Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Anyone been to Sacramento?

  1. #1
    crzdcolombian's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Aug 07
    Posts
    8,567
    Thanked
    3,202 times
    Fav. Player
    Murillo

    Colombia

    Anyone been to Sacramento?

    I have a job offer to Sacramento but never been there nor know anyone who has. How bad is it

  2. #2
    vasilios's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Nov 09
    Posts
    6,891
    Thanked
    8,933 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Chino

    Costa Rica

    20
    You should PM Michael

  3. Thanks (1): crzdcolombian

  4. #3
    Pharaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    29 Nov 11
    Posts
    6,907
    Thanked
    4,773 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Tuvalu

    10 Forum Supporter
    Ummmm.......its northern California, but its not really the Bay Area. You'll be within 1-2 hours away from SF & the rest of the bay area so its not too bad. I don't know how the city itself is, but i'm sure Michael can help you out there, but from what I know its a decent area to live in.

  5. Thanks (1): crzdcolombian

  6. #4
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    7,111
    Thanked
    9,264 times
    Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

    Netherlands

    94
    Coaster probably has been there before, too
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

    Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

  7. #5
    Visca's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Aug 10
    Posts
    4,034
    Thanked
    1,931 times

    United States

    62 Forum Supporter
    I'm from San Francisco but I've been in the area a bunch of times (my friend used to live there, and I also have family in Elk Grove which is a Sac suburb).

    What do you mean by "bad" though, like in terms of things to do? Because yeah it's a "boring" city (at least compared to SF, but it's less than two hours drive away so not that hard). If you're talking about safety I don't know specifics, but I'm sure there are good and bad neighborhoods just like any other big city. If you're worried about that I'd recommend living in a suburb and commuting.

    Agree Michael would know more though, since my knowledge is based on me just visiting once or twice a year, not as someone who's lived there.

  8. #6
    Coasterfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 10
    Posts
    8,667
    Thanked
    2,184 times
    Fav. Player
    Durian

    Ecuador

    15 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    I have a job offer to Sacramento but never been there nor know anyone who has. How bad is it
    Michael has the best knowledge and experience, but yes I go up there at least 6 times a year because I have extended family that resides there. The summer time is extremely hot because it's inland. Sometimes it might be viewed as a boring town even though it is the capital city of the State. There's a few minor things to do... Basketball Kings games are probably cheap.....

    As Pharoah said... you are within an hour or two of the bay area.

    There are bad and good neighborhoods, but just beware of extreme weather both ways. It burns triple digits Fahrenheit (40 celsius) consistently when it isn't winter/fall.

    The only reason why I don't mind the city is because my baseball team's farm system is up there... I've attended a game once to see the Sacramento Rivercats in Raley field. Otherwise it's a boring city as some comments have said before.. living is fine, I hope the job wages and stuff is worth it if you accept.

    Of course this is all needed to be said about Sacramento in 1 minute


  9. Thanks (1): Handoyo

  10. #7
    Starmo4's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Aug 10
    Posts
    1,815
    Thanked
    2,000 times
    Fav. Player
    R20,R9

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    Sacramentoo hehe i need zillion euros to visit u guys

    Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

  11. #8
    apahllo's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Jun 11
    Posts
    1,459
    Thanked
    212 times
    Fav. Player
    the special one

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    I have a job offer to Sacramento but never been there nor know anyone who has. How bad is it
    personally, im not too hip on sactown but i know people who live there and love it. its like a city without skyscrapers, so you get the good and the bad districts. its close to the sierras too, which are my favorite place in california.

    oh and highway 80 runs through the heart of the city, and that shit is a 6-4 lane parking lot. so that 1-2 hours away from everything can be turned into 3-4 at commute times or any holiday.
    "It is not a conspiracy, it is fact. I speak facts. If not, I need big glasses" - the special one

  12. #9
    crzdcolombian's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Aug 07
    Posts
    8,567
    Thanked
    3,202 times
    Fav. Player
    Murillo

    Colombia

    I am 24 so I mean are there things to do. I live in Boston and there are tons of girls and its safe, walking distance to tons of bars and stuff and a bunch of young girls. I tried moving back to CT and all the attractive women were in high school and that is frowned upon now so I had to move back to where they were all at least in college haha. Yea it's with Oracle which is a good company and I am sure it's hot as shit.

  13. #10
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    7,111
    Thanked
    9,264 times
    Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

    Netherlands

    94
    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    I am 24 so I mean are there things to do. I live in Boston and there are tons of girls and its safe, walking distance to tons of bars and stuff and a bunch of young girls. I tried moving back to CT and all the attractive women were in high school and that is frowned upon now so I had to move back to where they were all at least in college haha. Yea it's with Oracle which is a good company and I am sure it's hot as shit.
    Do you want a job or a girlfriend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

    Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

  14. #11
    crzdcolombian's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Aug 07
    Posts
    8,567
    Thanked
    3,202 times
    Fav. Player
    Murillo

    Colombia

    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Do you want a job or a girlfriend?
    I prefer to live in a box and have a hot girls sleep over than a job but sadly women are shallow and expect you to have nice stuff and give them nice stuff. Na man I went to Nebraska one time for work. I rather be a priest than get a girlfriend there they were very rough

  15. #12
    Visca's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Aug 10
    Posts
    4,034
    Thanked
    1,931 times

    United States

    62 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    I am 24 so I mean are there things to do. I live in Boston and there are tons of girls and its safe, walking distance to tons of bars and stuff and a bunch of young girls. I tried moving back to CT and all the attractive women were in high school and that is frowned upon now so I had to move back to where they were all at least in college haha. Yea it's with Oracle which is a good company and I am sure it's hot as shit.
    Well like I said you aren't going to find a lot of "fun" there (at least IMO). You will probably have to drive to SF for nightlife etc.

  16. #13
    crzdcolombian's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Aug 07
    Posts
    8,567
    Thanked
    3,202 times
    Fav. Player
    Murillo

    Colombia

    crap that means I have to get a girlfriend. Guess can't have the boston frat boy life style forever

  17. #14
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,699
    Thanked
    327 times

    Switzerland

    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    I have a job offer to Sacramento but never been there nor know anyone who has. How bad is it
    Boring...Conservative and in the middle of nowhere...Best thing about it is proximity to SF, Tahoe & Yosemite

  18. #15
    Coasterfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 10
    Posts
    8,667
    Thanked
    2,184 times
    Fav. Player
    Durian

    Ecuador

    15 Forum Supporter
    Being in the middle of all the big places is the one thing that is good. Just see Michael on the side if you take it since you're right there.

  19. #16
    Alex de Large's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Mar 05
    Posts
    11,845
    Thanked
    467 times

    Spain

    It's soooooooo boring, the good thing is 2 hours away from SF which by far the best city in America.

  20. Thanks (1): apahllo

  21. #17
    Coasterfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 10
    Posts
    8,667
    Thanked
    2,184 times
    Fav. Player
    Durian

    Ecuador

    15 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    It's soooooooo boring, the good thing is 2 hours away from SF which by far the best city in America if you're rich.
    Fixed. Care to explain that BS statement? Best city in America my ass. I'm not talking from a sports perspective either.

  22. #18
    Visca's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Aug 10
    Posts
    4,034
    Thanked
    1,931 times

    United States

    62 Forum Supporter
    Uhh. San Francisco IS the best city in the US I wouldn't want to live in any other area that's for sure (Seattle only other city that comes close).

    What city is better then?

  23. Thanks (1): FCBarca

  24. #19
    Alex de Large's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Mar 05
    Posts
    11,845
    Thanked
    467 times

    Spain

    I know it's expensive to live there, but this is because plenty of people want to live there as it's a great city, a nice mix between Europe and U.S.
    I have been in Phoenix, more Arizona cities, Houston, Dallas, Philly, and all California, SF is the best city by far.

  25. Thanks (1): FCBarca

  26. #20
    Pharaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    29 Nov 11
    Posts
    6,907
    Thanked
    4,773 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Tuvalu

    10 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Visca View Post
    Uhh. San Francisco IS the best city in the US I wouldn't want to live in any other area that's for sure (Seattle only other city that comes close).

    What city is better then?
    I'd rather live in Manhatten than San Fran but again both require money and one requires a lot more than the other hhahahaha, but if we are assuming you can sustain the price of living in both places, its NYC hands down for me.

    ---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    Dallas

    Moving there in a month

  27. Thanks (1): crzdcolombian

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •