Thread: Inter's formation this season

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru

Inter's formation this season

I think by now its clear that the 4-3-2-1 is our Plan A, as this brings out the best from our fantasisti like Cassano, Coutinho, & Sneijder. Specially the magic of Cassano and Sneijder behind Milito, this could take us to the title if things go as per plan. So I can see Inter starting the below line up as our main strategy this season:

<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 0 0 Milito 0 0 0<br />
0 Sneijder 0 0 0 Cassano 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 Gargano 0 Cambiasso 0 Guarin 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
Pereira 0 Silvestre 0 Ranocchia 0 Zanetti<br />
Handanovic<br />

But life rarely goes as per plan. Luckily, Strama has a history of using other formations with the primavera, when the need arises. You have to sometimes change to your Plan B or Plan C, either due to opponents or key player unavailability or just to mix things up during a game. Hence it is important that Inter are able to play with variations, and Starma's usual variations are the 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, and the 4-2-3-1. This is where the acquisitions of Palacio, Casano and Pereira start to make so much more sense, they give us the required tactical versatility. Lets have a look of how Inter could adapt to some of these variations:

1. 4-3-1-2: I can see this becoming our Plan B, and being used if Cassano is not fit or suitable for some teams. Its just a slight change from the Plan B, and uses Palacio's versatility as a "vice-Milito" or a partner to Il Principe:

<br />
0 Milito 0 0 0 Palacio 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 0 0 Sneijder 0 0 0 <br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 Gargano 0 Cambiasso 0 Guarin 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
Handanovic<br />

2. 4-2-3-1: I think this is our plan C, probably will only be used for extreme rare tactical reasons or if the season is starting to go pear-shaped due to form of certain players or a goal drought. And I believe it can work, specially if Pereira lives up to his hyped work-rate and skills, and again, this is where Palacio's wide skills come to the rescue.

<br />
0 0 0 Milito 0 0 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 Pereira 0 Sneijder 0 Palacio 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 0 Gargano 0 Cambiasso 0 0 <br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
Nagatomo 0 Silvestre 0 Ranocchia 0 Zanetti<br />
Handanovic<br />

3. Finally, the 4-3-3. I don't see Strama playing this, and I just don't think it suits us. Maybe it could be useful in certain situations, for brief periods of time during games, like for eg when we need a goal with 10 minutes to go and Cassano is tired. A 4-3-3 would probably look like this:

<br />
0 Coutinho 0 Milito 0 Palacio 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 0 0 Sneijder 0 0 0<br />
0 0 Gargano 0 Cambiasso 0 0 <br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 0 0 Handanovic 0 0 0 <br />

Its always good to have options, and its always good to try out a few different formations. I am certain that Strama will try out the Plan B and Plan C in some games to be ready, just in case the situation in a big game demands it. It is good that we finally have a squad which is so tactically versatile.

2. Thanks (1): FORZAINTERMILAN

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

the important thing is, strama use to a hybrid RCM/RW often
    in pescara match i think thats our prototype for this season
    capitano as RB and guarin as hybrid RCM/RW
    sometimes he covering when capitano overlappng, or sometimes he can goes forward

the good thing is for now we have several player who can play as LCM/LW too, Pereira and maybe obi
    maybe sometimes strama will use that tactic on left side with Pereira as hybrid LCM/LW
    or if he crazy enough, he can use that on both side

Pereira----Gargano----Guarin

this midfield provide a more fluidity so we can change our formation on the pitch everytime
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

10 years of FIF
    That 4-2-3-1 is actually very viable looking.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Indonesia

Football nowadays emphasizes role even more than position.
    This flexibility is primarily supported by our vast choice, especially in the attacking midfield department.
    We have players with great range of pass in form of Sneijder and Guarin, excellent dribblers (Coutinho, Cassano, also Sneijder, Alvarez and Palacio to some extent), playmakers or fantasistas (Cassano, Sneijder, Coutinho, and Ricky Alvarez again to some extent), wide players with the much needed directness (Palacio and Pereira), goal-scoring midfielders (Cassano, Sneijder, Coutinho, and Palacio all love to score goals), hard-working wingers (Palacio and Pereira), and box-to-box midfielder (Guarin).
    Maybe the only type of attack-minded midfielders we do not have are deep-lying playmakers or consistent distributors from deep.
    Granted that deep-lying playmakers or distributors are not necessity to win football matches, but if it's true that Stramaccioni wants Inter to play more attacking football, then we need to control the flow of the games which is the reason why the role of a deep-playmaker or distributor is crucial.
    Looking at some of the top clubs in Europe, teams who like to control game and have a lot of possession nearly always have a distributor orchestrating their games.
    Barcelona have Xavi, Madrid have Alonso, Juventus have Pirlo, Manchester United had Scholes, Spurs had Modric, Arsenal have Arteta, Bayern have Schweinsteiger, Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers have Joe Allen, and even Swansea have Leon Britton. The only exception is Manchester City who actually doesn't have a true deep-playmaker. But instead they dominate matches (particularly against weaker opponents) by utter physical and technical superiority of the whole team. They also have Yaya Toure who pretty much is a complete package, he's strong, intelligent, has good vision, range of pass, cannon shots, and fantastic eye for goals.

That is a reason why I think Inter may still find it hard to dominate games against top teams (luckily we won't have to face a lot of top European teams this season).
    It would be great if we got someone like Nuri Sahin, which in my opinion, could change the way this team play completely. But, well, with the unwillingness of Madrid to sell him and the ridiculous amount of money Liverpool give to loan him, I'm glad Branca was not stupid enough.
    With the current squad, I think Fredy Guarin is integral to the team's success. We need him to show his class this season. And maybe he can be what Yaya Toure is to City.

6. Thanks (1): santon48

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Argentina

How bout Alvarez for deep lying playmakers :awwwyeah:

Fav. Player
    zamorano
    Old name
    noxxaro

Japan

Rename thread to

Inter's formations this season