View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthus)

    12 6.86%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

    37 21.14%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

    110 62.86%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

    9 5.14%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

    3 1.71%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

    1 0.57%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

    1 0.57%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

    0 0%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

    0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

    2 1.14%
Page 253 of 256 FirstFirst ... 153203243250251252253254255256 LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,060 of 5116

Thread: Samir Handanovic

  1. #5041

    Join Date
    21 Apr 13
    Posts
    937
    Thanked
    1,052 times

    Macedonia

    It was a fantastic save from a Top 3 Serie A Keeper, but it was not a save of the season contender. Doesn't even matter, let's enjoy him while we have him.

    @brehme: I'd recommend you to watch that Julione save from behind Messi. That perspective shows what the guy actually did there.

  2. Thanks (1): William

  3. #5042
    Somebody stop me! Devious's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Oct 06
    Posts
    16,339
    Thanked
    36,466 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Egypt

    10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    His save by the end was inspiring, good to see he had his form in check in a derby, hope he keeps it up, normally he’d stand there watching it go in.

    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    for 11m a year you can call me princess sheila while you dildo me in the ass every night, and i promise you my heart would be in it.

  4. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

  5. #5043
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    23,907
    Thanked
    21,626 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    People really need perspective on goalkeeping because they honestly keep saying what sounds like the thickest shit....

    Here is Handanovic's save:

    You will notice that his arm is fully extended. That's as long as it can get.




    That's though not the furthest Handanovic can reach on his right side. You can always reach further with your opposite arm. But obviously in such short notice and little distance, you do not have almost a full second to change your body's direction and in order to attempt to use the other one, so you pretty much have to go with that kind of move. Ball moving 10 centimeters further to the right of Handanovic and he'd need luck to parry it. 20cm or more to his right and it'd be unsavable.

    Also notice that how important the height of the ball is. A bit lower and it cannot be stopped.





    This is as close as Handa's view as we can get.

    His feet are on the move so that left foot is not planted, but he was hastily trying to plant it so that he could go for the dive. Not an easy task to pull off in split seconds, which is partly why some [reflex] goalkeepers are better than others.

    But what's important to see here is how Handanovic pretty much had to go full horizontal in order to stop that. This is less than half a second after he parries it:



    And when you look at it from the camera, it doesn't seem so tough because it's "close" to him. That's exactly why he could stop it of course and exactly why he cannot even make a move when it's out of his reach or because he couldn't plant his foot in time to make the dive. Because it's out of his reach....


    This isn't a shot you save everyday, that's the point. And it is one of the stops of the season.


    P.S: Kova, the JC save was fantastic, but it also gets exaggerated because people assume that it was going to the corner, but it was actually curving inwards (which is what makes it a greater shot). Had it not make that bend, it would have gone in assuming it was still on target as JC could not have reached that. He was following the move of Messi as you can see, very good positioning and anticipation for the shot there, and his dive was great. But that shot was savable by most great goalkeepers and it is one to teach for goalkeeping fundamentals. That's what I'm saying. But it being a Messi shot in the CL semi makes it more spectacular than it is. It definitely is one of the most important saves ever, but I've seen Toldo have better ones for Inter in Europe (vs Valencia, vs Milan and so on)

    The Chiesa strike should have been a goal on the other hand and Handanovic miraculously stopped that from happening.

    Bonus:


    Ter Stegen jumping for that just looks silly. The ball is like 2 meters above his jump, going for the top corner of his far post. His fall when he doesn't even get close to the ball is ridiculous. There is no reason a goalkeeper should do this.
    Last edited by brehme1989; 18 Jan 21 at 18:46.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

    #ConteOut

  6. Thanks (3): GenDire, Lui, MVD

  7. #5044
    William's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Jun 10
    Posts
    4,574
    Thanked
    2,092 times
    Fav. Player
    Sanchez

    Europe

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    People really need perspective on goalkeeping because they honestly keep saying what sounds like the thickest shit....

    Here is Handanovic's save:

    You will notice that his arm is fully extended. That's as long as it can get.




    That's though not the furthest Handanovic can reach on his right side. You can always reach further with your opposite arm. But obviously in such short notice and little distance, you do not have almost a full second to change your body's direction and in order to attempt to use the other one, so you pretty much have to go with that kind of move. Ball moving 10 centimeters further to the right of Handanovic and he'd need luck to parry it. 20cm or more to his right and it'd be unsavable.

    Also notice that how important the height of the ball is. A bit lower and it cannot be stopped.





    This is as close as Handa's view as we can get.

    His feet are on the move so that left foot is not planted, but he was hastily trying to plant it so that he could go for the dive. Not an easy task to pull off in split seconds, which is partly why some [reflex] goalkeepers are better than others.

    But what's important to see here is how Handanovic pretty much had to go full horizontal in order to stop that. This is less than half a second after he parries it:



    And when you look at it from the camera, it doesn't seem so tough because it's "close" to him. That's exactly why he could stop it of course and exactly why he cannot even make a move when it's out of his reach or because he couldn't plant his foot in time to make the dive. Because it's out of his reach....


    This isn't a shot you save everyday, that's the point. And it is one of the stops of the season.


    P.S: Kova, the JC save was fantastic, but it also gets exaggerated because people assume that it was going to the corner, but it was actually curving inwards (which is what makes it a greater shot). Had it not make that bend, it would have gone in assuming it was still on target as JC could not have reached that. He was following the move of Messi as you can see, very good positioning and anticipation for the shot there, and his dive was great. But that shot was savable by most great goalkeepers and it is one to teach for goalkeeping fundamentals. That's what I'm saying. But it being a Messi shot in the CL semi makes it more spectacular than it is. It definitely is one of the most important saves ever, but I've seen Toldo have better ones for Inter in Europe (vs Valencia, vs Milan and so on)

    The Chiesa strike should have been a goal on the other hand and Handanovic miraculously stopped that from happening.

    Bonus:


    Ter Stegen jumping for that just looks silly. The ball is like 2 meters above his jump, going for the top corner of his far post. His fall when he doesn't even get close to the ball is ridiculous. There is no reason a goalkeeper should do this.
    What I took from this...

    Handa = God

    JC = Made some ‘routine’ saves in the CL semis but is blown of proportion.

    Your post actually reminded me a bit of my father in law. In lockdown hes been bored and/or restless so he gets fixated on things/ points of discussion and needs to break everything down to minute details when it’s not really required.

    It’s a good save but again I’d expect him to make it even with your breakdown.

  8. #5045
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    23,907
    Thanked
    21,626 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    What I took from this...

    Handa = God

    JC = Made some ‘routine’ saves in the CL semis but is blown of proportion.

    Your post actually reminded me a bit of my father in law. In lockdown hes been bored and/or restless so he gets fixated on things/ points of discussion and needs to break everything down to minute details when it’s not really required.

    It’s a good save but again I’d expect him to make it even with your breakdown.
    Thank you for making it obvious that you didn't read what I said.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

    #ConteOut

  9. #5046
    William's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Jun 10
    Posts
    4,574
    Thanked
    2,092 times
    Fav. Player
    Sanchez

    Europe

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Thank you for making it obvious that you didn't read what I said.
    Oh sadly I read it all, it’s just there there’s nothing in your argument that convinces me differently.

  10. #5047
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    23,907
    Thanked
    21,626 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Oh sadly I read it all, it’s just there there’s nothing in your argument that convinces me differently.
    Yet you somehow alluded that I said that JC's save was a 'routine save'....

    You either didn't read the post or failed to understand it. Take your pick.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

    #ConteOut

  11. #5048
    William's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Jun 10
    Posts
    4,574
    Thanked
    2,092 times
    Fav. Player
    Sanchez

    Europe

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Yet you somehow alluded that I said that JC's save was a 'routine save'....

    You either didn't read the post or failed to understand it. Take your pick.
    Clearly, I was being sarcastic/ overly dramatic when i said ‘routine’.

  12. #5049
    Provenzano's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Jun 11
    Posts
    2,890
    Thanked
    6,880 times

    Bulgaria

    5
    Samir Handanovic played his 497th game in Serie A, moving to 15th on the all-time appearance list in the Italian top flight.

  13. Thanks (2): Bergpavian, MVD

  14. #5050
    rfU's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 09
    Posts
    4,029
    Thanked
    2,024 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ4



    10 years of FIF


    Handa....

    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

  15. #5051
    I'mNewHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Jan 17
    Posts
    578
    Thanked
    536 times
    Fav. Player
    Lukaku

    Sweden

    Lowkey worst player last decade.

  16. #5052
    YoramG's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 May 13
    Posts
    4,069
    Thanked
    7,791 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Italy

    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten


  17. #5053
    Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Aug 11
    Posts
    5,162
    Thanked
    9,654 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Switzerland

    12
    Bastoni: "Handa, I got this. For the love of god, go back"
    Handanovic: "I AAAMM BAATTMAAANNN!"

    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.


  18. #5054
    Jnr's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Feb 07
    Posts
    8,344
    Thanked
    5,083 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

    Estonia

    40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Its time to send him back to Udinese. He can be captain there.

  19. Thanks (1): MVD

  20. #5055
    RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jul 18
    Posts
    1,511
    Thanked
    2,437 times

    Italy

    Yeah Handa has no right charging out in that situation. Bastoni isn't blameless as he should have put it out of play but Handa coming out made it confusing for him.

    You really expect better.

  21. Thanks (2): Il Drago, MVD

  22. #5056
    Tamirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Dec 20
    Posts
    906
    Thanked
    744 times

    Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Bastoni: "Handa, I got this. For the love of god, go back"
    Handanovic: "I AAAMM BAATTMAAANNN!"

    For the love of god, why the fuck he came out of the goal in first place???????whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!, its make no fucking sense! bastoni 100% got the fucking ball and he even tell him with his hand leave it to him!

  23. Thanks (1): Il Drago

  24. #5057
    alvaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Apr 05
    Posts
    3,115
    Thanked
    1,307 times
    Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

    Finland

    72 10 years of FIF


    "When you finally see Handanovic move - the only time he should have stayed put"
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini


  25. #5058
    Lui's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 13
    Posts
    4,720
    Thanked
    7,208 times
    Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

    Canada

    Bastoni knows he needs to smash that ball if there is even the slightest bit of hesitation

    Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna... un macello qua"


  26. #5059
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    23,907
    Thanked
    21,626 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    They both fucked up but De Vrij giving the ball into space there was a teririble play.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

    #ConteOut

  27. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, Lui

  28. #5060
    thoriq_r9's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 12
    Posts
    836
    Thanked
    753 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Indonesia

    They all made mistakes, but Handanovic's action is the most unjustifiable IMO.

  29. Thanks (2): Il Drago, thatdude

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •