Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169176177178179
Results 3,561 to 3,569 of 3569

Thread: Esteban "Il Cuchu" Cambiasso

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    Money is the biggest motivator. Not many players have or care about their dreams. If they get a fat check they forget about their dreams or whatever ideals they have. It's true that money is not the only factor but that's overstated. If you have 3 offers and 2 of them are extravagantly more significant you will ignore the 3rd one even if it's the preferred situation, destination or better fit for the player and he will consider only the other two

Just an example. You have a player who has offers from Inter, Arsenal and Chelsea and for some stupid reason none of us make CL. And he's an AM. At Inter, he'll definitely be the starting playmaker, he prefers to move there because of x reasons (likes the city, the coach, the teammates, the history, the fans, the league, whatever) but Inter's offer is let's say 2,5m net. The offers from Chelsea and Arsenal are both over 4m net. He will either ask Inter to increase their offer to at least 3,5m net or he will just say no. Then he will weigh his options between a 4m and a 4,2m offer. That 200k is not enough to sway anyone at this level really, but the 1,5m difference is. Hence, the player would have rejected Inter for the money but he wouldn't reject Arsenal or Chelsea just for the money. He'd consider both for the money but he'd reject the one that's least appealing even if their offer is a bit better than the other's.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    And how does that not make the move solely money motivated?
    Semantics.

When I said "money is never a sole factor", I meant there are things more than money that are taken into "consideration". Factor does not equate to positive motivator. When you are weighing one thing against another, that's already multitude of factors involved.

Money can indeed be the sole positive motivator, but one does not simply exclusively consider positive motivational factor in the equation.

If negative factors outweigh the money offered, then money is already not the only thing taken into consideration already.

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Money is the biggest motivator. Not many players have or care about their dreams. If they get a fat check they forget about their dreams or whatever ideals they have. It's true that money is not the only factor but that's overstated. If you have 3 offers and 2 of them are extravagantly more significant you will ignore the 3rd one even if it's the preferred situation, destination or better fit for the player and he will consider only the other two

Just an example. You have a player who has offers from Inter, Arsenal and Chelsea and for some stupid reason none of us make CL. And he's an AM. At Inter, he'll definitely be the starting playmaker, he prefers to move there because of x reasons (likes the city, the coach, the teammates, the history, the fans, the league, whatever) but Inter's offer is let's say 2,5m net. The offers from Chelsea and Arsenal are both over 4m net. He will either ask Inter to increase their offer to at least 3,5m net or he will just say no. Then he will weigh his options between a 4m and a 4,2m offer. That 200k is not enough to sway anyone at this level really, but the 1,5m difference is. Hence, the player would have rejected Inter for the money but he wouldn't reject Arsenal or Chelsea just for the money. He'd consider both for the money but he'd reject the one that's least appealing even if their offer is a bit better than the other's.
    Somewhat redundant example, it's exactly what I have stated.

Obviously if the discrepancy here is large enough, and the negative motivational factor is comparatively small then one would simply choose the bigger offer.

There are always other contributing factors like club reputation, coach reputation, previous collaboration experience, coupled with the player's objectivity, subjectivity, agent's influence, agent's incentives.

All I am saying is it's a much more complex equation than money.

When we are comparing a poor club like Inter against the top tier then the difference is obvious, especially we have such a notorious reputation with consistency as a club. I wouldn't recommend using Inter as an example to demonstrate the norm, and if anything, Inter probably exists in the area of counter example of anything that makes sense.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    He just joined the Colombian national team as the midfield manager for the WC. Kind of werid to pick up someone this late. Wasn’t he a coach of a Swiss team or something?

Either way Welcome Cuchu!!!

http://m.futbolred.com/seleccion-col...colombia-84407
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

4. Thanks (3): Devious, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

70 Most Improved Member
    that's walter samuel, who worked until april as assistant coach at lugano. he left when the head coach was sacked
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    #3, #4

Malta

2 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    that's walter samuel, who worked until april as assistant coach at lugano. he left when the head coach was sacked
    Get him back on our coaching team!

8. Thanks (4): DARi0, Devious, Dylan, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    The saddest part about this is that a good friend of mine got me an inter jersey for my birthday and since hes friends with the keeper of Lugano (da costa) he wanted to get me samuels autograph on it. Now every thing was settled da costa had my shirt and said it wont be a problem to get it signed. Only thing is that samuel never showed up in training again since the head coach got fired!!

Just my luck i guess.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Pessimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

11. Thanks (5): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, God, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Pessimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    I can show you our future coach...maybe the next,I'm not gonna say it fo anti and jinx purposes...don't know when he will take over tho but he will do good as a coach i feel

http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

Colombia

Can't wait to see cuchu on our bench.

14. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude