Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players loyalty, or just professionalism?

Estonia

10 years of FIF

Players loyalty, or just professionalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Remember destro was part of the milito/motta deal two key elements of the treble, i dont consider that a mistake.
    No... Destro was part of the Rano deal (50% when we bought half, 50% when he joined us in jan). So yeah, a bit of a mistake to give 100% ownership of a player who has been top scorer in his team in pretty much all Italian youth levels.

Edit: thing about Destro tho. What is it with the best kids to come out of our academy supporting the most hated teams of Inter?

Balotelli - milanista
    Santon - milanista
    Destro -juventino

It's really and always deep inside you get the feeling they are not 100% loyal to us! Wish for once we'd get a player who is Inter through and through.
    Check my Downfall parody of Inter transfer summer 2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGoSfx-3x8Q

My review of current Inter: http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...703#post862703

My new website: http://footballsnewtalent.wordpress.com/

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Didn't Santon once mentioned that he would never play for Milan?

I don't think Santon is a Milanista.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    He said he supported them as a kid, but would never play for them because of respect towards Inter.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Estonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    He said he supported them as a kid, but would never play for them because of respect towards Inter.
    Such words sadly mean shit in most cases when it comes to modern footballers. If Destro would have a choice next summer between Juventus or Siena for example, I wonder which one he'd choose and what would become of that respect.

This game is more about professionalism than loyality now. Players stay only if you can win title every season or you can offer him crazy money.

To continue to go a bit off topic: Sometimes I wonder about those top footballers who are actually playing in the club they support since childhood. Why do they need to get such high wages for playing for the team they always dreamed of playing for and who they care a lot for. Surely a true fan would say: "Give me a few million more and find a nice player with it." It's sad that money dominates even those innocent dreams from childhood.
    Check my Downfall parody of Inter transfer summer 2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGoSfx-3x8Q

My review of current Inter: http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...703#post862703

5. Thanks (1): Guney

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Vanuatu

Quote Originally Posted by Tanel View Post
    To continue to go a bit off topic: Sometimes I wonder about those top footballers who are actually playing in the club they support since childhood. Why do they need to get such high wages for playing for the team they always dreamed of playing for and who they care a lot for. Surely a true fan would say: "Give me a few million more and find a nice player with it." It's sad that money dominates even those innocent dreams from childhood.
    I feel like this almsot every day. I was talking with a friend about hypothetical football careers of our own. He posed the question, would you play for Inter for 10K a week or any major EPL club for 100K a week? I said Inter, this I feel without a doubt. He just laughed and said "Yeah, right", not at all believing my answer.

This is what i find sad about football today. Players earning 50K will abandon all loyalty and jump ship if another team offers them 100K a week. So what if you get a pay rise? You already earn 50K a week, no-one needs that amount of money anyway!

I would happily live in a crapmed Milano apartment earning 20K per YEAR if it meant my job was playing professionally for Inter Milan. I really can't understand why so few people have the same thought about their own favourite team...

7. Thanks (1): Guney

Fav. Player
    Cuchu, The Wall

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by kostas22 View Post
    I feel like this almsot every day. I was talking with a friend about hypothetical football careers of our own. He posed the question, would you play for Inter for 10K a week or any major EPL club for 100K a week? I said Inter, this I feel without a doubt. He just laughed and said "Yeah, right", not at all believing my answer.

This is what i find sad about football today. Players earning 50K will abandon all loyalty and jump ship if another team offers them 100K a week. So what if you get a pay rise? You already earn 50K a week, no-one needs that amount of money anyway!

I would happily live in a crapmed Milano apartment earning 20K per YEAR if it meant my job was playing professionally for Inter Milan. I really can't understand why so few people have the same thought about their own favourite team...
    So if you got offered a job which doubled your salary you wouldn't take it? I know I would be like where do I sign. And football is different because everyone has an expiry date, it's not like you can play for 30-40 years you should be trying to maximize your financial gain in the time you have. We talk about players loyalty to the club but the door swings both ways, clubs do all sorts of dodgy shit too like dropping a player so they don't have to pay his bonus for x amount of appearances or leaving a guy in the gutter after a career ending injury etc. Not saying I like this sort of mercenary, financial gain, driven behaviour, but football is a number's game now like it or not and it's easy to blame some of these guys but if you put yourself in their shoes I'm not sure we would do any different.

9. Thanks (3): Fitzy, Raul Duke, YNWALFC

Armenia

No... Destro was part of the Rano deal (50% when we bought half, 50% when he joined us in jan). So yeah, a bit of a mistake to give 100% ownership of a player who has been top scorer in his team in pretty much all Italian youth levels.

Edit: thing about Destro tho. What is it with the best kids to come out of our academy supporting the most hated teams of Inter?

Balotelli - milanista
    Santon - milanista
    Destro -juventino

It's really and always deep inside you get the feeling they are not 100% loyal to us! Wish for once we'd get a player who is Inter through and through.
    Obi is for sure true Interista

11. Thanks (1): AxigZag.ESIOLAG.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    Haven't we had zanetti for....well ever. Don't overlook the loyalty that is within the squad we have true interista players, so idk it seems like its not as rare as you're making it seem

Fav. Player
    zamorano
    Old name
    noxxaro

Japan

Last edited by sanka; 12 May 12 at 12:03.
    Solo Internazionale 1908

Fav. Player
    Milito

Australia

60 Forum Supporter
    This is getting way off topic

15. Thanks (3): D-Sky, I4E, Pajo

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    remember, baresi grew up an inter fan and played his entire career at ac... ancelotti was similar...

just because you grow up a fan of someone a kid, doesnt mean you still are as an adult. cassano's another example.

for people like santon or destro, they've spent years in our youth team, its not impossible that some of them feel too much respect for inter to play for one of our rivals. obviously that's not the case for bonucci, but still (slightly different as we only had him in the youth team for 2 seasons)

17. Thanks (1): interista4

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Dario Hubner

Loved Inter ...... never got a chance to play for em. could have joined other big clubs. But basically did'nt give a fuck if he played at a big club or not, yet scored many, many, many goals. I'm sure he was top scorer on atleast one occasion in serie A.

So yes, there are players out there that don't really give a shit.

Back on topic: How serious is shit with Destro atm ?
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

I dont think the formation model counts, its all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

Estonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerazzurri Tiger View Post
    So if you got offered a job which doubled your salary you wouldn't take it? I know I would be like where do I sign. And football is different because everyone has an expiry date, it's not like you can play for 30-40 years you should be trying to maximize your financial gain in the time you have. We talk about players loyalty to the club but the door swings both ways, clubs do all sorts of dodgy shit too like dropping a player so they don't have to pay his bonus for x amount of appearances or leaving a guy in the gutter after a career ending injury etc. Not saying I like this sort of mercenary, financial gain, driven behaviour, but football is a number's game now like it or not and it's easy to blame some of these guys but if you put yourself in their shoes I'm not sure we would do any different.
    You can't compare the job of a footballer also to the job of an accountant or a lawyer or whatever else. If you work in some office, the chances are that you don't really enjoy what you are doing and no-one has giant pictures of you sitting behind your desk "Mr X inserts data at record speeds". Well-known footballers do not struggle to get jobs after their career - it's total bullshit regarding the fact that they need to secure themselves for life - maybe some put that money aside (to sit on their ass for the rest of the life after doing something that everybody else would be willing to do for almost free).

I have to say tho that it is no surprise that this mercenary thing is sort of in connection with the trend of agents and agencies who probably feed their client a lot of crap and who also need for their own good have the player transferred often and have as high a wage as possible, because their income depends on it.

But at times you wonder what do they want from their career and is the money more important than their dreams. If I were in a team that loved me, a club that I'd love, I wouldn't care much about what I earned. I'd much rather prefer that this club is best equipped to achive something - if it meant me earning 1 million a year instead of 4 (which in Italy would add 6 million to club's account) , then I'd be fine as long as this money isn't going into some corporate owners pocket (see Premier League) and goes to the youth academy or a top player.

20. Thanks (1): Minardista

Old name
    browha

Europe

thats not really true...
    the absolute best footballers, sure, they can get jobs. look at pundits and coaches, etc..

but that makes up like 0.1% of all the worlds footballers. The average player in the premiership wont go on to be a coach, or write a column, or be a TV pundit after he retires from the game. And if they cant make it, the lower league players have no fucking chance whatsoever..

22. Thanks (1): The_Eradicator

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Players have short careers which might end with a sudden injury. They have to earn as much as possible to support their families in the present and in the future. Anyone in their position would do the same thing. I think there are who genuinely have love for a club but supporting your family financially does supersede it.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Estonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    thats not really true...
    the absolute best footballers, sure, they can get jobs. look at pundits and coaches, etc..

but that makes up like 0.1% of all the worlds footballers. The average player in the premiership wont go on to be a coach, or write a column, or be a TV pundit after he retires from the game. And if they cant make it, the lower league players have no fucking chance whatsoever..
    Who is even speaking of lower league players. One thing is making 3000 euro a month and asking for 5000, making 200k and accepting 300k from another club in same league... and another thing completely is making 700k a year (POST TAX! - which alone in two years amounts pretty much to what people who live very nice lives make in their whole life... in the Western society) and asking for 2 mil.

But I can speak for Estonia. You get so many connections if you are a footballer at a reasonable professional level that finding a job in football or through football is incredibly easy even for guys whose professional career highlight was playing in Norwegian top division.

I'm not talking about playing for the club you love for free. Ofcourse you need a reasonable amount that allows you security and a good life.

But do you need to make 4 million a year to play for a team you love - esp if you have a contract that probably doesn't last just one year. Are you trying to support the children of your grand grand grand children?

I'm not condemning the Mike who plays in Championship but takes an offer that doubles his salary from a club in the same league as the side he has been playing in for 10 years. I'm not even condeming those players who sign for Man City and ask for a lot of money. Tho I'm questioning people like say De Rossi who are born and risen up as supporters of a big club and yet need to get 5-6 million a year post tax.

Old name
    browha

Europe

Who is even speaking of lower league players. One thing is making 3000 euro a month and asking for 5000, making 200k and accepting 300k from another club in same league... and another thing completely is making 700k a year (POST TAX! - which alone in two years amounts pretty much to what people who live very nice lives make in their whole life... in the Western society) and asking for 2 mil.

But I can speak for Estonia. You get so many connections if you are a footballer at a reasonable professional level that finding a job in football or through football is incredibly easy even for guys whose professional career highlight was playing in Norwegian top division.

I'm not talking about playing for the club you love for free. Ofcourse you need a reasonable amount that allows you security and a good life.

But do you need to make 4 million a year to play for a team you love - esp if you have a contract that probably doesn't last just one year. Are you trying to support the children of your grand grand grand children?

I'm not condemning the Mike who plays in Championship but takes an offer that doubles his salary from a club in the same league as the side he has been playing in for 10 years. I'm not even condeming those players who sign for Man City and ask for a lot of money. Tho I'm questioning people like say De Rossi who are born and risen up as supporters of a big club and yet need to get 5-6 million a year post tax.

So what you're saying is, someone who is a fan of a club and plays for them, should do it cheaper than someone who ISNT a fan of the club but still plays for them?

Sort of seems the wrong way round to me, even.

Armenia

Open new thread that talks about Players Loyalty to a club, and not fucking on Forwards Rumors Thread, as its way way way way way way way way Off Topic

27. Thanks (2): bilci, D-Sky

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    ^ Spoken like a mod buzz dick ...... I mean bzzdk.

Sorry, iPad autocorrect
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

I dont think the formation model counts, its all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

Armenia

Quote Originally Posted by I4E View Post
    ^ Spoken like a mod buzz dick ...... I mean bzzdk.

Sorry, iPad autocorrect
    Give me Moderator

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

Thanks for creating this thread