PDA

View Full Version : We finally got rid of Hector Cuper!

Frisko
26 Oct 04, 20:36
From Inter.it

CUPER CONTRACT DISSOLVED
Tuesday, 26 October 2004 20:23:45

MILAN - F.C. Internazionale communicates that the club has reached an mutual agreement with Hector Cuper to dissolve the contract which was due to expire on 30 June 2005.

INTER_FAN
26 Oct 04, 20:36
that means he is getting a job and wanna be free,

Gismo
26 Oct 04, 23:03
Thank God.

Good luck to him in Fiorentina perhaps. :D

Fabio
26 Oct 04, 23:06
Now that's a big saving!

If he did stay on with that contract we would still have to give him another Ģ3m! :eek:

Phew! :star:

Fabio ;)

SB9Dragon
27 Oct 04, 01:42
I also think that he could be named the new Fiorentina coach soon...

Hammoudi
27 Oct 04, 01:50
Little respect for the man that resurrected our club and help raise us from the ashes. We were stuck in mediocracy for years untill he came and help restore our prestige. I want to remind you that he took us to within a game from the scudetto with a very very average team. We never got him Nesta or a true CD, nor Kily or a decetn LW, but still he worked with what he had.

I don't agree with his tactics at times, but he remains one of my favourite coaches of all time. He will help whatever club he coaches, and i think Fiorentina will benefit from his hiring.

My own predicition is that he'll go to Real Mallorca, where it all started in 1999. He took this unknown spanish club to a copa del rey title and to the finals of the last ever UEFA cup winners cup where he was beaten by Lazio via the best goal Vieri ever scored.

Good Luck Hector!!!

INTER_FAN
27 Oct 04, 03:19
You know Hamed, I start being a die hard inter fan in Cuper era, so I cant speak so badly of him, many times he drove me crazy with some of his tactics which are a great reason for early heart attacks.

but I guess from an overal view he did a great strategic plan for Inter moving them forward, but this guy either lacks something really bad on tactical level or he is jinxed with Nr.2 position, which was okay for Inter in the beginning but later it wasnot enough.

I wish him all the best, but watching INter now, we are better but we need more strength.

Hammoudi
27 Oct 04, 04:50
Let's look at the facts. In all of the 4 finals he led his teams (Mallorca, Valencia twice, and Inter,) he was the underdog. As I mentioned about Mallorca, he took an unknown Valencia side to two CL finals. Then, he took a team from finishing 7th to within a game from winning the toughest league competition in the world, all in the year after.

Give Cuper a complete squad and trust me he will win a championship sooner than later. I admit that he has to concede some of his defensive tactics first.

Handoyo
27 Oct 04, 08:10
:star::proud:

Definitely my favourite coach of Inter of all time. It was a complete unfairness that he was always slammed by the media and fans over his defensive tactics and his results are always overlooked. The man performed a near miracle and give credibility back to the club after years of mediocrity under the hands of Lucescu, Hodgson, Lippi and Tardelli.

Grazie Cuper! Thanx for all the memories you brought to us and for renouncing your contract. Good luck in whatever job you will get! Unless if you're facing us. ;)

Hand;)yo

J zanetti
27 Oct 04, 09:25
All the best to Cuperman, a geat coach indeed. He made our players united. He treated everyone equally and made alot of differences while in charge.
Shame he didnt manage to go all the way....

I rather see my Inter play anything BUT spectacular football as long as the results we want is being achieved.

p.s Still miss the way he clapped evey player on the chest / heart when they came out of the tunnel prior to each game.

Javier Zanetti
27 Oct 04, 10:44
Finally !
Saved us $3M.

Ziyad
27 Oct 04, 11:13
I wish him all the beset and hope he is successful no matter where he is...a true great for Inter fans. I was just thinking of how he put us in such a good situation since he took over immediately and it isnt easy to come close and not win and still compete again and again...He might be defensive and gives heart attacks sometimes but he was a coach that reserructed Inter..That deserves RESPECT :star:

Fabio
27 Oct 04, 11:29
My love for Inter really broadened when Cuperman was in charge.Sure he didn't win us anything but he came close to it!It was good to see his strong mentality - one of the most famous footballers in the world leaves the club because he doesn't like the coach,Cuper doesn't moan - he gets on with his job.Sure his tactics were a bit dodgy but at the moment he is my favourite coach,unless of course Mancini can do even better! :D

Fabio ;)2

Gismo
27 Oct 04, 12:25
Handoyo, do you like him more than Helenio Herrera - our legendary coach of Grande Inter? :eek:

Sure he deserves respect for what he did. :star: And I agree the criticism for his system was unjust when the results were good. But he was too stubborn, always the same system which is not clever. And his sacking in the end was very fair, just too bad Moratti failed to act in the summer instead...

Bianconeri
27 Oct 04, 12:34
Finally !
Saved us $3M.

probably not that much, surely you paid something to him first...

Pod
27 Oct 04, 13:01
With that managment noone would win something.

Respect Senior Hector :star:

snake
27 Oct 04, 14:39
Finally !
Saved us $3M.

probably not that much, surely you paid something to him first...

Most people think it saved us alot, but they forgot the fact we still have to pay him out, i read somewhere that this is not cheap at all...

sinisza
27 Oct 04, 14:58
I noticed good will of Cuper... he went without all the money from Inter...
leave so much money .... what a stupid !

Gismo
27 Oct 04, 15:08
Correct me if Iīm wrong but wasnīt Cuper pissed when we sacked him? He might hold a grudge against us and demand all the cash... :eek:

Javier Zanetti
27 Oct 04, 15:12
He can't , he probably got an offer from another club(Fiorentina,Mallorca?).
But he's not allowed to work for another club as long as he us under contract for us , so he asked us to cancel his contract , by that he gave up the $3M we owe him.

intermilansg
27 Oct 04, 16:11
With that managment noone would win something.

Respect Senior Hector :star:

Fully agree with the statement. Eventhough his tactics are a bore, i would love to see him coach this current team and show what he is capable of.

:star: CUPER :star:

Gismo
27 Oct 04, 16:14
Letīs have a poll! Do you want Mancini or Cuper coaching this team? :star:

Frisko
27 Oct 04, 16:20
Cuper was a great coach for people who only care about the result, with his "Capello-style" football.

Not being such person, I surely didn't love him. He caused Ronaldo to leave, and the Brasilian surely had a point, since he left a club that was playing catenaccio football for a team whose aim is to play spectacular and highly entertaining football. (No wonder that now he's talking about coming back, since Mancio is our coach!)

Cuper lost all my respect by staying at home and taking our money, refusing several coaching offers. He showed no respect to Inter.

I hope you can take Fiorentina to serie B Hector! :stuckup:

Gismo
27 Oct 04, 16:48
I donīt believe Capello is that stubborn.

About Retardo Ronaldo Bastardo: If he had any respect for us he would have stayed to fight no matter how "dull" the coachīs style is...

Frisko
27 Oct 04, 21:48
I donīt believe Capello is that stubborn.

About Retardo Ronaldo Bastardo: If he had any respect for us he would have stayed to fight no matter how "dull" the coachīs style is...

Capello is possible even more defensive than Cuper.

And yeah sure, Ronaldo should stay forever at Inter, after all he can play until he's 50 years old, and who cares if you don't win anything even if you're the best player in the world?

Why go to Real? Stay in a super-defensive Inter! :dielaugh:

Gismo
27 Oct 04, 21:57
In hine side Iīm happy we sold him though after seeing him lose sight of his old self. Still itīs a question of loyalty, something he doesnīt possess for Inter.

Hammoudi
28 Oct 04, 02:35
p.s Still miss the way he clapped evey player on the chest / heart when they came out of the tunnel prior to each game.

Not to mention the sharp suits, the exquisite jackets and the red Marlboro he used to smoke. This guy has some style in him!!!

Letīs have a poll! Do you want Mancini or Cuper coaching this team? :star:

I am 20000% that if Cuper was our coach right now, with this arsenal of players, we will be first without a doubt. Just Imagine, we finally have a decnt defence (with Burdisso's addition) and world-class wingers in both flank. We would be talking double and treble right now.

Cuper lost all my respect by staying at home and taking our money, refusing several coaching offers. He showed no respect to Inter.

That's harsh to say, you have to understand Cuper first. He has principles and guidelines that he always follows (like a suspended player will never travel away with the team and stuff.) One of these is he doens't coach a team from mid-season. There weren't any good offers last summer, besides he said he wanted to stay with his family for a year. It's not about the money whatsoever. Now he might change his mind and coach the Viola from mid-season.

If you heared his words after he was sacked you could tell he loves this club. He said he will have this club in his heart forever and I know I have him in mine. :stuckup:

CafeCordoba
28 Oct 04, 09:59

Cuper lost all your respect? :D And was that respect towards Cuper when he was sacked after just two months played in the season? When he at the first time in his Inter career had the players he wanted (wingers).

Frisko
28 Oct 04, 15:52
Cuper lost all your respect? :D And was that respect towards Cuper when he was sacked after just two months played in the season? When he at the first time in his Inter career had the players he wanted (wingers).

Just part of the job. And principles my ass, he just loved to sit on the couch and cashing Inter's cheques. He can rot in Serie B for how much I care.

Yeah, treble. How lovely would be to be playing catenaccio Juve style. So that when you win in Valencia, instead of getting praised by the international football community, you get insulted and called the end of football.

Gosh, how much I miss him! :dielaugh:

Pod
29 Oct 04, 10:00
Sacking after 2 weeks was big shock for him.He needed to rest.And he rested only for one year.You still blame him ?He could sit at Como to the end of the contract with expire in 2005 if you remember but he didn't do it and we saved lot of money.

Jimmy
29 Oct 04, 11:06
Frisko a question,

Were you happy when we lost to Lazio in 2002? Because by the looks of your posts, you donīt want your team to win if itīs done in a defensive way. Therefore I am interested in knowing if you were pleased with that loss so that Inter didnīt win the Scudetto in a season where defence was our main-weapon.

Frisko
29 Oct 04, 23:19
Frisko a question,

Were you happy when we lost to Lazio in 2002? Because by the looks of your posts, you donīt want your team to win if itīs done in a defensive way. Therefore I am interested in knowing if you were pleased with that loss so that Inter didnīt win the Scudetto in a season where defence was our main-weapon.

I see your point Jimmy, and I'll try my best to explain my point of view.

First thing, I'm a fan. When Inter does well I'm shouting and jumping around, and when we do badly I curse and I'm grumpy.

During 1998 and 2002, 2 years when we almost won the title, I was very focused on our target: the Scudetto. I became an Inter fan just before Inter won the 13th title, but I was only 10 back then.

Living in Italy is different for a fan: every Monday you go to school and if your team lost they make fun of you. If I had a penny for every Monday when I felt like crap getting up because of Inter I could afford to have Djorkaeff playing in my garden for my own amusement.

So, of course I was happy for each one of our victories. But when people were criticising our way of play, I basically just had to shut up. They were right, and I knew it.

In more than 15 years as an Inter fan, I never felt emotions as big as the ones I felt when we beat Arsenal last year, and Juve. Things that just never happened before. Apart from the many victories in the derbys, and the Uefa cup against Lazio (and against Salisburg, but just cause I was at the S Siro).

I always been proud of Inter, but never as much as right now. Even with not positive results, we play such attractive football. English commentators are always harsh on Italian teams, and it's great to hear praising from them.

Jimmy
30 Oct 04, 10:46
So was that a yes or a no? :D

Frisko
30 Oct 04, 15:04
Let's put it like that, if someone walked into the room at the 90th minute of Lazio v Inter, with a cheque for a million dollars for me, that wouldn't have wiped the tears off my face.

That was the only time ever that I cried for a sport event. When Italy lost the WC on penalties I didn't.

You got a clear answer now I think :P

Jimmy
30 Oct 04, 15:13
Alright. ;)

So you can understand why a Juve fan would be happy if they won the Scudetto this season?

Frisko
30 Oct 04, 15:41
Of course I do Jimmy. I understand that they're happy because they're winning, I would be too. But they're point of view is not neutral, as mine isn't.

That doesn't change the fact that someone's playing rubbish football and someone is reaching for the stars (quoting Il Drago btw).

Everyone wants different things, someone wants points, someone wants to have fun watching his team and be proud of the way they play along with the results they achieve.

For example, I was very proud of the fair play during the derby, Inter and Milan players showed the whole world what a class act they are.

Jimmy
30 Oct 04, 15:53
Yeah, and I wasnīt happy seeing Cambiasso mutching with Kaka at all. ;) I want our team to consider Milan a rival and not to become friends with them.

Lecce - Inter was from a neutral point of view one of the most entertaining games this season, and perhaps in the last ten years. But was I even close of being pleased and entertained after the game? Nope. I get entertained by victories and points. I leave the attacking stuff for those who donīt root for the team to decide. I simply canīt sit on the coutch and say: "I hope I get to see an entertaining match"
I say: "I hope we win"

Pod
30 Oct 04, 18:13
Cuper at Mallorca :eek:

Gismo
30 Oct 04, 20:46
Crazy... Best of luck.

cool_cuchu
31 Oct 04, 14:59
I always respect cuper, and 99% of coaches will do what cuper did...

it's very tense coaching inter, and being sacked like that in the middle of the season, everyone needs some kind of break after hectic years...

I find cuper as an excellent coach, but I find him to defensive.... with cuper we will not have veron as our player, and we have missed many chances of signing stylish players under cuper's reign...

but cuper is the kind of coach with principal, so we can predict his decision... but with cuper many of our players wont reach their utmost potential, especially those with more attacking mentality...

adriano was reluctant to come to inter..., and I think he would suffer under cuper... cuper will love players like karagounis, stankovic, cambiaso or emre...

but we have to remember that this coach is putting the team together and give the team a team spirit...

shortly, I respect this coach and i wish him luck...

Gismo
31 Oct 04, 17:25
Mallorca lost 1-2 today at home to Racing Santander. :(

Fabio
31 Oct 04, 19:58
He's been in the job for one day! :D :rolleyes:

Fabio ;)

Gismo
31 Oct 04, 19:59
Just expressing my regret.

Hammoudi
02 Nov 04, 03:37
Good luck to my man Cuper at the new job!!! He is back to the place where it all started, and who knows this could be a new and less defensive Cuper. I like to give this new experience a hopeful title, Cuper at Mallorca II: Death of Catenaccio.

BTW, Farinos must feel blue. The man who made him a star and the same man who made him a bench-warmer for 2 years is coaching him again. Good thing is that at least they are in Spain now where Cuper -- Farinos was a good combination.

Marco The Butcher
02 Nov 04, 13:17
Grazie Cuper. Arrivaderci my hero!
I like to use statistics with any analysis I make, but with him i am biased. He is the best coach in the world. He lost a lot but he is the best. Today he said that one day he will return to Italy, and personally I am waiting for him to come back here, to Inter.

He will come back home. :proud:

Hammoudi
04 Nov 04, 15:46
No Viola move for Cuper Tuesday 2 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hector Cuper has admitted that he is unlikely to succeed Emiliano Mondonico as boss of Fiorentina.

The latter was axed last week and the Argentine was strongly talked about as a replacement.

But the former Valencia boss has admitted that he is more likely to move back to Spanish football for the immediate future.

"Majorca have made me the most interesting offer," he told SKY Sport Italia. "Fiorentina? That’s not an option right now but I would like to come back to Italian football in the future."

Cuper has been out of work since he was sacked by Inter in October 2003. Does he have any regrets?

"I would have wanted just a little more time but I understand that there is a limit to patience," he answered.

"If I could turn back the clock then I would have probably done a few things differently but I won’t tell you what."

The South American was then asked whether his Inter side could have been successful if Adriano hadn’t have joined Parma.

"I don’t think so," he noted. "Adriano was very young back then. After all, I had Christian Vieri and Ronaldo in attack. It would have been hard to leave one of them out."

The San Siro giants have had another difficult start to the season but Cuper has faith in new boss Roberto Mancini. "There is still time to put things right," he concluded