach the ball, wherever he was. I'm not claiming he's better than Cesar, but I think he can help more than Cesar, since Cesar needs to understand that he needs clean sheets and 120% performance each game to e Brazil's number one

04 Nov 05, 07:03
Tribal says Carini is coming back in Jan ... i know its only tribal (yet) but u never know

does this mean we will offer Toldo to Roma for Cassano ? they have goalkeeping probs at the moment and Toldo as we all know is not too happy bout being on the bench all the time. May just cut down on the Cassano price tag

this shud be a good idea , bcoz in reality Toldo dont have a long term future at Inter ... and it wud be a deal that wud satisfy everyone. Roma, Toldo, Inter

davidRecoba
08 Nov 05, 02:44
but before that, plz give him a chance to prove himself

Pravesh
08 Nov 05, 04:14
Tribal says Carini is coming back in Jan ... i know its only tribal (yet) but u never know

does this mean we will offer Toldo to Roma for Cassano ? they have goalkeeping probs at the moment and Toldo as we all know is not too happy bout being on the bench all the time. May just cut down on the Cassano price tag

this shud be a good idea , bcoz in reality Toldo dont have a long term future at Inter ... and it wud be a deal that wud satisfy everyone. Roma, Toldo, Inter

Sayak, Palermo's president had been quoted to have said that Toldo might join them in the winter transfer market. So, that could be on of the reason for them (tribal/?) to make that rumour on Carini, which could be true as well. With all the due respect, tribal sucks !! :D

And if we give Toldo to Palermo, I also hope that we try our best to get Grosso from them. Wouldn't it be great !! :star:

:)

08 Nov 05, 13:29
And if we give Toldo to Palermo, I also hope that we try our best to get Grosso from them. Wouldn't it be great !! :star:

:)

that wud be great as well ; whether Toldo is used in the Cassano deal or to get Grosso , i hope he leaves in Jan. bcoz he is better than being number 2 to someone else ... though at the moment JC is the future in the Inter goal.

Let Toldo go and continue his career elsewhere , he is just wasted on the Inter bench

medizin
10 Nov 05, 18:21
If Toldo has some chances playing in the future, he should make no mistake, even the defencers should make no mistake, otherwise, mancini or the fans would give him no time or chance to prove anything, anyway,lose can't be avoid. but Cesar will be given more time and chance to prove himself.
When Toldo leave us,and we treat Cesar as now we treat Toldo,i'm afraid somebody will say Toldo is the best goalkeeper, what a pity,he palys for other.....

davidRecoba
13 Nov 05, 17:18
I'd be very mad if Inter sell Toldo and he shines in another club. Give him chances if you have a will to sell him, so that you can reconsider his ability whether it's still good or not

13 Nov 05, 18:24
Toldo is 36 and we have an adequate replacement in JC

do u want Toldo to sit on the benches for an entire season and do nothing , specially at this late stage of his career

as it is his contract is up at the end of the season and sure as hell he wont extend with us

so sell him in Jan , and with Palermo interested hope to get Grosso in return

Frisko
13 Nov 05, 19:12

do u want Toldo to sit on the benches for an entire season and do nothing , specially at this late stage of his career

as it is his contract is up at the end of the season and sure as hell he wont extend with us

Very good point, even if I doubt anyone will buy him just because of the reasons you mentioned.

I'd be happy for Toldone if he gets to play somewhere.

13 Nov 05, 20:20

Very good point, even if I doubt anyone will buy him just because of the reasons you mentioned.

I'd be happy for Toldone if he gets to play somewhere.

Palermo want him ... their president said so.

maybe Toldo + Wome = Grosso

Ari
26 Nov 05, 14:53
Tragedy what is happening to him. One of our most Inter-loving players is going to be kicked out of club. I love you Francesco. Mancini is destroying us. Non mollare mai!

Enricos
26 Nov 05, 15:13
I'd happily sacrifice Toldo for Grosso, Julio Cesar should be our number one.
Sorry Toldone, but JC is showing his skills on the pitch and he is still a lot younger...

Stefan
26 Nov 05, 15:17
Tragedy what is happening to him. One of our most Inter-loving players is going to be kicked out of club. I love you Francesco. Mancini is destroying us. Non mollare mai!

Mancini isn't destroying us. He is just picking who he thinks is best. And that is J.Cesar. Toldo doesn't want to be a number 2 so it's only fair to let him go soo he can get regular playing time. He deserves that for all he has done. ;)

26 Nov 05, 17:36
Well said Stefan ... agree 110% with u. :)

Frisko
26 Nov 05, 17:43

I love Toldone too and I'm sad that his career at Inter is almost over, however your post is simply silly.

Ari
28 Nov 05, 09:00
Well we all know you love every player in the club. No one is different. Cesar ain't giving me any kind of shakes, while Toldo has it. Not saying we should play Toldo because of that, but you've sayed it too sometimes - we shouldn't treat our longterm players like crap. Just tell me Frisk, why was he suddenly dropped?

Mancini even tried to do it last year and played Fontana and weak Carini.

Frisko
28 Nov 05, 18:00
Well we all know you love every player in the club. No one is different. Cesar ain't giving me any kind of shakes, while Toldo has it. Not saying we should play Toldo because of that, but you've sayed it too sometimes - we shouldn't treat our longterm players like crap. Just tell me Frisk, why was he suddenly dropped?

Mancini even tried to do it last year and played Fontana and weak Carini.

Well Ari, I know how you feel about Toldone being suddenly dropped (I love him too), but just follow my logic (which was most likely what Mancini and the club planned):

Toldone will have to go next year (for age reasons, he will either retire or move to a smaller club). So Inter need a new keeper. We all know how hard it is to find good keepers nowaydas.

Now, we have Julio Cesar. As things stand right now, he had his chance to prove his worth (and he's done so IMO, with good performances and showing a lot of confidence, which is not easy at all for a player with an impatient audience like the S Siro fans, and with a new central defender in the team).

However, Toldone is still there. If Cesar turned out to be crap, or too immature, or whatever , Toldo was there to take his place. If we waited until next year, how could we plan this? Getting a back up keeper or not? What kind? An older one? A young promising one?

Mancini has done exactly what needed to be done, even if it's hard on Toldo, the fans who love him, and probably on himself too (I'm sure everyone in the team have a great relationship with Francesco).

Don't you agree Ari?

Handoyo
01 Dec 05, 14:48
:proud: Oh those times at Valencia. :proud:
Best performance by a GK, ever! :star:

Left-click this for a surprise Toldo video (http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3229H0QJ8D6HW2MITAPKLB2E38)

Hand:proud:yo

Ari
02 Dec 05, 05:45
Han. :proud: :thumbsup: Just look at how full Curva is. Good old boys playing there. :)

Fabio
02 Dec 05, 23:31
I hope I will be privileged to see Toldone's last match (unless he stays) on Tuesday!

Fabio ;)

03 Dec 05, 06:54
Anyone got Toldo's "goal" against Juve ?

Frisko
03 Dec 05, 11:22
Just check that 'surprise' by Han a few posts above ;)

Marcello
06 Dec 05, 10:58
Yeh like What Recoba said above^^Why doesnt Mancino give him a Chance he was good last season ... i feel Cesear Will stuff up agaisnt Milan i hope Toldo plays !

Stefan
07 Dec 05, 00:49
Yeh like What Recoba said above^^Why doesnt Mancino give him a Chance he was good last season ... i feel Cesear Will stuff up agaisnt Milan i hope Toldo plays !

Cesar has done nothing wrong so far. What makes you think he will stuff up vs bilan?? :rolleyes:

Wallace
07 Dec 05, 02:43

Cesar has done nothing wrong so far. What makes you think he will stuff up vs bilan?? :rolleyes:

nothing wrong, but nothing as incredible as toldone

davidRecoba
09 Dec 05, 08:19
do you remember when di napoli (messina? i forget) scored against us? i didnt saw the match, but i download the video from inter.it. and look at the goal came from a rebounding ball. If we didnt get the 2-0 score before that, or if we lost, then you'd be remember that it's a BIG WEAKPOINT of julio cesar. Against Palermo, he blocked too much an easy-to-catch ball, and there're a lot of more. and I'm worried there'll be a lot of more
Julio is just an average goalkeeper (there're many GK in italian clubs better than him). Toldo is better.

Stefan
09 Dec 05, 18:06

nothing wrong, but nothing as incredible as toldone

He doesn't need to be incredible he needs to be solid and consistent.

brehme1989
09 Dec 05, 19:48
Btw guys, Toldo is 33 not 36 ;)

And he should have been our starter from the begining of the season

Stefan
09 Dec 05, 21:32

Why?? He hasn't been good the last 2 seasons. Imho mancio made the right decision.

Tanel
09 Dec 05, 23:32

Why?? He hasn't been good the last 2 seasons. Imho mancio made the right decision.I respect you, Stefan, as a poster, but this time you're talking bull shit. Toldo hasn't had an good season? Bring me a one goal which he is responsible of! Thanks to him we won the Coppa Italia! Look at what he did at the finals! It was the Toldo incredible again saving our defence mistakes. In away leg I could have really said: "Buffon my ass!" J. Cesar consistency has a lot to do with more decent & consistent unit in front of him. Toldo never dissappoints, he does his job and very often, even more.

Wallace
10 Dec 05, 09:07

Why?? He hasn't been good the last 2 seasons. Imho mancio made the right decision.I respect you, Stefan, as a poster, but this time you're talking bull shit. Toldo hasn't had an good season? Bring me a one goal which he is responsible of! Thanks to him we won the Coppa Italia! Look at what he did at the finals! It was the Toldo incredible again saving our defence mistakes. In away leg I could have really said: "Buffon my ass!" J. Cesar consistency has a lot to do with more decent & consistent unit in front of him. Toldo never dissappoints, he does his job and very often, even more.

100% agree..Toldo not only had consistency. He was also incredible, remember how he got us through to the euro derby 2 seasons ago? That's something which Cesar hasnt showed YET, may be he does have it inside him, but it seems a bit unfair for toldo.

Frisko
10 Dec 05, 16:17
Lolol guys who's talking bullshit here? Toldo was very bad at the start of last season, it's no coincidence that the Nord was really having a go at him. He's also been weak coming out of the goal. Not saying that he isn't great, but this wonderful picture you're painting about his performance, it surely isn't accurate.

Fabio
10 Dec 05, 18:25
What did the Nord do? I can't remember.

Fabio :D

Frisko
10 Dec 05, 18:38
They were quite harsh on him. I remember the jeers during Inter v Juve last year, the Nord surely didn't like Toldone's hesitation, especially on corners.

Wallace
10 Dec 05, 23:41
who wouldnt hestitate after conceding so many goals in the first few games? You would start questioning your decisions after inter has conceded like what...an average of 2 goals per game?

yeah, but that was the beginning of last season..toldo improved gradually as time went by, and i don't see why we just left him on the bench since then...

afterall, for what he has done for inter in the past seasons, he shouldn't be bashed like this...no point bashing him when we all know he won't have a chance making into the first team again.

Frisko
11 Dec 05, 10:53
I'm surely not bashing Toldo. However, taking anything away from Julio Cesar can only mean that people are badly affected by their love for Toldone to be honest about Julio.

Tanel
11 Dec 05, 15:53
Cesar hasn't been no clean-sheet player too. In some periods. He was far from it. Like between the latest international break. I'm not saying we should take the first team place away from Julio, just give Toldo more chances. When he plays at Italian Cup it's obvious that he's not getting back his XI place unless Cesar is injuried. Why not playing him againist some second half table teams atleast.

Jimmy
11 Dec 05, 16:34
So in other words, you want to rotate the goalkeepers?

Stefan
11 Dec 05, 22:53

You don't rotate goalkeepers. A goalie needs confidence that would be madness.

bjwam4
13 Dec 05, 18:59

You don't rotate goalkeepers. A goalie needs confidence that would be madness.

Yea I concur....

Yea I kinda feel bad Toldo is on the bench, but he like any other player has the oppourtunity to display his talents during practice etc. And if Toldone was so good, then he would be our starting line-up.

CafeCordoba
13 Dec 05, 20:03
Yea I kinda feel bad Toldo is on the bench, but he like any other player has the oppourtunity to display his talents during practice etc. And if Toldone was so good, then he would be our starting line-up.

Has the opportunity to display his talents during practice? Give me a break. Toldo has displayed his talents during these years at Inter. And also at last year after the winter break he was very secure, just like our defence (surprise surprise!). That Toldo's "dip in form" is really an exaggeration, our defence was also bad at the beginning of the season. How many times this has to be said? (okay, this goalie-conversation has been talked mostly in "Just sack him"-topic)

But, I think everything has been said to defend Toldo (everything surely has been said against him, there's not much of that), so seems it's useless at least for me to discuss this. (again "Just sack him -topic)

Frisko
13 Dec 05, 20:09
It's also undeniable that the love for Toldone has affected many people's judgement on Julio Cesar, and that's a shame.

bjwam4
13 Dec 05, 22:00
It's also undeniable that the love for Toldone has affected many people's judgement on Julio Cesar, and that's a shame.

Yea seriously! I'm not saying Toldo is not a good keeper or that he hasn't proven his dedication to Inter over that past years. I'm saying that Cesar is better and there must be a reason Mancini among others have decided to choose him over Toldo.

Cesar hasn't been perfect, but I have been extremely impressed with his performances, and not so impressed with the performances of Toldo last season.

And yes we have a better defence this year, but we just can't assume Toldo would be amazing just because of that.

We have a good squad this year....things change...this is football. Toldo knows this, and ultimatley he will move on.

snake
14 Dec 05, 01:18
Cesar saved our ass in the derby.

Who remembers that low cross that gilardino flicked on and then Cesar pounced on it? Great save that was.

Hammoudi
14 Dec 05, 06:33
Who remembers that low cross that gilardino flicked on and then Cesar pounced on it? Great save that was.

I sure do remember one great save. But I thought it was a cross by Serginho and Vieri was very close to it. JC's timing was great and he saved it on time before any mix-up with the defence or the interference of Vieri.

Tommi
14 Dec 05, 13:37
Well, not really.

As much i like Toldone, i want what´s best for the team. So far Cesar havent done anything that Toldo couldn´t do. That´s why i´m very curious to know why did Mancini drop Toldo so easily during the summer.

Frisko
14 Dec 05, 18:38
Well, not really.

As much i like Toldone, i want what´s best for the team. So far Cesar havent done anything that Toldo couldn´t do. That´s why i´m very curious to know why did Mancini drop Toldo so easily during the summer.

That's quite a strange way to see it. Cesar is younger, and he's been very good, at least as good as Toldo as been last year (better, if you ask me).

CafeCordoba
14 Dec 05, 21:03
That's quite a strange way to see it. Cesar is younger, and he's been very good, at least as good as Toldo as been last year (better, if you ask me).

It's stranger way for me to see it like that. For goalkeepers, the age is advantage. Toldo has huge experience, specially at Serie A. Compared to Cesar who hasn't that at all (Serie A).

We aren't here to bash Cesar, no, not at all. Like Tommi said, of course I want also what is best for the team. But again, we are just curious what was the reason why Mancini dropped Toldo so easily. Can it be that he foresaw that Cesar will be at least as good as Toldo last year (or even better) ?

Frisko
14 Dec 05, 21:32
The reason is simple: Cesar is the future. I know Toldo is not 40 but still he's no Primavera player, we need to look beyond that, and let's face it, good keepers are VERY hard to find nowadays. If you find one, he will cost you a freakin fortune.

Julio Cesar? We hit the phuckin jackpot guys!

CafeCordoba
14 Dec 05, 21:45
The reason is simple: Cesar is the future. I know Toldo is not 40 but still he's no Primavera player, we need to look beyond that, and let's face it, good keepers are VERY hard to find nowadays. If you find one, he will cost you a freakin fortune.

Okay, you don't read at all our posts? I'm out of this conversation. :)

Tommi
14 Dec 05, 22:03
Well said Café! :lol:

After 21 matches, 13 wins and he´s a jackpot? Wow! I wonder what he would be if he wasn´t brazilian....:lol:

All i´m saying, Toldo at the end of last season, 10 matches - 8 wins - 1 draw - 1 loss - 4 conceeded in Serie A

...last 5 matches - 4 wins - 1 draw - 0 conceeded in Serie A

Then he gets dropped...wei-rd, no?

Jimmy
14 Dec 05, 22:15
Toldo screwed up by not going to England on the tour. Before that occured, Julio Cesar was considered the third keeper at Inter. Yes, you heard me. There's even an interview during the pre-season where Mancini stated that.

Then comes the England tour. Toldo stays in Italy, and instead Julio Cesar gets his chance to impress Mancini. Needless to say, he did. Ever since that, Julio Cesar was the proclaimed first keeper.

Don't underestimate the importance of pre-season. Toldo decided to stay at home and literally hand Julio Cesar the chance to impress.

There you have it. :) The reason for why Mancini suddenly dropped Toldo.

Tommi
14 Dec 05, 22:52
I dont agree that Toldo screwed it up for not going to england.

IF that´s the real reason, then i think that´s just silly ´cause Toldo had two rather good reasons not to go. One, his wife was very very pregnant at that time. Two, there was a terror threat at england.

If i was an Inter player (from any position), i really doubt i would´ve gone to england either at that time.

Miki
15 Dec 05, 00:15
Whatever the reasons for Julio Cesar materializing out of the blue to become Inter's first choice keeper, it is still odd to say the least when looking at Toldo's form at the end of last season and his sudden disappearance from the first team plans of Roberto Mancini. With all due respect to Julio Cesar's great form, Toldo was equally as impressive in the latter half of 04/05. As such, one would expect the latter to continue the great form in-between the sticks for this season.

However you would like to at it, one cannot simply wave away any possibility of a conspiracy, favoritism or any other dastardly desires by our coach when taking into account Toldo's form and Julio Cesar's rise to prominence. In order to accurately formulate an opinion with regards to this issue, one has to look at facts, not conjecture.

Was Toldo just as good, if not better than Julio Cesar for the latter half of last season? Certainly.

One doesn't simply drop a world class goalkeeper on a run of great form for a comparative unknown right from the start of the first Serie A game. No matter how one attempts to explain the reasons to justify Mancini's actions, the whole issue still smacks of something greater than innocent decisions based on a belief that one goalkeeper is simply better than the other.

Ciao,
Tim

CafeCordoba
15 Dec 05, 01:14
Whatever the reasons for Julio Cesar materializing out of the blue to become Inter's first choice keeper, it is still odd to say the least when looking at Toldo's form at the end of last season and his sudden disappearance from the first team plans of Roberto Mancini. With all due respect to Julio Cesar's great form, Toldo was equally as impressive in the latter half of 04/05. As such, one would expect the latter to continue the great form in-between the sticks for this season.

However you would like to at it, one cannot simply wave away any possibility of a conspiracy, favoritism or any other dastardly desires by our coach when taking into account Toldo's form and Julio Cesar's rise to prominence. In order to accurately formulate an opinion with regards to this issue, one has to look at facts, not conjecture.

Was Toldo just as good, if not better than Julio Cesar for the latter half of last season? Certainly.

One doesn't simply drop a world class goalkeeper on a run of great form for a comparative unknown right from the start of the first Serie A game. No matter how one attempts to explain the reasons to justify Mancini's actions, the whole issue still smacks of something greater than innocent decisions based on a belief that one goalkeeper is simply better than the other.

Ciao,
Tim

Exactly same opinion. Been telling this same shit all the time (maybe in "Just sack him"-topic for most of the time when the discussion went on there) and these heroes can't just take it that there must be something behind this all what we just don't know.

waterman
15 Dec 05, 03:38
he is perfect ..yes i agree .. but we dont need him now days..sorry

Pravesh
15 Dec 05, 04:05
Tommi, Jake and Ari all have good points here saying that it had not been fair to him and they are right to some extinct. I don't think that punishing Toldo for not going for London tour is the reason behind this, as it would had been very unfair. But again I don't think that J.Cesar is doing any mistakes at all, and that's how things work. It does seem unfair to Toldo, but when you look from the club's perspective, it could be different. Toldo's not getting any younger & not to forget that I still see problems for Toldo when it comes to going for the aerial balls. :star:

15 Dec 05, 05:33
Moratti is preparing a new deal for Toldo, but i dont think he wud accept that.
He is too proud to accept that he is number 2 in balck-and-white.
And I really dont want him to end his career as being 2nd choice to someone else.

I hope he leaves in Jan and finds a decent club where he can play for 2-3 years more, as long as the club is not Milan or Juve

snake
15 Dec 05, 06:06
They can have as many points as they want but in the end, spectacular Cesar will stay in our goal!

When was the last time u remember saying to yourself, omg what save my Toldo? I surely cant remember.

Hammoudi
15 Dec 05, 06:09
I am of the same opinion as Jimmy, I even said once that it reminded me of the Leeds' situation 3 seasons ago or so with Paul Robinson and Nigel Martin ( or was it Sullivan?)

I think Mancini saw the hunger in J Cesar. I remember when he was behind Toldo and Carini, but you can see the enthusiasm and determination that he had.

Also, I may not say it as enthusiastically as Frisko, but I think we have found ourselves a great GK. I remember times and times where Cesar saved us in games, I am not saying that Toldo hasn't, but to find a GK like him, for the kind of price that we paid and in those days, it's a steal!

Jimmy
15 Dec 05, 08:02
Pravesh, I never said he was punished for not going to England. What I'm saying is if he went to England, he would have played and Mancini wouldn't have seen Julio Cesar as much as he did. Hence, why Toldo still would have been the first keeper.

Instead Julio Cesar got the chance to spend several days as the first keeper, together with Mancini and those who saw those games, know how good he performed.

It's more or less impossible for second or third keepers to get a chance to impress, so when Toldo decided to stay in Italy (he could have his reasons, but it still doesn't change that this was the turning point), he gave the chance to Julio Cesar to impress.

Tommi
15 Dec 05, 09:34
They can have as many points as they want but in the end, spectacular Cesar will stay in our goal!
Oh...:lol:

When was the last time u remember saying to yourself, omg what save my Toldo? I surely cant remember.
When was the last time Toldo played? I´m sure i would remember if i´d even remember how would Toldo look like. When was the last time spectacular Cesar made spectacular save? I bet you´re like Frisk and like spectacular Cesar very much ´cause he´s brazilian (i know you wont admit it though). What was that, you two would welcome €naldo back anyday? :lol: (offtopic, but i cant really take someone seriously when he thinks like that)

Stats dont say much ´cause Toldo havent really played, but...

Toldo - 4 matches (409 mins), 3 wins, 1 draw, 1 goal conceeded.
Cesar - 21 matches (2004 mins), 13 wins, 4 loss, 2 draws, 16 conceeded.
Anywayz, this conversation is pointless...it´s just like saying that my dad would beat your dad if they ever met...

15 Dec 05, 10:49
Cummon lets not get personal

Pravesh
15 Dec 05, 13:45
Pravesh, I never said he was punished for not going to England. What I'm saying is if he went to England, he would have played and Mancini wouldn't have seen Julio Cesar as much as he did. Hence, why Toldo still would have been the first keeper.

Jimmy, it wasn't directed to you post. What I meant was, if that was the one and only cause of Toldo's exclusion, then it's not fair.

But then again, I have clearly stated that J.Cesar has proved his worth uptil now and I am very happy with him as our main goalkeeper. :star:

snake
15 Dec 05, 14:00
it´s just like saying that my dad would beat your dad if they ever met

lol :D dont get me started on that bout.

Seriously, Toldo had all season last season and he rarely made great saves.

In comes cesar who has already made some blinders. I can name 5 off the top of my head, i cant even think of one for Toldo recently including last year.

And no way do i like him cause his brazilian, i was against playin him. Then he proved me wrong wit his performances. If anything your blind to performances when it comes to an italian player.

Miki
15 Dec 05, 14:27
I think Mancini saw the hunger in J Cesar. I remember when he was behind Toldo and Carini, but you can see the enthusiasm and determination that he had.
Yes, there is no doubt that there is a possibility that Julio Cesar was more eager to impress, therefore, he had a greater desire for the first team shirt than Toldo, a world class goalkeeper who has already proven his worth. However, this theory does not fit in with a stubborn based model such as Mancini. He is notorious for his persistence in playing the players he prefers, and not those that should deserve the playing time.

Consider this - Toldo was dropped right from the outset. Does it not seem suspicious to you in anyway of the circumstances that he was removed from the starting spot? Even if Julio Cesar impressed in pre-season, it was still in friendly games that the latter proved his ability. However, Toldo was made of better stock and did impress for the latter half of last season. Therefore, by all accounts, Toldo should have continued his great work this season. It would be perfectly understandable if Mancini used Toldo & Julio Cesar via rotational policy; however, dropping the former right from the start for the latter who has mainly impressed only during pre-season doesn't sound right. In fact, it's not right.

Also, I may not say it as enthusiastically as Frisko, but I think we have found ourselves a great GK. I remember times and times where Cesar saved us in games, I am not saying that Toldo hasn't, but to find a GK like him, for the kind of price that we paid and in those days, it's a steal!
This cannot be disputed. However, Mancini risked Inter's fortunes on a comparative unknown who has only impressed during pre-season rather than playing the tried & tested Toldo, a goalkeeper who has saved our hide many times in his career, and is a proven world class player.

Answer this question guys - would you have confidently dropped Francesco Toldo right from the outset of Serie A for a relative unknown who has piqued your interest for his good performances during pre-season games?

Ciao,
Tim

Miki
15 Dec 05, 14:31
Instead Julio Cesar got the chance to spend several days as the first keeper, together with Mancini and those who saw those games, know how good he performed.
As opposed to Toldo's excellent performances throughout the years, combined with his innately talented ability? Did Mancini also overlook his good performances in the latter half of last season? How does one simply drop such a great player, given the circumstances and the factors involved for a comparative unknown who has only impressed him during pre-season?

Ciao,
Tim

Handoyo
15 Dec 05, 14:41
Yes, there is no doubt that there is a possibility that Julio Cesar was more eager to impress, therefore, he had a greater desire for the first team shirt than Toldo, a world class goalkeeper who has already proven his worth. However, this theory does not fit in with a stubborn based model such as Mancini. He is notorious for his persistence in playing the players he prefers, and not those that should deserve the playing time.

Consider this - Toldo was dropped right from the outset. Does it not seem suspicious to you in anyway of the circumstances that he was removed from the starting spot? Even if Julio Cesar impressed in pre-season, it was still in friendly games that the latter proved his ability. However, Toldo was made of better stock and did impress for the latter half of last season. Therefore, by all accounts, Toldo should have continued his great work this season. It would be perfectly understandable if Mancini used Toldo & Julio Cesar via rotational policy; however, dropping the former right from the start for the latter who has mainly impressed only during pre-season doesn't sound right. In fact, it's not right.
As someone had said in this topic, it is suicidal to rotate goalkeepers. Mancini made a choice, a rational one, unlike picking Miha over Samuel, and I think J.Cesar has repaid him in that.

Also, besides the pre-season, we have to also take account of the trainings sessions, of which we have no clue over. For all we know, J.Cesar has been outstanding in the training sessions while Toldo has been abysmal. Of course, the reverse can also be said but, since in this case Mancini & J.Cesar just met and have different personalities, I think that pretty much rule out the favoritism theory and thus the best hypothesis is that Julio Cesar is better than Toldo in training too.

This cannot be disputed. However, Mancini risked Inter's fortunes on a comparative unknown who has only impressed during pre-season rather than playing the tried & tested Toldo, a goalkeeper who has saved our hide many times in his career, and is a proven world class player.

Answer this question guys - would you have confidently dropped Francesco Toldo right from the outset of Serie A for a relative unknown who has piqued your interest for his good performances during pre-season games?
If Toldo should be picked when the season proper starts even though he didn't show the same commitment and form as Julio Cesar in the pre-season, then that would be downright unfair to the latter. Since Julio Cesar impressed in the pre-season, he deserved to be use for the first couple of matches of the season proper ahead of Toldo. After all, the player that is the most in-form play, right? Toldo's in-form period was months before the season started, who knows what could have happened to him during all those months? J.Cesar's in-form period was days before the season started, so obviously Julio Cesar should be given the first opportunities to prove his worth to the team.

And, it goes without saying that J.Cesar has done very good most of the times and "if it ain't broken, don't fix it." I am optimistic that when Julio Cesar is out of form, Toldo will then be given his chances by Mancini. After all, last season, Mancini gave Fontana, and even Carini, their chances when Toldo was out of form and I believe the same will be said about Toldo's chances this season. It would be unfair to bench Julio Cesar if he's still doing good at the moment.

Hand;)yo

Miki
15 Dec 05, 15:09
As someone had said in this topic, it is suicidal to rotate goalkeepers. Mancini made a choice, a rational one, unlike picking Miha over Samuel, and I think J.Cesar has repaid him in that.
Wouldn't you agree that choosing Julio Cesar over Francesco Toldo on the basis of a good pre-season is somewhat risky, especially taking into account the fact that every Interista in this world shared the belief that this was going to be a special season?

What if Julio Cesar had not impressed in the manner that he has, thus far? Wouldn't you then berate Mancini for his choice of actions? The only reason why so many of us are in disagreement now is down to the fact that Julio Cesar has indeed performed above expectations. Still, this does not accurately explain away the reasons for Toldo's sudden removal from the first team place.

As i have mentioned before, Toldo had a great latter half for the last season. As it stood, by all accounts, he should have continued the great work.

Also, besides the pre-season, we have to also take account of the trainings sessions, of which we have no clue over. For all we know, J.Cesar has been outstanding in the training sessions while Toldo has been abysmal. Of course, the reverse can also be said but, since in this case Mancini & J.Cesar just met and have different personalities, I think that pretty much rule out the favoritism theory and thus the best hypothesis is that Julio Cesar is better than Toldo in training too.
Whatever conjecture you have arrived at, you have to take into account Toldo's history in light of Cesar's sudden emergence to prominence. Even if Toldo had impressed less than the latter during training sessions, it does not mean that he lacks the ability to do better.

In all honesty, i have doubts about Mancini's character. It doesn't matter if his personality matches Julio Cesar, or if he understands Toldo better than the former. If he has a love affair with a player, one can expect Mancini to continually feature this particular in his plans for the first team.

If Toldo should be picked when the season proper starts even though he didn't show the same commitment and form as Julio Cesar in the pre-season, then that would be downright unfair to the latter. Since Julio Cesar impressed in the pre-season, he deserved to be use for the first couple of matches of the season proper ahead of Toldo. After all, the player that is the most in-form play, right? Toldo's in-form period was months before the season started, who knows what could have happened to him during all those months? J.Cesar's in-form period was days before the season started, so obviously Julio Cesar should be given the first opportunities to prove his worth to the team.
You have a point, but nothing has been proven that confirms Julio Cesar impressed during training far greater than Toldo had. As it stands, everything we have discussed in this thread regarding the Toldo incident are mere opinions. What is not mere opinion though, is the fact that Toldo has continually proven, over the years, to be a far greater keeper than Cesar has been thus far. As such, a missed pre-season campaign coupled with a possibility of a poor showing during training are not valid factors for a complete and utter dismissal of Toldo from the first team spot from the outset of this season's campaign.

And, it goes without saying that J.Cesar has done very good most of the times and "if it ain't broken, don't fix it." I am optimistic that when Julio Cesar is out of form, Toldo will then be given his chances by Mancini. After all, last season, Mancini gave Fontana, and even Carini, their chances when Toldo was out of form and I believe the same will be said about Toldo's chances this season. It would be unfair to bench Julio Cesar if he's still doing good at the moment.
Of course. However, it would have been unfair on Toldo to be removed from the first team spot given his ability and performances toward the end of last season. A failure to perform well during training doesn't equate to the absence of ability.

Ciao,
Tim

Tommi
15 Dec 05, 15:29
My kitty, Miki-tty. :heart:

If anything your blind to performances when it comes to an italian player.
First of all, auts! :lol:

I´ve been honest in my opinions/preferences in this forum unlike most of the people. That´s why i´m easy target and that´s why everyone thinks i only prefer italians and that´s it. :yawn:

In comes cesar who has already made some blinders. I can name 5 off the top of my head, i cant even think of one for Toldo recently including last year.
So, basically you love flashy goalkeepers? Do you know why goalkeepers usually seem to make great saves? Mostly because they have mispositioned themselves in the first place. A good goalkeeper may seem like a dull keeper, but it´s all about positioning yourself. You misjudge your position and you have to try to make flashy save. Of course it feels great to see that, but the most important thing is to have a great goalie, not only a flashy one.

Like i said earlier, last ten matches of last season - when we finally had a good defensive line in front of Toldo - Toldo conceeded only four goals. Last five matches and he kept clean sheet for 450 minutes. How did we repay him? We took Cesar - who didn´t even play in Chievo - and let him be our 1st goalkeeper. :lol:

Handoyo
15 Dec 05, 15:30
Wouldn't you agree that choosing Julio Cesar over Francesco Toldo on the basis of a good pre-season is somewhat risky, especially taking into account the fact that every Interista in this world shared the belief that this was going to be a special season?

What if Julio Cesar had not impressed in the manner that he has, thus far? Wouldn't you then berate Mancini for his choice of actions? The only reason why so many of us are in disagreement now is down to the fact that Julio Cesar has indeed performed above expectations. Still, this does not accurately explain away the reasons for Toldo's sudden removal from the first team place.

As i have mentioned before, Toldo had a great latter half for the last season. As it stood, by all accounts, he should have continued the great work.
Choosing Julio Cesar over Toldo at the start of the season was definitely a riskier option instead of sticking with Toldo. However, it was a justified risk and one that is not very risky. It wasn't as if it was just all talks and news as Mancini did watched him in the pre-season and confirmed to himself that JC was a good goalkeeper.

Judging from JC's pre-season performance and in the qualifier against Shakhtar, no, I wouldn't berate either of them since JC has got potential and it was a risk worth taking. Again, as mentioned, this risk we are talking about is not very big.

Tim, again, JC's in-form period was closer to the start of the season compared to Toldo's in-form period. Hence, the former should be given the first opportunity to shine. And when I say opportunity, it doesn't translate to a permanent spot in the first-team.; it's just a run in the first match for a few matches but if he did well, he'll stay.

Whatever conjecture you have arrived at, you have to take into account Toldo's history in light of Cesar's sudden emergence to prominence. Even if Toldo had impressed less than the latter during training sessions, it does not mean that he lacks the ability to do better.

In all honesty, i have doubts about Mancini's character. It doesn't matter if his personality matches Julio Cesar, or if he understands Toldo better than the former. If he has a love affair with a player, one can expect Mancini to continually feature this particular in his plans for the first team.
If you are accusing Mancini of applying his favoritism theory here, then please give us a concrete prove, not just plain innuendo. As for Deki, Veron, Favalli & Vieri, we can't deny that Mancini favors these players given Mancini's past relation with them prior to their transfer to Inter. But why on Earth would Mancini favor Julio Cesar? It's not as if, prior to the start of the season, Mancini has quarrelled with Toldo too.

You have a point, but nothing has been proven that confirms Julio Cesar impressed during training far greater than Toldo had. As it stands, everything we have discussed in this thread regarding the Toldo incident are mere opinions. What is not mere opinion though, is the fact that Toldo has continually proven, over the years, to be a far greater keeper than Cesar has been thus far. As such, a missed pre-season campaign coupled with a possibility of a poor showing during training are not valid factors for a complete and utter dismissal of Toldo from the first team spot from the outset of this season's campaign.
To make an analogy, so I guess Vieri should have been the first-choice starter, at the expense of Martins, at the start of 04/05 despite Vieri having a horrendous pre-season form just because Vieri has done far greater more than the Nigerian in their respective careers?

I've never said that JC's constant selection throughout the season so far was based on the pre-season. All I said was that JC was given the first chance to shine, by virtue of the pre-season, and then he grabbed it.

Of course. However, it would have been unfair on Toldo to be removed from the first team spot given his ability and performances toward the end of last season. A failure to perform well during training doesn't equate to the absence of ability.
It would be unfair for Toldo to be permanently removed from the first team, I agree. But, it would be more unfair if he was given the first opportunity to shine at the start of the season. Toldo hasn't been removed from the first team yet, I believe. All Mancini did was to give JC the first opportunity to shine when the season started and the Brazillian has done just that.

And, it would be unfair if, in the middle of his in-form performances, JC was substituted out from the first team just to give Toldo a chance to prove that he hasn't lost his ability.

So, basically you love flashy goalkeepers? Do you know why goalkeepers usually seem to make great saves? Mostly because they have mispositioned themselves in the first place. A good goalkeeper may seem like a dull keeper, but it´s all about positioning yourself. You misjudge your position and you have to try to make flashy save. Of course it feels great to see that, but the most important thing is to have a great goalie, not only a flashy one.
On the contrary, I don't think Julio Cesar is a flashy goalkeeper but instead, a goalkeeper who make everything looks easy. I can recall one quick example this season and that is against Messina when he made a very difficult save from a D'Agostino shot, which was heading to JC's far post bottom corner, and made it look easy. And he didn't have any exagerrative reaction after that too.

Like i said earlier, last ten matches of last season - when we finally had a good defensive line in front of Toldo - Toldo conceeded only four goals. Last five matches and he kept clean sheet for 450 minutes. How did we repay him? We took Cesar - who didn´t even play in Chievo - and let him be our 1st goalkeeper. :lol:
Chievo's loss then. ;) We never played Pirlo too and look where he is right now with Milan.

It's not as if we are repaying Toldo's effort for Inter in the past by benching him completely. As mentioned in my arguments with Tim, I'd rather say that we are repaying JC's impressive pre-season by putting him ahead of the queue order in terms of impressing Mancini when the season proper starts.

Hand;)yo

Miki
15 Dec 05, 17:41
Choosing Julio Cesar over Toldo at the start of the season was definitely a riskier option instead of sticking with Toldo. However, it was a justified risk and one that is not very risky. It wasn't as if it was just all talks and news as Mancini did watched him in the pre-season and confirmed to himself that JC was a good goalkeeper.
We are not in disagreement about whether the risk was justified, or not. It is obvious that with Julio Cesar's current form, Mancini's decision to pick Julio Cesar has paid off, thus far. What we are in disagreement about, is why Toldo was dropped from Mancini's first team plans right from the outset of this season. By all accounts, Toldo's great form from the latter half of last season should have ensured himself a place in the starting lineup.

Julio Cesar may be a good goalkeeper, but he was a relative unknown when compared to a great one in Francesco Toldo. The latter has proven his worth many times over the years; what has the former done, besides the possibility of impressing during the pre-season games and in training, that has given him the chance to usurp Toldo's starting spot?

Again, i reiterate - Toldo had a great run in the latter half of last season, and did a good enough job to ensure his place for the next season. Whatever he didn't do during pre-season and in training should not take away the fact that he is a goalkeeper with the inherent ability of greatness. As i have mentioned, the lack of form in pre-season is not the absence of ability. Starting Julio Cesar over a proven goalkeeper in Franceso Toldo on the basis of performance in training was a terribly risky move by Roberto Mancini.

Judging from JC's pre-season performance and in the qualifier against Shakhtar, no, I wouldn't berate either of them since JC has got potential and it was a risk worth taking. Again, as mentioned, this risk we are talking about is not very big.
Would you have thought so at the beginning of the season, before the first game was played? I wouldn't have trusted Julio Cesar in all honesty to start for the team.

Tim, again, JC's in-form period was closer to the start of the season compared to Toldo's in-form period. Hence, the former should be given the first opportunity to shine. And when I say opportunity, it doesn't translate to a permanent spot in the first-team.; it's just a run in the first match for a few matches but if he did well, he'll stay.
This is of course, pure conjecture. We would never know if Julio Cesar was in fact performing better than Toldo during training.

Besides, even if Julio Cesar was the better goalkeeper in pre-season training sessions, it still does not change the fact that Toldo is in general terms, the better keeper.

Again, you are simply of the opinion that Mancini's choice of goalkeepers to start the season, in this case Julio Cesar, was merely a test to gauge his worth in regards to the competition. If opinions and assumptions were the order of the day, i could simply conclude that Mancini's choice of goalkeepers from the outset was simply because he didn't like Francesco Toldo.

If you are accusing Mancini of applying his favoritism theory here, then please give us a concrete prove, not just plain innuendo. As for Deki, Veron, Favalli & Vieri, we can't deny that Mancini favors these players given Mancini's past relation with them prior to their transfer to Inter. But why on Earth would Mancini favor Julio Cesar? It's not as if, prior to the start of the season, Mancini has quarrelled with Toldo too.
You have already agreed with me that Mancini pratices favoritism.

This is the scope of your argument thus far -

1) Mancini has only known Julio Cesar
2) Mancini has known Toldo for a longer period of time

Therefore,

1) Why would Mancini prefer Julio Cesar over Toldo?
2) Mancini could not have quarrelled with Toldo

You are using an argument from personal conviction. Whether Mancini does really favor Julio Cesar or not, he has a track record of practicing favoritism, and as such, you cannot discount the possibility of favoritism here. Questioning his motives will not get this argument anywhere, since everything we opine is pure conjecture.

To make an analogy, so I guess Vieri should have been the first-choice starter, at the expense of Martins, at the start of 04/05 despite Vieri having a horrendous pre-season form just because Vieri has done far greater more than the Nigerian in their respective careers?
This is a false analogy. Martins played in games in the season 03/04 and did in fact impress the fans. Julio Cesar was never an Inter player prior to this summer and was therefore, never given a chance to impress the fans.

I've never said that JC's constant selection throughout the season so far was based on the pre-season. All I said was that JC was given the first chance to shine, by virtue of the pre-season, and then he grabbed it.
We are not in disagreement here. Julio Cesar took his chance, and he took it well. However, it is the reasons behind his sudden rise to prominence that i am debating about.

It would be unfair for Toldo to be permanently removed from the first team, I agree. But, it would be more unfair if he was given the first opportunity to shine at the start of the season. Toldo hasn't been removed from the first team yet, I believe. All Mancini did was to give JC the first opportunity to shine when the season started and the Brazillian has done just that.
It's obvious that Toldo has been removed from the first team spot.

Besides, why would it be more unfair if Toldo started the season over Julio Cesar? Toldo had a great latter half of last season, and was the bigger name between the 2. If anything, it would have been more unfair if Toldo had been dropped in favor of Julio Cesar than the other way round.

Ciao,
Tim

Jake
15 Dec 05, 17:43
Damn you guys write too long posts. ;)

This is what I think (in a nutshell):
- there's "something" wrong with Mancini and Toldo, we saw that when Toldo made his comments earlier on this fall. Besides Mancio benched Toldo already last season when actually our defence was leaking like Titanic.
- is commitment really that important? A more commited player should be chosen instead of the less committed one? I'm referring to Han Solo's comment. If this was the case I can name several players from our past (and current squad) who have been more committed thatn the ones who actually get chances to play.
- IMO Julio Cesar has been solid, but nothing spectacular especially when our defence has been so good. In fact Julio Cesar hasn't really made that many saves in all.
- maybe ppl remember better how Julio Cesar plays, because ha plays all the time. It is a known fact that in time ppl start to forget things, that's why many here seems to have forgotten Toldo's good spring last season.
- I think Inter has been disrespectful towards Toldo. Still this is nothing new to me, it's quite common that here in Inter we spit in the faces of yesterday's heroes. Too bad that usually the players would still be as good as ever, but we just throw them out after everything they've done for us. Disrespect is cruel and ugly and I'm ashamed at times when I see it among Inter fans.

Like I said, I honestly believe there's something wrong behind the scenes, we just don't know it yet. Maybe we'll find out after Toldo leaves Inter. Of course everyone will say that don't believe Toldo, he's just a bitter traitor. After all there's absolutely nothing wrong with holy Inter, who sits next to Jesus in heaven...

Frisko
15 Dec 05, 18:51
Excellent points Han.

Some of you guys seem to be really focused on the reason why Julio Cesar was given a chance in the starting 11.

For one thing, who cares? We'll never know the whole story, that's between Mancini and the players.

A coach job is not making the most obvious choices anyway. They follow their instinct, they watch the players training everyday. They must keep into consideration the good of the club, including financial factors.

Just remember that we have found a great keeper and saved a shitload of money.

I assume you keep asking yourself why Toldone was dropped because you admire him a lot and it's difficult to see him on the bench 24/7.

I do understand that, but talking about favoritism and stuff like that is a bit pathetic, a coach job is to make choices, if you call them favoritism, then he will NEVER be right in your eyes.

Miki
15 Dec 05, 20:06
Some of you guys seem to be really focused on the reason why Julio Cesar was given a chance in the starting 11.
Yes, we are, specifically since the reasons for Mancini doing so have been shrouded in controversy. The best we could do is to debate the point, rather than to bury it in the 'who cares' pile. You may not care, but we do.

For one thing, who cares? We'll never know the whole story, that's between Mancini and the players.
There are people who care. That's why we are having this argument.

A coach job is not making the most obvious choices anyway. They follow their instinct, they watch the players training everyday. They must keep into consideration the good of the club, including financial factors.
I disagree. If coaches followed their base instincts all the time, rather than resorting to informed and educated opinions, we'd be in a load of mess.

Just remember that we have found a great keeper and saved a shitload of money.
But who's debating this point? All we're having here, is a discussion involving the possible reasons why Toldo was dropped.

I assume you keep asking yourself why Toldone was dropped because you admire him a lot and it's difficult to see him on the bench 24/7.
On the contrary, i like Julio Cesar a lot, even as much as Toldo. However, i am intrigued at the possible reasons for Toldo's disappearance from the first team, and would like to pursue the reasons for that.

I do understand that, but talking about favoritism and stuff like that is a bit pathetic, a coach job is to make choices, if you call them favoritism, then he will NEVER be right in your eyes.
No coach is ever perfectly right, and Mancini certainly isn't, He does practice favoritism, and this is one of his bad points. However, his good points do outweight the bad, therefore making him a good coach in my eyes.

Ciao,
Tim

Hammoudi
15 Dec 05, 23:26
Reading some of the posts here, there may afterall be something we don't know. I haven't seen all the games in the England tour, so there is a chance that Cesar wasn't that impressive after all.

Also, I remember the Supercup win over Juve. Toldo made great saves, but he also had few blunders that an efficient Juve would have taken. Maybe that was the last straw, and Mancini was convinced Toldo is going downhill.

Or, there might be another reason that we don't know. Miki's (or Tommi's) theory about the incident where Toldo hit back after being benched maybe true. Also, I remember Ziyad having a theory of his own, but the Brainy Bahraini didn't share it with us.

BTW, who was Toldo's last coach at Fiorentina? I remember Mancini coaching Viola and leading them to a Cup title. Maybe there was something there as well...

Vic
15 Dec 05, 23:51
The debate is pointless. All we can do is accept what Mancio has done and luckily it has worked. To me it is very likely that Toldo and Mancio still have not healed their wounds but as long as the results come I will not play much importance to this saga.
I hope that Toldo finds another club where he can practice his trade and then show us what he had in store.

FORZA TOLDONE!! E CESAR!!

I don’t just like Italian players I like players that play for Inter!

My only wish is that we start using our youth program more often and not just for useless games.

snake
16 Dec 05, 00:29
Maybe Mancini saw things about Cesar that we never saw when he came. Maybe he was really impressed with him in training which his form has translated into games

Wallace
16 Dec 05, 00:54
i honestly think toldo is mistreated...he should have given a chance to leave inter if mancini already decided who would be the first choice goalie before the season started...

and now, he created a little morale problems for us fans and the team...

Hammoudi
17 Dec 05, 00:16
I checked into it, and it seems that Mancini started coaching Fiorentina right when Toldo left. Don't know if they had a training together or what, but maybe Mancini wasn't fond of Toldo back then and okayed his sale.

But this is unlikely since Viola needed to sell badly at that time. And I doubt Mancini would want to sell the Toldo back then. So, it's another Inter mystery that will only be solved when Toldo leaves.

snake
17 Dec 05, 01:12
omg all this mistreated shit. For goodness sakes, a keeper who has outplayed Toldo rightly deserves to play in front.

WTF is all this disrespectful shit you guys are talking about, in the natural game of soccer when a player has played badly over a year and then a younger and better keeper has proved his worth naturally he plays.

Dida and Abbiati
Reina and Dudek (despite his hero UCL game)
Cech and Cudicini
Cesar and Toldo

Now in every case the keeper who has replaced the other keeper has been younger (despite Dida i think) But it jsut shows you, when a young keeper with better reflexes and positioning is playing better he fkn plays.

Every team in the world will take it as a good thing for the team that the better keeper is playing despte his nationality i.e. Dida

But then fkn usual Inter fans have to make a fuss about anything, how can we expect the players to play in a better enviroment if even when a keeper is playing well we question his position on the field.

FFS.

Miki
17 Dec 05, 03:03
But then fkn usual Inter fans have to make a fuss about anything, how can we expect the players to play in a better enviroment if even when a keeper is playing well we question his position on the field.

FFS.
Well Helal, i hope you didn't have me in your mind when you made your post as i haven't been critical of Julio Cesar's ability. Rather, i was simply questioning the reasoning behind Mancini's choice of keepers right from the outset. As it stands, i am perfectly pleased with what Cesar has done for Inter, thus far.

Ciao,
Tim

snake
17 Dec 05, 03:46
my post was not aimed at you tim..

Wallace
17 Dec 05, 07:17
omg all this mistreated shit. For goodness sakes, a keeper who has outplayed Toldo rightly deserves to play in front.

WTF is all this disrespectful shit you guys are talking about, in the natural game of soccer when a player has played badly over a year and then a younger and better keeper has proved his worth naturally he plays.

Dida and Abbiati
Reina and Dudek (despite his hero UCL game)
Cech and Cudicini
Cesar and Toldo

Now in every case the keeper who has replaced the other keeper has been younger (despite Dida i think) But it jsut shows you, when a young keeper with better reflexes and positioning is playing better he fkn plays.

Every team in the world will take it as a good thing for the team that the better keeper is playing despte his nationality i.e. Dida

FFS.

wtf r u on about
im just saying players would be playing in better environment if toldo left early on this season, nothing to do with julio cesar.
Toldo's case is different with other old goalies, he stood up and criticized mancini while others didn't(at the time wrong time). YEs, he said sorry and that's okay for us, but it does affect the atmosphere within the team. I'd rather have Carini as 2nd and Toldo gone.

nothing to do with cesar's ability.

catanha
17 Dec 05, 07:40
all this waffle makes baby jesus cry.

the fact here is that it was stupid of Mancini to play Cesar at the start of the season ahead of Toldo.
But the major fact is that his risk has paid off, and Cesar (yet) has not been at fault, it doesn't mean he is better than Toldo, but if it ain't broke....then don't fix it...simple as that.

snake
17 Dec 05, 11:47
Catanha how is it 'stupid' or a 'risk'. The games were in England and were all friendlies.

Thats hardly stupid or risky to play Cesar there and to see his ability.

catanha
18 Dec 05, 01:02
the point flies right past helals head, situation normal all farked up.

I was referring to our first Serie A game.

snake
18 Dec 05, 01:30
by our first serie a game Mancini would of easily seen Cesar enough. UCL qualifying (BOTH GAMES AGAINT SHAKTHAR), England and other friendly games not to mention training. Thats surely enough to see mate, get back to the drawing board :D

catanha
18 Dec 05, 03:03
CL games were qualification matches. Friendlies are friendlies. Serie A was the first genuine real game of the season.
Back to yer hole.

snake
18 Dec 05, 04:34
CL games were qualification matches. Friendlies are friendlies. Serie A was the first genuine real game of the season.
Back to yer hole.

Friendlies or CLqualification it will still give you an indication of a player.

JC played in EVERY single of those games and that showed Mancini that it wasnt such a big risk after all.

What does that have to do with being a genuine Serie A game, thats the whole point of pre season friendlies. To see your new players and find a starting 11, der.

catanha
18 Dec 05, 05:48
Back to yer hole.

Friendlies or CLqualification it will still give you an indication of a player.

:lol: :lol: ffs..
I think that says more about you than I ever could.
:redface: kids....

snake
18 Dec 05, 05:50
lol you resort to that cause you got nothing to say cause u know what i said is true.

Handoyo
18 Dec 05, 08:08
If friendlies, CL qualification and second-rate tournament like WC U-21 don't give an
indication to a players' talent, then we will never hear of Messi right now.

Hand;)yo

catanha
18 Dec 05, 22:39
A friendly is a farking friendly. If friendlies give indications, then Ian Rush would've been a Juventus legend right now, ffs.
Qualification is still a competitive game, but it is not the big time. Serie A is when the season has started, and there is no resting of players, no fringe players are given goes, the first game is your best Xi and thats it.

And please, WC-21 might be a second rate tournament to us, but the u/21 that is the best tournament they would've have played in, so they give it their all, as does the coaches who have been assigned and that is their WC....so I don't see how on earth you could possibly compare that to friendlies, but thats your intellect....I guess...I see no possible comparison.

Wallace
18 Dec 05, 23:50
well, i can recall chino always did well in pre season...he always work hard in preseason and did well in those friendlies, but when it comes to the real thing....ahem ahem..

snake
19 Dec 05, 00:08
well, i can recall chino always did well in pre season...he always work hard in preseason and did well in those friendlies, but when it comes to the real thing....ahem ahem..

Yeh thats because Chino packed his bad and came to england didnt he? He stayed in Italy and it was Oba who showed some good form there.

24 Dec 05, 16:52
Interesting news from Sky.

Toldo offered new deal

Internazionale have offered Francesco Toldo a new contract, although the veteran goalkeeper is delaying a decision on his future.

Toldo has been playing second fiddle to Julio Cesar at Giuseppe Meazza this season, but is still wanted by Inter coach Roberto Mancini.

The club have offered the shot-stopper an extension to his deal, which expires in the summer, and Toldo is expected to give an answer after the Christmas break.

But he could also quit Inter in search of regular football, with Palermo, Udinese and Benfica all on his trail.

Benfica appear to be favourites for Toldo, although the Portuguese giants have alternative options as they look to sign a new keeper.

Liverpool's Jerzy Dudek, Rennes' Andreas Isaksson and Setubal's Moretto are other targets for Benfica.

Meanwhile, reports in Italy claim that Inter are watching the situation of Djibril Cisse at Liverpool with great interest.

The France international has been linked with a move to Marseille, but could also have an offer from Inter, if the European champions decide to sell with the striker in the New Year.

and another report bout Cisse. :rolleyes:

04 Jan 06, 15:02
Toffees in Toldo link

Skysports.com understand Everton are pondering a move for Internazionale goalkeeper Francesco Toldo.

The 34-year-old looks like finding himself squeezed out of the picture at Inter and has already been linked with a move to local rivals Milan.

Fresh speculation is now suggesting that Toldo has suitors in England, namely Everton with Arsenal also keeping track of the situation.

As the former Fiorentina number one is out of contract in the summer, a move could be beneficial for both Toldo and Inter.
Everton are believed to be in the market for a new goalkeeper with Nigel Martyn coming to the end of his career and Richard Wright appearing not to figure in the long-term plans of David Moyes.

Palermo and Benfica are also long-term admirers of Toldo and it seems as though the Italy international will find himself on the move this month.

Toldo is thought to be keen on a move away as he looks to get regular first team football in the second half of the season so that he can make a bid to secure a place in Italy's World Cup squad.

The player's agent Claudio Pasqualin admitted Toldo would be interested in a move to Everton, but that they could face competition for his signature with a number of other sides making offers for his signature.

"Francesco is a Bosman in the summer and there are offers in for him now," Pasqualin told skysports.com. "Palermo and Benfica in Portugal have made offers for Francesco.

"In the market in England I know Everton like Francesco and their manager is clever in that he has bought players from Italy before so he knows all about Francesco.

"If he receives a good offer Francesco would welcome a move to England and I think Everton would be a good solution for Francesco.

"There is also the possibility that Milan could sign him as back-up to Dida."

Pod
04 Jan 06, 15:41
"There is also the possibility that Milan could sign him as back-up to Dida.":yuck: :yuck: :yuck:
Don't be another triator Toldone :moan:

kova9
04 Jan 06, 17:32
Come on don't make him a traitor if he goes there..We treat him like shit here,so why shouldn't he go?? Of course, I wouldn't like it, but if he is unhappy why should he be here?

Frisko
04 Jan 06, 17:37
Oh ffs kova, how differently do you think they would treat him at Milan?

And competition is part of a footballer's life, if he didn't like it, he should have chosen another job, or a smaller team.

To be honest, it's not a question of Toldo saying stuff, he only said that he didn't expect to be on the bench, that's all. It's fans that say 'we are treating him with no respect'. That's simply bullshit.

Anyway if he goes to Milan he'll break my freakin heart...

Mikkel
04 Jan 06, 17:38
there is no way he would be stupid enough to join Bbilan, he knows that he will end in the exact same situation that he is in right now.

Enricos
04 Jan 06, 17:41
Toldo in surprise Everton link
Wednesday 4 January, 2006
Former Italian international goalkeeper Francesco Toldo could leave Inter for Everton in January, according to reports.

The 34-year-old has today been linked with a Premiership switch following a series of New Year moves for a number of shot-stoppers in Serie A.

The most significant move is that of Antonio Chimenti who has penned a two-year deal with Cagliari after he left Juventus.

The arrival of Chimenti seems to have closed the door on Fabian Carini who is on loan at the Sant’Elia from Inter.

The Uruguay international could therefore be recalled to the San Siro as back-up for current first-choice Julio Cesar.

Such a switch would relegate Toldo to No 3 and with his contract set to expire in the summer, he may be sold immediately for a small fee.

Everton have been paired with the goalkeeper who was undoubtedly the best custodian during Euro 2000 when Italy finished as runners-up.

Toldo has rarely featured in the games that matter so far this season, having made just one appearance in Serie A, one in the Champions League and two in the Coppa Italia.

Meanwhile, Sampdoria are said to have made Everton a £3m bid for striker Marcus Bent. The Italian club are after a forward after Emiliano Bonazzoli was ruled out for the season.

Hmm, it seems Toldone's days with us are numbered

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan4g.html

Pi
04 Jan 06, 18:39
If it comes true it can be a new breath for Toldo since in INTER Julio Cesar is here to stay, I am sad to watch him leave, but right now it seems the best way for Toldo and for INTER.
I hope he continues to show is great quality as goalkeeper.
The best of Luck.

minterke
04 Jan 06, 20:03
Toldo will stay because next year it will be Cesar on the bench. We need italian players, keep that in mind.

Miki
04 Jan 06, 20:07
I don't think Inter would sacrifice Julio Cesar's good form for a 35 year old Italian in the next season. It is more likely that, if the Italian players ruling comes into effect, Inter will buy Italian players to fit other departments.

Ciao,
Tim