Thread: Topic locked

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Topic locked

Can I just make a suggestion? Why don't you delete the locked topics after a short while?

I mean the sort of topics like "Vieri for Figo", there are so many like that in the Transfers and Rumours forum. Many of them are locked, with Han pointing out that those matters should be discussed in the transfers rumours thread.

So why lock it? Let's get rid of it! I think the forum would look tidier and it would make life easier for people like me with slow dial up connections.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Great idea Frisko, they just take up space and delay the time. So just delete it and let it disappear forever.

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I agree with you guys!
    Somehow I believe this thread will also follow the same destiny as the rest of them
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Jimmy
    To delete topics could be very energy-wasting. We delete a topic, and immidately a guy asks what happened to his topic and start going on about freedom of speach, dictatorship and anything else.

Though, of course we can delete closed topics when they have been closed for a few days and the poster has seen what mistake he did. Then again, who the hell has the energy to spend some time deleting a bunch of closed topics?

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

For example, there was a guy who opened a topic about Veron's goal against Fiorentina. Needless to say, that was needless. So, it should be deleted, as well as alot of topics that are regularly posted in the rumors section when they fit into any thread.

I don't think that has anything to do with freedom of speech. I don't know how energy wasting that is, but I'm illitrate in web design but I think deleting it is as simple as pressing an icon.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    If I'm not wrong, I raised this issue before in the old forums and it was rejected. The reason is because when you delete a topic, your posts are decreased. I think it'll look kinda messy if your posts just decrease like that. Also, it will, after a few months, get shoved to the next page of the forum and be practically invisible.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Not to be persistent , but only 1 or 2 people respond to that topic anyway. And most of those who open these topics are one or two time users of the forum.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    We'll discuss this matter, rest assured.

Handyo

Jimmy
    I think one great suggestion would be if you two would shorten your signatures. I hate scrolling, and excessively long signatures, and both of yours are really long.

So why lock it? Let's get rid of it!

We also need to have fun in life and some of us needs life a little slower in quarterback situations than others.

I might as well confess to the secrets. If we destroy our identity as Inter fans in life we suck life too much in the ass with smoking barels and guns in a waaay too texan way

Makes no sense to destroy the freedom of life in this forum to me. Thats all

Happyness in life no thank you? Kill yourself

FUCK NO!

Im sorry but if I get restrictions on how to behave in my playstation Shucmacher level here Ill start throwing with mental must pits instead of lovebombing your shelter

I dunno dude, I had to say something bizarre for you to understand the life penalty in destroying this relaxed state of mind on FI.

Do something with the frustation of it in a good way, dj flex!
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Gismo, I'm really starting to get concenred over your state. Go back to your old self, and forget about the internal squabble. Is it the derby-phase or a more permanent state?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    I think one great suggestion would be if you two would shorten your signatures. I hate scrolling, and excessively long signatures, and both of yours are really long.
    That's another subject, we are just talking about the useless threads. About my sig, I'll get rid of it as soon as the derby is done, I still think it's artisitque.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Learn from Frisko, I use the maximum lenght for the signature but no returns, it doesn't take that much space and all sentences are identifiable by a colour;
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Good idea Frisko, but I'm excercising my right as a poster on FI.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Gismo, I'm really starting to get concenred over your state. Go back to your old self, and forget about the internal squabble. Is it the derby-phase or a more permanent state?
    As a rule number one: When I get in my morning pregnancy mood over a derby I say fucked up things from start to finish line.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    If you don't delete these useless threads, and only lock them instead, won't they take up a lot of space in the long run? Won't this cause the bandwidth problem again? If it won't, then I have nothing to say. But if it will, then I suggest deleting locked threads after a while. I don't think most of us would mind dropping a couple of posts. It's not like we're here just to see who can post more.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    As a rule number one: When I get in my morning pregnancy mood over a derby I say fucked up things from start to finish line.
    Hmm.. you recently said you feel like a rich woman. Now you say you have morning sickness syndromes... Did you get a hormone crossover as of late? That could explain it!

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

I noticed the new "Closed Topics" forum, great stuff!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Me too, brilliant.

I hated the way the Transfer thread looked today, it was messy.