View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

12 6.86%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

37 21.14%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

110 62.86%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

9 5.14%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

3 1.71%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

1 0.57%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

1 0.57%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

0 0%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

2 1.14%
Page 236 of 237 FirstFirst ... 136186226233234235236237 LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 4723

Thread: Samir Handanovic

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    A good keeper could've anticipated the shot and been prepared for it better. If he couldn't have anticipated, at least should've committed to either going high or low, not being stuck thinking.
    Ermm, no. It wasn't a guarantee that the shot would have passed. In fact, the likelihood that it'd go past the defenders was very low. Why would he react for something that's potentially never coming? That would just have him be down for no reason while the ball just falls back to the Milinkovic or another Lazio player for the tap in.

Also, as I said in the match thread, Brozovic had just bailed him a moment prior so the entire defence was quite shook. Then Milinkovic comes, cool as a cucumber and pulls a dribble on Lukaku and just slides it towards the goal. It was impressive and Padelli had no chance. Handanovic probably could have reacted better but odds are he'd still concede there by getting a hand to it. It was very well struck and only a lucky GK could have stopped it.

The only goal that bares a GK error tonight was Ashley Young's. Strakosha had an awful clearance on Candreva's shot and it should have never landed where it did. Lucky for us it did and we scored, but had Padelli done that, then yes, I'd be onto him.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

2. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, Dylan, MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah that second goal would have been very hard even for Handa, he would have probably conceded. Only world class reaction shot stoppers could have got that with some level of confidence.

4. Thanks (2): Dylan, MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Handa wouldn't have slipped like an idiot and allowed the situation where Lazio were given a penalty

Handa would have most likely saved the penalty

Handa would have anticipated the second goal's shot cause with the striker pose and left foot shot there's only one direction the ball would have gone, to the keeper's right hand corner

Though Vecino takes the most blame for that stupid deflection in the second goal, also needless to mention Padelli's save on Immobile's one-on-one. Still I think with Handa we wouldnt have lost all the points in the last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    for 11m a year you can call me princess sheila while you dildo me in the ass every night, and i promise you my heart would be in it.

6. Thanks (3): ElDuccio, Howl, MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

With Handa we would draw 0-0 against Napoli (Ruiz goal was nothing specialy if you watch it again, he had the time to react) and probably 1-1 against Lazio.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

8. Thanks (1): Nothing

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Any news on his recovery????? Please God let it be soon
    Ziyad Of Boston

10. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    FCIM1908

Bulgaria

Last reports say he should be ready for the match against Sampdoria this week.
    non mollare mai

12. Thanks (1): Howl

Bulgaria

Dear Samir Handanovic,

Kindly return to action as soon as possible - PLEASE!

Yours truly,
    All Inter supporters.

14. Thanks (3): Howl, MVD, William

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    For some reason I trust Padelli to do an equally good job between the sticks.
    As always, my gut feeling was spot on.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    I thought about jumping on the moan wagon for his performance last night but after some more time thinking on the match, as bad as he was, it’s unfair to compare him to Handa. He’s not our main keeper, and for good reason, cause he’s not good enough to be so it’s expected he won’t be as solid as our key keeper.

For our 2 goals, I have no doubt that Handa or his/our former keeper JC would have saved them. Like others said before either they would have made a call or got to the ball first for the first one and got down for the second despite the clutter in the way obscuring their view cause in reality it wasn’t too far away from where he was standing so world class reactions would have stopped that.

So, for me, it makes more sense to compare him to previous bench keepers. If we compare padelli to Toldo’s bench years, Toldo is saving the first like JC and Handa but he’s conceding the 2nd just as easily.

17. Thanks (1): rfU

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Yeah that second goal would have been very hard even for Handa, he would have probably conceded. Only world class reaction shot stoppers could have got that with some level of confidence.
    Isn't that what Handanovic is?

Anyway, despite everything, I sympathise with Padelli. Compare his game time with our last two 2nd choice keepers this past decade:

In 4 years at Inter, Castellazzi played 46 times for us. He played a lot in 10/11 when JC got injured but it evens out to an average of 11-12 games per season. Castellazzi got injured and Carrizo replaced him in January 2013. He ended up playing 27 games across 5 seasons (fuck he was here a long time ) and his game time evened out to 5+ games per season.

Until 2 weeks ago Padelli had played an average of one fucking game per season I do agree that in spite of everything, he's a professional who is paid good money and who receives elite coaching every day. He should've done better, end of story. That said, the poor guy would've benefited from a match here and there to keep him serviceable.

After this recent debacle, his time here is likely under very severe scrutiny and it won't surprise me to see him cut at the end of the season. Even months ago there was noise about bringing Radu back as #2 for next season. Though it wouldn't surprise me to see him stay either as we seem pretty charitable towards our backup GK's lol. Either way though, whoever our 2nd keeper is, we need to give them semi-regular game time to avoid a repeat of this kind of shit.

Forza, Paddle-li. Keep training hard and smiling that devastating white smile with those piercing eyes. No doubt Immobile was put off by a sudden wave of homosexuality.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. Thanks (7): CafeCordoba, dax21, Lui, nyers, rfU, Ronin, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Francesco Toldo

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post

So, for me, it makes more sense to compare him to previous bench keepers. If we compare padelli to Toldo’s bench years, Toldo is saving the first like JC and Handa but he’s conceding the 2nd just as easily.
    toldo is an exception rather than a rule, he was italy's main gk for euro 2000 and our main gk playing at high level until he wasn't able to do so and chose the second role.

int he last 20 years our backup goalies are:
    ferron
    ballotta
    fontana
    toldo
    castelazzi
    carrizo
    padelli

excluding 26.5M euro toldo,
    our second goalie criteria have always been:
    first goalie for small clubs,above 30 years old, lost hope at achieving anything in their careers, acquired cheaply, use inter as retirement home and retirement savings from a higher salary

I doubt it you all will be happy if we spend 7-12M for a second goalie next season
    You Need Skill and Luck To Make a Great Save - Alberto Fontana
    The Strong One Doesn't Win, The One That Wins is Strong - Franz Beckenbauer

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

i think that times changed. Now big teams are always trying to respect every competition and wants to invest something more for the second team. I never saw so many decent second keepers in Serie A like in this years. Milan Begovic (reina before), Napoli Ospina, Juve Buffon (Scezny Neto and Perin before), Atalanta Sportiello, Roma Mirante..
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Why didn't we bring Radu back to be second GK?! Why?!

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post

Marotta's crystal ball ran out of batteries...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

25. Thanks (2): Lui, MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Marotta's crystal ball ran out of batteries...
    Does he even play at Parma? Oh, no, he doesn't... Smart move from the mgmt.
    Better he would be here than waisting time there.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Slovak Republic

So apparently not ready for Sampdoria game. If he will not be ready to Juve, we are screwed.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Does he even play at Parma? Oh, no, he doesn't... Smart move from the mgmt.
    Better he would be here than waisting time there.

Again the Marottas crystal ball was broken....

Also the dude arrived in parma like 3 weeks ago can we show some patience for once before calling our mgm dumb.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by acroMacho View Post
    So apparently not ready for Sampdoria game. If he will not be ready to Juve, we are screwed.
    Any news report you can link? Thanks in advance.

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Slovak Republic

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Any news report you can link? Thanks in advance.

https://sempreinter.com/2020/02/20/h...nst-sampdoria/

Fav. Player
    JZ4

So Radu is 2nd choice in Genoa, 3rd choice in Parma but good enough to be 2nd choice at Inter FIF logic. Guys need to relax. Handa has made worse mistakes than Padelli.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.