Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On A More Serious Note...

Fav. Player
    Julione ♥

Italy

On A More Serious Note...

I have a question open to anyone that can help me with it.

I am in my third year of university, a little behind on credits due to be incredibly ill/unfortunate for most of the last year but working toward my major and wanted to take the chance to study abroad.

If you know anything about me, you know I'm quite multicultural - I moved a lot growing up and I still do, I just keep it in the same city, now. My university is labelled "International" with ties to other universities in many different cities and so I was able to apply to 9 different programs. I've been accepted into 6. Below are the cities and basic information regarding my stance on them. Looking for more information particulary on Berlin and Melbourne [Ahem, Leo... Hal] as I've never been to these cities. And just looking for general opinions, as well, either of the cities, or where you think I should study.

Amsterdam - I've never been here either, actually, but have already received a lot of good information regarding the city. The program is directly for my major, psychology-criminal justice [double] - sort of a field work opportunity to delve further into my studies, at the University of Amsterdam. The program is in English, so that is not a worry. My biggest worry here is housing as I would have to find my own accommodation and I've heard from a few people it's quite expensive. This program is also the most expensive at an incredible €30,400. Can you say ouch? But, that doesn't completely shove it aside, I have grants, scholarships and enough put away to suffice, so it is still a possibility.

Barcelona - Related to my minor, architecture, I would study at the University of Barcelona. I lived here as a child, and I do speak Catalan, so that is not a worry either. Again, I'd have to find my own accommodation - but I have friends here as well as my parents still owning the apartment we lived in all those years ago. Haven't yet spoken to my dad about it, but I'm sure he'd let me rent it. The program costs €16,500 so it's much, much cheaper and in a city I know I love.

Berlin - One of 2 programs in which I can focus on my major and minor simultaneously. Negatives are, well, again, providing my own accommodation - though, I've heard it's cheap, and this is the only city where I'd have to learn the language - which requires me completing 2 courses in German at my university next semester. I don't know exactly how much of a problem that is though, I speak 5 languages quite fluently and I'm learning 2 currently - I tend to pick them up easily. So what's one more? I would study at Humboldt University for a cost of only €18,000, so hardly more expensive than Barcelona.

Genova - A city I know pretty well, costing something around €17,500. The upside is, housing is provided [though, I have no idea what it's like], as well as meals. My school has it's own campus here, so of course, I would study there. Focusing solely on architecture, I would have the option to move for the second semester to Perugia and study there as well, an idea which I love. The downside is, I'm completely terrified after the flooding and seeing the damage of that recently for myself. Not that the odds of that happening again soon are great, it's just still a worry. [I'm a girl, I worry about silly things]

Melbourne - at Victoria University - this is technically a student exchange, and the other program in which I will cover both my minor and major, together. Being student exchange, I will pay the same as I pay at FIU as so price is not a worry, though I have no idea about housing/food costs, both of which I have to provide.

Seville - And lastly, as much I as hate their football team, Seville is a beautiful city. Another I know fairly well. This program costs €22,500 with nice housing and meals included. I would study at the University of Seville, in Spanish, which I speak as well and focus solely on my major from a law concentrated aspect.

So, yeah... haha, any information/opinions are much, much appreciated. Thank you
    minus.five

Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    Humboldt University is the same place I study at.

Berlin is the cheapest capital in entire Europe, everything is highly organized (typical German), you can go anywhere in the city (& I mean anywhere) without owning a car. A nice city which you can do a lot in your free time, good night life & all... & most importantly, you have Daralino Leolino de Figo. I'mma show you around & shit & take you out so you don't feel lonely. We can watch Inter games together & cry/rage together after each game. Unfortunately I don't have my own spot & I'm still living with my people, otherwise you could have stayed with me. (That might change in a few months but I don't even know it myself for sure.)

Only tough thing is the language, which is one of the toughest, most pain in the ass languages there is.

Oh, one more thing... I don't wanna hear the word "Barca" or see any Barca gear while you're here.

Other than that you're good to go. Oh... one more thing: Can you also bring that friend of yours from the boat? I'm currently single you know...

-----

On another note, I like the title of your thread. Sounds kinda like me tbh.
    Last edited by Lionheart; 05 Dec 11 at 17:49.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

3. Thanks (1): Ana Banana

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    You saw what I typed, and now reading the details here, I now vote for Melbourne. Seems like a nice and different experience.

5. Thanks (1): Ana Banana

Fav. Player
    #7 & v/d Fap

Netherlands

F*ck Amsterdam tbh, hometown of a football club that is the same as Milan, Jube and Farca combined, but if you have questions about our lovely country, ask your husband to be.
    But as for housing, i got kick my girl out and take you in

I would go for Melbourne, turned down a scholarship there when I was in college... still regret it.

7. Thanks (1): Ana Banana

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Come to Melbourne ! Best City in the world. Its like every major city rolled into one.

http://www.visitvictoria.com/Regions/Melbourne.aspx
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

I dont think the formation model counts, its all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

9. Thanks (1): Ana Banana

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Melbourne it is!

Beaut city. Liveable and affordable. Not to mention the sporting capital of Australia. MCG fits 100,000 people...we have the Formula 1, the Australian Tennis Open, , AFL Grand final, the Melbourne Cup (arguably one of the most anticipated horse races world wide), the Australian Moto GP.

Oh, interista 4 ever and my self are also from there...

11. Thanks (2): Ana Banana, I4E

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Spot on Anon !

There is nothing Melbourne does'nt have
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

I dont think the formation model counts, its all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Interista 4 Ever View Post

There is nothing Melbourne does'nt have
    Well there is one thing.........Sydneys Mardi gra......LOOOL

Uni can keep that.

14. Thanks (1): Raul Duke

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I was hoping Sydney was on your list. Who wouldn't wanna live in the same area code as Uni and Raul Duke?

16. Thanks (1): Ana Banana

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    Well there is one thing.........Sydneys Mardi gra......LOOOL

Uni can keep that.
    Bahahahahahaha exactly
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppin Onions View Post
    I was hoping Sydney was on your list. Who wouldn't wanna live in the same area code as Uni and Raul Duke?
    A 12 year old girl who has just hit puberty.

19. Thanks (1): Ana Banana

Fav. Player
    Julione ♥

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Humboldt University is the same place I study at.

Berlin is the cheapest capital in entire Europe, everything is highly organized (typical German), you can go anywhere in the city (& I mean anywhere) without owning a car. A nice city which you can do a lot in your free time, good night life & all... & most importantly, you have Daralino Leolino de Figo. I'mma show you around & shit & take you out so you don't feel lonely. We can watch Inter games together & cry/rage together after each game. Unfortunately I don't have my own spot & I'm still living with my people, otherwise you could have stayed with me. (That might change in a few months but I don't even know it myself for sure.)

Only tough thing is the language, which is one of the toughest, most pain in the ass languages there is.

Oh, one more thing... I don't wanna hear the word "Barca" or see any Barca gear while you're here.

Other than that you're good to go. Oh... one more thing: Can you also bring that friend of yours from the boat? I'm currently single you know...

-----

On another note, I like the title of your thread. Sounds kinda like me tbh.
    Best response, grz Leone <3
    Berlin seriously sounds like the best option minus the entire learning the language shit. If I choose Berlin, I won't arrive until mid August so that's plenty of time for you to find a place
    Same university too? Ah! How is that then?
    And no worries, I genuinely own one thing Barca, and it wouldn't come on the trip
    And - Milena - girl from the boat is not single, sorry [not taken by me, anymore, either, so we can't share. Well. maybe we can ]

Quote Originally Posted by Sir0w View Post
    F*ck Amsterdam tbh, hometown of a football club that is the same as Milan, Jube and Farca combined, but if you have questions about our lovely country, ask your husband to be.
    But as for housing, i got kick my girl out and take you in

I would go for Melbourne, turned down a scholarship there when I was in college... still regret it.
    Melbourne seems the favourite for everyone, honestly. My fiance needs to come read this thread and share some things. But I appreciate the housing offer

Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    Melbourne it is!

Beaut city. Liveable and affordable. Not to mention the sporting capital of Australia. MCG fits 100,000 people...we have the Formula 1, the Australian Tennis Open, , AFL Grand final, the Melbourne Cup (arguably one of the most anticipated horse races world wide), the Australian Moto GP.

Oh, interista 4 ever and my self are also from there...
    Sadly, few of those sports interest me F1 is great, Moto GP of course and tennis I loveee, but still. They aren't things I follow very avidly.
    I need better detail, haha. I've been to Sydney. Been to Canberra. Compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppin Onions View Post
    I'm too old for their liking, anyway
    minus.five

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

As a student in Ghent I would recommend Ghent or Leuven (Belgium) 2 multicultural cities, where a lot can be seen. Also 2 student cities
    Also the universities of Ghent and Leuven are highly recommended. But Melbourne,Sydney sounds cool too :p
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

22. Thanks (1): Ana Banana

Fav. Player
    Julione ♥

Italy

There is a Belgium program, but only for Business majors so I couldn't apply. These cities are those I've applied and been accepted to.
    minus.five

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Ana - Trust me, Melbourne is awesome.

Canberra is Boring !

Sydney is way over-rated !

Melbourne has it all. Ask us what you want to do, see and experience (outside of your studies) and Melbourne will have it.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

25. Thanks (1): Ana Banana

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Colombia

Come to Santa Marta............................................. ................................................
    cricket, cricket
    Sudaca Power.

27. Thanks (1): Ana Banana

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Or, go see Hal's brother over here

29. Thanks (1): Ana Banana

Fav. Player
    Julione ♥

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Interista 4 Ever View Post
    Ana - Trust me, Melbourne is awesome.

Canberra is Boring !

Sydney is way over-rated !

Melbourne has it all. Ask us what you want to do, see and experience (outside of your studies) and Melbourne will have it.
    I loved Canberra - but then again, I don't live there. Sydney was wonderful too, but again - I don't know how it'd be to live there. But they're not even an option so it doesn't matter. I don't really know anything I want to do there [okay, maybe one thing] I'm just looking for general information.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Come to Santa Marta............................................. ................................................
    cricket, cricket
    not too much longer hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Or, go see Hal's brother over here
    Dyl, do you know how sad I am that we have no ties to Ireland whatsoever? Ugh
    minus.five

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

32. Thanks (1): Ana Banana

Fav. Player
    Icardi
    Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member
    Amsterdam has weed, your fianc and prostitues. The language is ugly as hell tho, it kinda sounds like they will throw up in the middle of the sentence. Yeah, I realize that the program is in English, but you're still going to be living in Holland.

Fuck Barca.

Berlin has Daurinho. But, the language is also ugly as hell, the people don't really seem to speak much english there (personal experience, I could be wrong), so you'd have to learn it pretty quickly...the fact that most things on TV are dubbed doesn't help either. The place also seems to be very anti-Inter, according to Dara at least...but then again, you have young Darius.

Genova is pretty close to Milano, so you could catch Inter games and shit. You've lived there (amirite?), so I assume you know the pro's and cons already. The place does look kinda dull, though...

Melbourne is cool, I guess. Hal is married, though.

Seville? Meh...

34. Thanks (1): Ana Banana