Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple Sues Samsung

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti 4

Armenia

Apple Sues Samsung

Apple has sued Samsung to block sales of the company’s highly anticipated Galaxy S III smartphone in the United States.

The Cupertino tech giant is looking to receive an injunction on the grounds that the Galaxy S III (pictured above) infringes on at least two Apple patents.

According the complaint, which was filed in a California court earlier this week and posted online by patent law blogger Florian Muller, the Galaxy S III clearly infringes on data-tapping and unified search technologies owned by Apple.

Apple’s complaint claims “it is clear that infringement can be shown with respect to these patents based on the current record.”

Samsung, unsurprisingly, is having none of that.

“Samsung believes Apple’s request is without merit,” a Samsung spokesperson told the Los Angeles Times in a statement. “We will vigorously oppose the request and demonstrate to the court that the Galaxy S III is innovative and distinctive.”

Apple’s move to block sales of the Galaxy S III in the United States is just latest in a long line of patent disputes between the two companies. Last month, Apple filed a motion against Samsung over its Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. The two hardware manufacturers have had several other beefs as well.

Samsung unveiled the Galaxy S III at the beginning of May during an event in London. Perhaps the most anticipated Android handset this year, it’s the third generation of Samsung’s popular line of Galaxy smarthphones.

The S III runs on Android’s latest Ice Cream Sandwich operating system and features a 4.8-inch touch screen, 8-megapixel rear-facing camera and 1.9 megapixel front-facing camera.

Apple’s Galaxy S III complaint cites press reports saying Samsung has already sold more than nine million preorders of the device — meaning it could cause “irreparable harm” to Apple.

Do you think Apple has any ground to stand on here, or is this a frivolous complaint? Weigh in below.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO

18 Scudetto, 7 Coppa Italia, 5 Italian Super Cup, 3 UEFA Cup, 3 Champions League, 2 Intercontinental Cup, 1 Club World Cup, 1 NextGen Series

2. Thanks (1): Bzzlightyear

Armenia

i dont think so they have the right to sue, they cant say, as well the world isnt only USA, so even i they win this ( it would be lame) THEY cant do anything in europe,

Fav. Player
    L'Inter mercato

Monaco

The verdict has already been delivered btw.
    #InterMentality

Fav. Player
    Zidane,9,37

Hong Kong

who gives a shit. always about $

Poland

take others ideas
    patent them
    ???
    profit

Galaxy is better

7. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saint Kitts Nevis Anguilla

i m using iphone, but damn, that Samsung Galaxy S is super duper good . Korea rules now. i even bought KIA for my car lol.

Fav. Player

Malaysia

Lol

The kia and Hyundai are getting better and better (design)...
    Like it
    UNIQUE AND UNBEATABLE
    José Mourinho

To me Zanetti represents the joy of living, the joy of making football your job every morning. He is the smile, the life force, the passion for training, the good cheer for everyone who works with him. To me Javier Zanetti is all of these things, and he is a man that I'm happy to say will be a friend forever.
    After all of that, and a long way behind, comes the footballer. But having been his coach for only two years of his incredible career, it's not my place to talk about a man who has written his own story - and what a marvellous story it is. All I will say is thank you for everything, thank you for giving me a small space in your story. What I will cherish most is that hug in the middle of the Santiago Bernabeu: it won't be the last but it was certainly the most intense of our two years together.
    Perhaps one day somebody might beat Zanetti's record, but there will only ever be one Zanetti.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saint Kitts Nevis Anguilla

Quote Originally Posted by Kraits View Post
    Lol

Like it
    betul betul betul..

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Meh, some of apple's claims made sense but most didnt. Anyways, the Android phone and apps are in general less costlier and are not run by a fucking tyrant who hates flash. I mean when I pay for a phone, I want to use the max out of it and not be stopped just because some corporate honcho coudnt agree in a meeting with someone.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

12. Thanks (1): Stefan

Fav. Player
    MM

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Fuck Apple.

Forza Samsung.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Colombia

iPhone is for gays.

inb4calragesbecausehehasaniphone
    Sudaca Power.

15. Thanks (3): b4h4mooth, Coasterfreek, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    I love my iPhone only because its so consistent not because its superior in any way.

And these claims never get to trial its just Apple blowing out hot air and crying lol.

Fav. Player

Malaysia

Iphone superior in the brand only
    UNIQUE AND UNBEATABLE
    José Mourinho

To me Zanetti represents the joy of living, the joy of making football your job every morning. He is the smile, the life force, the passion for training, the good cheer for everyone who works with him. To me Javier Zanetti is all of these things, and he is a man that I'm happy to say will be a friend forever.
    After all of that, and a long way behind, comes the footballer. But having been his coach for only two years of his incredible career, it's not my place to talk about a man who has written his own story - and what a marvellous story it is. All I will say is thank you for everything, thank you for giving me a small space in your story. What I will cherish most is that hug in the middle of the Santiago Bernabeu: it won't be the last but it was certainly the most intense of our two years together.
    Perhaps one day somebody might beat Zanetti's record, but there will only ever be one Zanetti.

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    Screw apple. I may be only 20 miles from where the company started.... but I hate Apple.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kraits View Post
    Lol

Like it
    It is true. So says Ashley Schaeffer of Ashley Schaeffer KIA:

Io non rubo il campionato ed in serie B non son mai stato.

Fav. Player
    MM

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    FUCK APPLE

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    FUCK APPLE

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    Why would you own an iPod Touch when you're saying "fuck Apple"?

22. Thanks (1): FORZAINTERMILAN

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti 4

Armenia

The best thing that Apple has is their computers! fuck windows!
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO

18 Scudetto, 7 Coppa Italia, 5 Italian Super Cup, 3 UEFA Cup, 3 Champions League, 2 Intercontinental Cup, 1 Club World Cup, 1 NextGen Series

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

theyre all shit, overpriced as fuck. and idiots line up to spend their $ anyhow, just so they can fit in with their friends, cause your friends wont like you if you dont have the same phone as them.

Fav. Player
    L'Inter mercato

Monaco

Quote Originally Posted by Coasterfreek View Post
    Why would you own an iPod Touch when you're saying "fuck Apple"?
    You know it still makes sense.... for people who can actually recognize a joke.

Joke: "Palacio's rattail would be a nice hairstyle for Cambiasso"
    Capt'n Obvious: "But he has no hair"
    #InterMentality

26. Thanks (2): Big Willy, Nyall