Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 614

Thread: The Italian player debate

  1. #1
    Fabio's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Apr 04
    Posts
    6,772
    Thanked
    51 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti



    The Italian player debate

    This has gone on for a while in the wrong place so write about it here....

    My view is that there should be at least 3 Italians in the team regularly

    Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

  2. #2
    Roberto's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Sep 04
    Posts
    1,245
    Thanked
    6 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil



    I second that Fabio

  3. #3
    Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,868
    Thanked
    2,176 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    South Africa

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I believe its racist to have to have certain number of players from a certain country. So I disgree 1000000000000000000000000000000%.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com


  4. #4
    Roberto's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Sep 04
    Posts
    1,245
    Thanked
    6 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil



    but its the ITALIAN LEAGUE!!!! Italians should be on every team. Also I disagree with people who are saying italy doesn't have that many great players anymore because I think we have alot of world class players.

  5. #5
    Gismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    4,515
    Thanked
    4 times



    I'll go back and copy all my posts then. Later tonight.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

    Inter: 13 Scudetti

  6. #6
    Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,868
    Thanked
    2,176 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    South Africa

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerazzurifan_1989
    but its the ITALIAN LEAGUE!!!! Italians should be on every team. Also I disagree with people who are saying italy doesn't have that many great players anymore because I think we have alot of world class players.
    Thats where they play. I have nothing against having italian players in a side if they are good enough. But forcing sides to have players from a certain is just wrong imho.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com


  7. #7
    Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,868
    Thanked
    2,176 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    South Africa

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerazzurifan_1989
    but its the ITALIAN LEAGUE!!!! Italians should be on every team. Also I disagree with people who are saying italy doesn't have that many great players anymore because I think we have alot of world class players.
    Thats where they play. Just cause we happen to play in italy doesn't mean we have to have italians in our side. BTW what constitues italian anyway?? Is it only those who can play for the national side or does it include those like cambiasso and burdisso with italian passports??

    I have nothing against having italian players in a side if they are good enough. But forcing sides to have players from a certain country is just wrong imho.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com


  8. #8
    Fabio's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Apr 04
    Posts
    6,772
    Thanked
    51 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti



    Meaning of racism:

    The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

    How the federations imposing a 3 Italian player minimum is racist is beyond me!

    Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

  9. #9
    Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,868
    Thanked
    2,176 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    South Africa

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    By setting a limit that a certainplayer from 1 certain group must be in the side is diffently racist. Its saying even thought the other 1 might be better he can't be in the side cause the other 1 is from that country so he must be choosen above him hence they are saying he is superior to him.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com


  10. #10
    Fabio's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Apr 04
    Posts
    6,772
    Thanked
    51 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti



    OK so say if we had the 3 Italian players rule this season. Who would be affected? Lets have a look... (this is based on Gazzetta's predicted line ups)

    Atalanta
    27 Calderoni
    16 Rivalta
    24 Sala
    23 Capelli
    26 Motta
    18 Montolivo
    8 Bernardini
    7 Marcolini
    6 Bellini
    21 Lazzari
    20 Makinwa

    10 Italians, 1 foreigner


    Chievo
    1 Marchegiani
    6 Potenza
    29 Mandelli
    72 D'Anna
    23 Lanna
    5 Luciano
    33 Brighi
    8 Baronio
    7 Semioli
    24 Cossato
    31 Pellissier

    9 Italians, 2 foreigners


    Bologna
    1 Pagliuca
    20 Torrisi
    5 Petruzzi
    3 Gamberini
    7 Nervo
    6 Zagorakis
    4 Amoroso
    32 Capuano
    10 Locatelli
    11 Bellucci
    15 Cipriani

    10 Italians, 2 foreigners


    Inter
    1 Toldo
    4 J. Zanetti
    2 Cordoba
    11 Mihajlovic
    16 Favalli
    7 Van der Meyde
    19 Cambiasso
    14 Veron
    18 Kily Gonzalez
    9 Cruz
    30 Martins

    2 Italians, 9 foreigners


    Cagliari
    34 Iezzo
    6 Lopez
    35 Maltagliati
    4 Bega
    31 Agostini
    16 Budel
    19 Brambilla
    8 Gobbi
    7 Esposito
    10 Zola
    23 Langella

    10 Italians, 1 foreigner


    Sampdoria
    21 Antonioli
    77 Zenoni
    14 Castellini
    19 Falcone
    26 Pisano
    23 Diana
    17 Palombo
    4 Volpi
    22 Tonetto
    10 Flachi
    20 Rossini

    11 Italians, 0 foreigners


    Fiorentina
    1 Cejas
    25 Maggio
    21 Ujfalusi
    3 Dainelli
    4 Chiellini
    4 Ariatti
    16 Donadel
    14 Maresca
    15 Jorgensen
    9 Rigan
    20 Pazzini

    8 Italians, 3 foreigners


    Juventus
    1 Buffon
    27 Zebina
    21 Thuram
    28 Cannavaro
    19 Zambrotta
    16 Camoranesi
    8 Emerson
    3 Tacchinardi
    25 Zalayeta
    9 Ibrahimovic
    10 Del Piero

    6 Italians, 5 foreigners

    Lazio
    1 Peruzzi
    22 Oddo
    5 Siviglia
    24 Couto
    8 Zauri
    7 A. Filippini
    16 Giannichedda
    20 Liverani
    14 E. Filippini
    29 Bazzani
    18 Rocchi

    10 Italians, 1 foreigner


    Livorno
    1 Amelia
    79 Melara
    7 Grandoni
    5 A. Lucarelli
    69 Balleri
    14 Grauso
    28 Passoni
    4 Vidigal
    15 Doga
    10 Protti
    23 Colombo

    10/11 Italians, 0/1 foreigners


    Lecce
    1 Sicignano
    77 Cassetti
    26 Paci
    21 Stovini
    3 Rullo
    18 Giacomazzi
    24 Ledesma
    8 Dalla Bona
    20 Valdes
    28 Bjelanovic
    31 Pinardi

    8 Italians, 3 foreigners


    Siena
    1 Manninger
    4 Mignani
    7 Tudor
    90 Portanova
    11 Alberto
    23 D'Aversa
    35 Cozza
    6 Vergassola
    3 Falsini
    10 Chiesa
    32 Maccarone

    8 Italians, 3 foreigners

    Milan
    1 Dida
    2 Cafu
    3 Maldini
    5 Costacurta
    4 Kaladze
    8 Gattuso
    21 Pirlo
    20 Seedorf
    10 Rui Costa
    15 Tomasson
    11 Crespo

    4 Italians, 7 foreigners


    Brescia
    1 Castellazzi
    2 Martinez
    32 Di Biagio
    6 Zoboli
    3 Stankevicius
    24 Berretta
    7 Milanetto
    9 Sculli
    33 Wome
    29 Caracciolo
    40 Mannini

    8 Italians, 3 foreigners


    Palermo
    99 Guardalben
    2 Zaccardo
    6 Terlizzi
    21 Biava
    11 Grosso
    22 Mutarelli
    5 Corini
    4 Morrone
    90 Brienza
    10 Zauli
    9 Toni

    11 Italians, 0 foreigners


    Messina
    1 Storari
    4 Cristante
    2 Rezaei
    6 Aronica
    19 Parisi
    24 Coppola
    27 Zanchi
    17 Giamp
    7 D'Agostino
    10 Iliev
    9 Zampagna

    9 Italians, 2 foreigners


    Reggina
    1 Pavarini
    2 Cannarsa
    29 De Rosa
    14 Franceschini
    20 Mesto
    19 Tedesco
    22 Mozart
    3 Balestri
    10 Nakamura
    18 Colucci
    21 Bonazzoli

    10 Italians, 0 foreigners


    Parma
    17 Frey
    5 Bonera
    3 Cardone
    4 Bovo
    29 Camara
    19 Pisanu
    30 Simplicio
    6 Bolano
    23 Bresciano
    10 Morfeo
    11 Gilardino

    6 Italians, 5 foreigners


    Udinese
    1 De Sanctis
    4 Bertotto
    2 Kroldrup
    19 Felipe
    7 Zenoni
    13 Pinzi
    8 Pizarro
    18 Muntari
    6 Jankulovski
    9 Iaquinta
    17 Di Michele

    6 Italians, 5 foreigners

    Roma
    1 Curci
    19 Scurto
    8 Ferrari
    31 Dellas
    13 Chivu
    30 Mancini
    15 Dacourt
    23 Aquilani
    25 Cufr
    9 Montella
    18 Cassano

    6 Italians, 5 foreigners


    My conclusion?

    If my favoured rule of at least 3 Italian players was imposed,Inter would be the only team to suffer. And if the federations made it a brilliant 5 players rule - once again Inter and Milan would be the only teams to suffer...

    FORZA ITALIA!

    Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

  11. #11
    Pulsar36's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Apr 04
    Posts
    1,998
    Thanked
    6 times
    Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO



    The maker of this thread is the smartest man and the man with the most guts ever.

    I salute you man. I salute you. I salute you. And agree.

    THis crap has gone on long enough.

  12. #12
    Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,868
    Thanked
    2,176 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    South Africa

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsar36
    The maker of this thread is the smartest man and the man with the most guts ever.

    I salute you man. I salute you. I salute you. And agree.

    THis crap has gone on long enough.
    What crap?? Being open and fair to everybody?? Thats not crap. Protecting some little group is crap. And thats what this is.

    And I really couldn't care if it only affects us and milan. This rule is immoral. And I am very please it will never happen. Thank God for the eu.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com


  13. #13
    Ari's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 04
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanked
    1 times



    We'll have Toldo, Favalli, C Zanetti and Bobo in normal day when they're fit. Some times even Matrix.

  14. #14
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,681
    Thanked
    5,708 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    As long as the players win and are passionate for Inter, to hell with nationality!


    Handyo

  15. #15
    Tommi's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Mar 04
    Posts
    2,308
    Thanked
    14 times
    Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

    Finland

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love Inter!
    OK so say if we had the 3 Italian players rule this season. Who would be affected? Lets have a look... (this is based on Gazzetta's predicted line ups)[b]
    Good job with the lineups!

    You all know my thoughts, so i wont bore you with that.

    And to hell to those EU laws. Italia is Italia, Italia is not EU and EU is not Italia. As far as im concerned, Italia can do whatever (well, not whatever - you know what i mean) they want to their sport laws. If its racism to use three italians in one italian team, then im proud to be a racist.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pi grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

    Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

  16. #16
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,681
    Thanked
    5,708 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    So Tommi, if you are an Arsenal fan, would you be unhappy when your team goes on a 49 match unbeaten run because the only English in the team are Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell? Would you rather choose Roma's path of a 2nd place season (03/04) and a crappy season (04/05) but with tons of Italians in your team like Cassano, Totti, Montella, Panucci, De Rossi, Perrotta, Curci, Cerci, Di Martino, Pelizzoli (spelling?), Ferrari, Tomassi?


    Handyo

  17. #17
    Tommi's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Mar 04
    Posts
    2,308
    Thanked
    14 times
    Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

    Finland

    Awful question. I cant imagine myself being an any EPL team fan. I despise EPL so i wont be answering that.

    What would you choose, what would make you happier -> Seeing Inter win a Scudetto with 11 italians or seeing Milan to become second with 11 fogeigners? Its almost the same question as yours...
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pi grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

    Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

  18. #18
    Choppin Onions's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Aug 04
    Posts
    8,940
    Thanked
    5,387 times
    Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

    Canada

    66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    It would be nice too see some home-grown Italian players, but frankly it's not a big issue with me as Inter has always been different than other traditional Italian teams. Their diversity (like it's fans) is why I love them and one of the reasons I started following them in the first place.


  19. #19
    Jimmy
    Guest
    I cant say that I have followed this debate over the days, so if I am arguing something that isnt even on-topic, then just let me know.

    However, I think that any rules containing nationalities should be strictly forbidden. If you create a rule for this, it will no longer be about football, but about human rights. If you reject a player based on their nationality, you will break the human rights rules. This is a very racist rule, and I dont think it will gain Italy much at all. In fact, it would make the country even more facist and this is Berlusconi all over it.

    But from a football point of view- sure it could gain Italian players. Im assuming that everyone agrees on that it wont really gain any teams, as they will be forced to approach transfers and everything in a very different matter.
    I think the pressure on Italian players would even grow, and their confidence be shattered. While he might be honoured at first to represant a team like Inter, it would only be because he was born in the same country and not because hes good enough. Therefore, I think the player would feel a bit weird by representing a team.

    To make rules to strenghten Italy as a country, is pure and simple facism. Even in a simple workingplace, youd be outraged if you were rejected the job only because you were black.

  20. #20
    Gismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    4,515
    Thanked
    4 times



    Amen!

    I have to disagree on some of your points though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
    But from a football point of view- sure it could gain Italian players. Im assuming that everyone agrees on that it wont really gain any teams, as they will be forced to approach transfers and everything in a very different matter.
    Even if this is true it would decrease the balance between big and small clubs. Hell, Lecce would at least have a chance at winning Scudetto and Sampdoria sized clubs have chance to be Scudetto contenders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
    I think the pressure on Italian players would even grow, and their confidence be shattered. While he might be honoured at first to represant a team like Inter, it would only be because he was born in the same country and not because hes good enough. Therefore, I think the player would feel a bit weird by representing a team.
    Could be true. Still any such changes would undeniably make more and better Italian players in favor of Italia.

    I had forgotten to transfer my points on this from the other thread. I pray to God I remember today.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

    Inter: 13 Scudetti

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •