Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: The Scandal - Hopefully made simple?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    16 Apr 11
    Posts
    1,063
    Thanked
    466 times

    Denmark

    The Scandal - Hopefully made simple?

    Hi all,

    With this new scandal that came out, I see on various forums people saying that Inter only escaped problems back in 2006 because of some limitations.. Since I don't have time to read thru 500 sites to find the real facts, can someone explain to me in short keywords what people are talking about?

    From reading the few comments, It really seems that we were involved but just didn't get sentenced because of these limitations..

    Thanks

  2. #2
    .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    19,423
    Thanked
    19,159 times
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    the statue of limitations only applies for 5 years in SPORTING justice.

    In criminal justice, there's no such limitation AFAIK.

    The court cases are on going, and will result in prison sentences. Moggi, for example, and De Sanctis, have already been sent to prison for Calciopoli.



    Not a single Inter person has been investigated, as far as I know, with regards to the criminal side of Calciopoli.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    16 Apr 11
    Posts
    1,063
    Thanked
    466 times

    Denmark

    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    the statue of limitations only applies for 5 years in SPORTING justice.

    In criminal justice, there's no such limitation AFAIK.

    The court cases are on going, and will result in prison sentences. Moggi, for example, and De Sanctis, have already been sent to prison for Calciopoli.



    Not a single Inter person has been investigated, as far as I know, with regards to the criminal side of Calciopoli.
    Thanks for the reply.. But what about those tapes that surfaced where Giacinto was talking to refs.. Those that were "lost" in the 2006 trial? People say that these prove we called refs as well as others, but just didnt get convicted because these tapes were "lost" in 2006

  4. #4
    .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    19,423
    Thanked
    19,159 times
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    juve fans will say a lot of shit.

    if there was any real truth to it, then the police would be after inter too. They investigated Milan, for gods sake, or the Agnelli family - both of them are far FAR more powerful in Italy than Moratti is.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    16 Apr 11
    Posts
    1,063
    Thanked
    466 times

    Denmark

    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    juve fans will say a lot of shit.

    if there was any real truth to it, then the police would be after inter too. They investigated Milan, for gods sake, or the Agnelli family - both of them are far FAR more powerful in Italy than Moratti is.
    Yes, but that's where (supposedly) we were protected by the statue of limitations..

    I could have it all wrong, I'm just trying to see if we were saved by some law, or we really werent involved in any way at all.

  6. #6
    .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    19,423
    Thanked
    19,159 times
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We are protected within the SPORTING courts only.

    The FIGC cant rule on cases more than 5 years old - thats why Juventus didnt lose any scudetti in the 90s despite the fact that it was BLATANTLY obvious they were doping and so on.

    Italian CRIMINAL cases, presumably, still can.

  7. Thanks (1): ADRossi

  8. #7
    Ffi201zi002tlis's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Feb 12
    Posts
    2,886
    Thanked
    4,369 times

    Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by emcct View Post
    Thanks for the reply.. But what about those tapes that surfaced where Giacinto was talking to refs.. Those that were "lost" in the 2006 trial? People say that these prove we called refs as well as others, but just didnt get convicted because these tapes were "lost" in 2006
    maybe we should ask goal.crap they have some genius detectives who know more than police

  9. Thanks (1): Native

  10. #8
    .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    19,423
    Thanked
    19,159 times
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    and, tbh, the implication that sky italia (or whoever it is, one of our shareholders) conveniently 'discarded' the tapes that implicated Inter is RIDICULOUS.

    Sporting fraud is something that will be done on the individual level. A few people would go to prison if busted.


    A company doing something like that is somewhere between corruption, corporate fraud, and corporate negligence. That could be SERIOUS PROBLEMS for the company, rather than just a couple of individuals.

    It's like murdering someone to cover up the fact that you dented their car..

  11. #9

    Join Date
    16 Apr 11
    Posts
    1,063
    Thanked
    466 times

    Denmark

    Okay,

    So basically the conclusion is:

    1. There are no tapes with Inter calling refs

    2. We were not involved in any way

    Right?

  12. #10
    .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    19,423
    Thanked
    19,159 times
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I'm not promising anything. I dont speak Italian so I cant comment without seeing the first hand source material and understanding it. From what I understand, we did SPEAK to referees, but we NEVER asked for any favours or appointments.

  13. #11

    Join Date
    16 Apr 11
    Posts
    1,063
    Thanked
    466 times

    Denmark

    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    I'm not promising anything. I dont speak Italian so I cant comment without seeing the first hand source material and understanding it. From what I understand, we did SPEAK to referees, but we NEVER asked for any favours or appointments.
    Well, technically, from those transcripts I saw, there is no quotes where Moggi directly asks for favors. But, I read with translate tool, and just a few of them.. So I could be wrong

  14. #12
    .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    19,423
    Thanked
    19,159 times
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I believe there were a fwe cases where Moggi was like
    "Appoint a referee in our favour for this weekend", or
    "I would prefer (someone)"

    or indeed cases where, for example, he locks the referee in the dressing room because he's unhappy with his performance

  15. #13

    Join Date
    16 Apr 11
    Posts
    1,063
    Thanked
    466 times

    Denmark

    This is what I found:

    This is an FIGC lawyer confirming Giacinto Facchetti and Massimo Moratti are guilty of doing what Juventus were accused of and, in Facchetti's case, worse. To translate the key parts, the FIGC lawyer has said that Internazionale had an 'unnatural network of support' and the Facchetti was 'in too deep with referee designators'. Facchetti is guilty of an article 6 violation, while Moratti is guilty of an article 1. Article 6 violations are the worst and include match-fixing. Article 1 would be punished essentially with a slap on the wrist. Article 6 violations are punished by relegation. Juventus weren't even charged with an article 6. Juventus had a lot of lower level violations rolled into an article 6. It has, however, already been stated that Internazionale won't face relegation, despite their been clear evidence that they are guilty of more than Juventus. It is a fucking disgrace. It is great that the FIGC are acknowledging this, but I could not care less unless they are going to punish them. It is an outrage and proves the fact that Juventus were made to be scapegoats when there was clubs acting in a much worse manor.

    This dosen't make sense IF true...


    Also this:

    Facchetti: Look, I saw the score that we have had with Bertini. Four wins, four draws and four defeats.

    Bergamo: Damn, ok, lets do five, four, four. But wins.

    Facchetti: But tell him that its important tomorrow. He has had 12 games, all four, four, four.

    Bergamo: He will move one, the one that starts with V. I still have to speak with him, but he is intelligent, and he knows how things should go. Better late than never. Listen Giacinto, we consider Sunday's game to be a tranquil one. And we will put a debutant ref in the grid. Is that ok for you?

    Facchetti: Yes ok, if you want to. It's ok...

    Bergamo: I wanted to tell, please don't ever think about a lack of attention from my part.

    Facchetti: On Sunday a debutant ref is fine for me.

    Bergamo: A debutant, there is Mazzoleni.

    Facchetti: Mazzoleni is from Bergamo... there is also his brother.

    Bergamo: Yes, he is good and young. He has good numbers and has good promise.

    Facchetti: No problem.

    Bergamo: Listen, can you get me some tickets for Sunday for a client.

    Facchetti: No problem, call me Friday or Saturday. Call me and...

    Bergamo: Good luck.

    Facchetti: Please... tell him.

    Bergamo: Consider it done.



    Also:

    Facchetti- "Hello [referee designator] Bergamo. I'm going to the stadium. I've got a bit of touch/willingness from [ref] Bertini."

    Facchetti- "I've told my players, I told Mancini."

    Bergamo- "It'll be a beautiful game, you'll see."

    Facchetti- "Good."

    Bergamo "It has already been prepared that Bertini will make a beautiful game."

    Bergamo "It's a challenge that we will win together."

    Facchetti- "Okay, I already spoke with my players."

  16. #14
    Fitzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Aug 09
    Posts
    9,954
    Thanked
    15,588 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    Australia

    Forum Supporter

  17. Thanks (1): Jacquez

  18. #15
    Bzzlightyear's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Mar 12
    Posts
    4,373
    Thanked
    1,010 times

    Armenia

    ^^ this isnt true, i remember how "goal" supported rubentus and moggi, they were saint, all this is nonsense, for the record rubentus did cheat, they are trying to imprent news all around the world. I even remember last year they told, juventus is going to get there titles back and inter will lose the title they did get from 2006, they even told its immenent, and Then they made big news with Moggi etc, and nothing did happen, its always goal.com they do this kind of story so they can poblishe there crap out.

    For real dont even think about this, all this news isnt right, if it was then inter for long time ago would have been punished, but didnt, so what Rubentus is trying to do is only insult inter fans and its administration and nothing else

  19. #16

    Join Date
    16 Apr 11
    Posts
    1,063
    Thanked
    466 times

    Denmark

    Quote Originally Posted by bzzdk View Post
    ^^ this isnt true, i remember how "goal" supported rubentus and moggi, they were saint, all this is nonsense, for the record rubentus did cheat, they are trying to imprent news all around the world. I even remember last year they told, juventus is going to get there titles back and inter will lose the title they did get from 2006, they even told its immenent, and Then they made big news with Moggi etc, and nothing did happen, its always goal.com they do this kind of story so they can poblishe there crap out.

    For real dont even think about this, all this news isnt right, if it was then inter for long time ago would have been punished, but didnt, so what Rubentus is trying to do is only insult inter fans and its administration and nothing else
    Okay

  20. #17
    Universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jan 09
    Posts
    16,731
    Thanked
    26,953 times
    Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

    South Korea

    89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Whatever man. Just don't get Cafe to explain it to you.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

    \_(ツ)_/

  21. #18
    KillerKarl86's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Mar 12
    Posts
    112
    Thanked
    57 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    Innocent till proven guilty. They have had 6 years to charge Inter and nothing has happened, the reason being is because there isn't enough evidence or we haven't been involved in any wrongdoing.

    The last thing people need to do is listen to Juventus and there fans, they think MM is responsible for the whole of Calciopoli haha. Juve will say anything to make themselves look innocent and us guilty.

    FFS's they think we orchestrated the whole thing, even though Moggi was found with 100's on Sim Cards and with his call's recorded to show he was influencing officials.

    Get a grip Juve, and 28=2 stars
    Some of Us Only See in Black & Blue

  22. Thanks (2): Bzzlightyear, emcct

  23. #19
    vassago's Avatar
    Join Date
    29 May 09
    Posts
    1,124
    Thanked
    347 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    Macedonia

    i only know this they tried to implicate Facchetti with some bullshit story with "the mother of all calls" and it didnt do shit cause it wasnt what Moggi said it was but something completely different... just be done with it cause it's not worth it... being guilty of something cause the loser in this situation says so its total BS... fuck juBe and their cheating habits.. the bastards never learn...
    INTER

  24. #20
    Kakaroto's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Dec 10
    Posts
    10,400
    Thanked
    13,189 times
    Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

    United States

    48
    I am smelling some RuBe around here.
    Platano Power
    You Fuck With Me You Fucking With The Best

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •