Thread: Orthodox Christmas

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF

Orthodox Christmas

Today is the orthodox christmas, so let me congratulate every orhodox christian in this forum! Merry Christmas and all the best. Hristos se rodi!
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

2. Thanks (2): Bzzlightyear, I4E

Fav. Player
    Ranocchia

Macedonia

Vistina se rodi
    Happy orthodox christmas

4. Thanks (1): I4E

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Hristos se rodi guys...

Merry orthodox christmas!
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

so is this just yugoslavian and russian orthodox? Ik Albanian Orthodox Christmas is Dec. 25th, I think its the same with Greeks, Bulgarians, Romanians, etc...

Armenia

Armenia as well, we have chrismas as well

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by bzzdk View Post
    Armenia as well, we have chrismas as well
    what day do you guys have christmas? apparently its for countries that used the gregorian calendar, but many have revised back to dec 25th. nevertheless, merry christmas again to whoevers celebrating it. more presents I guess

Armenia

Quote Originally Posted by ninuk View Post
    what day do you guys have christmas? apparently its for countries that used the gregorian calendar, but many have revised back to dec 25th. nevertheless, merry christmas again to whoevers celebrating it. more presents I guess
    We call ourselves armenian- gregorian religion, and merry christmas to you all, as well

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    It doesnt matter the country, but religion. Orhodox christmas is today, and catholic one is on 25th.

The greeks "celebrate" christmas on 25th since they have many western european and stuff, plus companies fro there, so step by step, they starter celebrating it then. But the true orthodox (and greeks ARE orhodox) is today. As the true new years of orthodox is on 13th of January.

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

I dont really care for religion, but my family is Orthodox and they celebrate Easter one week after the Catholic, but Christmas on the 25th. I know some Romanian and Bulgarian Orthodox who celebrate it on the 25th as well. It has nothing to do with Orthodoxy as there is Eastern Catholic churches that celebrate it on the 7th as well.
    Its just a lot of Eastern European and former Soviet States used the Gregorian calendar, which made december 25th coincide with january 7th.

Poland

I'm familiar with Othodox ways a little bit, my father is of that religion , though we never celebrated anything Othodox at home

Merry CHristmas

Fav. Player
    Francesco Toldo

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by ninuk View Post
    Its just a lot of Eastern European and former Soviet States used the Gregorian calendar, which made december 25th coincide with january 7th.
    They were using the Julian calendar, tbh. All other world is using the Gregorian.