18 40.91%
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chivu

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

Chivu

Since it seems that we are seriously linked to Chivu, what about opening opening a thread on whom we have been discussing so much in the "Transfer rumour" and "Defenders for next season" threads.

Well then, what can I say about Chivu ?? He's a very good defender, who can only get better, who's kinda experienced at this age. We were once very close to him, just like we were to capturing Nesta, only for our management to snub in in the very last moment, after getting the first option on him.

He's been very injury prone since he joined Roma, and we already have injury prone players, but still, I do think that it would be a risk worth to take with the available options we have. He's kinda allrounder kinda defender, who can play well both in CB and LB positions and is very reliable. He's just recetly back from a long term injury and in the very first official match he played, he had a very good game. That shows this defender's class. He did say that he would stick with Roma when been asked about Inter, but that's what he should have said. And there was once a player named RONALDO, who snubbed Inter for Real, after just returning from a long term injury.

If Mancini and the management really wants to get him, then i do think that it's very much possible to get him. Lets just hope that Milan wouldn't get him, coz in that case: Nesta -- Chivu could do wonder for them and we will be have to add yet another player in the already long list - Nesta, Pirlo, ....

We have been rumoured to have already have booked Luisao, but can we trust him ?? I doubt so .... And not to forget Burdisso, who we already have in our team. I very much think that Burdisso deserves chance in Inter, after all, it's just his very first season. We MUST stick with him. Chivu can play in LB position, if Burdisso does well next season.

J.Zanetti ------ Cordoba ----- Kompany/Burdisso/Luisao ----- Chivu :::::::::::::::::> would be a good one for next season. (not sure about Kompany).

Lets not talk about Kompany for now, as there are other threads to discuss on that.

And just incase Cordoba's partner fails to do well, then we will already have a readymade defender in Chivu. Having players who can play in different positions' very important and Chivu will help us alot. Lets just hope that he remains injury prone IF he joins Inter.

How are we supposed to get him ?? There are many methods, I guess. Apart from $$, we can trade players like: Karagounis, Coco, Davids, Ze Maria, Cruz (if Mancini doesn't want him to be a back up striker), Vieri (if we are not planning to keep him, which I think would be good for him and Inter), Recoba (yeah..) , ....

Back to CHIVU - Yea, I want him and hope that he remains injury free !

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    I would like us to get Chivu. I'd want him to play as centre-back, but if we get Luisao too, as rumours have suggested, then I want Chivu to play as left back.

Imagine:

J. Zanetti---Cordoba---Luisao---Chivu

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    He would be a huge boost for our team in next years campaign...We would be on the right track from now..

I hope we see in the papers that he ISNT coming to Inter 99%,then next day he is anounced wearing our jersey.

Only then will our luck change drasticlly
    Ziyad Of Boston

Chivu really great defender. especially perfect fit for Inter!!! and next Inter's Capitano.

Hmmmm.. I want centre-back Chivu. of course Chivu great LB also. but IMO Chivu one of the best CB and if with Cordoba? it's best!!!!

Maxwell?/Evra?---Chivu---Cordoba---Capitano.
    Next season Messi will be Inter player.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    If it's only Chivu, I guess for the left back position as I still have some hope for Burdisso to partner Cordoba.

Handyo

If this guy can stay away from the hospital I am very keen to buy him. He can play both roles with ease so my choice is both.

If we only got him and no other defenders I would put him in central defence. But it also depends on the performances of Burdisso. If we can get that dude up and running on the levels we expect him to we could replace Chivu with Favalli on the fullback position. However me might just get other good defenders too that we have to consider into the picture. So many options if get this great player.

Mancini has expressed his admiration for him even though I wouldn't put too much attention to those comments because he also mentioned the fact that we have other options too. I mean, if Samuel decides to come here we would be foolish to get Chivu for CB. Then it would be as left back.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

If we get Chivu and Kompany I don't think anyone would beat us... We will have one of the best defenses in Italy.

Chivu is good defender with tehnique, but he's short. Just imagine him and Cordoba in aerial duels with Trezegeut, Ibrahimovic, Gilardino and so on... We need tall and strong defender like Kompany, Luisao or someone else with strong physics...

Chivu would be excelent replacment for Cordoba when he's going to be 30...
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

LB or CB..get him immediately..
    MILAN A.C.

I'd rather have a great, short defender like Chivu than a tall defender who is not as good. Cordoba has great jumping skills. Of course it would be optimal to partner Cordoba with Samuel.

But if say we had the choice between Chivu and Southgate... You get the point.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Quote Originally Posted by mMontenegro
    Chivu is good defender with tehnique, but he's short. Just imagine him and Cordoba in aerial duels with Trezegeut, Ibrahimovic, Gilardino and so on... We need tall and strong defender like Kompany, Luisao or someone else with strong physics...

Chivu would be excelent replacment for Cordoba when he's going to be 30...
    We have Burdisso We actualy got him as Cannavaros replacement. But none of you trust him, and bringin Luisao to our club will not solve any problems since he is defently not better then Burdisso.

Back to Chivu, I can't see any reson for us to get him, cause we cant really use him alongside Cordoba, he is simply to short. And that is without mention his injury problems. And using him as a LB that is a sily idear. Why should we get him for that position, when we have a good chance to get a true LB in. Don't say that a converted LB is better then a true. It is no secret that we need a LB but we should give that position to Potenza, he is really awesome, and he is defently better then Chivu on that position.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Chivu can defenitly partner cordoba. This thing about having to have 1 big next 1 small defender is overrated. Thats the ideal but it doesn't have to be like that. Just look at milan's defence all their defenders are big. What you need is defenders that are well organised and anticiipate.

Chivu will be great. I would still keep burdisso as third choice centreback and since favalli won't play all the games chivu will at times play left back. So this will be my defence for next season:

Favalli/Chivu Chivu/Burdisso Cordoba JZ/Zemaria
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    I am not hearing good things about Luisao, so getting him ain't bad. Indeed, it would be great, whether it's for LB or CB role.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Filrst of all,let's get him and then we will use him where he is better.
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Peru

I wouldn't mind if Burdisso is our starter next season.

J.Zanetti----Cordoba----Luizao/Kompany/Burdisso----Chivu
    "It is better to improve what you have than to wish for the things you don't have"

Toldone, Capitano (Pupi), Cafe, Patron, Ill Muro, Matrix, Cuchu, Deki, Sulley, Lucho, Chino, Mario, Ibra.

Forza Inter!!!

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    It's not that I mind Chivu, I just don't feel sure that he can be as decisive as many people think. CB would be the role, if he can perform.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

I thought Chivu clearly said that he didn't want to leave Roma, especially to join Inter, so much so that he told his agents to reject any offers?

I'm pretty sure I saw this somewhere.

But if it is not true and the club actually wants to get him (after failing to do so 2 years ago) then I'd say get him. He could play either as a LB or CB and we could boot both Coco and Favalli and bring back Potenza.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Fav. Player
    G.Facchetti, G.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter
    He is currently a roma player so he cant say anything else abou rumors found in the newspapers. I think he would accept our offer if he had the choice.

and i agree with u, he is definitly a better LB that coco and favalli. He is good in defending and also really have some gr8 attacking skills. I would love to c him wearing our jersey soon.
    C' solo l'Inter, per me, solo l'Inter !!!

Twitter: @inter4arab1908

Syria

10 years of FIF
    i dont think we will get him at all, his fully pledged to Roma, and people coem on Kompany is so young and inexperienced whywould we already start him at inter more

Fav. Player
    G.Facchetti, G.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter
    great point helal thats what i am talking about. an experienced and good and a proven good player who played at high levels. Now kompany had played for anderlecht but still the belgian league is no way near calsio and in their champions league campaign, there defence wasn't that good. So, he must be really tested before thiknking about him as a starting player in our lineup.
    C' solo l'Inter, per me, solo l'Inter !!!

Twitter: @inter4arab1908