Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Captain Forever - The legendary Zanetti

  1. #1
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Feb 09
    Posts
    6,481
    Thanked
    10,723 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    Most Serious Member Transfer Guru

    Captain Forever - The legendary Zanetti


    In his younger days, he had everything it takes to become an accomplished full back. Electric speed, a strong and balanced body inspite of his slender frame, and enormous lung capacity to keep running for 90 minutes or even 120 minutes, twice a week. Knowing such characteristics, you would imagine a bullish fullback that relishes the slugfest with attackers. But those are wrong. He always aims for clean challenges and when he must do a sliding tackle, he does it cleanly too. Ask any player who chased the 50-50 ball thrown at them with him around. The ball wasn’t lost because of a dirty trick or a nasty tackle. It was lost to a 175 cm player whose running was enough to fend off much heavier players while cleanly stealing the ball off them. Statistics prove that, for until now he has only received 2 red cards.

    And his attacking ability was something any attackers are jealous of. His mazy runs struck fear into any defence, once he even skipped the challenge of the legendary Baresi and Maldini duet. Time flies, years go by, he doesn’t have that pace anymore, but he compensates that loss with his legendary versatility. Throughout his career, he has played all the positions from the defence to the midfield. While centerback isn’t his habitat, he does the rest of the roles with excellence. And don’t forget his famous consistency. He is so consistent for 90 minutes twice a week, every week, and you would still hear that “he never has a bad game”.

    By now you must already know who the player is. Yes he is Javier Adelmar Zanetti, leader of Argentina and the captain of Internazionale. Husband of Paula, and the father of Sol. He will neither ever take revenge on anyone nor does anyone hold grudge against him in this world or next. He is a great player, a very great player, but sadly only a few name him in the same breath like Maldini, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, etc. Why is he so underrated and under-estimated? This is because of his lack of trophies and achievement in his football career, and it is partly because of all the misfortunes and mistakes he has made in his life, but mostly due to his undying loyalty to his club and their fans.... continued at Captain Forever
    Attached Images Attached Images


  2. #2
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Feb 09
    Posts
    6,481
    Thanked
    10,723 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Its so good to see an article on our legendary captain at footballspeak. We could do with more Inter related articles, if anyone is interested...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    29 May 11
    Posts
    24
    Thanked
    1 times

    Algeria

    Grande Capitano His game today was amazing, plays like a young boy but he isn't so young...
    He is the most important part in the game of the Club... If he would't stay at the club, the club hasn't had a so succesfully history in the past.
    My Big Love =>> INTER e LAZIO e 1860 München

  4. #4
    Bzzlightyear's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Mar 12
    Posts
    4,373
    Thanked
    1,010 times

    Armenia

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post

    In his younger days, he had everything it takes to become an accomplished full back. Electric speed, a strong and balanced body inspite of his slender frame, and enormous lung capacity to keep running for 90 minutes or even 120 minutes, twice a week. Knowing such characteristics, you would imagine a bullish fullback that relishes the slugfest with attackers. But those are wrong. He always aims for clean challenges and when he must do a sliding tackle, he does it cleanly too. Ask any player who chased the 50-50 ball thrown at them with him around. The ball wasn’t lost because of a dirty trick or a nasty tackle. It was lost to a 175 cm player whose running was enough to fend off much heavier players while cleanly stealing the ball off them. Statistics prove that, for until now he has only received 2 red cards.

    And his attacking ability was something any attackers are jealous of. His mazy runs struck fear into any defence, once he even skipped the challenge of the legendary Baresi and Maldini duet. Time flies, years go by, he doesn’t have that pace anymore, but he compensates that loss with his legendary versatility. Throughout his career, he has played all the positions from the defence to the midfield. While centerback isn’t his habitat, he does the rest of the roles with excellence. And don’t forget his famous consistency. He is so consistent for 90 minutes twice a week, every week, and you would still hear that “he never has a bad game”.

    By now you must already know who the player is. Yes he is Javier Adelmar Zanetti, leader of Argentina and the captain of Internazionale. Husband of Paula, and the father of Sol. He will neither ever take revenge on anyone nor does anyone hold grudge against him in this world or next. He is a great player, a very great player, but sadly only a few name him in the same breath like Maldini, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, etc. Why is he so underrated and under-estimated? This is because of his lack of trophies and achievement in his football career, and it is partly because of all the misfortunes and mistakes he has made in his life, but mostly due to his undying loyalty to his club and their fans.... continued at Captain Forever
    Be back must clean my face tears are running of my face right now so much have he done so little does the real world knows.

    What i hate most sometimes at Goal.com some FUCKING RUBENTUS are saying he is more then an average player FUCK THEM ALL

  5. #5
    Irequis's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Nov 11
    Posts
    857
    Thanked
    896 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Argentina

    This is my article.
    Original : http://irequis.wordpress.com/2012/03...tain-fourever/
    I have posted it here too : http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...-Football-Blog
    Well thanks for citing the original author .

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Its so good to see an article on our legendary captain at footballspeak. We could do with more Inter related articles, if anyone is interested...
    I will.
    http://irequis.wordpress.com/
    Feeling up the senses like a night in Giuseppe Meazza

  6. #6
    Il Divin Codino's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Apr 11
    Posts
    1,184
    Thanked
    469 times
    Fav. Player
    R.Baggio, Pupi

    Mexico

    Great article! Didn't know he rejected a move to Madrid!

  7. #7
    Bzzlightyear's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Mar 12
    Posts
    4,373
    Thanked
    1,010 times

    Armenia

    Quote Originally Posted by evilmact View Post
    Great article! Didn't know he rejected a move to Madrid!
    I remember it was galactico era and they asked a MM if he whanted to sell " they didnt talk to his agens directly to MM and MM told piss off or something.

    Moratti was insolted " but before MM did that he asked JZ and JZ told he doesnt wanna leave inter. and thats it

    I believe it was around when Ronaldo left inter or just before

  8. Thanks (2): Devious, Il Divin Codino

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •