PDA

View Full Version : Change of a coach, or transfers, or both?

Luka
03 Dec 10, 21:11
This is simple poll.

There are many groups I've noticed, and I'm just wondering what people think is the true reason we sack. People who want coach sacked or not, are already known, but with transfers it's not, cause many people say different things.

The poll is public with only 1 possible answer, just a reminder.

skeet
03 Dec 10, 21:14
both, but the coach should definitely be changed first, there is nothing in rafa's history that suggests he will make good transfers

Suneet
03 Dec 10, 21:15
Both.

The only transfer we need is in attack IMO.

Almirony
Just change of coach, nothing else. We have more than capable roster for scudetto fight.

DIN011
Where's the poll?

La Brujita
03 Dec 10, 21:16
both, but the coach should definitely be changed first, there is nothing in rafa's history that suggests he will make good transfers

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Anyway, I give up on this season. There's little to no possibility we'd finish in the top 3 to get in CL next year, and our chances in winning the scudetto is much slimmer.

We shouldn't get too many crap players in January since they'll stay a lot. Maybe we should get a few 6 months loan players along with sacking Ben.

Stefan
03 Dec 10, 21:17
Both for me. But first thing to be done is sacking the manager so we can atleast still somehow manage a cl spot, if rafa stays we won't. Transfers can only be fully fixed come june. We only do some decent things like cassano and ranocchia in jan nothing more. So for the imediate future the coach change.

Luka
03 Dec 10, 21:19
Poll done.

Vote guys, I'm very interested in results.

ps. 14 days timeout.

Lionheart
03 Dec 10, 21:26
New coach? Well who? New players? Every fuckin' club president will act like a friggin' poacher who want big sums for their players, knowing we are struggling & Moratti with his big wallet is desperate to fix the team by throwing money at it.

Having all these stuff in mind, Moratti probably has another thing in the back of his head... You know what? What the hell happened to that Inter stadium?!

blackmore
03 Dec 10, 21:44
we need 2 transfers....benitez out cassano in

jmaster
03 Dec 10, 21:45
Been thinking a lot about it, and I think we must change the coach. I've defended him because he honestly doesn't have much players to choose, but even when we had those players, we were under performing, and not really convincing... We must sack Rafa, sorry...

bibonzo
03 Dec 10, 21:49
Both.

The only transfer we need is in attack IMO.

I also agree that the only hole is the lack of another Balo but I voted to just sack Rafa simply because I believe we have a squad that shod be doing a lot better even without that extra player. Milan, Roma and Juve have a lot more holes and problems yet they look like 2 classes above us. Bring in a competent coach then patch the problems.

Fitzy
04 Dec 10, 03:26
Its both for me. I've been trying to convince myself for months that things will change for the better once we get a full squad back and Rafa will pull us out of this rut somehow, but I just can't see it happening. Now, not even looking at the tactical issues surrounding the team atm, its obvious that the team lacks ideas, and most importantly, belief. The players don't seem to believe in the coach, and a change in coach has the potential to fix this problem.

Its not all Rafa's fault though, obviously. After winning the treble, we added nothing to the team. Nothing. It stinks of arrogance. If anything, the squad is weaker than last year. Rafa is in a sad situation, since its not completely his fault we are where we are, but the players might have a renewed sense belief if a new coach came in.

Luka
04 Dec 10, 08:07
Nobody will applaud my bravery ? :P;)

It's a good thing though, that many recognise the transfers problem. Maybe that way, if Benitez is sacked, people will throw it in here and there, when the Benitez "era" will be brought up.

I think the worst thing (to judge) would be to get a new coach, get the needed reinforcments in january, the most of the injured players to return, and then to start playing better. Simply because of the "We will never know what would happen if" syndrome. Nobody could say for sure that it's the new coach that made the difference, or the other things, or both. Wow, that would suck :P

CafeCordoba
04 Dec 10, 09:01
I think the worst thing (to judge) would be to get a new coach, get the needed reinforcments in january, the most of the injured players to return, and then to start playing better. Simply because of the "We will never know what would happen if" syndrome. Nobody could say for sure that it's the new coach that made the difference, or the other things, or both. Wow, that would suck :P

Worse thing? Why worse? Wouldn't that be just good for Inter? I care about how Inter is doing. I don't care if we can't determine who's fault this horrible autumn was, I really don't. Why should anyone care? (other than our management)

Luka
04 Dec 10, 11:26
Worse thing? Why worse? Wouldn't that be just good for Inter?
Cafe, read it again:

I think the worst thing (to judge)

blackmore
04 Dec 10, 11:57
the parameters to judge here in both instances just fly out the window in these 2 scenarios(IMHO). Its just to many variables to take into account, plus emotions are running high and deep. But no matter what happends, its still going to happen, its human nature.

CafeCordoba
04 Dec 10, 12:03
Cafe, read it again:

Okay. To judge for sure.

But like I said in New coach thread, I'm not judging anyone anymore at this point. I want what is best for Inter and at this point I see changing a coach being the best for Inter (+transfers too, when speaking about the topic of this thread).

Luka
04 Dec 10, 13:02
Okay. To judge for sure.

So now you read it. Thank you ;)

Suneet
04 Dec 10, 14:21
Has Rafa bribed you?

Inspite of your threads about him :P, I will still hate him, he for me will always be the man that brought us back to where we were before Calciopoli, injuries or not, he made tooooo many mistakes, some of them he could have avoided without the injuries but to me that is 20% of the blame, the rest is all him. Believe it or not.

Luka
04 Dec 10, 14:44
Has Rafa bribed you?

Did Jose also bribe me, when I was deffending him ? ;)

No, nobody bribed me bro. I'm sticking for what's best for Inter. If it was Dunga, or Spaletti, or Jose, or Mancini or whoever, who had all those things, I would write everything the same way. Benitez has absolutely NOTHING to do with this. I'm not his fan, I'm Inter fan.

Inspite of your threads about him :P
;)

I just created two threads, including this one, which is a simple poll. So I created one real thread that is dedicated to him, and it wasn't even about Benitez per se, as it could be about any coach that is evaluated under some unlucky circumstances.

Besides, like I've said in the other thread, I just had a lot of stuff on my chest and had to write it down, to at least not feel guilty 10 years from now ;);)

Azzkikr
04 Dec 10, 15:38
We need both obviously.

Benitez was hired to continue the work of Mourinho, not to get build a new team around him.

Because of that and then the fact that the scudetto is now officially beyond our reach this season there is no reason whatsoever to keep Rafa, UNLESS the club believes enough in him to build a new team around him.

Like already discussed in other threads, when everyone is fit, we have the oldest starting 11 in the world. Its safe to say that most of our players have peaked and are over the hill. Its time to build up something new and if the club doesnt believe Rafa is a coach to stick with during a buildup phase then we might as well sack him immediately and find someone to stick with with while we renew.

This has nothing to do with being negative btw, its the facts. We had an amazing 4-5 years, but nothing lasts forever, after a great periods of dominance teams more often than not has a quiet period with alot of rebuilding. This is what Inter faces now together with the financial fairplay stuff that will change football as we know it.

I see no point in keeping Rafa for such a project tbh, id prefer a younger coach, with new ideas and visions to build a new team on. Obviously we need new players as well, preferbly players in their early 20's to build the team on, so that they will peak in 3-4 when we realisticly could be back as a scudetto contender.

I know its hard to accept and alot of people will be in denial and call me an idiot for saying it, but the fairy tale is, the team has fulfilled its potential, peaked and won alot, but is now decaying rapidly, the Inter era is over. Its time to be smart and buildup something completely new instead of trying to patch things up out of desperation. The sooner the club realises this, the sooner the rebuilding phase will begin and the sooner we will be back as a top team.

It should start next summer, which will probably be last time we can make alot of changes to the team if the financial fairplay goes into effect from 2012. Buy new players to new players to build the team on so we are ahead when the FFP goes into effect instead of it hitting us hard 1-2 years after.

pazzainteramala
04 Dec 10, 17:22
we need to sign multiple midfielders. deki motta are tooo injury prone. cambiasso is as well, i suspect coutinho is as well.. we need to reinforce our mf. and you cant forget about muntari he is shit.

La Bling
04 Dec 10, 22:10
I haven't really been following this or any of Luka's threads, but can you really make the argument that it's all about injuries? He wasn't exactly tearing it up at the beginning of the season either.

rockball
05 Dec 10, 08:47
Injuries or not, players in form or not. Somethings have gone beyond control. Even if a coach has to play the Primavera, losses like 3-1 to Lazio, 3-0 to Tottenham and others are unacceptable.

DIN011
05 Dec 10, 14:02
Injuries or not, players in form or not. Somethings have gone beyond control. Even if a coach has to play the Primavera, losses like 3-1 to Lazio, 3-0 to Tottenham and others are unacceptable.

Also add a 1-0 loss against Roma who hadn't won a single league game before and a 2-1 loss against fucking Chievo.

And drawing against the 2 worst teams in the league...

.:42:.
05 Dec 10, 14:34
Even after we winning the champions league we knew that our team was far from being perfect. There was still room for plenty of improvement.
But instead of improving the squad we only invested in the future, which isn't a bad thing, but we totally made a mistake in not improving the current squad.
A winger, a leftback, a world class miedfielder is still needed and they were needed even before the injuries. Now with Benitez who managed that even our big guns like Milito to get far from his last years form, we even need more reinforcements unless he refind his mojo.

To conclude: Transfers were always needed only now we might need even more as before the season. And a new coach, even if Benitez isn't responsible for everything is also needed. Even more if he insists players like Kuyt and Lucas in the transfer window of January.

Mercenary
05 Dec 10, 14:35
Read this (http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/01/17/the-five-reasons-rafa-benitez-must-leave-liverpool-football-club-now/) guys.. (17.01.2010)

Fucking pathetic!

In short..

The Five Reasons Rafa Benitez Must Leave Liverpool

1) Baffling team selection (I can write many examples but i believe there is no need,we all know)
2) Failure to take any blame whatsoever following any defeat he has made the team suffer and acting like an insane person in post match interviews (Fuck you donut! This is what hurts me the most)
3) Making bizarre transfer selections (Thank god he didn't get the chance to do them)
4) He has lost the dressing room (Chivu situation and i believe there are many others.. Cassano will rape him if he comes)
5) There are better managers out there.(It's not so hard to be better then this fat donut)

pazzainteramala
05 Dec 10, 18:58
what we need is a temporary coach for half a year to get us as high as possible in the 2nd half of the season, a free coach like dunga or rijkard would be a good idea.

Sid
07 Dec 10, 07:03

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

exactly what I wanted to say..first thing is first rafa must go.

Santiago
21 Dec 10, 17:00
Firstly, Rafa has to move away and then we have to buy some top class players. Moratti must put money again otherwise we won't have any chance to antagonize Milan.... No Aguero, no Forlan, no Mascherano :( none of the big names we approached came to Inter because Massimo didn't want to spend big amounts of money...

crzdcolombian
21 Dec 10, 17:43
Firstly, Rafa has to move away and then we have to buy some top class players. Moratti must put money again otherwise we won't have any chance to antagonize Milan.... No Aguero, no Forlan, no Mascherano :( none of the big names we approached came to Inter because Massimo didn't want to spend big amounts of money...

Moratti needs to go.... why didn't he get Ibra on loan? Why isn't he picking up Cassano FOR FING FREE !!!!

Blame Rafa all you want but look at the crap team we have right not and all the injures and not even Mourinho would have us in 1st place right now.

vitomins
21 Dec 10, 17:53
Moratti needs to go.... why didn't he get Ibra on loan? Why isn't he picking up Cassano FOR FING FREE !!!!

Blame Rafa all you want but look at the crap team we have right not and all the injures and not even Mourinho would have us in 1st place right now.

Unless I am mistaken, Cassano will not go to Milan for free. Sampdoria could not rescind his contract, so they will require some money if he is to move.

vasilios
21 Dec 10, 23:48
Unless I am mistaken, Cassano will not go to Milan for free. Sampdoria could not rescind his contract, so they will require some money if he is to move.

From what I've read, the only money being paid is the 5mil to Real Madrid that was part of the clause when they sent him to Samp, and even then Milan is only paying 2-3mil of it. He would have cost us the same amount that we pay Mancini every year :palm:

wera
10 Jun 14, 11:40
Why change coach when the coach is doing so well

- - - Updated - - -

Why change coach when the coach is doing so well

crzdcolombian
10 Jun 14, 13:02
Too late to
Change coach but he has 0 excuses Et letting him pick his players and his formation. At this point everything is 85% WM fault when it comes to results. The guys we are linked to are actually good and we are linked to getting rid of the guys in our team that should not be here which is exciting.

wera
10 Jun 14, 13:40
:trolldad:

Biancosaur
10 Jun 14, 14:48
HERES WHAT I DONT GET!!! we had mourinho we allowed him to pick his transfers... then we got benitez, he requested a few players. we said " no, we just won the champion league, means were the best, we don't need players" or my personal favprite " not selling maicon and milito are our big transfers" suck a lemon Massimo.... then we get gasperini.. HE requests players... we say " no heres zarate and forlan" (players that don't even fit into his formation) NOW that we have mazzari were back to letting the coach pick players... problem is , he only wants bottom of the barrel garbage that will help keep a game 0-0. but gues what, he has no cavani. so when does he demand cavani. we didn't let semi intelligent coaches request any players. but we let mazzarii.. WM! to run a transfer window... a mercato where cerci, xhaka, and mvila are the alternatives to behrami and biabiany......

crzdcolombian
10 Jun 14, 21:28
Look lets let the coach decide who he thinks is good. WTF was Cuadrado at Udinese he wasn't even a starter or Cavani before Napoli. Had a couple good goals and games but a coach gave him a shot now both are worth over 30 million euro.

We need the right guys not the most expensive or biggest name ones. If we had 23 Chinese or Jamaican no name players but they got us to Champions League next year, Won us the Europa League or Serie A I'd be happy as shit. People are crying because we aren't linked to Aguero anymore (that link has always been BULLSHIT !!! )

Wings
11 Jun 14, 02:38
Letting the coach run the transfer window is a sure way to failure. That's mostly the sporting director's job to do.

(also, is there a single transfer thread where crzd doesn't bring up Cuadrado?)

crzdcolombian
11 Jun 14, 03:19
Letting the coach run the transfer window is a sure way to failure. That's mostly the sporting director's job to do.

(also, is there a single transfer thread where crzd doesn't bring up Cuadrado?)

we were linked to him but got Schuletto instead :)

Armes
11 Jun 14, 06:04
^ It was Ranieri's fault

crzdcolombian
12 Jun 14, 04:03
^ It was Ranieri's fault

blame it on management and the Asado Clan. Remember Zanetti saying he would be his successor haha. Then 90% of this forum said Cuadrado sucked :)

Wings
12 Jun 14, 23:29
blame it on management and the Asado Clan. Remember Zanetti saying he would be his successor haha. Then 90% of this forum said Cuadrado sucked :)

Link to Zanetti saying Schelotto is his successor?

Also, being linked to Inter doesn't really mean shit.

nutsncider
01 Sep 14, 23:30
We should just open a manager thewad because clown mazzarri is going to get the sack when were 12th by January

Kakaroto
01 Sep 14, 23:34
Nah.