Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andreas Brehme

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter

Andreas Brehme

Andreas Brehme

Recently Andy Brehme was mentioned in a post and by searching around the LGI thread i couldn't find anything on him. I am surprised he has not had a mention for LGI so i thought i'd put this together as i think he certainly does deserve recognition in this thread.

In the time that i have loved Inter i don't think there has been a left sided defender/wing back quite like Brehme. We have had some come and go since Andy but his playing style, effort and contribution to our team was exceptional. Brehme's contribution to the 88/89 scudetto was as influential as his compatriot Lothar Matthaus. When i was a teenager, my room had posters of him

What made Brehme such a classy defender was his ability to get forward and create opportunities, countless assists and score some memorable goals. His ability to read the game and get into positions moving forward was pure class. He was ambidextrous and although he was a natural left footer, he always took penalties with his right foot. Why he did that i am not entirely sure, but i've always been given the impression that generally left foot penalty kicks have failed more often than with the right foot ( if anyone can prove this statistically ...... Vito ? ...... that would be great ).

Legend
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

“I don’t think the formation model counts, it’s all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    "He was ambidextrous and although he was a natural left footer, he always took penalties with his left foot."

You mean he took PKs with his right?

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Brehme. I always heard he was one of the German trio at Inter. A true legend indeed. The fact he has no thread before this shows how young Inter fans around here OR you just live too long to have ever witnessed Brehme, Lothar and Klinsmann (although Klinsmann didn't win any trophies)
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    "He was ambidextrous and although he was a natural left footer, he always took penalties with his left foot."

You mean he took PKs with his right?
    Fixed that just seconds b4 you posted cheers Han.

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AvadaKedavra View Post
    Brehme. I always heard he was one of the German trio at Inter. A true legend indeed. The fact he has no thread before this shows how young Inter fans around here OR you just live too long to have ever witnessed Brehme, Lothar and Klinsmann (although Klinsmann didn't win any trophies)
    Klinsmann won an Italian supercup and Uefa cup with us.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

“I don’t think the formation model counts, it’s all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Aha! I always forget about UEFA Cup while we're the club won it the most alongside Liverpool.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    L'Inter mercato

Monaco

During his time with us he also scored a controversial (Foul on Völler?) but inch-perfect last-minute penalty against Argentina in Italy which made Germany WC winner 1990. Clutch gene!

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    How about his crazy goal against the dutch in WC 90 ? Inter trio West Germans vs Milan trio Dutch at San Siro ironically
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

Poland

He reminds me of some famous actor

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Biscione View Post
    He reminds me of some famous actor
    Rutger Hauer ?

INTERISTA 4 EVER

Fav. Player

Italy

The best left-wing of that 'era,a playmaker winger as Aldo Serena called him for his intelligence at playing.

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by I4E View Post
    How about his crazy goal against the dutch in WC 90 ? Inter trio West Germans vs Milan trio Dutch at San Siro ironically
    was curious which one. so, i just post this vid.

FC INTERNAZIONALE

FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Black&Blue View Post
    The best left-wing of that 'era,a playmaker winger as Aldo Serena called him for his intelligence at playing.
    Thats a great way to describe him. I've mentioned in another post that i wish we had an Andy Brehme type now in that left back spot now

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AvadaKedavra View Post
    was curious which one. so, i just post this vid.

Thats the one ! Pretty classy
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

Fav. Player

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by I4E View Post
    Thats a great way to describe him. I've mentioned in another post that i wish we had an Andy Brehme type now in that left back spot now
    Impossible
    But the left wing have always been our weak part of the squad since Carlos left (I liked Maxwell though,he was not world class as the previous 2 but he gave a good hand at winning 3 Scudettos,especially the 2 with Mancini 'cause under Mourinho he was benched since january after that lost in Bergamo).

I'd like to see some germans coming back at Inter,now they are producing so many talents again but I don't know why Moratti never bought a german in these 17 years,maybe he doesn't like them I think the last one was Sammer in 1993 (still Pellegrini as President)

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Black&Blue View Post
    Impossible
    But the left wing have always been our weak part of the squad since Carlos left
    So true
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

Fav. Player
    JZ4

whoa wait, this guy didn't have a thread til now?!!
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

16. Thanks (3): Ana Banana, Black&Blue, I4E

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Can we sign him again now?? As least, he would have his heart for this team.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Matthäus, Andy

Israel

Sell the club Moratti. Time to bring back the Germans to Inter and get rid of the fucking south americans (bar Zanetti of course) which only cares about the $$.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Russian Federation

I agree with Hamsun. We don't need south americans. In Europe we have better players.

Fav. Player
    L'Inter mercato

Monaco

Hamsun vid was posted in the start post

Fav. Player
    Matthäus, Andy

Israel

Oh lol, didn't notice