PDA

View Full Version : Dejan "Deki" Stankovic

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Pani
04 Apr 04, 23:03
It's obvious that he is our best player last weeks!A great transfer!
I hope he will continue playing so well!

FORZA DEJAN!

Ziyad
04 Apr 04, 23:08
I am glad he is doing better...He was involved in all three goals one way or another...quietly involved lets hope his next games he explodes. :star:

SB9Dragon
04 Apr 04, 23:39
Stankovic is doing well and hopefully he can continue to do so and hopefully get even better :star:

Hammoudi
05 Apr 04, 02:51
Just give him time and he will reward us. I was really feeling pround when he reiterated his claim that he chose inter over juve because he wants to taste the sweetness of winning with us. I really find that strange because you expect any modern athlete to go for the money or a ready-made winning team. He would've got the same money from both teams but he chose us, this makes me privliged. I just hope he fits as a playmaker and we move forward with him.

cool_cuchu
05 Apr 04, 03:13
i always pay attention on his atittude toward the game...

I didn't know that he was playing out of position... but i notice his confidence, even when we played badly .. he is not disturbed as if he knows that he can play a great game .... a bad game is just an episode..

a player like brechet or (former) farinos or (former) mutu or many other stars newly signed by inter who're very young, doesn't have such confidence... that prevented them to display their true potential...

tonight, I just know that he was given the chance to play on his normal position and played a great game...

Ziyad
05 Apr 04, 05:33
I agree even when he doesnt look like he has a good game its comfortable to see him since he fights and so u think he can change within the game at any point...Not many ppl are like that.Its tough to come back like that unless ur strong mentally.

Stefan
05 Apr 04, 23:12
At last he played in the role that suits him and was great.

cool_cuchu
06 Apr 04, 00:56
if u notice the attitude of these players, u should be very hopeful of the inter team next season : Stan, Oba, Javier Zanetti, Karagounis, Cordoba...

they show no fear and always feel comfortable no matter who they play against... I would say the same to Cruz.. but I doubt it he would feature much next season if he's not sent away. (I m talking about mentality)

Many players show improvement in term of enjoying the game more..

we just need to keep this thing going, we will be the strongest team in the world next season

Giorgio
06 Apr 04, 17:58
I will admit that at the beginning I was cautious of Deki's signing now my opinion has changed completely, what a great buy!

cool_cuchu
06 Apr 04, 19:26
I will admit that at the beginning I was cautious of Deki's signing now my opinion has changed completely, what a great buy!

if juve wants a player so badly, he must have a certain quality..:)
i am convinced if he moved to juve, they would make him the next nedved..

Baggio
07 Apr 04, 14:22
Yeah Stan is a great player. The assist he made to Martins in Juve match was very unselfish and precise. I can gurantee that every player in our team would shoot that ball but Stankovic didnt.
IMO if Zac always fields him as a playmaker he will be our regular goalscorer.

Handoyo
07 Apr 04, 16:28
Now how does Deki being a playmaker relates on him being a regular goalscorer??? :D Well, actually although Deki hasn't really settled yet and provide that 'missing link' to our midfield, he has provided something else. That is, goals from midfield. In just a few months, Deki has actually scored more goals this season compared to all of our midfielders. :eek: That is, if you don't consider Van Der Meyde as a midfielder (Both has 3). Although one come from a freakish corner, it doesn't alter the fact that he's at least scored some for us from midfield, something we don't have for the last years or so.

Hand;)yo

Ziyad
07 Apr 04, 18:35
As Stan settles even more along with Adriano...I think we have a great squad that will scare anyone in the CL next season,once we qualify :D

SB9Dragon
08 Apr 04, 00:21
IMO next year will definately be Stan's year and who knows? Perhaps Inter can finally win the Scudetto....

Ah what a great thing to dream huh? Especially when its in reach :D

kev32
11 Apr 04, 10:41
Stan plays verry good and i hope he will become an even better player.

Fabio
11 Apr 04, 16:22
I get a positive feeling when I see Stan play,he will have a great future with us no doubt! :star:

Serb
13 Feb 05, 02:56
What do all the non-Serb people here think of this player?

How do you rate him?

snake
13 Feb 05, 03:04
we have 2 other threads on him in this area and if u check them youll see that practically every1 here loves him and adores the attitude he brings to the game.

forza deki.

Serb
13 Feb 05, 03:07
we have 2 other threads on him in this area and if u check them youll see that practically every1 here loves him and adores the attitude he brings to the game.

forza deki.

Well excuse me, I didn't see them. I scanned through the first page and couldn't see them.

snake
13 Feb 05, 03:13
sorry i diddnt mean that u shouldnt open it. cause there on the last pages, but what i meant by it was that if u see them youll know everyone here loves deki. When he came during last season him and adriano were the main reasons we got that champions league spot.

Serb
13 Feb 05, 03:17
sorry i diddnt mean that u shouldnt open it. cause there on the last pages, but what i meant by it was that if u see them youll know everyone here loves deki. When he came during last season him and adriano were the main reasons we got that champions league spot.

He's kind of struggling in the past few months isn't he though?

I'm not saying he's bad but not as good as he was at the begging of the season or the last half of last season.

snake
13 Feb 05, 03:20
thats right. but his position on the pitch has been juggled alot. eventually he will regain his form. his passion is there, and thats important.

edit: Fixed :D

Miki
13 Feb 05, 03:51
thats right. but his position on the bitch has been juggled alot. eventually he will regain his form. his passion is there, and thats important.
Bitch? :D

Stankovic is a tremendous player that offers any team a lot in terms of skill, industriousness as well as width on the field. However, i'm very biased, so maybe i'm not exactly the best person to be answering the initial question. :D

Ciao,
Tim

snake
13 Feb 05, 10:04
lol wow, only miki would of picked th at out :D

Gismo
13 Feb 05, 12:17
Clearly a player of world class caliber. Strong physically, tecnically and has a great shot. His determination is always great. His versatility is a secret weapon of ours. It´s a great luxury to have such a good player who can play everywhere in midfield except as a ballwinner. It´s true he should have been benched months ago but there´s no point looking back. We made a complete coup when we got him. Lazio practically gave him away.

Jimmy
13 Feb 05, 13:16
thats right. but his position on the bitch has been juggled alot.

Oh man, this is like the funniest thing ever posted on FI. :D

snake
13 Feb 05, 13:20
lol u got that right. wat make it worse the letter 'B' isnt anywhere close to the letter 'P'. what was goin on there :confused:

Gismo
13 Feb 05, 13:22
Maybe a little too happy about the victory from yesterday? :D

Granit
13 Feb 05, 19:25
What do all the non-Serb people here think of this player?

How do you rate him?

I think he is a really good player, but he is not in form right now...
hope he is back at his best soon!

SB9Dragon
13 Feb 05, 20:26
With Kily back, Dejan will be forced to step up his game to keep his starting spot on the LW.

Some of you guys believe that Mancini will switch to a formation where Kily is on the LW and Stan is on the RW, but with CZ and Cambiasso doing so well in the middle of the park and Veron controlling the tempo and adding other aspects to the side while being placed in a RW-CM position, I really see no chance of that happening.

Frisko
13 Feb 05, 20:34
One of the best midfielders in Serie A, amazing attitude, great skills on the ball. His movement without the ball is vital to create spaces for the other midfielders and the strikers.

A vital player for us.

ForzaInter
21 Feb 05, 09:17
He is a great player... Doing a great job on the midfield...

Handoyo
21 Feb 05, 11:34
I thought he did well against Udinese on Saturday. Unlike Veron or Van Der Meyde, Stankovic just did the simple things which is to work hard and most importantly, made some crosses. The crosses weren't spectacular and could be improved but at lease we saw some! I think we should try him out on the right for a few more games because the last few games he played on the left, he has been quite disappointing.

Hand;)yo

Ari
21 Feb 05, 11:38
I thought he did well against Udinese on Saturday. Unlike Veron or Van Der Meyde
You mean Kily, I quess. If he is better on right than left. We should think about moving Veron permanently to middle. But I doubt we will see Deki in the middle ever.

Handoyo
21 Feb 05, 11:41
No, I meant Stankovic. :D He played on the right against Udinese and made some crosses. I hardly recall a Van Der Meyde or Veron crosses when they were our right midfielder/winger.

Although Veron did well in the middle against Udinese, I personally prefer to see the C.Zanetti - Cambiasso tandem in the middle. Both have played so well with each other and it has helped stop the leaking defence. I understand though that Mancini may wanted to rest Il Martello against Udinese in view of the Porto clash.

And on the left, it should be Emre. :stuckup: Yup, no place for Veron in this team. :D

Hand;)yo

CafeCordoba
21 Feb 05, 12:59
Although Veron did well in the middle against Udinese, I personally prefer to see the C.Zanetti - Cambiasso tandem in the middle. Both have played so well with each other and it has helped stop the leaking defence. I understand though that Mancini may wanted to rest Il Martello against Udinese in view of the Porto clash.

And on the left, it should be Emre. :stuckup: Yup, no place for Veron in this team. :D

Hand;)yo

I agree completely. Cambiasso-Cristiano on the middle will secure the defensive play much more better, and when Veron isn't on the pitch at all. Kily and Stankovic on the wings :star:

Mikkel
21 Feb 05, 14:31
No, I meant Stankovic. :D He played on the right against Udinese and made some crosses. I hardly recall a Van Der Meyde or Veron crosses when they were our right midfielder/winger.

Hand;)yo

I dont agree, Emre can easy play alogside Cambiasso in the middel, and shoulden be played out of position, like he use to be, either we play Emre in the middel or we don't play him at all. personaly I prefer that we play with him then C.Zanetti. cause we suffer offensevly every time we play him alogside Cambiasso.

intermilansg
21 Feb 05, 14:53
Regardless of his nationality, I believe Stank is an essential member of the squad. His ability to play every midfield position certainly helps the team alot and he also pops in with a handful of goals.

Frisko
21 Feb 05, 17:47
Regardless of his nationality, I believe Stank is an essential member of the squad. His ability to play every midfield position certainly helps the team alot and he also pops in with a handful of goals.

Indeed. And I'll never get tired of saying this, his movement without the ball is a key factor in our attacking moves.

The_Egyptian_Interista
21 Feb 05, 17:58
Take a look at my siggy. ;)

I've always been a fan of Stankovic, great player no doubt about that. :star:

But this season he's been disappointing. As far as I can recall, he only had one good game all season long, against Valencia at the Mestalla. Apart from that game he looked clueless, losing possession cheaply all the time and failing to do anything worth mentioning.

It's official, he sucks as a left winger. We should use him where he played at Udine, on the right. At least he wouldn't have to cut inside as to be able to cross the ball, and definitely he's a much more reliable player than Van Der Merda. :mad:

snake
27 Feb 05, 01:55
thats right. but his position on the bitch has been juggled alot.

Oh man, this is like the funniest thing ever posted on FI. :D

lol that was shameful.

Hammoudi
27 Feb 05, 03:08
:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: I never saw that!!! Man, this was hilarious.

It's tied with one typo by a finish member who told Jake " I will be good" instead of "It will be good" after he offered him something. Funny stuff all around. :D

Pravesh
27 Feb 05, 03:11
Nice job HELAL. :P :D

Getting back to topic, we all know what Stankovic can do. Sadly, that hasn't been the case since few months. But lately, since 4/5 matches, I do think that he's picking up his old form slowly. Who knows, he might do it tonight. :fero:

Ziyad
27 Feb 05, 17:58
As much as he has been disappointing,anyone else how Stan is becoming like the best spokesman for Inter.. :)

SB9Dragon
27 Feb 05, 23:56
It's time Stankovic is dumped on the bench indefinately. Try out Emre and Kily on the left as a duo.

----Kily---------Emre----------Cambiasso-------Veron

Gaetan
28 Feb 05, 02:21
Stankovic has been out of form for awhile now and I think it'll only do him good to sit out and spend some time on the bench. I don't quite understand the talk about Kily Gonzalez, whom I've always thought to be far too moody and never quality enough to be on a big team. Van der Meyde should definately be given a starting job to see what he can produce IMO.

Stefan
28 Feb 05, 18:42
Stankovic has been out of form for awhile now and I think it'll only do him good to sit out and spend some time on the bench. I don't quite understand the talk about Kily Gonzalez, whom I've always thought to be far too moody and never quality enough to be on a big team. Van der Meyde should definately be given a starting job to see what he can produce IMO.

Van der meyde has gotten more than enough chances. The guys sucks. Plus he is a defensive liability. If you watch jz when advm plays he makes no forward runs the reason for this is he can't rely on advm at all.

Van der meyde doesn't do anyt crosses either that are worth mentioning .He sould be sold as soon as possible.

Miki
28 Feb 05, 18:45
Deki is undergoing a bad patch of late, and a drop from the first team is the only real solution to his problems. However, being the volatile character that he is, it will be tough on him to be relegated to the subs bench. Still, Mancini must realize now that Stankovic has been as inefficient in games as Adriano. If the latter can be dropped without much fanfare, than Deki certainly should. Unless both can come up with stellar games, i don't see why they deserve to start over more eager and performing individuals.

That said, Stankovic on his best day is a match winner. We can all just merely hope that he finds his best form before he loses the chance to prove his worth this season.

Ciao,
Tim

darsez
22 Mar 05, 18:23
I suddenly realized that Stan looks like him...
http://www.seikleja.net/static/failid/031/joey.jpg

"Joey" in "Friends"

snake
22 Mar 05, 23:56
lol i dont agree. but chivu? affirmative

Ari
12 May 05, 07:02
Is he going to operation at the end of the season?

Ziyad
12 May 05, 09:34

I hope he does whatever it takes to get him bac to last years performances...I mean last year this guy was great ,this year he has been nothing more than average..The problem is he has been used nontheless.
We need the old Stan back...Performing like he did under Zac :star:

Pod
12 May 05, 23:15

How is Dejan Stankovic?
"He's a bit better, but not that good. The hernia is causing him a few problems."

Looks that it will be neccesary.

Fabio
13 May 05, 17:43
Hopefully we will do all we can to get the real Deki back, anything except drugs...

Fabio :P

Handoyo
13 May 05, 17:50
If I were Mancini, I would suggest Deki to take the surgery now. Reason being, the 3rd place is more or less settled and it only helps us that Udinese is squaring off against Sampdoria in the Friulli this weekend.

For the Coppa Italia campaign, Karagounis has proven that he has been more than able in replacing Deki's role to the team. Kily Gonzales have looked promising on that left flank and Ze Maria, prior to his injury, was assisting for fun from the right. In the middle of the field; Cambiasso, Emre, C.Zanetti, Veron & Karagounis are more than enough for the last 6 (assuming we progress to Coppa Itala final) games of the season.

Hence, to prevent any possible delay for Deki in joining the pre-season, we should do the operation as fast as possible and thus giving Deki a chance to recuperate. Also, a selfish me would be glad if the operation causes Deki to miss World Cup qualifying matches for Serbia & Montenegro. ;)

Ziyad
13 May 05, 18:25
Where are the people who attacked Canna for not taking the surgery he didnt need now??? :confused:

Stan needs it,and he is playing i wonder what their opinions are of this...

Plus he isnt playing anywhere close to the Stan we knew while Canna was actually doing well towards the end of the season and doing superbly now.

Handoyo
13 May 05, 19:04
Very good point Ziyad. Stankovic this season has certainly been worse than Cannavaro's last season for Inter.

My spidey sense are tingling...Hamed is going to reply soon. :D

Pravesh
13 May 05, 19:10
Very good point Ziyad. Stankovic this season has certainly been worse than Cannavaro's last season for Inter.

I am with Ziyad and Handoyo here ,,,, :stuckup:

;)

Ziyad
13 May 05, 19:18

;)

The three wise men have spoken :D ;)

Hammoudi
14 May 05, 00:44
I was never a Stan guy to tell you the truth. I was kind of excited when we got him, but I rarely saw him before. However, I just didn't see him play great in a long stretch, usually it's one spectacular play a game every thrid game or so, and that's it.

Are you sure he is doing so to play with his team for the WC? If so, shame on him :fero:

catanha
14 May 05, 09:14

;)

The three wise men have spoken :D ;)

Except the only difference is that Stankovic has been played out of position all season, whereas Cannavaro was played out of position for about 3 weeks and that was in his first season @ Inter.

Stankovic leaving Inter shouldn't even be a thought!!

Handoyo
14 May 05, 10:58
I was never a Stan guy to tell you the truth. I was kind of excited when we got him, but I rarely saw him before. However, I just didn't see him play great in a long stretch, usually it's one spectacular play a game every thrid game or so, and that's it.

Are you sure he is doing so to play with his team for the WC? If so, shame on him :fero:
As shameful as you think Cannavaro is? ;)

Except the only difference is that Stankovic has been played out of position all season, whereas Cannavaro was played out of position for about 3 weeks and that was in his first season @ Inter.

Stankovic leaving Inter shouldn't even be a thought!!
It's not about performance. It's about the fact that Hamed think Cannavaro was shameful or a traitor and now, we face a similar situation here.

Hand;)yo

Frisko
14 May 05, 20:43
I love this picture!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/frisko/FI%20Forums/DejanandBudSmall.gif

Hammoudi
15 May 05, 00:57
For the record, I never felt, nor I do now, that Cannavaro was/is a traitor. But it's no secret that I don't think highly of him.

Also, Stankovic sacrificed to join us, and chose over Juve. Now how many times does this happen? He chose us because he wanted us, such a great man :star:

For that and for the fact that he has been played out of position, I will give Stankovic the benefit of the doubt.

Ari
15 May 05, 08:37
Selling Stankovic isn't an option. The guy will stay us for a long time.

Nice pic Frisko, though I'd cut left page away. :P

Frisko
15 May 05, 10:38
That pic is from Inter Football Club magazine, there's a nice article about Miha and Dejan. Dejan tells about how he used to be one of the kids who get the balls out of play and pass them back to the players (they're called raccattapalle in Italy, literally means pick-up-balls, I have no idea of the proper English word).

Needless to say, they're very close.

InterFCAustin
20 May 05, 03:33
For the record, I never felt, nor I do now, that Cannavaro was/is a traitor. But it's no secret that I don't think highly of him.

Also, Stankovic sacrificed to join us, and chose over Juve. Now how many times does this happen? He chose us because he wanted us, such a great man

For that and for the fact that he has been played out of position, I will give Stankovic the benefit of the doubt.

That's exactly right Hamed...guys like that can only help inter...

Frisko
01 Jun 05, 19:22
I've just made a tape with all Inter goals in Serie A and CL this season.

I'd just to point out that, even if Dragone had a bad second part of the season, we shouldn't forget all he's done in the first part.

The amount of goals and assists during that period is nothing less than stunning. His season was NOT all negative, not at all.

Choppin Onions
01 Jun 05, 21:25
Stankovic has been below-average this season, especially compared to last year where he was our 2nd best player behind Adriano. But..... he's been dealing with that Hernia thing for awhile and he's been played out of position by Mancio all year. It's hard to rip a guy when he's dealing with stuff like that. Hopefully we see the real Deki next season.

I thought his blatant hand-ball was one of the individual highlights of the season, considering his situation. I laughed my ass when they showed the replay. I think he forgot which sport he was playing. ;)

Frisko
01 Jun 05, 21:30
Stankovic has been below-average this season, especially compared to last year where he was our 2nd best player behind Adriano. But..... he's been dealing with that Hernia thing for awhile and he's been played out of position by Mancio all year. It's hard to rip a guy when he's dealing with stuff like that. Hopefully we see the real Deki next season.

I thought his blatant hand-ball was one of the individual highlights of the season, considering his situation. I laughed my ass when they showed the replay. I think he forgot which sport he was playing. ;)

As I said, what you say is right for the second part of the season, but not the first. Stanko was instrumental in all CL games in the group stage and vital in serie A during that period.

As for the handball, my first reaction was the same as yours, but then I was told by Jimmy that he did it on purpose so he wouldn't risk to get suspended on the first day of next season.

snake
18 Jun 05, 07:11
frisko thats an awesome avatar! But can you do me a favour mate, can you look at the picture where Stan is hugging Miha closely. Look at Stankovics right Hand :D i love that man.

Frisko
18 Jun 05, 08:06
frisko thats an awesome avatar! But can you do me a favour mate, can you look at the picture where Stan is hugging Miha closely. Look at Stankovics right Hand :D i love that man.

:eek: Is that a black and blue ring? Gosh well spotted helal!

By the way, reading threads about Stan's season, many people say he's been our worst player and bullshit like that.

If you made a tape of Inter goals, just one after the other, like I did, you'd see how many goals and assists he was involved in until his hernya problem came up.

Also, I think some people judge Stan as a LW expecting him to do the job Kily would do.

If Dejan plays on the left side of midfield, that means Mancini will sacrifice crosses and runs down the wing in order to obtain more control of the ball in the middle of the park.

Stankovic starts on the left but his job is not to go down the wing and cross. His job is to cut in the middle and shoot from outside the area, or cut in the middle and create space for strikers by attracting defenders.

He did this brilliantly against Juve at the S Siro, it's amazing how you can see this kinda thing if you're actually there and not watching the game on tv, you obviously can see how the player move when they're not close to the ball.

Another factor influencing his performance his the performance of the actual strikers. If their movement puts them in the condition of receiving the ball, this will give the midfielders an option. Otherwise, they'll have to protect the ball or pass it back.

Handoyo
18 Jun 05, 16:56
As much as I like Deki, that ring thing actually may not mean much. The skeptical part of me says that Deki only used that to cover a real ring beneath it. There's a rule that a player cannot wear a jewelry into the pitch. Perhaps a necklace but earrings and ring are not allowed. Hence, perhaps Deki have to cover his ring, which could be his wedding ring, and since there is an Inter finger band available, he use that.

BUT! I'm not saying that it's confirmed. It's just a skeptical guess. I like Deki whether he's an Interista or not. :)

Hand;)yo

Frisko
24 Jul 05, 14:14
http://www.inter.it/media/desktop_scud/12864.jpg

Great one eh?

snake
24 Jul 05, 16:11
thats Fkn awesome, thanks francesco

24 Jul 05, 18:04
http://www.inter.it/media/desktop_scud/12864.jpg

Great one eh?

i am not getting it ... blank page ! :frustrat:

Frisko
24 Jul 05, 18:09
Try this one:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/frisko/FI%20Forums/DejanWinner.gif

Cro Nerazzurro
24 Jul 05, 18:18
were is that pic of deki, and ring?

24 Jul 05, 18:19
Try this one:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/frisko/FI%20Forums/DejanWinner.gif

awesome ... thanx mate :D

Enricos
07 Aug 05, 22:24
Found this on the web, also a present for Frisk:

http://dhost.info/dalibor/wall/65_1024x768.jpg

NeRanZurri
07 Aug 05, 22:35
Enricos your picture isn't working..

Enricos
07 Aug 05, 23:27
hmm, it is here, try this:

http://dhost.info/dalibor/wall/65_1024x768.jpg

Frisko
08 Aug 05, 00:01
Thanks my friend :proud:

Vic
08 Aug 05, 00:55
It did not work for me! :cry:
Dragone!!

Frisko, is the sufix ne just added to make bigger?
ie, Toldone = Big Toldo or great Toldo?
I like Italian and I would like if ou clear it up for me. Thanks champ!

Frisko
08 Aug 05, 09:59
Yes Vic, spot on. Actually is the sufix "one", in case of Drago and Toldo these words already end with an 'o'.

Vic
08 Aug 05, 12:33
Yes Vic, spot on. Actually is the sufix "one", in case of Drago and Toldo these words already end with an 'o'.
Thanks mate! You should be an Italian teacher! I love the pronunciation as it is very similar to spanish!

Pod
08 Aug 05, 22:27
Internazionale winger Dejan Stankovic has welcomed the signing of Luis Figo despite the threat the former Real Madrid Galactico will pose to his own place in the team.

Stankovic admits that he has never faced such competition for his favoured right-sided midfield berth but insists that it can only benefit Inter.

Speaking to Serbian newspaper Blic, he said: "Good competition for every place on the pitch is more than welcome.

"When the coach has more choice it makes the players work harder to keep their place. This motivates us and that can only be positive for the team.

"During all the summer friendlies, I have played in my favourite position on the right flank. We will see what happens with Figo in the team," he added.

Stankovic also hopes the acquisition of Figo will help Inter sustain a title challenge for the coming season, having fallen away prematurely last term.

Stankovic declared: "Every year we start among the title favourites but by Christmas we are adrift of the leaders. We are determined not to fade away this time."

Frisko
08 Aug 05, 23:46
What a gem of a player and a man :proud:

NeRanZurri
09 Aug 05, 08:43
What a great Sportsman ! thats the spirit !
I Love Deki for his great personlaity, and i don't forget him a great moments a Inter and Lazio.
I Know his worth, and i know what he can, so i really expact him to prove all the Anti-Deki wrong, and give us a great season while he switches between the midfield and the RW Position, i don't think he really got a lot to offer at the LW position, probaly not more then Kily can offer.
Yalla Stanko !

NeRanZurri
09 Aug 05, 09:10
GOOD JOB DEKI !!!
http://www.dejan-stankovic.com/Fotografije/deki426.jpg

Hammoudi
11 Sep 05, 12:57
Happy birthday Deki :star: I hope next year will see you improve.

kova9
11 Sep 05, 15:52
Happy b-day Deki..

Frisko
11 Sep 05, 15:54
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/footballcentral/FootballCentral/292478_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

Happy Birthday Dragone!

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/gen/fi/20050323/i/2393039903.jpg

Adriano@10
11 Sep 05, 18:05
happy birthday Deki

Enricos
11 Sep 05, 18:40
Happy birthday Dragone :star:

Fabio
11 Sep 05, 18:55
Deki, may your best form come back in this year, Happy Birthday!

Fabio :proud:

Stefan
11 Sep 05, 19:52
Happy bday stankovic. :)

Choppin Onions
12 Sep 05, 01:54
Happy B-Day Deki! :star:

SB9Dragon
17 Sep 05, 04:26
I heard Stankovic play really well against Artmedia which is fantastic. Anywayz hopefully he keeps it up, whichever side he's on. I can't wait to see him and Figo both at their best raising hell for the opposition.

Frisko
08 Oct 05, 21:20
Shit! He picked up a muscular injury with the NT, he could be bad.

I guess we'll see some Solari/Kily now...

catanha
09 Oct 05, 01:37
Yep, it was his hamstring.
Which is sort of a good thing, because I'm happy he is gonna miss the Serbia-Bosnia match...he could've come away with worse injuries than a hamstring after that match.

korn-ivan
09 Oct 05, 23:04
People, Deki has suffer a very bad injury :(. Like Crespo few years ago if you remmember.
One month atleast out :(...but i think it will be 2 months.:(

Opeum
10 Oct 05, 01:02
a really versatile midfielder. and i rate him high.

Raineri
10 Oct 05, 13:29
Just when we are gonna have Zanetti back..another important player to us injured. F*** this :(

snake
08 Nov 05, 06:49
The most optimistic thing about this break, is that maybe Dejan Stankovic will be back playing with us :)

Oh god how we have missed him.

darsez
09 Nov 05, 07:37
good...then we don't have to play Ze Maria and WOME :yuck: :finger:

Pravesh
09 Nov 05, 08:09
The most optimistic thing about this break, is that maybe Dejan Stankovic will be back playing with us :)

Oh god how we have missed him.

Lets hope you are right Helal. But would it be enough for Stankovic to be back to his good form ??

---------------------- J.Cesar ----------------------

J.Zanetti ---- Cordoba --- Samuel ---- G.Favalli

L.Figo ----- S.Veron ---------- Cambi ---- Stanko

---------------- Martins ----- Adriano -------------

I don't think we would had been 10 points behind Juventus had we got to play with the above line up a bit more. J.Zanetti at right back, Cordoba at the centre back, in-form Stankovic at left wing are what we have been missing this season and not to mention in-form Adriano as well.

:rolleyes: WE WILL BE BACK ... HOPE WE FULLY UTILIZE THIS BREAK ... and not instead lose other players as well .. :hopeful:

;)

Choppin Onions
09 Nov 05, 08:55
Good point Pravesh. That's probably our best starting lineup and the amount of time the ENTIRE group has played together has been minimal. We definitely wouldn't be 10 pts behind Gobbi had that group been together, especially JZ who we've sorely missed.

snake
09 Nov 05, 09:16
ya, great lineup.

09 Nov 05, 12:42
any news on how long more it will take Stan to make a comeback ?

will he be back by the end of nov ?

the derby is on the 11th and i hope Stan gets fit atleast 10 days b4 that.

i dont fancy that diamond midfield.

Pravesh
09 Nov 05, 12:54

Which diamond midfield ??

:confused:

INTER_FAN
09 Nov 05, 16:08
any news on how long more it will take Stan to make a comeback ?

will he be back by the end of nov ?

the derby is on the 11th and i hope Stan gets fit atleast 10 days b4 that.

What a timing to post this, today i was reading from INter.it that Stank was doing some speed excercies with and without the ball, give him 2 weeks and he can play again and i see him ready for the Derby,, wow what a time to come back :) I love this guy,, his passion many times makes the difference,, and we were cruising with him and figo playing :)

09 Nov 05, 19:38

like the one Mancini tried out against Lazio after Hammer came on

Pravesh
09 Nov 05, 19:58

like the one Mancini tried out against Lazio after Hammer came on

I thought you were pointing at my line up, the one few posts earlier. :P

;)

16 Nov 05, 06:27
Stankovic Close To Full Recovery
11/16/2005 6:43:00 AM
The Inter midfielder has started training regularly with his team-mates on Tuesday.
Good news for Roberto Mancini who is slowly recovering important first team player Dejan Stankovic after the midfielder had injured himself over a month ago during the Lithuania-Serbia & Montenegro match.

There is no date yet set for when he will be able to play for the Nerazzurri again, but Stankovic will surely miss Inter’s next match at San Siro against Parma.

may be if things go well , Stan will get 10-15 mins as a sub

Perttu10
16 Nov 05, 10:37
Welcome back Deki!

you are the player who always fights and never gives up. You attitude can really make the difference in the field. The fire and passion for this club is something that I can only adore....

Marcello
06 Dec 05, 11:10
of corse hes the BEST

06 Dec 05, 18:02
Why r there 2 Stan threads? Don Han has some work to do ... Happy merging/closing

DISCO ZZANG
16 Jan 06, 18:07
TWO-MATCH BAN FOR DEJAN STANKOVIC

Monday, 16 January 2006 18:57:00

MILAN - The Lega Calcio's Disciplinary Committee has disqualified Dejan Stankovic for two matches after examining videotape evidence relating to the incident between the Inter midfielder and Cagliari player Abeijon in the 36th minute of Sunday's Serie A Week 19 match. Stankovic is therefore ruled out of Wednesday's trip to Treviso and Saturday's home match against Palermo.

Jake
16 Jan 06, 18:36
The second I saw Deki punch that Cagliari player I knew he'd get a video ban. Damn him and his temper.

And he could score just for once. No one can miss so easy chances than Deki. If he has an open goal and just few meters away from it, he still manages to blast it over or something.

16 Jan 06, 18:45
FACCHETTI: "SUBSCRIBED TO TRIAL BY TV"
MILAN - (ANSA) - "I have just received the Lega's sentence. There was the slap but out of the big teams I point out that Inter are the only one who are penalised by trial by TV and this year we really are subscribers," commented Inter president Giancinto Facchetti on the two-match ban handed to Dejan Stankovic after examination of videotape evidence. "Inter's lawyers will now see whether or not to appeal."

Frisko
16 Jan 06, 18:52
I'd really like to see a clip of that, anyone?

Jimmy
16 Jan 06, 19:01
I seriously hope we won't be appealing for this, as the punishment was obvious and expected. Even though I agree with Facchetti regarding that we are the only big team who gets this treatment, we still should accept the punishment for the things our players do. What we should fight against, is that players like Inzaghi can do more or less the EXACT same thing and not even get a single match. I'm now talking about the Milan-Juve game.

Stefan
16 Jan 06, 19:09
I do believe we shouldn't appeal even if I think a 2 game ban is a bit harsh, a 1 game ban would have been fair.

But it was very stupid and I knew he was going to be in trouble.

robson ponte
16 Jan 06, 19:10
Well now that he's out, I hope that Solari gets finally a chance. Hope Mancini won't do something stupid like putting Wome or Cuchu on Deki's place. :rolleyes:

J zanetti
16 Jan 06, 21:06
Moron stankovic - I said it in the match thread that I'm sure he will be banned for 2-3 games. :mad:

Hammoudi
16 Jan 06, 21:11
I agree with Jimmy, we shouldn't appeal because it was a bonehead play. But we should ask for video evidence to be applied for everyone.

Khalifa
16 Jan 06, 21:58
Im sure wome is going to end up play and matrix on the left back position...Mancini already thinks its possible..!!

Tanel
16 Jan 06, 22:01
Forza Stankovic!

Handoyo
17 Jan 06, 10:08
The only chance that we have of appealing is if the referee reports indicate that the referee saw the incident and let play goes on. I clearly remember a similar situation involving Batistuta in 02/03 and our appeal was accepted and Batistuta's ban was lifted as the referee reported the incident in his match-report and hence, since the video evidence system is only used for incidents unseed by the referee's eyes, Batistuta was not subject to video trial.

Hand;)yo

The Count of Anti-Milan
17 Jan 06, 13:28
It's about time they took a page out of hockey's rule book and allow fist fights on the pitch! :stuckup:

robson ponte
17 Jan 06, 14:11
It's about time they took a page out of hockey's rule book and allow fist fights on the pitch! :stuckup:

Yeah that would be hilarious!!:lol:

Just imagine what would Matrix and Il Muro do to poor Sheva and Gila!:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :D

robson ponte
17 Jan 06, 14:14
Im sure wome is going to end up play and matrix on the left back position...Mancini already thinks its possible..!!

I really hope that doesn't happen. Mancini is the best coach we had since Trap left us, but he has to stop with his stupid ideas!:mad:

alvaro
17 Jan 06, 15:26
Mancini, let's talk immediately about the Lega Calcio Disciplinary Committee's decision to ban Dejan Stankovic for two matches.

"I think Stankovic's disqualification is right and I'm very angry with Dejan because he has put us in difficulty. But there have been similar episodes in other matches, like Palermo-Juventus, but nothing was noticed and those who had to decide made no decision.
-- -- --
I wonder what difficulities there might be? Fukkin hell we got 4 players that
can play on hes position on left wing. Mancini is angry he has to play Solari now :P

Jimmy
17 Jan 06, 15:32
Mancini shares my opionion completely. Stankovic deserved it, but others has deserved it too, but never received it.

Alex de Large
07 Feb 06, 00:51
Maybe he is better in his natural position that is CM, as a winger he is not bad at all, but sometimes he disappear from the pitch i don't know... he don't has a bad cross anyway but Stanko is a natural CM i have seen him play there for Serbia 2 or 3 times.
Anyway we have seen today that Mancini trust in 4 man for the midfield (Cambiasso, Veron , Figo and Stankovic) and if one of these can't play the first option for him is Kily a guy who is playing every day better but i think Pizarro and Cristiano deserve a chance if Veron or Cambiasso don't play.... it's a hard decision.
For next year, Stankovic as a CM or winger? what would u guys choose? maybe Mancini wants a pair Cuchu-Cambiasso and get ONLY a winger this summer? and what about Pizarro then? i'am afraid he wil be another Emre.... tallented player but without chances to play, 10 millions to the garbage.

Pi
07 Feb 06, 01:06
I still believe we could get Ballack, however if we don't and if Veron leaves, the best solution for the replacing Veron could Stankovic, although we still have Pizarro.
In my view Stankovic could, in fact, be better as a CM.

Alex de Large
07 Feb 06, 01:12
So if we can't get Ballack don't u think that the solution is get a WORLD CLASS WINGER?

-Malouda
-Esposito
-Quaresma

i would love any of these.

Pi
07 Feb 06, 01:17
I like the solution, but since we got Cesar now I don't think we are going to get anyone else to play as a winger.:(

darsez
07 Feb 06, 01:22
Yes, we need a RW and should get rid of one LW :wallbang: (hopefully it's Cesar/Kily). Solari please stay.

Then we can play Stan as a CM, if Veron is leaving. Pizzaro can be his sub (I hope he won't complain).

Which RW should we get? I hope it's Mancini ;)

EDIT: I'm talking about the next season. For now Stan as LW works fine.

snake
07 Feb 06, 01:32
Stankovic is not a long term CM.

His best position is sort of like Nedveds, as he plays Middle/Left sort of infront of Cambiasso and a bit to the left it that makes sense.

Pizarro or Ballack in the middle next season please.

Johnny Ludlow
07 Feb 06, 11:34
Helal is right; But player like this absolutely needs attacking fullback behind him to be really effective. I'm looking forward to next season when we hopefully have a fit Maxwell and Deki. That's technically speaking very similar to Zambrotta - Nedved.

I'm not saying that Stankovic is bad central midfielder, but he isn't playmaker, and that's what Mancini wants.

kova9
07 Feb 06, 11:55
He is a polivalent player..He can player anywhere in the middle..

07 Feb 06, 15:20
Ideally his perfect position wud be playing off Adriano in a 5-man midfield, but we have to play 4-4-2.

But if Veron leaves + we dont get Ballack. i wud preffer to see Stan & Pizarro in the CAM roles.

kova9
07 Feb 06, 16:30
And you would kick out Cambiasso????

Johnny Ludlow
07 Feb 06, 16:40
kova9, I believe he meant that he would like to see Pizarro and Stankovic as two alternatives for the more attacking - or playmaking - central midfield role.

07 Feb 06, 18:38
And you would kick out Cambiasso????
if only u spent a bit more time reading ...

i clearly mentioned CAM ... if only ................................

kova9
07 Feb 06, 19:30
;) sorry... I reacted too fast..I Apologise

Ari
07 Feb 06, 19:52
Did we got Ballack or not, I think we should try 3-man midfield to get our playmaker, Cambiasso and Stankovic to their most natural positions. Like for example:

Recoba - Adriano - Martins
Ballack - Cambiasso - Stankovic

or

Cesar - Adriano - Figo
Stankovic - Cambiasso - Pizarro

I think with 3-man midfield we would get best of our propable next season midfielders. We need powerful fullbacks in that formation and that's what Il Capitano and Maxwell gives us. To me this line-up would be so damn delicious.

Recoba - Adriano - Martins
Ballack - Cambiasso - Stankovic
Maxwell - Samuel - Cordoba - Zanetti
Cesar

Opeum
08 Feb 06, 02:42
and u guys didn't even mention about C.Ronaldo? man...we should get this guy. i heard rumours that he's leaving MU cos he getting frustated in EPL.he cant dribble the ball there. his cross is bad(IMO) bad his natural position is an attacker.behind the CF. maybe we can partner him with Adriano.
and Stankovic as CM doing the attacking and Esteban doing the defending.

Hammoudi
08 Feb 06, 04:03
If you want a player like C Ronaldo, then get Quaresma. He is everything that C Ronaldo is, but less of an ass.

But I guess Cesar is our future LW. Then we will go into the market again and again looking for a world-class LW when they are all gone. Going in cycles...

Choppin Onions
08 Feb 06, 05:36
But I guess Cesar is our future LW. Then we will go into the market again and again looking for a world-class LW when they are all gone. Going in cycles...

That's a depressing thought, seeing Cesar is what? 31, 32 years old? :rolleyes: Gotta love our inept management. It'd be great to see some youth injected into this team for next season.

Wallace
08 Feb 06, 05:53
and u guys didn't even mention about C.Ronaldo? man...we should get this guy. i heard rumours that he's leaving MU cos he getting frustated in EPL.he cant dribble the ball there. his cross is bad(IMO) bad his natural position is an attacker.behind the CF. maybe we can partner him with Adriano.
and Stankovic as CM doing the attacking and Esteban doing the defending.

It sounds quite contradicting..he cannot dribble the ball in EPL...and he can do it in Serie A? Serie A teams have the best defence in the world, and I don't see why he can get through these defence if he cannot do it back in EPL...

Pi
08 Feb 06, 13:27
Cristiano Ronaldo plays for Portugal as a LW/Support Striker and in my opinion the games he does in the Portuguese NT are his best one's.

Handoyo
08 Feb 06, 13:42
Johnny Ludlow is correct. You can also recall the Zidane - R.Carlos combo in Real Madrid. Maybe Maxwell will be that sorta left back for next season. Stankovic should stay on the left if you ask me. Mancini's system is to use a playmaker in the middle, not a 2-way midfielder, and Deki definitely can't be a playmaker.

As for C.Ronaldo, I'd rather play with 10 men rather than with him. :yuck: Apart from the last couple of weeks, he's been utter $hit with Man Utd. Just a couple of useless ineffective showboating struts that get his fans 'high' before a defender simply take the ball from him.

Hand;)yo

NimAraya
14 Feb 06, 11:10
Stankovic Winger Or Cm?

Reserve!!!

Handoyo
14 Feb 06, 16:30
Thread merged.

Frisko
24 Feb 06, 12:26
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb24a.html

Interview with Dragone by Calcio Italia. I'll try and post the whole thing when the magazine comes out.

Frisko
17 Mar 06, 21:57
http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/5134/avatarsulgoldideki70tv6uw.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Cool eh? Not done by me by the way ;)

luka32
17 Mar 06, 23:16
boom boom Deki

Marcello
20 Mar 06, 07:03
http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/5134/avatarsulgoldideki70tv6uw.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Cool eh? Not done by me by the way ;)

Looks cool Frisko

I made one but it reaches the avatar limit :cry:

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/1091/10stankovic8cr.gif (http://imageshack.us)

snake
20 Mar 06, 10:34
nice stuff marcy, very good. :thumbsup:

Marcello
20 Mar 06, 10:54
Thanks Bro!

Frisko
20 Mar 06, 18:26
Wow that's gold Marcello, how did you do it?

Marcello
20 Mar 06, 22:01
Wow that's gold Marcello, how did you do it?

Took me a bit u need ImageReady CS2 :D

Thanks 4 the comments

Waleed
27 Mar 06, 19:57
Nice little image Marcello too bad you couldnt make it your avator which would have been awesome.

Wallace
27 Mar 06, 20:08
Marcello, was your one converted from a video? ImageReady can used to convert small clips into gif format?

Thanks.

Alex de Large
30 Mar 06, 16:33
This guy is playing very good this last months, in the beginning of the season he was not that good... and some of we say that he was inconsistent, now he is one of the 5 or 6 most important players of the team.

Durai
01 Apr 06, 09:55
He's probably the best midfielder we have, figo is passed his best but is very useful, dejan's is our biggest hope for the next 4 or 5 years.

snake
01 Apr 06, 13:18
Dejan sure has a great midfielder, but i prefer not to compare our midfielders as they all have different roles.

But certainly Dejan is the most versatile.

Frisko
01 Apr 06, 13:35
By the way helal, how long do you think this respect for Dejan will last? Another 2 or 3 games before all the Mancini's girlfriend bullshit starts again? :D

snake
01 Apr 06, 14:51
By the way helal, how long do you think this respect for Dejan will last? Another 2 or 3 games before all the Mancini's girlfriend bullshit starts again? :D

lol i think ever since Cesar came the guys have found someone else to attack :D

J zanetti
01 Apr 06, 15:05
By the way helal, how long do you think this respect for Dejan will last? Another 2 or 3 games before all the Mancini's girlfriend bullshit starts again?

lol i think ever since Cesar came the guys have found someone else to attack :D

Some people tend to have a soft spot for certain players and hence NEVER see anything wrong with their performances on the pitch. Unlike those people me and some others can criticise our players when they don’t live up to their own standards. Deki when played on left or right has been good of late, and deserves his place in the team – no more comments needed. However if he again starts to become a walking disaster that he was for a 3 months + period long then I will criticise him again. Simple as that… The same rule applies to any other player, regardless of their nationality or skin colour.

snake
01 Apr 06, 15:25
dont act liek your talking fact, wat u said to begin with is your opinion.

Ziyad
01 Apr 06, 15:26
U said it JZ..

I think Stan has been great lately which is fantastic..I hope he doesnt go into a slump,but if he does I will ofcourse do the same especially if Mancio doesnt see it and keeps playing him ignoring the alternative on the bench.

Hammoudi
01 Apr 06, 17:50
I can't believe some of you guys!

You are talking like Stan has been this way all along. I wish I was a computer wiz and compile a collection of his utter crap performances. I will surely need multiple volumes for that, so the idea will never happen.

He is fine as of late, and that is great. But I can't take it when I see people talking like he was always great and efficient!

Sometimes you guys make it hard to like a player!

01 Apr 06, 21:52
as long as he continues to earn his place in the team on merit and with performances and not mere effort that does not produce anything +ve for the team

Durai
01 Apr 06, 22:06
let's hope noone bids for him in the summer, as moratti likes to sell and buy every summer, it's moratti's ritual to sell and buy every summer.

catanha
01 Apr 06, 23:00

I don't like the guy, but his performance against Villareal made me respect him because he covered for Cesar's a$$.
The fact is that game proved how important he was for the team, when a player of Figo's class was injured. There is no "lets jump back on his bandwagon", its more of a wake up call.

Gaetan
02 Apr 06, 04:57
Stankovic hasn't been good this whole season, actually, he's been far from his best for most of it. However, it's time to give credit when and where it is due, and he has been on top of his game as of late. His best was this past week at Villareal on the right wing when Figo was unavailable, which speaks volumes over the level of his character.

As far as the forum is concerned, many have players on their good and bad radars and may hold certain grudges, but do you expect us to be consistent? we're as here and there as our football club, you know?!

02 Apr 06, 06:31
let's hope noone bids for him in the summer, as moratti likes to sell and buy every summer, it's moratti's ritual to sell and buy every summer.
He will hv to fire Mancini first to sell Stan.

bennyblanco
02 Apr 06, 06:46
IMO stankovic has been well above average,7.5 at the least

Hamed if i could get a dollar from that famous sentence"utter crap performances"

please fellas give examples and say why,

like name games,instances,WHAT IS MISSING FROM HIS GAMES

how many times do i have to say it,BE REALISTIC

snake
02 Apr 06, 07:11
To them benny, stankovic has looked 'flashy' in the past couple of games with his nice dribbling moves etc...

But when his job is to do the dirty work in the midfield its not very flashy and people thinks he plays shit.

bennyblanco
02 Apr 06, 08:46
Helal,Ive been criticising stan against Villa and ajax as he hasnt been killing pricks hard enough,

at any given game stan has started ,he has set adriano a couple of times,I MEAN CLASSICAL 100%SITTERS

some people talk about recoba and adriano gelling or whatever pfffff
mancini knows adri and stan have a telepathy,

now, its not known that much as adriano has had alot of poor finishing this season

anyway,this forum has some realistic people,they know what we are saying

Helal you are a sick cunt bro RESPECT

Waleed
02 Apr 06, 16:16
It is easy to ignore the defensive work of a wide player but when Stankovic has "quality" players like Wome and Favalli behind him and actual quality players opposing him coming down his side of the pitch on the break he knows he is going to have to get his ass back there and help the team out as the player behind him is not going to be anywhere near enough to keep the chance from becoming a goal. The only reason he has been better in the CL is because the gameplan changes in that competition and teams like to attack and as such leave spaces open behind him that Italian teams are not prone to give up.

Next time there is a fast break on our right side watch the left side and watch where Stankovic is and how far he has to come back to help out the team. The guy is a dynamo of stamina and can usually keep running strong for the greater part of the game, then when he screws up in the latter portions of the game and the opposing player gets an advantage on him because they can see he has tired of running the length of the pitch this will be when people notice him.

Johnny Ludlow
03 Apr 06, 12:54
Couldn't put it better myself. Very good post InterFan28!

Durai
03 Apr 06, 19:36
how much does stankovic earn?

J zanetti
03 Apr 06, 22:26
how much does stankovic earn?
Oh man I'm laughing BIG time here :lol: :lol: :lol: You cant be serious? I mean the same god damn question in each of our players thread!!! :wth:
And to top it off I can see Frisko (and rightly so) getting a bit aggrevated! ;)

Durai
03 Apr 06, 22:29
just answer my question, all of you thats all iam asking, iam not asking for one of your arms.

Kato
04 Apr 06, 11:04
Oh man I'm laughing BIG time here :lol: :lol: :lol: You cant be serious? I mean the same god damn question in each of our players thread!!! :wth:
And to top it off I can see Frisko (and rightly so) getting a bit aggrevated! ;)

Lol major trolling going down.

Looking back, Cro didn't post much compared to this :lol:

Next thing we know we'll go to the games thread & at the end it will say "who won this match" or "who was MOM" in every single thread :D

04 Apr 06, 11:34
Both Cro's and Marcello's FI records r coming under seroius threat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marcello
04 Apr 06, 12:07
Both Cro's and Marcello's FI records r coming under seroius threat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i thought this was the stankovic thread:lol:
dw-im back :D

K.I.
05 Apr 06, 10:47
Stan This Year Has Been Very good And Very Consistent,he is one of our most important players,and in the last few games and especially the Villarreal first leg,he was fantastic,hope he keeps it up.

Durai
07 Apr 06, 18:30

yeah that's true

Stankovic is not a long term CM.

His best position is sort of like Nedveds, as he plays Middle/Left sort of infront of Cambiasso and a bit to the left it that makes sense.

Pizarro or Ballack in the middle next season please.

stankovic is not a linesman he should play alongside cambiasso, forget about veron or pizzaro.

Miki
07 Apr 06, 21:20
Next thing we know we'll go to the games thread & at the end it will say "who won this match" or "who was MOM" in every single thread :D
Katie, please, don't give the man any ideas! :D

Ciao,
Tim

Durai
07 Apr 06, 22:47

you have filled my mind with ideas thanks

08 Apr 06, 01:17
stankovic is not a linesman he should play alongside cambiasso, forget about veron or pizzaro.
seen Ajax v Inter ?

snake
08 Apr 06, 02:50
911 wuts that got to do with anything? :confused:

Durai, i dont kno why i bother explaining myself to you cause you wont listen ;)

Stankovic is an awesome player when his playin his proper game, down the wings left OR right is where he should be.

In the middle, Inter will struggle big time. Last season when Veron wsa injured, Stan played in the middle and we did badly. Stan doesnt have the playmaking ability that Veron or Pizarro have.

Durai
08 Apr 06, 10:10
911 wuts that got to do with anything? :confused:

Durai, i dont kno why i bother explaining myself to you cause you wont listen ;)

Stankovic is an awesome player when his playin his proper game, down the wings left OR right is where he should be.

In the middle, Inter will struggle big time. Last season when Veron wsa injured, Stan played in the middle and we did badly. Stan doesnt have the playmaking ability that Veron or Pizarro have.

where did he play for lazio in the wings? NO NO NO NO mate, he played in the middle.

Jimmy
08 Apr 06, 15:30
And yet another false post. :D

It's getting a bit boring to correct you on your posts all the time. Stankovic had his huge breakthrough and his best season with Lazio, as a central midfielder, yes. But before that he was played mostly on the left wing, when he was played. Remember the Veron days? He wasn't played central then.

And Tord Grip who was Lazio's assistant coach for years, told Swedish TV (I watched it) how Stankovic hated to play as a winger, but they forced him to do so, so that he would grow up.

Adriano@10
08 Apr 06, 16:06
even if stan actually preffers to play in middel i d also say he does not have the playmaker abilityes of Pizarro ore Veron this is why i don t want him in the middle!!!!

Harmonyofdissonance
08 Apr 06, 16:16
well said

Waleed
09 Apr 06, 01:44
Stan has not played well in the middle this season. But he strikes me as the type of player that needs a couple of stright games in the same position to become fully adjusted to the position before actually harnessing it and making the most out of it. Mancini knows he want to play in the middle but he also knows Stan will play wherever the hell he tells him to.

i actually wouldnt mind seeing us going with a midfield that looked like this:

Solari-----Cambiasso---Stan----Figo

I think this would give us the greatest attacking advantages from both a wing perspective and central point of view. While giving us that extra solidity in the middle from knowing that both our CMs can come back with speed and make the tackle. However I can see what you guys are saying the wingers might become a little isolated as neither Stan nor Cambiasso are overly superb at making the long range pass.

snake
09 Apr 06, 03:49
Stan has not played well in the middle this season. But he strikes me as the type of player that needs a couple of stright games in the same position to become fully adjusted to the position before actually harnessing it and making the most out of it.

Firstly, standovic does not actually prefer center midfield. His pretty sh1t thre mate, there is no way we should play him there cause we'l get fuked over.

Marcello
09 Apr 06, 03:55
Firstly, standovic does not actually prefer center midfield. His pretty sh1t thre mate, there is no way we should play him there cause we'l get fuked over.
not ezactly his pretty good central shooting when he gets the space

snake
09 Apr 06, 04:13
not ezactly his pretty good central shooting when he gets the space

lol what was that post for? to make your count increase?

That post means NOTHING in the context of this argument here.

Stankovic shoots better from the wings. I can name many times when his come in from the left wing, runs on a diagnol and gets an excellent angle on goal.

Marcello
09 Apr 06, 04:15
lol what was that post for? to make your count increase?

That post means NOTHING in the context of this argument here.

Stankovic shoots better from the wings. I can name many times when his come in from the left wing, runs on a diagnol and gets an excellent angle on goal.

i thought he played good in the center once cant rember wen lol

aniways im a bit lost atm LOL

Waleed
09 Apr 06, 05:07

I didnt know me wanting to see him play in the middle translated into the actual player perferring to play in that position :rolleyes:

However you might want to check out the interview with him and miha that "I Love Inter" translated for us in the thread "The Fabio, Frisko and Milos translation thread!", post #573. he clearly states there that his favoured position is "in front of the defence" also I dont have the link to the interview with him when he first came to Inter but he has made the same statements at other times, always mentioning that he would play anywhere Mancini played him though.

PS: who the hell is standovic?? :lol:

snake
09 Apr 06, 05:28
lol dont u worry who standovic is ;)

Ive followed Stan for a very very long time. He plays excellent when used wide with a good LB behind him. It works even better if in the middle of the pitch u have somebody like Veron or Pizarro.

Waleed
09 Apr 06, 05:36
lol dont u worry who standovic is ;)

Ive followed Stan for a very very long time. He plays excellent when used wide with a good LB behind him. It works even better if in the middle of the pitch u have somebody like Veron or Pizarro.

Agreed I want us to solve our LB problem so bad so that Stankovic can finally show us his full potential. All my hopes are pinned up on Maxwell complementing him well enough to show us that he truly is world class.

PS: Standovic will haunt my dreams tonight ;)

K.I.
09 Apr 06, 05:36
You know stan is very verastile,he can pay excelent anywhere when he is inform,i mean one of his best matches was on the right in the first leg of villarreal and he doesnt always play there,i think he would do great in the middle,as is kind like cambi in attacking and defending,but we would have to get an excellent player to play on the left.

Opeum
09 Apr 06, 06:05
my 2nd fav player!

if we play him in the middle with cambiasso, yes the probs is they can deliver a very good long pass...deki only long good pass is a cross.. while cambiasso have a weak leg...

Adriano@10
09 Apr 06, 11:44
You know stan is very verastile,he can pay excelent anywhere when he is inform,i mean one of his best matches was on the right in the first leg of villarreal and he doesnt always play there,i think he would do great in the middle,as is kind like cambi in attacking and defending,but we would have to get an excellent player to play on the left.
I totaly disagree with the mid of cambi-satn we would have no one fore the creative worke !!!
wee ned a playmaker like Veron, Pizarro in middle that oure play not only relays on long balls .
It s way better to put him on the flank where he can play great and put someone creative in middle.

snake
09 Apr 06, 11:50
I totaly disagree with the mid of cambi-satn we would have no one fore the creative worke !!!
wee ned a playmaker like Veron, Pizarro in middle that oure play not only relays on long balls .
It s way better to put him on the flank where he can play great and put someone creative in middle.

Nice post fabio ;)

K.I.
09 Apr 06, 12:20
The Thing with Cambi And Stankovic In The middle Is That They Both Attack And Defend,so they would balance out the midfield,and with Figo And another Great Winger On The Left,thats how we will get the creativness,we dont have to have a playmaker for that.

Adriano@10
09 Apr 06, 17:37
The Thing with Cambi And Stankovic In The middle Is That They Both Attack And Defend,so they would balance out the midfield,and with Figo And another Great Winger On The Left,thats how we will get the creativness,we dont have to have a playmaker for that.
it would not work with the creativity over the wing !!
Then we would first have to buy a striker who has got marvalous hadding and we could throw away martins coz he wont score a singel goal if he does not get the passes from behind.

So i think with the team we have right now we realy need a playmarker specaily since we have a striker problem anyway!!!

Stefan
04 May 06, 22:08
Great words today by Deki:

But can a player who plays for Inter be tempted by other big clubs?
"I already play for a big club. The only problem, in inverted commas, is that Inter hasn't managed to win an important trophy, but it's at the same level as all the big clubs in the world. I don't see why I should change team. I came here to help the team improve. I want to try and win with Inter because like I said when I arrived in Milan two years ago, winning a Scudetto with Inter is worth five at any other team."

They say Henry is very close to joining Real Madrid. There are also rumours that you could move to the Spanish capital. Is it just a rumour?
"When the league ends the journalists have fun with the transfer market. As far as I'm concerned, I'm fine at Inter. Maybe I will end my career here when I'm thirty-five. Over the last three years Henry has showed he is one of the best strikers in the world, so it's not surprising that many clubs are after him and that he has many offers."

Waleed
04 May 06, 23:19
Some really nice words from Stan in that interview. It seems that he is getting better and better at the press game.

K.I.
05 May 06, 00:04
I Love Stan,i think i even like him more than Javier Now,really the guy just is a great player and his words are always golden.

Grande Deki.

Alex de Large
05 May 06, 00:53
Stankovic should be one of our 5 or 6 key players during the next season, i really hope he stays.

shahz_nerazzurri
05 May 06, 20:23
You just cannot love this guy enough. GRANDE Deki

Dejan Stankovic has pledged his future to Inter and believes that a Nerazzurri renaissance could begin with success in the Coppa Italia.

There had been whispers that the 27-year-old midfielder may exit the San Siro in the summer after three seasons with the Beneamati, but it seems that the Serbia international’s love for the club is still strong.

“A Scudetto at Inter is worth five elsewhere to me,” he explained. “I play for a great club.

“The only problem is that we haven’t won any silverware. We’re still amongst the best teams in the world and I don’t see why I should leave.”

Inter are now favourites to retain the Coppa Italia after a 1-1 draw with Roma at the Stadio Olimpico, and Stankovic has no doubts about the importance of that result.

“The second half was tough but it was an excellent result,” he enthused. “We dominated the first period but it was different after the break.

“If you’d offered me 1-1 before the game I’d have taken it.”

Despite his side failing to live up to expectations this term, the ex-Lazio man has high hopes for next season.

“We need to start by winning the Coppa Italia,” he stated confidently.

“Next season we’ll start again with the same objectives as this year, but with a little more determination, then we’ll see.”

“A Scudetto at Inter is worth five elsewhere to me, I play for a great club." :proud: . This is going in my sig, as soon as I get over my Villareal disspointment :D .This is what I want from our players. I really dont think, that we repsect this guy, as the way we should

minterke
06 May 06, 05:42
Stankovic is the type of player I would trust as a leader if it were not for his disappointing performances at times. He has a very strong character and mentality and you can see it on the pitch. Like alot of players on our team, Stankovic is not played in his preferred position so you can not really criticize him because of that. On the few times he has played as a CM under us he did fairly well IMO and if I were Mancini I would maybe give him a shot at it before making transfers.

Hammoudi
06 May 06, 20:51
Great post Mike, and I totally agree with you.

Hopefully we will get a great LB next year so Stan will be supported. If that happens and Stan plays well and stays with us, and once JZ retires, Stan would be the perfect captain. He really has it all, and isn't afraid to get into players' faces. I just hope he takes it easy with oppositon players, sometimes he acts crazy.

milan4eva
09 May 06, 20:06
I had a dream that stankovic was wearing the red n black colors. I just hope that my dream comes true! lol :boogy: Its always easy to tempt your players! we got seedorf, pirlo, simic who have been so important to us, i'm sure stankovic will reach the heights which savicevic had reached! muaah

Wallace
09 May 06, 20:44
I had a dream that stankovic was wearing the red n black colors. I just hope that my dream comes true! lol :boogy: Its always easy to tempt your players! we got seedorf, pirlo, simic who have been so important to us, i'm sure stankovic will reach the heights which savicevic had reached! muaah

Really?! How can you compare Stankovic with Seedorf, Pirlo and Simic. Stankovic's performance has some ups and downs, but still far better than what I considered Seedorf, Pirlo and Simic's performance back in Inter. And you know that Stankovic has much more passion for Inter than for any other teams. :)

Alex de Large
09 May 06, 20:59
Stankovic it's not Seedorf, Seedorf loves money more than his own mother LOL

Choppin Onions
09 May 06, 21:29
Deki won't be leaving, especially for Bilan of all teams. He's too passionate about Inter and trying to win something as a Nerazzurro. A true leader on the pitch. I only wish he was a little more consistent.

milan4eva
09 May 06, 21:33
Stankovic it's not Seedorf, Seedorf loves money more than his own mother LOL

u can't say that! seedorf is our unsung hero. the modesty he has shown in the last years is really heart warming for us. and what abt his mother?? c'mon be a sport and don't go on ne1s family for no reason.

abt stankovic's departure... who expected vieri to leave "INTER". its very much possible and its nothing abt the craze for money ( on the contrary i feel morrati can feed better than galliani), its abt passion for winning which stankovic has alot. ofcourse considering inter current situation i don't see them creating a revolution for at least 2 years. If any player feels uncomfortable at inter (oda than adriano and veron) he will be snatched by milan!

Alex de Large
09 May 06, 23:13
yeah i know, actually i don't consider Seedorf a traitor or a gloryhunter, but i also can't see stankovic leaving inter, the same goes for cambiasso, samuel, zanetti and cordoba, those 5 players are like nesta, maldini, gattuso, kaka, sheva and seedorf for milan.

K.I.
10 May 06, 02:15
Exactly alex,and lol its so funny that milan fans alawys accept inter players,i wouldnt want any of ur improtant players like shevchenko or kaka even if they were offered to us for free.

minterke
10 May 06, 02:48
i wouldnt want kaka for free.

WHAT THE ****!! I hope you're joking Khaled :eek:

K.I.
10 May 06, 03:05
I dont think i am joking man,really,those players who are important for milan are milanese players,i wouldnt want them at inter.

milan4eva
10 May 06, 04:00
it will always be difficult to accept the players who have haunted u for nights! lol :boogy: . we don't mind accepting ur so called "drop outs" coz most of them shine with us. and we just don't make the mistake of selling our jewels just the way u do.

Wallace
10 May 06, 04:35
it will always be difficult to accept the players who have haunted u for nights! lol :boogy: . we don't mind accepting ur so called "drop outs" coz most of them shine with us. and we just don't make the mistake of selling our jewels just the way u do.

Sorry, but you are just out of your mind, it's not time YET to call Deki a drop out. :)

May be we can sell you Wome, he might have a probability of 1/6,000,000 to shine with you guys, as little as the meteorite crashes into the Earth next year. But it still has a chance!

K.I.
10 May 06, 04:54
Ur Talking favalli,u took Brochi and simic who both are useless,u took vieri,who was one of out biggest players and u still accepted him,and lol these 3 players flopped at milan and favalli will 2.

Stankovic is not going anywhere,unless a coach comes here and does something to him,as long as there are no problems,deki isnt going anywhere.

Wallace
10 May 06, 07:08
Lol I totally forgot about the Favalli case, is it only a speculation or is it already a confirmation? Even if Favalli is going to Bbilan, he's just going there to warm the bench, nothing more.

milan4eva
10 May 06, 19:01
don't worry if berlu daddy wants ne1 he will buy that player. after all he's got 11bn usd lol richest italian! :boogy: and now that he is jobless we expect those sacchi days to return as he will take more interest in ou club and i never called stankovic useless! simic is doing fine with us, as a benchwarmer and as a sub!

Wittmann
10 May 06, 20:35
Exactly alex,and lol its so funny that milan fans alawys accept inter players,i wouldnt want any of ur improtant players like shevchenko or kaka even if they were offered to us for free.

Not every one..I wouldn't accept players like J Zanetti, Cambiasso, Cordoba, Toldo, Stankovic and other because they are the spine of the club and we can find better ones elsewhere, too.. ;)

Stankovic, very good player in Inter, nothing special generally, IMO..No way he can compare with class of Savicevic..
Anyway, better choice for Milan would be Sneijder..

Wittmann
10 May 06, 20:39
Lol I totally forgot about the Favalli case, is it only a speculation or is it already a confirmation? Even if Favalli is going to Bbilan, he's just going there to warm the bench, nothing more.

Yeah, so what?? When needed, he'll be ready to jump in, just like Pancaro did before..

BTW, we sign most of our 'benchwarmers' for free, unlike you..That's called rational money spending..

Adriano@10
10 May 06, 21:06
Yeah, so what?? When needed, he'll be ready to jump in, just like Pancaro did before..

BTW, we sign most of our 'benchwarmers' for free, unlike you..That's called rational money spending..
But since u only sign players who are 34+ they will be ussless if they have to play fore a longer time coz the starter has a serious injoury oh yeah and in 2 years time u have to get a new one

11 May 06, 01:41

Oh cummon dude, we hv our share of free signings as well ... remember Wome ? :P or a Favalli that was 2 years younger when we signed him from Lazio ona Bosman ;):D

Opeum
11 May 06, 08:32
who want a milan player at inter?! not becos of egos...but it just not rite....it's like stealing...it just not nice...it's much sweeter if it's an inter player itself...

alvaro
27 May 06, 21:09
Deki scored 1-0 goal for Serbia Montenegro in their friendly match against Uruguay. The match just ended 1-1.

Waleed
27 May 06, 22:11
Good to see him not only score for his national team but also on his return from injury.

Alex de Large
28 May 06, 03:38
Grande Dejan Nº10

28 May 06, 06:27
Deki scored 1-0 goal for Serbia Montenegro in their friendly match against Uruguay. The match just ended 1-1.

did Carini play for Uruguay?

catanha
28 May 06, 06:29
it was actually a pretty poor free kick whch went through everyones feet.

Alex de Large
28 May 06, 15:33
Yes, Carini was there, what a horrible keeper LOL

Choppin Onions
28 May 06, 21:55
Is Deki the captain of S&M? I know he's captained them before... :undecide:

minterke
28 May 06, 22:06
I'm pretty sure he is, that means we have 2 International captains in our team...beat that Milan & Juve.