Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA March Madness

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

NCAA March Madness

For those of you who don't know, 68 team college basketball tournament (players under 24). 6 round single elimination tournament, 67 teams are defeated, 1 if left champion. Possibly America's favorite sporting event.

Even if you know nothing about basketball, feel free to make a bracket. The higher the seed of a team, the better they are *usually*

Site if you want to make a bracket

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-.../en_CA/bracket

If you actually follow college basketball, feel free to chat.

My final four is Kentucky, UNC, Florida St, Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    I have Kansas, Mizzouri, Kentucky and Cuse... but I'll probably change out Cuse with the recent news today.

GO Bruins! oh wait... we're on the couch I'd like to see St. Mary's, Cal and Colorado make the west a little more respectable.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Pac 12 this year was

I don't see Cuse getting past Flo St/Ohio St without Melo. Doubt they lose to Wiscy in the sweet 16 though.

I'm making the 8 hour roadtrip to Nashville to watch Michigan's 1st round game, as well as the Temple vs USF/Cal winner. Should be fun.
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Pac 12 this year was

I don't see Cuse getting past Flo St/Ohio St without Melo. Doubt they lose to Wiscy in the sweet 16 though.

I'm making the 8 hour roadtrip to Nashville to watch Michigan's 1st round game, as well as the Temple vs USF/Cal winner. Should be fun.
    At least those Fab 5 penalty days are over. I prefer the Spartans when it comes to Michigan teams, mainly because I like Dantonio and Izzo. But with that being said, I think Izzo will have his hands full when he plays Memphis. Unfortunately I only think you, myself, Vito and Dyna only care about this.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Michigan St was handed a golden brick road to the final four imo, Memphis will be their biggest challenge until the elite eight because I just don't think Louisville is that good.

I hate the fab 5 with every bone in my body.

And I doubt we get more than 5 people. Post your bracket later if you remember

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    For those of you who don't know, 68 team college basketball tournament (players under 24). 6 round single elimination tournament, 67 teams are defeated, 1 if left champion. Possibly America's favorite sporting event.

Even if you know nothing about basketball, feel free to make a bracket. The higher the seed of a team, the better they are *usually*

Site if you want to make a bracket

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-.../en_CA/bracket

If you actually follow college basketball, feel free to chat.

My final four is Kentucky, UNC, Florida St, Missouri

Technically you do not have to be under 24 years old...you just have to have eligibility. You can come back as a 40 year old and play if you are eligible and good enough. Bernard James on Florida State just turned 27 in February.

My final 4 is Kentucky, Michigan St., Wisconsin, Kansas. Kentucky over Kansas in the championship. Some of my upsets are Harvard over Vanderbilt, Cal over Temple and Texas to the Sweet 16.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

I just wanted to place a general rule (guideline) so people understood the concept. Basically we're dealing with amateur athletes.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

The lakers have 2 draft picks, so Ill be watching March Madness, can any one tell me top 10 prospects, and others that we need to watch out for.

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Costa Rica

Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    Technically you do not have to be under 24 years old...you just have to have eligibility. You can come back as a 40 year old and play if you are eligible and good enough. Bernard James on Florida State just turned 27 in February.
    I remember in '01, Maryland almost got knocked out in the first round by a 30 year old army vet on George Mason.

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post

My final 4 is Kentucky, Michigan St., Wisconsin, Kansas. Kentucky over Kansas in the championship. Some of my upsets are Harvard over Vanderbilt, Cal over Temple and Texas to the Sweet 16.
    I actually agree with you on the Cal over Temple thing. I find Cal to be very underrated just because they were in the Pac-12. I don't think they're as bad because they had a good 2nd half.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by NajkihhInterista View Post
    The lakers have 2 draft picks, so Ill be watching March Madness, can any one tell me top 10 prospects, and others that we need to watch out for.
    Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Austin Rivers, anyone on North Carolina's starting 5

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    Pac-12. I hate this... luckily there is no coefficient for this crap. Just pride, and right now it hurts badly as a Pac-12 person.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Don't worry, the way this tourney is trending, Cal is due for 20-0 run and a win

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    That officiating for the Cuse-Ashville game was piss poor. I felt that game looked almost rigged.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, tbh.

I have 2 games wrong so far. So 8/10. Had Long Beach St. and WVU wrong.

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    13-3 isn't too bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Coasterfreek; 16 Mar 12 at 07:38.

Fav. Player
    L'Inter mercato

Monaco

Yay Hoosiers win.
    #InterMentality

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Austin Rivers, anyone on North Carolina's starting 5

AHEMMMMM...THOMAS ROBINSON!

19. Thanks (1): Coasterfreek

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NajkihhInterista View Post
    I doubt the Lakers would trade up to get any real "stars." Just watch Kentucky if you want to see a team with a bunch of NBA people.. Calipari is known for picking up one and dones.

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

HAHAHAHA.. Mizzou lost. I bet Vito is going nuts seeing a rival team lose right?

Let's play this old video because they deserve it.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

I watched yesterday kentucky ,those players can play, some of them could do pretty sick dunks..