View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

12 6.86%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

37 21.14%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

110 62.86%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

9 5.14%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

3 1.71%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

1 0.57%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

1 0.57%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

0 0%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

2 1.14%
Page 4 of 237 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Samir Handanovic

Saudi Arabia

Best Forum Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by rsz85 View Post
    So how much did we pay for him or 50 % of him?
    Best guess is 11m + half of Faraoni for all of Handanovic.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wall View Post
    I don't know how did you come up with the 17mil number but there is no way in hell that Faraoni is worth 12mil. And even if he was, paying 17 mil for a world class GK is a great deal. Try to name 10 better GKs than Handanović. Go.
    Ahh, the loosest possible definition of world class... Where you dont even have to be known across the footballing world to be world class.

Buffon, Casillas, Reina, Valdes, Neuer, Chourtois (or however you spell his name), Cech, De Gea, Joe Hart

There's nine.... im probably missing a couple of obvious people too

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    Ahh, the loosest possible definition of world class... Where you dont even have to be known across the footballing world to be world class.

Buffon, Casillas, Reina, Valdes, Neuer, Chourtois (or however you spell his name), Cech, De Gea, Joe Hart

Buffon, Casillas, Neuer

Joe Hart, HANDANOVIĆ, Chech

Reina, Chourtois (or however you spell his name),
    De Gea
    Valdes
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

4. Thanks (3): ciamac, DIN011, junkie

Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member 10 years of FIF
    Reina, Valdes and De Gear better than Handanović??? AT WHAT?
    I'm streets ahead.

6. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo&Vieri

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    Buffon, Casillas, Neuer

Joe Hart, HANDANOVIĆ, Chech

Reina, Chourtois (or however you spell his name),
    De Gea
    .'
    Valdes
    why is valdes so high up ?
    “ Essere nerazzurri è come guidare una moto: adrenalina e voglia di vincere tutto. ” - Il dottore

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    So anyone flaming Inter for buying half of him for some money and full ownership of Faraoni?

Or just hiding behind ego's again.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    So anyone flaming Inter for buying half of him for some money and full ownership of Faraoni?
    I flame Inter for that. That's the biggest shit I read in this transfer period so far. Even bigger than Chivu shit.

Poland

Faraoni will never make it big

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Biscione View Post
    Faraoni will never make it big
    Based on what?

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I kinda agree. Seen nothing special in Faraoni, will become a decent squad bit-part player and nothing more.

As for the GK debate above
    - Neuer isn't at Casillas or Buffon level
    - Cech has been just average for a long while now
    - Valdes
    - De Gea as world class
    IO SONO INTERISTA

14. Thanks (1): n4l

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    I kinda agree. Seen nothing special in Faraoni, will become a decent squad bit-part player and nothing more.
    Becoming a decent squad player or something, and that is not difficult to achieve but however Faraoni has showed few great performances with us, despite being played in a tough situation with huge pressure and all.

He's not a kind of player who impresses with his dribblings, passing or shit, but he's definitely a quite promising player. For example compared to other youngsters, he was a level above others in term of spirit, he was also confident and all, which is a huge factor on his career.

Though players with confidence have easier to settle. Faraoni despite at young age, was one of them.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    Becoming a decent squad player or something, and that is not difficult to achieve but however Faraoni has showed few great performances with us, despite being played in a tough situation with huge pressure and all.

He's not a kind of player who impresses with his dribblings, passing or shit, but he's definitely a quite promising player. For example compared to other youngsters, he was a level above others in term of spirit, he was also confident and all, which is a huge factor on his career.

Though players with confidence have easier to settle. Faraoni despite at young age, was one of them.
    Eh.. Out of the notable youngsters, both those who have played in the first team, and those who have not, (Obi, Faraoni, Castaignos, Longo, Bessa, Crisetig, M'Baye, Duncan, Di Gennaro, Livaja, Coutinho etc etc.) I have the lowest expectations of Faraoni. I remember in the pre-season of last season, he was quite impressive with his crosses from the right flank which were constantly great and highly accurate. Then when playing for the first team,, nothing.. He did play well on the rare occasion and showed energy, but energy alone is not enough.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saudi Arabia

Best Forum Newcomer
    The only reason people are saying we sold all of Faraoni is the Udinese sight said "permanent transfer"

Yet people say we bought half of Handanovic even though inter's site also says "permanent transfer".

Albania

10 years of FIF
    I wouldn't say just 'nothing' because he has definitely produced some quite good performances, if not great ones. I think he made his debut with the first team in the game against Milan in the Supercoppa and he was very well although not many of us were pleased to see him comming in, but he still performed very well.

Then during season when he got playing time, like I said he was pretty good but I can't remember the games though

Faraoni will settle well in Udinese, I'm sure about this. The kid doesn't seem to have issues with confidence so that will help a lot. And Udinese is a team with lower expectations than Inter, and pressure is not huge, so he could make it.

United States

Hope we didn't let go of him fully. Sometimes these players just aren't good enough and then the switch flips. Not everybody is a phenomenon at 20, especially not defenders. Italian players have also been known to develop a bit slower.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

Everyone here makes it sound like every team should have 11 stars and nothing else.

You know those solid, reliable, unspectacular players most teams have?...

Faraoni has done well. He needs to develop a lot, in terms of influencing the game, imposing himself, etc, but he's never had any real fuck ups. He looks like a good general purpose defensive midfielder/right wingback. One or two years of good development at Udinese and I would be delighted to take him back.

Everyone got spoiled after Santon. You expectj ust because one guy marked Ronaldo out of the game once, thats how all youth players should introduce themselves..

Netherlands

Courtois and De Gea? Really? Valdes?

THat list is hilarious. You're missing a couple of obvious people alright...

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

I think the point of my post has completely gone over your head....
    I hear this album was made for you:

The point is you cant be world class if you arent even top 5 in your position....

This is how I define world class:

It is not about who the 'dream' XI is. Its about the players who could reasonably compete to be in that dream XI. That way, world class isnt a designation for 11 players at a time, but rather, a separation by ability.

Do you really think Handanovic competes on the same level as Casillas, Buffon, etc?

You answer me that

Netherlands

I think the point of my post has completely gone over your head....
    I hear this album was made for you:

The point is you cant be world class if you arent even top 5 in your position....

This is how I define world class:

It is not about who the 'dream' XI is. Its about the players who could reasonably compete to be in that dream XI. That way, world class isnt a designation for 11 players at a time, but rather, a separation by ability.

Do you really think Handanovic competes on the same level as Casillas, Buffon, etc?

You answer me that
    You were asked to name 10 GKs better than Handanovic, and you offered up a ridiculous, and actually hilarious list. I never said Handanovic is better than Casillas or Buffon, I'm simply saying you have no idea how to evaluate GKs if that is truly your top 10 list. Fact is you were asked to point out a top 10 list, and I thought I'd take the time to laugh at your stupidity.

There are no world class GKs outside of Neuer, Buffon, and Casillas at current times. Is Handanovic in the tier below them? Yes.

24. Thanks (1): Earth