Thread: Inter - Porto The Pictures!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Inter - Porto The Pictures!

If you still don't know well last night I went to the San Siro for the first time to see Inter 3-1 Porto. I will post my pictures from the game here.

Enjoy!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Here are the first lot:

Inter's tifo before the CURVA NORD banner...

The completed show, close up!

Curva Nord panoramic

Close up of the team warming up..

More will come...

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Some exterior pics:

The San Siro from a cafe...

Curva Sud, left hand side...

Curva Sud, right hand side...

Ovest stand, note the Ultras there with their banners and flags singing songs for hours pre match...

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

The pics are splendid Fabio!!!

Don't stop posting
    Leve Inter, Cercle Brugge, Standard, Palermo

United we stand and divided we fall
    All for one and one for all !!

Syria

10 years of FIF
    good man fabio, u are lucky. why are u not in the pics?

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    Great pictures!

And, I didn't know that the San Siro was that huge!!
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

Fabio where are the pictures you took during the match. You should post alot more buddy!!!!

More.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Sorry for the delay:

Flags and flares from the BOYS

My flag with the Curva Nord as the back drop...

Veron and Mihajlovic warm up in front of us

Curva Sud pre match, bottom right flares are from the Porto fans

Fabio 2
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    The picture of your flag with the fans in the background is simply beautiful Fabio.

Now you know the emotion of being inside the S Siro, you're among the lucky ones
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Pupi

Mozambique

[quote="Frisko"]The picture of your flag with the fans in the background is simply beautiful Fabio.[quote]

Yes thats a great pic and great flag. Been to the San Siro so many times but every time I go its the best experience in my life. Beautiful pics

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Yeah that picture with the flag came out very well...

Francesco, I am one of the privileged ones to have been there - and I am already waiting for my next trip...

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Syria

10 years of FIF
    what a co-incidence that fabio isnt in any of the pics!

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    what a co-incidence that fabio isnt in any of the pics!
    Thus, it's proved that Fabio has been lying to us. Liar Fabio !!

Quote Originally Posted by I Love Inter!
    Yeah that picture with the flag came out very well...

Francesco, I am one of the privileged ones to have been there - and I am already waiting for my next trip...

Fabio
    Hey Fabio, don't stop posting the pictures .... Or if not here, can you send me the pics to me - pravdhan21@yahoo.com

Thanx in advance,
    Pravesh

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Hmmmm so maybe it's a coincidence that I have never posted myself on here!?!?!?!?

Anyway Prav, I am making a report for my website where I will include some more pictures...

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    G.Facchetti, G.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter
    gr8 pics man Wish someday i'll be therre It has been my dream since supporting inter :cry2:

GOD plz make it come true

thnx again, i've saved them all if u don't mind
    C' solo l'Inter, per me, solo l'Inter !!!

Twitter: @inter4arab1908

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

This was my trip report:

Tuesday 15th March 2005

The day started off early as me and my father woke up at 6am and we were on the train to the airport by 7:15am. From Abbey Wood station to London Bridge station the journey is just around 30 minutes and from there we took a fast train to Gatwick train station.

London Gatwick airport is not as busy as the likes of London Heathrow but it still receives a heavy influx of arrivals and departures. Our plane left at 11am British time and arrived in Milan at around 2pm Central European Time.

The first thing we did was check in at our hotel. The Hotel Lido is a small but clean and efficiently run hotel just a couple of minutes walk from Lotto metro station and a 10 to 15 minute walk to the San Siro itself! After each having a shower after what had already been an exhausting journey - we set off for the stadium that I had only imagined in my dreams before...

My first views of the Giuseppe Meazza stadium were of the huge red pillars on the top of the stadium hanging out over the edges. As we got closer and closer I almost had the urge to sprint to the gates but I decided to keep control of myself. There were already several merchandise stalls selling all kinds of things including scarfs with "Juve to Odio" (Juve I hate you) and "Non ho Cugini" (I don't have cousins) written on them! There was also no lack of tickets touts outside the stadium wanting to sell you tickets for inflated prices with a risk of them being fake...

We had arrived at the stadium at around 3:30pm so we had plenty of time ahead of us. Before we had our first walk around the stadium, we went to the "Biglieterria Nord" to collect our tickets along with a small crowd who had already gathered. The Nord ticket office was where to collect your tickets if they had been bought on the Internet and the "Biglieterria Sud" was where the remaining tickets could be bought by the general public.

The whole area around the San Siro looked clean and apart from some grafitti on the walls of the nearby hippodrome with Anti Milan and Anti Inter abuse - the area was fine.

I bought an FC Internazionale hat and a flag with the same words and our logo on it from the merchandise stalls. To stay with the FC Internazionale theme, I also bought a cap with them words on it from the stalls. After several rings around the Giuseppe Meazza appetite settled in and me and my dad had to settle for a "wurstel" (sausage) burger. Then at around 6:30pm we gathered with other fans at the nearest entrance to our seats at Sector 17. After a 30 minute wait, the stewards opened the gates, searched us, and let us in. The first thing we did was go towards the San Siro store near gate 21. I was suddenly living the dream - a whole shop dedicated to Inter? NO WAY! But it was true and including with the items already bought, this is what I got:

04/05 Home shorts

04/05 European shirt

"FC Internazionale" scarf

"Monelle" scarf (I bought it for my sister)

Inter logo flag

Inter mousemat

FC Internazionale hat

Inter FM radio

Inter lighter

FC Internazionale gagliardetto

After our shopping frenzy, we headed for Sector 17. Some more stewards checked our tickets - and we were in! Unlike most stadiums when you enter the stands at the San Siro, you don't see the sky - you see people, people and...more people! We took to our seats and found a better view than what was originally expected. We met a person behind us from Bergamo who is and has been a season tickets holder at Inter for years. She told us that she had some knowledge from a friend in the Curva that tonight there would be a special choreography...

By the time of kick off, the Porto fans had let off some fireworks and our very own Curva Nord was in full swing chanting about the team pre match. And then, the 2 sets of 11 walked onto the field while the Nord unveiled their tricolore choreography with the flag of Milano and Inter's symbol - the snake over it in the middle. Then draping down from the front of the 2nd tier down to half way down the first tier a huge banner revealed the words "CURVA NORD".

The banner came back up, the flares burned out....and then - the referee blew his whistle. FORZA INTER!!!

Inter had most of the ball at the beginning and it all came to effect in just the 5th minute when an Adriano shot got wickedly deflected and looped over Vitor Baia and into the back of the net. The San Siro went crazy as we all knew that Inter was 3/4 of the way to qualifying to the Champions League quarter finals.The game then settled into a rhythm but according to me and the rest of the stadium, Esteban Cambiasso, Cristiano Zanetti and Adriano looked on form, hungry and pumped up for the occasion.

At half time there was time to relax on this very intense game but the 15 minutes went in a flash and it was soon back to battle. The crowd got angrier with the referee and his assistans as the game wore on. A bottle of Coca Cola narrowly missed the Norwegian and the nicest thing he was called throughtout the night was being told he was Portugese!

But with our without the help of referees - Adriano wanted to make sure that Inter's qualification save. After a clever through ball by Julio Cruz to Adriano. The Brazilian elegantly stabbed the ball into the net fooling Vitor Baia this time through trickery - not luck. Once again, wild celebrations took place and the crowd was extremely happy to have the "real" Adriano back.

But knowing Inter, our relaxation soon turned back to tension when Porto captain Jorge Costa scored from a scrappy goal from a corner kick. 2-1. The pendulum then turned in Porto's favour for 10 minutes which they had all the chances, luckily Inter held on for that period and the pendulum turned Nerazzurro again...

Then Obafemi Martins came on for a well received Julio Cruz and things looked alive again. But it was Nerazzurri captain Javier Zanetti who had the best chance of the game that didn't turn into a goal. The Argentina made a brilliant 40 yard run and found himself 1 on 1 with the Porto goalkeeper. After dummying him, the ball escaped from his feet but the captano still got a weak shot off which was saved on the line by a Porto defender. The San Siro felt to bad for Zanetti who always gives his best for the Black and Blue colours.

But Adriano completed a welcome hat trick when he scored his and Inter's 3rd and last goal of the night against a tired Porto side. The San Siro was on it's feet rocking and jumping in full knowledge that Inter were through to the 1/4 of the Champions League.

As we left the San Siro we had one last look and then turned our way back to the hotel. We had some more looks at the Merchandising stalls and then we realised that it would be impossible to find a decent Pizzeria open at that time (11:00pm). So we settled for another wurstel burger each. Oh well, a dream has to come with one flaw!

We got back to our hotel room, switched on the T.V ot find...highlights from the game! We saw the end of that and then switched off the light for a good night's sleep.

Wednesday 16th March 2005

Happy birthday me! The day after the match was my birthday and also the day that we did some quick sightseeing. After a quick breakfast at our hotel we visited the Duomo where I imagined tens of thousands of Inter fans celebrating there after a scudetto victory, the Teatro La Scala, La Galleria and the Castello Sforzesco which was all enjoyable.

But soon enough it was time to go home. We left from Milan Linate where we had got just the day before but I knew I would be arriving there very soon again to see Inter many times in the future......

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Wonderful story man, I imagined myself being you.

I will live this moment too hopfully, and unlike you, I won't control myself and will probably do some time for unruly behaviour.

Fav. Player

Canada

This summer Im going to Milan and I'll make sure we get fined a good 200 grand lmao
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Bobogol - Rober

ya mike u betta not go on the trip without me cuz i gotta meet bobovieri b4 i die or else imma haunt everyone that stood in mah way lmaooo
    ~ Bobo will never be forgotten ~