Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Riquelme

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Riquelme

What do you think of him??

IMO, he is a dream transfer for inter..
    Classy creative attacking midfielder, having a great season at Villarreal..
    Imagine:

Riquelme

Adriano - Martins..

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

He will be a nightmare. What is the difference between him and Veron? He is 5 years younger and go more hair, other than that, they are the same: Slow playmakers who have great long passes.

I remember him throwing the Barca shirt down once, I don't want players who disrespect their team's jersey.

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Riquelme scored 13 goals in la liga..Has an excellent free kick (finally inter can get rid of veteran mihajlovic)..

Veron? maybe he is old, but he is not used in a same position as Riquelme behind two strikers..perhaps he should be..

With Cambiasso behind him, he doesn't have to be fast..great pass is what inter needs..veron, after he joined man utd, just isn't the same player that was in Lazio..Juan is far better than veron this season..

Other thing is, he is barca player on loan..barca would love to sell him..

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Most of his goals are from PK's as well. He is suddenly a star because he is playing with Viareall, he will never be given such command and total freedom with a big club like inter. Also, I doubt he'd be suddenly handed the playamker duty, you can tell he won't succeed in tight-spaces Serie A.

If I were him, I'd stay forever with Viareall, he is one of those players that just star and play well when they are with a mediocre side.

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    I don't know much about Riquelme, but I still prefer someone of a better calibre, such as Ronaldinho. I watched the Braca - Chelsea game, and the last 20 minutes of Barca- Atletico Bilbao, and Ronaldinho was superb.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

I've been saying this for eons, he will be the perfect player because
    -He isn't your typical attacking midfielder, he sits a little more deep than Kaka and is extremely creative has a wonderful eye, and to top things off has a killer of a shot.
    Anyone who says that Riquelme is sh1t, has NFI, he is one of the favourites to win La Liga player of the year this season, has taken average Villareal into third and they will cruise to a CL position with Riqi there. Difference between Riqi and Veron? Riqi is much more attacking, has much more creative freedom and can actually finish up on the top 3 leading goalscorers for his club.

I hate it how he is seen as a flop at Barcelona when van Gaal treated him like sh1t and played the likes of Rochemback ahead of him In the games he did play, he was a crowd favourite and was awesome.
    Even teh new Argy coach recognizes Riqi now, and he's back in the starting Xi for Argentina.

If there was one midfielder (central), I'd take him without too much though.

10 years of FIF
    Juan is far better than veron this season

That's funny...kinda

Riquelme is the playmaker I would like to see at Inter next season. He is one of the most creative players I know of. And comparing him to Veron and saying that's a bad thing is really strange in my opinion. After all, he used to be the very best playmaker in Serie A.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Riquelme is past it, veron is too. There Superstar days are over. its time we bring D'Alessandro.

10 years of FIF
    Saying you don't like Riquelme or you don't think he will be success in Serie A is alright.

But by saying Riquelme is past it only shows you have no idea what you are talking about. You can try and find arguments that support your statement, I don't think you will find any. He is 26 years old and one of the best players, if not the best, in la Liga this season.

Really, no offense mate, but I just don't get it.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ludlow
    Saying you don't like Riquelme or you don't think he will be success in Serie A is alright.

But by saying Riquelme is past it only shows you have no idea what you are talking about. You can try and find arguments that support your statement, I don't think you will find any. He is 26 years old and one of the best players, if not the best, in la Liga this season.

Really, no offense mate, but I just don't get it.
    when i meant 'past' i dont mean his finished, and i dont mean his not gona play good any more.

but i meant Glory days, i think just like Veron. First, i do liek Riquelme, and as u said, Yes i dont think Serie A will work for him, it doesnt work for many spanish players out there, its a different game.

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    Riquelme is past it, veron is too. There Superstar days are over. its time we bring D'Alessandro.
    What so special with that D'Alessandro guy???
    Is he still in Wolfsburg?? I didn't hear nothing about him in months..

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by wittman
    Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    What so special with that D'Alessandro guy???
    Is he still in Wolfsburg?? I didn't hear nothing about him in months..
    his still in Wolfsburg. Lets just say, that every coach chooses D'Alessandro over Aimar, Veron and Riquelme

Greece

10 years of FIF
    D'Alessandro would be great

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Nobody mentioned that Riqulme is slow, you have to admit that. He is like Valeron, talented playmakers that are slow, neither would survive in serie A.

You need a quick playmaker, someone like Dinho or Totti. I don't have anybody right now in mind that as good as these two when it comes to playing in tight spaces.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Peru

Riquelme, D'Alesandro......

They are perfect for teams like Roma, Valencia, Dortmund.......
    We need a player like Ronaldinho or Totti, difficult but not impossible (Roma is struggling with money)
    "It is better to improve what you have than to wish for the things you don't have"

Toldone, Capitano (Pupi), Cafe, Patron, Ill Muro, Matrix, Cuchu, Deki, Sulley, Lucho, Chino, Mario, Ibra.

Forza Inter!!!

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Peru

I like 'Alesandro, but not as our 10, main midfielder, no way he's ready.
    "It is better to improve what you have than to wish for the things you don't have"

Toldone, Capitano (Pupi), Cafe, Patron, Ill Muro, Matrix, Cuchu, Deki, Sulley, Lucho, Chino, Mario, Ibra.

Forza Inter!!!

Fav. Player
    Santigol

LOL!

How the fark is Riquelme past it, when he's favourite to win La Liga player of the year, almost single handidly is taking Villareal into the CL, still in the UEFA Cup, has made teams like Atletico ponder 20 mill bids, Rijkaard ponder of re-calling Riqi, Ronaldinho suggesting he would love Riqi back??

And of all people to suggest of being better than Riqi, but D'Alessandro?? LOL Wolfsburg fans despise him because he is hardly a team player, doesn't start all the matches and is much too arrogant. Aimar sh1ts on D'Alessandro, likewise Riqi.
    As for D'Alessandro being ahead of Riqi and Aimar, err no...last time I checked..it was the other way around.

LOL @ Riqi being finished, I mean FFS!

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I repeat: D'Alessandro would be great!

We don't need a team work guy. We need someone to add a different approach to the game and since Recoba is out-of-favour, D'Alessandro is goooooooooooooooood

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

D'Alessandro would be tossed around like a rag in the Serie A. I'd predict him getting injured a lot if he joined us.

Riquelme? He's been playing great with Villareal, but do we really want to take a risk on him? I'm not so sure.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Fav. Player
    Pupi

Mozambique

D'allessandro > Riquelme

Hate boca players and the whole Barca shirt as stated earlier in this thread really put me off him.

Andres would be nice but how many people in that posistion do we need?