Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netherlands

Fav. Player
    MM

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter

Netherlands

Netherlands National Team

Do the current vice-world champions have any chance of winning EURO 2012?
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Not if Robben plays in the final

Fav. Player
    El Fenómeno

Austria

there's the thread - good job
    sure hope they will
    + i threw some money into a "betting pot" with some friends so i'll party two times if they do

Quote Originally Posted by William_Ross View Post
    Not if Robben plays in the final
    no problem there - just never let him kick a penalty and it's allright

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    It's more than just his penalties

Fav. Player
    MM

Netherlands

Care to explain, then?
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    NETHERLANDS!!!

ORAUWNJE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

7. Thanks (2): Flying Dutchman, Native

IMO Germany has higher chances on winning than Holland, but of course everyone on its own opinion about this.
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    Care to explain, then?
    No haha

Seriously though, in cl against us he was, as usual, predictable as fuck oooooo w8 ah there it is, robben logic 100% of the time, I'll in down the right and cut in and shoot with my left, every fucking time, I remember going w8 for it w8 for it, tah dah (yeah i know he was up against us so thats why he was shit there) but then the world cup final, didn't he blow a great one v one or close to scenario? I remember saying if wesley had that chance it would have been in (I said that a lot in that
    Match), then as u know this years cl where yet again he couldn't score to save his life

Up till a final robben plays great but, for me, flunks in finals

Moving away from robben though The Netherlands have to have a good chance if winning the euros, cant really think of many sides
    That have a real chance of winning
    Last edited by William; 04 Jun 12 at 19:53.

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Its shame that they ended up in such a tough group. Should have been in Russia's group as we want to see quality teams in KOs.

Still can't believe how they lost to Russia in 08 when they were so impressive. Wouldn't mind Holland winning it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

Fav. Player
    MM

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    IMO Germany has higher chances on winning than Holland, but of course everyone on its own opinion about this.
    I agree, if you look at it on paper. However, for some reason I feel like they will be pretty equal, and might just draw. I think we have a better attack, but we lack in defense. And the midfield equals as well. Our strength lies in scoring as our defense isn't the best (especially not with Pieters injured out): simply scoring more goals than the opponent. I also think that we have more experienced players, which could be an asset. I don't believe our team overall is very good in form right now, though. Been slacking a lot the past few months, like they lost it after the 11-0 against San Marino. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by William_Ross View Post
    No haha

Seriously though, in cl against us he was, as usual, predictable as fuck oooooo w8 ah there it is, robben logic 100% of the time, I'll in down the right and cut in and shoot with my left, every fucking time, I remember going w8 for it w8 for it, tah dah (yeah i know he was up against us so thats why he was shit there) but then the world cup final, didn't he blow a great one v one or close to scenario? I remember saying if wesley ha that chance it would have been in, then as u know this years cl where yet again he couldn't score to save his life
    This is true, but what people always admired about him IS the fact that he always does the same, and still manages to own with it, most of the time.
    It does look like he's a bit of a big game choker though, but with players like Robben, that could change any time. You can't be 100% sure. Brazillians about Robben after the QF's in WC2010 (I don't have an English version unfortunately):

They basically explain on tv what he does combined with Sneijder, how he does it, and they also say that he always does that same thing but still is succesful with it, something that, in their eyes, resembles a real world class player.

---------- Post added at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Its shame that they ended up in such a tough group. Should have been in Russia's group as we want to see quality teams in KOs.

Still can't believe how they lost to Russia in 08 when they were so impressive. Wouldn't mind Holland winning it.
    Hiddink, that damned Hiddink...

And apparently Van Basten's training technique's were quite heavy, and he pushed them so hard in the group stage matches that, combined with the trainings, they were just very tired. According to some interview. However, I think this team was at its peak at the time, and should've won it that year. I believe they were stronger than they are now. We just had the wrong coach. Another generation wasted...
    -Lionheart
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

12. Thanks (2): Iron_Inter, monster09

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Agreed, you gotta admire how he will get by players with the same technique all the time but for me it gets very annoying as it sometimes feels like he as a strong lack of creativity, and as you backed he has disappointed in finals, people might think that I'm anti robben but all I want to see is the same greatness we see throughout a tournament or campaign in a final and if he mixes things up a little more then, as you said, he'll change a math instantly, him missing penalties is nothing everyone misses them, I just want to see robben do something a little special because with players like rvp an sneijder to company him you better believe holland have a great chance

Fav. Player
    MM

Netherlands

Aye, Robben said that after all these disappointments he really is determined to win EURO 2012 to make up for it. So I hope he can finally prove himself in big games here, do well and bring us far. Will be fun to watch him vs Germany and his teammates...
    -Lionheart
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

Fav. Player
    El Fenómeno

Austria

the question is which of the two teams supporters will "booo" louder

and no - i don't dislike robben

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Will be cheering for Netherlands this EURO 2012.. Hope they succeed this time, they played very well in the first games in Euro 08 and then slipped against an enthusiastic Russia, and the same shit happened in the WC final, they lost despite playing better, not saying they deserved it fully but the game deserved a better ending than Iniesta's goal. Hope they'll revenge in this Euro and win the trophy..
    Forza Inter

17. Thanks (1): Bob Sacamano

Fav. Player
    zamorano
    Old name
    noxxaro

Japan

In that picture why Kuyt reminds me a bit of Sloth from the Goonies?
    Solo Internazionale 1908

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    The Netherlands have had a poor first half v Denmark

The 2nd half was purely just Wesley vs Denmark, the rest of the team was awful, and yeah rvp and hunterlaar missed chance after chance but I got a question, where the fuck was robben in the 2nd half?
    Last edited by William; 09 Jun 12 at 19:03.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Please do try to prevent double-discussion in this thread, and in the Euro 2012 forum

Thanks!

Nice way to start the adventure. Godammit!
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

Fav. Player
    MM

Netherlands

Bert van Marwijk resigned.
    -Lionheart
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

Fav. Player
    Handanović

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    Bert van Marwijk resigned.
    Great, holland has the options to play much more attractive than they did under BVM