View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

12 6.86%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

37 21.14%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

110 62.86%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

9 5.14%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

3 1.71%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

1 0.57%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

1 0.57%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

0 0%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

2 1.14%
Page 2 of 229 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Samir Handanovic

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF
    Welcome Samir!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Vanuatu

Whatever happened to the "Quaresma, Mancini and Gresko combined" option in the poll? It was far more emphatic than this new one.

Canada

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    I am sorry, Samir. But I don't like you. Not your fault but i prefer JC.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Scotland

44 Forum Supporter
    I wouldnt be surprised if some of them bonuses mean he ends up getting paid as much as Cesar

Goalkeeper Samir Handanovic will reportedly have a penalty bonus clause inserted into his Inter contract.

The custodian is a penalty saving expert and will reportedly be rewarded financially for his spot-kick exploits after leaving Udinese for the Nerazzurri.

The Slovenian is on a basic salary of €2m a campaign, but that will rise if a number of bonus clauses are activated.

Handanovic will not only be compensated for spot-kick saves, but also the amount of appearances that he makes and the number of clean sheets he keeps.
    http://www.football-italia.net/20878...use-handanovic

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    he's not going to get 2.5 million a season in bonuses...

appearance fees typically are up to, like, 5-10k a match (for a full 90 min appearance, dropping by 25% for a sub, and dropping another 25% for being on the bench). Probably looking at up to 1.5x the same again for a clean sheet, and probably about that again for a penalty save...

So you're talking probably 40k a week at the most he can earn in add ons...

and also, tbh, this isnt even remotely unusual. we gave zarate an assists bonus last season (10 assists would be like 150k bonus iirc?), rooney had something like a 7k match appearance at everton bonus...

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

tbh, the basic idea is something i agree with.

footballers shouldnt earn very much for doing nothing. if they turn up to training every day of the week, that should be max like 100k a year... image rights of course will always be separate to that, so a top footballer even if he doesnt play (injury or whatever) could still make a few million a year. the rest should be bonuses based on that. like 50k for man of the match, 20k for a goal, bla bla bla

as an example, milito would have earned 600k for goals in the treble year, probably like another 750k for man of the matches, and then you'd also give bonuses for team wins, performance in competitions (e.g. winning the CL probably give another million bonus, 750k for the Serie A, 250k for Coppa Italia...)

for the treble season, lets say on a base salary of 100k, that's already 3.5million, before you argue about bonuses for assists, winning games, and other shit.

if you gave everyone a bonus of like 30k for winning a game, then that would have been like another 35-40*30k in the treble year? so another 1.2 million...

call it 5 million all round, thats more than he made just on his regular wages. Probably less if you add in the CL money, but I never claimed this was already set up well

oh, and i fucking guarantee people like maicon or sneijder would never have had their motivation levels drop under this system

7. Thanks (1): Scottish_one

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Scotland

44 Forum Supporter
    Fair enough but i'd still like to see the values

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    you'd also NEVER see some cunt like Muntari or Mancini sat on the bench again just waiting their contracts out... for 100k a year I can guarantee you they'd fucking change club so quick you wouldnt even have time to start a rumour thread about it

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

I dont know about Italy, but the taxation system is typically very different for bonuses than salary.

In the UK, it's a 20% bonus tax (i believe) - so if all our players were paid in the forms of bonuses, rather than salary...

lets say 100million a year on their wages (to the players), that means we pay 100/0.8 = 125million a year total (25mil to tax). That's instead of 200 million a year, where 50% goes to tax.

If we changed to this scheme we wouldnt even have to get rid of any of our fucking players, you could sign anyone you wanted.... that 80 million difference there is roughly what we lost last year...

10. Thanks (2): Bzzlightyear, Scottish_one

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wall View Post
    But that Pozzo guy just hates us and conducting business with him is impossible.
    Yes, we paid what we value close to 17mill for a goal keeper. Plus the GK wanted to join us. Plus the guy took a paycut. A lot of things worked in our favor in this deal.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Samuel, Zanetti

Croatia

And you keep insisting on living in the dreamland.

What does Handović wanting us and taking a paycut has to do with that ridiculous imaginary idea Pozzo hates us and doesn't want to deal with us? We got a fantastic deal for their no.1 keeper which is probably the toughest position to replace. FACT.

We were interested in Sanchez and Isla, but Juventus and Barcelona made much better offers. FACT.

There is zero factual evidence to support your opinion. Zero.

13. Thanks (1): crzdcolombian

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Handanovic took a pay cut? Not so sure about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Handanovic definitely didn't took a paycut. He wasn't making 2m€ per year at Udinese. Doubt even Di Natale is making that much there.

Netherlands

Di Natale makes 1.2 million per year

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    Yes, we paid what we value close to 17mill for a goal keeper. Plus the GK wanted to join us. Plus the guy took a paycut. A lot of things worked in our favor in this deal.
    Did your wife or mother wrote that? Usually you have very good posts but this one aren't yours, I hope.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Handanovic definitely didn't took a paycut. He wasn't making 2m€ per year at Udinese. Doubt even Di Natale is making that much there.
    The paycut is not related to his previous salary with udine but to his first contract negotiations. I remember reading MM or smn else saying that he took a 250k paycut.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by junior55 View Post
    The paycut is not related to his previous salary with udine but to his first contract negotiations. I remember reading MM or smn else saying that he took a 250k paycut.
    Okay. Now that you said that remembered it myself too.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter

What does Handović wanting us and taking a paycut has to do with that ridiculous imaginary idea Pozzo hates us and doesn't want to deal with us? We got a fantastic deal for their no.1 keeper which is probably the toughest position to replace. FACT.

We were interested in Sanchez and Isla, but Juventus and Barcelona made much better offers. FACT.

I dont think 17mil is a fantastic deal. I think he is overpriced. Plus we dont really need a new GK. Plus they got Faraoni that they wanted. Pozzo isnt easy to deal with, he is a money whore, and we dont have enough of it to satisfy him. I mean co-ownership of Isla, Asamoah. The Sanchez deal etc, its easy to see, but you say I live in a dreamland, so I will accept your opinion and not try to become some egoistical maniac.

The kind of scouting Udine have, they can easily find good young players to replace Handanovic. Yes I agree its not the same for a GK compared to outfiled players.

20million for Asamoah and Isla, if we even bid that much, we would never get them to agree. He would simply make Jube raise the price or terms or conditions.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter

I dont think 17mil is a fantastic deal. I think he is overpriced. Plus we dont really need a new GK. Plus they got Faraoni that they wanted. Pozzo isnt easy to deal with, he is a money whore, and we dont have enough of it to satisfy him. I mean co-ownership of Isla, Asamoah. The Sanchez deal etc, its easy to see, but you say I live in a dreamland, so I will accept your opinion and not try to become some egoistical maniac.

The kind of scouting Udine have, they can easily find good young players to replace Handanovic. Yes I agree its not the same for a GK compared to outfiled players.

20million for Asamoah and Isla, if we even bid that much, we would never get them to agree. He would simply make Jube raise the price or terms or conditions.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo&Vieri

Croatia

he should join training camp today, right?
    “ Essere nerazzurri è come guidare una moto: adrenalina e voglia di vincere tutto. ” - Il dottore

Armenia

Quote Originally Posted by junkie View Post
    he should join training camp today, right?
    Yes