Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Huang & QSL Sports Limited. Saviour or disaster?

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Kenny Huang & QSL Sports Limited. Saviour or disaster?

As I'm sure everyone knows, QSL Sports Limited has recently acquired a 15% stake in Inter, which valued us at $500 million. This means that Moratti (or perhaps Pellegrini) recieved $75 million for his sale.

Whether this money goes into the club or back to the shareholder, is not yet known.

However.. This isn't the immediate obvious saviour that everyone expects it to be.

A few things concern me:

1 - We do not know what the finance arrangement for the stadium is.
    There is no official announcement on the CRCC website about any deal, which they would be under legal obligation to report if it involved some serious cash flow. Most likely, they are just the construction contractors. Any notion that they are paying for our stadium is ludicrous - the company made about $500 million USD profit last financial year, and the specific subsidiary who is carrying out the construction made something like 130 million euros from what I could find. The subsidiary is a smaller company by market cap than Saras - CRCC is only about 8x bigger than Saras overall.
    It is also ABSOLUTELY NOT the investment arm of the Chinese government. CIC is. This is a strict construction company. Nothing else.

2 - The involvement of Kenny Huang
    Kenny Huang's company, QSL Sports Limited, was previously backed by some substantial wealth from co-owner billionaire Adrian Cheng. This is no longer the case. They parted ways years ago. Kenny Huang himself is a nobody - he has no political influence in Hong Kong or China. He's not worked at a Hong Kong based company in at least the last 20 years (see: http://webb-site.com/ ). Let's get this clear right now - this man is nothing but a wheeler dealer. He tried to do the same thing at Liverpool - where he lied about his wealth, refused to sign standard confidentiality agreements, and lied under oath in court.

The man is bad news. He has no real financial assets, and it looks like what has occurred here is that he has arranged an investment group - using the China Rail name but not necessarily linked - to invest in Inter. He is a Delboy wheeler dealer. He is NOT a saviour.

3 - The lack of announcements on HKEX
    As stated, if there were some big deals moving in, CRCC is a publicly listed company in Hong Kong, it would have to be announced. This QSL Sports Limited company is basically a BS thing. The only hits you'll find on Google for it are Kenny Huang's wikipedia page & liverpool fans talking about it. I cant even find an official website. If you try to connect to qsl.cn it just times out (for me, at least).

This is their former International Operations Manager (apparently)
    http://hk.linkedin.com/pub/wendy-yim/4a/760/35

Now a student, lol

Honestly? Right now? I think we've been scammed. I think someone on the board (not sure who yet, if the shares come from Moratti or someone else) has been scammed or is cashing out. We'll have to see what the finance arrangement is for the stadium, but lets be clear now, it is NOT a free stadium. Our new owners might be the ones investing into it, but CRCC are NOT building it for free.

Kenny Huang is nothing but trouble, has a TERRIBLE track record (Having tried numerous times to take over other sports clubs and being turned away most times as he didn't have the funds/etc), and he talks a lot of bullshit.

This seemed like good news last night. Now I'm quite worried. Remember Birmingham City? That was a similar thing. New Chinese owners promising lots of money. Look what happened there. The emphasis in Chinese politics is investment into CHINESE football. Look at, for example, Anelka, Drogba, etc. The political favour that comes with such a thing is far more important than any reputation boost by owning a foreign club.

This is a worrying deal for us.

At the end of the day..

This man has tried to buy stakes in clubs before. Cleveland Cavaliers, Liverpool, amongst them. He's been rejected by these clubs every time.

The only deals, as far as I can see, he's successfully pulled off, are introducing clubs to new sponsors as a middleman. And even then that was only like 3 times in the last decade.
    Last edited by .h.; 02 Aug 12 at 11:08.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yes, that Kenny Huang doesn't get my cock exactly up.

Hopefully no scam will occur.

3. Thanks (1): Fitzy

Old name
    browha

Europe

Check your inbox, Cafe

Fav. Player
    Eto'o, Sneijder

China

Hm, was the deal fully completed already? If not, that might explain the lack of publication on HKEX or CRCC's official website. According to Michael's latest post: 'The Chinese will be in Milan in a few days in view of defining the deal'. The decisive meeting has already taken place, apparently, but perhaps they are still working out some details prior to publication?

Kenneth Huang definitely sounds like bad news.. and it was confirmed that he will be on our board of directors in October. This article (http://www.sportingintelligence.com/...-huang-240802/) lists a whole bunch of his claims and then proof that reveals those claims as lies. He's also lied alot about his education, apparently.

Old name
    browha

Europe

i wpuld assune we wouldnt annouce it until finalized. anyway of anything goes onto the hkex i will get the full story.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    "To ensure that the new investors are fairly represented in the Company governance, Ms Kamchi Li, Mr Kenneth Huang and Mr Fabrizio Rindi will become members of the board of directors starting from next October."

And now he's going to be a member of our fucken board?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old name
    browha

Europe

Indeed.

Fav. Player
    Diego Forlan

United States

new stadium by 2017? we shall see.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19090179

Fav. Player
    El Fenómeno

Austria

could someone eleborate?
    ain't there a huge difference between crcc and qsl ?
    plus shouldn't it be 20% not 15?

furthermore chinese companies always mean some kind of risk to me in such cases
    but on the other hand - with china becoming the new #1 (imo) looking to replace the usa in long terms politically, economocally and probably more than that - ain't this also a big chance for inter?

just asking...

Old name
    browha

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Milk! View Post
    could someone eleborate?
    ain't there a huge difference between crcc and qsl ?
    plus shouldn't it be 20% not 15?

furthermore chinese companies always mean some kind of risk to me in such cases
    but on the other hand - with china becoming the new #1 (imo) looking to replace the usa in long terms politically, economocally and probably more than that - ain't this also a big chance for inter?

just asking...

the information available is that it is 15%.

QSL is just what Kenneth Huang runs. It has nothing to do with the Chinese government, CRCC, etc.

The 15% ownership goes to a group, of which includes this CRCC subsidiary cr15g, and QSL.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saint Kitts Nevis Anguilla

Old name
    browha

Europe

Since there is some confusion.. to add on:

Lets make this absolutely clear for everyone, right now:

Not one but TWO deals have been signed yesterday.
    The first deal

CRCC are officially our stadium contractors now. This is like asking someone to build you a house. We will work with them to find a suitable site, and then they will manage the project. The estimated cost for this is 250 million euros.

The SECOND deal

A 15% stake in Internazionale Milano F.C. has been sold to a group of Chinese investors. This group of investors includes QSL Sports Holding Limited & CR15g - a subsidiary of CRCC. The deal valued Inter at 500 million $ = a 75 million $ sale. This group has the option to purchase up to 40% of the club if they so wish. They get 3 seats on the board for this action. The money from this sale can NOT be reinvested in the club (under FFP laws!), but will most likely be used as a down payment on the stadium (or similar).

This second deal is the one that concerns me, and the one I wrote my article about. It is fronted by Kenny Huang - a known liar who has lied under oath in court. He attempted to buy several other sports franchises in the past, but was always turned down. His attempt to buy Liverpool in Sept/Oct 2010 was turned down because he could not prove he had the funds to buy the club.

Estonia

10 years of FIF
    What I'd like to think is that the advisors for Moratti and co are probably also well aware of those people's past. As dumb as our management is at times, I doubt they would be completely ignorant as to not study the background of the people they are making massive financial deals with.
    Check my Downfall parody of Inter transfer summer 2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGoSfx-3x8Q

My review of current Inter: http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...703#post862703

My new website: http://footballsnewtalent.wordpress.com/

16. Thanks (3): Handoyo, Pimpin, thatdude

Old name
    browha

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Tanel View Post
    What I'd like to think is that the advisors for Moratti and co are probably also well aware of those people's past. As dumb as our management is at times, I doubt they would be completely ignorant as to not study the background of the people they are making massive financial deals with.
    And yet apparently a known & outed fraudster, who has lied about his career, his finances, his education is on our board now.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    How could he scam us exactly? He doesn't own a majority share and surely will not have that much influence over the rest of the board. What harm could he do other than dragging down our name if he does something untoward?
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

19. Thanks (2): Caecuban, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    JZ

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    How could he scam us exactly? He doesn't own a majority share and surely will not have that much influence over the rest of the board. What harm could he do other than dragging down our name if he does something untoward?
    The same question I have. The investors wouldn't pump 75 millions (estimated) for no reason.

Could the point of acquiring a stake be funding Inter so they could pay CRCC to build their stadium? Building a stadium for a club like Inter in Europe would be a big advertisement.
    Io non rubo il campionato, ed in Serie B sono mai stato.

Read my blog about wine (in Portuguese)

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Yeah I am wondering the same thing..

our Management cant be that dumb..

or can they
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Am I the only one that finds this hilarious?

23. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    Am I the only one that finds this hilarious?
    If your read it as Kenny 'Wang', then no.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

“I don’t think the formation model counts, it’s all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

25. Thanks (1): Fitzy